Genomes and Genes
phytogenic antineoplastic agents
Summary: Agents obtained from higher plants that have demonstrable cytostatic or antineoplastic activity.
Publications296 found, 100 shown here
- Phase III trial of nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel compared with polyethylated castor oil-based paclitaxel in women with breast cancerWilliam J Gradishar
Northwestern University, Breast Oncology, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7794-803. 2005..This phase III study was performed to confirm preclinical studies demonstrating superior efficacy and reduced toxicity of ABI-007 compared with standard paclitaxel...
- Suppression of 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene-induced mammary carcinogenesis in rats by resveratrol: role of nuclear factor-kappaB, cyclooxygenase 2, and matrix metalloprotease 9Sanjeev Banerjee
Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Bioimmunotherapy, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 62:4945-54. 2002..Overall, our results suggest that resveratrol suppresses DMBA-induced mammary carcinogenesis, which correlates with down-regulation of NF-kappaB, cyclooxygenase-2, and matrix metalloprotease-9 expression...
- Phase II study of weekly docetaxel and trastuzumab for patients with HER-2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancerFrancisco J Esteva
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1800-8. 2002..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of weekly docetaxel plus trastuzumab in women with HER-2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer. Efficacy was correlated with serum HER-2 extracellular domain (ECD) levels...
- Randomized phase III trial of pemetrexed versus docetaxel in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with chemotherapyNasser Hanna
Indiana University, 535 Barnhill Dr, Room 473, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1589-97. 2004..To compare the efficacy and toxicity of pemetrexed versus docetaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) previously treated with chemotherapy...
- Randomized phase III trial comparing single-agent paclitaxel Poliglumex (CT-2103, PPX) with single-agent gemcitabine or vinorelbine for the treatment of PS 2 patients with chemotherapy-naïve advanced non-small cell lung cancerMary E R O'Brien
Royal Marsden Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Thorac Oncol 3:728-34. 2008..Paclitaxel poliglumex (PPX), a macromolecular polymer-drug conjugate of paclitaxel and poly-l-glutamic acid, may enhance the therapeutic index of paclitaxel...
- Taxol-induced apoptosis depends on MAP kinase pathways (ERK and p38) and is independent of p53S S Bacus
Quantitative Diagnostic Laboratories, Inc, Elmhurst, Illinois 60126, USA
Oncogene 20:147-55. 2001..However, p53 may serve as a survival factor in breast carcinoma cells treated with Taxol by blocking cells in G2/M phase of the cell cycle...
- Betulinic acid inhibits prostate cancer growth through inhibition of specificity protein transcription factorsSudhakar Chintharlapalli
Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77843 4466, USA
Cancer Res 67:2816-23. 2007..Thus, betulinic acid acts as a novel anticancer agent through targeted degradation of Sp proteins that are highly overexpressed in tumors...
- Paclitaxel-resistant cells have a mutation in the paclitaxel-binding region of beta-tubulin (Asp26Glu) and less stable microtubulesMalathi Hari
Discovery Oncology, Wyeth, 401 North Middletown Road, Room 4709, Building 200, Pearl River, NY 10965, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:270-8. 2006..These results suggest that a mutation in tubulin might affect microtubule stability as well as drug binding and contribute to the observed resistance profile...
- Endoplasmic reticulum chaperone protein GRP78 protects cells from apoptosis induced by topoisomerase inhibitors: role of ATP binding site in suppression of caspase-7 activationRamachandra K Reddy
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90089 9176, USA
J Biol Chem 278:20915-24. 2003..Lastly, a GRP78 mutant deleted of its ATP binding domain fails to bind procaspase-7 and loses its protective effect against etoposide-induced apoptosis...
- Inhibition of cancer growth by resveratrol is related to its low bioavailabilityMiguel Asensi
Departamento de Fisiologia, Universidad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Free Radic Biol Med 33:387-98. 2002....
- A reappraisal of the potential chemopreventive and chemotherapeutic properties of resveratrolJ Gusman
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie et Bromatologie CP205 4, Institut de Pharmacie, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus Plaine, Boulevard du Triomphe, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Carcinogenesis 22:1111-7. 2001..These include cyclooxygenase, nitric oxide synthase and cytochrome P450 inhibition, as well as cell cycle effects, apoptosis modulation and hormonal activity...
- Silencing of the novel p53 target gene Snk/Plk2 leads to mitotic catastrophe in paclitaxel (taxol)-exposed cellsTimothy F Burns
Laboratory of Molecular Oncology and Cell Cycle Regulation, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:5556-71. 2003..Finally, these studies suggest that disruption of Snk/Plk2 may be of therapeutic value in sensitizing paclitaxel-resistant tumors...
- Altered beta-tubulin isotype expression in paclitaxel-resistant human prostate carcinoma cellsS Ranganathan
Department of Pharmacology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Br J Cancer 77:562-6. 1998....
- Methyl jasmonate-induced overproduction of paclitaxel and baccatin III in Taxus cell suspension culturesY Yukimune
Bioscience Laboratory, Mitsui Petrochemical Industries, Ltd, Yamaguchi, Japan
Nat Biotechnol 14:1129-32. 1996..These results suggest that these two regions of methyl jasmonate are important for promoting the production of paclitaxel and related taxanes in Taxus cell cultures...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetics trial of ABI-007, a novel nanoparticle formulation of paclitaxel in patients with advanced nonhematologic malignanciesDavid W Nyman
Department of Pharmacology Toxicology, Division of Hematology Oncology, Arizona Cancer Center University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7785-93. 2005..This study determined the maximum-tolerated dose (MTD) of ABI-007 monotherapy administered weekly (three weekly doses, repeated every 4 weeks) and assessed the pharmacokinetics of paclitaxel administered as ABI-007...
- Resveratrol-induced autophagocytosis in ovarian cancer cellsAnthony W Opipari
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Cancer Res 64:696-703. 2004....
- Tetrandrine induces early G1 arrest in human colon carcinoma cells by down-regulating the activity and inducing the degradation of G1-S-specific cyclin-dependent kinases and by inducing p53 and p21Cip1Ling Hua Meng
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 64:9086-92. 2004..Collectively, these results show that tetrandrine arrests cells in G(1) by convergent mechanisms, including down-regulation of E2F1 and up-regulation of p53/p21(Cip1)...
- Disparate in vitro and in vivo antileukemic effects of resveratrol, a natural polyphenolic compound found in grapesXiaohua Gao
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Nutr 132:2076-81. 2002..Thus, despite strong antiproliferative and proapoptotic activities of resveratrol against 32Dp210 cells in vitro, a potential antileukemia effect in vivo, if present, occurs only in a small fraction of mice...
- A novel controlled release formulation for the anticancer drug paclitaxel (Taxol): PLGA nanoparticles containing vitamin E TPGSL Mu
Division of Bioengineering, The National University of Singapore, 9 Engineering Drive 1, 117576, Singapore, Singapore
J Control Release 86:33-48. 2003..Nanoparticles of nanometer size with narrow distribution can be obtained. A drug encapsulation efficiency as high as 100% can be achieved and the release kinetics can be controlled...
- Cytotoxicity of plants from Malaysia and Thailand used traditionally to treat cancerC C Lee
Department of Pharmacy, King s College London, London SE1 9NN, UK
J Ethnopharmacol 100:237-43. 2005..59 microM). The Malaysian Alpinia galanga showed weak activity compared with the Thai sample and this was shown to be due to the relatively high amounts of 1'-acetoxychavicol acetate present in the Thai sample...
- Natural products in anticancer therapyA B da Rocha
Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Lutheran University of Brazil, Canoas, RS
Curr Opin Pharmacol 1:364-9. 2001..Other agents originating from marine sources are bryostatin-1, aplidine, dolastatin 10 and ET-743, which have recently entered phase I and II clinical trials...
- Development and evaluation of lipid nanoparticles for camptothecin delivery: a comparison of solid lipid nanoparticles, nanostructured lipid carriers, and lipid emulsionZih Rou Huang
Pharmaceutics Laboratory, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 29:1094-102. 2008..The aim of this study was to develop and characterize lipid nanoparticles with different lipid cores which can circumvent these problems...
- Genetic variants in the UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1A1 gene predict the risk of severe neutropenia of irinotecanFederico Innocenti
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC2115, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1382-8. 2004..UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1A1 (UGT1A1) catalyzes the glucuronidation of the active metabolite SN-38. This study prospectively evaluated the association between the prevalence of severe toxicity and UGT1A1 genetic variation...
- Pharmacology of topoisomerase I inhibitors irinotecan (CPT-11) and topotecanRon H J Mathijssen
Department of Medical Oncology, Rotterdam Cancer Institute Daniel den Hoed Kliniek and University Hospital Rotterdam, PO Box 5201, Rotterdam, 3008 AE, The Netherlands
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 2:103-23. 2002....
- Resveratrol depresses the growth of colorectal aberrant crypt foci by affecting bax and p21(CIP) expressionL Tessitore
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche Alimentari Farmaceutiche e Farmacologiche, Universita del Piemonte Orientale Amedeo Avogadro, Vercelli, Italy
Carcinogenesis 21:1619-22. 2000..In conclusion, the results suggest a protective role of RV in colon carcinogenesis with a mechanism involving changes in bax and p21 expression...
- The microtubule-targeting agent CA4P regresses leukemic xenografts by disrupting interaction with vascular cells and mitochondrial-dependent cell deathIsabelle Petit
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Ansary Center for Stem Cell Therapeutics, Department of Genetic Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 111:1951-61. 2008..As such, CA4P provides for an effective means to treat refractory organ-infiltrating leukemias...
- Tetrandrine-induced cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in Hep G2 cellsPo Lin Kuo
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, Kaohsiung Medical University, 100 Shih Chuan 1st Road, Taiwan
Life Sci 73:243-52. 2003..Taken together, p53 and Fas/FasL apoptotic system possibly participated in the antiproliferative activity of tetrandrine in Hep G2 cells...
- Phosphorylation on tyrosine-15 of p34(Cdc2) by ErbB2 inhibits p34(Cdc2) activation and is involved in resistance to taxol-induced apoptosisMing Tan
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Mol Cell 9:993-1004. 2002..Expressing a nonphosphorylatable mutant of Cdc2 renders cells more sensitive to taxol-induced apoptosis. Thus, ErbB2 membrane RTK can confer resistance to taxol-induced apoptosis by directly phosphorylating Cdc2...
- Class III beta-tubulin expression in tumor cells predicts response and outcome in patients with non-small cell lung cancer receiving paclitaxelPascal Seve
Service de Medecine Interne, Hospices Civils de Lyon, France
Mol Cancer Ther 4:2001-7. 2005....
- Berberine-induced apoptosis in human prostate cancer cells is initiated by reactive oxygen species generationSyed M Meeran
Department of Dermatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1670 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 229:33-43. 2008....
- Oral bioavailability of docetaxel in combination with OC144-093 (ONT-093)I E L M Kuppens
Department of Medical Oncology, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 55:72-8. 2005..Furthermore, the safety of combined treatment was determined and whether known functional genetic polymorphisms of the MDR1 gene could be associated with variability in docetaxel pharmacokinetics was also investigated...
- Mechanism of taxol-induced apoptosis in human SKOV3 ovarian carcinoma cellsHak Jun Ahn
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Seoul Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Cell Biochem 91:1043-52. 2004..Taken together, these findings suggest that in SKOV3 cells, taxol induces caspase-independent AIF-dependent apoptosis...
- Intra-ethnic differences in genetic variants of the UGT-glucuronosyltransferase 1A1 gene in Chinese populationsA Zhang
Bio X Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Pharmacogenomics J 7:333-8. 2007..Our results indicate that heterogeneity among different ethnic populations is possibly the result of microevolution and is relevant to studies into the effect of tailored drug treatment...
- Preparation, characterization and biodistribution of the lactone form of 10-hydroxycamptothecin (HCPT)-loaded bovine serum albumin (BSA) nanoparticlesLei Yang
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Wenhua Road 103, Shenyang City, Liaoning, China
Int J Pharm 340:163-72. 2007..These results suggest that the HCPT-BSA nanoparticles seem to be a stable delivery system for poorly soluble HCPT or its derivatives...
- Role of p21 in apoptosis and senescence of human colon cancer cells treated with camptothecinZhiyong Han
Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, and Biochemistry, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
J Biol Chem 277:17154-60. 2002..These observations demonstrated that p21 was required for senescence development of HCT116 cells following treatment with low concentrations of CPT...
- Circumvention of breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP)-mediated resistance to camptothecins in vitro using non-substrate drugs or the BCRP inhibitor GF120918M Maliepaard
Division of Experimental Therapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 7:935-41. 2001..This observation may have important clinical implications for future development of novel camptothecins...
- Phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study of irinotecan, fluorouracil, and leucovorin in patients with advanced solid tumorsL B Saltz
Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 14:2959-67. 1996....
- Effects of combretastatin A4 phosphate on endothelial cell morphology in vitro and relationship to tumour vascular targeting activity in vivoS M Galbraith
Tumour Microcirculation Group, Gray Laboratory Cancer Research Trust, Northwood, HA6 2JR
Anticancer Res 21:93-102. 2001..Differences in the recovery from the shape changes induced by CA4P and colchicine could underlie the different toxicity profiles of these drugs...
- Docetaxel and cisplatin: an active regimen in patients with locally advanced, recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Results of a phase II study of the EORTC Early Clinical Studies GroupP Schoffski
Department of Hematology Oncology, Hannover University Medical School, Germany
Ann Oncol 10:119-22. 1999..The EORTC ECSG performed a multicenter phase II study in patients with locally advanced, recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck to evaluate the antitumor efficacy and toxicity of this combination...
- Resveratrol induces colon tumor cell apoptosis independently of p53 and precede by epithelial differentiation, mitochondrial proliferation and membrane potential collapseM Mahyar-Roemer
Internal Medicine IV, University of Saarland Medical School, Homburg/Saar, Germany
Int J Cancer 94:615-22. 2001..Remarkably, apoptosis was preceded by mitochondrial proliferation and signs of epithelial differentiation. Thus, resveratrol triggers a p53-independent apoptotic pathway in HCT116 cells that may be linked to differentiation...
- Reconstitution of caspase 3 sensitizes MCF-7 breast cancer cells to doxorubicin- and etoposide-induced apoptosisX H Yang
Lurie Cancer Center, Northwestern University Medical School, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Illinois 60201, USA
Cancer Res 61:348-54. 2001..Our results also suggest that caspase 3 deficiency may contribute to chemotherapeutic resistance in breast cancer...
- The biology of the combretastatins as tumour vascular targeting agentsGillian M Tozer
Gray Cancer Institute, PO Box 100, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middlesex HA6 2JR, UK
Int J Exp Pathol 83:21-38. 2002..This paper reviews the current understanding of the mechanism of action of the combretastatins and their therapeutic potential...
- Fatal outcome of a hypersensitivity reaction to paclitaxel: a critical review of premedication regimensJ S Kloover
Department of Pulmonology, Erasmus MC, Postbus 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 90:304-5. 2004..The level of evidence supporting the short-course i.v. premedication schedule is challenged, as it is not compatible with the pharmacokinetic properties of dexamethasone...
- Chemoresistance to paclitaxel induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition and enhances metastatic potential for epithelial ovarian carcinoma cellsHiroaki Kajiyama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Int J Oncol 31:277-83. 2007..It is possible that therapeutic benefits such as the restoration of chemosensitivity or suppression of metastasis will be enabled by gaining further insight into the mechanisms underlying chemoresistance and EMT...
- Microtubule disruption utilizes an NFkappa B-dependent pathway to stabilize HIF-1alpha proteinYun Jin Jung
Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
J Biol Chem 278:7445-52. 2003..Collectively, these data support a model in which NFkappaB is a focal point for the convergence of MDA-mediated signaling events leading to HIF-1 induction, thus revealing a novel aspect of HIF-1alpha regulation and function...
- Anticancer and antiinflammatory activities of cucurbitacins from Cucurbita andreanaBolleddula Jayaprakasam
Bioactive Natural Products and Phytoceuticals, Department of Horticulture, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Cancer Lett 189:11-6. 2003..Vioxx showed specific COX-2 inhibition by 71%. Also, cucurbitacins 1 and 4 inhibited lipid peroxidation by 59 and 23%, respectively, at 100 microg/ml...
- Treatment of epigallocatechin-3-gallate inhibits matrix metalloproteinases-2 and -9 via inhibition of activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases, c-jun and NF-kappaB in human prostate carcinoma DU-145 cellsPraveen K Vayalil
Department of Dermatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Prostate 59:33-42. 2004..Therefore, the effect of (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) was determined on the synthesis and activation of tumor invasion-specific MMP-2 and MMP-9 in human prostate carcinoma DU-145 cells...
- Tetrandrine-induced cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in A549 human lung carcinoma cellsJun Hyuk Lee
Department of Oriental Medicine, Dongeui University College of Oriental Medicine and Research Institute of Oriental Medicine, Busan 614 052, Korea
Int J Oncol 21:1239-44. 2002..These results suggest that tetrandrine merits further investigation as a cell cycle blocker as well as a cancer chemopreventive agent...
- The c-Jun NH(2)-terminal protein kinase/AP-1 pathway is required for efficient apoptosis induced by vinblastineM Fan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72205-7199, USA
Cancer Res 61:4450-8. 2001....
- beta-Sitosterol activates Fas signaling in human breast cancer cellsA B Awad
Department of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Phytomedicine 14:747-54. 2007..These findings support the hypothesis that beta-sitosterol is an effective apoptosis-promoting agent and that incorporation of more phytosterols in the diet may serve a preventive measure for breast cancer...
- Anticancer activity of isoobtusilactone A from Cinnamomum kotoense: involvement of apoptosis, cell-cycle dysregulation, mitochondria regulation, and reactive oxygen speciesChung Yi Chen
School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Fooyin University, Kaohsiung County 831, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Nat Prod 71:933-40. 2008..Finally, we found that IOA inhibited the migration and invasion of A549 cell migration and invasion. Taken together, these results suggest that IOA has anticancer effects on A549 cells...
- Taxol induces caspase-10-dependent apoptosisSoo Jung Park
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Indiana University Cancer Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 279:51057-67. 2004..Therefore, these results demonstrate for the first time that taxol induces FADD-dependent apoptosis primarily through activation of caspase-10 but independently of death receptors...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer: significantly enhanced response with docetaxelIan C Smith
Department of Academic Radiology, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 20:1456-66. 2002..To compare the efficacy of neoadjuvant (NA) docetaxel (DOC) with anthracycline-based therapy and determine the efficacy of NA DOC in patients with breast cancer initially failing to respond to anthracycline-based NA chemotherapy (CT)...
- Resveratrol-induced apoptotic death in human U251 glioma cellsHao Jiang
William T Gossett Neurology Laboratories, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:554-61. 2005..These results suggest that multiple signaling pathways may underlie the apoptotic death of U251 glioma induced by resveratrol, which warrants further exploration as an anticancer agent in human glioma...
- Prospective randomized trial of docetaxel versus best supportive care in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with platinum-based chemotherapyF A Shepherd
University of Toronto, Toronto, and London Regional Cancer Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 18:2095-103. 2000..Secondary end points included assessment of response (docetaxel arm only), toxicity, and quality of life...
- Reactive oxygen species involved in trichosanthin-induced apoptosis of human choriocarcinoma cellsC Zhang
Molecular and Nano Sciences Laboratory, Department of Physics, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Biochem J 355:653-61. 2001..formation via the Fenton reaction. The finding that ROS is involved in the TCS-induced apoptosis of JAR cells might provide new insight into the anti-tumour and anti-HIV mechanism of TCS...
- Disrupting tumour blood vesselsGillian M Tozer
Academic Unit of Surgical Oncology, Division of Clinical Sciences, University of Sheffield, Floor K, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, S10 2JF, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 5:423-35. 2005....
- Phase III trial comparing three doses of docetaxel for second-line treatment of advanced breast cancerVernon Harvey
Department of Oncology, Auckland Hospital, Private Bag 92 024, Auckland, New Zealand
J Clin Oncol 24:4963-70. 2006..To evaluate whether a relationship exists between docetaxel dose and clinical response in the treatment of patients with advanced breast cancer...
- Broad in vitro efficacy of plant-derived betulinic acid against cell lines derived from the most prevalent human cancer typesJan H Kessler
Laboratory for Experimental Oncology and Radiobiology, Center for Experimental and Molecular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Lett 251:132-45. 2007..Our results substantiate the possible application of BA as a chemotherapeutic agent for the most prevalent human cancer types...
- Mechanisms of antiprostate cancer by gum mastic: NF-kappaB signal as targetMei Lan He
Institute of Cancer Research, Life Science and Technology School, Tongji University, Shanghai 200092, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 28:446-52. 2007....
- Hypersensitivity of nonhomologous DNA end-joining mutants to VP-16 and ICRF-193: implications for the repair of topoisomerase II-mediated DNA damageNoritaka Adachi
Kihara Institute for Biological Research, Graduate School of Integrated Science, Yokohama City University, Totsuka ku, Yokohama 244 0813, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:35897-902. 2003..The outstandingly increased cytotoxicity of topo II inhibitors in the absence of NHEJ suggests that simultaneous inhibition of topo II and NHEJ would provide a powerful protocol in cancer chemotherapy involving topo II inhibitors...
- A phase II study of docetaxel in patients with metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckC Couteau
Institut Gustave Roussy, Department of Medecine, Villejuif, France
Br J Cancer 81:457-62. 1999..3%). A mean clearance of 19.6 l h(-1) m(-2) and an area under the curve of 6.00 microg ml(-1) h(-1) was found in the pharmacokinetic analysis. Docetaxel is active in this selected population with metastatic SCCHN, with a good tolerance...
- AURORA-A amplification overrides the mitotic spindle assembly checkpoint, inducing resistance to TaxolShubha Anand
CR UK Department of Oncology and the Medical Research Council Cancer Cell Unit, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, University of Cambridge, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XZ, United Kingdom
Cancer Cell 3:51-62. 2003..Consistent with this conclusion, elevated Aurora-A expression causes resistance to apoptosis induced by Taxol in a human cancer cell line...
- Increased levels of tyrosinated alpha-, beta(III)-, and beta(IV)-tubulin isotypes in paclitaxel-resistant MCF-7 breast cancer cellsAsok Banerjee
Department of Biochemistry, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 293:598-601. 2002..These results demonstrate for the first time that PTX resistance is associated with an increase in the level of tyrosinated alpha-tubulin...
- Cytotoxic activity of schisandrolic and isoschisandrolic acids involves induction of apoptosisZe Tian
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Chemotherapy 53:257-62. 2007..Furthermore, proteolytic cleavage of poly-ADP-ribose polymerase (PARP), substrate of the caspase family, was detected and associated with apoptosis in HepG2 cells induced by the two compounds...
- A randomized clinical trial of cisplatin/paclitaxel versus carboplatin/paclitaxel as first-line treatment of ovarian cancerAndreas du Bois
Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology, Dr Horst Schmidt Kliniken, Wiesbaden, Germany
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1320-9. 2003..Therefore, we performed a randomized, phase III non-inferiority trial comparing paclitaxel plus cisplatin (PT) with paclitaxel plus carboplatin (TC) in patients with advanced ovarian cancer...
- Effects of cryotherapy or chemotherapy on apoptosis in a non-small-cell lung cancer xenografted into SCID miceValérie Forest
UPRES EA3063, Faculte de Medecine Jacques Lisfranc, 15 rue Ambroise Paré, 42023 Saint Etienne cedex 2, France
Cryobiology 50:29-37. 2005..Taken together, these results demonstrate the differential effects of cryotherapy and chemotherapy in vivo, suggesting different modes of action and the potential benefit to combine them...
- Boswellic acid acetate induces differentiation and apoptosis in highly metastatic melanoma and fibrosarcoma cellsWanzhou Zhao
Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, No1 Xiannong Tan Street, Beijing 100050, China
Cancer Detect Prev 27:67-75. 2003....
- Protein nanoparticles as drug carriers in clinical medicineMichael J Hawkins
Abraxis Bioscience, Inc, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 60:876-85. 2008..The nab technology promises to have broad utility in cancer therapy, and clinical trials are underway using nab formulations of other water-insoluble anticancer agents such as docetaxel and rapamycin...
- The effect of willow leaf extracts on human leukemic cells in vitroHany A El-Shemy
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
J Biochem Mol Biol 36:387-9. 2003..After a 24-h incubation in vitro, the crude water extracts of the leaves killed a majority of the blasts of acute myeloid leukemia (AML, 73.8%)...
- High efficacy of docetaxel with and without androgen deprivation and estramustine in preclinical models of advanced prostate cancerKarim Fizazi
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Anticancer Res 24:2897-903. 2004..To assess the activity of docetaxel in combination with hormonal therapy in preclinical models of prostate cancer...
- Effect of docetaxel on the therapeutic ratio of fractionated radiotherapy in vivoK A Mason
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 5:4191-8. 1999....
- An effective and more convenient drug regimen for prophylaxis against paclitaxel-associated hypersensitivity reactionsM Markman
Department of Hematology Medical Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 125:427-9. 1999....
- Antiproliferative activity and induction of apoptosis in human colon cancer cells treated in vitro with constituents of a product derived from Pistacia lentiscus L. var. chiaK V Balan
Department of Biology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Miami, FL, USA
Phytomedicine 14:263-72. 2007....
- Involvement of the retinoblastoma (pRb)-E2F/DP pathway during antiproliferative effects of resveratrol in human epidermoid carcinoma (A431) cellsV M Adhami
Department of Dermatology, Case Western Reserve University and The Research Institute of University Hospitals of Cleveland, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 288:579-85. 2001..To our knowledge, this is the first study showing the involvement of the pRb-E2F/DP pathway as a mechanism of the cancer-chemopreventive effects of resveratrol...
- The cytoplasmic trafficking of DNA topoisomerase IIalpha correlates with etoposide resistance in human myeloma cellsRoxane Engel
Experimental Therapeutics Program, Departments of Interdisciplinary Oncology and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Exp Cell Res 295:421-31. 2004..It appears that the nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling of topo IIalpha, which decreases the amount of nuclear target enzyme, is a major mechanism of drug resistance to topo II inhibitors in plateau-phase myeloma cells...
- Phase III trial comparing paclitaxel poliglumex vs docetaxel in the second-line treatment of non-small-cell lung cancerL Paz-Ares
Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Servicio de Oncologia Medica, Madrid 28041, Spain
Br J Cancer 98:1608-13. 2008..Paclitaxel poliglumex at a dose of 210 mg m(-2) resulted in increased neurotoxicity compared with docetaxel...
- Enhanced transgene expression in androgen independent prostate cancer gene therapy by taxane chemotherapeutic agentsYingming Li
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9110, USA
J Urol 167:339-46. 2002..We evaluated whether the chemotherapeutic agent docetaxel or paclitaxel may be combined with gene therapy to create a new therapeutic regimen for metastatic androgen independent prostate cancer...
- Cytotoxic effects of 27 anticancer drugs in HeLa and MDR1-overexpressing derivative cell linesKohji Takara
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto Pharmacutical University, Misasagi, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:771-8. 2002..The 27 anticancer drugs analyzed here could be classified into substrates and nonsubstrates for MDR1. This will be useful for designing effective regimens for chemotherapy...
- "Will weekly work"? Seems to be soAndrew D Seidman
J Clin Oncol 23:5873-4. 2005
- Tumor-cell resistance to death receptor--induced apoptosis through mutational inactivation of the proapoptotic Bcl-2 homolog BaxHeidi LeBlanc
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, South San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Med 8:274-81. 2002..Thus, Bax mutation in mismatch repair--deficient tumors can cause resistance to death receptor--targeted therapy, but pre-exposure to chemotherapy rescues tumor sensitivity...
- Production of paclitaxel and the related taxanes by cell suspension cultures of Taxus speciesHomare Tabata
Functional and Chemicals Laboratory, Mitsui Chemicals, Inc, 1144, Togo, Mobara shi, Japan
Curr Drug Targets 7:453-61. 2006..By applying the data from the two-stage culture and the high-density culture, a large-scale culture process was developed with a stable paclitaxel production in the range of 140-295 mg L(-1), reaching 295 mg L(-1) at maximum...
- p53 expression and resistance against paclitaxel in patients with metastatic breast cancerM Schmidt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131, Mainz, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 129:295-302. 2003..Identifying these patients could spare them an ineffective treatment and could in turn characterize a subgroup of patients with a higher response rate...
- Back to basics: how natural products can provide the basis for new therapeuticsAmit Deorukhkar
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 16:1753-73. 2007..This review focuses on the mechanism of action of key natural products and promising preclinical data on their efficacy as anticancer agents, as single agents and in combination with standard therapies...
- In vitro cytotoxic activity of Brazilian plant extracts against human lung, colon and CNS solid cancers and leukemiaIvana B Suffredini
Laboratório de Extração da Universidade Paulista UNIP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Fitoterapia 78:223-6. 2007..Expressive activity was observed in the extracts of Toulicia cf. pulvinata, Ampirrhox sp., Macoubea sprucei, Calophyllum brasiliense, Vismia guianensis, Caryocar microcarpum, Xylopia aromatica and Distictella magnoliifolia...
- Are isothiocyanates potential anti-cancer drugs?Xiang Wu
Tianjin Key Laboratory of Lung Cancer Metastasis and Tumor Microenviroment, Tianjin Lung Cancer Institute, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 30:501-12. 2009..This review summarizes the current knowledge on isothiocyanates and focuses on their role as potential anti-cancer agents...
- Antioxidant, antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities of selected medicinal plants from YemenMohamed Al-Fatimi
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Pharmacy Section, Department of Pharmacognosy, Aden University, Aden, Yemen
J Ethnopharmacol 111:657-66. 2007..Remarkable cytotoxic activity against FL-cells was shown only for five plants, among them Plicosepalus curviflorus (stems)...
- Inducible overexpression of c-Jun in MCF7 cells causes resistance to vinblastine via inhibition of drug-induced apoptosis and senescence at a step subsequent to mitotic arrestLingling Duan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Mail Slot 516, 4301 W Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72205, United States
Biochem Pharmacol 73:481-90. 2007..These results indicate that c-Jun expression plays a protective role in the cellular response to vinblastine and operates post-mitotic block to inhibit drug-induced apoptosis and senescence...
- Purine-containing cucurbitane triterpenoids from Cucurbita pepo cv dayanguaDa Cheng Wang
School of Veterinary Science, Jilin University, Jilin 130062, China
Phytochemistry 69:1434-8. 2008..Cucurbitaglycosides A and B showed cytotoxic activity against the human epithelial carcinoma cell line HeLa with IC50 of 17.2 and 28.4 microg/mL, respectively...
- Dietary polyphenolic phytochemicals--promising cancer chemopreventive agents in humans? A review of their clinical propertiesSarah C Thomasset
Cancer Biomarkers and Prevention Group, Department of Cancer Studies, University of Leicester, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK
Int J Cancer 120:451-8. 2007....
- Herbal extract "Songyou Yin" inhibits tumor growth and prolongs survival in nude mice bearing human hepatocellular carcinoma xenograft with high metastatic potentialXiu Yan Huang
Department of General Surgery, The 6th People s Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200233, China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:1245-55. 2009..This study evaluates the effect of the herbal compound extract "Songyou Yin" (containing Salvia miltiorrhiza Bge.-danshen and other four herbs) on hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Diallyl sulfide induces apoptosis in Colo 320 DM human colon cancer cells: involvement of caspase-3, NF-kappaB, and ERK-2Narayanan Sriram
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 025, India
Mol Cell Biochem 311:157-65. 2008..In conclusion, DAS increased the production of ROS, caused cell cycle arrest, decreased cell proliferation and induced apoptosis in Colo 320 DM cells. Thus, this study put forward DAS as a drug that can possibly be used to treat cancers...
- Gene expression profiling for the prediction of therapeutic response to docetaxel in patients with breast cancerJenny C Chang
Breast Center and the Departments of Medicine, Pathology, and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Lancet 362:362-9. 2003..Patients often have de novo resistance or incomplete response to docetaxel, one of the most active agents in this disease. We postulated that gene expression profiles of the primary breast cancer can predict the response to docetaxel...
- Study of the anticancer potential of Yemeni plants used in folk medicineR A A Mothana
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Sana a University, Yemen
Pharmazie 62:305-7. 2007..29 and 5.54 microg/ml. The extracts of Jatropha unicostata and Punica protopunica showed a moderate potency on the most tumor cell lines...
- Treatment with 2-AAF blocks the small hepatocyte-like progenitor cell response in retrorsine-exposed ratsD Hunter Best
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Curriculum in Toxicology, UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Hepatol 46:1055-63. 2007....
- VP-16 resistance in the NCI-H460 human lung cancer cell line is significantly associated with glucose-regulated protein78 (GRP78) inductionQi Wang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, the Second Hospital affiliated to Dalian Medical University, Dalian 116023, China
Anticancer Res 27:2359-64. 2007..To investigate the relationship between the expression of glucose-regulated protein (GRP78) and resistance to VP-16 in the NCI-H460 cell line...
- The chemopreventive effects of Saussurea salicifolia through induction of apoptosis and phase II detoxification enzymeKyungsu Kang
Natural Products Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Gangneung 210 340, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 30:2352-9. 2007..These data suggest that the extract as well as the lignan compounds (especially arctigenin) originated from Saussurea salicifolia may be served as potential cancer chemopreventive agents for prevention or treatment of human cancers...
- In vivo evaluation of lipid nanocapsules as a promising colloidal carrier for paclitaxelF Lacoeuille
Inserm U646, 10 rue A Boquel, F 49100 Angers, France
Int J Pharm 344:143-9. 2007..These results demonstrate the great interest to use LNC as drug delivery system for paclitaxel, permitting with an equivalent therapeutic efficiency to avoid the use of excipients such as polyoxyethylated castor oil for its formulation...
- The extracellular matrix protein TGFBI induces microtubule stabilization and sensitizes ovarian cancers to paclitaxelAhmed Ashour Ahmed
Functional Genomics of Drug Resistance Laboratory, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0RE, UK
Cancer Cell 12:514-27. 2007..These data show that ECM can mediate taxane sensitivity by modulating microtubule stability...
- Pharmacogenomic identification of targets for adjuvant therapy with the topoisomerase poison camptothecinJonathan P Carson
Department of Genetics and Genomics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 64:2096-104. 2004....
- Synthesis and cytotoxicity of bidesmosidic betulin and betulinic acid saponinsCharles Gauthier
Laboratoire d Analyse et de Separation des Essences Vegetales LASEVE, Departement des Sciences Fondamentales, Universite du Quebec a Chicoutimi, Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada, G7H 2B1
J Nat Prod 72:72-81. 2009..8-1.9 microM)...
Research Grants123 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2002..In summary, the proposed research will be sharply aimed at the discovery and very rapid development of new anticancer drugs for the NCI programs directed at improving human cancer treatments. ..
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGeorge R Pettit; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2007..In summary, the proposed research will be sharply aimed at the discovery and very rapid development of new anticancer drugs for the NCI programs direct at improving human cancer treatments. ..
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2004..In summary, the proposed research will be sharply aimed at the discovery and very rapid development of new anticancer drugs for the NCI programs directed at improving human cancer treatments. ..
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2001..In summary, the proposed research will be sharply aimed at the discovery and very rapid development of new anticancer drugs for the NCI programs directed at improving human cancer treatments. ..
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2003
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2005
- Gene Transfer to Facilitate Dose-Intensification in the Treatment of Pediatric B*Lars Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2007..We hypothesize this strategy will be well tolerated and allow for meaningful dose escalation through chemoprotection afforded by gene transfer into hematopoietic stem cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Methodology of Phase I and II trials of anticancer CAMAndrew Vickers; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Clinically-Integrated Randomized Trial of Radical ProstatectomyAndrew Vickers; Fiscal Year: 2008..We intend to pilot this methodology in a trial comparing modifications to radical prostatectomy. ..
- Design of Gene Delivery System to Target HepatocytesMark Davis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term objective of our proposal is to design and engineer a generalized, synthetic system for ultimately delivering nucleic acid-based therapeutics to hepatocytes in humans. ..
- NATIONAL WILMS TUMOR STUDY -5Daniel Green; Fiscal Year: 2003..The survival of most children treated for WT allows the study of genetic and treatment factors associated with the etiology of the disease and/or the occurrence of complications of therapy. ..
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsMark Ratain; Fiscal Year: 2007..This application also includes a proposal for the creation of an Early Clinical Trials Network to facilitate inter-institutional collaborations involving NCI-sponsored early clinical trials. ..
- ENHANCING RADIATION THERAPY: VASCULAR TARGETING AGENTSDietmar Siemann; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Reversal of 5-FU Resistance by Arsenic Trioxide in Colorectal CarcinomaBach Ardalan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 2: Determine if ATO administration down regulates the expression of thymidylate synthase in tumor and in PBMC in patients receiving ATO + 5-FU. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neural Progenitor Cells as Cancer Therapy VectorsMARY DANKS; Fiscal Year: 2007..The described approach might then be adapted to the treatment of other solid tumors by careful choice of appropriate therapeutic transgenes. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EASTERN COOPERATIVE ONCOLOGY GROUPJoseph Sparano; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS IN THE SHIKIMATE PATHWAYBruce Ganem; Fiscal Year: 2000..R-Domain swapping experiments will establish whether feedback control elements in the P/T proteins are interchangeable, and whether different mechanisms are involved. ..
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF THE ANTITUMOR DRUG TAXOLMary Jordan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding the linkage between microtubule dynamics, mitotic block, and resistance to taxol promises to lead to new drug targets that will improve the efficacy of chemotherapy. ..
- SELECTIVE THERAPY OF NEUROBLASTOMAMARY DANKS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, these studies should provide alternative treatment modalities for high-risk neuroblastoma. ..
- STUDIES OF THE PACLITAXEL TUBULIN INTERACTIONDavid Kingston; Fiscal Year: 2002..Such analogs are expected to show improved bioactivity as compared with paclitaxel itself. In addition, new analogs of paclitaxel will be prepared by combinatorial chemical methods. ..
- ROLE OF INTESTINAL UGT IN DRUG DISPOSITIONPhilip Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..Translational studies to patients receiving these drugs will also be conducted to evaluate intestinal glucuronidation in humans and examine the hypothesis that local tissue specific UGTs may modulate intestinal toxicity in humans. ..
- TNF Blockade in Pancreatic Cancer PatientsMIGUEL VILLALONA; Fiscal Year: 2004..The observation of benefits in either quality of life or progression-free survival in patients undergoing TNF blockade would encourage evaluation of this novel strategy in properly powered randomized clinical trials. ..
- Fatty Acid Synthase in Prostate TumorigenesisBETH PFLUG; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Biomodulation of capecitabine by docetaxel in non-small*MIGUEL VILLALONA; Fiscal Year: 2005..Confirmation of our working hypothesis may lead to a new treatment paradigm suitable for evaluation in the adjuvant setting. ..
- LIPOSOMAL BCL-2 ANTISENSE THERAPY FOR SOLID TUMORSFrancisco Esteva; Fiscal Year: 2003..Gabriel Lopez-Berestein (Department of Bioimmunotherapy). M. D. Anderson Cancer Center has the patients and resources necessary for Dr. Esteva to successfully complete this research project. ..
- Analysis of AIDS Data by Using Semiparametrical ModelsHua Liang; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed research is expected to benefit studies of the immune system in HIV-infected patients (one of the main focuses of future AIDS research). ..
- Pharmacogenetic Determinants of Vinca Alkaloid ResponseJamie Renbarger; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- SELECTIVE THERAPY OF NEUROBLASTOMAMARY DANKS; Fiscal Year: 2003..Overall, these studies should provide alternative treatment modalities for high-risk neuroblastoma. ..
- STUDIES OF TUBULIN-INTERACTIVE ANTICANCER DRUGSDavid Kingston; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such compounds are expected to show good tubulin polymerization and cytotoxic properties, and may thus become synthetically accessible anticancer agents. ..
- SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS IN THE SHIKIMATE PATHWAYBruce Ganem; Fiscal Year: 1999..The corresponding syn-stereoisomer will be synthesized and evaluated, since SN2' displacements are known to occur with either syn or antistereochemistry in nonenzymatic systems. ..
- SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS IN THE SHIKIMATE PATHWAYBruce Ganem; Fiscal Year: 1991..6) A long range objective will focus on the mechanism and structure of chorismate lyase, which converts chorismate to p-hydroxybenzoate on the biosynthetic pathway to coenzyme Q (ubiquinone)...
- CLINICAL THERAPEUTICSMark Ratain; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Training Program in Biostatistics and Cancer ResearchGary Rosner; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such close collaboration will lead to more efficient study designs and data analysis, allowing translation of therapeutic theories to clinical application more quickly. ..
- Mitochondrial Oxidative Stress In Angiotensis II Induced Endothelial DysfunctionSergey Dikalov; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work will study the role of mitochondrial oxidative stress in endothelial dysfunction and provide a novel therapeutic target to treat and prevent hypertension. ..
- RADIATION AND DRUG EFFECTS ON TUMOR CELL SUBPOPULATIONSDietmar Siemann; Fiscal Year: 1999..Ultimately we hope that these approaches can be reliably developed to an extent where the use of human tumor biopsy material may lead to radiotherapy treatments more tailored to the individual patient. ..
- Elimination of Carcinogen-Induced Tumor Stem Cells by ATF5 Loss of Function.JAMES ANGELASTRO; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, ATF5 may be a potential target for therapeutic intervention and a possible treatment for brain cancer. ..
- Cytokine Polymorphisms and Cancer Related PainCielito Reyes Gibby; Fiscal Year: 2008..Understanding host genetic susceptibility to severe pain is critical to efforts in reducing the burden of cancer and its treatment. The results of this study have immense clinical and public health significance. ..
- Combining Anti-Angiogenesis Strategies and RadiotherapyDietmar W Siemann; Fiscal Year: 2010..Experiments are designed to investigate the mechanisms underlying the interaction between such therapies and to develop approaches that would maximize the anti-tumor efficacy of such combined treatments. ..
- Targeting Somatic Homologous Recombination in Solid TumorsMIGUEL ANGEL VILLALONA; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that these patients will derive substantial clinical benefit from such treatment. ..
- COMMUNITY CLINICAL ONCOLOGY PROGRAMCharles Loprinzi; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will incorporate associated basic laboratory support, leading to scientifically rigorous translational research efforts. ..
- EASTERN COOPERATIVE ONCOLOGY GROUPJoseph Sparano; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Arsenite Effects on CD40 Signaling and B-Cell ApoptosisDONNA MUSCARELLA; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF THE ANTITUMOR DRUG TAXOLMary Jordan; Fiscal Year: 2000..Understanding the linkage between microtubule dynamics, mitotic block, and resistance to taxol promises to lead to new drug targets that will improve the efficacy of chemotherapy. ..
- Predictive Markers of Glioblastoma Response to VEGF TrapJohn de Groot; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MENTORING & ADVANCED RESEARCH TRAINING FOR WRHR SCHOLARSJonathan Berek; Fiscal Year: 2007..This cadre of Scholars will be among future leaders in women's reproductive health research in the United States. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Resveratrol-induced apoptotic cell death in gliomaHao Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Cancer Therapy-Induced PainPatrick Dougherty; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will therefore improve the quality of life, survival and return to productivity of hundreds of thousands of patients that are affected by this neuropathy each year. ..
- PHARMACOGENETICS OF ANTICANCER AGENTS RESEARCH GROUPMark Ratain; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Combining Anti-Angiogenesis Strategies and RadiotherapyDietmar Siemann; Fiscal Year: 2008..Experiments are designed to investigate the mechanisms underlying the interaction between such therapies and to develop approaches that would maximize the anti-tumor efficacy of such combined treatments. ..
- Shared UPLC-MS/MS for Absolute Quantitative ProteomicsPhilip Smith; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Resistance and Response Mechanisms to Prostate Cancer TherapyTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will test the effectiveness of novel treatments that exploit newly discovered targets in the laboratory and lay the foundation for human trials to develop effective prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Reversal of 5-FU Resistance by Arsenic Trioxide in Colorectal CarcinomaBach Ardalan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 2: Determine if ATO administration down regulates the expression of thymidylate synthase in tumor and in PBMC in patients receiving ATO + 5-FU. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- STUDIES OF TUBULIN-INTERACTIVE ANTICANCER DRUGSDavid Kingston; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such compounds are expected to show good tubulin polymerization and cytotoxic properties, and may thus become synthetically accessible anticancer agents. ..
- A Novel Method of Nanoparticle Delivery to Brain by Targeting Ec-gp96Mark E Davis; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Non-Viral Vectors for Liver Gene TransferFeng Liu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The therapeutic effects on the metabolic disease on phenylketonuria (PKU) mice, will be examined after the PAH gene transfer using the approach in this proposal. ..
- Identification of Anti-Viral Compounds from PlantsShiyou Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF MULTICELLULAR ORGANIZATIONDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 1999..The proposed studies will provide new insights into the role of C-CAM in the interactions of normal hepatocytes and the consequences of the loss of C-CAM during liver carcinogenesis. ..
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF MULTICELLULAR ORGANIZATIONDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 1990..These studies will provide new insight into molecular events involved in the formation of histotypic interactions and changes in these events that lead to the aberrant interactions characteristic of malignant cells...
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF MULTICELLULAR ORGANIZATIONDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 1991..These studies will provide new insight into molecular events involved in the formation of histotypic interactions and changes in these events that lead to the aberrant interactions characteristic of malignant cells...
- CLINICAL THERAPEUTICSMark Ratain; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF MULTICELLULAR ORGANIZATIONDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 1992..These studies will provide new insight into molecular events involved in the formation of histotypic interactions and changes in these events that lead to the aberrant interactions characteristic of malignant cells...
- CELLULAR ORIGINS OF LIVER CANCERDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Phase I Clinical Trials of Anti-Cancer AgentsMark Ratain; Fiscal Year: 2008..The PAAR Group is part of a larger NIH Pharmacogenetics Research Network, administered through NIGMS. The applicants will also participate in the Investigational Drug Steering Committee and its Task Forces. ..
- CELLULAR ORIGINS OF LIVER CANCERDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 1993..Identification of unique integration sites held in common between oval cells and hepatocytes, focal lesions, nodules or primary tumors will provide unequivocal evidence for precursor-product relationships...
- CELLULAR ORIGINS OF LIVER CANCERDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 1999..These studies will provide new insights into the role of hepatic progenitor cells in liver development, renewal and carcinogenesis. ..
- Genesis of Liver Carcinomas with Oval Cell TraitsDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will test the hypothesis that loss of BD.1 alters microtubule/kinetochore dynamics in a manner that promotes aneuploidy. The proposed studies will provide new insights into the role of bipotent progenitors in liver cancer. ..
- COBRE Center for Cancer Research DevelopmentDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 2009..CCRD will continue to sponsor outreach activities aimed at increasing public awareness of benefits derived from cancer research. ..
- Genesis of Liver Carcinomas with Oval Cell TraitsDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test the hypothesis that loss of BD.1 alters microtubule/kinetochore dynamics in a manner that promotes aneuploidy. The proposed studies will provide new insights into the role of bipotent progenitors in liver cancer. ..
- Prevention of reflux-induced esophageal adenocarcimona by dietary berriesRobert Martin; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will evaluate whether berries can prevent this activation. Thus, by following a two-part approach, we will be able to determine whether berries prevent EAC progression and the mechanisms involved in this prevention. ..
- Genesis of Liver Carcinomas with Oval Cell TraitsDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will test the hypothesis that loss of BD.1 alters microtubule/kinetochore dynamics in a manner that promotes aneuploidy. The proposed studies will provide new insights into the role of bipotent progenitors in liver cancer. ..
- CELLULAR ORIGINS OF LIVER CANCERDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP B--PET COMMITTEEMark Ratain; Fiscal Year: 2002..Since many of the studies include analysis of pharmacological specimens, the Committee utilizes three core laboratories--at the University of Chicago, the University of Maryland and the University of Tennessee. ..
- Genesis of Liver Carcinomas with Oval Cell TraitsDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 2003..By elucidating the role of oval cells in liver carcinogenesis, the results from these studies will provide valuable information that can be translated into new strategies for the diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of HCC. ..
- Center for Cancer Research DevelopmentDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The end result will be a Cancer Research Center of investigators with significant programmatic strengths and translational impact. ..
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF MULTICELLULAR ORGANIZATIONDouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will provide new insights into the role of C-CAM in the interactions of normal hepatocytes and the consequences of the loss of C-CAM during liver carcinogenesis. ..