Genomes and Genes
Summary: A proteolytic enzyme obtained from Carica papaya. It is also the name used for a purified mixture of papain and CHYMOPAPAIN that is used as a topical enzymatic debriding agent. EC 22.214.171.124.
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- Carboxy terminal extended phytocystatins are bifunctional inhibitors of papain and legumain cysteine proteinasesManuel Martinez
Laboratorio de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Departamento de Biotecnologia, Centro de Biotecnología y Genómica de Plantas, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, ETS Ingenieros Agronomos, Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 581:2914-8. 2007..Phytocystatins (PhyCys) have been described as plant inhibitors of papain-like cysteine proteinases...
- The papain-like protease of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus has deubiquitinating activityNaina Barretto
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, 2160 South First Avenue, Bldg. 105, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Virol 79:15189-98. 2005..syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) is mediated by replicase polyproteins that are processed by two viral proteases, papain-like protease (PLpro) and 3C-like protease (3CLpro)...
- PLP2, a potent deubiquitinase from murine hepatitis virus, strongly inhibits cellular type I interferon productionDahai Zheng
Center for Infection and Immunity, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 15 Da Tun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, China
Cell Res 18:1105-13. 2008..Here, we provide evidence that Papain-like protease domain 2 (PLP2), a catalytic domain of the nonstructural protein 3 (nsp3) of MHV-A59, can bind to ..
- Inhibition mechanism of cathepsin L-specific inhibitors based on the crystal structure of papain-CLIK148 complexH Tsuge
Institute for Health Sciences, Tokushima Bunri University, Yamashiro cho, Tokushima, 770 8514, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 266:411-6. 1999b>Papain was used as an experimental model structure to understand the inhibition mechanism of newly developed specific inhibitors of cathepsin L, the papain superfamily...
- Thyroglobulin type-1 domains in equistatin inhibit both papain-like cysteine proteinases and cathepsin DB Lenarcic
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, J Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Biol Chem 274:563-6. 1999Equistatin from sea anemone is a protein composed of three thyroglobulin-type 1 domains known to inhibit papain-like cysteine proteinases, papain, and cathepsins B and L...
- Weeds, worms, and more. Papain's long-lost cousin, phytochelatin synthasePhilip A Rea
Plant Science Institute, Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Plant Physiol 136:2463-74. 2004
- Crystal structure of the parasite inhibitor chagasin in complex with papain allows identification of structural requirements for broad reactivity and specificity determinants for target proteasesIzabela Redzynia
Institute of Technical Biochemistry, Faculty of Biotechnology and Food Sciences, Technical University of Lodz, Poland
FEBS J 276:793-806. 2009A complex of chagasin, a protein inhibitor from Trypanosoma cruzi, and papain, a classic family C1 cysteine protease, has been crystallized. Kinetic studies revealed that inactivation of papain by chagasin is very fast (k(on) = 1...
- A bacterial type III effector family uses the papain-like hydrolytic activity to arrest the host cell cycleQing Yao
National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing 102206, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:3716-21. 2009..Structure of one of the family members, Cif homolog in Burkholderia pseudomallei (CHBP), reveals a papain-like fold and a conserved Cys-His-Gln catalytic triad despite the lack of primary sequence identity...
- Microtensile bond strength of etch-and-rinse and self-etch adhesive systems to demineralized dentin after the use of a papain-based chemomechanical methodRenato José Gianini
Faculty of Dentistry and Dental Research Center São Leopoldo Mandic, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Dent 23:23-8. 2010To evaluate the in vitro microtensile bond strength (microTBS) of etch-and-rinse and self-etch adhesive systems to demineralized dentin after the use of a papain-based chemomechanical method.
- Physicochemical characterization of papain entrapped in ionotropically cross-linked kappa-carrageenan gel beads for stability improvement using Doehlert shell designMayur G Sankalia
Pharmacy Department, Centre of Relevance and Excellence in Novel Drug Delivery Systems, G H Patel building, Donor s Plaza, The M S University of Baroda, Vadodara 390 002, India
J Pharm Sci 95:1994-2013. 2006This work examines the influence of various process parameters on papain entrapped in cross-linked kappa-carrageenan beads for improvement of its stability...
- Beta-lactone probes identify a papain-like peptide ligase in Arabidopsis thalianaZheming Wang
Plant Chemetics Lab, Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Carl von Linne Weg 10, 50829 Cologne, Germany
Nat Chem Biol 4:557-63. 2008..and reverse genetics led to the discovery that this unusual modification is mediated by a single plant-specific, papain-like protease called RD21...
- Removal of mercury from its aqueous solution using charcoal-immobilized papain (CIP)Susmita Dutta
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, Durgapur 713209, India
J Hazard Mater 172:888-96. 2009In the present work mercury has been eradicated from its aqueous solution using papain, immobilized on activated charcoal by physical adsorption method...
- Chemo-mechanical removal of caries in an adolescent patient using a papain gel: case reportS K Bussadori
Nove de Julho University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Pediatr Dent 32:177-80. 2008..Papacarie is a papain gel composed basically of papain, chloramines, and toluidine blue...
- Purification and characterization of a trypsin-papain inhibitor from Pithecelobium dumosum seeds and its in vitro effects towards digestive enzymes from insect pestsAdeliana S Oliveira
Departamento Bioquimica, Laboratório de Química e Função de Proteínas, Centro de Biociencias, Campus UFRN, Av Salgado Filho s n, 59072 970 Natal, RN, Brazil
Plant Physiol Biochem 45:858-65. 2007A novel trypsin-papain inhibitor, named PdKI-2, was purified from the seeds of Pithecelobium dumosum seeds by TCA precipitation, Trypsin-Sepharose chromatography and reversed-phase HPLC. PdKI-2 had an M(r) of 18...
- Differences in the chemical and catalytic characteristics of two crystallographically 'identical' enzyme catalytic sites. Characterization of actinidin and papain by a combination of pH-dependent substrate catalysis kinetics and reactivity probe studies tE Salih
Department of Biochemistry, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, University of London, U K
Biochem J 247:181-93. 1987The characteristics of actinidin (EC 126.96.36.199) and papain (EC 3.4.22...
- Structure of the foot-and-mouth disease virus leader protease: a papain-like fold adapted for self-processing and eIF4G recognitionA Guarné
Centre d Investigació i Desenvolupament CSIC, Jordi Girona Salgado 18 26, E 08034 Barcelona, Spain
EMBO J 17:7469-79. 1998..protease presented here comprises a globular catalytic domain reminiscent of that of cysteine proteases of the papain superfamily, and a flexible C-terminal extension found intruding into the substrate-binding site of an adjacent ..
- Homology of amino acid sequences of rat liver cathepsins B and H with that of papainK Takio
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 80:3666-70. 1983..thiol endopeptidases, cathepsins B and H, are presented and compared with that of the plant thiol protease papain. The 252-residue sequence of cathepsin B and the 220-residue sequence of cathepsin H were determined largely by ..
- Structural basis for the specificity and catalysis of human Atg4B responsible for mammalian autophagyKenji Sugawara
Department of Structural Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, N 12, W 6, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:40058-65. 2005..Despite no obvious sequence homology with known proteases, the structure of HsAtg4B shows a classical papain-like fold. In addition to the papain fold region, HsAtg4B has a small alpha/beta-fold domain...
- High-resolution complex of papain with remnants of a cysteine protease inhibitor derived from Trypanosoma bruceiMagnus S Alphey
Division of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Microbiology, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland
Acta Crystallograph Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 62:504-8. 2006Attempts to cocrystallize the cysteine protease papain derived from the latex of Carica papaya with an inhibitor of cysteine proteases (ICP) from Trypanosoma brucei were unsuccessful...
- Morphogenesis of rat experimental pulmonary emphysema induced by intratracheally administered papain: changes in elastic fibresL M Pastor
Department of Cell Biology, Medical School, Aging Institute, University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain
Histol Histopathol 21:1309-19. 2006..this paper, the morphogenesis of emphysema and alterations of the elastic fibres produced by the instillation of papain are described by light and electron microscopy...
- Impacts of papain and neuraminidase enzyme treatment on electrohydrodynamics and IgG-mediated agglutination of type A red blood cellsAtsushi Hyono
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba 278 8510, Japan
Langmuir 25:10873-85. 2009..These properties significantly depend on the concentration of proteolytic papain enzyme and protease-free neuraminidase enzyme that the cells are exposed to...
- The papain-like protease from the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus is a deubiquitinating enzymeHolger A Lindner
Biotechnology Research Institute, National Research Council of Canada, 6100 Royalmount Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4P 2R2
J Virol 79:15199-208. 2005The severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus papain-like protease (SARS-CoV PLpro) is involved in the processing of the viral polyprotein and, thereby, contributes to the biogenesis of the virus replication complex...
- Design, synthesis, and evaluation of in vivo potency and selectivity of epoxysuccinyl-based inhibitors of papain-family cysteine proteasesAmir Masoud Sadaghiani
Department of Pathology, Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Chem Biol 14:499-511. 2007The papain-family cathepsins are cysteine proteases that are emerging as promising therapeutic targets for a number of human disease conditions ranging from osteoporosis to cancer...
- A zinc finger-containing papain-like protease couples subgenomic mRNA synthesis to genome translation in a positive-stranded RNA virusM A Tijms
Department of Virology, Center of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, P.O. Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:1889-94. 2001..Nsp1 is composed of two papain-like protease domains and a predicted N-terminal zinc finger, which was implicated in transcription by site-..
- Inhibition of papain-like cysteine proteases and legumain by caspase-specific inhibitors: when reaction mechanism is more important than specificityJ Rozman-Pungercar
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Cell Death Differ 10:881-8. 2003..The in vitro studies included cathepsins B, H, L, S, K, F, V, X and C, papain and legumain...
- Proteolytic processing and deubiquitinating activity of papain-like proteases of human coronavirus NL63Zhongbin Chen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Loyola University Medical Center, 2160 South First Avenue, Bldg 105, Rm 3929, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Virol 81:6007-18. 2007..Here, we identify HCoV-NL63 replicase gene products and characterize two viral papain-like proteases (PLPs), PLP1 and PLP2, which process the viral replicase polyprotein...
- The H1 double-stranded RNA genome of Ustilago maydis virus-H1 encodes a polyprotein that contains structural motifs for capsid polypeptide, papain-like protease, and RNA-dependent RNA polymeraseJ Kang
Kumho Life and Environmental Science Laboratory, 1 Oryong-dong, Buk-gu, 500-480, Kwangju, South Korea
Virus Res 76:183-9. 2001..frame that encodes a polyprotein of 1820 residues, which is predicted to be autocatalytically processed by a viral papain-like protease to generate viral proteins...
- Mesenchymal stem cell transplantation increases expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in papain-induced emphysematous lungs and inhibits apoptosis of lung cellsGuohua Zhen
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Cytotherapy 12:605-14. 2010..We have found that bone marrow (BM) mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) transplantation ameliorates papain-induced pulmonary emphysema. However, the underlying mechanism is not completely understood...
- Deubiquitinating activity of the SARS-CoV papain-like proteaseNaina Barretto
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 581:37-41. 2006
- Characterization of chito-oligosaccharides prepared by chitosanolysis with the aid of papain and Pronase, and their bactericidal action against Bacillus cereus and Escherichia coliAcharya B Vishu Kumar
Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition, Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI, Mysore 570020, India
Biochem J 391:167-75. 2005b>Papain (from papaya latex; EC 188.8.131.52) and Pronase (from Streptomyces griseus; EC 184.108.40.206) caused optimum depolymerization of chitosan at pH 3...
- The thiol proteinases from the latex of Carica papaya L. I. Fractionation, purification and preliminary characterizationT Dubois
Laboratoire de Chimie Générale I, université de Bruxelles
Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 369:733-40. 1988Three thiol proteinases, namely papain, chymopapain and proteinase omega were purified to homogeneity from the latex of Carica papaya L...
- Nontraditional wound care: A review of the evidence for the use of sugar, papaya/papain, and fatty acidsBarbara Pieper
College of Nursing, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 30:175-83. 2003..The purpose of this article is to review the evidence about 3 commonly used wound products, namely, sugar, papaya/papain, and essential fatty acids...
- Production and activation of recombinant papain-like cysteine proteasesDieter Bromme
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Human Genetics, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Methods 32:199-206. 2004b>Papain-like cysteine proteases are the most numerous family of the cysteine protease class. They are expressed throughout the animal and plant kingdoms as well as in viruses and bacteria...
- Selective disruption of lysosomes in HeLa cells triggers apoptosis mediated by cleavage of Bid by multiple papain-like lysosomal cathepsinsTina Cirman
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jozef Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Biol Chem 279:3578-87. 2004..to the cytosol, could be prevented by 15 microM L-trans-epoxysuccinyl(OEt)-Leu-3-methylbutylamide, an inhibitor of papain-like cysteine proteases...
- The novel serpin endopin 2 demonstrates cross-class inhibition of papain and elastase: localization of endopin 2 to regulated secretory vesicles of neuroendocrine chromaffin cellsShin Rong Hwang
Buck Institute for Age Research, Novato, California 94945, USA
Biochemistry 41:10397-405. 2002..serpin that displays cross-class inhibition of cysteine and serine proteases, indicated by effective inhibition of papain and elastase, respectively...
- Enzymic, phylogenetic, and structural characterization of the unusual papain-like protease domain of Plasmodium falciparum SERA5Anthony N Hodder
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
J Biol Chem 278:48169-77. 2003..All SERA proteins possess a central domain that has homology to papain except in the case of SERA5 (and some other SERAs), where the active site cysteine has been replaced with a serine...
- Human and parasitic papain-like cysteine proteases: their role in physiology and pathology and recent developments in inhibitor designFabien Lecaille
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Human Genetics, Fifth Avenue at 100th Street, New York, New York 10029, USA
Chem Rev 102:4459-88. 2002
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus papain-like protease: structure of a viral deubiquitinating enzymeKiira Ratia
Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5717-22. 2006..of the replicase polyprotein by two viral cysteine proteases, a chymotrypsin-like protease (3CLpro) and a papain-like protease (PLpro)...
- Domain organization and movements in heavy metal ion pumps: papain digestion of CopA, a Cu+-transporting ATPaseYuta Hatori
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:25213-21. 2007..from Thermotoga maritima was cloned, overexpressed, and purified, and then subjected to limited proteolysis using papain. Stable analogs of intermediate states were generated using AMPPCP as a nonhydrolyzable ATP analog and AlFx as a ..
- Inhibitory activity of a heterochromatin-associated serpin (MENT) against papain-like cysteine proteinases affects chromatin structure and blocks cell proliferationJames A Irving
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Clayton Campus, Monash University, P. O. Box 13D, Victoria 3800, Australia
J Biol Chem 277:13192-201. 2002..We show that MENT is an effective inhibitor of the papain-like cysteine proteinases cathepsins L and V...
- Antithrombotic papain-hydrolyzed peptides isolated from pork meatMuneshige Shimizu
Research and Development Center, Nippon Meat Packers, Inc, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Thromb Res 123:753-7. 2009..Platelets play important role in these arterial diseases. Suppression of platelet activity by materials may decrease incidence of the disease. The present study aimed to examine the peptides from pork meat with antithrombotic activity...
- The role of Gly-4 of human cystatin A (stefin A) in the binding of target proteinases. Characterization by kinetic and equilibrium methods of the interactions of cystatin A Gly-4 mutants with papain, cathepsin B, and cathepsin LS Estrada
Department of Veterinary Medical Chemistry, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala Biomedical Center
Biochemistry 37:7551-60. 1998..by Ala, resulted in approximately 1000-, approximately 10- and approximately 6000-fold decreased affinities for papain, cathepsin L, and cathepsin B, respectively...
- The Arabidopsis xylem peptidase XCP1 is a tracheary element vacuolar protein that may be a papain orthologVanessa Funk
Department of Horticulture, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, USA
Plant Physiol 128:84-94. 2002XCP1 is a xylem-specific papain-like cysteine peptidase in Arabidopsis...
- Mutagenic definition of a papain-like catalytic triad, sufficiency of the N-terminal domain for single-site core catalytic enzyme acylation, and C-terminal domain for augmentative metal activation of a eukaryotic phytochelatin synthaseNataliya D Romanyuk
Plant Science Institute, Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Plant Physiol 141:858-69. 2006..been determined that the N-terminal half of AtPCS1 and its equivalents from other sources have the hallmarks of a papain-like, Clan CA Cys protease...
- A mechanism for the initiation of allergen-induced T helper type 2 responsesCaroline L Sokol
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connceticut 06510, USA
Nat Immunol 9:310-8. 2008..Finally, we show that basophils were directly activated by protease allergens and produced TH2-inducing cytokines, including interleukin 4 and thymic stromal lymphopoietin, which are involved in TH2 differentiation in vivo...
- The nsp1alpha and nsp1 papain-like autoproteinases are essential for porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus RNA synthesisMichiel V Kroese
Wageningen UR, Animal Sciences Group, Division of Infectious Diseases, PO Box 65, 8200 AB Lelystad, The Netherlands
J Gen Virol 89:494-9. 2008..of the replicase polyproteins of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) each contain a papain-like autoproteinase domain, which have been named PCPalpha and PCPbeta, respectively...
- A Phytophthora infestans cystatin-like protein targets a novel tomato papain-like apoplastic proteaseMiaoying Tian
Department of Plant Pathology, The Ohio State University, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, Wooster, Ohio 44691, USA
Plant Physiol 143:364-77. 2007..Biochemical functional analyses revealed that EPIC2B interacts with and inhibits a novel papain-like extracellular cysteine protease, termed Phytophthora Inhibited Protease 1 (PIP1)...
- Papain-like cysteine proteases: key players at molecular battlefields employed by both plants and their invadersTakayuki Shindo
Plant Chemetics Laboratory, Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Carl von Linne Weg 10, 50829 Cologne, Germany
Mol Plant Pathol 9:119-25. 2008b>Papain-like cysteine proteases (PLCPs) play crucial roles in plant-pathogen/pest interactions...
- The contribution of N-terminal region residues of cystatin A (stefin A) to the affinity and kinetics of inhibition of papain, cathepsin B, and cathepsin LS Estrada
Department of Veterinary Medical Chemistry, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala Biomedical Center
Biochemistry 38:7339-45. 1999..However, deletion also of Ile-2 resulted in reduced affinities of 900-, >/=3-, and 200-fold for papain and cathepsins L and B, respectively...
- Optimization of adsorption conditions of papain on dye affinity membrane using response surface methodologySai Nan Su
College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Donghua University, No 2999 North Renmin Road, Shanghai 201620, China
Bioresour Technol 100:2336-40. 2009The adsorption of papain on Reactive Blue 4 dye-ligand affinity membrane was investigated in a batch system...
- Molecular cloning of a protein associated with soybean seed oil bodies that is similar to thiol proteases of the papain familyA Kalinski
Plant Molecular Biology Laboratory, United States Department of Agriculture, Beltsville, Maryland 20705
J Biol Chem 265:13843-8. 1990..sequences in the GenBank Data Bank with the sequence of P34 has shown considerable sequence similarity to the thiol proteases of the papain family. Southern blot analysis of genomic DNA indicated that the P34 gene has a low copy number.
- Electrostatic properties in the catalytic site of papain: A possible regulatory mechanism for the reactivity of the ion pairLaurent E Dardenne
, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro-UFRJ, CCS, Bloco G, , 21949-900 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Proteins 52:236-53. 2003We present an analysis of the electrostatic properties in the catalytic site of papain (EC 3.4.22...
- Hypovirus papain-like protease p29 functions in trans to enhance viral double-stranded RNA accumulation and vertical transmissionNobuhiro Suzuki
Agrivirology Laboratory, Research Institute for Bioresources, Okayama University, Kurashiki, Okayama 710-0046, Japan
J Virol 77:11697-707. 2003..The papain-like protease, p29, and the highly basic protein, p40, derived, respectively, from the N-terminal and C-terminal ..
- Sulfonation of papain-treated chitosan and its mechanism for anticoagulant activityJiraporn Suwan
Thailand Excellence Center for Tissue Engineering, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Carbohydr Res 344:1190-6. 2009..chitosan polysulfate (MW 5120-26,200 Da) was prepared using the depolymerization of chitosan with papain (EC. 220.127.116.11)...
- Identification of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus replicase products and characterization of papain-like protease activityBrian H Harcourt
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Virol 78:13600-12. 2004..that are predicted to be processed into 16 nonstructural proteins (nsps 1 to 16) by two viral proteases, a papain-like protease (PLpro) and a 3C-like protease (3CLpro)...
- The crystal structure of Pseudomonas avirulence protein AvrPphB: a papain-like fold with a distinct substrate-binding siteMinfeng Zhu
Department of Biological Chemistry, Medical School and Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:302-7. 2004..The core of this structure resembles the papain-like cysteine proteases...
- Replication of murine hepatitis virus is regulated by papain-like proteinase 1 processing of nonstructural proteins 1, 2, and 3Rachel L Graham
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, D6217 MCN, 1161 21st Ave. S, Nashville, TN 37232-2581, USA
J Virol 80:11610-20. 2006..In murine hepatitis virus (MHV), nsps 1, 2, and 3 are processed by two papain-like proteinase activities within nsp3 (PLP1 and PLP2) to yield nsp1, an nsp2-3 intermediate, and mature nsp2 and ..
- The refined 2.4 A X-ray crystal structure of recombinant human stefin B in complex with the cysteine proteinase papain: a novel type of proteinase inhibitor interactionM T Stubbs
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried bei Munchen, FRG
EMBO J 9:1939-47. 1990A stoichiometric complex of human stefin B and carboxymethylated papain has been crystallized in a trigonal crystal form. Data to 2.37 A resolution were collected using the area detector diffractometer FAST...
- Critical role of amino acid 23 in mediating activity and specificity of vinckepain-2, a papain-family cysteine protease of rodent malaria parasitesAjay Singh
Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Biochem J 368:273-81. 2002..vinckei (vinckepain-2) and P. berghei (berghepain-2) were characterized. These genes encoded fairly typical papain-family proteases, but they contained an unusual substitution of Gly23 with Ala (papain numbering system)...
- Purification of Fab fragments from a monoclonal antibody papain digest by Gradiflow electrophoresisLynette Coleman
Bioengineering Centre, School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Protein Expr Purif 32:246-51. 2003Fab fragments isolated from papain digests of monoclonal antibodies have a wide variety of uses in analytical and in both in vivo and in vitro diagnostic applications...
- Structural and biochemical features distinguish the foot-and-mouth disease virus leader proteinase from other papain-like enzymesA Guarné
Institut de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Mol Biol 302:1227-40. 2000..Assay of Lpro activity on a fluorescent hexapeptide substrate showed that Lpro, in contrast to papain, was highly sensitive to increases in the cation concentration and was active only across a narrow pH range...
- Antioxidant activity of peptides obtained from porcine myofibrillar proteins by protease treatmentAi Saiga
Graduate School of Biosphere Science, Hiroshima University, Higashi-Hiroshima, 739-8528, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 51:3661-7. 2003Hydrolysates obtained from porcine myofibrillar proteins by protease treatment (papain or actinase E) exhibited high antioxidant activity in a linolenic acid peroxidation system induced by Fe(2+)...
- Identification of EhICP1, a chagasin-like cysteine protease inhibitor of Entamoeba histolyticaS Riekenberg
Department of Biology/Chemistry, University of Osnabrueck, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany
FEBS Lett 579:1573-8. 2005..Recombinant EhICP1 inhibited the protease activity of papain and that of a trophozoite lysate with Ki's in the picomolar range...
- Purification and structural characterization of bovine cathelicidins, precursors of antimicrobial peptidesP Storici
Dipartimento di Biochimica, Biofisica e Chimica delle Macromolecole, Universita di Trieste, Italy
Eur J Biochem 238:769-76. 1996..When assayed against cathepsin L, unlike the potent cystatin inhibitors, three of the four cathelicidins show only a poor inhibitory activity (Ki = 0.6-3 microM)...
- Cysteine proteinase inhibitors in elapid and hydrophiid snake venomsHiroshi Mashiko
Department of Hygienic Chemistry, Meiji Pharmaceutical University, Kiyose, 2 522 1, Noshio, Tokyo 204 8588, Japan
Toxicon 40:1275-81. 2002..All of these venoms tested also showed inhibition against papain as well as against cathepsin L...
- Heterogeneity of proteinase inhibitors in the water-soluble organic matrix from the oyster nacreLaurent Bédouet
Département des Milieux et Peuplements Aquatiques, Museum national d histoire naturelle, UMR 5178, CNRS MNHN Biologie des Organismes Marins et Ecosystèmes, ERT Valorisation de Molécules Bioactives d Origine Marine, Paris, F 75231, France
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 9:437-49. 2007..the proteinase inhibitors were divided into low and high molecular weight fractions that contained inhibitors of papain, bovine cathepsin B, and human cathepsin L...
- Inhibition of mammalian cathepsins by Plesiomonas shigelloidesA Pavlova
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institute, 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 51:393-400. 2006..shigelloides against host inflammatory and immune responses, we evaluated its interactions with mammalian papain-like cathepsins that are essential for host immunity. When grown under anaerobic, but not aerobic, conditions, P...
- [Characterization of cysteine proteinase endogenous inhibitors obtained from transformed fibroblasts]E A Dilakian
Institute of Biomedical Chemistry Russian Academy of Medical Sciences (RAMS, Pogodinskaya St. 10, Moscow, 119121 Russia
Vopr Med Khim 48:611-7. 2002..All the isolated CPI act as reversible competitive inhibitors of cathepsins B and L and of papain. The study of inhibition of cathepsins B and L, purified from the same cell cultures as the CPI, showed that the ..
- Inhibition of cysteine protease activity by NO-donorsP Ascenzi
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita Roma Tre, Viale G. Marconi 446, Italy
Curr Protein Pept Sci 2:137-53. 2001..Coxsackievirus and Rhinovirus cysteine proteases, cruzain, Leishmania infantum cysteine protease, falcipain, papain, as well as mammalian caspases, cathepsins and calpain, blocks the enzyme activity in vitro and in vivo...
- Solution structure of a human cystatin A variant, cystatin A2-98 M65L, by NMR spectroscopy. A possible role of the interactions between the N- and C-termini to maintain the inhibitory active form of cystatin AS Tate
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan
Biochemistry 34:14637-48. 1995..Comparison with the X-ray structure of cystatin B in the papain complex shows that the conformation of the first binding loop is quite similar to that of cystatin A, with an rms ..
- Inhibitory effects of cystatins on proteolytic activities of the Plum pox potyvirus cysteine proteinasesRui Wen
Pacific Agri-Food Research Centre, 4200 Highway 97, Summerland, BC, Canada V0H 1Z0
Virus Res 105:175-82. 2004..The following cystatins were purified as GST fusion proteins and shown to be active against papain:oryzacystatins I and II (OCI and OCII), corn cystatin II (CCII), human stefin A (HSA), the domain 8 of tomato ..
- The 2.0 A X-ray crystal structure of chicken egg white cystatin and its possible mode of interaction with cysteine proteinasesW Bode
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried, FRG
EMBO J 7:2593-9. 1988..Gly9I - Ala10I form a wedge-shaped 'edge' which is quite complementary to the 'active site cleft' of papain. Docking experiments suggest a unique model for the interaction of cystatin and papain: according to it both ..
- Purification and properties of cysteine proteinase inhibitors from rabbit skeletal muscleMasanori Matsuishi
Department of Food Science and Technology, Nippon Veterinary and Animal Science University, 7 1 Kyonan cho, 1 chome, Musashino shi, Tokyo 180 8602, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 136:309-16. 2003..7, acetone fractionation and gel permeation on Sephadex G-75 and affinity chromatography on carboxymethyl-papain-Sepharose...
- Full-length cDNA of human cathepsin F predicts the presence of a cystatin domain at the N-terminus of the cysteine protease zymogenD K Nägler
Biotechnology Research Institute, National Research Council of Canada, 6100 Avenue Royalmount, Montreal, Quebec, H4P 2R2, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 257:313-8. 1999A novel human cDNA encoding a cysteine protease of the papain family named cathepsin F is reported...
- Cathepsin V, a novel and potent elastolytic activity expressed in activated macrophagesYoshiyuki Yasuda
Department of Human Genetics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 5th Avenue, 100th Street, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 279:36761-70. 2004..Loss of elasticity has been attributed to the degradation of the arterial elastin matrix. Cathepsins K and S are papain-like cysteine proteases with known elastolytic activities, and both enzymes have been identified in macrophages ..
- Synthesis and hydrolysis by cysteine and serine proteases of short internally quenched fluorogenic peptidesR L Melo
Department of Biophysics, Escola Paulista de Medicina, , , , Brazil
Anal Biochem 293:71-7. 2001..Abz-F-R-X-EDDnp synthesized peptides (for X = Phe, Leu, Ile, Ala, Pro, Gln, Ser, Lys, and Arg) were assayed with papain, human cathepsin L and B, trypsin, human plasma, and tissue kallikrein...
- Cloning and expression of a novel hepatitis B virus-binding protein from HepG2 cellsS De Falco
TECNOGEN S.C.p.A, Parco Scientifico, 81015 Piana di Monte Verna (CE, Caserta 81015, Italy
J Biol Chem 276:36613-23. 2001..serine proteases such as alpha-chymotrypsin and trypsin but inhibited with high potency cysteine proteases such as papain and cathepsin L...
- The N-terminus moiety of the cystatin SmCys from Schistosoma mansoni regulates its inhibitory activity in vitro and in vivoFabiana Carvalho Morales
, ICB/CCS, Universidade Federal do io de Janeiro, , CEP 21941-590, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Mol Biochem Parasitol 134:65-73. 2004..were cloned in the pQE-30 vector, expressed in Escherichia coli and assayed for inhibitory activity against papain. Kinetic analysis showed that SmCys -10 and SmCys -20 had K(i) values of 0.7391 and 4...
- Molecular docking of cathepsin L inhibitors in the binding site of papainMary Pat Beavers
Penn Center for Molecular Discovery, Institute for Medicine and Engineering, and Department of Chemistry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Chem Inf Model 48:1464-72. 2008The papain/CLIK-148 coordinate system was employed as a model to study the interactions of a nonpeptide thiocarbazate inhibitor of cathepsin L ( 1)...
- Evidence for inactivation of cysteine proteases by reactive carbonyls via glycation of active site thiolsJingmin Zeng
The Heart Research Institute, 145 Missenden Road, Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
Biochem J 398:197-206. 2006..was therefore hypothesized that modification of lysosomal cysteine proteases (and the structurally related enzyme papain) by free and protein-bound carbonyls may modulate the activity of these components of the cellular proteolytic ..
- Interaction of papain-like cysteine proteases with dipeptide-derived nitrilesReik Löser
Pharmazeutisches Institut, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Kreuzbergweg 26, D 53115 Bonn, Germany
J Med Chem 48:7688-707. 2005..Kinetic investigations were carried out with cathepsin L, S, and K as well as papain. Changes in the backbone structure of the parent N-(tert-butoxycarbonyl)-phenylalanyl-glycine-nitrile (16), such ..
- AtCYS1, a cystatin from Arabidopsis thaliana, suppresses hypersensitive cell deathBeatrice Belenghi
Dipartimento Scientifico e Tecnologico, , Verona, Italy
Eur J Biochem 270:2593-604. 2003..AtCYS1 inhibits the catalytic activity of papain (Kd = 4.0 x 10-2 micro m, at pH 7.0 and 25 degrees C), generally taken as a molecular model of cysteine proteases...
- Interactions of human lacrimal and salivary cystatins with adenovirus endopeptidaseA Ruzindana-Umunyana
Departement de Microbiologie et d'Infectiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Sherbrooke, Quebec, J1H 5N4, Sherbrooke, Canada
Antiviral Res 51:203-14. 2001..By comparison, papain was inhibited to 50% at a molar ratio of 2 CS:1 papain and 1.5 CT:1 papain...
- Phage display selection of hairpin loop soyacystatin variants that mediate high affinity inhibition of a cysteine proteinaseH Koiwa
Center for Plant Environmental Stress Physiology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1165, USA
Plant J 27:383-91. 2001..in cystatin family proteinase inhibitors form an interface surface region that slots into the active site cleft of papain-like cysteine proteinases, and determine binding affinity...
- Evidence that serpin architecture intrinsically supports papain-like cysteine protease inhibition: engineering alpha(1)-antitrypsin to inhibit cathepsin proteasesJames A Irving
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University Clayton Campus, P.O. Box 13D, Victoria 3800, Australia
Biochemistry 41:4998-5004. 2002..cell carcinoma antigen-1 and -2 (SCCA-1 and -2, respectively) are capable of inhibiting cysteine proteases of the papain superfamily...
- Crystal structures of calpain-E64 and -leupeptin inhibitor complexes reveal mobile loops gating the active siteT Moldoveanu
Department of Biochemistry, Queen's University, Kingston, Ont. K7L 3N6, Canada
J Mol Biol 343:1313-26. 2004..These structures show that access to a slightly deeper, but otherwise papain-like active site is gated by two flexible loops...
- A constitutive cystatin-encoding gene from barley (Icy) responds differentially to abiotic stimuliK Gaddour
, , Madrid, Spain
Plant Mol Biol 45:599-608. 2001..This protein efficiently inhibited papain (Ki 2.0 x 10(-8) M) and ficin (Ki 2.2 x 10(-8) M) and, to a lesser extent, chymopapain (Ki 1...
- Cystatins may confer viral resistance in plants by inhibition of a virus-induced cell death phenomenon in which cysteine proteinases are active: cloning and molecular characterization of a cDNA encoding cysteine-proteinase inhibitor (celostatin) from CeloAshraf Gholizadeh
Division of Biochemistry, Indian Agricultural Research Institute IARI, New Delhi 110012, India
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 42:197-204. 2005..The purified recombinant product, termed 'celostatin' (Celosia cystatin), inhibited the enzymatic activity of papain indicating its cystatin activity and prevented TMV (tobacco mosaic virus)-induced hypersensitive-response cell ..
- Purification and characterization of extracellular cysteine protease inhibitor, ECPI-2, from Chlorella spMasanobu Ishihara
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture, University of the Ryukyus, 1 Senbaru, Okinawa 903 0213, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 101:166-71. 2006..ECPI-2 exhibited an inhibitory activity against the proteolytic activity of papain, ficin, or chymopapain, but not against stem bromelain or cathepsin B...
- Kinetics of parasite cysteine proteinase inactivation by NO-donorsAlessio Bocedi
Laboratorio di Parassitologia, Istituto Superiore di Sanit, Viale Regina Elena 299, I-00161 Rome, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 315:710-8. 2004..infantum cysteine proteinase from inactivation by SNAP. These results indicate that parasite cysteine proteinase inactivation by NO-donors occurs via NO-mediated S-nitrosylation of the Cys25 catalytic residue...
- Novel aza peptide inhibitors and active-site probes of papain-family cysteine proteasesSteven H L Verhelst
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Chembiochem 7:943-50. 2006..This allows them to be used as ABPs for papain family cysteine proteases...
- Structural basis of the unusual stability and substrate specificity of ervatamin C, a plant cysteine protease from Ervatamia coronariaPiyali Guha Thakurta
Crystallography and Molecular Biology Division, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, 1/AF Bidhannagar, Kolkata-700 064, India
Biochemistry 43:1532-40. 2004Ervatamin C is an unusually stable cysteine protease from the medicinal plant Ervatamia coronaria belonging to the papain family...
- Molecular cloning, sequencing, expression of Chinese sturgeon cystatin in yeast Pichia pastoris and its proteinase inhibitory activityJunjie Bai
Pearl River Fisheries Research Institute, CAFS Key Laboratory of Tropical and Subtropical Fish Breeding and Cultivation of CAFS, Guangzhou 510380, PR China
J Biotechnol 125:231-41. 2006..6% of the total supernatant secreted proteins. Our data also showed that the recombinant cystatin is active in inhibiting the protease activity of papain and cathepsin B. Heat stability of the recombinant cystatin was also measured.
- Overlapping binding sites for trypsin and papain on a Kunitz-type proteinase inhibitor from Prosopis julifloraOctavio L Franco
EMBRAPA Recursos Geneticos e Biotecnologia, Cenargen, Brasilia, Brazil
Proteins 49:335-41. 2002..Kunitz inhibitors with dual activities, this inhibitor is incapable of simultaneous inhibition of trypsin and papain. These data are most readily interpreted by proposing overlapping binding sites for the two enzymes...
- Identification of internal autoproteolytic cleavage sites within the prosegments of recombinant procathepsin B and procathepsin S. Contribution of a plausible unimolecular autoproteolytic event for the processing of zymogens belonging to the papain familyO Quraishi
Protein Engineering Network of Centres of Excellence and Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 276:8118-24. 2001The steps involved in the maturation of proenzymes belonging to the papain family of cysteine proteases have been difficult to characterize...
- Purification of a cysteine protease inhibitor from larval hemolymph of the tobacco hornworm (Manduca sexta) and functional expression of the recombinant proteinTakayuki Miyaji
Laboratory of Food Molecular Functionality, College of Agriculture, Ibaraki University, 3 21 1 Chuo, Ami Machi, Inashiki Gun, Ibaraki 300 0393, Japan
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 37:960-8. 2007..The purified cysteine proteinase inhibitor, denoted as MsCPI, strongly inhibited the plant cysteine protease, papain, with a K(i) value of 5.5 x 10(-9)M...
- The crystal structure of human cathepsin F and its implications for the development of novel immunomodulatorsJohn R Somoza
Department of Medicinal and Structural Chemistry, Celera, 180 Kimball Way, 94080, South San Francisco, CA, USA
J Mol Biol 322:559-68. 2002Cathepsin F is a lysosomal cysteine protease of the papain family, and likely plays a regulatory role in processing the invariant chain that is associated with the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class II...
- Affinity selection to papain yields potent peptide inhibitors of cathepsins L, B, H, and KTomaz Bratkovic
Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Biology, University of Ljubljana, Askerceva 7, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332:897-903. 2005..In the presented work, papain was chosen as a model cysteine protease and panning protocol was optimized for selection of papain-binding phage-..
- Design, synthesis, and evaluation of inhibitors of cathepsin L: Exploiting a unique thiocarbazate chemotypeMichael C Myers
Penn Center for Molecular Discovery, University of Pennsylvania, 1024 Vagelos Research Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6383, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:3646-51. 2008..Molecular docking studies using coordinates of a papain-inhibitor complex as a model for cathepsin L provided useful insights.
- Azapeptides structurally based upon inhibitory sites of cystatins as potent and selective inhibitors of cysteine proteasesEwa Wieczerzak
Faculty of Chemistry, , , Poland
J Med Chem 45:4202-11. 2002..The majority of synthesized azapeptides shows high inhibitory potency toward the investigated cysteine proteases, papain, cathepsin B, and cathepsin K...
- The novel bovine serpin endopin 2C demonstrates selective inhibition of the cysteine protease cathepsin L compared to the serine protease elastase, in cross-class inhibitionShin Rong Hwang
Department of Pharmacology, Medicine, and Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0324, USA
Biochemistry 44:7757-67. 2005..cloning revealed the unique serpin endopin 2C that demonstrates selective inhibition of cathepsin L compared to papain or elastase. Endopin 2C, thus, functions as a serpin with the property of cross-class inhibition...
- Mechanisms of viral proteases in coronavirus replication and pathogenesisAndrew D Mesecar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Previously, we identified the papain-like protease (PLpro) of SARS-CoV as a critical determinant of viral replication and pathogenesis...
- TRANSPORT MECHANISMS IN THE HUMAN SMALL INTESTINEKrishnamurthy Ramaswamy; Fiscal Year: 1993..Control, papain-and inhibitor (peptidase)-treated membrane vesicles will be employed for these studies...
- Role of Red Cell Membrane in Malaria Parasite ReleaseManjit Hanspal; Fiscal Year: 2006..series of peptides derived from Pi in which critical residues are varied based on substrate specificities of other papain family enzymes...
- ELECTRON MICROSCOPY OF HUMAN ALPHA-2 MACROGLOBULINJAMES STOOPS; Fiscal Year: 1993..in which proteinases are bound to alpha2M should result from determining the orientation of the active site of papain labelled with a gold cluster in the complex...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF CARBAMYL PHOSPHATE SYNTHETASECAROL LUSTY; Fiscal Year: 1993..intermediate during the hydrolysis of glutamine and the observed sequence homology of the alpha subunit to papain. This model will be experimentally tested through studies of site-directed mutations in residues conserved among ..
- Biochemical Characterization of Yersinia Effector YopJKim Orth; Fiscal Year: 2010..properties of four other Yersinia effectors: YopH, a tyrosine phosphatase;YopE, a GAP;YpkA, a serine kinase;YopT, papain-like protease...
- Biochemical Characterization of Yersinia Effector YopJKim Orth; Fiscal Year: 2009..of four other Yersinia effectors: YopH, a tyrosine phosphatase; YopE, a GAP; YpkA, a serine kinase; YopT, papain-like protease...
- CORONAVIRUSES--MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND PERSISTENCESusan Weiss; Fiscal Year: 1999..domains in ORF 1a (1) cDNA clones containing portions of ORF 1a will be used to analyze the two predicted papain-like proteinase domains, PLP-1 and PLP-2...
- NEW CLASS OF SERINE AND CYSTEINE PROTEASE INHIBITORSCHRISTOPHER SETO; Fiscal Year: 2002..this inhibitor design, a series of 4- heterocyclohexanone-based inhibitors of the prototypical cysteine protease papain have been synthesized...
- REGULATION OF ADENOVIRUS PROTEINASE BY A PEPTIDE AND DNAWALTER MANGEL; Fiscal Year: 2000..A putative active site contains a Cys-His-Glu triplet and oxyanion hole in an arrangement similar to that in papain. If that is the active site, this protein would represent a new class of cysteine proteinases and a new, fifth ..
- CELLULAR AND STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF MYELOMA MUTANTSBARBARA BIRSHTEIN; Fiscal Year: 1980..These same parameters have enabled us to subgroup the variants. Analytical techniques of papain digestion products such as immunoelectrophoresis, SDS-PAGE of CNBr fragments, and comparative peptide maps, in ..
- Role of Elastolytic Cathepsins in EmphysemaHarold Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2007Accumulating evidence indicates papain-family cysteine proteases are involved in the pathobiology of emphysema...
- Role of basophils in initiating Th2 immune responsesRuslan Medzhitov; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using a protease allergen papain as a model system, we have recently demonstrated that basophils play an essential role in allergen-induced Th2 ..
- Falcipain Cysteine Proteases of Malaria ParasitesPhilip Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2005..project, important advances have been made in our understanding of this class of enzymes, and in particular in the papain-family proteases known as falcipains...
- CARBONYLS IN ENZYME MECHANISM--RAMAN CHARACTERIZATIONPaul Carey; Fiscal Year: 1999..proteases the specific aims are: * For the mammalian proteases, cathepsins B and L (together with the plant enzyme papain) and the hepatitis viral protease HAV-3C, and their protein- engineered analogs, to use the carbonyl stretching ..
- BIOCHEMICAL STUDIES ON HISTOCOMPATIBILITY ANTIGENSSTANLEY NATHENSON; Fiscal Year: 1980..Sequence analysis of the five fragments comprising the antigenically active papain cleaved molecule has been carried out...
- Functions of Ub-like Proteins and ProteasesKEITH WILKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will determine the enzymatic specificity of the DUB activity exhibited by the SARS virus papain-like protease using the panel of UBL-X reagents...
- Functions of Ub-like Proteins and ProteasesKEITH WILKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will determine the enzymatic specificity of the DUB activity exhibited by the SARS virus papain-like protease using the panel of UBL-X reagents...