Genomes and Genes
Summary: 1,4-Diethylene dioxides. Industrial solvents. According to the Fourth Annual Report on Carcinogens (NTP 85-002, 1985), dioxane itself may "reasonably be anticipated to be a carcinogen." (Merck Index, 11th ed)
Publications164 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of novel biodegradable cyclic carbonate polyester copolymers for cytocompatibility using MRC-5 cellsJ Longino
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Biomed Sci Instrum 39:306-11. 2003..Although both copolymers are non-cytotoxic, the sample having the higher MBC content is the preferred composition based upon MDA levels and morphological evaluations...
- [Comparison of five synthetic absorbable suture materials in intestinal anastomosis: experimental study in rats]Carlo De Werra
Cattedra di Chirurgia Generale, , Napoli
Chir Ital 55:227-33. 2003..A general assessment showed better results for polyglycolic acid and Glycomer 631, while the other three materials presented slightly inferior performance, particularly polygalactic acid (inferior stitch resistance)...
- Novel substituted 4-phenyl-[1,3]dioxanes: potent and selective orexin receptor 2 (OX(2)R) antagonistsLaura C McAtee
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, LLC, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:4225-9. 2004..Herein we describe a series of novel, selective OX(2)R antagonists consisting of substituted 4-phenyl-[1,3]dioxanes. One such antagonist is compound 9, 1-(2,4-dibromo-phenyl)-3-((4S,5S)-2,2-dimethyl-4-phenyl-[1,3]dioxan-5-yl)-..
- Influence of polyglecaprone 25 (Monocryl) supplementation on the biocompatibility of a polypropylene mesh for hernia repairK Junge
Department of Surgery, Technical University of Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Hernia 9:212-7. 2005..This study was designed to evaluate the influence of this additional supplementation on the biocompatibility in a rodent animal model...
- Endoperoxide derivatives from marine organisms: 1,2-dioxanes of the plakortin family as novel antimalarial agentsCaterina Fattorusso
Dipartimento di Chimica delle Sostanze Naturali, Universita di Napoli Federico II, via D Montesano 49, 80131 Napoli, Italy
J Med Chem 49:7088-94. 2006..a series of semisynthetic derivatives in order to gain insights into the structural requirements of simple 1,2-dioxanes for exhibiting antimalarial activity...
- Split--pool synthesis of 1,3-dioxanes leading to arrayed stock solutions of single compounds sufficient for multiple phenotypic and protein-binding assaysS M Sternson
Harvard Institute of Chemistry and Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Chem Soc 123:1740-7. 2001..We have developed a split--pool synthesis leading to an array of stock solutions of single 1,3-dioxanes. The quantities of compounds are sufficient for hundreds of phenotypic and protein-binding assays...
- The in vivo and in vitro degradation behavior of poly(trimethylene carbonate)Zheng Zhang
Institute for Biomedical Technology (BMTI) and Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, P.O. Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 27:1741-8. 2006..It can be concluded that enzymatic degradation plays an important role in the surface erosion of PTMC in vivo...
- In vivo behavior of poly(1,3-trimethylene carbonate) and copolymers of 1,3-trimethylene carbonate with D,L-lactide or epsilon-caprolactone: Degradation and tissue responseA P Pêgo
Institute for Biomedical Technology BMTI and Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Twente, PO Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
J Biomed Mater Res A 67:1044-54. 2003....
- Bacterial colonization on different suture materials--a potential risk for intraoral dentoalveolar surgeryJ E Otten
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Mund, Kiefer und Gesichtschirurgie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 74:627-35. 2005..Coccoid bacteria within biofilms were seen. The growth of Prevotella intermedia was much better on Deknalon than on Monocryl. The risk of bacteremia at the time of suture removal is discussed...
- Biodegradable, elastic shape-memory polymers for potential biomedical applicationsAndreas Lendlein
mnemoScience GmbH, Pauwelsstrabetae 19, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Science 296:1673-6. 2002..A smart degradable suture was created to illustrate the potential of these shape-memory thermoplastics in biomedical applications...
- Comparative study of tissue response to polyglecaprone 25, polyglactin 910 and polytetrafluorethylene suture materials in ratsHugo Nary Filho
Department of Oral Surgery, School of Dentistry, Sacred Heart University USC, Bauru, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 13:86-91. 2002..Such biological behavior must be considered during the selection of the suture material to be used in oral surgery...
- 1H and 13C NMR studies of molecular dynamics in the biocopolymer of glycolide and epsilon-caprolactoneFarhod Nozirov
Department of Macromolecular Physics, Adam Mickiewicz University, Pozna, Poland
Solid State Nucl Magn Reson 22:19-28. 2002..T, relaxation is dominated by trans-gauche isomerisation, with an activation energy of 34-35 kJ mol(-1)...
- Evaluation of the tensile strengths of four monofilament absorbable suture materials after immersion in canine urine with or without bacteriaChelsea B Greenberg
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Am J Vet Res 65:847-53. 2004..During bladder surgery, exposure of suture material that degrades via hydrolysis to urine containing Proteus spp should be minimized...
- Preparation of biodegradable networks by photo-crosslinking lactide, epsilon-caprolactone and trimethylene carbonate-based oligomers functionalized with fumaric acid monoethyl esterDirk W Grijpma
Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Institute for Biomedical Technology BMTI, University of Twente, P O Box 217, 7500 AE, Enschede, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 26:2795-802. 2005..Such networks, built up of non-toxic compounds and designed to release benign degradation products, may find wide application in tissue engineering and other areas of biomedical research...
- The importance of angiogenesis in the interaction between polymeric biomaterials and surrounding tissueDorothee Rickert
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University of Ulm, Prittwitzstr 43, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 28:175-81. 2003....
- Polylactones 57. Biodegradable networks based on A-B-A triblock segments containing poly(ethylene glycol)s-syntheses and drug release propertiesHans R Kricheldorf
, Bundesstr. 45, D-20146 Hamburg, Germany
Biomacromolecules 4:950-5. 2003..A strong initial burst was found in all cases. Only a weak initial burst and a more continuous release was observed when networks of random L-lactide/epsilon-caprolactone copolymers were studied under the same conditions...
- Biodegradable self-assembling PEG-copolymer as vehicle for poorly water-soluble drugsLouisa Ould-Ouali
, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Brussels, Belgium
Pharm Res 21:1581-90. 2004..They are very promising vehicles for the oral delivery of poorly water-soluble drugs...
- CAPROSYN*, another major advance in synthetic monofilament absorbable sutureAngela Pineros-Fernandez
University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908-1351, USA
J Long Term Eff Med Implants 14:359-68. 2004....
- Creep-resistant porous structures based on stereo-complex forming triblock copolymers of 1,3-trimethylene carbonate and lactidesZheng Zhang
Institute for Biomedical Technology (BMTI, Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
J Mater Sci Mater Med 15:381-5. 2004..After prolonged compressive deformation, solid and porous poly(ST-TMC-ST) discs showed significantly better recovery behaviour than poly(TMC) discs...
- Macroporous poly(L-lactide) scaffold 1. Preparation of a macroporous scaffold by liquid--liquid phase separation of a PLLA--dioxane--water systemFeng Jun Hua
Center for Advanced Functional Polymers, Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Kyungki 440-746, Korea
J Biomed Mater Res 63:161-7. 2002..This gelation effect was greater at high polymer concentrations and low quenching temperatures. The macroporous expected scaffold could be optimized from the slow development of phase separation during the long coarsening process...
- Different substitute biomaterials as potential scaffolds in tissue engineeringLjubinko Petrovic
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 21:225-31. 2006..In this study, the suitability of different alloplastic and xenogenic biomaterials as scaffolds for ex vivo osteoblast cultivation was investigated...
- Biodegradable polycarbonate-b-polypeptide and polyester-b-polypeptide block copolymers: synthesis and nanoparticle formation towards biomaterialsMaude Le Hellaye
Laboratoire de Chimie des Polymeres Organiques, LCPO, Université Bordeaux 1 CNRS ENSCPB, 16 Avenue Pey Berland, 33607 Pessac Cedex, France
Biomacromolecules 9:1924-33. 2008..Finally, their enzymatic degradation revealed that PTMC nanoparticles degraded faster than those made of PCL...
- Mechanical strength and stiffness of biodegradable and titanium osteofixation systemsGerrit J Buijs
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:2148-58. 2007..To present relevant mechanical data to simplify the selection of an osteofixation system for situations requiring immobilization in oral and maxillofacial surgery...
- Thermoplastic elastomers based on poly(lactide)-poly(trimethylene carbonate-co-caprolactone)-poly(lactide) triblock copolymers and their stereocomplexesZ Zhang
Institute for Biomedical Technology, Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
J Control Release 116:e29-31. 2006
- Resorbable plates for the fixation of mandibular fractures: a prospective studyRobert M Laughlin
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, New Orleans, LA, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:89-96. 2007....
- Loading and release of ibuprofen in multi- and monofilament surgical suturesRaül Zurita
Departament d Enginyeria Quimica, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Av Diagonal 647, E 08028, Barcelona, Spain
Macromol Biosci 6:767-75. 2006..This coating solubilizes ibuprofen molecules well and can be used for braided sutures or when a rapid dose of ibuprofen is preferred...
- [Biological properties study and animal experiment of polylactide/polytrimethylene carbonate blends membrane]Xiaoqiang Yang
Research Institute of Daily Chemistry of China, Taiyuan 030024, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 23:578-82. 2006..In the experimental application of this member to preventing adhesion after rabbit intestine operation, the membrane demonstrated good effect. In conclusion, PLA/PTMC blends membrane is a material with good biocompatibility...
- Enhanced extracellular matrix production and differentiation of human embryonic germ cell derivatives in biodegradable poly(epsilon-caprolactone-co-ethyl ethylene phosphate) scaffoldEvelyn K F Yim
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Acta Biomater 2:365-76. 2006..The study showed that the polymer substrate could influence the differentiation and growth of pluripotent stem cells in the absence of exogenous biochemical signals...
- Enzymatic surface erosion of poly(trimethylene carbonate) films studied by atomic force microscopyZheng Zhang
Institute for Biomedical Technology (BMTI) and Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
Biomacromolecules 6:3404-9. 2005..Friction images showed differences in surface properties between the recessed and protruding lines in the pattern...
- [Clinical and histopathological study of tissue reactivity to monofilament suture materials: nylon and poliglecaprone 25 in rats]Camila Maria Beder Ribeiro
Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, PE, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 20:284-91. 2005..The external sutures done with poliglecaprone 25 showed a greater tissue reaction; on the external sutures the tissue reaction decreased while the thread was being absorbed...
- Surface functionalization of degradable polymers by covalent graftingMartina Källrot
School of Chemical Science and Engineering, Royal Institute of Technology, Fibre and Polymer Technology, SE 100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Biomaterials 27:1788-96. 2006....
- Fabrication of porous particulate for the scaffold by applying solution spraying methodHideki Tamasaki
Division of Dental Anesthesiology, Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Dent Mater J 24:76-82. 2005..Based on the results of the present study, we concluded that PLLA particulates of varying morphologies could be obtained by adjusting the fabrication conditions...
- Copolymerizations of epsilon-caprolactone and glycolide-a comparison of tin(II)octanoate and bismuth(III)subsalicylate as initiatorsHans R Kricheldorf
Institut fur Technische und Makromolekulare Chemie, Bundesstr 45, D 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Biomacromolecules 6:1345-52. 2005..Time-conversion curves and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry of homopolymerization suggest that SnOct(2) is the more efficient transesterification catalyst. A hypothetical reaction mechanism is discussed...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of benzodioxanylpiperazine derivatives as potent serotonin 5-HT(1A) antagonists: the discovery of LecozotanWayne E Childers
Chemical and Screening Sciences and Neuroscience, Wyeth Research, CN 8000, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 8000, USA
J Med Chem 48:3467-70. 2005..Compound 11c (Lecozotan) was selected for further development and is currently in clinical trials...
- Lightweight partially absorbable monofilament mesh (polypropylene/poliglecaprone 25) for TAPP inguinal hernia repair: initial experienceFerdinando Agresta
Department of General Surgery, Ospedale Civile, Via Forlanini, 71, 31029 Vittorio Veneto, Italy
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 17:91-4. 2007....
- Fibroblast culture on surface-modified poly(glycolide-co-epsilon-caprolactone) scaffold for soft tissue regenerationI K Kwon
Biomaterials Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Cheongryang, Seoul
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 12:1147-60. 2001..These results demonstrate that surface-modified PGCL scaffold can provide a suitable substrate for fibroblast culture, especially in the case of soft tissue regenerations...
- Liquid acrylate-endcapped biodegradable poly(epsilon-caprolactone-co-trimethylene carbonate). I. Preparation and visible light-induced photocuring characteristicsManabu Mizutani
Department of Bioengineering, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5-7-1 Fujishiro-dai, Suita, Osaka 565-8565, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res 62:387-94. 2002..Cylindrical photocured constructs prepared by photoirradiation to the whole body in a mold filled with the liquid copolymer was demonstrated as an example of shape fabrication of biodegradable biomedical devices...
- Liquid acrylate-endcapped biodegradable poly(epsilon-caprolactone-co-trimethylene carbonate). II. Computer-aided stereolithographic microarchitectural surface photoconstructsTakehisa Matsuda
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res 62:395-403. 2002..Anti-inflammatory drug (indomethacin) loading into microneedle-structured surfaces minimized inflammatory reactions. The possible biomedical microarchitectural three dimensinal in biomedical application photoconstructs was discussed...
- Multiblock copolymers of L-lactide and trimethylene carbonateDoris Pospiech
Institut fur Technische und Makromolekulare Chemie, Bundesstrasse 45, D 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Biomacromolecules 6:439-46. 2005..Stress-strain measurements showed the elastomeric character of these biodegradable multiblock copolymers, particularly in copolymers having epsilon-caprolactone as comonomer in the poly(TMC) blocks...
- Safety and efficacy of the use of bioabsorbable seamguard in colorectal surgery at the Texas endosurgery instituteMorris E Franklin
Texas Endosurgery Institute, San Antonio, TX 78222, USA
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 15:9-13. 2005..The use of BSG as a staple-line reinforcer appears to be safe and may be useful in preventing anastomotic leakage, bleeding, and intraluminal stenosis...
- In vivo antibacterial efficacy of MONOCRYL plus antibacterial suture (Poliglecaprone 25 with triclosan)Xintian Ming
Corporate Microbiology and Sterilization Sciences, Ethicon Inc, Somerville, NJ 08876, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 8:209-14. 2007..This study evaluated the ability of poliglecaprone 25 suture with triclosan to inhibit bacterial colonization by Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus in mouse and guinea pig models...
- Comparison of inflammatory response to polyglytone 6211 and polyglecaprone 25 in a rat modelJohan van Heerden
Department of Plastic Surgery, Ga-Rankuwa Hospital, Pretoria, South Africa
S Afr Med J 95:972-4. 2005
- Subcuticular closure versus Dermabond: a prospective randomized trialErin F Switzer
Department of Surgery, Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Fort Gordon, Georgia 30905, USA
Am Surg 69:434-6. 2003..Based on these findings we do not feel Dermabond is an acceptable alternative to subcuticular suture closure in inguinal herniorrhaphy incisions...
- Octyl-2-cyanoacrylate tissue glue (Dermabond) versus Monocryl 6 x 0 Sutures in lip closurePaul H M Spauwen
Department of Plastic Surgery, Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:625-7. 2006..To assess the value of octyl-2-cyanoacrylate tissue glue in lip closure versus Monocryl stitches...
- Tying a loop-to-strand suture: is it safe?Jason Hurt
Division of Gynecologic Pelvic Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:1094-7. 2005..This study was undertaken to evaluate the integrity of the loop-to-strand knot when tied with square and nonidentical sliding knots...
- [Tracheal anastomosis: monofilament absorbable suture versus monofilament non-absorbable suture. Experimental study in rats]D S Lazard
Service ORL et Chirurgie Cervico Faciale, Hopital Foch, 40 rue Worth, 92151 Suresnes
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 121:156-60. 2004..A multifilament absorbable suture is usually used. The aim of this experimental work on rats was to study the benefits of using a monofilament absorbable suture with high initial resistance...
- Laparoscopic suturing: effect of instrument handling on suture strengthSimon V Bariol
Scottish Lithotriptor Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
J Endourol 19:1127-33. 2005..Also, the ideal suturing technique (interrupted v continuous) according to the physical characteristics of the suture material and the optimal length for laparoscopic sutures were determined...
- Strength and knot security of braided polyester and caprolactone/glycolide sutureChristopher Bibbo
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Marshfield Clinic, 1000 North Oak Avenue, Marshfield, WI 54449, USA
Foot Ankle Int 25:712-5. 2004..This study compared the security of the knots and ultimate tensile strength of braided caprolactone/glycolide suture to that of a commonly used suture material, braided polyester (Ethibondtrade mark)...
- Investigation of the role of the serotonergic activity of certain subtype-selective alpha1A antagonists in the relaxant effect on the pregnant rat uterus in vitroAttila Mihalyi
University of Szeged, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacodynamics and Biopharmacy, H 6720 Szeged, Eotvos u 6, Hungary
Mol Hum Reprod 9:475-80. 2003..It is proposed that novel alpha(1A) antagonists should be designed with no 5-HT(1A) activity to achieve maximal relaxant effect...
- Series spiral advancement flap: an alternative to the ellipseP J Weber
Division of Dermatology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Dermatol Surg 27:64-6. 2001..Proper patient and lesion selection aids in obtaining an acceptable outcome. CONCLUSION: The series spiral advancement flap has the potential to become a useful and common surgical technique...
- Control of pore size in L-lactide/epsilon-caprolactone copolymer foams for tissue regeneration by the freeze-drying methodHiroyuki Nakao
Division of Biomaterials Science, Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka University, 1-8 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
Dent Mater J 22:262-71. 2003..This suggests that the higher cooling rate due to lower cooling temperature can produce smaller ice-crystals and result in smaller pores...
- Bioreabsorbable polymer scaffold as temporary meniscal prosthesisAna Paula Testa Pezzin
State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Artif Organs 27:428-31. 2003....
- Triclosan release from coated polyglycolide threadsRaül Zurita
Departament d Enginyeria Quimica, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Macromol Biosci 6:58-69. 2006..Partition and diffusion coefficients are also estimated...
- Photo-polymerized microarchitectural constructs prepared by microstereolithography (muSL) using liquid acrylate-end-capped trimethylene carbonate-based prepolymersIl Keun Kwon
Division of Biomedical Engineering, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyushu University, 3-1-1 Maidashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka 812-8582, Japan
Biomaterials 26:1675-84. 2005..In this paper, we discuss their potential biomedical applications...
- New assumptions about oxidative processes involved in steroid hormone biosynthesis: is the role of cytochrome P-450-activated dioxygen limited to hydroxylation reactions or are dioxygen insertion reactions also possible?Seymour Lieberman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Institute for Health Sciences, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, 432 West 58th Street, New York, NY 10019, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 94:405-20. 2005..by a computer program, suggest that the oxidized intermediates resemble hydroperoxides or cyclic peroxides (1,2-dioxanes)...
- A review of taste and odour events in Barcelona's drinking water area (1990-2004)M R Boleda
AGBAR, Aigues de Barcelona Avinguda Diagonal, 211, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
Water Sci Technol 55:217-21. 2007..Events produced by creosote, dioxanes and dioxolanes, dicylopentadiene, and diacetyl, among the anthropogenic compounds; geosmin, MIB and iodinated ..
- Dihydroxylation of 4-substituted 1,2-dioxines: a concise route to branched erythro sugarsTony V Robinson
Department of Chemistry, The University of Adelaide, South Australia 5005, Australia
J Org Chem 74:5093-6. 2009..The asymmetric dihydroxylation of 1,2-dioxines was examined, providing access to optically enriched dihydroxy 1,2-dioxanes 4...
- A novel method for the determination of total 1,3-octanediols in apple juice via 1,3-dioxanes by solid-phase microextraction and high-speed gas chromatographyDaniel Díaz Llorente
Departamento de Quimica Fisica y Analitica, Universidad de Oviedo, c Julian Claveria 8, E 33006 Oviedo, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1217:2993-9. 2010..for the analysis of total 1,3-octanediols in apple juices by means of derivatization reaction to volatile 1,3-dioxanes. The derivatization reaction, SPME conditions, glycosidically bound fraction and 1,3-nonanediol as a surrogate ..
- Stereoselective hydroformylation: key step for the assembly of polypropionate subunitsB Breit
Organisch Chemisches Institut, Ruprecht Karls Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 270, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Org Chem 66:4870-7. 2001An anti-selective hydroformylation of 2-propylidene-substituted 1,3-dioxanes 16, 17, and 26 with excellent levels of acyclic stereocontrol has been achieved...
- Electrospun shikonin-loaded PCL/PTMC composite fiber mats with potential biomedical applicationsJie Han
College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Donghua University, 2999 North Renmin Road, Shanghai, 201620, PR China
Int J Pharm 382:215-21. 2009....
- B-HT 920 stimulates postsynaptic D2 dopamine receptors in the normal rat: electrophysiological and behavioral evidenceP A Johansen
Department of Psychiatry, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
Life Sci 43:515-24. 1988..Taken together, these electrophysiological and behavioral findings indicate that B-HT 920 possesses the properties of a selective D2 DA receptor agonist and cannot be considered as a DA autoreceptor-selective compound...
- Sympathetic neurotransmission in the rat testicular capsule: functional characterization and identification of mRNA encoding alpha1-adrenoceptor subtypesNeide Hyppolito Jurkiewicz
Department of Pharmacology, , 04044-020, , Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 543:141-50. 2006..The fact that the functional alpha(1D)-adrenoceptor could not be detected in spite of the presence of the corresponding mRNA, remains to be investigated...
- Risk of gastrojejunal anastomotic stricture with multifilament and monofilament sutures after hand-sewn laparoscopic gastric bypass: a prospective cohort studyJuan Carlos Ruiz de Adana
Cirugia General y Digestivo, Hospital Universitario de Getafe, Crta Toledo Km 12 5, 28905 Getafe, Madrid, Spain
Obes Surg 19:1274-7. 2009..The object of this study was to assess the risk of stricture for two types of resorbable suture (multifilament and monofilament) in a series of LRYGBPs performed by the same surgeon...
- [Interaction of rilmenidine with renal imidazoline-guanidine sites]V Lachaud
, , , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:15-8. 1989..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Noradrenergic mechanisms in hippocampal kindling with rapidly recurring seizuresM Kokaia
Department of Medical Cell Research, University of Lund, Sweden
Brain Res 491:398-402. 1989..We conclude that central noradrenergic neurons exert a powerful suppressant action, most probably mediated via an alpha 2 adrenergic receptor, on seizure development in rapid hippocampal kindling...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2 inhibitors from Clinopodium chinense var. parviflorumToshihiro Murata
Tohoku Pharmaceutical University, 4 4 1 Komatsushima, Aoba ku, Sendai 981 8558, Japan
J Nat Prod 72:1379-84. 2009..The structures of these new compounds were elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic analysis. Clinopodic acid C (4) showed MMP-2 inhibitory activity (IC(50) 3.26 microM)...
- Comparison of hemostatic properties between collagen and synthetic buttress materials used in staple line reinforcement in a swine splenic hemorrhage modelDavid Spector
Department of Surgery, Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington St, Box 437, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Surg Endosc 25:1148-52. 2011..This study examined the intrinsic hemostatic properties of two different types of material used in buttressing in an accepted hemostasis model that does not involve stapling or its effects by compression...
- Combined administration of 5-HT2 and thromboxane A2 antagonists: effects on platelet aggregation and isolated cardiac muscleL A Shaw
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Liverpool
Br J Pharmacol 121:875-82. 1997....
- An efficient method for the synthesis of enol ethers and enecarbamates. Total syntheses of isoindolobenzazepine alkaloids, lennoxamine and chilenineHaruhiko Fuwa
Laboratory of Biostructural Chemistry, Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Org Biomol Chem 5:1849-53. 2007..This method has been applied to the total syntheses of two isoindolobenzazepine alkaloids, lennoxamine and chilenine...
- RS-45041-190: a selective, high-affinity ligand for I2 imidazoline receptorsC M Brown
Department of Pharmacology, Syntex Research Centre, Research Park, Riccarton, Edinburgh
Br J Pharmacol 116:1737-44. 1995..However, in the absence of a selective agonist it is unclear whether this ligand is an agonist or an antagonist at I2 receptors...
- Application of the lithium and magnesium initiators for the synthesis of glycolide, lactide, and epsilon-caprolactone copolymers biocompatible with brain tissuePiotr Dobrzynski
Centre of Polymer Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, ul Curie Skłodowskiej 34, 41 819 Zabrze, Poland
J Biomed Mater Res A 79:865-73. 2006..Complete degradation of microspheres during 6 weeks was observed after the implantation to brain tissue. All implanted copolymers are compatible with brain tissue...
- Antagonists that differentiate between alpha 2A-and alpha 2D-adrenoceptorsA U Trendelenburg
Pharmakologisches Institut, Freiburg, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 353:245-9. 1996..It is concluded that MK 912, RX 821002, efaroxan and benoxathian are antagonists with high power to differentiate alpha 2A-from alpha 2D-adrenoceptors...
- Heterogeneity of alpha 1-adrenoceptor subtypes involved in adrenergic contractions of dog blood vesselsY Kohno
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Fukui Medical School, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 112:1167-73. 1994..Regionally different expression of alpha 1-adrenoceptor subtypes may be in part associated with the regional heterogeneity of sympathetic responses in the blood vessels...
- A non-adrenergic, non-cholinergic slow inhibitory post-synaptic potential in neurones of the guinea-pig submucous plexusS Mihara
Neuropharmacology Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
J Physiol 390:357-65. 1987..6. The slow i.p.s.p. could still be recorded from submucous plexus neurones in segments of ileum which had been extrinsically denervated 6-11 days previously.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Chemo-enzymatic synthesis of degradable PTMC-b-PECA-b-PTMC triblock copolymers and their micelle formation for pH-dependent controlled releaseSachiko Kaihara
Department of Applied Chemistry, Keio University, Yokohama 223 8522, Japan
Macromol Biosci 9:613-21. 2009..A drug release study showed that the release rate increased as the pH of the buffer decreased due to the degradation of the cyclic acetal segments, indicating its high utility for pH-sensitive controlled release...
- Clazosentan: an endothelin receptor antagonist for treatment of vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhageR Loch MacDonald
University of Toronto, St Michael Hospital, Division of Neurosurgery, Keenan Research Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 17:1761-7. 2008..All patients will undergo neurosurgical aneurysm clipping and outcome will be assessed primarily based on mortality and vasospasm-related morbidity...
- Structural behavior of alcohol-1,4-dioxane mixtures through dielectric properties using TDRAshok C Kumbharkhane
School of Physical Sciences, Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded 431 606, India
J Phys Chem A 113:10196-201. 2009..The binding energies for alcohol-alcohol (pair 11) and alcohol-DX (pair 12) are estimated to be -13.98 and -16.25 kJ/mol, respectively. The results have also been compared with previous results of the ethyleneglycol-DX system...
- Enhancement of reference memory in aged rats by specific activation of 5-HT(4) receptors using an olfactory associative discrimination taskEvelyne Marchetti
Lab Neurobiologie des Processus Mnésiques UMR 6149 CNRS, Université de Provence Centre St Charles 3, place Victor Hugo 13331 Marseille Cedex 03, France
Brain Res 1405:49-56. 2011..This agent could be used to treat early mnesic deficits observed in normal aging or in neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer disease...
- Isoprostanes inhibit vascular endothelial growth factor-induced endothelial cell migration, tube formation, and cardiac vessel sprouting in vitro, as well as angiogenesis in vivo via activation of the thromboxane A(2) receptor: a potential link between oxRalf A Benndorf
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Department of Pharmacology, University Hospital Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Circ Res 103:1037-46. 2008..By this mechanism, isoprostanes may contribute directly to exacerbation of coronary heart disease and to capillary rarefaction in disease states of increased oxidative stress...
- Organocatalytic approach to amphiphilic comb-block copolymers capable of stereocomplexation and self-assemblyKazuki Fukushima
IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, California 95120, USA
Biomacromolecules 9:3051-6. 2008..3) were prepared with up to 8-PLA branches. Mixtures of the D- and L-lactide based copolymers were studied to understand the effect of noncovalent interactions or stereocomplexation on the properties...
- Design and characterization of a biodegradable composite scaffold for ligament tissue engineeringJames W S Hayami
Department of Chemical Engineering, Queen s University, Kingston, Canada
J Biomed Mater Res A 92:1407-20. 2010..On the basis of these results, it was determined that the composite scaffold design was a viable alternative to the current approaches used for ligament tissue engineering and merits further study...
- The alpha1D-adrenergic receptor induces vascular smooth muscle apoptosis via a p53-dependent mechanismMary L Garcia-Cazarin
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, The University of Kentucky College of Medicine, 800 Rose St, UKMC MS 305, Lexington, KY 40536 0084, USA
Mol Pharmacol 74:1000-7. 2008..The data also provide evidence of a linkage between the alpha1D-AR and p53...
- Alpha 2-adrenergic receptors are involved in the suppression of luteinizing hormone release during acute fasting in the ovariectomized estradiol-primed ratsF R Cagampang
Laboratory of Animal Reproduction, School of Agricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Japan
Neuroendocrinology 56:724-8. 1992..We conclude from these results that the suppression of LH release during acute fasting is mediated by alpha 2-adrenergic receptors but not alpha 1- or beta-adrenergic receptors...
- Effect of different suture materials on cartilage reshapingSeree Iamphongsai
Department of Plastic Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Aesthet Surg J 29:93-7. 2009..Suturing techniques are one of the most commonly used means to reshape the nasal cartilage; however, no data exist regarding the optimal suture material and its long-term effect...
- Determination of 1,4-dioxane in household detergents and cleanersAkiko Tanabe
Niigata University of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 265 1 Higashijima, Akiha ku, Niigata 956 8603, Japan
J AOAC Int 91:439-44. 2008..2 mg/kg, which was higher than the 0.39 mg/kg mean for the other surfactants. Moreover, the 1,4-dioxane load/person was estimated to be 0.061 mg/day/person in Japan, which was 27% of the load from the domestic effluent...
- Discovery of a novel class of 1,3-dioxane-2-carboxylic acid derivatives as subtype-selective peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) agonistsTomiyoshi Aoki
Discovery Research Laboratories, Nippon Shinyaku Co, Ltd, 14 Nishinosho Monguchi cho, Kisshoin, Minami Ku, Kyoto 601 8550, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:2128-32. 2008..This compound exhibited a substantial hypolipidemic effect in type 2 diabetic KK-A(y) mice...
- Polymeric scaffolds prepared via thermally induced phase separation: tuning of structure and morphologyF Carfì Pavia
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Chimica dei Processi e dei Materiali, Universita di Palermo, Viale delle Scienze, 90128 Palermo, Italy
J Biomed Mater Res A 86:459-66. 2008..30% in 30 days) related to the degradation of the amorphous part, followed by a negligible weight loss in the next days (few percent from 30 to 60 days)...
- Central and peripheral effects of prostaglandin E2 and enprostil on gastric acid secretion in the ratD Sautereau
INSERM U239, Faculte X Bichat, Paris, France
Eur J Pharmacol 195:217-24. 1991..alpha 2-Adrenoceptors are not essential for the effect of i.c.v. prostanoids on gastric acid secretion...
- Torsion strength of biodegradable and titanium screws: a comparisonGerrit J Buijs
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:2142-7. 2007....
- Enantioselective synthesis of homo-N-nucleosides containing a 1,4-dioxane sugar analogQiang Yu
Department of Chemistry, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, N 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Molecules 13:2962-74. 2008....
- Involvement of signal transducing GTP-binding proteins in renal artery alpha 1-adrenoceptor mediated smooth muscle contractionA J Karsten
CTT-Klinik, Lebach, Germany
BJU Int 93:622-5. 2004..2%). CONCLUSION: These results suggest a coupling of alpha 1A-adrenoceptors in renal vascular tissue to the heterotrimeric Gs-protein and to heterotrimeric G-proteins of the G1- and/or G0-family in the phenylephrine-induced contraction...
- Sweet surrender to chemical geneticsDerek S Tan
Nat Biotechnol 20:561-3. 2002
- A comparison of 2 different suture patterns for skin closure of canine ovariohysterectomyAnne Sylvestre
Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1
Can Vet J 43:699-702. 2002..Furthermore, by obviating the need for suture removal, use of the BCS pattern may eliminate the requirement for this return appointment...
- Structural and catalytic response to temperature and cosolvents of carboxylesterase EST1 from the extremely thermoacidophilic archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus P1Amitabh C Sehgal
Department of Chemical Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695-7905, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 80:784-93. 2002..Thus, in addition to their use for solubilizing hydrophobic substrates in water, cosolvents may also serve as activators in applications involving thermostable biocatalysts at sub-optimal temperatures...
- Evaluation of the biodegradation potential of 1,4-dioxane in river, soil and activated sludge samplesKazunari Sei
Division of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering, Osaka University, 2 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Biodegradation 21:585-91. 2010..However, most of the samples (14/20) were not able to degrade 1,4-dioxane degradation. Thus, it can be concluded that the potential for 1,4-dioxane degradation is not ubiquitously distributed in natural environment...
- Comparison of closure of gastric perforation ulcers with biodegradable lactide-glycolide-caprolactone or omental patchesMarietta J O E Bertleff
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Academic Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
JSLS 13:550-4. 2009..This technique could have utility in laparoscopic repair, as it does not require sutures or mobilization of the omentum...
- The 5-HT1A receptor agonist MKC-242 increases the exploratory activity of mice in the elevated plus-mazeMasaki Sakaue
Laboratory of Molecular Neuropharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1-6 Yamada-oka, Suita, 565-0871, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 458:141-4. 2003..These findings suggest that MKC-242 increases the exploratory activity of mice in the elevated plus-maze via activation of 5-HT(1A) receptors, probably the presynaptic autoreceptors...
- Mechanisms involved in the pressor response to noradrenaline injection into the cingulate cortex of unanesthetized ratsK B P Fernandes
Department of Pharmacology, , , SP, 14090-900, Brazil
Neuropharmacology 44:757-63. 2003..The present results indicate that the pressor response to local injection of NA within the CC is independent of sympathetic nerve activation and is mediated by vasopressin release...
- Structural biasing elements for in-cell histone deacetylase paralog selectivityJason C Wong
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard Institute of Chemistry and Cell Biology, and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:5586-7. 2003We use the structural dissection of two 1,3-dioxanes with in-cell histone deacetylase (HDAC) paralog selectivity to identify key elements for selective HDAC inhibitors...
- Calcium entry blockade as a mechanism for chlordimeform-induced inhibition of motor activity in the isolated guinea-pig ileumS M Candura
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pavia, Italy
Pharmacol Toxicol 71:426-33. 1992..On the whole, these results indicate that chlordimeform-induced depression of motor activity in the guinea-pig ileum is, at least in part, related to inhibition of transmembrane Ca2+ fluxes responsible for smooth muscle contraction...
- The contribution of chemical exchange to MRI frequency shifts in brain tissueKarin Shmueli
Advanced MRI Section, Laboratory of Functional and Molecular Imaging, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Magn Reson Med 65:35-43. 2011..The exchange-dependent contribution may report on tissue chemical composition and pH...
Research Grants111 found, 100 shown here
- 4-ACETOXY-1, 3-DIOXANES IN MACROLIDE SYNTHESISScott Rychnovsky; Fiscal Year: 2001..The methods developed in this grant will set a new standard for efficiency and convergence in the synthesis of highly oxygenated natural products, and will be applicable to the synthesis of other compounds of biological interest. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF MACROCYCLES STEROIDS CYCLOPENTANOIDS ETCBARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2001..Ring expansion methods may convert these cores into the taxoid skeleton with appropriate functionality at key points for analog development. ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO ANTITUMOR AND ANTIVIRAL AGENTSBARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2000..Equally important, new avenues to vary structure around these cores in order to establish structure-activity relationships with the aim to create better therapeutic agents become available. ..
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 1999..Results will provide a basis for understanding the failure of mechanisms for ventilatory neurogenesis, in apneas of neonates and adults. ..
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2007..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such information might provide insights into dysfunctions of the control of ventilation in humans, such as in "sleep apnea" or the "sudden infant death syndrome." ..
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2006..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- Novel Approaches for Antitumor and Antiviral AgentsBarry M Trost; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal helps to address this key challenge by developing the underlying initial technology within classes of compounds having demonstrably antitumor or antiviral activities. ..
- Synthesis of Macrolides. Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etcBARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2005..This new concept sets the stage for solutions to a long standing problem, the ion channel blockers, the grayanotoxins. as well as the more recently discovered rameswaralide, a potent antiinflamatory. ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CHRONIC CEREBRAL VASOSPASMRobert MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO ANTITUMOR AND ANTIVIRAL AGENTSBARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2004..By accessing a very diverse range of structural types, the best opportunities to discover new therapeutic agents arise. ..
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such information might provide insights into dysfunctions of the control of ventilation in humans, such as in "sleep apneas" or the "sudden infant death syndrome." ..
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- NOVEL SYNTHETIC APPROACHES TO ANTITUMOR COMPOUNDSBARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 1992..A strategy to one family of tumor promoters represented by teleocidin explores the concept of chemical chameleons. In most cases, the strategy also considers the problem of absolute stereochemistry...
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO ANTITUMOR AND ANTIVIRAL AGENTSBARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 1993..The diversity of the challenges posed by antiviral and antitumor agents represent highly meaningful tests of their use...
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 1990..We believe that results of studies proposed herein will provide significant insights into the mechanisms responsible for the neurogenesis of automatic ventilatory activity...
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CHRONIC CEREBRAL VASOSPASMRobert MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Small-Molecule Probes for Conditional Modulation of the Synapse ProteomeStephen Haggarty; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the future chemical biology in general, and chemical genetics in particular, will play an important role in catalyzing new discoveries and potentially insight into function of the nervous system. ..
- THIOREDOXIN INHIBITION OF APOPTOSIS AND CANCER TREATMENTGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2006..The objective of our studies is to investigate mechanisms for Trx inhibition of apoptosis and develop novel inhibitors of Trx we have identified as potential agents for the treatment of cancer ..
- Cancer Drugs Active Against Stress Signaling PathwaysGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Survival Signals for Molecular Target AssessmentGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2006..The work will provide important insights into the way these new types of agents can be developed and how their clinical trial should be conducted. ..
- THIOREDOXIN INHIBITION OF APOPTOSIS AND CANCER TREATMENTGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The objective of our studies is to investigate mechanisms for Trx inhibition of apoptosis and develop novel inhibitors of Trx we have identified as potential agents for the treatment of cancer. city, state) ..
- Rotator cuff repair using hyaluronan enriched fascia extracellular matrixKathleen Derwin; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Redox Signaling and Cancer Drug ActionGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The role of the pathways in human cancer will be confirmed to allow the identification of new molecular targets for cancer drug discovery and new strategies to treat cancer. ..
- THIOREDOXIN REDUCTASES AND CANCERGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- THIOREDOXIN INHIBITION OF APOPTOSIS AND CANCER TREATMENTGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2003..The objective of our studies is to investigate mechanisms for Trx inhibition of apoptosis and develop novel inhibitors of Trx we have identified as potential agents for the treatment of cancer ..
- Small-molecule probes of chromatin-mediated neuroplasticityStephen Haggarty; Fiscal Year: 2009..These multidisciplinary studies will shed new light on molecular mechanisms of brain plasticity and the relevance of these mechanisms to the development of novel therapeutics for their treatment of memory and mood disorders. ..
- Chemoprevention by a Targeted Thioredoxin Inhibitor.Garth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The information obtained will be used for the clinical development of PX-12 as a cancer preventive agent for patients at high risk or with early disease. ..
- Clinically relevant large animal model of rotator cuff injury and repairKathleen Derwin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successful development of this model would lead to important studies of critical factors thought to affect the outcome of this common clinical problem such as surgical technique, tear morphology and timing. ..
- Synthesis of Bioactive SubstancesJeffrey Winkler; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Inhibitors of Akt Signaling in Pancreatic CancerGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2009..The PtdIns-3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway is upregulated in many pancreatic cancers making it an ideal target for drugs to treat the disease. ..
- THIOREDOXIN INHIBITION OF APOPTOSIS AND CANCER TREATMENTGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will focus on human leukemia, but the findings will be applicable to other forms of human cancer where thioredoxin is over- expressed. ..