Genomes and Genes
Summary: Glycoside hydrolases that catalyze the hydrolysis of alpha or beta linked MANNOSE.
Publications154 found, 100 shown here
- Novel aspects of degradation of T cell receptor subunits from the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) in T cells: importance of oligosaccharide processing, ubiquitination, and proteasome-dependent removal from ER membranesM Yang
Laboratory of Immune Cell Biology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1152, USA
J Exp Med 187:835-46. 1998..However, no evidence of a role for mannosidases was found for TCR-alpha, and significant retrograde movement through the ER membrane took place even when ..
- Cloning, expression in Pichia pastoris, and characterization of a thermostable GH5 mannan endo-1,4-beta-mannosidase from Aspergillus niger BK01Bien Cuong Do
School of Biotechnology, Institute of Agricultural Technology, Suranaree University of Technology, 111 University Avenue, Nakhon Ratchasima 30000, Thailand
Microb Cell Fact 8:59. 2009..Mannan endo-1,4-beta-mannosidases (1,4-beta-D-mannanases) catalyze the random hydrolysis of beta-1,4-mannosidic linkages in the main chain of ..
- Stimulation of ERAD of misfolded null Hong Kong alpha1-antitrypsin by Golgi alpha1,2-mannosidasesNobuko Hosokawa
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8397, Saitama 332 0012, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:626-32. 2007..Although transfected NHK is primarily localized in the ER, some NHK also co-localizes with Golgi markers, suggesting that mannose trimming by Golgi alpha1,2-mannosidases can also contribute to NHK degradation.
- Comparison of kifunensine and 1-deoxymannojirimycin binding to class I and II alpha-mannosidases demonstrates different saccharide distortions in inverting and retaining catalytic mechanismsNiket Shah
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Biochemistry 42:13812-6. 2003b>Mannosidases are key enzymes in the eukaryotic N-glycosylation pathway. These enzymes fall into two broad classes (I and II) and are characteristically different in catalytic mechanism, sequence, and structure...
- A cellulose-binding module of the Trichoderma reesei beta-mannanase Man5A increases the mannan-hydrolysis of complex substratesPer Hägglund
Department of Biochemistry, Centre for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, PO Box 124, S 221 00 Lund, Sweden
J Biotechnol 101:37-48. 2003..Moreover, the binding of Man5A to cellulose was compared with that of an endoglucanase (Cel7B) from T. reesei...
- Cloning and expression in Pichia pastoris of a blue mussel (Mytilus edulis) beta-mannanase geneBingze Xu
Center for Surface Biotechnology, Uppsala Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eur J Biochem 269:1753-60. 2002..In conclusion, P. pastoris is regarded as a suitable host strain for the production of blue mussel beta-mannanase. This is the first time a mollusc beta-mannanase has been characterized at the DNA level...
- A highly thermostable endo-(1,4)-beta-mannanase from the marine bacterium Rhodothermus marinusO Politz
Department of Dermatology, Benjamin Franklin Medical Centre, The Free University of Berlin, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 53:715-21. 2000..In contrast, R. marinus-derived protein retained 87% activity after 1 h at 90 degrees C. The enzyme hydrolysed carob-galactomannan (locust bean gum) effectively and to a smaller extent guar gum, but not yeast mannan...
- Misfolded proteins are sorted by a sequential checkpoint mechanism of ER quality controlShilpa Vashist
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 408 South Frear Laboratory, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Cell Biol 165:41-52. 2004..Our data support a model whereby "properly folded" proteins are defined biologically as survivors that endure a series of distinct checkpoints...
- Cyclic amidine sugars as transition-state analogue inhibitors of glycosidases: potent competitive inhibitors of mannosidasesMarie Pierre Heck
CEA, CE Saclay, Service de Marquage Moleculaire et de Chimie Bioorganique, Bat 547, Departement de Biologie Joliot Curie, 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France
J Am Chem Soc 126:1971-9. 2004..9b bearing an exocyclic ethylamine moiety proved to be a selective competitive inhibitor of alpha- and beta-mannosidases (K(i) = 6 nM) making it the most potent inhibitor of these glycosidases reported to date...
- Mnl1p, an alpha -mannosidase-like protein in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is required for endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of glycoproteinsK Nakatsukasa
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8602, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:8635-8. 2001..Possible roles of Mnl1p in the degradation and in the ER-retention of misfolded glycoproteins are discussed...
- A novel ER alpha-mannosidase-like protein accelerates ER-associated degradationN Hosokawa
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8397, Japan
EMBO Rep 2:415-22. 2001..luminal region of ER degradation enhancing alpha-mannosidase-like protein (EDEM) is similar to class I alpha1,2-mannosidases involved in N-glycan processing, EDEM did not have enzymatic activity...
- endo-beta-1,4-Mannanases from blue mussel, Mytilus edulis: purification, characterization, and mode of actionBingze Xu
Center for Surface Biotechnology, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, Box 577, SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biotechnol 92:267-77. 2002..The enzymes readily degrade the galactomannans from locust bean gum and ivory nut mannan but show no cross-specificity for xylan and carboxymethyl cellulose. There is no binding ability observed towards cellulose and mannan...
- Htm1p, a mannosidase-like protein, is involved in glycoprotein degradation in yeastC A Jakob
Institute of Microbiology, ETH Zurich, Schmelzbergstrasse 7, CH 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO Rep 2:423-30. 2001..We propose that this mannosidase homolog is a lectin that recognizes Man8GlcNAc2 oligosaccharides that serve as signals in the degradation pathway...
- N-glycan structure of a short-lived variant of ribophorin I expressed in the MadIA214 glycosylation-defective cell line reveals the role of a mannosidase that is not ER mannosidase I in the process of glycoprotein degradationM Ermonval
URA CNRS 1960, , 25 rue du Docteur Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Glycobiology 11:565-76. 2001..Our results unambiguously demonstrate that an alpha1,2-mannosidase that is not ER mannosidase I is involved in ERAD of RI(332-)3HA in the glycosylation-defective cell line, MadIA214...
- Endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of glycoproteins bearing Man5GlcNAc2 and Man9GlcNAc2 species in the MI8-5 CHO cell lineFrancois Foulquier
Unite de Glycobiologie Structurale et Fonctionnelle, Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille, Villeneuve d Ascq, France
Eur J Biochem 271:398-404. 2004....
- Structure and function of Class I alpha 1,2-mannosidases involved in glycoprotein synthesis and endoplasmic reticulum quality controlA Herscovics
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, H3G 1Y6, Quebec, Canada
Biochimie 83:757-62. 2001Class I alpha 1,2-mannosidases (glycosylhydrolase family 47) are conserved through eukaryotic evolution. This protein family comprises three subgroups distinguished by their enzymatic properties...
- Processing of N-linked glycans during endoplasmic-reticulum-associated degradation of a short-lived variant of ribophorin IClaudia Kitzmuller
Max F Perutz Laboratories, University Departments at the Vienna Biocenter and Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Vienna, Austria
Biochem J 376:687-96. 2003..N-glycan species, in particular Glc(1)Man(7)GlcNAc(2), were also found on the protein, indicating that several mannosidases might be implicated in the initial trimming of the oligomannoside...
- Importance of carbohydrate positioning in the recognition of mutated CPY for ER-associated degradationZlatka Kostova
, , Pfaffenwaldring 55, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
J Cell Sci 118:1485-92. 2005..For cases in which both lectins are involved, Cne1p and Htm1p play competing roles in targeting the substrate for degradation: loss of Cne1p accelerates degradation, whereas loss of Htm1p stabilizes the substrate...
- Morphological analysis of protein transport from the ER to Golgi membranes in digitonin-permeabilized cells: role of the P58 containing compartmentH Plutner
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
J Cell Biol 119:1097-116. 1992....
- Heterologous expression and optimized production of an Aspergillus aculeatus endo-1,4-beta-mannanase in Yarrowia lipolyticaRobyn Roth
CSIR Biosciences, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Pretoria 0001, South Africa
Mol Biotechnol 43:112-20. 2009....
- Cloning, expression and characterization of endo-beta-1,4-mannanase from Aspergillus fumigatus in Aspergillus sojae and Pichia pastorisGökhan Duruksu
Dept of Biotechnology, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
Biotechnol Prog 25:271-6. 2009..5 and 5.2 for A. sojae and P. pastoris, respectively. The enzyme from P. pastoris was more stable retaining most of the activity up to 50 degrees C, whereas the enzyme from A. sojae rapidly lost activity above 40 degrees C...
- Optimization of the production of thermostable endo-beta-1,4 mannanases from a newly isolated Aspergillus niger gr and Aspergillus flavus grNaganagouda V Kote
Department of Biochemistry, Gulbarga University, Karnataka, India
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 152:213-23. 2009..These new strains offer an attractive alternative source of enzymes for the food and feed processing industries...
- Microbial mannanases: an overview of production and applicationsSamriti Dhawan
Department of Biotechnology, GGDSD College, Chandigarh, India
Crit Rev Biotechnol 27:197-216. 2007..The reference to plant and animal mannanases has been made to complete the overview. However, the major emphasis of the review is on the microbial mannanases...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of Arabidopsis thaliana Golgi alpha-mannosidase II, a key enzyme in the formation of complex N-glycans in plantsRichard Strasser
Institute of Applied Genetics and Cell Biology, Vienna, Austria
Plant J 45:789-803. 2006..A GFP fusion construct containing only the transmembrane domain was predominantly retained in the ER, a result that indicates the presence of a motif promoting ER export within the last 10 amino acids of the cytoplasmic tail of AtGMII...
- Plant N-glycan processing enzymes employ different targeting mechanisms for their spatial arrangement along the secretory pathwayClaude Saint Jore Dupas
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6037, IFRMP 23, GDR 2590, UFR des Sciences, Universite de Rouen, 76821 Mont Saint Aignan Cedex, France
Plant Cell 18:3182-200. 2006..We conclude that the localization of N-glycan processing enzymes corresponds to an assembly line in the early secretory pathway and depends on both TMD length and signals in the cytoplasmic tail...
- N-Glycosylation affects endoplasmic reticulum degradation of a mutated derivative of carboxypeptidase yscY in yeastM Knop
Institut fuer Biochemie, Universitaet Stuttgart, Germany
Yeast 12:1229-38. 1996..Our results suggest that the ER of yeast contains a glycosylation-dependent quality control system, as has been shown for higher eukaryotic cells...
- Structural insights into the beta-mannosidase from T. reesei obtained by synchrotron small-angle X-ray solution scattering enhanced by X-ray crystallographyRicardo Aparicio
, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Biochemistry 41:9370-5. 2002..The method could be applied as a general method in structural genomics and related fields once protein solution scattering data are available...
- Structural basis for catalysis and inhibition of N-glycan processing class I alpha 1,2-mannosidasesF Vallee
Program in Structural Biology and Biochemistry, Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:41287-98. 2000..The structures also provide insight into the specificity of this class of enzymes and provide a blueprint for the future design of novel inhibitors that prevent degradation of misfolded proteins in genetic diseases...
- Isolation, characterization, and expression of cDNAs encoding murine alpha-mannosidase II, a Golgi enzyme that controls conversion of high mannose to complex N-glycansK W Moremen
Center for Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
J Cell Biol 115:1521-34. 1991..Partial human alpha-mannosidase II cDNA clones were also isolated and the gene was localized to human chromosome 5...
- Enhancement of endoplasmic reticulum (ER) degradation of misfolded Null Hong Kong alpha1-antitrypsin by human ER mannosidase INobuko Hosokawa
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8397, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:26287-94. 2003....
- High-resolution native and complex structures of thermostable beta-mannanase from Thermomonospora fusca - substrate specificity in glycosyl hydrolase family 5M Hilge
Laboratorium für Biochemie ETH Zentrum Universitätstrasse 16 CH 8092 Zürich, Switzerland
Structure 6:1433-44. 1998..No three-dimensional structure of a mannan-degrading enzyme has been reported until now...
- Single, context-specific glycans can target misfolded glycoproteins for ER-associated degradationEric D Spear
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Cell Biol 169:73-82. 2005..The discovery of a similar signal in misfolded proteinase A supported the generality of the mechanism. These studies show that specific signals embedded in glycoproteins can direct their degradation if they fail to fold...
- The alpha-mannosidases: phylogeny and adaptive diversificationD S Gonzalez
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Georgia, USA
Mol Biol Evol 17:292-300. 2000..These data point to a possible role for positive Darwinian selection in the evolution of alpha-mannosidase functional diversification following gene duplication...
- Synthesis of an octamannosyled glycan chain, the key oligosaccharide structure in ER-associated degradationIchiro Matsuo
RIKEN, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, 2-1 Hirosawa, Wako-shi, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
Carbohydr Res 338:2163-8. 2003..The oligosaccharide assembly was performed in a convergent and stereoselective manner, using three oligosaccharide components, a core trisaccharide having a beta-mannoside bond, a liner mannotriose, and a branched mannotetraose...
- Expression and role of mannose receptor/terminal high-mannose type oligosaccharide on osteoclast precursors during osteoclast formationS Morishima
Cellular Physiological Chemistry, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1-5-45, Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8549, Japan
J Endocrinol 176:285-92. 2003..These results indicate that the binding of terminal high-mannose and mannose receptor is important for the process of cellular fusion in osteoclast formation...
- Production of complex human glycoproteins in yeastStephen R Hamilton
Thayer School of Engineering and the Department of Biological Sciences, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Science 301:1244-6. 2003..endogenous yeast glycosylation pathways, while properly localizing five active eukaryotic proteins, including mannosidases I and II, N-acetylglucosaminyl transferases I and II, and uridine 5'-diphosphate (UDP)-N-acetylglucosamine ..
- The role of glucosidase II and endomannosidase in glucose trimming of asparagine-linked oligosaccharidesJürgen Roth
Division of Cell and Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Biochimie 85:287-94. 2003..The mutually exclusive subcellular distribution of glucosidase II and endomannosidase are discussed in terms of their significance for quality control of protein folding and N-glycosylation...
- The structure of bovine lysosomal alpha-mannosidase suggests a novel mechanism for low-pH activationPirkko Heikinheimo
Institutt for Kjemi, Universitetet i Tromsø, N 9037, Tromsø, Norway
J Mol Biol 327:631-44. 2003..Furthermore, it provides a basis for understanding the human form of alpha-mannosidosis at the atomic level. The atomic coordinates and structure factors have been deposited in the Protein Data Bank (accession codes 1o7d and r1o7dsf)...
- Alkaloidal components in the poisonous plant, Ipomoea carnea (Convolvulaceae)Mitsue Haraguchi
Animal Health Center, , , Brazil
J Agric Food Chem 51:4995-5000. 2003..1, 0.75, and 0.84 microM, respectively, and alkaloid 5 was a moderate inhibitor of alpha- and beta-mannosidases. Although alkaloid 1 is known as a powerful inhibitor of lysosomal alpha-mannosidase (IC(50) = 0...
- N-linked oligosaccharide processing, but not association with calnexin/calreticulin is highly correlated with endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of antithrombin Glu313-deleted mutantFuminori Tokunaga
Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Science, Himeji Institute of Technology, Harima Science Garden City, Hyogo 678-1297, Japan
Arch Biochem Biophys 411:235-42. 2003....
- Synthesis of FimH receptor-active manno-oligosaccharides by reverse hydrolysis using alpha-mannosidases from Penicillium citrinum, Aspergillus phoenicis and almondV Maitin
School of Food Biosciences, The University of Reading, Whiteknights, PO Box 226, RG6 6AP, Reading, UK
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 63:666-71. 2004..4% purity. The synthesised oligosaccharides can potentially inhibit the adhesion of pathogens by acting as "decoys" of receptors of type-1 fimbriae carried by enterobacteria...
- Alterations in the post-translational modification and intracellular trafficking of clusterin in MCF-7 cells during apoptosisJ O'Sullivan
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame IN 46556, USA
Cell Death Differ 10:914-27. 2003..These data suggest that, at least in secretory epithelial cells, retrograde transport from the Golgi to the ER of a nonglycosylated, uncleaved isoform and the subsequent translocation of clusterin to the nucleus occur in dying cells...
- Insights into the mechanism of Drosophila melanogaster Golgi alpha-mannosidase II through the structural analysis of covalent reaction intermediatesShin Numao
Department of Chemistry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z1, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:48074-83. 2003..J., Szabo, L., Stoll, D., Withers, S. G., and Davies, G. J. (2002) Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 41, 2824-2827) suggests that these disparate enzymes have recruited common stereoelectronic features in evolving their catalytic mechanisms...
- Assembly of the silk fibroin elementary unit in endoplasmic reticulum and a role of L-chain for protection of alpha1,2-mannose residues in N-linked oligosaccharide chains of fibrohexamerin/P25Satoshi Inoue
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Eur J Biochem 271:356-66. 2004..results suggest that fhx/P25 in the elementary unit is largely protected from digestion with Golgi alpha1,2-mannosidases when L-chains are present in the unit...
- Synthesis, enzymatic activity, and X-ray crystallography of an unusual class of amino acidsWang Chen
Department of Chemistry, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5A 1S6
Bioorg Med Chem 14:8332-40. 2006..The same compound inhibits recombinant human maltase glucoamylase, one of the key intestinal enzymes involved in the breakdown of glucose oligosaccharides in the small intestine, with a K(i) value of 21microM...
- Endomannosidase processes oligosaccharides of alpha1-antitrypsin and its naturally occurring genetic variants in the Golgi apparatusT Torossi
Department of Pathology, Division of Cell and Molecular Pathology, University of Zurich, Schmelzbergstrasse 12, 8091, Zurich, Switzerland
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:1923-32. 2006..For exported misfolded glycoproteins, this would provide a pathway for the formation of mature oligosaccharides important for their proper trafficking and correct functioning...
- Endoplasmic reticulum (ER) mannosidase I is compartmentalized and required for N-glycan trimming to Man5-6GlcNAc2 in glycoprotein ER-associated degradationEdward Avezov
Department of Cell Research and Immunology, George Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Mol Biol Cell 19:216-25. 2008..When newly made glycoproteins cannot fold properly, transport through the ERQC leads to trimming of a critical number of mannose residues, triggering a signal for degradation...
- Role of N-glycan-dependent quality control in the cell-surface expression of the AT1 receptorPascal M Lanctot
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Que, Canada J1H 5N4
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:395-402. 2006....
- A combined STD-NMR/molecular modeling protocol for predicting the binding modes of the glycosidase inhibitors kifunensine and salacinol to Golgi alpha-mannosidase IIXin Wen
Department of Chemistry, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada V5A 1S6
Biochemistry 44:6729-37. 2005....
- A novel stress-induced EDEM variant regulating endoplasmic reticulum-associated glycoprotein degradationSilvia Olivari
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, CH 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 280:2424-8. 2005....
- The synthesis of a series of modified mannotrisaccharides as probes of the enzymes involved in the early stages of mammalian complex N-glycan formationChris A Tarling
Department of Chemistry, 2036 Main Mall, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z1
Carbohydr Res 339:2487-97. 2004..Secondly it should render trisaccharide 8 stable to hydrolysis by the mannosidases Man-II and Man-III by inductive destabilization of their oxocarbenium ion-like transition states...
- The roles of enzyme localisation and complex formation in glycan assembly within the Golgi apparatusChristopher L de Graffenried
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720-1460, USA
Curr Opin Cell Biol 16:356-63. 2004..Together, localisation and association govern the assembly of complex glycans and thereby regulate interactions at the cell surface...
- Transient calnexin interaction confers long-term stability on folded K+ channel protein in the ERRajesh Khanna
Department of Physiology and Molecular Biology Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1751, USA
J Cell Sci 117:2897-908. 2004..Our results indicate that transient interaction with calnexin provides long-term protection from ER-associated degradation...
- In vivo synthesis of mammalian-like, hybrid-type N-glycans in Pichia pastorisWouter Vervecken
Department of Molecular Biomedical Research, Ghent University and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Ghent, Belgium
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:2639-46. 2004..The procedures which we developed allow glycan engineering of any P. pastoris expression strain and can yield up to 90% homogeneous protein-linked oligosaccharides...
- SS33410, an inhibitor of V-ATPase, blocks intracellular protein transport of the VSV-G protein in the Golgi compartmentDae Hyun Seog
Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, Inje University, Busan, Korea
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:2591-7. 2003..These studies thus suggest that SS33410 blocks the intracellular protein transport before the step of trimming by mannosidase II, which is confined to the medial Golgi compartment...
- Modification of the N-glycosylation pathway to produce homogeneous, human-like glycans using GlycoSwitch plasmidsWouter Vervecken
Department of Molecular Biomedical Research, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Methods Mol Biol 389:119-38. 2007..Different plasmids are described as well as glycan analysis methods...
- Isolation, characterization, and expression of cDNA encoding a rat liver endoplasmic reticulum alpha-mannosidaseJ Bischoff
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
J Biol Chem 265:17110-7. 1990..The rat liver endoplasmic reticulum alpha-mannosidase bears striking homology to the vacuolar alpha-mannosidase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Overexpression of the Golgi-localized enzyme alpha-mannosidase IIx in Chinese hamster ovary cells results in the conversion of hexamannosyl-N-acetylchitobiose to tetramannosyl-N-acetylchitobiose in the N-glycan-processing pathwayM Oh-Eda
Glycobiology Program, The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Eur J Biochem 268:1280-8. 2001....
- Matrix proteins can generate the higher order architecture of the Golgi apparatusJ Seemann
Department of Cell Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8002, USA
Nature 407:1022-6. 2000..This new concept of the Golgi further indicates that the Golgi may be an autonomous organelle rather than one that is in simple dynamic equilibrium with the endoplasmic reticulum...
- Characterization of a cDNA encoding a novel human Golgi alpha 1, 2-mannosidase (IC) involved in N-glycan biosynthesisL O Tremblay
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:31655-60. 2000A human cDNA encoding a 70.9-kDa type II membrane protein with sequence similarity to class I alpha1,2-mannosidases was isolated...
- Identification, expression, and characterization of a cDNA encoding human endoplasmic reticulum mannosidase I, the enzyme that catalyzes the first mannose trimming step in mammalian Asn-linked oligosaccharide biosynthesisD S Gonzalez
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center and the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Biol Chem 274:21375-86. 1999..sequence tag clones were identified by sequence similarity to mammalian and yeast oligosaccharide-processing mannosidases, and the full-length coding region of the putative mannosidase homolog was isolated by a combination of 5'-..
- Cloning, expression, purification, and characterization of the acid alpha-mannosidase from Trypanosoma cruziA S Vandersall-Nairn
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center and the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Glycobiology 8:1183-94. 1998..A polyclonal antibody raised to the recombinant enzyme was shown to immunoprecipitate the alpha-mannosidase from T.cruzi cell extracts and will be used in future immunolocalization studies...
- Man9-mannosidase from human kidney is expressed in COS cells as a Golgi-resident type II transmembrane N-glycoproteinE Bieberich
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Biochem 233:644-9. 1995..This localization clearly differs from that of pig liver Man9-mannosidase which appears to be located in the endoplasmic reticulum and transient vesicles...
- The involvement of mnn4 and mnn6 mutations in mannosylphosphorylation of O-linked oligosaccharide in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeK Nakayama
Molecular Biology Department, National Institute of Bioscience and Human Technology, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1425:255-62. 1998..The amount of mannosylphosphorylated mannotriose was 7% of total O-linked oligosaccharides (20% of neutral mannotriose) of chitinase in strain mnn1...
- A novel Rab GTPase, Rab33B, is ubiquitously expressed and localized to the medial Golgi cisternaeJ Y Zheng
Section of Bacterial Infection, Institute of Immunological Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Cell Sci 111:1061-9. 1998..Immunoelectron microscopy analysis further defined the localization of Rab33B to the medial Golgi cisternae. These results suggest Rab33B plays a role in intra-Golgi transport...
- Immunocytochemical localization of the Menkes copper transport protein (ATP7A) to the trans-Golgi networkH A Dierick
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 0618, USA
Hum Mol Genet 6:409-16. 1997....
- Enzymatic glycosylation of lincomycinL Weignerova
Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65:1897-9. 2001..Compound 1 was glycosylated using jack bean alpha-mannosidase to produce 7-O-alpha-D-mannopyranosyl-lincomycin (2)...
- Disruption of the processing alpha-mannosidase gene does not prevent outer chain synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeR Puccia
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biochem J 290:21-6. 1993..It is concluded that the alpha-mannosidase encoded by MNS1 is the only enzyme responsible for mannose removal in vivo, and that this processing step is not essential for outer chain synthesis...
- Isolation of a mouse Golgi mannosidase cDNA, a member of a gene family conserved from yeast to mammalsA Herscovics
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 269:9864-71. 1994..the deduced amino acid sequence of a rabbit liver alpha-mannosidase partial cDNA, demonstrating that processing mannosidases have been conserved through eukaryotic evolution...
- Effects of mitogenic stimulation on lymphocyte alpha-D-mannosidasesD Abraham
Eur J Cell Biol 40:167-75. 1986..The intracellular localization of the alpha-D-mannosidases in the non-stimulated and activated murine cells was investigated by fractionation of lymphocyte lysates on ..
- The soluble form of rat liver alpha-mannosidase is immunologically related to the endoplasmic reticulum membrane alpha-mannosidaseJ Bischoff
J Biol Chem 261:4758-65. 1986..In contrast, as shown in the accompanying paper, the intracellular action of ER alpha-mannosidase on glycoprotein-bound Man9GlcNAc2 is highly specific...
- Steady-state localization of a medial-Golgi glycosyltransferase involves transit through the trans-Golgi networkA S Opat
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Monash University Medical School, Commercial Road, Prahran, Melbourne, Victoria 3181, Australia
Biochem J 358:33-40. 2001..Furthermore, this data suggests that retrograde transport pathways play an important role in establishing the asymmetric distribution of GlcNAc-TI within the Golgi stack...
- Reevaluation of the effects of brefeldin A on plant cells using tobacco Bright Yellow 2 cells expressing Golgi-targeted green fluorescent protein and COPI antiseraChristophe Ritzenthaler
Institut de Biologie Moleculaire des Plantes, 67084 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Plant Cell 14:237-61. 2002....
- Polysaccharide analysis using carbohydrate gel electrophoresis: a method to study plant cell wall polysaccharides and polysaccharide hydrolasesFlorence Goubet
Department of Biochemistry, Cambridge University, Building O, Downing Site, Cambridge, CB2 1QW, United Kingdom
Anal Biochem 300:53-68. 2002..PACE can detect as little as 500 fmol of monosaccharides and 100 fmol of oligosaccharides, and it is fast and quantitative...
- Intestinal dipeptidyl peptidase IV is efficiently sorted to the apical membrane through the concerted action of N- and O-glycans as well as association with lipid microdomainsMarwan Alfalah
Department of Physiological Chemistry, School of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Hannover D 30559, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:10683-90. 2002....
- The importance of trimming reactions on asparagine-linked oligosaccharides for protein quality controlJürgen Roth
Division of Cell and Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Zurich, Schmelzbergstrasse 12, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Histochem Cell Biol 117:159-69. 2002Although the biochemistry of early trimming reactions by glucosidases and ER mannosidases occurring on asparagine-linked oligosaccharides has been known for a long time, their involvement in quality control of protein folding has become ..
- Structure of Penicillium citrinum alpha 1,2-mannosidase reveals the basis for differences in specificity of the endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi class I enzymesYuri D Lobsanov
Program in Structural Biology and Biochemistry, Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:5620-30. 2002Class I alpha1,2-mannosidases (glycosylhydrolase family 47) are key enzymes in the maturation of N-glycans. This protein family includes two distinct enzymatically active subgroups...
- 5-Methylthiopentose: a new substituent on lipoarabinomannan in Mycobacterium tuberculosisAchim Treumann
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology, School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
J Mol Biol 316:89-100. 2002..We suggest interference with the signal transduction mechanisms of infected macrophages as a possible function for this newly discovered LAM substituent...
- Engineering the protein N-glycosylation pathway in insect cells for production of biantennary, complex N-glycansJason Hollister
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Wyoming, Laramie 82071, USA
Biochemistry 41:15093-104. 2002....
- Structure and kinetic investigation of Streptococcus pyogenes family GH38 alpha-mannosidaseMichael D L Suits
York Structural Biology Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, University of York, York, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e9006. 2010The enzymatic hydrolysis of alpha-mannosides is catalyzed by glycoside hydrolases (GH), termed alpha-mannosidases. These enzymes are found in different GH sequence-based families...
- Homonojirimycin isomers and N-alkylated homonojirimycins: structural and conformational basis of inhibition of glycosidasesN Asano
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Kanazawa 920 11, Japan
J Med Chem 41:2565-71. 1998..Compounds 2, 3, and 4 were surprisingly inactive as inhibitors of beta-glucosidase and alpha- and beta-mannosidases but were moderately good as inhibitors of rice and some mammalian alpha-glucosidases...
- The molecular characterization of a novel GH38 α-mannosidase from the crenarchaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus revealed its ability in de-mannosylating glycoproteinsBeatrice Cobucci-Ponzano
Institute of Protein Biochemistry Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via P Castellino 111, 80131 Naples, Italy
Biochimie 92:1895-907. 2010b>Mannosidases, important enzymes in the N-glycan processing and degradation in Eukaryotes, are frequently found in the genome of Bacteria and Archaea in which their function is still largely unknown...
- Mannose foraging by Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron: structure and specificity of the beta-mannosidase, BtMan2ALouise E Tailford
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
J Biol Chem 282:11291-9. 2007..The observation that this motif is invariant in GH2 mannosidases points to a generic role for these residues in this enzyme class...
- The carbohydrate-binding plant lectins and the non-peptidic antibiotic pradimicin A target the glycans of the coronavirus envelope glycoproteinsF J U M van der Meer
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Division of Virology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 1, 3584 CL Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:741-9. 2007..Recently, carbohydrate-binding agents (CBA) were shown to possess antiviral activity towards coronaviruses. The current study further elucidates the inhibitory mode of action of CBA...
- The first genome-level transcriptome of the wood-degrading fungus Phanerochaete chrysosporium grown on red oakShin Sato
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, 16802, USA
Curr Genet 55:273-86. 2009..hemicellulose degradation, not all known enzymes were produced, but endoxylanases, acetyl xylan esterases and mannosidases were detected...
- Molecular cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding a Coccidioides posadasii 1,2-alpha-mannosidase identified in the coccidioidal T27K vaccine by immunoproteomic methodsJennine M Lunetta
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1111:164-80. 2007..posadasii 2.0 gene index database that is similar to fungal 1,2-alpha-mannosidases. The 5' and 3' ends of the mannosidase cDNA were mapped using rapid amplification of cDNA ends (RACE) ..
- Kex2 protease converts the endoplasmic reticulum alpha1,2-mannosidase of Candida albicans into a soluble cytosolic formHector M Mora-Montes
Instituto de Investigacion en Biologia Experimental, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de Guanajuato, Apartado Postal 187, Guanajuato Gto CP 36000, Mexico
Microbiology 154:3782-94. 2008Cytosolic alpha-mannosidases are glycosyl hydrolases that participate in the catabolism of cytosolic free N-oligosaccharides...
- EDEM3, a soluble EDEM homolog, enhances glycoprotein endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation and mannose trimmingKazuyoshi Hirao
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8397, Japan, CREST, JST, Saitama 332 0012, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:9650-8. 2006..EDEM3 consists of 931 amino acids and has all the signature motifs of Class I alpha-mannosidases (glycosyl hydrolase family 47) in its N-terminal domain and a protease-associated motif in its C-terminal ..
- Purification and biochemical characterisation of endoplasmic reticulum alpha1,2-mannosidase from Sporothrix schenckiilHector M Mora-Montes
School of Medical Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 105:79-85. 2010Alpha 1,2-mannosidases from glycosyl hydrolase family 47 participate in N-glycan biosynthesis...
- Rice family GH1 glycoside hydrolases with beta-D-glucosidase and beta-D-mannosidase activitiesTeerachai Kuntothom
School of Biochemistry, Institute of Science, Suranaree University of Technology, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
Arch Biochem Biophys 491:85-95. 2009Plant beta-D-mannosidases and a rice beta-D-glucosidase, Os3BGlu7, with weak beta-D-mannosidase activity, cluster together in phylogenetic analysis...
- Stop-and-go movements of plant Golgi stacks are mediated by the acto-myosin systemA Nebenfuhr
Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0347, USA
Plant Physiol 121:1127-42. 1999..65 kD shows similarity of general structure and sequence (45% identity) to class I animal and fungal alpha-1,2 mannosidases. Expression of a GmMan1::green fluorescent protein fusion construct in tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum) Bright ..
- Structural and biochemical evidence for a boat-like transition state in beta-mannosidasesLouise E Tailford
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, The Medical School, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Nat Chem Biol 4:306-12. 2008..state during enzymatic beta-mannosidase hydrolysis should also facilitate the design and exploitation of transition state mimics for the inhibition of retaining alpha-mannosidases--an area that is emerging for anticancer therapeutics.
- Mapping the conformational itinerary of beta-glycosidases by X-ray crystallographyG J Davies
Structural Biology Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5YW, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 31:523-7. 2003..Work in other laboratories on both retaining and inverting alpha-mannosidases also suggests non-(4)H(3) transition states for these medically important enzymes...
- Purification and characterization of a beta-D-mannosidase from the marine anaspidean Aplysia fasciataGiuseppina Andreotti
Istituto di Chimica Biomolecolare, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via Campi Flegrei 34, 80072 Pozzuoli, Naples, Italy
J Biotechnol 119:26-35. 2005..efficiency of this beta-mannosidase (11,519 min(-1)) was significantly higher than those reported for beta-mannosidases from other sources...
- Proteomic characterization of lignocellulose-degrading enzymes secreted by Phanerochaete carnosa grown on spruce and microcrystalline celluloseSonam Mahajan
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto, 200 College Street, Toronto, ON, M5S 3E5, Canada
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 86:1903-14. 2010..16, and 61, cellobiohydrolases from GH6 and GH7, GH3 beta-glucosidases, xylanases from GH10 and GH11, GH2 beta-mannosidases, and debranching hemicellulases from GH43 and CE15...
- Expression and purification of recombinant M-Pol I from Saccharomyces cerevisiae with alpha-1,6 mannosylpolymerase activityDmitry Rodionov
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Protein Expr Purif 66:1-6. 2009..HPLC identified five products confirmed to be 3-7 mannose residues long. Digestion with linkage-specific alpha-mannosidases revealed that the linkage formed is exclusively alpha-1,6...
- Studies toward new anti-cancer strategies based on alpha-mannosidase inhibitionSandrine Gerber-Lemaire
Institute of Chemical Sciences and Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Batochime, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Chimia (Aarau) 64:634-9. 2010..on swainsonine, a natural inhibitor of Golgi alpha-mannosidase II, which highlighted the inhibition of cellular mannosidases as a potential innovative approach for the treatment of cancer, several dihydroxylated pyrrolidines and ..
- Environmental and industrial applications of Yarrowia lipolyticaAshok V Bankar
Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, University of Pune, Pune 411 007, India
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 84:847-65. 2009..Production of unique inherent enzymes (inulinases, alpha-mannosidases), novel applications of esterases and lipases, and the use of the fungus for heterologous expression of ..
- A long-wavelength fluorescent substrate for continuous fluorometric determination of alpha-mannosidase activity: resorufin alpha-D-mannopyranosideDaniel J Coleman
Marker Gene Technologies Inc, University of Oregon Riverfront Research Park, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Anal Biochem 399:7-12. 2010..of fluorescence turnover at or near physiological pH values for human lysosomal and Drosophila Golgi alpha-mannosidases. The assay performed using recombinant Drosophila Golgi alpha-mannosidase (dGMII) has been shown to give the ..
- Class I alpha-mannosidases are required for N-glycan processing and root development in Arabidopsis thalianaEva Liebminger
Department of Applied Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, A 1190 Viena, Austria
Plant Cell 21:3850-67. 2009In eukaryotes, class I alpha-mannosidases are involved in early N-glycan processing reactions and in N-glycan-dependent quality control in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER)...
- Glycoside esters of 5-aminolevulinic acid for photodynamic therapy of cancerRamakrishnan Vallinayagam
Institute of Chemistry, Neuchâtel University, avenue de Bellevaux, P O Box 2, CH 2007 Neuchatel, Switzerland
Bioconjug Chem 19:821-39. 2008..Inhibitors of alpha-glucosidases or alpha-mannosidases did not decrease PpIX production...
- ALPHA-MANNOSIDASES IN MAMMALIAN GLYCOPROTEIN PROCESSINGKelley Moremen; Fiscal Year: 1993..the regulation, structure, and function of resident enzymes of the Golgi complex by examining the alpha-mannosidases of the N-glycan processing pathway...
- MANNOPROTEIN BIOSYNTHESIS IN SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAEAnnette Herscovics; Fiscal Year: 2000..The first family consists of Class I al,2-mannosidases that have been conserved through eukaryotic evolution from yeast to man...
- MANNOPROTEIN BIOSYNTHESIS IN SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAEAnnette Herscovics; Fiscal Year: 2005..The first enzymes are Class I al,2-mannosidases that have been conserved in all eukaryotes...
- Mannosidase inhibitors as therapeutics for glycoprotein misfolding diseasesKelley Moremen; Fiscal Year: 2007..They also inhibit glycan processing alpha-mannosidases in the Golgi complex and block maturation to complex type glycan structures on cell surface and secreted ..
- Mannosidase inhibitors as therapeutics for glycoprotein misfolding diseasesKelley W Moremen; Fiscal Year: 2010..They also inhibit glycan processing alpha-mannosidases in the Golgi complex and block maturation to complex type glycan structures on cell surface and secreted ..
- TRANSIENT GLUCOSYLATION OF GLYCOPROTEINSArmando Parodi; Fiscal Year: 1992..shows a different specificity with respect to the oligosaccharides, this will indicate that processing by ER mannosidases influences the glycosylation of glycoproteins...
- NOVEL GLYCOSIDASE INHIBITORS AS ANTICANCER AGENTSBRIAN COPPOLA; Fiscal Year: 2002..Second, SW causes an undesired inhibition of lysosomal alpha- mannosidases, which induces a reversible phenocopy of the genetic lysosomal storage disease alpha-mannosidosis...
- NOVEL GLYCOSIDASE INHIBITORS AS ANTICANCER AGENTSWilliam Pearson; Fiscal Year: 2001..Second, SW causes an undesired inhibition of lysosomal alpha- mannosidases, which induces a reversible phenocopy of the genetic lysosomal storage disease alpha-mannosidosis...
- MANNOPROTEIN BIOSYNTHESIS IN SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAEAnnette Herscovics; Fiscal Year: 2007..The first family consists of Class I alpha1,2-mannosidases that have been conserved in all eukaryotes...
- Mannosidase inhibitors as therapeutics for glycoprotein misfolding diseasesKelley Moremen; Fiscal Year: 2009..They also inhibit glycan processing a-mannosidases in the Golgi complex and block maturation to complex type glycan structures on cell surface and secreted ..
- CELLULAR PROTEIN MATURATION AND DEGRADATIONDaniel Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2009..Therefore, mannosidases appear to be involved in generating the quality control code that is recognized by carbohydrate-binding sorting ..
- CELLULAR PROTEIN MATURATION AND DEGRADATIONDaniel N Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, mannosidases appear to be involved in generating the quality control code that is recognized by carbohydrate-binding sorting ..
- MANNOPROTEIN BIOSYNTHESISAnnette Herscovics; Fiscal Year: 1993..We are particularly interested in processing reactions which involve alpha-mannosidases and mannosyltransferases...
- Selective Mannosidase Inhibitors as Cancer TherapeuticsKelley Moremen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Significant differences in the substrate binding specificities of these two mannosidases can now be exploited to develop an inhibitor that is selective for Golgi alpha-mannosidase II...
- MANNOSE IN MAMMALIAN GLYCOPROTEIN SYNTHESISHudson Freeze; Fiscal Year: 2001..4. Demonstrate glycoprotein digestion and alpha-mannosidases responsible for it...
- Mannosidases in Glycoprotein Biosynthesis & CatabolismKelley Moremen; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have focused on the Class I (family 47) a-mannosidases in the N-glycan pathway since they act as committed steps in the synthesis of complex oligosaccharides by ..
- MANNOSIDASES IN GLYCOPROTEIN BIOSYNTHESIS AND CATABOLISMKelley Moremen; Fiscal Year: 2000..To address these problems the cDNAs encoding several of the processing and catabolic alpha-mannosidases have been isolated and have been organized into two multigene classes...
- Induction of 2G12 neutralizing antibody by plant-derived HIVgp145Yvonne Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..of HIV gp145 to the endoplasmic reticulum using a KDEL tag which blocks exit into the Golgi and exposure to mannosidases. These high-mannose HIV Env molecules exhibited stronger reactivity with 2G12 than CHO-derived Env, suggesting ..
- ROLE OF CALSEQUESTRIN AND ITS PHOSPHORYLATION IN HEARTSteven Cala; Fiscal Year: 2007..Comparing frozen tissue samples of control and heart failure, we will determine whether triadin-1 glycans are a so defective, and whether differences exist in ER/Golgi mannosidases.
- Mannosidases in Glycoprotein Biosynthesis & CatabolismKelley Moremen; Fiscal Year: 2005..We have focused on the cx-mannosidases in the N-glycan pathway since they act as committed steps in the synthesis of complex oligosaccharides by ..