Genomes and Genes
histamine h2 antagonists
Summary: Drugs that selectively bind to but do not activate histamine H2 receptors, thereby blocking the actions of histamine. Their clinically most important action is the inhibition of acid secretion in the treatment of gastrointestinal ulcers. Smooth muscle may also be affected. Some drugs in this class have strong effects in the central nervous system, but these actions are not well understood.
Publications228 found, 100 shown here
- Risk of community-acquired pneumonia and use of gastric acid-suppressive drugsRobert J F Laheij
Department of Gastroenterology, University Medical Center St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
JAMA 292:1955-60. 2004..Reduction of gastric acid secretion by acid-suppressive therapy allows pathogen colonization from the upper gastrointestinal tract. The bacteria and viruses in the contaminated stomach have been identified as species from the oral cavity...
- Use of proton pump inhibitors and H2 blockers and risk of pneumonia in older adults: a population-based case-control studySascha Dublin
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98101 1448, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 19:792-802. 2010..To examine whether use of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) and H2 blockers is associated with increased pneumonia risk...
- Proton-pump inhibitor use and the risk for community-acquired pneumoniaMonika Sarkar
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6021, USA
Ann Intern Med 149:391-8. 2008..Recent studies suggest that proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs) may increase the risk for community-acquired pneumonia (CAP)...
- Differential risk of Clostridium difficile infection with proton pump inhibitor use by level of antibiotic exposureVanessa Stevens
Center For Health Outcomes, Pharmacoinformatics, and Epidemiology, SUNY Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Buffalo, NY, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 20:1035-42. 2011....
- Role of gastroesophageal reflux symptoms in exacerbations of COPDIvan E Rascon-Aguilar
University of Florida Health Science Center Jacksonville, Division of Gastroenterology, 4555 Emerson Expressway, Suite 300, Jacksonville, FL 32207, USA
Chest 130:1096-101. 2006..The aims of this investigation were to determine the prevalence of gastroesophageal reflux (GER) symptoms in COPD patients and the effect of GER on the rate of exacerbations of COPD per year...
- The H1- and H2-histamine blockers chlorpheniramine and ranitidine applied to the nucleus basalis magnocellularis region modulate anxiety and reinforcement related processesC Privou
Institute of Physiological Psychology I and Center for Biological and Medical Research, University of Dusseldorf, Germany
Neuropharmacology 37:1019-32. 1998....
- Risk of community-acquired pneumonia and the use of statins, ace inhibitors and gastric acid suppressants: a population-based case-control studyPuja R Myles
Division of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Nottingham, Clinical Sciences Building, City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:269-75. 2009..The evidence is conflicting however. Our aim was to investigate the effect of these drugs on pneumonia using population-based data from the UK...
- Risk of Clostridium difficile diarrhea among hospital inpatients prescribed proton pump inhibitors: cohort and case-control studiesSandra Dial
Department of Critical Care, Montreal Chest Institute, QC
CMAJ 171:33-8. 2004..Reduced gastric acidity has been suggested as a risk factor, and we hypothesized that proton pump inhibitors, because of their potency, may be an independent risk factor for this problem...
- Iatrogenic gastric acid suppression and the risk of nosocomial Clostridium difficile infectionMichael D Howell
Silverman Institute for Healthcare Quality and Safety, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:784-90. 2010..The incidence and severity of Clostridium difficile infections are increasing. Acid-suppressive therapy has been suggested as a risk factor for C difficile, but this remains controversial...
- Systematic review of the risk of enteric infection in patients taking acid suppressionJennifer Leonard
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 102:2047-56; quiz 2057. 2007..There have been concerns raised about the possible association of PPIs with enteric infections...
- Long-term proton pump inhibitor therapy and risk of hip fractureYu Xiao Yang
Division of Gastroenterology, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
JAMA 296:2947-53. 2006..Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) may interfere with calcium absorption through induction of hypochlorhydria but they also may reduce bone resorption through inhibition of osteoclastic vacuolar proton pumps...
- Acid-suppressive medication use and the risk for hospital-acquired pneumoniaShoshana J Herzig
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
JAMA 301:2120-8. 2009..The use of acid-suppressive medication has been steadily increasing, particularly in the inpatient setting, despite lack of an accepted indication in the majority of these patients...
- Gastroprotective drugs in Australia: utilization patterns between 1997 and 2006 in relation to NSAID prescribingNadia Barozzi
School of Pharmacy, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Clin Ther 31:849-61. 2009..PPI prescribing increased in Australia between 1997 and 2006, and some authorities are concerned that this increase may be due to prescriptions outside the approved indications...
- Risk of Clostridium difficile infection with acid suppressing drugs and antibiotics: meta-analysisChun Shing Kwok
Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
Am J Gastroenterol 107:1011-9. 2012..We aimed to perform a systematic review of incident and recurrent CDI in PPI users, and to evaluate the relative impact of concurrent antibiotic use, or switching acid suppression to histamine-2-receptor antagonists (H2RAs)...
- Histamine enhances inhibitory avoidance memory consolidation through a H2 receptor-dependent mechanismWeber C da Silva
Centro de Memoria, Instituto de Pesquisas Biomédicas, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Neurobiol Learn Mem 86:100-6. 2006....
- Proton pump inhibitors versus histamine 2 receptor antagonists for stress ulcer prophylaxis in critically ill patients: a systematic review and meta-analysisWaleed Alhazzani
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Crit Care Med 41:693-705. 2013..Acid suppression is commonly prescribed for patients at risk of stress ulcer bleeding. Whether proton pump inhibitors are more effective than histamine 2 receptor antagonists is unclear...
- Clostridium difficile infection in an urban medical center: five-year analysis of infection rates among adult admissions and association with the use of proton pump inhibitorsSuresh Jayatilaka
Division of Gastroenterology, School of Graduate Medical Education, Seton Hall University, South Orange, NY, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 37:241-7. 2007..73, 95%CI: 0.26 to 2.06; p = 0.5520). These data suggest that the widespread prescription of PPI for stress ulcer prophylaxis in acute care facilities may contribute to the increased incidence of CDAD...
- Histaminergic H1 receptors mediate L-histidine-induced anxiety in elevated plus-maze test in miceKuchibhotla Vijaya Kumar
Neuropharmacology Unit, Division of Pharmacology, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Behav Pharmacol 18:213-7. 2007..Our results indicate that anxiogenic effects of central histaminergic system appear to be mediated prominently by activation of H1 receptors...
- Proton pump inhibitors vs. histamine 2 receptor antagonists for stress-related mucosal bleeding prophylaxis in critically ill patients: a meta-analysisAlan N Barkun
Division of Gastroenterology, McGill University Health Center, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 107:507-20; quiz 521. 2012..The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of PPIs vs. H2RAs in the prophylaxis of SRMB in critically ill adults with risk factors for bleeding...
- Cimetidine increases survival of colorectal cancer patients with high levels of sialyl Lewis-X and sialyl Lewis-A epitope expression on tumour cellsS Matsumoto
Department of Surgery, Second Teaching Hospital, School of Medicine, Fujita Health University, 3 6 10 Otohbashi, Nakagawa Ku, Nagoya 454 8509, Japan
Br J Cancer 86:161-7. 2002..0% and that of control group was 85.7% (P=n.s.)). These results clearly indicate that cimetidine treatment dramatically improved survival in colorectal cancer patients with tumour cells expressing high levels of sL(x) and sL(a)...
- Involvement of histamine receptors in the acquisition of inhibitory avoidance in Carassius auratusLuciana Pereira do Vale Cofiel
Laboratory of Neuroscience, Universidade Federal de Sao Carlos, Sao Carlos, SP Brazil
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 30:1246-50. 2006..Thus, it can be suggested that both receptors, H(1) and H(2), are involved in the acquisition of a new task in this species...
- Co-prescription of gastroprotective agents in patients taking non-selective NSAIDs or COX-2 selective inhibitors: analysis of prescriptionsL Pasina
Department of Neuroscience, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Milan, Italy
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 48:735-43. 2010....
- Cimetidine enhances immune response of HBV DNA vaccination via impairment of the regulatory function of regulatory T cellsJunpeng Wang
State Key Laboratories of Agro biotechnology, College of Biological Science, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 372:491-6. 2008..Collectively these findings suggest that CIM enhances the immune responses of HBV DNA vaccine through the stimulation of pro-inflammatory and inhibition of anti-inflammatory cytokine expression patterns...
- The effects of histaminergic agents in the central amygdala of rats in the elevated plus-maze test of anxietyMohammad Reza Zarrindast
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine and Iranian National Center for Addiction Studies, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Behav Pharmacol 16:643-9. 2005..5 microl bilateral. The results suggest that histamine may modulate anxiety via H1 but not H2 receptors in the rat central amygdala...
- Overutilization of proton pump inhibitors: a review of cost-effectiveness and risk [corrected]Joel J Heidelbaugh
Department of Family Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 104:S27-32. 2009....
- Cimetidine-induced vascular cell apoptosis impairs testicular microvasculature in adult ratsFlávia L Beltrame
Department of Morphology and Genetics, Federal University of Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Histol Histopathol 27:1343-51. 2012..A possible antagonist effect of cimetidine on the H₂ receptors and/or androgen receptors in the vascular cells may be responsible for the impairment of the testicular microvasculature...
- Does famotidine enhance tumor infiltrating lymphocytes in breast cancer? Results of a randomized prospective pilot studyRajinder Parshad
Department of Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Acta Oncol 41:362-5. 2002..01). This study suggests that famotidine enhances tumor infiltrating lymphocytes in breast cancer and might have potential as an immunomodulator. A larger confirmatory study is suggested...
- Cimetidine inhibits salivary gland tumor cell adhesion to neural cells and induces apoptosis by blocking NCAM expressionMasakatsu Fukuda
Second Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Department of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Sciences, Meikai University School of Dentistry, 1 1 Keyakidai, Sakado, Saitama 350 0283, Japan
BMC Cancer 8:376. 2008..We further demonstrated that cimetidine inhibited NCAM expression and induced apoptosis in HSG cells. Here, we investigated the effects of cimetidine on growth and perineural/neural invasion of salivary gland tumor cells...
- Roxatidine suppresses inflammatory responses via inhibition of NF-κB and p38 MAPK activation in LPS-induced RAW 264.7 macrophagesEu Jin Cho
Department of Pharmaceutical Biochemistry, College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
J Cell Biochem 112:3648-59. 2011..Taken together, these results indicate that the anti-inflammatory properties of roxatidine in LPS-treated RAW 264.7 macrophages are mediated by the inhibition of NF-κB transcriptional activity and the p38 MAP kinase pathway...
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux diseasePaul Moayyedi
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, McMaster University Medical Centre, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Lancet 367:2086-100. 2006..The role of endoscopic therapy is uncertain. Anti-reflux surgery is probably as effective as PPI therapy although there is a low operative mortality and morbidity...
- Famotidine for the prevention of peptic ulcers and oesophagitis in patients taking low-dose aspirin (FAMOUS): a phase III, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialAli S Taha
Gastroenterology Unit, Crosshouse Hospital, University of Glasgow, Kilmarnock, UK
Lancet 374:119-25. 2009..We therefore investigated the efficacy of famotidine, a well-tolerated histamine H(2)-receptor antagonist, in the prevention of peptic ulcers and erosive oesophagitis in patients receiving low-dose aspirin for vascular protection...
- Nonerosive reflux disease--current concepts and dilemmasR Fass
Section of Gastroenterology, Southern Arizona VA Health Care System and University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 96:303-14. 2001..Treatment with acid inhibitory agents is effective, and proton pump inhibitors are the most effective form of therapy...
- Proton pump inhibitors, histamine H2 receptor antagonists, and other antacid medications and the risk of fractureP Vestergaard
The Osteoporosis Clinic, Aarhus Amtssygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, DK 8000, Aarhus C, Denmark
Calcif Tissue Int 79:76-83. 2006..In all cases, the changes in risk estimates were small and the clinical significance was limited...
- Gastric acid suppression and risk of oesophageal and gastric adenocarcinoma: a nested case control study in the UKL A Garcia Rodriguez
Department of Surgery, P9 03, Karolinska University Hospital, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Gut 55:1538-44. 2006..Gastric acid suppressing drugs (that is, histamine(2) receptor antagonists and proton pump inhibitors) could affect the risk of oesophageal or gastric adenocarcinoma but few studies are available...
- Clinical outcome and influencing factors of a new short-term quadruple therapy for Helicobacter pylori eradication: a randomized controlled trial (MACLOR study)Gerhard Treiber
Department of Gastroenterology Hepatology, University Hospital of Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Arch Intern Med 162:153-60. 2002..Short-term therapies for eradicating Helicobacter pylori in selected patients might offer advantages in terms of costs, compliance, and adverse effects in contrast to standard 1-week triple therapy...
- Vitamin B(12) deficiency associated with histamine(2)-receptor antagonists and a proton-pump inhibitorJ Mark Ruscin
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262 0001, USA
Ann Pharmacother 36:812-6. 2002..To report a case of vitamin B(12) deficiency associated with long-term use (approximately 4 1/2 y) of histamine(2) (H(2))-receptor antagonists and a proton-pump inhibitor (PPI) in a patient with gastroesophageal reflux...
- Proton pump inhibitor use and risk of colorectal cancer: a population-based, case-control studyDouglas J Robertson
VA Medical Center, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Gastroenterology 133:755-60. 2007....
- Histaminergic signaling in the central nervous system of Daphnia and a role for it in the control of phototactic behaviorMatthew D McCoole
Department of Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, University of Louisiana at Monroe, 700 University Avenue, Monroe, LA 71209, USA
J Exp Biol 214:1773-82. 2011..Taken collectively, our results show that an extensive histaminergic system is present in Daphnia species, including the visual system, and that this amine is involved in the control of phototaxis in these animals...
- Histamine inhibits the production of interleukin-12 through interaction with H2 receptorsT C van der Pouw Kraan
CLB, Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation, Department of Auto Immune Diseases, Laboratory for Experimental and Clinical Immunology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, 1066CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 102:1866-73. 1998..The observation that histamine strongly reduces the production of the Th1-inducing cytokine IL-12 implies a positive feedback mechanism for the development of Th2 responses in atopic patients...
- A new mechanism for anti-inflammatory actions of proton pump inhibitors--inhibitory effects on neutrophil-endothelial cell interactionsN Yoshida
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 14:74-81. 2000..Neutrophil-endothelial cell interactions mediated by adhesion molecules may be involved in gastric mucosal inflammation associated with Helicobacter pylori or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs...
- A comparison of two prophylactic regimens for hypersensitivity reactions to paclitaxelJanice S Kwon
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1A1, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 84:420-5. 2002....
- Acid-suppressive medications and risk of bone loss and fracture in older adultsElaine W Yu
Endocrine Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Thier 1101, 50 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 83:251-9. 2008..The use of PPIs in older women, and perhaps older men with low calcium intake, may be associated with a modestly increased risk of nonspine fracture...
- A case-control study on adverse effects: H2 blocker or proton pump inhibitor use and risk of vitamin B12 deficiency in older adultsRobert J Valuck
School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E 9th Ave, C 238, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:422-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine the possible association between use of prescription histamine H-2 receptor antagonists (H2RA) or proton pump inhibitors (PPI) and vitamin B(12) deficiency in older adults...
- Meta-analysis: proton pump inhibitor or H2-receptor antagonist for Helicobacter pylori eradicationD Y Graham
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:1229-36. 2003..To compare H2-receptor antagonists and proton pump inhibitors as adjuvants to triple therapy for Helicobacter pylori eradication...
- [Effect of maintenance therapy by H2RA on the recurrence of gastric and duodenal ulcer and on the occurrence of reflux esophagitis, gastric erosions, and duodenal erosions after H. pylori eradication]Shingo Maeyama
Department of Gastroenterology, Osaka Rosai Hospital
Nihon Rinsho 63:512-5. 2005
- Fracture risk in patients receiving acid-suppressant medication alone and in combination with bisphosphonatesF De Vries
Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universiteit Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Osteoporos Int 20:1989-98. 2009..Positive associations were observed for any hip and vertebral fracture. The effect size was modest; however, the significance lies in the widespread prescribing of acid suppressants...
- Histamine potently suppresses human IL-12 and stimulates IL-10 production via H2 receptorsI J Elenkov
Arthritis and Rheumatism Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 161:2586-93. 1998....
- Lafutidine, a newly developed antiulcer drug, elevates postprandial intragastric pH and increases plasma calcitonin gene-related peptide and somatostatin concentrations in humans: comparisons with famotidineTomohiko Shimatani
Department of General Medicine, Hiroshima University Hospital, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 51:114-20. 2006..We concluded that lafutidine increases plasma concentrations of CGRP and somatostatin in humans, which may result in inhibition of postprandial acid secretion and gastroprotective activity...
- Anti-ulcer drugs promote IgE formation toward dietary antigens in adult patientsEva Untersmayr
Center of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
FASEB J 19:656-8. 2005..In line with our previous animal experiments, our data strongly suggest that anti-ulcer treatment primes the development of IgE toward dietary compounds in long-term acid-suppressed patients...
- Effect of lafutidine, a histamine H2-receptor antagonist, on gastric mucosal blood flow and duodenal HCO3- secretion in rats: relation to capsaicin-sensitive afferent neuronsHiroshi Mimaki
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 47:2696-703. 2002..The luminal H+ itself is not a ligand for the RT-sensitive site of VR1 but plays a modulator role in the CSN-mediated physiological responses...
- Gastro-protective action of lafutidine mediated by capsaicin-sensitive afferent neurons without interaction with TRPV1 and involvement of endogenous prostaglandinsKazuhiro Fukushima
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Yamashina, Kyoto 607, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 12:3031-7. 2006..We compared the effect between lafutidine and capsaicin, with respect to the interaction with endogenous prostaglandins (PG), nitric oxide (NO) and the afferent neurons, including transient receptor potential vanilloid subtype 1 (TRPV1)...
- Cimetidine, an unexpected anti-tumor agent, and its potential for the treatment of glioblastoma (review)Florence Lefranc
Department of Neurosurgery, Erasmus University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Int J Oncol 28:1021-30. 2006....
- Primary-care physicians' perceptions and practices on the management of GERD: results of a national surveyWilliam D Chey
University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 49109 0362, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 100:1237-42. 2005..Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is frequently managed by primary-care physicians (PCPs) although little is known about their current practices and management patterns...
- Histamine H1 and H2 receptor antagonists accelerate skin barrier repair and prevent epidermal hyperplasia induced by barrier disruption in a dry environmentY Ashida
Skin Biology Research Laboratories, Life Science Research Center, Shiseido Research Center, 2 12 1 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 8643, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 116:261-5. 2001..In conclusion, both the histamine H1 and H2 receptors in the epidermis are involved in skin barrier function and the cutaneous condition of epidermal hyperplasia...
- Effects of a novel histamine H2-receptor antagonist, lafutidine, on the mucus barrier of human gastric mucosaTakafumi Ichikawa
Department of Biochemistry, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1800-5. 2007..Previous human studies have not assessed its gastroprotective effects. The purpose of the present study was to determine the effects of lafutidine on the human gastric mucus layer using both histological and biochemical methods...
- Inhibition of neutrophil activation by lafutidine, an H2-receptor antagonist, through enhancement of sensory neuron activation contributes to the reduction of stress-induced gastric mucosal injury in ratsNaoaki Harada
Department of Biodefense Medicine, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 52:469-77. 2007..These observations suggest that lafutidine might reduce WIR-induced gastric mucosal injury not only by inhibiting acid secretion but also by inhibiting neutrophil activation through enhancement of sensory neuron activation...
- Ranitidine and cimetidine differ in their in vitro and in vivo effects on human colonic cancer growthJ A Lawson
UNSW Department of Surgery, The St George Hospital, Kogarah Sydney, Australia
Br J Cancer 73:872-6. 1996..LIM2412, another colonic cancer cell line, was significantly stimulated by both cimetidine and ranitidine in vivo. Ranitidine had no effect on in vitro cell proliferation...
- Effect of proton pump inhibitors and H2 antagonists on the stomach wall in 99mTc-sestamibi cardiac imagingSumina Goel
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
J Nucl Med Technol 37:240-3. 2009..We prospectively evaluated the frequency of stomach wall uptake in patients undergoing myocardial perfusion SPECT who were taking PPIs or H(2) antagonists...
- An effective and more convenient drug regimen for prophylaxis against paclitaxel-associated hypersensitivity reactionsM Markman
Department of Hematology Medical Oncology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 125:427-9. 1999....
- Science review: The use of proton pump inhibitors for gastric acid suppression in critical illnessStephen Brett
Department of Anaesthetics and Intensive Care, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Crit Care 9:45-50. 2005..This review seeks to present the pharmacological evidence that may inform decision-making about the prescription of drugs for prophylaxis of SRMD...
- Does cimetidine improve prospects for cancer patients?. A reappraisal of the evidence to dateC P Siegers
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical University of Lubeck, Germany
Digestion 60:415-21. 1999..Since then, several studies have appeared which suggest an anticancer activity for cimetidine, although few attempts have been made to corroborate their findings in large, placebo-controlled, double-blind studies...
- Gastroprotective mechanism of lafutidine, a novel anti-ulcer drug with histamine H2-receptor antagonistic activityS Onodera
Pharmaceuticals Research Laboratories, Fujirebio Inc, Tokyo, Japan
Arzneimittelforschung 49:519-26. 1999....
- Effect and cost-effectiveness of step-up versus step-down treatment with antacids, H2-receptor antagonists, and proton pump inhibitors in patients with new onset dyspepsia (DIAMOND study): a primary-care-based randomised controlled trialCorine J Van Marrewijk
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, Netherlands
Lancet 373:215-25. 2009..We compared step-up and step-down treatment strategies for initial management of patients with new onset dyspepsia in primary care...
- Stress ulcer prophylaxis in critically ill patients: a randomized controlled trialIlona Kantorova
Traumatological Hospital Brno, Research Center for Traumatology and Surgery, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 51:757-61. 2004..There are conflicting data on the efficacy and complication rates of various prophylactic regimens...
- Proton pump inhibitors and risk of gastric cancer: a population-based cohort studyA H Poulsen
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Br J Cancer 100:1503-7. 2009....
- Protective effect of lafutidine, a novel histamine H2-receptor antagonist, on dextran sulfate sodium-induced colonic inflammation through capsaicin-sensitive afferent neurons in ratsMitsuaki Okayama
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 49:1696-704. 2004..This action might be attributable at least partly to the enhancement of colonic mucus secretion...
- Prospective, double-blind, placebo-controlled randomized trial of cimetidine in gastric cancer. British Stomach Cancer GroupM J Langman
Department of Medicine, CRC Institute for Cancer Studies, Clinical Research Block, The Medical School, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Br J Cancer 81:1356-62. 1999..Cimetidine at a dose of 400 mg or 800 mg twice a day does not have a significant influence on the survival of patients with gastric cancer compared to placebo...
- Efficacy and tolerability of 20 mg pantoprazole versus 300 mg ranitidine in patients with mild reflux-oesophagitis: a randomized, double-blind, parallel, and multicentre studyJ H Van Zyl
Department of Medicine and Gastroenterology at University of The Orange Free State, Bloemfontein, South Africa
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 12:197-202. 2000....
- Intravenous proton-pump inhibitors versus H2-antagonists for treatment of GI bleedingRebecca M Huggins
Department of Pharmacy, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Ann Pharmacother 37:433-7. 2003..To evaluate the evidence supporting the use of intravenous proton-pump inhibitors in the treatment of gastrointestinal (GI) hemorrhage in comparison with histamine(2) (H(2))-receptor antagonists...
- H(2) antagonist-induced thrombocytopenia: is this a real phenomenon?Emily E Wade
Department of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 304 Scaife Hall, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Intensive Care Med 28:459-65. 2002..We evaluate the literature to better define thrombocytopenia related to H(2) antagonist administration and discuss mechanism, potential as a risk factor and case reports describing the severity and duration of thrombocytopenia...
- Standard-dose lansoprazole is more effective than high-dose ranitidine in achieving endoscopic healing and symptom relief in patients with moderately severe reflux oesophagitis. The Dutch Lansoprazole Study GroupJ B Jansen
Department of Gastroenterology, Academic Hospital Nijmegen St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 13:1611-20. 1999..In an attempt to compensate for the lower efficacy, H2-receptor antagonists are now increasingly being used at a higher dose...
- Current guidelines on stress ulcer prophylaxisM Tryba
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, University Hospital Bergmannsheil, Bochum, Germany
Drugs 54:581-96. 1997..The clinical relevance of nosocomial pneumonia due to gastric bacterial overgrowth has decreased during the past decade due to several changes in the management of critically ill patients...
- Carrier-mediated uptake of H2-receptor antagonists by the rat choroid plexus: involvement of rat organic anion transporter 3Yoshinori Nagata
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Drug Metab Dispos 32:1040-7. 2004..These results suggest that rOat3 is the most likely candidate transporter involved in regulating the CSF concentration of H(2)-receptor antagonists at the CP...
- [Eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection in Europe: a meta-analysis based on congress abstracts, 1997-2002]György Miklós Buzás
Ferencvárosi Egészségügyi Szolgálat, Gasztroenterológia
Orv Hetil 145:2035-41. 2004..Meta-analyses evaluated several aspects of Helicobacter pylori eradication based on the randomised controlled trials...
- The effect of H2-receptor antagonist and proton pump inhibitor on microbial proliferation in the stomachKun Wang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Cardinal Tien Hospital and School of Medicine Fu Jen Catholic University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Hepatogastroenterology 51:1540-3. 2004..The purpose of this study was to investigate the microbial condition of the stomach in patients who received H2-receptor antagonist or proton pump inhibitor...
- Heartburn-dominant, uninvestigated dyspepsia: a comparison of 'PPI-start' and 'H2-RA-start' management strategies in primary care--the CADET-HR StudyD Armstrong
Division of Gastroenterology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:1189-202. 2005..There are few data on empiric, stepped therapy for heartburn relief or subsequent relapse in primary care...
- [PPI: new strategies for GERD]Etsuo Hoshino
Department of Internal Medicine, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research
Nihon Rinsho 62:1570-6. 2004..A small number of GERD patients resistant to PPI therapy may be due to nocturnal acid breakthrough (NAB) or rapid metabolism of PPI (extensive metabolizer for CYP2C19)...
- Effects of ranitidine, famotidine, pantoprazole, and omeprazole on intragastric pH in dogsAlexa M E Bersenas
Department of Clinical Studies, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
Am J Vet Res 66:425-31. 2005..To identify the normal gastric acid secretion profile in dogs and determine the degree of gastric acid suppression associated with 4 gastric acid suppressants...
- The effect of rabeprazole alone or in combination with H2 receptor blocker on intragastric pH: a pilot studyMurat Toruner
Department of Gastroenterology, Ankara University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 15:225-8. 2004..The aim of our study was to evaluate the effects of proton pump inhibitors alone or in combination with H2 receptor blockers on gastric acidity with 24-hour gastric pH monitoring...
- [Treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease]Laszlo Herszenyi
Semmelweis Egyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, II Belgyógyászati Klinika, Budapest
Orv Hetil 144:2571-3. 2003
- [Bronchial asthma and gastroesophageal reflux disease: are they interrelated by chance?]N R Paleev
Klin Med (Mosk) 83:9-14. 2005
- Effects of cimetidine-like drugs on recombinant GABAA receptorsKeri E Cannon
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College MC 136, 47 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12206, USA
Life Sci 75:2551-8. 2004....
- Alteration of intracellular histamine H2 receptor cycling precedes antagonist-induced upregulationSatoshi Osawa
First Dept of Medicine, Hamamatsu Univ School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamatsu 431 3192, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 289:G880-9. 2005..These findings suggested that upon exposure to an antagonist (inverse agonist), the equilibrium between receptor endocytosis and recycling is altered before H2R upregulation, probably via suppressing H2R degradation...
- [Modern attitude towards management of laryngopharyngeal form of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Lithuanian clinical practice guidelines for adults]Nora Siupsinskiene
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Kaunas University of Medicine, Kaunas, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 43:832-9. 2007..Combined therapy for nonresponders is described. Algorithm for stopping the medication is recommended. These recommendations may provide an efficient and economical approach to the management of this problem...
- In vitro availability studies of enoxacin in presence of H2 receptor antagonistsM Saeed Arayne
Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 20:235-43. 2007....
- [Safety of proton pump inhibitors]Juan V Esplugues
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultat de Medicina i Odontologia, Universitat de Valencia, Valencia, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 127:790-5. 2006..After two decades of use, PPIs have proved to be very effective and safe drugs...
- Fosinopril H(2)-receptor antagonists interaction studies by derivative spectroscopyNajma Sultana
Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 20:19-25. 2007....
- In vitro interactions of captopril with H2-receptor antagonistsNajma Sultana
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 20:132-9. 2007..As a result, the availability of captopril was affected by the concurrent administration of H2-receptor antagonists. Accordingly coadministration of both the drugs should be avoided...
- Spectrophotometric determination of H(2)-receptor antagonists via their oxidation with cerium(IV)Ibrahim A Darwish
Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Assiut University, Assiut 71526, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:33-40. 2008..3-102.6+/-0.57-1.90%) without interference from the common excipients. The results obtained by the proposed method were comparable with those obtained by the official methods...
- [Pharmacological efficacy of bismuth tripotassium dicitrate in peptic ulcer]Iu B Belousov
Ter Arkh 79:58-66. 2007
- Comparison of the kinetic characteristics of inhibitory effects exerted by biguanides and H2-blockers on human and rat organic cation transporter-mediated transport: Insight into the development of drug candidatesK I Umehara
Drug Metabolism Research Laboratories, Drug Discovery Research, Azusawa, Tokyo, Japan
Xenobiotica 37:618-34. 2007..The acquisition of information on OCT/Oct mediated-transport and/or inhibition such as that presented in this report is very useful for further understanding of certain aspects of uptake, distribution, and excretion for drug candidates...
- Simple and universal HPLC-UV method to determine cimetidine, ranitidine, famotidine and nizatidine in urine: application to the analysis of ranitidine and its metabolites in human volunteersDiane A I Ashiru
Department of Pharmaceutics, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, UK
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 860:235-40. 2007..The assay was successfully applied to a human volunteer study using ranitidine as the model compound...
- Relationship between histamine2-receptor antagonist medications and risk of invasive breast cancerRobert W Mathes
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:67-72. 2008..The few previous studies evaluating this association have been null but have been limited by small sample sizes, and none have evaluated risk by either histologic type or estrogen receptor/progesterone receptor status...
- [The effect of H2 receptor blockers on renal function. An attempt to accurately measure glomerular filtration]Waldemar Motyl
Z Oddziału Wewnetrznego Szpitala Powiatowego w Drawsku Pomorskim, ul Bolesława Chrobrego 4, 78 500 Drawsko Pomorskie
Ann Acad Med Stetin 50:97-105. 2004..The present findings suggest that the full dose of cimetidine is capable of inhibiting tubular transport of creatinine and thus may improve the accuracy of creatinine clearance measurements for the study of renal function...
- Nasal pain disrupting sleep as a presenting symptom of extraesophageal acid reflux in childrenSeckin Ulualp
Department of Otolaryngology, University at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences and the Women and Children s Hospital, 219 Bryant Street, Buffalo, NY 14209, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 69:1555-7. 2005..This is the first report documenting nasal pain resolved with acid suppressive therapy in a child with EERD. The incidence and pathogenesis of EERD induced nasal symptoms in children merits further investigation...
- The efficacy of preanesthetic proton pump inhibitor treatment for patients on long-term H2 antagonist therapyKazuyoshi Hirota
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Hirosaki School of Medicine, Hirosaki 036 8563, Japan
Anesth Analg 101:1038-41, table of contents. 2005..05) were at risk. These data suggest that in patients receiving H2-antagonist therapy for longer than 4 wk, prophylaxis for acid aspiration pneumonia should include preanesthetic PPI medication...
- Continuous infusion interleukin-2 and antihistamines in metastatic kidney cancerPaul R Walker
Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Medical University of Ohio at Toledo, Ruppert Center, 3120 Glendale Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 20:487-90. 2005..In this study of CIV IL-2 and antihistamines, this combination appears to be active in metastatic kidney cancer. There appears to be no negative effect of antihistamine on the CIV IL-2 response rate in this disease...
- "Proton-pump inhibitor-first" strategy versus "step-up" strategy for the acute treatment of reflux esophagitis: a cost-effectiveness analysis in JapanYasuki Habu
Department of Gastroenterology, Saiseikai Noe Hospital, 2 2 33 Imafuku Higashi Joto ku, Osaka 536 0002, Japan
J Gastroenterol 40:1029-35. 2005..e., proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs), can be given first, or histamine H2-receptor antagonists (H2RAs) can be attempted first (the "step-up" approach)...
- [A randomized, prospective, comparative, multicenter study of rabeprazole and ranitidine in the treatment of reflux esophagitis]Hyun Yong Jeong
Department of Internal Medicine, Chungnam National University College of Medicine, Chungnam, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 47:15-21. 2006..This study was done to evaluate the efficacy of rabeprazole (proton-pump-inhibitor) and ranitidine (H(2)-receptor antagonist) in the symptom relief and treatment of erosive esophagitis diagnosed by endoscopy...
- Histamine signaling through the H(2) receptor in the Peyer's patch is important for controlling Yersinia enterocolitica infectionScott A Handley
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9268-73. 2006..In this study, we provide evidence that histamine signaling through the histamine H(2) but not the H(1) receptor is important for controlling Y. enterocolitica infection within the Peyer's patches and mesenteric lymph nodes of mice...
- In vitro availability of metformin in presence of h(2) receptor antagonistsNajma Sultana
Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 19:28-34. 2006..On the other hand, increase in metformin concentration may result in hypoglycemic effects...
- CASE-CONTROL SURVEILLANCE OF SERIOUS ILLNESSES AND DRUGSLynn Rosenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..One focus of CCS analyses will be the relation of the widely used drug classes, statins, histamine H2 antagonists, and selective serotonin uptake inhibitors, to risk of common cancers...
- NSAIDS and Other Medications in Prostate Cancer EtiologyJanet Stanford; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results of the study may provide unique insights on the pathogenesis of this complex disease and lead to innovative strategies for prostate cancer prevention. ..
- THE GASTRIC ACID PUMP AS A TARGET FOR ULCER TREATMENTGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of the proposed research will further improve the agents used for the treatment of acid-related diseases and also our knowledge of the ATPase and cellular events involved in regulation of its activity. ..
- GASTRIC ENTEROCHROMAFFIN-LIKE CELL IN ULCER DISEASEGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Hence this approach will provide additional insights into mechanisms of regulation of gastric secretion and enable illuminated interpretation of the pathophysiology of peptic ulcer disease. ..
- HISTAMINERGIC MECHANISMS OF ANTINOCICEPTIONLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- NON-OPIOID ANALGESICS DERIVED FROM IMPROGANLINDSAY HOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These experiments will help to discover the mechanism of action of this novel class of agents, and lead to the development of new pharmacotherapies for pain. ..
- Surveillance for Hepatocellular Carcinoma among HCV-infected VeteransHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2009..Evaluating the extent and patterns of HCC surveillance is crucial in understanding diffusion (and obstacles) of this practice and in designing interventions to improve the implementation of HCC surveillance. ..
- Gene Expression in Barrett's EsophagusHashem El Serag; Fiscal Year: 2006..We present preliminary data on microarray and RT-PCRanalyses on 5 patients with BE that suggest an overactive Wnt pathway: we have also assembled the essential components of a successful study using microarrays. ..
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Interleukin and the Magnocellular Neuroendocrine SystemJoan Summy Long; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- The Perception of Cancer Risk in Patients with Barrett's EsophagusNicholas Shaheen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The resultant study application will assess health-related quality of life, health-related anxiety and healthcare utilization as outcomes. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ALPHA 2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL IN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROMEMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Significance: This project will characterize pharmacogenetic mechanisms determining the response to clonidine through studies of candidate genes that control alpha2-adrenoreceptor function and norepinephrine transport in IBS. ..
- Cannabinoid Mechanisms in Human Gastrointestinal Motor and Sensory FunctionsMICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..These actions may be relevant to develop new treatments for IBS. The studies will also provide further understanding of the potential of medications like medical marijuana on stomach function that may be relevant to appetite control. ..
- The CASCADE Study: End-of-Life in Advanced DementiaSusan Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Enteric flora modulates the development of colitisAlbert Jergens; Fiscal Year: 2008..g., graduate students and postdoctoral fellow). There are ample opportunities to attend seminars, journal clubs and work-in-progress research meetings during which the applicant can become engaged in scientific discussions. ..
- Prophylactic Phenobarbital After Resolution of Neonatal SeizuresRonnie Guillet; Fiscal Year: 2010..This clinical trial is designed to help answer that question and provide data that will help determine standard of care for these children. ..
- The ADEPT Study: Estimating Prognosis in Advanced DementiaSusan Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, the information derived from this study has the potential to make important clinical, research and policy-relevant contributions to the care of older persons with dementia at the end-of-life. ..
- Naturally occurring T regulatory cells control airway hyperresponsivenessErwin Gelfand; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Urban Form on Exercise and BMI in Black WomenPatricia Coogan; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed study has the potential to provide such evidence and to impact policy in the domains of both transportation/urban planning and public health. ..
- Steroid Hormone Genes and Ovarian Cancer RiskMary Anne Rossing; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study, by expanding our knowledge of the role of progestogens, estrogens, and androgens in the development of ovarian cancer, will inform efforts to develop effective strategies to prevent this disease. ..
- Epidemiology and Incidence of Barrett's EsophagusDOUGLAS ALLEN CORLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study explores how hormones associated with body fat may change the way the body heals after an injury, and increase the risk of cells developing precancerous changes. ..
- Cognitive Pathways to DisabilityMichelle Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Tube-feeding in Elderly: Decision-making and OutcomesSusan Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2003..By the end of the award period the applicant will have the skills, experience and research track record necessary to become an independent investigator and leader in academic geriatrics. ..
- Use of Antidepressants and Risk of Breast CancerMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., SSRIs or tricyclics), and individual drugs such as fluoxetine and paroxetine. Use of the pharmacy database will provide unbiased and complete exposure data relative to previous studies based on self-reported drug use. ..
- BENZODIAZEPINE USE AND RISK OF DISABILITY IN THE ELDERLYShelly Gray; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- MEKK2 Regulation of Mast Cell/T Cell Cytokine ProductionErwin Gelfand; Fiscal Year: 2003..The studies will also define MEKK2 and ERK5 as targets for drug discovery for the control of allergic inflammation. ..
- NOVEL THERAPIES FOR ACETAMINOPHEN TOXICITYLaura James; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- A MICROSURGICAL INVESTIGATION OF GASTRIC ACID SECRETIONJohn Geibel; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CASE CONTROL STUDY OF STATIN USE AND LARGE BOWEL CANCERPatricia Coogan; Fiscal Year: 2004..S. men and women are high, an inverse association would be of considerable public health importance. Moreover, it would shed light on a mechanism of colon carcinogenesis. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF SMOKING CESSATION--GENETIC INFLUENCESMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the future, such knowledge may allow the identification of subgroups of individuals who are most likely to benefit from particular pharmacologic interventions. ..
- THE ROLE OF MYCOBACTERIA IN CROHN'S DISEASEDavid Graham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study should either confirm or refute the proposed etiologic association of M. paratuberculosis and Crohn's disease as well as the identification of patients with Crohn's disease and M. paratuberculosis. ..
- Epidemiologic Case-control Study of Barrett's EsophagusNicholas Shaheen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, by comparing subjects with Barrett's to controls with reflux, and controlling for severs of reflux, the impact of a Barrett's diagnosis on quality of life and psychological stress may be seen. ..
- SAMe Inhibits Inflammatory-mediated Enhanced ToxicityJANE MADDOX; Fiscal Year: 2003..Moreover, they may provide evidence for development of related therapeutic compounds. ..
- Evaluation of a Biomarker for Acetaminophen ToxicityLaura James; Fiscal Year: 2005..The data generated from this study will lead to enhanced recognition of APAP hepatotoxicity, thus allowing for better identification of "at risk" populations and the creation of prevention strategies. ..
- Treatment after Resolution of Neonatal SeizuresRonnie Guillet; Fiscal Year: 2006..The personnel and resources of the Network will be available for consultation and collaboration during the planning phase, as well as for initiation and performance of the RCT. ..
- Epidemiology of Ovarian Cancer:New HypothesesMARY ROSSING; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PROSTAGLANDIN SIGNALING IN FEMALE REPRODUCTIONJohn Reese; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of these experiments will enhance the understanding of maternal-fetal PG signaling, and are likely to provide new insights into premature or dysfunctional labor in women. ..
- Mechanisms of Ductus Arteriosus RegulationJOHN JEFFREY REESE; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will examine new roles for prostaglandins and their relationship with other vasoactive mediators during development. ..
- Enhancing Care for Hospitalized Older Adults with CIMalaz Boustani; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Alzheimer Screening in Primary Care: PRISM-PC StudyMalaz Boustani; Fiscal Year: 2009..Future directions: We anticipate that participants'responses could guide the design of specific counseling and educational interventions to overcome a patients'reluctance to accept dementia screening. ..