Genomes and Genes
Summary: An enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of (S)-malate and NAD+ to oxaloacetate and NADH. EC 188.8.131.52.
Publications332 found, 100 shown here
- Acetylation of malate dehydrogenase 1 promotes adipogenic differentiation via activating its enzymatic activityEun Young Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, KAIST, Daejeon 305 701, Republic of Korea
J Lipid Res 53:1864-76. 2012..Of these identified proteins, we focused on malate dehydrogenase 1 (MDH1). The acetylation level of MDH1 was increased up to 6-fold at the late stage of adipogenesis...
- A nucleocytoplasmic malate dehydrogenase regulates p53 transcriptional activity in response to metabolic stressS M Lee
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Research Laboratory for Metabolic Checkpoint, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Cell Death Differ 16:738-48. 2009..Here, we discover that nucleocytoplasmic malate dehydrogenase-1 (MDH1) physically associates with p53...
- Electrostatic interactions across the dimer-dimer interface contribute to the pH-dependent stability of a tetrameric malate dehydrogenaseAlexandra Bjørk
Department of Biology, University of Oslo, Box 1031 Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
FEBS Lett 553:423-6. 2003b>Malate dehydrogenase (MDH) from the moderately thermophilic bacterium Chloroflexus aurantiacus (CaMDH) is a tetrameric enzyme, while MDHs from mesophilic bacteria usually are dimers...
- A role for ATP-citrate lyase, malic enzyme, and pyruvate/citrate cycling in glucose-induced insulin secretionClaudiane Guay
Molecular Nutrition Unit, Montreal Diabetes Research Center, Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H1W 4A4, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:35657-65. 2007..Taken together, the results underscore the importance of pyruvate/citrate cycling in pancreatic beta-cell metabolic signaling and the regulation of GIIS...
- Endocrine active compounds affect thyrotropin and thyroid hormone levels in serum as well as endpoints of thyroid hormone action in liver, heart and kidneyCornelia Schmutzler
Institut für Experimentelle Endokrinologie und Endokrinologisches Forschungszentrum EnForCé, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Schumannstrasse 20 21, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Toxicology 205:95-102. 2004....
- Degradation of the gluconeogenic enzymes fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase and malate dehydrogenase is mediated by distinct proteolytic pathways and signaling eventsGuo Chiuan Hung
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 279:49138-50. 2004..Another gluconeogenic enzyme malate dehydrogenase (MDH2) showed the same degradation characteristics as FBPase in that the short term starvation of cells led ..
- A redox-active isopropylmalate dehydrogenase functions in the biosynthesis of glucosinolates and leucine in ArabidopsisYan He
Department of Biology, Genetics Institute, Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Plant J 60:679-90. 2009..It provides evidence for the hypothesis that the two pathways share a common origin, and suggests a role for redox regulation of glucosinolate and leucine synthesis in plants...
- Mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase lowers leaf respiration and alters photorespiration and plant growth in ArabidopsisTiago Tomaz
Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology, University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia, Australia
Plant Physiol 154:1143-57. 2010b>Malate dehydrogenase (MDH) catalyzes a reversible NAD(+)-dependent-dehydrogenase reaction involved in central metabolism and redox homeostasis between organelle compartments...
- The membrane of peroxisomes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is impermeable to NAD(H) and acetyl-CoA under in vivo conditionsC W van Roermund
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
EMBO J 14:3480-6. 1995..Disruption of the peroxisomal malate dehydrogenase 3 gene (MDH3) resulted in impaired beta-oxidation capacity as measured in intact cells, whereas beta-..
- The folding of dimeric cytoplasmic malate dehydrogenase. Equilibrium and kinetic studiesSuparna C Sanyal
Department of Biophysics, Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India
Eur J Biochem 269:3856-66. 2002Porcine heart cytoplasmic malate dehydrogenase (s-MDH) is a dimeric protein (2 x 35 kDa)...
- Malate dehydrogenase is negatively regulated by miR-1 in Trichomonas vaginalisWei Chen Lin
Molecular Regulation and Bioinformatics Laboratory, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Parasitol Res 105:1683-9. 2009..We observed that the T. vaginalis malate dehydrogenase (Tv_MDH) gene was upregulated 20-fold in the amoeboid stage, but the protein level was reduced by 4.5-fold...
- Role of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein, histone acetylation, and coactivator recruitment in the regulation of malic enzyme transcription by thyroid hormoneLiya Yin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, School of Medicine, P O Box 9142, West Virginia University, Morgantown, 26506 9142, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 245:43-52. 2005....
- Up-regulation of the mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase by oxidative stress is mediated by miR-743aQingli Shi
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Cornell Medical College Burke Medical Research Institute, White Plains, New York, USA
J Neurochem 118:440-8. 2011..mdh2 encoded malate dehydrogenase (MDH) is elevated by an unknown mechanism in brains of patients that died with Alzheimer's disease...
- Metabolomics-driven approach for the improvement of Chinese hamster ovary cell growth: overexpression of malate dehydrogenase IIWilliam P K Chong
Bioprocessing Technology Institute, A STAR Agency for Science, Technology and Research, 20 Biopolis Way, 06 01 Centros, Singapore 138668, Singapore
J Biotechnol 147:116-21. 2010..to malate efflux were found to be the supply of aspartate from the medium, and an enzymatic bottleneck at malate dehydrogenase II (MDH II) in the tricarboxylic acid cycle...
- A cysteine endopeptidase isolated from castor bean endosperm microbodies processes the glyoxysomal malate dehydrogenase precursor proteinC Gietl
Institute of Botany, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Plant Physiol 113:863-71. 1997..castor bean (Ricinus communis) endosperm by virtue of its capacity to specifically process the glyoxysomal malate dehydrogenase precursor protein to the mature subunit in vitro...
- Organelle and translocatable forms of glyoxysomal malate dehydrogenase. The effect of the N-terminal presequenceBryan Cox
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics, University of Minnesota, MN, USA
FEBS J 272:643-54. 2005..below characterize the differences between the precursor and mature forms of watermelon glyoxysomal malate dehydrogenase. Using recombinant protein methods, the precursor (p-gMDH) and mature (gMDH) forms were purified to ..
- Alternative splicing regulates targeting of malate dehydrogenase in Yarrowia lipolyticaPhilomène Kabran
INRA, UMR 1319 Micalis, F 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
DNA Res 19:231-44. 2012..The splicing pattern was found to govern the cellular localization of malate dehydrogenase, an enzyme of the central carbon metabolism...
- Peroxisomal malate dehydrogenase is not essential for photorespiration in Arabidopsis but its absence causes an increase in the stoichiometry of photorespiratory CO2 releaseAsaph B Cousins
School of Biological Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 4236, USA
Plant Physiol 148:786-95. 2008..reductase (HPR) in the peroxisomes is thought to be facilitated by the production of NADH by peroxisomal malate dehydrogenase (PMDH)...
- Evolution of Cryptosporidium parvum lactate dehydrogenase from malate dehydrogenase by a very recent event of gene duplicationDominique Madern
Laboratoire de Biophysique Moleculaire, Institut de Biologie Structurale CEA CNRS UJF, Grenoble, France
Mol Biol Evol 21:489-97. 2004We have expressed the L-lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and L-malate dehydrogenase (malDH) genes from the apicomplexan Cryptosporidium parvum (CpLDH1 and CpMalDH1) as maltose-binding protein (MBP) fusion proteins in Escherichia coli...
- Enzyme:nanoparticle bioconjugates with two sequential enzymes: stoichiometry and activity of malate dehydrogenase and citrate synthase on Au nanoparticlesJacqueline D Keighron
Department of Chemistry, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, United States
Langmuir 26:18992-9000. 2010We report the synthesis and characterization of bioconjugates in which the enzymes malate dehydrogenase (MDH) and/or citrate synthase (CS) were adsorbed to 30 nm diameter Au nanoparticles...
- Disruption of mitochondrial malate-aspartate shuttle activity in mouse blastocysts impairs viability and fetal growthMegan Mitchell
Research Centre for Reproductive Health, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia 5005, Australia
Biol Reprod 80:295-301. 2009....
- Expression and function of a mislocalized form of peroxisomal malate dehydrogenase (MDH3) in yeastL McAlister-Henn
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284, USA
J Biol Chem 270:21220-5. 1995The malate dehydrogenase isozyme MDH3 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae was found to be localized to peroxisomes by cellular fractionation and density gradient centrifugation...
- Ontogeny, cell distribution, and the physiological role of NADP-malic enxyme in Drosophila melanogasterB W Geer
Biochem Genet 17:867-79. 1979..The concentration of NADP-ME CRM and tissue activity are coordinately increased in third instar larvae by dietary carbohydrate and decreased by dietary lipid...
- Overexpression of malate dehydrogenase in transgenic alfalfa enhances organic acid synthesis and confers tolerance to aluminumM Tesfaye
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, Minnesota 55108, USA
Plant Physiol 127:1836-44. 2001..Al tolerance in alfalfa (Medicago sativa), we produced transgenic plants using nodule-enhanced forms of malate dehydrogenase and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase cDNAs under the control of the constitutive cauliflower mosaic virus ..
- Viability effects and not meoitic drive cause dramatic departures from Mendelian inheritance for malic enzyme in hybrids of Tigriopus californicus populationsC S Willett
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Evol Biol 20:1196-205. 2007..These results imply that selection against deleterious gene combinations and not aberrant segregation (i.e. meiotic drive) is likely to lead to dramatic departures from Mendelian inheritance observed in these crosses...
- Malic acid production by Saccharomyces cerevisiae: engineering of pyruvate carboxylation, oxaloacetate reduction, and malate exportRintze M Zelle
Department of Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, Julianalaan 67, 2628 BC Delft, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:2766-77. 2008..carboxylase encoded by PYC2, (ii) high-level expression of an allele of the MDH3 gene, of which the encoded malate dehydrogenase was retargeted to the cytosol by deletion of the C-terminal peroxisomal targeting sequence, and (iii) ..
- Solvent interactions of halophilic malate dehydrogenaseChristine Ebel
Laboratoire de Biophysique Moleculaire, Institut de Biologie Structurale, UMR 5075 CEA CNRS UJF, 41 rue Jules Horowitz, 38027 Grenoble, France
Biochemistry 41:13234-44. 2002b>Malate dehydrogenase from the extreme halophilic Haloarcula marismortui (Hm MalDH) is an acidic protein that is unstable below molar salt concentrations...
- Malate dehydrogenase: distribution, function and propertiesR A Musrati
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Gen Physiol Biophys 17:193-210. 1998b>Malate dehydrogenase (MDH) (EC 184.108.40.206) catalyzes the conversion of oxaloacetate and malate. This reaction is important in cellular metabolism, and it is coupled with easily detectable cofactor oxidation/reduction...
- Large improvement in the thermal stability of a tetrameric malate dehydrogenase by single point mutations at the dimer-dimer interfaceAlexandra Bjørk
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Oslo, P O Box 1041, Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
J Mol Biol 341:1215-26. 2004The stability of tetrameric malate dehydrogenase from the green phototrophic bacterium Chloroflexus aurantiacus (CaMDH) is at least in part determined by electrostatic interactions at the dimer-dimer interface...
- Mutation at a single acidic amino acid enhances the halophilic behaviour of malate dehydrogenase from Haloarcula marismortui in physiological saltsD Madern
Institut de Biologie Structurale, Grenoble, France
Eur J Biochem 230:1088-95. 1995..The role of acidic residues in halophilic adaptation was investigated by site-directed mutagenesis of malate dehydrogenase (MalDH) from Haloarcula marismortui...
- Role of cytosolic malate dehydrogenase in oocyte maturation and embryo developmentSe Jin Yoon
CHA Research Institute, Fertility Center, CHA General Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Fertil Steril 86:1129-36. 2006To elucidate the function of cytosolic malate dehydrogenase (Mor2) in oocyte maturation and embryo development using RNA interference (RNAi).
- Fatty acid beta-oxidation in germinating Arabidopsis seeds is supported by peroxisomal hydroxypyruvate reductase when malate dehydrogenase is absentItsara Pracharoenwattana
Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology and Centre of Excellence for Plant Metabolomics, Molecular and Chemical Sciences Building M316, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, WA, 6009, Australia
Plant Mol Biol 72:101-9. 2010Peroxisomal malate dehydrogenase (PMDH) oxidises NADH produced by fatty acid beta-oxidation during seed germination and seedling growth...
- Identification of functional paralog shift mutations: conversion of Escherichia coli malate dehydrogenase to a lactate dehydrogenaseYifeng Yin
QB3 Institute, 572 Stanley Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3220, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:17353-7. 2007Five positions in the Escherichia coli malate dehydrogenase (eMDH) sequence, which distinguish MDH from lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) activity, were identified through a combination of Venn diagrams constructed from whole genomic data and ..
- Quantifying interactions within the NADP(H) enzyme network in Drosophila melanogasterThomas J S Merritt
Department of Ecology and Evolution, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Genetics 182:565-74. 2009..melanogaster using naturally occurring alleles. The interactions between all three enzymes indicate functional interdependence and underscore the importance of examining enzymes as components of a network...
- Malolactic fermentation by Streptococcus mutansJiangyun Sheng
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Center for Oral Biology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 272:196-201. 2007..The net conclusion is that malate has the potential to be effective for alkalinization of dental plaque, although the fermentation is sensitive to fluoride and triclosan, which are commonly added to oral care products...
- Determinants of protein thermostability observed in the 1.9-A crystal structure of malate dehydrogenase from the thermophilic bacterium Thermus flavusC A Kelly
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
Biochemistry 32:3913-22. 1993A binary complex of malate dehydrogenase from the thermophilic bacterium Thermus flavus (tMDH) with NADH has been crystallized from poly(ethylene glycol) 3500, pH 8.5, yielding diffraction-quality crystals in space group P2(1)2(1)2(1)...
- Refined crystal structure of mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase from porcine heart and the consensus structure for dicarboxylic acid oxidoreductasesW B Gleason
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455
Biochemistry 33:2078-88. 1994The crystal structure of mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase from porcine heart contains four identical subunits in the asymmetric unit of a monoclinic cell...
- Structure and function of Plasmodium falciparum malate dehydrogenase: role of critical amino acids in co-substrate binding pocketAnupam Pradhan
National Center for Natural Products Research, School of Pharmacy, University of Mississippi, University MS 38677, USA
Biochimie 91:1509-17. 2009..Earlier studies from our laboratory have demonstrated that a cytosolic malate dehydrogenase (PfMDH) with striking similarity to lactate dehydrogenase (PfLDH) might complement PfLDH function in ..
- Purification, characterization, and overexpression of psychrophilic and thermolabile malate dehydrogenase of a novel antarctic psychrotolerant, Flavobacterium frigidimaris KUC-1Tadao Oikawa
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, Kansai University, Osaka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 69:2146-54. 2005We purified the psychrophilic and thermolabile malate dehydrogenase to homogeneity from a novel psychrotolerant, Flavobacterium frigidimaris KUC-1, isolated from Antarctic seawater...
- Cloning, expression and biochemical characterization of mitochondrial and cytosolic malate dehydrogenase from Phytophthora infestansPatricia E López-Calcagno
Laboratorio de Fisiologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Los Andes, Merida, Venezuela
Mycol Res 113:771-81. 2009The genes of the mitochondrial and cytosolic malate dehydrogenase (mMDH and cMDH) of Phytophthora infestans were cloned and overexpressed in Escherichia coli as active enzymes...
- Acceleration of adipogenic differentiation via acetylation of malate dehydrogenase 2Eun Young Kim
Research Center for Integrated Cellulomics, KRIBB, Daejeon 305 806, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 441:77-82. 2013..Here, we examined the role of malate dehydrogenase 2 (MDH2) acetylation in the adipogenesis of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes...
- Catalytic-rate improvement of a thermostable malate dehydrogenase by a subtle alteration in cofactor bindingR M Alldread
Division of Biotechnology, Centre for Applied Microbiology and Research, Porton, Salisbury, Wilts, U K
Biochem J 305:539-48. 1995....
- Transcriptional regulation of NADP-dependent malate dehydrogenase: comparative genetics and identification of DNA-binding proteinsSteffen Hameister
Pflanzenphysiologie, Fachbereich Biologie chemie, Universitat Osnabruck, Osnabruck, Germany
J Mol Evol 65:437-55. 2007The transcriptional regulation of NADP-malate dehydrogenase (NADP-MDH) was analyzed in Arabidopsis ecotypes and other Brassicaceae...
- Crystal structure of Escherichia coli malate dehydrogenase. A complex of the apoenzyme and citrate at 1.87 A resolutionM D Hall
Department of Biochemistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455
J Mol Biol 226:867-82. 1992The crystal structure of malate dehydrogenase from Escherichia coli has been determined with a resulting R-factor of 0.187 for X-ray data from 8.0 to 1.87 A...
- Increased production of succinic acid in Escherichia coli by overexpression of malate dehydrogenaseLi Ya Liang
State Key Laboratory of Materials Oriented Chemical Engineering, College of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Engineering, Nanjing University of Technology, Nanjing 210009, People s Republic of China
Biotechnol Lett 33:2439-44. 2011..The yield of succinic acid from glucose during the anaerobic phase was 0.72 g g(-1), and the productivity was 1.01 g l(-1) h(-1)...
- Cytosolic malate dehydrogenase regulates senescence in human fibroblastsSeung Min Lee
Laboratory of Cell Signaling, Aging Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, 125 Gwahangno, Yusong, Daejeon, 305 806, South Korea
Biogerontology 13:525-36. 2012Carbohydrate metabolism changes during cellular senescence. Cytosolic malate dehydrogenase (MDH1) catalyzes the reversible reduction of oxaloacetate to malate at the expense of reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NADH)...
- Properties and primary structure of a thermostable L-malate dehydrogenase from Archaeoglobus fulgidusA S Langelandsvik
Department of Microbiology, University of Bergen, Jahnebakken 5, N 5020 Bergen, Norway
Arch Microbiol 168:59-67. 1997A thermostable l-malate dehydrogenase from the hyperthermophilic sulfate-reducing archaeon Archaeoglobus fulgidus was isolated and characterized, and its gene was cloned and sequenced...
- Rat liver mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase: purification, kinetic properties, and role in ethanol metabolismM S Wiseman
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Arch Biochem Biophys 290:191-6. 1991b>Malate dehydrogenase was purified from the mitochondrial fraction of rat liver by ion-exchange chromatography with affinity elution. The kinetic parameters for the enzyme were determined at pH 7...
- Chronic reduction of the cytosolic or mitochondrial NAD(P)-malic enzyme does not affect insulin secretion in a rat insulinoma cell lineLaura J Brown
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 284:35359-67. 2009..The maintenance of robust insulin secretion after lowering expression of either one of these malic enzymes is consistent with the redundancy of pathways of pyruvate cycling and/or cytosolic NADPH production in insulinoma cells...
- Interaction between citrate synthase and malate dehydrogenase. Substrate channeling of oxaloacetateI Morgunov
Research Service of the Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75216, USA
J Biol Chem 273:29540-4. 1998The interactions between pig heart citrate synthase and mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase or cytosolic malate dehydrogenase were studied using the frontal analysis method of gel filtration and by precipitation in polyethylene glycol...
- Functional characterization of an alternative [lactate dehydrogenase-like] malate dehydrogenase in Plasmodium falciparumM Chan
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Block MD4, 5 Science Drive 2, 117597, Singapore
Parasitol Res 92:43-7. 2004The catalysis of malate dehydrogenase (MDH) in Plasmodium falciparum (pfMDH) which involves NAD/NADH coupling is crucial for the parasite's pathogenicity. Primers were designed based on the P...
- NADP-malate dehydrogenase from unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. A first step toward redox regulation?Stephane D Lemaire
Institut de Biotechnologie des Plantes, Unité Mixte de Recherche 8618 Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Plant Physiol 137:514-21. 2005The determinants of the thioredoxin (TRX)-dependent redox regulation of the chloroplastic NADP-malate dehydrogenase (NADP-MDH) from the eukaryotic green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii have been investigated using site-directed mutagenesis...
- Expression and identification of a thermostable malate dehydrogenase from multicellular prokaryote Streptomyces avermitilis MA-4680Zong Da Wang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Evolution and Biodiversity and Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Anhui Normal University, Wuhu, 241000 Anhui, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 38:1629-36. 2011A malate dehydrogenase (MDH) from Streptomyces avermitilis MA-4680 (SaMDH) has been expressed and purified as a fusion protein. The molecular mass of SaMDH is about 35 kDa determined by SDS-PAGE...
- Purification and characterization of membrane-bound malate dehydrogenase from Acetobacter sp. SKU 14Emiko Shinagawa
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Ube National College of Technology, Tokiwadai, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 66:298-306. 2002Membrane-bound NAD(P)-independent malate dehydrogenase (EC 220.127.116.11) was purified to homogeneity from the membrane of thermotolerant Acetobacter sp. SKU 14, an isolate from Thailand...
- The 2.9A resolution crystal structure of malate dehydrogenase from Archaeoglobus fulgidus: mechanisms of oligomerisation and thermal stabilisationAdriana Irimia
Laboratoire de Biophysique Moleculaire, Institut de Biologie Structurale J P Ebel CEA CNRS UJF, UMR 5075, 41 rue Jules Horowitz, 38027 Cedex 01, Grenoble, France
J Mol Biol 335:343-56. 2004The crystal structure of malate dehydrogenase from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Archeoglobus fulgidus, in complex with its cofactor NAD, was solved at 2.9A resolution...
- Nucleotide sequence of the malate dehydrogenase gene of Thermus flavus and its mutation directing an increase in enzyme activityM Nishiyama
J Biol Chem 261:14178-83. 1986The nucleotide sequence of the malate dehydrogenase (mdh) gene from a thermophilic bacterium, Thermus flavus, was determined...
- An NADH-tetrazolium-coupled sensitive assay for malate dehydrogenase in mitochondria and crude tissue homogenatesCheng Luo
Institute for Nutritional Science, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, 200031, PR China
J Biochem Biophys Methods 68:101-11. 2006A sensitive spectrophotometric assay for determining mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase activity is described...
- The presence of a histidine-aspartic acid pair in the active site of 2-hydroxyacid dehydrogenases. X-ray refinement of cytoplasmic malate dehydrogenaseJ J Birktoft
J Biol Chem 258:472-82. 1983The structure of cytoplasmic malate dehydrogenase has been partially refined by crystallographic least squares methods...
- Sequencing and heterologous expression of a cytosolic-type malate dehydrogenase of Trypanosoma bruceiJ Vernal
Instituto de Química y Fisicoquímica Biológica IQUIFIB CONICET, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junin 956, 1113 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Biochem Parasitol 117:217-21. 2001
- Alcohol sensitivity in Drosophila: translational potential of systems geneticsTatiana V Morozova
Department of Biology, W M Keck Center for Behavioral Biology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
Genetics 183:733-45, 1SI-12SI. 2009....
- The interaction of unfolding α-lactalbumin and malate dehydrogenase with the molecular chaperone αB-crystallin: a light and X-ray scattering investigationJustyn W Regini
School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Mol Vis 16:2446-56. 2010..Its structure and the mechanism by which it protects its target protein from aggregating and precipitating are not known...
- Thioredoxin-h1 reduces and reactivates the oxidized cytosolic malate dehydrogenase dimer in higher plantsSatoshi Hara
Chemical Resources Laboratory, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nagatsuta 4259 R1 8, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8503, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:32065-71. 2006Cytosolic malate dehydrogenase (cytMDH) was captured by thioredoxin affinity chromatography as a possible target protein of cytosolic thioredoxin (Yamazaki, D., Motohashi, K., Kasama, T., Hara, Y., and Hisabori, T...
- Crystallization and preliminary diffraction studies of malate dehydrogenase from Streptomyces aureofaciensDarina Mikulásová
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University, Mlynska dolina CH 1, 842 15 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Protein Pept Lett 13:207-10. 2006Purified malate dehydrogenase (MDH) of Streptomyces aureofaciens was crystallized either in the absence or in the presence of NADH or NADPH coenzymes by hanging-drop vapour-diffusion method...
- Purification and characterization of malate dehydrogenase from Cryptococcus neoformansY A Mahmoud
Department of Biochemistry and Anaerobic Microbiology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 322:69-75. 1995The NAD-dependent malate dehydrogenase (EC 18.104.22.168) was purified from Cryptococcus neoformans, a basidiomycetious yeast that is an opportunistic pathogen of AIDS patients...
- A novel decoy that interrupts G93A-superoxide dismutase gain of interaction with malate dehydrogenase improves survival in an amyotrophic lateral sclerosis cell modelYael Mali
Department of Neurobiology, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Med Chem 52:5442-8. 2009..Recent observations indicate gain of interaction of G93AhSOD1 with cytosolic malate dehydrogenase (MDH1) and subsequent impairment in the malate aspartate shuttle which is vital to neurons...
- Identification and biochemical characterization of a thermostable malate dehydrogenase from the mesophile Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)Ya Dong Ge
Key Laboratory of Molecular Evolution and Biodiversity and Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, and Key Laboratory of the Biotic Environment and Ecological Safety in Anhui Province, Anhui Normal University, Wuhu, China
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:2194-201. 2010We identified and characterized a malate dehydrogenase from Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) (ScMDH). The molecular mass of ScMDH was 73,353.5 Da with two 36,675...
- Synergistic coordination of polyethylene glycol with ClpB/DnaKJE bichaperone for refolding of heat-denatured malate dehydrogenaseRui Nian
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Biotechnol Prog 25:1078-85. 2009..molecular bichaperone ClpB and DnaKJE significantly enhances chaperone-mediated refolding of heat-denatured malate dehydrogenase (MDH)...
- Amide hydrogen exchange shows that malate dehydrogenase is a folded monomer at pH 5J Chen
Department of Chemistry, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0304, USA
Protein Sci 10:1079-83. 2001Although there is general agreement that native mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase (MDH) exists as a dimer at pH 7, its aggregation state at pH 5 is less certain...
- Physical and genetic interactions of cytosolic malate dehydrogenase with other gluconeogenic enzymesNatalie Gibson
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
J Biol Chem 278:25628-36. 2003A truncated form (deltanMDH2) of yeast cytosolic malate dehydrogenase (MDH2) lacking 12 residues on the amino terminus was found to be inadequate for gluconeogenic function in vivo because the mutant enzyme fails to restore growth of a ..
- The visualization by affinity electrophoresis of a specific association between the consecutive citric acid cycle enzymes fumarase and malate dehydrogenaseS Beeckmans
Laboratorium voor Chemie der Proteinen, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Eur J Biochem 183:449-54. 1989..technique of affinity electrophoresis for the study of interactions between the cycle enzymes fumarase and malate dehydrogenase. This approach offers several advantages over our previously described affinity chromatographic technique [..
- Differences between mouse and rat pancreatic islets: succinate responsiveness, malic enzyme, and anaplerosisMichael J MacDonald
University of Wisconsin Childrens Diabetes Center, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA gt
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 283:E302-10. 2002....
- Role of threonine 190 in modulating the catalytic function of malate dehydrogenase from a thermophile Thermus flavusM Nishiyama
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, University of Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 266:14294-9. 1991Random mutagenesis of malate dehydrogenase from a thermophilic bacterium, Thermus flavus AT-62, had revealed that a Thr190----Ile replacement near the essential catalytic residue His187 caused marked modulation of the catalytic properties...
- Structural studies of the pigeon cytosolic NADP(+)-dependent malic enzymeZhiru Yang
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Protein Sci 11:332-41. 2002..Our structural studies also revealed differences in the organization of the tetramer between the pigeon and the human enzymes, although the pigeon enzyme still obeys 222 symmetry...
- Direct evidence that genetic variation in glycerol-3-phosphate and malate dehydrogenase genes (Gpdh and Mdh1) affects adult ethanol tolerance in Drosophila melanogasterWalter F Eanes
Department of Ecology and Evolution, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
Genetics 181:607-14. 2009..Here we evaluate the effects of glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (Gpdh) and cytosolic malate dehydrogenase (Mdh1) genotype activity on adult tolerance to ethanol...
- Non-ideality by sedimentation velocity of halophilic malate dehydrogenase in complex solventsA Solovyova
, Institut de Biologie Structurale J. P. Ebel, F-38027 Grenoble, France
Biophys J 81:1868-80. 2001..by direct boundary modeling, and applied it to data from sedimentation velocity experiments on halophilic malate dehydrogenase in complex aqueous solvents containing sodium chloride and 2-methyl-2,4-pentanediol, including conditions ..
- Localization, structure and polymorphism of two paralogous Xenopus laevis mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase genesTereza Tlapakova
Department of Animal Physiology and Developmental Biology, Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague, Vinicna 7, Prague 2, 128 43, Czech Republic
Chromosome Res 13:699-706. 2005Two paralogous mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase 2 (Mdh2) genes of Xenopus laevis have been cloned and sequenced, revealing 95% identity...
- Isolation and characterization of an apple cytosolic malate dehydrogenase gene reveal its function in malate synthesisYu Xin Yao
State Key Laboratory of Crop Biology, National Research Center for Apple Engineering and Technology, College of Horticulture Science and Engineering, Shandong Agricultural University, Tai an, Shandong 271018, China
J Plant Physiol 168:474-80. 2011Cytosolic NAD-dependent malate dehydrogenase (cyMDH) is an enzyme crucial for malate synthesis in the cytosol. The apple MdcyMDH gene (GenBank Accession No...
- The molecular basis for a cytosolic malic enzyme null mutation. Malic enzyme mRNA from MOD-1 null mice contains an internal in-frame duplication that extends the coding sequence by 522 nucleotidesM L Brown
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Atran Laboratories, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461
J Biol Chem 263:4494-9. 1988..The MOD-1 null mutation might originate from an unequal crossover between homologous regions of two different introns in the malic enzyme gene, thereby causing the duplication of one or more exons...
- Structural analyses of a malate dehydrogenase with a variable active siteJ K Bell
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 276:31156-62. 2001b>Malate dehydrogenase specifically oxidizes malate to oxaloacetate...
- The functions of an apple cytosolic malate dehydrogenase gene in growth and tolerance to cold and salt stressesYu Xin Yao
State Key Laboratory of Crop Biology, National Research Center for Apple Engineering and Technology, College of Horticulture Science and Engineering, Shandong Agricultural University, Tai an, Shandong, China
Plant Physiol Biochem 49:257-64. 2011It is well-known that cytosolic NAD-dependent malate dehydrogenase (cyMDH; l-malate:NAD-oxidoreductase; EC 22.214.171.124) is an enzyme crucial for malic acid synthesis in the cytosol. Nothing is known about cyMDH in growth and stress tolerance...
- Dictyostelium differentiation-inducing factor-1 binds to mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase and inhibits its activityTomoko Matsuda
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 112:320-6. 2010..study, DIF-1-tethered resins were synthesized to explore the target molecules of DIFs, and mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase (mMDH) was identified as one of the target molecules...
- Nonclassical regulation of transcription: interchromosomal interactions at the malic enzyme locus of Drosophila melanogasterThomas E Lum
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario P3E 2C6, Canada
Genetics 189:837-49. 2011..In sum, these results emphasize the complexity of gene regulation and the need to understand both small- and large-scale interactions as more complete models of the role of trans-interactions in gene regulation are developed...
- The Oligomeric states of Haloarcula marismortui malate dehydrogenase are modulated by solvent components as shown by crystallographic and biochemical studiesAdriana Irimia
Laboratoire de Biophysique Moleculaire, Institut de Biologie Structurale J P Ebel CEA CNRS UJF UMR 5075, 41 rue Jules Horowitz, 38027 Grenoble Cedex 01, France
J Mol Biol 326:859-73. 2003The three-dimensional crystal structure of the (R207S, R292S) mutant of malate dehydrogenase from Haloarcula marismortui was solved at 1...
- Stabilization of a tetrameric malate dehydrogenase by introduction of a disulfide bridge at the dimer-dimer interfaceAlexandra Bjørk
Department of Biology, University of Oslo, PO Box 1031 Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
J Mol Biol 334:811-21. 2003b>Malate dehydrogenase (MDH) from the moderately thermophilic bacterium Chloroflexus aurantiacus (CaMDH) is a tetrameric enzyme, while MDHs from mesophilic organisms usually are dimers...
- Gene sequence and primary structure of mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeL M Thompson
Department of Biological Chemistry, California College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine 92717
Biochemistry 27:8393-400. 1988The nucleotide sequence was determined for a 1.5-kilobase genomic fragment containing the mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase gene (MDH1) of Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Isolation and expression of the gene encoding yeast mitochondrial malate dehydrogenaseL McAlister-Henn
Department of Biological Chemistry, California College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine 92717
J Bacteriol 169:5157-66. 1987The mitochondrial tricarboxylic acid cycle enzyme malate dehydrogenase was purified from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, and an antibody to the purified enzyme was obtained in rabbits...
- Molecular adaptation: the malate dehydrogenase from the extreme halophilic bacterium Salinibacter ruber behaves like a non-halophilic proteinDominique Madern
Laboratoire de Biophysique Moleculaire, Institut de Biologie Structurale CEA CNRS UJF, UMR 5075, 41, rue Jules Horowitz, Grenoble 38042, France
Biochimie 86:295-303. 2004b>Malate dehydrogenase from the extreme halophilic bacterium, Salinibacter ruber (Sr MalDH) was purified and characterised as a tetramer by sedimentation velocity measurements, showing the enzyme belongs to the LDH-like group of MalDHs...
- Isolation, nucleotide sequence analysis, and disruption of the MDH2 gene from Saccharomyces cerevisiae: evidence for three isozymes of yeast malate dehydrogenaseK I Minard
Department of Biological Chemistry, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine 92717
Mol Cell Biol 11:370-80. 1991The major nonmitochondrial isozyme of malate dehydrogenase (MDH2) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells grown with acetate as a carbon source was purified and shown by sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis to have a ..
- Enzymatic urea adaptation: lactate and malate dehydrogenase in elasmobranchsG Lagana
Department of Organic and Biological Chemistry, University of Messina Salita Sperone, Messina, Italy
Physiol Res 55:675-88. 2006Lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) and malate dehydrogenase (MDH) electrophoretic tissue patterns of two different orders of Elasmobranchii: Carchariniformes (Galeus melanostomus and Prionace glauca) and Squaliformes (Etmopterus spinax and ..
- Isolation and characterization of the yeast gene encoding the MDH3 isozyme of malate dehydrogenaseJ S Steffan
Department of Biological Chemistry, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine 92717
J Biol Chem 267:24708-15. 1992..as a carbon source, and under these conditions, MDH3 contributed approximately 10% of the total cellular malate dehydrogenase activity...
- Insertion of transposon Tn5tac1 in the Sinorhizobium meliloti malate dehydrogenase (mdh) gene results in conditional polar effects on downstream TCA cycle genesSergiy I Dymov
Department of Natural Resource Sciences, McGill University, QC, Canada
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 17:1318-27. 2004To isolate Sinorhizobium meliloti mutants deficient in malate dehydrogenase (MDH) activity, random transposon Tn5tac1 insertion mutants were screened for conditional lethal phenotypes on complex medium...
- Dual functional roles of ATP in the human mitochondrial malic enzymeWen Chi Hsu
Faculty of Life Sciences, Institute of Biochemistry, Structure Biology Program, and Proteome Research Center, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Biochemistry 43:7382-90. 2004..Mutation of a single residue Arg542 at the tetrameric interfacial exo site resulted in dimeric mutants. ATP thus has dual functional roles in the mitochondrial malic enzyme...
- Characterization of cytosolic malic enzyme in human tumor cellsG Loeber
Ernst Boehringer Institut, Vienna, Austria
FEBS Lett 344:181-6. 1994..Thus, NADP(+)-ME found in tumor cells does not constitute a tumor-specific isoform as suggested by other studies but is identical to the 'housekeeping protein' predominantly expressed in human liver and white adipose tissue...
- Functional roles of ATP-binding residues in the catalytic site of human mitochondrial NAD(P)+-dependent malic enzymeHui Chih Hung
Department of Life Sciences, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
Biochemistry 44:12737-45. 2005..It can be concluded that mutation of Glu314 to Ala eliminated the repulsive effects between Glu314 and malate, NAD+, or ATP, and thus the binding affinities of malate, NAD+, and ATP in the active site of the enzyme were enhanced...
- Crystal structure of human mitochondrial NAD(P)+-dependent malic enzyme: a new class of oxidative decarboxylasesY Xu
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Structure 7:R877-89. 1999..Moreover, this isoform is unique among malic enzymes in that it is a cooperative enzyme, and its activity is controlled allosterically...
- Crystal structures of substrate complexes of malic enzyme and insights into the catalytic mechanismXiao Tao
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Structure 11:1141-50. 2003..Tyr112-Lys183 functions as the general acid-base pair to catalyze the tautomerization of the enolpyruvate product from decarboxylation to pyruvate...
- Determinants of the dual cofactor specificity and substrate cooperativity of the human mitochondrial NAD(P)+-dependent malic enzyme: functional roles of glutamine 362Ju Yi Hsieh
Department of Life Sciences, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40227
J Biol Chem 281:23237-45. 2006..In this study, we provide clear evidence that the single mutation of Gln362 to Lys in human m-NAD-ME changes it to an NADP+-dependent enzyme, which is characteristic because it is non-allosteric, non-cooperative, and NADP+-specific...
- Human NAD(+)-dependent mitochondrial malic enzyme. cDNA cloning, primary structure, and expression in Escherichia coliG Loeber
Ernst Boehringer Institut, Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 266:3016-21. 1991..Expression of the processed protein in E. coli yielded an enzyme with the same kinetic and allosteric properties as malic enzyme purified from human cells...
- Crystal structure of the malic enzyme from Ascaris suum complexed with nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide at 2.3 A resolutionDavid E Coleman
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology, University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Biochemistry 41:6928-38. 2002..The structure is discussed in terms of the mechanism and particularly with respect to previously obtained kinetic and site-directed mutagenesis experiments...
- Proper positioning of the nicotinamide ring is crucial for the Ascaris suum malic enzyme reactionDeniz F Aktas
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Oklahoma, 620 Parrington Oval, Norman, Oklahoma 73019, USA
Biochemistry 47:2539-46. 2008..Overall, data indicate that subtle changes in the orientation of the cofactor and substrate dramatically influence the reaction rate...
- Potent and competitive inhibition of malic enzymes by lanthanide ionsZ Yang
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York, 10027, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 274:440-4. 2000....
- CYTOSOLIC-VESICLE-VACUOLAR PROTEIN DEGRADATION PATHWAYHui Ling Chiang; Fiscal Year: 2010..is utilized for multiple cargo proteins including isocitrate lysase, phosphoenopyruvate carboxykinase and malate dehydrogenase. Our long-term goal is to understand the mechanisms underlying the vacuolar dependent pathway of FBPase ..
- ONTOGENY AND HORMONAL CONTROL OF CARDIAC NADH SHUTTLESThomas Scholz; Fiscal Year: 2001..aspartate/glutamate carrier (AGC), the oxoglutarate/malate carrier (OMC), and the mitochondrial isoforms of malate dehydrogenase, aspartate aminotransferase, and alpha-GP dehydrogenase (malpha-GPDH)...
- FRUCTOFURANOSE MODULATORS--STRUCTURAL/ENZYMATIC STUDIESEZZAT YOUNATHAN; Fiscal Year: 1992..the hypoglycemic action of 2,5-AM, two gluconeogenic enzymes, namely phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase and malate dehydrogenase will be investigated for sensitivity to inhibition by its bisphosphate...
- BIOCHEMISTRY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF SINGLE MOTOR UNITSPATTI NEMETH; Fiscal Year: 1993..muscle fibers include: activities of enzymes (adenylokinase, creatine kinase, lactate dehydrogenase, malate dehydrogenase and beta-hydroxyacyl CoA dehydrogenase) and concentrations of phosphogens and metabolites of energy ..
- TRYPANOSOME GENE EXPRESSION AND ENVIRONMENTAL ADAPTATIONGEORGE CROSS; Fiscal Year: 1993..The first one to be attempted will be malate dehydrogenase; alternatives include phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase and adenylate kinase.
- THEORY OF AQUEOUS TWO-PHASE EXTRACTIONCarol Hall; Fiscal Year: 1990..The proposed research is intended to provide a useful framework for the organization of existing data aqueous two-phase extraction and for the optimal design of new biorecovery processes based on this method...
- Molecular Evolution of Pyridoxal Phoshate EnzymesJACK KIRSCH; Fiscal Year: 2006..DNA shuffling will be used to attempt to convert an important oxidation enzyme of intermediary metabolism, malate dehydrogenase, to acquire the activity of a structurally related enzyme, lactate dehydrogenase, in order to compare the ..
- PROTEIN TRANSLOCATION ACROSS ORGANELLE MEMBRANESArnold Strauss; Fiscal Year: 1990..The model for this post-translational uptake is the biosynthesis of rat mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase and glutamate dehydrogenase...
- Survivin Regulation of ApoptosisNathan Wall; Fiscal Year: 2003..intramitochondrial space to the cytosol of cytochrome C; and the release from the mitochondrial matrix of malate dehydrogenase (MDH)...
- PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY OF PROTEINS IN SALT SOLUTIONSJAMES IFFT; Fiscal Year: 1980..Density gradient proportionality constants for additional 1:2 and 1:3 salt systems will be computed and thermodynamic data obtained for CsCl at 5 degrees C. ..
- METABOLIC FLUX PATTERNS IN HEPATOMA CELLSJoanne Kelleher; Fiscal Year: 1992..3. To examine the hypothesis that TCA cycle malate is preferentially metabolized by malate dehydrogenase while externally supplied malate is metabolized by the mitochondrial malic enzyme. 4...
- Mechanisms of Nucleic Acid Uptake and The Role of cMDHBasil Hanss; Fiscal Year: 2008..We have identified four protein components of the channel. One of which, cytosolic malate dehydrogenase, functions as the regulatory subunit of the channel...
- Biomarker Genes in Mood Disorder: Lymphocyte and BrainMARQUIS VAWTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The potential use of biomarkers in lymphocytes will provide clinical researchers a tool to better address questions concerning diagnostic subgroups and treatment responders and non-responders. ..
- Generation of Antiangiogenic Activity for Cancer Treat.Vikas Sukhatme; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will set the stage for a Phase II trial of the tPA and captopril regimen for cancer therapy and perhaps for treating other angiogenesis dependent diseases as well. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Chaperonin/Osmolyte Protein Folding Screen - STTR Phase IMark Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Survey of Age-Associated Carbonylation of Brain ProteinsLaszlo Prokai; Fiscal Year: 2008..The degree of association will be determined between performance in each task and the degree of specific carbonylation associated with individual aging-associated oxidation-sensitive proteins. ..
- Computational and experimental studies of targets of protein kinase inhibitorsADRIAN HAMILTON ELCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2010..The research proposed here directly addresses the single greatest challenge to the therapeutic pursuit of kinases: how to design small molecule inhibitors that can specifically inhibit a kinase of interest. ..
- A MULTICENTER STUDY OF IDIOPATHIC GENERALIZED EPILEPSYDavid A Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ME2 locus findings especially may suggest new directions for epilepsy drug development. ..
- Fatty Acid Biosynthesis in Cryptosporidium parvumGuan Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) To validate that fatty acid metabolic enzymes may serve as rational drug target in Cryptosporidium by discovering inhibitors selectively against, parasite fatty acid metabolic enzymes. ..
- Regulation of Skeletal Muscle LKB1WILLIAM WINDER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will provide additional rationale for convincing a predominantly sedentary population of the importance of regular exercise in combating inactivity-related diseases. ..
- Dynamin: Ligand Interactions and Conformational DynamicsDavid Jameson; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Alpha-Crystallin and CataractogensisJoseph Horwitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..These are excellent models for understanding the biochemical and biophysical changes that occur in age-related human cataract. ..
- Molecular Simulations of Folding & Association in Physiological EnvironmentsADRIAN HAMILTON ELCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2010..biological and quantitative proteomics data will be utilized to build preliminary 3D models of four different environments in the model prokaryote Escherichia coli: the cytoplasm, periplasm, and inner and outer-membranes ..
- MOLECULAR TOXICOLOGY IN HUMAN KIDNEY CELLSLawrence Lash; Fiscal Year: 2007..Achievement of these aims should build on our previous work in human kidney cells and extend it to provide a much more complete understanding of the various and complex ways in which DCVC affects the human kidney [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vision Research Infrastructure Development Grant (R24)FRANK GIBLIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- WILMS TUMOR-1 GENE REGULATION IN KIDNEY DEVELOPMENTVikas Sukhatme; Fiscal Year: 2001..Methods to be used include gel mobility shift assays, DNA footprinting, expression cloning, protein purification, and in situ hybridization. ..
- MAGNETIC RESONANCE CARDIAC C13FLUX AND METABOLIC RATEE Lewandowski; Fiscal Year: 2001..The long range objective is the ultimate use of C13 NMR to assess the activity and expression of these mitochondrial proteins that regulate metabolic flux in intact and in vivo organs during development and disease. ..
- THREE VHL TUMOR SUPPRESSOR TARGETS IN RENAL CANCERVikas Sukhatme; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- BRAIN TARGETING OF THYROTROPIN RELEASING HORMONE ANALOGSLaszlo Prokai; Fiscal Year: 2002..Behavioral observations, dose-dependence and duration of action will also be addressed by appropriate method or study designs. ..
- GLUTATHIONE AND MITOCHONDRIA IN TOXIC RENAL INJURYLawrence Lash; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information may have therapeutic applications for prevention of renal cellular injury or for understanding mitochondrial diseases or age-related decreases that occur in mitochondrial function. ..
- COMBINATION ANTIANGIOGENIC THERAPY FOR ADVANCED MELANOMAVikas Sukhatme; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, the resulting analyses may find novel biomarkers that could be useful as monitoring tools in future antiangiogenesis clinical trials. ..
- Cryptosporidium parvum DNA replication proteinsGuan Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2004..The completion of these aims will not only prove or refute our hypothesis, but also establish a new foundation for the drug discovery targeting the parasite unique DNA mechanism machinery. ..
- METABOLIC CONTROL AND MOLECULAR ADAPTATION IN DROSOPHILAWALTER EANES; Fiscal Year: 2005..Studies will begin to identify the genes responsible for the variation in this suite of traits that have cascading effects into the metabolic pathways. ..
- The Role of Quinols in Estrogen NeuroprotectionLaszlo Prokai; Fiscal Year: 2006..Hence, they will serve as new lead compounds for the development of neuroprotective agents with improved efficacy. ..
- TWO-LOCUS MODELS, HETEROGENEITY AND DIABETESDavid Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Metabolic enzyme activity mediating myocardial stunningE Lewandowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ENDOSTATIN ACTION--SIGNALING AND MUTANTSVikas Sukhatme; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Physiology of Malonyl-CoA in Muscle during ExerciseWILLIAM WINDER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results will provide additional rationale for the use of regular exercise in preventing and treating type 2 diabetes and obesity. ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF VESTIBULAR COMPENSATIONDONALD GODFREY; Fiscal Year: 2001....