Genomes and Genes
Summary: 1,4-Diethylene dioxides. Industrial solvents. According to the Fourth Annual Report on Carcinogens (NTP 85-002, 1985), dioxane itself may "reasonably be anticipated to be a carcinogen." (Merck Index, 11th ed)
Publications180 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of novel biodegradable cyclic carbonate polyester copolymers for cytocompatibility using MRC-5 cellsJ Longino
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Biomed Sci Instrum 39:306-11. 2003..Although both copolymers are non-cytotoxic, the sample having the higher MBC content is the preferred composition based upon MDA levels and morphological evaluations...
- [Comparison of five synthetic absorbable suture materials in intestinal anastomosis: experimental study in rats]Carlo De Werra
Cattedra di Chirurgia Generale, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Napoli
Chir Ital 55:227-33. 2003..A general assessment showed better results for polyglycolic acid and Glycomer 631, while the other three materials presented slightly inferior performance, particularly polygalactic acid (inferior stitch resistance)...
- Patient age and vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhageMats Ryttlefors
Department of Neuroscience, Section for Neurosurgery, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Neurosurgery 67:911-7. 2010..Subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) from a ruptured intracranial aneurysm is a devastating disease with high mortality and morbidity. The incidence of SAH increases with advancing age...
- Dissociation of vasospasm and secondary effects of experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage by clazosentanMohammed Sabri
Division of Neurosurgery, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5B 1W8
Stroke 42:1454-60. 2011....
- Clazosentan, an endothelin receptor antagonist, prevents early hypoperfusion during the acute phase of massive experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage: a laser Doppler flowmetry study in ratsGerrit A Schubert
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
J Neurosurg 109:1134-40. 2008..The purpose of this study was to further determine the role of ET in the first minutes to hours after massive experimental SAH induced by prophylactic treatment with the ET receptor antagonist clazosentan...
- Novel substituted 4-phenyl-[1,3]dioxanes: potent and selective orexin receptor 2 (OX(2)R) antagonistsLaura C McAtee
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, LLC, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:4225-9. 2004..Herein we describe a series of novel, selective OX(2)R antagonists consisting of substituted 4-phenyl-[1,3]dioxanes. One such antagonist is compound 9, 1-(2,4-dibromo-phenyl)-3-((4S,5S)-2,2-dimethyl-4-phenyl-[1,3]dioxan-5-yl)-..
- Synthesis of dioxane-based antiviral agents and evaluation of their biological activities as inhibitors of Sindbis virus replicationHa Young Kim
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, The Purdue Cancer Center, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 15:2667-79. 2007..4 microM as an inhibitor of Sindbis virus replication. Both compounds were not cytotoxic in uninfected BHK cells at concentrations of 1mM...
- Design, synthesis, and evaluation of dioxane-based antiviral agents targeted against the Sindbis virus capsid proteinHa Young Kim
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, The Purdue Cancer Center, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:3207-11. 2005..Both compounds were not cytotoxic in uninfected BHK cells at concentrations of 1mM...
- Palladium(II)-catalyzed cyclization of unsaturated hydroperoxides for the synthesis of 1,2-dioxanesJason R Harris
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 2025, USA
Org Lett 11:3290-3. 2009..of gamma,delta-unsaturated tertiary hydroperoxides in the presence of a palladium(II) catalyst afforded 1,2-dioxanes resembling biologically active natural products...
- Effects of the selective endothelin A (ET(A)) receptor antagonist Clazosentan on cerebral perfusion and cerebral oxygenation following severe subarachnoid hemorrhage - preliminary results from a randomized clinical seriesM Barth
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty for Clinical Medicine of the Karl Ruprecht University of Heidelberg, University Hospital Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149:911-8; discussion 918. 2007..To study the effects of clazosentan, a new selective endothelin receptor subtype A antagonist, on cerebral perfusion and cerebral oxygenation following severe aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage (aSAH)...
- Interobserver variability in the interpretation of computed tomography following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageGeorge M Ibrahim
Division of Neurosurgery, St Michael s Hospital, Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Neurosurg 115:1191-6. 2011..Numerous abnormal findings may be evident on CT scans after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH). Here, the authors assess the interobserver variability in the radiological interpretation of the initial CT scan following SAH...
- Three-year follow-up of modified Lichtenstein inguinal hernioplasty using lightweight poliglecaprone/polypropylene meshM Smietanski
Department of General and Endocrine Surgery and Transplantation, Medical University of Gdansk, ul Debinki 7, 80 211, Gdansk, Poland
Hernia 13:239-42. 2009....
- Modular synthesis and preliminary biological evaluation of stereochemically diverse 1,3-dioxanesJason C Wong
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Chem Biol 11:1279-91. 2004Modular synthesis and substrate stereocontrol were combined to furnish 18,000 diverse 1,3-dioxanes whose distribution in chemical space rivals that of a reference set of over 2,000 bioactive small molecules...
- Randomized clinical trial comparing a polypropylene with a poliglecaprone and polypropylene composite mesh for inguinal hernioplastyM Smietanski
Department of General and Endocrine Surgery and Transplantation, Medical University of Gdansk, 7 Debinki Street, 80 211 Gdansk, Poland
Br J Surg 95:1462-8. 2008..The aim was to assess whether a partially absorbable monofilament mesh could influence postoperative pain and time to return to normal activity after Lichtenstein hernioplasty...
- In vivo behavior of poly(1,3-trimethylene carbonate) and copolymers of 1,3-trimethylene carbonate with D,L-lactide or epsilon-caprolactone: Degradation and tissue responseA P Pêgo
Institute for Biomedical Technology BMTI and Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Twente, PO Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
J Biomed Mater Res A 67:1044-54. 2003....
- Tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of clazosentan, a parenteral endothelin receptor antagonistPaul L M van Giersbergen
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Gewerbestrasse 18, 4123 Allschwil, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:151-8. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate in healthy male subjects the tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of ascending doses of clazosentan, an intravenous endothelin receptor antagonist...
- Split--pool synthesis of 1,3-dioxanes leading to arrayed stock solutions of single compounds sufficient for multiple phenotypic and protein-binding assaysS M Sternson
Harvard Institute of Chemistry and Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Chem Soc 123:1740-7. 2001..We have developed a split--pool synthesis leading to an array of stock solutions of single 1,3-dioxanes. The quantities of compounds are sufficient for hundreds of phenotypic and protein-binding assays...
- Influence of polyglecaprone 25 (Monocryl) supplementation on the biocompatibility of a polypropylene mesh for hernia repairK Junge
Department of Surgery, Technical University of Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Hernia 9:212-7. 2005..This study was designed to evaluate the influence of this additional supplementation on the biocompatibility in a rodent animal model...
- The in vivo and in vitro degradation behavior of poly(trimethylene carbonate)Zheng Zhang
Institute for Biomedical Technology BMTI and Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, P O Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 27:1741-8. 2006..It can be concluded that enzymatic degradation plays an important role in the surface erosion of PTMC in vivo...
- Endoperoxide derivatives from marine organisms: 1,2-dioxanes of the plakortin family as novel antimalarial agentsCaterina Fattorusso
Dipartimento di Chimica delle Sostanze Naturali, Universita di Napoli Federico II, via D Montesano 49, 80131 Napoli, Italy
J Med Chem 49:7088-94. 2006..a series of semisynthetic derivatives in order to gain insights into the structural requirements of simple 1,2-dioxanes for exhibiting antimalarial activity...
- Enzymatic surface erosion of poly(trimethylene carbonate) films studied by atomic force microscopyZheng Zhang
Institute for Biomedical Technology BMTI and Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
Biomacromolecules 6:3404-9. 2005..Friction images showed differences in surface properties between the recessed and protruding lines in the pattern...
- [Biological properties study and animal experiment of polylactide/polytrimethylene carbonate blends membrane]Xiaoqiang Yang
Research Institute of Daily Chemistry of China, Taiyuan 030024, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 23:578-82. 2006..In the experimental application of this member to preventing adhesion after rabbit intestine operation, the membrane demonstrated good effect. In conclusion, PLA/PTMC blends membrane is a material with good biocompatibility...
- Creep-resistant porous structures based on stereo-complex forming triblock copolymers of 1,3-trimethylene carbonate and lactidesZheng Zhang
Institute for Biomedical Technology BMTI, Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
J Mater Sci Mater Med 15:381-5. 2004..After prolonged compressive deformation, solid and porous poly(ST-TMC-ST) discs showed significantly better recovery behaviour than poly(TMC) discs...
- The importance of angiogenesis in the interaction between polymeric biomaterials and surrounding tissueDorothee Rickert
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University of Ulm, Prittwitzstr 43, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 28:175-81. 2003....
- Evaluation of the tensile strengths of four monofilament absorbable suture materials after immersion in canine urine with or without bacteriaChelsea B Greenberg
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Am J Vet Res 65:847-53. 2004..To evaluate the tensile strength, elongation, and degradation of 4 monofilament absorbable suture materials that undergo degradation by hydrolysis in specimens of canine urine with various physical characteristics...
- Loading and release of ibuprofen in multi- and monofilament surgical suturesRaül Zurita
Departament d Enginyeria Quimica, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Av Diagonal 647, E 08028, Barcelona, Spain
Macromol Biosci 6:767-75. 2006..This coating solubilizes ibuprofen molecules well and can be used for braided sutures or when a rapid dose of ibuprofen is preferred...
- Polylactones 57. Biodegradable networks based on A-B-A triblock segments containing poly(ethylene glycol)s-syntheses and drug release propertiesHans R Kricheldorf
Institut fur Technische und Makromolekulare Chemie, Bundesstr 45, D 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Biomacromolecules 4:950-5. 2003..A strong initial burst was found in all cases. Only a weak initial burst and a more continuous release was observed when networks of random L-lactide/epsilon-caprolactone copolymers were studied under the same conditions...
- Resorbable plates for the fixation of mandibular fractures: a prospective studyRobert M Laughlin
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, New Orleans, LA, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:89-96. 2007....
- Enhanced extracellular matrix production and differentiation of human embryonic germ cell derivatives in biodegradable poly(epsilon-caprolactone-co-ethyl ethylene phosphate) scaffoldEvelyn K F Yim
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Acta Biomater 2:365-76. 2006..The study showed that the polymer substrate could influence the differentiation and growth of pluripotent stem cells in the absence of exogenous biochemical signals...
- CAPROSYN*, another major advance in synthetic monofilament absorbable sutureAngela Pineros-Fernandez
University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 1351, USA
J Long Term Eff Med Implants 14:359-68. 2004....
- Surface functionalization of degradable polymers by covalent graftingMartina Källrot
School of Chemical Science and Engineering, Royal Institute of Technology, Fibre and Polymer Technology, SE 100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Biomaterials 27:1788-96. 2006....
- Mechanical strength and stiffness of biodegradable and titanium osteofixation systemsGerrit J Buijs
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:2148-58. 2007..To present relevant mechanical data to simplify the selection of an osteofixation system for situations requiring immobilization in oral and maxillofacial surgery...
- Thermoplastic elastomers based on poly(lactide)-poly(trimethylene carbonate-co-caprolactone)-poly(lactide) triblock copolymers and their stereocomplexesZ Zhang
Institute for Biomedical Technology, Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
J Control Release 116:e29-31. 2006
- Bacterial colonization on different suture materials--a potential risk for intraoral dentoalveolar surgeryJ E Otten
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Mund, Kiefer und Gesichtschirurgie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 74:627-35. 2005..Coccoid bacteria within biofilms were seen. The growth of Prevotella intermedia was much better on Deknalon than on Monocryl. The risk of bacteremia at the time of suture removal is discussed...
- Different substitute biomaterials as potential scaffolds in tissue engineeringLjubinko Petrovic
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 21:225-31. 2006..In this study, the suitability of different alloplastic and xenogenic biomaterials as scaffolds for ex vivo osteoblast cultivation was investigated...
- Biodegradable polycarbonate-b-polypeptide and polyester-b-polypeptide block copolymers: synthesis and nanoparticle formation towards biomaterialsMaude Le Hellaye
Laboratoire de Chimie des Polymeres Organiques, LCPO, Université Bordeaux 1 CNRS ENSCPB, 16 Avenue Pey Berland, 33607 Pessac Cedex, France
Biomacromolecules 9:1924-33. 2008..Finally, their enzymatic degradation revealed that PTMC nanoparticles degraded faster than those made of PCL...
- Preparation of biodegradable networks by photo-crosslinking lactide, epsilon-caprolactone and trimethylene carbonate-based oligomers functionalized with fumaric acid monoethyl esterDirk W Grijpma
Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Institute for Biomedical Technology BMTI, University of Twente, P O Box 217, 7500 AE, Enschede, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 26:2795-802. 2005..Such networks, built up of non-toxic compounds and designed to release benign degradation products, may find wide application in tissue engineering and other areas of biomedical research...
- Biodegradable self-assembling PEG-copolymer as vehicle for poorly water-soluble drugsLouisa Ould-Ouali
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Brussels, Belgium
Pharm Res 21:1581-90. 2004..To develop self-assembling systems increasing the solubility of poorly water-soluble drugs...
- [Clinical and histopathological study of tissue reactivity to monofilament suture materials: nylon and poliglecaprone 25 in rats]Camila Maria Beder Ribeiro
Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, PE, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 20:284-91. 2005..The aim of this experimental study was to evaluate through a clinical and histopathological analysis the tissue reactivity caused by two monofilament sutures nylon and poliglecaprone 25 on the internal and external sutures in rats...
- Comparative study of tissue response to polyglecaprone 25, polyglactin 910 and polytetrafluorethylene suture materials in ratsHugo Nary Filho
Department of Oral Surgery, School of Dentistry, Sacred Heart University USC, Bauru, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 13:86-91. 2002..Such biological behavior must be considered during the selection of the suture material to be used in oral surgery...
- Macroporous poly(L-lactide) scaffold 1. Preparation of a macroporous scaffold by liquid--liquid phase separation of a PLLA--dioxane--water systemFeng Jun Hua
Center for Advanced Functional Polymers, Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Kyungki 440 746, Korea
J Biomed Mater Res 63:161-7. 2002..This gelation effect was greater at high polymer concentrations and low quenching temperatures. The macroporous expected scaffold could be optimized from the slow development of phase separation during the long coarsening process...
- Biodegradable, elastic shape-memory polymers for potential biomedical applicationsAndreas Lendlein
mnemoScience GmbH, Pauwelsstrabetae 19, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Science 296:1673-6. 2002..A smart degradable suture was created to illustrate the potential of these shape-memory thermoplastics in biomedical applications...
- 1H and 13C NMR studies of molecular dynamics in the biocopolymer of glycolide and epsilon-caprolactoneFarhod Nozirov
Department of Macromolecular Physics, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland
Solid State Nucl Magn Reson 22:19-28. 2002..T, relaxation is dominated by trans-gauche isomerisation, with an activation energy of 34-35 kJ mol(-1)...
- Fabrication of porous particulate for the scaffold by applying solution spraying methodHideki Tamasaki
Division of Dental Anesthesiology, Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Dent Mater J 24:76-82. 2005..Based on the results of the present study, we concluded that PLLA particulates of varying morphologies could be obtained by adjusting the fabrication conditions...
- Copolymerizations of epsilon-caprolactone and glycolide-a comparison of tin(II)octanoate and bismuth(III)subsalicylate as initiatorsHans R Kricheldorf
Institut fur Technische und Makromolekulare Chemie, Bundesstr 45, D 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Biomacromolecules 6:1345-52. 2005..Time-conversion curves and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry of homopolymerization suggest that SnOct(2) is the more efficient transesterification catalyst. A hypothetical reaction mechanism is discussed...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of benzodioxanylpiperazine derivatives as potent serotonin 5-HT(1A) antagonists: the discovery of LecozotanWayne E Childers
Chemical and Screening Sciences and Neuroscience, Wyeth Research, CN 8000, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 8000, USA
J Med Chem 48:3467-70. 2005..Compound 11c (Lecozotan) was selected for further development and is currently in clinical trials...
- Lightweight partially absorbable monofilament mesh (polypropylene/poliglecaprone 25) for TAPP inguinal hernia repair: initial experienceFerdinando Agresta
Department of General Surgery, Ospedale Civile, Via Forlanini, 71, 31029 Vittorio Veneto, Italy
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 17:91-4. 2007....
- Fibroblast culture on surface-modified poly(glycolide-co-epsilon-caprolactone) scaffold for soft tissue regenerationI K Kwon
Biomaterials Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Cheongryang, Seoul
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 12:1147-60. 2001..These results demonstrate that surface-modified PGCL scaffold can provide a suitable substrate for fibroblast culture, especially in the case of soft tissue regenerations...
- Liquid acrylate-endcapped biodegradable poly(epsilon-caprolactone-co-trimethylene carbonate). I. Preparation and visible light-induced photocuring characteristicsManabu Mizutani
Department of Bioengineering, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishiro dai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res 62:387-94. 2002..Cylindrical photocured constructs prepared by photoirradiation to the whole body in a mold filled with the liquid copolymer was demonstrated as an example of shape fabrication of biodegradable biomedical devices...
- Liquid acrylate-endcapped biodegradable poly(epsilon-caprolactone-co-trimethylene carbonate). II. Computer-aided stereolithographic microarchitectural surface photoconstructsTakehisa Matsuda
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res 62:395-403. 2002..Anti-inflammatory drug (indomethacin) loading into microneedle-structured surfaces minimized inflammatory reactions. The possible biomedical microarchitectural three dimensinal in biomedical application photoconstructs was discussed...
- Multiblock copolymers of L-lactide and trimethylene carbonateDoris Pospiech
Institut fur Technische und Makromolekulare Chemie, Bundesstrasse 45, D 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Biomacromolecules 6:439-46. 2005..Stress-strain measurements showed the elastomeric character of these biodegradable multiblock copolymers, particularly in copolymers having epsilon-caprolactone as comonomer in the poly(TMC) blocks...
- Safety and efficacy of the use of bioabsorbable seamguard in colorectal surgery at the Texas endosurgery instituteMorris E Franklin
Texas Endosurgery Institute, San Antonio, TX 78222, USA
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 15:9-13. 2005..The use of BSG as a staple-line reinforcer appears to be safe and may be useful in preventing anastomotic leakage, bleeding, and intraluminal stenosis...
- In vivo antibacterial efficacy of MONOCRYL plus antibacterial suture (Poliglecaprone 25 with triclosan)Xintian Ming
Corporate Microbiology and Sterilization Sciences, Ethicon Inc, Somerville, NJ 08876, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 8:209-14. 2007..This study evaluated the ability of poliglecaprone 25 suture with triclosan to inhibit bacterial colonization by Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus in mouse and guinea pig models...
- Comparison of inflammatory response to polyglytone 6211 and polyglecaprone 25 in a rat modelJohan van Heerden
Department of Plastic Surgery, Ga Rankuwa Hospital, Pretoria, South Africa
S Afr Med J 95:972-4. 2005
- Subcuticular closure versus Dermabond: a prospective randomized trialErin F Switzer
Department of Surgery, Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Fort Gordon, Georgia 30905, USA
Am Surg 69:434-6. 2003..Based on these findings we do not feel Dermabond is an acceptable alternative to subcuticular suture closure in inguinal herniorrhaphy incisions...
- Octyl-2-cyanoacrylate tissue glue (Dermabond) versus Monocryl 6 x 0 Sutures in lip closurePaul H M Spauwen
Department of Plastic Surgery, Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:625-7. 2006..To assess the value of octyl-2-cyanoacrylate tissue glue in lip closure versus Monocryl stitches...
- Tying a loop-to-strand suture: is it safe?Jason Hurt
Division of Gynecologic Pelvic Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:1094-7. 2005..This study was undertaken to evaluate the integrity of the loop-to-strand knot when tied with square and nonidentical sliding knots...
- [Tracheal anastomosis: monofilament absorbable suture versus monofilament non-absorbable suture. Experimental study in rats]D S Lazard
Service ORL et Chirurgie Cervico Faciale, Hopital Foch, 40 rue Worth, 92151 Suresnes
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 121:156-60. 2004..A multifilament absorbable suture is usually used. The aim of this experimental work on rats was to study the benefits of using a monofilament absorbable suture with high initial resistance...
- Laparoscopic suturing: effect of instrument handling on suture strengthSimon V Bariol
Scottish Lithotriptor Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
J Endourol 19:1127-33. 2005..Also, the ideal suturing technique (interrupted v continuous) according to the physical characteristics of the suture material and the optimal length for laparoscopic sutures were determined...
- Investigation of the role of the serotonergic activity of certain subtype-selective alpha1A antagonists in the relaxant effect on the pregnant rat uterus in vitroAttila Mihalyi
University of Szeged, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacodynamics and Biopharmacy, H 6720 Szeged, Eotvos u 6, Hungary
Mol Hum Reprod 9:475-80. 2003..It is proposed that novel alpha(1A) antagonists should be designed with no 5-HT(1A) activity to achieve maximal relaxant effect...
- Series spiral advancement flap: an alternative to the ellipseP J Weber
Division of Dermatology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Dermatol Surg 27:64-6. 2001..Proper patient and lesion selection aids in obtaining an acceptable outcome. CONCLUSION: The series spiral advancement flap has the potential to become a useful and common surgical technique...
- Strength and knot security of braided polyester and caprolactone/glycolide sutureChristopher Bibbo
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Marshfield Clinic, 1000 North Oak Avenue, Marshfield, WI 54449, USA
Foot Ankle Int 25:712-5. 2004..This study compared the security of the knots and ultimate tensile strength of braided caprolactone/glycolide suture to that of a commonly used suture material, braided polyester (Ethibondtrade mark)...
- Control of pore size in L-lactide/epsilon-caprolactone copolymer foams for tissue regeneration by the freeze-drying methodHiroyuki Nakao
Division of Biomaterials Science, Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka University, 1 8 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Dent Mater J 22:262-71. 2003..This suggests that the higher cooling rate due to lower cooling temperature can produce smaller ice-crystals and result in smaller pores...
- Bioreabsorbable polymer scaffold as temporary meniscal prosthesisAna Paula Testa Pezzin
State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Artif Organs 27:428-31. 2003....
- Triclosan release from coated polyglycolide threadsRaül Zurita
Departament d Enginyeria Quimica, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Macromol Biosci 6:58-69. 2006..Partition and diffusion coefficients are also estimated...
- Photo-polymerized microarchitectural constructs prepared by microstereolithography (muSL) using liquid acrylate-end-capped trimethylene carbonate-based prepolymersIl Keun Kwon
Division of Biomedical Engineering, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biomaterials 26:1675-84. 2005..In this paper, we discuss their potential biomedical applications...
- A review of taste and odour events in Barcelona's drinking water area (1990-2004)M R Boleda
AGBAR, Aigues de Barcelona Avinguda Diagonal, 211, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
Water Sci Technol 55:217-21. 2007..Events produced by creosote, dioxanes and dioxolanes, dicylopentadiene, and diacetyl, among the anthropogenic compounds; geosmin, MIB and iodinated ..
- New assumptions about oxidative processes involved in steroid hormone biosynthesis: is the role of cytochrome P-450-activated dioxygen limited to hydroxylation reactions or are dioxygen insertion reactions also possible?Seymour Lieberman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Institute for Health Sciences, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, 432 West 58th Street, New York, NY 10019, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 94:405-20. 2005..by a computer program, suggest that the oxidized intermediates resemble hydroperoxides or cyclic peroxides (1,2-dioxanes)...
- Dihydroxylation of 4-substituted 1,2-dioxines: a concise route to branched erythro sugarsTony V Robinson
Department of Chemistry, The University of Adelaide, South Australia 5005, Australia
J Org Chem 74:5093-6. 2009..The asymmetric dihydroxylation of 1,2-dioxines was examined, providing access to optically enriched dihydroxy 1,2-dioxanes 4...
- A novel method for the determination of total 1,3-octanediols in apple juice via 1,3-dioxanes by solid-phase microextraction and high-speed gas chromatographyDaniel Díaz Llorente
Departamento de Quimica Fisica y Analitica, Universidad de Oviedo, c Julian Claveria 8, E 33006 Oviedo, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1217:2993-9. 2010..for the analysis of total 1,3-octanediols in apple juices by means of derivatization reaction to volatile 1,3-dioxanes. The derivatization reaction, SPME conditions, glycosidically bound fraction and 1,3-nonanediol as a surrogate ..
- Stereoselective hydroformylation: key step for the assembly of polypropionate subunitsB Breit
Organisch Chemisches Institut, Ruprecht Karls Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 270, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Org Chem 66:4870-7. 2001An anti-selective hydroformylation of 2-propylidene-substituted 1,3-dioxanes 16, 17, and 26 with excellent levels of acyclic stereocontrol has been achieved...
- Synthetic peroxides as potent antimalarials. News and viewsCharles W Jefford
Department of Organic Chemistry, University of Geneva, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Curr Top Med Chem 12:373-99. 2012..Thereafter, news about 1,2,4-trioxolanes, 1,2,4-trioxanes, 1,2,4,5-tetraoxanes, 1,2-dioxolanes, and 1,2-dioxanes is recounted, emphasizing aspects of design, mechanism, and the importance of the adamantane entity for ..
- Endothelin receptor antagonists for aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a systematic review and meta-analysis updateMervyn D I Vergouwen
UMC Utrecht Stroke Center, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
Stroke 43:2671-6. 2012..We present the results of a systematic review and meta-analysis update...
- Thromboxane and isoprostane share the same prostanoid receptors to increase human placental toneL Hausermann
Centre de Recherche, CHU Sainte Justine, 3175, Chemin de la Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1C5, Canada
Placenta 32:941-8. 2011..The presence of these receptors and the actions exerted by their agonists support our postulate that prostanoids play an important regulatory role in placental vascular tone and resistance. NO, however, does not seem to be involved...
- Towards dual antithrombotic compounds - balancing thrombin inhibitory and fibrinogen GPIIb/IIIa binding inhibitory activities of 2,3-dihydro-1,4-benzodioxine derivatives through regio- and stereoisomerismMilos Ilić
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Pharmacy, Askerceva 7, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Eur J Med Chem 62:329-40. 2013..67 ± 0.27 μM and IC50(GPIIb/IIIa) = 0.665 ± 0.26 μM, raising the hope that merging anticoagulant and platelet antiaggregatory activities in the same molecule could lead to successful multitarget antithrombotic agents...
- Positron scattering from the cyclic ethers oxirane, 1,4-dioxane, and tetrahydropyranA Zecca
Department of Physics, University of Trento, Povo, I 38123 Trento, Italy
J Chem Phys 136:124305. 2012..However, electron TCSs for oxirane (also known as ethylene oxide) and tetrahydropyran do currently exist in the literature and a comparison to them for each species will be presented...
- Cryptands with 1,3,5-tris(1',3'-dioxan-2'-yl)-benzene units: synthesis and structural investigationsMonica Cîrcu
Center of Supramolecular Organic and Organometallic Chemistry, Cluj Napoca, Babes Bolyai University, 11 Arany Janos Str, 400028, Cluj Napoca, Romania
J Org Chem 78:8722-9. 2013..The role of the 1,3-dioxane units was targeted to ensure the preorganization of the substrate for the macrocyclization reactions on one side, and for easier NMR assignment of the structure of the cryptands on the other side. ..
- Comparative study between polypropylene and polypropylene/poliglecaprone meshes used in the correction of abdominal wall defect in ratsCarlos Alberto Lima Utrabo
School of Medicine, State University of Ponta Grossa, PR, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 27:300-5. 2012..To evaluate the healing process of a defect in the ventral abdominal wall of rats, comparing the polypropylene and polypropylene/poliglecaprone meshes on the 30(th) and 60(th) postoperative day...
- An efficient method for the synthesis of enol ethers and enecarbamates. Total syntheses of isoindolobenzazepine alkaloids, lennoxamine and chilenineHaruhiko Fuwa
Laboratory of Biostructural Chemistry, Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Org Biomol Chem 5:1849-53. 2007..This method has been applied to the total syntheses of two isoindolobenzazepine alkaloids, lennoxamine and chilenine...
- Torsion strength of biodegradable and titanium screws: a comparisonGerrit J Buijs
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:2142-7. 2007....
- Polymeric scaffolds prepared via thermally induced phase separation: tuning of structure and morphologyF Carfì Pavia
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Chimica dei Processi e dei Materiali, Universita di Palermo, Viale delle Scienze, 90128 Palermo, Italy
J Biomed Mater Res A 86:459-66. 2008..30% in 30 days) related to the degradation of the amorphous part, followed by a negligible weight loss in the next days (few percent from 30 to 60 days)...
- Enantioselective synthesis of homo-N-nucleosides containing a 1,4-dioxane sugar analogQiang Yu
Department of Chemistry, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, N 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Molecules 13:2962-74. 2008....
- Enhancement of reference memory in aged rats by specific activation of 5-HT(4) receptors using an olfactory associative discrimination taskEvelyne Marchetti
Lab Neurobiologie des Processus Mnésiques UMR 6149 CNRS, Université de Provence Centre St Charles 3, place Victor Hugo 13331 Marseille Cedex 03, France
Brain Res 1405:49-56. 2011..This agent could be used to treat early mnesic deficits observed in normal aging or in neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer disease...
- Synthesis of 4-(aminoalkyl) substituted 1,3-dioxanes as potent NMDA and σ receptor antagonistsTina Utech
Institut fur Pharmazeutische und Medizinische Chemie, Westfälischen Wilhelms Universität Münster, Hittorfstraße 58 62, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Eur J Med Chem 46:2157-69. 2011..The synthesis of aminoethyl-1,3-dioxanes 13, 22, 23 and 29 was performed by transacetalization of various acetals with pentane-1,3,5-triol, activation of ..
- Discovery of a novel class of 1,3-dioxane-2-carboxylic acid derivatives as subtype-selective peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) agonistsTomiyoshi Aoki
Discovery Research Laboratories, Nippon Shinyaku Co, Ltd, 14 Nishinosho Monguchi cho, Kisshoin, Minami Ku, Kyoto 601 8550, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:2128-32. 2008..This compound exhibited a substantial hypolipidemic effect in type 2 diabetic KK-A(y) mice...
- Design and characterization of a biodegradable composite scaffold for ligament tissue engineeringJames W S Hayami
Department of Chemical Engineering, Queen s University, Kingston, Canada
J Biomed Mater Res A 92:1407-20. 2010..On the basis of these results, it was determined that the composite scaffold design was a viable alternative to the current approaches used for ligament tissue engineering and merits further study...
- Risk of gastrojejunal anastomotic stricture with multifilament and monofilament sutures after hand-sewn laparoscopic gastric bypass: a prospective cohort studyJuan Carlos Ruiz de Adana
Cirugia General y Digestivo, Hospital Universitario de Getafe, Crta Toledo Km 12 5, 28905 Getafe, Madrid, Spain
Obes Surg 19:1274-7. 2009..The object of this study was to assess the risk of stricture for two types of resorbable suture (multifilament and monofilament) in a series of LRYGBPs performed by the same surgeon...
- Chemo-enzymatic synthesis of degradable PTMC-b-PECA-b-PTMC triblock copolymers and their micelle formation for pH-dependent controlled releaseSachiko Kaihara
Department of Applied Chemistry, Keio University, Yokohama 223 8522, Japan
Macromol Biosci 9:613-21. 2009..A drug release study showed that the release rate increased as the pH of the buffer decreased due to the degradation of the cyclic acetal segments, indicating its high utility for pH-sensitive controlled release...
- Electrospun shikonin-loaded PCL/PTMC composite fiber mats with potential biomedical applicationsJie Han
College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Donghua University, 2999 North Renmin Road, Shanghai, 201620, PR China
Int J Pharm 382:215-21. 2009....
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2 inhibitors from Clinopodium chinense var. parviflorumToshihiro Murata
Tohoku Pharmaceutical University, 4 4 1 Komatsushima, Aoba ku, Sendai 981 8558, Japan
J Nat Prod 72:1379-84. 2009..The structures of these new compounds were elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic analysis. Clinopodic acid C (4) showed MMP-2 inhibitory activity (IC(50) 3.26 microM)...
- Structural behavior of alcohol-1,4-dioxane mixtures through dielectric properties using TDRAshok C Kumbharkhane
School of Physical Sciences, Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded 431 606, India
J Phys Chem A 113:10196-201. 2009..The binding energies for alcohol-alcohol (pair 11) and alcohol-DX (pair 12) are estimated to be -13.98 and -16.25 kJ/mol, respectively. The results have also been compared with previous results of the ethyleneglycol-DX system...
- Clazosentan: an endothelin receptor antagonist for treatment of vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhageR Loch MacDonald
University of Toronto, St Michael Hospital, Division of Neurosurgery, Keenan Research Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 17:1761-7. 2008..All patients will undergo neurosurgical aneurysm clipping and outcome will be assessed primarily based on mortality and vasospasm-related morbidity...
- Organocatalytic approach to amphiphilic comb-block copolymers capable of stereocomplexation and self-assemblyKazuki Fukushima
IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, California 95120, USA
Biomacromolecules 9:3051-6. 2008..3) were prepared with up to 8-PLA branches. Mixtures of the D- and L-lactide based copolymers were studied to understand the effect of noncovalent interactions or stereocomplexation on the properties...
- Isoprostanes inhibit vascular endothelial growth factor-induced endothelial cell migration, tube formation, and cardiac vessel sprouting in vitro, as well as angiogenesis in vivo via activation of the thromboxane A(2) receptor: a potential link between oxRalf A Benndorf
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Department of Pharmacology, University Hospital Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Circ Res 103:1037-46. 2008..By this mechanism, isoprostanes may contribute directly to exacerbation of coronary heart disease and to capillary rarefaction in disease states of increased oxidative stress...
- The alpha1D-adrenergic receptor induces vascular smooth muscle apoptosis via a p53-dependent mechanismMary L Garcia-Cazarin
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, The University of Kentucky College of Medicine, 800 Rose St, UKMC MS 305, Lexington, KY 40536 0084, USA
Mol Pharmacol 74:1000-7. 2008..The data also provide evidence of a linkage between the alpha1D-AR and p53...
- Practical asymmetric conjugate alkynylation of Meldrum's acid-derived acceptors: access to chiral beta-alkynyl acidsSheng Cui
Department of Chemical Process Research and Development, Amgen Inc, One Amgen Center Drive, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
J Am Chem Soc 132:436-7. 2010..The process provides practical access to chiral beta-alkynyl acids. Noteworthy attributes of the method are its broad scope, high functional-group compatibility, and ease of scalability...
- Evaluation of the biodegradation potential of 1,4-dioxane in river, soil and activated sludge samplesKazunari Sei
Division of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Engineering, Osaka University, 2 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Biodegradation 21:585-91. 2010..However, most of the samples (14/20) were not able to degrade 1,4-dioxane degradation. Thus, it can be concluded that the potential for 1,4-dioxane degradation is not ubiquitously distributed in natural environment...
- The contribution of chemical exchange to MRI frequency shifts in brain tissueKarin Shmueli
Advanced MRI Section, Laboratory of Functional and Molecular Imaging, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Magn Reson Med 65:35-43. 2011..The exchange-dependent contribution may report on tissue chemical composition and pH...
- Comparison of closure of gastric perforation ulcers with biodegradable lactide-glycolide-caprolactone or omental patchesMarietta J O E Bertleff
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Academic Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
JSLS 13:550-4. 2009..This technique could have utility in laparoscopic repair, as it does not require sutures or mobilization of the omentum...
- Comparison of hemostatic properties between collagen and synthetic buttress materials used in staple line reinforcement in a swine splenic hemorrhage modelDavid Spector
Department of Surgery, Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington St, Box 437, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Surg Endosc 25:1148-52. 2011..This study examined the intrinsic hemostatic properties of two different types of material used in buttressing in an accepted hemostasis model that does not involve stapling or its effects by compression...
- Determination of 1,4-dioxane in household detergents and cleanersAkiko Tanabe
Niigata University of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 265 1 Higashijima, Akiha ku, Niigata 956 8603, Japan
J AOAC Int 91:439-44. 2008..2 mg/kg, which was higher than the 0.39 mg/kg mean for the other surfactants. Moreover, the 1,4-dioxane load/person was estimated to be 0.061 mg/day/person in Japan, which was 27% of the load from the domestic effluent...
Research Grants111 found, 100 shown here
- 4-ACETOXY-1, 3-DIOXANES IN MACROLIDE SYNTHESISScott Rychnovsky; Fiscal Year: 2001..The methods developed in this grant will set a new standard for efficiency and convergence in the synthesis of highly oxygenated natural products, and will be applicable to the synthesis of other compounds of biological interest. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF MACROCYCLES STEROIDS CYCLOPENTANOIDS ETCBARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2001..Ring expansion methods may convert these cores into the taxoid skeleton with appropriate functionality at key points for analog development. ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO ANTITUMOR AND ANTIVIRAL AGENTSBARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2000..Equally important, new avenues to vary structure around these cores in order to establish structure-activity relationships with the aim to create better therapeutic agents become available. ..
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 1999..Results will provide a basis for understanding the failure of mechanisms for ventilatory neurogenesis, in apneas of neonates and adults. ..
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2007..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such information might provide insights into dysfunctions of the control of ventilation in humans, such as in "sleep apnea" or the "sudden infant death syndrome." ..
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2006..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- Novel Approaches for Antitumor and Antiviral AgentsBarry M Trost; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal helps to address this key challenge by developing the underlying initial technology within classes of compounds having demonstrably antitumor or antiviral activities. ..
- Synthesis of Macrolides. Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etcBARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2005..This new concept sets the stage for solutions to a long standing problem, the ion channel blockers, the grayanotoxins. as well as the more recently discovered rameswaralide, a potent antiinflamatory. ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CHRONIC CEREBRAL VASOSPASMRobert MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO ANTITUMOR AND ANTIVIRAL AGENTSBARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2004..By accessing a very diverse range of structural types, the best opportunities to discover new therapeutic agents arise. ..
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such information might provide insights into dysfunctions of the control of ventilation in humans, such as in "sleep apneas" or the "sudden infant death syndrome." ..
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- NOVEL SYNTHETIC APPROACHES TO ANTITUMOR COMPOUNDSBARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 1992..A strategy to one family of tumor promoters represented by teleocidin explores the concept of chemical chameleons. In most cases, the strategy also considers the problem of absolute stereochemistry...
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO ANTITUMOR AND ANTIVIRAL AGENTSBARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 1993..The diversity of the challenges posed by antiviral and antitumor agents represent highly meaningful tests of their use...
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 1990..We believe that results of studies proposed herein will provide significant insights into the mechanisms responsible for the neurogenesis of automatic ventilatory activity...
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CHRONIC CEREBRAL VASOSPASMRobert MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Small-Molecule Probes for Conditional Modulation of the Synapse ProteomeStephen Haggarty; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the future chemical biology in general, and chemical genetics in particular, will play an important role in catalyzing new discoveries and potentially insight into function of the nervous system. ..
- THIOREDOXIN INHIBITION OF APOPTOSIS AND CANCER TREATMENTGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2006..The objective of our studies is to investigate mechanisms for Trx inhibition of apoptosis and develop novel inhibitors of Trx we have identified as potential agents for the treatment of cancer ..
- Cancer Drugs Active Against Stress Signaling PathwaysGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Survival Signals for Molecular Target AssessmentGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2006..The work will provide important insights into the way these new types of agents can be developed and how their clinical trial should be conducted. ..
- THIOREDOXIN INHIBITION OF APOPTOSIS AND CANCER TREATMENTGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The objective of our studies is to investigate mechanisms for Trx inhibition of apoptosis and develop novel inhibitors of Trx we have identified as potential agents for the treatment of cancer. city, state) ..
- Rotator cuff repair using hyaluronan enriched fascia extracellular matrixKathleen Derwin; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Redox Signaling and Cancer Drug ActionGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The role of the pathways in human cancer will be confirmed to allow the identification of new molecular targets for cancer drug discovery and new strategies to treat cancer. ..
- THIOREDOXIN REDUCTASES AND CANCERGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- THIOREDOXIN INHIBITION OF APOPTOSIS AND CANCER TREATMENTGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2003..The objective of our studies is to investigate mechanisms for Trx inhibition of apoptosis and develop novel inhibitors of Trx we have identified as potential agents for the treatment of cancer ..
- Small-molecule probes of chromatin-mediated neuroplasticityStephen Haggarty; Fiscal Year: 2009..These multidisciplinary studies will shed new light on molecular mechanisms of brain plasticity and the relevance of these mechanisms to the development of novel therapeutics for their treatment of memory and mood disorders. ..
- Chemoprevention by a Targeted Thioredoxin Inhibitor.Garth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The information obtained will be used for the clinical development of PX-12 as a cancer preventive agent for patients at high risk or with early disease. ..
- Clinically relevant large animal model of rotator cuff injury and repairKathleen Derwin; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successful development of this model would lead to important studies of critical factors thought to affect the outcome of this common clinical problem such as surgical technique, tear morphology and timing. ..
- Synthesis of Bioactive SubstancesJeffrey Winkler; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Inhibitors of Akt Signaling in Pancreatic CancerGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2009..The PtdIns-3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway is upregulated in many pancreatic cancers making it an ideal target for drugs to treat the disease. ..
- THIOREDOXIN INHIBITION OF APOPTOSIS AND CANCER TREATMENTGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will focus on human leukemia, but the findings will be applicable to other forms of human cancer where thioredoxin is over- expressed. ..