Genomes and Genes
Summary: A plasma protein that is the inactive precursor of thrombin. It is converted to thrombin by a prothrombin activator complex consisting of factor Xa, factor V, phospholipid, and calcium ions. Deficiency of prothrombin leads to hypoprothrombinemia.
Publications293 found, 100 shown here
- Prothrombin/thrombin and the thrombin receptors PAR-1 and PAR-4 in the brain: localization, expression and participation in neurodegenerative diseasesElena Sokolova
Otto von Guericke Universitaet Magdeburg, Medizinische Fakultat, Institut fur Neurobiochemie, Leipziger Strasse 44, Magdeburg, Germany
Thromb Haemost 100:576-81. 2008..Both prothrombin and its active form thrombin have been detected locally in the brain...
- Alpha-fetoprotein, des-gamma carboxyprothrombin, and lectin-bound alpha-fetoprotein in early hepatocellular carcinomaJorge A Marrero
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Gastroenterology 137:110-8. 2009..Des-gamma carboxy-prothrombin (DCP) and lectin-bound AFP (AFP-L3%) are potential surveillance tests for HCC...
- Diagnostic and prognostic value of alpha-fetoprotein, des-γ-carboxy prothrombin and squamous cell carcinoma antigen immunoglobulin M complexes in hepatocellular carcinomaG Bertino
Department of Internal Medicine and Systemic Diseases, Catania University, Catania, Italy
Minerva Med 102:363-71. 2011..The aim of this study was compare the accuracy of α-fetoprotein (AFP), des-γ- carboxy prothrombin (DCP), squamous cell carcinoma antigen-immunoglobulin M complexes (SCCA-IgM Cs) in the early diagnosis and in ..
- Prognostic and diagnostic value of des-γ-carboxy prothrombin in liver cancerGaetano Bertino
Department of Internal Medicine and Systemic Diseases, Santa Marta Hospital, Catania University, Catania, Italy
Drug News Perspect 23:498-508. 2010Des-γ-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) is an abnormal prothrombin induced by the absence of vitamin K₂ that is increased in the serum of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Clinical evaluation of lens culinaris agglutinin-reactive alpha-fetoprotein and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin in histologically proven hepatocellular carcinoma in the United StatesBrian I Carr
Liver Cancer Center, Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, E1552 BST, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:776-82. 2007..role for the lens culinaris agglutinin-reactive fraction of alpha-fetoprotein (AFP-L3%) and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) in the management of the U.S. hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) patient population...
- Goal-directed coagulation management of major trauma patients using thromboelastometry (ROTEM)-guided administration of fibrinogen concentrate and prothrombin complex concentrateHerbert Schöchl
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, AUVA Trauma Hospital, Dr Franz Rehrl Platz 5, Salzburg, Austria
Crit Care 14:R55. 2010..The appropriate strategy for trauma-induced coagulopathy management is under debate. We report the treatment of major trauma using mainly coagulation factor concentrates...
- p38 MAPK controls prothrombin expression by regulated RNA 3' end processingSven Danckwardt
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology, and Immunology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell 41:298-310. 2011..Although induced in many (patho-)physiological conditions, the underlying mechanisms controlling prothrombin expression remained enigmatic...
- Decreased inhibitory activity of prothrombin to calcium oxalate crystallization by specific chemical modification of its gamma-carboxyglutamic acid residuesJihong Liu
Department of Urology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Urology 67:201-3. 2006To investigate the inhibitory role of gamma (gamma)-carboxyglutamic acid (Gla) in the Gla domain of urinary prothrombin in the formation of calcium oxalate crystals.
- Prognostic values of alpha-fetoprotein and protein induced by vitamin K absence or antagonist-II in hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma: a prospective studyHyoung Su Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Kangdong Sacred Heart Hospital of Hallym University Medical Center, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:482-8. 2009..However, prognostic values of AFP and PIVKA-II remain clarified in hepatitis B virus (HBV)-associated HCC. This study was aimed to evaluate the prognostic values of AFP and PIVKA-II in HBV-associated HCC...
- D-dimer and prothrombin fragment 1 + 2 predict venous thromboembolism in patients with cancer: results from the Vienna Cancer and Thrombosis StudyCihan Ay
Clinical Division of Haematology and Haemostaseology, Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer GuerA 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Clin Oncol 27:4124-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate D-dimer and prothrombin fragment 1 + 2 (F 1 + 2), which reflect activation of blood coagulation and fibrinolysis, for prediction of ..
- Des-gamma-carboxyprothrombin, alpha-fetoprotein and AFP-L3 in patients with chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinomaFrancisco A Durazo
The Pfleger Liver Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1541-8. 2008....
- Des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin as an important prognostic indicator in patients with small hepatocellular carcinomaKenichi Hakamada
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, Hirosaki 036 8562, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 14:1370-7. 2008To clarify the effect of a high des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) level on the invasiveness and prognosis of small hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Simultaneous activation of complement and coagulation by MBL-associated serine protease 2Anders Krarup
MRC Immunochemistry Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 2:e623. 2007..We have shown that MASP2 is capable of promoting fibrinogen turnover by cleavage of prothrombin, generating thrombin...
- Prevalence of angiotensin-converting enzyme, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase, Factor V Leiden, prothrombin and apolipoprotein E gene polymorphisms in MoroccoThierry Paluku They-They
Laboratoire de Génétique Médicale et Pathologie Moléculaire LGPM, Faculté de Médecine et de Pharmacie Casablanca, 19 rue Tarik Ibn Ziad, Casablanca, Morocco
Ann Hum Biol 37:767-77. 2010..These genetic factors are involved in several pathways affecting blood pressure regulation, blood coagulation, homocysteine and lipid metabolisms...
- Varied prevalence of factor V G1691A (Leiden) and prothrombin G20210A single nucleotide polymorphisms among ArabsWassim Y Almawi
Al Jawhara Center for Molecular Medicine, Genetics and Inherited Diseases, College of Medicine and Medical Sciences, Arabian Gulf University, Manama, Bahrain
J Thromb Thrombolysis 20:163-8. 2005Factor V G1691A (FV-Leiden) and prothrombin (PRT) G20210A single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) are major inherited risk factors of venous thromboembolism...
- A common genetic variation in the 3'-untranslated region of the prothrombin gene is associated with elevated plasma prothrombin levels and an increase in venous thrombosisS R Poort
Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Center, Leiden University Hospital, The Netherlands
Blood 88:3698-703. 1996We have examined the prothrombin gene as a candidate gene for venous thrombosis in selected patients with a documented familial history of venous thrombophilia...
- Tumor markers in early diagnosis, follow-up and management of patients with hepatocellular carcinomaShigetoshi Fujiyama
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Oncology 62:57-63. 2002..Equally important in the management of patients with HCC are biological indicators for malignancy, the selection of therapeutic interventions and the prediction of the outcome...
- Utility of Lens culinaris agglutinin-reactive fraction of alpha-fetoprotein and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin, alone or in combination, as biomarkers for hepatocellular carcinomaRichard K Sterling
Virginia Commonwealth University Health Systems, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:104-13. 2009Des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) and Lens culinaris agglutinin-reactive fraction of alpha-fetoprotein (AFP-L3) are surveillance markers used to detect hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in Japan...
- Integrin alpha5-induced EGFR activation by prothrombin triggers hepatocyte apoptosis via the JNK signaling pathwayZiqiu Wang
Department of Medical Oncology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Cell Physiol 216:551-7. 2008We have previously shown that prothrombin, a blood coagulation factor, can cause an inhibition of DNA synthesis in normal rat hepatocytes...
- Effects of Mucuna pruriens extract on activation of prothrombin by Echis carinatus venomR Guerranti
Institute of Biochemistry and Enzymology, University of Siena, Via A Moro, 53100, Siena, Italy
J Ethnopharmacol 75:175-80. 2001..Here the effect of an extract of MP101UJ in prothrombin activation by EV in vitro by clotting and chromogenic assay is studied...
- Glycosylation of prothrombin fragment 1 governs calcium oxalate crystal nucleation and aggregation, but not crystal growthDawn Webber
Department of Chemistry, University of Cape Town, Private Bag, Rondebosch, Cape Town, 7701, South Africa
Urol Res 35:277-85. 2007..In several cases, this has been attributed to glycosylation of the proteins as evidenced by urinary prothrombin fragment 1 where there is a correlation between sialylation and calcium oxalate kidney stone disease...
- Renal prothrombin mRNA is significantly decreased in a hyperoxaluric rat model of nephrolithiasisP K Grover
Urology Unit, Department of Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University Bedford Park 5042, South Australia, Australia
J Pathol 210:273-81. 2006Although urinary prothrombin fragment 1 (UPTF1) possesses several hallmarks expected of a regulatory protein in urolithiasis, its precise role remains unknown...
- In vivo detection of Staphylococcus aureus endocarditis by targeting pathogen-specific prothrombin activationPeter Panizzi
Center for Systems Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 17:1142-6. 2011..Here we report that an engineered analog of prothrombin could be used to detect S...
- Plasma levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1, factor VIII, prothrombin activation fragment 1+2, anticardiolipin, and antiprothrombin antibodies are risk factors for thrombosis in hemodialysis patientsDaniela Molino
Divison of Nephrology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Semin Nephrol 24:495-501. 2004..All patients underwent a screening prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, fibrinogen (Fg), coagulation factors of the intrinsic and ..
- EPCR Ser219Gly: elevated sEPCR, prothrombin F1+2, risk for coronary heart disease, and increased sEPCR shedding in vitroH Ireland
Cardiovascular Genetics, Department Medicine, University College London, 5 University St, London, WC1E 6JF, UK
Atherosclerosis 183:283-92. 2005..Furthermore, in base-line samples from NPHSII and in the diabetic study, a significant increase in prothrombin F1+2 level was observed for 219Gly...
- Increased efficiency of mRNA 3' end formation: a new genetic mechanism contributing to hereditary thrombophiliaN H Gehring
Department of Pediatrics, , Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Nat Genet 28:389-92. 2001The G-->A mutation at position 20210 of the prothrombin or coagulation factor II gene (F2) represents a common genetic risk factor for the occurrence of thromboembolic events...
- Combined effect of factor V Leiden and prothrombin 20210A on the risk of venous thromboembolism--pooled analysis of 8 case-control studies including 2310 cases and 3204 controls. Study Group for Pooled-Analysis in Venous ThromboembolismJ Emmerich
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service de Medecine Vasculaire, Centre Claude Bernard et Laboratoire d Hémostase, Paris, France
Thromb Haemost 86:809-16. 2001..69). Conversely, factor II G20210A mutation was equally balanced in both patient groups...
- The association of factor V leiden and prothrombin gene mutation and placenta-mediated pregnancy complications: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective cohort studiesMarc A Rodger
Thrombosis Program, Division of Hematology, Departments of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Epidemiology Community Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
PLoS Med 7:e1000292. 2010Factor V Leiden (FVL) and prothrombin gene mutation (PGM) are common inherited thrombophilias...
- The limits of simulation of the clotting systemR Wagenvoord
Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 4:1331-8. 2006..To investigate in how far successful simulation of a thrombin generation (TG) curve gives information about the underlying biochemical reaction mechanism...
- Des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin and alpha-fetoprotein as biomarkers for the early detection of hepatocellular carcinomaAnna S Lok
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Gastroenterology 138:493-502. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare the accuracy of alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) in the early diagnosis of HCC.
- Dengue virus nonstructural protein NS1 binds to prothrombin/thrombin and inhibits prothrombin activationShi Wei Lin
Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, ROC
J Infect 64:325-34. 2012..Since thrombin plays a very important role in the activation of coagulation, we investigated whether NS1 can bind to thrombin and affect its formation or activity...
- Use of serum PIVKA-II (DCP) determination for differentiation between benign and malignant liver diseasesR Lamerz
Department of Internal Medicine II, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Anticancer Res 19:2489-93. 1999The concentration of Des-gamma-carboxy-prothrombin (DCP) or PIVKA-II has been described to be increased in patients with hepatocellular cancer, along with its elevation in vitamin K deficient states by warfarin or dicoumarol treatment...
- Fibrin presence within aortic valves in patients with aortic stenosis: association with in vivo thrombin generation and fibrin clot propertiesJoanna Natorska
Institute of Cardiology, Jagiellonian University School of Medicine, 80 Pradnicka St, 31 202 Krakow, Poland
Thromb Haemost 105:254-60. 2011..001). Patients with AS had elevated plasma D-dimer (236.4 ± 28 ng/ml, p=0.002) and prothrombin fragment 1+2 (F1.2) (261.7 ± 27.1 pM, p=0.005) compared to AI subjects (142.8 ± 10 ng/ml and 131.2 ± 1...
- Thrombin generation in acute coronary syndrome and stable coronary artery disease: dependence on plasma factor compositionK Brummel-Ziedins
Department of Biochemistry, University of Vermont, VT 05446, USA
J Thromb Haemost 6:104-10. 2008..We investigated whether thrombin generation based on circulating coagulation protein levels, could distinguish between acute and stable coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Risk assessment for recurrent venous thrombosisPaul Alexander Kyrle
Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Lancet 376:2032-9. 2010..Analysis of preliminary data suggests that risk assessment can also be refined through integration of prothrombotic coagulation changes and clinical risk factors...
- Inhibition of growth and aggregation of calcium oxalate crystals in vitro--a comparison of four human proteinsP K Grover
Department of Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Eur J Biochem 253:637-44. 1998..the inhibitory effects of Tamm-Horsfall glycoprotein (THG), human serum albumin (HSA), alpha1-microglobulin and prothrombin fragment 1 (PTF1) on calcium oxalate crystallization...
- Severe venous thromboembolism in a young man with Klinefelter's syndrome and heterozygosis for both G20210A prothrombin and factor V Leiden mutationsMario Lapecorella
Centro Emostasi e Trombosi, Dipartimento di Clinica Medica, Immunologia e Malattie Infettive MIDIM, University of Bari School of Medicine, Italy
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 14:95-8. 2003..Further examinations also showed a double heterozygosis for G20210A prothrombin and factor V Leiden mutations...
- Time-dependent analysis of predisposing factors for the recurrence of hepatocellular carcinomaShouta Iwadou
Department of Internal Medicine, Hiroshima City Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan
Liver Int 30:1027-32. 2010..The aim of this study is to evaluate the predisposing factors after treatments...
- Prothrombin index decrease: a useful and reliable marker of extensive fibrosis?Jean Francois Cadranel
Unité d Hépatologie, Hopital Laennec, BP 72, 60109 Creil Cedex, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:1057-9. 2002..Among those serum markers, we focused on prothrombin index, which seems to be a reliable and non-expansive marker for the diagnosis of extensive fibrosis.
- Factor V Leiden and prothrombin gene G20210A mutations are uncommon in portal vein thrombosis in IndiaSanjay Sharma
Department of Gastroenterology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226 014, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 25:236-9. 2006..The cause of thrombosis in these patients remains unclear. We studied the frequency of mutations in genes for coagulation factors V and II (prothrombin) in 61 Indian patients with PVT and 49 healthy control subjects.
- Prevalence of factor V Leiden, prothrombin and methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase mutations in women with adverse pregnancy outcomes in LebanonLaila F Zahed
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Lebanon
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1114-8. 2006The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of factor V Leiden, prothrombin, and methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase gene mutations in women with adverse pregnancy outcome compared with women who had uneventful pregnancies.
- Prevalence and association of the factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A in healthy subjects and patients with venous thromboembolismD Coen
Clinical Institute of Laboratory Diagnostics, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 42:488-92. 2001To determine the prevalences of factor V Leiden and the G20210A mutation in the prothrombin gene (PT20210A) and the frequency of their association in healthy subjects and in patients with venous thromboembolism (VTE).
- High incidence of factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A in healthy southern ItaliansGianluca Sottilotta
Centro Emofilia, Servizio Emostasi e Trombosi, Azienda Ospedaliera Bianchi Melacrino Morelli, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 15:356-9. 2009Factor V Leiden (FVL) and G20210 prothrombin (FII G20210A) mutations are risk factors for thromboembolism...
- Factor V Leiden G1691A and prothrombin G20210A mutations are common in TunisiaC Frere
J Thromb Haemost 1:2451-2. 2003
- Prevalence of factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A, and MTHFR C677T mutations in 200 healthy JordaniansSuhair S Eid
Molecular Laboratory, King Hussein Medical Centre, Jordan
Clin Lab Sci 17:200-2. 2004..In order to estimate the frequency of the factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A, and MTHFR C677T mutations in the Jordanian population, we screened 200 healthy Jordanian individuals...
- Thrombogenicity of prothrombin complex concentratesM Kohler
Department of Transfusion Medicine, University of Gottingen, Germany
Thromb Res 95:S13-7. 1999Thrombogenicity of factor IX complex or prothrombin complex concentrates (PCC) is a well-acknowledged problem...
- Prevalence of factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutation in a large French population selected for nonthrombotic history: geographical and age distributionElisabeth Mazoyer
Hématologie biologique, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 20:503-10. 2009..Thirty percent of variation in plasma prothrombin level was explained by environmental factors (serum cholesterol, age, oral contraception, hormonal replacement ..
- Prevalence of antiphospholipid antibodies, factor V G1691A (Leiden) and prothrombin G20210A mutations in early and late recurrent pregnancy lossNabil Mtiraoui
Research Unit of Haematological and Autoimmune Diseases, Faculty of Pharmacy, Monastir, Center University, Tunisia
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 119:164-70. 2005..We assessed the prevalence of inherited (FV-Leiden and PRT G20210A), and acquired (anti-PL antibodies) risk factors among habitual aborters in Tunisia...
- Absence of factor V Leiden mutation and low prothrombin G 20210 A mutation prevalence in a healthy Moroccan populationFlorence Mathonnet
Thromb Haemost 88:1073-4. 2002
- Prevalence of two thrombophilia predisposing mutations: factor V G1691A (R506Q; Leiden) and prothrombin G20210A, among healthy LebaneseHala Tamim
Thromb Haemost 88:691-2. 2002
- Impact of infusion speed on the safety and effectiveness of prothrombin complex concentrate: a prospective clinical trial of emergency anticoagulation reversalIngrid Pabinger
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Haematology and Haemostaseology, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ann Hematol 89:309-16. 2010b>Prothrombin complex concentrate (PCC) infusion is preferred for emergency reversal of coumarin therapy...
- Factor V Leiden is associated with pre-eclampsia but not with fetal growth restriction: a genetic association study and meta-analysisT Dudding
Hunter Genetics, Hunter New England Health Service, NSW, Australia
J Thromb Haemost 6:1869-75. 2008..factor V gene, the 1691G to A change (rs6025) located on chromosome 1q23 (factor V Leiden, FVL), and the other in the prothrombin gene, 20210G to A change (rs1799963) on chromosome 11p11-q12 (PT). These results, however, are conflicting.
- Malignancies, prothrombotic mutations, and the risk of venous thrombosisJeanet W Blom
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
JAMA 293:715-22. 2005..Venous thrombosis is a common complication in patients with cancer, leading to additional morbidity and compromising quality of life...
- Staphylocoagulase is a prototype for the mechanism of cofactor-induced zymogen activationRainer Friedrich
Abteilung Strukturforschung, Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Nature 425:535-9. 2003..human pathogen implicated in sepsis and endocarditis, secretes the cofactor staphylocoagulase, which activates prothrombin, without the usual proteolytic cleavages, to directly initiate blood clotting. Here we present the 2...
- Lipoprotein (a) and genetic polymorphisms of clotting factor V, prothrombin, and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase are risk factors of spontaneous ischemic stroke in childhoodU Nowak-Gottl
Department of Paediatrics, Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine and Institute of Arteriosclerosis Research, Westphalian Wilhelms University Münster, Germany
Blood 94:3678-82. 1999..lipoprotein (a) [Lp(a)] levels >30 mg/dL; for the presence of the factor V (FV) G1691A mutation, the prothrombin (PT) G20210A variant, and the TT677 genotype of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR); and deficiencies ..
- Exosite-driven substrate specificity and function in coagulationS Krishnaswamy
Joseph Stokes Research Institute, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Thromb Haemost 3:54-67. 2005..Exosite-driven enzymic function probably represents a widely employed biological strategy for the achievement of high macromolecular substrate specificity...
- Prothrombin gene G20210A mutation and obstetric complicationsRobert M Silver
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Obstet Gynecol 115:14-20. 2010To estimate whether maternal carriage of the prothrombin gene G20210A mutation is associated with pregnancy loss, preeclampsia, placental abruption, or small for gestational age (SGA) neonates in a low-risk, prospective cohort.
- Risk for subsequent venous thromboembolic complications in carriers of the prothrombin or the factor V gene mutation with a first episode of deep-vein thrombosisP Simioni
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Second Chair of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Padua, Italy
Blood 96:3329-33. 2000Carriers of a mutation in the prothrombin (clotting factor II) or factor V gene have a 2- to 4-fold greater risk for venous thromboembolism than subjects without the mutations...
- Antiprothrombin antibodies detected in two different assay systems. Prevalence and clinical significance in systemic lupus erythematosusMaria Laura Bertolaccini
Lupus Research Unit, The Rayne Institute, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
Thromb Haemost 93:289-97. 2005..Results show that anti-prothrombin antibodies were found in 47% of the patients (aPT in 31% and aPS-PT in 31%)...
- The G20210A prothrombin-gene mutation and the plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) 5G/5G genotype are associated with early onset of severe preeclampsiaA Gerhardt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Heinrich Heine University Medical Center, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Thromb Haemost 3:686-91. 2005..9, 95% confidence interval (CI) 0.4, 2.2; prothrombin mutation, OR 1.9, 95% CI 0.5, 7.0; methylentetrahydrofolate reductase 677TT genotype, OR 0.8, 95% CI 0.4, 1...
- Preparation of recombinant alpha-thrombin: high-level expression of recombinant human prethrombin-2 and its activation by recombinant ecarinHiroshi Yonemura
Applied Research Department, The Chemo Sero Therapeutic Research Institute Kaketsuken, Kawabe, Kyokushi, Kikuchi, Kumamoto 869 1298
J Biochem 135:577-82. 2004..Our system is suitable for the large-scale production of recombinant alpha-thrombin, which can be used in place of clinically available alpha-thrombin derived from human or bovine plasma...
- Structural basis for reduced staphylocoagulase-mediated bovine prothrombin activationRainer Friedrich
Proteinase Research Group, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:1188-95. 2006Staphylocoagulase (SC) is a protein secreted by the human pathogen, Staphylococcus aureus, that activates human prothrombin (ProT) by inducing a conformational change...
- Venous thromboembolism, oral contraceptives and high prothrombin levelsC Legnani
Unità di Ricerca Clinica sulla Trombofilia Marino Golinelli, Dipartimento Cardiovascolare, Divisione di Angiologia, Azienda Ospedaliera di Bologna, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 1:112-7. 2003The G20210A prothrombin mutation, associated with elevated prothrombin levels, is a risk factor for venous thromboembolism (VTE) and displays a strong interaction with oral contraceptives (OC)...
- Distinct association of factor V-Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutations with deep venous thrombosis in Tunisia and LebanonLobna Bouaziz-Borgi
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Monastir, Tunisia
Am J Hematol 81:641-3. 2006Factor V G1691A (FV-Leiden) and prothrombin (PRT) G20210A single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) were associated with venous thrombosis among Caucasians...
- Factor V Leiden and prothrombin gene mutation may predispose to paradoxical embolism in subjects with patent foramen ovaleVesa Karttunen
Department of Neurology, Oulu University Central Hospital, Box 25, FIN 90029 Oulu, Finland
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 14:261-8. 2003..We assessed the occurrence of several prothrombotic states (factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A, deficiencies in protein S, protein C and antithrombin, lupus anticoagulant, anticardiolipin antibodies,..
- Warfarin-reversal: results of a phase III study with pasteurised, nanofiltrated prothrombin complex concentrateIngrid Pabinger-Fasching
Haematology and Haemostaseology Division, Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Thromb Res 122:S19-22. 2008Bleeding can be a major problem in patients on oral anticoagulation therapy. Beriplex P/N is a prothrombin complex concentrate (PCC) that has been developed for the rapid reversal of anticoagulation in patients requiring immediate ..
- Predictive value of factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A in adults with venous thromboembolism and in family members of those with a mutation: a systematic reviewJodi B Segal
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
JAMA 301:2472-85. 2009..Testing for genetic risks for venous thromboembolism (VTE) is common, but the safety and utility of such testing need review...
- MTHFR C677TT, PAI1 4G-4G, V Leiden Q506, and prothrombin G20210A in hepatocellular carcinoma with and without portal vein thrombosisMario D'Amico
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
J Thromb Thrombolysis 28:70-3. 2009We studied thrombophilic genetic factors (TGFs) MTHFR C677TT, PAI1 4G-4G, V Leiden Q506, prothrombin G20210A as risk factors in 94 patients with HCC with and without portal vein thrombosis (PVT), compared with 214 patients with liver ..
- Acquired activated protein C resistance associated with IgG antibodies against beta2-glycoprotein I and prothrombin as a strong risk factor for venous thromboembolismJunzo Nojima
Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Clin Chem 51:545-52. 2005..Our aim was to clarify the roles of anti-phospholipid (aPL) antibodies in the pathogenesis of venous thromboembolism (VTE) in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Prothrombin haplotype associated with kidney stone disease in Northeastern Thai patientsNanyawan Rungroj
Division of Medical Molecular Biology, Department of Research and Development, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Urology 77:249.e17-23. 2011..To evaluate genetic variations associated with kidney stone disease in Northeastern Thai patients...
- Significance of alpha-fetoprotein and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma undergoing hepatectomyKentaroh Yamamoto
Department of Surgery, Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery Division, Artificial Organ and Transplantation Division, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2795-804. 2009Alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) are well-known tumor markers of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Prothrombin binds to the surface of apoptotic, but not viable, cells and serves as a target of lupus anticoagulant autoantibodiesPaolo D'Agnillo
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Research Institute of the McGill University Health Center, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Immunol 170:3408-22. 2003..Most LA Ab are specific for either beta(2)-glycoprotein I (beta(2)GPI) or prothrombin (PT), two PL-binding proteins...
- Heterozygous prothrombin G20210A gene mutation in a patient with livedoid vasculitisJason Gotlib
Arch Dermatol 139:1081-3. 2003
- Linkage analysis demonstrates that the prothrombin G20210A mutation jointly influences plasma prothrombin levels and risk of thrombosisJ M Soria
Unitat d Hemostàsia i Trombosi Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Blood 95:2780-5. 2000Association studies suggest that the G20210A mutation (G to A substitution at nucleotide position 20210) in the prothrombin gene (PT) is associated with increased plasma prothrombin activity and with increased risk for venous ..
- G20210A mutation in the prothrombin gene and the risk of recurrent venous thromboembolismJ S Miles
Leducq Center for Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology of Cardiovascular Disorders, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 37:215-8. 2001The study was done to determine whether the G20210A mutation in the prothrombin gene increases the risk of recurrent venous thromboembolism (VTE), both alone and in combination with factor V Leiden.
- Nucleotide sequence of the gene for human prothrombinS J Degen
Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio
Biochemistry 26:6165-77. 1987A human genomic DNA library was screened for the gene coding for human prothrombin with a cDNA coding for the human protein. Eighty-one positive lambda phage were identified, and three were chosen for further characterization...
- Vascular behcet and mutations in thrombogenic genes: methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase, factor V, and prothrombinEfrat Dagan
Department of Nursing, University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 16:30-5. 2012..inherited gene defects, factor V (FV) 1691A (Leiden), methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) 677T, and prothrombin 20210A, are known risk factors for thrombosis...
- Abnormal melt curve profile during prothrombin 20210G --> A analysis due to the 20209C --> T variantS Terence Dunn
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Department of Pathology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 17:599-602. 2006....
- Early on-treatment predictions of clinical outcomes using alpha-fetoprotein and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin responses in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinomaMyoung Ha Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:313-22. 2012The clinical utility of alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) and des-γ-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) as a predictor of treatment outcome in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) receiving hepatic artery infusional chemotherapy (HAIC) or ..
- Update on the mechanism of action and future of activated prothrombin complex concentratesPeter L Turecek
Baxter BioScience, Industriestrasse 67, A 1220 Vienna, Austria
Curr Hematol Rep 3:331-7. 2004Activated prothrombin complex concentrates (aPCCs) are an established treatment for bleeding in patients with inhibitors...
- Evaluation of prothrombin complex concentrate and recombinant activated factor VII to reverse rivaroxaban in a rabbit modelAnne Godier
Department of Anaesthesia and Critical Care, Paris Descartes University, Hotel Dieu University Hospital, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 116:94-102. 2012..Objectives were to study efficacy and safety of recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa) and prothrombin complex concentrate (PCC) to reverse the anticoagulant effect of an overdose of rivaroxaban in a rabbit model ..
- The association of factor V Leiden with myocardial infarction is replicated in 1880 patients with premature diseaseP M Mannucci
Centro Emofilia e Trombosi A Bianchi Bonomi, Scientific Direction, IRCCS Fondazione Cà Granda Ospedale Maggiore, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 8:2116-21. 2010....
- Isolation and characterization of cotiaractivase, a novel low molecular weight prothrombin activator from the venom of Bothrops cotiaraYotis A Senis
Centre for Cardiovascular Sciences, Institute of Biomedical Research, University of Birmingham, Wolfson Drive, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1764:863-71. 2006In this study, we isolated a novel prothrombin activator from the venom of Bothrops cotiara, a Brazilian lance-headed pit viper (Cotiara, Jararaca preta, Biocotiara), which we have designated "cotiaractivase" (prefix: cotiar- from B...
- The G20210A prothrombin polymorphism is not associated with increased thromboembolic risk in a large protein C deficient kindredE G Bovill
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405, USA
Thromb Haemost 83:366-70. 2000Likelihood analysis was used to test the effect of the G20210A prothrombin mutation and the His107Pro protein C mutation (resulting from a C insertion) on thrombosis status and prothrombin level in a large kindred of French Canadian ..
- Abnormalities of prothrombin: a review of the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatmentS L Meeks
Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta and Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Haemophilia 14:1159-63. 2008b>Prothrombin (factor II) deficiency is a rare autosomal recessive coagulation disorder that occurs in approximately 1 in 1-2 million people...
- A prospective study of antibodies to beta2-glycoprotein I and prothrombin, and risk of thrombosisR Forastiero
Division of Hematology, Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Institute of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, Favaloro Foundation, Favaloro University, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Thromb Haemost 3:1231-8. 2005..We assessed the contribution of antibodies to beta2-glycoprotein I (anti-beta2GPI) and prothrombin (anti-PT) to the thrombotic risk in a cohort of 194 consecutive patients with persistent LA and/or aCL...
- Increased fibrosis progression rates in hepatitis C patients carrying the prothrombin G20210A mutationNitsan Maharshak
Department of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, affiliated to the Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, 64239 Tel Aviv, Israel
World J Gastroenterol 17:5007-13. 2011..To examine whether hepatitis C virus (HCV)-infected patients who carry hypercoagulable mutations suffer from increased rates of liver fibrosis...
- Factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A, and protein C mutation frequency in Turkish venous thrombosis patientsJulide Altinisik
Department of Medical Biology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 14:415-20. 2008..of venous thrombosis, including mutation at codon 506 of the factor V gene, mutation at position 20210 of the prothrombin gene, and mutations in the protein C gene...
- Prothrombin G20210A and factor V Leiden polymorphisms in strokeThierry Paluku They-They
Laboratory of Genetic and Molecular Pathology, Medical School, Hassan II University, 19, rue Tarik Ibn Ziad, BP 9154, 10000, Casablanca, Morocco
J Mol Neurosci 46:210-6. 2012..matched 1:2 for their age, gender, and ethnic background to 182 healthy controls who were genotyped for the prothrombin G20210A mutation and factor V (FV) Leiden and were assessed for conventional risk factors for stroke...
- Combined factor V Leiden and prothrombin genotyping in patients presenting with thromboembolic episodesJ A Friedline
Kennewick, Wash, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 125:105-11. 2001Several genetic defects are associated with increased risk of venous thrombosis. The factor V Leiden (FVL) and prothrombin G20210A mutations are the most frequent causes of inherited thrombophilia.
- No association of plasma prothrombin concentration or the G20210A mutation with incident cardiovascular disease: results from the Cardiovascular Health StudyAdam M Smiles
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, USA
Thromb Haemost 87:614-21. 2002b>Prothrombin is a key factor in blood clotting, a process intimately involved in thrombotic disease. We assessed prothrombin levels and G20210A genotype in a case-control study within the Cardiovascular Health Study...
- Des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin increases the expression of angiogenic factors in human hepatocellular carcinoma cellsFu Jun Gao
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, 250012, China
Life Sci 83:815-20. 2008Des-gamma-carboxyl prothrombin (DCP) is a serum protein produced by hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells. The aim of this study was to evaluate the angiogenic activity of DCP in HCC cells.
- Combined therapy with ramipril and simvastatin has beneficial additive effects on tissue factor activity and prothrombin fragment 1+2 in patients with type 2 diabetesKwang Kon Koh
Cardiology, Laboratory Medicine, Gachon Medical School, Incheon, Republic of Korea
Atherosclerosis 194:230-7. 2007..64 to 0.43 nM, P<0.001). All three therapies significantly reduced prothrombin fragment 1+2 (F1+2) levels from their respective baselines (P=0.037, P<0.001, and P=0.057, respectively)...
- Heterozygous prothrombin 20210G/A mutation, associated with hyperhomocysteinemia, and homozygous methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase 677C/T mutation, in a patient with portal and mesenteric venous thrombosisIhab I Elhajj
Department of Internal Medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center AUBMC, Beirut, Lebanon
Hematol J 5:540-2. 2004....
- Des-γ-carboxyl prothrombin induces matrix metalloproteinase activity in hepatocellular carcinoma cells by involving the ERK1/2 MAPK signalling pathwayPan Yue
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shandong University, Jinan, China
Eur J Cancer 47:1115-24. 2011Des-γ-carboxy prothrombin (DCP), an aberrant prothrombin produced by hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells, has been shown to be associated with the biological malignant potential of HCC...
- Factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutations in young adults with cryptogenic ischemic strokeJusto Aznar
La Fe University Hospital, Department of Clinical Pathology, Avd Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
Thromb Haemost 91:1031-4. 2004The association between factor V Leiden (FVL) and prothrombin G20210A (PT 20210) mutations and ischemic stroke remains controversial, particularly in young adults with cryptogenic stroke. Prevalence of FVL (4.1%) and PT 20210 (8...
- The predictors of microvascular invasion in candidates for liver transplantation with hepatocellular carcinoma-with special reference to the serum levels of des-gamma-carboxy prothrombinKen Shirabe
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Surg Oncol 95:235-40. 2007..The size and histological grade of the tumor were significantly correlated with the mvi. The des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) is a mvi predictor...
- Prothrombin 20210A mutation: a mild risk factor for venous thromboembolism but not for arterial thrombotic disease and pregnancy-related complications in a family studyIvan Bank
Department of Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Intern Med 164:1932-7. 2004The prothrombin 20210A mutation has been associated with an increased risk of venous thromboembolism (VTE). Its relationship with arterial disease and pregnancy-related complications is, however, still uncertain...
- Factor V Leiden and prothrombin gene 20210A variant in neonatal thromboembolism and in healthy neonates and adults: a study in a single centerBegum Atasay
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 20:627-34. 2003..Investigations included screening for factor V 1691A and prothrombin 20210A. Seven of 9 neonates had one or more risk factors at the time of thromboembolism...
- Factor V Leiden and the prothrombin 20210A gene mutation and osteonecrosis of the kneeAnders Bjorkman
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital Malmo, 20502, Malmo, Sweden
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 125:51-5. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine the association between osteonecrosis of the knee and abnormalities in the thrombotic pathway in the form of factor V Leiden and the prothrombin 20210A gene mutation.
- Prothrombin fragment 1+2 in urine as an indicator of sustained coagulation activation after total hip arthroplastyLars C Borris
Department of Orthopaedics, Section of Traumatology, Arhus University Hospital, Arhus
Thromb Res 121:369-76. 2007b>Prothrombin fragment 1+2 measured in spot urine (uF1+2) is an indicator of thrombin generation...
- Dual Direct Inhibitors of Thrombin and Factor XaUMESH RAMANLAL DESAI; Fiscal Year: 2010..1) Sulfated DHPs (CDs, FDs and SDs) prolong prothrombin time at concentrations 2-6-fold below that of the clinically used LMWH enoxaparin, while in the activated ..
- Dual Direct Inhibitors of Thrombin and Factor XaUmesh Desai; Fiscal Year: 2009..1) Sulfated DHPs (CDs, FDs and SDs) prolong prothrombin time at concentrations 2-6-fold below that of the clinically used LMWH enoxaparin, while in the activated ..
- Improved liver function and regeneration with A20Christiane Ferran; Fiscal Year: 2006..Mice expressing A20 maintain normal liver function as assessed by prothrombin time while controls suffer from a severe bleeding diathesis...
- Improved liver function and regeneration with A20Christiane Ferran; Fiscal Year: 2003..Mice expressing A20 maintain normal liver function as assessed by prothrombin time while controls suffer from a severe bleeding diathesis...
- Lipid Regulation of Thrombin GenerationBarry R Lentz; Fiscal Year: 2010Thrombin, the central regulatory molecule of blood coagulation, is produced by prothrombin (II) proteolysis by a platelet-membrane-bound enzyme (factor Xa) and its associated cofactor (factor Va)...
- Physiology and Molecular Biology of Factor XIDavid Gailani; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim 1, we address the hypotheses that fXI is activated by -thrombin in plasma, and that other products of prothrombin activation, such as meizothrombin and -thrombin, activate fXI...
- Physiology and Molecular Biology of Factor XIDavid Gailani; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Aim 1, we address the hypotheses that fXI is activated by -thrombin in plasma, and that other products of prothrombin activation, such as meizothrombin and -thrombin, activate fXI...
- METAL DEPENDENT COMPLEXES IN BLOOD COAGULATIONBarbara Furie; Fiscal Year: 2002..This application explores the phospholipid binding specificity of prothrombin and the nature of the prothrombin-membrane binding site...
- ANTIBODIES WITH PROTHROMBINASE ACTIVITY IN LUPUSPerumal Thiagarajan; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Prothrombin is the precursor of thrombin, the central enzyme in blood coagulation...
- Lipid Regulation of Thrombin GenerationBarry R Lentz; Fiscal Year: 2010Thrombin, the central regulatory molecule of blood coagulation, is produced by prothrombin (II) proteolysis by a platelet-membrane-bound enzyme (factor Xa) and its associated cofactor (factor Va)...
- FACTOR VA INTERACTIONS REGULATING PROTHROMBIN ACTIVATIONPaul Bock; Fiscal Year: 2007..mechanisms of the procoagulant activation of human factor V, factor Va cofactor activity in regulating prothrombin (ProT) activation, and the mechanism of the anticoagulant inactivation of factor Va by activated protein C (ARC)..
- FACTOR VA INTERACTIONS REGULATING PROTHROMBIN ACTIVATIONPaul E Bock; Fiscal Year: 2010..mechanisms of the procoagulant activation of human factor V, factor Va cofactor activity in regulating prothrombin (ProT) activation, and the mechanism of the anticoagulant inactivation of factor Va by activated protein C (ARC)..
- FACTOR XI PHYSIOLOGY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGYDavid Gailani; Fiscal Year: 2004..In contrast to the vitamin K-dependent proteins (prothrombin and factors VII, IX, and X), factor XI lacks a calcium binding Gla domain...
- Structure/Function Study of the Anticoagulant Protein SAlan Rigby; Fiscal Year: 2005..The penultimate step in blood coagulation is the conversion of prothrombin to thrombin, which is then responsible for the conversion of fibrinogen to fibrin...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF HUMAN COAGULATION FACTOR VWILLIAM KANE; Fiscal Year: 1993..In order to understand the mechanisms by which the activation of prothrombin is regulated we have undertaken an investigation of the structure and function of the factor V molecule...
- Mechanisms linking the hemostatic protease thrombin to arthritic diseaseMatthew J Flick; Fiscal Year: 2010..Activation of the hemostatic system and the subsequent conversion of prothrombin to the active serine protease thrombin is a prominent feature of RA...
- MUTATIONS, HORMONE THERAPY, AND VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISMBruce Psaty; Fiscal Year: 2001..between hormone replacement therapy and the prothrombotic mutations, Factor V Leiden and the recently described prothrombin mutation (20210A) on the incidence of VTE in a population-based case-control study conducted at Group Health ..
- Functional Domains of Coagulation Factor VMichael Kalafatis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Both chains of the cofactor interact with factor Xa while only the heavy chain of the cofactor binds prothrombin. The factor Va cofactor activity is efficiently down-regulated following proteolysis of the heavy chain by ..
- Biomakers in Sickle Cell Anemia: Response to HydroxyureaMarie Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2004..Markers of coagulation activation will include whole blood tissue factor activity (WBTF) and prothrombin fragment F1.2 levels...
- PROTEINS OF COAGULATION PATHWAYSJohn Griffin; Fiscal Year: 1999..to C4BP; and iii) similarly, residues on the surface of factor Va are essential for its binding to protein S, prothrombin and factor Xa...
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF HEMOSTASIS IN PERSONS OVER 65Russell Tracy; Fiscal Year: 1993..and fibrinolysis in individuals 65 years and older: measures of pro-coagulation (factor antigen VII, prothrombin fragment 1...