Genomes and Genes
cation exchange resins
Summary: High molecular weight insoluble polymers which contain functional anionic groups that are capable of undergoing exchange reactions with cations.
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- Solid-phase refolding of cyclodextrin glycosyltransferase adsorbed on cation-exchange resinDae Hyuk Kweon
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Biotechnol Prog 20:277-83. 2004..Taken together with the previous report in which a series of polycations were explored for efficient purification, expression of a target protein fused with a strong polycation provides a straightforward protein preparation scheme...
- Cation exchange chromatography in antibody purification: pH screening for optimised binding and HCP removalAndreas Stein
Merck KGaA, Frankfurter Strasse 250, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 848:151-8. 2007..With this pH we ran labscale columns to purify monoclonal antibody. The cation exchangers showed high step yields and host cell proteins in the pools from gradient elution were reduced very effectively...
- Effects of ionic strength on lysozyme uptake rates in cation exchangers. I: Uptake in SP Sepharose FFS R Dziennik
Department of Chemical Engineering, Center for Molecular and Engineering Thermodynamics, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 91:139-53. 2005..In addition, the results provide heuristics for the optimization of chromatographic conditions...
- Sample clean-up method for analysis of complex-type N-glycans released from glycopeptidesMiyako Nakano
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kinki University, Kowakae 3 4 1, Higashi Osaka 577 8502, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1005:13-21. 2003..In the model study presented here, we were able to obtain N-glycans for HPAEC analyses without any interfering materials by a combination of TNBS reaction and graphitized carbon treatment...
- High-speed simultaneous ion-exclusion/cation-exchange chromatography of anions and cations on a weakly acidic cation-exchange resin columnMasanobu Mori
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology at Seto, 110 Nishiibara cho, Seto, Aichi 489 0884, Japan
J Chromatogr A 997:219-24. 2003..36 to 0.68 microM for anions and 0.63-0.99 microM for cations. This method has been applied to the simultaneous determination of anions and cations in several environmental waters with satisfactory results...
- Selection of pH-related parameters in ion-exchange chromatography using pH-gradient operationsTangir Ahamed
Department of Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 1194:22-9. 2008..5 or anion-exchange chromatography (AEX) at pH 7.2 without lowering the salt concentration in the CCS. The performance of both CEX and AEX was predicted to be equal for this particular MAb capture...
- Vacancy ion-exclusion chromatography of aromatic carboxylic acids on a weakly acidic cation-exchange resinMurad I H Helaleh
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Graduate School of Engineering, Chubu University, Seto 489 0884, Japan
J Chromatogr A 997:139-44. 2003..66, 0.67, 0.42 and 0.86 microM and detector responses were linear in the range 1-100, 1-80, 2.5-100 and 10-40 microM, for SA, NTCA, PA and BA, respectively. Precision for retention times was 0.36% and for peak areas was 1.5%...
- Vacancy ion-exclusion chromatography of haloacetic acids on a weakly acidic cation-exchange resinMurad I H Helaleh
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 110 Nishiibara cho, Seto, Aichi 489 0884, Japan
J Chromatogr A 997:133-8. 2003..The detection limits of these acids in the present study with conductivity detection were 3.4 microM for monochloroacetic acid, 0.86 microM for dichloroacetic acid and 0.15 microM for trichloroacetic acid...
- Ion-exclusion chromatography with conductimetric detection of aliphatic carboxylic acids on a weakly acidic cation-exchange resin by elution with benzoic acid-beta-cyclodextrinKazuhiko Tanaka
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 110 Nishiibara cho, Seto, Aichi 489 0884, Japan
J Chromatogr A 997:127-32. 2003..The ion-exclusion chromatographic separation of carboxylic acids with high resolution and sensitivity was accomplished successfully by elution with a 1 mM benzoic acid-10 mM cyclodextrin solution without chemical suppression...
- Monolithic column with double mixed-modes of hydrophilic interaction/cation-exchange and reverse-phase/cation-exchange stationary phase for pressurized capillary electrochromatographyJiabin Wang
Department of Chemistry, Fuzhou University, Fuzhou, Fujian, P R China
Electrophoresis 29:928-35. 2008..Effects of salt concentration and ACN content on the separation have also been investigated. High column efficiencies of up to 352 000 plates/meter were obtained by the separation of narcotic pharmaceuticals...
- Simultaneous determination of cations, zwitterions and neutral compounds using mixed-mode reversed-phase and cation-exchange high-performance liquid chromatographyJingyi Li
Analytical Research and Development, Celgene Corporation, Summit, NJ 07091, USA
J Chromatogr A 1185:185-93. 2008..Moreover, the method performance characteristics of selectivity, sensitivity and accuracy have been demonstrated to be suitable to determine the related impurities in the capsules of Drug A...
- High-performance cation-exchange chromatofocusing of proteinsXuezhen Kang
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, University of Maryland Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
J Chromatogr A 991:117-28. 2003....
- Theory and applications of a novel ion exchange chromatographic technology using controlled pH gradients for separating proteins on anionic and cationic stationary phasesLatchezar I Tsonev
CryoBioPhysica, Inc, Biomedical Research Institute, 12111 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Chromatogr A 1200:166-82. 2008....
- Preparative weak cation-exchange chromatography of monoclonal antibody variants I. Single-component adsorptionLena Melter
Institute for Chemical and Bioengineering, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Chromatogr A 1200:156-65. 2008..A correlation describing the effect of the separation conditions on the diffusion rate is therefore needed in order to have a fully predictive mathematical model...
- Co-eluent effect in partition chromatography. Rhamnose-xylose separation with strong and weak cation-exchangers in aqueous ethanolJari Tiihonen
Lappeenranta University of Technology, Laboratory of Industrial Chemistry, P O Box 20, FIN 53851 Lappeenranta, Finland
J Chromatogr A 982:69-84. 2002..The experimental data were successfully explained with a rate-based column model, which accounted for the volume changes of the stationary phase. A thermodynamic sorption model was utilized in column calculations...
- Gravity-flow open tubular cation chromatographyPetr Kuban
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Mendel University of Agriculture and Forestry, Zemedelska 1, Brno, Czech Republic
J Sep Sci 31:2745-53. 2008..75 mM pyridinedicarboxylic acid as an eluent. Contactless conductometric detection (C(4)D) allows LODs down to 150 nmol/L, corresponding to 30 fmol injections. Analysis of real water samples is demonstrated...
- Integrated strategy for selective expanded bed ion-exchange adsorption and site-specific protein processing using gene fusion technologyTorbjörn Gräslund
Department of Biotechnology, Royal Institute of Technology KTH, SCFAB, S 106 91, Stockholm, Sweden
J Biotechnol 96:93-102. 2002..The strategy also includes an integrated site-specific removal of the Z(basic) purification handle to yield a free target protein...
- pH Transitions in ion-exchange systems: role in the development of a cation-exchange process for a recombinant proteinSanchayita Ghose
Product Recovery, Immunex Corporation, 51 University Street, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Biotechnol Prog 18:530-7. 2002..The results from this study were applied to the cation-exchange step for a recombinant protein that was sensitive to pH excursions to help maintain activity of the protein during the purification process...
- Mass transfer effects in preparative chromatography of eremomycin on polymeric sorbentsIrina V Polyakova
Department of Biopolymers, Institute of Molecular Compounds, Russian Academy of Sciences, Bolshoi pr 31, St Petersburg, Russia
J Chromatogr A 1006:251-60. 2003..The optimal conditions for sorption and complete desorption of eremomycin were found...
- Automated injection of uncleaned samples using a ten-port switching valve and a strong cation-exchange trap column for proteome analysisFangjun Wang
National Chromatographic R and A Center, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116023, China
J Chromatogr A 1171:56-62. 2007....
- Preparation and characterization of prototypes for multi-modal separation aimed for capture of positively charged biomolecules at high-salt conditionsBo Lennart Johansson
Research and Development, Amersham Biosciences, SE 751 84, Uppsala, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 1016:35-49. 2003..Varying the ligand ratio (SP/Phenyl) could be used for optimizing the function of mixed-ligand ion-exchange media...
- Enrichment and identification of cysteine-containing peptides from tryptic digests of performic oxidized proteins by strong cation exchange LC and MALDI-TOF/TOF MSJingquan Dai
Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, China
Anal Chem 77:7594-604. 2005..The strength of the strategy was demonstrated by applying it to bovine serum albumin. Potential use of the strategy in proteomics was also discussed...
- Influence of acidic eluent for retention behaviors of common anions and cations by ion-exclusion/cation-exchange chromatography on a weakly acidic cation-exchange resin in the H+ -formMasanobu Mori
Faculty of Engineering, Gunma University, Kiryu, Gunma 376 8515, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1118:51-5. 2006..1-2.9% for anions and 1.8-4.5% for cations. This method was successfully applied to hot spring water containing strong acid anions, weak acid anions and cations, with satisfactory results...
- [Studies of chromatographic behaviors of proteins on synthesized cation-exchanger]Rong Li
School of Life Science and Technology, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710049, China
Se Pu 22:134-7. 2004..The interaction between chelating weak cation-exchanger and metal ions was examined. The retention mechanism of protein in metal chelating chromatography was explored...
- [Adsorption condition optimization for anti-HBsAg Fab fragment separation and purification from E. coli using Streamline SP]Yu Xian Huang
Department of Oncology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 26:409-13. 2006..To optimize the adsorption condition of cation-exchange chromatographic media Streamline SP for separation and purification of anti-HBsAg Fab fragment from E. coli...
- Role of zwitterionic structures in the solid-phase extraction based method development for clean up of tetracycline and oxytetracycline from honeyShahana Huq
Phenomenex, Inc, 411 Madrid Ave, Torrance, CA 90501, USA
J Chromatogr A 1135:12-8. 2006....
- Effect of spacer arm length on protein retention on a strong cation exchange adsorbentPeter DePhillips
Merck Research Laboratories, Sumneytown Road, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Anal Chem 76:5816-22. 2004..The results indicate that spacer arm length may be a useful variable in manipulating stationary-phase retention properties...
- Protein separations with induced pH gradients using cation-exchange chromatographic columns containing weak acid groupsTimothy M Pabst
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22904 4741, USA
J Chromatogr A 1181:83-94. 2008....
- Ion exchange chromatography of antibody fragmentsAnders Ljunglöf
GE Healthcare, Bio Sciences AB, SE 751 84 Uppsala, Sweden
Biotechnol Bioeng 96:515-24. 2007..Such results are in agreement with recent studies related to ion exchange of whole antibody molecules under similar conditions...
- Relative retention of the fibroblast growth factors FGF-1 and FGF-2 on strong cation-exchange sorbentsPeter DePhillips
Merck Research Laboratories, Sumneytown Road, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Chromatogr A 1036:51-60. 2004..These observations are interpreted in terms of the structural features of the proteins and the physicochemical properties of the adsorbents...
- Cation exchangers for selective sorption of large proteinsO V Ochkur
Institute of Macromolecular Compounds, Russian Academy of Science, Bolshoi pr 31, St Petersburg, Russian Federation
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 849:231-5. 2007..The dependence of sorption selectivity on protein size and on concentration of ionogenic groups was demonstrated...
- Parallel screening of selective and high-affinity displacers for proteins in ion-exchange systemsKaushal Rege
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 110 8th Street, Troy, NY 12180, USA
J Chromatogr A 1033:19-28. 2004..The results presented in this paper demonstrate that this parallel batch screening-QSER approach can be employed for the identification of selective and high-affinity displacers for protein mixtures...
- Application of a chromatography model with linear gradient elution experimental data to the rapid scale-up in ion-exchange process chromatography of proteinsTakashi Ishihara
CMC R and D Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Division, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, Takasaki, Gunma 370 0013, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1162:34-40. 2007..Resolution, recovery and purity were examined in order to verify the proposed method...
- Rational method for designing efficient separations by chromatography on polystyrene-divinylbenzene resins eluted with aqueous ethanolShuichi Yamamoto
Laboratory of Bioprocess Engineering, School of Engineering and Graduate School of Medicine, Yamaguchi University, Tokiwadai, Ube 755 8611, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1162:50-5. 2007..Stepwise elution experiments were also designed and performed successfully on the basis of the K-I curve...
- Simultaneous determination of N-oxides and free bases of pyrrolizidine alkaloids by cation-exchange solid-phase extraction and ion-pair high-performance liquid chromatographyTomasz Mroczek
Department of Pharmacognosy, Medical University, Lublin, Poland
J Chromatogr A 949:249-62. 2002..For the last three samples macrocyclic PAs (senecionine, senecionine-N-oxide. senkirkine) have been detected for the first time. Details of precision of the analyses are also included...
- Influence of column type and chromatographic conditions on the ion-exchange chromatography of immunoglobulinsY B Yang
Separations Group, Inc, Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
J Chromatogr A 743:171-80. 1996..Significant differences in the chromatographic behavior (elution pattern, peak shape and selectivity) of the test samples are discussed in regard to the column type and the chromatographic conditions...
- Determinants of protein retention characteristics on cation-exchange adsorbentsP DePhillips
Merck Research Laboratories, Sumneytown Rd, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Chromatogr A 933:57-72. 2001..Protein retention was increased on adsorbents with pore size distributions that include significant amounts of pore space with dimensions similar to those of the protein solute...
- Characterisation of the novel restriction endonuclease SuiI from Sulfolobus islandicusStefan Söllner
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Bayreuth, Universitatstrasse 30, 95447 Bayreuth, Germany
Extremophiles 10:629-34. 2006..The cleavage occurs after the first guanosine base and is inhibited by 5-methyl-cytosine methylation. The restriction activity is salt-sensitive and has an optimal activity around 70 degrees C...
- Characterization and application of strong ion-exchange membrane adsorbers as stationary phases in high-performance liquid chromatography of proteinsO W Reif
, , Germany
J Chromatogr A 654:29-41. 1993..Appropriate conditions were defined for the separation of human serum and for the isolation of subtilisin Carlsberg and beta-galactosidase from cell culture supernatants...
- Comparison of protein adsorption isotherms and uptake rates in preparative cation-exchange materialsC Chang
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Delaware, Newark 19716, USA
J Chromatogr A 827:281-93. 1998..Additional information is required to elucidate further the mechanisms of coupled diffusion and adsorption in stationary phases...
- Synthesis of monodisperse poly(chloromethylstyrene-co-divinylbenzene) beads and their application in separation of biopolymersBolin Gong
Key Laboratory of Energy and Chemical Engineering, Ningxia University, Yinchuan 750021, P R China
J Sep Sci 28:2546-50. 2005..0 min with only one step. The purity and specific bioactivity of the purified lysozyme were found to be more than 93% and 70 245 U/mg, respectively...
- Protein adsorption on novel acrylamido-based polymeric ion-exchangers. I. Morphology and equilibrium adsorptionA K Hunter
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22903-2442, USA
J Chromatogr A 897:65-80. 2000..For these ion-exchangers, high protein adsorption capacities are attained when a low-density polymer gel with a high concentration of functional groups is present...
- Simplified in-line sample preparation for amino acid analysis in carbohydrate containing samplesP Jandik
Dionex Corporation, Research and Development, Sunnyvale, CA 94088-3603, USA
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 758:189-96. 2001..99. The mean value of relative standard deviations from five replicates was 3.9%. The usefulness of the method is illustrated with two chromatograms of a carrot juice sample obtained before and after the in-line removal of carbohydrates...
- Volumetric interpretation of protein adsorption: ion-exchange adsorbent capacity, protein pI, and interaction energeticsHyeran Noh
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Huck Institute of Life Sciences and Materials Research Institute, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Biomaterials 29:2033-48. 2008....
- Analysis of the physicochemical interactions between Clostridium difficile toxins and cholestyramine using liquid chromatography with post-column derivatizationG P Palace
Analytical Chemistry Department, GelTex Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 153 Second Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1546:171-84. 2001..Binding to strong cation exchange resins (sulfonate-PHM) was not observed...
- [Multiple type I pseudohypoaldosteronism: neonatal management and outcome]M Cristina De Frutos Martínez
Servicio de Neonatologia, Hospital Infantil La Paz, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid
An Esp Pediatr 52:47-51. 2000..The treatment consisted of salt and sodium bicarbonate supplements, restricted potassium intake, cation exchange resins and high fluid intake. During first year she was hospitalized for severe salt-losing crises...
- Identification of S-methylmethionine in Petit Manseng grapes as dimethyl sulphide precursor in wineN Loscos
Dpto De Química Analítica Facultad de Ciencias Universidad de Zaragoza, C Pedro Cerbuna no 12, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 621:24-9. 2008..SMM peak identification and quantification (401.2nmolmL(-1) relatively to norleucine used as internal standard) were carried out by comparison with commercial SMM...
- Effect of polysulfonate resins and direct compression fillers on multiple-unit sustained-release dextromethorphan resinate tabletsThaned Pongjanyakul
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
AAPS PharmSciTech 6:E190-7. 2005..DMP resinates were formed by a complexation of DMP and strong cation exchange resins, Dowex 50 W and Amberlite IRP69...
- On-line cation exchange for suppression of adduct formation in negative-ion electrospray mass spectrometry of nucleic acidsC G Huber
Institute of Analytical Chemistry and Radiochemistry, Leopold Franzens University, Innsbruck, Austria
Anal Chem 70:5288-95. 1998..2-20 microM with selected-ion monitoring. Finally, the on-line sample preparation system was evaluated for the mass spectrometric analysis of complex oligonucleotide mixtures...
- Preparation of phytate-removed deamidated soybean globulins by ion exchangers and characterization of their calcium-binding abilityHitomi Kumagai
Department of Agricultural and Biological Chemistry, College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University, 1866 Kameino, Fujisawa shi 252 8510, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 50:172-6. 2002..10 g/mL of CE-4 in a 0.2% soybean globulin solution for 6 h at 4 degrees C. The amount of calcium bound to the soybean globulins decreased with removal of the phytate but increased with deamidation...
- Formulation design of ranitidine hydrochloride to reduce its moisture absorption characteristicsShagufta Khan
Department of Pharmaceutics, Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Borgaon Meghe Wardha, Maharashtra, India
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 63:226-33. 2009..Drug resin complexes (DRCs) were prepared using the batch method with (i) two weak cation exchange resins, Polacrilex with exchangeable H+ and Polacrillin potassium; and (ii) a strong cation exchange resin;Sodium ..
- Selective factor VIII and V inactivation by iminodiacetate ion exchange resin through metal ion adsorptionMasahiro Takeyama
Department of Paediatrics, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
Br J Haematol 142:962-70. 2008..Furthermore, iminodiacetate resin-treated plasma would be useful as a substrate for measuring the activity of these factors...
- [13C] GC-C-IRMS analysis of methylboronic acid derivatives of glucose from liver glycogen after the ingestion of [13C] labeled tracers in ratsCatherine Luengo
INRA, CNRH IdF, UMR914 Nutrition Physiology and Ingestive Behavior, F 75005 Paris, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 877:3638-44. 2009..Hepatic glycogen was extracted, digested to glucose and purified on anion-cation exchange resins. After the optimization of methylboronic acid derivatization using GC-MS, [(13)C] enrichment of extracted ..
- Anion chromatography using on-line recycled eluentsTakashi Yokoyama
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Okayama University of Science, 1 1 Ridai cho, Okayama 700 0005, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1089:82-6. 2005..The performance of the anion chromatography, using on-line recycled eluents, was the same as that for normal anion chromatography under the same conditions...
- Combined ion exchange treatment for removal of dissolved organic matter and hardnessJennifer N Apell
Department of Environmental Engineering Sciences, University of Florida, P O Box 116450, Gainesville, FL 32611 6450, USA
Water Res 44:2419-30. 2010..Hardness ions can be removed with cation exchange resins, although typically using a fixed bed reactor at the end of a treatment train...
- Effect of phytate-removal and deamidation of soybean proteins on calcium absorption in the in situ ratsHitomi Kumagai
Department of Agricultural and Biological Chemistry, College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University, 1866 Kameino, Fujisawa shi 252 8510, Japan
Biofactors 22:21-4. 2004..As a result, PrDS retained their high calcium binding properties even after hydrolysis by digestive enzymes. In situ experiments showed that PrDS and their hydrolysates enhanced the calcium absorption from the intestine...
- Highly efficient removal of heavy metals by polymer-supported nanosized hydrated Fe(III) oxides: behavior and XPS studyBingjun Pan
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, PR China
Water Res 44:815-24. 2010..More attractively, the exhausted HFO-001 beads can be effectively regenerated by HCl-NaCl solution (pH 3) for repeated use without any significant capacity loss...
- Simple and rapid analytical method for detection of amino acids in blood using blood spot on filter paper, fast-GC/MS and isotope dilution techniqueShuichi Kawana
Department of Pediatrics, Shimane University School of Medicine, 89 1 En ya cho, Izumo, Shimane 693 8501, Japan
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 878:3113-8. 2010..These results indicate that this method provides a simple and rapid procedure for precise determination of amino acids in whole blood...
- Control of plant diseases with secondary metabolite of Clitocybe nudaJin Tong Chen
Department of Plant Pathology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
N Biotechnol 26:193-8. 2009..It was also exchangeable by anion but not cation exchange resins, indicating that the inhibitor has a molecular weight between 1000 and 500, and negative charge on its ..
- Ion exchange chromatography of monoclonal antibodies: effect of resin ligand density on dynamic binding capacityAnn Marie Hardin
Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Chromatogr A 1216:4366-71. 2009Dynamic binding capacity (DBC) of a monoclonal antibody on agarose based strong cation exchange resins is determined as a function of resin ligand density, apparent pore size of the base matrix, and protein charge...
- Coadsorption of trivalent metal ions and anions on strongly acidic cation-exchange resins by bridge bondingTakanori Matsuura
Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso, Showa, Nagoya, 466 8555, Japan
Anal Chem 80:9666-71. 2008..These findings indicate that the bridge bonding of anions between the metal ions adsorbed on the resins of the higher exchange capacities plays a crucial role for the coadsorption. Some analytical implication was also discussed...
- Extraction of extracellular polymeric substances from extreme acidic microbial biofilmsAngeles Aguilera
Centro de Astrobiología INTA CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 78:1079-88. 2008..8 and Crown Ether cation exchange resins) were tested...
- Role of the ligand density in cation exchange materials for the purification of proteinsAgnes Franke
Institute for Chemical and Bioengineering, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Chromatogr A 1217:2216-25. 2010The performance of functionalized materials, such as cation exchange resins, is dependent not only on the ligand type and ligand density, but also on the pore accessibility of the target molecule...
- Sample preparation and in-solution protease digestion of proteins for chromatography-based proteomic analysisMichael P Washburn
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Curr Protoc Protein Sci . 2008..are directly loaded onto a microcapillary column packed sequentially with reversed-phase and strong cation exchange resins. Once digested protein samples are loaded onto the column, the column is placed in-line between a high-..
- Formulation and In vitro Evaluation of Sustained Release Dosage Form with Taste Masking of Metformin HydrochlorideP K Bhoyar
S K B College of Pharmacy, New Kamptee, Nagpur 441 002, India
Indian J Pharm Sci 72:184-90. 2010..Results showed that metformin HCl was successfully taste masked and formulated into a sustained dosage form as an alternative to the conventional tablet...
- Selection and evaluation of adsorbents for the removal of anionic surfactants from laundry rinsing waterNatasja Schouten
Wetsus, Centre for Sustainable Water Technology, Agora 1, PO Box 1113, 8900 CC Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Water Res 41:4233-41. 2007..02-0.6 gLAS/g. Negatively charged materials, such as cation exchange resins or bentonite clay, have negligible adsorption capacities for LAS...
- Cadmium sorption characteristics of phosphorylated sago starch-extraction residueMasato Igura
Graduate School of Bio Applications and Systems Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2 24 16 Nakacho, Koganei, Tokyo 184 8588, Japan
J Hazard Mater 178:686-92. 2010..2 mg g(-1), which is almost half the capacity of commercially available weakly acidic cation exchange resins. The phosphorylated residue could be reused several times, although cadmium sorption gradually decreased ..
- Removal of Pb from a calcareous soil during EDTA-enhanced electrokinetic extractionS Amrate
Laboratory of Hydrometallurgy and Molecular Inorganic Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Science and Technology Houari Boumediene USTHB, Bab Ezzouar, Algiers, Algeria
Sci Total Environ 349:56-66. 2005..Thus, simultaneous recovery of EDTA and lead from their chelated solutions has been made possible using the same set-up and by controlling fluids chemistry...
- Understanding medication errors: discussion of a case involving a urinary catheter implicated in a wrong route errorRodney W Hicks
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing, Lubbock, TX, USA
Urol Nurs 28:454-9. 2008..Awareness of national trends for patient safety, including emerging changes leading to best practices, updates to National Patient Safety Goals, and changes in national policy, can reduce the risk of error involvement...
- Dedicated removal of immunoglobulin (Ig)A, IgM, and Factor (F)XI/activated FXI from human plasma IgGYu Wen Wu
Institute of Medical Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, College of Oral Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan Research and Development, Chromatography Applications, Pall Life Sciences, Cergy, France Pall Life Sciences, Northborough, Massachusetts Human Protein Process Sciences HPPS, Lille, France
Transfusion 54:169-78. 2014..Some adverse events are due to contaminants like IgA and activated Factor (F)XI. Therefore, new purification strategies are needed for dedicated removal of these contaminants without impairing IgG recovery...
- Development of an online two-dimensional nano-scale liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry method for improved chromatographic performance and hydrophobic peptide recoveryHongji Liu
Waters Corporation, Milford, MA 01757, USA
J Chromatogr A 1135:43-51. 2006..coli peptides identified from the RP fractions. These peptides, which were 19% of all E. coli peptides identified from a 2D run, would not have been identified without the application of the RP gradient to the SCX column...
- Simultaneous determination of creatinine, creatine, and UV-absorbing amino acids using dual-mode gradient low-capacity cation-exchange chromatographyYukio Yokoyama
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, Yokohama National University, Tokiwadai, Hodogaya, Yokohama 240 8501, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1085:110-6. 2005..The developed method is very practical and can provide useful information and results for the clinical or biomedical researches with low analytical run costs...
- Cation exchange/hydrophobic interaction monolithic chromatography of small molecules and proteins by nano liquid chromatographyCemil Aydoğan
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry Division, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
J Sep Sci 36:1685-92. 2013..Theoretical plate number up to 52,000 plates/m was successfully achieved. The prepared monolith was further applied to the proteins with different acetonitrile content...
- Zr and U determination at trace level in simulated deep groundwater by Q ICP-MS using extraction chromatographyC Gautier
Commissariat à l Énergie Atomique et aux Énergies Alternatives, CEA Saclay, DEN DANS DPC SEARS LASE, Batiment 459, PC 171, 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Talanta 106:1-7. 2013..Compared to a sample dilution implemented to reduce the matrix effects, the developed preconcentration method allowed improving the sensitivity up to a 20 fold factor for Zr and U measurements at trace level by Q ICP-MS...
- Comparison of gaseous oxidized Hg measured by KCl-coated denuders, and nylon and cation exchange membranesJiaoyan Huang
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences, University of Nevada, Reno, 1664, N Virginia Street, Reno, Nevada 89557, United States
Environ Sci Technol 47:7307-16. 2013..Understanding the chemistry of GOM across space and time has important implications for those developing policy regarding this environmental contaminant. ..
- Preparation, characterization, and process performance of composite fibrous adsorbents as cation exchangers for high throughput and high capacity bioseparationsPoondi Rajesh Gavara
Downstream Processing Laboratory, Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH, Campus Ring 1, D 28759 Bremen, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 903:14-22. 2012..5% yeast homogenate. Summarizing, the composite fibrous adsorbents exhibited superior performance during early protein capture and intermediate-resolution applications...
- Improved N(α)-acetylated peptide enrichment following dimethyl labeling and SCXSin Hong Chen
Department of Biological Science and Technology, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Pingtung, Taiwan
J Proteome Res 12:3277-87. 2013..Compared to other methods, this method is relatively simple and can be directly implemented in a two-dimensional separation (SCX-RP)-mass spectrometry scheme for quantitative N-terminal proteomics using stable-isotope dimethyl labeling. ..
- Amberlyst-15 and Amberlite-200C: efficient catalysts for aldol and cross-aldol condensation under ultrasound irradiationAchraf Lahyani
Laboratory of Applied Chemistry Heterocyclics, Fats and Polymers, Faculty of Sciences, University of Sfax, Route de soukra Km 3, 5, 3038 Sfax, Tunisia
Ultrason Sonochem 20:1296-301. 2013..Several trans-chalcones and α,α'-bis(arylmethylidene) cycloalkanones were synthesized in good yields and excellent selectivity in a short reaction time...
- Application of imaging capillary IEF for characterization and quantitative analysis of recombinant protein charge heterogeneityZoran Sosic
Analytical Development, Biogen Idec, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Electrophoresis 29:4368-76. 2008..Some aspects of the method specificity for use as an identity test in biopharmaceutical development have been discussed...
- Ammonium removal from anaerobic digester effluent by ion exchangeT Wirthensohn
Department of IFA Tulln, Institute for Environmental Biotechnology, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences Vienna, Konrad Lorenz Strasse 20, 3430 Tulln, Austria
Water Sci Technol 60:201-10. 2009..74 mg/l; Ca2+= 1.79 mg/l). The aim of this study was to remove this ammonium by ion exchange. Acidic gel cation exchange resins and clinoptilolite were tested in column experiments to evaluate their capacity, flow rates and pH...
- [Sulfonation modification-assisted enrichment and identification of histidine-containing peptides by strong cation exchange chromatography and mass spectrometry]Dong Cao
Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, China
Se Pu 27:158-63. 2009..It is feasible to isolate and enrich the histidine-containing peptides by using this method which has the potential applications in proteomics...
- iTRAQ experimental design for plasma biomarker discoveryXiaomin Song
Australian Proteome Analysis Facility Ltd, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
J Proteome Res 7:2952-8. 2008..Our findings are discussed in the context of optimizing iTRAQ experimental design for robust plasma-based biomarker discovery...
- Preparation of soluble proteins from Escherichia coliPaul T Wingfield
National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Curr Protoc Protein Sci . 2005..The purification protocol described is typical for a protein that is expressed in fairly high abundance (i.e., >5% total protein) and accumulates in a soluble state...
- A high yield multi-method extraction protocol for protein quantification in activated sludgeRas Monique
Laboratoire de Biologie appliquée à l Agro alimentaire et à l Environnement, Institut Universitaire de Technologie, Universite Toulouse III, 24 Rue d Embaquès, 32000 Auch, France
Bioresour Technol 99:7464-71. 2008..Thus, further qualitative studies may not be biased by the extraction protocol...
- Cation exchange resins as pharmaceutical carriers for methylene blue: binding and releaseFelix Gut
Department of Internal Medicine VI, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:582-7. 2008..The binding to seven cation exchange resins was studied. Ion exchangers on acrylic or methacrylic acid basis bound between 1.54 and 2...
- Pre-concentration of trace elements in short chain alcohols using different commercial cation exchange resins prior to inductively coupled plasma-optical emission spectrometric detectionPhiliswa N Nomngongo
Department of Applied Chemistry, University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, 2028, South Africa
Anal Chim Acta 787:78-86. 2013..The optimized method was applied to the separation and pre-concentration of metal ions in different commercial alcohol samples...
- Debromination of decabrominated diphenyl ether by resin-bound iron nanoparticlesAn Li
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Environ Sci Technol 41:6841-6. 2007....
- Recovery of nickel ions from simulated electroplating rinse water by electrodeionization processH Lu
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Nankai University, Nankai District, 300071 Tianjin, China
Water Sci Technol 61:729-35. 2010..7. The experiment results demonstrated that, just in a single process, it was feasible to purifying and concentrating dilute nickel wastewater synchronously by the EDI technology...
- Improved purification process for cholera toxin and its application to the quantification of residual toxin in cholera vaccinesHyun Jang
Vaccine Development Section, Laboratory Sciences Division, International Vaccine Institute, Seoul, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 19:108-12. 2009..The G(M1) ganglioside-binding ELISA was shown to be very sensitive and capable of detecting as little as 1 ng/ml of cholera toxin...
- In-situ graft-polymerization preparation of cation-exchange supermacroporous cryogel with sulfo groups in glass columnsKejian Yao
State Key Laboratory Breeding Base of Green Chemistry Synthesis Technology, College of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310032, China
J Chromatogr A 1157:246-51. 2007..Chromatography of lysozyme was carried out to reveal the protein breakthrough and elution characteristics in the obtained cryogel beds...
- Comparison between the effect of strongly and weakly cationic exchange resins on matrix physical properties and the controlled release of diphenhydramine hydrochloride from matricesPrasert Akkaramongkolporn
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Silpakorn University, Nakhon Pathom, 73000, Thailand
AAPS PharmSciTech 11:1104-14. 2010..The results of this study provided useful information on the utilization of ion exchange resins as release modifiers in matrix systems...
- Immobilization of polyethylenimine nanoclusters onto a cation exchange resin through self-crosslinking for selective Cu(II) removalYiliang Chen
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, School of the Environment, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
J Hazard Mater 190:1037-44. 2011..Also, the spent composite adsorbent can be readily regenerated by HCl (0.3M)-NaCl (0.5M) binary solution for repeated use with negligible capacity loss...
- Kinetics of esterification of acidified oil with different alcohols by a cation ion-exchange resin/polyethersulfone hybrid catalytic membraneHonglei Zhang
School of Chemical Engineering, Shandong University of Technology, Zibo 255049, PR China
Bioresour Technol 112:28-33. 2012..Furthermore, pseudo-homogeneous kinetic models of the esterification of acidified oil with the four alcohols were established according to the experimental data. The kinetic models can well predict the FFA conversion...
- Methanogenesis in membraneless microbial electrolysis cellsPeter Clauwaert
Laboratory of Microbial Ecology and Technology LabMET, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, 9000, Ghent, Belgium
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 82:829-36. 2009....
- Sulfonated and sulfoacylated poly(styrene-divinylbenzene) copolymers as packing materials for cation chromatographyAndrey V Pirogov
Chemistry Department, Moscow State University, GPS 2, Lenin Hills, 119992, Moscow, Russia
Anal Bioanal Chem 376:745-52. 2003..It was found that the separation of alkaline ions and 1,1-dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) were much better that those for the commercial material...
- Confirmatory determination of six penicillins in honey by liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometryJian Wang
Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Calgary Laboratory, 3650 36th St, NW, Calgary, T2L 2L1, AB, Canada
J AOAC Int 87:45-55. 2004..The method limits of confirmation (microg/kg) were 0.44 for amoxicillin, 0.52 for ampicillin, 0.23 for penicillin G, 0.14 for oxacillin, 0.14 for cloxacillin, and 0.15 for dicloxacillin when a sample size of 5 g honey was used...
- Evaluation of analyte stability and method ruggedness in the determination of streptomycin residues in honey by liquid chromatography with post-column derivatizationGuo Fang Pang
Qinhuangdao Entry Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau, 39 Haibin Rd, Qinhuangdao, Hebei, PC 066002, People s Republic of China
J AOAC Int 87:39-44. 2004..The continuous 4-year quality analysis also found that C18 solid-phase extraction cartridges should be standardized to ensure that the analytical results are accurate when different lots of cartridges are used...
- Mass influences in the performance of oligomeric poly(diallyldimethylammonium chloride) as displacer for cation-exchange displacement chromatography of proteinsB Schmidt
Department of Chemistry, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne, Ecublens
J Chromatogr A 944:149-59. 2002..3 x 10(16) and a steric factor of 224. Using this substance as displacer, a sample mixture containing up to three proteins was separated and the proteins recovered at high yields (80-97%) and in high purity and concentration...
- "Giant diverticulum" sigmoid colonJan Willem R Mulder
Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Surg 195:130. 2002
- Retention of alkali, alkaline earth and transition metals on an itaconic acid cation-exchange column. Eluent pH, ionic strength and temperature effects upon selectivityWasim Bashir
National Centre for Sensor Research, School of Chemical Sciences, Dublin City University, Dublin 9, Ireland
J Chromatogr A 964:113-22. 2002..An investigation into the effect of temperature upon peak efficiency and retention showed increased column temperature could be used to improve the resolution of closely eluting metal ions such as Ca(II) and Sr(II) and Ca(II) and Mn(II)...
- [Study on the defluoridation of drinking water with model-La cation exchange resin]Mingyuan Huang
School of Public Health, Nanhua University, Hengyang 421001, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 32:553-5. 2003..This method is easy to master and the pH value of the solution doesn't need to be regenerated that the cost of defluoridation can be reduced significantly and it can be used for a long time...
- Synthetic Peptide Consensus Sequence Vaccine DevelopmentRobert Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- LC/MS/MS PurchaseRobert Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2003..A. Sorkin) Design of peptide analogs/mimetic of the hormones bradykinin and substance P and cloning of the substance P receptor in rat brain. (J. M. Stewart) ..
- Analytical Ultracentrifuge PurchaseRobert Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Alpbach Workshop:Coiled-Coils, Collagen/Co-proteinsRobert Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- HPLC and CE of Peptides and ProteinsRobert S Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2010..The development of these methods will have a major impact on proteomics as well. ..