Genomes and Genes
Summary: A serotonin uptake inhibitor that is effective in the treatment of depression.
Publications287 found, 100 shown here
- Paroxetine for the prevention of depression induced by high-dose interferon alfaD L Musselman
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
N Engl J Med 344:961-6. 2001..eligible for high-dose interferon alfa therapy, we randomly assigned 20 patients to receive the antidepressant paroxetine and 20 to receive placebo...
- Neurobehavioral effects of interferon-alpha in cancer patients: phenomenology and paroxetine responsiveness of symptom dimensionsLucile Capuron
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 26:643-52. 2002..melanoma undergoing interferon-alpha (IFN-alpha) therapy can be reduced by pretreatment with the antidepressant, paroxetine. Using dimensional analyses, the present study assessed the expression and treatment responsiveness of specific ..
- Interferon-alpha-induced changes in tryptophan metabolism. relationship to depression and paroxetine treatmentLucile Capuron
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Biol Psychiatry 54:906-14. 2003..Tryptophan (TRP) degradation into kynurenine (KYN) by the enzyme, indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase, during immune activation may contribute to development of depressive symptoms during interferon (IFN)-alpha therapy...
- Detecting drug interactions from adverse-event reports: interaction between paroxetine and pravastatin increases blood glucose levelsN P Tatonetti
Biomedical Informatics Training Program, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 90:133-42. 2011The lipid-lowering agent pravastatin and the antidepressant paroxetine are among the most widely prescribed drugs in the world. Unexpected interactions between them could have important public health implications...
- Perinatal outcome following third trimester exposure to paroxetineAdriana Moldovan Costei
The Motherisk Program, Division of Clinical Pharmacology Toxicology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:1129-32. 2002b>Paroxetine hydrochloride is commonly used for maternal depression, panic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. The drug readily crosses the human placenta...
- Inhibition of G protein-activated inwardly rectifying K+ channels by the antidepressant paroxetineToru Kobayashi
Department of Molecular Neuropathology, Brain Research Institute, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 102:278-87. 2006b>Paroxetine is commonly used as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor for the treatment of depression and other psychiatric disorders. However, the molecular mechanisms of the paroxetine effects have not yet been sufficiently clarified...
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of quetiapine and paroxetine as monotherapy in adults with bipolar depression (EMBOLDEN II)Susan L McElroy
Lindner Center of HOPE Research Institute, Mason, OH 45040, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:163-74. 2010The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of quetiapine and paroxetine monotherapy for major depression in bipolar disorder.
- Changes in regional brain glucose metabolism measured with positron emission tomography after paroxetine treatment of major depressionS H Kennedy
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Clarke Site, 250 College St, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1R8, Canada
Am J Psychiatry 158:899-905. 2001..The aim of the present study was to assess the effects of successful paroxetine treatment on regional glucose metabolism in patients with major depression.
- Paroxetine and congenital malformations: meta-Analysis and consideration of potential confounding factorsBenjamin Bar-Oz
Motherisk Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Ther 29:918-26. 2007Antidepressants have been commonly used by women of childbearing age. Recent studies suggest that paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), might specifically increase teratogenic risk.
- Major depression with ischemic heart disease: effects of paroxetine and nortriptyline on long-term heart rate variability measuresVikram K Yeragani
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Biol Psychiatry 52:418-29. 2002..Recent studies have shown decreased vagal function in cardiac patients with depression and depressed patients without cardiac illness...
- A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of paroxetine controlled-release in irritable bowel syndromePrakash S Masand
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, 1001 Winstead Dr, Suite 200, Cary, NC 27513, USA
Psychosomatics 50:78-86. 2009..Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional gastrointestinal (GI) disease that causes significant impairment in quality of life and accounts for $8 billion per year to the healthcare system and loss of productivity in the workplace...
- First trimester paroxetine use and the prevalence of congenital, specifically cardiac, defects: a meta-analysis of epidemiological studiesKeele E Wurst
Worldwide Epidemiology, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88:159-70. 2010Several studies have evaluated maternal first trimester paroxetine use and the prevalence of congenital defects, particularly cardiac defects. To synthesize current epidemiologic information, a meta-analysis was conducted.
- Changes in brain protein expression are linked to magnesium restriction-induced depression-like behaviorNigel Whittle
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Center for Molecular Biosciences, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Amino Acids 40:1231-48. 2011..Aberrant expressions of DDAH1, MnSOD and GDH1 were normalized by chronic paroxetine treatment which also normalized the enhanced depression-like behavior, strengthening the link between the ..
- Fluoxetine versus sertraline and paroxetine in major depressive disorder: changes in weight with long-term treatmentM Fava
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 61:863-7. 2000..Also unknown is whether different agents have differential effects. To examine these questions, we assessed weight changes in patients randomly assigned to long-term treatment with fluoxetine, sertraline, or paroxetine.
- A double-blind placebo-controlled study of the efficacy and safety of paroxetine in the treatment of pathological gamblingSuck Won Kim
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:501-7. 2002This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study investigated the efficacy and tolerability of paroxetine in the treatment of pathological gambling.
- Effect of paroxetine on enhanced contextual fear induced by single prolonged stress in ratsTerumichi Takahashi
Department of Psychiatry and Neurosciences, Division of Frontier Medical Science, Hiroshima University, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8551, Japan
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 189:165-73. 2006..Single prolonged stress (SPS) is an animal model of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that can reproduce enhanced hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal negative feedback...
- A controlled trial of antidepressants in patients with Parkinson disease and depressionM Menza
Department of Psychiatry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, UMDNJ University Behavioral Health Care, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Neurology 72:886-92. 2009..Depression affects up to 50% of these patients and is associated with a variety of poor outcomes for patients and their families. Despite this, there are few evidence-based data to guide clinical care...
- Pharmacological interaction between 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy) and paroxetine: pharmacological effects and pharmacokineticsMagi Farre
Pharmacology Research Unit, Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica Hospital del Mar, Doctor Aiguader 88, E 08003 Barcelona, Spain
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 323:954-62. 2007..A clinical trial was designed where subjects pretreated with paroxetine, one of the most potent inhibitors of both 5-hydroxytryptamine reuptake and CYP2D6 activity, were challenged ..
- Profiling of behavioral changes and hippocampal gene expression in mice chronically treated with the SSRI paroxetineInge Sillaber
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, 80804 Munich, Germany
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 200:557-72. 2008..Monoamine-based antidepressants inhibit neurotransmitter reuptake within short time. However, it commonly takes several weeks until clinical symptoms start to resolve--indicating the involvement of effects distant from reuptake inhibition...
- Paroxetine in the first trimester and the prevalence of congenital malformationsJ Alexander Cole
i3 Drug Safety, Auburndale, MA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:1075-85. 2007To refine a preliminary analysis identifying a possibly increased prevalence of malformations among infants born to women exposed to paroxetine in the first trimester.
- Persistent neuroendocrine and behavioral effects of a novel, etiologically relevant mouse paradigm for chronic social stress during adolescenceM V Schmidt
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, RG Molecular Stress Physiology, Kraepelinstr 2 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
Psychoneuroendocrinology 32:417-29. 2007..In addition, pharmacological treatments with the antidepressant paroxetine (SSRI) or with the corticotropin-releasing hormone receptor 1 antagonist DMP696 were able to prevent aversive ..
- Regional brain metabolic changes in patients with major depression treated with either paroxetine or interpersonal therapy: preliminary findingsA L Brody
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles, CA, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 58:631-40. 2001..We also performed a preliminary comparison of regional changes with 2 distinct forms of treatment (paroxetine and interpersonal psychotherapy).
- Block of persistent late Na+ currents by antidepressant sertraline and paroxetineGing Kuo Wang
Department of Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Membr Biol 222:79-90. 2008..In this report, we examined the effects of contemporary antidepressants sertraline and paroxetine on (1) neuronal Na+ channels expressed in GH3 cells and (2) muscle rNav1...
- Comparison of the anticholinergic effects of the serotonergic antidepressants, paroxetine, fluvoxamine and clomipramineJun Fujishiro
Pharmaceutical Research Center, Meiji Seika Kaisha Ltd, 760 Morooka cho, Kohoku, Yokohama 222 8567, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 454:183-8. 2002b>Paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, shows relatively high affinity for muscarinic acetylcholine receptors compared to other selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors...
- Efficacy of paroxetine in treating major depressive disorder in persons with multiple sclerosisDawn M Ehde
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:40-8. 2008The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of paroxetine in treating major depressive disorder (MDD) in persons with multiple sclerosis (MS).
- A randomized, controlled trial of aerobic exercise in combination with paroxetine in the treatment of panic disorderDirk Wedekind
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
World J Biol Psychiatry 11:904-13. 2010..Regular aerobic exercise (running) has been shown to be superior to a pill placebo in the treatment of panic disorder. Combined drug and exercise treatment has not been investigated in randomized controlled studies to date...
- Paroxetine-induced modulation of cortical activity supporting language representations of actionPatrice Peran
INSERM U825, CHU Purpan, Toulouse 31059, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 195:487-96. 2008Previous studies have shown that paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, affects brain motor pathway activity in healthy subjects using simple motor tasks...
- Treatment of depression in patients with breast cancer: a comparison between paroxetine and amitriptylineG Pezzella
Azienda Ospedaliera Santissinia Annunziata, Unita Operativa di Oncologia Medica, Taranto, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 70:1-10. 2001..parallel-group study in which 179 women with breast cancer were randomized to treatment with either the SSRI paroxetine (20-40 mg/day), or the TCA, amitriptyline (75-150 mg/day)...
- A double-blind, multicenter, parallel-group study of paroxetine, desipramine, or placebo in breast cancer patients (stages I, II, III, and IV) with major depressionDominique L Musselman
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:288-96. 2006This study compared the efficacy and safety of paroxetine and desipramine with those of placebo in the treatment of depressive disorders in adult women with breast cancer, stages I-IV.
- Evaluation of the risk of congenital cardiovascular defects associated with use of paroxetine during pregnancyAdrienne Einarson
Motherisk Program, Hospital for Sick Children, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Toronto, 555 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Am J Psychiatry 165:749-52. 2008..several studies noted an increased risk of cardiovascular birth defects associated with maternal use of paroxetine compared with other antidepressants in the same class...
- Effects of intrathecal administration of newer antidepressants on mechanical allodynia in rat models of neuropathic painTetsuya Ikeda
Division of Neurobiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Neurosci Res 63:42-6. 2009..more fully clarified were selected, milnacipran, a serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) and paroxetine and fluvoxamine, which are selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)...
- Sulpiride and paroxetine in the treatment of chronic tension-type headache. An explanatory double-blind trialM Langemark
Department of Neurology, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Hellerup, Denmark
Headache 34:20-4. 1994..A serotonin re-uptake inhibitor, paroxetine (20-30 mg daily), and a dopamine antagonist, sulpiride (200-400 mg daily) were compared in a randomized, double-..
- Neural correlates of antidepressant-related sexual dysfunction: a placebo-controlled fMRI study on healthy males under subchronic paroxetine and bupropionBirgit Abler
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:1837-47. 2011Sexual dysfunction is a common side effect of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) like paroxetine in the treatment of depression, imposing a considerable risk on medication adherence and hence therapeutic success...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of paroxetine versus imipramine in depressed HIV-positive outpatientsA J Elliott
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle 98104, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:367-72. 1998This study examined whether a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (paroxetine) had comparable efficacy but greater tolerability than a tricyclic antidepressant (imipramine) in depressed patients with HIV infection.
- A pilot study of the efficacy and safety of paroxetine augmented with risperidone, valproate, buspirone, trazodone, or thyroid hormone in adult Chinese patients with treatment-resistant major depressionYiru Fang
Division of Mood Disorders, Shanghai Mental Health Center, Department of Psychiatry, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
J Clin Psychopharmacol 31:638-42. 2011To compare the efficacy and safety of augmenting paroxetine with risperidone, buspirone, valproate, trazodone, or thyroid hormone in patients with treatment-resistant depression (TRD), 225 patients with retrospectively and/or ..
- Comparison of paroxetine and amitriptyline as adjunct to lithium maintenance therapy in bipolar depression: a reanalysis of a randomized, double-blind studyMaximilian Pilhatsch
Dept of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat, Dresden, Germany
J Affect Disord 126:453-7. 2010To compare the efficacy and safety of adjunctive treatment with paroxetine or amitriptyline in patients with bipolar disorder who relapsed into a depressive episode during lithium maintenance therapy.
- Effect of paroxetine hydrochloride (Paxil) on fatigue and depression in breast cancer patients receiving chemotherapyJoseph A Roscoe
University of Rochester Cancer Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 704, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 89:243-9. 2005..It commonly co-exists with depression in patients undergoing chemotherapy, suggesting that administration of an antidepressant that alleviates symptoms of depression could also reduce fatigue...
- Controlled-release paroxetine in the treatment of patients with social anxiety disorderUlla Lepola
Department of Psychiatry, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Psychiatry 65:222-9. 2004This double-blind, placebo-controlled, flexible-dose study was conducted to investigate the efficacy and tolerability of the controlled-release (CR) formulation of paroxetine in adults with social anxiety disorder.
- Interaction study of the combined use of paroxetine and fosamprenavir-ritonavir in healthy subjectsManon J van der Lee
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Radboud University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Geert Grooteplein 10, 6525 GA Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:4098-104. 2007..Theoretically, ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitors may inhibit CYP2D6-mediated metabolism of paroxetine. We wanted to determine the effect of fosamprenavir-ritonavir on paroxetine pharmacokinetics and vice versa and ..
- The impact of treatment of depression on quality of life, disability and relapse in patients with Parkinson's diseaseMatthew Menza
Department of Psychiatry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Mov Disord 24:1325-32. 2009..This was an NIH-funded, randomized, controlled trial of paroxetine, nortriptyline, and placebo. It included an 8 week acute phase and a 16 week blind extension phase...
- Modulation of the suppressive effect of corticosterone on adult rat hippocampal cell proliferation by paroxetineGuang Qiu
Department of Anatomy, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, HKSAR, China
Neurosci Bull 23:131-6. 2007..b>Paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake transporter, is a commonly used antidepressant for alleviation of signs and ..
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of antidepressants in Parkinson diseaseI H Richard
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Neurology 78:1229-36. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) and a serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) in the treatment of depression in Parkinson disease (PD)...
- Adverse effect of paroxetine on spermCigdem Tanrikut
James Buchanan Brady Foundation, Department of Urology, Cornell Reproductive Medicine Institute, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Fertil Steril 94:1021-6. 2010..To assess the effects of a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor on semen parameters...
- Evaluation of the role of P-glycoprotein in the uptake of paroxetine, clozapine, phenytoin and carbamazapine by bovine retinal endothelial cellsLynn W Maines
Department of Pharmacology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Neuropharmacology 49:610-7. 2005..In contrast, neither verapamil nor PGP-4008 affected the intracellular accumulation of [3H]paroxetine, [14C]phenytoin, [3H]clozapine or [14C]carbamazapine, indicating that these drugs are not substrates for Pgp...
- Paroxetine treatment improves motor symptoms in patients with multiple system atrophyElisabeth Friess
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstr 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 12:432-7. 2006..of the putative role of serotonergic neurotransmission in basal ganglia circuitry we investigated the effects of paroxetine (PXT) as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) on the motor performance in n=19 patients clinically ..
- Paroxetine prevents loss of nigrostriatal dopaminergic neurons by inhibiting brain inflammation and oxidative stress in an experimental model of Parkinson's diseaseYoung C Chung
Neuroscience Graduate Program, School of Medicine, Ajou University, Suwon, South Korea
J Immunol 185:1230-7. 2010The present study examined whether the antidepressant paroxetine promotes the survival of nigrostriatal dopaminergic (DA) neurons in the 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP) mouse model of Parkinson's disease...
- Contribution of cytochrome P450 2D6 to 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine disposition in humans: use of paroxetine as a metabolic inhibitor probeMireia Segura
Pharmacology Research Unit, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Pharmacokinet 44:649-60. 2005..This study was aimed at assessing the contribution of CYP2D6 to MDMA disposition in vivo using paroxetine as a metabolic probe inhibitor...
- Paroxetine for prevention of depressive symptoms induced by interferon-alpha and ribavirin for hepatitis CC L Raison
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 25:1163-74. 2007..Whether antidepressants prevent depression during interferon-alpha/ribavirin treatment for hepatitis C virus infection has yet to be established...
- Differential antidepressant symptom efficacy: placebo-controlled comparisons of duloxetine and SSRIs (fluoxetine, paroxetine, escitalopram)Craig H Mallinckrodt
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Ind 46285, USA
Neuropsychobiology 56:73-85. 2007....
- A double blind comparison of venlafaxine and paroxetine in obsessive-compulsive disorderDamiaan Denys
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Center B 01 206, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:568-75. 2003..The current study compares the efficacy and tolerability of venlafaxine with paroxetine. One hundred and fifty patients with primary OCD according to DSM-IV criteria were randomly assigned in a 12-..
- A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of paroxetine in nursing home residents with non-major depressionAdam B Burrows
Geriatrics Section, Boston University School of Medicine, 74 Fenwood Road, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Depress Anxiety 15:102-10. 2002..We conducted a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled 8-week trial comparing paroxetine and placebo in very old nursing home residents with non-major depression...
- Paroxetine treatment of pathological gambling: a multi-centre randomized controlled trialJon E Grant
Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55454 1495, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 18:243-9. 2003..The aim of the present study was to determine whether treatment with paroxetine in a large sample of subjects with pathological gambling would effectively diminish the severity of gambling ..
- Efficacy and safety of paroxetine treatment for chronic PTSD: a fixed-dose, placebo-controlled studyR D Marshall
Anxiety Disorders Clinic, Unit 69, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 158:1982-8. 2001This study evaluated the efficacy and safety of paroxetine for the treatment of patients with chronic posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- The use of paroxetine and cognitive-behavioral therapy in postpartum depression and anxiety: a randomized controlled trialShaila Misri
Department of, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia and Reproductive Mental Health Programs, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1236-41. 2004....
- Better sexual acceptability of agomelatine (25 and 50 mg) compared with paroxetine (20 mg) in healthy male volunteers. An 8-week, placebo-controlled study using the PRSEXDQ-SALSEX scaleA L Montejo
Servicio de Psiquiatria, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
J Psychopharmacol 24:111-20. 2010..Sexual acceptability of agomelatine (a melatonergic agonist and 5HT(2C) antagonist) paroxetine and placebo by using the Psychotropic-Related Sexual Dysfunction Salamanca Sex Questionnaire (PRSEXDQ-SALSEX) ..
- Paroxetine-induced hyponatremia in older adults: a 12-week prospective studyTanya J Fabian
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:327-32. 2004..are at high risk for development of hyponatremia after initiation of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor paroxetine, despite clinical monitoring and preventive management...
- Differential enhancement of antidepressant penetration into the brain in mice with abcb1ab (mdr1ab) P-glycoprotein gene disruptionManfred Uhr
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 10, D 80804 Munich, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 54:840-6. 2003..used to examine the effect of the absence of the drug-transporting P-glycoprotein (P-gp) at the blood-brain barrier on the uptake of the antidepressants venlafaxine, paroxetine, mirtazapine, and doxepin and its metabolites into the brain.
- RNA therapeutics directed to the non coding regions of APP mRNA, in vivo anti-amyloid efficacy of paroxetine, erythromycin, and N-acetyl cysteineStephanie Tucker
Neurochemistry Laboratory, Division of Psychiatric Neurosciences and Genetics and Aging Research Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 3:221-7. 2006Lead compounds directed to the 5' leader of the Amyloid Precursor Protein transcript (i.e., paroxetine (SSRI), N-acetyl cysteine (antioxidant), and erythromycin (macrolide antibiotic)) were employed in a pilot study to evaluate their anti-..
- Evaluation of Krebs cycle enzymes in the brain of rats after chronic administration of antidepressantsGiselli Scaini
Laboratório de Fisiopatologia Experimental, Programa de Pos Graduacao em Ciencias da Saude, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, Criciuma, SC, Brazil
Brain Res Bull 82:224-7. 2010..citrate synthase and succinate dehydrogenase activities from rat brain after chronic administration of paroxetine, nortriptiline and venlafaxine...
- Differential effects of paroxetine on fatigue and depression: a randomized, double-blind trial from the University of Rochester Cancer Center Community Clinical Oncology ProgramGary R Morrow
James P Wilmot Cancer Center and Department of Biostatistics, University of Rochester Medical Center, NY 14642, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:4635-41. 2003..This randomized clinical trial tested whether paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressant known to modulate brain serotonin, would reduce fatigue ..
- Prenatal maternal paroxetine treatment and neonatal mortality in the rat: a preliminary studyDaniel L A van den Hove
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Research Institute Brain and Behavior, European Graduate School of Neuroscience, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Neonatology 93:52-5. 2008..Our aim was to examine the efficacy of using the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, paroxetine, to alleviate the symptoms of prenatal maternal stress in Fisher 344 rats...
- Cognitive behavior therapy and paroxetine in the treatment of hypochondriasis: a randomized controlled trialAnja Greeven
Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Am J Psychiatry 164:91-9. 2007..study, to the authors' knowledge, is the first randomized controlled trial comparing the efficacy of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), paroxetine, and a placebo (administered in a double blind fashion) in the treatment of hypochondriasis.
- Venlafaxine extended release vs placebo and paroxetine in social anxiety disorderMichael R Liebowitz
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:190-8. 2005..Evidence indicates that venlafaxine hydrochloride extended release (ER) effectively ameliorates anxiety symptoms...
- In vitro-in vivo extrapolation of CYP2D6 inactivation by paroxetine: prediction of nonstationary pharmacokinetics and drug interaction magnitudeKarthik Venkatakrishnan
Department of Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 33:845-52. 2005Attempts at predicting drug-drug interactions perpetrated by paroxetine from in vitro data have utilized reversible enzyme inhibition models and have been unsuccessful to date, grossly underpredicting interaction magnitude...
- Antidepressants inhibit P2X4 receptor function: a possible involvement in neuropathic pain reliefKenichiro Nagata
Department of Molecular and System Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Mol Pain 5:20. 2009..We investigated a possible role of antidepressants as inhibitors of P2X4 receptors and analysed their analgesic mechanism using an animal model of neuropathic pain...
- A double-blind, randomized, parallel-group, flexible-dose study to evaluate the tolerability, efficacy and effects of treatment discontinuation with escitalopram and paroxetine in patients with major depressive disorderDavid S Baldwin
Clinical Neuroscience Division, University of Southampton, Royal South Hants Hospital, Southampton, UK
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 21:159-69. 2006..study evaluated the short- and long-term antidepressant tolerability and efficacy of escitalopram and paroxetine. Tolerability was assessed by monitoring adverse events throughout the study, and discontinuation events during ..
- Proteomic analysis of rat hippocampus exposed to the antidepressant paroxetineP C McHugh
Department of Pathology, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
J Psychopharmacol 24:1243-51. 2010..Rats were administered either 5 mg/kg daily of the antidepressant paroxetine or vehicle for 12 days, then hippocampal protein was recovered and resolved by 2-D gel electrophoresis...
- Clinical and neurobiological effects of tianeptine and paroxetine in major depressionThomas Nickel
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:155-68. 2003..between these two opposite pharmacological modes of action, we compared the changes induced by tianeptine and paroxetine on psychopathology, the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical (HPA) system, and cognitive functions in a double-..
- The effects of paroxetine on the pharmacokinetics of paliperidone extended-release tabletsJ Berwaerts
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Titusville, NJ 08560, USA
Pharmacopsychiatry 42:158-63. 2009..As such, selecting antipsychotic medications with a low potential for drug-drug interactions (DDIs) is crucial, as many are extensively metabolized by hepatic cytochrome P450 (CYP) isozymes...
- The effect of paroxetine on 5-HT(2A) receptors in depression: an [(18)F]setoperone PET imaging studyJ H Meyer
Clarke Division, Centre for Addictions and Mental Health, Department ofPsychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Psychiatry 158:78-85. 2001..The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of 6 weeks of paroxetine treatment on 5-HT(2A) receptors in depressed patients.
- Acute and long-term treatment and prevention of relapse of obsessive-compulsive disorder with paroxetineEric Hollander
Department of Psychiatry, Box 1230, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:1113-21. 2003..This study evaluated the acute safety and efficacy and long-term efficacy, safety, and impact on relapse prevention of paroxetine in obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- A randomized trial of paroxetine to prevent interferon-alpha-induced depression in patients with hepatitis CBenjamin J Morasco
Behavioral Health and Clinical Neurosciences Division, Portland VA Medical Center, Oregon, United States
J Affect Disord 103:83-90. 2007..This study examined the efficacy of paroxetine in preventing the development of depression during antiviral therapy.
- Transient ischemic attack reported with paroxetine useGail H Manos
Department of Psychiatry, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Portsmouth, VA 23708 2197, USA
Ann Pharmacother 38:617-20. 2004To report the occurrence of a transient ischemic attack (TIA) temporally related to the initiation of paroxetine.
- Paroxetine inhibits acute effects of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine on the immune system in humansRoberta Pacifici
Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 309:285-92. 2004The effect of pretreatment with paroxetine on cell-mediated immune response and release of cytokines after the administration of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA, "ecstasy") was investigated in a double-blind, randomized, ..
- [Clinical observation on treatment of major depressive disorder by paroxetine combined with chaihu xiaoyao mixture]Zheng Hui Yi
Shanghai Mental Health Center, Medical School of Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 201108
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 30:1257-60. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of Chaihu Xiaoyao Mixture (CXM) for the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD)...
- Long-term outcome of bipolar depressed patients receiving lamotrigine as add-on to lithium with the possibility of the addition of paroxetine in nonresponders: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial with a novel designMarc L M van der Loos
Department of Psychiatry, Isala Klinieken Location Sophia, Zwolle, The Netherlands
Bipolar Disord 13:111-7. 2011..we described the efficacy of lamotrigine versus placebo as add-on to lithium (followed by the addition of paroxetine in nonresponders) in the short-term treatment of bipolar depression...
- Comparison of the treatment with paroxetine and reboxetine in panic disorder: a randomized, single-blind studyA Bertani
Anxiety Disorder Clinical and Research Unit, Department of Neuropsychiatric Sciences, Vita Salute University, Istituto Scientifico Ospedale San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Pharmacopsychiatry 37:206-10. 2004..However preliminary studies suggested that reboxetine might be effective in the treatment of PD. We compared the effectiveness and tolerability of reboxetine and paroxetine in the treatment of PD.
- The MAOA T941G polymorphism and short-term treatment response to mirtazapine and paroxetine in major depressionAndre Tadic
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 144:325-31. 2007..association of the MAOA T941G gene variant with differential antidepressant response to mirtazapine and/or paroxetine in 102 patients with major depression (DSM-IV criteria) participating in a randomized double-blind controlled ..
- Impact of comorbidity on treatment response to paroxetine in pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder: is the use of exclusion criteria empirically supported in randomized clinical trials?Daniel A Geller
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Program, Pediatric Psychopharmacology Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 13:S19-29. 2003To examine the influence of psychiatric comorbidity on response and relapse rates in children and adolescents treated with paroxetine for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Using sleep to evaluate comparative serotonergic effects of paroxetine and citalopramS J Wilson
Psychopharmacology Unit, University of Bristol, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:367-72. 2004..Although in the UK, paroxetine (PAR) and citalopram (CIT) have recommended doses of 20 mg/day for the treatment of depression, the recommended ..
- Escitalopram versus paroxetine for social anxiety disorder: an analysis of efficacy for different symptom dimensionsDan J Stein
University of Cape Town, South Africa and University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 16:33-8. 2006..This paper examines data from a fixed-dose trial of escitalopram versus paroxetine, in order to determine the differential effects of these agents on symptom dimensions in social anxiety disorder ..
- Toxic hepatitis associated with paroxetineO Colakoglu
Gastroenterology Clinics, Ataturk Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Int J Clin Pract 59:861-2. 2005Hepatotoxicity is a rare complication of paroxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor...
- Controlled clinical comparison of paroxetine and fluvoxamine considering the serotonin transporter promoter polymorphismMasaki Kato
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 20:151-6. 2005..Clinical responses to paroxetine and fluvoxamine were evaluated by total and cluster depressive symptoms for 81 Japanese patients who were ..
- Triiodothyronine addition to paroxetine in the treatment of major depressive disorderBente C Appelhof
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:6271-6. 2004..This is the first study to investigate the efficacy of T3 addition to paroxetine in major depression...
- Recurrent paroxetine-induced hyponatremiaAsif R Malik
Can J Psychiatry 49:785. 2004
- Incidence of sexual side effects in refractory depression during treatment with citalopram or paroxetineMikael Landen
Section of Psychiatry St Göran, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, SE 112 81, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Psychiatry 66:100-6. 2005....
- Structural differences between paroxetine and femoxetine responsible for differential inhibition of Staphylococcus aureus efflux pumpsPeng Wei
Division of Medicinal and Natural Products Chemistry, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:3093-7. 2004In this study the chemical modification of paroxetine was employed to determine which structural differences between the paroxetine-like and femoxetine-like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors is responsible for the differential ..
- An open trial of paroxetine for the "offensive subtype" of taijin kyofusho and social anxiety disorderToshihiko Nagata
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Depress Anxiety 23:168-74. 2006..This study investigated the efficacy of the SSRI paroxetine in patients with the TKS offensive subtype, both on anxiety and fears, as well as insight...
- State markers of depression in sleep EEG: dependency on drug and gender in patients treated with tianeptine or paroxetineH Murck
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Neuropsychopharmacology 28:348-58. 2003Tianeptine enhances while paroxetine inhibits serotonin reuptake into neurons; however, both show an antidepressive action...
- Proteomic analysis of embryonic stem cell-derived neural cells exposed to the antidepressant paroxetinePatrick C McHugh
Department of Pathology, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
J Neurosci Res 86:306-16. 2008..and glial cells by controlled differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells, followed by exposure to 1 microM paroxetine for 14 days...
- A randomized trial comparing paroxetine and venlafaxine in the treatment of bipolar depressed patients taking mood stabilizersEduard Vieta
Bipolar Disorders Program, Barcelona Stanley Foundation Research Center, IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Psychiatry 63:508-12. 2002..This study was aimed to assess and compare the efficacy and safety of 2 different antidepressant drugs, paroxetine and venlafaxine, in this indication.
- Brain kinetics of paroxetine and fluoxetine on the third day of placebo substitution: a fluorine MRS studyM E Henry
McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Am J Psychiatry 157:1506-8. 2000..This study tested whether a relationship exists between concentration and response following discontinuation of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors...
- MDR1 gene polymorphism: therapeutic response to paroxetine among patients with major depressionAlma Mihaljevic Peles
Department of Psychiatry, Zagreb University Hospital and University School of Medicine, Kispaticeva 12, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:1439-44. 2008..the potential influence of MDR1 polymorphisms, exon 26 C3435T and exon 21 G2677T/A, on treatment response to paroxetine (20 mg/day) in patients with major depression...
- ABCB1 (MDR1) gene polymorphisms are associated with the clinical response to paroxetine in patients with major depressive disorderMasaki Kato
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:398-404. 2008..3 functional ABCB1 polymorphisms (C3435T: rs1045642, G2677T/A: rs2032582 and C1236T: rs1128503) with response to paroxetine in a Japanese major depression sample followed for 6 weeks...
- Serotonin transporter gene regulatory region polymorphism (5-HTTLPR), [3H]paroxetine binding in healthy control subjects and alcohol-dependent patients and their relationships to impulsivityU W Preuss
Department of Psychiatry, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Nussbaumstr 7, 80336, Munchen, Germany
Psychiatry Res 96:51-61. 2000The aim of this study was to investigate [3H]paroxetine binding and impulsivity in alcohol-dependent and age-matched control subjects in relation to a 5'-promoter region serotonin transporter (5-HTT) polymorphism (5-HTTLPR)...
- The relationship between pain and depression in a trial using paroxetine in sufferers of chronic low back painC Dickens
Department of Psychiatry, Manchester University, UK
Psychosomatics 41:490-9. 2000..Using a placebo-controlled trial, the authors examined the analgesic and antidepressant efficacy of paroxetine (20 mg) in chronic low back pain sufferers...
- Increased 5-hydroxytryptamine-2 receptor binding in the frontal cortex of depressed patients responding to paroxetine treatment: a positron emission tomography scan studyR Zanardi
Istituto Scientifico Ospedale San Raffaele, Department of Neuropsychiatric Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Milan, Italy
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:53-8. 2001..binding of [18F]fluoro-ethyl-spiperone after a 4-week treatment with the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor paroxetine. [18F]fluoro-ethyl-spiperone labels 5-HT2A receptors in the cortex and dopamine D2 receptors in the basal ..
- Neonatal paroxetine withdrawal syndromeJ A Stiskal
Division of Neonatology, Morristown Memorial Hospital, Morristown, New Jersey, USA
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 84:F134-5. 2001Four term neonates presented with symptoms such as jitteriness and necrotising enterocolitis after paroxetine exposure in utero.
- ParoxetineSiu Wa Tang
University of California, Psychiatry North Campus Zot 1681, Irvine, California 92697 1681, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:787-94. 2008b>Paroxetine is a widely used antidepressant that has received attention regarding suicide risk in younger patients.
- Paroxetine in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder: results of a placebo-controlled, flexible-dosage trialM H Pollack
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 62:350-7. 2001The objective of this randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study was to investigate the efficacy and safety of paroxetine in outpatients with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).
- Tryptophan hydroxylase gene associated with paroxetine antidepressant activityA Serretti
Department of Psychiatry, Vita Salute University, San Raffaele Institute, Via Stamira D Ancona 20 20127 Milan, Italy
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 11:375-80. 2001..possible association of the A218C tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) gene variant with the antidepressant activity of paroxetine was investigated in a sample of 121 inpatients affected by a major depressive episode and treated with ..
- 5-HT1A RECEPTOR/G PROTEIN COUPLING AND ADAPTATIONEmanuel Meller; Fiscal Year: 2003..in forebrain regions will be assessed to test the hypothesis that repeated treatment (21 days) with ipsapirone, paroxetine or clorgyline (but not imipramine) will desensitize somatodendritic 5-HT1A autoreceptors and reduce agonist-..
- R21 Project: St. John's Wort vs. Placebo in OCDKenneth Kobak; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., drop-out rates in the multi-center trials of fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, sertraline, and paroxetine were 23%, 24%, 27%, and 20% respectively. There has been considerable worldwide interest in St...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF NEMATODE EGG LAYINGHOWARD R HORVITZ; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Paradoxical Antidepressant Action in Locus Coeruleus during DevelopmentJAY WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2009..to juveniles (children and adolescents), (2) use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), especially paroxetine, and (3) effects during the early course of AD treatment...
- Paradoxical Antidepressant Action in Locus Coeruleus during DevelopmentJAY WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2007..to juveniles (children and adolescents), (2) use of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), especially paroxetine, and (3) effects during the early course of AD treatment...
- Ginkgo Biloba: Antidepressant-Induced Sexual DysfunctionCindy Meston; Fiscal Year: 2003..female sexual arousal disorder, and/or inhibited female orgasm secondary to either to fluoxetine, sertraline, or paroxetine use...
- Maintenance Therapies in Late-Life Depression-IIIBruce Pollock; Fiscal Year: 2007..of memory and of executive functions despite continued recovery from depression on SSRI pharmacotherapy with paroxetine. Therefore, in MTLD-III, we will test a pharmacologic strategy involving the cholinesterase inhibitor (ChEI) ..
- Maintenance Therapies in Late-Life Depression-IIICharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2004..of memory and of executive functions despite continued recovery from depression on SSRI pharmacotherapy with paroxetine. Therefore, in MTLD-III, we will test a pharmacologic strategy involving the cholinesterase inhibitor (ChEI) ..
- GERIATRIC DEPRESSION--NEUROBIOLOGY OF TREATMENTCharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2003..We hypothesize that therapeutic sleep deprivation (TSD) will accelerate response to paroxetine (PX), as compared with TSD (+ placebo) or with PX alone...
- TREATMENT OF PANIC DISORDER LONG TERM STRATEGIESM Shear; Fiscal Year: 2003..Non-responders will be randomized to a study comparing paroxetine with continued CBT...
- TREATMENT OF PANIC DISORDER--LONG TERM STRATEGIESDavid Barlow; Fiscal Year: 2003..Non-responders will be randomized to a study comparing paroxetine with continued CBT...
- SEROTONIN RECEPTOR LIGANDS FOR SPECT IMAGINGHANK KUNG; Fiscal Year: 2004..prescribed antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as fluoxetine, sertraline and paroxetine, modulate 5-HT neurotransmission by blocking the serotonin transporters (SERT)...
- St. John's Wort vs Placebo in Social PhobiaKenneth Kobak; Fiscal Year: 2002..However, side effects with these compounds suggests the need for better tolerated compounds, e.g., in the paroxetine multi-center trial (the only drug with an FDA approved indication), 27 percent reported somnolence, 26 percent ..
- MLSN Screen of the PD Alpha Synuclein 5'UTRJack Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2007..the 5'UTRs of neurodegenerative disease transcripts, our APP 5'UTR screens generated drug selectivity since paroxetine was an APP 5'UTR directed FDA inhibitor that did not change APLP-1 and APLP-2 expression in SH-SY5Y cells (..
- RATIONAL PHARMACOTHERAPY OF PRIMARY INSOMNIADaniel Buysse; Fiscal Year: 2004..activities will focus on design and implementation of a treatment trial comparing a Bz (zolpidem) and an AD (paroxetine) versus placebo for the acute and maintenance treatment of PI...
- DRUG ABUSE, SLEEP AND COGNITIONJ Hobson; Fiscal Year: 2002..drug classes, the psychostimulants (here cocaine) and the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs (here paroxetine), both of which are known to potentiate the monoaminergic neuronal systems of the brain...
- NEUROBIOLOGICAL STUDIES OF ECT IN DEPRESSIONJOSEPH MANN; Fiscal Year: 2001..ECT and paroxetine had different effects on relative regional brain glucose uptake following placebo or fenfluramine...
- AFFECT, DEPRESSION AND BRAIN ASYMMETRYRichard Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2001..First during an acute episode when all patients are off medication. Second, patients will then be treated with paroxetine and will be retested after meeting criteria for recovery...
- Prazosin for Noncombat Trauma PTSDMurray Raskind; Fiscal Year: 2007..and sleep disturbance that persist despite a trial of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) paroxetine. Although several SSRIs are FDA-approved for PTSD, SSRIs (and other drugs) often are not helpful for these very ..
- PSYCHOSTIMULANT RECOGNITION BY SEROTONIN TRANSPORTERSEric L Barker; Fiscal Year: 2010..most antidepressant drugs as well as many drugs of abuse. Antidepressants such as paroxetine, fluoxetine, and imipramine bind to the transporter and inhibit serotonin uptake, thereby prolonging the ..
- PSYCHOSTIMULANT RECOGNITION BY SEROTONIN TRANSPORTERSERIC BARKER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Antidepressants such as paroxetine, fluoxetine, and imipramine bind to the transporter and inhibit serotonin uptake, thereby prolonging the ..