Genomes and Genes
second generation antidepressive agents
Summary: A structurally and mechanistically diverse group of drugs that are not tricyclics or monoamine oxidase inhibitors. The most clinically important appear to act selectively on serotonergic systems, especially by inhibiting serotonin reuptake.
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- [Safety of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressants in children and adolescents]Daniel Bailly
service hospitalo universitaire de psychiatrie, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille 13
Presse Med 35:1507-15. 2006..Their use should be reserved for severe disorders or when psychotherapy alone has been shown to be inadequate, and when they are used, efficacy and side effects must be monitored carefully and frequently...
- The effect of citalopram pretreatment on neuronal responses to neuropsychological tasks in normal volunteers: an FMRI studyCristina M Del-Ben
Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:1724-34. 2005..The technique of combining drug challenge with fMRI (pharmacoMRI) has promise for investigating human psychiatric disorders...
- Fluoxetine and norfluoxetine stereospecifically and selectively increase brain neurosteroid content at doses that are inactive on 5-HT reuptakeGraziano Pinna
Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1601 W Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 186:362-72. 2006..Therefore, the term "SSRI" may be misleading in defining the pharmacological profile of fluoxetine and its congeners. To this extent, the term "selective brain steroidogenic stimulants" (SBSSs) could be proposed...
- The antidepressant fluoxetine restores plasticity in the adult visual cortexJosé Fernando Maya Vetencourt
Scuola Normale Superiore, Piazza dei Cavalieri, I 56100 Pisa, Italy
Science 320:385-8. 2008..Our results suggest a potential clinical application for fluoxetine in amblyopia as well as new mechanisms for the therapeutic effects of antidepressants and for the pathophysiology of mood disorders...
- The selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor citalopram increases fear after acute treatment but reduces fear with chronic treatment: a comparison with tianeptineNesha S Burghardt
W M Keck Foundation Laboratory of Neurobiology, Center for Neural Science, New York University, New York, New York 10003, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:1171-8. 2004..In this study, we used fear conditioning to begin to understand how acute and chronic SSRI treatment might differentially affect well-characterized fear circuits...
- Does concurrent prescription of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs substantially increase the risk of upper gastrointestinal bleeding?L J Tata
Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Nottingham, City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 22:175-81. 2005..Recent guidance cautions against concurrent prescription, particularly in older people...
- CYP2D6 genotype, antidepressant use, and tamoxifen metabolism during adjuvant breast cancer treatmentYan Jin
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:30-9. 2005....
- Incidence and duration of antidepressant-induced nausea: duloxetine compared with paroxetine and fluoxetineJohn Greist
Healthcare Technology Systems, Madison, Wisconsin 53717, USA
Clin Ther 26:1446-55. 2004..This analysis assessed the incidence, severity, onset, and duration of nausea among patients with major depressive disorder (MDD) treated with the new antidepressant duloxetine...
- Altered brain activation pattern associated with drug-induced attenuation of enhanced depression-like behavior in rats bred for high anxietyPatrik Muigg
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Biol Psychiatry 61:782-96. 2007..The aim of the present study was to identify neuronal substrates underlying this treatment response in HABs...
- Bupropion enhances brain reward function and reverses the affective and somatic aspects of nicotine withdrawal in the ratJohn F Cryan
Department of Neuropharmacology, CVN 7, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 168:347-58. 2003..Bupropion is an atypical antidepressant and the only non-nicotine-based therapy approved for smoking cessation. Its use has raised much debate as to how a non-nicotine-based agent can aid in smoking cessation...
- Risk of suicide during treatment with venlafaxine, citalopram, fluoxetine, and dothiepin: retrospective cohort studyAnnalisa Rubino
RTI Health Solutions, Manchester Science Park, Manchester M15 6SE
BMJ 334:242. 2007..To compare the risk of suicide in adults using the antidepressant venlafaxine compared with citalopram, fluoxetine, and dothiepin...
- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation does not potentiate antidepressant treatmentE Poulet
EA 3092, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 69677 Bron Cedex, France
Eur Psychiatry 19:382-3. 2004..Both groups had the same delay in scale's scores improvement. rTMS seems not to be efficient as an add-on treatment to pharmacological medication in non-resistant major depression...
- Citalopram modulation of neuronal responses to aversive face emotions: a functional MRI studyIan M Anderson
Neuroscience and Psychiatry Unit, The University of Manchester, Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, UK
Neuroreport 18:1351-5. 2007..No citalopram modulation of BOLD responses to angry faces were found. These results suggest that serotonin modulates low-level amygdala activation to aversive stimuli...
- Efficacy of cognitive behavioral therapy and fluoxetine for the treatment of binge eating disorder: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled comparisonCarlos M Grilo
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:301-9. 2005..We conducted a randomized, placebo-controlled study to test the efficacy of CBT and fluoxetine alone and in combination for BED...
- Chronic antidepressant treatment induces contrasting patterns of synaptophysin and PSA-NCAM expression in different regions of the adult rat telencephalonE Varea
Neurobiology Unit and Program in Basic and Applied Neurosciences, Cell Biology Department, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 17:546-57. 2007..The expression of these molecules is also affected in the entorhinal, the visual and the somatosensory cortices...
- Modeling of the temporal patterns of fluoxetine prescriptions and suicide rates in the United StatesMichael S Milane
Center for Pharmacogenomics and Clinical Pharmacology, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
PLoS Med 3:e190. 2006....
- Combined treatment with haloperidol and trazodone in patients with tic disordersL Saccomani
Child Neuropsychiatry, DSNV, G Gaslini Institute, University of Genova, Italy
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 10:307-10. 2000..001) between the baseline and endpoint treatment conditions. This approach significantly reduces clinical symptoms, with the advantage of a lower dose of haloperidol than usual, with no side effects reported by the patients...
- Effects of paroxetine and venlafaxine XR on heart rate variability in depressionJonathan Davidson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:480-4. 2005..Further comparisons of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor and serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor drugs on HRV are warranted...
- Efficacy and safety of second-generation antidepressants in the treatment of major depressive disorderRichard A Hansen
Division of Pharmaceutical Policy and Evaluative Sciences, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Ann Intern Med 143:415-26. 2005....
- Quality of life and metabolic status in mildly depressed women with type 2 diabetes treated with paroxetine: a single-blind randomised placebo controlled trialMaria Paile-Hyvärinen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Helsinki, Lapinlahti Hospital, P O Box 320, FIN 00029 HUCH, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Fam Pract 4:7. 2003..The aim of this trial was to evaluate the effect of the antidepressant paroxetine on metabolic control, quality of life and mental well-being in mildly depressed women with type 2 diabetes...
- Duloxetine in the acute and long-term treatment of major depressive disorder: a placebo- and paroxetine-controlled trialMichael J Detke
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:457-70. 2004..This placebo-controlled study assesses the safety and efficacy of duloxetine (80 or 120 mg/day) and paroxetine (20 mg QD) during an initial 8-week acute phase and subsequent 6-month continuation phase treatment of MDD...
- Fluoxetine vs placebo for depressive symptoms after stroke: failed randomised controlled trialM Ruddell
Faculty of Medicine and Health, University of Leeds
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:963-5. 2007..In stroke care, the evidence of effectiveness from systematic reviews is surprisingly weak. We therefore decided to undertake a randomised controlled trial comparing fluoxetine to placebo...
- Up-regulation of tryptophan hydroxylase-2 mRNA in the rat brain by chronic fluoxetine treatment correlates with its antidepressant effectG T Shishkina
Functional Neurogenomics Laboratory, Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Russian Academy of Science, Novosibirsk 630090, Russia
Neuroscience 150:404-12. 2007..The results of the present study suggest that TPH2 gene expression in the midbrain part of the DRN is implicated in depression and stress response, as well as in the antidepressant fluoxetine action...
- Frequency of provider contact after FDA advisory on risk of pediatric suicidality with SSRIsElaine H Morrato
University of Colorado, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:42-50. 2008..In this study, the authors compared trends in the frequency of provider contacts for patients with depression before and after the advisory was issued...
- Bupropion extended release compared with escitalopram: effects on sexual functioning and antidepressant efficacy in 2 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studiesAnita H Clayton
Department of Psychiatric Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:736-46. 2006..To compare the effects on sexual functioning and the antidepressant efficacy of once-daily bupropion extended release (XL) and escitalopram in adults with major depressive disorder (MDD)...
- Escitalopram continuation treatment prevents relapse of depressive episodesMark Hyman Rapaport
Department of Psychiatry, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:44-9. 2004..Current guidelines for antidepressant use recommend 4 to 6 months of continuation treatment to prevent relapse of depression following symptom resolution. This study evaluates the efficacy and safety of continuation escitalopram treatment...
- Sociological influences on antidepressant prescribingBetsy Sleath
School of Pharmacy and Cecil G Sheps Center for Health Services Research, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Beard Hall CB 7360, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7360, USA
Soc Sci Med 56:1335-44. 2003..Health care providers need to take the time to help patients without insurance obtain antidepressant medication if it is needed...
- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) in combination with escitalopram in patients with treatment-resistant major depression: a double-blind, randomised, sham-controlled trialL G Bretlau
Psychiatric Research Unit, Frederiksborg General Hospital, Hillerød, Denmark
Pharmacopsychiatry 41:41-7. 2008..However, because a recent meta-analysis showed only a small effect size of rTMS over sham TMS in the acute treatment phase of depressed patients, we decided to make an interim analysis...
- Venlafaxine in management of hot flashes in survivors of breast cancer: a randomised controlled trialC L Loprinzi
Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Lancet 356:2059-63. 2000..We undertook a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomised trial to assess the efficacy of venlafaxine in women with a history of breast cancer or reluctance to take hormonal treatment because of fear of breast cancer...
- Differential effects of fluvoxamine and other antidepressants on the biotransformation of melatoninS Hartter
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mainz, Germany
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:167-74. 2001..Because this inhibitory action is also found in vivo, fluvoxamine might be used as an enhancer of melatonin, which might offer new therapeutic possibilities of fluvoxamine...
- Chronic fluoxetine treatment attenuates stressor-induced changes in temperature, heart rate, and neuronal activation in the olfactory bulbectomized ratMichelle Roche
Department of Pharmacology, National University of Ireland, Galway, Galway, Ireland
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:1312-20. 2007..These results identify stress-sensitive regions within the brain which are altered following bulbectomy and which may underlie the abnormal behavioral and physiological changes observed in this rodent model of depression...
- Comparative toxicity of citalopram and the newer antidepressants after overdoseC A Kelly
Scottish Poisons Information Bureau, Royal Infirmary, Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 42:67-71. 2004..To compare the toxicity of citalopram, venlafaxine, mirtazapine, and nefazadone after overdose...
- A placebo-controlled comparison of the effects on sexual functioning of bupropion sustained release and fluoxetineC C Coleman
Mississippi Neuropsychiatric Clinic, Paragon Center, Ridgeland 39157, USA
Clin Ther 23:1040-58. 2001..Fluoxetine, however, was more frequently associated with sexual dysfunction compared with bupropion SR. Bupropion SR may be an appropriate initial choice for the treatment of depression in patients concerned about sexual functioning...
- Genotype-dependent activity of tryptophan hydroxylase-2 determines the response to citalopram in a mouse model of depressionLuigi Cervo
Department of Neuroscience, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, 20157 Milan, Italy
J Neurosci 25:8165-72. 2005..Interstrain comparisons could probably be a useful strategy for understanding the mechanisms underlying the response to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors...
- Lack of attenuation in the antitumor effect of tamoxifen by chronic CYP isoform inhibitionDavid Lehmann
SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 44:861-5. 2004....
- Proteomic analysis of rat cortical neurons after fluoxetine treatmentDaniela Cecconi
Department of Agricultural and Industrial Biotechnologies, University of Verona, Italy
Brain Res 1135:41-51. 2007....
- Therapeutic options for sleep-maintenance and sleep-onset insomniaAnna K Morin
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Worcester, Massachusetts 01608 1715, USA
Pharmacotherapy 27:89-110. 2007..All pharmacotherapy should be used with appropriate caution, at minimum effective doses, and for minimum duration of time...
- Prevalence of risk factors for suicide in patients prescribed venlafaxine, fluoxetine, and citalopramDaniel Mines
Global Safety Surveillance and Epidemiology, Wyeth Research, Collegeville, PA 19426 3930, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 14:367-72. 2005..It is not clear whether patient factors could account for this finding. We evaluated whether risk factors for suicide are more prevalent among patients prescribed venlafaxine than patients prescribed fluoxetine or citalopram...
- Remission from depression : a review of venlafaxine clinical and economic evidenceDonald Han
Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Pharmacoeconomics 23:567-81. 2005..The availability of an effective armamentarium of antidepressant strategies, including venlafaxine, to achieve and sustain remission offers both clinical and economic value to all those touched by the burden of depression...
- Biphasic change in BDNF gene expression following antidepressant drug treatment explained by differential transcript regulationA A Khundakar
Leicester School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, LE1 9BH, UK
Brain Res 1106:12-20. 2006..In summary, this study shows clear evidence of differential BDNF transcript regulation following acute and chronic antidepressant drug treatment...
- Diphenhydramine alters the disposition of venlafaxine through inhibition of CYP2D6 activity in humansE Lessard
Quebec Heart Institute, Laval Hospital, Canada
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:175-84. 2001..Clinically significant interactions could be encountered during the concomitant administration of diphenhydramine and other antidepressant or antipsychotic drugs that are substrates of CYP2D6...
- Escitalopram (10-20 mg/day) is effective and well tolerated in a placebo-controlled study in depression in primary careUlla M Lepola
Kuopion Psykiatripalvelu OY Psychiatric Research, Clinic of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 18:211-7. 2003..This study demonstrates the consistent antidepressant efficacy and excellent tolerability of escitalopram 10-20 mg/day in primary care patients with major depressive disorder...
- Managing depressive and anxiety disorders with escitalopramMichael E Thase
University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2593, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 7:429-40. 2006..Pharmacoeconomic models suggest that the greater drug acquisition cost of this patent-protected compound may be offset by greater efficacy (relative to generic citalopram) and tolerability (compared with extended release venlafaxine)...
- Fluvoxamine but not citalopram increases serum melatonin in healthy subjects-- an indication that cytochrome P450 CYP1A2 and CYP2C19 hydroxylate melatoninC von Bahr
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine, Stockholm Soder Hospital, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 56:123-7. 2000..If FLU, but not CIT, inhibits liver enzymes involved in the metabolism of MT, different serum MT concentrations should probably ensue. The objective of this investigation was to test this hypothesis...
- Which antidepressants have demonstrated superior efficacy? A review of the evidenceStuart A Montgomery
Imperial College School of Medicine, University of London, UK
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 22:323-9. 2007..This review of published data found evidence that only a very few antidepressants are shown to be more effective than others...
- Serum concentrations of nerve growth factor and brain-derived neurotrophic factor in depressed patients before and after antidepressant treatmentR Hellweg
Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 41:66-71. 2008..Recent research suggests that serum BDNF concentration is reduced in depression and that successful antidepressant treatment leads to an increase in serum BDNF concentration...
- Cost effectiveness of fluvoxamine in the treatment of recurrent depression in FranceM Nuijten
Lewin Group, Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
Pharmacoeconomics 14:433-45. 1998..The objective of this study was to examine the cost effectiveness of fluvoxamine compared with tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) in the treatment of patients with depressive episodes...
- Mirtazapine versus venlafaxine in hospitalized severely depressed patients with melancholic featuresJ D Guelfi
HÄµpital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, France
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:425-31. 2001..In this study, treatment with mirtazapine resulted in a trend toward more responders and remitters than treatment with venlafaxine and in significantly fewer dropouts as a result of adverse events...
- Venlafaxine in treatment-resistant major depression: a Canadian multicenter, open-label trialC de Montigny
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Psychopharmacol 19:401-6. 1999..In conclusion, these results suggest that venlafaxine is effective and well tolerated for the management of patients with treatment-resistant major depression...
- Effect of venlafaxine versus fluoxetine on metabolism of dextromethorphan, a CYP2D6 probeJ Amchin
Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, 240 North Radnor-Chester Road, St. Davids, PA 19087, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 41:443-51. 2001..This suggests that clinically significant interactions involving CYP2D6 inhibition could occur between fluoxetine and drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 but may be less likely to occur with venlafaxine...
- Duloxetine Eli Lilly & CoN Pitsikas
Boehringer Ingelheim, Via Lorenzini 8, Milan 20139, Italy
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 1:116-21. 2000..In August 1999, this prediction changed, and the expected launch date became 2001, with an 80% probability of reaching the market and sales peaking at US $150 million in 2012 ...
- Venlafaxine treatment of binge-eating disorder associated with obesity: a series of 35 patientsShishuka Malhotra
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Ohio 45267 0559, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:802-6. 2002....
- Are the newer antidepressant drugs as effective as established physical treatments? Results from an Australasian clinical panel reviewG Parker
School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Randwick, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 33:874-81. 1999....
- Suicide rates and antidepressant prescribing: a casual or causal relationship?Bernhard Baune
Discipline of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, James Cook University, Queensland, Australia
PLoS Med 3:e220. 2006
- Bupropion hydrochloride produces conditioned hyperactivity in ratsJamie L Wilkinson
University of Nebraska Lincoln, Department of Psychology, United States
Physiol Behav 90:790-6. 2007..However, a predictive relation between reactivity to forced novelty and the subsequent locomotor effect of bupropion may not be one of these similarities...
- The selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors controversy in the treatment of depression in childrenElizabeth B Weller
Curr Psychiatry Rep 7:87-90. 2005..Therefore, a reduction in the use of SSRIs in children and adolescents should be considered carefully...
- Hypertensive crisis associated with venlafaxineRahul N Khurana
Am J Med 115:676-7. 2003
- Cardiovascular effects of fluvoxamine and maprotiline in depressed patientsW Hewer
Neurobiology Unit, Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 246:1-6. 1995..Although these effects were not clinically relevant in our sample of patients without overt heart disease, they should be taken into account when treating depressed patients with concomitant cardiac disease...
- Citalopram versus fluoxetine for the treatment of patients with bulimia nervosa: a single-blind randomized controlled trialPaolo Leombruni
Department of Neurosciences, Section of Psychiatry University of Turin, S Giovanni Battista Hospital, Turin, Italy
Adv Ther 23:481-94. 2006..Both treatments showed some effect on outcome measures, but efficacy profiles did not overlap. Citalopram may be useful in depressed patients with bulimia, whereas fluoxetine is more specific for those with introjected anger and bulimia...
- Escitalopram versus venlafaxine XR in the treatment of depressionStuart A Montgomery
Imperial College School of Medicine, University of London, London, UK
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 21:297-309. 2006..2% in the venlafaxine XR group. The mean number of discontinuation emergent signs and symptoms in the venlafaxine XR group (mean: 5.0) was significantly (P<0.001) higher than for the escitalopram group (mean: 2.4)...
- The treatment of major depressive disorders (MDD) in Thailand using escitalopram compared to fluoxetine and venlafaxine: a pharmacoeconomic evaluationRonnachai Kongsakon
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 91:1117-28. 2008..Escitalopram earned a savings of Baht 2,002 and Baht 1,768 compared to fluoxetine and venlafaxine respectively over a six-month period...
- Sexual function during bupropion or paroxetine treatment of major depressive disorderSidney H Kennedy
University of Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 51:234-42. 2006....
- Maintenance treatment of depression in old ageJonathan L Edwards
N Engl J Med 354:2505-6; author reply 2505-6. 2006
- Benefits and harms of pediatric antidepressant medicationsJonathan L Edwards
JAMA 298:626-7; author reply 627. 2007
- The role of IL-12 and TGF-beta1 in the pathophysiology of major depressive disorderKyung Min Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Korea University College of Medicine, Ansan Hospital, Go Jan Dong, Ansan City, Kyunggi Province, Seoul 425 070, South Korea
Int Immunopharmacol 6:1298-304. 2006..These findings suggest that major depression is accompanied by immune activation during the acute depressed state, and antidepressant treatments have anti-inflammatory effects...
- Venlafaxine extended release versus citalopram in patients with depression unresponsive to a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitorAlan J Lenox-Smith
Wyeth UK, Huntercombe Lane South, Slough, UK
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 23:113-9. 2008..Patients who remain severely depressed following treatment with an SSRI may gain more benefit from the dual-action drug venlafaxine, rather than switching to another SSRI...
- Bupropion in the treatment of outpatients with asthma and major depressive disorderE Sherwood Brown
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75390 8849, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 37:23-8. 2007..The objective of this pilot study was to investigate the use of bupropion for depression and anxiety in depressed asthma patients...
- Clinical practice guidelines for depression in young peopleJon N Jureidini
Med J Aust 178:300; author reply 300-2. 2003
- Antidepressant use and off-label prescribing in children and adolescents in Dutch general practice (2001-2005)Anita C Volkers
NIVEL, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:1054-62. 2007..To study the use of antidepressants in children and adolescents in Dutch general practice in 2001 and 2005 and to determine off-label prescribing...
- Effects of citalopram and fluoxetine on the corticocerebral blood flow in conscious rabbitsK Sas
Department of Neurology, University of Szeged, P O Box 427, H 6701 Szeged, Semmelweis u 6, H 6725 Szeged, Hungary
Acta Physiol Hung 94:167-77. 2007..Besides enhancement of the serotonergic transmission in the brain, the cCBF-increasing effect of citalopram under ischemic conditions may be of benefit in post-stroke and vascular depression...
- An open-label trial of aripiprazole augmentation for treatment-resistant generalized anxiety disorderMatthew A Menza
J Clin Psychopharmacol 27:207-10. 2007
- A randomized, single-blind, comparison of venlafaxine with paroxetine in elderly patients suffering from resistant depressionDoron Mazeh
Abarbanel Mental Health Center, Bat Yam, Israel
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 22:371-5. 2007..Elderly depressed patients resistant to previous treatments had responded to a trial of paroxetine or venlafaxine. Remission rates were higher for venlafaxine and tolerability was acceptable for both compounds...
- [Use of antidepressants among children and adolescents--did the warnings lead to fewer prescriptions?]Jørgen G Bramness
Avdeling for legemiddelepidemiologi, Divisjon for epidemiologi, Nasjonalt folkehelseinstitutt, Postboks 4404 Nydalen, 0403 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 127:2653-5. 2007..The newly established Norwegian Prescription Database was used to investigate whether these warnings have had an effect...
- Effect of fluoxetine on circadian rhythm of melatonin in patients with major depressive disorderZhong Lin Tan
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale and Department of Neurobiology, School of Life Science, University of Science and Technology of China, China
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 28:28-32. 2007..The purpose of this study is to explore the response of melatonin circadian rhythm to fluoxetine treatment and its relationship with clinical therapeutic effect...
- [A clinical challenge. Pragmatic treatment of migraine and concomitant depression]T P Jürgens
Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Universitat Regensburg, Universitatsstrasse 84, 93053, Regensburg, Germany
Schmerz 22:11-6. 2008..Additionally, hazardous interactions and preferable drug combinations are listed...
- Bupropion: a review of its use in the management of major depressive disorderSohita Dhillon
Wolters Kluwer Health, Adis, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 68:653-89. 2008..Available clinical data suggest that bupropion is an effective and generally well tolerated option in the treatment of MDD, with the newer formulations having the advantage of reduced frequency of daily administration...
- Increased sensitivity to antidepressants of D3 dopamine receptor-deficient mice in the forced swim test (FST)Gian Marco Leggio
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Catania Medical School, 95125 Catania, Italy
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 18:271-7. 2008....
- Serotonin syndrome: a complex but easily avoidable conditionYael Dvir
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:284-7. 2008..The following case highlights the complex nature in which serotonin syndrome can arise, as well as the proper recognition and treatment of a potentially life-threatening yet easily avoidable condition...
- Mouse strain differences in the unpredictable chronic mild stress: a four-antidepressant surveyIpek Yalcin
Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours, France
Behav Brain Res 193:140-3. 2008..In conclusion, these results emphasize that BALB/c mice are more sensitive than Swiss mice for studying the effects of the UCMS model as well as for testing antidepressant-like properties...
- [A place for SSRIs in the treatment of severely depressed children and adolescents]T H Roobol
Karakter, Universitair Centrum voor Kinder en Jeugdpsychiatrie, Reinier Postlaan 12, 6525 GC Nijmegen
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 152:1710-2. 2008..Children with severe depression or a depression not responding to psychological therapy can be treated with SSRIs. Fluoxetine is the treatment of first choice...
- [New developments in hypericum extracts: data on efficacy and interactions]Karin Kraft
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin, Lehrstuhl für Naturheilkunde, Rostock, Germany
Wien Med Wochenschr 157:284-7. 2007..The main compound responsible for interactions is presumably hyperforin, but further ingredients could contribute according to the specific composition of the particular extract...
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled study of venlafaxine and fluoxetine in geriatric outpatients with major depressionAlan Schatzberg
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94605 5548, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:361-70. 2006..This masked, placebo-controlled trial assessed the efficacy and safety of venlafaxine and fluoxetine in depressed patients older than 65 years...
- Combining bupropion SR with venlafaxine, paroxetine, or fluoxetine: a preliminary report on pharmacokinetic, therapeutic, and sexual dysfunction effectsSidney H Kennedy
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and the Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 63:181-6. 2002....
- Antidepressant medications in childrenBenedetto Vitiello
National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1489-91. 2004
- Combining norepinephrine and serotonin reuptake inhibition mechanisms for treatment of depression: a double-blind, randomized studyJ Craig Nelson
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, 401 Parnassus Avenue, Box 0984 5, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:296-300. 2004..The current study was undertaken as a proof of the concept that combining norepinephrine and serotonin reuptake inhibition would be more effective and act more rapidly than either drug alone...
- The validity of the depression rating scales in discriminating between citalopram and placebo in depression recurrence in the maintenance therapy of elderly unipolar patients with major depressionJ Bent-Hansen
Psychiatric Research Clinic, Frederiksberg Hospital
Pharmacopsychiatry 36:313-6. 2003..In future trials on the recurrence prevention of unipolar depression, a cutoff score of 25 rather than 22 on the MADRS is recommended...
- Antidepressant monotherapy for bipolar type II major depressionJay D Amsterdam
Department of Psychiatry, Depression Research Unit, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Bipolar Disord 5:388-95. 2003..Recent studies have provided evidence that antidepressant monotherapy may be an effective initial and long-term treatment for BP II major depression with a low manic-switch rate...
- [Obsessive-compulsive disorders in general practice. How the obsessive-compulsive neurotic is revealed by skin and hair]A Kordon
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck
MMW Fortschr Med 145:4-7. 2003..This reduces distress, disability and burden of illness. Pharmacological treatment with serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SRI) and cognitive-behavioral therapy have both been proven to be effective and are evidence based...
- Effects of acute treatment with paroxetine, citalopram and venlafaxine in vivo on noradrenaline and serotonin outflow: a microdialysis study in Swiss miceD J P David
EA 3544, Lab Neuropharmacologie, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Paris Sud, Châtenay Malabry 92296, France
Br J Pharmacol 140:1128-36. 2003..Surprisingly, the SNRI venlafaxine increased cortical [5-HT]ext to a greater extent rather than [NA]ext in the range of doses studied in mice...
- [Serotonin reuptake inhibitors in depression of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias]Florence Lebert
Centre Médical des Monts de Flandres, Centre de la Mémoire, CHRU Lille, Bailleul
Presse Med 32:1181-6. 2003....
- Switching to bupropion in fluoxetine-resistant major depressive disorderMaurizio Fava
The Depression Clinical and Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 15:17-22. 2003..Bupropion SR should be considered as a potential treatment for patients who remain depressed despite treatment with SSRIs..
- Sertraline versus fluoxetine in the treatment of major depression: a combined analysis of five double-blind comparator studiesAlan D Feiger
Feiger Health Research Center, Wheat Ridge, Colorado 80033, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 18:203-10. 2003..16) in the anxious-depression subgroup. Overall, sertraline and fluoxetine showed comparable antidepressant efficacy, although sertraline may offer an advantage in those patients with severe depression...
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor usage patterns as risk factors for hospitalizationReinée E Sheffield
PCS Health Systems, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 30:121-39. 2002..However, initiation on paroxetine or sertraline rather than fluoxetine may increase the risk of hospitalization among patients not exhibiting a stable usage pattern...
- Comparative efficacy between venlafaxine and SSRIs: a pooled analysis of patients with depressionStephen M Stahl
The Neuroscience Education Institute, Carlsbad, California 92009, USA
Biol Psychiatry 52:1166-74. 2002..The dual serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) venlafaxine is a dual reuptake inhibitor that may therefore offer greater efficacy than selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)...
- Enantiomers' potential in psychopharmacology--a critical analysis with special emphasis on the antidepressant escitalopramPierre Baumann
Departement universitaire de psychiatrie adulte, Unite de Biochimie et Psychopharmacologie Clinique, Hôpitalde Cery, CH 1008, Prilly Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 12:433-44. 2002....
- Discontinuation symptoms: comparison of brief interruption in fluoxetine and paroxetine treatmentR Judge
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Centre, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 17:217-25. 2002..Patients treated with fluoxetine appeared to be protected by its longer half-life...
- Influence of monoamine oxidase A and serotonin receptor 2A polymorphisms in SSRI antidepressant activityCristina Cusin
Department of Psychiatry, Vita Salute University, Raffaele del Monte Tabor, Milan, Italy
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 5:27-35. 2002..The investigated MAOA and 5-HT-2A gene variants, therefore, do not seem to play a major role in SSRI antidepressant activity...
- Discontinuation syndrome in dysthymic patients treated with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: a clinical investigationFilippo Bogetto
Unit of Psychiatry, Department of Neuroscience, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
CNS Drugs 16:273-83. 2002....
- Substitution of an SSRI with bupropion sustained release following SSRI-induced sexual dysfunctionA H Clayton
Department of Psychiatric Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22903, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 62:185-90. 2001..Results show that sexual functioning improves after the addition of bupropion SR to SSRI treatment and continues to improve, after discontinuation of the SSRI, with bupropion SR treatment alone...
- Switching patients from daily citalopram, paroxetine, or sertraline to once-weekly fluoxetine in the maintenance of response for depressionCherri M Miner
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Ind 46285, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:232-40. 2002....
- Continuation cognitive-behavioural therapy maintains attributional style improvement in depressed patients responding acutely to fluoxetineT Petersen
Depression Clinical and Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Psychol Med 34:555-61. 2004..The goal of this study was to examine whether CBT would help maintain attributional style changes experienced by patients during acute phase fluoxetine treatment...
- Chamomile therapy for generalized anxiety disorderJay Amsterdam; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- S-Adenosyl Methionine(SAMe)Augmentation of SSRIs in MDDGeorge Papakostas; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is hoped that this project award will provide the critical fund of basic knowledge and practical experience necessary to aid the candidate in becoming an independent investigator in this area. ..
- SPECT Brain Imaging as a Biomarker of Major DepressionJay Amsterdam; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will compare these results to measurements of striatal DAT levels in 22 non-depressed, healthy subjects studied under similar conditions with [99mTc]TRODAT-1 SPECT on two separate occasions 8 weeks apart. ..
- Black cohosh therapy for menopause-related anxietyJay Amsterdam; Fiscal Year: 2006..We hypothesize that Black Cohosh will result in superior QOL measures compared to placebo. ..
- Development of an Inventory of Depressive SymptomatologyAUGUSTUS RUSH; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., anxiety, irritability) (IDS-C and SR) that are in the public domain for use with patients across the age spans seen in practice and in research. ..
- Controlled Study of SAMe vs.Escitalopram in Major Depressive DisorderMaurizio Fava; Fiscal Year: 2008..Secondary aims are to assess the acute effects of SAMe or escitalopram vs. placebo on remission rates, quality of life, and psychosocial functioning. ..
- CANCER CHEMOPREVENTION--ROLE OF INFECTION/IMMUNITYCharles Loprinzi; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- BUPROPION AS AN ADJUNCT TO THE NICOTINE PATCH PLUS CBTMaurizio Fava; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Emory Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental DisordersBecky Kinkead; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- INTERVENTION CLINICAL TRIAL FOR GERIATRIC DEPRESSIONHelen Lavretsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..With the additional skills and experience acquired during the Award period, Dr. Lavretsky will be well prepared to undertake independent investigations. ..
- REVAMP Follow-Up StudyMartin Keller; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- REVAMP Follow-UpMadhukar Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Treatment with Exercise Augmentation for DepressionMadhukar Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Naltrexone for Bipolar Disorder and Alcohol DependenceE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..Alcohol use is the primary outcome, and alcohol craving is the secondary outcome. Manic and depressive symptom severity and the relationship between changes in alcohol use and changes in mood will be expIored. ..
- Psychobiologic Factors of the Placebo Response in MDDAndrew Leuchter; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this project will lead to better understanding of the mechanisms of the placebo response in MDD. ..
- COLLABORATIVE DEPRESSION STUDYMartin Keller; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Computerized Decision Support System for DepressionMadhukar Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2007..Comparisons will be made between CDSS-D, PPA-D, and UC-D. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pramipexole in Treatment-Resistant DepressionRoy Perlis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed investigation and training program will provide critical skills, experience and data to aid the candidate in writing an R01 and becoming an independent investigator. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionAndrew Nierenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- HIPPOCAMPAL FUNCTION DURING CORTICOSTEROID THERAPYE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..Through this award, the Pl will extend his previous research experience by adding new skills and knowledge which will be used for investigations at the interface of neuroscience and clinical research. ..
- Comparative Effectiveness Study for Bipolar DisorderAndrew A Nierenberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..The two treatments will be the second generation antipsychotic mood stabilizer quetiapine and the classic mood stabilizer lithium. In addition to quetiapine or lithium, participants can be treated with other medications as needed. ..
- Prevention of Depression in Patients Being Treated for Head and Neck CancerWilliam J Burke; Fiscal Year: 2010..If successful, this approach may be applicable to other medical illnesses that have high rates of comorbid depression. ..
- Treating Asthma Patients with Major Depressive DisorderE Sherwood Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ENHANCING TREATMENT OUTCOMES IN DEPRESSIONAndrew Leuchter; Fiscal Year: 2004..These effectiveness projects will include introduction of predictors into the usual treatment setting, and examination of cost-effectiveness and long-term treatment outcomes. ..
- TREATMENT OF SSRI-RESISTANT DEPRESSION IN ADOLESCENTSMartin Keller; Fiscal Year: 2006..This site is based in Pittsburgh, which also serves as the Data Coordinating Center for the study [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROPHYLACTIC COGNITIVE THERAPY FOR DEPRESSIONMichael E Thase; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Pharmacogenetics, Emotional Reactivity & SmokingPaul Cinciripini; Fiscal Year: 2009..Ultimately this knowledge may be applied to the development of more effective smoking cessation treatments, especially in the area of pharmacogenetics. ..
- Fluoxetine for MDD/Cannabis Disorder in Young PeopleJack Cornelius; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Juvenile Bipolar Disorder and Substance AbuseTimothy E Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since BPD is identifiable and treatable, findings from the four-year follow-up will provide valuable information to formulate prevention and early intervention strategies. ..
- Substance Abuse in ADHD GirlsTimothy Wilens; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the research, approach, and goals of this R01 application are consistent with those underscored in the PA and by the Institute of Medicine as being of the highest research priority. ..
- Improving Outcomes in Pharmacotherapy of Social PhobiaMurray Stein; Fiscal Year: 2009..It thus directly addresses a critical public health issue that adversely affects a substantial proportion of the population. ..
- Improving Outcomes in Pharmacotherapy of Social PhobiaMichael Van Ameringen; Fiscal Year: 2009..It thus directly addresses a critical public health issue that adversely affects a substantial proportion of the population. ..
- Pharmacological fMRI to Identify New Anxiolytics: A Human BioassayMurray Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..Enhancing the development of new treatments for anxiety is a public health priority. The projects proposed in this application have the potential to achieve this important aim. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- D-Cycloserine Enhancement of Exposure in Social PhobiaMark H Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study addresses an important public health issue by assessing an intervention that may lead to a more efficient and effective application of empirically based psychosocial interventions for the treatment of SAD. ..
- HPA AXIS/DOPAMINE INTERACTIONS IN PSYCHOTIC DEPRESSIONAlan Schatzberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..Of particular importance is that the treatment may be effective even when given intermittently. ..
- REVAMP Follow-Up StudyJAMES KOCSIS; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- REVAMP-Follow-Up StudyAlan Schatzberg; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- A Family-Genetic Study of Pathological GamblingDonald Black; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Evaluating Nicotine Lozenges for Treatment of Smokeless Tobacco AddictionJon Ebbert; Fiscal Year: 2009..No drug therapies have been shown to be effective for helping smokeless tobacco users quit for good. The purpose of this study is to test drugs that can be used to help smokeless tobacco users quit for good. ..
- Medication Development for Marijuana RelapseMargaret Haney; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- TeleCare Management of Pain and Depression in CancerKurt Kroenke; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, if proven effective for depression and pain, TCM could readily be expanded to reducing barriers and improving care of other cancer-related symptoms. ..
- Pharmacogenetic Investigation of NaltrexoneCaryn Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term objective of this research is to discover and develop new pharmacogenetic treatment models that can be readily translated to the clinical setting to individualize pharmacotherapy and maximize effectiveness. ..
- Bupropion VS Placebo to Treat Pathological GamblingDonald Black; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BIOBEHAVIORAL LUNG CANCER PREVENTION PROGRAMCaryn Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term objective is to provide information necessary to match smoking cessation treatments to individuals, based on their genetic predispositions. ..
- Impact of Trauma of Terroist Attack on Bipolar PatientsMark Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CLINICAL INVESTIGATOR TRAINING ENHANCEMENT: CITE PROGRAMKurt Kroenke; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- A Cognitive Group Treatment for Borderline OutpatientsDonald Black; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Preventing Psychiatric Sequelae of Traumatic InjuryMurray Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..Findings will provide justification for and information about optimal parameters (e.g., subject selection; sample size; dose and duration) for a future randomized controlled trial (RCT). ..
- Pharmacological Intervention ProjectJack Cornelius; Fiscal Year: 2005..We hypothesize that fluoxetine plus TAU will demonstrate efficacy for decreasing both the drinking and the depressive symptoms of this population...
- Brief Dental Office Intervention with Tobacco QuitlineJon Ebbert; Fiscal Year: 2005..S. adult population smoking; and 3) 75% of smokers quitting for at least one day or longer because they are trying to quit. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of MethadoneC Devane; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will form the basis for subsequent studies which should provide a more rational basis for dosing of methadone in pregnant addicts. ..
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids in the Treatment of DepressionDavid Mischoulon; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is hoped that this project will provide the critical fund of basic knowledge and practical experience necessary to aid the candidate in becoming an independent investigator. ..
- BEHAVIORAL GENETICS--MODELS/MECHANISMS OF SCHIZOPHRENIAClinton Kilts; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Probing Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder with LightBarbara Parry; Fiscal Year: 2007..These investigations will provide further insight into the pathophysiology of PMDD and other depressive disorders in women, and serve as a basis for refining light treatment interventions in the future. ..
- ANTIDEPRESSANT TREATMENT OF MELANCHOLIA IN LATE LIFESteven Roose; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, The applicants expect HRQOL to show continued improvement during the continuation phase in euthymic patients and an advantage for the SSRI in HRQOL improvement due to a superior side effect profile. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SCHIZOPHRENIADonald Black; Fiscal Year: 2006..The goal of the study is to identify one or more SZ susceptibility genes whose subsequent characterization inmolecular and functional studies will elucidate the pathophysiology and treatment of SZ. ..
- SCHEDULED SMOKING WITH TRANSDERMAL NICOTINEPaul Cinciripini; Fiscal Year: 2001..We hypothesize that smokers receiving the combined treatment (SSNP) will be abstinent more often, and show greater changes in coping and other behaviors, than smokers in either the SS or NP groups. ..
- Biological Rhythms in Postpartum DepressionBarbara Parry; Fiscal Year: 2009..This study would serve as the basis of future studies in which treatments designed to correct these underlying abnormalities in circadian rhythms, and restore them to those of NC women, thereby would improve mood in DP. ..
- Treatment of Early Age Mania (TEAM)Graham Emslie; Fiscal Year: 2003..D. (4) University of Texas, Dallas, PI: Graham Emslie, M.D. (5) University of Texas, Galveston, PI: Karen Dineen Wagner, M.D. and (6) Washington University, St. Louis, PI; Joan Luby, M.D. ..
- Child Psychiatry Research Education Program (C-PREP)Graham Emslie; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TREATMENT OF SSRI-RESISTANT DEPRESSION IN ADOLESCENTSGraham Emslie; Fiscal Year: 2006..This site is based in Pittsburgh, which also serves as the Data Coordinating Center for the study [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treatment of Adolescent Suicide Attempters in DallasGraham Emslie; Fiscal Year: 2006..This exemplary protocol stimulated the formation of a collaborative group of 8 RUPP-PI applicants. By creating the protocol, the group forged an ability to work together. ..
- Ethnic Variations in Antidepressant ResponseIra Lesser; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Longitudinal Psychometric Investigation of the WISDM Tobacco Dependence MeasureStevens Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Identification and Therapy of Postpartum DepressionKatherine L Wisner; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have developed a multi-disciplinary team with expertise in clinical research with depressed and minority women and health services to address these needs. ..
- PREVENTION OF GERATRIC DEPRESSIONGeorge Alexopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accordingly, we are well positioned to meet the challenges inherent in this difficult but important area of research. ..
- Club Drug Initiation & HIV Risk of Mobile Suburban YouthBrian Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2003..Determining the pathways to club drug initiation and transitions to later stages of use and abuse is, therefore, of utmost importance. ..
- Ethnicity and the Diagnosis of Affective IllnessIra Lesser; Fiscal Year: 2008..The final objective is to determine whether Latinos are at risk for similar problems in diagnostic assessments and treatment assignment. ..
- MAINTENANCE TREATMENT FOR PREVENTION OF SMOKING RELAPSELirio Covey; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- HIV/STD Risk Behaviors in Methamphetamine User NetworksSteven Shoptaw; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..