Summary: Agents used to prevent the formation of foam or to treat flatulence or bloat.
- Evaluation of the usefulness of dimethicone and/or senna extract in improving the visualization of abdominal organsW Heldwein
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Universitat Munchen
J Clin Ultrasound 15:455-8. 1987..In the attempt to increase the visualization of abdominal organs, many investigators use antifoaming agents or laxatives...
- Novel antifoam for fermentation processes: fluorocarbon-hydrocarbon hybrid unsymmetrical bolaform surfactantPinar Calik
Department of Chemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology Laboratory, Middle East Technical University, 06531 Ankara, Turkey
Langmuir 21:8613-9. 2005....
- Infantile colicDipak Kanabar
Guy s Hospital, London
J Fam Health Care 14:suppl 1-2. 2004..Dipak Kanabar believes that failure of lactose digestion has an important part to play in colic and in this bulletin he reviews the causes of infantile colic and the available management options...
- Nonsurgical management of partial adhesive small-bowel obstruction with oral therapy: a randomized controlled trialShyr Chyr Chen
Department of Emergency Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
CMAJ 173:1165-9. 2005....
- [Gastroesophageal reflux disease: pathogenesis, clinical manifestation, diagnostics, and treatment]Ia S Tsimmerman
Klin Med (Mosk) 83:16-24. 2005
- Herbicide formulationsR L Tominack
St Louis University Division of Toxicology and Missouri Regional Poison Center, Cardinal Glennon Hospital, 63104, USA
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 38:129-35. 2000..Other formulation ingredients include pH adjusters, buffers, milling aids, antifoaming agents, acid scavengers, dyes, suspending agents, preservatives, dispersants, emulsifiers, densifiers, antifreeze, ..
- The effects of loperamide, or loperamide plus simethicone, on the distribution of gut water as assessed by MRI in a mannitol model of secretory diarrhoeaE Placidi
Sir Peter Mansfield Magnetic Resonance Centre, University of Nottingham, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 36:64-73. 2012..Novel MRI techniques to assess small bowel water content (SBWC) have shown that mannitol solutions markedly increase SBWC and can be used as a model of diarrhoea...
- Should bowel preparation, antifoaming agents, or prokinetics be used before video capsule endoscopy? A systematic review and meta-analysisVikram S Kotwal
aDivision of Gastroenterology bDepartment of Medicine, John H Stroger Jr Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:137-45. 2014..We carried out a systematic review and meta-analysis to study the effect of purgatives, antifoaming agents, and prokinetics on the outcomes associated with VCE.
- Influence of simethicone and alverine on stress-induced alterations of colonic permeability and sensitivity in rats: beneficial effect of their associationLionel Bueno
Department of Neurogastroenterology, Toxalim INRA, Toulouse, France
J Pharm Pharmacol 65:567-73. 2013..The antinociceptive effects of alverine and simethicone, separately or in association, were evaluated on stress-induced colonic hypersensitivity to distension in rats. The influence of simethicone on altered permeability was also tested...
- The effect of antifoam addition on protein production yieldsSarah J Routledge
School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham, UK
Methods Mol Biol 866:87-97. 2012..The foaming associated with culturing it on a large scale is commonly prevented by the addition of chemical antifoaming agents or "antifoams...
- High Yield of Wax Ester Synthesized from Cetyl Alcohol and Octanoic Acid by Lipozyme RMIM and Novozym 435Chia Hung Kuo
Biotechnology Center, National Chung Hsing University, 250 Kuo Kuang Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan E mail
Int J Mol Sci 13:11694-704. 2012Wax esters are long-chain esters that have been widely applied in premium lubricants, parting agents, antifoaming agents and cosmetics...
- Safety assessment of silylates and surface-modified siloxysilicatesLillian C Becker
Cosmetic Ingredient Review, 1101 17th Street, NW, Suite 412, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Int J Toxicol 32:5S-24S. 2013..These silylates and surface-modified siloxysilicates function in cosmetics as antifoaming agents, anticaking agents, bulking agents, binders, skin-conditioning agents--emollient, skin-conditioning agents-..
- Infantile colic: a systematic review of medical and conventional therapiesBelinda Hall
Department of Rural and Indigenous Health, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University, MOE, Victoria, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 48:128-37. 2012..Infantile colic is a prevalent and distressing condition for which there is no proven standard therapy. The aim of this paper is to review medical and conventional treatments for infantile colic...
- OTC product: Gas-X Thin StripsDaphne B Bernard
Howard University School of Pharmacy, NW Washington, DC 20059, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 47:432. 2007
- Usefulness of polyethylene glycol solution with dimethylpolysiloxanes for bowel preparation before capsule endoscopySadaharu Nouda
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:70-4. 2010..In some cases, however, observation of target sites is very poor during CE because of residues etc. Herein we report the usefulness of a preparation comprised of polyethylene glycol solution (PEG) for CE...
- Improving quality of colonoscopy by adding simethicone to sodium phosphate bowel preparationSasinee Tongprasert
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Rajathevee, Bangkok, Thailand
World J Gastroenterol 15:3032-7. 2009..To evaluate the effectiveness of simethicone in enhancing visibility and efficacy during colonoscopy...
- High cell density production of Deinococcus radiodurans under optimized conditionsYi He
Laboratory of Biochemistry, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 36:539-46. 2009..radiodurans growth characteristics. Several antifoaming agents were investigated to support large-scale production with submerged aeration, and the defoamer KFO 673 was ..
- Production of bio-ethanol from soybean molasses by Saccharomyces cerevisiae at laboratory, pilot and industrial scalesPaula F Siqueira
Bioprocess Engineering and Biotechnology Division, Federal University of Paraná P O Box 19 011, Curitiba, Brazil
Bioresour Technol 99:8156-63. 2008..8L at the laboratory scale to 163.6 and 162.7L of absolute ethanol per ton of dry molasses, obtained at pilot and industrial scales, respectively...
- Aqueous foams: a field of investigation at the frontier between chemistry and physicsDominique Langevin
Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Universite Paris Sud, Batiment 510, 91405 Orsay, France
Chemphyschem 9:510-22. 2008..This article presents the general concepts used to describe the monolayers and the films and also some of the recent advances being made in this area...
- Capsule endoscopy: in search of the ideal imageRobert Enns
Am J Gastroenterol 103:83-5. 2008..In theory, this will lead to an improved diagnostic ability to limit excessive reading duration...
- Anti-flatulence treatment and status epilepticus: a case of camphor intoxicationJ Guilbert
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Trousseau Children s Hospital, 26 avenue du Dr A Netter, 75012 Paris, France
Emerg Med J 24:859-60. 2007..This case highlights the importance of systematic questioning and recalls the extreme danger associated with camphor even when administered transcutaneously...
- Purgative bowel cleansing combined with simethicone improves capsule endoscopy imagingWei Wei
Department of Gastroenterology, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Institute of Digestive Disease, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Am J Gastroenterol 103:77-82. 2008..To evaluate the effects of the various methods of small bowel preparation on the quality of visualization of the small bowel and the gastrointestinal transit time of capsule endoscopy (CE)...
- Medication administered to children from 0 to 7.5 years in the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC)J Headley
Department of Community Based Medicine, University of Bristol, 24 Tyndall Avenue, Bristol BS8 1TQ, UK
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 63:189-95. 2007..To present data on the parentally-reported use of all types of medicinal products in children from 0 to 7.5 years, in a large cohort in south-west England...
- Lactobacillus reuteri (American Type Culture Collection Strain 55730) versus simethicone in the treatment of infantile colic: a prospective randomized studyFrancesco Savino
Department of Pediatrics, Regina Margherita Children s Hospital, University of Turin, Piazza Polonia, 94 10126 Turin, Italy
Pediatrics 119:e124-30. 2007..The goal was to test the hypothesis that oral administration of Lactobacillus reuteri in a prospective randomized study would improve symptoms of infantile colic...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial of loperamide plus simethicone versus loperamide alone and simethicone alone in the treatment of acute diarrhea with gas-related abdominal discomfortStephen B Hanauer
Section of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1033-43. 2007....
- Clinical trial: the efficacy of alverine citrate/simeticone combination on abdominal pain/discomfort in irritable bowel syndrome--a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyT Wittmann
First Department of Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 31:615-24. 2010..Alverine citrate and simeticone combination has been used for almost 20 years in irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), but supportive scientific evidence of efficacy was limited...
- Bowel preparation and colonoscopy technique to detect non-polypoid colorectal neoplasmsH N Kim
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 1466, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 20:437-48. 2010..This article discusses the methods that are useful to improve the quality of bowel preparation and examination technique...
- Full-scale control of Mycolata foam by FEX-120 additionC Kragelund
Department of Biotechnology, Chemistry and Environmental Engineering, Aalborg University, Denmark
Water Sci Technol 61:2443-50. 2010..10 weeks. In two WWTPs with unknown Mycolata organisms, no reduction was observed...
- Preparation before colonoscopy: a randomized controlled trial comparing different regimesSita V Jansen
Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Atrium Medical Center Parkstad, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:897-902. 2011..Several preparations with a difference in composition and volume are available. We compared five methods for bowel cleansing quality and patients' acceptability...
- Drug interaction of levothyroxine with infant colic dropsMihirani Balapatabendi
Department of Paediatrics, Leicester Royal Infirmary, UHL NHS Trust, Leicester LE3 9EP, UK
Arch Dis Child 96:888-9. 2011..Clinicians and parents need to be aware of this interaction to avoid unnecessary undertreatment and prevent potential long-term neurological sequelae...
- Efficacy of a simethicone, activated charcoal and magnesium oxide combination (Carbosymag®) in functional dyspepsia: results of a general practice-based randomized trialBenoit Coffin
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Louis Mourier, AP HP, 178, rue des Renouillers, 92700 Colombes, France
Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol 35:494-9. 2011..A simethicone, activated charcoal and magnesium oxide combination (Carbosymag(®)) has been used for almost 20 years in functional dyspepsia, but there is limited scientific evidence of efficacy...
- Antifoam addition to shake flask cultures of recombinant Pichia pastoris increases yieldSarah J Routledge
School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Microb Cell Fact 10:17. 2011..A particular problem in these formats is foaming, which is commonly prevented by the addition of chemical antifoaming agents. Intriguingly, antifoams are often added without prior consideration of their effect on the yeast cells, the ..
- Comparison of three types of preparations for abdominal sonographyPaula N V Pinto
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Hospital A C Camargo, Rua Prof Antonio Prudente, 211, 01509 010, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Clin Ultrasound 39:203-8. 2011..The purpose of this randomized, prospective study was to evaluate the effect of three preparation types on the abdominal sonographic examination quality and on patient acceptance...
- Characterisation of HFBII biosurfactant production and foam fractionation with and without antifoaming agentsJames B Winterburn
School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science, The Mill, The University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 90:911-20. 2011..This study illustrates the potential of foam fractionation for efficient recovery of HFBII through simultaneous high enrichment and recovery which are greater than those reported for similar systems...
- alpha-Galactosidase from Bacillus megaterium VHM1 and its application in removal of flatulence-causing factors from soymilkAravind Goud G Patil
Department of Biochemistry, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga 585 106, Karnataka 585 106, India
J Microbiol Biotechnol 20:1546-54. 2010..The B megaterium VHM1 enzyme treatment completely hydrolyzed flatulence-causing sugars of soymilk within one and half hour...
- Survey of cyclic and linear siloxanes in sediment from the Songhua River and in sewage sludge from wastewater treatment plants, Northeastern ChinaZifeng Zhang
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12201 0509, USA
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 60:204-11. 2011..used in a wide range of industrial applications, such as fuel additives, automotive polishes and waxes, and antifoaming agents, as well as in personal care products and biomedical devices...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials of Simethicone for gastrointestinal endoscopic visibilityLiucheng Wu
Department of Colorectal and Anal Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi, China
Scand J Gastroenterol 46:227-35. 2011..The value of supplemental use of Simethicone in endoscopy including capsule endoscopy (CE), colonoscopy and esophagogastroduodenoscopy is not addressed and is controversial...
- The role of liquid simethicone in enhancing endoscopic visibility prior to esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD): A prospective, randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trialSuriya Keeratichananont
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 93:892-7. 2010..Simethicone improves endoscopic visibility and diagnostic accuracy during colonoscopy and capsule endoscopy. Nevertheless, there have been limited data on its usefulness in esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)...
- The role of simeticone in small-bowel preparation for capsule endoscopyZ Z Ge
Deparment of Gastroenterology, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Institute of Digestive Disease, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Endoscopy 38:836-40. 2006..However, there is as yet no standardized protocol for bowel preparation before the examination. The aim of this study was to assess the effectiveness of simeticone in reducing bowel gas bubbles in patients undergoing capsule endoscopy...
- Optimization of a sampling system for recovery and detection of airborne porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus and swine influenza virusJ R Hermann
Department of Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 1250, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:4811-8. 2006....
- Specific oral medications decrease the need for surgery in adhesive partial small-bowel obstructionShyr Chyr Chen
Department of Emergency Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, No 7 Chung Shan South Road, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Surgery 139:312-6. 2006..The goal of this study was to determine whether a combination of specific oral medications in adhesive, partial small-bowel obstruction will decrease the need for operative intervention...
- Treatment of diseases due to infections and old age using anti-foaming agentsPeter Joachim Reinemann
Windmuhlenstr 14, D 28857, SYKE, Germany
Med Hypotheses 60:903-6. 2003..Anti-foaming agents (solutions, all types of dispersions, micro-emulsions) based on polydimethylsiloxane but also based on fatty acid esters (preferably unsaturated fatty acids) are proposed for treatment purposes...
- [Intestinal gas and functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract]J Serra Pueyo
Servicio de Aparato Digestivo Hospital General Universitario Vall d Hebron Barcelona España
Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:263-9. 2003
- Silicone antifoam performance enhancement by nonionic surfactants in potato mediumSteven P Christiano
Dow Corning Corporation, P O Box 994, Midland MI 48686, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 30:13-21. 2003..At the SCAFC, desorption is not complete, yet the rate of bubble rupture is sufficiently enhanced to provide excellent foam control...
- Nonulcer dyspepsiaNimish Vakil
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Aurora Sinai Medical Center, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 4:455-8. 2002..They are promising but need further study. Data are limited on 5-HT(3) antagonists and hypnotherapy. New treatment approaches are necessary for this common and often chronic condition...
- [Flatulence]Raúl León Barúa
Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
Rev Gastroenterol Peru 22:234-42. 2002..For this reason, our concern for many years has been the study of symptoms and syndromes. In this review we will be looking at the concepts and information gathered with respect to intestinal gases, clinically known as flatulence...
- A review of antifoam mechanisms in fermentationR Pelton
Department of Chemical Engineering, JHE 136, McMaster University, Hamilton, L8S 4L7 Ontario, Canada
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 29:149-54. 2002..Reviewed are the types of defoamers and their mode of operation. Also presented is a simple model, which simulates foam growth as functions of defoamer concentration, air hold-up, reactor volume and air flow rate...
- Production of a Pseudomonas lipase in n-alkane substrate and its isolation using an improved ammonium sulfate precipitation techniqueLambit Kanwar
Biochemistry Division, Regional Research Laboratory, Jorhat, Assam, India
Bioresour Technol 84:207-11. 2002..05% (v/v) in the culture medium. High recovery of the lipase protein (83%) from the culture broth was achieved by treating the culture supernatant with Silicone 21 Defoamer followed by ammonium sulfate (60% saturation) fractionation...
- Improved US visualization of the pancreatic tail with simethicone, water, and patient rotationM M Abu-Yousef
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Radiology 217:780-5. 2000..To evaluate the effect of degassed water, simethicone, and patient rotation on ultrasonographic (US) visualization of the pancreatic tail...
- Recovery of proteins and microorganisms from cultivation media by foam flotationK Schügerl
Institute for Technical Chemistry, University of Hannover, Germany
Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol 68:191-233. 2000..Floatable and non-floatable microorganisms are characterized by their surface envelope properties. A mathematical model for cell recovery by flotation is presented. Possible application areas of cell recovery by flotation are discussed...
- Quantitative determination of dimethicone in commercial tablets and capsules by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and antifoaming activity testG Torrado
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Alcala de Henares University, Madrid, Spain
J Pharm Biomed Anal 19:285-92. 1999..The antifoaming activity test is able to detect incompatibilities between dimethicone and other constituents. The presence of certain enzymes in some medicinal products increases the defoaming properties of these formulations...
- Loperamide-simethicone vs loperamide alone, simethicone alone, and placebo in the treatment of acute diarrhea with gas-related abdominal discomfort. A randomized controlled trialM A Kaplan
Medical Department, McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Fort Washington, PA, USA
Arch Fam Med 8:243-8. 1999..Acute diarrhea with gas-related abdominal discomfort is a common, usually self-limited disorder with substantial social and economic impact...
- Cardiac depression after experimental air embolism in pigs: role of addition of a surface-active agentJ H van Blankenstein
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 34:473-82. 1997..The aim of the present study was to reduce depression of myocardial function from air embolism by lowering the surface tension of air bubbles...
- Susceptibility of Helicobacter pylori to simethicone and other non-antibiotic drugsR Ansorg
Institute of Medical Microbiology, University of Essen, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 37:45-52. 1996..It is concluded that gabexate mesilate, ketoconazole and, particularly, simethicone are candidates for treatment of H. pylori infection...
- The effectiveness of simethicone in improving visibility during colonoscopy when given with a sodium phosphate solution: a double-bind randomized studyR H Sudduth
Department of Medicine, Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045 5001, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 42:413-5. 1995..Oral sodium phosphate solution is better tolerated than polyethylene glycol when used for colonoscopy preparation, but visibility of the lumen can be impaired because of the presence of bubbles...
- Brain embolic phenomena associated with cardiopulmonary bypassV R Challa
Department of Pathology, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27157
J Neurol Sci 117:224-31. 1993..A glycolipid component is indicated by preliminary studies. SCADs are difficult to find in routine paraffin sections and most if not all of the offending material seems to be dissolved during processing.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Determination of traces of silicone defoamer in fruit juices by solvent extraction/atomic absorption spectroscopyE G Gooch
Dow Corning Corp, Analytical Research Dept, Midland, MI 48640 0995
J AOAC Int 76:581-3. 1993..Silicone concentrations as low as about 1 ppm can be measured. The juices are accurately spiked for recovery studies by the addition of silicone dispersed in D-sorbitol...
- Effect of lidocaine on ovalbumin and egg albumin foam stabilityVorakan Burapatana
Chemical Engineering Department, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 105:905-11. 2003..The foam stability was evaluated as the decay rate constant of the foam, determined from a change in height (or volume) of the foam over a given time period...
- Breathing air from protein foamDouglas Ackermann
Chemical Engineering Department, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 105:659-71. 2003..Preliminary results for the modified mask indicate feasibility of breathing air from air-filled protein foam...
- Effectiveness of laparoscopic fundoplication in relieving the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and eliminating antireflux medical therapyP K Papasavas
Minimally Invasive Surgical Program, West Perm Allegheny Health System, 4800 Friendship Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Surg Endosc 17:1200-5. 2003..We reviewed our results with laparoscopic fundoplication as a means of eliminating the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), improving quality of life, and freeing patients from chronic medical treatment for GERD...
- Treating infants' colicAlex L Rogovik
Can Fam Physician 51:1209-11. 2005..Several behavioural and complementary therapies have been suggested, but they have not been found effective. Addressing parental concerns and explaining about colic is the best solution until the colic goes away...
- Increased erythromycin production by alginate as a medium ingredient or immobilization support in cultures of Saccharopolyspora erythraeaJ Hamedi
Microbial Biotechnology Laboratory, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Biotechnol Lett 27:661-4. 2005..Highest titer of erythromycin (2.3 times more than that of the control) was achieved in medium containing 1 g agar/l...
- Chemical characterization of pitch deposits produced in the manufacturing of high-quality paper pulps from hemp fibersAna Gutierrez
Instituto de Recursos Naturales y Agrobiologia, CSIC, Seville, Spain
Bioresour Technol 96:1445-50. 2005..It was concluded that inappropriate use of defoamer together with the presence of multivalent ions seemed to be among the causes of hemp extractives deposition in the pitch problems reported here...
- The way to a man's heart is through his stomach: much 'diaphragmatic' attenuation is likely gastric, and effervescent granules enhance cardiac imagingSamson Munn
Eur J Radiol 52:271-5. 2004..These benefits may also apply to other sorts of cardiac radionuclide imaging. The significance of this new imaging method is discussed and various avenues of research are proposed...
- Defoaming effect of calcium soapHui Zhang
Department of Chemical Engineering, Rice University, Houston, TX 77251 1892, USA
J Colloid Interface Sci 279:539-47. 2004..It includes enhancement of calcium content in the electrical double layers of the surfactant micelles. Predictions of the model were in agreement with experiment...
- Simethicone for small bowel preparation for capsule endoscopy: a systematic, single-blinded, controlled studyJörg Albert
First Department of Medicine, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 59:487-91. 2004..Capsule endoscopy is a new imaging method for visualization of the entire small bowel. However, no standardized protocol for bowel preparation for capsule endoscopy has been evaluated...
- Improved quality of anorectal endoluminal ultrasonography using emulsion of dimethiconeFernando de la Portilla
Department of General Surgery, Hospital Juan Ramon Jimenez, Huelva, Spain
Dis Colon Rectum 46:1436-7. 2003..This study was designed to show the benefits of filling echography probes with water mixed with dimethicone to preclude artifacts caused by bubbles...
- Baclofen for hiccupsRobert Twycross
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 20:262; author reply 262. 2003
- [Peppermint drop--irritable intestine--cardiac insufficiency. What does flatus want to tell us?]B Wiedemann
MMW Fortschr Med 145:4-6. 2003
- Mechanism of antifoaming action of simethiconeL Brecevic
Laboratory for Precipitation Processes, Ruder Boskovic Institute, Zagreb, Croatia
J Appl Toxicol 14:207-11. 1994....
- Infacol to reduce the bubble effect at endoscopic ultrasonographyAndrew Day
Department of Surgery, Worthing and Southlands Hospitals NHS Trust, Lyndhurst Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 2DH, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 90:347. 2008
- Foam and its mitigation in fermentation systemsBeth Junker
Fermentation Development and Operations, Merck Research Laboratories, P O Box 2000, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
Biotechnol Prog 23:767-84. 2007..Finally, examples of specific foaming situations taken from both the literature and from actual experience in an industrial fermentation pilot plant are examined for their agreement with expected behavior...
- Occurrence and temporal variations of TMDD in the river Rhine, GermanyArlen A Guedez
Institute of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences, Department of Analytical Environmental Chemistry, J W Goethe University Frankfurt am Main, Altenhoferallee 1, 60438, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 17:321-30. 2010..3 km). Moreover, the transported load in the Rhine was investigated during two entire days and 7 weeks between November 2007 and January 2008...
- Interactions between surfactants and biomass during liquid-liquid extractionMark R Pursell
Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemical Technology, Imperial College London, UK
Biotechnol Prog 25:1686-94. 2009..The interaction between the antifoaming agent polypropylene glycol 2000 and extraction system components was also investigated, with both positive and negative effects being recorded under varying conditions...
- REGIONAL MECHANICS OF INJURED LUNGRolf Hubmayr; Fiscal Year: 1999..lungs and to study the effects of positive end-expiratory pressure, frequency, alveolar flooding, and antifoaming agents on these distributions...
- Multi-site Trial of Azathioprine Dosing in Crohn DiseaseStephen Hanauer; Fiscal Year: 2003..Predictive models will be performed to assess responsiveness based upon initial and inducible TPMT activity and achievable 6-TGN and 6-MMPR metabolite based upon incremental AZA dosing. ..
- Multi-site Trial of Azathioprine Dosing in Crohn DiseaseStephen Hanauer; Fiscal Year: 2004..Predictive models will be performed to assess responsiveness based upon initial and inducible TPMT activity and achievable 6-TGN and 6-MMPR metabolite based upon incremental AZA dosing. ..