Genomes and Genes
Summary: A plasma protein that is the inactive precursor of thrombin. It is converted to thrombin by a prothrombin activator complex consisting of factor Xa, factor V, phospholipid, and calcium ions. Deficiency of prothrombin leads to hypoprothrombinemia.
Publications359 found, 100 shown here
- Prothrombin/thrombin and the thrombin receptors PAR-1 and PAR-4 in the brain: localization, expression and participation in neurodegenerative diseasesElena Sokolova
Otto von Guericke Universitaet Magdeburg, Medizinische Fakultat, Institut fur Neurobiochemie, Leipziger Strasse 44, Magdeburg, Germany
Thromb Haemost 100:576-81. 2008..Both prothrombin and its active form thrombin have been detected locally in the brain...
- Goal-directed coagulation management of major trauma patients using thromboelastometry (ROTEM)-guided administration of fibrinogen concentrate and prothrombin complex concentrateHerbert Schöchl
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, AUVA Trauma Hospital, Dr Franz Rehrl Platz 5, Salzburg, Austria
Crit Care 14:R55. 2010..The appropriate strategy for trauma-induced coagulopathy management is under debate. We report the treatment of major trauma using mainly coagulation factor concentrates...
- Clinical and molecular insights into the hepatocellular carcinoma tumour marker des-γ-carboxyprothrombinYoshinori Inagaki
Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery Division, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Liver Int 31:22-35. 2011..However, various issues have to be resolved to construct a novel therapy for HCC-targeting DCP. Innovation is required to make further progress in examining DCP...
- Alpha-fetoprotein, des-gamma carboxyprothrombin, and lectin-bound alpha-fetoprotein in early hepatocellular carcinomaJorge A Marrero
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Gastroenterology 137:110-8. 2009..Des-gamma carboxy-prothrombin (DCP) and lectin-bound AFP (AFP-L3%) are potential surveillance tests for HCC...
- In vivo detection of Staphylococcus aureus endocarditis by targeting pathogen-specific prothrombin activationPeter Panizzi
Center for Systems Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 17:1142-6. 2011..Here we report that an engineered analog of prothrombin could be used to detect S...
- Significance of alpha-fetoprotein and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma undergoing hepatectomyKentaroh Yamamoto
Department of Surgery, Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery Division, Artificial Organ and Transplantation Division, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2795-804. 2009Alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) are well-known tumor markers of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Increased efficiency of mRNA 3' end formation: a new genetic mechanism contributing to hereditary thrombophiliaN H Gehring
Department of Pediatrics, , Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Nat Genet 28:389-92. 2001The G-->A mutation at position 20210 of the prothrombin or coagulation factor II gene (F2) represents a common genetic risk factor for the occurrence of thromboembolic events...
- Decreased inhibitory activity of prothrombin to calcium oxalate crystallization by specific chemical modification of its gamma-carboxyglutamic acid residuesJihong Liu
Department of Urology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Urology 67:201-3. 2006To investigate the inhibitory role of gamma (gamma)-carboxyglutamic acid (Gla) in the Gla domain of urinary prothrombin in the formation of calcium oxalate crystals.
- Des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin as an important prognostic indicator in patients with small hepatocellular carcinomaKenichi Hakamada
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, Hirosaki 036 8562, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 14:1370-7. 2008To clarify the effect of a high des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) level on the invasiveness and prognosis of small hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Simultaneous activation of complement and coagulation by MBL-associated serine protease 2Anders Krarup
MRC Immunochemistry Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 2:e623. 2007..We have shown that MASP2 is capable of promoting fibrinogen turnover by cleavage of prothrombin, generating thrombin...
- Prevalence of angiotensin-converting enzyme, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase, Factor V Leiden, prothrombin and apolipoprotein E gene polymorphisms in MoroccoThierry Paluku They-They
Laboratoire de Génétique Médicale et Pathologie Moléculaire LGPM, Faculté de Médecine et de Pharmacie Casablanca, 19 rue Tarik Ibn Ziad, Casablanca, Morocco
Ann Hum Biol 37:767-77. 2010..These genetic factors are involved in several pathways affecting blood pressure regulation, blood coagulation, homocysteine and lipid metabolisms...
- Varied prevalence of factor V G1691A (Leiden) and prothrombin G20210A single nucleotide polymorphisms among ArabsWassim Y Almawi
Al Jawhara Center for Molecular Medicine, Genetics and Inherited Diseases, College of Medicine and Medical Sciences, Arabian Gulf University, Manama, Bahrain
J Thromb Thrombolysis 20:163-8. 2005Factor V G1691A (FV-Leiden) and prothrombin (PRT) G20210A single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) are major inherited risk factors of venous thromboembolism...
- AFP, AFP-L3, DCP, and GP73 as markers for monitoring treatment response and recurrence and as surrogate markers of clinicopathological variables of HCCKentaroh Yamamoto
Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery Division, Artificial Organ and Transplantation Division, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:1272-82. 2010Alpha-fetoprotein (AFP), lens culinaris agglutinin-reactive fraction of AFP (AFP-L3), des-γ-carboxy prothrombin (DCP), and Golgi protein-73 (GP73) have been used or proposed as tumor markers for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- Des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin and alpha-fetoprotein as biomarkers for the early detection of hepatocellular carcinomaAnna S Lok
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Gastroenterology 138:493-502. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare the accuracy of alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) in the early diagnosis of HCC.
- Prognostic and diagnostic value of des-γ-carboxy prothrombin in liver cancerGaetano Bertino
Department of Internal Medicine and Systemic Diseases, Santa Marta Hospital, Catania University, Catania, Italy
Drug News Perspect 23:498-508. 2010Des-γ-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) is an abnormal prothrombin induced by the absence of vitamin K₂ that is increased in the serum of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Des-gamma-carboxyprothrombin, alpha-fetoprotein and AFP-L3 in patients with chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinomaFrancisco A Durazo
The Pfleger Liver Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1541-8. 2008....
- A common genetic variation in the 3'-untranslated region of the prothrombin gene is associated with elevated plasma prothrombin levels and an increase in venous thrombosisS R Poort
Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Center, Leiden University Hospital, The Netherlands
Blood 88:3698-703. 1996We have examined the prothrombin gene as a candidate gene for venous thrombosis in selected patients with a documented familial history of venous thrombophilia...
- Des-gamma carboxyprothrombin can differentiate hepatocellular carcinoma from nonmalignant chronic liver disease in american patientsJorge A Marrero
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Hepatology 37:1114-21. 2003..Des-gamma carboxy-prothrombin (DCP) has been reported to be more sensitive and specific for the diagnosis of HCC in Japanese patients ..
- The direct thrombin inhibitor hirudinAndreas Greinacher
Institute for Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Sauerbruchstrasse, 17489 Greifswald, Germany
Thromb Haemost 99:819-29. 2008..Drawbacks of hirudin and important precautions for avoiding potential adverse effects are discussed in detail in the third part of this review...
- Characterization of 'basparin A,' a prothrombin-activating metalloproteinase, from the venom of the snake Bothrops asper that inhibits platelet aggregation and induces defibrination and thrombosisGilbert D Loría
Instituto Clodomiro Picado, Universidad de Costa Rica, San Jose, Costa Rica
Arch Biochem Biophys 418:13-24. 2003A prothrombin activator, named 'basparin A,' was isolated from the venom of the crotaline snake Bothrops asper, the species responsible for the majority of snakebite cases in Central America. It is an acidic (pI 5...
- gamma-Carboxyglutamic acid content of hepatocellular carcinoma-associated des-gamma-carboxy prothrombinToru Naraki
Tsukuba Research Laboratories, Eisai Co, Ltd, 1 3 Tokodai 5 chome, Ibaraki 300 2635, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1586:287-98. 2002Serum des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) is a useful marker for the diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), but the exact mechanism of its synthesis and its structural properties in liver diseases are unknown...
- Low prevalence of large intraventricular haemorrhage in very low birthweight infants carrying the factor V Leiden or prothrombin G20210A mutationW Gopel
Department of Pediatrics, University of Lubeck, Germany
Acta Paediatr 90:1021-4. 2001..This study investigated the frequency and effect of the factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutations in a population-based cohort of 305 preterm infants with a birthweight below 1500 g...
- Des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin identified by P-11 and P-16 antibodies reflects prognosis for patients with hepatocellular carcinomaSatoru Takeji
Department of Gastroenterology and Metabology, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Toon, Ehime, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 28:671-7. 2013Serum des-γ-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) is an established tumor marker in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), which can be identified by using MU-3 antibody...
- Reversal of dabigatran anticoagulation by prothrombin complex concentrate (Beriplex P/N) in a rabbit modelI Pragst
CSL Behring GmbH, Marburg Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Biberach, Germany
J Thromb Haemost 10:1841-8. 2012..b>Prothrombin complex concentrates (PCCs) have served as a standard treatment for the reversal of coumarin anticoagulation.
- Risk of recurrent venous thromboembolism in patients with common thrombophilia: a systematic reviewWai Khoon Ho
Department of Haematology, Royal Perth Hospital and Centre for Clinical Research Excellence, University of Western Australia, Perth
Arch Intern Med 166:729-36. 2006..polymorphisms that predispose to a first episode of venous thromboembolism (VTE) are factor V Leiden (FVL) and prothrombin G20210A. However, the effect of these polymorphisms on the risk of recurrent VTE is unclear...
- Genetic elimination of prothrombin in adult mice is not compatible with survival and results in spontaneous hemorrhagic events in both heart and brainEric S Mullins
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH 45229 3039, USA
Blood 113:696-704. 2009Mice carrying a conditional prothrombin knockout allele (fII(lox)) were established to develop an experimental setting for exploring the importance of thrombin in the maintenance of vascular integrity, the inflammatory response, and ..
- p38 MAPK controls prothrombin expression by regulated RNA 3' end processingSven Danckwardt
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology, and Immunology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell 41:298-310. 2011..Although induced in many (patho-)physiological conditions, the underlying mechanisms controlling prothrombin expression remained enigmatic...
- Cytoskeletal changes during epithelial-to-fibroblastoid conversion as a crucial mechanism of des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin production in hepatocellular carcinomaKazumoto Murata
Center for Community Medicine, Jichi Medical University, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Int J Oncol 35:1005-14. 2009Des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) is a well-established tumor marker for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), but the precise mechanism by which HCC cells produce DCP remains unknown...
- Purification and functional characterization of bothrojaractivase, a prothrombin-activating metalloproteinase isolated from Bothrops jararaca snake venomMarkus Berger
Laboratório de Bioquímica Farmacológica, Centro de Biotecnologia Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Av Bento Goncalves, 9500, P O Box 15005, 91501 970 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Toxicon 51:488-501. 2008..In this study, we purified and characterized a prothrombin activator from B. jararaca that is probably involved in these clinical manifestations...
- Prevalence of factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutations in Chinese patients with deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolismZ J Jun
China Japan Union Hospital, Ji Lin University, Changchun, China
Clin Lab Haematol 28:111-6. 2006..Several genetic risk factors, especially factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutations have been reported to be related to VTE in Caucasians, but the relationship remains ..
- D-dimer and prothrombin fragment 1 + 2 predict venous thromboembolism in patients with cancer: results from the Vienna Cancer and Thrombosis StudyCihan Ay
Clinical Division of Haematology and Haemostaseology, Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer GuerA 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Clin Oncol 27:4124-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate D-dimer and prothrombin fragment 1 + 2 (F 1 + 2), which reflect activation of blood coagulation and fibrinolysis, for prediction of ..
- Significance of antiprothrombin antibodies in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: clinical evaluation of the antiprothrombin assay and the antiphosphatidylserine/prothrombin assay, and comparison with other antiphospholipid antibody assaysAkito Tsutsumi
Division of Clinical Immunology, Major of Advanced Biomedical Applications, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, 305 8575, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 16:158-64. 2006Antibodies against prothrombin are detected by enzyme immunoassays (EIA) in sera of patients with antiphospholipid syndrome (APS)...
- Evaluation of prothrombin complex concentrate and recombinant activated factor VII to reverse rivaroxaban in a rabbit modelAnne Godier
Department of Anaesthesia and Critical Care, Paris Descartes University, Hotel Dieu University Hospital, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 116:94-102. 2012..Objectives were to study efficacy and safety of recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa) and prothrombin complex concentrate (PCC) to reverse the anticoagulant effect of an overdose of rivaroxaban in a rabbit model ..
- Combined measurement of preoperative α-fetoprotein and des-γ-carboxy prothrombin predicts recurrence after curative resection in patients with hepatitis-B-related hepatocellular carcinomaYoung Eun Chon
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Int J Cancer 131:2332-41. 2012Alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) and des-γ-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) are widely used complementary tumor markers for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- The presence of anti-phosphatidylserine/prothrombin antibodies as risk factor for both arterial and venous thrombosis in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusJunzo Nojima
Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Haematologica 91:699-702. 2006..I antibodies (anti-beta2-GPI), antiprothrombin antibodies (anti-PT), and anti-phosphatidylserine/prothrombin antibodies (anti-PS/PT) in 175 patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) comprising 67 patients with ..
- Prevalence of antibodies to prothrombin in solid phase (aPT) and to phosphatidylserine-prothrombin complex (aPS/PT) in patients with and without lupus anticoagulantMaria Laura Bertolaccini
Lupus Research Unit, The Rayne Institute, Division of Women s Health, King s College London, 4th Floor Lambeth Wing, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
Thromb Haemost 109:207-13. 2013Antibodies to prothrombin in solid phase (aPT) and those to phosphatidiyserine-prothrombin complex (aPS/PT) have been suggested to strongly correlate with the presence of lupus anticoagulant (LA)...
- Linkage analysis demonstrates that the prothrombin G20210A mutation jointly influences plasma prothrombin levels and risk of thrombosisJ M Soria
Unitat d Hemostàsia i Trombosi Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Blood 95:2780-5. 2000Association studies suggest that the G20210A mutation (G to A substitution at nucleotide position 20210) in the prothrombin gene (PT) is associated with increased plasma prothrombin activity and with increased risk for venous ..
- The intronic prothrombin 19911A>G polymorphism influences splicing efficiency and modulates effects of the 20210G>A polymorphism on mRNA amount and expression in a stable reporter gene assay systemNicolas von Ahsen
Georg August University, Department of Clinical Chemistry, Robert Koch Str 40, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Blood 103:586-93. 2004The common prothrombin gene cleavage site mutation 20210G>A is associated with elevated prothrombin levels and thrombosis...
- Frequency of factor V, prothrombin and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene variants in preeclampsiaAngela V D'Elia
Department of Biomedical Science and Technology, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Gynecol Obstet Invest 53:84-7. 2002The association between thrombophilic variants (Leiden mutation of the factor V gene, G20210A mutation of the prothrombin gene and C677T polymorphism of the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) gene) with preeclampsia was ..
- In vitro assessment, using thrombin generation, of the applicability of prothrombin complex concentrate as an antidote for RivaroxabanJ Dinkelaar
Haematology and Clinical Chemistry Laboratory, Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 11:1111-8. 2013..At present no antidote is appointed and no guidelines have been formulated for the measurement of Rivaroxaban reversal...
- Effect of prothrombin and its activation fragments on calcium oxalate crystal growth and aggregation in undiluted human urine in vitro: relationship between protein structure and inhibitory activityPhulwinder K Grover
Urology Unit, Department of Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042, Australia
Clin Sci (Lond) 102:425-34. 2002In recent years there has been great interest in the putative role of prothrombin and its activation peptides, especially the urinary form of prothrombin fragment 1, in the pathogenesis of calcium oxalate (CaOx) urolithiasis...
- Clinical characteristics and prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma with different sets of serum AFP and PIVKA-II levelsSe Hun Kang
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College, Seoul, Korea
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:849-56. 2012Fetoprotein (AFP) and prothrombin induced by the absence of vitamin K or antagonist-II (PIVKA-II) are useful tumor markers for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Geographic distribution of the 20210 G to A prothrombin variantF R Rosendaal
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 79:706-8. 1998A variant in prothrombin (clotting factor II), a G to A transition at nucleotide position 20210, has recently been shown to be associated with the prothrombin plasma levels and the risk of both venous and arterial thrombosis...
- Comparison of clinicopathological features of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma seropositive for alpha-fetoprotein alone and those seropositive for des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin aloneH Okuda
Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:1290-6. 2001..of the clinicopathological features of HCC patients who are seropositive for alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) alone and those who are seropositive for des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) alone. The authors, thus, performed this comparative study.
- Early on-treatment predictions of clinical outcomes using alpha-fetoprotein and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin responses in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinomaMyoung Ha Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:313-22. 2012The clinical utility of alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) and des-γ-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) as a predictor of treatment outcome in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) receiving hepatic artery infusional chemotherapy (HAIC) or ..
- Cooperative roles of factor V(a) and phosphatidylserine-containing membranes as cofactors in prothrombin activationGabriel E Weinreb
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7260, USA
J Biol Chem 278:5679-84. 2003Activation of prothrombin, as catalyzed by the prothrombinase complex (factor X(a), enzyme; factor V(a) and phosphatidylserine (PS)-containing membranes, cofactors), involves production and subsequent proteolysis of two possible ..
- Characterization of the protein Z-dependent protease inhibitorX Han
Division of Hematology, Barnes Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 96:3049-55. 2000..dramatically delays the initiation and reduces the ultimate rate of thrombin generation in mixtures containing prothrombin, factor V, phospholipids, and Ca(++)...
- Clinical evaluation of lens culinaris agglutinin-reactive alpha-fetoprotein and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin in histologically proven hepatocellular carcinoma in the United StatesBrian I Carr
Liver Cancer Center, Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, E1552 BST, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:776-82. 2007..role for the lens culinaris agglutinin-reactive fraction of alpha-fetoprotein (AFP-L3%) and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) in the management of the U.S. hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) patient population...
- Prognostic values of alpha-fetoprotein and protein induced by vitamin K absence or antagonist-II in hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma: a prospective studyHyoung Su Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Kangdong Sacred Heart Hospital of Hallym University Medical Center, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:482-8. 2009..However, prognostic values of AFP and PIVKA-II remain clarified in hepatitis B virus (HBV)-associated HCC. This study was aimed to evaluate the prognostic values of AFP and PIVKA-II in HBV-associated HCC...
- The effects of phosphatidylserine-dependent antiprothrombin antibody on thrombin generationYoshie Sakai
Department of Medicine II, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 60:2457-67. 2009Antibodies to prothrombin (APTs) and to beta2-glycoprotein I are the major autoantibodies responsible for lupus anticoagulant (LAC) activity...
- Utility of Lens culinaris agglutinin-reactive fraction of alpha-fetoprotein and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin, alone or in combination, as biomarkers for hepatocellular carcinomaRichard K Sterling
Virginia Commonwealth University Health Systems, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:104-13. 2009Des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) and Lens culinaris agglutinin-reactive fraction of alpha-fetoprotein (AFP-L3) are surveillance markers used to detect hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in Japan...
- Inhibition of calcium oxalate crystal growth and aggregation by prothrombin and its fragments in vitro: relationship between protein structure and inhibitory activityP K Grover
Urology Unit, Department of Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre, Flinders University of South Australia
Eur J Biochem 263:50-6. 1999During blood coagulation, prothrombin (PT) is ultimately degraded to three fragments, thrombin, fragment 1 (F1) and fragment 2 (F2), which, collectively, contain all of the structural features of PT...
- High serum des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin level predicts poor prognosis after radiofrequency ablation of hepatocellular carcinomaMasahiro Kobayashi
Department of Hepatology, Toranomon Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer 115:571-80. 2009..Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) has been an alternative choice for unresectable HCC. However, RFA is expected to have similar therapeutic efficacy for early stage HCC with fewer invasions...
- Tumor markers in early diagnosis, follow-up and management of patients with hepatocellular carcinomaShigetoshi Fujiyama
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Oncology 62:57-63. 2002..Equally important in the management of patients with HCC are biological indicators for malignancy, the selection of therapeutic interventions and the prediction of the outcome...
- Insularinase A, a prothrombin activator from Bothrops insularis venom, is a metalloprotease derived from a gene encoding protease and disintegrin domainsJeanne Claíne de Albuquerque Modesto
Laboratorio de Bioquimica e Biofisica, Instituto Butantan, Av Vital Brazil 1500, 05503 900 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Biol Chem 386:589-600. 2005The first low-molecular-mass metalloprotease presenting prothrombin activating activity was purified from Bothrops insularis venom and named insularinase A. It is a single-chain protease with a molecular mass of 22 639 Da...
- The significance of genetic polymorphisms of factor V Leiden and prothrombin in the preeclamptic Polish womenAgnieszka Seremak-Mrozikiewicz
Division of Perinatology and Women s Diseases, Department of Perinatology and Gynecology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
J Thromb Thrombolysis 30:97-104. 2010..Inherited thrombophilias, like polymorphism of factor V (FV) Leiden and prothrombin (PTM) are considered to be involved in the PE development...
- Plasma levels of prothrombin fragment F1+2, D-dimer and prothrombin time correlate with clinical stage and lymph node metastasis in operable gastric cancer patientsHyuk Chan Kwon
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, 3 1 Dongdaeshin dong, Seo Gu, Busan 602 715, South Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 38:2-7. 2008..The principal objective of this study was to determine the relationship between preoperative coagulation tests and the extent of tumor involvement in gastric cancer patients...
- Serum tumor markers for detection of hepatocellular carcinomaLin Zhou
Division of Biotherapy for Cancer, Cancer Center, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, 37 Guoxue Xiang, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 12:1175-81. 2006....
- Renal prothrombin mRNA is significantly decreased in a hyperoxaluric rat model of nephrolithiasisP K Grover
Urology Unit, Department of Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University Bedford Park 5042, South Australia, Australia
J Pathol 210:273-81. 2006Although urinary prothrombin fragment 1 (UPTF1) possesses several hallmarks expected of a regulatory protein in urolithiasis, its precise role remains unknown...
- Combined effect of factor V Leiden and prothrombin 20210A on the risk of venous thromboembolism--pooled analysis of 8 case-control studies including 2310 cases and 3204 controls. Study Group for Pooled-Analysis in Venous ThromboembolismJ Emmerich
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service de Medecine Vasculaire, Centre Claude Bernard et Laboratoire d Hémostase, Paris, France
Thromb Haemost 86:809-16. 2001..69). Conversely, factor II G20210A mutation was equally balanced in both patient groups...
- The association of factor V leiden and prothrombin gene mutation and placenta-mediated pregnancy complications: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective cohort studiesMarc A Rodger
Thrombosis Program, Division of Hematology, Departments of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Epidemiology Community Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
PLoS Med 7:e1000292. 2010Factor V Leiden (FVL) and prothrombin gene mutation (PGM) are common inherited thrombophilias...
- Integrin alpha5-induced EGFR activation by prothrombin triggers hepatocyte apoptosis via the JNK signaling pathwayZiqiu Wang
Department of Medical Oncology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Cell Physiol 216:551-7. 2008We have previously shown that prothrombin, a blood coagulation factor, can cause an inhibition of DNA synthesis in normal rat hepatocytes...
- Glycosylation of prothrombin fragment 1 governs calcium oxalate crystal nucleation and aggregation, but not crystal growthDawn Webber
Department of Chemistry, University of Cape Town, Private Bag, Rondebosch, Cape Town, 7701, South Africa
Urol Res 35:277-85. 2007..In several cases, this has been attributed to glycosylation of the proteins as evidenced by urinary prothrombin fragment 1 where there is a correlation between sialylation and calcium oxalate kidney stone disease...
- Plasma levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1, factor VIII, prothrombin activation fragment 1+2, anticardiolipin, and antiprothrombin antibodies are risk factors for thrombosis in hemodialysis patientsDaniela Molino
Divison of Nephrology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Semin Nephrol 24:495-501. 2004..All patients underwent a screening prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, fibrinogen (Fg), coagulation factors of the intrinsic and ..
- Effects of Mucuna pruriens extract on activation of prothrombin by Echis carinatus venomR Guerranti
Institute of Biochemistry and Enzymology, University of Siena, Via A Moro, 53100, Siena, Italy
J Ethnopharmacol 75:175-80. 2001..Here the effect of an extract of MP101UJ in prothrombin activation by EV in vitro by clotting and chromogenic assay is studied...
- Dengue virus nonstructural protein NS1 binds to prothrombin/thrombin and inhibits prothrombin activationShi Wei Lin
Department of Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, ROC
J Infect 64:325-34. 2012..Since thrombin plays a very important role in the activation of coagulation, we investigated whether NS1 can bind to thrombin and affect its formation or activity...
- The limits of simulation of the clotting systemR Wagenvoord
Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 4:1331-8. 2006..To investigate in how far successful simulation of a thrombin generation (TG) curve gives information about the underlying biochemical reaction mechanism...
- Use of serum PIVKA-II (DCP) determination for differentiation between benign and malignant liver diseasesR Lamerz
Department of Internal Medicine II, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Anticancer Res 19:2489-93. 1999The concentration of Des-gamma-carboxy-prothrombin (DCP) or PIVKA-II has been described to be increased in patients with hepatocellular cancer, along with its elevation in vitamin K deficient states by warfarin or dicoumarol treatment...
- Fibrin presence within aortic valves in patients with aortic stenosis: association with in vivo thrombin generation and fibrin clot propertiesJoanna Natorska
Institute of Cardiology, Jagiellonian University School of Medicine, 80 Pradnicka St, 31 202 Krakow, Poland
Thromb Haemost 105:254-60. 2011..001). Patients with AS had elevated plasma D-dimer (236.4 ± 28 ng/ml, p=0.002) and prothrombin fragment 1+2 (F1.2) (261.7 ± 27.1 pM, p=0.005) compared to AI subjects (142.8 ± 10 ng/ml and 131.2 ± 1...
- Time-dependent analysis of predisposing factors for the recurrence of hepatocellular carcinomaShouta Iwadou
Department of Internal Medicine, Hiroshima City Hospital, Hiroshima, Japan
Liver Int 30:1027-32. 2010..The aim of this study is to evaluate the predisposing factors after treatments...
- Inhibition of growth and aggregation of calcium oxalate crystals in vitro--a comparison of four human proteinsP K Grover
Department of Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Eur J Biochem 253:637-44. 1998..the inhibitory effects of Tamm-Horsfall glycoprotein (THG), human serum albumin (HSA), alpha1-microglobulin and prothrombin fragment 1 (PTF1) on calcium oxalate crystallization...
- Severe venous thromboembolism in a young man with Klinefelter's syndrome and heterozygosis for both G20210A prothrombin and factor V Leiden mutationsMario Lapecorella
Centro Emostasi e Trombosi, Dipartimento di Clinica Medica, Immunologia e Malattie Infettive MIDIM, University of Bari School of Medicine, Italy
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 14:95-8. 2003..Further examinations also showed a double heterozygosis for G20210A prothrombin and factor V Leiden mutations...
- Prothrombin index decrease: a useful and reliable marker of extensive fibrosis?Jean Francois Cadranel
Unité d Hépatologie, Hopital Laennec, BP 72, 60109 Creil Cedex, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:1057-9. 2002..Among those serum markers, we focused on prothrombin index, which seems to be a reliable and non-expansive marker for the diagnosis of extensive fibrosis.
- Absence of factor V Leiden mutation and low prothrombin G 20210 A mutation prevalence in a healthy Moroccan populationFlorence Mathonnet
Thromb Haemost 88:1073-4. 2002
- High incidence of factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A in healthy southern ItaliansGianluca Sottilotta
Centro Emofilia, Servizio Emostasi e Trombosi, Azienda Ospedaliera Bianchi Melacrino Morelli, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 15:356-9. 2009Factor V Leiden (FVL) and G20210 prothrombin (FII G20210A) mutations are risk factors for thromboembolism...
- Impact of infusion speed on the safety and effectiveness of prothrombin complex concentrate: a prospective clinical trial of emergency anticoagulation reversalIngrid Pabinger
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Haematology and Haemostaseology, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ann Hematol 89:309-16. 2010b>Prothrombin complex concentrate (PCC) infusion is preferred for emergency reversal of coumarin therapy...
- Prevalence of factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutation in a large French population selected for nonthrombotic history: geographical and age distributionElisabeth Mazoyer
Hématologie biologique, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 20:503-10. 2009..Thirty percent of variation in plasma prothrombin level was explained by environmental factors (serum cholesterol, age, oral contraception, hormonal replacement ..
- Thrombogenicity of prothrombin complex concentratesM Kohler
Department of Transfusion Medicine, University of Gottingen, Germany
Thromb Res 95:S13-7. 1999Thrombogenicity of factor IX complex or prothrombin complex concentrates (PCC) is a well-acknowledged problem...
- Prevalence and association of the factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A in healthy subjects and patients with venous thromboembolismD Coen
Clinical Institute of Laboratory Diagnostics, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 42:488-92. 2001To determine the prevalences of factor V Leiden and the G20210A mutation in the prothrombin gene (PT20210A) and the frequency of their association in healthy subjects and in patients with venous thromboembolism (VTE).
- Prevalence of factor V Leiden, prothrombin and methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase mutations in women with adverse pregnancy outcomes in LebanonLaila F Zahed
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Lebanon
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1114-8. 2006The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of factor V Leiden, prothrombin, and methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase gene mutations in women with adverse pregnancy outcome compared with women who had uneventful pregnancies.
- Prevalence of antiphospholipid antibodies, factor V G1691A (Leiden) and prothrombin G20210A mutations in early and late recurrent pregnancy lossNabil Mtiraoui
Research Unit of Haematological and Autoimmune Diseases, Faculty of Pharmacy, Monastir, Center University, Tunisia
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 119:164-70. 2005..We assessed the prevalence of inherited (FV-Leiden and PRT G20210A), and acquired (anti-PL antibodies) risk factors among habitual aborters in Tunisia...
- Prevalence of two thrombophilia predisposing mutations: factor V G1691A (R506Q; Leiden) and prothrombin G20210A, among healthy LebaneseHala Tamim
Thromb Haemost 88:691-2. 2002
- Factor V Leiden G1691A and prothrombin G20210A mutations are common in TunisiaC Frere
J Thromb Haemost 1:2451-2. 2003
- Prevalence of factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A, and MTHFR C677T mutations in 200 healthy JordaniansSuhair S Eid
Molecular Laboratory, King Hussein Medical Centre, Jordan
Clin Lab Sci 17:200-2. 2004..In order to estimate the frequency of the factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A, and MTHFR C677T mutations in the Jordanian population, we screened 200 healthy Jordanian individuals...
- Factor V Leiden and prothrombin gene G20210A mutations are uncommon in portal vein thrombosis in IndiaSanjay Sharma
Department of Gastroenterology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226 014, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 25:236-9. 2006..The cause of thrombosis in these patients remains unclear. We studied the frequency of mutations in genes for coagulation factors V and II (prothrombin) in 61 Indian patients with PVT and 49 healthy control subjects.
- Significance of des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin in selection criteria for living donor liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinomaM Fujiki
Department of Transplant and General Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Transplant 9:2362-71. 2009Des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP) levels reportedly correlate with histological features of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Diagnostic and prognostic value of alpha-fetoprotein, des-γ-carboxy prothrombin and squamous cell carcinoma antigen immunoglobulin M complexes in hepatocellular carcinomaG Bertino
Department of Internal Medicine and Systemic Diseases, Catania University, Catania, Italy
Minerva Med 102:363-71. 2011..The aim of this study was compare the accuracy of α-fetoprotein (AFP), des-γ- carboxy prothrombin (DCP), squamous cell carcinoma antigen-immunoglobulin M complexes (SCCA-IgM Cs) in the early diagnosis and in ..
- Thrombin generation in acute coronary syndrome and stable coronary artery disease: dependence on plasma factor compositionK Brummel-Ziedins
Department of Biochemistry, University of Vermont, VT 05446, USA
J Thromb Haemost 6:104-10. 2008..We investigated whether thrombin generation based on circulating coagulation protein levels, could distinguish between acute and stable coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Risk assessment for recurrent venous thrombosisPaul Alexander Kyrle
Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Lancet 376:2032-9. 2010..Analysis of preliminary data suggests that risk assessment can also be refined through integration of prothrombotic coagulation changes and clinical risk factors...
- The prothrombin 20209 C-->T mutation in Jewish-Moroccan Caucasians: molecular analysis of gain-of-function of 3' end processingS Danckwardt
Departments of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology and Immunology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Thromb Haemost 4:1078-85. 2006Mutations of the 3' end mRNA-processing signal of the prothrombin (F2) gene have been reported to cause elevated F2 plasma concentrations, thrombosis, and complications of pregnancy...
- Factor V Leiden is associated with pre-eclampsia but not with fetal growth restriction: a genetic association study and meta-analysisT Dudding
Hunter Genetics, Hunter New England Health Service, NSW, Australia
J Thromb Haemost 6:1869-75. 2008..factor V gene, the 1691G to A change (rs6025) located on chromosome 1q23 (factor V Leiden, FVL), and the other in the prothrombin gene, 20210G to A change (rs1799963) on chromosome 11p11-q12 (PT). These results, however, are conflicting.
- Malignancies, prothrombotic mutations, and the risk of venous thrombosisJeanet W Blom
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
JAMA 293:715-22. 2005..Venous thrombosis is a common complication in patients with cancer, leading to additional morbidity and compromising quality of life...
- Staphylocoagulase is a prototype for the mechanism of cofactor-induced zymogen activationRainer Friedrich
Abteilung Strukturforschung, Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Nature 425:535-9. 2003..human pathogen implicated in sepsis and endocarditis, secretes the cofactor staphylocoagulase, which activates prothrombin, without the usual proteolytic cleavages, to directly initiate blood clotting. Here we present the 2...
- Lipoprotein (a) and genetic polymorphisms of clotting factor V, prothrombin, and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase are risk factors of spontaneous ischemic stroke in childhoodU Nowak-Gottl
Department of Paediatrics, Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine and Institute of Arteriosclerosis Research, Westphalian Wilhelms University Münster, Germany
Blood 94:3678-82. 1999..lipoprotein (a) [Lp(a)] levels >30 mg/dL; for the presence of the factor V (FV) G1691A mutation, the prothrombin (PT) G20210A variant, and the TT677 genotype of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR); and deficiencies ..
- Exosite-driven substrate specificity and function in coagulationS Krishnaswamy
Joseph Stokes Research Institute, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Thromb Haemost 3:54-67. 2005..Exosite-driven enzymic function probably represents a widely employed biological strategy for the achievement of high macromolecular substrate specificity...
- EPCR Ser219Gly: elevated sEPCR, prothrombin F1+2, risk for coronary heart disease, and increased sEPCR shedding in vitroH Ireland
Cardiovascular Genetics, Department Medicine, University College London, 5 University St, London, WC1E 6JF, UK
Atherosclerosis 183:283-92. 2005..Furthermore, in base-line samples from NPHSII and in the diabetic study, a significant increase in prothrombin F1+2 level was observed for 219Gly...
- Prothrombin deficiency results in embryonic and neonatal lethality in miceW Y Sun
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:7597-602. 1998The conversion of prothrombin (FII) to the serine protease, thrombin (FIIa), is a key step in the coagulation cascade because FIIa triggers platelet activation, converts fibrinogen to fibrin, and activates regulatory pathways that both ..
- Early decrease in α-fetoprotein, but not des-γ-carboxy prothrombin, predicts sorafenib efficacy in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinomaTeiji Kuzuya
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Musashino Red Cross Hospital, Musashino, Tokyo, Japan
Oncology 81:251-8. 2011..the relationships between early changes in the tumor markers α-fetoprotein (AFP) and des-γ-carboxy prothrombin (DCP), and antitumor response in the early period following administration of sorafenib in patients with ..
- Prognostic significance of a combination of pre- and post-treatment tumor markers for hepatocellular carcinoma curatively treated with hepatectomyHidenori Toyoda
Department of Gastroenterology, Ogaki Municipal Hospital, Ogaki, Japan
J Hepatol 57:1251-7. 2012..HCC), alpha-fetoprotein (AFP), Lens culinaris agglutinin-reactive AFP (AFP-L3), and des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP), has the ability to discriminate survival among patients with HCC...
- The prothrombin 3'end formation signal reveals a unique architecture that is sensitive to thrombophilic gain-of-function mutationsSven Danckwardt
Molecular Medicine Partnership Unit, Im Neuenheimer Feld 153, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Blood 104:428-35. 2004The functional analysis of the common prothrombin 20210 G>A(F2 20210(*)A) mutation has recently revealed gain of function of 3'end processing as a novel genetic mechanism predisposing to human disease...
- Generation of C5a in the absence of C3: a new complement activation pathwayMarkus Huber-Lang
Department of Traumatology, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Ulm Medical School, Steinhoevelstrasse 9, D 89075 Ulm, Germany
Nat Med 12:682-7. 2006..There were higher levels of F2 mRNA (encoding prothrombin) as well as prothrombin and thrombin protein in liver of C3-/- mice compared to C3+/+ mice...
- Dual Direct Inhibitors of Thrombin and Factor XaUMESH RAMANLAL DESAI; Fiscal Year: 2012..1) Sulfated DHPs (CDs, FDs and SDs) prolong prothrombin time at concentrations 2-6-fold below that of the clinically used LMWH enoxaparin, while in the activated ..
- Intralipid: A novel frontline countermeasure for brodifacoum poisoningDouglas L Feinstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..the body by inhibiting its recycling leading to loss of activity of Vitamin K dependent proteins including prothrombin. Loss of prothrombin leads to systemic anticoagulation, hence the basis for the widespread use of ..
- Mechanism of Staphylocoagulase-activated Blood ClottingPaul E Bock; Fiscal Year: 2013..aureus bacteremia allows bacteria to bind to the injury site. SC/vWbp activate host prothrombin (ProT) non-proteolytically by inserting their N-termini into a cleft in ProT. Active SC/vWbp...
- Pathogen specific imaging of endocarditisPETER ROLF PANIZZI; Fiscal Year: 2013..the ultrahigh affinity (17pM)5 of the virulence factor staphylocoagulase, which is secreted by the bacteria, to prothrombin (ProT) and the use of this interaction to develop specific imaging probes6...
- Integrating plasma IGF-1 into novel classification of hepatocellular carcinomaAhmed Kaseb; Fiscal Year: 2013..laboratory-based parameters that assess the synthetic function of the liver through serum albumin level and prothrombin time or the elimination function of the liver through measuring serum bilirubin level, in addition to two ..
- Comprehensive studies of novel SNPs affecting warfarin dose in African AmericansMinoli Perera; Fiscal Year: 2012..a pharmacodynamic study evaluating the effect of VKORC1 SNPs on a surrogate marker of VKOR protein function, Prothrombin induced by vitamin K absence or antagonism II (PIVKA-II)...
- Mechanisms linking the hemostatic protease thrombin to arthritic diseaseMatthew J Flick; Fiscal Year: 2013..Activation of the hemostatic system and the subsequent conversion of prothrombin to the active serine protease thrombin is a prominent feature of RA...
- Insights on Selected Procoagulation Markers and Outcomes in Stroke Trial (I-SPOT)ANGARA KONETI RAO; Fiscal Year: 2013..procoagulant activity (TF-PCA) and plasma activated factor VII (FVIIa) and markers of thrombin generation, prothrombin fragment 1.2 (F1.2) and thrombin- antithrombin complexes (TAT), are markedly elevated after AIS...
- Pathobiology of Staphyloccocus areus EndocarditisPETER ROLF PANIZZI; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. aureus expresses a unique non-proteolytic prothrombin (ProT) activator, staphylocoagulase that mediates recognition of fibrinogen by the active staphylocoagulase-..
- The Activation of ProthrombinKenneth G Mann; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Lipid Regulation of Thrombin GenerationBarry R Lentz; Fiscal Year: 2012Thrombin, the central regulatory molecule of blood coagulation, is produced by prothrombin (II) proteolysis by a platelet-membrane-bound enzyme (factor Xa) and its associated cofactor (factor Va)...
- Pathobiology of Staphyloccocus areus EndocarditisPETER ROLF PANIZZI; Fiscal Year: 2013..5. aureus expresses a unique non-proteolytic prothrombin (ProT) activator, staphylocoagulase that mediates recognition of fibrinogen by the active staphylocoagulase-..
- Hemostatic factors and sickle cell diseasePunam Malik; Fiscal Year: 2013..These hypotheses will be tested through studies that focus on defining the importance of prothrombin in the development of multi-organ SCD pathologies and long-term survival in Berkeley sickle mice (Hba0/Hbb0 [Tg(..
- Mechanism of Staphylocoagulase-activated Blood ClottingPaul E Bock; Fiscal Year: 2012..are proposed to address major gaps in the understanding of the unique mechanism by which SC activates prothrombin (ProT) non-proteolytically and forms an SOProT complex that specifically converts fibrinogen (Fbg) into fibrin...
- Hemostatic Factors as Determinants of Bacterial Virulence and Host Defense.Jay L Degen; Fiscal Year: 2010..important determinants of the inflammatory response in vivo, ii) bacterial factors known to bind/activate host prothrombin, fibrinogen and plasminogen serve to subvert host defense, iii) leukocyte engagement of fibrin within ..
- Studies on anticoagulant properties of thrombinEnrico Di Cera; Fiscal Year: 2013..deals with the molecular mechanism of protein C activation by thrombin and its connection with the mechanism of prothrombin activation, as well as with the possibility of turning thrombin into an exclusive activator of protein C for ..
- STUDIES OF THROMBIN ALLOSTERYEnrico Di Cera; Fiscal Year: 2013..the hypothesis that the E*, E and E:Na+ forms are already present in the most important intermediate along the prothrombin activation pathway...
- Mechanisms Linking Hemostatic Facotrs to Neuroinflammatory DiseaseEric S Mullins; Fiscal Year: 2013..established in the setting of EAE through the use of two complementary approaches: a) diminution of circulating prothrombin by use of an anti- sense oligonucleotide (ASO) gap-mer;and b) the use of a novel mouse line expressing a mutant ..
- Microactuated Rheometer for Point of Care Coagulopathy ApplicationsRichard Superfine; Fiscal Year: 2013..Traditional laboratory coagulation tests such as prothrombin time (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) are both impractical and ineffective at providing ..
- Thrombin-mediated proteolysis in neuroinflammatory diseaseJay L Degen; Fiscal Year: 2012..experimental setting, an important experimental asset will be gene-targeted mice with selected alterations in prothrombin or thrombin substrates...
- INTERACTION OF PLATELETS WITH COAGULATION FACTORS IX & XPeter Walsh; Fiscal Year: 1992..weight kininogen, and factor Va and promote the proteolytic activation of factor XII, factor XI, factor X, and prothrombin. To investigate further the activated platelet surface as a locus for the molecular interactions of coagulation ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISM IN THE COMMUNITYJohn A Heit; Fiscal Year: 2013..incidence of VTE;in Aim 2 to determine "when genetic testing is appropriate" by 2a) testing Factor V Leiden, Prothrombin G20210A, and novel ABO SNPs as risk factors for VTE after hospitalization for major surgery and acute medical ..
- METAL DEPENDENT COMPLEXES IN BLOOD COAGULATIONBarbara Furie; Fiscal Year: 2002..This application explores the phospholipid binding specificity of prothrombin and the nature of the prothrombin-membrane binding site...
- MOLECULAR INTERACTIONS OF BLOOD COAGULATION FACTOR XAKatherine High; Fiscal Year: 1999..The prothrombinase complex catalyzes the conversion of prothrombin to the active serine protease thrombin...
- FACTOR VA INTERACTIONS REGULATING PROTHROMBIN ACTIVATIONPaul E Bock; Fiscal Year: 2010..mechanisms of the procoagulant activation of human factor V, factor Va cofactor activity in regulating prothrombin (ProT) activation, and the mechanism of the anticoagulant inactivation of factor Va by activated protein C (ARC)..
- MOLECULAR INTERACTIONS OF BLOOD COAGULATION FACTOR XRICHARD PAINTER; Fiscal Year: 1991..associates with factor Va (cofactor) in another membrane surface complex responsible for the activation of prothrombin. The participation of factor X/Xa in these three macromolecular complexes implies that several regions on the ..
- Structure/Function Study of the Anticoagulant Protein SAlan Rigby; Fiscal Year: 2005..The penultimate step in blood coagulation is the conversion of prothrombin to thrombin, which is then responsible for the conversion of fibrinogen to fibrin...
- MUTATIONS, HORMONE THERAPY, AND VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISMBruce Psaty; Fiscal Year: 2001..between hormone replacement therapy and the prothrombotic mutations, Factor V Leiden and the recently described prothrombin mutation (20210A) on the incidence of VTE in a population-based case-control study conducted at Group Health ..
- ANTIBODIES WITH PROTHROMBINASE ACTIVITY IN LUPUSPerumal Thiagarajan; Fiscal Year: 2003b>Prothrombin is the precursor of thrombin, the central enzyme in blood coagulation...
- Biomakers in Sickle Cell Anemia: Response to HydroxyureaMarie Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2004..Markers of coagulation activation will include whole blood tissue factor activity (WBTF) and prothrombin fragment F1.2 levels...
- DEFINITION OF FUNCTIONAL SITES ON COAGULATION FACTOR XWILLIAM CHURCH; Fiscal Year: 1993..This assembled complex catalyzes the proteolytic activation of prothrombin to the protease thrombin...
- VITAMIN K AND SKELETAL HEALTHNeil Binkley; Fiscal Year: 2000..vitamin K insufficiency has classically been defined in terms of coagulation abnormalities (prolongation of the prothrombin time), it has recently become appreciated that measurement of undercarboxylation of other proteins, notably ..
- PROTHROMBIN ACTIVATION ON BLOOD MONONUCLEAR CELLSPAULA TRACY; Fiscal Year: 1990..to assemble an endogenous prothrombinase through synthesis, secretion and activation of factor V, factor X and prothrombin. We will determine how the activated protein C/protein S complex interacts with the monocyte/macrophage surface ..
- MEMBRANE BIOPHYSICS AND CONTROL OF THROMBIN GENERATIONBARRY LENTZ; Fiscal Year: 1999..The working hypothesis is that PS exposure is critical in regulating prothrombin activation because it apparently serves to assemble the prothrombinase, activate factor Xa, place the ..
- Factor Va regulation of prothrombinase activityJAMILA HIRBAWI; Fiscal Year: 2010..goal of identifying the amino acid residue(s) of factor V that interact with the blood coagulation factor prothrombin (flla), during prothrombinase complex assembly and function...
- Development of Platelet & Coagulation Activation AssaysRONALD SHEBUSKI; Fiscal Year: 2001..markers of platelet activation (membrane and soluble P-selectin and GPIIb/lIIa) and coagulation activation (prothrombin fragment 1...
- PROCOAGULANT PROPERTIES OF THE SICKLE CELL MEMBRANEJolyon Jesty; Fiscal Year: 1992..dependence of two major clotting reactions: the activation of factor X by the factor IXa-VIIIa complex, and of prothrombin by the factor Xa-Va complex...
- FACTOR VA INTERACTIONS REGULATING PROTHROMBIN ACTIVATIONPaul Bock; Fiscal Year: 1991..protein-protein interactions underlying the role of factor Va in the mechanism and regulation of human prothrombin activation are proposed...
- ACQUISITION OF NMR SPECTROMETERWilliam Bachovchin; Fiscal Year: 1991..iii) Vitamin K dependent carboxylation of prothrombin. The 3D solution structures of several prothrombin propeptides are being solved to develop a better understand ..
- PROTHROMBINASE COMPLEX--STOPPED-FLOW KINETICSSriram Krishnaswamy; Fiscal Year: 1991..This supramolecular complex catalyses the proteolytic activation of the zymogen prothrombin to the active protease alpha-thrombin...
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID ANTIBODY SYNDROMESThomas Ortel; Fiscal Year: 2003..In these patients, autoantibodies that bind to proteins involved in normal hemostasis (e.g., prothrombin) are associated with an increased thrombotic risk...
- THROMBOTIC, INFLAMMATORY & GENE MARKERS OF CVD IN WOMENPaul Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2002..plasminogen activator (tPA), plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1), total plasma homocysteine, prothrombin fragment F1+2, D-dimer, APC-R, C-reactive protein, interleukin-6, and sICAM-1) to determine whether elevations ..
- VLDL, ATHEROSCLEROSIS, AND THROMBOSIS-MECHANISTIC LINKSWilliam Bradley; Fiscal Year: 1993..Basic studies address the hypothesis that HTG-TGRLP are thrombogenic by binding prothrombin, FX(FXa), and providing phospholipid for thrombin generation...
- Production of plant-based recombinant human thrombinBRIAN HOOKER; Fiscal Year: 2002..The objective of this proposed Phase I SBIR project is to demonstrate expression of correctly processed prothrombin in stable plant cell culture...
- PERINATAL DEVELOPMENT OF VITAMIN K-DEPENDENT HEMOSTASISEdwin Bovill; Fiscal Year: 1993..the presence of significant concentrations of undercarboxylated and thus, dysfunctional protein C and prothrombin in 3-15% of otherwise healthy term and pre-term neonates at birth...
- FACTOR II ANTIGEN AND COAGULANT ACTIVITYJAMES CORRIGAN; Fiscal Year: 1980..In the proposed research, the conversion of preprothrombin to prothrombin (coagulation factor II) and prothrombin to thrombin will be studied by employing both immunological and ..
- Imaging EndocarditisPeter Panizzi; Fiscal Year: 2009..S. aureus expresses staphylocoagulase, a bifunctional molecule that activates prothrombin by N-terminal domains and mediates staphylocoagulaseprothrombin complex tethering to the growing vegetations by ..
- CA(II)/MG(II) BINDING IN COAGULATION SYSTEMSLEE PEDERSEN; Fiscal Year: 1992..molecular description, by experimental and theoretical techniques, of calcium and magnesium ion binding to prothrombin (human and bovine), its Fragment 1 and appropriate fragment peptides in various states of decarboxylation...
- THE MECHANISM OF ACTION OF VITAMIN KALLAN WILLINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 1980..We have found that the product of the vitamin K-dependent carboxylation of prothrombin precursor(s) is a protein with the same molecular weight as prothrombin but an isoelectric point of 7.2 (vs. 5...
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF VITAMIN K AND ANTICOAGULANTSRobert Bell; Fiscal Year: 1980There is substantial evidence that the vitamin K-epoxide cycle is involved in the synthesis of prothrombin. Agents which block either the regeneration of vitamin K from vitamin K epoxide or the epoxidation of vitamin K are anticoagulants...
- The Role of Membranes in Thrombus Formation In VivaBarbara Furie; Fiscal Year: 2005..of the coagulation enzyme complexes tenase, the activator of factor X and prothrombinase, the activator of prothrombin on the membrane surface...
- Thrombin-Stimulated Intrauterine Signaling PathwayMark Phillippe; Fiscal Year: 2007..e. enhanced phospholipid scramblase (PLS), tissue prothrombinase (Fgl2), prothrombin and thrombin receptor (PAR1) expression and activation leading to preterm contractions and delivery...
- HOME PROTHROMBIN TIME TESTSSTEPHEN ZWEIG; Fiscal Year: 1992..Thus, frequent monitoring of blood coagulation rates by prothrombin time tests is required for safe treatment...
- THROMBOGENIC PHOSPHOLIPID SURFACESFREDERICK DOMBROSE; Fiscal Year: 1980..between the detailed molecular structure of a phospholipid bilayer as a function of: a) its ability to bind prothrombin; and b) enhance the rate of conversion of prothrombin to thrombin by Factor Xa in the presence of an optimal ..
- HUMAN RECOMBINANT TISSUE FACTOR PROTHROMBIN TIME REAGENTScott Brown; Fiscal Year: 1991DESCRIPTION: (Adapted from the investigator's abstract). The goal of this proposal is to develop a prothrombin time (PT) reagent using purified, reconstituted recombinant human tissue factor (rTF)...
- DEVELOPMENT OF A NON-INSTRUMENTED PROTHROMBIN TIME TESTWAI LAW; Fiscal Year: 2000Development of a disposable non-instrumented prothrombin time test (PF) for home use is proposed. Preliminary data using flow channels built with precision engineered fabric demonstrated the potential of the proposed test device...
- Development of a non-instrumental Prothrombin Time testWAI LAW; Fiscal Year: 2003Development of a disposable non-instrumented prothrombin time (PT) test for home use is proposed. Phase I data using flow channels built with precision woven fabric demonstrated the potential of the proposed test device...
- CHARACTERIZATION AND USE OF PROTHROMBIN DEFICIENT MICEJAY DEGEN; Fiscal Year: 2005b>Prothrombin plays a central role in both the processes of coagulation and anti-coagulation in the blood of mammals, is involved in the stimulation of platelets, is chemotactic for macrophages, and is involved in regulating the ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF COAGULATION PROTEASE SPECIFICITYAlireza R Rezaie; Fiscal Year: 2010..and propagated by the successive activations of the vitamin K-dependent zymogens, factors VII, IX, X and prothrombin;and the non- enzymatic cofactors Va and VIlla that culminate in generation of the fibrinogen clotting enzyme ..
- Functional Domains of Coagulation Factor VMichael Kalafatis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Both chains of the cofactor interact with factor Xa while only the heavy chain of the cofactor binds prothrombin. The factor Va cofactor activity is efficiently down-regulated following proteolysis of the heavy chain by ..
- Novel targets and agents to treat thrombotic disordersJohn Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PROTEIN-MINERAL INTERACTIONS AND CALCIUM OXALATE STONESROSEMARY RYALL; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- FAT MEDIATED INSULIN SECRETION AND DIABETES IN ELDERLYGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2003..We hope that this project will help to better understand the mechanisms by which obesity contributes to the development of NIDDM. ..
- Evaluation of a Biomarker for Acetaminophen ToxicityLaura James; Fiscal Year: 2005..The data generated from this study will lead to enhanced recognition of APAP hepatotoxicity, thus allowing for better identification of "at risk" populations and the creation of prevention strategies. ..
- Mechanisms of Disability in Peripheral Arterial DiseaseMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will be used to develop interventions designed to improve lower extremity functioning and prevent functional decline in persons with PAD. ..
- BLOOD FACTORS AND PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL DISEASE OUTCOMESMary McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2004..The blood factors we will study, fibrinogen, PAI-1, TPA antigen, d-dimer, prothrombin 1...
- Reducing Risk Factors in Peripheral Arterial DiseaseMary Mcgrae McDermott; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- FORMS OF PROSTATE SPECIFIC ANTIGEN AND HK2 IN CANCERMARY HEEB; Fiscal Year: 2003..Techniques will include protein purification, antibody and ELISA development, immunoblotting, enzyme activity assays, and peptide synthesis. ..