Genomes and Genes
Summary: Compounds or agents that combine with cyclooxygenase (PROSTAGLANDIN-ENDOPEROXIDE SYNTHASES) and thereby prevent its substrate-enzyme combination with arachidonic acid and the formation of eicosanoids, prostaglandins, and thromboxanes.
Publications394 found, 100 shown here
- Acetaminophen (paracetamol) is a selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor in manBurkhard Hinz
Institute of Toxicology and Pharmacology, University of Rostock, Schillingallee 70, D 18057 Rostock, Germany
FASEB J 22:383-90. 2008..In view of its substantial COX-2 inhibition, recently defined cardiovascular warnings for use of COX-2 inhibitors should also be considered for acetaminophen...
- Strategies to optimize treatment with NSAIDs in patients at risk for gastrointestinal and cardiovascular adverse eventsJames M Scheiman
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Clin Ther 32:667-77. 2010..However, NSAIDs have been associated with gastrointestinal (GI) toxicity. The cardiovascular (CV) toxicity associated with COX-2 inhibitors and some other NSAIDs further complicates the choice of therapy...
- Cyclooxygenases: structural, cellular, and molecular biologyW L Smith
Department of Biochemistry, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Annu Rev Biochem 69:145-82. 2000..We further examine the evidence for independent signaling by PGHS-1 and PGHS-2, and the complex mechanisms for regulation of PGHS-2 gene expression...
- Effect of aspirin on long-term risk of colorectal cancer: consistent evidence from randomised and observational studiesEnrico Flossmann
Stroke Prevention Research Unit, University Department of Clinical Neurology, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford OX2 6HE, UK
Lancet 369:1603-13. 2007..However, the delay from the early development of adenoma to presentation with cancer is at least 10 years. We aimed to assess the longer-term effect of aspirin on the incidence of cancers...
- Prostaglandins and cancerD Wang
The Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Room 698, Preston Research Building, 2300 Pierce Ave, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6838, USA
Gut 55:115-22. 2006..Recent efforts to identify the molecular mechanisms by which PGE(2) promotes tumour growth and metastasis may provide opportunities for the development of safer strategies for cancer prevention and treatment...
- Celecoxib for the prevention of colorectal adenomatous polypsNadir Arber
Integrated Cancer Prevention Center, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
N Engl J Med 355:885-95. 2006..Overexpression of cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2) has been associated with colorectal adenomatous polyps and cancer, prompting researchers to propose its inhibition as a chemopreventive intervention...
- Celecoxib versus omeprazole and diclofenac in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (CONDOR): a randomised trialFrancis K L Chan
Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Lancet 376:173-9. 2010..We aimed to compare risk of gastrointestinal events associated with celecoxib versus diclofenac slow release plus omeprazole...
- Impaired mucosal defense to acute colonic injury in mice lacking cyclooxygenase-1 or cyclooxygenase-2O Morteau
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Clin Invest 105:469-78. 2000....
- Tumor cyclooxygenase-2/prostaglandin E2-dependent promotion of FOXP3 expression and CD4+ CD25+ T regulatory cell activities in lung cancerSherven Sharma
Department of Medicine, Lung Cancer Research Program, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1960, USA
Cancer Res 65:5211-20. 2005..Transfer of Treg cells or administration of PGE2 to mice receiving COX-2 inhibitors reversed these effects. We conclude that inhibition of COX-2/PGE2 suppresses Treg cell activity and enhances antitumor responses...
- Biological basis for the cardiovascular consequences of COX-2 inhibition: therapeutic challenges and opportunitiesTilo Grosser
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics and Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Invest 116:4-15. 2006....
- Anti-inflammatory cembranoids from the soft corals Sinularia querciformis and Sinularia granosaYi Lu
Department of Marine Biotechnology and Resources, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung 804, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Nat Prod 71:1754-9. 2008..However, compounds 3, 7, and 8 significantly inhibited the accumulation of the pro-inflammatory iNOS and COX-2 proteins in LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophage cells...
- Low-dose aspirin in the primary prevention of cancer: the Women's Health Study: a randomized controlled trialNancy R Cook
Division of Preventive Medicine, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
JAMA 294:47-55. 2005..Basic research and observational evidence as well as results from trials of colon polyp recurrence suggest a role for aspirin in the chemoprevention of cancer...
- Colorectal cancer prevention and treatment by inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2R A Gupta
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232-2279, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 1:11-21. 2001..Recent studies in humans indicate that therapy with specific COX-2 inhibitors might be an effective approach to colorectal cancer prevention and treatment...
- Arginase I in myeloid suppressor cells is induced by COX-2 in lung carcinomaPaulo C Rodriguez
Tumor Immunology Program, Stanley S Scott Cancer Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
J Exp Med 202:931-9. 2005..Furthermore, an addition of arginase I represents a clinical approach to enhance the therapeutic potential of cancer immunotherapies...
- Role of COX-2 in epithelial-stromal cell interactions and progression of ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastMin Hu
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:3372-7. 2009....
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, including cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitors, in osteoarthritic knee pain: meta-analysis of randomised placebo controlled trialsJan Magnus Bjordal
Department of Public Health and Primary Health Care, University of Bergen, 5018 Bergen, Norway
BMJ 329:1317. 2004..To estimate the analgesic efficacy of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), including selective cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitors (coxibs), in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee...
- Approaches to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use in the high-risk patientL Laine
University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Gastroenterology 120:594-606. 2001..This review discusses the risks of clinical GI disease in NSAID users, the predictors of increased risk, and strategies for prevention of NSAID-associated GI disease...
- Use of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs: an update for clinicians: a scientific statement from the American Heart AssociationElliott M Antman
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA
Circulation 115:1634-42. 2007
- Upregulation of vascular endothelial growth factor by cobalt chloride-simulated hypoxia is mediated by persistent induction of cyclooxygenase-2 in a metastatic human prostate cancer cell lineX H Liu
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 17:687-94. 1999....
- Cardiovascular safety of lumiracoxib: a meta-analysis of all randomized controlled trials > or =1 week and up to 1 year in duration of patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritisPatrice Matchaba
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ 07936, USA
Clin Ther 27:1196-214. 2005..The cardiovascular (CV) safety of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors has been the subject of considerable debate...
- Cardiovascular risk and inhibition of cyclooxygenase: a systematic review of the observational studies of selective and nonselective inhibitors of cyclooxygenase 2Patricia McGettigan
Discipline of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine and Public Health, The University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
JAMA 296:1633-44. 2006..Regulatory agencies have provided variable advice regarding the cardiovascular risks with older nonselective NSAIDs...
- Aspirin use and survival after diagnosis of colorectal cancerAndrew T Chan
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit St, GRJ 722 Boston, MA 02114, USA
JAMA 302:649-58. 2009..Aspirin reduces risk of colorectal neoplasia in randomized trials and inhibits tumor growth and metastases in animal models. However, the influence of aspirin on survival after diagnosis of colorectal cancer is unknown...
- Cycloxygenase-2 inhibition augments the efficacy of a cancer vaccineAndrew R Haas
Thoracic Oncology Research Laboratory, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6160, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:214-22. 2006..This study shows that the effectiveness of a cancer vaccine can be significantly improved by adding COX-2 inhibition...
- Maximal COX-2 immunostaining and clinical response to celecoxib and interferon alpha therapy in metastatic renal cell carcinomaBrian I Rini
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Cleveland Clinic, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer 106:566-75. 2006..Based on potential additive or synergistic antitumor effects, interferon-alpha (IFNalpha) and celecoxib, an oral COX-2 inhibitor, were given to metastatic RCC patients in a Phase II trial...
- Risk of myocardial infarction in patients taking cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitors or conventional non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: population based nested case-control analysisJulia Hippisley-Cox
Institution 13th floor, Tower Building, University Park, Nottingham NG2 7RD
BMJ 330:1366. 2005....
- Cardiovascular risk associated with celecoxib in a clinical trial for colorectal adenoma preventionScott D Solomon
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 352:1071-80. 2005..Experimental research suggesting that these drugs may contribute to a prothrombotic state provides support for this concern...
- Selective visualization of cyclooxygenase-2 in inflammation and cancer by targeted fluorescent imaging agentsMd Jashim Uddin
AB Hancock, Jr Memorial Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology, Center in Molecular Toxicology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0146, USA
Cancer Res 70:3618-27. 2010....
- COX-2 blockade suppresses gliomagenesis by inhibiting myeloid-derived suppressor cellsMitsugu Fujita
Brain Tumor Program, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer Res 71:2664-74. 2011..Taken together, our findings show that the COX-2 pathway promotes gliomagenesis by directly supporting systemic development of MDSCs and their accumulation in the TME, where they limit CTL infiltration...
- COX-2 inhibition alters the phenotype of tumor-associated macrophages from M2 to M1 in ApcMin/+ mouse polypsYuki Nakanishi
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Shogoin Kawahara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto606 8507, Japan
Carcinogenesis 32:1333-9. 2011..Thus, our results suggest that COX-2 inhibition alters TAM phenotype in an IFN-γ-dependent manner and subsequently may reduce intestinal tumor progression...
- Cyclooxygenase-2-issued prostaglandin e(2) enhances the production of endogenous IL-10, which down-regulates dendritic cell functionsHedi Harizi
Laboratoire d Immunologie, Unité Mixte de Recherche Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux 2, 33076 Bordeaux, France
J Immunol 168:2255-63. 2002..We conclude that COX-2-mediated PGE(2) up-regulates IL-10, which down-regulates IL-12 production and the APC function of BM-DC...
- Bacterial clearance of Pseudomonas aeruginosa is enhanced by the inhibition of COX-2Ruxana T Sadikot
Department of Veterans Affairs, Jesse Brown VA Hospital, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Eur J Immunol 37:1001-9. 2007..Thus it is possible that inhibition of COX-2 or EP2 receptors could be an effective adjunctive treatment for severe or resistant P. aeruginosa pneumonia...
- COX-2 inhibitor celecoxib prevents chronic morphine-induced promotion of angiogenesis, tumour growth, metastasis and mortality, without compromising analgesiaM Farooqui
1Division of Hematology, Oncology and Transplantation, the Vascular Biology Center, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Br J Cancer 97:1523-31. 2007..In fact, the combination provided significantly better analgesia than with morphine or celecoxib alone. Clinical trials of this combination for analgesia in chronic and severe pain in cancer are warranted...
- Coxibs and cardiovascular diseaseGarret A Fitzgerald
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
N Engl J Med 351:1709-11. 2004
- IL-17 in synovial fluids from patients with rheumatoid arthritis is a potent stimulator of osteoclastogenesisS Kotake
The Institute of Rheumatology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo 162 0054, Japan
J Clin Invest 103:1345-52. 1999....
- Death receptor regulation and celecoxib-induced apoptosis in human lung cancer cellsXiangguo Liu
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1769-80. 2004..We investigated the mechanism of celecoxib-induced apoptosis further...
- Maternal use of acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and acetylsalicylic acid during pregnancy and risk of cryptorchidismMorten Søndergaard Jensen
Perinatal Epidemiology Research Unit, Departments of Obstetrics and Pediatrics, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Denmark
Epidemiology 21:779-85. 2010..We examined whether prenatal exposure to acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and acetylsalicylic acid was associated with increased occurrence of cryptorchidism...
- The contributions of cyclooxygenase-2 to tumor angiogenesisS Gately
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 19:19-27. 2000..These agents are safe and well tolerated and can be added to chemotherapy and radiation therapy where angiogenesis inhibitors appear to provide at least additive therapeutic benefit...
- (R)-Profens are substrate-selective inhibitors of endocannabinoid oxygenation by COX-2Kelsey C Duggan
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Nat Chem Biol 7:803-9. 2011....
- Role of prostaglandin E2 receptors in migration of murine and human breast cancer cellsAlexander V Timoshenko
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C1
Exp Cell Res 289:265-74. 2003..Migration of poorly migratory MCF-7 cells remained unaffected with either PGE2 or EP4 antagonist. These findings are relevant for designing therapeutic strategies against breast cancer metastasis...
- Celecoxib, a cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, potentiates the chemotherapic effect of vinorelbine in the medullary thyroid cancer TT cell lineA Vivaldi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Mol Cell Endocrinol 355:41-8. 2012..A clinical trial exploring the in vivo activities of celecoxib in MTC patients who cannot benefit from available treatments would be desirable, taking into account the possible risks of cardiovascular effects of this drug...
- PGE(2) in the regulation of programmed erythrocyte deathP A Lang
Department of Physiology, University of Tubingen, Germany
Cell Death Differ 12:415-28. 2005..In FACS analysis, phospholipase-A(2) inhibitors quinacrine and palmitoyltrifluoromethyl-ketone, and cyclooxygenase inhibitors acetylsalicylic acid and diclophenac, blunted the increase of PS exposure following Cl(-) removal...
- The role of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors on experimental colitisAna Paula Ribeiro Paiotti
Department of Pathology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, UNIFESP, SP, Brazil
In Vivo 26:381-93. 2012..In conclusion, the relative role of COX-2 selective inhibitors on human and experimental colitis remains to be explored. Thus, the use of COX-2 inhibitors in IBD should be considered with caution...
- Chrysin suppresses LPS-stimulated proinflammatory responses by blocking NF-κB and JNK activations in microglia cellsSang Keun Ha
Graduate School of East West Medical Science, Kyung Hee University Global Campus, 1 Seocheon Dong, Giheung gu, Yongin, Gyeonggi Do 446 701, Republic of Korea
Neurosci Lett 485:143-7. 2010..These results suggest that chrysin may act as a potential therapeutic agent for various neurodegenerative diseases involving neuroinflammation...
- In vitro and in vivo inhibitory effect of three Cox-2 inhibitors and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in human bladder cancer cell linesZ Adhim
Division of Infectious Disease Control, Center for Infectious Disease, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1, Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Br J Cancer 105:393-402. 2011..In this study, we investigated the effect of Cox-2 inhibitors on reversal EMT and tumour growth inhibition in bladder cancer cells...
- Impairment of both nitric oxide-mediated and EDHF-type relaxation in small mesenteric arteries from rats with streptozotocin-induced diabetesC H Leo
Health Innovation Research Institute, RMIT University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Br J Pharmacol 162:365-77. 2011....
- NSAIDs and apoptosisN R Jana
Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience Laboratory, National Brain Research Centre, Manesar, Gurgaon, India
Cell Mol Life Sci 65:1295-301. 2008..Both COX-2-dependent and COX-2-independent mechanisms are involved in NSAIDs-induced neoplastic growth. This article reviews the recent literature that has revealed various important mechanisms of NSAIDs-induced apoptosis...
- Analytical determination and pharmacokinetics of robenacoxib in the dogM Jung
Novartis Animal Health Research Centre, St Aubin, Switzerland
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 32:41-8. 2009..In dogs, robenacoxib has good bioavailability after oral (84%) and subcutaneous (88%) administration...
- COX-2 as a target for cancer chemotherapyNilanjan Ghosh
Dr B C Roy College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences, Durgapur, India
Pharmacol Rep 62:233-44. 2010..Large epidemiological trials studying users and non-users of aspirin have shown that cyclooxygenase inhibitors and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) could be of benefit against the development and ..
- Cyclooxygenases: structural and functional insightsCarol A Rouzer
A B Hancock Jr Memorial Laboratory for Cancer Research, Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology, Center in Molecular Toxicology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 0146, USA
J Lipid Res 50:S29-34. 2009..However, recent discoveries call this paradigm into question and reveal as yet underappreciated functions for both enzymes. This review focuses on some of these new insights...
- The effect of a selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor (celecoxib) on chronic periodontitisC Alec Yen
Department of Oral Medicine, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Periodontol 79:104-13. 2008..In this double-masked, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial, the efficacy of celecoxib (COX-2 inhibitor) was evaluated in conjunction with scaling and root planing (SRP) in subjects with chronic periodontitis (CP)...
- Preventative topical diclofenac treatment differentially decreases tumor burden in male and female Skh-1 mice in a model of UVB-induced cutaneous squamous cell carcinomaErin M Burns
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Carcinogenesis 34:370-7. 2013..Our data suggest a new therapeutic use for currently available topical diclofenac as a preventative intervention for patients predisposed to cutaneous SCC development before lesions appear...
- Interventions for pain during fixed orthodontic appliance therapy. A systematic reviewLi Xiaoting
State Key Laboratory of Oral Disease and Department of Orthodontics, West China School of Dentistry, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Angle Orthod 80:925-32. 2010..To compare the different methods of pain control intervention during fixed orthodontic appliance therapy...
- Inducible cyclooxygenase released prostaglandin E2 modulates the severity of infection caused by Streptococcus pyogenesOliver Goldmann
Infection Immunology Research Group, Department of Microbial Pathogenesis, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig, Germany
J Immunol 185:2372-81. 2010..pyogenes infected mice. Therefore, the results of this study open up new perspectives on potential molecular pathways that are prone to pharmacological manipulation during severe streptococcal infections...
- Rationale, design, and governance of Prospective Randomized Evaluation of Celecoxib Integrated Safety versus Ibuprofen Or Naproxen (PRECISION), a cardiovascular end point trial of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory agents in patients with arthritisMatthew C Becker
Department of Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Am Heart J 157:606-12. 2009..Pain management in patients with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis often requires long-term use of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). However, the relative cardiovascular safety of these therapies remains uncertain...
- Cyclooxygenase as a target for colorectal cancer chemopreventionLeticia Moreira
Gastroenterology Department, Hospital Clinic, CIBERehd, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Curr Drug Targets 12:1888-94. 2011....
- Gait analysis and pain response of two rodent models of osteoarthritisC E Ferland
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Veterinary Biomedicine, University of Montreal, Saint Hyacinthe, Canada
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 97:603-10. 2011..These results suggest that the MIA model may be more appropriate for the evaluation of short term pain studies and that celecoxib may modulate mechanical allodynia through central sensitization mechanisms...
- Cyclo-oxygenase 2 up-regulates the effect of multidrug resistanceBing Liu
Department of Orthopedics, 2nd Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, 88 Jie Fang Road, Hangzhou, 310009, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China
Cell Biol Int 34:21-5. 2010..Therefore we can use the COX inhibitors to potentialize the effects of chemotherapeutic agents and reverse multidrug resistance to facilitate the patient who may benefit from addition of COX inhibitors to standard cytotoxic therapy...
- Phase 1 trial of concurrent erlotinib, celecoxib, and reirradiation for recurrent head and neck cancerJohnny Kao
Department of Radiation Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Cancer 117:3173-81. 2011..In the current phase 1 trial, the authors sought to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and efficacy of concurrent erlotinib and celecoxib as a radiosensitizing regimen...
- NSAIDs and the colonAngel Lanas
Service of Digestive Diseases, University Hospital, CIBERehd IACS, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 25:44-9. 2009..To better understand the effects of NSAIDs on the colon...
- Effect of celecoxib on survival in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a double blind randomised clinical phase III trial (CYCLUS study) by the Swedish Lung Cancer Study GroupAndrea Koch
Allergy Centre Allergicentrum, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Eur J Cancer 47:1546-55. 2011..Experimental and clinical phase II trials have indicated that the addition of the COX-2 inhibitor celecoxib to palliative chemotherapy might increase survival time in patients with advanced NSCLC...
- Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors and the risk of anastomotic leakage after fast-track colonic surgeryK Holte
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Hvidovre University Hospital, DK 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
Br J Surg 96:650-4. 2009..This study determined the rate of anastomotic leakage in a series of patients who had colonic surgery over a 9-year period with or without use of a cyclo-oxygenase inhibitor for postoperative analgesia...
- Mechanisms behind COX-1 and COX-2 inhibition of tumor growth in vivoHans Axelsson
Department of Surgery, Institute of Clinical Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Oncol 37:1143-52. 2010..In conclusion, our results extend earlier studies on cell culture experiments and demonstrate that EGF-R and downstream KRas pathways communicate effects of increased prostaglandin activity in tumor tissue in vivo...
- Risk of colorectal cancer in patients prescribed statins, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors: nested case-control studyYana Vinogradova
Division of Primary Care, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Gastroenterology 133:393-402. 2007..Several studies suggest that statins prevent some cancers, with one study finding a 47% reduction in colorectal cancer risk after >or=5 years of regular use...
- Coxibs and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in animal models of cancer chemopreventionSusan M Fischer
Department of Molecular Carcinogenesis, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Science Park, PO Box 389, Smithville, TX 78957, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:1728-35. 2011..A comprehensive understanding of the results of coxibs and other NSAIDs in animal studies may help inform and shape human trials of these commonly employed, relatively inexpensive, and highly effective compounds...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition by celecoxib reduces proliferation and induces apoptosis in angiogenic endothelial cells in vivoKathleen M Leahy
Pharmacia, Mail Zone AA4C, 700 Chesterfield Parkway, Chesterfield, Missouri 63017, USA
Cancer Res 62:625-31. 2002..2-3.0-fold) in response to celecoxib. Thus, the antitumor activity of celecoxib may be attributable, at least in part, to a direct effect on host stromal elements, such as the angiogenic vasculature...
- Effects of specific inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 on sodium balance, hemodynamics, and vasoactive eicosanoidsF Catella-Lawson
University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 289:735-41. 1999..Our data suggest that acute sodium retention by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in healthy elderly subjects is mediated by the inhibition of Cox-2, whereas depression of GFR is due to inhibition of Cox-1...
- Isolation of linoleic and alpha-linolenic acids as COX-1 and -2 inhibitors in rose hipA K Jäger
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, The Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 2, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Phytother Res 22:982-4. 2008..The COX-2/COX-1 ratio was 0.007 for linoleic acid and 0.2 for alpha-linolenic acid. Linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid contribute to the COX-1 and -2 inhibitory activity of rose hip...
- Celecoxib: a potent cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor in cancer preventionKemal Kismet
4th General Surgery Department, Ankara Research and Training Hospital, Ulucanlar, Ankara, Turkey
Cancer Detect Prev 28:127-42. 2004..In this article, we reviewed COX-2 selectivity, the pharmacological properties of celecoxib, the use of celecoxib for cancer prevention and the mechanisms of chemoprevention...
- Inhibition of cyclooxygenase activity reduces rotavirus infection at a postbinding stepJohn W A Rossen
Laboratory of Pediatrics, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Virol 78:9721-30. 2004..MAPK and NF-kappaB pathways are involved in rotavirus infection but in a PGE2-independent manner. This report offers new perspectives in the search for therapeutic agents in treatment of severe rotavirus-mediated diarrhea in children...
- Requirement of cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandins for human prostate cancer cell invasionKasem Nithipatikom
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Clin Exp Metastasis 19:593-601. 2002..Further, PGD2 may represent a weak inhibitor and counteracts the effect of PGE2 in the cell invasion...
- Prostacyclin protects against elevated blood pressure and cardiac fibrosisHelene Francois
Department of Medicine, Duke University and Durham VA Medical Centers, Durham, North Carolina 27705
Cell Metab 2:201-7. 2005..Our data suggest that adjuvant therapy that blocks unrestrained Tx actions might protect against end-organ damage without affecting blood pressure in patients taking COX-2 inhibitors...
- Molecular therapeutic targets in inflammation: cyclooxygenase and NF-kappaBTeresa Krakauer
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Frederick, MD 21702 5011, USA
Curr Drug Targets Inflamm Allergy 3:317-24. 2004..Selective inhibitors of inflammation including cyclooxygenase inhibitors, antibodies against inflammatory cytokines, cytokine receptor antagonist, antibodies against adhesion ..
- Mechanism of radiation-induced bystander effect: role of the cyclooxygenase-2 signaling pathwayHongning Zhou
Center for Radiological Research, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:14641-6. 2005..These results provide evidence that the COX-2-related pathway, which is essential in mediating cellular inflammatory response, is the critical signaling link for the bystander phenomenon...
- Evaluating short-term drug effects using a physician-specific prescribing preference as an instrumental variableM Alan Brookhart
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Epidemiology 17:268-75. 2006..Instrumental variable methods have been proposed as a potential approach to control confounding by indication in nonexperimental studies of treatment effects; however, good instruments are hard to find...
- Inducible cyclooxygenase released prostaglandin mediates immunosuppression in acute phase of experimental Trypanosoma cruzi infectionM A Michelin
Department of Biological Sciences, Immunology, Federal School of Medicine, Uberaba, MG, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 111:71-9. 2005..In conclusion, the results suggest that the prostaglandins produced mainly by COX-2 mediate the immunosuppression observed in the acute phase of T. cruzi infection...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition inhibits c-Met kinase activity and Wnt activity in colon cancerJurriaan B Tuynman
Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 68:1213-20. 2008....
- Prostaglandin E2 promotes tumor progression by inducing myeloid-derived suppressor cellsPratima Sinha
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland Baltimore County, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21250, USA
Cancer Res 67:4507-13. 2007....
- Specific inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 results in inhibition of proliferation of oral cancer cell lines via suppression of prostaglandin E2 productionK Sumitani
Second Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 30:41-7. 2001..These results suggest that specific inhibition of COX-2 inhibits proliferation of cancer cells expressing COX-2 mRNA via suppression of PGE2 production...
- The role of cyclooxygenases in inflammation, cancer, and developmentC S Williams
Department of Medicine, The Vanderbilt Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2279, USA
Oncogene 18:7908-16. 1999..The in vivo mechanism by which COX-2 affects tumor growth has not been determined. It is possible that both tumor and stromally derived COX-2 could influence tumor angiogenesis and/ or immune function...
- Duration of treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and impact on risk of death and recurrent myocardial infarction in patients with prior myocardial infarction: a nationwide cohort studyAnne Marie Schjerning Olsen
Department of Cardiology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Gentofte, Denmark
Circulation 123:2226-35. 2011..We therefore studied the duration of NSAID treatment and cardiovascular risk in a nationwide cohort of patients with prior myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Inhibitors of prostaglandin synthesis inhibit human prostate tumor cell invasiveness and reduce the release of matrix metalloproteinasesF A Attiga
Department of Biology, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Cancer Res 60:4629-37. 2000....
- The comparative safety of analgesics in older adults with arthritisDaniel H Solomon
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:1968-76. 2010..The safety of alternative analgesics is unclear. We examined the comparative safety of nonselective NSAIDs (nsNSAIDs), selective cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitors (coxibs), and opioids...
- Role of eicosanoids in prostate cancer progressionD Nie
Department of Radiation Oncology, Wayne State University School of Medicine and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 20:195-206. 2001..The regulation of prostate cancer progression by eicosanoids, in either positive or negative ways, provides an exciting possibility for management of this disease...
- Selective inhibition of COX-2 improves early survival in murine endotoxemia but not in bacterial peritonitisR C Reddy
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-0360, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 281:L537-43. 2001..These results demonstrate that selective COX-2 inhibition confers early but not long-term benefits without affecting the expression of proinflammatory cytokines or the development of lung inflammation...
- Biology of Cox-2: an application in cancer therapeuticsZakir Khan
INSERM U 955, Team No 10, Institut Mondor de Recherche Biomedicale, Universite Paris Est, 94010 Creteil, Paris, France
Curr Drug Targets 12:1082-93. 2011..The mode of action of Cox-2 and its inhibitors remains unclear. Further clinical application needs to be investigated for comprehending Cox-2 biological functions and establishing it as an effective target in cancer therapy...
- Cyclooxygenase regulates angiogenesis induced by colon cancer cellsM Tsujii
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, VA Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Cell 93:705-16. 1998..Cyclooxygenase regulates colon carcinoma-induced angiogenesis by two mechanisms: COX-2 can modulate production of angiogenic factors by colon cancer cells, while COX-1 regulates angiogenesis in endothelial cells...
- Pathogenesis of aspirin-exacerbated respiratory diseaseDonald D Stevenson
Allergy and Immunology Division, Scripps Clinic and the Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 24:169-88. 2003..It is more likely that a diminution in number or function of cysLT receptors accounts for the diminished inflammatory response found in ASA desensitization...
- Inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 suppresses lymph node metastasis via reduction of lymphangiogenesisCaname Iwata
Department of Molecular Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 67:10181-9. 2007..Our findings suggest that COX-2 inhibitor may be useful for prophylaxis of lymph node metastasis by reducing macrophage-mediated tumor lymphangiogenesis...
- Effects of the cyclooxygenase inhibitor, piroxicam, on tumor response, apoptosis, and angiogenesis in a canine model of human invasive urinary bladder cancerSulma I Mohammed
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Cancer Res 62:356-8. 2002The mechanisms by which cyclooxygenase inhibitors exert antitumor effects are not completely defined but are postulated to involve antiangiogenic effects and induction of apoptosis...
- COX-2: a target for colon cancer preventionLawrence J Marnett
A B Hancock Jr Memorial Laboratory for Cancer Research, Center in Molecular Toxicology, Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 42:55-80. 2002..It is hoped that, as the genome sequence is understood more clearly, other targets will emerge that will provide even more effective drugs for future cancer prevention...
- Expansion of human T regulatory type 1 cells in the microenvironment of cyclooxygenase 2 overexpressing head and neck squamous cell carcinomaChristoph Bergmann
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer Res 67:8865-73. 2007..Neutralizing mAbs to IL-10 and/or TGF-beta(1) abolished Tr1-mediated suppression. COX-2 overexpression in HNSCC plays a major role in the induction of Tr1 cells in the tumor microenvironment...
- Isobolographic analysis of interaction between cyclooxygenase inhibitors and tramadol in acetic acid-induced writhing in micePadi S V Satyanarayana
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 28:641-9. 2004..The results demonstrated marked synergistic interaction between naproxen and tramadol and such interaction involved opioid as well as non-opioid mechanisms of tramadol and inhibition of COX-1 but not COX-2 by naproxen...
- Increased cyclooxygenase-2 (cox-2) expression and activity in a murine model of metastatic breast cancerN Kundu
Program in Oncology, University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center and School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Int J Cancer 93:681-6. 2001..Despite the inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis, the cox-2 enzyme levels (protein and mRNA) were increased by either indomethacin or NS398...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2)-independent anticarcinogenic effects of selective COX-2 inhibitorsSabine Grosch
Pharmazentrum Frankfurt, ZAFES, Institut fur Klinische Pharmakologie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe, Universitat Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:736-47. 2006..We also compare the concentrations of these inhibitors used in in vitro and in vivo experiments and discuss the implications of the in vitro studies for clinical management of cancer with these drugs...
- Role of coxibs in the strategies for gastrointestinal protection in patients requiring chronic non-steroidal anti-inflammatory therapyCorrado Blandizzi
Division of Pharmacology and Chemotherapy, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Via Roma 55, Pisa 56126, Italy
Pharmacol Res 59:90-100. 2009....
- Phase III randomized trial assessing rofecoxib in the adjuvant setting of colorectal cancer: final results of the VICTOR trialRachel S Midgley
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Headington, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 28:4575-80. 2010..The purpose of this study was to test whether the COX-2 inhibitor rofecoxib could reduce recurrence and improve survival when administered in the adjuvant setting of colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- The cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor celecoxib has therapeutic effects in major depression: results of a double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled, add-on pilot study to reboxetineN Muller
Hospital for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen, Germany
Mol Psychiatry 11:680-4. 2006..Moreover, the fact that treatment with an anti-inflammatory drug showed beneficial effects on MD indicates that inflammation is related to the pathomechanism of the disorder, although the exact mechanisms remain to become elucidated...
- Screening of ubiquitous plant constituents for COX-2 inhibition with a scintillation proximity based assayU Huss
Division of Pharmacognosy, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Biomedical Centre, Uppsala University, Box 574, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Nat Prod 65:1517-21. 2002..This study showed that a COX-2-catalyzed PGE(2) assay using SPA is suitable for screening natural compounds with respect to COX-2 inhibition...
- Cardiovascular risk of celecoxib in 6 randomized placebo-controlled trials: the cross trial safety analysisScott D Solomon
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circulation 117:2104-13. 2008..Our aim was to assess the cardiovascular risk associated with celecoxib in 3 dose regimens and to assess the relationship between baseline cardiovascular risk and effect of celecoxib on cardiovascular events...
- Potential involvement of the cyclooxygenase-2 pathway in the regulation of tumor-associated angiogenesis and growth in pancreatic cancerJingsong Chu
Signal Transduction Laboratory, Methodist Research Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 2:1-7. 2003....
- Cyclooxygenase-2 promotes hepatocellular carcinoma cell growth through Akt activation: evidence for Akt inhibition in celecoxib-induced apoptosisJing Leng
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Hepatology 38:756-68. 2003..01). In conclusion, our results suggest the involvement of COX-2-dependent and -independent mechanisms in celecoxib-mediated HCC cell apoptosis...
- New Pathways in Thrombosis and Inflammation Mediated by Semaphorin-Plexin SignaliGuy A Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2010..could potentially be used independently or in combination with other antithrombotic therapies including cyclooxygenase inhibitors (aspirin), thienopyridines (clopidogrel), and anticoagulants (heparin, warfarin)...
- Mechanism of HPA Axis Activation: Role of Nicotinic Acid Receptor in the BrainJang H Youn; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., diabetes and anorexia nervosa) and unwanted effects of the nicotinic acid therapy for lipid control. ..
- Renal Processing of AlbuminOliver Smithies; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our preliminary data show that in normal mice angiotensin converting enzyme and/or cyclooxygenase inhibitors in high dose cause temporary reversible albuminuria, exacerbated by a low salt diet...
- Eicosanoid regulation of experimental Lyme arthritisCharles R Brown; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information will further our understanding of how inflammation is regulated and allow the design of more effective anti-inflammatory treatments. ..
- The Role of Bioactive Lipids in Inflammation and CancerRAYMOND NELSON DUBOIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Information gained from these studies will be important for achieving the long-term goal of reducing the cancer burden and revealing more effective ways to prevent cancer. ..
- Metabolism, protein and miRNA cross-talk in cell cycle and tumor progressionDavid M Hockenbery; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also demonstrated increased prostaglandin E2 in media, and that cyclooxygenase inhibitors had selective anti-proliferative effects for Myc-expressing cells...
- PG-INDUCED REDUCTION OF INTRAOCULAR PRESSURECarl Camras; Fiscal Year: 1993..Argon laser treatment to the peripheral iris and Nd:YAG laser treatment to the trabecular mesh-work will be performed in cats to determine whether they also result in reduction of IOP mediated by PGs...
- Catalysis by Prostaglandin Endoperoxide H SynthasesWilliam L Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- PROSTAGLANDINS AND LOCAL CONTROL OF THE CIRCULATIONALAN NIES; Fiscal Year: 1990..hydralazine and thiazides enhance vascular prostacyclin synthesis, which accounts for the ability of cyclooxygenase inhibitors to reduce the antihypertensive efficacy and 2) clinical studies on furosemide induced venodilation and ..
- SEROTONIN AND EICOSANOID INTERACTION IN LUNG VASOMOTIONWENDELL HOFMAN; Fiscal Year: 1992..segmental distribution of PVR attendant to varying degrees of COI induced by three chemically dissimilar cyclooxygenase inhibitors (aspirin, meclofenamate and indomethacin)...
- CELLULAR MECHANISMS OF CHOLECYSTITIS AND COLITISDONALD KAMINSKI; Fiscal Year: 1999..Previous studies have demonstrated that cyclooxygenase inhibitors are specific drugs for the treatment of gallbladder disease...
- ALCOHOLIC EMBRYOPATHY & MATERNAL HYPERTENSIONRUSSELL MANKES; Fiscal Year: 1992..agents and to prostaglandin and thromboxane agonists; and to prostaglandin receptor blocking drugs and cyclooxygenase inhibitors. 5...
- Eicosanoids and Diabetic RetinopathyRose Gubitosi Klug; Fiscal Year: 2009..The candidate's preliminary data suggest that both lipoxygenase and cyclooxygenase inhibitors can ameliorate the high glucose-induced cell death seen in cultured retinal endothelial cells...
- Use of Novel Cox-2 Inhibitors in Neurological DisordersSTANLEY BELL; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- PROSTANOID BIOSYNTHESIS IN SYSTEMIC MASTOCYTOSISJohn Oates; Fiscal Year: 2003..Inhibition of PGD2 biosynthesis with nonselective cyclooxygenase inhibitors (the nonsteroidal anti- inflammatory drugs) has been employed in the treatment of this disorder, but ..
- EVALUATION OF THE NASAL LATE PHASE RESPONSE TO ANTIGENRobert Naclerio; Fiscal Year: 1993..is the evaluation of existing therapies, including antihistamines, topical and systemic corticosteroids, cyclooxygenase inhibitors and immunotherapy, to determine their effect on the response to nasal challenge...
- EVALUATION OF THE NASAL LATE PHASE RESPONSE TO ANTIGENRobert Naclerio; Fiscal Year: 1990..is the evaluation of existing therapies, including antihistamines, topical and systemic corticosteroids, cyclooxygenase inhibitors and immunotherapy, to determine their effect on the response to nasal challenge...
- IMAGING COX-2 GENE EXPRESSION IN INFLAMMATION AND TUMORSHarvey Herschman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Studies with this mouse will correlate optical and microPET imaging technologies. ..
- Novel Cyclooxygenase-2 Inhibitors: EpileptogenesisSTANLEY BELL; Fiscal Year: 2005..The later studies for Phase 2 and Phase 3 evaluations can be earned out internally or with a commercial partner, depending on the results of the early studies and the needs of the company. ..
- Flow cytometry for novel regulators of inflammationELLEN BERG; Fiscal Year: 2001..Many anti-inflammatory drugs, including corticosteroids, cyclooxygenase inhibitors and lipoxygenase inhibitors, inhibit the cytokine-dependent expression of certain endothelial cell ..
- COX2 EXPRESSION IN GENITOURINARY CANCER AND DEVELOPMENTMatthew Breyer; Fiscal Year: 2001..second, mitogen inducible isoform, occurred almost simultaneously with realization that patients taking cyclooxygenase inhibitors including aspirin and other non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs) had nearly a 40% risk reduction ..
- Oxidative Modifications in AtherogenesisGarret FitzGerald; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Imaging to Predict Cardiovascular Events in DiabetesZahi A Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is our expectation that our data will be utilized to evaluate and improve existent treatment and develop effective new therapies to decrease the burden of atherosclerotic disease in diabetes. ..
- Osteoporosis in Women with Rheumatoid ArthritisDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2006..This epidemiologic data will inform future trials of osteoporosis treatments among patients with RA. As well, the study cohort will comprise one of the largest RA registries with an explicit plan to examine osteoporosis. ..
- Periodontal Assessment in RA Study (PARAS)Clifton Bingham; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Randomized Controlled Testing of Osteoporosis EducationDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2006..A multi-disciplinary Training Advisory Board will review the applicants progress regularly to ensure that the proposed training goals are met. ..
- Research Conference:Mutagenesis and CarcinogenesisLAWRENCE MARNETT; Fiscal Year: 2004..Leading scientists in the field will present and evaluate the latest research at the frontiers of mutagenesis and carcinogenesis. ..
- Clinical Studies with Phospholipid-Associated NSAIDsLenard Lichtenberger; Fiscal Year: 2004..i.d.) with diclofenac-PC, except in this case we will add a third arm of the study in which the subjects are administered the COX- inhibitor, Celecoxib, at a dose (200 mg b.i.d.) having equivalent therapeutic efficacy to diclofenac. ..
- Why is Cardiac Risk Increased in Rheumatiod ArthritisDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2002..ability to control for known cardiovascular risk factors, the extensive medication information allowing for us to explore key hypotheses regarding corticosteroid exposure, and the attempt to simultaneously control for disease severity ..
- CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY OF MALONDIALDEHYDE DNA ADDUCTSLAWRENCE MARNETT; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these experiments will define the chemistry and biology of a family of structurally dynamic lesions in the genome derived from an endogenous metabolic product of lipid oxidation. ..
- Pain Medication Use & Risk Factors for Opioid DependenceDaniel Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our goal is to use the results of the proposed research to inform a future intervention to improve opioid prescribing within this large pharmacy benefits program. ..
- PHOSPHOLIPIDS AND ULCER PROTECTIONLenard Lichtenberger; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Contraceptive efficacy and body weight: Does obesity affect the risk of failure?Alison Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LUNG CANCER CHEMOPREVENTION WITH CELECOXIB IN EX-SMOKERSJenny Mao; Fiscal Year: 2007..The finding from this pilot project will provide important insight into the design and conduct of future chemopreventive trials. ..
- Vessel Remodeling During Ductus Arteriosus ClosureRonald I Clyman; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should increase our understanding of the mechanisms that prevent the preterm DA from closing and remodeling after birth. ..
- Analgesics and resistance training in older individualsTodd Trappe; Fiscal Year: 2008..This investigation will provide important information for clinicians and older individuals with regard to expected benefits from physical activity during periods of analgesic and anti-inflammatory based therapy. ..
- ADAPTATION OF SENESCENT MUSCLE TO EXERCISE TRAININGTodd Trappe; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Immune Reactants, Cholesterol and AtherosclerosisALLISON REISS; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PREVENTION OF COLORECTAL CANCER BY iNOS AND COX-2 SELECTIVE INHIBITORSCHINTHALAPALLY RAO; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS FOR CHEMOPREVENTION OF COLON CANCERCHINTHALAPALLY RAO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Tissue distribution and comparative metabolism studies of curcumin and PEMC will be studied with synthetic [3H] curcumin and [3H]-PEMC in vivo in male F-344 rats. ..
- Impact of Medicaid Policy on cardiovascular drug use and clinical outcomesMichael A Fischer; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Improving Contraceptive Effectiveness in Obese WomenAlison B Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- THE BIOLOGY OF PROGRESSIVE NEPHRON DESTRUCTIONRaymond Harris; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ESTROGEN BIOTRANSFORMATIONS AND BREAST CANCER ETIOLOGYROBERT BRUEGGEMEIER; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) To measure cellular levels of aromatase expression and cyclooxygenases expression in human breast cancer specimens. ..
- Sympathetic Nerve Activity and the Skeletal Myopathy of Heart FailureHolly R Middlekauff; Fiscal Year: 2010..2.1 Is the sympatholysis with clonidine associated with a reversal of the skeletal myopathy in HF? 2.2 What is the effect of the improved skeletal myopathy on muscle mechanoreceptor sensitivity in HF? ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- Air Pollution and Central Nervous System DiseaseLilian Calderon Garciduenas; Fiscal Year: 2008..The Award will give me the opportunity to build new skills in 4 areas: Molecular Biology, DNA Damage, Developmental / Neurodegenerative Neuropathology, and to gain experience in grantsmanship. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Drug-Induced sudden death & ventricular arrhythmiaSean Hennessy; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, this project will create a valuable and lasting pharmacoepidemiologic data resource that can be brought to bear in future drug safety studies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LIPID PEROXIDATION AND APOE IN ALZHEIMERS DISEASEThomas Montine; Fiscal Year: 2003..This new information will aid in laying the foundation for designing rational therapeutic approaches to ameliorate brain oxidative damage in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Toll-Like Receptors in Bacterial Antigen Induced HIV-LTROzlem Equils; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Muscle Pump and Chemical Dilation in Exercise HyperemiaWilliam Schrage; Fiscal Year: 2004..The strength of the proposed experiments is that we will manipulate both mechanical and chemical factors and assess their combined effects on muscle blood flow during acute and steady state exercise in humans. ..
- Diet and Risk of Ovarian CancerEllen Chang; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of the proposed analyses will provide further understanding of the etiology of ovarian cancer. ..
- THE MUTAGENICITY OF MINERAL FIBERSTOM HEI; Fiscal Year: 2006..By using specific DNA probes of other genes that have been regionally mapped to various sites on chromosome 11, the molecular spectrum of mutations induced by either asbestos or glass fiber control will be compared. ..
- Role of iNOS and CAT-2 in defense against CP infectionJody Gookin; Fiscal Year: 2006..parvum infection. The PI is presently in the 3rd year of a 5-year K08 from NIDDK. These studies are anticipated to generate key preliminary data for the PI's first R01 application ..
- Mechanistic Effects of Organic Selenium Against Colon CMark Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- The Perception of Cancer Risk in Patients with Barrett's EsophagusNicholas Shaheen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The resultant study application will assess health-related quality of life, health-related anxiety and healthcare utilization as outcomes. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Muscle Mechanosensitivity in Heart FailureHolly Middlekauff; Fiscal Year: 2004..After a 4 week conditioning program, which reverses the myopathy of HF, the above testing repeated to determine if the muscle mechanoreceptor sensitization is reversible. ..
- Oxidative stress, Homocysteine and Alzheimer's DiseaseDomenico Pratico; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will be a necessary basis before prevention studies aimed to reduce Hcy levels are initiated in patients at risk for AD. ..
- A novel sulindac derivative for colon cancer chemopreventionGary Piazza; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prevention of Prostate Carcinogenesis in Transgenic MiceSusan Fischer; Fiscal Year: 2008..IGF-1 model. ..
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Avian Model of Complex Vascular Lesion DevelopmeROBERT WIDEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RANDOMIZED TRIAL OF FOLATE AND COLORECTAL ADENOMAEdward Giovannucci; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..