Genomes and Genes
Summary: Drugs used to treat or prevent skin disorders or for the routine care of skin.
Publications239 found, 100 shown here
- A comparison of twice-daily calcipotriol ointment with once-daily short-contact dithranol cream therapy: quality-of-life outcomes of a randomized controlled trial of supervised treatment of psoriasis in a day-care settingJ de Korte
Department of Dermatology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 158:375-81. 2008..Quality of life, i.e. the physical, psychological, and social functioning and well-being of the patient, has become an essential outcome measure in chronic skin disease...
- Systemic exposure, tolerability, and efficacy of pimecrolimus cream 1% in atopic dermatitis patientsB R Allen
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Arch Dis Child 88:969-73. 2003..To measure pimecrolimus blood concentrations and to evaluate tolerability and efficacy in children and infants treated topically for atopic dermatitis with pimecrolimus cream 1% for three weeks...
- Excimer laser vs. clobetasol propionate 0·05% ointment in prurigo form of atopic dermatitis: a randomized controlled trial, a pilotE E A Brenninkmeijer
Department of Dermatology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 163:823-31. 2010..As this laser enables high radiant exposure of narrowband UVB and precise targeting of affected skin, it appears to be a promising treatment for the prurigo form of atopic dermatitis (AD)...
- UstekinumabJuliane Weber
Wolters Kluwer Health Adis, 41 Centorian Drive, Mairangi Bay, North Shore 0754, Auckland, New Zealand
BioDrugs 23:53-61. 2009..Subcutaneous ustekinumab was generally well tolerated in clinical trials, with most treatment-emergent adverse events being of mild severity...
- Infliximab for the treatment of pyoderma gangrenosum: a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trialT N Brooklyn
Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, UK
Gut 55:505-9. 2006..There have been a number of reports of PG responding to infliximab, a monoclonal antibody against tumour necrosis factor alpha...
- Bilateral comparison study of pimecrolimus cream 1% and a ceramide-hyaluronic acid emollient foam in the treatment of patients with atopic dermatitisAmylynne Frankel
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 5 East 98th Street, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 10:666-72. 2011..This study confirmed that pimecrolimus cream 1% and the medical device foam work well in the treatment of AD in both adults and children with no associated adverse effects...
- German evidence-based guidelines for the treatment of Psoriasis vulgaris (short version)A Nast
Division of Evidence Based Medicine, Klinik fur Dermatologie, Venerologie, Allergologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, Berlin, Germany
Arch Dermatol Res 299:111-38. 2007..JDDG, Suppl 2:S1-S126, 2006; or http://www.psoriasis-leitlinie.de )...
- Long-term efficacy of biologics in the treatment of psoriasis: what do we really know?Eihab A Alwawi
NorthShore University Healthsystem, Feinberg School of Medicine, Stokie, Illinois 60077, USA
Dermatol Ther 22:431-40. 2009....
- Effects of an aqueous extract from the leaves of Chromolaena odorata (Eupolin) on the proliferation of human keratinocytes and on their migration in an in vitro model of reepithelializationT T Phan
Wound Healing Institute, The Churchill Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Wound Repair Regen 9:305-13. 2001..The increased proliferation and migration of human keratinocytes observed in vitro might explain, in part, the beneficial effects that have been observed in the clinic...
- Randomized trial of pimecrolimus cream versus triamcinolone acetonide paste in the treatment of oral lichen planusFarzam Gorouhi
Center for Research and Training in Skin Diseases and Leprosy, Medical Sciences University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
J Am Acad Dermatol 57:806-13. 2007..1% to 4% of the general population. There is no published randomized active control clinical trial on pimecrolimus for the treatment of oral lichen planus (OLP)...
- The treatment of facial atopic dermatitis in children who are intolerant of, or dependent on, topical corticosteroids: a randomized, controlled clinical trialP H Hoeger
Department of Paediatric Dermatology, Catholic Children s Hospital, Wilhelmstift, Liliencronstr 130, 22149 Hamburg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 160:415-22. 2009..Treatment with topical corticosteroids (TCS) is limited due to heightened risk of treatment-associated side-effects, thus necessitating alternative AD therapies...
- Changes of psychiatric parameters and their relationships by oral isotretinoin in acne patientsBong Jin Hahm
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Dermatol 36:255-61. 2009..These results indicate that oral isotretinoin therapy alleviates depressive symptoms. Improvements in depression are directly related to acne-related life quality improvements rather than to improvement in acne grade...
- Association of suicide attempts with acne and treatment with isotretinoin: retrospective Swedish cohort studyAnders Sundström
Centre for Pharmacoepidemiology, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital T2, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
BMJ 341:c5812. 2010..To assess the risk of attempted suicide before, during, and after treatment with isotretinoin for severe acne...
- Use of methotrexate in patients with psoriasisA Kuhn
Department of Dermatology, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Clin Exp Rheumatol 28:S138-44. 2010..This review summarises the nature of the disease and our present knowledge about MTX in the treatment of psoriasis, including combination therapies...
- The novel protease inhibitor SRD441 ointment is not effective in the treatment of adult subjects with atopic dermatitis: results of a randomized, vehicle-controlled studyR Foelster Holst
Clinic for Dermatology, Venereology and Allergy, UK S H, Campus Kiel, Germany
Allergy 65:1594-9. 2010..SRD44 is a topically formulated novel protease inhibitor that selectively inhibits Staphylococcal-derived aureolysin and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs)...
- Efficacy and safety of infliximab vs. methotrexate in patients with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis: results of an open-label, active-controlled, randomized trial (RESTORE1)J Barker
St John s Institute of Dermatology, King s College London, London, UK
Br J Dermatol 165:1109-17. 2011..To date, no studies have directly compared the efficacy and safety of infliximab and MTX...
- Prednisolone vs. ciclosporin for severe adult eczema. An investigator-initiated double-blind placebo-controlled multicentre trialJ Schmitt
Department of Dermatology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Br J Dermatol 162:661-8. 2010..The efficacy of prednisolone and other steroids, however, has never been evaluated appropriately. A meta-analysis indicated that ciclosporin is the best evaluated systemic treatment for eczema...
- [Botulinum toxin injection techniques in the lower third and middle of the face, the neck and the décolleté: the "Nefertiti lift"]V Gassia
Ann Dermatol Venereol 136:S111-8. 2009..The face contours can also be improved by the Nefertiti lift. In the mid and lower regions of the face, botulinum toxin is often a complement to other esthetic techniques, particularly filling procedures...
- Tazarotene cream in the treatment of psoriasis: Two multicenter, double-blind, randomized, vehicle-controlled studies of the safety and efficacy of tazarotene creams 0.05% and 0.1% applied once daily for 12 weeksGerald D Weinstein
University of California, Irvine, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 48:760-7. 2003..Tazarotene in a gel formulation is widely used in the treatment of psoriasis...
- The socioeconomic impact of atopic dermatitis in the United States: a systematic reviewAnthony J Mancini
Division of Pediatric Dermatology, Children s Memorial Hospital, and Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 25:1-6. 2008..Measurement of the cost of atopic dermatitis in the United States has been limited to direct cost-identification analyses, with few studies measuring the indirect cost of disease...
- Pimecrolimus 1% cream in the treatment of facial psoriasis: a 16-week open-label studyArnd Jacobi
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Dermatology 216:133-6. 2008..Facial psoriasis requires a treatment approach other than topical corticosteroids which bear the risk of skin atrophy. Topical pimecrolimus has been shown to be effective in atopic eczema and recently in psoriasis...
- Guidelines of care for the management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: section 6. Guidelines of care for the treatment of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: case-based presentations and evidence-based conclusionsAlan Menter
Psoriasis Research Center, Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 65:137-74. 2011..In addition, we will update the prior 5 guidelines and address gaps in research and care that currently exist, while making suggestions for further studies that could be performed to help address these limitations in our knowledge base...
- Assessment and management of methotrexate hepatotoxicity in psoriasis patients: report from a consensus conference to evaluate current practice and identify key questions toward optimizing methotrexate use in the clinicJ Barker
St John s Institute of Dermatology, Division of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Kings College, London, UK
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 25:758-64. 2011....
- Topical pimecrolimus in the treatment of human allergic contact dermatitisDavid Amrol
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 91:563-6. 2003..There are studies supporting the effectiveness of macrolactams when administered before antigen challenge, but there are no studies describing the effectiveness of these drugs in the treatment of established human ACD...
- Clinical and cytological effects of pimecrolimus cream 1% after resolution of active atopic dermatitis lesions by topical corticosteroids: a randomized controlled trialChristine Bangert
Department of Dermatology, Division of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Dermatology 222:36-48. 2011..Topical pimecrolimus may maintain remissions of atopic dermatitis (AD) by inhibiting subclinical inflammation...
- Pimecrolimus cream, 1%, vs hydrocortisone acetate cream, 1%, in the treatment of facial seborrheic dermatitis: a randomized, investigator-blind, clinical trialAlireza Firooz
Arch Dermatol 142:1066-7. 2006
- Methotrexate in psoriasis: a systematic review of treatment modalities, incidence, risk factors and monitoring of liver toxicityH Montaudie
Dermatology Department, Nice University, L Archet II Hospital, Nice, France
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 25:12-8. 2011..To define practical use and to specify the ideal method for monitoring the liver toxicity of MTX in the management of psoriasis...
- Isotretinoin and the risk of depression in patients with acne vulgaris: a case-crossover studyLaurent Azoulay
Department of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 69:526-32. 2008..To determine whether isotretinoin increases the risk of depression in patients with acne vulgaris...
- Alefacept (anti-CD2) causes a selective reduction in circulating effector memory T cells (Tem) and relative preservation of central memory T cells (Tcm) in psoriasisFrancesca Chamian
Laboratory for Investigative Dermatology, The Rockefeller University, New York, USA
J Transl Med 5:27. 2007..Alefacept (anti-CD2) biological therapy selectively targets effector memory T cells (Tem) in psoriasis vulgaris, a model Type 1 autoimmune disease...
- Suicidal ideation, mental health problems, and social impairment are increased in adolescents with acne: a population-based studyJon A Halvorsen
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
J Invest Dermatol 131:363-70. 2011..Adverse events including suicidal ideation and depression that have been associated with therapies for acne may reflect the burden of substantial acne rather than the effects of medication...
- Systemic combination treatment for psoriasis: a reviewPeter Jensen
Department of Dermato Allergology, Copenhagen University Hospital Gentofte, Denmark
Acta Derm Venereol 90:341-9. 2010..The most thoroughly investigated combination was retinoid and phototherapy. Further controlled research is needed to define the safest and most effective combination regimens...
- The value of amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen in routine screening for methotrexate-induced liver fibrosis: a 10-year follow-upH Zachariae
Department of Dermatology, Marselisborg Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Br J Dermatol 144:100-3. 2001..Methotrexate (MTX) -induced liver damage is an important complication in patients treated with this drug for skin disease. Reliable non-invasive monitoring tests would have considerable importance...
- Acne and systemic diseaseMargarita S Lolis
Department of Dermatology, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Med Clin North Am 93:1161-81. 2009..Generally, the severity of acne lesions determines the type of acne regimen necessary. The emergence of drug-resistant P acnes and adverse side effects are current limitations to effective acne management...
- Narrowband ultraviolet B phototherapy and 308-nm excimer laser in the treatment of vitiligo: a reviewElectra Nicolaidou
First Department of Dermatology, University of Athens School of Medicine, Andreas Sygros Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Am Acad Dermatol 60:470-7. 2009..Available data concerning the follow-up of treated patients and some criteria for the selection of patients with a greater chance to respond satisfactorily to treatment are also presented...
- Recent insights into the immunopathogenesis of psoriasis provide new therapeutic opportunitiesBrian J Nickoloff
Skin Disease Research Laboratory and Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University of Chicago, Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Clin Invest 113:1664-75. 2004..Such strategic transition from serendipity to the use of novel selective agents aimed at defined targets in psoriatic lesions is moving rapidly from research benches to the bedsides of patients with this chronic and debilitating disease...
- Etanercept combined with methotrexate for high-need psoriasisR J B Driessen
Department of Dermatology, Radboud University Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6525 GL Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 159:460-3. 2008..In these cases it might be indicated to combine etanercept with other conventional treatments. Objectives To provide daily practice safety and efficacy data for etanercept and methotrexate combination therapy...
- Influence of isotretinoin on nasal mucociliary clearance and lung function in patients with acne vulgarisCanan Gorpelioglu
Department of Dermatology, Fatih University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Dermatol 49:87-90. 2010..Isotretinoin caused signs and symptoms of dry nose and disturbed mucociliary clearance without affecting PFTs. Nasal complications generally are not serious, especially when isotretinoin is taken in low doses...
- Patterns of combination therapy with alefacept for the treatment of psoriasis in Canada in the AWARE studyGordon Searles
Keystone Dermatology Institute, Edmonton, AB
J Cutan Med Surg 13:S131-8. 2009..Evidence from clinical trials supports the use of alefacept for the treatment of patients with chronic plaque psoriasis, either as monotherapy or combined with other treatment modalities...
- Long-term efficacy and safety of pimecrolimus cream 1% in adults with moderate atopic dermatitisMichael Meurer
Hautklinikum, Universitätsklinikum der TU, Dresden, Germany
Dermatology 208:365-72. 2004..Pimecrolimus cream 1% is a non-steroid, selective inflammatory cytokine inhibitor indicated for atopic dermatitis (AD)...
- Patient-reported outcomes of psoriasis improvement with etanercept therapy: results of a randomized phase III trialG G Krueger
Department of Dermatology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, 30 N 1900 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 0001, USA
Br J Dermatol 153:1192-9. 2005..Etanercept, a soluble tumour necrosis factor receptor, lessens the severity of psoriasis as measured by physician-reported clinical outcomes. Equally important is the patient perspective on the effect of etanercept therapy on daily life...
- Novel drug delivery systems: potential in improving topical delivery of antiacne agentsA A Date
Department of Pharmaceutics, Bombay College of Pharmacy, Kalina, Santacruz, Mumbai, India
Skin Pharmacol Physiol 19:2-16. 2006....
- Guidelines for treating acneAndreas D Katsambas
Department of Dermatology, University of Athens, Andreas Sygros Hospital, 5 Ionos Dragoumi Street, Athens, Greece
Clin Dermatol 22:439-44. 2004..3) Effective treatment can dramatically improve a person's quality of life...
- Treatment of recalcitrant pustular psoriasis with infliximab: effective reduction of chemokine expressionS Benoit
Department of Dermatology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Str 2, 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 150:1009-12. 2004..We conclude that anti-TNF-alpha treatment with infliximab is an effective therapy in severe pustular psoriasis which is reflected by downregulation of disease-promoting chemokines such as IL-8, Gro-alpha and MCP-1...
- A multicenter, randomized, double-blind trial of tazarotene 0.1% cream in the treatment of photodamageSewon Kang
University of Michigan Medical Center, Department of Dermatology, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0314, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:268-74. 2005..Previous studies indicate that tazarotene is efficacious in reducing signs of photodamage. Objective We sought to confirm the efficacy and tolerability of tazarotene 0.1% cream in the treatment of facial photodamage...
- Tazarotene 0.1% cream versus tretinoin 0.05% emollient cream in the treatment of photodamaged facial skin: a multicenter, double-blind, randomized, parallel-group studyNicholas Lowe
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Cosmet Laser Ther 6:79-85. 2004..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of tazarotene 0.1% cream and tretinoin 0.05% emollient cream in the treatment of photodamaged facial skin...
- Traditional therapies in the management of moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis: an assessment of the benefits and risksL Naldi
Clinica Dermatologica, Ospedali Riuniti, Largo Barozzi, 1 24128 Bergamo, Italy
Br J Dermatol 152:597-615. 2005..This review summarizes the benefits and risks of traditional, nonbiological therapies for moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis...
- Extended efalizumab therapy improves chronic plaque psoriasis: results from a randomized phase III trialCraig L Leonardi
Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:425-33. 2005..Efalizumab inhibits multiple T-cell-mediated processes...
- Development of SLNs from natural lipids: application to topical delivery of tretinoinSagar D Mandawgade
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Int J Pharm 363:132-8. 2008..The results of the characterization and evaluation established the safety for use, suitability and compatibility of indigenous natural lipids as a novel excipient...
- Dermal and transdermal delivery of an anti-psoriatic agent via ethanolic liposomesVaibhav Dubey
Pharmaceutics Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar M P, 470003, India
J Control Release 123:148-54. 2007..Our results suggests that ethosomes are an efficient carrier for dermal and transdermal delivery of MTX...
- 13-cis-Retinoic acid alters intracellular serotonin, increases 5-HT1A receptor, and serotonin reuptake transporter levels in vitroKally C O'Reilly
Institute of Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 232:1195-203. 2007..Increases in both 5-HT(1A) receptor and SERT proteins may lead to decreased serotonin availability at synapses. Such an effect of 13-cis-RA could contribute to the increased depression-related behaviors we have shown in mice...
- The long-term efficacy and safety of new biological therapies for psoriasisKim A Papp
Probity Medical Research, University of Western Ontario, 135 Union Street East, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Arch Dermatol Res 298:7-15. 2006..Long-term data from psoriasis trials continue to accumulate. Recent data suggest that biological therapies have efficacy and safety profiles suitable for the long-term treatment of patients with moderate to severe psoriasis...
- Combination therapy with vitamin D analoguesS Lamba
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York 10029-6574, USA
Br J Dermatol 144:27-32. 2001..As long as treatments are used correctly, the benefits of combination therapy with vitamin D analogues usually outweigh the few drawbacks...
- Practical use of Juvéderm: early experienceKevin C Smith
Niagara Falls Dermatology and Skin Care Center, Ontario, Canada
Plast Reconstr Surg 120:67S-73S. 2007..The author's purpose was to provide early information to clinicians who perform aesthetic surgery...
- Infliximab associated new-onset psoriasisDavid R Adams
Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Department of Dermatology, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 5:178-9. 2006..We report 2 patients without a history of psoriasis who after administration of infliximab for their inflammatory bowel disease experienced new onset, biopsy confirmed psoriasis...
- Topical treatment of mild to moderate plaque psoriasis with 0.3% tacrolimus gel and 0.5% tacrolimus cream: the effect on SUM score, epidermal proliferation, keratinization, T-cell subsets and HLA-DR expressionW H P M Vissers
Department of Dermatology, Radboud University Medical Centre Nijmegen, René Descartes dreef 1, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 158:705-12. 2008..g. the transcription of proinflammatory cytokines, keratinocyte hyperproliferation and the expression of HLA-DR in lesional psoriatic skin...
- A prospective study of the responsiveness of depression and suicidal ideation in acne patients to different phases of isotretinoin therapyS C Kellett
Department of Clinical Psychology, Keresforth Centre, Barnsley S70 6RS, UK
Eur J Dermatol 15:484-8. 2005..Corresponding improvements in the somatic symptoms of depression and hopelessness were not found. The implications of the research are discussed in relation to methodological design issues in this area...
- 13-cis-retinoic acid alters the cellular morphology of slice-cultured serotonergic neurons in the ratJunko Ishikawa
Department of Neuroscience, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minamikogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 27:2363-72. 2008..Moreover, RXR has a greater influence on the morphology of 5-HT neurons than RAR. The receptor-mediated actions of 13-cis-RA presented here may provide a clue for further research on depression associated with the use of 13-cis-RA...
- Clinical, biometric and structural evaluation of the long-term effects of a topical treatment with ascorbic acid and madecassoside in photoaged human skinMarek Haftek
Universite Lyon 1, EA4169 Laboratory for Dermatological Research, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Exp Dermatol 17:946-52. 2008..Two-thirds of the subjects showed an improvement. The re-appearance of a normally structured elastic fibre network was observed. Our results revealed a functional and structural remodelling of chronically sun-damaged skin...
- Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of infliximab on psoriatic nails: an unblinded, nonrandomized, open-label studyD Rigopoulos
Department of Dermatology, Nail Unit, University of Athens Medical School, A Sygros Hospital, Athens, Greece
Br J Dermatol 159:453-6. 2008..Objectives The objective of this unblended, nonrandomized, open-label study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of infliximab on nail psoriasis...
- A double-blind, randomized quantitative comparison of calcitriol ointment and calcipotriol ointment on epidermal cell populations, proliferation and differentiationJ E M Körver
Department of Dermatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 156:130-7. 2007..However, studies comparing both treatment modalities are scarce. Especially, there are almost no studies comparing the effects on epidermal cell populations in a quantitative manner...
- Calcipotriol cream combined with twice weekly broad-band UVB phototherapy: a safe, effective and UVB-sparing antipsoriatric combination treatment. The Canadian Calcipotriol and UVB Study GroupC A Ramsay
Women s College Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada
Dermatology 200:17-24. 2000..Although studies on calcipotriol and UVB have also been performed, there are no data on the UVB-saving effect of calcipotriol combined with broad-band UVB to reduce overall UVB exposure, while maintaining efficacy...
- Topical calcipotriol plus oral fumaric acid is more effective and faster acting than oral fumaric acid monotherapy in the treatment of severe chronic plaque psoriasis vulgarisH Gollnick
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Dermatology 205:46-53. 2002..Calcipotriol is an established topical therapy for psoriasis vulgaris...
- A new calcipotriol/betamethasone formulation with rapid onset of action was superior to monotherapy with betamethasone dipropionate or calcipotriol in psoriasis vulgarisW S Douglas
Department of Dermatology, Monklands Hospital, Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK
Acta Derm Venereol 82:131-5. 2002..It is safe to transfer patients from combination to calcipotriol, with maintenance of clinical effect...
- Rapid response to infliximab in severe pustular psoriasis, von Zumbusch typeMeggan R Newland
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Miami, 1444 NW 9th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Int J Dermatol 41:449-52. 2002..We report a case of rapid response and clinical benefit using infliximab in severe pustular psoriasis of von Zumbusch...
- Combination of calcipotriene (Dovonex) ointment and tazarotene (Tazorac) gel versus clobetasol ointment in the treatment of plaque psoriasis: a pilot studyPaul H Bowman
Department of Dermatology, University of California at San Francisco, 94118, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 46:907-13. 2002..Both calcipotriene and tazarotene have been shown to be effective in the treatment of psoriasis. No study has evaluated the effect of using both agents simultaneously...
- Treatment of psoriasis with the chimeric monoclonal antibody against tumor necrosis factor alpha, infliximabRudolf E Schopf
Department of Dermatology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 46:886-91. 2002..Psoriatic skin lesions in patients with Crohn's disease or psoriatic arthritis have shown improvement during infliximab treatment...
- Role of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in methotrexate-induced liver injuryG Langman
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Groote Schuur Hospital and the University of Cape Town, South Africa
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:1395-401. 2001..In addition, MTX alone can cause a NASH-like pattern of injury that is at least, in part, caused by a higher cumulative dose...
- Tazarotene cream for the treatment of facial photodamage: a multicenter, investigator-masked, randomized, vehicle-controlled, parallel comparison of 0.01%, 0.025%, 0.05%, and 0.1% tazarotene creams with 0.05% tretinoin emollient cream applied once daily fS Kang
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Arch Dermatol 137:1597-604. 2001..To assess the safety and efficacy of 4 concentrations of tazarotene cream in the treatment of facial photodamage...
- Comparison of combined azelaic acid cream plus oral minocycline with oral isotretinoin in severe acneH P Gollnick
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 11:538-44. 2001..The secondary aim was to establish the value of AA cream as maintenance therapy in the prevention of recurrent acne...
- Topical therapies for localized psoriasisP M Witman
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 76:943-9. 2001..This article reviews the topical medications currently available for the treatment of psoriasis and provides an approach to patients with localized disease...
- Efficacy of sirolimus (rapamycin) administered concomitantly with a subtherapeutic dose of cyclosporin in the treatment of severe psoriasis: a randomized controlled trialS Reitamo
Department of Dermatology, Skin and Allergy Hospital, University of Helsinki, Meilahdentie 2, 00250 Helsinki, Finland
Br J Dermatol 145:438-45. 2001..The identification of a highly potent immunosuppressive/antiproliferative agent with an acceptable toxicity profile has long been a goal for the management of severe plaque psoriasis...
- Treatment of psoriasis with fumaric acid esters: results of a prospective multicentre study. German Multicentre StudyU Mrowietz
Department of Dermatology, University of Kiel, Germany
Br J Dermatol 138:456-60. 1998..Transient eosinophilia seems to be a characteristic feature of FAE therapy, while lymphocytopenia is usually mild. Adverse effects are dose-related and consist mainly of gastrointestinal complaints and flushing...
- Calcitriol 3 microg g-1 ointment in combination with ultraviolet B phototherapy for the treatment of plaque psoriasis: results of a comparative studyJ Ring
University Hospital of Dermatology, Hamburg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 144:495-9. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Calcitriol 3 microg g-1 ointment and UVB phototherapy in combination provides a promising therapy for managing chronic plaque psoriasis...
- Transdermal delivery of methotrexate: iontophoretic delivery from hydrogels and passive delivery from microemulsionsM J Alvarez-Figueroa
Departamento de Farmacia y Tecnologia Farmaceutica, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, 15706, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Int J Pharm 215:57-65. 2001..At the end of all assays, significant amounts of MTX were detected in the skin. These results suggest that both hydrogels and microemulsions may be of value for the topical administration of MTX in the treatment of psoriasis...
- A comparison of tazarotene 0.1% gel once daily plus mometasone furoate 0.1% cream once daily versus calcipotriene 0.005% ointment twice daily in the treatment of plaque psoriasisL C Guenther
Private practice and University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Clin Ther 22:1225-38. 2000..Tazarotene is commonly used in conjunction with a topical corticosteroid. In this study, tazarotene was used with mometasone furoate (a synthetic corticosteroid), and the 2-drug regimen was compared with calcipotriene monotherapy...
- Isotretinoin use and risk of depression, psychotic symptoms, suicide, and attempted suicideS S Jick
Boston Collaborative Drug Surveillance Program, 11 Muzzey St, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
Arch Dermatol 136:1231-6. 2000..It has been suggested that there is a causal association between isotretinoin therapy and the risk of depression, psychotic symptoms, suicide, and attempted suicide...
- Photodamage pilot study: a double-blind, vehicle-controlled study to assess the efficacy and safety of tazarotene 0.1% gelJ Sefton
Allergan, Inc, Irvine, and the Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 43:656-63. 2000..Tazarotene, a potent acetylenic retinoid for topical use, might be expected to benefit photodamaged skin, including improving the classical signs of fine wrinkles, mottled hyperpigmentation, and roughness...
- Calcipotriol plus short-contact dithranol: a novel topical combination therapy for chronic plaque psoriasisA Monastirli
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 15:246-51. 2002....
- Efficacy of 0.1% tazarotene cream for the treatment of photodamage: a 12-month multicenter, randomized trialTania J Phillips
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Arch Dermatol 138:1486-93. 2002..To determine the efficacy and safety of 0.1% tazarotene cream for the treatment of photodamage...
- Long-term mini-doses of isotretinoin in the treatment of relapsing acneBoaz Amichai
J Dermatol 30:572. 2003
- Long-term safety aspects of systemic therapy with fumaric acid esters in severe psoriasisJ J Hoefnagel
Department of Dermatology, B1 Q, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 149:363-9. 2003..In view of the chronic character of psoriasis, long-term safety aspects are of major importance in determining the suitability of a drug during prolonged periods of treatment...
- Validity and reliability of patient reported outcomes used in psoriasis: results from two randomized clinical trialsRichard Shikiar
Center for Health Outcomes Research, MEDTAP International, Inc, Seattle, WA USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 1:53. 2003..Patient reported measures of psoriasis-related functionality and health-related quality of life and of psoriasis-related symptom assessments were included as part of the trials...
- Efalizumab for patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis: a randomized controlled trialKenneth B Gordon
Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Ill 60153, USA
JAMA 290:3073-80. 2003..Because T-cell interactions are involved in the pathophysiology of psoriasis, therapy with a T-cell modulator may have beneficial effects on psoriasis severity and health-related quality of life (HRQL)...
- Monitoring methotrexate-induced hepatic fibrosis in patients with psoriasis: are serial liver biopsies justified?G P Aithal
Queen s Medical Centre University Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 19:391-9. 2004..Reports that up to 26% of subjects with psoriasis develop cirrhosis have led to a recommendation of serial liver biopsies after each cumulative dose of 1500 mg of methotrexate...
- Recalcitrant, generalized pustular psoriasis: rapid and lasting therapeutic response to antitumour necrosis factor-alpha antibody (infliximab)K Schmick
Br J Dermatol 150:367. 2004
- Low-dose schema of isotretinoin in acne vulgarisI Mandekou-Lefaki
State Hospital for Skin and Venereal Diseases, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Clin Pharmacol Res 23:41-6. 2003..Our results confirm the beneficial effect of the low-dose schema. We recommend a total dose > or = 120 mg/kg, as this therapeutic regimen of isotretinoin has proven to be the most successful in preventing relapses and scarring...
- Chronic 13-cis-retinoic acid administration disrupts network interactions between the raphe nuclei and the hippocampal system in young adult miceKally C O'Reilly
Institute of Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 605:68-77. 2009....
- Methotrexate versus cyclosporine in moderate-to-severe chronic plaque psoriasisVera M R Heydendael
Department of Dermatology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 349:658-65. 2003..We conducted a randomized, controlled trial comparing methotrexate and cyclosporine in terms of effectiveness, side effects, and the quality of life...
- PsoriasisMark Lebwohl
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Lancet 361:1197-204. 2003..Enhancements in topical therapy and phototherapy have also increased the armamentarium of treatments available for this disorder...
- The effects of an estrogen and glycolic acid cream on the facial skin of postmenopausal women: a randomized histologic studyKatie O Fuchs
Glens Falls Hospital, Glens Falls, New York 12801, USA
Cutis 71:481-8. 2003..Although not statistically significant (P = .1), a cumulative effect was seen when estradiol and glycolic acid creams were used in combination...
- Body-weight-independent dosing of cyclosporine micro-emulsion and three times weekly maintenance regimen in severe psoriasis. A randomised studyD Thaci
Department of Dermatology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Dermatology 205:383-8. 2002..Body-weight-dependent (BWD) treatment of psoriasis with cyclosporine A (CsA is well established. It has recently been reported that this is not necessary for the treatment of atopic dermatitis...
- Effects of alefacept on health-related quality of life in patients with psoriasis: results from a randomized, placebo-controlled phase II trialCharles N Ellis
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0314, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 4:131-9. 2003..Chronic plaque psoriasis has a profound impact on patient quality of life (QOL), including adverse psychosocial effects, impaired daily activities, anxiety, and depression...
- The combination of calcipotriol and methotrexate compared with methotrexate and vehicle in psoriasis: results of a multicentre placebo-controlled randomized trialE M G J de Jong
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Center St Radboud, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 148:318-25. 2003..A multicentre, randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled, parallel-group study was carried out to study the effect of the addition of calcipotriol ointment to methotrexate (MTX) therapy in patients with psoriasis vulgaris...
- Calcipotriol plus betamethasone dipropionate scalp formulation is effective and well tolerated in the treatment of scalp psoriasis: a phase II studyColin Buckley
Department of Dermatology, Waterford Regional Hospital Ardkeen, Waterford, Ireland
Dermatology 217:107-13. 2008..There is a need for more effective therapy for scalp psoriasis...
- Cost-effectiveness of the two-compound formulation calcipotriol and betamethasone dipropionate compared with commonly used topical treatments in the management of moderately severe plaque psoriasis in ScotlandJulia M Bottomley
Amygdala Ltd, Letchworth Garden City, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1887-901. 2007..To determine the cost-effectiveness of calcipotriol/betamethasone dipropionate (Dovobet) in the initial treatment of moderate severity plaque psoriasis vulgaris in Scotland...
- Acrodermatitis continua of Hallopeau on toes successfully treated with a two-compound product containing calcipotriol and betamethasone dipropionateDimitrios Sotiriadis
First Dermatologic Clinic, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
J Dermatolog Treat 18:315-8. 2007..To investigate the efficacy of treating acrodermatitis continua of Hallopeau (ACH) with a new two-compound ointment...
- Topical preparations for the treatment of psoriasis: results of a retrospective study over 15 yearsAnna Zampetti
Department of Dermatology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
J Dermatolog Treat 19:134-40. 2008..Psoriasis requires lifelong treatments that depend on the extent, clinical forms and associated conditions...
- Hypercalcemia caused by vitamin D3 analogs in psoriasis treatmentGerald S Braun
Int J Dermatol 46:1315-7. 2007
- Efficacy, safety and quality of life of calcipotriol/betamethasone dipropionate (Dovobet) versus calcipotriol (Daivonex) in the treatment of psoriasis vulgaris: a randomized, multicentre, clinical trialRosita Saraceno
Department of Dermatology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, Rome, Italy
J Dermatolog Treat 18:361-5. 2007....
- A new scalp formulation of calcipotriene plus betamethasone compared with its active ingredients and the vehicle in the treatment of scalp psoriasis: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trialGregor B E Jemec
Department of Dermatology, Health Sciences Faculty University of Copenhagen, Roskilde Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:455-63. 2008..New topical treatments in scalp psoriasis are needed because many current topical treatments are disliked by patients and associated with poor compliance...
- Taclonex (calcipotriene 0.005% and betamethasone dipropionate 0.064%) ointmentWilliam Abramovits
Baylor University Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Skinmed 5:136-8. 2006
- ANALOG STUDIES OF 4-HPR AND ITS GLUCURONIDERobert W Curley; Fiscal Year: 2010..A clearer understanding of how these promising molecules function would further enhance our ability to develop and exploit them. ..
- ANALOG STUDIES OF 4-HPR AND ITS GLUCURONIDEROBERT CURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..A clearer understanding of how these promising molecules function would further enhance our ability to develop and exploit them. ..
- ANALOG STUDIES OF 4-HPR AND ITS GLUCURONIDEROBERT CURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ANALOG STUDIES OF 4-HPR AND ITS GLUCURONIDEROBERT CURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..for it to act; and identification of the primary target of 4-HPR action in cells and/or in vivo; 5) evaluation of our most potent analog (4-HPRCG or 4- HBRCG) with regard to tissue distribution and teratogenic potential ..
- ANALOG STUDIES OF 4-HPR AND ITS GLUCURONIDEROBERT CURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ANALOG STUDIES OF RETINOID GLUCURONIDE ACTIVITYROBERT CURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- ANALOG STUDIES OF RETINOID GLUCURONIDE ACTIVITYROBERT CURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- ANALOG STUDIES OF RETINOID GLUCURONIDE ACTIVITYROBERT CURLEY; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Regulation of human sebaceous glands by 13-cis retinoic acidDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings of these studies not only have the potential to advance our understanding of retinoid action in acne, but can lead to advances in the understanding of these agents in cancer biology and in innate immunity as well. ..
- Regulation of Lipid Metabolism in Human Sebaceous GlandsDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2005..Data generated from the proposed experiments will advance our understanding of the mechanisms regulating sebum production and can lead to identification of potential additional therapeutic target sites in the treatment of acne. ..
- Regulation of Lipid Metabolism in Human Sebaceous GlandsDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data generated from the proposed experiments will advance our understanding of the mechanisms regulating sebum production and can lead to identification of potential additional therapeutic target sites in the treatment of acne. ..
- Regulation of Lipid Metabolism in Human Sebaceous GlandsDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2003..Data generated from the proposed experiments will advance our understanding of the mechanisms regulating sebum production and can lead to identification of potential additional therapeutic target sites in the treatment of acne. ..
- Regulation of human sebaceous glands by 13-cis retinoic acidDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2008..The findings of these studies not only have the potential to advance our understanding of retinoid action in acne, but can lead to advances in the understanding of these agents in cancer biology and in innate immunity as well. ..
- Regulation of Lipid Metabolism in Human Sebaceous GlandsDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2004
- Regulation of Lipid Metabolism in Human Sebaceous GlandsDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2006
- Regulation of human sebaceous glands by 13-cis retinoic acidDiane M Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings of these studies not only have the potential to advance our understanding of retinoid action in acne, but can lead to advances in the understanding of these agents in cancer biology and in innate immunity as well. ..
- Regulation of human sebaceous glands by 13-cis retinoic acidDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2009
- UV-induced collagen reduction: treating skin sclerodermaSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Quantitating Absorption of Complex Chemical MixturesJim Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CLINICAL TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH IN DERMATOLOGYSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- UV-induced collagen reduction: treating skin sclerodermaSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- UV-Induced Collagen Reduction--Treating Skin SclerodermaSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Quantitating Absorption of Complex Chemical MixturesJim Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Quantitating Absorption of Complex Chemical MixturesJim Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- UV-induced collagen reduction: treating skin sclerodermaSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Quantitating Absorption of Complex Chemical MixturesJim Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- UV-induced collagen reduction: treating skin sclerodermaSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Vitamin A Storage and MetabolismWilliam S Blaner; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, in Aim 3 we will investigate how vitamin A is mobilized from HSCs and whether this requires direct involvement of serum retinol-binding protein (RBP) synthesized in hepatocytes. ..
- Impact of Fiber Fermentation on Fecal IncontinenceDonna Bliss; Fiscal Year: 2005..Differences among the measures of the groups after supplementation will be compared after controlling for baseline values of these measures using ANCOVA. ..
- Platelet Activating Factor and Epidermic CytotoxicityJEFFREY TRAVERS; Fiscal Year: 2004..These findings will aid in the understanding of the mechanism(s) by which oxidative stress can be involved in cutaneous pathophysiology. ..
- PLATELET ACTIVATING FACTOR AND EPIDERMAL CYTOTOXICITYJEFFREY TRAVERS; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will determine the structures of, and define the role of these novel lipid mediators in the acute UVB photoresponse. ..
- PHENOTYPE AND FUNCTION OF SENESCENT KERATINOCYTESBrian Nickoloff; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Inverted two photon laser scanning microscope for host defenseMichael Dustin; Fiscal Year: 2008..The impact on public health will be to develop better strategies to fight infections and reduce the incidence of pathogen triggered autoimmunity. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ORAL HEALTH OF OLDER TYPE 1 DIABETIC PATIENTSPaul Moore; Fiscal Year: 2001..This overall plan will permit us to understand the etiology of these complications and to define specific subpopulations and risk factors appropriate for future prospective oral health prevention and intervention trials. ..
- MUCOSAL T-CELLS IN EARLY&LATE PEDIATRIC CROHN'S DISEASESubra Kugathasan; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Neurocognitive Function in Childhood-Onset SLE (cSLE)Deborah Levy; Fiscal Year: 2008..In assessing this neurocognitive impairment, we will elucidate risk factors to target in future treatment and prevention trials. ..
- IMMUNOPATHOGENESIS OF PSORIASISBrian Nickoloff; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Effect of tumor and heparan sulfate on immune responsesRashid Rashid; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim #3 will determine if in vivo heparan sulfate treatment of LLC-bearing mice can increase the Th1 response. Results of our studies will lead to more effective immunotherapeutic approaches for cancer treatment. ..
- Vitamin A Storage and MetabolismWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, in Aim 3 we will investigate how vitamin A is mobilized from HSCs and whether this requires direct involvement of serum retinol-binding protein (RBP) synthesized in hepatocytes. ..
- Retinoids, RAMBAs, and Histone Deacetylase InhibitorsVincent Njar; Fiscal Year: 2006..The following specific aims that are proposed should enable us obtain substantial data that may support our hypothesis. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPASE D AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Postprandial Vitamin AWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Here, we will focus on the roles that RBP, CRBPI, CRBPIII and lipoprotein lipase have in facilitating postprandial vitamin A incorporation into milk. ..
- Carotene Cleavage Enzyme: Properties and PhysiologyWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim 4, we propose to use a cDNA clone for human CCE to characterize the biochemical properties of the recombinant enzyme. ..
- Cutaneous Hemangiomas and Signal TransductionJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ORAL HEALTH OF OLDER TYPE 1 DIABETIC PATIENTSPaul Moore; Fiscal Year: 2003..This overall plan will permit us to understand the etiology of these complications and to define specific subpopulations and risk factors appropriate for future prospective oral health prevention and intervention trials. ..
- ORAL HEALTH OF OLDER TYPE 1 DIABETIC PATIENTSPaul Moore; Fiscal Year: 2002..This overall plan will permit us to understand the etiology of these complications and to define specific subpopulations and risk factors appropriate for future prospective oral health prevention and intervention trials. ..
- THE PHOTOBIOLOGY OF VITAMIN DMichael Holick; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results from this study should provide important new insights into the photoproduction of toxisterols and suprasterols in human skin and provide new information about their potential biologic functions in the skin. ..
- FASEB SUMMER RESEARCH CONFERENCE ON RETINOIDSWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2002..This overview should allow the evaluation of future directions and the development of new ideas as well critical review of the recent research. ..
- THE VISUALLY DEFECTIVE PHENOTYPE OF RBP-DEFICIENT MICEWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2000..These studies will provide fundamental new information about the role(s) of RBP in vision. This information will be directly relevant to humans and human disease. ..
- Novel Optical System for Early Cervical Cancer DetectionRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such a probe would be useful in detecting epithelial cancers in other easily accessible sites in the body including the urinary tract, bladder, gastro-intestinal tract, colon, and oral cavity. ..
- Regularity Mechanisms of Aldosterone SecretionWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2006..The complex interactions between AngII and serum K+ levels suggest that abnormalities in the glomerulosa cell response to either agonist, or both, may contribute to the development of some forms of hypertension. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Postoperative dietary counseling after bariatric surgeryDAVID SARWER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results of this study could have a significant impact on the postoperative care of these individuals. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPASE D AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Cell Death in Normal and Diseased Human EpidermisBrian Nickoloff; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- THE PHOTOBIOLOGY OF VITAMIN D3Michael Holick; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- Role of TGF-b In Excessive Scarring: A Cutaneous ModelThomas Mustoe; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MUCOSAL T-CELLS IN EARLY&LATE PEDIATRIC CROHN'S DISEASESubra Kugathasan; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- THE PHOTOBIOLOGY OF VITAMIN D3Michael Holick; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- Peripheral Nicotinic Cholinergic and Inflammatory Dysfunction in AgingLORISE GAHRING; Fiscal Year: 2009..Further, we will determine if changes in nAChR expression shape the progression of normal aging of the skin through altering the important balance between normal and excessive inflammation. ..
- Mechanisms of TNFa Enhancement of Nicotinic Receptor UpregulationLORISE GAHRING; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding how the inflammatory system and response to nicotine interact will impact upon how we approach these problems with therapeutic agents. ..
- Peripheral Nicotinic Cholinergic and Inflammatory Dysfunction in AgingLorise C Gahring; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further, we will determine if changes in nAChR expression shape the progression of normal aging of the skin through altering the important balance between normal and excessive inflammation. ..
- Peripheral Nicotinic Cholinergic and Inflammatory Dysfunction in AgingLORISE GAHRING; Fiscal Year: 2009..Further, we will determine if changes in nAChR expression shape the progression of normal aging of the skin through altering the important balance between normal and excessive inflammation. ..
- Mechanisms of TNFa Enhancement of Nicotinic Receptor UpregulationSCOTT WARREN ROGERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding how the inflammatory system and response to nicotine interact will impact upon how we approach these problems with therapeutic agents. ..
- Cholinergic Modulation of Inflammatory CNS CytokinesLORISE GAHRING; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- SunSmart America: Evaluating a School-based CurriculumRobert Kirsner; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results will be used for planning to implement the SunSmart America curriculum throughout Florida and nationwide. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cholinergic Modulation of Inflammatory CNS CytokinesLORISE GAHRING; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Neurocognitive Function in Childhood-Onset SLE (cSLE)Deborah Levy; Fiscal Year: 2007..In assessing this neurocognitive impairment, we will elucidate risk factors to target in future treatment and prevention trials. ..
- Nicotine Modulation of Caspases in Non-Neuronal CellsLORISE GAHRING; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- SunSmart America: Evaluating a School-based CurriculumRobert Kirsner; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results will be used for planning to implement the SunSmart America curriculum throughout Florida and nationwide. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Peripheral Nicotinic Cholinergic and Inflammatory Dysfunction in AgingLORISE GAHRING; Fiscal Year: 2008
- Early Clinical Trials of New Anti-Cancer AgentsPatricia LoRusso; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Phase I Clinical Trials of New Anticancer AgentsPatricia LoRusso; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Correlative Studies for NCI Study #7977: Phase I trial of ABT-888 Plus IrinotecanPatricia LoRusso; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, the proposed experiments may point the way to assays that identify patients who are more or less likely to respond to this therapy, thereby permitting individualized therapy of patients in the future. ..