Genomes and Genes
Summary: A non-imidazole blocker of those histamine receptors that mediate gastric secretion (H2 receptors). It is used to treat gastrointestinal ulcers.
Publications209 found, 100 shown here
- Anaphylactic reaction to ranitidine and dexchlorpheniramineC Thurot-Guillou
Eur J Dermatol 17:170-1. 2007
- A systematic comparison of triple therapies for treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection with proton pump inhibitor/ ranitidine bismuth citrate plus clarithromycin and either amoxicillin or a nitroimidazoleM J Janssen
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Centre St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:613-24. 2001Triple therapies with proton pump inhibitor/ranitidine bismuth citrate (RBC), clarithromycin (C) and either amoxicillin (A) or a nitroimidazole (I) are widely accepted as treatment for Helicobacter pylori infection...
- Drug-drug interaction between diclofenac, cetirizine and ranitidineIhsan M Kenawi
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 37:655-61. 2005The interactions between diclofenac (1), cetirizine (2) and ranitidine (3) were investigated by thermal analyses and UV, IR and (1)H NMR spectroscopic studies...
- Randomized study comparing omeprazole with ranitidine as anti-secretory agents combined in quadruple second-line Helicobacter pylori eradication regimensS Michopoulos
Gastroenterology Unit, Alexandra University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 14:737-44. 2000..Few data are available on the efficacy of second-line H. pylori eradication regimens...
- Retreatment of Helicobacter pylori infection after initial treatment failureD J Kearney
Gastroenterology Section, University of Washington, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 96:1335-9. 2001..pylori infection remains limited. The existing data support the use of bismuth-based quadruple therapy or ranitidine bismuth citrate (RBC)-based triple therapy as the preferred agents after initial treatment failure...
- A randomized trial comparing omeprazole, ranitidine, cisapride, or placebo in helicobacter pylori negative, primary care patients with dyspepsia: the CADET-HN StudySander J O Veldhuyzen van Zanten
Division of Gastroenterology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 100:1477-88. 2005..The management of Helicobacter pylori negative patients with dyspepsia in primary care has not been studied in placebo-controlled studies...
- Ranitidine reduces ischemia/reperfusion-induced liver injury in rats by inhibiting neutrophil activationKenji Okajima
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Honjo 1 1 1, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 301:1157-65. 2002We previously reported that ranitidine, an H(2) receptor antagonist, inhibited neutrophil activation in vitro and in vivo, contributing to reduce stress-induced gastric mucosal injury in rats...
- Histamine H2-receptor antagonist ranitidine protects against neural death induced by oxygen-glucose deprivationCristina Malagelada
Institut de Neurociènces and Unitat de Bioquímica de Medicina, Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 35:2396-401. 2004..In this study, we investigated the neuroprotective effects of histamine H2-receptor antagonists in an "in vitro" model of ischemia...
- Gene expression analysis points to hemostasis in livers of rats cotreated with lipopolysaccharide and ranitidineJames P Luyendyk
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, Center for Integrative Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Toxicol Sci 80:203-13. 2004..inflammation can precipitate idiosyncratic-like liver injury from the histamine 2-receptor antagonist, ranitidine (RAN)...
- Biowaiver monographs for immediate release solid oral dosage forms: ranitidine hydrochlorideH Kortejärvi
Orion Pharma, Research and Development, Espoo, Finland
J Pharm Sci 94:1617-25. 2005..of in vivo bioequivalence testing for the approval of immediate release (IR) solid oral dosage forms containing ranitidine hydrochloride are reviewed...
- Differential substrate and inhibitory activities of ranitidine and famotidine toward human organic cation transporter 1 (hOCT1; SLC22A1), hOCT2 (SLC22A2), and hOCT3 (SLC22A3)David L Bourdet
Division of Drug Delivery and Disposition, School of Pharmacy, Kerr Hall, CB 7360, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 315:1288-97. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the substrate and inhibitory activity of the H2-receptor antagonists ranitidine and famotidine toward hOCTs and to determine the hOCT isoforms involved in the absorption and elimination of ..
- Six-month management of patients following treatment for gastroesophageal reflux disease symptoms -- a Norwegian randomized, prospective study comparing the costs and effectiveness of esomeprazole and ranitidine treatment strategies in a general medical pA N Hansen
Harbitzallèen Legesenter, Oslo, Norway
Int J Clin Pract 59:655-64. 2005..with esomeprazole 20 mg, continuous treatment with esomeprazole 20 mg once-daily and continuous treatment with ranitidine 150 mg twice-daily to prevent symptomatic relapse in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease over 26 weeks...
- Effects of ranitidine, famotidine, pantoprazole, and omeprazole on intragastric pH in dogsAlexa M E Bersenas
Department of Clinical Studies, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
Am J Vet Res 66:425-31. 2005..To identify the normal gastric acid secretion profile in dogs and determine the degree of gastric acid suppression associated with 4 gastric acid suppressants...
- Seven-day 'rescue' therapy after Helicobacter pylori treatment failure: omeprazole, bismuth, tetracycline and metronidazole vs. ranitidine bismuth citrate, tetracycline and metronidazoleJ P Gisbert
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital of La Princesa, Madrid, Spain
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 13:1311-6. 1999..A 'rescue' therapy with a quadruple combination of O, bismuth (B), tetracycline (T) and metronidazole (M) has been recommended...
- Secretory transport of ranitidine and famotidine across Caco-2 cell monolayersKiho Lee
Division of Drug Delivery and Disposition, School of Pharmacy, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 303:574-80. 2002The secretory transport of the H(2)-antagonists, ranitidine and famotidine, across Caco-2 cell monolayers was found to be a saturable process...
- Ranitidine (Zantac) syrup versus Ranitidine effervescent tablets (Zantac) EFFERdose) in children: a single-center taste preference studyVanessa Z Ameen
Clinical Pharmacology and Discovery Medicine, Research and Development, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Paediatr Drugs 8:265-70. 2006The histamine H(2) receptor antagonist ranitidine is US FDA-approved for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease and healing of erosive esophagitis in children >or=1 month of age...
- Attenuation of stress-induced gastric lesions by lansoprazole, PD-136450 and ranitidine in ratsS I Chandranath
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Mol Cell Biochem 349:205-12. 2011..activities of lansoprazole (a proton pump inhibitor), PD-136450 (CCK(2)/gastrin receptor antagonist) and ranitidine (histamine H(2) receptor antagonist) on CRS-induced gastric ulcers in rats...
- A modified two-portion absorption model to describe double-peak absorption profiles of ranitidineOphelia Q P Yin
School of Pharmacy, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Clin Pharmacokinet 42:179-92. 2003..The pharmacokinetics of oral drugs exhibiting double peaks cannot be adequately described by using conventional compartmental models...
- Effects of a single low dose of ranitidine and effervescent antacids on intragastric acidity in healthy volunteersRafael Améndola
Investigación Gastroenterológica Asociación Civil, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam 37:231-7. 2007We hypothesized that a combination of an effervescent antacid and ranitidine could allow immediate and long-lasting increase intragastric acidity...
- Clinical trial: intravenous pantoprazole vs. ranitidine for the prevention of peptic ulcer rebleeding: a multicentre, multinational, randomized trialC van Rensburg
Tygerberg Academic Hospital, University of Stellenbosch, Cape Town, South Africa
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 29:497-507. 2009..Controlled pantoprazole data in peptic ulcer bleeding are few...
- Protective effect of histamine H2 receptor antagonist ranitidine against rotenone-induced apoptosisHae Jeong Park
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Neurotoxicology 30:1114-9. 2009..In this study, we investigated the protective effects of the H(2) receptor antagonist ranitidine on rotenone-induced apoptosis in human dopaminergic SH-SY5Y cells, focusing on mitogen-activated protein kinases ..
- Statistical optimization of ranitidine HCl floating pulsatile delivery system for chronotherapy of nocturnal acid breakthroughPallab Roy
Department of Pharmaceutics, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Ahmedabad, C o B V Patel Pharmaceutical Education and Research Development PERD Centre, Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway, Thaltej, Gujarat, India
Eur J Pharm Sci 37:363-9. 2009..This approach will be achieved by using a programmed delivery of ranitidine hydrochloride from a floating tablet with time-lagged coating...
- Effects of the selective H1 and H2 histamine receptor antagonists loratadine and ranitidine on autonomic control of the heartMichael A Nault
Department of Anesthesiology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Anesthesiology 96:336-41. 2002..This study was designed to investigate the effects of the selective H1 and H2 receptor antagonists loratadine and ranitidine on physiologic autonomic control of the healthy cardiovascular system.
- The effect of ranitidine versus proton pump inhibitors on gastric secretions: a meta-analysis of randomised control trialsK Clark
Cunningham Centre for Palliative Care, The University of Notre Dame, Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia
Anaesthesia 64:652-7. 2009..Electronic databases were searched for trials that compared ranitidine vs proton pump inhibitors in their effect on volume and pH of gastric fluid aspirates...
- Dose reduction of steroid premedication for paclitaxel: no increase of hypersensitivity reactionsH Koppler
Praxis für Hämatologie und Onkologie, Neverstrasse 5, D 56058 Koblenz, Germany
Onkologie 24:283-5. 2001Premedication with dexamethasone, ranitidine and clemastine is mandatory for patients receiving paclitaxel to avoid hypersensitivity reactions. The proposed dexamethasone dose is 20 mg orally 12 and 6 h prior to paclitaxel infusion...
- [Randomized, open label study on the use of ranitidine at different doses for the management of weight gain associated with olanzapine administration]Andrea Lopez-Mato
Instituto de Psiquiatría Biológica Integral, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vertex 14:85-96. 2003..In this study, concomitant administration of Ranitidine prevented or corrected weight gain in 59.6% of cases...
- Performance of acidified 14C-urea capsule breath test during pantoprazole and ranitidine treatmentEmel Ozturk
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Ufuk University Medical School, Gulhane Military Medical Academy and Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:1248-51. 2009..We prospectively investigated whether acidified 14C-urea capsule prevents false negative UBT results in patients taking antisecretory drugs and show interference with the duration of medications...
- Effect of H. pylori status on gastric ulcer healing in patients continuing nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory therapy and receiving treatment with lansoprazole or ranitidineDonald R Campbell
Department of Medicine, VAMC, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2208-14. 2002..The purpose of this research was to determine the impact of pretreatment Helicobacter pylori infection on gastric ulcer healing rates in patients receiving nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and antisecretory medications...
- Role of hepatic fibrin in idiosyncrasy-like liver injury from lipopolysaccharide-ranitidine coexposure in ratsJames P Luyendyk
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, Center for Integrative Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Hepatology 40:1342-51. 2004Coadministration of nonhepatotoxic doses of the histamine 2-receptor antagonist ranitidine (RAN) and bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) results in hepatocellular injury in rats, the onset of which occurs in 3 to 6 hours...
- One-week regimens containing ranitidine bismuth citrate, furazolidone and either amoxicillin or tetracycline effectively eradicate Helicobacter pylori: a multicentre, randomized, double-blind studyH Lu
Shanghai Institute of Digestive Disease, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai, China
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:1975-9. 2001..AIM: To evaluate the efficacy and safety of new 1-week regimens containing ranitidine bismuth citrate, furazolidone and either amoxicillin or tetracycline...
- Effect of gastric emptying and entero-hepatic circulation on bioequivalence assessment of ranitidineJ Chrenova
Slovak University of Technology, Slovak Academy of Science, Bratislava, Slovakia
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 32:413-9. 2010The aim of study was to compare the bioavailability of ranitidine obtained from either Ranitidine (300 mg tablet; LPH® S.C. LaborMed Pharma S.A...
- A comparison of two prophylactic regimens for hypersensitivity reactions to paclitaxelJanice S Kwon
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1A1, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 84:420-5. 2002....
- The efficacy of lafutidine in improving preoperative gastric fluid property: a comparison with ranitidine and rabeprazoleTakanobu Uesugi
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kusunoki cho 7, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Anesth Analg 95:144-7, table of contents. 2002Acid aspiration syndrome remains a potentially critical perioperative complication. We compared lafutidine, ranitidine, and rabeprazole for reduction of preoperative gastric fluid acidity and volume in elective surgery and found that ..
- Ranitidine-induced anaphylaxis: detection of serum specific IgE antibodyY I Koh
Department of Allergy, Chonnam National University Medical School, 8 Hak Dong, Dong Ku, Gwangju 501 757, Republic of Korea
Allergy 61:269-70. 2006
- Bioadhesive ranitidine hydrochloride for gastroretention with controlled microenvironmental pHAnuradha Adhikary
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology, Mumbai University Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga E, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 34:860-9. 2008b>Ranitidine hydrochloride is a H(2) receptor blocker used in the treatment of gastric ulcers...
- Effects of the H2-receptor antagonist ranitidine on gastric motor function after a liquid meal in healthy humansJan Lysgård Madsen
Department of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Hvidovre Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Hvidovre, Denmark
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 68:681-4. 2008..This study examined the effect of ranitidine, an H(2)-receptor antagonist, on gastric volume and gastric emptying after a liquid meal in healthy humans.
- Effect of milling conditions on the solid-state conversion of ranitidine hydrochloride form 1N Chieng
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, P O Box 913, Dunedin, New Zealand
Int J Pharm 327:36-44. 2006Powder samples of ranitidine hydrochloride forms 1 and 2 were milled using a vibrational ball mill (Retsch MM301) for periods up to 240min at 4, 12 and 35 degrees C...
- Effects of three H2-receptor antagonists (cimetidine, famotidine, ranitidine) on serum gastrin levelT Ohsawa
Chidoribashi Hospital Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacokinetics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Int J Clin Pharmacol Res 22:29-35. 2002..The subjects were 51 patients (cimetidine: 18 patients; famotidine: 16 patients; ranitidine: 17 patients)...
- Simultaneous determination of cimetidine, famotidine, nizatidine, and ranitidine in tablets by capillary zone electrophoresisS M Wu
School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, ROC, Taiwan
Electrophoresis 22:2758-62. 2001..is described for the simultaneous determination of cimetidine (CIM), famotidine (FAM), nizatidine (NIZ), and ranitidine (RAN). The analysis of these drugs was performed in a 100 mM phosphate buffer, pH 3.5...
- Subtleties in crystal structure solution from powder diffraction data using simulated annealing: ranitidine hydrochlorideAshfia Huq
Department of Physics and Astronomy, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 3800, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:244-9. 2003..We use ranitidine HCl as our test sample as it is known to have a conformational disorder from single crystal structural work...
- Polyethylene glycol 400 enhances the bioavailability of a BCS class III drug (ranitidine) in male subjects but not femalesDiane A I Ashiru
Department of Pharmaceutics, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London, WC1N 1AX, United Kingdom
Pharm Res 25:2327-33. 2008The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of different doses of polyethylene glycol 400 (PEG 400) on the bioavailability of ranitidine in male and female subjects.
- Effects of Onosma armeniacum root extract on ethanol-induced oxidative stress in stomach tissue of ratsElif Cadirci
Ataturk University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacology, 25240, Erzurum, Turkey
Chem Biol Interact 170:40-8. 2007..We found that 50, 100 and 200 mg/kg doses of AR-1 inhibited ulcers more effectively than did ranitidine. AR-1 at doses of 25, 50, 100 and 200 mg/kg significantly prevented the decrease in total glutathione (tGSH) ..
- Gastrin stimulates the self-replication rate of enterochromaffinlike cells in the rat stomach. Effects of omeprazole, ranitidine, and gastrin-17 in intact and antrectomized ratsB Ryberg
AB Hässle, Department of Biology, Molndal, Sweden
Gastroenterology 99:935-42. 1990..kg-1.day-1) or ranitidine (1200 mumol.kg-1.day-1). The effect of omeprazole was also studied in antrectomized rats...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis: proton pump inhibitor vs. ranitidine bismuth citrate plus two antibiotics in Helicobacter pylori eradicationJavier P Gisbert
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital of La Princesa, Madrid, Spain
Helicobacter 10:157-71. 2005To systematically review the Helicobacter pylori eradication efficacy with ranitidine bismuth citrate (RBC) and two antibiotics, and to conduct a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials comparing the efficacy of proton pump inhibitor (..
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of ranitidine hydrochloride loaded hollow microspheres in rabbitsYu Meng Wei
Research Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Biomaterials, School of Pharmacy, Chongqing Medical University, No 1, Yixue Yuan Road, Chongqing 400016, PR China
Arch Pharm Res 31:1369-77. 2008..Hollow microspheres containing ranitidine hydrochloride (RH) were prepared by a novel solvent diffusion-evaporation method using ethyl cellulose (EC) ..
- Evaluation of the effect of ranitidine on gastroduodenal contractile activity and gastric emptying in horsesOmar Maher
Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Am J Vet Res 69:1153-7. 2008To determine the effect of ranitidine on gastric emptying in horses.
- Synergistic and antagonistic pharmacodynamic interaction between ranitidine and cisapride: a study on the isolated rabbit intestineM Koutsoviti-Papadopoulou
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Pharmacol Res 43:329-34. 2001The present study examines the pharmacodynamic interaction between the H(2)-receptor antagonist ranitidine and the prokinetic agent cisapride on the isolated rabbit intestine...
- Superiority of lansoprazole vs ranitidine in healing nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-associated gastric ulcers: results of a double-blind, randomized, multicenter study. NSAID-Associated Gastric Ulcer Study GroupN M Agrawal
Department of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, USA
Arch Intern Med 160:1455-61. 2000..The usefulness of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) is limited by adverse gastrointestinal tract events...
- Ranitidine, 75 mg, over-the-counter dose: pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic effects in children with symptoms of gastro-oesophageal refluxS R Orenstein
Pediatric Gastroenterology, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:899-907. 2002..However, the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic effects of over-the-counter histamine-2 receptor antagonists in the paediatric population are largely unknown...
- Conductimetric determination of phenylpropanolamine HCl, ranitidine HCl, hyoscyamine HBr and betaine HCl in their pure state and pharmaceutical preparationsYousry M Issa
Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
Farmaco 60:541-6. 2005..Cl), ranitidine HCl (Ra.Cl), hyoscyamine HBr (Hy.Br) and betaine HCl (Be.Cl) through ion-associate complex formation...
- Efficacy and tolerability of pantoprazole versus ranitidine in the treatment of reflux esophagitis and the influence of Helicobacter pylori infection on healing rateU G Meneghelli
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Medical School of Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Dis Esophagus 15:50-6. 2002..were randomly assigned to a double-blind, double-dummy treatment with either pantoprazole 40 mg once daily or ranitidine 150 mg twice daily. After 4 weeks, each patient was clinically and endoscopically assessed...
- Effect of Da-Cheng-Qi decoction on the pharmacokinetics of ranitidine in ratsWen Fu Tang
Department of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, People s Republic of China
Biomed Chromatogr 22:851-6. 2008..The present study was conducted to evaluate the herb-drug interaction between DCQD and ranitidine, which are often co-administered in clinical practice...
- A pharmacokinetic study of etravirine (TMC125) co-administered with ranitidine and omeprazole in HIV-negative volunteersMonika Schöller-Gyüre
Tibotec BVBA, Mechelen, Belgium
Br J Clin Pharmacol 66:508-16. 2008..This study evaluated the effect of steady-state omeprazole and ranitidine on the pharmacokinetics of a single dose of etravirine.
- Occurrence of ventilator-associated pneumonia in mechanically ventilated pediatric intensive care patients during stress ulcer prophylaxis with sucralfate, ranitidine, and omeprazoleDincer Yildizdas
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Cukurova University, Adana, Turkey
J Crit Care 17:240-5. 2002The purpose of the study was to evaluate the effects of sucralfate, ranitidine, and omeprazole use on incidence of ventilatory-associated pneumonia (VAP) and mortality in ventilated pediatric critical care patients.
- Effect of Helicobacter pylori eradication or of ranitidine plus metoclopramide on Helicobacter pylori-positive functional dyspepsia. A randomized, controlled follow-up studyM Alizadeh-Naeeni
Department of Internal Medicine, Nemazee Hospital, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Digestion 66:92-8. 2002..A definitive treatment for functional dyspepsia (FD), and the role of Helicobacter pylori eradication on the course of this disease are controversial...
- The impact of primary antibiotic resistance on the efficacy of ranitidine bismuth citrate- vs. omeprazole-based one-week triple therapies in H. pylori eradication--a randomised controlled trialJosip Bago
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Internal Medicine, General Hospital Sveti Duh, Zagreb, Croatia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 114:448-53. 2002To compare ranitidine bismuth citrate with omeprazole as to their efficacy to eradicate H...
- Coagulation-dependent gene expression and liver injury in rats given lipopolysaccharide with ranitidine but not with famotidineJames P Luyendyk
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Center for Integrative Toxicology, National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 317:635-43. 2006In an animal model of drug idiosyncrasy, rats cotreated with nonhepatotoxic doses of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and ranitidine (RAN) develop hepatocellular injury, whereas rats treated with LPS and famotidine (FAM) do not...
- Ranitidine as an alcohol dehydrogenase inhibitor in acute methanol toxicity in ratsAmal A El-Bakary
Department of Forensic Medicine, Histology and Cytology, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Egypt
Hum Exp Toxicol 29:93-101. 2010..The therapy for methanol poisoning is alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) inhibitors to prevent formate accumulation. Ranitidine has been considered to be an inhibitor of both gastric alcohol and hepatic aldehyde dehydrogenase enzymes...
- Melatonin protects against gastric ulceration and increases the efficacy of ranitidine and omeprazole in reducing gastric damageDebashis Bandyopadhyay
Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur, Kolkata, India, Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Pineal Res 33:1-7. 2002..When compared with already marketed antiulcer drugs such as ranitidine and omeprazole, melatonin was found to be more effective than ranitidine but less effective than omeprazole in ..
- Effect of ranitidine on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of prasugrel and clopidogrelDavid S Small
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:2251-7. 2008..This study evaluated the influence of ranitidine coadministration on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the respective active metabolite of prasugrel ..
- Pharmacokinetic interaction between darunavir boosted with ritonavir and omeprazole or ranitidine in human immunodeficiency virus-negative healthy volunteersVanitha J Sekar
Tibotec Inc, 1020 Stony Hill Road, Suite 300, Yardley, PA 19067, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:958-61. 2007..This study was conducted to investigate the effect of ranitidine and omeprazole on the plasma pharmacokinetics of DRV and RTV in HIV-negative healthy volunteers...
- Using Terahertz pulse spectroscopy to study the crystalline structure of a drug: a case study of the polymorphs of ranitidine hydrochlorideP F Taday
TeraView Limited, 302 304 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WG, UK
J Pharm Sci 92:831-8. 2003..The particular compounds investigated were the different crystalline Forms 1 and 2 of ranitidine hydrochloride, both in the pure form and also obtained as a marketed pharmaceutical product...
- Seven-day is more effective than 4-day ranitidine bismuth citrate-based triple therapy in eradication of Helicobacter pylori in children: a prospective randomized studyY H Tam
Division of Paediatric Surgery and Paediatric Urology, Department of Surgery, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 24:81-6. 2006..To date, there is still no universally accepted recommendation on the treatment of this infection in children. Ranitidine bismuth citrate-based triple therapy has been shown to be effective in H...
- Influence of gastric colonization with Candida albicans on ulcer healing in rats: effect of ranitidine, aspirin and probiotic therapyTomasz Brzozowski
Department of Physiology and Pathomorphology, Jagiellonian University School of Medicine, Cracow, Poland
Scand J Gastroenterol 40:286-96. 2005..inoculation on gastric secretion and healing of gastric ulcers induced by acetic acid in rats treated with 1) ranitidine (30 mg kg(-1) day(-1) s.c.) and 2) aspirin (ASA) (60 mg kg(-1) day(-1) i.g...
- A novel gradient HPLC method for simultaneous determination of ranitidine, methylparaben and propylparaben in oral liquid pharmaceutical formulationMagdalene Xenou Kokoletsi
R and D Laboratory, Quality Control Department, DEMO SA Pharmaceutical Industry, 21st km National Road Athens Lamia, 14568 Athens, Greece
J Pharm Biomed Anal 38:763-7. 2005..liquid chromatographic method has been developed and validated for the simultaneous determination of ranitidine, methylparaben (MP) and propylparaben (PP) in oral liquids...
- Gastroretentive drug delivery system of ranitidine hydrochloride: formulation and in vitro evaluationBrijesh S Dave
Shree S K Patel College of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Ganpat Vidyanagar, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 5:e34. 2004The purpose of this research was to prepare a gastroretentive drug delivery system of ranitidine hydrochloride. Guar gum, xanthan gum, and hydroxypropyl methylcellulose were evaluated for gel-forming properties...
- Pregnancy outcome after exposure to ranitidine and other H2-blockers. A collaborative study of the European Network of Teratology Information ServicesHanneke Garbis
Teratology Information Service, National Institute of Public Health and Environment, P O Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Reprod Toxicol 19:453-8. 2005..Published data on pregnancy outcome after exposure to H2-blockers is scarce. The aim of the present study was to evaluate the data collected by the memberships of the European Network of Teratology Information Services (ENTIS)...
- Effect of ranitidine on healing of normal and transfusion-suppressed experimental anastomosesS A Apostolidis
Laboratory of Anatomy, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Tech Coloproctol 8:s104-7. 2004..Wound healing is a process of immune system. This experimental study was done to find the effect of histamine2 receptor antagonist ranitidine on the healing process of intestinal anastomosis in rats.
- Drug costs developments after patent expiry of enalapril, fluoxetine and ranitidine: a study conducted for the NetherlandsCornelis Boersma
Department of Social Pharmacy, Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacotherapy, Groningen University for Drug Exploration GUIDE, Groningen, The Netherlands
Appl Health Econ Health Policy 4:191-6. 2005..However, drug costs may not decrease after patent expiry, because of a lack of price competition and different national pricing systems...
- Healing of gastric ulcers with esomeprazole versus ranitidine in patients who continued to receive NSAID therapy: a randomized trialJay L Goldstein
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 100:2650-7. 2005To compare orally administered esomeprazole 40 mg once daily and 20 mg once daily with ranitidine 150 mg twice daily for the healing of gastric ulcers (GUs) during 8 wks in patients who continued to receive daily nonsteroidal anti-..
- Long-term management of patients with symptoms of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease -- a Norwegian randomised prospective study comparing the effects of esomeprazole and ranitidine treatment strategies on health-related quality of life in a general practiA N Hansen
Harbitzallèen Legesenter, Oslo, Norway
Int J Clin Pract 60:15-22. 2006..were randomised to 6 months' esomeprazole 20 mg once daily continuously (n = 658), on-demand (n = 634) or ranitidine 150 mg twice daily continuously (n = 610)...
- Unique gene expression and hepatocellular injury in the lipopolysaccharide-ranitidine drug idiosyncrasy rat model: comparison with famotidineJames P Luyendyk
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Center for Integrative Toxicology, National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Toxicol Sci 90:569-85. 2006Rats cotreated with lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and ranitidine (RAN) but not LPS and famotidine (FAM) develop hepatocellular injury in an animal model of idiosyncratic drug reactions...
- Efficacy and safety of pantoprazole versus ranitidine in the treatment of patients with symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux diseaseJ van Zyl
University Hospital, Bloemfontein, Germany
Digestion 70:61-9. 2004..epigastric pain, vomiting, nausea, flatulence, retching, and retrosternal feeling of tightness) and safety profiles of the proton pump inhibitor pantoprazole and the H2 antagonist ranitidine in patients suffering from symptomatic GERD.
- Oral ranitidine and duration of gastric pH >4.0 in infants with persisting reflux symptomsSilvia Salvatore
Clinica Pediatrica di Varese, Universita dell Insubria, Varese, Italy
Acta Paediatr 95:176-81. 2006b>Ranitidine is a drug commonly used in pathological gastro-oesophageal reflux (GOR) in infants. Non-responsiveness has been reported...
- Rapid onset of effect of sodium alginate on gastro-oesophageal reflux compared with ranitidine and omeprazole, and relationship between symptoms and reflux episodesP W Dettmar
Reckitt Benckiser Healthcare, Dansom Lane, Hull, UK
Int J Clin Pract 60:275-83. 2006..four-period crossover study was to compare the time of onset of effect of sodium alginate (SA), omeprazole, ranitidine and control, based on oesophageal and intragastric pH and to determine any correlation between reflux symptoms ..
- The effect of intravenous pantoprazole and ranitidine for improving preoperative gastric fluid properties in adults undergoing elective surgeryDilek Memis
Departments of Anaesthesiology and Biostatistics, Trakya University Medical Faculty, Edirne, Turkey
Anesth Analg 97:1360-3. 2003..In this randomized, controlled trial, we examined the effects of preoperative IV pantoprazole or ranitidine on gastric pH and volume. Ninety patients (ASA status I and II, scheduled for elective surgery) were studied...
- Effect of food, an antacid, and the H2 antagonist ranitidine on the absorption of BAY 59-7939 (rivaroxaban), an oral, direct factor Xa inhibitor, in healthy subjectsDagmar Kubitza
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Bayer HealthCare AG, Wuppertal, Germany
J Clin Pharmacol 46:549-58. 2006To investigate the influence of food and administration of an antacid (aluminum-magnesium hydroxide) or ranitidine on the absorption of BAY 59-7939 (rivaroxaban), 4 randomized studies were performed in healthy male subjects...
- The impact of gastroesophageal reflux disease on quality of lifeT Kamolz
Division of Clinical Psychology, Public Hospital of Zell am See, A 5700 Zell am See, Austria
Surg Endosc 17:1193-9. 2003..Quality of life as a medical endpoint has become an important measure in clinical research...
- Therapeutic efficacy of ranitidine bismuth citrate with clarithromycin for seven days in the eradication of Helicobacter pylori in Brazilian peptic ulcer patientsJaime Natan Eisig
Departamento de Gastroenterologia Clínica, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 121:15-8. 2003..The curative treatment of peptic ulcer is made available nowadays through the eradication of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori, which is associated with it, but the best therapeutic regimen is yet to be determined...
- Determination of polymorphic forms of ranitidine-HCl by DRIFTS and XRPDS Agatonovic-Kustrin
School of Pharmaceutical Science, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11800, Penang, Malaysia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 25:741-50. 2001..DRIFTS) and X-ray powder diffractometry (XRPD) were combined to analyze polymorphic purity of crystalline ranitidine-HCl, an antiulcer drug, H2 receptor antagonists...
- Effectiveness and costs of omeprazole vs ranitidine for treatment of symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux disease in primary care clinics in West VirginiaB Kaplan-Machlis
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, West Virginia University, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, Charleston 25304, USA
Arch Fam Med 9:624-30. 2000To compare clinical, health-related quality of life (HRQL), and medical cost outcomes in patients with symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) receiving omeprazole sodium or ranitidine hydrochloride treatment.
- Healing and relapse rates in gastroesophageal reflux disease treated with the newer proton-pump inhibitors lansoprazole, rabeprazole, and pantoprazole compared with omeprazole, ranitidine, and placebo: evidence from randomized clinical trialsJ J Caro
Division of General Internal Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Ther 23:998-1017. 2001..The older proton pump inhibitor (PPI) omeprazole and the newer PPIs lansoprazole, rabeprazole, and pantoprazole are approved for the acute and maintenance treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)...
- Health-Related quality-of-life and quality-days incrementally gained in symptomatic nonerosive GERD patients treated with lansoprazole or ranitidineS D Mathias
The Lewin Group, San Francisco, California 94107, USA
Dig Dis Sci 46:2416-23. 2001..GERD from two clinical trials of lansoprazole 15 mg daily (LAN 15) and lansoprazole 30 mg daily (LAN 30) vs ranitidine 150 mg twice a day (RAN 150) completed a health-related quality-of-life (HRQoL) questionnaire at baseline and ..
- Health-related quality of life outcomes of omeprazole versus ranitidine in poorly responsive symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux diseaseD A Revicki
Center for Health Outcomes Research, MEDTAP International, Bethesda MD 20814, USA
Dig Dis 16:284-91. 1998..study evaluated changes in health-related quality of life (HRQL) outcomes of once-daily omeprazole compared with ranitidine for the short-term treatment of patients with poorly responsive symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux disease (..
- Kinetic spectrophotometric determination of nizatidine and ranitidine in pharmaceutical preparationsE M Hassan
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, P O Box 2457, 11451, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Pharm Biomed Anal 27:31-8. 2002A new simple and sensitive kinetic spectrophotometric method is described for analysis of nizatidine (I) and ranitidine (II)...
- Relapse prevention in reflux oesophagitis with regard to Helicobacter pylori status: a double-blind, randomized, multicentre trial to compare the efficacy of pantoprazole versus ranitidineR J Adamek
Department of Medicine, St Vinzenz Krankenhaus, Duesseldorf, Germany
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:811-7. 2001OBJECTIVE: To compare prospectively the effectiveness of 1 year's treatment with pantoprazole versus ranitidine in order to prevent relapse after initial cure of reflux oesophagitis...
- Randomized trial of omeprazole or ranitidine versus placebo in the prevention of chemotherapy-induced gastroduodenal injuryS Sartori
Divisione di Medicina Interna e Oncologia Medica, Azienda Ospedaliera S Anna, Italy
J Clin Oncol 18:463-7. 2000Anticancer drugs may induce acute mucosal injury to stomach and duodenum. This study was planned to evaluate the efficacy of omeprazole or ranitidine in preventing such an injury.
- Various durations of a standard regimen (amoxycillin, metronidazole, colloidal bismuth sub-citrate for 2 weeks or with additional ranitidine for 1 or 2 weeks) on eradication of Helicobacter pylori in Iranian peptic ulcer patients. A randomized controlled M J Kaviani
Gastroenterology Division, Internal Medicine Ward, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:915-9. 2001..We therefore performed a randomized controlled trial comparing twice daily metronidazole, bismuth derivative and amoxycillin for 2 weeks with additional ranitidine for 1 or 2 weeks.
- Complete resolution of heartburn symptoms and health-related quality of life in patients with gastro-oesophageal reflux diseaseD A Revicki
Center for Health Outcomes Research, MEDTAP International, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 13:1621-30. 1999..We evaluated the association between complete resolution of heartburn symptoms and functioning and well-being in three samples of patients with GERD...
- Helicobacter pylori eradication: proton pump inhibitor vs. ranitidine bismuth citrate plus two antibiotics for 1 week-a meta-analysis of efficacyJ P Gisbert
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital of La Princesa, Madrid, Spain
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 14:1141-50. 2000To compare the efficacy of proton pump inhibitor vs. ranitidine bismuth citrate (RBC) with two antibiotics for 1 week in Helicobacter pylori eradication.
- Solid state assay of ranitidine HCl as a bulk drug and as active ingredient in tablets using DRIFT spectroscopy with artificial neural networksS Agatonovic-Kustrin
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Pharm Res 16:1477-82. 1999A new, simple, sensitive and rapid method was developed to analyse the polymorphic purity of crystalline ranitidine-HCI as a bulk drug and from a tablet formulation.
- Bleeding and pneumonia in intensive care patients given ranitidine and sucralfate for prevention of stress ulcer: meta-analysis of randomised controlled trialsA Messori
Laboratorio SIFO di Farmacoeconomia, Centro Informazione Farmaci, Servizio Farmaceutico, Azienda Ospedaliera Careggi, 50134 Florence, Italy
BMJ 321:1103-6. 2000To determine the effectiveness of ranitidine and sucralfate in the prevention of stress ulcer in critical patients and to assess if these treatments affect the risk of nosocomial pneumonia.
- Control of nocturnal gastric acidity: a role for low dose bedtime ranitidine to supplement daily omeprazoleMalcolm Robinson
Oklahoma Foundation for Digestive Research, University of Oklahoma, Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, USA
Dig Dis Sci 47:265-73. 2002..measured at baseline and again after six days of 20 mg omeprazole alone at 08:00 hr followed by placebo, 75 mg ranitidine, or 20 mg omeprazole at 22:00 hr...
- [Eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection in Europe: a meta-analysis based on congress abstracts, 1997-2002]György Miklós Buzás
Ferencvárosi Egészségügyi Szolgálat, Gasztroenterológia
Orv Hetil 145:2035-41. 2004..Meta-analyses evaluated several aspects of Helicobacter pylori eradication based on the randomised controlled trials...
- [The effect of Helicobacter pylori eradication on prokinetic treatment on the quality of life in functional dyspepsia]György Miklós Buzás
Ferencvárosi Egészségügyi Szolgálat, Gasztroenterológia, Budapest
Orv Hetil 145:2141-5. 2004..The quality life is impaired in functional dyspepsia. Little is known, however, about the impact of different therapies on the quality of life in this condition...
- Antibiotic resistance and antibiotic sensitivity based treatment in Helicobacter pylori infection: advantages and outcomeM E Street
Department of Paediatrics, University of Parma, Italy
Arch Dis Child 84:419-22. 2001..testing; those in group 2 received amoxycillin and clarithromycin for eight days, together with either ranitidine or omeprazole. Eradication rate was assessed in both groups six months after treatment...
- [A randomized, prospective, comparative, multicenter study of rabeprazole and ranitidine in the treatment of reflux esophagitis]Hyun Yong Jeong
Department of Internal Medicine, Chungnam National University College of Medicine, Chungnam, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 47:15-21. 2006This study was done to evaluate the efficacy of rabeprazole (proton-pump-inhibitor) and ranitidine (H(2)-receptor antagonist) in the symptom relief and treatment of erosive esophagitis diagnosed by endoscopy.
- 7-day rescue therapy with ranitidine bismuth citrate after Helicobacter pylori treatment failureJ P Gisbert
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, Madrid, Spain
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:1249-53. 2005..Quadruple rescue therapy requires a complex scheme with four drugs...
- First-line eradication therapy for Helicobacter pylori in primary health care based on antibiotic resistance: results of three eradication regimensT T Koivisto
Department of Internal Medicine, South Karelia Central Hospital, 53130 Lappeenranta, Finland
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:773-82. 2005..To determine the efficacy of three Helicobacter pylori eradication regimens and factors affecting the eradication results in Finland...
- A pharmacokinetic interaction study between omeprazole and the H2-receptor antagonist ranitidineA Leucuta
3rd Pediatric Clinic, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iuliu Hatieganu Cluj Napoca, Romania
Drug Metabol Drug Interact 20:273-81. 2004The effect of ranitidine pretreatment on the pharmacokinetics of omeprazole was investigated in 14 male human volunteers...
- Heartburn-dominant, uninvestigated dyspepsia: a comparison of 'PPI-start' and 'H2-RA-start' management strategies in primary care--the CADET-HR StudyD Armstrong
Division of Gastroenterology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:1189-202. 2005..There are few data on empiric, stepped therapy for heartburn relief or subsequent relapse in primary care...
Research Grants102 found, 100 shown here
- Regulation of Drug Metabolizing Enzyme OntogenyRonald N Hines; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, ranitidine will be used as a probe drug to: a) determine the ontogenic profile of human FMO3 in vivo;b) determine whether ..
- Regulation of Drug Metabolizing Enzyme OntogenyRONALD HINES; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, ranitidine will be used as a probe drug to: a) determine the ontogenic profile of human FMO3 in vivo; b) determine whether ..
- THE ROLE OF MYCOBACTERIA IN CROHN'S DISEASEDavid Graham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study should either confirm or refute the proposed etiologic association of M. paratuberculosis and Crohn's disease as well as the identification of patients with Crohn's disease and M. paratuberculosis. ..
- THE ESOPHAGOGASTRIC JUNCTION IN HEALTH AND DISEASEPeter James Kahrilas; Fiscal Year: 2010..A future direction for this research group will be to devise and test a "corrective intervention" based on those physiological objectives. ..
- The Gastric Biology of Helicobacter PyloriGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2009..A better understanding of effects of acid inhibition on H. pylori may allow improvement or replacement of triple therapy for eradication. ..
- GASTRIC ENTEROCHROMAFFIN-LIKE CELL IN ULCER DISEASEGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Hence this approach will provide additional insights into mechanisms of regulation of gastric secretion and enable illuminated interpretation of the pathophysiology of peptic ulcer disease. ..
- THE ESOPHAGOGASTRIC JUNCTION IN HEALTH AND DISEASEPeter Kahrilas; Fiscal Year: 2009..A future direction for this research group will be to devise and test a "corrective intervention" based on those physiological objectives. ..
- THE GASTRIC ACID PUMP AS A TARGET FOR ULCER TREATMENTGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- The Gastric Biology of Helicobacter PyloriGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2010..A better understanding of effects of acid inhibition on H. pylori may allow improvement or replacement of triple therapy for eradication. ..
- P450 Epoxygenase Mechanisms of Opioid AnalgesiaLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will uncover new biochemical mechanisms for pain relief, and test a new group of chemicals for pain-relieving properties. This research could lead to the development of new, non-addicting pain relievers. ..
- THE GASTRIC ACID PUMP AS A TARGET FOR ULCER TREATMENTGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of the proposed research will further improve the agents used for the treatment of acid-related diseases and also our knowledge of the ATPase and cellular events involved in regulation of its activity. ..
- INFLAMMATION AND DRUG IDIOSYNCRASYROBERT ANDREW ROTH; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Enteric flora modulates the development of colitisAlbert Jergens; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., graduate students and postdoctoral fellow). There are ample opportunities to attend seminars, journal clubs and work-in-progress research meetings during which the applicant can become engaged in scientific discussions. ..
- GASTRIC BIOLOGY OF HELICOBACTER PYLORIGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2007..pylori has evolved to colonize the human stomach. These studies may provide targets to allow eradication of this class 1 carcinogen without the use of general antibiotics. ..
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2007..These collaborative experiments between pharmacologists, neurophysiologists and chemists will discover the mechanism of action of this novel class of agents and lead to the development of new, non-opioid pharmacotherapies for pain. ..
- NEUTROPHILS AND HEPATOTOXICITYRobert Roth; Fiscal Year: 2009The capacity of modest inflammation to potentiate hepatotoxic responses to drugs (e.g., ranitidine) and other xenobiotic agents has been characterized in several animal models...
- GASTRIC ENTEROCHROMAFFIN LIKE CELL IN ULCER DISEASEGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 1999..These data will allow a novel understanding of the peripheral regulation of gastric acid secretion as well as the exocytotic process in a non- excitable endocrine cell. ..
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- NEUTROPHILS AND HEPATOTOXICITYRobert Roth; Fiscal Year: 1990..The long-term goal of this research is to determine the extent and nature of the participation of stimulated phagocytic cells in toxic responses to chemicals...
- SAMe Inhibits Inflammatory-mediated Enhanced ToxicityJANE MADDOX; Fiscal Year: 2003..Moreover, they may provide evidence for development of related therapeutic compounds. ..
- GASTRIC BIOLOGY OF HELICOBACTER PYLORIGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding the means of survival and cytotoxicity of this pathogen will enable more rational treatment of peptic ulcer disease. ..
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANALGESIALINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 1992..These studies will enhance our knowledge of antinociceptive mechanisms, and may lead to the development of novel, clinically useful agents for the relief of pain...
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 1999..These studies will clarify the mechanisms by which MOR relieves pain, enhance the understanding of histaminergic antinociceptive mechanisms, and may lead to the discovery of non-addicting, novel medications for the treatment of pain. ..
- INFLAMMATION AND DRUG IDIOSYNCRASYRobert Roth; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Impact of Medicaid Policy on cardiovascular drug use and clinical outcomesMichael A Fischer; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- NON-OPIOID ANALGESICS DERIVED FROM IMPROGANLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These experiments will help to discover the mechanism of action of this novel class of agents, and lead to the development of new pharmacotherapies for pain. ..
- INFLAMMATION AND DRUG IDIOSYNCRASYRobert Roth; Fiscal Year: 2006..Similarly, a nontoxic dose of LPS; can render ranitidine hepatotoxic in rats and mice...
- PSYCHOPHYSICAL INVESTIGATION OF UMAMI TASTERussell Keast; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- NEUTROPHILS AND HEPATOTOXICITYRobert Roth; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results will provide new knowledge about how LPS and the inflammatory events it generates may act as a determinant of the magnitude of response to toxicants. ..