Genomes and Genes
cation exchange resins
Summary: High molecular weight insoluble polymers which contain functional anionic groups that are capable of undergoing exchange reactions with cations.
Publications152 found, 100 shown here
- Cation exchange chromatography in antibody purification: pH screening for optimised binding and HCP removalAndreas Stein
Merck KGaA, Frankfurter Strasse 250, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 848:151-8. 2007..With this pH we ran labscale columns to purify monoclonal antibody. The cation exchangers showed high step yields and host cell proteins in the pools from gradient elution were reduced very effectively...
- Simultaneous determination of creatinine, creatine, and UV-absorbing amino acids using dual-mode gradient low-capacity cation-exchange chromatographyYukio Yokoyama
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, Yokohama National University, Tokiwadai, Hodogaya, Yokohama 240 8501, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1085:110-6. 2005..The developed method is very practical and can provide useful information and results for the clinical or biomedical researches with low analytical run costs...
- Ion exchange chromatography of antibody fragmentsAnders Ljunglöf
GE Healthcare, Bio Sciences AB, SE 751 84 Uppsala, Sweden
Biotechnol Bioeng 96:515-24. 2007..Such results are in agreement with recent studies related to ion exchange of whole antibody molecules under similar conditions...
- Vacancy ion-exclusion chromatography of aromatic carboxylic acids on a weakly acidic cation-exchange resinMurad I H Helaleh
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Graduate School of Engineering, Chubu University, Seto 489 0884, Japan
J Chromatogr A 997:139-44. 2003..66, 0.67, 0.42 and 0.86 microM and detector responses were linear in the range 1-100, 1-80, 2.5-100 and 10-40 microM, for SA, NTCA, PA and BA, respectively. Precision for retention times was 0.36% and for peak areas was 1.5%...
- Vacancy ion-exclusion chromatography of haloacetic acids on a weakly acidic cation-exchange resinMurad I H Helaleh
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 110 Nishiibara cho, Seto, Aichi 489 0884, Japan
J Chromatogr A 997:133-8. 2003..The detection limits of these acids in the present study with conductivity detection were 3.4 microM for monochloroacetic acid, 0.86 microM for dichloroacetic acid and 0.15 microM for trichloroacetic acid...
- Ion-exclusion chromatography with conductimetric detection of aliphatic carboxylic acids on a weakly acidic cation-exchange resin by elution with benzoic acid-beta-cyclodextrinKazuhiko Tanaka
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 110 Nishiibara cho, Seto, Aichi 489 0884, Japan
J Chromatogr A 997:127-32. 2003..The ion-exclusion chromatographic separation of carboxylic acids with high resolution and sensitivity was accomplished successfully by elution with a 1 mM benzoic acid-10 mM cyclodextrin solution without chemical suppression...
- Application of a chromatography model with linear gradient elution experimental data to the rapid scale-up in ion-exchange process chromatography of proteinsTakashi Ishihara
CMC R and D Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Division, Kirin Brewery Co Ltd, Takasaki, Gunma 370 0013, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1162:34-40. 2007..Resolution, recovery and purity were examined in order to verify the proposed method...
- Rational method for designing efficient separations by chromatography on polystyrene-divinylbenzene resins eluted with aqueous ethanolShuichi Yamamoto
Laboratory of Bioprocess Engineering, School of Engineering and Graduate School of Medicine, Yamaguchi University, Tokiwadai, Ube 755 8611, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1162:50-5. 2007..Stepwise elution experiments were also designed and performed successfully on the basis of the K-I curve...
- Sulfonated and sulfoacylated poly(styrene-divinylbenzene) copolymers as packing materials for cation chromatographyAndrey V Pirogov
Chemistry Department, Moscow State University, GPS 2, Lenin Hills, 119992, Moscow, Russia
Anal Bioanal Chem 376:745-52. 2003..It was found that the separation of alkaline ions and 1,1-dimethylhydrazine (UDMH) were much better that those for the commercial material...
- Automated injection of uncleaned samples using a ten-port switching valve and a strong cation-exchange trap column for proteome analysisFangjun Wang
National Chromatographic R and A Center, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116023, China
J Chromatogr A 1171:56-62. 2007....
- Selection of pH-related parameters in ion-exchange chromatography using pH-gradient operationsTangir Ahamed
Department of Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 1194:22-9. 2008..5 or anion-exchange chromatography (AEX) at pH 7.2 without lowering the salt concentration in the CCS. The performance of both CEX and AEX was predicted to be equal for this particular MAb capture...
- Protein separations with induced pH gradients using cation-exchange chromatographic columns containing weak acid groupsTimothy M Pabst
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22904 4741, USA
J Chromatogr A 1181:83-94. 2008....
- Monolithic column with double mixed-modes of hydrophilic interaction/cation-exchange and reverse-phase/cation-exchange stationary phase for pressurized capillary electrochromatographyJiabin Wang
Department of Chemistry, Fuzhou University, Fuzhou, Fujian, P R China
Electrophoresis 29:928-35. 2008..Effects of salt concentration and ACN content on the separation have also been investigated. High column efficiencies of up to 352 000 plates/meter were obtained by the separation of narcotic pharmaceuticals...
- Cation exchangers for selective sorption of large proteinsO V Ochkur
Institute of Macromolecular Compounds, Russian Academy of Science, Bolshoi pr 31, St Petersburg, Russian Federation
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 849:231-5. 2007..The dependence of sorption selectivity on protein size and on concentration of ionogenic groups was demonstrated...
- Co-eluent effect in partition chromatography. Rhamnose-xylose separation with strong and weak cation-exchangers in aqueous ethanolJari Tiihonen
Lappeenranta University of Technology, Laboratory of Industrial Chemistry, P O Box 20, FIN 53851 Lappeenranta, Finland
J Chromatogr A 982:69-84. 2002..The experimental data were successfully explained with a rate-based column model, which accounted for the volume changes of the stationary phase. A thermodynamic sorption model was utilized in column calculations...
- Novel cation-exchange column for the separation of hydrophobic and/or polyvalent aminesMaria Rey
Dionex Corporation, 1228 Titan Way, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
J Chromatogr A 997:199-206. 2003..Examples are given. Methods that require eluent gradients and/or step changes of eluent concentration are especially well suited to this column because the background conductivity remains almost unchanged under gradient conditions...
- High-speed simultaneous ion-exclusion/cation-exchange chromatography of anions and cations on a weakly acidic cation-exchange resin columnMasanobu Mori
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology at Seto, 110 Nishiibara cho, Seto, Aichi 489 0884, Japan
J Chromatogr A 997:219-24. 2003..36 to 0.68 microM for anions and 0.63-0.99 microM for cations. This method has been applied to the simultaneous determination of anions and cations in several environmental waters with satisfactory results...
- Enrichment and identification of cysteine-containing peptides from tryptic digests of performic oxidized proteins by strong cation exchange LC and MALDI-TOF/TOF MSJingquan Dai
Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, China
Anal Chem 77:7594-604. 2005..The strength of the strategy was demonstrated by applying it to bovine serum albumin. Potential use of the strategy in proteomics was also discussed...
- Effects of ionic strength on lysozyme uptake rates in cation exchangers. I: Uptake in SP Sepharose FFS R Dziennik
Department of Chemical Engineering, Center for Molecular and Engineering Thermodynamics, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 91:139-53. 2005..In addition, the results provide heuristics for the optimization of chromatographic conditions...
- [Studies of chromatographic behaviors of proteins on synthesized cation-exchanger]Rong Li
School of Life Science and Technology, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710049, China
Se Pu 22:134-7. 2004..The interaction between chelating weak cation-exchanger and metal ions was examined. The retention mechanism of protein in metal chelating chromatography was explored...
- Influence of acidic eluent for retention behaviors of common anions and cations by ion-exclusion/cation-exchange chromatography on a weakly acidic cation-exchange resin in the H+ -formMasanobu Mori
Faculty of Engineering, Gunma University, Kiryu, Gunma 376 8515, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1118:51-5. 2006..1-2.9% for anions and 1.8-4.5% for cations. This method was successfully applied to hot spring water containing strong acid anions, weak acid anions and cations, with satisfactory results...
- Effect of spacer arm length on protein retention on a strong cation exchange adsorbentPeter DePhillips
Merck Research Laboratories, Sumneytown Road, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Anal Chem 76:5816-22. 2004..The results indicate that spacer arm length may be a useful variable in manipulating stationary-phase retention properties...
- [Adsorption condition optimization for anti-HBsAg Fab fragment separation and purification from E. coli using Streamline SP]Yu Xian Huang
Department of Oncology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 26:409-13. 2006..To optimize the adsorption condition of cation-exchange chromatographic media Streamline SP for separation and purification of anti-HBsAg Fab fragment from E. coli...
- Characterisation of the novel restriction endonuclease SuiI from Sulfolobus islandicusStefan Söllner
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Bayreuth, Universitatstrasse 30, 95447 Bayreuth, Germany
Extremophiles 10:629-34. 2006..The cleavage occurs after the first guanosine base and is inhibited by 5-methyl-cytosine methylation. The restriction activity is salt-sensitive and has an optimal activity around 70 degrees C...
- Relative retention of the fibroblast growth factors FGF-1 and FGF-2 on strong cation-exchange sorbentsPeter DePhillips
Merck Research Laboratories, Sumneytown Road, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Chromatogr A 1036:51-60. 2004..These observations are interpreted in terms of the structural features of the proteins and the physicochemical properties of the adsorbents...
- Parallel screening of selective and high-affinity displacers for proteins in ion-exchange systemsKaushal Rege
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 110 8th Street, Troy, NY 12180, USA
J Chromatogr A 1033:19-28. 2004..The results presented in this paper demonstrate that this parallel batch screening-QSER approach can be employed for the identification of selective and high-affinity displacers for protein mixtures...
- Role of zwitterionic structures in the solid-phase extraction based method development for clean up of tetracycline and oxytetracycline from honeyShahana Huq
Phenomenex, Inc, 411 Madrid Ave, Torrance, CA 90501, USA
J Chromatogr A 1135:12-8. 2006....
- Solid-phase refolding of cyclodextrin glycosyltransferase adsorbed on cation-exchange resinDae-Hyuk Kweon
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul 151-742, Korea
Biotechnol Prog 20:277-83. 2004..Taken together with the previous report in which a series of polycations were explored for efficient purification, expression of a target protein fused with a strong polycation provides a straightforward protein preparation scheme...
- Preparation and characterization of prototypes for multi-modal separation aimed for capture of positively charged biomolecules at high-salt conditionsBo Lennart Johansson
Research and Development, Amersham Biosciences, SE 751 84, Uppsala, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 1016:35-49. 2003..Varying the ligand ratio (SP/Phenyl) could be used for optimizing the function of mixed-ligand ion-exchange media...
- Mass transfer effects in preparative chromatography of eremomycin on polymeric sorbentsIrina V Polyakova
Department of Biopolymers, Institute of Molecular Compounds, Russian Academy of Sciences, Bolshoi pr. 31, St. Petersburg, Russia
J Chromatogr A 1006:251-60. 2003..The optimal conditions for sorption and complete desorption of eremomycin were found...
- Sample clean-up method for analysis of complex-type N-glycans released from glycopeptidesMiyako Nakano
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kinki University, Kowakae 3-4-1, Higashi-Osaka 577-8502, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1005:13-21. 2003..In the model study presented here, we were able to obtain N-glycans for HPAEC analyses without any interfering materials by a combination of TNBS reaction and graphitized carbon treatment...
- Simultaneous determination of cations, zwitterions and neutral compounds using mixed-mode reversed-phase and cation-exchange high-performance liquid chromatographyJingyi Li
Analytical Research and Development, Celgene Corporation, Summit, NJ 07091, USA
J Chromatogr A 1185:185-93. 2008..Moreover, the method performance characteristics of selectivity, sensitivity and accuracy have been demonstrated to be suitable to determine the related impurities in the capsules of Drug A...
- Integrated strategy for selective expanded bed ion-exchange adsorption and site-specific protein processing using gene fusion technologyTorbjörn Gräslund
Department of Biotechnology, Royal Institute of Technology KTH, SCFAB, S 106 91, Stockholm, Sweden
J Biotechnol 96:93-102. 2002..The strategy also includes an integrated site-specific removal of the Z(basic) purification handle to yield a free target protein...
- pH Transitions in ion-exchange systems: role in the development of a cation-exchange process for a recombinant proteinSanchayita Ghose
Product Recovery, Immunex Corporation, 51 University Street, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Biotechnol Prog 18:530-7. 2002..The results from this study were applied to the cation-exchange step for a recombinant protein that was sensitive to pH excursions to help maintain activity of the protein during the purification process...
- Characterization and application of strong ion-exchange membrane adsorbers as stationary phases in high-performance liquid chromatography of proteinsO W Reif
, , Germany
J Chromatogr A 654:29-41. 1993..Appropriate conditions were defined for the separation of human serum and for the isolation of subtilisin Carlsberg and beta-galactosidase from cell culture supernatants...
- Influence of column type and chromatographic conditions on the ion-exchange chromatography of immunoglobulinsY B Yang
Separations Group, Inc, Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
J Chromatogr A 743:171-80. 1996..Significant differences in the chromatographic behavior (elution pattern, peak shape and selectivity) of the test samples are discussed in regard to the column type and the chromatographic conditions...
- Comparison of protein adsorption isotherms and uptake rates in preparative cation-exchange materialsC Chang
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Delaware, Newark 19716, USA
J Chromatogr A 827:281-93. 1998..Additional information is required to elucidate further the mechanisms of coupled diffusion and adsorption in stationary phases...
- Synthesis of monodisperse poly(chloromethylstyrene-co-divinylbenzene) beads and their application in separation of biopolymersBolin Gong
Key Laboratory of Energy and Chemical Engineering, Ningxia University, Yinchuan 750021, P R China
J Sep Sci 28:2546-50. 2005..0 min with only one step. The purity and specific bioactivity of the purified lysozyme were found to be more than 93% and 70 245 U/mg, respectively...
- High-performance cation-exchange chromatofocusing of proteinsXuezhen Kang
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, University of Maryland Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
J Chromatogr A 991:117-28. 2003....
- Protein adsorption on novel acrylamido-based polymeric ion-exchangers. I. Morphology and equilibrium adsorptionA K Hunter
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22903-2442, USA
J Chromatogr A 897:65-80. 2000..For these ion-exchangers, high protein adsorption capacities are attained when a low-density polymer gel with a high concentration of functional groups is present...
- Simplified in-line sample preparation for amino acid analysis in carbohydrate containing samplesP Jandik
Dionex Corporation, Research and Development, Sunnyvale, CA 94088-3603, USA
J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl 758:189-96. 2001..99. The mean value of relative standard deviations from five replicates was 3.9%. The usefulness of the method is illustrated with two chromatograms of a carrot juice sample obtained before and after the in-line removal of carbohydrates...
- Gravity-flow open tubular cation chromatographyPetr Kuban
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Mendel University of Agriculture and Forestry, Zemedelska 1, Brno, Czech Republic
J Sep Sci 31:2745-53. 2008..75 mM pyridinedicarboxylic acid as an eluent. Contactless conductometric detection (C(4)D) allows LODs down to 150 nmol/L, corresponding to 30 fmol injections. Analysis of real water samples is demonstrated...
- Preparative weak cation-exchange chromatography of monoclonal antibody variants I. Single-component adsorptionLena Melter
Institute for Chemical and Bioengineering, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Chromatogr A 1200:156-65. 2008..A correlation describing the effect of the separation conditions on the diffusion rate is therefore needed in order to have a fully predictive mathematical model...
- Determinants of protein retention characteristics on cation-exchange adsorbentsP DePhillips
Merck Research Laboratories, Sumneytown Rd, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Chromatogr A 933:57-72. 2001..Protein retention was increased on adsorbents with pore size distributions that include significant amounts of pore space with dimensions similar to those of the protein solute...
- Simultaneous determination of N-oxides and free bases of pyrrolizidine alkaloids by cation-exchange solid-phase extraction and ion-pair high-performance liquid chromatographyTomasz Mroczek
Department of Pharmacognosy, Medical University, Lublin, Poland
J Chromatogr A 949:249-62. 2002..For the last three samples macrocyclic PAs (senecionine, senecionine-N-oxide. senkirkine) have been detected for the first time. Details of precision of the analyses are also included...
- Theory and applications of a novel ion exchange chromatographic technology using controlled pH gradients for separating proteins on anionic and cationic stationary phasesLatchezar I Tsonev
CryoBioPhysica, Inc, Biomedical Research Institute, 12111 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Chromatogr A 1200:166-82. 2008....
- Dynamic coating ion-exchange chromatography of cations on an octadecyl-bonded silica stationary phaseLiang Guo
Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
J Chromatogr A 946:169-75. 2002....
- Volumetric interpretation of protein adsorption: ion-exchange adsorbent capacity, protein pI, and interaction energeticsHyeran Noh
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Huck Institute of Life Sciences and Materials Research Institute, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Biomaterials 29:2033-48. 2008....
- Analysis of the physicochemical interactions between Clostridium difficile toxins and cholestyramine using liquid chromatography with post-column derivatizationG P Palace
Analytical Chemistry Department, GelTex Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 153 Second Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1546:171-84. 2001..Binding to strong cation exchange resins (sulfonate-PHM) was not observed...
- [Multiple type I pseudohypoaldosteronism: neonatal management and outcome]M Cristina De Frutos Martínez
Servicio de Neonatologia, Hospital Infantil La Paz, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid
An Esp Pediatr 52:47-51. 2000..The treatment consisted of salt and sodium bicarbonate supplements, restricted potassium intake, cation exchange resins and high fluid intake. During first year she was hospitalized for severe salt-losing crises...
- Effect of polysulfonate resins and direct compression fillers on multiple-unit sustained-release dextromethorphan resinate tabletsThaned Pongjanyakul
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
AAPS PharmSciTech 6:E190-7. 2005..DMP resinates were formed by a complexation of DMP and strong cation exchange resins, Dowex 50 W and Amberlite IRP69...
- Identification of S-methylmethionine in Petit Manseng grapes as dimethyl sulphide precursor in wineN Loscos
Dpto De Química Analítica Facultad de Ciencias Universidad de Zaragoza, C Pedro Cerbuna no 12, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 621:24-9. 2008..SMM peak identification and quantification (401.2nmolmL(-1) relatively to norleucine used as internal standard) were carried out by comparison with commercial SMM...
- On-line cation exchange for suppression of adduct formation in negative-ion electrospray mass spectrometry of nucleic acidsC G Huber
Institute of Analytical Chemistry and Radiochemistry, Leopold Franzens University, Innsbruck, Austria
Anal Chem 70:5288-95. 1998..2-20 microM with selected-ion monitoring. Finally, the on-line sample preparation system was evaluated for the mass spectrometric analysis of complex oligonucleotide mixtures...
- Preparation of phytate-removed deamidated soybean globulins by ion exchangers and characterization of their calcium-binding abilityHitomi Kumagai
Department of Agricultural and Biological Chemistry, College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University, 1866 Kameino, Fujisawa shi 252 8510, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 50:172-6. 2002..10 g/mL of CE-4 in a 0.2% soybean globulin solution for 6 h at 4 degrees C. The amount of calcium bound to the soybean globulins decreased with removal of the phytate but increased with deamidation...
- Formulation design of ranitidine hydrochloride to reduce its moisture absorption characteristicsShagufta Khan
Department of Pharmaceutics, Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Borgaon Meghe Wardha, Maharashtra, India
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 63:226-33. 2009..Drug resin complexes (DRCs) were prepared using the batch method with (i) two weak cation exchange resins, Polacrilex with exchangeable H+ and Polacrillin potassium; and (ii) a strong cation exchange resin;Sodium ..
- Selective factor VIII and V inactivation by iminodiacetate ion exchange resin through metal ion adsorptionMasahiro Takeyama
Department of Paediatrics, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
Br J Haematol 142:962-70. 2008..Furthermore, iminodiacetate resin-treated plasma would be useful as a substrate for measuring the activity of these factors...
- [13C] GC-C-IRMS analysis of methylboronic acid derivatives of glucose from liver glycogen after the ingestion of [13C] labeled tracers in ratsCatherine Luengo
INRA, CNRH IdF, UMR914 Nutrition Physiology and Ingestive Behavior, F 75005 Paris, France
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 877:3638-44. 2009..Hepatic glycogen was extracted, digested to glucose and purified on anion-cation exchange resins. After the optimization of methylboronic acid derivatization using GC-MS, [(13)C] enrichment of extracted ..
- Anion chromatography using on-line recycled eluentsTakashi Yokoyama
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Okayama University of Science, 1 1 Ridai cho, Okayama 700 0005, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1089:82-6. 2005..The performance of the anion chromatography, using on-line recycled eluents, was the same as that for normal anion chromatography under the same conditions...
- Highly efficient removal of heavy metals by polymer-supported nanosized hydrated Fe(III) oxides: behavior and XPS studyBingjun Pan
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, PR China
Water Res 44:815-24. 2010..More attractively, the exhausted HFO-001 beads can be effectively regenerated by HCl-NaCl solution (pH 3) for repeated use without any significant capacity loss...
- Effect of phytate-removal and deamidation of soybean proteins on calcium absorption in the in situ ratsHitomi Kumagai
Department of Agricultural and Biological Chemistry, College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University, 1866 Kameino, Fujisawa shi 252 8510, Japan
Biofactors 22:21-4. 2004..As a result, PrDS retained their high calcium binding properties even after hydrolysis by digestive enzymes. In situ experiments showed that PrDS and their hydrolysates enhanced the calcium absorption from the intestine...
- Combined ion exchange treatment for removal of dissolved organic matter and hardnessJennifer N Apell
Department of Environmental Engineering Sciences, University of Florida, P O Box 116450, Gainesville, FL 32611 6450, USA
Water Res 44:2419-30. 2010..Hardness ions can be removed with cation exchange resins, although typically using a fixed bed reactor at the end of a treatment train...
- Ammonium removal from anaerobic digester effluent by ion exchangeT Wirthensohn
Department of IFA Tulln, Institute for Environmental Biotechnology, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences Vienna, Konrad Lorenz Strasse 20, 3430 Tulln, Austria
Water Sci Technol 60:201-10. 2009..74 mg/l; Ca2+= 1.79 mg/l). The aim of this study was to remove this ammonium by ion exchange. Acidic gel cation exchange resins and clinoptilolite were tested in column experiments to evaluate their capacity, flow rates and pH...
- Simple and rapid analytical method for detection of amino acids in blood using blood spot on filter paper, fast-GC/MS and isotope dilution techniqueShuichi Kawana
Department of Pediatrics, Shimane University School of Medicine, 89 1 En ya cho, Izumo, Shimane 693 8501, Japan
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 878:3113-8. 2010..These results indicate that this method provides a simple and rapid procedure for precise determination of amino acids in whole blood...
- Ion exchange chromatography of monoclonal antibodies: effect of resin ligand density on dynamic binding capacityAnn Marie Hardin
Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Chromatogr A 1216:4366-71. 2009Dynamic binding capacity (DBC) of a monoclonal antibody on agarose based strong cation exchange resins is determined as a function of resin ligand density, apparent pore size of the base matrix, and protein charge...
- Control of plant diseases with secondary metabolite of Clitocybe nudaJin Tong Chen
Department of Plant Pathology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
N Biotechnol 26:193-8. 2009..It was also exchangeable by anion but not cation exchange resins, indicating that the inhibitor has a molecular weight between 1000 and 500, and negative charge on its ..
- Coadsorption of trivalent metal ions and anions on strongly acidic cation-exchange resins by bridge bondingTakanori Matsuura
Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso, Showa, Nagoya, 466 8555, Japan
Anal Chem 80:9666-71. 2008..These findings indicate that the bridge bonding of anions between the metal ions adsorbed on the resins of the higher exchange capacities plays a crucial role for the coadsorption. Some analytical implication was also discussed...
- Extraction of extracellular polymeric substances from extreme acidic microbial biofilmsAngeles Aguilera
Centro de Astrobiología INTA CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 78:1079-88. 2008..8 and Crown Ether cation exchange resins) were tested...
- Role of the ligand density in cation exchange materials for the purification of proteinsAgnes Franke
Institute for Chemical and Bioengineering, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Chromatogr A 1217:2216-25. 2010The performance of functionalized materials, such as cation exchange resins, is dependent not only on the ligand type and ligand density, but also on the pore accessibility of the target molecule...
- Selection and evaluation of adsorbents for the removal of anionic surfactants from laundry rinsing waterNatasja Schouten
Wetsus, Centre for Sustainable Water Technology, Agora 1, PO Box 1113, 8900 CC Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Water Res 41:4233-41. 2007..02-0.6 gLAS/g. Negatively charged materials, such as cation exchange resins or bentonite clay, have negligible adsorption capacities for LAS...
- Sample preparation and in-solution protease digestion of proteins for chromatography-based proteomic analysisMichael P Washburn
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Curr Protoc Protein Sci . 2008..are directly loaded onto a microcapillary column packed sequentially with reversed-phase and strong cation exchange resins. Once digested protein samples are loaded onto the column, the column is placed in-line between a high-..
- Formulation and In vitro Evaluation of Sustained Release Dosage Form with Taste Masking of Metformin HydrochlorideP K Bhoyar
S K B College of Pharmacy, New Kamptee, Nagpur 441 002, India
Indian J Pharm Sci 72:184-90. 2010..Results showed that metformin HCl was successfully taste masked and formulated into a sustained dosage form as an alternative to the conventional tablet...
- Cadmium sorption characteristics of phosphorylated sago starch-extraction residueMasato Igura
Graduate School of Bio Applications and Systems Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 2 24 16 Nakacho, Koganei, Tokyo 184 8588, Japan
J Hazard Mater 178:686-92. 2010..2 mg g(-1), which is almost half the capacity of commercially available weakly acidic cation exchange resins. The phosphorylated residue could be reused several times, although cadmium sorption gradually decreased ..
- Synthesis and characterization of nano-composite ion-exchanger; its adsorption behaviorS A Nabi
Department of Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 87:122-8. 2011..The practical utility of polyanilineZr(IV)sulphosalicylate cation exchanger has been established for the analysis and recovery of heavy metal ions in environmental samples...
- Syncope caused by iatrogenic hyperkalemiaGiuseppe Giancaspro
Department of Emergency and Urgency, Sapienza University, Azienda Policlinico Umberto I, Rome, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 10:72-4. 2009..We report a case of an 87-year-old woman with a clinical history of chronic angiotensin-receptor blocker consumption that led her to dangerous bradyarrhythmia, cardiogenic syncope, and risk of sudden cardiac death...
- Novel poly-dopamine adhesive for a halloysite nanotube-Ru(bpy)(3)2+ electrochemiluminescent sensorBo Xing
Research Center for Analytical Sciences, College of Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 4:e6451. 2009..The results indicate that halloysite nanotubes have a high loading capacity for Ru(bpy)(3) (2+) and that dopamine is suitable for the preparation of modified electrodes...
- Suitability of Smopex-102 cation-exchange fiber for analytical purposes and drug monitoringJ Karppi
Laboratory Centre, Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
Pharmazie 64:14-8. 2009..g. serum) liquid solutions for subsequent monitoring and evaluation. However, the drug release solution and release time must be optimized more precisely in order to validate described sample preparation method for each basic drug...
- Hb Belleville [beta 10(A7)Ala-->Thr] affects the determination of Hb A1c by routine cation exchange high performance liquid chromatographyJonathan P Williams
Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick, Coventry, Warwickshire, UK
Hemoglobin 33:45-50. 2009..9 and 12.4%, respectively) agreed with the sum of the two peaks (12.1%) in the HPLC trace. Similarly, Hb Belleville was detected and identified in another Caucasian, also from Yorkshire, with normal Hb A(1c)...
- Separation of Cinchona alkaloids on a novel strong cation-exchange-type chiral stationary phase-comparison with commercially available strong cation exchanger and reversed-phase packing materialsChristian V Hoffmann
Department of Analytical Chemistry and Food Chemistry, Christian Doppler Laboratory for Molecular Recognition Materials, University of Vienna, Wahringer Strasse 38, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
Anal Bioanal Chem 393:1257-65. 2009..Furthermore, both SCX materials allowed successful separation of C9-epi and 10,11-didehydro derivatives from their respective educts in an application in synthetic Cinchona alkaloid chemistry...
- Development and validation of an automated method for the liquid chromatographic determination of sotalol in plasma using dialysis and trace enrichment on a cation-exchange pre-column as on-line sample preparationP Chiap
Department of Analytical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Institute of Pharmacy, , CHU, B36, , Belgium
J Pharm Biomed Anal 24:801-14. 2001..The mean absolute recovery for sotalol was about 60%. The limit of quantitation was 25 ng/ml and R.S.D. for repeatability and intermediate precision obtained at a concentration level of 50 ng/ml were 4.3 and 5.8%, respectively...
- Effects of liposome-mediated gene transfer of VEGF in ischemic rat gracilis muscleM W Neumeister
Institute for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Southern Illinois University, School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62794 9653, USA
Microsurgery 21:58-62. 2001..These results indicate that VEGF exerts a protective effect on ischemic skeletal muscle flaps...
- Automated strong cation exchange extraction of fatty acid esters of 3-(N-phenylamino)-1,2-propanediol from oil samples for routine quantification by HPLC-APCI/MS/MSR E Calaf
Structural and Biological Mass Spectrometry Unit, Department of Medical Bioanalysis, IIBB-CSIC, IDIBAPS, , 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 49:5085-91. 2001....
- Extraction of metal cations by polyterephthalamide microcapsules containing a poly(acrylic acid) gelA Laguecir
Ecole de Chimie, Polymères et Matériaux, CNRS UMR 7512, Strasbourg, France
J Microencapsul 19:17-28. 2002..The extractabilities of Cu(II), Ni(II), Co(II) and Zn(II) into PAA-CAPS were examined. The stripping of the various cations can be promoted in diluted hydrochloric acid solutions...
- Sulfoacylated macro-porous polystyrene-divinylbenzene low-capacity cation exchanger selective for amino acidsYukio Yokoyama
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, Yokohama National University, Hodogaya, Japan
Anal Sci 18:59-63. 2002..e., acidic, neutral, hydrophobic, and basic groups. The results provided fundamental data for constructing gradient elution systems required for the simultaneous separation of protein amino acids...
- Development and application of an automated, low-volume chromatography system for resin and condition screeningMark Teeters
Purification Development, Centocor R and D, Radnor, PA 19087, USA
Biotechnol J 3:1212-23. 2008..6 cm (106 mL). This approach significantly improved throughput while reducing development time and material consumption...
- Hypothesis: a simple algorithm to distinguish between hypoaldosteronism and renal aldosterone resistance in patients with persistent hyperkalemiaWilliam R Adam
University of Melbourne, School of Rural Health, Shepparton, Victoria, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 13:459-64. 2008..defined which would help identify patients with hyperkalemia owing to suboptimal levels of aldosterone, thereby validating treatment with 9-alpha-fluhydrocortisone, instead of cation exchange resins, if more conservative treatment fails.
- Taste mask, design and evaluation of an oral formulation using ion exchange resin as drug carrierKiran Bhise
Pharmaceutics, M C E Society s Allana College of Pharmacy, 2390 B K B Hidayatullah Road, Pune, Maharastra 411001, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 9:557-62. 2008The purpose of this research was to mask the bitter taste of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride (DPH) using cation exchange resins. Indion 234 and Tulsion 343 that contained crosslinked polyacrylic backbone were used...
- Simian foamy virus vectors. Preparation and useJeonghae Park
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainsville, FL, USA
Methods Mol Med 69:319-33. 2002
- Separation of peptides by strong cation-exchange capillary electrochromatographyM Ye
Laboratory for Chromatography, National Chromatographic R and A Center, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, The Chinese Academy of Sciences
J Chromatogr A 869:385-94. 2000..A fast separation of ten peptides in less than 3.5 min on IE-CEC by adoption of the highly applied voltage was demonstrated...
- Recombinant adenoviral vector-lipofectAMINE complex for gene transduction into human T lymphocytesM Di Nicola
Division of Medical Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Hum Gene Ther 10:1875-84. 1999..In conclusion, human T lymphocytes can be efficiently transduced, under clinically applicable conditions, by adenovirus-LipofectAMINE complex after 7 days of culture with IL-2 and IL-12 or IL-7...
- Evidence of compositional differences between the extracellular and intracellular DNA of a granular sludge biofilmM Cheng
Advanced Water Management Centre, The University of Queensland, QLD, Australia
Lett Appl Microbiol 53:1-7. 2011..This study characterizes the eDNA extracted from the novel activated sludge biofilm process of aerobic granules...
- New resin gel for uranium determination by diffusive gradient in thin films techniqueMichaela Gregusova
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic v v i, Veveri 97, 602 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Anal Chim Acta 684:142-6. 2011....
- Masking the unpleasant taste of etoricoxib by crosslinked acrylic polymer based ion-exchange resin complexationInderbir Singh
Chitkara College of Pharmacy Chandigarh Patiala National Highway Punjab, India
Polim Med 40:19-26. 2010..The present study is designed to mask the bitter taste of etoricoxib by complexation with weak cation exchange resins (Indion 214, 234 and 414) in order to increase its compatibility and patient compliance...
- Lateral interaction between electrostatically adsorbed and covalently immobilized proteins on the surface of cation-exchange sorbentsC K Ratnayake
PerSeptive Biosystems Inc, Framingham, MA 01701, USA
J Chromatogr A 743:25-32. 1996..It was concluded that these phenomena are due to lateral interactions between immobilized proteins and analyte proteins subsequent to electrostatic adsorption of the analyte on the underivatized surface of ion-exchange sorbents...
- Esterification of oleic acid in a three-phase, fixed-bed reactor packed with a cation exchange resin catalystSung Mo Son
Department of Living Environmental Science, Fukuoka Women s University, 1 1 1 Kasumigaoka, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 813 8529, Japan
Bioresour Technol 102:2130-2. 2011..The FAME yield was 97.5% at a reaction temperature of 100 °C in the fixed-bed with a height of 5 cm when the methanol and oleic acid feed rates were 8.6 and 9.0 mL/h, respectively...
- Sequential injection-cation exchange micro-column system for hemoglobin typing to differentiate HbE carriersSupaporn Kradtap Hartwell
Department of Chemistry and Center for Innovation in Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Anal Sci 26:361-5. 2010..It has been demonstrated that the system can differentiate negative (normal) from positive (HbE carriers) subjects...
- Application of displacement chromatography for the analysis of a lipid raft proteomeMaria Trusch
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Campus Forschung, Martinistr 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 878:309-14. 2010..The majority of identified proteins were membrane proteins. In sum, our results demonstrate that DC is a suitable alternative to gradient elution separations for the identification of proteins via a multidimensional LC-MS approach...
- Analytical and preparative separation of PEGylated lysozyme for the characterization of chromatography mediaAnna Moosmann
Institute of Cell Biology and Immunology, University of Stuttgart, Allmandring 31, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1217:209-15. 2010..TSKgel SP-5PW and Toyopearl GigaCap S-650M showed the best performance of all tested cation exchange resins, and the separation of PEGylated lysozyme could be also scaled up to semi-preparative level...
- Efficient preparation and PEGylation of recombinant human non-glycosylated erythropoietin expressed as inclusion body in E. coliYin Jue Wang
National Key Laboratory of Biochemical Engineering, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China
Int J Pharm 386:156-64. 2010..These studies demonstrated the feasibility of PEGylating rh-ngEpo as a promising way for the development of new Epo drugs...
- Full automation of (68)Ga labelling of DOTA-peptides including cation exchange prepurificationM Ocak
Clinical Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medical University Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Appl Radiat Isot 68:297-302. 2010..This resulted in a high labelling efficiency of DOTA-peptides at high specific activity (SA) with short synthesis times...
- High-capacity cation-exchange column for enhanced resolution of adjacent peaks of cations in ion chromatographyM A Rey
Dionex Corporation, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
J Chromatogr A 920:61-8. 2001..The advantages and disadvantages of two carboxylic acid columns of different cation-exchange capacities and different column formats will be discussed...
- Combined cation-exchange and extraction chromatographic method of pre-concentration and concomitant separation of Cu(II) with high molecular mass liquid cation exchanger after its online detectionB Mandal
Department of Chemistry, Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan 731235, India
J Chromatogr A 1218:5644-52. 2011..A plausible mechanism for the extraction of Cu(II) has been suggested...
- Synthetic Peptide Consensus Sequence Vaccine DevelopmentRobert Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Design of New AntimicrobialsRobert S Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. Thus, there is an economic incentive to adopt novel antibiotics. ..
- Design of New AntimicrobialsRobert Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2009..S. Thus, there is an economic incentive to adopt novel antibiotics. ..
- HPLC and CE of Peptides and ProteinsRobert Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2009..The development of these methods will have a major impact on proteomics as well. ..
- HPLC and CE of Peptides and ProteinsRobert Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2007..Proteomics is a multidisciplinary research activity wherein separation science (including multidimensional HPLC and CE) and mass spectrometry will continue to play pivotal roles. ..
- Alpbach Workshop:Coiled-Coils, Collagen/Co-proteinsRobert Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Analytical Ultracentrifuge PurchaseRobert Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- HPLC OF PEPTIDES AND PROTEINSRobert Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such work has major implications for the de novo design of more effective antimicrobial agents. ..
- LC/MS/MS PurchaseRobert Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2003..A. Sorkin) Design of peptide analogs/mimetic of the hormones bradykinin and substance P and cloning of the substance P receptor in rat brain. (J. M. Stewart) ..
- HPLC and CE of Peptides and ProteinsRobert S Hodges; Fiscal Year: 2010..The development of these methods will have a major impact on proteomics as well. ..