Genomes and Genes
Summary: A potent calcium channel blockader with marked vasodilator action. It has antihypertensive properties and is effective in the treatment of angina and coronary spasms without showing cardiodepressant effects. It has also been used in the treatment of asthma and enhances the action of specific antineoplastic agents.
Publications222 found, 100 shown here
- Safety and feasibility of intra-arterial nicardipine for the treatment of subarachnoid hemorrhage-associated vasospasm: initial clinical experience with high-dose infusionsJ G Tejada
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:844-8. 2007..We report our initial experience with intra-arterial use of a calcium channel blocker, nicardipine.
- Management of hypertensive emergencies in acute brain disease: evaluation of the treatment effects of intravenous nicardipine on cerebral oxygenationPradeep K Narotam
Division of Neurosurgery, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
J Neurosurg 109:1065-74. 2008Inappropriate sudden blood pressure (BP) reductions may adversely affect cerebral perfusion. This study explores the effect of nicardipine on regional brain tissue O(2) (PbtO(2)) during treatment of acute hypertensive emergencies.
- Effect of nicardipine prolonged-release implants on cerebral vasospasm and clinical outcome after severe aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a prospective, randomized, double-blind phase IIa studyMartin Barth
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Mannheim, Faculty for Clinical Medicine of the Karl Ruprecht University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Stroke 38:330-6. 2007The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of nicardipine prolonged-release implants (NPRIs) on cerebral vasospasm and clinical outcome after severe subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Nicardipine: a hypotensive dihydropyridine-type calcium antagonist with a peculiar cerebrovascular profileFrancesco Amenta
Centro Recherche Cliniche, Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Sanità Pubblica, Universita di Camerino, Camerino, Italy
Clin Exp Hypertens 30:808-26. 2008..b>Nicardipine is a dihydropyridine-type calcium channel blocker (CCB) with a peculiar cerebrovascular profile developed ..
- The effects of nicardipine on dynamic cerebral autoregulation in patients anesthetized with propofol and fentanylH Endoh
Departments of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine and Anesthesiology, Niigata University School of Medicine, Japan
Anesth Analg 91:642-6. 2000We investigated the effects of nicardipine on dynamic cerebral pressure autoregulation in 13 normal adult patients undergoing gynecologic or orthopedic surgery. Anesthesia was induced and maintained with propofol and fentanyl...
- Effect of nicardipine and magnesiumon cerebral infarction - brain surface perfusion techniqueC Mikami
Department of Neurosurgery, Iwate Medical University School of Medicine, Morioka, Japan
Cerebrovasc Dis 11:44-50. 2001The protective effect of pre- and postischemia treatment of the brain by surface perfusion with nicardipine (Nic) and/or magnesium (Mg) was evaluated in a rat focal cerebral ischemia model...
- Comparison of nicardipine versus esmolol in attenuating the hemodynamic responses to anesthesia emergence and extubationAnthony L Kovac
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 21:45-50. 2007The purpose of this study was to compare the effectiveness of intravenous (IV) nicardipine versus esmolol in controlling heart rate (HR) and blood pressure (BP) responses to emergence and extubation.
- Treatment with nicardipine protects brain in an animal model of hypertension-induced damageFrancesco Amenta
Sezione di Anatomia Umana, Dipartimento di Scienze Farmacologiche e Medicina Sperimentale, Universita di Camerino, Camerino, Italy
Clin Exp Hypertens 26:351-61. 2004..This study has assessed the influence of treatment with the dihydropyridine-type Ca2+ antagonist nicardipine on brain microanatomical changes in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR)...
- Randomized, comparative, double-blind study of amlodipine vs. nicardipine as a treatment of isolated systolic hypertension in the elderlyClaire Mounier-Vehier
Hopital Cardiologique, CHRU de Lille, 2 Avenue Oscar Lambret, 59037 Lille, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 16:537-44. 2002..double-blind, parallel-group study was conducted to compare the efficacy of amlodipine (once a day) with nicardipine (two to three times a day), in the treatment of isolated systolic hypertension (ISH) in the elderly...
- Acute effects of nicardipine and esmolol on the cardiac cycle, intracardiac hemodynamic and endothelial shear stress in patients with unstable angina pectoris and moderate coronary stenosis: results from single center, randomized studyShao Liang Chen
Division of Cardiology, Nanjing First Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 21006, China
Cardiovasc Ther 30:162-71. 2012This study aimed to compare the acute effects of nicardipine and esmolol on hemodynamic and endothelial shear stress (ESS) in patients with unstable angina (UA) and moderate coronary stenosis (MCS).
- A prospective evaluation of labetalol versus nicardipine for blood pressure management in patients with acute strokeXi Liu-Deryke
Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando, FL, USA
Neurocrit Care 19:41-7. 2013Acute hypertension is common following stroke and contributes to poor outcomes. Labetalol and nicardipine are often used for acute hypertension but there are little data comparing the two...
- Risk of tacrolimus toxicity in CYP3A5 nonexpressors treated with intravenous nicardipine after kidney transplantationDavid K Hooper
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Transplantation 93:806-12. 2012..Continuous intravenous nicardipine (CIVN), prescribed for posttransplant hypertension, inhibits tacrolimus metabolism by cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A4 ..
- Prospective randomized comparison of safety and efficacy of nicardipine and nitroprusside drip for control of hypertension in the neurosurgical intensive care unitBen Z Roitberg
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Neurosurgery 63:115-20; discussion 120-1. 2008The calcium channel blocker nicardipine (NC) is effective for acute control of hypertension. However, efficacy and safety in neurosurgical patients have not been evaluated...
- Effects of nicardipine and clonidine on cognitive functions and electroencephalography in hypertensive patientsT Denolle
Biotrial SA, rue Jean Louis Bertrand 35000 Rennes, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 16:527-35. 2002..was to investigate the cognitive and electroencephalography (EEG) short-term effects of a calcium antagonist, nicardipine, compared to placebo and clonidine (which, having known sedative effects, acted as a negative control) for 15 ..
- Nicardipine versus nitroprusside for deliberate hypotension during idiopathic scoliosis repairStewart J Lustik
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Clin Anesth 16:25-33. 2004To compare coagulation, blood loss, and transfusion requirements between patients receiving nicardipine and nitroprusside for deliberate hypotension during idiopathic scoliosis repair.
- Multimodal molecular encapsulation of nicardipine hydrochloride by beta-cyclodextrin, hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin and triacetyl-beta-cyclodextrin in solution. Structural studies by 1H NMR and ROESY experimentsCatarina M Fernandes
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, 3000 Coimbra, Portugal
Eur J Pharm Sci 18:285-96. 2003..complexes, was used to study and structurally characterize the inclusion compounds formed in solution between nicardipine hydrochloride (NC) and beta-cyclodextrin (betaCD), hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (HPbetaCD) and triacetyl-..
- Effect of nicardipine treatment on the expression of neurofilament 200 KDa immunoreactivity in the brain of spontaneously hypertensive ratsM Sabbatini
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmacologiche e Medicina Sperimentale, , Italy
Clin Exp Hypertens 23:127-41. 2001..The effect of long-term treatment with the dihydropyridine-type Ca2+ antagonist nicardipine on the expression of P-NFP was investigated as well...
- Characterization of functional outcome and quality of life following subarachnoid hemorrhage in patients treated with and without nicardipine prolonged-release implantsMartin Barth
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital, Mannheim Faculty for Clinical Medicine, Karl Ruprecht University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, D 68167 Mannheim, Germany
J Neurosurg 110:955-60. 2009The use of nicardipine prolonged-release implants (NPRIs) is associated with a significant improvement in the therapy of patients suffering from aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage (aSAH) regarding the occurrence and severity of cerebral ..
- Super-selective intra-arterial magnesium sulfate in combination with nicardipine for the treatment of cerebral vasospasm in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhageQaisar A Shah
Zeenat Qureshi Stroke Research Center, Department of Neurology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Neurocrit Care 11:190-8. 2009To determine the safety and tolerability of super-selective intra-arterial magnesium sulfate in combination with intra-arterial nicardipine in patients with cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Nicardipine prolonged-release implants for preventing cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage: effect and outcome in the first 100 patientsBoris Krischek
Department of Neurosurgery, Tokyo Women s Medical University
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 47:389-94; discussion 394-6. 2007..b>Nicardipine prolonged-release implants (NPRIs) have been used to prevent vasospasm in patients with SAH since October 1999...
- Efficacy of intracoronary nicardipine in the treatment of no-reflow during percutaneous coronary interventionRaymond I Huang
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:671-6. 2006The goal of this study was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of nicardipine in reversing no-reflow during percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
- Optimization of pH-independent release of nicardipine hydrochloride extended-release matrix tablets using response surface methodologyYaw Bin Huang
School of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, No 100, Shih Chuan 1st Rd, Kaohsiung City 80708, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Pharm 289:87-95. 2005The purpose of this study was to optimize the pH-dependent release of nicardipine hydrochloride extended release formulations by using simultaneously combination two hydrophilic polymers: hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (HPMC) and sodium ..
- Intraventricular nicardipine for aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage related vasospasm: assessment of 90 days outcomeNa Lu
Clinical Research Internship Study Program, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Neurocrit Care 16:368-75. 2012..We evaluated the safety of intraventricular nicardipine (IVN) for vasospasm (VSP) in aSAH patients, and outcomes compared with a control population.
- Effects of lovastatin on the pharmacokinetics of nicardipine in ratsJoong W Chung
College of Medicine, Chosun University, Dong Gu, Gwangju, South Korea
Biopharm Drug Dispos 31:436-41. 2010It has been reported that both nicardipine and lovastatin are substrates of both the cytochrome P450 (CYP) 3A subfamily and P-glycoprotein (P-gp), and P-gp transport is unlikely to be a significant factor...
- The use of nicardipine prolonged release implants (NPRI) in microsurgical clipping after aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage: comparison with endovascular treatmentUlf C Schneider
Department of Neurosurgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 153:2119-25. 2011b>Nicardipine prolonged release implants (NPRI) have been shown to decrease the incidence of cerebral vasospasm and infarcts significantly in patients after aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH) following microsurgical clipping...
- Feasibility of intraventricular nicardipine prolonged release implants in patients following aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhageMartin Barth
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Mannheim, Medical Faculty Mannheim of the University of Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Neurosurg 25:677-83. 2011Intracisternal nicardipine prolonged release implants (NPRI) have been shown to be effective in the prophylaxis of cerebral vasospasm (VS). However, they cannot be used in patients following coil occlusion of the aneurysm...
- Nicardipine pellets for the prevention of cerebral vasospasmClaudius Thome
Department of Neurosurgery, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstr 35, A 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Acta Neurochir Suppl 110:209-11. 2011..has been associated with significant side effects and insufficient efficacy, intrathecal administration of nicardipine prolonged-release implants (NPRI) has been developed...
- A new antispastic solution for arterial grafting: nicardipine and nitroglycerin cocktail in preparation of internal thoracic and radial arteries for coronary surgeryGuo Wei He
Nankai University Medical College and TEDA International Cardiovascular Hospital, Tianjin, China
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 136:673-80, 680.e1-2. 2008..We designed a new nicardipine and nitroglycerin cocktail that is composed of a second-generation dihydropyridine calcium antagonist, ..
- Assessment of blood pressure during naproxen therapy in hypertensive patients treated with nicardipineD K Klassen
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA
Am J Hypertens 8:146-53. 1995..One hundred patients with stable blood pressure control on 30 mg nicardipine three times a day were treated with 375 mg naproxen twice a day or placebo for 4 weeks...
- Intravenous nicardipine for treatment of severe hypertension in childrenJ T Flynn
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, C. S. Mott Children's Hospital, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
J Pediatr 139:38-43. 2001OBJECTIVE: To examine the effect of intravenous nicardipine in the treatment of children with severe hypertension...
- Effects of diltiazem compared with nicardipine on diaphragmatic fatigability in vivoY Fujii
Eur J Anaesthesiol 20:575-6. 2003
- Treatment of acute hypertension in patients with intracerebral hemorrhage using American Heart Association guidelinesAdnan I Qureshi
Clinical Trials Division, Zeenat Qureshi Stroke Research Center, Department of Neurology and Neurosciences, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, USA
Crit Care Med 34:1975-80. 2006....
- Nicardipine infusion for blood pressure control in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhagePanayiotis N Varelas
Department of Neurology, K 11, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Neurocrit Care 13:190-8. 2010To evaluate the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of nicardipine infusion in controlling the elevated blood pressure after subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH).
- Continuous nicardipine infusion to control blood pressure after evacuation of acute cerebral hemorrhageT Nishiyama
Department of Surgical Center, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Can J Anaesth 47:1196-201. 2000To explore the long-term effects of the calcium antagonist, nicardipine, on cerebral hemodynamics in patients with acute cerebral hemorrhage, we investigated the effects of nicardipine infusion on intracranial pressure (ICP), middle ..
- Application of nicardipine prolonged-release implants: analysis of 97 consecutive patients with acute subarachnoid hemorrhageHidetoshi Kasuya
Department of Neurosurgery, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Neurosurgery 56:895-902; discussion 895-902. 2005Since October 1999, nicardipine prolonged-release implants (NPRIs) have been used to prevent vasospasm in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage...
- Autoregulation of cerebral blood flow surrounding acute (6 to 22 hours) intracerebral hemorrhageW J Powers
Department of Neurology and Neurological Surgery, Lillian Strauss Institute for Neuroscience, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 631101, USA
Neurology 57:18-24. 2001..The authors undertook this study to provide further information on the changes in whole-brain and periclot regional CBF that occur with pharmacologic reductions in mean arterial pressure (MAP) in patients with acute ICH...
- Nicardipine-sensitive Na+-mediated single channel currents in guinea-pig sinoatrial node pacemaker cellsT Mitsuiye
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Yoshida Konoe, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Physiol 521:69-79. 1999..Overlapping of ist events was observed and ist was abolished by bath application of nicardipine. 3...
- Photostability studies on nicardipine-cyclodextrin complexes by capillary electrophoresisR Pomponio
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Bologna, Via Belmeloro 6, 40126 Bologna, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 35:267-75. 2004b>Nicardipine (NC)-cyclodextrin solid systems were prepared in equimolar ratios and their photostability in aqueous solution under exposure to UV(A)-UV(B) radiations was evaluated...
- The diagnosis and management of hypertensive crisesJ Varon
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston TX, USA
Chest 118:214-27. 2000..This article reviews some of the current concepts and common misconceptions in the management of patients with acutely elevated BP...
- Hemodynamic management and outcome of patients treated for cerebral vasospasm with intraarterial nicardipine and/or milrinoneUlrich Schmidt
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Anesth Analg 110:895-902. 2010..Although endovascular treatment with intraarterial nicardipine and milrinone is an accepted clinical treatment strategy, there is little information either on hemodynamic ..
- A nicardipine-sensitive Ca2+ entry contributes to the hypotonicity-induced increase in [Ca2+]i of principal cells in rat cortical collecting ductYou Komagiri
Department of Physiology, Iwate Medical University School of Medicine, Uchimaru, Morioka, Japan
Cell Calcium 49:35-42. 2011..On the other hand, a voltage-gated Ca(2+) channel inhibitor, nicardipine, significantly reduced the peak amplitude of [Ca(2+)](i) increase in the principal cells...
- The effect of intraoperative use of esmolol and nicardipine on recovery after ambulatory surgeryPaul F White
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9068, USA
Anesth Analg 97:1633-8. 2003..followed by an esmolol infusion 5 microg x kg(-1) x min(-1); and Group 3 (n = 15) received esmolol 50 mg and nicardipine 1 mg, followed by an esmolol infusion 5 microg x kg(-1) x min(-1)...
- Antiischemic effects of nicardipine and nitroglycerin after coronary artery bypass graftingI A Apostolidou
Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 67:417-22. 1999We assessed the efficacy of a continuous infusion of nicardipine and nitroglycerin in reducing the incidence and severity of perioperative myocardial ischemia during elective coronary artery bypass grafting procedures in a prospective, ..
- Effect of resveratrol on the pharmacokinetics of oral and intravenous nicardipine in rats: possible role of P-glycoprotein inhibition by resveratrolJun Shik Choi
College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea
Pharmazie 64:49-52. 2009The present study aimed to assess the effect of resveratrol on the bioavailability of nicardipine in rats...
- Effect of nicardipine on renal function after robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomyJang Eun Cho
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, and Anesthesia and Pain Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Urology 73:1056-60. 2009To investigate the renoprotective effect of nicardipine in patients undergoing robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (RALRP) in a prospective trial...
- Nicardipine use in cerebrovascular disease: a review of controlled clinical studiesFrancesco Amenta
Clinical Research Centre, Department of Experimental Medicine and Public Health, University of Camerino, 62032 Camerino, Italy
J Neurol Sci 283:219-23. 2009b>Nicardipine is a dihydropyridine-type Ca(2+) channel blocker (CCB) with strong antihypertensive activity and with a peculiar cerebrovascular profile...
- A comparison of nicardipine and labetalol for acute hypertension management following strokeXi Liu-Deryke
Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 48201, USA
Neurocrit Care 9:167-76. 2008Evaluate the ease of use and tolerability of labetalol (L) and nicardipine (N) for hypertension management in patients with acute stroke.
- Comparative study of calcium-channel blockers on cell proliferation, DNA and collagen syntheses, and EGF receptors of cultured gingival fibroblasts derived from human nifedipine, nicardipine and nisoldipine respondersH Matsumoto
Department of Pharmacology, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Chiba, Japan
J Oral Sci 43:261-8. 2001..derived from patients reactive to nifedipine might be susceptible to the other calcium-channel blockers (nicardipine, verapamil and diltiazem) in terms of cell proliferation, DNA synthesis, and collagen synthesis...
- Intrathecal administration of nicardipine hydrochloride to prevent vasospasm in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhageM Suzuki
Department of Neurosurgery, Clinical Neuroscience, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
Neurosurg Rev 24:180-4. 2001To evaluate the prophylactic effect of repeated intrathecal administration of nicardipine associated with hypertensive hypervolemic hemodilution therapy (triple H) and sodium correction, we analyzed a consecutive series of 177 patients ..
- Endovascular treatment of cerebral vasospasm: transluminal balloon angioplasty, intra-arterial papaverine, and intra-arterial nicardipineBrian L Hoh
Endovascular Neurosurgery, Neurosurgical Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, VBK 710, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 16:501-16, vi. 2005..9% complications. Intra-arterial nicardipine therapy produced clinical improvement in 42% of patients, significantly improved mean TCD velocities (P <...
- The in vitro effect of dual combinations of ritodrine, nicardipine and atosiban on contractility of pregnant rat myometriumMuriel Doret
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Edouard Herriot Hospital, 1 Place d Arsonval, 69008 Lyon, France
BJOG 110:731-4. 2003To compare the tocolytic potency of ritodrine, nicardipine and atosiban, used alone and in dual combinations, to see whether combinations of these drugs, which act via different pathways, could improve inhibition of uterine contractility.
- Efficacy and safety of nicardipine prolonged-release implants for preventing vasospasm in humansHidetoshi Kasuya
Department of Neurosurgery, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Stroke 33:1011-5. 2002..This study was conducted to examine the efficacy and safety of nicardipine prolonged-release implants (NPRI) for humans, which have already been proven in dogs.
- [Acute pulmonary edema during preterm labor: role of nicardipine tocolysis (three cases)]S Janower
Service de cardiologie
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 34:807-12. 2005..cases of pulmonary edema during preterm labor associated with the use of calcium channel blocker, intravenous nicardipine, widely used for tocolysis in France...
- Elevated plasma nitric oxide metabolites in hypertension: synergistic vasodepressor effects of a static magnetic field and nicardipine in spontaneously hypertensive ratsHideyuki Okano
Department of Environmental Health, National Institute of Public Health, Saitama 351 0197, Japan
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 34:303-8. 2006..4 mm in diameter, 2.2 mm in height). An L-type voltage-gated Ca2+ channel blocker, nicardipine (2 mg/kg) was administered intraperitoneally three times a week for 6 weeks, and then 15 min after each ..
- Nicardipine versus salbutamol in the treatment of premature labor: comparison of their efficacy and side effectsKhaled Trabelsi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hedi Chaker University Hospital, Sfax, Tunisia
Tunis Med 86:43-8. 2008To compare the tocolytic action and the side effects of nicardipine to those of salbutamol in patients presenting premature labor in order to propose nicardipine as a promising alternative to salbutamol in the treatment of premature labor.
- Physicochemical characterization and in vitro dissolution behavior of nicardipine-cyclodextrins inclusion compoundsCatarina M Fernandes
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Eur J Pharm Sci 15:79-88. 2002Inclusion complexation between nicardipine hydrochloride (NC), a calcium-channel antagonist, and beta-cyclodextrin (beta-CD) or hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (HPbetaCD) was evaluated in aqueous environment and in solid state...
- Comparative effects of propofol, landiolol, and nicardipine on hemodynamic and bispectral index responses to endotracheal intubation: a prospective, randomized, double-blinded studyMasumi Miyazaki
Department of Anesthesia, Tomioka General Hospital, Tomioka, Japan
J Clin Anesth 20:257-62. 2008To examine the comparative effects of propofol, landiolol, and nicardipine on hemodynamic responses and bispectral index (BIS) changes to endotracheal intubation.
- The ECLIPSE trials: comparative studies of clevidipine to nitroglycerin, sodium nitroprusside, and nicardipine for acute hypertension treatment in cardiac surgery patientsSolomon Aronson
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Duke South, Room 102 Baker House, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Anesth Analg 107:1110-21. 2008..performed to compare the safety and efficacy of clevidipine (CLV) with nitroglycerin (NTG), sodium nitroprusside (SNP), and nicardipine (NIC) in the treatment of perioperative acute hypertension in patients undergoing cardiac surgery.
- Nicardipine and adenosine "flush cocktail" to prevent no-reflow during rotational atherectomyTim A Fischell
Michigan State University, Heart Institute at Borgess Medical Center, 1521 Gull Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49001, USA
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 9:224-8. 2008..This microscopic atheroembolic debris can lead to platelet activation, with vasoconstriction and/or mechanical obstruction of distal coronary resistance vessels, leading to no-reflow and myocardial necrosis...
- Hydrophilic and hydrophobic cyclodextrins in a new sustained release oral formulation of nicardipine: in vitro evaluation and bioavailability studies in rabbitsCatarina Marques Fernandes
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Rua do Norte, 3000, Coimbra, Portugal
J Control Release 88:127-34. 2003The feasibility of using complexes with cyclodextrins (CDs) in nicardipine (NC) controlled delivery has been examined, with a view to extending the pharmaceutical applications spectrum of these carriers...
- Acute pulmonary oedema during nicardipine therapy for premature labour; Report of five casesPascal Vaast
Service de pathologie maternelle et foetale, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, 2 Avenue Oscar Lambret, CHRU Lille, 59000 Lille, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 113:98-9. 2004We report five maternal cases of acute pulmonary oedema which occurred during treatment with nicardipine for tocolysis.
- Effect of the hydrophobic nature of triacetyl-beta-cyclodextrin on the complexation with nicardipine hydrochloride: physicochemical and dissolution properties of the kneaded and spray-dried complexesCatarina Marques Fernandes
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:1597-602. 2002..of triacetyl-beta-cyclodextrin (TAbetaCD), a hydrophobic cyclodextrin (CD) derivative was examined, using nicardipine hydrochloride (NC) as model drug...
- Effect of antihypertensive therapy on aortic distensibility in patients with essential hypertension: comparison with trichlormethiazide, nicardipine and alaceprilT Honda
Department of Internal Medicine, Saiseikai Saijo Hospital, Ehime, Japan
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 13:339-46. 1999..were divided into three groups and treated for 12 weeks with 2-4 mg trichlormethiazide per day (n = 10), 80 mg nicardipine per day (n = 13) and 50 mg alacepril per day (n = 10)...
- Combined use of esmolol and nicardipine to blunt the haemodynamic changes following laryngoscopy and tracheal intubationP H Tan
Department of Anaesthesiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 123, Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien, Taiwan, China
Anaesthesia 57:1207-12. 2002We examined the effect of different combinations of esmolol and nicardipine upon the circulatory response to tracheal intubation...
- Preliminary experience with intra-arterial nicardipine as a treatment for cerebral vasospasmNeeraj Badjatia
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:819-26. 2004..We prospectively studied the use of IA nicardipine as a treatment for vasospasm.
- Enhanced percutaneous permeability of nicardipine hydrochloride by carvone across the rat abdominal skinY S R Krishnaiah
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:191-202. 2003The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of carvone on the permeation of nicardipine hydrochloride across the excised rat abdominal epidermis from 2% w/w hydroxypropyl cellulose (HPC) gel system...
- Penetration enhancing effect of menthol on the percutaneous flux of nicardipine hydrochloride through excised rat epidermis from hydroxypropyl cellulose gelsY S R Krishnaiah
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam 530003, India
Pharm Dev Technol 7:305-15. 2002..the present investigation is to study the penetration enhancing effect of menthol on the percutaneous flux of nicardipine hydrochloride through the excised rat epidermis from 2% w/w hydroxypropyl cellulose (HPC) gel system...
- Effects of nicardipine and diltiazem on the bispectral index and 95% spectral edge frequencyK Hirota
University of Hirosaki School of Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, Hirosaki, Japan
Eur J Anaesthesiol 20:809-12. 2003..As the bispectral index correlates with the depth of sedation, we examined whether L-type Ca2+ channel blocking agents affect the bispectral index...
- Influence of limonene on the bioavailability of nicardipine hydrochloride from membrane-moderated transdermal therapeutic systems in human volunteersY S R Krishnaiah
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam 530003, India
Int J Pharm 247:91-102. 2002The aim of the present study was to develop a membrane-moderated transdermal therapeutic system (TTS) of nicardipine hydrochloride using 2%w/w hydroxy propyl cellulose (HPC) gel as a reservoir system containing 4%w/w of limonene as a ..
- Intravenous nicardipine: its use in the short-term treatment of hypertension and various other indicationsMonique P Curran
Adis International Limited, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 66:1755-82. 2006b>Nicardipine is a water soluble calcium channel antagonist, with predominantly vasodilatory actions...
- Effect of nicardipine on haemodynamic and bispectral index changes following endotracheal intubationJ H Kim
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
J Int Med Res 35:52-8. 2007We investigated the effect of IV nicardipine on haemodynamic and bispectral index responses to the induction of general anaesthesia and intubation...
- Effect of limonene on the in vitro permeation of nicardipine hydrochloride across the excised rat abdominal skinY S R Krishnaiah
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India
Pharmazie 57:842-7. 2002The aim of the present investigation was to study the effect of limonene on in vitro permeation of nicardipine hydrochloride across the excised rat abdominal skin from a 2% w/w hydroxypropyl cellulose (HPC) gel...
- [Acute pulmonary edema during nicardipine and salbutamol therapy for preterm labor in twin pregnancy]C Chapuis
Service du SAMU, 38, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 34:493-6. 2005..of a multiple pregnancy who experienced acute pulmonary edema more than 48 hours after tocolytic treatment with nicardipine and salbutamol...
- Effects of nicardipine and bupivacaine on early after depolarization in rabbit sinoatrial node cells: a possible mechanism of bupivacaine-induced arrhythmiasT Matsuda
Department of Anesthesiology, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa, Japan
Gen Pharmacol 33:115-25. 1999The effects of nicardipine and bupivacaine on early afterdepolarizations (EADs) were investigated in rabbit sinoatrial (SA) nodes using the conventional microelectrode technique...
- Antioxidant enzyme activities and total nitrite/nitrate levels in the collar model. Effect of nicardipineE Y Sozmen
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Clin Chem Lab Med 38:21-5. 2000..We investigated the effects of collaring and nicardipine treatment on the activities of antioxidant enzymes, superoxide dismutase and catalase, and total nitrite/..
- [Case of autonomic hyperreflexia treated with intravenous nicardipine]Junichi Saito
Department of Anesthesiology, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki 036 8562
Masui 58:1528-30. 2009..Diagnosis of AH was made. Then nicardipine 1 mg i.v...
- Nicardipine improves the antidepressant action of ECT but does not improve cognitionS L Dubovsky
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, USA
J ECT 17:3-10. 2001..METHOD: The lipid-soluble calcium channel-blocking drug nicardipine or matching placebo were randomly assigned to 26 patients with major depressive disorder receiving ECT...
- Antioxidant effects and anti-elastase activity of the calcium antagonist nicardipine on activated human and rabbit neutrophils--a potential antiatherosclerotic property of calcium antagonists?Ferdinand Kouoh
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Pharmacocinetique et Pharmacie Clinique, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, rue du Professeur Laguesse, BP 83, 59006 Lille Cedex, France
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 16:515-20. 2002..In the present study, we have shown that nicardipine, a calcium channel blocker, affects the release of elastase and superoxide anion radicals (O(2-)) in vitro ..
- The comparative effects of intravenous nicardipine and prostaglandin E1 on the cerebral pial arteriolar constriction seen after unclamping of an aortic cross-clamp in rabbitsMasahiko Kumazawa
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu City, Gifu, Japan
Anesth Analg 104:659-65. 2007The potent vasodilators nicardipine and prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) are useful for the treatment of systemic hypertension or pulmonary hypertension during aortic surgery.
- Long-term anti-hypertensive therapy with benidipine improves arterial stiffness over blood pressure loweringToshihiro Kita
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Miyazaki Medical School, 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake, 889 1692, Miyazaki, Japan
Hypertens Res 28:959-64. 2005..In the short-term experiment, 29 participants were intravenously administered nicardipine for 90 min...
- A review of calcium channel antagonists in the treatment of pediatric hypertensionShobha Sahney
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Loma Linda Children s Hospital, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
Paediatr Drugs 8:357-73. 2006..Oral short-acting nifedipine and intravenous nicardipine are safe and effective CCAs for the management of hypertensive crisis in children...
- Induction of hepatic cytochrome P450 isoforms by nicardipine at therapeutic doses in spontaneously hypertensive ratsShoji Miyajima
Department of Molecular Toxicology, COE Program in the 21st Century, School of Pharaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 32:79-90. 2007b>Nicardipine hydrochloride (Nic), a calcium channel antagonist, is used for the treatment of hypertension...
- Vasodilation increases the threshold for bupivacaine-induced convulsions in ratsYutaka Oda
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University, Osaka, Japan
Anesth Analg 98:677-82, table of contents. 2004..Male Sprague-Dawley rats were randomly divided into control (C), nicardipine (N), and phentolamine (P) groups (n = 12 in each group)...
- Azelnidipine attenuates cardiovascular and sympathetic responses to air-jet stress in genetically hypertensive ratsMinori Nakamoto
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Nephrology and Neurology, School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan
Hypertens Res 30:359-66. 2007..Oral administration of high-dose azelnidipine (10 mg/kg per day) or nicardipine (150 mg/kg per day) for 10 days caused a significant and comparable decrease in blood pressure, but low-dose ..
- Assessment of the effects of L- and N-type Ca2+ channel blocking drugs using canine blood-perfused papillary muscle preparationsKazuyuki Daitoku
Department of Pharmacology, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 212:415-22. 2007..Cilnidipine and nicardipine, a selective L-type Ca(2+) channel blocker, but not omega-conotoxin GVIA (omega-CTX), a selective N-type Ca(2+) ..
- Large artery compliance in essential hypertension. Effects of calcium antagonism and beta-blockingR De Cesaris
Department of Biomedical Science and Human Oncology, University of Bari Medical School, Italy
Am J Hypertens 5:624-8. 1992..This study used 2D Doppler flowmetry to assess the effects on peripheral hemodynamics of effective treatment with nicardipine or atenolol in 40 patients with mild or moderate essential hypertension...
- Mechanism of the ropivacaine-induced increase in intracellular Ca2+ concentration in rat aortic smooth muscleY Tokinaga
Surgical Operating Center, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama City, Japan
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 51:1155-60. 2007..Therefore, the aim of this study was to examine the mechanism underlying the increase in [Ca(2+)](i) in ropivacaine-induced vascular contraction...
- Voltage-gated Ca2+ currents are necessary for slow-wave propagation in the canine gastric antrumOrline Bayguinov
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1645-59. 2007..b>Nicardipine (0.1-1 microM) did not affect slow-wave upstroke or propagation velocities...
- Sex difference in induction of hepatic CYP2B and CYP3A subfamily enzymes by nicardipine and nifedipine in ratsYoshihiro Konno
Department of Molecular Toxicology and COE Program in the 21st Century, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 196:20-8. 2004Male and female of F344 rats were treated per os with nicardipine (Nic) and nifedipine (Nif), and changes in the levels of mRNA and protein of hepatic cytochrome P450 (P450) enzymes, CYP2B1, CYP2B2, CYP3A1, CYP3A2, CYP3A9, and CYP3A18 ..
- Effects of neck exposure to 5.5 mT static magnetic field on pharmacologically modulated blood pressure in conscious rabbitsHideyuki Okano
Department of Environmental Health, National Institute of Public Health, Saitama, Japan
Bioelectromagnetics 26:469-80. 2005..BP; norepinephrine (NE)-induced hypertension as well as an L-type voltage-gated Ca(2+) channel blocker, nicardipine (NIC)-induced hypotension in conscious rabbits. Magnetic flux densities were up to 5...
- Pathophysiology and medical management of systemic hypertension in preeclampsiaWilliam H Frishman
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Curr Hypertens Rep 8:502-11. 2006....
- Exposure to a moderate intensity static magnetic field enhances the hypotensive effect of a calcium channel blocker in spontaneously hypertensive ratsHideyuki Okano
Department of Environmental Health, National Institute of Public Health, Saitama, Japan
Bioelectromagnetics 26:611-23. 2005..effects of a moderate intensity static magnetic field (SMF) and an L-type voltage-gated Ca(2+) channel blocker, nicardipine in stroke-resistant spontaneously hypertensive rats during the development of hypertension...
- Radix angelica elicits both nitric oxide-dependent and calcium influx-mediated relaxation in rat aortaMee Ra Rhyu
Function Research Division, Korea Food Research Institute, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 46:99-104. 2005..A substance other than ferulic acid might create these effects...
- Intravenous use of the calcium-channel blocker nicardipine as second-line treatment in severe, early-onset pre-eclamptic patientsLidwien M Hanff
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Hypertens 23:2319-26. 2005To evaluate the efficacy of intravenous administration of nicardipine as a second-line temporizing treatment in severe, early-onset, pre-eclamptic patients.
- A novel neurotrophic role of secretory phospholipases A2 for cerebellar granule neuronsManabu Arioka
Department of Biotechnology, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Japan
FEBS Lett 579:2693-701. 2005..sPLA(2) was inhibited by depletion of extracellular Ca(2+) or by the presence of L-type Ca(2+) channel blocker nicardipine, suggesting that Ca(2+) influx occurs upon sPLA(2) treatment...
- Vasorelaxant effects of methyl brevifolincarboxylate from the leaves of Phyllanthus niruriToru Iizuka
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hoshi University, Tokyo, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:177-9. 2006..by a high concentration (60 mM) of K+, whereas it inhibited NE-induced vasocontraction in the presence of nicardipine. These results suggest that the inhibition of NE-induced vasocontraction by compound 1 is in part attributable ..
- Nicardipine, a calcium antagonist, does not aggravate intracerebral haemorrhage in an intracerebral haemorrhage model in ratsMasanori Suzuki
Applied Pharmacology Research, Pharmacology Laboratories, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Ibaraki, Japan
J Pharm Pharmacol 57:483-8. 2005..Here, we investigated the effects of nicardipine on haematoma size and neurological deficit in a rat model of collagenase-induced intracerebral haemorrhage...
- C-type natriuretic peptide inhibits L-type Ca2+ current in rat magnocellular neurosecretory cells by activating the NPR-C receptorRobert A Rose
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Dr NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Neurophysiol 94:612-21. 2005..These data represent the first electrophysiological evidence of a functional role for the NPR-C receptor in the mammalian hypothalamus...
- The use of nicardipine for electroconvulsive therapy: a dose-ranging studyYunan Zhang
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9068, USA
Anesth Analg 100:378-81. 2005..designed this randomized, double-blind, saline-controlled, crossover study to compare three different doses of nicardipine when administered before the ECT stimulus...
- Determination of nifedipine in serum of women in preterm labor by high-performance liquid chromatography with diode array detectionDorota Kowalczuk
Medical University of Lublin, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, 6 Chodzki Str, 20 093 Lublin, Poland
J AOAC Int 89:71-7. 2006..5 ng/mL, respectively. Validation of the method demonstrated good intraday and interday precision, which ranged from 2.18 to 6.67% and from 6.52 to 11.93%, respectively...
- Analysis of responses to kava kava in the feline pulmonary vascular bedJason M Hoover
Department of Anesthesiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Med Food 9:62-71. 2006..glibenclamide, an ATP-sensitive K+ channel blocker, meclofenamate, a nonselective cyclooxygenase inhibitor, nicardipine, a calcium channel blocker, bicuculline, a gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)A receptor antagonist, and saclofen, a ..
- Antihypertensive Treatment of Acute Cerebral Hemorrhage (ATACH-II)ADNAN IQBAL QURESHI; Fiscal Year: 2013..ascertainment to determine the efficacy of early, intensive antihypertensive treatment using intravenous nicardipine for acute hypertension in subjects with spontaneous supratentorial ICH...
- Anti-hypertensive drugs that prevent Alzheimer's disease beta-amyloid pathology aGiulio Maria Pasinetti; Fiscal Year: 2010..A[unreadable]) in vitro and, as recently found, also in vivo in response to treatment with propranolol-HCI, nicardipine-HCI, losartan in Tg2576 mice, even when these drugs were delivered in a short term dosing regimen at ..
- Statistical and Data Coordinating Center for the ATACH - 2Yuko Y Palesch; Fiscal Year: 2013..randomized Phase III trial to determine the efficacy of early, intensive antihypertensive treatment with nicardipine for acute hypertension in subjects with supratentorial intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH)...
- Antihypertensive Treatment in Acute Cerebral HemorrhageAdnan Qureshi; Fiscal Year: 2006..is proposed to evaluate the treatment feasibility and safety of antihypertensive (anti HTN) treatment (with nicardipine) in subjects with acute HTN associated with ICH...
- RANDOMIZED STUDY OF NICARDIPINE IN SAHNeal Kassell; Fiscal Year: 1992..Cooperative Aneurysm Study proposes to examine the safety and efficacy of the calcium channel blocking agent, nicardipine hydrochloride, in improving outcome in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage by conducting a large ..
- ACTIONS OF ALPHA 2 ADRENERGIC AGONISTS IN ANESTHESIDavid Clark; Fiscal Year: 2000..The investigators will determine whether the administration of nicardipine, an L-type Ca2+ channel blocker, can attenuate the vasoconstriction produced by dexmedetomidine and enhancing ..
- REGULATION OF XENOBIOTIC-METABOLIZING CYP3ARichard Zangar; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Bioinformatics for Protein MicroarraysRichard Zangar; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- CARDIOVASCULAR EFFECTS OF COCAINEMARK KNUEPFER; Fiscal Year: 2001..Furthermore, our studies offer a novel model by which individuals at greater risk for cocaine- or stress-related heart disease may be identified. ..
- Chronic Stress or Psychostimulants on Central and Autonomic Nervous SystemsMark M Knuepfer; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results will illuminate the similarities and differences in central autonomic and neuroendocrine responsiveness to stress and psychostimulants. ..
- MECHANISMS OF SECONDARY INJURY IN CEREBRAL HEMORRHAGEALLYSON ZAZULIA; Fiscal Year: 2007..These hypotheses will be tested using sequential PET or MRI studies in 60 patients with acute ICH. ..
- In Vivo Gene Silencing with siRNA After Brain TraumaHELEN HELLMICH; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sympathetic Regulation of Endotoxemia in Drug AbuseMARK KNUEPFER; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information will contribute to our understanding of predisposing factors to the incidence and severity of septic shock in humans and the mechanisms by which cocaine use affects this process. ..
- Mechanism of Ca2+ Sensitization in Smooth MuscleToshio Kitazawa; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- G PROTEIN MEDIATED CA++ SENSITIZATION IN SMOOTH MUSCLEToshio Kitazawa; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Protective Efficacy of Mg-Supplementation Against NRTI-induced Cardiac ToxicityIVAN MAK; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposed exploratory effort may reveal a potential usefulness of Mg-supplements as an effective, yet relatively inexpensive adjunct therapy to lessen NRTI-related cardiovascular toxicity. ..
- CEREBRAL MITOCHONDRIAL METABOLISM IN NEURODEGENERATIONWilliam Powers; Fiscal Year: 2004..If such studies yield consistent results, they will establish the basis for the utilization of platelet rnitochondrial function assays to monitor cerebral mitochondrial metabolism. ..