Genomes and Genes
Summary: An imidazole antifungal agent that is used topically and by intravenous infusion.
Publications208 found, 100 shown here
- [Drug-drug interaction of antifungal drugs]Toshiro Niwa
Post Marketing Product Development, Astellas Pharma Inc, Osaka, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 125:795-805. 2005..pharmacokinetic drug-drug interactions with antifungal drugs, including fluconazole, itraconazole, micafungin, miconazole, and voriconazole...
- Antifungal activity of miconazole against recent Candida strainsN Isham
Center for Medical Mycology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Mycoses 53:434-7. 2010b>Miconazole (MICON) has long been used for the topical treatment of mucosal candidiasis...
- Superoxide dismutases are involved in Candida albicans biofilm persistence against miconazoleAnna Bink
Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics, CMPG, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:4033-7. 2011We investigated the cellular mechanisms responsible for the occurrence of miconazole-tolerant persisters in Candida albicans biofilms. Miconazole induced about 30% killing of sessile C. albicans cells at 75 μM...
- Miconazole induces fungistasis and increases killing of Candida albicans subjected to photodynamic therapySara B Snell
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Photochem Photobiol 88:596-603. 2012..Based on the ability of the antifungal miconazole to induce ROS in Candida, we tested several azole antifungals for their ability to augment PDT in vitro...
- Fungicidal activity of miconazole against Candida spp. biofilmsDavy Vandenbosch
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:694-700. 2010Although azole antifungals are considered to be fungistatic, miconazole has fungicidal activity against planktonic Candida albicans cells, presumably associated with the induction of reactive oxygen species (ROS) production...
- Endogenous reactive oxygen species is an important mediator of miconazole antifungal effectDaisuke Kobayashi
Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine Division of Laboratory Diagnosis, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3113-7. 2002We investigated the significance of endogenous reactive oxygen species (ROS) produced by fungi treated with miconazole. ROS production in Candida albicans was measured by a real-time fluorogenic assay...
- L(9) orthogonal design assisted formulation and evaluation of chitosan-based buccoadhesive films of miconazole nitrateS Tiwari
Department of Pharmaceutics, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
Curr Drug Deliv 6:305-16. 2009The present study was aimed to prepare and evaluate buccoadhesive films of miconazole nitrate (MCZ)...
- Efficacy and tolerability of sertaconazole nitrate 2% cream vs. miconazole in patients with cutaneous dermatophytosisA Sharma
Medical Services, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Mumbai, India
Mycoses 54:217-22. 2011Sertaconazole is a new antifungal agent. To compare the efficacy and tolerability of sertaconazole and miconazole cream in cutaneous dermatophytosis, this prospective, randomized, multicentric comparative, phase 4 study was undertaken in ..
- Preparation and evaluation of miconazole nitrate-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles for topical deliveryMangesh R Bhalekar
AISSMS College of Pharmacy, Kennedy Road, Pune, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 10:289-96. 2009The purpose of this study was to prepare miconazole nitrate (MN) loaded solid lipid nanoparticles (MN-SLN) effective for topical delivery of miconazole nitrate...
- Diaper dermatitis: a therapeutic dilemma. Results of a double-blind placebo controlled trial of miconazole nitrate 0.25%P Concannon
Royal North Shore Hospital, St. Leonards, New South Wales, Australia
Pediatr Dermatol 18:149-55. 2001..This placebo-controlled, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group trial compared the efficacy and safety of miconazole nitrate 0...
- Membrane rafts are involved in intracellular miconazole accumulation in yeast cellsIsabelle E J A Francois
Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
J Biol Chem 284:32680-5. 2009..We demonstrated previously that miconazole induces actin cytoskeleton stabilization in Saccharomyces cerevisiae prior to induction of reactive oxygen ..
- Blockade of HERG cardiac K+ current by antifungal drug miconazoleKan Kikuchi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health Japan, Kitakyushu, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 144:840-8. 20051. Miconazole, an imidazole antifungal agent, is associated with acquired long QT syndrome and ventricular arrhythmias...
- The effect of ambulation on vaginal distribution of miconazole nitrate (1200 mg)Seema Menon
Reproductive Research Unit, Penn Fertility Care, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:703-6. 2007To evaluate the effect activity has on the vaginal distribution of a 1200 mg miconazole nitrate gelatin encapsulated insert, an antifungal agent commonly used to treat vaginal vulvocandidiasis.
- Methyl jasmonate and miconazole differently affect arteminisin production and gene expression in Artemisia annua suspension culturesS Caretto
Istituto di Scienze delle Produzioni Alimentari, CNR, Lecce, Italy
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 13:51-8. 2011..annua suspension cultures were established in order to investigate the effects of methyl jasmonate (MeJA) and miconazole on artemisinin biosynthesis...
- Miconazole oral gel increases exposure to oral oxycodone by inhibition of CYP2D6 and CYP3A4Juha Grönlund
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care, and Pain Medicine, University of Turku, P O Box 52, Kiinamyllynkatu 4 8, FI 20520 Turku, Finland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1063-7. 2011Our aim was to assess the effect of miconazole oral gel on the pharmacokinetics of oral oxycodone...
- Preparation of a novel iodide-selective electrode based on iodide-miconazole ion-pair and its application to pharmaceutical analysisFahimeh Jalali
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Razii University, Kermanshah, Iran
Anal Sci 21:1533-5. 2005An iodide-miconazole ion-paired complex was used as a suitable ion-exchanger for the preparation of a plasticized-PVC membrane electrode...
- New beauvericins, potentiators of antifungal miconazole activity, Produced by Beauveria sp. FKI-1366. II. Structure elucidationTakashi Fukuda
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 57:117-24. 2004The structures of beauvericins D, E and F, novel potentiators of miconazole activity against Candida albicans produced by Beauveria sp...
- In vitro synergism between berberine and miconazole against planktonic and biofilm Candida culturesGuo Xian Wei
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Dentistry, MC850, Chicago, IL 60612 7212, USA
Arch Oral Biol 56:565-72. 2011..To investigate the antimycotic activity of the plant alkaloid berberine (BBR), alone and in combination with antifungal azoles, against planktonic and biofilm Candida cultures...
- Susceptibility of Candida albicans biofilms grown in a constant depth film fermentor to chlorhexidine, fluconazole and miconazole: a longitudinal studyHanadi Lamfon
Division of Infection and Immunity, Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 53:383-5. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the resistance of Candida albicans biofilms to both antifungal and antimicrobial agents in vitro...
- Cyclodextrin-functionalized biomaterials loaded with miconazole prevent Candida albicans biofilm formation in vitroCesar A B Nava-Ortiz
Departamento de Quimica de Radiaciones y Radioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Nucleares, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico DF 04510, Mexico
Acta Biomater 6:1398-404. 2010..functionalization with CDs provided PE and PP with the capability to incorporate the anti-fungal drug miconazole (up to 0.27 mg cm(-2)), leading to reduced biofilm formation by C. albicans in an in vitro biofilm model system...
- Spectrophotometric resolution of metronidazole and miconazole nitrate in ovules using ratio spectra derivative spectrophotometry and RP-LCN Erk
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ankara, Tandogan, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
J Pharm Biomed Anal 25:115-22. 2001Metronidazole and miconazole nitrate in ovules was determined by ratio spectra derivative spectrophotometry and by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)...
- Comparison of the chiral resolution of econazole, miconazole, and sulconazole by HPLC using normal-phase amylose CSPsH Y Aboul-Enein
Biological and Medical Research Department, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Fresenius J Anal Chem 370:951-5. 2001Resolution of the enantiomers of (+/-)-econazole, (+/-)-miconazole, and (+/-)-sulconazole has been achieved on different normal-phase chiral amylose columns, Chi-ralpak AD, AS, and AR...
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of miconazole 50-mg mucoadhesive buccal tablets with miconazole 500-mg gel in the treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis: a prospective, randomized, single-blind, multicenter, comparative, phase III trial in patients Rene Jean Bensadoun
Department of Radiation Oncology, Antoine Lacassagne Center, Nice, France
Cancer 112:204-11. 2008..b>Miconazole Lauriad 50-mg mucoadhesive buccal tablet (MBT) Loramyc reportedly delivered rapid and prolonged, effective ..
- Reduction of fluconazole susceptibility of Candida albicans in APECED patients due to long-term use of ketoconazole and miconazoleRiina Rautemaa
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Finland
Scand J Infect Dis 40:904-7. 2008..Significantly more y of usage of ketoconazole and miconazole preceded the isolation of strains with decreased susceptibility to fluconazole than susceptible isolates (p=0...
- Antitumor effects of miconazole on human colon carcinoma xenografts in nude mice through induction of apoptosis and G0/G1 cell cycle arrestChih Hsiung Wu
School of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 180:22-35. 2002b>Miconazole (MIC), a promising oral antifungal agent, has been used worldwide in the treatment of superficial mycosis...
- Determination of miconazole in pharmaceutical creams using internal standard and second derivative spectrophotometryK Wrobel
Instituto de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad de Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico
J Pharm Biomed Anal 20:99-105. 1999A simple method is proposed for miconazole determination in pharmaceutical creams, based on extraction and second derivative spectrophotometry. In the presence of sodium lauryl sulfate (0.5%) and sulphuric acid (0...
- Miconazole induces changes in actin cytoskeleton prior to reactive oxygen species induction in yeastKarin Thevissen
Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Heverlee, Belgium
J Biol Chem 282:21592-7. 2007The antifungal compound miconazole inhibits ergosterol biosynthesis and induces reactive oxygen species (ROS) in susceptible yeast species...
- Inhibitory effect of miconazole on melanogenesisYeun Ja Mun
Department of Herbal Resources, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Jeonbuk, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 27:806-9. 2004b>Miconazole (MIC), a regional antifungal agent, has been used worldwide in the treatment of superficial mycosis. However, the effect of MIC on skin pigmentation is not known...
- Randomized, comparative, double-blind, double-dummy, multicenter trial of miconazole buccal tablet and clotrimazole troches for the treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis: study of miconazole Lauriad® efficacy and safety (SMiLES)Jose A Vazquez
Division of Infectious Diseases, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
HIV Clin Trials 11:186-96. 2010..Once-daily miconazole 50 mg buccal tablet (MBT) is a novel delivery system using an extended-spectrum azole with potent in vitro ..
- Application of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy for quantitative analysis of miconazole, metronidazole and sulfamethoxazole in pharmaceutical and urine samplesA A Salem
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, UAE University, Al Ain, UAE
J Pharm Biomed Anal 41:654-61. 2006Specific, accurate and precise NMR methods were developed for determining miconazole, metronidazole and sulfamethoxazole antibiotic drugs in authentic, pharmaceutical and urine samples...
- Comparative efficacy of topical therapy with a slow-release mucoadhesive buccal tablet containing miconazole nitrate versus systemic therapy with ketoconazole in HIV-positive patients with oropharyngeal candidiasisJens Van Roey
Tibotec BVBA, Mechelen, Belgium
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:144-50. 2004This randomized comparative study assessed the efficacy and safety of a 10-mg once-daily topical regimen of miconazole nitrate mucoadhesive buccal tablet (n = 178) versus a 400-mg once-daily systemic regimen of ketoconazole (n = 179) in ..
- Susceptibility to 5-fluorocytosine, miconazole and amphotericin B of Candida albicans strains isolated from the throat of non-AIDS patientsGloria Luz Paniagua
Facultad de Estudios Superiores Iztacala, UNAM
Rev Latinoam Microbiol 44:65-8. 2002..Minimal inhibitory concentrations (MIC) of 5-fluorocytosine, miconazole and amphotericin B were determined by microtiter broth dilution...
- Topical corticosteroids in association with miconazole and chlorhexidine in the long-term management of atrophic-erosive oral lichen planus: a placebo-controlled and comparative study between clobetasol and fluocinonideM Carbone
Department of Oral Medicine, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Turin, Italy
Oral Dis 5:44-9. 1999..To evaluate the efficacy of a combination of topical corticosteroids with topical antimycotic drugs in the therapy of atrophic-erosive forms of oral lichen planus (OLP)...
- Chemopreventive efficacy of anethole trithione, N-acetyl-L-cysteine, miconazole and phenethylisothiocyanate in the DMBA-induced rat mammary cancer modelR A Lubet
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Bethesda, MD, USA
Int J Cancer 72:95-101. 1997The chemopreventive efficacy of N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC), anethole trithione, miconazole and phenethylisothiocyanate (PEITC), each of which would be expected to alter carcinogen metabolism, was examined in the dimethylbenzanthracene (..
- Lipid-covered drug particles: combined action of dioctadecyldimethylammonium bromide and amphotericin B or miconazoleNilton Lincopan
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de São Paulo CP 26077, Avenida Lineu Prestes 748 Butantã, CEP 05513 970, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:66-75. 2006Coverage of antifungal drug particles (miconazole and amphotericin B) with cationic lipid and evaluation of a synergistic action between lipid and drug.
- Prevention of onychomycosis reinfection for patients with complete cure of all 10 toenails: results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled, pilot study of prophylactic miconazole powder 2%Erin M Warshaw
Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 53:717-20. 2005..double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial involving 48 participants was to determine if biweekly miconazole powder prevents onychomycosis recurrence...
- Mucoadhesive buccal patches of miconazole nitrate: in vitro/in vivo performance and effect of ageingNoha A Nafee
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt
Int J Pharm 264:1-14. 2003Mucoadhesive patches containing 10mg miconazole nitrate were evaluated...
- In vitro synergic antifungal effect of MUC7 12-mer with histatin-5 12-mer or miconazoleGuo Xian Wei
Department of Oral Biology, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 53:750-8. 2004..In this study we examined the MUC7 12-mer antifungal activity alone or in combination with other antifungal agents in LYM medium (modified RPMI 1640)...
- Dynamics of skin barrier repair following topical applications of miconazole nitrateE Xhauflaire-Uhoda
Department of Dermatopathology, University Hospital of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 19:290-4. 2006..Previous clinical studies have shown some inflammatory effect after topical applications of miconazole. The aim of this study was to compare the effect of pastes (petrolatum and 15% zinc oxide) containing or not ..
- Tensidols, new potentiators of antifungal miconazole activity, produced by Aspergillus niger FKI-2342Takashi Fukuda
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 59:480-5. 2006..Tensidols A and B potentiated miconazole activity against Candida albicans...
- Physical and chemical stability of miconazole liposomes prepared by supercritical aerosol solvent extraction system (ASES) processSarinnate Kunastitchai
Department of Manufacturing Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Pharm Dev Technol 12:361-70. 2007The aerosol solvent extraction system (ASES) process was applied to prepare miconazole (MCZ) liposomes in a dry and reconstitutable form, the optimized temperature and pressure of which were 35 degrees C and 8.0 MPa, respectively...
- The use of the antifungal agent miconazole as an inhibitor of Blastocystis hominis growth in Entamoeba histolytica/E. dispar culturesAlessandra Queiroga Gonçalves
Laboratório de Doenças Parasitárias, Departamento de Medicina Tropical, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 49:201-2. 2007..The present study reports on the excellent efficacy (100%) of the antifungal agent miconazole in eliminating B. hominis from cultures of E. histolytica/E...
- Efficacy and tolerance of metronidazole and miconazole nitrate in treatment of vaginitisFabio Peixoto
Laboratory of Human Reproduction, Teaching Hospital, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 102:287-92. 2008To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of a vaginal pessary containing 750 mg of metronidazole and 200 mg of miconazole nitrate used daily for 7 days in the treatment of vaginitis.
- Efficacy of 7-day treatment with metronidazole+miconazole (Neo-Penotran) - a triple-active pessary for the treatment of single and mixed vaginal infectionsE Ozyurt
Onur Medical Research Ltd, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 74:35-43. 2001OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the efficacy of Neo-Penotran pessaries (metronidazole 500 mg + miconazole nitrate 100 mg) in candidal, bacterial and trichomonal vaginitis and in mixed vaginal infections...
- Preparation and in vitro/in vivo evaluation of the buccal bioadhesive properties of slow-release tablets containing miconazole nitrateFergany A Mohammed
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:321-37. 2003Slow-release buccal bioadhesive tablets of miconazole nitrate were prepared by using polymer mixtures of buccoadhesive materials such as hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, carbopol 934p, and sodium alginate...
- Preparation, characterization, and evaluation of miconazole-cyclodextrin complexes for improved oral and topical deliveryS Tenjarla
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mercer University, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Pharm Sci 87:425-9. 1998The solubility of miconazole in water increased in the presence of cyclodextrins (CDs)...
- Comparison of the pharmacokinetics of miconazole after administration via a bioadhesive slow release tablet and an oral gel to healthy male and female subjectsJ M Cardot
Laboratoire de Biopharmacie, Faculte de Pharmacie, 28 Place Henri Dunant, BP 38, F 63001 Clermont Ferrand, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 58:345-51. 2004The aim of this study was to compare salivary miconazole pharmacokinetics following once daily application of bioadhesive tablets (50 or 100 mg), vs the current treatment with a gel (3 times a day, 375 mg day(-1)).
- Miconazole gel compared with Zataria multiflora Boiss. gel in the treatment of denture stomatitisMassoud Amanlou
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, 14155 6451, Iran
Phytother Res 20:966-9. 2006An open, randomized, controlled study with two parallel treatment groups was done to evaluate the efficacy of a miconazole 2% gel compared with Zataria multiflora 0...
- Miconazole: a historical perspectiveAnnette W Fothergill
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 4:171-5. 2006b>Miconazole is an imidazole that has been successfully used for over 30 years for the treatment of superficial and cutaneous disease. This agent is distinguished from other azoles by possessing two mechanisms of action...
- Reduced colonization and infection with miconazole-rifampicin modified central venous catheters: a randomized controlled clinical trialNedim Yucel
2nd Department of Surgery, Klinikum Merheim, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:1109-15. 2004Central venous catheters (CVC) are a major cause of nosocomial bloodstream infections. Catheters modified with miconazole and rifampicin that constantly and slowly release antimicrobial substances are assumed to be beneficial in reducing ..
- The effects of amphotericin B, fluconazole and miconazole on neutrophil and lymphocyte function in a guinea pig modelD C Drummond
University of Queensland, Department of Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Mater Misericordiae Hospital, South Brisbane, Australia
J Antimicrob Chemother 36:375-84. 1995We studied the effects of amphotericin B, fluconazole and miconazole on guinea pig neutrophil and lymphocyte function. Neutrophil adherence, chemotaxis, and deoxyglucose uptake and mitogen-induced lymphocyte proliferation were examined...
- Swelling-controlled release system for the vaginal delivery of miconazoleT K Mandal
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans LA 70125, USA
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 50:337-43. 2000b>Miconazole nitrate, a fungicidal, is effective for the local treatment of vaginitis. The objective of this project was to develop a swelling-controlled release delivery system for miconazole...
- Effect of acidic ternary compounds on the formation of miconazole/cyclodextrin inclusion complexes by means of supercritical carbon dioxideValery Barillaro
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Department of Pharmacy, University of Liege, CHU Tour 4, Bat B36, Avenue de l Hopital, 1, 4000 Liege 1, Belgium
J Pharm Pharm Sci 7:378-88. 2004The aim of the study is to evaluate the effect of different acidic compounds on the inclusion of miconazole (MICO) in several cyclodextrins (CDs) using supercritical carbon dioxide (SCCO(2) ) processing.
- In vitro antifungal activity of sertaconazole compared with nine other drugs against 250 clinical isolates of dermatophytes and Scopulariopsis brevicaulisA J Carrillo-Munoz
Departamento de Microbiologia, Asesoria, Cientifica y de la Investigación Aplicada, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Chemotherapy 50:308-13. 2004..21-74 h). The antifungals used are itraconazole, ketoconazole, miconazole, clotrimazole, sertaconazole, terbinafine, tioconazole, fluconazole, isoconazole and econazole...
- Identification and in vitro antifungal susceptibility testing of 200 clinical isolates of Candida spp. responsible for fingernail infectionsValda Teixeira Figueiredo
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, PO Box 486, 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Mycopathologia 164:27-33. 2007..With azoles, lower percentages of agreement between the methodologies were observed for samples C. albicans and C. tropicalis...
- Synthesis and antifungal activity of oxygenated cholesterol derivativesJean Michel Brunel
Laboratoire Synthèse et Etude de Substances Naturelles à Activités Biologiques SESNAB, IMRN INRA 1111, Faculté des Sciences et Techniques de St Jérôme, Universite Paul Cezanne, Aix Marseille III, 13397 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Steroids 70:907-12. 2005..For example, compound 2 exhibited high activities against C. albicans (CIP 1663-86) and Amphotericine B and miconazole resistant strain C. albicans (CIP 1180-79) at a concentration of 1.5 microg/mL.
- Determination of the absolute configuration and solution conformation of the antifungal agents ketoconazole, itraconazole, and miconazole with vibrational circular dichroismDavid Dunmire
Department of Chemistry, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York 13244 4100, USA
Chirality 17:S101-8. 2005..2R,4S)-ketoconazole, (+)-(2R,4S)-itraconazole (with (S)-configuration at the sec-butyl group) and (+)-(S)-miconazole nitrate have been confirmed by using vibrational circular dichroism (VCD)...
- Citridones, new potentiators of antifungal miconazole activity, produced by Penicillium sp. FKI-1938. I. Taxonomy, fermentation, isolation and biological propertiesTakashi Fukuda
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 58:309-14. 2005..Citridones (75 microM) potentiate the miconazole activity against Candida albicans, decreasing the IC50 value of miconazole from 14.5 nM to 3...
- Phenatic acids A and B, new potentiators of antifungal miconazole activity produced by Streptomyces sp. K03-0132Takashi Fukuda
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 58:252-9. 2005..They have a common 1-hydroxy 2, 4-dimethyl benzene ring. These compounds potentiate miconazole activity against Candida albicans...
- MgMfs1, a major facilitator superfamily transporter from the fungal wheat pathogen Mycosphaerella graminicola, is a strong protectant against natural toxic compounds and fungicidesRamin Roohparvar
Laboratory of Phytopathology, Wageningen University, P O Box 8025, 6700 EE Wageningen, The Netherlands
Fungal Genet Biol 44:378-88. 2007..The results indicate that MgMfs1 is a true multidrug transporter that can function as a determinant of pathogen sensitivity and resistance to fungal toxins and fungicides...
- Successful treatment of Paecilomyces lilacinus keratitis in a patient with a history of herpes simplex virus keratitisMonika A Malecha
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Missouri, Kansas City and Eye Foundation of Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Cornea 25:1240-2. 2006..To report a case of Paecilomyces lilacinus keratitis, initially misdiagnosed as Penicillium sp., in a patient with a long-standing history of herpes simplex virus (HSV) keratitis...
- Synthesis, antifungal activity, and structure-activity relationships of coruscanone A analoguesK Suresh Babu
National Center for Natural Products Research, Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, The University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677, USA
J Med Chem 49:7877-86. 2006....
- Minimum inhibitory concentration of adherence of Punica granatum Linn (pomegranate) gel against S. mutans, S. mitis and C. albicansLaurylene César de Souza Vasconcelos
Departament of Clinical and Social Dentistry, Federal University of Paraiba, Joao Pessoa, PB, Brazil
Braz Dent J 17:223-7. 2006..was to investigate the antimicrobial effect of a Punica granatum Linn (pomegranate) phytotherapeutic gel and miconazole (Daktarin oral gel) against three standard streptococci strains (mutans ATCC 25175, sanguis ATCC 10577 and mitis ..
- Anticandidial activity of some essential oils of a mega biodiversity hotspot in IndiaB K Dutta
Biotechnology Division, Defence Research Laboratory, Tezpur, Assam, India
Mycoses 50:121-4. 2007..Callistemon lanceolatus, Cinnamomum camphora, Citrus limon, Tagetes petula, as well as two standard antibiotics, miconazole and clotrimazole, were tested in vitro for their anticandidial activity...
- Azole therapy of clinical and experimental coccidioidomycosisDavid A Stevens
Department of Medicine, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, 751 So Bascom Avenue, San Jose, CA 95128 2699, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1111:442-54. 2007..advances in the pharmacologic and antimicrobial properties of this class since the initial introduction of miconazole, and many patients with coccidioidomycosis have benefited...
- [Case of sycosis candidiasis on the upper lip]Yuki Kitami
Department of Dermatology, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Nihon Ishinkin Gakkai Zasshi 49:81-6. 2008..He was successfully treated with 2 courses of pulse therapy of oral itraconazole for sycosis candidiasis, accompanied by 2% miconazole gel for oral candidiasis.
- Deep fungal dermatitis in three inland bearded dragons (Pogona vitticeps) caused by the Chrysosporium anamorph of Nannizziopsis vriesiiMichelle R Bowman
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
Med Mycol 45:371-6. 2007..This lizard died while undergoing itraconazole and topical miconazole therapy...
- [The comparison of susceptibility of Candida albicans and Candida glabrata to miconazole]P Kurnatowski
Wiad Parazytol 47:867-73. 2001..strains isolated from patietnts treated in Centre for Treatment of Parasitic Diseases and Mycoses - to miconazole using MIC. 96.5% of strains were sensitive to miconazole; values of MIC for C. albicans were lower than for C...
- Antifungal susceptibility of epigallocatechin 3-O-gallate (EGCg) on clinical isolates of pathogenic yeastsBong Joo Park
The United Graduate School of Veterinary Sciences, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 347:401-5. 2006..agents, amphotericin B (AMPH), fluconazole (FLCZ), flucytosin (5FC), itraconazole (ITCZ), micafungin (MCFG), and miconazole (MCZ), using a method following the National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards (NCCLS) M27-A ..
- In vitro susceptibility of oral Candida to seven antifungal agentsT Kuriyama
Department of Oral Surgery, Medicine and Pathology, School of Dentistry, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Oral Microbiol Immunol 20:349-53. 2005The in vitro susceptibility of 618 Candida isolates to fluconazole, itraconazole, voriconazole, ketoconazole, miconazole, amphotericin B, and nystatin was determined...
- Modification of the fluorescein diacetate assay for screening of antifungal agents against Candida albicans: comparison with the NCCLS methodsNynke Brouwer
Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW 2109, Australia
J Microbiol Methods 66:234-41. 2006..1%, 0.1% and 1% w/v, respectively) and buffered with 10 mM BES buffer. The MICs of amphotericin B, fluconazole, miconazole and flucytosine (representing three major classes of antifungal agents) obtained by the three methods were ..
- Comparison of an antifungal agent with a mixture of antifungal, antibiotic and corticosteroid agents for the treatment of Malassezia species otitis in dogsE Bensignor
Dermatology Referral Service, 6 rue Mare Pavée, 35510 Cesson Sevigne, France
Vet Rec 158:193-5. 2006..clotrimazole, marbofloxacin and dexamethasone, and in the other ear with a topical antifungal containing miconazole. The effects of the treatments were analysed on the basis of the scores for pruritus, erythema and amount of ..
- Balanitis with eczematous perigenital intertriginous candidosisHans Jürgen Tietz
Institut für Pilzkrankheiten, Luisenstr, Berlin, Germany
Mycoses 51:46-7. 2008
- [Antifungal susceptibility among the isolates of yeast from the University Hospital of the Ryukyus]Chiaki Ohta
Clinical Laboratories, University Hospital of the Ryukyus, Nishihara, Nakagami Okinawa
Rinsho Biseibutshu Jinsoku Shindan Kenkyukai Shi 16:127-33. 2005..tropicalis and C. glabrata were estimated as being 40.6% and 13.7%, respectively. The activities of miconazole and micafungin were the most potent with MICs50, 0.125 and 0.06 microg/ml. However, the MICs of C...
- In vitro efficacy of a buffered chelating solution as an antimicrobial potentiator for antifungal drugs against fungal pathogens obtained from horses with mycotic keratitisWilliam L Weinstein
Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Am J Vet Res 67:562-8. 2006....
- Feasibility of using collagen as the base of the antifungal drug, miconazoleK Yoshida
Department of Removable Prosthodontics, Matsumoto Dental University, Nagano, Japan
J Oral Rehabil 33:363-7. 2006The feasibility of using collagen as the base of miconazole was investigated...
- [Susceptibility to itraconazole and miconazole of fungi strains isolated from the vaginal ontocenosis]A Kurnatowska
Katedra Biologii i Parazytologii Lekarskiej, , ,
Wiad Parazytol 47:131-5. 2001The activity of itraconazole (RO 51211, molecular weight 705,64) and miconazole (RO 14889, molecular weight 479,15) obtained from Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, against 100 fungi strains, was studied...
- [Treatment of fungal infections of upper respiratory tract and ear]Piotr Kurnatowski
Katedra Biologii i Genetyki Medycznej, Zakład Biologii i Parazytologii Lekarskiej Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Lodzi
Otolaryngol Pol 61:280-5. 2007..lozenges include amphotericin B, clotrimazole, chlorhexidine or chlorquinaldol and oral gels: nystatin and miconazole. Some of drugs are in the form of suspension/solution, which can be used for inhalation, into the sinus, for ..
- Modulation of human T-lymphocyte plasma membrane Ca2+ permeability by imidazole antimycoticsE H Hornstein
Department of Clinical Investigation, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307-5001, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 18:237-45. 1996..Econazole, miconazole and clotrimazole dramatically inhibited the THG mediated increase in [Ca+2]i and induced an increase in [Ca+2]i ..
- [The problem of otomycosis treatment]M I Kurdina
Voen Med Zh 324:49-51. 2003
- [Present status and future prospects of azole antifungal agents in Japan]Katsuhiko Kamei
Jpn J Antibiot 55:907-10. 2002
- Pathogenic Nocardia, Rhodococcus, and related organisms are highly susceptible to imidazole antifungalsEric R Dabbs
School of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:1476-8. 2003..from closely related genera, are highly susceptible to the imidazoles bifonazole, clotrimazole, econazole, and miconazole, whose MICs are </=1 micro g/ml...
- In vitro activities of 10 antifungal drugs against 508 dermatophyte strainsB Fernandez-Torres
Unitat de Microbiologia, Facultat de Medicina and Institut d Estudis Avançats, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:2524-8. 2001..The antifungals used were itraconazole, ketoconazole, miconazole, clotrimazole, voriconazole, terbinafine, amphotericin B, fluconazole, UR-9825, and G-1...
- Antifungal agents of use in animal health--chemical, biochemical and pharmacological aspectsH Vanden Bossche
Steenweg op Gierle 68, B 2300 Turnhout, Belgium
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 26:5-29. 2003..This review includes chemical aspects, spectra of activity, mechanisms of action and resistance, adverse reactions and drug interactions of the antifungals in current use...
- Colonization of voice prostheses by albicans and non-albicans Candida speciesTiene G M Bauters
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Ghent University, Belgium
Laryngoscope 112:708-12. 2002..e., miconazole, fluconazole, and nystatin).
- Antifungal drug susceptibilities of commensal Candida isolatesAnn R Holmes
Department of Oral Sciences and Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Otago, PO Box 647, Dunedin
N Z Dent J 98:36-9. 2002..broth microdilution method for susceptibility to fluconazole and to a related over-the-counter azole antifungal, miconazole. A positive correlation between susceptibility to fluconazole and to miconazole was observed...
- Funicone-related compounds, potentiators of antifungal miconazole activity, produced by Talaromycesflavus FKI-0076Masayoshi Arai
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences, Kitasato University, Tokyo, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 55:172-80. 2002..FKI-0076, a soil isolate, was found to produce compounds which reinforce the anti-Candida albicans activity of miconazole. Four structurally related compounds, a novel one, designated actofunicone, and the knowns deoxyfunicone, ..
- [Vaginal candidiasis: etiology and sensitivity profile to antifungal agents in clinical use]A M Saporiti
, , La Plata, Pcia. de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Argent Microbiol 33:217-22. 2001..Fluconazole resistant C. albicans were isolated in 13.46% of the cases. Thus, further studies are required to correlate the possible role of these strains in recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis...
- Comparison of in vitro activities of amphotericin, clotrimazole, econazole, miconazole, and nystatin against Fusarium oxysporumM N Tzatzarakis
Department of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
J Environ Sci Health B 36:331-40. 2001The inhibitory activity of amphotericin B, clotrimazole, econazole, miconazole and nystatin was compared against Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. radicis-cucumerinum...
- Effect of antifungal azoles on the heme detoxification system of malarial parasiteNguyen Tien Huy
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Matsugasaki, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
J Biochem 131:437-44. 2002The antimalarial activities of some antifungal azole agents (ketoconazole, miconazole, and clotrimazole) have been known for several years, however, their antimalarial mechanism remains equivocal...
- [Antifungal susceptibility of clinically isolated Candida albicans by broth microdilution method]T Yamazumi
Department of Clinical Pathology, Kinki University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:813-9. 1998..The antifungal agents tested were fluconazole, miconazole, intraconazole, amphotericin B and flucytosine...
- [Evaluation of effective treatment drugs against Acanthamoeba cyst]K Tahara
Clinical Laboratory, Osaka University Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 71:1025-30. 1997..confirmed Acanthamoeba keratitis were tested in vitro for sensitivity to antimycotic agents such as fluconazole, miconazole, amphotericin-B, pimaricin, antiprotozoal agents such as pentamidine isetionate and antiseptics which could be ..
- Strategy for the development of automated methods involving dialysis and trace enrichment as on-line sample preparation for the determination of basic drugs in plasma by liquid chromatographyP Chiap
Department of Analytical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Institute of Pharmacy, University of Liege, Avenue de l Hopital 1, CHU B36, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 948:151-61. 2002..of this method development strategy, an automated procedure based on the coupling of dialysis with trace enrichment has been developed for the LC determination of antifungal agents (clotrimazole, econazole and miconazole) in plasma.
- Effects of cytochrome P450 inhibitors on agonist-induced Ca2+ responses and production of NO and PGI2 in vascular endothelial cellsKazuhiko Takeuchi
Department of Internal Medicine III, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Handayama, Hamamatsu, Japan
Mol Cell Biochem 248:129-34. 2003..To this end, structurally different CYP inhibitors including SKF 525A, econazole and miconazole were tested on primary cultured porcine aortic endothelial cells...
- SRE1 and SRE2 are two specific steroid-responsive modules of Candida drug resistance gene 1 (CDR1) promoterNeerja Karnani
School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
Yeast 21:219-39. 2004..Both SRE1 and SRE2 were specific for steroids, as they did not respond to other drugs, such as cycloheximide, miconazole and terbinafine...
- Patterns of antifungal prescribing in general dental practiceR J Oliver
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Dental Hospital of Manchester
Br Dent J 196:701-3; discussion 687; quiz 707. 2004..To examine the current practice of antifungal prescribing by GDPs in the United Kingdom. Design A postal questionnaire circulated to a random selection of 400 dentists...
- Experimental evaluation of antifungal and antiseptic agents against Rhodotorula sppL Preney
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Rennes, France
Mycoses 46:492-5. 2003..amphotericin B, and nystatin, intermediate to econazole and resistant to fluconazole, itraconazole and miconazole. After 5-min contact, six of the eight antiseptic agents tested showed a fungicidal activity on the tested R...
- In vitro activities of the new antifungal drug eberconazole and three other topical agents against 200 strains of dermatophytesBelkys Fernández-Torres
Unitat de Microbiologia, Facultat de Medicina i Ciencies de la Salut, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, 43201 Reus, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 41:5209-11. 2003..drug eberconazole with those of three other topical antifungal agents, clotrimazole, ketoconazole, and miconazole, against 200 strains of dermatophytes...
- New beauvericins, potentiators of antifungal miconazole activity, Produced by Beauveria sp. FKI-1366. I. Taxonomy, fermentation, isolation and biological propertiesTakashi Fukuda
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 57:110-6. 2004..FKI-1366 by solvent extraction, ODS column chromatography and HPLC. These compounds potentiate miconazole activity against not only wild Candida albicans but also fluconazole resistant C. albicans...
- In vitro antifungal susceptibility of Candida spp. isolates from patients with chronic periodontitis and from control patientsCristiane Yumi Koga Ito
Department of Biosciences and Oral Diagnosis, School of Dentistry of São José dos Campos, Sao Paulo State University
Braz Oral Res 18:80-4. 2004..glabrata was resistant to ketoconazole and 1 Candida spp. was resistant to amphotericin B, ketoconazole and miconazole. Among the isolates of periodontitis group, 1 (3.33%) C...
- Sertaconazole: a review of its use in the management of superficial mycoses in dermatology and gynaecologyJamie D Croxtall
Wolters Kluwer Health Adis, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 69:339-59. 2009..dermatophytoses, and a significantly greater proportion of patients were cured compared with those receiving 2% miconazole cream twice-daily treatment...
- ANTIFUNGAL RESPONSE--MDR INDUCTIONThomas Edlind; Fiscal Year: 2002..Candida albicans, Candida krusei, or Saccharomyces cerevisiae to certain drugs (including the antifungal azoles miconazole and clotrimazole, the benzimidazole albendazole, and sulfadiazine) induced a 3 to > 10-fold increase in mRNAs ..
- Estrogen and brain vascular inflammation in diabeticsDale Pelligrino; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of these studies will permit us to gain an understanding of some of the mechanisms behind estrogen's conversion to the "dark side" and should lead to improvements in the clinical efficacy of hormone replacement treatments. ..
- TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY RESEARCH SCIENTIST AWARDAdebayo Oyekan; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- 20-HETE IN NO-MEDIATED REGULATION OF RENAL FUNCTIONAdebayo Oyekan; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- CANDIDACIDAL MECHANISMS OF SALIVARY HISTATINSMira Edgerton; Fiscal Year: 2007..albicans microarray analysis. An understanding of the mechanism of Hst 5-induced killing and the nature of its specificity for yeast cells over human cells will contribute to future development of improved antifungal drugs. ..
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2007..These collaborative experiments between pharmacologists, neurophysiologists and chemists will discover the mechanism of action of this novel class of agents and lead to the development of new, non-opioid pharmacotherapies for pain. ..
- RISK FACTORS AS PREDICTORS OF ECTOPIC PREGNANCYKurt Barnhart; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Estrogen and EDHF in NO DeficiencyAn Huang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The knowledge generated by these studies will unravel the roles of estrogen in the regulation of arteriolar function related specifically to the involvement of EDHF-mediated dilator pathways in adaptation to NO deficiency. ..
- RISK FACTORS AS PREDICTORS OF ECTOPIC PREGNANCYKurt T Barnhart; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CANDIDACIDAL MECHANISMS OF SALIVARY HISTATINSMira Edgerton; Fiscal Year: 2009..albicans. The proposed experiments will be accomplished during the final year of the parent grant and accelerate the tempo of our research by generating new data for additional publications and a new research project. ..
- Vascular adhesion protein-1 (VAP-1) as a therapeutic target in strokeDALE ALAN PELLIGRINO; Fiscal Year: 2010..The present project utilizes a selective pharmacologic approach that targets a novel protein which appears to be important in the trafficking of all leukocyte subsets and, therefore, may prove to have wide-ranging clinical efficacy. ..
- P450 Epoxygenase Mechanisms of Opioid AnalgesiaLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will uncover new biochemical mechanisms for pain relief, and test a new group of chemicals for pain-relieving properties. This research could lead to the development of new, non-addicting pain relievers. ..
- Estrogen and EDHF in NO DeficiencyAn Huang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, this project is to study how endothelial cells release the agents when stimulated with estrogen and shear stress. ..
- Astrocytes and neurovascular couplingDale Pelligrino; Fiscal Year: 2009..The central hypothesis is that astrocytes and the glia limitans represent a vital signaling conduit in the pial arteriolar dilation arising from neural activation. ..
- NITRIC OXIDE AND IN VIVO BRAIN ARTERIOLAR RELAXATIONDale Pelligrino; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 1999..These studies will clarify the mechanisms by which MOR relieves pain, enhance the understanding of histaminergic antinociceptive mechanisms, and may lead to the discovery of non-addicting, novel medications for the treatment of pain. ..
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANALGESIALINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 1992..These studies will enhance our knowledge of antinociceptive mechanisms, and may lead to the development of novel, clinically useful agents for the relief of pain...
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- HISTATIN RECEPTORS AS DRUG TARGETS FOR ORAL CANDIDIASISMira Edgerton; Fiscal Year: 2003..This award would provide her the opportunity to extend her background in yeast biology to the molecular level and apply this new expertise to studies of virulence and pathogenesis of oral and systemic candidiasis. ..
- RISK FACTORS AS PREDICTORS OF ECTOPIC PREGNANCYKurt Barnhart; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Astrocytes and neurovascular couplingDALE ALAN PELLIGRINO; Fiscal Year: 2010..The central hypothesis is that astrocytes and the glia limitans represent a vital signaling conduit in the pial arteriolar dilation arising from neural activation. ..
- CANDIDACIDAL MECHANISMS OF SALIVARY HISTATINSMira Edgerton; Fiscal Year: 2010..Objectives of this proposal are to design salt-insensitive peptides that selectively target yeast cells as oral therapeutic agents for candidiasis. ..
- CANDIDACIDAL MECHANISMS OF SALIVARY HISTATINSMira Edgerton; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will contribute to characterization of novel intracellular pathways utilized by Hst to cause yeast cell death and lead to further understanding of the role of ATP efflux as a cell regulatory or signaling process. ..
- Nikkomycin Z Treatment for CoccidioidomycosisJohn Galgiani; Fiscal Year: 2006..By carrying out the proposed work, we will resume the clinical development of nikkomycin Z as a potentially curative therapy for coccidioidomycosis so that it may become a candidate for final commercial development. ..
- NITRIC OXIDE AND IN VIVO BRAIN ARTERIOLAR RELAXATIONDale Pelligrino; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide important new information regarding the mechanisms controlling a physiologic process vital to normal brain function and survival-cerebral arteriolar dilation. ..