Genomes and Genes
Summary: One of the Type II site-specific deoxyribonucleases (EC 188.8.131.52). It recognizes and cleaves the sequences C/CGG and GGC/C at the slash. HpaII is from Haemophilus parainfluenzae. Several isoschizomers have been identified. EC 3.1.21.-.
Publications111 found, 100 shown here
- HpaII and RsaI PCR-RFLPs within an intron of the porcine leptin receptor gene (LEPR) and its linkage mappingA Stratil
Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, LibÄ•chov, Czech Republic
Anim Genet 29:405-6. 1998
- An asymmetric complex of restriction endonuclease MspI on its palindromic DNA recognition siteQian Steven Xu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, MA 02118, USA
Structure 12:1741-7. 2004..A few possible pathways are discussed for MspI to cut both strands of DNA, either as a monomer or dimer...
- Genome-wide profiling of promoter methylation in humanI Hatada
Laboratory of Genome Science, Biosignal Genome Resource Center, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Gunma University, Maebashi, Japan
Oncogene 25:3059-64. 2006..Genome-wide analysis of hypomethylated promoter sequences in cancer demonstrated low CG/GC ratio of these sequences, suggesting that CpG-poor genes are sensitive to demethylation activity in cancer...
- Photocurrent response after enzymatic treatment of DNA duplexes immobilized on gold electrodes: electrochemical discrimination of 5-methylcytosine modification in DNAHisatsugu Yamada
Department of Energy and Hydrocarbon Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University, Katsura Campus, Kyoto 615 8510, Japan
Org Biomol Chem 6:272-7. 2008..This significant difference in the photocurrent response between mC and normal C residues in DNA on the gold electrodes is potentially applicable to the detection of mC modification in DNA...
- Rapid genotyping of XbaI and MspI DNA polymorphisms of the human factor VIII gene: estimation of their combined heterozygosity in the Argentinean populationCarlos D De Brasi
Haematologica 88:232-4. 2003
- Appraisal of genetic and epigenetic congruity of a monozygotic twin pair discordant for schizophreniaP McDonald
J Med Genet 40:E16. 2003
- [Susceptibility to endometriosis in women of Han Nationality in Guangdong Province associated with Msp I polymorphisms of cytochrome P450 1A1 gene]Dong xian Peng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Zhujiang Hospital, First Military Medical University, Guangzhou 510282, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 22:814-6. 2002..To assess the possible association of the Msp I polymorphisms of cytochrome P4501A1(CYP1A1) gene with the susceptibility to endometriosis in women of Han Nationality in Guangdong Province...
- Cloning method for taxonomic interpretation of T-RFLP patternsAlessio Mengoni
Dipartimento di Biologia Animale e Genetica, , Italy
Biotechniques 33:990, 992. 2002
- Polymorphism of tumor necrosis factor-beta and alcohol dehydrogenase genes and alcoholic brain atrophy in Japanese patientsM Yamauchi
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 25:7S-10S. 2001..Alcohol abuse can induce brain atrophy, but it only occurs in some alcoholics. Many inflammatory cytokines such as tumor necrosis factor (TNF) are produced rapidly in the brain by experimental or clinical injury...
- Genetic variation in the porcine myogenin gene locusA Soumillion
DLO Institute for Animal Science and Health ID DLO, P O Box 65, 8200 AB Lelystad, The Netherlands
Mamm Genome 8:564-8. 1997..The PCR-RFLP tests and microsatellite markers on Chr 9 offer the possibility to genotype large numbers of pigs for studies of genetic linkage to meat deposition and growth characteristics...
- Expression pattern and mapping of the murine versican gene (Cspg2) to chromosome 13M F Naso
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Genomics 29:297-300. 1995..Using interspecific backcross analysis, we assigned the versican gene (Cspg2) to mouse chromosome 13, in a region that is syntenic with the long arm of human chromosome 5 where the human CSPG2 gene is located...
- RFLP analysis for APP 717 mutations associated with Alzheimer's diseaseS R Zeldenrust
Richard L Roudebush Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
J Med Genet 30:476-8. 1993..In addition, DNA from 145 FAD subjects were tested for the three known APP 717 mutations...
- cDNA cloning, chromosomal mapping, and functional characterization of the human peroxisome proliferator activated receptorT Sher
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Biochemistry 32:5598-604. 1993..These results indicate that the PPAR is present in humans in a form that is functional and can trans-activate response elements derived from two different genes, the rat ACO and the rabbit CYP4A6...
- Leu-676-Pro mutation of the androgen receptor causes complete androgen insensitivity syndrome in a large Hutterite kindredD D Belsham
Department of Human Genetics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Hum Mutat 5:28-33. 1995..The mutation can easily be detected by MspI digestion of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplified exon 4 product...
- Identification of mutans streptococci by restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis of polymerase chain reaction-amplified 16S ribosomal RNA genesT Sato
Division of Oral Ecology and Biochemistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Oral Microbiol Immunol 18:323-6. 2003..Therefore, 16S rRNA genes PCR-RFLP, using HpaII and HaeIII, could be an alternative method for the identification of mutans streptococci, and may be applicable for large-scale studies on the cariogenicity of mutans streptococci...
- Genotyping of porcine endogenous retroviruses from a family of miniature swineGary Quinn
Immerge BioTherapeutics Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Virol 78:314-9. 2004....
- Role of genetic factors (CETP gene Taq I B polymorphism and Apo A-I gene Msp I polymorphism) in serum HDL-C levels in womenY Motohashi
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Japan
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 14:6-14. 2004....
- [Concordance between phenotypical features and PCR-REA for the identification of Malassezia spp]Cristina Elena Canteros
Departamento Micología INEI ANLIS Dr Carlos G Malbrán A Vélez Sarsfield 563, C1282AFF, Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Iberoam Micol 24:278-82. 2007..This result suggests that phenotypic studies are suitable for the presumptive identification of important Malassezia species in the clinical medical mycology laboratories where molecular methodologies are not available...
- Effect of restriction endonucleases on assessment of biodiversity of cultivable polar marine planktonic bacteria by amplified ribosomal DNA restriction analysisYinxin Zeng
Key Laboratory for Polar Science of State Oceanic Administration, Polar Research Institute of China, Shanghai, 200136, People s Republic of China
Extremophiles 11:685-92. 2007....
- Covalent genomic DNA modification patterns revealed by denaturing gradient gel blotsShari L Laprise
Math Science Division, Babson College, Forest Street, Babson Park, MA 02457, USA
Gene 391:45-52. 2007..The results suggest that the use of DGG blots can provide a comprehensive and rapid method for comparing complex in vivo DNA modification patterns in normal adult somatic cells...
- Identification of differentially methylated sites within unmethylated DNA domains in normal and cancer cellsVolodymyr Tryndyak
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Anal Biochem 356:202-7. 2006....
- Association of genetic polymorphism in GH gene with milk production traits in Beijing Holstein cowsGuo Li Zhou
College of Life Science, Liaocheng University, Liaocheng, Shandong 252059, People s Republic of China
J Biosci 30:595-8. 2005..The A/A cows yielded more milk protein than A/B individuals (P less than 0.01 for lactations I, II, and III). The A/A cows produced milk of higher protein content than of A/B individuals (P less than 0.05 only in lactation II)...
- Two crystal forms of the restriction enzyme MspI-DNA complex show the same novel structureQian Steven Xu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Protein Sci 14:2590-600. 2005..Combined with structural information from other solved structures of Type II restriction enzymes, the possible relationship between the structures of the enzymes and their cleavage behaviors is discussed...
- Molecular analysis of jejunal, ileal, caecal and recto-sigmoidal human colonic microbiota using 16S rRNA gene libraries and terminal restriction fragment length polymorphismHidenori Hayashi
Microbe Division Japan Collection of Microorganisms, RIKEN BioResource Center, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Med Microbiol 54:1093-101. 2005..The results showed marked individual differences in the composition of microbiota in each region...
- MspI polymorphisms in the 3rd intron of the swine POU1F1 gene and their associations with growth performanceChengyi Song
College of Animal Science and Technology, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou City, 12 Wenhui East Road, Jiangsu Province 225009, P R China
J Appl Genet 46:285-9. 2005..05). All measured growth traits, except for body weight at birth (BWB), showed higher values in DD pigs. The D allele had a favorable positive effect on growth traits. Thus POU1F1 is a potential major gene or marker for growth traits...
- Structure of HinP1I endonuclease reveals a striking similarity to the monomeric restriction enzyme MspIZhe Yang
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University School of Medicine 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:1892-901. 2005..A possible functional link between this unusual dimerization mode and the tetrameric restriction enzymes is discussed...
- [Molecular divergence of the soil yeasts Williopsis sensu stricto]E S Naumova
Mikrobiologiia 73:768-76. 2004..The latter have unique PCR profiles and differ in the nucleotide sequences of ITS1 and ITS2 fragments of rDNA. Possible variations in the results obtained with different molecular methods are discussed...
- Amplified ribosomal DNA restriction analysis for the characterization of Azotobacteraceae: a contribution to the study of these free-living nitrogen-fixing bacteriaLucia Aquilanti
Dipartimento di Scienze degli Alimenti, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Via Brecce Bianche, 60131 Ancona, Italy
J Microbiol Methods 57:197-206. 2004..Cluster analysis was successfully employed for the identification of members of the family Azotobacteraceae, being assignation into species of the isolates confirmed by means of partial 16S rRNA gene sequencing...
- Demethylation in the 5'-flanking region of mouse cellular retinoic acid binding protein-I gene is associated with its high level of expression in mouse embryos and facilitates its induction by retinoic acid in P19 embryonal carcinoma cellsL N Wei
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis 55455
Dev Dyn 201:1-10. 1994..In contrast, all the Hpa II sites in the structural gene portion, at least in the first two exons, are fully demethylated at the C residues...
- Archaic structure of the gene encoding transcription factor USFQ Lin
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
J Biol Chem 269:23894-903. 1994..Transient cotransfection assays revealed that the presence or absence of the amino acid sequences encoded by exon 4 affects considerably the transcription activation properties of the USF2 protein...
- Rare McArdle disease locus polymorphic site on 11q13 contains CpG sequenceR V Lebo
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0720
Hum Genet 86:17-24. 1990..Fluorescence in situ hybridization sublocalized this gene to proximal band 11q13, establishing a point of cross-reference between the physical and genetic maps...
- Molecular analysis of human and rat calmodulin complementary DNA clones. Evidence for additional active genes in these speciesB Sengupta
Division of Intramural Research Programs, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 262:16663-70. 1987..Transcripts of lambda rCB1 and lambda hCE1 were observed in all tissues examined indicating the absence of tissue-specific expression. Calmodulin gene polymorphisms were detected using TaqI, HindIII, and MspI...
- Identification of genetically high risk individuals to lung cancer by DNA polymorphisms of the cytochrome P450IA1 geneK Kawajiri
Department of Biochemistry, Saitama Cancer Center Research Institute, Japan
FEBS Lett 263:131-3. 1990..This is the first report to identify the genetically high risk individuals to lung cancer at the gene level...
- Analysis of the human cysteine-rich protein gene (CSRP), assignment to chromosome 1q24-1q32, and identification of an associated MspI polymorphismX Wang
Department of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104
Genomics 14:391-7. 1992..A common MspI polymorphism is identified and mapped to intron 4 of the hCRP gene. The chromosomal localization and restriction site polymorphism should prove useful in future studies of the function of this gene...
- Parental imprinting: potentially active chromatin of the repressed maternal allele of the mouse insulin-like growth factor II (Igf2) geneH Sasaki
Department of Molecular Embryology, AFRC Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics Research, Babraham, Cambridge, UK
Genes Dev 6:1843-56. 1992..The differential activity of the parental Igf2 alleles could be achieved through epigenetic modifications situated outside the promoters or by subtle and yet unidentified modifications at the promoters...
- The neurofibroma in von Recklinghausen neurofibromatosis has a unicellular originG R Skuse
Division of Genetics, University of Rochester School of Medicine, NY
Am J Hum Genet 49:600-7. 1991..By this assay, neurofibromas from all eight appeared monoclonal in origin. These results suggest that benign neurofibromas in NF1 arise by a mechanism that is different from that of malignant tumors.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Three RFLPs for pZ11 (DXS540) in the choroideremia gene at Xq21.2C M Molloy
Department of Human Genetics, University Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Nucleic Acids Res 20:1434. 1992
- The genes for the inter-alpha-inhibitor family share a homologous organization in human and mouseJ P Salier
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unit 78, Boisguillaume, France
Mamm Genome 2:233-9. 1992..Therefore, a similar number and arrangement of I alpha I genes is found in mouse and human, including the triplication of an H gene ancestor. These results point to an ancient origin of this complex set of genes...
- Human gastric cathepsin E gene. Multiple transcripts result from alternative polyadenylation of the primary transcripts of a single gene locus at 1q31-q32T Azuma
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigain 48201
J Biol Chem 267:1609-14. 1992..6- and 2.1-kilobase transcripts which constituted greater than 95% of CTSE transcripts found in the stomach...
- Genetic linkage of lung cancer-associated MspI polymorphisms with amino acid replacement in the heme binding region of the human cytochrome P450IA1 geneS Hayashi
Department of Biochemistry, Saitama Cancer Center Research Institute
J Biochem 110:407-11. 1991....
- MspI polymorphism of the human CYP2E geneF Uematsu
Department of Cancer Chemotherapy and Prevention, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 19:5797. 1991
- Human prolactin gene expression: positive correlation between site-specific methylation and gene activity in a set of human lymphoid cell linesB Gellersen
Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, Hamburg, Federal Republicof Germany
Mol Endocrinol 4:1874-86. 1990..Contrasting the generally favored inverse relationship between methylation and transcriptional activity of a gene we describe a system in which site-specific methylation is positively correlated with gene expression...
- Molecular characterization of the human delta-aminolevulinate dehydratase 2 (ALAD2) allele: implications for molecular screening of individuals for genetic susceptibility to lead poisoningJ G Wetmur
Department of Microbiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029
Am J Hum Genet 49:757-63. 1991..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Identification of multiple HTF-island associated genes in the human major histocompatibility complex class III regionC A Sargent
MRC Immunochemistry Unit, University of Oxford, UK
EMBO J 8:2305-12. 1989..The location of so many new genes in this region raises the question as to whether they play any role in the observed HLA associations with an individual's susceptibility to develop autoimmune disease...
- Detection of the Hb Quong Sze mutation in a Chinese family by selective amplification of the alpha 2-globin gene and restriction map analysis with Msp IS Liang
Guangxi Medical College, Nanning, P R China
Hemoglobin 15:535-40. 1991..R. China. Our data and those described in an earlier publication (1) indicate that the Hb Quong Sze carriers originate from the same province of the People's Republic of China, namely Guangxi...
- Standardization of MspI and HaeIII restriction karyotypes in cattleT Cymbron
Centro de Estudos de Ciência Animal, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas Abel Salazar, Largo Abel Salazar no 2, PT 4099 003 Porto, Portugal
Hereditas 140:154-7. 2004..This method is rapid and technically easy, and proved to be of great utility in cattle cytogenetic studies...
- MspI RFLP for microtubule associated protein-2 (MAP2)M J Alberts
Joseph and Kathleen Bryan Alzheimer's Disease Research Center, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham 27710
Nucleic Acids Res 19:960. 1991
- Mutations in transglutaminase 1 gene in autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosis in Egyptian familiesR M Shawky
Pediatrics and Genetics Department, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Dis Markers 20:325-32. 2004..We clearly demonstrated that the ARCI Egyptian families in Upper Egypt was ethnically pure and had a tendency not to be a hybrid with other populations in Lower Egypt, Delta zone and Cairo city...
- Contribution of AGC to ACC and other mutations at codon 315 of the katG gene in isoniazid-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from the Middle EastSuhail Ahmad
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, P O Box 24923, Safat 13110, Kuwait
Int J Antimicrob Agents 23:473-9. 2004..tuberculosis isolates recovered from Middle Eastern patients and should be incorporated in a rapid screen for the detection of mutations for isoniazid-resistance in the katG gene from this ethnic group...
- Discrimination between Theileria lestoquardi and Theileria annulata in their vectors and hosts by RFLP based on the 18S rRNA geneEva Spitalska
School of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, UK
Parasitol Res 94:318-20. 2004..However, we developed a species-specific RFLP test based on the MspI restriction enzyme, able to cut amplified products from T. lestoquardi only and to discriminate the two species in both tick and blood samples...
- Characterization of DNA demethylation in normal and cancerous cell lines and the regulatory role of cell cycle proteins in human DNA demethylase activityMariappan Vairapandi
The Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Cell Biochem 91:572-83. 2004....
- Cbf1p modulates chromatin structure, transcription and repair at the Saccharomyces cerevisiae MET16 locusJ A Ferreiro
School of Biological Sciences, University of Wales Swansea, Swansea SA2 8PP, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 32:1617-26. 2004..The data are discussed in light of current models relating NER and chromatin structure...
- An MspI polymorphism in the human acid sphingomyelinase gene (SMPD1)E H Schuchman
Division of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029
Nucleic Acids Res 19:3160. 1991
- Probing the chromosome 9p21 region susceptible to DNA double-strand breaks in human cells in vivo by restriction enzyme transferMasanori Sato
Biology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo 1040045, Japan
Oncogene 24:6108-18. 2005..This method could help us understand the pathogenic significance of differential susceptibility to DSBs among genomic regions in human carcinogenesis...
- Multiple restriction fragment length polymorphisms associated with the Vc determinant of the MN blood group-related chimpanzee V-A-B-D systemA Rearden
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093
Biochem Genet 28:223-31. 1990..The RFLPs were chimpanzee specific and were not found in man, gorilla, orangutan, or gibbon. Multiple RFLPs distinguishing primate species are rare and may be useful markers for molecular evolution...
- Evaluation of the LTQ-Orbitrap mass spectrometer for the analysis of polymerase chain reaction productsHélène Manduzio
CEA, iBiTec S, Service de Pharmacologie et d immunoanalyse, 91191 Gif sur Yvette, France
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 24:3501-9. 2010..For example, a single (T ↔ A) switch (9 Da mass difference) was successfully identified in a 114-bp PCR product...
- DNA methylation profiling using HpaII tiny fragment enrichment by ligation-mediated PCR (HELP)Masako Suzuki
Center for Epigenomics and Division of Computational Genetics, Department of Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1301 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Methods 52:218-22. 2010..Here we describe the assay, its relative strengths and weaknesses, and the transition of the assay from a microarray to massively-parallel sequencing-based foundation...
- Identification of Candida species using PCR-RFLP in cancer patients in IranT Shokohi
Department of Medical Mycology and Parasitology, Sari Medical School, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
Indian J Med Microbiol 28:147-51. 2010..have been increasing. Traditional methods that are used to identify clinical isolates of Candida species are time-consuming and not appropriate for rapid, accurate and reliable identification...
- Isoschizomers and amplified fragment length polymorphism for the detection of specific cytosine methylation changesLeonor Ruiz-García
Departamento de Biotecnología y Protección de Cultivos, Instituto Murciano de Investigacion y Desarrollo Agrario y Alimentario, Murcia, Spain
Methods Mol Biol 631:63-74. 2010..This chapter describes a detailed protocol of this technique and discusses modifications that can be applied to adjust the technology to different species of interest...
- Assessing the DNA methylation status of single cells with the comet assayJohannes F Wentzel
Division for Biochemistry, School of Physical and Chemical Sciences, North West University, Potchefstroom 2520, South Africa
Anal Biochem 400:190-4. 2010..We were able to show variations in DNA methylation after treatment of cultured cells with 5-azacytidine and succinylacetone, an accumulating metabolite in human tyrosinemia type I...
- Assessment of intraradicular bacterial composition by terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism analysisD Saito
Department of Oral Diagnosis, Microbiology and Immunology Division, Piracicaba Dental School, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Oral Microbiol Immunol 24:369-76. 2009....
- Diversity of culturable actinobacteria isolated from marine sponge Haliclona spShumei Jiang
Key Laboratory of Marine Bio resources Sustainable Utilization LMB CAS, Guangdong Key Laboratory of Marine Materia Medica LMMM GD, South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou, 510301, PR China
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 92:405-16. 2007....
- Association of p53 polymorphisms with breast cancer: a case-control study in Slovak populationM Franekova
Department of Biology, Comenius University in Bratislava, Martin, Slovak Republic
Neoplasma 54:155-61. 2007..99, 95% CI=0.69-13.06). Our results indicate that both BstUI and MspI p53 polymormphisms might play the role in the breast cancer development especially in women younger than 50 years...
- Methylation pattern at the KvDMR in a child with Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome conceived by ICSIM V Gomes
Department of Genetics, , , , , Brazil
Am J Med Genet A 143:625-9. 2007
- Study on genetic coadaptability of wild quail populations in ChinaGuobin Chang
Animal Science and Technology College, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou 225009, China
Sci China C Life Sci 49:172-81. 2006....
- Analysis of the hotfoot (ho) locus by creation of an insertional mutation in a transgenic mouseJ W Gordon
Brookdale Center for Molecular Biology, Department of Geriatrics and Adult Development, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029
Dev Biol 137:349-58. 1990..These findings show that zona drilling is useful both for analysis and preservation of animals with reduced male fertility...
- [Plasma activated coagulation factor VII and Msp I polymorphism in elderly patients with coronary heart disease]Qing hua Lu
Department of Cardiology, The Second Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 22:691-3. 2005..To investigate the association of activated coagulation factor VII(F7a) and its gene Msp I polymorphism with coronary heart disease in elderly patients...
- Analysis of polymorphism of 18S rRNA gene in Wuchereria bancrofti microfilariaeYashodhar Bhandari
Department of Biochemistry and J.B. Tropical Disease Research Centre, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, India
Microbiol Immunol 49:909-14. 2005..The phylogenetic analysis of the sequences of W. bancrofti mf isolates from different endemic zones has shown branching with the earlier reported sequences of W. bancrofti and its close relative Brugia malayi...
- Application of new primer-enzyme combinations to terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism profiling of bacterial populations in human fecesKoji Nagashima
Hokkaido Food Processing Research Center, Ebetsu, Hokkaido 069 0836, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:1251-62. 2003....
- Isolation and characterization of the human apolipoprotein A-II gene. Electron microscopic analysis of RNA:DNA hybrids, nucleotide sequence, identification of a polymorphic MspI site, and general structural organization of apolipoprotein genesY K Tsao
J Biol Chem 260:15222-31. 1985....
- 1462V mutation in the human CYP1A1 gene: lack of correlation with either the Msp I 1.9 kb (M2) allele or CYP1A1 inducibility in a three-generation family of east Mediterranean descentP J Wedlund
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
Pharmacogenetics 4:21-6. 1994..9 kb allele or the CYP1A1 inducibility phenotype. We also found no absolute correlation between the Msp I 1.9 kb allele and the CYP1A1 inducibility phenotype...
- Dopamine D3 receptor gene: organization, transcript variants, and polymorphism associated with schizophreniaN Griffon
Unité de Neurobiologie et Pharmacologie, Centre Paul Broca l INSERM, Paris, France
Am J Med Genet 67:63-70. 1996..16, df = 1, P = 0.69, respectively). The large distance of the Msp I polymorphism from the Bal I polymorphism and its localization in the 3' part of the gene may explain the discrepant results obtained with the two polymorphisms...
- Characterization of an iridescent virus isolated from Gryllus bimaculatus (Orthoptera: Gryllidae)F T Just
Institut fur Zoologie, Fischereibiologie und Fischkrankheiten, Tierärztliche Fakultät der Ludwig Maximilian Universität München, Kaulbachstrasse 37, Munchen, D 80539, Germany
J Invertebr Pathol 77:51-61. 2001..These data indicate that this new isolate, which we propose to be termed Gryllus bimaculatus iridescent virus, belongs to the genus Iridovirus of the family Iridoviridae...
- p53 single nucleotide polymorphisms and bladder cancerE Biros
Department of Medical Biology School of Medicine, PJ Safarik University, Kosice, Slovak Republic
Neoplasma 47:303-6. 2000..0354). The results of this study suggest that BstUI and Msp1 germ line polymorphisms of the tumor suppressor gene p53 marginally modify the risk of bladder cancer...
- Apolipoprotein B gene polymorphisms: prevalence and impact on serum lipid concentrations in hypercholesterolemic individuals from BrazilS A Cavalli
Department of Clinical and Toxicological Analysis, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Av Lineu Prestes 580, CEP 05508 900, SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Chim Acta 302:189-203. 2000..05). We concluded that 3'HVR polymorphism at the apo B gene may be an important genetic marker to evaluate atherosclerotic disease risk...
- Possible involvement of the dopamine D3 receptor locus in subtypes of bipolar affective disorderP Chiaroni
Service de Psychiatrie 2, CHU Timone, Marseille, France
Psychiatr Genet 10:43-9. 2000..01) was then noted, the bipolar females being preferentially heterozygous, and the males homozygous. These results could involve the dopamine D3 receptor locus as a minor effect gene in the manic depression condition...
- Apolipoprotein B gene polymorphisms and serum lipids: meta-analysis of the role of genetic variation in responsiveness to dietM Rantala
Departments of Internal Medicine and Physical Sciences and Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Finland
Am J Clin Nutr 71:713-24. 2000..The genetic variance determining plasma lipid and lipoprotein concentrations may modify individual responsiveness to alterations in dietary fat and cholesterol content...
- HpaII polymorphism in the atrial natriuretic peptide gene and hypertensionB M Cheung
Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam
Am J Hypertens 12:524-7. 1999..Our findings differed from previous reports and suggested that this polymorphism is not associated with hypertension in this population...
- High-resolution analysis of a histone H1 binding site in a rat albumin geneJ S Sevall
Helicon Foundation, San Diego, California 92109
Biochemistry 27:5038-44. 1988..The sequences between the protected DNA regions are highly enriched in adenosine-thymidine bases (79.3 and 86 mol % adenosine-thymidine, respectively). The functional significance is not understood...
- Hepatitis C virus population dynamics in human lymphocytes and hepatocytes infected in vitroN Kato
Virology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
J Gen Virol 79:1859-69. 1998..Following a comparison of the sequences, 11 amino acids were identified as candidates for determinants of the cell tropism of HCV...
- Hpall endonuclease distinguishes between two species in the Anopheles funestus groupL L Koekemoer
Department of Tropical Diseases, School of Pathology of the South African Institute for Medical Research and the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
Insect Mol Biol 7:273-7. 1998..funestus from An. vaneedeni. The technique needs to be tested on natural populations of these two species as well as on other members of the An. funestus group...
- Brother/sister siblings affected with Hunter disease: evidence for skewed X chromosome inactivationK Sukegawa
Department of Pediatrics, Gifu University School of Medicine, Japan
Clin Genet 53:96-101. 1998..These findings indicate that a skewed X chromosome inactivation of the paternal gene and a point mutation in the maternal gene were responsible for the lack of iduronate-2-sulfatase activity in the sister...
- Linkage relationships of the protein kinase C gamma gene which exclude it as a candidate for myotonic dystrophyK J Johnson
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, St Mary s Hospital Medical School, University of London, UK
Cytogenet Cell Genet 48:13-5. 1988..Linkage relationships between PKCG and other loci on chromosome 19 are presented which exclude PKCG from the proximal region of chromosome 19 and which are consistent with the localization being at 19q13.2----qter...
- A study of the relationship between the DBH activity in serum and a MspI polymorphic site in intron 9 of the human DBH gene in schizophreniaJ Wei
Institute of Biological Psychiatry, Schizophrenia Association of Great Britain, Bangor, UK
Schizophr Res 22:77-80. 1996..01). The present results suggest that the MspI polymorphic site in intron 9 of the human DBH gene may be associated with alterations of DBH activity in schizophrenia and with the influence of neuroleptic drugs on the DBH activity as well...
- A leucine-to-proline mutation in the insulin receptor in a family with insulin resistanceM P Klinkhamer
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Sylvius Laboratory, Leiden, The Netherlands
EMBO J 8:2503-7. 1989..The mutation for the first time characterizes a region in the insulin receptor which seems to be involved in transmitting the insulin binding signal to the tyrosine kinase domain...
- Methylation analysis by genomic sequencing of 5' region of mouse Pgk-1 gene and a cautionary note concerning the methodS Tommasi
Biology Department, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, California 91010
Somat Cell Mol Genet 19:529-41. 1993..A DNA concentration-dependent band-suppression artifact can incorrectly suggest methylation of both CpG and nonCpG dinucleotides...
- A MspI polymorphism and linkage mapping of the human protein-tyrosine phosphatase G (PTPRG) geneF Latif
Laboratory of Immunobiology, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, MD 21701
Hum Mol Genet 2:91. 1993
- Osteogenesis imperfecta and type-I collagen mutations. A lethal variant caused by a Gly910-->Ala substitution in the alpha 1 (I) chainM Valli
Dipartimento di Biochimica, Universita di Pavia, Italy
Eur J Biochem 211:415-9. 1993..Restriction analysis, along with the biochemical screening of collagens, allowed us to perform prenatal diagnosis on cells from chorionic-villus sampling and to exclude the recurrence of the mutation in the sibling...
- Prenatal diagnosis of a familial Xq deletion in a female fetus: a case reportL Y Brown
Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 630 W 9168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Prenat Diagn 21:27-30. 2001..The pregnancy resulted in the birth of a normal girl, and X chromosome inactivation skewing was demonstrated in both mother and daughter. Xq deletion phenotypes and counseling issues are reviewed...
- Restriction enzyme analysis of DNA methylation in "condensed" chromatin of Ha-ras-transformed NIH 3T3 cellsM L Mello
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Biology, UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Anal Cell Pathol 20:163-71. 2000..DNA CpG methylation status is thus suggested not to be involved with the higher order chromatin condensation induced by ras transformation in the mentioned NIH 3T3 cell lines...
- A C-1291G polymorphism in the alpha2A-adrenergic receptor gene (ADRA2A) promoter is associated with cortisol escape from dexamethasone and elevated glucose levelsR Rosmond
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Intern Med 251:252-7. 2002....
- Acquired skewing of Lyonization remains stable for a prolonged period in healthy blood donorsJ P van Dijk
Central Hematology Laboratory, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Leukemia 16:362-7. 2002..We conclude that acquired skewing arises gradually in life without fluctuations in XCIP and that analysis at multiple time points cannot distinguish monoclonal hematopoiesis from normal, skewed hematopoiesis...
- Genetic and restriction analysis of the 16S-23S rDNA internal transcribed spacer regions of the acetic acid bacteriaJanja Trcek
Limnos, Podlimbarskega 31, SI 1000, Ljubljana, Slovenia
FEMS Microbiol Lett 208:69-75. 2002..All the restriction profiles obtained after analysis of microbial populations from vinegar matched one of the 12 groups...
- Effects of polyols, pH and electrolyte concentrations in TBE buffer on separation of double strand DNA fragments by capillary electrophoresisJicun Ren
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University, P R China
Anal Sci 18:469-71. 2002
- Transformation by inorganic arsenic compounds of normal Syrian hamster embryo cells into a neoplastic state in which they become anchorage-independent and cause tumors in newborn hamstersMasayuki Takahashi
Department of Pharmacology, Nippon Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Cancer 99:629-34. 2002..Thus, inorganic arsenics induce neoplastic transformation of normal, diploid mammalian cells. Overexpression of oncogenes by DNA hypomethylation may participate in the arsenic-induced neoplastic transformation of mammalian cells...
- Characterisation of site-biased DNA methyltransferases: specificity, affinity and subsite relationshipsAndrew R McNamara
Department of Molecular Medicine, Guy's, King's and St Thomas' School of Medicine, The Rayne Institute, 123 Coldharbour Lane, London SE5 9NU, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 30:3818-30. 2002..These targeted enzymes, however, are shown to be not fully mono-functional, retaining a significant non-targeted activity most evident at elevated protein concentrations...
- Maternal inhibition of hepatitis B surface antigen gene expression in transgenic mice correlates with de novo methylationM Hadchouel
Recombinaison et Expression Génétique, INSERM U163, CNRS UA 271, Paris, France
Nature 329:454-6. 1987....
- Clonality of multiple uterine leiomyomasShufang Wang
Department of Pathology, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710038, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 31:107-11. 2002..Uterine leiomyomas are of clonal origin. Multiple uterine leiomyomas may be subtyped into fully independent and aggressive types as well as a mixed type of both...
- Both hypomethylation and hypermethylation of DNA associated with arsenite exposure in cultures of human cells identified by methylation-sensitive arbitrarily-primed PCRC X Zhong
Environmental Carcinogenesis Division (MD-68, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, ORD, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Toxicol Lett 122:223-34. 2001..The results, in total, could support the existence of a state of DNA methylation imbalance that could conceivably disrupt appropriate gene expression in arsenite exposed cells...
- Linkage and association studies of the relationship between endometriosis and genes encoding the detoxification enzymes GSTM1, GSTT1 and CYP1A1R M Hadfield
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 7:1073-8. 2001..However, there was no evidence of linkage, suggesting that this region may not be implicated in disease susceptibility...
- Identification of fish-parasitic Myxobolus (Myxosporea) species using a combined PCR-RFLP methodE Eszterbauer
Veterinary Medical Research Institute, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest
Dis Aquat Organ 44:35-9. 2001..The cleavage patterns generated by 2 frequent cutter restriction enzymes (HinfI and MspI) were suitable for the differentiation of the examined Myxobolus species...
- Molecular genetics of Pelizaeus-Merzbacher diseaseGrace M Hobson; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Molecular genetics of Pelizaeus-Merzbacher diseaseGrace Hobson; Fiscal Year: 2009....