Genomes and Genes
Summary: A calcium channel blocker with marked vasodilator action. It is an effective antihypertensive agent and differs from other calcium channel blockers in that it does not reduce glomerular filtration rate and is mildly natriuretic, rather than sodium retentive.
Publications191 found, 100 shown here
- Morbidity and Mortality After Stroke, Eprosartan Compared with Nitrendipine for Secondary Prevention: principal results of a prospective randomized controlled study (MOSES)Joachim Schrader
Department of Internal Medicine, St Josefs Hospital, Cloppenburg, Germany
Stroke 36:1218-26. 2005In hypertensive stroke patients, for the same level of blood pressure control, eprosartan will be more effective than nitrendipine in reducing cerebrovascular and cardiovascular morbidity and mortality.
- Effect of crystal size on the in vitro dissolution and oral absorption of nitrendipine in ratsDengning Xia
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, No 103, Wenhua Road, Shenyang 110016, China
Pharm Res 27:1965-76. 2010To investigate the effect of crystal size on the dissolution and oral absorption of nitrendipine, a poorly soluble drug, in rats.
- Formulation and evaluation of monolithic matrix polymer films for transdermal delivery of nitrendipineAshu Mittal
ITS Paramedical Pharmacy College, Ghaziabad, India
Acta Pharm 59:383-93. 2009The objective of the present work was to develop a suitable transdermal drug delivery system for nitrendipine. Polymeric films of nitrendipine were prepared by the film casting technique (glass ring) on mercury substrate...
- Development and evaluation of nitrendipine nanoemulsion for intranasal deliveryRatnesh Jain
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology, University Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai 400019, India
J Biomed Nanotechnol 5:62-8. 2009The clinical efficacy of Nitrendipine (NDP), a potent antihypertensive molecule, is limited due to its low oral bioavailability (10% to 20%) resulting from its extensive first-pass metabolism...
- Development of ultra fast liquid chromatographic method for simultaneous determination of nitrendipine and carvone in skin diffusate samplesRamesh Gannu
National Facilities in Engineering and Technology with Industrial Collaboration NAFETIC Centre, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal 506 009, Andhra Pradesh, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 50:1080-4. 2009..and sensitive reverse phase ultra fast liquid chromatographic (UFLC) method for simultaneous determination of nitrendipine and carvone in skin diffusate samples and microemulsions was developed and validated...
- Preparation of stable nitrendipine nanosuspensions using the precipitation-ultrasonication method for enhancement of dissolution and oral bioavailabilityDengning Xia
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Science, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, No 103, Wenhua Road, Shenyang 110016, China
Eur J Pharm Sci 40:325-34. 2010The aim of this study was to prepare and characterize nitrendipine nanosuspensions to enhance the dissolution rate and oral bioavailability of this drug. Nanosuspensions were prepared by the precipitation-ultrasonication method...
- Cost-utility analysis of eprosartan compared to enalapril in primary prevention and nitrendipine in secondary prevention in Europe--the HEALTH modelBjörn Schwander
Analytica International, Lörrach, Germany
Value Health 12:857-71. 2009To investigate the cost-utility of eprosartan versus enalapril (primary prevention) and versus nitrendipine (secondary prevention) on the basis of head-to-head evidence from randomized controlled trials.
- Nitrendipine and amlodipine mimic the acute effects of enalapril on renal haemodynamics and reduce glomerular hyperfiltration in patients with chronic kidney diseaseL F Morrone
Section of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine and Public Medicine, University of Bari, Polyclinic, Piazza G Cesare, Bari, Italy
J Hum Hypertens 17:487-93. 2003..patients, we compared the effect on glomerular haemodynamics of two second-generation dihydropyridinic agents, nitrendipine and amlodipine, with a first generation dihydropyridinic agent and an ACE-inhibitor, enalapril...
- Contribution of blood pressure variability to the effect of nitrendipine on end-organ damage in spontaneously hypertensive ratsJian Guo Liu
Department of Pharmacology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
J Hypertens 21:1961-7. 2003..The present work was designed to observe the effects of long-term treatment with nitrendipine and hydralazine on BPV and EOD in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR), to examine the hypothesis that ..
- Preparation and evaluation of solid dispersions of nitrendipine prepared with fine silica particles using the melt-mixing methodLiang Wang
Department of Pharmaceutics, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, PR China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:37-43. 2006Solid dispersions (SD) of nitrendipine (NTD), a poorly water-soluble drug, were prepared using the melt-mixing method with hydrophilic silica particles (Aerosil and Sylysia) with different particle size and specific surface areas as ..
- Solid self-emulsifying nitrendipine pellets: preparation and in vitro/in vivo evaluationZhiyuan Wang
Department of Biopharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, No 103 of Wenhua Road, Shenyang 110016, China
Int J Pharm 383:1-6. 2010Objective of this study is to develop and evaluate the new solid self-emulsifying (SE) pellets of poorly soluble nitrendipine (NTD)...
- Development of nitrendipine controlled release formulations based on SLN and NLC for topical delivery: in vitro and ex vivo characterizationKesavan Bhaskar
Novel Drug Delivery Systems Laboratory, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 34:719-25. 2008..solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN) and nano-structured lipid carrier (NLC) as carriers for topical delivery of nitrendipine (NDP)...
- Predicting the anti-hypertensive effect of nitrendipine from plasma concentration profiles using artificial neural networksA Belic
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Comput Biol Med 35:892-904. 2005b>Nitrendipine is an effective and safe calcium-channel blocker for the treatment of mild to moderate hypertension...
- Development and evaluation of nitrendipine loaded solid lipid nanoparticles: influence of wax and glyceride lipids on plasma pharmacokineticsVenishetty Vinay Kumar
University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh 506009, India
Int J Pharm 335:167-75. 2007b>Nitrendipine is an antihypertensive drug with poor oral bioavailability ranging from 10 to 20% due to the first pass metabolism...
- Acrylate-based transdermal therapeutic system of nitrendipineDnyanesh N Tipre
University Department of Chemical Technology, Pharmaceutical Division, University of Mumbai, Matunga, Mumbai, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:71-8. 2003..the present research investigation was to fabricate an acrylate-based transdermal therapeutic system (TTS) of nitrendipine, which could deliver drug at maximum input rate so as to deliver drug in minimum patch size...
- Development of nitrendipine transdermal patches: in vitro and ex vivo characterizationRamesh Gannu
Center for Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal 506 009 A P, India
Curr Drug Deliv 4:69-76. 2007The aim of the investigation was to develop and evaluate matrix type transdermal drug delivery systems (TDDS) of nitrendipine (NTDP).
- Does the MOSES study provide sufficient evidence for Eprosartan against Nitrendipine?Klaus Larsen
Stroke 37:1357; author reply 1358. 2006
- Comparison of the antihypertensive effects of the fixed dose combination enalapril 10 mg/nitrendipine 20 mg vs losartan 50 mg/hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg, assessed by 24-h ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, in essential hypertensive patientsA de la Sierra
Hypertension Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
J Hum Hypertens 18:215-22. 2004..The aim of the present study was to compare the antihypertensive efficacy of the combination enalapril 10 mg/nitrendipine 20 mg (E/N) vs losartan 50 mg/hydrochlorothiazide 12...
- Synergism of atenolol and nitrendipine on hemodynamic amelioration and organ protection in hypertensive ratsHe Hui Xie
Department of Pharmacology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
J Hypertens 23:193-201. 2005This study was designed to investigate the possible synergism of atenolol and nitrendipine on blood pressure (BP) and blood pressure variability (BPV) reductions, baroreflex sensitivity (BRS) amelioration, and organ protection in ..
- Pharmacokinetics, tissue distribution and bioavailability of nitrendipine solid lipid nanoparticles after intravenous and intraduodenal administrationKopparam Manjunath
NDDS Laboratory, University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kakatiya University, Warangal, 506 009, Andhra Pradesh, India
J Drug Target 14:632-45. 2006The aim of this research was to study whether the bioavailability of nitrendipine (NDP) could be improved by administering nitrendipine solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN) duodenally to rats.
- Moxonidine treatment of hypertensive patients with advanced renal failureOliver Vonend
Department of Nephrology of the Ruhr University Bochum at Marienhospital Herne, Germany
J Hypertens 21:1709-17. 2003To compare safety and tolerability of moxonidine versus nitrendipine in hypertensive patients with renal failure...
- Comparison of nitrendipine and cilazapril in patients with hypertension and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusD Giugliano
Department of Geriatrics and Metabolic Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Second University of Naples, Italy
Am J Hypertens 6:927-32. 1993The metabolic and cardiovascular effects of nitrendipine and cilazapril in patients who have elevated blood pressure and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) were compared...
- Nitrendipine blocks the nociceptive effects of chronically administered ethanolMichael B Gatch
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76107 2699, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 26:1181-7. 2002..Calcium channel blockers prevent the development of tolerance to ethanol and prevent seizures and other signs of ethanol withdrawal. Calcium channels may also mediate the development of tolerance to the antinociceptive effects of ethanol...
- [When hypertension becomes an emergency case: lower the blood pressure, but slowly!]Peter Stiefelhagen
MMW Fortschr Med 145:10. 2003
- Parathyroid hormone-stimulated resorption in calvaria cultured in serum-free medium is enhanced by the calcium-mobilizing activity of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3)W Li
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, USA
Bone 29:231-5. 2001..The effect of analog AT was faster than that of 1,25(OH)(2)D(3). Nitrendipine, a specific L-type VSCC blocker, attenuated enhancement by vitamin D compounds, indicating that the high-..
- Nitrendipine and enalapril combination therapy in mild to moderate hypertension: assessment of dose-response relationship by a clinical trial of factorial designA Roca-Cusachs
Hypertension Unit, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 38:840-9. 2001..The aim of this study was to assess the dose-response relationship of nitrendipine and enalapril alone or in fixed combination in the treatment of mild to moderate hypertension...
- Paradoxical release of nitric oxide by an L-type calcium channel antagonist, the R+ enantiomer of amlodipineXiao ping Zhang
Department of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 39:208-14. 2002..To determine whether the R+ enantiomer releases nitric oxide, the ability of amlodipine, its enantiomers, and nitrendipine to release nitric oxide in isolated coronary microvessels and to regulate cardiac tissue oxygen consumption via ..
- A double-blind trial of perindopril and nitrendipine in incipient diabetic nephropathyD Kopf
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Magdeburg, Germany
Diabetes Nutr Metab 14:245-52. 2001..trial to compare the efficacy of the inhibitor of the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) perindopril (P) with nitrendipine (N) in incipient diabetic nephropathy...
- Dihydropyridine calcium-channel blockers for antihypertensive treatment in older patients--evidence from the Systolic Hypertension in Europe TrialJ A Staessen
, Laboratorium Hypertensie, Campus Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium
S Afr Med J 91:1060-8. 2001..e. nitrendipine, with the possible addition of enalapril and hydrochlorothiazide, or to matching placebos (N = 2,297)...
- Cardiorenal protective effects of year-long antihypertensive therapy with an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor or a calcium channel blocker in spontaneously hypertensive ratsToshihiko Ishimitsu
Department of Hypetension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo Medical University, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Am J Hypertens 19:1233-40. 2006..The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of year-long antihypertensive therapy with a calcium channel blocker and an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor on cardiac and renal injury...
- Synaptic mechanisms regulating the activation of a Ca(2+)-mediated plateau potential in developing relay cells of the LGNFu Sun Lo
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Neuroscience Center of Excellence, Louisiana State Health Sciences Center, 1901 Perdido Street, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Neurophysiol 87:1175-85. 2002..These age-related changes in Ca(2+) signaling may contribute to the activity-dependent refinement of retinogeniculate connections...
- CSTX-1, a toxin from the venom of the hunting spider Cupiennius salei, is a selective blocker of L-type calcium channels in mammalian neuronsHelmut Kubista
Center for Biomolecular Medicine and Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringerstrasse 13a, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Neuropharmacology 52:1650-62. 2007..The high potency and selectivity of CSTX-1 for a subset of L-type channels in mammalian neurons may enable the toxin to be used as a molecular tool for the investigation of this family of Ca(v) channels...
- Modulation of ACh release by presynaptic muscarinic autoreceptors in the neuromuscular junction of the newborn and adult ratManel M Santafe
Unitat d Histologia i Neurobiologia UHN Facultat de Medicina i Ciències de la Salut, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, carrer St Llorenç num 21, 43201 Reus, Spain
Eur J Neurosci 17:119-27. 2003..In some experiments we previously incubated the muscle with calcium channel blockers (nitrendipine, omega-conotoxin-GVIA and omega-Agatoxin-IVA) before determining the muscarinic response...
- Effect of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis serum on calcium channels related to spontaneous acetylcholine releaseSalomón Muchnik
Instituto de Investigaciones Medicas Alfredo Lanari, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Neurophysiol 113:1066-71. 2002..MEPP) frequency, by the mouse passive transfer model, and to study whether the transferred serum induces any change in the sensitivity of the L-type voltage-dependent calcium channels (VDCC) to its specific blocker Nitrendipine.
- Differential effects of dihydropyridine calcium antagonists on doxorubicin-induced nephrotoxicity in ratsLi Lin Liu
Department of Pharmacology, Basic Medical School of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, China
Toxicology 231:81-90. 2007The aim of this study was to compare the roles of dihydropyridine calcium antagonists nifedipine, nitrendipine, amlodipine on doxorubicin (DXR)-induced nephrotoxicity in rats using biochemical, histopathological and immunohistochemical ..
- Mechanism of nicotine-evoked release of 3H-noradrenaline in human cerebral cortex slicesRan Sook Woo
Department of Pharmacology, Institute for Medical Sciences, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Chonju 561 180, Republic of Korea
Br J Pharmacol 137:1063-70. 2002..1 micro M) but not by nitrendipine (1 micro M). 4. Tetrodotoxin (1 micro M) and nisoxetine (0...
- The prevention of dementia with antihypertensive treatment: new evidence from the Systolic Hypertension in Europe (Syst-Eur) studyFrancoise Forette
Department of Geriatrics, Hopital Broca, CHU Cochin, University of Paris V, 54 56 Rue Pascal, 75013 Paris, France
Arch Intern Med 162:2046-52. 2002..After the double-blind, placebo-controlled Systolic Hypertension in Europe (Syst-Eur) trial ended in February 1997, randomized patients were offered active study medication for a further period of observation...
- L-type calcium channel-mediated plateau potentials in barrelette cells during structural plasticityFu Sun Lo
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans 70112, USA
J Neurophysiol 88:794-801. 2002..Increased Ca(2+) entry may play a key role in injury-induced structural remodeling, and/or transsynaptic cell death...
- Influence of nifedipine, nitrendipine and verapamil at low concentration on antipyrine metabolism examined by extracorporeal rat liver perfusionAdam Szelag
Department of Pharmacology, Medical University of Wrocław, Mikulicza Radeckiego 2, PL 50 345 Wrocław, Poland
Pol J Pharmacol 55:203-8. 2003..The present study investigated the effect of the selected CCI (nifedipine, nitrendipine and verapamil) on liver function, measured by the efficiency of oxidation reaction, in this case by ..
- Sustained beta-adrenergic stimulation increased L-type Ca2+ channel expression in cultured quiescent ventricular myocytesMiyuki Akuzawa-Tateyama
Department of Physiology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan
J Physiol Sci 56:165-72. 2006..stimulation, was blocked by a beta-AR antagonist, propranolol (10 microM), but not by a Ca2+ antagonist, nitrendipine (10 microM)...
- Effect of L-type calcium channel antagonists on spermine-induced CNS excitation in vivoKaren M Doyle
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
Neurosci Lett 380:247-51. 2005The ability of nitrendipine, nisoldipine, verapamil and gabapentin to inhibit the development of CNS excitation induced by spermine was assessed in mice. Injection of an excitotoxic dose of spermine (100 microg, i.c.v...
- [Toxicological analysis of selected 1,4-dihydropyridine calcium channel blockers in the diagnosis of intoxications]Roman Wachowiak
Katedra i Zakład Medycyny Sadowej, Poznan
Arch Med Sadowej Kryminol 55:47-54. 2005..The program included analysis of nine of the most frequently prescribed derivatives: nifedipine, felodipine, amlodipine, nicardipine, nimodypine, nilvadipine, nitrendipine, nisoldipine, isradipine.
- Tolerance to the antinociceptive effects of ethanol during ethanol withdrawalMichael B Gatch
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107 2699, United States
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 30:946-52. 2006..Three potential pharmacological mechanisms for this tolerance are examined, using nitrendipine (L-type calcium channel blocker), theophylline (adenosine A1/A2 antagonist) and flumazenil (benzodiazepine ..
- Store-operated calcium channel inhibition attenuates neutrophil function and postshock acute lung injuryCindy Lee
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
J Trauma 59:56-63; discussion 63. 2005..We hypothesized that SOCE inhibition might suppress postshock PMN activation, lessening lung injury without compromising cardiovascular performance...
- Analysis of recent papers in hypertension. An angiotensin receptor blocker is more effective than a calcium channel blocker in secondary stroke preventionMichael J Bloch
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV 89503, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 7:489-92. 2005
- BCRP transports dipyridamole and is inhibited by calcium channel blockersYi Zhang
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, University of Washington, Box 357610, Seattle, Washington 98195 7610, USA
Pharm Res 22:2023-34. 2005..We investigated whether dipyridamole and various calcium channel blockers are inhibitors and/or substrates of breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP)...
- MOSES raises questionsMartin H Strauss
Stroke 37:338-9; author reply 339-40. 2006
- The role of existing and newer calcium channel blockers in the treatment of hypertensionJan Basile
Ralph H Johnson VA Medical Center, Division of General Internal Medicine Geriatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, 109 Bee Street, Charleston, SC 29401 5799, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 6:621-29; quiz 630-1. 2004....
- [Effects of nitrendipine on circadian variation of blood pressure in inpatients with renal parenchymal hypertension: assessment by ambulatory blood pressure monitoring]Terukuni Ideura
Division of Nephrology, Showa University Fujigaoka Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Nihon Jinzo Gakkai Shi 46:434-41. 2004To study the effect of once-daily administration of a nitrendipine tablet 10 mg on 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure in inpatients with renal parenchymal hypertension.
- Effect of chronic hypoxia on voltage-independent calcium influx activated by 5-HT in rat intrapulmonary arteriesLise Rodat
Universite Bordeaux 2, Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire Respiratoire, 146 rue Leo Saignat, F33076 Bordeaux, France
Pflugers Arch 454:41-51. 2007..rats in a hypobaric chamber for 3 weeks, potentiated the contraction to 5-HT and this effect was insensitive to nitrendipine. Calcium signal to 5-HT was characterized by a transient followed by a sustained phase in both normoxia and ..
- Preventing cerebrovascular and cardiovascular events after stroke: eprosartan or nitrendipine?S Claiborne Johnston
Stroke Service, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Nat Clin Pract Neurol 2:24-5. 2006
- Inhibition of type A GABA receptors by L-type calcium channel blockersP Das
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, 3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Neuroscience 124:195-206. 2004..The dihydropyridines nifedipine and nitrendipine, and the phenylalkylamine verapamil inhibited recombinant rat alpha1beta2gamma2 receptors recorded from human ..
- Effect of combination therapy with a calcium channel blocker and an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor on renal hypertrophy and urinary albumin excretion in diabetic ratsBirgitte Nielsen
Medical Research Laboratories Diabetes and Endocrinology, Institute of Experimental Clinical Research, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Exp Diabesity Res 4:191-9. 2003..Treatment was commenced immediately in 1 set of rats with 4 treatment arms: nitrendipine (250 mg/kg fodder), enalapril (35 mg/L drinking water), both treatments in combination, or placebo...
- Effects of Li+ transport and intracellular binding on Li+/Mg2+ competition in bovine chromaffin cellsC P Fonseca
Department of Biochemistry and Centre for Neuroscience of Coimbra, University of Coimbra, P O Box 3126, 3001 401 Coimbra, Portugal
Biochim Biophys Acta 1691:79-90. 2004..absorption (AA) spectrophotometry, in control (without and with ouabain) and depolarising (without and with nitrendipine) conditions, showed that L-type voltage-sensitive Ca(2+) channels have an important role in Li(+) uptake under ..
- Effects of immediate versus delayed antihypertensive therapy on outcome in the Systolic Hypertension in Europe TrialJan A Staessen
J Hypertens 22:847-57. 2004....
- [Emergency checklist in hypertensive crisis]H S Fuessl
MMW Fortschr Med 148:49. 2006
- Circadian and cAMP-dependent modulation of retinal cone cGMP-gated channels does not require protein synthesis or calcium influx through L-type channelsGladys Y P Ko
Department of Biology and Biochemistry and Biological Clocks Program, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204 5001, USA
Brain Res 1021:277-80. 2004..The effects is cAMP also persist when calcium influx through L-type channels is blocked by nitrendipine. The mechanisms whereby cAMP modulates CNGCs therefore differ from those previously reported to underline ..
- Determination of nifedipine in serum of women in preterm labor by high-performance liquid chromatography with diode array detectionDorota Kowalczuk
Medical University of Lublin, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, 6 Chodzki Str, 20 093 Lublin, Poland
J AOAC Int 89:71-7. 2006..5 ng/mL, respectively. Validation of the method demonstrated good intraday and interday precision, which ranged from 2.18 to 6.67% and from 6.52 to 11.93%, respectively...
- Effect of angiotensin II on calcium reabsorption by the luminal membranes of the nephronA Charbonneau
Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital; Guy-Bernier Research Center, Montreal, Quebec H1T 2M4, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 280:E928-36. 2001..e., the segment responsible for the high-affinity calcium channel...
- Coupling of L-type calcium channels to neurotransmitter release at mouse motor nerve terminalsF J Urbano
, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenons Aires, Ciudad Universitaria, Argentina
Pflugers Arch 441:824-31. 2001..OA-induced increment of QC was attenuated greatly (approximately 95% reduction) by preincubation with either nitrendipine (10 microM) or calciseptine (300 nM). The effect of OA (1 microM) and pervanadate (0...
- Effects of angiotensin II blockade on inflammation-induced alterations of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of calcium channel blockersS Hanafy
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 153:90-9. 2008....
- Administration time-dependent effect of nitrendipine on the reduction of cardiac hypertrophy in spontaneously hypertensive ratsT Shiga
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi, Japan
Am J Hypertens 12:1264-7. 1999The influence of administration time of nitrendipine on the regression of cardiac mass was studied in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR). Nitrendipine (100 mg/kg) was given once daily at 10 AM or 10 PM for 16 weeks...
- Paradoxical nifedipine facilitation of 45Ca uptake into rat hippocampal synaptosomesJoana Costa
Laboratório de Farmacologia UMIB, Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas de Abel Salazar ICBAS, Universidade do Porto, L Prof Abel Salazar, 2, 4099 003 Porto, Portugal
Eur J Pharmacol 544:39-48. 2006..001-0.3 microM), nifedipine decreased 45Ca uptake in a cadmium-sensitive manner. In contrast with nitrendipine (0...
- Unchanged insulin secretion and glucose tolerance but increased insulin clearance during long-term calcium antagonism with felodipine in essential hypertensionP L Katzman
Department of Endocrinology, University of Lund, , Sweden
Horm Metab Res 19:426-9. 1987..The increased insulin clearance could be expected to be coupled to a change in glucose tolerance, but this was unaltered during long-term calcium antagonism...
- [Edema-inducing properties of lacidipine, nitrendipine and nifedipine in the spontaneously hypertensive rat]R Rota
INSERM U 400, ,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:975-7. 1994..We evaluated edema due to LA, nitrendipine (NT) and nifedipine (NF) in SHR. METHODS: Mean arterial pressure (MAP) was measured with an intra-femoral probe...
- Differential contribution of L-, N-, and P/Q-type calcium channels to [Ca2+]i changes evoked by kainate in hippocampal neuronsAna R Santiago
Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Department of Zoology, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, 3004 517, Portugal
Neurochem Res 33:1501-8. 2008..Selective Ca(2+) channel blockers, namely nitrendipine, omega-Conotoxin GVIA (omega-GVIA) and omega-Agatoxin IVA (omega-AgaIVA) were used...
- Effects of a calcium antagonist on the pituitary-adrenal axisS Rocco
Institute of Semeiotica Medica University of Padua, Italy
Horm Metab Res 25:114-6. 1993..To further investigate these aspects we tested the effects of a calcium antagonist nitrendipine on basal and oCRH-stimulated ACTH secretion, in 6 hypertensive patients, with normal hypothalamus pituitary ..
- Calcium entry inhibition during resuscitation from shock attenuates inflammatory lung injuryCindy Lee
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Shock 30:29-35. 2008..Ca2+ entry inhibition is a candidate therapy for management of lung injury after shock...
- Systolic blood pressure reduction with olmesartan medoxomil versus nitrendipine in elderly patients with isolated systolic hypertensionJean Michel Mallion
Cardiologie et Hypertension Arterielle, Service de Cardiologie et hypertension artérielle, Hopital A Michallon CHU, BP 217 38043 Grenoble Cedex, France
J Hypertens 25:2168-77. 2007..in the elderly, and the objective of this study was to compare the antihypertensive efficacy of olmesartan medoxomil with that of nitrendipine in elderly (65-74 years) and very elderly (>/= 75 years) male and female patients with ISH.
- [Hypotensive effect of a new calcium antagonist, SR 33557 in conscious rats]C Lacour
Sanofi Recherche, Montpellier, France
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:1281-4. 1990..6 nM, 3H-nitrendipine)...
- Prognostic significance of serum creatinine and uric acid in older Chinese patients with isolated systolic hypertensionJ G Wang
Hypertension Division, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, People's Republic of China
Hypertension 37:1069-74. 2001..02) for cardiovascular mortality and 1.34 (1.14 to 1.57, P<0.001) for fatal stroke. In conclusion, in older Chinese patients with isolated systolic hypertension, serum creatinine and serum uric acid were predictors of mortality...
- Effects of enalapril and nitrendipine on exercise albuminuria in normotensive type I diabetic patients with incipient nephropathyL Heinemann
Department of Metabolic Diseases and Nutrition, , Germany
Horm Metab Res 28:549-52. 1996..5 mg bid), nitrendipine (N: 5 mg bid) and placebo (P) on 18 Type 1 normotensive (blood pressure < 140/90 mmHg) diabetic patients ..
- Ca(2+)-channel blockers modulate expression of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase and low density lipoprotein receptor genes stimulated by platelet-derived growth factorL H Block
Department of Medicine, University of Freiburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:9041-5. 1991The effects of Ca(2+)-channel blockers (amlodipine, nifedipine, nitrendipine, and verapamil) on expression of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase (EC 1.1.1...
- Mechanism of action of the inhibitory effect of nifedipine on the growth of cultured aortic cells from spontaneously hypertensive and normotensive ratsT Herembert
CNRS URA 1482, Universite Rene Descartes, UFR des Saints Pères, Paris, France
Br J Pharmacol 114:1703-9. 1995..the rank order of effect (measured at a concentration of 10 microM) was nifedipine > nisoldipine > nitrendipine approximately nimodipine. 4...
- Functional interaction between neuropeptide Y receptors and modulation of calcium channels in the rat hippocampusAna P Silva
Center for Neuroscience of Coimbra, Department of Zoology, University of Coimbra, Coimbra 3004 517, Portugal
Neuropharmacology 44:282-92. 2003..The inhibitory effect of nitrendipine (L-type VGCC blocker) or omega-conotoxin GVIA (omega-CgTx; N-type VGCC blocker) was not potentiated by the ..
- Interactions between grapefruit juice and cardiovascular drugsDavid G Bailey
Department of Medicine and Lawson Health Research Institute, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 4:281-97. 2004..when hypertension is managed with the dihydropyridines felodipine, nicardipine, nifedipine, nisoldipine, or nitrendipine. An alternative agent could be amlodipine...
- Decreased calcium influx into the neonatal rat motor nerve terminals can recruit additional neuromuscular junctions during the synapse elimination periodM M Santafe
Histology and Neurobiology Unit, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, carrer St Llorenç, num 21, 43201 Reus, Spain
Neuroscience 110:147-54. 2002..The L-type channel blocker nitrendipine (1 microM) increased the mean poly-innervation index (35.79% +/- 3.91; P<0.05)...
- Differential effects of endothelin-1 on the vasorelaxant properties of benzopyran and non-benzopyran potassium channel openersK Lawson
Recherche Syntex France, Leuville sur Orge, France
Br J Pharmacol 107:58-65. 1992..v.), Ro 31-6930 (1-1000 micrograms kg-1, i.v.), RP-49356 (10-1000 micrograms kg-1, i.v.) or nitrendipine (0.1-30 micrograms kg-1, i.v.) produced dose-dependent falls in diastolic blood pressure (DBP).ET-1 (i.v...
- Investigations of the dual contractile/relaxant properties showed by antioquine in rat aortaM D Ivorra
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Valencia, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 109:502-9. 1993..its effects on the contractile activity of rat isolated aorta, specific binding of [3H]-(+)-cis-diltiazem, [3H]-nitrendipine and [3H]-prazosin to cerebral cortical membranes and the different molecular forms of cyclic nucleotide ..
- Neurotoxic action of veratridine in rat brain neuronal cultures: mechanism of neuroprotection by Ca++ antagonists nonselective for slow Ca++ channelsP J Pauwels
Department of Biochemical Pharmacology, Janssen Research Foundation, Beerse, Belgium
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 255:1117-22. 1990..order of potency: nicardipine greater than gallopamil and verapamil greater than niludipine greater than nitrendipine greater than nifedipine greater than nimodipine greater than diltiazem...
- Presynaptic inhibition of spontaneous acetylcholine release mediated by P2Y receptors at the mouse neuromuscular junctionS De Lorenzo
Instituto de Investigaciones Medicas Alfredo Lanari, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Combatientes de Malvinas 3150, 1427 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Neuroscience 142:71-85. 2006..Blockade of Ca(2+) channels by both, Cd(2+) or the combined application of nitrendipine and omega-conotoxin GVIA (omega-CgTx) (L-type and N-type Ca(2+) channel antagonists, respectively) prevented ..
- Inhibition by propofol of intracellular calcium mobilization in cultured mouse pituitary cellsJacques T Ya Deau
Anesthesiology Division, Hospital of Special Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, NY 10021, USA
Anesth Analg 97:1325-30. 2003..9 microM; P < 0.05). Nitrendipine also inhibited potassium-induced Ca(2+) peaks...
- Radioligand binding studies of alpha 1-adrenoceptor subtypes in rat heartM C Michel
Department of Medicine, University of Essen, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 111:533-8. 1994..cerebral cortex and hippocampus but none of them displayed detectable alpha 1-adrenoceptor subtype-selectivity; nitrendipine did not compete for [3H]-prazosin binding in concentrations up to 5 mumol 1(-1). 3...
- Influence of calcium-entry blockade on vasoconstrictor responses in feline mesenteric vascular bedH L Lippton
Department of Pharmacology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112
Circ Res 61:570-80. 1987..Responses to phenylephrine and UK14304 were reduced by nitrendipine, a calcium-entry blocking agent, and this agent decreased vasoconstrictor responses to sympathetic nerve ..
- The H+, K(+)-ATPase inhibitor pantoprazole (BY1023/SK&F96022) interacts less with cytochrome P450 than omeprazole and lansoprazoleW A Simon
Byk Gulden Pharmazeutika, Konstanz, Germany
Biochem Pharmacol 42:347-55. 1991..g. SK&F 525A, metyrapone, chlorpromazine and nitrendipine, different enzymes seem to be responsible for these three indicator reactions of the cytochrome P450IIB1 ..
- Formation of DNA-damaging N-nitroso compounds from the interaction of calcium-channel blockers with nitriteAntonietta Martelli
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Genoa, I 16132 Genoa, Italy
Toxicology 238:211-5. 2007..After 6h incubation the yields of NOC formed in vitro from nicardipine, nifedipine, nimodipine and nitrendipine ranged from 37 to 45% of the theoretical one, whereas the yields of NOC formed from diltiazem, gallopamil and ..
- Multiple actions of glaucine on cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases, alpha 1-adrenoceptor and benzothiazepine binding site at the calcium channelM D Ivorra
Departament de Farmacologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 106:387-94. 1992..of glaucine at calcium channel binding sites of alpha-adrenoceptors, by use of [3H]-(+)-cis-diltiazem, [3H]-nitrendipine and [3H]-prazosin binding to cerebral cortical membranes...
- Mechanisms of alpha,beta-methylene atp-induced inhibition in rat ileal smooth muscle: involvement of intracellular Ca2+ stores in purinergic inhibitionM Storr
Department of Internal Medicine, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 27:771-9. 2000..by pretreatment with atropine (10(-6) mol/L), phentolamine (10(-6) mol/L), propranolol (10(-6) mol/L), nitrendipine (10(-7) mol/L), pertussis toxin (10(-6) mol/L) NG-nitro-L-arginine (3 x 10(-4) mol/L) and tetrodotoxin (10(-6) ..
- Neuroprotective profile of lifarizine (RS-87476) in rat cerebrocortical neurones in cultureG R May
Department of Pharmacology, Syntex Research Centre, Riccarton, Edinburgh
Br J Pharmacol 114:1365-70. 1995..in rat embryonic cerebrocortical neurones in primary culture has been compared with that of tetrodotoxin (TTX), nitrendipine, (+)-MK-801 and (-)-MK-801...
- Excitatory effect of the A2A adenosine receptor agonist CGS-21680 on spontaneous and K+-evoked acetylcholine release at the mouse neuromuscular junctionA G Palma
Laboratorio de Neurofisiologia, Instituto de Investigaciones Medicas Alfredo Lanari, Universidad de Buenos Aires, CONICET, Combatientes de Malvinas 3150, 1427 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Neuroscience 172:164-76. 2011..channel (VDCC) blocker ω-Agatoxin IVA, but it was completely prevented by both, the L-type VDCC blocker nitrendipine (which is known to immobilize their gating charges), or thapsigargin, suggesting that the effects of CGS-21680 ..
- Mechanism of the cardiovascular activity of laudanosine: comparison with papaverine and other benzylisoquinolinesS Chulia
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 113:1377-85. 1994..Its effects on [3H]-(+)-cis-diltiazem and [3H]-nitrendipine binding to rat cerebral cortical membranes, and on the different molecular forms of cyclic nucleotide ..
- Modulation of dopamine and noradrenaline release and of intracellular Ca2+ concentration by presynaptic glutamate receptors in hippocampusJ O Malva
Department of Zoology, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Br J Pharmacol 113:1439-47. 1994..In contrast, the increase in [Ca2+]i due to stimulation by glutamate was not sensitive to CNQX or MK-801.5. Nitrendipine, at I JAM, did not inhibit the neurotransmitter release induced by AMPA, but, both 0...
- Inhibition of human equilibrative nucleoside transporters by dihydropyridine-type calcium channel antagonistsRachel W S Li
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Eur J Pharmacol 568:75-82. 2007..be the most potent inhibitor of hENT-1, with an IC(50) value of 60+/-31 muM, whereas nifedipine, nicardipine, nitrendipine, and felodipine exhibited 100-fold less effective inhibitory activity...
- Dual effects of lipophilic extract of Salvia miltiorrhiza (Danshen) on catecholamine secretion in cultured bovine adrenal medullary cellsHaoping Mao
Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Key Laboratory of Pharmacology of Traditional Chinese Medical Formulae, Ministry of Education, Tianjin 300 193, China
J Ethnopharmacol 125:59-67. 2009..Salvia miltiorrhiza (Danshen) is a well known traditional Chinese herb, which has been used widely in China for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases in clinic...
- Effects of antihypertensive drug treatment on the risk of dementia and cognitive impairmentIvy O Poon
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Texas Southern University, and the Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center, Houston, Texas 77004, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:366-75. 2008..The Syst-Eur study found that active treatment with nitrendipine, enalapril, and/or hydrochlorothiazide reduced the rate of dementia by 50% compared with placebo (p=0.05)...
- Interactions between calcium channel blockers and alpha-adrenoceptors in the human coronary and mammary arteries: a radioligand binding studyE Bronzetti
Dipartimento di Scienze Cardiovascolari e Respiratorie, Universita La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
J Auton Pharmacol 14:79-85. 1994..whether Ca2+ channel blockers of the dihydropyridine family (felodipine, nicardipine, nifedipine, nimodipine, nitrendipine and nisoldipine), and of the phenylalkylamine family (verapamil) have any effect on alpha-adrenoceptor binding ..
- Functional evidence equating the pharmacologically-defined alpha 1A- and cloned alpha 1C-adrenoceptor: studies in the isolated perfused kidney of ratD R Blue
Syntex Research, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Br J Pharmacol 115:283-94. 1995..Additionally, vasoconstriction mediated by this alpha 1-adrenoceptor subtype or subtypes was abolished by nitrendipine (1 microM), thereby allowing characterization of the second, high affinity site for 5-methyl-urapidil. 3...
- Trandolapril: a newer angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitorDavid R P Guay
Institute for the Study of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Clin Ther 25:713-75. 2003..The fixed-dose combination of trandolapril and verapamil extended release (ER) is approved for the treatment of hypertension only...
- Benidipine, an anti-hypertensive drug, inhibits reactive oxygen species production in polymorphonuclear leukocytes and oxidative stress in salt-loaded stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive ratsMasahiro Matsubara
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, 1188 Shimotogari, Sunto gun, Shizuoka 411 8731, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 580:201-13. 2008..leukocytes more potently than other calcium channel blockers such as amlodipine, azelnidipine, nitrendipine and nifedipine...
- Effects of L-type Ca2+ channel antagonists on in vitro excystment of Paragonimus ohirai metacercariae induced by sodium cholateTeruaki Ikeda
Department of Medical Zoology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Ishikawa, 920 0293, Japan
Parasitol Res 99:336-40. 2006..b>Nitrendipine and (+/-)-verapamil inhibited CIIE by about one half and one third, respectively...
- Increase of the intracellular Ca2+ concentration mediated by transport of glutamate into rat hippocampal synaptosomes: characterization of the activated voltage sensitive Ca2+ channelsJ O Malva
Center for Neurosciences of Coimbra, Department of Zoology, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Neurochem Int 32:7-16. 1998..This increase in [Ca2+]i induced by 100 microM D-aspartate was insensitive to 1 microM nitrendipine, but was inhibited by about 50% by the presence of both 500 nM omega-CgTx GVIA and 100 nM omega-Aga IVA or by ..
- CALCIUM AND CONTROL OF RENIN SECRETIONJohn Fray; Fiscal Year: 1990..stretch), adenosine, isoproterenol and forskolin, angiotensin II, and ADH, organic Ca-channel blockers (nitrendipine, verapamil, diltiazem, and D-600), and ANP...
- CA IN MYELIN PRODUCING CELLSKENNY MC CARTHY; Fiscal Year: 1991..be examined will include a blocker of neuronal activity (tetrodotoxin), a blocker of L-type calcium channels (nitrendipine), non-selective blockers of calcium channels (EGTA, Mg++), blocking the release of calcium from internal stores ..
- CA IN MYELIN PRODUCING CELLSKen McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 1993..be examined will include a blocker of neuronal activity (tetrodotoxin), a blocker of L-type calcium channels (nitrendipine), non-selective blockers of calcium channels (EGTA, Mg++), blocking the release of calcium from internal stores ..
- SEROTONIN AND EICOSANOID INTERACTION IN LUNG VASOMOTIONWENDELL HOFMAN; Fiscal Year: 1990..channels (ROC) by employing Ca++ channel antagonist specific for either a VOC (verapamil, diltiazem, nitrendipine) or ROC (nitroprusside, nitroglycerin) and VOC patentiators (BAY K 8644)...
- ROLE OF PLASMA MEMBRANE IN STIMULUS-SECRETION COUPLINGMargarethe Hoenig; Fiscal Year: 1990..will be studied in the presence and absence of the calcium channel agonist Bay K 8644 and the antagonist nitrendipine in a perifusion system...
- MOLECULAR PROPERTIES OF VOLTAGE-SENSITIVE CA++ CHANNELSWilliam Catterall; Fiscal Year: 1990..In this research, radiolabeled organic calcium antagonists such as [H3]-nitrendipine will be used as probes to monitor purification of the protein components of the calcium antagonist receptor of ..
- ETHANOL, ESOPHAGEAL DYSMOTILITY, AND CA2+ REGULATIONAli Keshavarzian; Fiscal Year: 1992..iii] [3H]nitrendipine binding to Ca2+ channels in slices. 2. The effect of chronic EtOH on LES, LE & UE as in Aim #1. 3...
- ETHANOL, ESOPHAGEAL DYSMOTILITY, AND CA2+ REGULATIONAli Keshavarzian; Fiscal Year: 1993..iii] [3H]nitrendipine binding to Ca2+ channels in slices. 2. The effect of chronic EtOH on LES, LE & UE as in Aim #1. 3...
- ACTIONS OF CALCIUM AND ANTAGONISTS ON MALIGNANT CELLSRobert Simpson; Fiscal Year: 1990..responsive to calcium possess intrinsic and measurable differences in the concentration or binding activity of nitrendipine sensitive calcium slow channels...
- MYOCARDIAL CA2+ TRANSPORT AND METABOLISMShey Shing Sheu; Fiscal Year: 1992..To identify the sources of Ca2+ responsible for receptor-mediated [Ca2+]i changes, drugs (e.g. nitrendipine for L-type Ca2+ channels) that inhibit cellular Ca2+ - transport systems will be used...
- MYOCARDIAL CA2+ TRANSPORT AND METABOLISMShey Shing Sheu; Fiscal Year: 1993..To identify the sources of Ca2+ responsible for receptor-mediated [Ca2+]i changes, drugs (e.g. nitrendipine for L-type Ca2+ channels) that inhibit cellular Ca2+ - transport systems will be used...
- MYOCARDIAL CA2+ TRANSPORT AND METABOLISMShey Shing Sheu; Fiscal Year: 1990..To identify the sources of Ca2+ responsible for receptor-mediated [Ca2+]i changes, drugs (e.g. nitrendipine for L-type Ca2+ channels) that inhibit cellular Ca2+ - transport systems will be used...
- MYOCARDIAL CA2+ TRANSPORT AND METABOLISMShey Shing Sheu; Fiscal Year: 1991
- ETHANOL AND CALCIUM CHANNELS IN CULTURED NEURAL CELLSDavid Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 1992..in 45Ca2+ uptake and in the number of Ca2+ channel binding sites labeled by the Ca2+ channel antagonist, (3H)nitrendipine. When ethanol was withdrawn from cultures, 45Ca2+ uptake returned to pre-exposure levels...
- ETHANOL AND CALCIUM CHANNELS IN CULTURED NEURAL CELLSDavid Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 1990..in 45Ca2+ uptake and in the number of Ca2+ channel binding sites labeled by the Ca2+ channel antagonist, (3H)nitrendipine. When ethanol was withdrawn from cultures, 45Ca2+ uptake returned to pre-exposure levels...
- THYROID HORMONE AND CELLULAR CALCIUM REGULATIONLaura Kragie; Fiscal Year: 1990..evidence revealing and inverse relationship of TH status and cardiac calcium channels, as demonstrated by (3H)- nitrendipine binding. These data, along with recent literature, point t TH influence upon cellular calcium regulation...
- CHRONIC STIMULANTS AND CALMODULINMargaret Gnegy; Fiscal Year: 1990..Recently it has been shown that CaM binds to a (3H) nitrendipine binding site in brain...
- PHOSPHOINOSITIDE HYDROLYSIS AND BETA CELL SECRETIONWalter Zawalich; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PHOSPHOINOSITIDE HYDROLYSIS AND BETA CELL SECRETIONWalter Zawalich; Fiscal Year: 2006..These aims will be accomplished by using sound principles of experimentation and employing isolated islets that retain their in vivo sensitivity to glucose. ..
- PHOSPHOINOSITIDE HYDROLYSIS AND BETA CELL SECRETIONWalter Zawalich; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- PHOSPHOINOSITIDE HYDROLYSIS AND BETA CELL SECRETIONWalter Zawalich; Fiscal Year: 2005..These aims will be accomplished by using sound principles of experimentation and employing isolated islets that retain their in vivo sensitivity to glucose. ..
- PHOSPHOINOSITIDE HYDROLYSIS AND BETA CELL SECRETIONWalter Zawalich; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- PHOSPHOINOSITIDE HYDROLYSIS & BETA CELL SECRETIONWalter Zawalich; Fiscal Year: 1993..Biochemical events activated by or associated with cellular increases in PI hydrolysis are implicated in these processes and our goal is to explore these interrelationships...
- PHOSPHOINOSITIDE HYDROLYSIS AND BETA CELL SECRETIONWalter Zawalich; Fiscal Year: 2004..These aims will be accomplished by using sound principles of experimentation and employing isolated islets that retain their in vivo sensitivity to glucose. ..
- PHOSPHOINOSITIDE HYDROLYSIS AND BETA CELL SECRETIONWalter Zawalich; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- PHOSPHOINOSITIDE HYDROLYSIS AND BETA CELL SECRETIONWalter Zawalich; Fiscal Year: 2003
- PHOSPHOINOSITIDE HYDROLYSIS & BETA CELL SECRETIONWalter Zawalich; Fiscal Year: 1992..Biochemical events activated by or associated with cellular increases in PI hydrolysis are implicated in these processes and our goal is to explore these interrelationships...
- PHOSPHOINOSITIDE HYDROLYSIS & BETA CELL SECRETIONWalter Zawalich; Fiscal Year: 1991..Biochemical events activated by or associated with cellular increases in PI hydrolysis are implicated in these processes and our goal is to explore these interrelationships...
- PHOSPHOINOSITIDE HYDROLYSIS & BETA CELL SECRETIONWalter Zawalich; Fiscal Year: 1990
- The Nerve Terminal as a Site of Acrylamide ActionRICHARD LOPACHIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Determining how these chemicals work will provide a rational basis for establishing occupational exposure conditions and for development of efficacious pharmacotherapeutic approaches. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPASE D AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- OPTIMIZING MANAGEMENT OF TRANSIENT ISCHEMIC ATTACKSS Johnston; Fiscal Year: 2005..This research will provide important results for clinicians and policy makers, and will foster the applicant's development as a health services researcher in cerebrovascular disease. ..
- Regularity Mechanisms of Aldosterone SecretionWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2006..The complex interactions between AngII and serum K+ levels suggest that abnormalities in the glomerulosa cell response to either agonist, or both, may contribute to the development of some forms of hypertension. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Estrogen Modulates Injury-Induced InflammationSuzanne Oparil; Fiscal Year: 2006..These fundamental mechanistic studies will enhance our understanding of the pathobiology of vascular disease, particularly as it occurs in aging women, and will provide the basis for development of novel therapeutic strategies. ..
- Cellular electrophsyiology of vasculatures in the inner earZhi Gen Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The acquired knowledge should also be of significance in broad areas of cardiovascular physiology, and cardiovascular disease pathophysiology. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPASE D AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- O-GlyNAcylation: Novel Mechanism of Estrogen-Induced VasoprotectionSuzanne Oparil; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- The Nerve Terminal as a Site of Acrylamide ActionRICHARD LOPACHIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Determining how these chemicals work will provide a rational basis for establishing occupational exposure conditions and for development of efficacious pharmacotherapeutic approaches. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF HEXACARBON-INDUCED AXON ATROPHYRICHARD LOPACHIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, our studies might suggest novel pharmacotherapies based on neurotrophin intervention or replacement. ..
- ADVENTITIAL RESPONSE TO VASCULAR INJURY: ESTROGENSuzanne Oparil; Fiscal Year: 2000..These fundamental mechanistic studies will establish more rational strategies for therapeutic intervention in vascular diseases, including the basis for future gene therapy. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF HEXACARBON-INDUCED AXON ATROPHYRICHARD LOPACHIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, our studies might suggest novel pharmacotherapies based on neurotrophin intervention or replacement. ..
- NERVE TERMINAL AS A SITE OF ACRYLAMIDE ACTIONRICHARD LOPACHIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results could lead to a better understanding of acquired and inherited human neuropathies and the development of efficacious pharmacotherapies. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF HEXACARBON-INDUCED AXON ATROPHYRICHARD LOPACHIN; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, our studies might suggest novel pharmacotherapies based on neurotrophin intervention or replacement. ..
- Cellular electrophysiology of vasculatures in inner earZhi Gen Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2007..The acquired knowledge should also be of significance in broad areas of cardiovascular physiology. ..
- Topical Treatment for Mild PsoriasisWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2007..An effective, easy-to-use, low-cost therapy suitable for long-term relief would be a great boon. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PHOSPHOLIPASE D AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PHOSPHOLIPASE D AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Cellular electrophsyiology of vasculatures in the inner earZhi Gen Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2009..The acquired knowledge should also be of significance in broad areas of cardiovascular physiology, and cardiovascular disease pathophysiology. ..
- Regulatory Mechanisms of Aldosterone SecretionWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2003..The complex interactions between AngII and serum K+ levels suggest that abnormalities in the glomerulosa cell response to either agonist, or both, may contribute to the development of some forms of hypertension. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPASE D AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- PHOSPHOLIPASE D AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Cellular electrophysiology of vasculatures in inner earZhi Gen Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The acquired knowledge should also be of significance in broad areas of cardiovascular physiology. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPASE D AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Regularity Mechanisms of Aldosterone SecretionWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2005..The complex interactions between AngII and serum K+ levels suggest that abnormalities in the glomerulosa cell response to either agonist, or both, may contribute to the development of some forms of hypertension. ..
- Cellular electrophysiology of vasculatures in inner earZhi Gen Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2003..The acquired knowledge should also be of significance in broad areas of cardiovascular physiology. ..
- Regularity Mechanisms of Aldosterone SecretionWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2004..The complex interactions between AngII and serum K+ levels suggest that abnormalities in the glomerulosa cell response to either agonist, or both, may contribute to the development of some forms of hypertension. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPASE D AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..