Genomes and Genes
Summary: An imidazole antifungal agent that is used topically and by intravenous infusion.
Publications220 found, 100 shown here
- [Drug-drug interaction of antifungal drugs]Toshiro Niwa
Post Marketing Product Development, Astellas Pharma Inc, Osaka, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 125:795-805. 2005..pharmacokinetic drug-drug interactions with antifungal drugs, including fluconazole, itraconazole, micafungin, miconazole, and voriconazole...
- Antifungal activity of miconazole against recent Candida strainsN Isham
Center for Medical Mycology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Mycoses 53:434-7. 2010b>Miconazole (MICON) has long been used for the topical treatment of mucosal candidiasis...
- Synergistic effects of miconazole and polymyxin B on microbial pathogensSilvia Pietschmann
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Klinik fur Anasthesiologie und Operative Intensivmedizin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Vet Res Commun 33:489-505. 2009..To assess the value of an antibiotic combination of polymyxin B and miconazole this study examined the in vitro synergistic potential of the two drugs on Gram-negative and Gram-positive ..
- Miconazole induces fungistasis and increases killing of Candida albicans subjected to photodynamic therapySara B Snell
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Photochem Photobiol 88:596-603. 2012..Based on the ability of the antifungal miconazole to induce ROS in Candida, we tested several azole antifungals for their ability to augment PDT in vitro...
- Methyl jasmonate and miconazole differently affect arteminisin production and gene expression in Artemisia annua suspension culturesS Caretto
Istituto di Scienze delle Produzioni Alimentari, CNR, Lecce, Italy
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 13:51-8. 2011..annua suspension cultures were established in order to investigate the effects of methyl jasmonate (MeJA) and miconazole on artemisinin biosynthesis...
- Preparation and evaluation of miconazole nitrate-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles for topical deliveryMangesh R Bhalekar
AISSMS College of Pharmacy, Kennedy Road, Pune, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 10:289-96. 2009The purpose of this study was to prepare miconazole nitrate (MN) loaded solid lipid nanoparticles (MN-SLN) effective for topical delivery of miconazole nitrate...
- Funicone-related compounds, potentiators of antifungal miconazole activity, produced by Talaromycesflavus FKI-0076Masayoshi Arai
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences, Kitasato University, Tokyo, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 55:172-80. 2002..FKI-0076, a soil isolate, was found to produce compounds which reinforce the anti-Candida albicans activity of miconazole. Four structurally related compounds, a novel one, designated actofunicone, and the knowns deoxyfunicone, ..
- Inhibition of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase by miconazoleAntonio Lax
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular A, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Murcia, Campus de Espinardo, 30071 Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 283:C85-92. 2002The inhibition of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase activity by miconazole was dependent on the concentration of ATP and membrane protein...
- Eberconazole 1% cream is an effective and safe alternative for dermatophytosis treatment: multicenter, randomized, double-blind, comparative trial with miconazole 2% creamTrinidad Repiso Montero
CAP Sant Andreu, Barcelona, Spain
Int J Dermatol 45:600-4. 2006..The purpose of this trial was to evaluate the efficacy of eberconazole 1% cream compared with miconazole 2% cream in the treatment of dermatophytoses.
- The use of rifampicin-miconazole-impregnated catheters reduces the incidence of femoral and jugular catheter-related bacteremiaLeonardo Lorente
Department of Critical Care, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, La Laguna, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 47:1171-5. 2008..In previous studies, we have found a higher incidence of central venous catheter-related bacteremia among patients with femoral and central jugular accesses than among patients with other venous accesses...
- Genomewide screening for genes involved in biofilm formation and miconazole susceptibility in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeDavy Vandenbosch
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
FEMS Yeast Res 13:720-30. 2013..Previous research has shown that 1-10% of sessile Candida cells survive treatment with high doses of miconazole (a fungicidal imidazole)...
- Miconazole and nystatin used as topical antifungal drugs interact equally strongly with warfarinM Kovac
Haemostasis Department, Blood Transfusion Institute of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
J Clin Pharm Ther 37:45-8. 2012Medline search disclosed 10 case reports of interactions between oral anticoagulants and miconazole oral gel, but none so far between nystatin solution and anticoagulants...
- Ketoconazole and miconazole are antagonists of the human glucocorticoid receptor: consequences on the expression and function of the constitutive androstane receptor and the pregnane X receptorCedric Duret
INSERM U632, Hepatic Physiopathology, 1919 Route de Mende, 34293 Montpellier, France
Mol Pharmacol 70:329-39. 2006..In the current study, we investigated the effect of ketoconazole and other azole-derived drugs, miconazole and fluconazole, on the transcriptional activity of the human GR (hGR) in HeLa and HepG2 cells, and in primary ..
- Formulation and drying of miconazole and itraconazole nanosuspensionsAna M Cerdeira
Cilag AG, Hochstrasse 201, 8205 Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Int J Pharm 443:209-20. 2013b>Miconazole and itraconazole possess adequate membrane permeability, but only slight water solubility, which limits their bioavailability and antifungal effect...
- Upscaling of the hot-melt extrusion process: comparison between laboratory scale and pilot scale production of solid dispersions with miconazole and Kollicoat IRSandra Guns
Laboratory of Pharmacotechnology and Biopharmacy, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 81:674-82. 2012..b>Miconazole and Kollicoat IR were used as model drug and carrier for this study...
- In vitro antimicrobial activity of miconazole and polymyxin B against canine meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus pseudintermedius isolatesFilip Boyen
Department of Pathology, Bacteriology and Avian Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Vet Dermatol 23:381-5, e70. 2012..Meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus pseudintermedius (MRSP) infections are increasingly reported in dogs, and these bacteria may be isolated from ear infections...
- Citrinamides, new potentiators of antifungal miconazole activity, produced by Penicillium sp. FKI-1938Takashi Fukuda
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 61:550-5. 2008..Their structures were elucidated by spectroscopic analysis, including NMR and amino acid analysis. Citrinamides A and B showed moderate potentiation of miconazole activity against Candida albicans.
- Superoxide dismutases are involved in Candida albicans biofilm persistence against miconazoleAnna Bink
Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics, CMPG, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:4033-7. 2011We investigated the cellular mechanisms responsible for the occurrence of miconazole-tolerant persisters in Candida albicans biofilms. Miconazole induced about 30% killing of sessile C. albicans cells at 75 μM...
- The effect of ambulation on vaginal distribution of miconazole nitrate (1200 mg)Seema Menon
Reproductive Research Unit, Penn Fertility Care, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:703-6. 2007To evaluate the effect activity has on the vaginal distribution of a 1200 mg miconazole nitrate gelatin encapsulated insert, an antifungal agent commonly used to treat vaginal vulvocandidiasis.
- Diaper dermatitis: a therapeutic dilemma. Results of a double-blind placebo controlled trial of miconazole nitrate 0.25%P Concannon
Royal North Shore Hospital, St. Leonards, New South Wales, Australia
Pediatr Dermatol 18:149-55. 2001..This placebo-controlled, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group trial compared the efficacy and safety of miconazole nitrate 0...
- Efficacy and tolerability of sertaconazole nitrate 2% cream vs. miconazole in patients with cutaneous dermatophytosisA Sharma
Medical Services, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Mumbai, India
Mycoses 54:217-22. 2011Sertaconazole is a new antifungal agent. To compare the efficacy and tolerability of sertaconazole and miconazole cream in cutaneous dermatophytosis, this prospective, randomized, multicentric comparative, phase 4 study was undertaken in ..
- Preparation of a novel iodide-selective electrode based on iodide-miconazole ion-pair and its application to pharmaceutical analysisFahimeh Jalali
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Razii University, Kermanshah, Iran
Anal Sci 21:1533-5. 2005An iodide-miconazole ion-paired complex was used as a suitable ion-exchanger for the preparation of a plasticized-PVC membrane electrode...
- Blockade of HERG cardiac K+ current by antifungal drug miconazoleKan Kikuchi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health Japan, Kitakyushu, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 144:840-8. 20051. Miconazole, an imidazole antifungal agent, is associated with acquired long QT syndrome and ventricular arrhythmias...
- Swelling-controlled release system for the vaginal delivery of miconazoleT K Mandal
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans LA 70125, USA
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 50:337-43. 2000b>Miconazole nitrate, a fungicidal, is effective for the local treatment of vaginitis. The objective of this project was to develop a swelling-controlled release delivery system for miconazole...
- Fungicidal activity of miconazole against Candida spp. biofilmsDavy Vandenbosch
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:694-700. 2010Although azole antifungals are considered to be fungistatic, miconazole has fungicidal activity against planktonic Candida albicans cells, presumably associated with the induction of reactive oxygen species (ROS) production...
- Miconazole gel compared with Zataria multiflora Boiss. gel in the treatment of denture stomatitisMassoud Amanlou
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, 14155 6451, Iran
Phytother Res 20:966-9. 2006An open, randomized, controlled study with two parallel treatment groups was done to evaluate the efficacy of a miconazole 2% gel compared with Zataria multiflora 0...
- Endogenous reactive oxygen species is an important mediator of miconazole antifungal effectDaisuke Kobayashi
Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine Division of Laboratory Diagnosis, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3113-7. 2002We investigated the significance of endogenous reactive oxygen species (ROS) produced by fungi treated with miconazole. ROS production in Candida albicans was measured by a real-time fluorogenic assay...
- Reduced colonization and infection with miconazole-rifampicin modified central venous catheters: a randomized controlled clinical trialNedim Yucel
2nd Department of Surgery, Klinikum Merheim, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:1109-15. 2004Central venous catheters (CVC) are a major cause of nosocomial bloodstream infections. Catheters modified with miconazole and rifampicin that constantly and slowly release antimicrobial substances are assumed to be beneficial in reducing ..
- Reduction of fluconazole susceptibility of Candida albicans in APECED patients due to long-term use of ketoconazole and miconazoleRiina Rautemaa
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Finland
Scand J Infect Dis 40:904-7. 2008..Significantly more y of usage of ketoconazole and miconazole preceded the isolation of strains with decreased susceptibility to fluconazole than susceptible isolates (p=0...
- Antitumor effects of miconazole on human colon carcinoma xenografts in nude mice through induction of apoptosis and G0/G1 cell cycle arrestChih Hsiung Wu
School of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 180:22-35. 2002b>Miconazole (MIC), a promising oral antifungal agent, has been used worldwide in the treatment of superficial mycosis...
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of miconazole 50-mg mucoadhesive buccal tablets with miconazole 500-mg gel in the treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis: a prospective, randomized, single-blind, multicenter, comparative, phase III trial in patients Rene Jean Bensadoun
Department of Radiation Oncology, Antoine Lacassagne Center, Nice, France
Cancer 112:204-11. 2008..b>Miconazole Lauriad 50-mg mucoadhesive buccal tablet (MBT) Loramyc reportedly delivered rapid and prolonged, effective ..
- Inhibitory effect of miconazole on melanogenesisYeun Ja Mun
Department of Herbal Resources, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Jeonbuk, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 27:806-9. 2004b>Miconazole (MIC), a regional antifungal agent, has been used worldwide in the treatment of superficial mycosis. However, the effect of MIC on skin pigmentation is not known...
- Topical corticosteroids in association with miconazole and chlorhexidine in the long-term management of atrophic-erosive oral lichen planus: a placebo-controlled and comparative study between clobetasol and fluocinonideM Carbone
Department of Oral Medicine, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Turin, Italy
Oral Dis 5:44-9. 1999..To evaluate the efficacy of a combination of topical corticosteroids with topical antimycotic drugs in the therapy of atrophic-erosive forms of oral lichen planus (OLP)...
- Comparative efficacy of topical therapy with a slow-release mucoadhesive buccal tablet containing miconazole nitrate versus systemic therapy with ketoconazole in HIV-positive patients with oropharyngeal candidiasisJens Van Roey
Tibotec BVBA, Mechelen, Belgium
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:144-50. 2004This randomized comparative study assessed the efficacy and safety of a 10-mg once-daily topical regimen of miconazole nitrate mucoadhesive buccal tablet (n = 178) versus a 400-mg once-daily systemic regimen of ketoconazole (n = 179) in ..
- Susceptibility to 5-fluorocytosine, miconazole and amphotericin B of Candida albicans strains isolated from the throat of non-AIDS patientsGloria Luz Paniagua
Facultad de Estudios Superiores Iztacala, UNAM
Rev Latinoam Microbiol 44:65-8. 2002..Minimal inhibitory concentrations (MIC) of 5-fluorocytosine, miconazole and amphotericin B were determined by microtiter broth dilution...
- Randomized, comparative, double-blind, double-dummy, multicenter trial of miconazole buccal tablet and clotrimazole troches for the treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis: study of miconazole Lauriad® efficacy and safety (SMiLES)Jose A Vazquez
Division of Infectious Diseases, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
HIV Clin Trials 11:186-96. 2010..Once-daily miconazole 50 mg buccal tablet (MBT) is a novel delivery system using an extended-spectrum azole with potent in vitro ..
- Mucoadhesive buccal patches of miconazole nitrate: in vitro/in vivo performance and effect of ageingNoha A Nafee
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt
Int J Pharm 264:1-14. 2003Mucoadhesive patches containing 10mg miconazole nitrate were evaluated...
- Lipid-covered drug particles: combined action of dioctadecyldimethylammonium bromide and amphotericin B or miconazoleNilton Lincopan
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidade de São Paulo CP 26077, Avenida Lineu Prestes 748 Butantã, CEP 05513 970, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:66-75. 2006Coverage of antifungal drug particles (miconazole and amphotericin B) with cationic lipid and evaluation of a synergistic action between lipid and drug.
- In vitro synergic antifungal effect of MUC7 12-mer with histatin-5 12-mer or miconazoleGuo Xian Wei
Department of Oral Biology, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 53:750-8. 2004..In this study we examined the MUC7 12-mer antifungal activity alone or in combination with other antifungal agents in LYM medium (modified RPMI 1640)...
- Preparation and in vitro/in vivo evaluation of the buccal bioadhesive properties of slow-release tablets containing miconazole nitrateFergany A Mohammed
Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:321-37. 2003Slow-release buccal bioadhesive tablets of miconazole nitrate were prepared by using polymer mixtures of buccoadhesive materials such as hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, carbopol 934p, and sodium alginate...
- Physical and chemical stability of miconazole liposomes prepared by supercritical aerosol solvent extraction system (ASES) processSarinnate Kunastitchai
Department of Manufacturing Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Pharm Dev Technol 12:361-70. 2007The aerosol solvent extraction system (ASES) process was applied to prepare miconazole (MCZ) liposomes in a dry and reconstitutable form, the optimized temperature and pressure of which were 35 degrees C and 8.0 MPa, respectively...
- Prevention of onychomycosis reinfection for patients with complete cure of all 10 toenails: results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled, pilot study of prophylactic miconazole powder 2%Erin M Warshaw
Minneapolis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 53:717-20. 2005..double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial involving 48 participants was to determine if biweekly miconazole powder prevents onychomycosis recurrence...
- Tensidols, new potentiators of antifungal miconazole activity, produced by Aspergillus niger FKI-2342Takashi Fukuda
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 59:480-5. 2006..Tensidols A and B potentiated miconazole activity against Candida albicans...
- Comparison of the pharmacokinetics of miconazole after administration via a bioadhesive slow release tablet and an oral gel to healthy male and female subjectsJ M Cardot
Laboratoire de Biopharmacie, Faculte de Pharmacie, 28 Place Henri Dunant, BP 38, F 63001 Clermont Ferrand, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 58:345-51. 2004The aim of this study was to compare salivary miconazole pharmacokinetics following once daily application of bioadhesive tablets (50 or 100 mg), vs the current treatment with a gel (3 times a day, 375 mg day(-1)).
- Efficacy and tolerance of metronidazole and miconazole nitrate in treatment of vaginitisFabio Peixoto
Laboratory of Human Reproduction, Teaching Hospital, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 102:287-92. 2008To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of a vaginal pessary containing 750 mg of metronidazole and 200 mg of miconazole nitrate used daily for 7 days in the treatment of vaginitis.
- The use of the antifungal agent miconazole as an inhibitor of Blastocystis hominis growth in Entamoeba histolytica/E. dispar culturesAlessandra Queiroga Gonçalves
Laboratório de Doenças Parasitárias, Departamento de Medicina Tropical, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 49:201-2. 2007..The present study reports on the excellent efficacy (100%) of the antifungal agent miconazole in eliminating B. hominis from cultures of E. histolytica/E...
- Susceptibility of Candida albicans biofilms grown in a constant depth film fermentor to chlorhexidine, fluconazole and miconazole: a longitudinal studyHanadi Lamfon
Division of Infection and Immunity, Eastman Dental Institute, University College London, 256 Gray s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LD, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 53:383-5. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the resistance of Candida albicans biofilms to both antifungal and antimicrobial agents in vitro...
- Miconazole induces changes in actin cytoskeleton prior to reactive oxygen species induction in yeastKarin Thevissen
Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Heverlee, Belgium
J Biol Chem 282:21592-7. 2007The antifungal compound miconazole inhibits ergosterol biosynthesis and induces reactive oxygen species (ROS) in susceptible yeast species...
- New beauvericins, potentiators of antifungal miconazole activity, Produced by Beauveria sp. FKI-1366. II. Structure elucidationTakashi Fukuda
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 57:117-24. 2004The structures of beauvericins D, E and F, novel potentiators of miconazole activity against Candida albicans produced by Beauveria sp...
- Preparation, characterization, and evaluation of miconazole-cyclodextrin complexes for improved oral and topical deliveryS Tenjarla
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mercer University, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Pharm Sci 87:425-9. 1998The solubility of miconazole in water increased in the presence of cyclodextrins (CDs)...
- Application of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy for quantitative analysis of miconazole, metronidazole and sulfamethoxazole in pharmaceutical and urine samplesA A Salem
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, UAE University, Al Ain, UAE
J Pharm Biomed Anal 41:654-61. 2006Specific, accurate and precise NMR methods were developed for determining miconazole, metronidazole and sulfamethoxazole antibiotic drugs in authentic, pharmaceutical and urine samples...
- Efficacy of 7-day treatment with metronidazole+miconazole (Neo-Penotran) - a triple-active pessary for the treatment of single and mixed vaginal infectionsE Ozyurt
Onur Medical Research Ltd, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 74:35-43. 2001OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the efficacy of Neo-Penotran pessaries (metronidazole 500 mg + miconazole nitrate 100 mg) in candidal, bacterial and trichomonal vaginitis and in mixed vaginal infections...
- Determination of miconazole in pharmaceutical creams using internal standard and second derivative spectrophotometryK Wrobel
Instituto de Investigaciones Cientificas, Universidad de Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico
J Pharm Biomed Anal 20:99-105. 1999A simple method is proposed for miconazole determination in pharmaceutical creams, based on extraction and second derivative spectrophotometry. In the presence of sodium lauryl sulfate (0.5%) and sulphuric acid (0...
- L(9) orthogonal design assisted formulation and evaluation of chitosan-based buccoadhesive films of miconazole nitrateS Tiwari
Department of Pharmaceutics, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
Curr Drug Deliv 6:305-16. 2009The present study was aimed to prepare and evaluate buccoadhesive films of miconazole nitrate (MCZ)...
- Miconazole oral gel increases exposure to oral oxycodone by inhibition of CYP2D6 and CYP3A4Juha Grönlund
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Emergency Care, and Pain Medicine, University of Turku, P O Box 52, Kiinamyllynkatu 4 8, FI 20520 Turku, Finland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1063-7. 2011Our aim was to assess the effect of miconazole oral gel on the pharmacokinetics of oral oxycodone...
- Comparison of the chiral resolution of econazole, miconazole, and sulconazole by HPLC using normal-phase amylose CSPsH Y Aboul-Enein
Biological and Medical Research Department, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Fresenius J Anal Chem 370:951-5. 2001Resolution of the enantiomers of (+/-)-econazole, (+/-)-miconazole, and (+/-)-sulconazole has been achieved on different normal-phase chiral amylose columns, Chi-ralpak AD, AS, and AR...
- In vitro synergism between berberine and miconazole against planktonic and biofilm Candida culturesGuo Xian Wei
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Dentistry, MC850, Chicago, IL 60612 7212, USA
Arch Oral Biol 56:565-72. 2011..To investigate the antimycotic activity of the plant alkaloid berberine (BBR), alone and in combination with antifungal azoles, against planktonic and biofilm Candida cultures...
- Dynamics of skin barrier repair following topical applications of miconazole nitrateE Xhauflaire-Uhoda
Department of Dermatopathology, University Hospital of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 19:290-4. 2006..Previous clinical studies have shown some inflammatory effect after topical applications of miconazole. The aim of this study was to compare the effect of pastes (petrolatum and 15% zinc oxide) containing or not ..
- Superficial distribution and identification of antifungal/antimicrobial agents on a modified tissue conditioner by SEM-EDS microanalysis: a preliminary studyVanessa Migliorini Urban
School of Dentistry, Camilo Castelo Branco University, Campus Itaquera, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Prosthodont 18:603-10. 2009..This study evaluated the incorporation pattern of antifungal/antimicrobial agents added to a tissue conditioner by scanning electron microscopy-energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (SEM-EDS) analysis...
- Spectrophotometric resolution of metronidazole and miconazole nitrate in ovules using ratio spectra derivative spectrophotometry and RP-LCN Erk
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ankara, Tandogan, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
J Pharm Biomed Anal 25:115-22. 2001Metronidazole and miconazole nitrate in ovules was determined by ratio spectra derivative spectrophotometry and by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)...
- Chemopreventive efficacy of anethole trithione, N-acetyl-L-cysteine, miconazole and phenethylisothiocyanate in the DMBA-induced rat mammary cancer modelR A Lubet
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Bethesda, MD, USA
Int J Cancer 72:95-101. 1997The chemopreventive efficacy of N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC), anethole trithione, miconazole and phenethylisothiocyanate (PEITC), each of which would be expected to alter carcinogen metabolism, was examined in the dimethylbenzanthracene (..
- Cyclodextrin-functionalized biomaterials loaded with miconazole prevent Candida albicans biofilm formation in vitroCesar A B Nava-Ortiz
Departamento de Quimica de Radiaciones y Radioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Nucleares, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico DF 04510, Mexico
Acta Biomater 6:1398-404. 2010..functionalization with CDs provided PE and PP with the capability to incorporate the anti-fungal drug miconazole (up to 0.27 mg cm(-2)), leading to reduced biofilm formation by C. albicans in an in vitro biofilm model system...
- Membrane rafts are involved in intracellular miconazole accumulation in yeast cellsIsabelle E J A Francois
Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
J Biol Chem 284:32680-5. 2009..We demonstrated previously that miconazole induces actin cytoskeleton stabilization in Saccharomyces cerevisiae prior to induction of reactive oxygen ..
- Miconazole: a historical perspectiveAnnette W Fothergill
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 4:171-5. 2006b>Miconazole is an imidazole that has been successfully used for over 30 years for the treatment of superficial and cutaneous disease. This agent is distinguished from other azoles by possessing two mechanisms of action...
- Effect of acidic ternary compounds on the formation of miconazole/cyclodextrin inclusion complexes by means of supercritical carbon dioxideValery Barillaro
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology, Department of Pharmacy, University of Liege, CHU Tour 4, Bat B36, Avenue de l Hopital, 1, 4000 Liege 1, Belgium
J Pharm Pharm Sci 7:378-88. 2004The aim of the study is to evaluate the effect of different acidic compounds on the inclusion of miconazole (MICO) in several cyclodextrins (CDs) using supercritical carbon dioxide (SCCO(2) ) processing.
- The effects of amphotericin B, fluconazole and miconazole on neutrophil and lymphocyte function in a guinea pig modelD C Drummond
University of Queensland, Department of Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Mater Misericordiae Hospital, South Brisbane, Australia
J Antimicrob Chemother 36:375-84. 1995We studied the effects of amphotericin B, fluconazole and miconazole on guinea pig neutrophil and lymphocyte function. Neutrophil adherence, chemotaxis, and deoxyglucose uptake and mitogen-induced lymphocyte proliferation were examined...
- [The comparison of susceptibility of Candida albicans and Candida glabrata to miconazole]P Kurnatowski
Wiad Parazytol 47:867-73. 2001..strains isolated from patietnts treated in Centre for Treatment of Parasitic Diseases and Mycoses - to miconazole using MIC. 96.5% of strains were sensitive to miconazole; values of MIC for C. albicans were lower than for C...
- [Susceptibility to itraconazole and miconazole of fungi strains isolated from the vaginal ontocenosis]A Kurnatowska
Katedra Biologii i Parazytologii Lekarskiej, , ,
Wiad Parazytol 47:131-5. 2001The activity of itraconazole (RO 51211, molecular weight 705,64) and miconazole (RO 14889, molecular weight 479,15) obtained from Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, against 100 fungi strains, was studied...
- Citridones, new potentiators of antifungal miconazole activity, produced by Penicillium sp. FKI-1938. I. Taxonomy, fermentation, isolation and biological propertiesTakashi Fukuda
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 58:309-14. 2005..Citridones (75 microM) potentiate the miconazole activity against Candida albicans, decreasing the IC50 value of miconazole from 14.5 nM to 3...
- Phenatic acids A and B, new potentiators of antifungal miconazole activity produced by Streptomyces sp. K03-0132Takashi Fukuda
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences and Graduate School of Infection Control Sciences, Kitasato University, 5 9 1 Shirokane, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8641, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 58:252-9. 2005..They have a common 1-hydroxy 2, 4-dimethyl benzene ring. These compounds potentiate miconazole activity against Candida albicans...
- In vitro susceptibility of oral Candida to seven antifungal agentsT Kuriyama
Department of Oral Surgery, Medicine and Pathology, School of Dentistry, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Oral Microbiol Immunol 20:349-53. 2005The in vitro susceptibility of 618 Candida isolates to fluconazole, itraconazole, voriconazole, ketoconazole, miconazole, amphotericin B, and nystatin was determined...
- In vitro efficacy of a buffered chelating solution as an antimicrobial potentiator for antifungal drugs against fungal pathogens obtained from horses with mycotic keratitisWilliam L Weinstein
Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Am J Vet Res 67:562-8. 2006....
- Antifungal susceptibility of epigallocatechin 3-O-gallate (EGCg) on clinical isolates of pathogenic yeastsBong Joo Park
The United Graduate School of Veterinary Sciences, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 347:401-5. 2006..agents, amphotericin B (AMPH), fluconazole (FLCZ), flucytosin (5FC), itraconazole (ITCZ), micafungin (MCFG), and miconazole (MCZ), using a method following the National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards (NCCLS) M27-A ..
- [Antifungal susceptibility among the isolates of yeast from the University Hospital of the Ryukyus]Chiaki Ohta
Clinical Laboratories, University Hospital of the Ryukyus, Nishihara, Nakagami Okinawa
Rinsho Biseibutshu Jinsoku Shindan Kenkyukai Shi 16:127-33. 2005..tropicalis and C. glabrata were estimated as being 40.6% and 13.7%, respectively. The activities of miconazole and micafungin were the most potent with MICs50, 0.125 and 0.06 microg/ml. However, the MICs of C...
- Anticandidial activity of some essential oils of a mega biodiversity hotspot in IndiaB K Dutta
Biotechnology Division, Defence Research Laboratory, Tezpur, Assam, India
Mycoses 50:121-4. 2007..Callistemon lanceolatus, Cinnamomum camphora, Citrus limon, Tagetes petula, as well as two standard antibiotics, miconazole and clotrimazole, were tested in vitro for their anticandidial activity...
- Minimum inhibitory concentration of adherence of Punica granatum Linn (pomegranate) gel against S. mutans, S. mitis and C. albicansLaurylene César de Souza Vasconcelos
Departament of Clinical and Social Dentistry, Federal University of Paraiba, Joao Pessoa, PB, Brazil
Braz Dent J 17:223-7. 2006..was to investigate the antimicrobial effect of a Punica granatum Linn (pomegranate) phytotherapeutic gel and miconazole (Daktarin oral gel) against three standard streptococci strains (mutans ATCC 25175, sanguis ATCC 10577 and mitis ..
- Azole therapy of clinical and experimental coccidioidomycosisDavid A Stevens
Department of Medicine, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, 751 So Bascom Avenue, San Jose, CA 95128 2699, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1111:442-54. 2007..advances in the pharmacologic and antimicrobial properties of this class since the initial introduction of miconazole, and many patients with coccidioidomycosis have benefited...
- Comparison of an antifungal agent with a mixture of antifungal, antibiotic and corticosteroid agents for the treatment of Malassezia species otitis in dogsE Bensignor
Dermatology Referral Service, 6 rue Mare Pavée, 35510 Cesson Sevigne, France
Vet Rec 158:193-5. 2006..clotrimazole, marbofloxacin and dexamethasone, and in the other ear with a topical antifungal containing miconazole. The effects of the treatments were analysed on the basis of the scores for pruritus, erythema and amount of ..
- Modification of the fluorescein diacetate assay for screening of antifungal agents against Candida albicans: comparison with the NCCLS methodsNynke Brouwer
Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences, Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW 2109, Australia
J Microbiol Methods 66:234-41. 2006..1%, 0.1% and 1% w/v, respectively) and buffered with 10 mM BES buffer. The MICs of amphotericin B, fluconazole, miconazole and flucytosine (representing three major classes of antifungal agents) obtained by the three methods were ..
- Deep fungal dermatitis in three inland bearded dragons (Pogona vitticeps) caused by the Chrysosporium anamorph of Nannizziopsis vriesiiMichelle R Bowman
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
Med Mycol 45:371-6. 2007..This lizard died while undergoing itraconazole and topical miconazole therapy...
- Feasibility of using collagen as the base of the antifungal drug, miconazoleK Yoshida
Department of Removable Prosthodontics, Matsumoto Dental University, Nagano, Japan
J Oral Rehabil 33:363-7. 2006The feasibility of using collagen as the base of miconazole was investigated...
- Synthesis, antifungal activity, and structure-activity relationships of coruscanone A analoguesK Suresh Babu
National Center for Natural Products Research, Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, The University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677, USA
J Med Chem 49:7877-86. 2006....
- Identification and in vitro antifungal susceptibility testing of 200 clinical isolates of Candida spp. responsible for fingernail infectionsValda Teixeira Figueiredo
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, PO Box 486, 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Mycopathologia 164:27-33. 2007..With azoles, lower percentages of agreement between the methodologies were observed for samples C. albicans and C. tropicalis...
- Successful treatment of Paecilomyces lilacinus keratitis in a patient with a history of herpes simplex virus keratitisMonika A Malecha
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Missouri, Kansas City and Eye Foundation of Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Cornea 25:1240-2. 2006..To report a case of Paecilomyces lilacinus keratitis, initially misdiagnosed as Penicillium sp., in a patient with a long-standing history of herpes simplex virus (HSV) keratitis...
- MgMfs1, a major facilitator superfamily transporter from the fungal wheat pathogen Mycosphaerella graminicola, is a strong protectant against natural toxic compounds and fungicidesRamin Roohparvar
Laboratory of Phytopathology, Wageningen University, P O Box 8025, 6700 EE Wageningen, The Netherlands
Fungal Genet Biol 44:378-88. 2007..The results indicate that MgMfs1 is a true multidrug transporter that can function as a determinant of pathogen sensitivity and resistance to fungal toxins and fungicides...
- Synthesis and antifungal activity of oxygenated cholesterol derivativesJean Michel Brunel
Laboratoire Synthèse et Etude de Substances Naturelles à Activités Biologiques SESNAB, IMRN INRA 1111, Faculté des Sciences et Techniques de St Jérôme, Universite Paul Cezanne, Aix Marseille III, 13397 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Steroids 70:907-12. 2005..For example, compound 2 exhibited high activities against C. albicans (CIP 1663-86) and Amphotericine B and miconazole resistant strain C. albicans (CIP 1180-79) at a concentration of 1.5 microg/mL.
- [Evaluation of effective treatment drugs against Acanthamoeba cyst]K Tahara
Clinical Laboratory, Osaka University Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 71:1025-30. 1997..confirmed Acanthamoeba keratitis were tested in vitro for sensitivity to antimycotic agents such as fluconazole, miconazole, amphotericin-B, pimaricin, antiprotozoal agents such as pentamidine isetionate and antiseptics which could be ..
- Effects of cytochrome P450 inhibitors on agonist-induced Ca2+ responses and production of NO and PGI2 in vascular endothelial cellsKazuhiko Takeuchi
Department of Internal Medicine III, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Handayama, Hamamatsu, Japan
Mol Cell Biochem 248:129-34. 2003..To this end, structurally different CYP inhibitors including SKF 525A, econazole and miconazole were tested on primary cultured porcine aortic endothelial cells...
- Strategy for the development of automated methods involving dialysis and trace enrichment as on-line sample preparation for the determination of basic drugs in plasma by liquid chromatographyP Chiap
Department of Analytical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Institute of Pharmacy, University of Liege, Avenue de l Hopital 1, CHU B36, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 948:151-61. 2002..of this method development strategy, an automated procedure based on the coupling of dialysis with trace enrichment has been developed for the LC determination of antifungal agents (clotrimazole, econazole and miconazole) in plasma.
- [The problem of otomycosis treatment]M I Kurdina
Voen Med Zh 324:49-51. 2003
- Comparison of in vitro activities of amphotericin, clotrimazole, econazole, miconazole, and nystatin against Fusarium oxysporumM N Tzatzarakis
Department of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Greece
J Environ Sci Health B 36:331-40. 2001The inhibitory activity of amphotericin B, clotrimazole, econazole, miconazole and nystatin was compared against Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. radicis-cucumerinum...
- Pathogenic Nocardia, Rhodococcus, and related organisms are highly susceptible to imidazole antifungalsEric R Dabbs
School of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:1476-8. 2003..from closely related genera, are highly susceptible to the imidazoles bifonazole, clotrimazole, econazole, and miconazole, whose MICs are </=1 micro g/ml...
- Antifungal agents of use in animal health--chemical, biochemical and pharmacological aspectsH Vanden Bossche
Steenweg op Gierle 68, B 2300 Turnhout, Belgium
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 26:5-29. 2003..This review includes chemical aspects, spectra of activity, mechanisms of action and resistance, adverse reactions and drug interactions of the antifungals in current use...
- Colonization of voice prostheses by albicans and non-albicans Candida speciesTiene G M Bauters
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Ghent University, Belgium
Laryngoscope 112:708-12. 2002..e., miconazole, fluconazole, and nystatin).
- Antifungal drug susceptibilities of commensal Candida isolatesAnn R Holmes
Department of Oral Sciences and Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Otago, PO Box 647, Dunedin
N Z Dent J 98:36-9. 2002..broth microdilution method for susceptibility to fluconazole and to a related over-the-counter azole antifungal, miconazole. A positive correlation between susceptibility to fluconazole and to miconazole was observed...
- Effect of antifungal azoles on the heme detoxification system of malarial parasiteNguyen Tien Huy
Department of Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Matsugasaki, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8585, Japan
J Biochem 131:437-44. 2002The antimalarial activities of some antifungal azole agents (ketoconazole, miconazole, and clotrimazole) have been known for several years, however, their antimalarial mechanism remains equivocal...
- [Vaginal candidiasis: etiology and sensitivity profile to antifungal agents in clinical use]A M Saporiti
, , La Plata, Pcia. de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Argent Microbiol 33:217-22. 2001..Fluconazole resistant C. albicans were isolated in 13.46% of the cases. Thus, further studies are required to correlate the possible role of these strains in recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis...
- Modulation of human T-lymphocyte plasma membrane Ca2+ permeability by imidazole antimycoticsE H Hornstein
Department of Clinical Investigation, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307-5001, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 18:237-45. 1996..Econazole, miconazole and clotrimazole dramatically inhibited the THG mediated increase in [Ca+2]i and induced an increase in [Ca+2]i ..
- In vitro activities of 10 antifungal drugs against 508 dermatophyte strainsB Fernandez-Torres
Unitat de Microbiologia, Facultat de Medicina and Institut d Estudis Avançats, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:2524-8. 2001..The antifungals used were itraconazole, ketoconazole, miconazole, clotrimazole, voriconazole, terbinafine, amphotericin B, fluconazole, UR-9825, and G-1...
- [Antifungal susceptibility of clinically isolated Candida albicans by broth microdilution method]T Yamazumi
Department of Clinical Pathology, Kinki University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 72:813-9. 1998..The antifungal agents tested were fluconazole, miconazole, intraconazole, amphotericin B and flucytosine...
- [Present status and future prospects of azole antifungal agents in Japan]Katsuhiko Kamei
Jpn J Antibiot 55:907-10. 2002
- ANTIFUNGAL RESPONSE--MDR INDUCTIONThomas Edlind; Fiscal Year: 2002..Candida albicans, Candida krusei, or Saccharomyces cerevisiae to certain drugs (including the antifungal azoles miconazole and clotrimazole, the benzimidazole albendazole, and sulfadiazine) induced a 3 to > 10-fold increase in mRNAs ..
- Estrogen and brain vascular inflammation in diabeticsDale Pelligrino; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Triazole hypersensitivity in Candida albicansNeeraj Chauhan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Interestingly, the ssk1 mutant retains the wild type levels of sensitivity to other antifungals such as miconazole and ketoconazole (imidazoles), amphotericin B, caspofungin, 5-FC, and a variety of other inhibitors such as ..
- THERAPY AGAINST RECALCITRANT C. albicans INFECTIONThomas A Dahl; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our in vitro studies showed that amphotericin B or miconazole applied even at high, topical concentrations are not effective against a mature biofilm of C...
- Rechargeable Long-term Anticandidal Denture MaterialsChih ko Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2013..resins acted as a "rechargeable battery" to bind and then slowly release cationic antifungal drugs such as miconazole and chlorhexidine gluconate for a long period of time (weeks to months)...
- Rechargeable Infection-responsive Anticandidal Denture MaterialsChih ko Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2013..Antifungal drugs such as miconazole and chlorhexidine digluconate can be charged into the new denture materials and slowly released for a prolonged ..
- Impact of suppressive antimicrobial therapy on the vaginal microbiota and BVRAYMOND SCOTT MCCLELLAND; Fiscal Year: 2013..randomized controlled trial to evaluate the effectiveness of PPT with intravaginal metronidazole 750mg plus miconazole 200mg vaginal suppositories versus matching placebo in reducing vaginal infections (Preventing Vaginal ..
- THERAPY AGAINST RECALCITRANT C. albicans INFECTIONThomas Dahl; Fiscal Year: 2009..To test this hypothesis, we developed a screen for potentiators of miconazole, a standard therapy against vaginosis...
- 20-HETE IN NO-MEDIATED REGULATION OF RENAL FUNCTIONAdebayo Oyekan; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Concordance Rates of Mobiluncus Among Sexual PartnersJane Schwebke; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our hypothesis is that Mobiluncus curtisii is important in the pathogenesis of BV and high concordance rates among sexual partners will be found suggesting sexual transmission. ..
- EICOSANOIDS, VASCULAR TONE AND BLOOD PRESSUREWILLIAM BRYSON CAMPBELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will test the hypothesis that endogenous LO metabolites are important regulators of vascular tone and blood pressure in mice. ..
- Sterol Biosynthesis in Trypanosomatid ParasitesFrederick Buckner; Fiscal Year: 2004..The drugs discovered in this research program will hopefully provide better future treatment for patients with these devastating diseases. ..
- LC-MS/MS for Biomedical ResearchWilliam Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2004..About 75-80% of instrument time will be available to these participants and the remaining time will be available to other investigators at the College. ..
- Tinidazole for the Treatment of Bacterial VaginosisJane Schwebke; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, we will measure vaginal and serum concentrations of drug during treatment and correlate with cure rates, short-term recurrence of BV, and severity of infection. ..
- EICOSANOID SYNTHESIS AND FUNCTION IN CORONARY VESSELSWILLIAM BRYSON CAMPBELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide specific pharmacological tools to study the role of EETs as EDHFs and provide new insights into the vascular action of the EETs. ..
- Nitric Oxide Regulation of Adrenal SteroidogenesisWilliam Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2004..4) We will determine the role of endothelial NO in regulating steroidogenesis and adrenal blood flow in the in situ perfused adrenal gland and in vivo in anesthetized rats. ..
- NON-OPIOID ANALGESICS DERIVED FROM IMPROGANLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These experiments will help to discover the mechanism of action of this novel class of agents, and lead to the development of new pharmacotherapies for pain. ..
- Control of Trichomoniasis -A Paradigm for STD ControlJane Schwebke; Fiscal Year: 2006..vaginalis, to examine strain differences using PFGE, and to examine the prevalence of resistance strains and their potential contribution to treatment failure. ..
- Screen for Mycobacterium Tuberculosis (RMI)E White; Fiscal Year: 2005..tuberculosis. 3) To study the effect of these novel inhibitors on the pantothenate pathway in M. smegmatis. 4) To co-crystallize these compounds with pantothenate synthetase to study their mode of binding ..
- Therapy and Prevention for Bacterial VaginosisJane Schwebke; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also utilize specimens from these prospective studies to further study the association of Mobiluncus, an organism strongly associated with BV using sensitive PCR technology. ..
- Structure Function Analysis of TB PyrazinamidaseYing Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide important information about mechanisms of PZA action and resistance and may help design new antituberculosis drugs. ..
- HISTATIN RECEPTORS AS DRUG TARGETS FOR ORAL CANDIDIASISMira Edgerton; Fiscal Year: 2003..This award would provide her the opportunity to extend her background in yeast biology to the molecular level and apply this new expertise to studies of virulence and pathogenesis of oral and systemic candidiasis. ..
- RISK FACTORS AS PREDICTORS OF ECTOPIC PREGNANCYKurt T Barnhart; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Host control in CoccidioidomycosisJohn Galgiani; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also analyze the phenotype, function and cytokine profiles of lymphocyte subsets that respond to antigen-pulsed DC. ..
- Nikkomycin Z Treatment for CoccidioidomycosisJohn Galgiani; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NITRIC OXIDE AND IN VIVO BRAIN ARTERIOLAR RELAXATIONDale Pelligrino; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide important new information regarding the mechanisms controlling a physiologic process vital to normal brain function and survival-cerebral arteriolar dilation. ..