Genomes and Genes
Summary: 1,4-Diethylene dioxides. Industrial solvents. According to the Fourth Annual Report on Carcinogens (NTP 85-002, 1985), dioxane itself may "reasonably be anticipated to be a carcinogen." (Merck Index, 11th ed)
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of novel biodegradable cyclic carbonate polyester copolymers for cytocompatibility using MRC-5 cellsJ Longino
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Biomed Sci Instrum 39:306-11. 2003..Although both copolymers are non-cytotoxic, the sample having the higher MBC content is the preferred composition based upon MDA levels and morphological evaluations...
- [Comparison of five synthetic absorbable suture materials in intestinal anastomosis: experimental study in rats]Carlo De Werra
Cattedra di Chirurgia Generale, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Napoli
Chir Ital 55:227-33. 2003..A general assessment showed better results for polyglycolic acid and Glycomer 631, while the other three materials presented slightly inferior performance, particularly polygalactic acid (inferior stitch resistance)...
- Dissociation of vasospasm and secondary effects of experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage by clazosentanMohammed Sabri
Division of Neurosurgery, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5B 1W8
Stroke 42:1454-60. 2011....
- Tripropyltin(iv) complexes with some selected bioligands in 50% v/v dioxane/water mixtureAbdul Aziz Al-Najjar
Department of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Technological Studies, PO Box 42325, 70654 Shuwaikh, Kuwait
Ann Chim 96:97-107. 2006..The participation of different ligand functional groups in binding to organotin is discussed. The speciation diagrams of the various complex species were evaluated as a function of pH...
- Effects of the selective endothelin A (ET(A)) receptor antagonist Clazosentan on cerebral perfusion and cerebral oxygenation following severe subarachnoid hemorrhage - preliminary results from a randomized clinical seriesM Barth
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty for Clinical Medicine of the Karl Ruprecht University of Heidelberg, University Hospital Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149:911-8; discussion 918. 2007..To study the effects of clazosentan, a new selective endothelin receptor subtype A antagonist, on cerebral perfusion and cerebral oxygenation following severe aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage (aSAH)...
- Palladium(II)-catalyzed cyclization of unsaturated hydroperoxides for the synthesis of 1,2-dioxanesJason R Harris
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 2025, USA
Org Lett 11:3290-3. 2009..of gamma,delta-unsaturated tertiary hydroperoxides in the presence of a palladium(II) catalyst afforded 1,2-dioxanes resembling biologically active natural products...
- Clazosentan, an endothelin receptor antagonist, prevents early hypoperfusion during the acute phase of massive experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage: a laser Doppler flowmetry study in ratsGerrit A Schubert
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
J Neurosurg 109:1134-40. 2008..The purpose of this study was to further determine the role of ET in the first minutes to hours after massive experimental SAH induced by prophylactic treatment with the ET receptor antagonist clazosentan...
- Patient age and vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhageMats Ryttlefors
Department of Neuroscience, Section for Neurosurgery, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Neurosurgery 67:911-7. 2010..Subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) from a ruptured intracranial aneurysm is a devastating disease with high mortality and morbidity. The incidence of SAH increases with advancing age...
- Novel substituted 4-phenyl-[1,3]dioxanes: potent and selective orexin receptor 2 (OX(2)R) antagonistsLaura C McAtee
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, LLC, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 14:4225-9. 2004..Herein we describe a series of novel, selective OX(2)R antagonists consisting of substituted 4-phenyl-[1,3]dioxanes. One such antagonist is compound 9, 1-(2,4-dibromo-phenyl)-3-((4S,5S)-2,2-dimethyl-4-phenyl-[1,3]dioxan-5-yl)-..
- The in vivo and in vitro degradation behavior of poly(trimethylene carbonate)Zheng Zhang
Institute for Biomedical Technology BMTI and Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, P O Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 27:1741-8. 2006..It can be concluded that enzymatic degradation plays an important role in the surface erosion of PTMC in vivo...
- Randomized clinical trial comparing a polypropylene with a poliglecaprone and polypropylene composite mesh for inguinal hernioplastyM Smietanski
Department of General and Endocrine Surgery and Transplantation, Medical University of Gdansk, 7 Debinki Street, 80 211 Gdansk, Poland
Br J Surg 95:1462-8. 2008..The aim was to assess whether a partially absorbable monofilament mesh could influence postoperative pain and time to return to normal activity after Lichtenstein hernioplasty...
- In vivo behavior of poly(1,3-trimethylene carbonate) and copolymers of 1,3-trimethylene carbonate with D,L-lactide or epsilon-caprolactone: Degradation and tissue responseA P Pêgo
Institute for Biomedical Technology BMTI and Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Twente, PO Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
J Biomed Mater Res A 67:1044-54. 2003....
- Tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of clazosentan, a parenteral endothelin receptor antagonistPaul L M van Giersbergen
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Gewerbestrasse 18, 4123 Allschwil, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:151-8. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate in healthy male subjects the tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of ascending doses of clazosentan, an intravenous endothelin receptor antagonist...
- Modular synthesis and preliminary biological evaluation of stereochemically diverse 1,3-dioxanesJason C Wong
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Chem Biol 11:1279-91. 2004Modular synthesis and substrate stereocontrol were combined to furnish 18,000 diverse 1,3-dioxanes whose distribution in chemical space rivals that of a reference set of over 2,000 bioactive small molecules...
- Influence of polyglecaprone 25 (Monocryl) supplementation on the biocompatibility of a polypropylene mesh for hernia repairK Junge
Department of Surgery, Technical University of Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Hernia 9:212-7. 2005..This study was designed to evaluate the influence of this additional supplementation on the biocompatibility in a rodent animal model...
- Design, synthesis, and evaluation of dioxane-based antiviral agents targeted against the Sindbis virus capsid proteinHa Young Kim
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, The Purdue Cancer Center, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:3207-11. 2005..Both compounds were not cytotoxic in uninfected BHK cells at concentrations of 1mM...
- Split--pool synthesis of 1,3-dioxanes leading to arrayed stock solutions of single compounds sufficient for multiple phenotypic and protein-binding assaysS M Sternson
Harvard Institute of Chemistry and Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Chem Soc 123:1740-7. 2001..We have developed a split--pool synthesis leading to an array of stock solutions of single 1,3-dioxanes. The quantities of compounds are sufficient for hundreds of phenotypic and protein-binding assays...
- Synthesis of dioxane-based antiviral agents and evaluation of their biological activities as inhibitors of Sindbis virus replicationHa Young Kim
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, The Purdue Cancer Center, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 15:2667-79. 2007..4 microM as an inhibitor of Sindbis virus replication. Both compounds were not cytotoxic in uninfected BHK cells at concentrations of 1mM...
- Three-year follow-up of modified Lichtenstein inguinal hernioplasty using lightweight poliglecaprone/polypropylene meshM Smietanski
Department of General and Endocrine Surgery and Transplantation, Medical University of Gdansk, ul Debinki 7, 80 211, Gdansk, Poland
Hernia 13:239-42. 2009....
- Interobserver variability in the interpretation of computed tomography following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageGeorge M Ibrahim
Division of Neurosurgery, St Michael s Hospital, Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Neurosurg 115:1191-6. 2011..Numerous abnormal findings may be evident on CT scans after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH). Here, the authors assess the interobserver variability in the radiological interpretation of the initial CT scan following SAH...
- Endoperoxide derivatives from marine organisms: 1,2-dioxanes of the plakortin family as novel antimalarial agentsCaterina Fattorusso
Dipartimento di Chimica delle Sostanze Naturali, Universita di Napoli Federico II, via D Montesano 49, 80131 Napoli, Italy
J Med Chem 49:7088-94. 2006..a series of semisynthetic derivatives in order to gain insights into the structural requirements of simple 1,2-dioxanes for exhibiting antimalarial activity...
- CAPROSYN*, another major advance in synthetic monofilament absorbable sutureAngela Pineros-Fernandez
University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 1351, USA
J Long Term Eff Med Implants 14:359-68. 2004....
- Creep-resistant porous structures based on stereo-complex forming triblock copolymers of 1,3-trimethylene carbonate and lactidesZheng Zhang
Institute for Biomedical Technology BMTI, Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
J Mater Sci Mater Med 15:381-5. 2004..After prolonged compressive deformation, solid and porous poly(ST-TMC-ST) discs showed significantly better recovery behaviour than poly(TMC) discs...
- Biodegradable, elastic shape-memory polymers for potential biomedical applicationsAndreas Lendlein
mnemoScience GmbH, Pauwelsstrabetae 19, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Science 296:1673-6. 2002..A smart degradable suture was created to illustrate the potential of these shape-memory thermoplastics in biomedical applications...
- Resorbable plates for the fixation of mandibular fractures: a prospective studyRobert M Laughlin
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, New Orleans, LA, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:89-96. 2007....
- [Biological properties study and animal experiment of polylactide/polytrimethylene carbonate blends membrane]Xiaoqiang Yang
Research Institute of Daily Chemistry of China, Taiyuan 030024, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 23:578-82. 2006..In the experimental application of this member to preventing adhesion after rabbit intestine operation, the membrane demonstrated good effect. In conclusion, PLA/PTMC blends membrane is a material with good biocompatibility...
- Comparative study of tissue response to polyglecaprone 25, polyglactin 910 and polytetrafluorethylene suture materials in ratsHugo Nary Filho
Department of Oral Surgery, School of Dentistry, Sacred Heart University USC, Bauru, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 13:86-91. 2002..Such biological behavior must be considered during the selection of the suture material to be used in oral surgery...
- Enhanced extracellular matrix production and differentiation of human embryonic germ cell derivatives in biodegradable poly(epsilon-caprolactone-co-ethyl ethylene phosphate) scaffoldEvelyn K F Yim
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Acta Biomater 2:365-76. 2006..The study showed that the polymer substrate could influence the differentiation and growth of pluripotent stem cells in the absence of exogenous biochemical signals...
- Biodegradable self-assembling PEG-copolymer as vehicle for poorly water-soluble drugsLouisa Ould-Ouali
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Brussels, Belgium
Pharm Res 21:1581-90. 2004..To develop self-assembling systems increasing the solubility of poorly water-soluble drugs...
- 1H and 13C NMR studies of molecular dynamics in the biocopolymer of glycolide and epsilon-caprolactoneFarhod Nozirov
Department of Macromolecular Physics, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland
Solid State Nucl Magn Reson 22:19-28. 2002..T, relaxation is dominated by trans-gauche isomerisation, with an activation energy of 34-35 kJ mol(-1)...
- The importance of angiogenesis in the interaction between polymeric biomaterials and surrounding tissueDorothee Rickert
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University of Ulm, Prittwitzstr 43, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 28:175-81. 2003....
- Macroporous poly(L-lactide) scaffold 1. Preparation of a macroporous scaffold by liquid--liquid phase separation of a PLLA--dioxane--water systemFeng Jun Hua
Center for Advanced Functional Polymers, Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Kyungki 440 746, Korea
J Biomed Mater Res 63:161-7. 2002..This gelation effect was greater at high polymer concentrations and low quenching temperatures. The macroporous expected scaffold could be optimized from the slow development of phase separation during the long coarsening process...
- Polylactones 57. Biodegradable networks based on A-B-A triblock segments containing poly(ethylene glycol)s-syntheses and drug release propertiesHans R Kricheldorf
Institut fur Technische und Makromolekulare Chemie, Bundesstr 45, D 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Biomacromolecules 4:950-5. 2003..A strong initial burst was found in all cases. Only a weak initial burst and a more continuous release was observed when networks of random L-lactide/epsilon-caprolactone copolymers were studied under the same conditions...
- Surface functionalization of degradable polymers by covalent graftingMartina Källrot
School of Chemical Science and Engineering, Royal Institute of Technology, Fibre and Polymer Technology, SE 100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
Biomaterials 27:1788-96. 2006....
- Loading and release of ibuprofen in multi- and monofilament surgical suturesRaül Zurita
Departament d Enginyeria Quimica, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Av Diagonal 647, E 08028, Barcelona, Spain
Macromol Biosci 6:767-75. 2006..This coating solubilizes ibuprofen molecules well and can be used for braided sutures or when a rapid dose of ibuprofen is preferred...
- Evaluation of the tensile strengths of four monofilament absorbable suture materials after immersion in canine urine with or without bacteriaChelsea B Greenberg
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Am J Vet Res 65:847-53. 2004..To evaluate the tensile strength, elongation, and degradation of 4 monofilament absorbable suture materials that undergo degradation by hydrolysis in specimens of canine urine with various physical characteristics...
- Preparation of biodegradable networks by photo-crosslinking lactide, epsilon-caprolactone and trimethylene carbonate-based oligomers functionalized with fumaric acid monoethyl esterDirk W Grijpma
Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Institute for Biomedical Technology BMTI, University of Twente, P O Box 217, 7500 AE, Enschede, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 26:2795-802. 2005..Such networks, built up of non-toxic compounds and designed to release benign degradation products, may find wide application in tissue engineering and other areas of biomedical research...
- Enzymatic surface erosion of poly(trimethylene carbonate) films studied by atomic force microscopyZheng Zhang
Institute for Biomedical Technology BMTI and Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
Biomacromolecules 6:3404-9. 2005..Friction images showed differences in surface properties between the recessed and protruding lines in the pattern...
- Different substitute biomaterials as potential scaffolds in tissue engineeringLjubinko Petrovic
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 21:225-31. 2006..In this study, the suitability of different alloplastic and xenogenic biomaterials as scaffolds for ex vivo osteoblast cultivation was investigated...
- Bacterial colonization on different suture materials--a potential risk for intraoral dentoalveolar surgeryJ E Otten
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Mund, Kiefer und Gesichtschirurgie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 74:627-35. 2005..Coccoid bacteria within biofilms were seen. The growth of Prevotella intermedia was much better on Deknalon than on Monocryl. The risk of bacteremia at the time of suture removal is discussed...
- Thermoplastic elastomers based on poly(lactide)-poly(trimethylene carbonate-co-caprolactone)-poly(lactide) triblock copolymers and their stereocomplexesZ Zhang
Institute for Biomedical Technology, Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
J Control Release 116:e29-31. 2006
- Mechanical strength and stiffness of biodegradable and titanium osteofixation systemsGerrit J Buijs
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:2148-58. 2007..To present relevant mechanical data to simplify the selection of an osteofixation system for situations requiring immobilization in oral and maxillofacial surgery...
- Biodegradable polycarbonate-b-polypeptide and polyester-b-polypeptide block copolymers: synthesis and nanoparticle formation towards biomaterialsMaude Le Hellaye
Laboratoire de Chimie des Polymeres Organiques, LCPO, Université Bordeaux 1 CNRS ENSCPB, 16 Avenue Pey Berland, 33607 Pessac Cedex, France
Biomacromolecules 9:1924-33. 2008..Finally, their enzymatic degradation revealed that PTMC nanoparticles degraded faster than those made of PCL...
- Fabrication of porous particulate for the scaffold by applying solution spraying methodHideki Tamasaki
Division of Dental Anesthesiology, Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Dent Mater J 24:76-82. 2005..Based on the results of the present study, we concluded that PLLA particulates of varying morphologies could be obtained by adjusting the fabrication conditions...
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of benzodioxanylpiperazine derivatives as potent serotonin 5-HT(1A) antagonists: the discovery of LecozotanWayne E Childers
Chemical and Screening Sciences and Neuroscience, Wyeth Research, CN 8000, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 8000, USA
J Med Chem 48:3467-70. 2005..Compound 11c (Lecozotan) was selected for further development and is currently in clinical trials...
- Fibroblast culture on surface-modified poly(glycolide-co-epsilon-caprolactone) scaffold for soft tissue regenerationI K Kwon
Biomaterials Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Cheongryang, Seoul
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 12:1147-60. 2001..These results demonstrate that surface-modified PGCL scaffold can provide a suitable substrate for fibroblast culture, especially in the case of soft tissue regenerations...
- Liquid acrylate-endcapped biodegradable poly(epsilon-caprolactone-co-trimethylene carbonate). I. Preparation and visible light-induced photocuring characteristicsManabu Mizutani
Department of Bioengineering, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishiro dai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res 62:387-94. 2002..Cylindrical photocured constructs prepared by photoirradiation to the whole body in a mold filled with the liquid copolymer was demonstrated as an example of shape fabrication of biodegradable biomedical devices...
- Liquid acrylate-endcapped biodegradable poly(epsilon-caprolactone-co-trimethylene carbonate). II. Computer-aided stereolithographic microarchitectural surface photoconstructsTakehisa Matsuda
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biomed Mater Res 62:395-403. 2002..Anti-inflammatory drug (indomethacin) loading into microneedle-structured surfaces minimized inflammatory reactions. The possible biomedical microarchitectural three dimensinal in biomedical application photoconstructs was discussed...
- Multiblock copolymers of L-lactide and trimethylene carbonateDoris Pospiech
Institut fur Technische und Makromolekulare Chemie, Bundesstrasse 45, D 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Biomacromolecules 6:439-46. 2005..Stress-strain measurements showed the elastomeric character of these biodegradable multiblock copolymers, particularly in copolymers having epsilon-caprolactone as comonomer in the poly(TMC) blocks...
- Safety and efficacy of the use of bioabsorbable seamguard in colorectal surgery at the Texas endosurgery instituteMorris E Franklin
Texas Endosurgery Institute, San Antonio, TX 78222, USA
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 15:9-13. 2005..The use of BSG as a staple-line reinforcer appears to be safe and may be useful in preventing anastomotic leakage, bleeding, and intraluminal stenosis...
- In vivo antibacterial efficacy of MONOCRYL plus antibacterial suture (Poliglecaprone 25 with triclosan)Xintian Ming
Corporate Microbiology and Sterilization Sciences, Ethicon Inc, Somerville, NJ 08876, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 8:209-14. 2007..This study evaluated the ability of poliglecaprone 25 suture with triclosan to inhibit bacterial colonization by Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus in mouse and guinea pig models...
- Comparison of inflammatory response to polyglytone 6211 and polyglecaprone 25 in a rat modelJohan van Heerden
Department of Plastic Surgery, Ga Rankuwa Hospital, Pretoria, South Africa
S Afr Med J 95:972-4. 2005
- Subcuticular closure versus Dermabond: a prospective randomized trialErin F Switzer
Department of Surgery, Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Fort Gordon, Georgia 30905, USA
Am Surg 69:434-6. 2003..Based on these findings we do not feel Dermabond is an acceptable alternative to subcuticular suture closure in inguinal herniorrhaphy incisions...
- Octyl-2-cyanoacrylate tissue glue (Dermabond) versus Monocryl 6 x 0 Sutures in lip closurePaul H M Spauwen
Department of Plastic Surgery, Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:625-7. 2006..To assess the value of octyl-2-cyanoacrylate tissue glue in lip closure versus Monocryl stitches...
- Tying a loop-to-strand suture: is it safe?Jason Hurt
Division of Gynecologic Pelvic Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:1094-7. 2005..This study was undertaken to evaluate the integrity of the loop-to-strand knot when tied with square and nonidentical sliding knots...
- Laparoscopic suturing: effect of instrument handling on suture strengthSimon V Bariol
Scottish Lithotriptor Centre, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
J Endourol 19:1127-33. 2005..Also, the ideal suturing technique (interrupted v continuous) according to the physical characteristics of the suture material and the optimal length for laparoscopic sutures were determined...
- [Tracheal anastomosis: monofilament absorbable suture versus monofilament non-absorbable suture. Experimental study in rats]D S Lazard
Service ORL et Chirurgie Cervico Faciale, Hopital Foch, 40 rue Worth, 92151 Suresnes
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 121:156-60. 2004..A multifilament absorbable suture is usually used. The aim of this experimental work on rats was to study the benefits of using a monofilament absorbable suture with high initial resistance...
- Investigation of the role of the serotonergic activity of certain subtype-selective alpha1A antagonists in the relaxant effect on the pregnant rat uterus in vitroAttila Mihalyi
University of Szeged, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacodynamics and Biopharmacy, H 6720 Szeged, Eotvos u 6, Hungary
Mol Hum Reprod 9:475-80. 2003..It is proposed that novel alpha(1A) antagonists should be designed with no 5-HT(1A) activity to achieve maximal relaxant effect...
- Strength and knot security of braided polyester and caprolactone/glycolide sutureChristopher Bibbo
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Marshfield Clinic, 1000 North Oak Avenue, Marshfield, WI 54449, USA
Foot Ankle Int 25:712-5. 2004..This study compared the security of the knots and ultimate tensile strength of braided caprolactone/glycolide suture to that of a commonly used suture material, braided polyester (Ethibondtrade mark)...
- Control of pore size in L-lactide/epsilon-caprolactone copolymer foams for tissue regeneration by the freeze-drying methodHiroyuki Nakao
Division of Biomaterials Science, Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka University, 1 8 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Dent Mater J 22:262-71. 2003..This suggests that the higher cooling rate due to lower cooling temperature can produce smaller ice-crystals and result in smaller pores...
- Bioreabsorbable polymer scaffold as temporary meniscal prosthesisAna Paula Testa Pezzin
State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Artif Organs 27:428-31. 2003....
- Triclosan release from coated polyglycolide threadsRaül Zurita
Departament d Enginyeria Quimica, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Macromol Biosci 6:58-69. 2006..Partition and diffusion coefficients are also estimated...
- Photo-polymerized microarchitectural constructs prepared by microstereolithography (muSL) using liquid acrylate-end-capped trimethylene carbonate-based prepolymersIl Keun Kwon
Division of Biomedical Engineering, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Biomaterials 26:1675-84. 2005..In this paper, we discuss their potential biomedical applications...
- New assumptions about oxidative processes involved in steroid hormone biosynthesis: is the role of cytochrome P-450-activated dioxygen limited to hydroxylation reactions or are dioxygen insertion reactions also possible?Seymour Lieberman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Institute for Health Sciences, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, 432 West 58th Street, New York, NY 10019, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 94:405-20. 2005..by a computer program, suggest that the oxidized intermediates resemble hydroperoxides or cyclic peroxides (1,2-dioxanes)...
- A review of taste and odour events in Barcelona's drinking water area (1990-2004)M R Boleda
AGBAR, Aigues de Barcelona Avinguda Diagonal, 211, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
Water Sci Technol 55:217-21. 2007..Events produced by creosote, dioxanes and dioxolanes, dicylopentadiene, and diacetyl, among the anthropogenic compounds; geosmin, MIB and iodinated ..
- Dihydroxylation of 4-substituted 1,2-dioxines: a concise route to branched erythro sugarsTony V Robinson
Department of Chemistry, The University of Adelaide, South Australia 5005, Australia
J Org Chem 74:5093-6. 2009..The asymmetric dihydroxylation of 1,2-dioxines was examined, providing access to optically enriched dihydroxy 1,2-dioxanes 4...
- A novel method for the determination of total 1,3-octanediols in apple juice via 1,3-dioxanes by solid-phase microextraction and high-speed gas chromatographyDaniel Díaz Llorente
Departamento de Quimica Fisica y Analitica, Universidad de Oviedo, c Julian Claveria 8, E 33006 Oviedo, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1217:2993-9. 2010..for the analysis of total 1,3-octanediols in apple juices by means of derivatization reaction to volatile 1,3-dioxanes. The derivatization reaction, SPME conditions, glycosidically bound fraction and 1,3-nonanediol as a surrogate ..
- Stereoselective hydroformylation: key step for the assembly of polypropionate subunitsB Breit
Organisch Chemisches Institut, Ruprecht Karls Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 270, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Org Chem 66:4870-7. 2001An anti-selective hydroformylation of 2-propylidene-substituted 1,3-dioxanes 16, 17, and 26 with excellent levels of acyclic stereocontrol has been achieved...
- Novel single-phase and gram-scale synthesis of thiol-uncapped stable colloidal gold nanoparticlesXavier Jurvilliers
Laboratoire de Synthèse Organométallique et Réactivité UMR 7565, Universite Henri Poincare, Nancy I, BP 239, 54506 Vandoeuvre les Nancy Cedex, France
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 5:282-7. 2005..These clusters were further used for the production of monodisperse Au nanoparticles with controlled surface properties through ligand exchange with 1-dodecanethiol or 1-decylamine...
- Asymmetric synthesis and CD investigation of the 1,4-benzodioxane lignans eusiderins A, B, C, G, L, and MLisa I Pilkington
School of Chemical Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
J Org Chem 77:8156-66. 2012..This data will now allow for the determination of absolute stereochemistry of other members in this class of compound...
- Carcinogenicity studies of 1,4-dioxane administered in drinking-water to rats and mice for 2 yearsHirokazu Kano
Japan Bioassay Research Center, Japan Industrial Safety and Health Association, 2445 Hirasawa, Hadano, Kanagawa 257 0015, Japan
Food Chem Toxicol 47:2776-84. 2009....
- 5alpha,8alpha-epidioxysterols from a Formosan sponge, Axinyssa spTzu rong Su
Antai Medical Care Cooperation Antai Tian Sheng Memorial Hospital, Pingtung 928, Taiwan
Nat Prod Commun 8:1535-6. 2013..Compound 2 exhibited significant cytotoxicity against K562 and Molt 4 cancer cell lines...
- [Clinical and histopathological study of tissue reactivity to monofilament suture materials: nylon and poliglecaprone 25 in rats]Camila Maria Beder Ribeiro
Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, PE, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 20:284-91. 2005..The aim of this experimental study was to evaluate through a clinical and histopathological analysis the tissue reactivity caused by two monofilament sutures nylon and poliglecaprone 25 on the internal and external sutures in rats...
- Copolymerizations of epsilon-caprolactone and glycolide-a comparison of tin(II)octanoate and bismuth(III)subsalicylate as initiatorsHans R Kricheldorf
Institut fur Technische und Makromolekulare Chemie, Bundesstr 45, D 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Biomacromolecules 6:1345-52. 2005..Time-conversion curves and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry of homopolymerization suggest that SnOct(2) is the more efficient transesterification catalyst. A hypothetical reaction mechanism is discussed...
- Environmental effects on the aggregation of some xanthene dyes used in lasersSwati De
Department of Chemistry, University of Kalyani, Kalyani 741235, Nadia, West Bengal, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 61:1821-33. 2005..These observations bear direct relevance to the possible use of fluorescein and eosin Y as quantum yield standards, photosensitizers, laser dyes and biological labels...
- Experimental and theoretical analysis of the kinetics of the reaction of atomic bromine with 1,4-dioxaneBinod Raj Giri
Department of Chemistry, Acadia, University, Wolfville, Nova Scotia B4P 2R6, Canada
J Phys Chem A 114:291-8. 2010..Comparison with results reported for the reactions of Br with other ethers suggests that this multistep mechanism differs significantly from that for abstraction of hydrogen from other ethers by atomic bromine...
- Properly substituted 1,4-dioxane nucleus favours the selective M3 muscarinic receptor activationAlessandro Piergentili
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita di Camerino, Via S Agostino 1, 62032 Camerino, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem 17:8174-85. 2009..Compounds 4, 5, and 8 might be valuable tools in the characterization of the M(3) receptor, as well as provide useful information for the design and development of novel selective M(3) antagonists...
- Autoradiographic studies of central alpha 2A- and alpha 2C-adrenoceptors in the rat using [3H]MK912 and subtype-selective drugsS Uhlen
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University, Sweden
Brain Res 770:261-6. 1997..Using this approach, alpha 2C-adrenoceptors were detected in the striatum, while alpha 2A-adrenoceptors predominated in the cortical layers 1-4, the spinal cord distal dorsal horn, the septum and the endopiriform nucleus...
- An optical microscopy study on the phase structure of poly(L-lactide acid)/poly(propylene carbonate) blendsMin Gao
State Key Laboratory of Chemical Resource Engineering, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, China
J Phys Chem B 116:9832-7. 2012..It is further confirmed that the crystallization of PLLA in the blends is influenced by the different phase structures. For example, the crystallinity of PLLA in the blend increases with increasing heat-treatment temperature...
- The role of alpha-adrenergic mechanisms within the area postrema in dopamine-induced emesisD Jovanovic-Micic
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
Eur J Pharmacol 272:21-30. 1995..It appears, therefore, that the emetic effect of intracerebroventricular dopamine is mediated by adrenergic rather than dopaminergic mechanisms in the area postrema, at least in the cat...
- Comparison of the interaction of agmatine and crude methanolic extracts of bovine lung and brain with alpha 2-adrenoceptor binding sitesD Pinthong
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham
Br J Pharmacol 115:689-95. 1995..Moreover, these extracts appear to possess a binding profile similar to that of adrenaline and UK-14304, suggesting that they may possess agonist activity...
- Binding properties, regional ontogeny and localization of adrenergic receptors in chick brainC R Dermon
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Patras, Greece
Int J Dev Neurosci 6:471-82. 1988..Labelling of the granule cell layer was almost equally strong for alpha 1 but significantly less for beta binding sites. No significant labelling could be detected for alpha 2 binding sites...
- Methiothepin enhances the potassium-evoked release of [3H]-noradrenaline in rat pineal glandM A Taranger
Department of Biology, Laboratoires d Etudes et de Recherches Synthélabo, Paris, France
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 336:374-80. 1987..The facilitation by methiothepin of the K+-evoked release of [3H]-noradrenaline in rat pineal gland appears to be due to the inhibition of noradrenaline uptake by this compound...
- Elastic multiblock copolymers for vascular regeneration: protein adsorption and hemocompatibilityRumiana Tzoneva
Department Electro induced and adhesive properties, Institute of Biophysics and Biomedical Engineering, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 52:337-48. 2012..The present results reveal that the tested multiblock copolymers with improved elastic properties and shape-memory capability (PDC) show low thrombogenicity and are promising candidates for vascular tissue engineering...
- Synthesis and characterization of amine-bridged bis(phenolate)lanthanide alkoxides and their application in the controlled polymerization of rac-lactide and rac-β-butyrolactoneKun Nie
Key Laboratory of Organic Synthesis of Jiangsu Province, College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Dushu Lake Campus, Soochow University, Suzhou 215123, People s Republic of China
Inorg Chem 51:11133-43. 2012..End-group analysis of the oligomer of rac-BBL suggested that elimination side reactions occurred slowly in these systems, which led to chain cleavage and the formation of crotonate (and carboxy) end groups...
- Short-term complications after vaginal prolapse surgery: do suture characteristics influence morbidity?A Patil
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medway NHS Foundation Trust, Gillingham, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 32:778-80. 2012..000) or to be readmitted postoperatively (p=1.000). Size 1 multifilament sutures result in higher levels of postoperative morbidity when compared with 2/0 monofilament sutures...
- Intrathecal bradykinin acts presynaptically on spinal noradrenergic terminals to produce antinociception in the ratO Laneuville
Departement de Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 159:273-83. 1989..These results suggest that BK (kinins) may inhibit spinal nociceptive sensory transmission and produce analgesia by acting presynaptically on terminals of bulbospinal NA-containing fibers...
- Influence of ethnic origin and sex on the pharmacokinetics of clazosentanPaul L M van Giersbergen
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Gewerbestrasse 16, 4123 Allschwil, Switzerland
J Clin Pharmacol 47:1374-80. 2007..7 hours. The data suggest that Caucasian and Japanese patients can be treated with a similar dosing regimen of clazosentan. At the doses infused, administration of clazosentan was safe and well tolerated in both ethnic groups...
- [Central presynaptic receptors]E A Singer
Pharmakologisches Institut, Universitat Wien
Wien Klin Wochenschr 102:609-15. 1990..Bilateral intraspinal injection of 5,7-DHT, which interrupts the medullo-spinal serotonergic pathway, markedly attenuated the effects of local intramedullary injection of 8-OH-DPAT.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Physical properties and erosion behavior of poly(trimethylene carbonate-co-ε-caprolactone) networksErhan Bat
Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, MIRA Institute for Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Twente, P O Box 217, 7500 AE, Enschede, The Netherlands
Macromol Biosci 13:573-83. 2013..These resorbable and form-stable networks with tuneable properties may find application in a broad range of biomedical applications...
- Pharmacokinetics and metabolism of KW-4490, a selective phosphodiesterase 4 inhibitor: difference in excretion of KW-4490 and acylglucuronide metabolites between rats and cynomolgus monkeysK Fujita
Pharmacokinetic Research Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Research Center, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co Ltd, Shizuoka, Japan
Xenobiotica 38:511-26. 2008..These species differences in urinary excretion of KW-4490 and its acylglucuronide metabolites are most likely due to substrate specificity of active transporters in rat and monkey kidney...
- Randomized trial of clazosentan in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage undergoing endovascular coilingR Loch MacDonald
Division of Neurosurgery, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Stroke 43:1463-9. 2012..CONSCIOUS-3 assessed whether clazosentan reduced vasospasm-related morbidity and all-cause mortality postaSAH secured by endovascular coiling...
- Gel formation driven by tunable hydrophobic domain: design of acrylamide macromonomer with oligo hydrophobic segmentKyohei Nitta
Department of Chemistry of Functional Molecules, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Konan University, Higashinada ku, Kobe, Japan
Biomacromolecules 13:1002-9. 2012..Therefore, these amphiphilic graft copolymers containing a PTMC segment are excellent candidates for use as hydrophobic drug delivery carriers...
- Series spiral advancement flap: an alternative to the ellipseP J Weber
Division of Dermatology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Dermatol Surg 27:64-6. 2001..Proper patient and lesion selection aids in obtaining an acceptable outcome. CONCLUSION: The series spiral advancement flap has the potential to become a useful and common surgical technique...
- Selective reduction by isolation rearing of 5-HT1A receptor-mediated dopamine release in vivo in the frontal cortex of miceY Ago
Laboratory of Medicinal Pharmacology, and Laboratory of Molecular Neuropharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
J Neurochem 83:353-9. 2002..The present findings suggest that isolation rearing enhances the activity of cortical dopaminergic neurons and reduces selectively the 5-HT1A receptor-mediated release of DA in the cortex...
- Self-assembly and host-guest chemistry of a 3.5-nm coordination nanotubeTakumi Yamaguchi
Department of Applied Chemistry, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Chem Asian J 2:468-76. 2007..Tetrathiafulvalene (TTF)-terminated linear guests were directly oxidized to TTF2+ in the tube, but reduced stepwise via TTF+ outside the tube...
- Lightweight partially absorbable monofilament mesh (polypropylene/poliglecaprone 25) for TAPP inguinal hernia repair: initial experienceFerdinando Agresta
Department of General Surgery, Ospedale Civile, Via Forlanini, 71, 31029 Vittorio Veneto, Italy
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 17:91-4. 2007....
- Adhesion and growth of human Schwann cells on trimethylene carbonate (co)polymersAna Paula Pêgo
Institute for Biomedical Technology BMTI and Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Twente, P O Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
J Biomed Mater Res A 67:876-85. 2003..The results indicate that all tested materials support the adhesion and proliferation of HSCs and can in principle be used for the preparation of flexible and slowly degrading nerve guides...
- Inhibition of glucosylceramide accumulation results in effective blockade of polycystic kidney disease in mouse modelsThomas A Natoli
Department of Cell Biology, Genzyme Corporation, Framingham, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 16:788-92. 2010..Taken together, our data suggest that inhibition of GlcCer synthesis represents a new and effective treatment option for PKD...
- Distribution of 1,4-dioxane and N, N-dimethylformamide in river water from Niigata, JapanK Kawata
Niigata Prefectural Institute of Public Health and Environment Sciences, 314 1 Sowa, Niigata 950 2144, Japan
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 70:876-82. 2003
- Clazosentan: prevention of cerebral vasospasm and the potential to overcome infarctionJuergen Beck
Department of Neurosurgery, Inselspital, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Acta Neurochir Suppl 110:147-50. 2011..Two additional large-scale studies (CONSCIOUS-2 and CONSCIOUS-3) are now underway to further investigate the potential of clazosentan to improve long-term clinical outcome...
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2009..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- MECHANISMS AND SITES OF VENTILATORY NEUROGENESISWALTER ST JOHN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such information might provide insights into dysfunctions of the control of ventilation in humans, such as in "sleep apnea" or the "sudden infant death syndrome." [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CHRONIC CEREBRAL VASOSPASMRobert MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Inhibitors of Hedgehog Signaling For Brain Cancer ChemotherapyJEFFREY D contact WINKLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The studies outlined herein therefore hold the promise of developing important new tools in cancer biology and new drug candidates for the treatment of brain cancers. ..
- Pittsburgh Molecular Libraries Screening Center(RMI)JOHN LAZO; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NEW RHODIUM-CATALYZED ALLYLIC ALKYLATION REACTIONSP Evans; Fiscal Year: 2006..The development of a temporary silicon-tethered (TST) rhodium-catalyzed [4+2+2] carbocyclization approach to the diterpene, epoxydictymene. ..
- Chemical Complementation Assay for MKP-1 (RMI)JOHN LAZO; Fiscal Year: 2005..This proposal will provide sufficient reagents, including cells and DMA transfection vectors, to permit the high throughput screening of 100,000 compounds. ..
- In Vitro High Throughput Screening Assay for MKP-1(RMI)JOHN LAZO; Fiscal Year: 2005..No potent or selective small molecule inhibitors of this protein phosphatase are known. This proposal will provide sufficient reagents to permit a high throughput screening of 100,000 compounds. ..
- In Vitro High Throughput Screening Assay for MKP-3(RMI)JOHN LAZO; Fiscal Year: 2005..Nonetheless, no potent or selective small molecule inhibitors of this protein phosphatase have been identified. This proposal will provide sufficient reagents to permit a high throughput screening of 100,000 compounds ..
- Chemical Complementation Assay for MKP-3 (RMI)JOHN LAZO; Fiscal Year: 2005..This proposal will provide sufficient reagents, including cells and DMA transfection vectors, to permit the high throughput screening of 100,000 compounds. ..
- STEREOSELECTIVE SYNTHESIS OF CYCLIC ETHERSP Evans; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we will examine a series bismuth-catalyzed bis-reductive etherification reactions for the construction of linear fused polycyclic ethers. ..
- BIOCHEMICAL REGULATORS OF BLEOMYCIN INDUCED TUMORSJOHN LAZO; Fiscal Year: 2001..The Specific Aims are to: 1) develop cells and mice deficient in BH, 2) develop cells and mice that overexpress BH, 3) isolate and characterize potential proteins that interact with BH and, 4) analyze the regulation of BH expression. ..
- Bleomycin Hydrolase and Alzheimer's DiseaseJOHN LAZO; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies should provide new mechanistic information concerning the pathogenesis of AD as well as reagents for future therapeutic studies. ..
- THIOREDOXIN REDUCTASES AND CANCERGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Small-Molecule Probes for Conditional Modulation of the Synapse ProteomeStephen Haggarty; Fiscal Year: 2007..In the future chemical biology in general, and chemical genetics in particular, will play an important role in catalyzing new discoveries and potentially insight into function of the nervous system. ..
- Survival Signals for Molecular Target AssessmentGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2006..The work will provide important insights into the way these new types of agents can be developed and how their clinical trial should be conducted. ..
- Synthesis of Bioactive SubstancesJeffrey Winkler; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Clinically relevant large animal model of rotator cuff injury and repairKathleen Derwin; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A role for intrinsic tendon cells in overuse injuryKathleen Derwin; Fiscal Year: 2005..A role for intrinsic tendon cells in the pathogenesis of tendon overuse injury would be implied by a lower damage threshold in vital tendon. ..
- Vinylogous Amide Photochemistry in Organic SynthesisJeffrey Winkler; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Inhibitors of Akt Signaling in Pancreatic CancerGarth Powis; Fiscal Year: 2009..The PtdIns-3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway is upregulated in many pancreatic cancers making it an ideal target for drugs to treat the disease. ..