Genomes and Genes
Summary: Drugs used to treat or prevent skin disorders or for the routine care of skin.
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- A comparison of twice-daily calcipotriol ointment with once-daily short-contact dithranol cream therapy: quality-of-life outcomes of a randomized controlled trial of supervised treatment of psoriasis in a day-care settingJ de Korte
Department of Dermatology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 158:375-81. 2008..Quality of life, i.e. the physical, psychological, and social functioning and well-being of the patient, has become an essential outcome measure in chronic skin disease...
- The socioeconomic impact of atopic dermatitis in the United States: a systematic reviewAnthony J Mancini
Division of Pediatric Dermatology, Children s Memorial Hospital, and Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 25:1-6. 2008..Measurement of the cost of atopic dermatitis in the United States has been limited to direct cost-identification analyses, with few studies measuring the indirect cost of disease...
- Guidelines for treating acneAndreas D Katsambas
Department of Dermatology, University of Athens, Andreas Sygros Hospital, 5 Ionos Dragoumi Street, Athens, Greece
Clin Dermatol 22:439-44. 2004..3) Effective treatment can dramatically improve a person's quality of life...
- Narrowband ultraviolet B phototherapy and 308-nm excimer laser in the treatment of vitiligo: a reviewElectra Nicolaidou
First Department of Dermatology, University of Athens School of Medicine, Andreas Sygros Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Am Acad Dermatol 60:470-7. 2009..Available data concerning the follow-up of treated patients and some criteria for the selection of patients with a greater chance to respond satisfactorily to treatment are also presented...
- The value of amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen in routine screening for methotrexate-induced liver fibrosis: a 10-year follow-upH Zachariae
Department of Dermatology, Marselisborg Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Br J Dermatol 144:100-3. 2001..Methotrexate (MTX) -induced liver damage is an important complication in patients treated with this drug for skin disease. Reliable non-invasive monitoring tests would have considerable importance...
- Acne and systemic diseaseMargarita S Lolis
Department of Dermatology, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Med Clin North Am 93:1161-81. 2009..Generally, the severity of acne lesions determines the type of acne regimen necessary. The emergence of drug-resistant P acnes and adverse side effects are current limitations to effective acne management...
- Influence of isotretinoin on nasal mucociliary clearance and lung function in patients with acne vulgarisCanan Gorpelioglu
Department of Dermatology, Fatih University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Dermatol 49:87-90. 2010..Isotretinoin caused signs and symptoms of dry nose and disturbed mucociliary clearance without affecting PFTs. Nasal complications generally are not serious, especially when isotretinoin is taken in low doses...
- Long-term mini-doses of isotretinoin in the treatment of relapsing acneBoaz Amichai
J Dermatol 30:572. 2003
- Long-term safety aspects of systemic therapy with fumaric acid esters in severe psoriasisJ J Hoefnagel
Department of Dermatology, B1-Q, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 149:363-9. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: The present study indicates that FAE can be considered as a safe long-term treatment in patients with severe psoriasis...
- Validity and reliability of patient reported outcomes used in psoriasis: results from two randomized clinical trialsRichard Shikiar
Center for Health Outcomes Research, MEDTAP International, Inc, Seattle, WA USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 1:53. 2003..Patient reported measures of psoriasis-related functionality and health-related quality of life and of psoriasis-related symptom assessments were included as part of the trials...
- Methotrexate versus cyclosporine in moderate-to-severe chronic plaque psoriasisVera M R Heydendael
Department of Dermatology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 349:658-65. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: No significant differences in efficacy were found between methotrexate and cyclosporine for the treatment of moderate-to-severe psoriasis...
- The effects of an estrogen and glycolic acid cream on the facial skin of postmenopausal women: a randomized histologic studyKatie O Fuchs
Glens Falls Hospital, Glens Falls, New York 12801, USA
Cutis 71:481-8. 2003..Although not statistically significant (P = .1), a cumulative effect was seen when estradiol and glycolic acid creams were used in combination...
- Infliximab associated new-onset psoriasisDavid R Adams
Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Department of Dermatology, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 5:178-9. 2006..We report 2 patients without a history of psoriasis who after administration of infliximab for their inflammatory bowel disease experienced new onset, biopsy confirmed psoriasis...
- The long-term efficacy and safety of new biological therapies for psoriasisKim A Papp
Probity Medical Research, University of Western Ontario, 135 Union Street East, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Arch Dermatol Res 298:7-15. 2006..Long-term data from psoriasis trials continue to accumulate. Recent data suggest that biological therapies have efficacy and safety profiles suitable for the long-term treatment of patients with moderate to severe psoriasis...
- Tazarotene cream in the treatment of psoriasis: Two multicenter, double-blind, randomized, vehicle-controlled studies of the safety and efficacy of tazarotene creams 0.05% and 0.1% applied once daily for 12 weeksGerald D Weinstein
University of California, Irvine, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 48:760-7. 2003..Tazarotene cream 0.1% was generally more effective, although slightly less well tolerated, than the 0.05% cream...
- PsoriasisMark Lebwohl
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Lancet 361:1197-204. 2003..Enhancements in topical therapy and phototherapy have also increased the armamentarium of treatments available for this disorder...
- Topical treatment of mild to moderate plaque psoriasis with 0.3% tacrolimus gel and 0.5% tacrolimus cream: the effect on SUM score, epidermal proliferation, keratinization, T-cell subsets and HLA-DR expressionW H P M Vissers
Department of Dermatology, Radboud University Medical Centre Nijmegen, René Descartes dreef 1, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 158:705-12. 2008..g. the transcription of proinflammatory cytokines, keratinocyte hyperproliferation and the expression of HLA-DR in lesional psoriatic skin...
- The combination of calcipotriol and methotrexate compared with methotrexate and vehicle in psoriasis: results of a multicentre placebo-controlled randomized trialE M G J de Jong
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Center St Radboud, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 148:318-25. 2003..A multicentre, randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled, parallel-group study was carried out to study the effect of the addition of calcipotriol ointment to methotrexate (MTX) therapy in patients with psoriasis vulgaris...
- Effects of alefacept on health-related quality of life in patients with psoriasis: results from a randomized, placebo-controlled phase II trialCharles N Ellis
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109-0314, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 4:131-9. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: The clinical effect of alefacept on psoriasis is associated with an improvement in patients' QOL. Among patients with moderate to severe psoriasis, an improvement in PASI of 50% or more is associated with better QOL scores...
- Efalizumab for patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis: a randomized controlled trialKenneth B Gordon
Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Ill 60153, USA
JAMA 290:3073-80. 2003..Because T-cell interactions are involved in the pathophysiology of psoriasis, therapy with a T-cell modulator may have beneficial effects on psoriasis severity and health-related quality of life (HRQL)...
- Monitoring methotrexate-induced hepatic fibrosis in patients with psoriasis: are serial liver biopsies justified?G P Aithal
Queen s Medical Centre University Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 19:391-9. 2004..Reports that up to 26% of subjects with psoriasis develop cirrhosis have led to a recommendation of serial liver biopsies after each cumulative dose of 1500 mg of methotrexate...
- Low-dose schema of isotretinoin in acne vulgarisI Mandekou-Lefaki
State Hospital for Skin and Venereal Diseases, Thessaloniki, Greece
Int J Clin Pharmacol Res 23:41-6. 2003..Our results confirm the beneficial effect of the low-dose schema. We recommend a total dose > or = 120 mg/kg, as this therapeutic regimen of isotretinoin has proven to be the most successful in preventing relapses and scarring...
- A double-blind, randomized quantitative comparison of calcitriol ointment and calcipotriol ointment on epidermal cell populations, proliferation and differentiationJ E M Körver
Department of Dermatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 156:130-7. 2007..However, studies comparing both treatment modalities are scarce. Especially, there are almost no studies comparing the effects on epidermal cell populations in a quantitative manner...
- A prospective study of the responsiveness of depression and suicidal ideation in acne patients to different phases of isotretinoin therapyS C Kellett
Department of Clinical Psychology, Keresforth Centre, Barnsley S70 6RS, UK
Eur J Dermatol 15:484-8. 2005..Corresponding improvements in the somatic symptoms of depression and hopelessness were not found. The implications of the research are discussed in relation to methodological design issues in this area...
- Alefacept (anti-CD2) causes a selective reduction in circulating effector memory T cells (Tem) and relative preservation of central memory T cells (Tcm) in psoriasisFrancesca Chamian
Laboratory for Investigative Dermatology, The Rockefeller University, New York, USA
J Transl Med 5:27. 2007..Alefacept (anti-CD2) biological therapy selectively targets effector memory T cells (Tem) in psoriasis vulgaris, a model Type 1 autoimmune disease...
- Dermal and transdermal delivery of an anti-psoriatic agent via ethanolic liposomesVaibhav Dubey
Pharmaceutics Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar M P, 470003, India
J Control Release 123:148-54. 2007..Our results suggests that ethosomes are an efficient carrier for dermal and transdermal delivery of MTX...
- Traditional therapies in the management of moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis: an assessment of the benefits and risksL Naldi
Clinica Dermatologica, Ospedali Riuniti, Largo Barozzi, 1 24128 Bergamo, Italy
Br J Dermatol 152:597-615. 2005..This review summarizes the benefits and risks of traditional, nonbiological therapies for moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis...
- Extended efalizumab therapy improves chronic plaque psoriasis: results from a randomized phase III trialCraig L Leonardi
Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:425-33. 2005..Efalizumab inhibits multiple T-cell-mediated processes...
- A multicenter, randomized, double-blind trial of tazarotene 0.1% cream in the treatment of photodamageSewon Kang
University of Michigan Medical Center, Department of Dermatology, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0314, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:268-74. 2005..Previous studies indicate that tazarotene is efficacious in reducing signs of photodamage. Objective We sought to confirm the efficacy and tolerability of tazarotene 0.1% cream in the treatment of facial photodamage...
- 13-cis-Retinoic acid alters intracellular serotonin, increases 5-HT1A receptor, and serotonin reuptake transporter levels in vitroKally C O'Reilly
Institute of Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 232:1195-203. 2007..Increases in both 5-HT(1A) receptor and SERT proteins may lead to decreased serotonin availability at synapses. Such an effect of 13-cis-RA could contribute to the increased depression-related behaviors we have shown in mice...
- Tazarotene 0.1% cream versus tretinoin 0.05% emollient cream in the treatment of photodamaged facial skin: a multicenter, double-blind, randomized, parallel-group studyNicholas Lowe
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Cosmet Laser Ther 6:79-85. 2004..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of tazarotene 0.1% cream and tretinoin 0.05% emollient cream in the treatment of photodamaged facial skin...
- Recent insights into the immunopathogenesis of psoriasis provide new therapeutic opportunitiesBrian J Nickoloff
Skin Disease Research Laboratory and Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University of Chicago, Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
J Clin Invest 113:1664-75. 2004..Such strategic transition from serendipity to the use of novel selective agents aimed at defined targets in psoriatic lesions is moving rapidly from research benches to the bedsides of patients with this chronic and debilitating disease...
- Treatment of recalcitrant pustular psoriasis with infliximab: effective reduction of chemokine expressionS Benoit
Department of Dermatology, , Josef-Schneider-Str. 2, 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 150:1009-12. 2004..We conclude that anti-TNF-alpha treatment with infliximab is an effective therapy in severe pustular psoriasis which is reflected by downregulation of disease-promoting chemokines such as IL-8, Gro-alpha and MCP-1...
- Practical use of Juvéderm: early experienceKevin C Smith
Niagara Falls Dermatology and Skin Care Center, Ontario, Canada
Plast Reconstr Surg 120:67S-73S. 2007..The author's purpose was to provide early information to clinicians who perform aesthetic surgery...
- Isotretinoin and the risk of depression in patients with acne vulgaris: a case-crossover studyLaurent Azoulay
Department of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 69:526-32. 2008..To determine whether isotretinoin increases the risk of depression in patients with acne vulgaris...
- 13-cis-retinoic acid alters the cellular morphology of slice-cultured serotonergic neurons in the ratJunko Ishikawa
Department of Neuroscience, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Minamikogushi, Ube, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 27:2363-72. 2008..Moreover, RXR has a greater influence on the morphology of 5-HT neurons than RAR. The receptor-mediated actions of 13-cis-RA presented here may provide a clue for further research on depression associated with the use of 13-cis-RA...
- Treatment of psoriasis with fumaric acid esters: results of a prospective multicentre study. German Multicentre StudyU Mrowietz
Department of Dermatology, University of Kiel, Germany
Br J Dermatol 138:456-60. 1998..Transient eosinophilia seems to be a characteristic feature of FAE therapy, while lymphocytopenia is usually mild. Adverse effects are dose-related and consist mainly of gastrointestinal complaints and flushing...
- Role of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis in methotrexate-induced liver injuryG Langman
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Groote Schuur Hospital and the University of Cape Town, South Africa
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:1395-401. 2001..In addition, MTX alone can cause a NASH-like pattern of injury that is at least, in part, caused by a higher cumulative dose...
- Tazarotene cream for the treatment of facial photodamage: a multicenter, investigator-masked, randomized, vehicle-controlled, parallel comparison of 0.01%, 0.025%, 0.05%, and 0.1% tazarotene creams with 0.05% tretinoin emollient cream applied once daily fS Kang
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Arch Dermatol 137:1597-604. 2001..To assess the safety and efficacy of 4 concentrations of tazarotene cream in the treatment of facial photodamage...
- Comparison of combined azelaic acid cream plus oral minocycline with oral isotretinoin in severe acneH P Gollnick
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 11:538-44. 2001..The secondary aim was to establish the value of AA cream as maintenance therapy in the prevention of recurrent acne...
- Topical therapies for localized psoriasisP M Witman
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 76:943-9. 2001..This article reviews the topical medications currently available for the treatment of psoriasis and provides an approach to patients with localized disease...
- Efficacy of sirolimus (rapamycin) administered concomitantly with a subtherapeutic dose of cyclosporin in the treatment of severe psoriasis: a randomized controlled trialS Reitamo
Department of Dermatology, Skin and Allergy Hospital, University of Helsinki, Meilahdentie 2, 00250 Helsinki, Finland
Br J Dermatol 145:438-45. 2001..The identification of a highly potent immunosuppressive/antiproliferative agent with an acceptable toxicity profile has long been a goal for the management of severe plaque psoriasis...
- Transdermal delivery of methotrexate: iontophoretic delivery from hydrogels and passive delivery from microemulsionsM J Alvarez-Figueroa
Departamento de Farmacia y Tecnologia Farmaceutica, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, 15706, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Int J Pharm 215:57-65. 2001..At the end of all assays, significant amounts of MTX were detected in the skin. These results suggest that both hydrogels and microemulsions may be of value for the topical administration of MTX in the treatment of psoriasis...
- Combination therapy with vitamin D analoguesS Lamba
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York 10029-6574, USA
Br J Dermatol 144:27-32. 2001..As long as treatments are used correctly, the benefits of combination therapy with vitamin D analogues usually outweigh the few drawbacks...
- Chronic 13-cis-retinoic acid administration disrupts network interactions between the raphe nuclei and the hippocampal system in young adult miceKally C O'Reilly
Institute of Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 605:68-77. 2009....
- Changes of psychiatric parameters and their relationships by oral isotretinoin in acne patientsBong Jin Hahm
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Dermatol 36:255-61. 2009..These results indicate that oral isotretinoin therapy alleviates depressive symptoms. Improvements in depression are directly related to acne-related life quality improvements rather than to improvement in acne grade...
- Calcitriol 3 microg g-1 ointment in combination with ultraviolet B phototherapy for the treatment of plaque psoriasis: results of a comparative studyJ Ring
University Hospital of Dermatology, Hamburg, Germany
Br J Dermatol 144:495-9. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Calcitriol 3 microg g-1 ointment and UVB phototherapy in combination provides a promising therapy for managing chronic plaque psoriasis...
- A comparison of tazarotene 0.1% gel once daily plus mometasone furoate 0.1% cream once daily versus calcipotriene 0.005% ointment twice daily in the treatment of plaque psoriasisL C Guenther
Private practice and University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Clin Ther 22:1225-38. 2000..Tazarotene is commonly used in conjunction with a topical corticosteroid. In this study, tazarotene was used with mometasone furoate (a synthetic corticosteroid), and the 2-drug regimen was compared with calcipotriene monotherapy...
- Isotretinoin use and risk of depression, psychotic symptoms, suicide, and attempted suicideS S Jick
Boston Collaborative Drug Surveillance Program, 11 Muzzey St, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
Arch Dermatol 136:1231-6. 2000..It has been suggested that there is a causal association between isotretinoin therapy and the risk of depression, psychotic symptoms, suicide, and attempted suicide...
- Photodamage pilot study: a double-blind, vehicle-controlled study to assess the efficacy and safety of tazarotene 0.1% gelJ Sefton
Allergan, Inc, Irvine, and the Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 43:656-63. 2000..Tazarotene, a potent acetylenic retinoid for topical use, might be expected to benefit photodamaged skin, including improving the classical signs of fine wrinkles, mottled hyperpigmentation, and roughness...
- Calcipotriol cream combined with twice weekly broad-band UVB phototherapy: a safe, effective and UVB-sparing antipsoriatric combination treatment. The Canadian Calcipotriol and UVB Study GroupC A Ramsay
Women s College Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada
Dermatology 200:17-24. 2000..Although studies on calcipotriol and UVB have also been performed, there are no data on the UVB-saving effect of calcipotriol combined with broad-band UVB to reduce overall UVB exposure, while maintaining efficacy...
- Treatment of psoriasis with the chimeric monoclonal antibody against tumor necrosis factor alpha, infliximabRudolf E Schopf
Department of Dermatology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Am Acad Dermatol 46:886-91. 2002..CONCLUSION: Although psoriasis tends to recur beyond 2 months of the infusions, this open study provides evidence that infliximab is an effective treatment...
- Combination of calcipotriene (Dovonex) ointment and tazarotene (Tazorac) gel versus clobetasol ointment in the treatment of plaque psoriasis: a pilot studyPaul H Bowman
Department of Dermatology, University of California at San Francisco, 94118, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 46:907-13. 2002..There does not seem to be any chemical incompatibility between calcipotriene ointment and tazarotene gel that is clinically significant...
- Clinical, biometric and structural evaluation of the long-term effects of a topical treatment with ascorbic acid and madecassoside in photoaged human skinMarek Haftek
Universite Lyon 1, EA4169 Laboratory for Dermatological Research, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Exp Dermatol 17:946-52. 2008..Two-thirds of the subjects showed an improvement. The re-appearance of a normally structured elastic fibre network was observed. Our results revealed a functional and structural remodelling of chronically sun-damaged skin...
- Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of infliximab on psoriatic nails: an unblinded, nonrandomized, open-label studyD Rigopoulos
Department of Dermatology, Nail Unit, University of Athens Medical School, A Sygros Hospital, Athens, Greece
Br J Dermatol 159:453-6. 2008..Objectives The objective of this unblended, nonrandomized, open-label study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of infliximab on nail psoriasis...
- Efficacy of 0.1% tazarotene cream for the treatment of photodamage: a 12-month multicenter, randomized trialTania J Phillips
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Arch Dermatol 138:1486-93. 2002..To determine the efficacy and safety of 0.1% tazarotene cream for the treatment of photodamage...
- Calcipotriol plus short-contact dithranol: a novel topical combination therapy for chronic plaque psoriasisA Monastirli
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of Patras, Patras, Greece
Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol 15:246-51. 2002....
- Recalcitrant, generalized pustular psoriasis: rapid and lasting therapeutic response to antitumour necrosis factor-alpha antibody (infliximab)K Schmick
Br J Dermatol 150:367. 2004
- Topical calcipotriol plus oral fumaric acid is more effective and faster acting than oral fumaric acid monotherapy in the treatment of severe chronic plaque psoriasis vulgarisH Gollnick
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Dermatology 205:46-53. 2002..Calcipotriol is an established topical therapy for psoriasis vulgaris...
- Development of SLNs from natural lipids: application to topical delivery of tretinoinSagar D Mandawgade
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Int J Pharm 363:132-8. 2008..The results of the characterization and evaluation established the safety for use, suitability and compatibility of indigenous natural lipids as a novel excipient...
- A new calcipotriol/betamethasone formulation with rapid onset of action was superior to monotherapy with betamethasone dipropionate or calcipotriol in psoriasis vulgarisW S Douglas
Department of Dermatology, Monklands Hospital, Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK
Acta Derm Venereol 82:131-5. 2002..It is safe to transfer patients from combination to calcipotriol, with maintenance of clinical effect...
- Rapid response to infliximab in severe pustular psoriasis, von Zumbusch typeMeggan R Newland
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Miami, 1444 NW 9th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Int J Dermatol 41:449-52. 2002..We report a case of rapid response and clinical benefit using infliximab in severe pustular psoriasis of von Zumbusch...
- Body-weight-independent dosing of cyclosporine micro-emulsion and three times weekly maintenance regimen in severe psoriasis. A randomised studyD Thaci
Department of Dermatology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Dermatology 205:383-8. 2002..Body-weight-dependent (BWD) treatment of psoriasis with cyclosporine A (CsA is well established. It has recently been reported that this is not necessary for the treatment of atopic dermatitis...
- Clobetasol propionate for psoriasis: are ointments really more potent?Lindsey Warino
Ohio State University College of Medicine, School of Public Health, Columbus, OH, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 5:527-32. 2006..We excluded studies conducted before 1980 and those that allowed concomitant treatments...
- Pimecrolimus 1% cream in the treatment of facial psoriasis: a 16-week open-label studyArnd Jacobi
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Dermatology 216:133-6. 2008..Facial psoriasis requires a treatment approach other than topical corticosteroids which bear the risk of skin atrophy. Topical pimecrolimus has been shown to be effective in atopic eczema and recently in psoriasis...
- Calcipotriol plus betamethasone dipropionate scalp formulation is effective and well tolerated in the treatment of scalp psoriasis: a phase II studyColin Buckley
Department of Dermatology, Waterford Regional Hospital Ardkeen, Waterford, Ireland
Dermatology 217:107-13. 2008..There is a need for more effective therapy for scalp psoriasis...
- [Is the psoriasis plaque test still relevant in the age of biologicals?]G Wozel
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie, Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus Dresden an der Technischen Universität Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307, Dresden
Hautarzt 57:672-8. 2006..The PPT is relatively simple, not time-consuming and allows the simultaneous testing of multiple substance. All the results from PPT must be confirmed by controlled clinical trials...
- Calcipotriol (Dovobet) ointment in combination with UVB therapy for psoriasis treatmentCorrie Rogers
Phototherapy Education and Research Centre, Women's College Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dermatol Nurs 18:258-61. 2006..Light therapy was increased by 10% increments at each visit or as tolerated by the patient. Results show the combination of light therapy plus Dovobet may be an effective and convenient option in the treatment of psoriasis...
- Comparison of the efficacy of calcipotriol and maxacalcitol in combination with narrow-band ultraviolet B therapy for the treatment of psoriasis vulgarisReiko Noborio
Department of Geriatric and Environmental Dermatology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 22:262-4. 2006..These findings provide further evidence that calcipotriol has advantages over maxacalcitol regarding the narrow-band UVB-accumulated treatment dose and improvement rate of psoriasis area and severity index (PASI) scores...
- [Combined topical therapy of psoriasis: position of calcitriol and vitamin D analogs]J Schmitt
, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307, Dresden
Hautarzt 57:679-84. 2006..This also holds true for combinations with a UVB or UVA light therapy. Preparations containing both a corticosteroid and vitamin D derivative are well suited for combining topical treatment with modern systemic antipsoriatic drugs...
- Improved clinical outcomes with moisturization in dermatologic diseaseFred E Ghali
Pediatric Dermatology of North Texas, PA, Grapevine, USA
Cutis 76:13-8. 2005..Although further research is warranted, moisturizers represent a valuable first-line treatment option for many dermatologic diseases and confer a number of important therapeutic benefits beyond mere cosmetic effects...
- Pulsed dye laser versus treatment with calcipotriol/betamethasone dipropionate for localized refractory plaque psoriasis: effects on T-cell infiltration, epidermal proliferation and keratinizationH Jorn Bovenschen
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Rene Descartesdreef 1, 6525 GL, Nijmeger, The Netherlands
J Dermatolog Treat 18:32-9. 2007..Selective photothermolysis of diseased capillaries by pulsed dye laser (PDL) treatment has been described as a mechanism for long-lasting clearance of psoriatic plaques...
- Advances in first-line topical therapies: the role of a 2-compound ointment for psoriasis vulgarisMark G Lebwohl
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Cutis 79:3-4. 2007
- An investigator-masked comparison of the efficacy and safety of twice daily applications of calcitriol 3 microg/g ointment vs. calcipotriol 50 microg/g ointment in subjects with mild to moderate chronic plaque-type psoriasisX Zhu
Department of Dermatology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing, China
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 21:466-72. 2007..Calcitriol and calcipotriol, two vitamin D derivatives, are available for topical treatment of psoriasis and have been shown to be effective...
- The evolving role of topical treatments in adjunctive therapy for moderate to severe plaque psoriasisMark Lebwohl
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Cutis 80:29-40. 2007..It is notable that in subjects who were being treated with a variety of agents, the addition of clobetasol propionate spray 0.05% during the course of the study resulted in improvements in disease severity...
- A new scalp formulation of calcipotriene plus betamethasone compared with its active ingredients and the vehicle in the treatment of scalp psoriasis: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trialGregor B E Jemec
Department of Dermatology, Health Sciences Faculty University of Copenhagen, Roskilde Hospital, Roskilde, Denmark
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:455-63. 2008..New topical treatments in scalp psoriasis are needed because many current topical treatments are disliked by patients and associated with poor compliance...
- Hypercalcemia caused by vitamin D3 analogs in psoriasis treatmentGerald S Braun
Int J Dermatol 46:1315-7. 2007
- Clinical effect of vitamin D3 analogues is not inactivated by subsequent UV exposureYuka Adachi
Department of Dermatology, Kanssai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 24:16-8. 2008..Experimental investigations demonstrated that calcipotriol is degraded by UV radiation, and suggested that calcipotriol should be applied after phototherapy but not immediately before...
- Efficacy, safety and quality of life of calcipotriol/betamethasone dipropionate (Dovobet) versus calcipotriol (Daivonex) in the treatment of psoriasis vulgaris: a randomized, multicentre, clinical trialRosita Saraceno
Department of Dermatology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, Rome, Italy
J Dermatolog Treat 18:361-5. 2007....
- Topical preparations for the treatment of psoriasis: results of a retrospective study over 15 yearsAnna Zampetti
Department of Dermatology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
J Dermatolog Treat 19:134-40. 2008..Psoriasis requires lifelong treatments that depend on the extent, clinical forms and associated conditions...
- Comparison of cutaneous tolerance and efficacy of calcitriol 3 microg g(-1) ointment and tacrolimus 0.3 mg g(-1) ointment in chronic plaque psoriasis involving facial or genitofemoral areas: a double-blind, randomized controlled trialY H Liao
Department of Dermatology, National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, 7, Chung Shan South Road, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Br J Dermatol 157:1005-12. 2007..Two nonsteroidal topical agents, calcitriol and tacrolimus, have been reported to be effective and safe for psoriatic lesions on sensitive areas. However, no comparative studies between calcitriol and tacrolimus have been reported...
- Acrodermatitis continua of Hallopeau on toes successfully treated with a two-compound product containing calcipotriol and betamethasone dipropionateDimitrios Sotiriadis
First Dermatologic Clinic, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
J Dermatolog Treat 18:315-8. 2007..To investigate the efficacy of treating acrodermatitis continua of Hallopeau (ACH) with a new two-compound ointment...
- Cost-effectiveness of the two-compound formulation calcipotriol and betamethasone dipropionate compared with commonly used topical treatments in the management of moderately severe plaque psoriasis in ScotlandJulia M Bottomley
Amygdala Ltd, Letchworth Garden City, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1887-901. 2007..To determine the cost-effectiveness of calcipotriol/betamethasone dipropionate (Dovobet) in the initial treatment of moderate severity plaque psoriasis vulgaris in Scotland...
- Comparison of clinical efficacy of topical tazarotene 0.1% cream with topical clobetasol propionate 0.05% cream in chronic plaque psoriasis: a double-blind, randomized, right-left comparison studyJoe S Angelo
Department of Dermatology, SLR and TC, Karigiri, Vellore, India
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 73:65. 2007..No controlled data is available till date comparing topical tazarotene and clobetasol in Indian psoriatic patients...
- Limited application of fluticasone propionate ointment, 0.005% in patients with psoriasis of the face and intertriginous areasM G Lebwohl
Department of Dermatology, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine of New York University, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 44:77-82. 2001....
- Calcipotriol ointment versus cream in psoriasis vulgarisG Duweb
Dermatology Department, Garyounis University, Benghazi, Libya
Int J Clin Pharmacol Res 23:47-51. 2003..In conclusion, calcipotriol was effective, safe and well tolerated in the treatment of psoriasis vulgaris and better results were observed with the ointment formulation. Longer treatment courses could be advised...
- Positive effect of using calcipotriol ointment with narrow-band ultraviolet B phototherapy in psoriatic patientsJong-Hyun Rim
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28-Yongon-dong, Chongno-gu, Seoul 110-744, Korea
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 18:131-4. 2002..More studies are warranted to confirm these results...
- Calcipotriol versus coal tar: a prospective randomized study in stable plaque psoriasisVikas Sharma
Department of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Int J Dermatol 42:834-8. 2003..e. 12 weeks, 5% coal tar ointment had comparable efficacy. There was no statistically significant difference in the relapse rates between the two modalities...
- Combination of calcipotriol and clobetasol propionate as a premixed ointment for the treatment of psoriasisNorito Katoh
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kawara machi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Eur J Dermatol 13:382-4. 2003..The combined once-per-day application of 0.004% calcipotriol/0.01% clobetasol propionate as a premixed ointment is a promising regimen for psoriasis...
- Calcitriol ointment and clobetasol propionate cream: a new regimen for the treatment of plaque psoriasisMorad Lahfa
, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 25015 Paris, France
Eur J Dermatol 13:261-5. 2003....
- Efficacy of betamethasone valerate mousse in comparison with standard therapies on scalp psoriasis: an open, multicentre, randomized, controlled, cross-over study on 241 patientsL Andreassi
Clinica Dermatologica, University of Siena, Italy
Br J Dermatol 148:134-8. 2003..01). CONCLUSIONS: BVM is more effective than lotion-based ST commonly used in the treatment of scalp psoriasis, and has higher patient acceptability...
- Vitamin D and systemic therapyPeter van de Kerkhof
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Nijmegen, Netherlands
Cutis 70:16-20. 2002....
- Vitamin D and topical therapyMark Lebwohl
Department of Dermatology, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Cutis 70:5-8. 2002..05% ointment and cream have been shown to be compatible with calcipotriene for up to 2 weeks. The compatibility of calcipotriene and halobetasol permits the use of these agents together...
- Long-term safety and efficacy of high-concentration (20 microg/g) tacalcitol ointment in psoriasis vulgarisYoshiki Miyachi
Department of Dermatology, Kyoto University, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, 606 8507, Japan
Eur J Dermatol 12:463-8. 2002..Serum calcium should be monitored in patients with decreased renal function and other suspected impairment of calcium metabolism, before and during the treatment with tacalcitol 20 microg/g ointment...
- The importance of accurate dosage of topical agents: a method of estimating involved area and application to calcipotriol treatment failuresJ E Osborne
The Department of Dermatology, Leicester Royal Infirmary, UK
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 16:367-73. 2002..0001). The frequency distribution of the PASI reduction defined responsive (70% of patients) and poorly responsive groups (30%), with mean PASI reduction of 60% and 17%, respectively...
- Calcipotriol and betamethasone dipropionate (Dovobet, Daivobet): a new formulation for the treatment of psoriasisY Poulin
Department of Dermatology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Canada
Skin Therapy Lett 7:1-3. 2002..This compound has been shown to be more active than either agent used along. The efficacy of once daily application was not shown to be different from that of twice daily use...
- Nail psoriasis: a combined treatment using calcipotriol cream and clobetasol propionate creamD Rigopoulos
Acta Derm Venereol 82:140. 2002
- Tacalcitol ointment for long-term control of chronic plaque psoriasis in dermatological practiceJ Lambert
Department of Dermatology, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Dermatology 204:321-4. 2002..Various studies have shown the benefit of topical vitamin D(3) analogues in the treatment of mild to moderate plaque psoriasis...
- A pilot study to assess the safety and efficacy of topical calcipotriol treatment in childhood psoriasisS B Park
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Korea
Pediatr Dermatol 16:321-5. 1999..Therefore monitoring of vitamin D metabolites may be necessary during calcipotriol therapy. More investigative studies are needed to resolve this issue...
- Phototherapy of psoriasis: comparative experience of different phototherapeutic approachesS Karrer
Department of Dermatology, University of Regensburg, Germany
Dermatology 202:108-15. 2001....
- The safety of calcitriol 3 microg/g ointment. Evaluation of cutaneous contact sensitization, cumulative irritancy, photoallergic contact sensitization and phototoxicityC Queille-Roussel
CPCAD, , BP 3079, 06202 Nice cedex, France
Eur J Dermatol 11:219-24. 2001..These studies showed that calcitriol 3 microg/g ointment is a well-tolerated treatment for stable plaque-type psoriasis...
- ANALOG STUDIES OF 4-HPR AND ITS GLUCURONIDERobert W Curley; Fiscal Year: 2010..A clearer understanding of how these promising molecules function would further enhance our ability to develop and exploit them. ..
- ANALOG STUDIES OF 4-HPR AND ITS GLUCURONIDEROBERT CURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..for it to act; and identification of the primary target of 4-HPR action in cells and/or in vivo; 5) evaluation of our most potent analog (4-HPRCG or 4- HBRCG) with regard to tissue distribution and teratogenic potential ..
- ANALOG STUDIES OF 4-HPR AND ITS GLUCURONIDEROBERT CURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ANALOG STUDIES OF 4-HPR AND ITS GLUCURONIDEROBERT CURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ANALOG STUDIES OF RETINOID GLUCURONIDE ACTIVITYROBERT CURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Regulation of Lipid Metabolism in Human Sebaceous GlandsDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2006..Data generated from the proposed experiments will advance our understanding of the mechanisms regulating sebum production and can lead to identification of potential additional therapeutic target sites in the treatment of acne. ..
- Regulation of human sebaceous glands by 13-cis retinoic acidDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings of these studies not only have the potential to advance our understanding of retinoid action in acne, but can lead to advances in the understanding of these agents in cancer biology and in innate immunity as well. ..
- Regulation of human sebaceous glands by 13-cis retinoic acidDiane M Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings of these studies not only have the potential to advance our understanding of retinoid action in acne, but can lead to advances in the understanding of these agents in cancer biology and in innate immunity as well. ..
- CLINICAL TRANSLATIONAL RESEARCH IN DERMATOLOGYSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Quantitating Absorption of Complex Chemical MixturesJim Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- UV-induced collagen reduction: treating skin sclerodermaSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Quantitating Absorption of Complex Chemical MixturesJim Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Quantitating Absorption of Complex Chemical MixturesJim Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Regularity Mechanisms of Aldosterone SecretionWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2006..The complex interactions between AngII and serum K+ levels suggest that abnormalities in the glomerulosa cell response to either agonist, or both, may contribute to the development of some forms of hypertension. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPASE D AND KERATINOCYTE DIFFERENTIATIONWendy Bollag; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Postprandial Vitamin AWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Here, we will focus on the roles that RBP, CRBPI, CRBPIII and lipoprotein lipase have in facilitating postprandial vitamin A incorporation into milk. ..
- Effect of tumor and heparan sulfate on immune responsesRashid Rashid; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim #3 will determine if in vivo heparan sulfate treatment of LLC-bearing mice can increase the Th1 response. Results of our studies will lead to more effective immunotherapeutic approaches for cancer treatment. ..
- Retinoids, RAMBAs, and Histone Deacetylase InhibitorsVincent Njar; Fiscal Year: 2006..The following specific aims that are proposed should enable us obtain substantial data that may support our hypothesis. ..
- Carotene Cleavage Enzyme: Properties and PhysiologyWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim 4, we propose to use a cDNA clone for human CCE to characterize the biochemical properties of the recombinant enzyme. ..
- Vitamin A Storage and MetabolismWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, in Aim 3 we will investigate how vitamin A is mobilized from HSCs and whether this requires direct involvement of serum retinol-binding protein (RBP) synthesized in hepatocytes. ..
- Postoperative dietary counseling after bariatric surgeryDAVID SARWER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results of this study could have a significant impact on the postoperative care of these individuals. ..
- FASEB SUMMER RESEARCH CONFERENCE ON RETINOIDSWILLIAM BLANER; Fiscal Year: 2002..This overview should allow the evaluation of future directions and the development of new ideas as well critical review of the recent research. ..
- THE PHOTOBIOLOGY OF VITAMIN D3Michael Holick; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- Novel Optical System for Early Cervical Cancer DetectionRoger McNichols; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such a probe would be useful in detecting epithelial cancers in other easily accessible sites in the body including the urinary tract, bladder, gastro-intestinal tract, colon, and oral cavity. ..
- ORAL HEALTH OF OLDER TYPE 1 DIABETIC PATIENTSPaul Moore; Fiscal Year: 2003..This overall plan will permit us to understand the etiology of these complications and to define specific subpopulations and risk factors appropriate for future prospective oral health prevention and intervention trials. ..
- Peripheral Nicotinic Cholinergic and Inflammatory Dysfunction in AgingLorise C Gahring; Fiscal Year: 2010..Further, we will determine if changes in nAChR expression shape the progression of normal aging of the skin through altering the important balance between normal and excessive inflammation. ..
- Cholinergic Modulation of Inflammatory CNS CytokinesLORISE GAHRING; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Peripheral Nicotinic Cholinergic and Inflammatory Dysfunction in AgingLORISE GAHRING; Fiscal Year: 2009..Further, we will determine if changes in nAChR expression shape the progression of normal aging of the skin through altering the important balance between normal and excessive inflammation. ..
- Mechanisms of TNFa Enhancement of Nicotinic Receptor UpregulationLORISE GAHRING; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding how the inflammatory system and response to nicotine interact will impact upon how we approach these problems with therapeutic agents. ..
- Peripheral Nicotinic Cholinergic and Inflammatory Dysfunction in AgingLORISE GAHRING; Fiscal Year: 2009..Further, we will determine if changes in nAChR expression shape the progression of normal aging of the skin through altering the important balance between normal and excessive inflammation. ..
- Nicotine Modulation of Caspases in Non-Neuronal CellsLORISE GAHRING; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Cholinergic Modulation of Inflammatory CNS CytokinesLORISE GAHRING; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Neurocognitive Function in Childhood-Onset SLE (cSLE)Deborah Levy; Fiscal Year: 2007..In assessing this neurocognitive impairment, we will elucidate risk factors to target in future treatment and prevention trials. ..
- SunSmart America: Evaluating a School-based CurriculumRobert Kirsner; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results will be used for planning to implement the SunSmart America curriculum throughout Florida and nationwide. ..
- Mechanisms of TNFa Enhancement of Nicotinic Receptor UpregulationSCOTT WARREN ROGERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding how the inflammatory system and response to nicotine interact will impact upon how we approach these problems with therapeutic agents. ..
- Phase I Clinical Trials of New Anticancer AgentsPatricia LoRusso; Fiscal Year: 2007....