Genomes and Genes
Summary: A class of enzymes that catalyzes the degradation of gelatin by acting on the peptide bonds. EC 3.4.24.-.
Publications305 found, 100 shown here
- Suppression of antitumor immunity by stromal cells expressing fibroblast activation protein-alphaMatthew Kraman
Wellcome Trust Immunology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Medical Research Council Centre, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
Science 330:827-30. 2010..Therefore, FAP-expressing cells are a nonredundant, immune-suppressive component of the tumor microenvironment...
- Stromal antigen targeting by a humanised monoclonal antibody: an early phase II trial of sibrotuzumab in patients with metastatic colorectal cancerR D Hofheinz
Onkologisches Zentrum, III Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Mannheim, Germany
Onkologie 26:44-8. 2003..Unconjugated sibrotuzumab (BIBH 1), which is a humanised version of the murine anti-FAP mAb F19, was investigated for its anti-tumour activity, safety and pharmacokinetics...
- A matrix metalloproteinase expressed on the surface of invasive tumour cellsH Sato
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology, School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
Nature 370:61-5. 1994..The new metalloproteinase may thus trigger invasion by tumour cells by activating pro-gelatinase A on the tumour cell surface...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 and MMP-9 in breast cancer with a special reference to activator protein-2, HER2, and prognosisJohanna M Pellikainen
Department of Pathology and Forensic Medicine, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Clin Cancer Res 10:7621-8. 2004..The role of invasion and metastasis-promoting MMPs and their potential regulators, AP-2 and HER2, is currently still unclear in breast cancer...
- The role of gelatinases in colorectal cancer progression and metastasisOlaf R F Mook
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Department of Cell Biology and Histology, P O Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1705:69-89. 2004Various proteases are involved in cancer progression and metastasis. In particular, gelatinases, matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and MMP-9, have been implicated to play a role in colon cancer progression and metastasis in animal ..
- A Phase I dose-escalation study of sibrotuzumab in patients with advanced or metastatic fibroblast activation protein-positive cancerAndrew M Scott
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Melbourne Tumour Biology, Austin, and Repatriation Medical Centre, 3084 Australia
Clin Cancer Res 9:1639-47. 2003....
- Promotion of tumor growth by murine fibroblast activation protein, a serine protease, in an animal modelJonathan D Cheng
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 62:4767-72. 2002..Moreover, tumor growth is attenuated by antibodies that inhibit the proteolytic activity of FAP. These findings suggest a possible therapeutic role for functional inhibition of FAP activity...
- Targeting tumor-associated fibroblasts improves cancer chemotherapy by increasing intratumoral drug uptakeMarkus Loeffler
The Scripps Research Institute, Department of Immunology, La Jolla, California 92037, USA, and Department of Radiation Oncology, Heidelberg Medical School, Heidelberg, Germany
J Clin Invest 116:1955-62. 2006..This strategy opens a new venue for the combination of immuno- and chemotherapies...
- Targeting fibroblast activation protein inhibits tumor stromagenesis and growth in miceAngélica M Santos
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Invest 119:3613-25. 2009..These data provide proof of principle that targeting stromal cell-mediated modifications of the tumor microenvironment may be an effective approach to treating epithelial-derived solid tumors...
- Clinical implications of fibroblast activation protein in patients with colon cancerLeonard R Henry
Department of Surgical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:1736-41. 2007..The primary objective of this study was to evaluate the clinical significance of stromal FAP in human colon cancers by immunohistochemisty...
- Immunotherapy targeting fibroblast activation protein inhibits tumor growth and increases survival in a murine colon cancer modelYuan Wen
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital and School of Life Science, Sichuan University Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, West China Second Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Cancer Sci 101:2325-32. 2010..5-fold increase in lifespan and no significant pathology. These results suggest that FAP, a product preferentially expressed by TAF, could function as an effective tumor rejection antigen...
- Tumor immunotherapy targeting fibroblast activation protein, a product expressed in tumor-associated fibroblastsJaewoo Lee
Center for Translational Research, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Cancer Res 65:11156-63. 2005..The study suggests that FAP, a product which is preferentially expressed in tumor-associated fibroblasts, could function as a tumor rejection antigen in a broad range of cancers...
- Fibroblast activation protein is induced by inflammation and degrades type I collagen in thin-cap fibroatheromataChad E Brokopp
Cardiovascular Research, Institute of Physiology, Zurich University, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Heart J 32:2713-22. 2011..Fibroblast activation protein (FAP) plays a role in arthritis and tumour formation through its collagenase activity. However, the significance of FAP in thin-cap human fibroatheromata remains unknown...
- Expression of the fibroblast activation protein during mouse embryo developmentJ Niedermeyer
Oncology Research Group, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG, Biberach, Germany
Int J Dev Biol 45:445-7. 2001..5 d.p.c. Fap-/- lacZ embryos. We report that Fap-/- lacZ mice express beta-Galactosidase at regions of active tissue remodeling during embryogenesis including somites and perichondrial mesenchyme from cartilage primordia...
- Fibroblast activation protein alpha identifies mesenchymal stromal cells from human bone marrowSohyun Bae
Biotherapeutic Division, Genexel Sein Inc, Daejon, Korea
Br J Haematol 142:827-30. 2008..FAP immunoselection yielded homogeneous MSCs from cryopreserved bone marrow (BM). These results suggest that FAP serves as a surface protein marker that can singly define MSCs from BM and possibly from other sources...
- Fibroblast activation protein-α promotes tumor growth and invasion of breast cancer cells through non-enzymatic functionsYan Huang
Department of Pathology, Winthrop P Rockefeller Cancer Institute, Arkansas Cancer Research Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205 7199, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 28:567-79. 2011..We conclude that the proteolytic activity of FAP participates in matrix degradation, but other functions of the protein stimulate increased tumor growth...
- Rationale behind targeting fibroblast activation protein-expressing carcinoma-associated fibroblasts as a novel chemotherapeutic strategyW Nathaniel Brennen
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 11:257-66. 2012....
- Inhibition of fibroblast activation protein and dipeptidylpeptidase 4 increases cartilage invasion by rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblastsCaroline Ospelt
University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Arthritis Rheum 62:1224-35. 2010....
- A key role for mast cell chymase in the activation of pro-matrix metalloprotease-9 and pro-matrix metalloprotease-2Elena Tchougounova
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Molecular Biosciences, BMC, Box 575, 75123 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 280:9291-6. 2005..The present study thus indicates a key role for mast cell chymase in the regulation of pro-MMP-2 and -9 activities. Moreover, the results suggest an important role for mast cell chymase in regulating connective tissue homeostasis...
- Activation of a recombinant membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) by furin and its interaction with tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-2H Sato
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology, Kanazawa University, Japan
FEBS Lett 393:101-4. 1996..Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-2 inhibited activation of progelatinase A by forming a stable complex with activated MT1-MMP...
- Human endothelial gelatinases and angiogenesisM Nguyen
Sutton Arthritis Research Laboratory, Royal North Shore Hospital, New South Wales 2065, St. Leonards, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 33:960-70. 2001..These new findings may lead to therapeutic interventions for the treatment of angiogenic-dependent diseases such as cancer and arthritis...
- Neutrophil infiltration increases matrix metalloproteinase-9 in the ischemic brain after occlusion/reperfusion of the middle cerebral artery in ratsCarles Justicia
Departament de Farmacologia i Toxicologia, IIBB CSIC, Barcelona, Spain
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 23:1430-40. 2003..We conclude that neutrophil infiltration highly contributes to enhanced MMP-9 in the ischemic brain by releasing MMP-9 proform, which might participate in the tissular inflammatory reaction...
- IL-21 is highly produced in Helicobacter pylori-infected gastric mucosa and promotes gelatinases synthesisRoberta Caruso
Department of Internal Medicine and Centre of Excellence for Genomic Risk Assessment in Multifactorial and Complex Diseases, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Immunol 178:5957-65. 2007..These data indicate that IL-21 is overexpressed in Hp-infected gastric mucosa where it could contribute to increased epithelial gelatinase production...
- Cancer-associated fibroblasts correlate with poor prognosis in rectal cancer after chemoradiotherapySusumu Saigusa
Department of Gastrointestinal and Pediatric Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Mie, Japan
Int J Oncol 38:655-63. 2011..In conclusion, FAP-α and SDF-1 expression was shown to be involved in tumor re-growth and recurrence in rectal cancer patients treated with pre-operative CRT...
- Effective immunoconjugate therapy in cancer models targeting a serine protease of tumor fibroblastsElinborg Ostermann
Boehringer Ingelheim Austria GmbH, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 14:4584-92. 2008..The present study was undertaken to determine the antitumor effects of an antibody-conjugate against fibroblast activation protein-alpha, a cell surface protease of activated tumor fibroblasts...
- Targeted disruption of mouse fibroblast activation proteinJ Niedermeyer
Department of Oncology Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG, 88397 Biberach, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 20:1089-94. 2000..We report that Fap(-/-) mice are fertile, show no overt developmental defects, and have no general change in cancer susceptibility...
- Adipose tissue expression of gelatinases in mouse models of obesityH R Lijnen
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Thromb Haemost 85:1111-6. 2001..The presence of MMP-2 in the adipose tissue was confirmed immunologically and its localization in adipocytes revealed by immunogold electron microscopy. The potential functional role of MMP-2 in adipose tissue remains to be determined...
- Targeted delivery of miR-200c/DOC to inhibit cancer stem cells and cancer cells by the gelatinases-stimuli nanoparticlesQin Liu
The Comprehensive Cancer Center of Drum Tower Hospital, Medical School of Nanjing University and Clinical Cancer Institute of Nanjing University, Zhongshan Road 321, Nanjing 21008, PR China
Biomaterials 34:7191-203. 2013..In the present work, the intelligent gelatinases-stimuli nanoparticles (NPs) was set up to co-deliver miR-200c and docetaxel (DOC) to verify their synergetic ..
- Evaluation of cytotoxicity and up-regulation of gelatinases in human fibroblast cells by four root canal sealersE J N L Silva
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Endodontic Division, Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int Endod J 45:49-56. 2012..To investigate the effects of root canal sealers on the cytotoxicity and gelatinolytic activity of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in human fibroblasts...
- Targeting gelatinases with a near-infrared fluorescent cyclic His-Try-Gly-Phe peptideWei Wang
Department of Experimental Diagnostic Imaging, Unit 59, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 11:424-33. 2009The purpose of the study is to synthesize and characterize near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence imaging probes targeted to gelatinases.
- Matrix metalloproteinases regulate morphogenesis, migration and remodeling of epithelium, tongue skeletal muscle and cartilage in the mandibular archJ R Chin
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0750, USA
Development 124:1519-30. 1997..Our data suggest that matrix metalloproteinases play a pivotal role in the morphogenesis of structures derived from epithelium (oral sulcus), cranial paraxial mesoderm (tongue) and cranial neural crest (Meckel's cartilage)...
- The potential mechanism for the different expressions of gelatinases induced by all-trans retinoic acid in different cellsTian Biao Zhou
Department of Pediatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nan Ning, China
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 32:129-33. 2012b>Gelatinases include matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9). The increased expressions of gelatinases are implicated in the pathogenesis of cell injury and cell death...
- The TIMP2 membrane type 1 metalloproteinase "receptor" regulates the concentration and efficient activation of progelatinase A. A kinetic studyG S Butler
Strangeways Research Laboratory, Worts Causeway, Cambridge CB1 4RN and School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 273:871-80. 1998..Together, the data suggest that TIMP2 forms a receptor with MT1 MMP that regulates the concentration and efficient generation of functionally active gelatinase A...
- Fibroblast activation protein: purification, epitope mapping and induction by growth factorsW J Rettig
Program of Immunology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021
Int J Cancer 58:385-92. 1994..FAP and CD26 may belong to a family of structurally related but functionally distinct activation proteins that are expressed on different cell types and show unique modes of regulation in normal and malignant cells...
- Membrane-type matrix metalloproteinases 1 and 2 exhibit broad-spectrum proteolytic capacities comparable to many matrix metalloproteinasesM P d'Ortho
INSERM U296, Faculte de Medecine, Creteil, France
Eur J Biochem 250:751-7. 1997..Their location at the surface of cells implies that they could play a significant role in the modulation of cell-matrix interactions...
- Fibroblast activation protein is expressed by rheumatoid myofibroblast-like synoviocytesStefan Bauer
Oncology Department, Universitatsspital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R171. 2006..Moreover, the specific expression pattern qualifies FAP as a therapeutic target for inhibiting the destructive potential of fibroblast-like synovial cells...
- Reduced angiogenesis and tumor progression in gelatinase A-deficient miceT Itoh
Shionogi Institute for Medical Science, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Cancer Res 58:1048-51. 1998..014 and P < 0.0015, respectively). These results indicated that host-derived gelatinase A plays an important role in angiogenesis and tumor progression, suggesting the usefulness of gelatinase A inhibitors for anticancer chemotherapy...
- Colorectal cancer cells activate adjacent fibroblasts resulting in FGF1/FGFR3 signaling and increased invasionMaria L Henriksson
Department of Medical Biosciences, Pathology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Am J Pathol 178:1387-94. 2011..Our findings provide evidence of a possible molecular mechanism involved in the cross talk between cancer cells and fibroblasts leading to cancer cell invasion...
- Targeting the cancer stroma with a fibroblast activation protein-activated promelittin protoxinAaron M LeBeau
Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore Maryland 21231, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 8:1378-86. 2009..Intratumoral injection of an FAP-activated protoxin produced significant lysis and growth inhibition of human breast and prostate cancer xenografts with minimal toxicity to the host animal...
- Molecular proximity of seprase and the urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor on malignant melanoma cell membranes: dependence on beta1 integrins and the cytoskeletonVira V Artym
Department of Biological Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Carcinogenesis 23:1593-601. 2002..Based on these findings, we speculate that formation of heterogeneous lytic domains in the invading membranes of LOX cells increases the efficiency of directed pericellular proteolysis...
- Tumors and their microenvironments: tilling the soil. Commentary re: A. M. Scott et al., A Phase I dose-escalation study of sibrotuzumab in patients with advanced or metastatic fibroblast activation protein-positive cancer. Clin. Cancer Res., 9: 1639-1647Jonathan D Cheng
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Department of Medical Oncology, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:1590-5. 2003
- Unaltered secretion of beta-amyloid precursor protein in gelatinase A (matrix metalloproteinase 2)-deficient miceT Itoh
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, 53 Kawahara, Syogo in, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 01, Japan
J Biol Chem 272:22389-92. 1997..The data suggest that gelatinase A does not play an essential role in the generation and release of soluble derivatives of APP at physiological conditions...
- Gelatinase-stimuli strategy enhances the tumor delivery and therapeutic efficacy of docetaxel-loaded poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(ɛ-caprolactone) nanoparticlesQin Liu
The Comprehensive Cancer Center of Drum Tower Hospital, Medical School of Nanjing University and Clinical Cancer Institute of Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Int J Nanomedicine 7:281-95. 2012..We found clear evidence that the DOC-TNPs were transformed by gelatinases, allowing drug release and enhancing the cellular uptake of DOC (P < 0.01)...
- Latanoprost therapy reduces the levels of TGF beta 1 and gelatinases in the aqueous humour of patients with exfoliative glaucomaAnastasios G P Konstas
A University Department of Ophthalmology, AHEPA Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Exp Eye Res 82:319-22. 2006..A better understanding of its effect on the pathobiology of the disease may lead to its earlier use in the disease process to prevent progression from XFS to XFG...
- Fibroblast activation protein in remodeling tissuesM Jacob
Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Curr Mol Med 12:1220-43. 2012..Finally, we discuss the potential risks and therapeutic benefits of targeting FAP and FAP-expressing cells, as well as approaches to do so...
- Role of gelatinases (MMP-2 and MMP-9), TIMP-1, vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and microvessel density on the clinicopathological behavior of childhood non-Hodgkin lymphomaElvan Caglar Citak
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Oncology, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 25:55-66. 2008..53% vs. 100% respectively, p = .039). Neither gelatinases nor VEGF correlated with age, sex, disease stage, the occurrence of bulky disease, or extranodal disease...
- In vivo evidence for active matrix metalloproteinases in human endometrium supports their role in tissue breakdown at menstruationJin Zhang
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2346-51. 2002..This is the first in vivo evidence for increased active MMPs in menstrual endometrium compared with other stages of the cycle. These findings position the MMPs for a critical role in the matrix degradation at menstruation...
- Matrix metalloproteinases in bone marrow: roles of gelatinases in physiological hematopoiesis and hematopoietic malignanciesX F Yu
National Research Center for Stem Cell Engineering and Technology, Institute of Hematology and Hospital of Blood Diseases, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union of Medical College, Tianjin, China
Histol Histopathol 21:519-31. 2006..Furthermore, the preclinical studies on the role of synthetic MMP inhibitors in the treatment of hematological malignancies will be discussed...
- Effects of Enterococcus faecalis fsr genes on production of gelatinase and a serine protease and virulenceX Qin
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Infect Immun 68:2579-86. 2000..These results suggest that sprE and agr-like genes contribute to the virulence of E. faecalis OG1RF in this model...
- Evaluation of the tumor targeting of a FAPα-based doxorubicin prodrugSichao Huang
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Jinan University, Guangzhou, PR China
J Drug Target 19:487-96. 2011..These findings suggest that such FAPα-based prodrug strategy is promising to achieve targeted delivery of antitumor agents...
- Inhibition of human prostate cancer growth, osteolysis and angiogenesis in a bone metastasis model by a novel mechanism-based selective gelatinase inhibitorR Daniel Bonfil
Department of Urology, Wayne State University School of Medicine and The Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Int J Cancer 118:2721-6. 2006..However, therapeutic options for treatment of PC bone metastasis are limited. Gelatinases are members of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family and have been shown to play a key role in PC ..
- Inhibition of human gelatinases by metals released from dental amalgamA P Souza
Department de Morfologia, Faculdade de Odontologia de Piracicaba, UNICAMP, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Biomaterials 22:2025-30. 2001..These findings suggest that the activity of oral tissue MMPs may be modulated by metal ions released from dental amalgam...
- Effect of fibroblast activation protein and alpha2-antiplasmin cleaving enzyme on collagen types I, III, and IVVictoria J Christiansen
William K Warren Medical Research Center and Department of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73190, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 457:177-86. 2007..We conclude that FAP works in synchrony with other proteinases to cleave partially degraded or denatured collagen I and III as ECM is excavated, and that derivative peptides might function to regulate malignant cell growth and motility...
- Gelatinases and their tissue inhibitors in a group of subjects with metabolic syndromeEugenia Hopps
Dipartimento Biomedico di Medicina Interna e Specialistica, Universita degli Studi di Palermo, Italy
J Investig Med 61:978-83. 2013..To evaluate matrix metalloproteases (MMP)-2 and MMP-9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteases (TIMP)-1 and TIMP-2 in a group of subjects with metabolic syndrome (MS) subdivided according to the presence or absence of diabetes mellitus...
- Fibroblast activation protein-α: a key modulator of the microenvironment in multiple pathologiesThomas Kelly
Department of Pathology and Winthrop P Rockefeller Cancer Institute, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Int Rev Cell Mol Biol 297:83-116. 2012..Throughout this review, effort is made to highlight areas where information is lacking and to highlight important questions that require further investigation...
- Modulation of matrix gelatinases and metalloproteinase-activating process in acute kidney rejectionAlain Laplante
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, UQAM Sainte Justine Hospital, C P 8888, succursale Centre Ville Montreal, Quebec, H3C 3P8, Canada
Transpl Int 16:262-9. 2003..In the urine the overall gelatinolytic activity decreased considerably, although activity associated with an as yet unidentified 78-kDa protein appeared 6 days after transplantation...
- The liver fluke Opisthorchis viverrini expresses nitric oxide synthase but not gelatinasesSuksanti Prakobwong
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Udon Thani Rajabhat University, Udon Thani 41000, Thailand
Parasitol Int 61:112-7. 2012..DNA damage and secrete Ras-related C3 botulinum toxin substrate (Rac)1, heme oxygenase (HO)-1, and gelatinases (matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)2 and MMP9). We evaluated whether these enzymes are expressed in O. viverrini...
- Survey for virulence determinants among Enterococcus faecalis isolated from different sourcesRoberta Creti
Laboratorio di Batteriologia, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 299 00161 Rome, Italy
J Med Microbiol 53:13-20. 2004..Generally, isolates from endocarditis, biliary stents and the environment were equipped with fewer virulence factors than isolates from other sources. UTI strains possessed the highest number of factors...
- Expression of genes for gelatinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in periodontal tissues during orthodontic tooth movementIchiro Takahashi
Division of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Graduate School of Dentistry, Tohoku University, 4 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
J Mol Histol 37:333-42. 2006..This altered pattern of gene expression may determine the rate and extent of remodeling of the collagenous ECM in periodontal tissues during orthodontic tooth movement...
- Timp-1, -2 and -3 show coexpression with gelatinases A and B during mouse tooth morphogenesisC Sahlberg
Institute of Biotechnology, Viikki Biocenter, University of Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Oral Sci 107:121-30. 1999....
- Fibroblast activation protein and its relationship to clinical outcome in pancreatic adenocarcinomaSteven J Cohen
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Jeanes Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
Pancreas 37:154-8. 2008....
- A proposed mechanism for the inhibitory effect of the anticancer agent titanocene dichloride on tumour gelatinases and other proteolytic enzymesMaria Pavlaki
Department of Chemistry, School of Natural Sciences, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
J Biol Inorg Chem 14:947-57. 2009..In this article it is demonstrated that titanocene dichloride inhibits tumour gelatinases in a dose-dependent manner...
- Targeted bioactivity of membrane-anchored TNF by an antibody-derived TNF fusion proteinStefan Bauer
Medical Department I, Universitat des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Immunol 172:3930-9. 2004..These data warrant transfer of the anti-FAP-TNF immunocytokine into clinical trials for the treatment of FAP-positive tumors...
- Secretion of gelatinases and activation of gelatinase A (MMP-2) by human rheumatoid synovial fibroblastsH Smolian
Department of Rheumatology, , Germany
Biol Chem 382:1491-9. 2001..Our results demonstrate that MMP-2 can be activated by quite different pathways, and that different cells, even when belonging to the fibroblast family, do not necessarily use the same activating pathways...
- A versatile assay for gelatinases using succinylated gelatinV M Baragi
Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research Division, Warner Lambert Company, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Matrix Biol 19:267-73. 2000..assay using succinylated gelatin as substrate is described for measuring the catalytic activity of gelatinases. The assay is based on measurement of primary amines exposed as a result of hydrolysis of the substrate by ..
- Increased expression of seprase, a membrane-type serine protease, is associated with lymph node metastasis in human colorectal cancerSatoshi Iwasa
Department of Pathology, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30 1 Oyaguchi kamicho, Itabashi, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Cancer Lett 199:91-8. 2003..These results suggested that an abundant expression of seprase in colorectal cancer tissue is associated with lymph node metastasis...
- Molecular cloning of fibroblast activation protein alpha, a member of the serine protease family selectively expressed in stromal fibroblasts of epithelial cancersM J Scanlan
Immunology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:5657-61. 1994....
- Human tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 3 interacts with both the N- and C-terminal domains of gelatinases A and B. Regulation by polyanionsG S Butler
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich, Norfolk NR4 7TJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 274:10846-51. 1999..TIMP-3 behaved more like TIMP-2 than TIMP-1, showing rapid association with gelatinases A and B...
- Up-regulation of gelatinases in the colorectal adenoma-carcinoma sequenceAntonio Z Gimeno-Garcia
Gastroenterology Department, Hospital Universitario de Canarias, La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
Eur J Cancer 42:3246-52. 2006..The present study demonstrates that MMP-9 is markedly up-regulated in the adenomatous tissue and suggests that this gelatinase might be a marker for early colorectal carcinogenesis...
- Less gelatinases is associated with apolipoprotein E accumulation in glomerulosclerosis ratsTian Biao Zhou
Department of Pediatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, China
Histol Histopathol 27:249-56. 2012b>Gelatinases include matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9). The abnormal expressions of gelatinases are implicated in the pathogenesis of extracellular matrix (ECM) accumulation...
- DPIV/CD26 and FAP in cancer: a tale of contradictionsMelanie L Sulda
School of Biological Sciences, Flinders University, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Adv Exp Med Biol 575:197-206. 2006
- Matrix metalloproteinases and metastasisD E Kleiner
Laboratory of Pathology, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 43:S42-51. 1999..Thus MMPs play multiple key roles in facilitating the metastasis of tumor cells. Therapies designed to interfere with specific MMP actions may be useful in the control of metastatic disease...
- Co-culture of human breast adenocarcinoma MCF-7 cells and human dermal fibroblasts enhances the production of matrix metalloproteinases 1, 2 and 3 in fibroblastsA Ito
Department of Biochemistry, Tokyo College of Pharmacy, Japan
Br J Cancer 71:1039-45. 1995..Such communication between the normal and malignant cell types may, in part, assist the cancer cells to invade and metastasise...
- Synthetic gelatinases inhibitor attenuates electromagnetic pulse-induced blood-brain barrier disruption by inhibiting gelatinases-mediated ZO-1 degradation in ratsLian Bo Qiu
Department of Radiation Medicine, Faculty of Preventive Medicine, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Toxicology 285:31-8. 2011..Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), in particular gelatinases (MMP-2 and MMP-9), play a key role in degradation of tight junction proteins, are known mediators of BBB ..
- Activation of EDTA-resistant gelatinases in malignant human tumorsDonghai Chen
Department of Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
Cancer Res 66:9977-85. 2006..To test if activation of gelatinases associated with seprase could be involved in malignant tumors, we used a mammalian expression system to ..
- Apoptosis and gene expression of collagenases but not gelatinases in rabbit disc fragment culturesDaniel Haschtmann
MEM Research Center for Orthopaedic Surgery, Institute for Surgical Technology and Biomechanics, University of Bern, Switzerland
J Neurosurg Spine 8:552-60. 2008....
- Stromal expression of fibroblast activation protein/seprase, a cell membrane serine proteinase and gelatinase, is associated with longer survival in patients with invasive ductal carcinoma of breastN Ariga
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Hospital, Sendai, Japan
Int J Cancer 95:67-72. 2001..FAP/seprase expression is one of the manifestations of the stromal reaction (i.e., matrix turnover); thus, invasive ductal carcinomas with fewer stromal reactions expressing FAP/seprase may be more aggressive...
- Selective inhibition of fibroblast activation protein protease based on dipeptide substrate specificityConrad Yap Edosada
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way MS42, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 281:7437-44. 2006..These results identify Ac-Gly-BoroPro as a FAP-selective inhibitor and suggest that N-acyl-Gly-Pro-based inhibitors will allow testing of FAP as a therapeutic target...
- Molecular cloning of seprase: a serine integral membrane protease from human melanomaL A Goldstein
Lombardi Cancer Center and Department of Cell Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1361:11-9. 1997..We propose that seprase/FAP alpha and DPPIV represent a new subfamily of serine integral membrane proteases (SIMP)...
- Abrogation of fibroblast activation protein enzymatic activity attenuates tumor growthJonathan D Cheng
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:351-60. 2005....
- Expression patterns of seprase, a membrane serine protease, in cervical carcinoma and cervical intraepithelial neoplasmXin Jin
Department of Pathology, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30 1 Oyaguchi kamicho, Itabashi, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Anticancer Res 23:3195-8. 2003..Seprase is a membrane-bound serine proteinase with gelatinase activity, which may be involved in cancer invasion and metastasis...
- Effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on the expression of urokinase plasminogen activator and inhibitor and gelatinases in the early osteoarthritic knee of humansShun Fa Yang
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Clin Biochem 41:109-16. 2008..anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) on the expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator (u-PA), PA inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and gelatinases [matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 and MMP-9] in the early knee osteoarthritis (OA) of humans.
- Virulence factors in food, clinical and reference Enterococci: A common trait in the genus?Teresa Semedo
Departamento de Biologia Vegetal and Centro de Genética e Biologia Molecular, Faculdade de Ciencias da Universidade de Lisboa, Lisboa, Portugal
Syst Appl Microbiol 26:13-22. 2003....
- Seprase, a membrane-bound protease, alleviates the serum growth requirement of human breast cancer cellsJohnna D Goodman
Department of Pathology, Arkansas Cancer Research Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205 7199, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 20:459-70. 2003..Seprase may contribute to the pathogenesis of breast cancer by promoting growth of the primary tumor and by facilitating the growth of breast cancer cells in metastases at other sites of the body...
- Mouse fibroblast activation protein: molecular cloning, alternative splicing and expression in the reactive stroma of epithelial cancersJ Niedermeyer
Oncology Research Group, Dr Karl Thomae GmbH Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma, Biberach, Germany
Int J Cancer 71:383-9. 1997..By extending the analysis of FAP to the mouse, new in vivo test systems become available for genetic and therapeutic manipulations and for the study of FAP regulation and function in embryonic development and in epithelial cancers...
- Fibroblast activation protein increases apoptosis, cell adhesion, and migration by the LX-2 human stellate cell lineXin Maggie Wang
A W Morrow Gastroenterology and Liver Centre at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology and The Discipline of Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Hepatology 42:935-45. 2005....
- Chemokines and gelatinases in the aqueous humor of patients with active uveitisAhmed M Abu El-Asrar
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Am J Ophthalmol 138:401-11. 2004To investigate the involvement of the chemokines CXCL10/IP-10, CXCL11/I-TAC, CXCL8/1L-8, CXCL6/GCP-2, CCL3/MIP-1alpha, and CCL18/PARC, and gelatinases A and B in uveitis.
- Moderate and severe traumatic brain injury induce early overexpression of systemic and brain gelatinasesAnna Vilalta
Neurotraumatology and Neurosurgery Research Unit, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035, Barcelona, Spain
Intensive Care Med 34:1384-92. 2008..We examined the acute profile of MMP-2 and MMP-9 in the plasma of patients with moderate or severe TBI and in the brain extracellular fluid (ECF)...
- Regulation of fibroblast migration on collagenous matrix by a cell surface peptidase complexGiulio Ghersi
Department of Medicine Medical Oncology, State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8154, USA
J Biol Chem 277:29231-41. 2002..Thus, we have identified cell surface proteolytic activities, which are non-metalloproteases, seprase and DPPIV, that are responsible for the tissue-invasive phenotype...
- Distinct functionality of tumor cell-derived gelatinases during formation of liver metastasesMichael Gerg
Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Institut für Experimentelle Onkologie und Therapieforschung, Munich, Germany
Mol Cancer Res 6:341-51. 2008..These findings explain the efficacy of gelatinase-specific synthetic inhibitors on invasion and growth of tumor cells and attribute distinct functions of MMP-2 and MMP-9 to aspects of liver metastasis...
- Presence of active gelatinases in endometrial carcinoma and correlation of matrix metalloproteinase expression with increasing tumor grade and invasionLisa A Di Nezza
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Vic, Australia
Cancer 94:1466-75. 2002..The cellular localization of MMP-2, MMP-9, membrane type 1 (MT1)-MMP, tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) 1-3, and the presence of active gelatinases were investigated in endometrial carcinoma.
- Matrix metalloproteinases MMP2 and MMP9 are produced in early stages of kidney morphogenesis but only MMP9 is required for renal organogenesis in vitroB Lelongt
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 64, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
J Cell Biol 136:1363-73. 1997..These data provide the first demonstration of MMP9 and MMP2 production in vivo by 11-d embryonic kidneys and further show that MMP9 is required in vitro for branching morphogenesis of the ureter bud...
- Matrix metalloproteinase expression increases after cerebral focal ischemia in rats: inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase-9 reduces infarct sizeA M Romanic
Department of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Stroke 29:1020-30. 1998..The present study was designed to investigate the effects of MMP expression after stroke...
- FAPalpha, a surface peptidase expressed during wound healing, is a tumor suppressorTeresa Ramirez-Montagut
Swim Across America Laboratory, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Oncogene 23:5435-46. 2004..These results show that expression of FAP is a tumor suppressor that abrogates tumorigenicity through regulation of cell growth and survival...
- Human microvascular endothelial cells differ from macrovascular endothelial cells in their expression of matrix metalloproteinasesC J Jackson
Sutton Rheumatism Research Laboratory, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, NSW, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 29:1167-77. 1997..These data clearly show that cultured endothelial cells derived from microvascular vs macrovascular tissues exhibit different MMP and TIMP secretory profiles...
- Expression of gelatinases A and B, and TIMPs 1 and 2 during corneal wound healingH Q Ye
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 39:913-21. 1998To determine the expression of gelatinases A and B and the localization of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-1 and TIMP-2 during the early stages of corneal wound healing in rats. METHODS...
- Design, synthesis, and characterization of potent, slow-binding inhibitors that are selective for gelatinasesM Margarida Bernardo
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 277:11201-7. 2002b>Gelatinases have been shown to play a key role in angiogenesis and tumor metastasis. Small molecular weight synthetic inhibitors for these enzymes are highly sought for potential use as anti-metastatic agents...
- Differential production of angiostatin by concomitant antitumoral resistance-inducing cancer cellsM Mercedes Binda
Laboratory of Fundación de Investigacián del Cáncer at CEFYBO, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Int J Cancer 100:14-21. 2002..These findings suggest the existence of a differential angiostatin generation by CAR-inducing cancer cells, providing additional support to previous data obtained by other authors...
- Expression and function of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors at the maternal-embryonic boundary during mouse embryo implantationC M Alexander
Laboratory of Radiobiology, Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Development 122:1723-36. 1996..We conclude that administration of MMP inhibitors retards decidual remodeling and growth, and we suggest that the MMPs expressed in precursor stromal cells promote their differentiation and expansion...
- Identification of the 170-kDa melanoma membrane-bound gelatinase (seprase) as a serine integral membrane proteaseM L Piñeiro-Sánchez
Lombardi Cancer Center and Department of Cell Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D C 20007, USA
J Biol Chem 272:7595-601. 1997..We conclude that seprase, FAPalpha, and DPPIV are related serine integral membrane proteases and that seprase is similar to DPPIV, the proteolytic activities of which are dependent upon subunit association...
- Gelatinases A and B are up-regulated in rat lungs by subacute hyperoxia: pathogenetic implicationsA Pardo
Facultad de Ciencias, UNAM, Coyoacan, Mexico, Mexico DF
Am J Pathol 153:833-44. 1998..To test the role of extracellular matrix degradation in hyperoxic damage, we analyzed the expression of gelatinases A and B and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-1 and TIMP-2 in rats exposed to 85% O2...
- A Hybrid Katp Channel Opener to Prevent Radiocontrast-Induced NephropathyKanneganti Murthy; Fiscal Year: 2012..We now propose to test this agent in a clinically-relevant small animal model of radiocontrast-induced kidney failure. ..
- A Thioredoxin Mimetic for Radiocontrast NephropathyGARRY JOHN SOUTHAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..We now propose to test this agent in a clinically-relevant small animal model of radiocontrast-induced kidney failure. ..
- Mechanism of Neutrophil ActivationKenneth R McLeish; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, new approaches to treating Veteran patients with a number of acute and chronic inflammatory diseases are anticipated. ..
- Chemoprevention of Head &Neck Cancer Using Controlled Release PolymersSusan R Mallery; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Towards Measures of Lupus Nephritis Activity &Damage for ChildrenHermine I Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2012..This will likely help reduce kidney damage, diminish the frequency of ESRD, and lower the cost of renal replacement therapy. ..
- Protease regulation of ovarian recrudescenceKELLY ANSLEY YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2013..granulosa cell proliferation, and steroidogenesis are dependent on MMP activity, and 3) that because gelatinases (MMPs-2/-9) are key players in ovarian cyclicity, and gelatinase activity is significantly down regulated ..
- The Renal Pathogenicity of Anti-DNA AntibodiesChaim Putterman; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- QD-BRET nanosensors for protease detection and imagingJianghong Rao; Fiscal Year: 2012..A sophisticated understanding of the differences of enzyme activity between tumor and normal tissues in living subjects will advance our understanding of cancer metastasis and help develop antimetastasis therapy. ..
- Urinary Biomarkers of Chronic Kidney Disease Pathology and ProgressionSushrut S Waikar; Fiscal Year: 2013..The identification of clinically useful CKD biomarkers will improve the care of individuals with and at risk for CKD. ..
- Inflammatory Effect of Enteric Bacterial-Mediated Intestinal PermeabilityIAN MICHAEL CARROLL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, the proposed research is innovative in our opinion as it will allow for the design of rational pathophysiology-directed probiotic treatment of GI disease. ..
- Molecular regulation of breast cancer growthMarsha A Moses; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Urinary Biomarkers for Recovery After Acute Kidney Injury and Prognosis in HospitISAAC ELI HALL; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study aims to identify, at the earliest possible time point, which patients are most likely to have complications related to kidney injury in order to provide safer care and reduce the potential for greater injury in the hospital. ..
- Hepcidin Lateral Flow Device for Prediction of Acute Kidney InjuryMARK EDWARD WESTERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Pro-peptide gene delivery for treating prostate cancer bone metastasesMarxa L Figueiredo; Fiscal Year: 2013..The propeptides will be processed by gelatinases (MMP2/9) present at high levels in prostate tumor bone metastases, specifically releasing therapeutic peptides ..
- The role of hypoxia in venous neointimal hyperplasia in hemodialysis graftsSanjay Misra; Fiscal Year: 2013..factor-A (VEGF-A) and its receptors;3) Increased expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and MMP-9 (gelatinases);and 4) Proliferation and migration of fibroblasts from the adventitia and media to the intima resulting in VNH ..
- Biomarkers in Acute Kidney InjuryJoseph Bonventre; Fiscal Year: 2009..The identification of early biomarkers of AKI will be a major step forward in the clinical care of patients at risk for AKI and will tremendously aid research on novel strategies for its prevention and treatment. ..
- PDE5i with Tadalafil Changes the Extent of Renal Damage (PITCH_ER)Ravi Thadhani; Fiscal Year: 2013..The PITCH-HF Executive Committee and the NHLBI reviewers agree this proposal may radically shift the clinical care paradigm for patients with CKD, AKI, and CHF. ..
- Basic mechanisms in arteriovenous fistula maturation for hemodialysisEUGENE SANGKEU LEE; Fiscal Year: 2013..If successful, maturation rates for AVF would improve and the need for repeat surgery minimized. ..
- Role of C/EBPepsilon in myeloid differentiationStephanie Halene; Fiscal Year: 2010..Verified important targets will be transduced into C/EBPe-/- marrow progenitors and transplanted back into C/EBPe-/- mice to assess reversal of phenotype. ..
- Early diagnosis of acute kidney injury by aptasensorsMuslum Ilgu; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Fibroblast Activation Protein-alpha Activated Anti-Stromal Prodrug Therpay for CaSamuel R Denmeade; Fiscal Year: 2010..e. "stroma") within cancers rather than the cancer cells themselves can be effective therapy. The FAP- activated prodrug, therefore, could represent a new targeted therapy for a variety of human cancers. ..
- "Validation of Novel CKD Biomarkers in CRIC"Kathleen D Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Role of Lipocalin 2 Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseMatam Vijay Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Given its small size, simple structure and biologic activiy in the absence of post-translational modification, Lcn2 may be exploitable as a treatment for intestinal inflammation. ..
- Mechanistic Studies of MUC4 and NGAL in Pancreatic AdenocarcinomaMICHAEL JAMES BAINE; Fiscal Year: 2012..This study aims to define the mechanism by which MUC4 and NGAL expressions are linked, thereby bolstering the evidence for peripheral blood NGAL's use as a potential early diagnostic and prognostic marker in pancreatic cancer. ..
- Models for Optimal Liver Transplant OutcomesW Ray Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Intercalated Cells of the Distal Nephron Defend the Urinary SystemNeal Paragas; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Pediatric Heart Network Prairieland ConsortiumCatherine Dent Krawczeski; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, the proposed research is relevant to NIH's mission because it will provide fundamental knowledge necessary to reduce illness burden from AKI. ..
- Trauma to Developing Brain-Injury and Repair MechanismsLinda J Noble; Fiscal Year: 2013..Together, these studies provide an important foundation for understanding the unique vulnerability of the young brain to TBI and for developing the most appropriate therapies for the brain-injured child. ..
- Subclinical and clinical heart disease and the effect on kidney injury and diseasMeyeon Park; Fiscal Year: 2013..Detection and characterization of kidney disease by biomarkers of kidney injury may become an important tool for future management strategies in this setting and others. ..
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin mediated retinoid effects in the skinKIMBERLY R LUMSDEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research will help to characterize neutrophil-gelatinase associated lipocalin's (NGAL) effect on the skin and will hopefully lead to the discovery of therapies alternative to 13-cis RA, which is known to cause birth defects. ..
- Intervention of Disease by Selective Gelatinase InhibitorsShahriar Mobashery; Fiscal Year: 2011..In particular, there is clear indication that gelatinases (MMP-2 and MMP-9) are major contributors...
- Extracellular Matrix Mediates Axonal Integrity Following Brain InjuryLinda L Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2013..We found that CC gelatinases MMP2 and 9 peak in activity at different postinjury intervals which are marked by reactive glial response...
- PA/PLASMIN/GELATINASE CASCADE IN DIABETIC NEPHROPATHYWILLIAM BARICOS; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- 92K-GL (MMP 9) AND THE INVASIVE PHENOTYPEMARTIN BODDEN; Fiscal Year: 1999..72K-UL (HT- 1080-R) or 92K-GL (HT-1080-B) and serve as a valuable opportunity to compare the effects of these 2 gelatinases by in vitro activity assays and cell-mediated ECM and BM degradation experiments...
- Targeting MT-MMPs in Cancer ProgressionRAFAEL A FRIDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the previous funding period we focused on the gelatinases, MMP-2 and MMP-9 and we reported the successful development and characterization of the first mechanism-based ..
- MAST CELL MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASES IN LUNG INJURYKenneth Fang; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- TYPE V COLLAGENASE IN RHEUMATOID ARTHRITISTayebeh Pourmotabbed; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will further our understanding on the action of this enzyme and may lead to new therapeutic approaches which would focus on protection of articular tissues from degradation in rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- METALLOPROTEINASES IN AGING AND OSTEOARTHRITISVirginia Kraus; Fiscal Year: 2002..on mechanisms of collagen matrix degradation through an analysis of the interaction of the collagenases and the gelatinases, MMP-1 and MMP-9, and the cartilage-expressed MT1-MMP, activator of MMP-2 and MMP-13...
- Role of metalloproteinases in deep vein thrombosisKhanh Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2009..MMPs have been identified, three in particular seem to play critical roles in vascular remodeling: two gelatinases, MMP-2 and MMP-9, and a gelatinase activator, MMP-14 (membrane- type MMP 1, MT-1-MMP)...
- DOXYCYCLINE EFFECT ON OSTEOARTHRITIS PROGRESSIONKenneth Brandt; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study should answer the question whether oral treatment with doxy - a relatively safe, readily available and inexpensive drug with which decades of clinical experience have accrued - can modify the natural history of OA in humans. ..
- EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX DEGRADATION IN SKINGeorge Stricklin; Fiscal Year: 1993..These studies will help to identify the sites of production of metalloproteinases and TIMP in human skin and provide insights into the normal and abnormal physiology of connective tissue remodeling...
- DEFORMATION-DEPENDENT ENZYME CLEAVAGE OF COLLAGENPeter Torzilli; Fiscal Year: 2005..packing of the collagen molecules into fibrils, effectively restricts the accessibility of the collagenases and gelatinases to the cleavage site within the collagen molecule...
- REGULATION OF CELL MIGRATION IN VASCULAR REMODELINGEric Howard; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding this mechanism will be important in defining the biochemical events that occur during vascular remodeling in both normal and disease processes. ..
- The Role of Gelatinase A in Interstitial FibrosisSunfa Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2005..Since the TGF- beta1 transgenic mouse develops fibrosis, this crossing will evaluate gelatinase A as distal effector for TGF- beta1- induced fibrosis. ..
- PROTEASES, AGING, AND NEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASESPAUL GOTTSCHALL; Fiscal Year: 1999..Results from these experiments may define a possible functional relationship between the secretion of MMPs and the well-known neurotoxic and/or neurotrophic action of Abeta. ..
- METALLOPROTEINASES AND OVARIAN FUNCTIONThomas Curry; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- INHIBITION OF EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASESMartin Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 1993..Our data indicate that, although highly homologous, the five MMP have sufficiently different peptide substrate specificities to permit construction of potent inhibitors which are highly specific for each of the five enzymes...
- REGULATION OF COLLAGENASE 3 GENE EXPRESSION BY CYTOKINESMahboob Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2002..This proposal will provide insight into the mechanisms involved in the expression of collagenase-3 by cytokines and thereby may provide targets for developing novel therapeutic measures to inhibit cartilage destruction in joint disease. ..
- Comparative Evaluation of Urinary Biological Markers for the Prognostic StratificBertrand Jaber; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF ENTEROCOCCIBarbara Murray; Fiscal Year: 2000..They hope that results from this work will provide solid leads in their quest for methods to prevent, control, or combat E. faecalis infections. ..
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF RECEPTORS IN MUCUOSAL IMMUNITYRoland Strong; Fiscal Year: 2000..The resources currently available are insufficient to produce enough protein to fully characterize the crystallization conditions or support a subsequent crystallographic analysis. ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases and Regenerative Plasticity Following Brain InjuryLinda Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two gelatinases (MMPs 2,9), stromelysin-1 (MMP 3) and the MMP activator plasmin all showed shifts in expression and function ..
- ROLE OF METALLOPROTEINASES IN OVARIAN FUNCTIONThomas Curry; Fiscal Year: 1993..Furthermore, the information from the proposed research may be of significance beyond reproductive physiology since metalloproteinases have been implicated in a number of pathological processes such as arthritis and tumor growth...
- Cadherin-mediated regulation of MMPs in Oral CancerHIDAYATULLAH MUNSHI; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Maintenance of Ocular Surface IntegrityM Elizabeth Fini; Fiscal Year: 2006..They will be further useful in solving problems associated with bioengineering of artificial corneas. ..
- Melanoma Proteoglycan and Matrix MetalloproteinasesJames McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding chondroitin sulfate interactions with MMPs may lead to new therapies to inhibit melanoma invasion and metastasis. ..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases-Subcapsular Cataract FormationJUDITH WEST MAYS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, the TGF-beta model in rats will be adapted to the mouse lens in order to use MMP knockout mice for determining the individual role(s) of candidate MMPs in subcapsular cataract formation. ..
- NGAL: A novel early biomarker of acute renal injuryPrasad Devarajan; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term goal is to identify novel biomarkers for the early diagnosis of human ARF, to facilitate the early institution of therapy ..
- MMP-9-Dependent Vessel Wall Remodeling is NO-DependentGilbert Upchurch; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Matrix Metalloproteinases-Subcapsular Cataract FormationJUDITH WEST MAYS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, the TGF-b model in rats will be adapted to the mouse lens in order to use MMP knockout mice for determining the individual role(s) of candidate MMPs in subcapsular cataract formation. ..
- INTERACTIONS OF GELATINASES WITH SERUM/MEMBRANE PROTEINJosiah Ochieng; Fiscal Year: 1999..b>Gelatinases A and B are directly involved in metastasis...
- PROTEOLIPIDS IN MATRIX VESICLE MEDIATED CALCIFICATIONSIMON VAN DIJK; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- METALLOPROTEINASES IN HUMAN OVARIAN PHYSIOLOGYThomas Curry; Fiscal Year: 2002....