Genomes and Genes
Summary: A trisaccharide occurring in Australian manna (from Eucalyptus spp, Myrtaceae) and in cottonseed meal.
Publications237 found, 100 shown here
- Galactinol and raffinose constitute a novel function to protect plants from oxidative damageAyako Nishizawa
Department of Advanced Bioscience, Faculty of Agriculture, Kinki University, 3327 204 Nakamachi, Nara 631 8505, Japan
Plant Physiol 147:1251-63. 2008Galactinol synthase (GolS) is a key enzyme in the synthesis of raffinose family oligosaccharides that function as osmoprotectants in plant cells...
- A genetic element present on megaplasmids allows Enterococcus faecium to use raffinose as carbon sourceXinglin Zhang
Department of Medical Microbiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Environ Microbiol 13:518-28. 2011..faecium gene cluster that is responsible for the metabolism of the α-galactoside sugar raffinose. Phenotypic testing of seven E...
- Regulation of the alpha-galactosidase activity in Streptococcus pneumoniae: characterization of the raffinose utilization systemC Rosenow
Versicor, Inc, Fremont, California 94555, USA
Genome Res 9:1189-97. 1999..the Streptococcus pneumoniae genome sequence that contains eight genes involved in regulation and metabolism of raffinose. The genes rafR and rafS are transcribed as one operon, and their gene products regulate the raffinose-dependent ..
- Apoptosis versus necrosis during cold storage and rewarming of human renal proximal tubular cellsA K Salahudeen
Department of Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216-4505, USA
Transplantation 72:798-804. 2001..Inclusion of antioxidants in the storage solution confers protection against both cold storage and rewarming-induced necrosis and apoptosis...
- Mechanism and prevention of cold storage-induced human renal tubular cell injuryA K Salahudeen
Department of Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson 39216 4505, USA
Transplantation 70:1424-31. 2000..The objective was, therefore, to seek direct evidence for the free radical production during the cold storage of human renal tubular cells, and to define the roles of extrinsic and intrinsic antioxidants in cold-induced cell injury...
- Proteomic analysis of common bean seed with storage protein deficiency reveals up-regulation of sulfur-rich proteins and starch and raffinose metabolic enzymes, and down-regulation of the secretory pathwayFrédéric Marsolais
Southern Crop Protection and Food Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, London, ON, Canada
J Proteomics 73:1587-600. 2010..starch composition, whereas increased levels of UDP-glucose 4-epimerase were correlated with a 30% increase in raffinose content. Induction of cell division cycle protein 48 and ubiquitin suggested enhanced ER-associated degradation...
- Fructans, but not the sucrosyl-galactosides, raffinose and loliose, are affected by drought stress in perennial ryegrassVéronique Amiard
Unité Mixte de Recherche Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Université de Caen Basse Normandie, Laboratoire de Physiologie et Biochimie Végétales, Institut de Recherche en Biologie Appliquée, Universite, 14032 Caen Cedex, France
Plant Physiol 132:2218-29. 2003..the putative role of the sucrosyl-galactosides, loliose [alpha-D-Gal (1,3) alpha-D-Glc (1,2) beta-D-Fru] and raffinose [alpha-D-Gal (1,6) alpha-D-Glc (1,2) beta-D-Fru], in drought tolerance of perennial ryegrass and to compare it ..
- Protection mechanisms in the resurrection plant Xerophyta viscosa (Baker): both sucrose and raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs) accumulate in leaves in response to water deficitShaun Peters
University of Cape Town, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Private Bag, Rhodes Gift, 7701, Cape Town, South Africa
J Exp Bot 58:1947-56. 2007..Sucrose and raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs), particularly raffinose, increased under these conditions, with the highest ..
- Impact of pancreatic cold preservation on rat islet recovery and functionAntonello Pileggi
Cell Transplant Center, Diabetes Research Institute, University of Miami Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Transplantation 87:1442-50. 2009..Islet transplantation success depends on the number and quality of islets transplanted. This study aimed at exploring the molecular mechanisms associated with cold pancreas preservation and their impact on islet cell survival and function...
- Functional identification of Arabidopsis ATSIP2 (At3g57520) as an alkaline α-galactosidase with a substrate specificity for raffinose and an apparent sink-specific expression patternShaun Peters
Institute of Plant Biology, University of Zurich, Zollikerstrasse 107, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Plant Cell Physiol 51:1815-9. 2010Arabidopsis ATSIP2 has recently been suggested to be a raffinose synthase gene. However, it has high amino acid identity to functionally characterized alkaline α-galactosidases from Cucumis melo and Zea mays...
- Important roles of drought- and cold-inducible genes for galactinol synthase in stress tolerance in Arabidopsis thalianaTeruaki Taji
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Biology, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute, 3 1 1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
Plant J 29:417-26. 2002b>Raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFO) accumulating during seed development are thought to play a role in the desiccation tolerance of seeds. However, the functions of RFO in desiccation tolerance have not been elucidated...
- Raffinose in chloroplasts is synthesized in the cytosol and transported across the chloroplast envelopeThomas Schneider
Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Institut fur Pflanzenbiologie, Universitat Zurich, Zollikerstrasse 107, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Plant Cell Physiol 50:2174-82. 2009..The trisaccharide raffinose (alpha-1,6-galactosyl sucrose) is such a carbohydrate but has received little attention...
- Expression of three galactinol synthase isoforms in Coffea arabica L. and accumulation of raffinose and stachyose in response to abiotic stressesTiago B Dos Santos
Instituto Agronômico do Paraná IAPAR, Laboratório de Biotecnologia Vegetal, Londrina PR, Brazil
Plant Physiol Biochem 49:441-8. 2011Galactinol synthase (EC 220.127.116.11; GolS) catalyzes the first step in the synthesis of raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs). Their accumulation in response to abiotic stresses implies a role for RFOs in stress adaptation...
- Role of dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase in regulation of raffinose transport in Streptococcus pneumoniaeRobert E Tyx
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Bacteriol 193:3512-24. 2011..strains lacking the enzyme dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase (DLDH) show markedly reduced ability to grow on raffinose and stachyose as sole carbon sources...
- Levansucrase and sucrose phoshorylase contribute to raffinose, stachyose, and verbascose metabolism by lactobacilliJanuana S Teixeira
University of Alberta, Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Edmonton, Canada
Food Microbiol 31:278-84. 2012b>Raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs) in food are considered anti-nutritional factors. This study elucidated the role of α-galactosidase (α-Gal), levansucrase, and sucrose phosphorylase for conversion of RFOs by lactobacilli...
- Accumulation of crystal deposits in abdominal organs following perfusion with defrosted University of Wisconsin solutionsStefan G Tullius
Department of Surgery, Charite Virchow Clinic, Berlin, Germany
Am J Transplant 2:627-30. 2002..UW solutions can reach subzero temperatures under commonly used transportation conditions. Under these conditions, visible crystals accumulate and can be detected in abdominal organs of an experimental system...
- Cold induces catalytic iron release of cytochrome P-450 origin: a critical step in cold storage-induced renal injuryHong Huang
Department of Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson 39216 4505, USA
Am J Transplant 2:631-9. 2002..In the clinical setting, sequestering free iron released during cold storage is possible and may prove to be useful in limiting organ injury...
- Cold-induced apoptosis of rat liver cells in University of Wisconsin solution: the central role of chelatable ironUta Kerkweg
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Universitatsklinikum, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Hepatology 35:560-7. 2002..With regard to the extent of this iron-mediated injury, addition of a suitable iron chelator to UW solution might markedly improve the outcome of liver preservation...
- Addition of adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase activators to University of Wisconsin solution: a way of protecting rat steatotic liversIsmail Ben Mosbah
Experimental Hepatic Ischemia Reperfusion Unit, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas de Barcelona, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas de Barcelona Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Spain
Liver Transpl 13:410-25. 2007..TMZ and AICAR may constitute new additives to UW solution in steatotic liver preservation, whereas a combination of both seems unnecessary...
- Improved rat liver preservation by hypothermic continuous machine perfusion using polysol, a new, enriched preservation solutionMaud Bessems
Surgical Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Liver Transpl 11:539-46. 2005..In conclusion, machine perfusion using Polysol results in better quality liver preservation than cold storage with UW and machine perfusion using UW-G...
- Transcriptome profiles of hybrid poplar (Populus trichocarpa × deltoides) reveal rapid changes in undamaged, systemic sink leaves after simulated feeding by forest tent caterpillar (Malacosoma disstria)Ryan N Philippe
Michael Smith Laboratories, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
New Phytol 188:787-802. 2010..Induced changes of galactinol and raffinose oligosaccharides were detected by anion-exchange high-pressure liquid chromatography...
- Improvement of the cold storage of blood vessels with a vascular preservation solution. Study in porcine aortic segmentsTimo Wille
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Universitatsklinikum, Essen, Germany
J Vasc Surg 47:422-31. 2008..Hypothesizing that this iron-dependent cold-induced injury might also occur in the endothelium of intact vessels, we here set out to optimize the hypothermic storage of blood vessels...
- Perfluorocarbon for organ preservation before transplantationShinichi Matsumoto
Islet and Cell Processing Laboratory, Puget Sound Blood Center Northwest Tissue Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Transplantation 74:1804-9. 2002..The TLM has also been shown to be beneficial for preserving other difficult organs, such as heart and small bowel...
- Hypothermia causes a marked injury to rat proximal tubular cells that is aggravated by all currently used preservation solutionsMiranda Bartels-Stringer
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cryobiology 47:82-91. 2003..Iron-dependent MPT is suggested to play a role in this damage. Strategies to prevent cold-induced injury should aim at reducing the availability of "free" iron...
- Analysis of the raffinose family oligosaccharide pathway in pea seeds with contrasting carbohydrate compositionT Peterbauer
Chemical Physiology of Plants, Institute of Ecology, University of Vienna, A-1090 Vienna, Austria
Plant Physiol 127:1764-72. 2001b>Raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs) are synthesized by a set of galactosyltransferases, which sequentially add galactose units from galactinol to sucrose...
- Effect of sucrose/raffinose mass ratios on the stability of co-lyophilized protein during storage above the TgP Davidson
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Pharm Res 18:474-9. 2001PURPOSE: To examine the potential of raffinose as an excipient in stabilizing protein and to study the effect of sucrose/raffinose mass ratios on the stability of co-lyophilized protein and amorphous solids during storage at an elevated ..
- Modulation of rat cecal microbiota by administration of raffinose and encapsulated Bifidobacterium breveAchmad Dinoto
Laboratory of Microbial Resources and Ecology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Kita 9 Nishi 9, Kita ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 8589, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:784-92. 2006To investigate the effects of administration of raffinose and encapsulated Bifidobacterium breve JCM 1192T cells on the rat cecal microbiota, in a preclinical synbiotic study groups of male WKAH/Hkm Slc rats were fed for 3 weeks with ..
- In vitro fermentation of alternansucrase raffinose-derived oligosaccharides by human gut bacteriaOswaldo Hernández-Hernández
Instituto de Química Orgánica general CSIC, Juan de la Cierva 3, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 59:10901-6. 2011In this work, in vitro fermentation of alternansucrase raffinose-derived oligosaccharides, previously fractionated according to their degree of polymerization (DP; from DP4 to DP10), was carried out using small-scale pH-controlled batch ..
- Factors affecting human islet of Langerhans isolation yieldsC Toso
Division of Surgical Research, Department of Surgery, University Hospital, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Transplant Proc 34:826-7. 2002
- Raffinose and stachyose metabolism are not required for efficient soybean seed germinationEmily C Dierking
University of Missouri Columbia, Division of Plant Sciences, 110 Waters Hall, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Plant Physiol 166:1329-35. 2009b>Raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs), which include raffinose and stachyose, are thought to be an important source of energy during seed germination...
- Experimental small bowel preservation using Polysol: a new alternative to University of Wisconsin solution, Celsior and histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate solution?Lai Wei
House of Experimental Therapy, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 13:3684-91. 2007....
- Expression of a GALACTINOL SYNTHASE gene is positively associated with desiccation tolerance of Brassica napus seeds during developmentXu Li
National Engineering Laboratory for Tree Breeding, College of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Beijing, China
J Plant Physiol 168:1761-70. 2011Desiccation tolerance of seeds is positively correlated with raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs). However, RFOs' role in desiccation tolerance is still a matter of controversy...
- Development of a double-crossover markerless gene deletion system in Bifidobacterium longum: functional analysis of the α-galactosidase gene for raffinose assimilationYosuke Hirayama
Laboratory of Microbial Physiology, Research Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:4984-94. 2012..Markerless gene deletion was tested using the aga gene, which encodes α-galactosidase, whose substrates include raffinose. Almost all the pTBR101-CM-transformed strains became double-crossover recombinants after subculture, and 4 out ..
- Inherent toxicity of organ preservation solutions to cultured hepatocytesUrsula Rauen
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Universitatsklinikum, Hufelandstr 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Cryobiology 56:88-92. 2008..These potential toxicities should be taken into account in the development of future preservation solutions...
- Degradation of raffinose oligosaccharides in soymilk by immobilized alpha-galactosidase of Aspergillus oryzaeGirigowda Kotiguda
Department of Biochemistry, Gulbarga University, Gulbarga 585106, Karnataka, India
J Microbiol Biotechnol 17:1430-6. 2007..The immobilized enzyme was used in batch, repeated batch, and continuous modes to degrade the raffinose-family sugars present in soymilk...
- Diets supplemented with chickpea or its main oligosaccharide component raffinose modify faecal microbial composition in healthy adultsW M U Fernando
Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Benef Microbes 1:197-207. 2010The effects of diets supplemented with either chickpea or its main oligosaccharide raffinose on the composition of the faecal microbial community were examined in 12 healthy adults (18-65 years) in a randomised crossover intervention ..
- Genome-wide identification of genes involved in raffinose metabolism in MaizeMei Liang Zhou
School of Life and Basic Sciences, Sichuan Agricultural University, Yaan, Sichuan 625014, People s Republic of China
Glycobiology 22:1775-85. 2012The raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs), such as raffinose and stachyose, are synthesized by a set of distinct galactosyltransferases, which sequentially add galactose units to sucrose...
- Cold preservation-warm reperfusion perturbs cytosolic calcium ion homeostasis in rat liver sinusoidal endothelial cellsStéphanie Auger
Department of Pharmacology, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Liver Transpl 9:150-9. 2003..Cold preservation does not significantly affect changes in SEC steady-state Ca(2+) levels, but greatly impairs the capacity of SECs to subsequently respond to Ca(2+)-mobilizing agonists...
- Static cold storage preservation of ischemically damaged kidneys. a comparison between IGL-1 and UW solutionMark Hugo J Maathuis
University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Transpl Int 21:473-82. 2008..In the present experiment, static CS preservation of ischemically damaged rat kidneys in either IGL-1 or UW-CSS rendered equal results after transplantation...
- Role of perfusion medium, oxygen and rheology for endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced cell death after hypothermic machine preservation of the liverSteffen Manekeller
Surgical Research Division, University Clinic of Surgery, Bonn, Germany
Transpl Int 21:169-77. 2008..The simple insufflation of gaseous O2 may be considered a feasible alternative, apparently indifferent to the endoplasmic reticulum...
- Effects of polyethylene glycol and hydroxyethyl starch in University of Wisconsin preservation solution on human red blood cell aggregation and viscosityI B Mosbah
Liver Ischemia Reperfusion Injury Unit, the Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas de Barcelona, CSIC IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Transplant Proc 38:1229-35. 2006..These results were consistent with reduced viscosity for PEG-containing solutions. In conclusion, the use of PEG did not change the physiologic function of human RBCs and thus may be an alternative to HES in UW liquids...
- Polyethylene glycol modified-albumin enhances the cold preservation properties of University of Wisconsin solution in rat liver and a hepatocyte cell lineRime Abbas
Department of Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 5047, USA
J Surg Res 164:95-104. 2010..Peg-Alb-UW solution improved the integrity of the glutathione redox buffer system of a hepatocyte cell line after cold storage and reperfusion...
- Effect of University of Wisconsin organ-preservation solution on haemorheologyArjan van der Plaats
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Groningen, P O Box 196, 9700 AD Groningen, The Netherlands
Transpl Int 17:227-33. 2004..The aggregates are larger than the diameter of the sinusoids. Initial washout could be optimised by pre-flushing to improve the viability of the liver and to decrease delayed graft function...
- Improved islet yield and function with ductal injection of University of Wisconsin solution before pancreas preservationToshiya Sawada
Diabetes Institute for Immunology and Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Transplantation 75:1965-9. 2003....
- alpha-Galactoside uptake in Rhizobium meliloti: isolation and characterization of agpA, a gene encoding a periplasmic binding protein required for melibiose and raffinose utilizationD J Gage
Department of Biological Sciences, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5020, USA
J Bacteriol 180:5739-48. 1998..meliloti and at low levels in the free-living bacteria, we propose that AgpA may belong to the class of gene products whose expression decreases when R. meliloti becomes an intracellular symbiont...
- Two-layer method (UW solution/perfluorochemical plus O2) for lung preservation in rat lung transplantationC C Liu
Taipei Venteran General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Transplant Proc 39:3019-23. 2007..Histologic examination revealed more inflammatory cell aggregates in the lung graft preserved using a two-layer method...
- Preservation of the human pancreas before islet isolation using a two-layer (UW solution-perfluorochemical) cold storage methodJonathan R T Lakey
Department of Surgery, Surgical Medical Research Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Transplantation 74:1809-11. 2002
- Modified two-layer preservation method (M-Kyoto/PFC) improves islet yields in islet isolationH Noguchi
Diabetes Research Institute Kyoto, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Am J Transplant 6:496-504. 2006..In conclusion, the advantages of M-Kyoto solution are trypsin inhibition and less collagenase inhibition. Based on these data, we now use M-Kyoto solution for clinical islet transplantation from nonheart-beating donor pancreata...
- Molecular markers in stored kidneys using perfluorocarbon-based preservation solution: preliminary resultsD G Maluf
Division of Transplant, Department of Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0248, USA
Transplant Proc 38:1243-6. 2006..We evaluated histologically and a number of molecular changes induced by ischemia in stored kidneys with University of Wisconsin (UW) and PFC-based preservation solutions (PFC-UW)...
- Chain Elongation of raffinose in pea seeds. Isolation, characterization, and molecular cloning of mutifunctional enzyme catalyzing the synthesis of stachyose and verbascoseThomas Peterbauer
Institute of Ecology, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 277:194-200. 2002b>Raffinose oligosaccharides are major soluble carbohydrates in seeds and other tissues of plants...
- Over-expression of OsUGE-1 altered raffinose level and tolerance to abiotic stress but not morphology in ArabidopsisHui Li Liu
Key Laboratory of Photosynthesis and Environmental Molecular Physiology, Institute of Botany, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Nanxincun 20, Xiangshan, Beijing 100093, China
J Plant Physiol 164:1384-90. 2007..In addition, transgenic plants showed a higher level of the soluble sugar raffinose than did wild-type plants...
- Ductal injection of preservation solution increases islet yields in islet isolation and improves islet graft functionHirofumi Noguchi
Transplantation Unit, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Cell Transplant 17:69-81. 2008..Based on these data, this technique is now used for clinical islet transplantation from non-heart-beating donor pancreata or living donor pancreas...
- Mrt, a gene unique to fungi, encodes an oligosaccharide transporter and facilitates rhizosphere competency in Metarhizium robertsiiWeiguo Fang
Department of Entomology, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
Plant Physiol 154:1549-57. 2010..Here, we demonstrate that sucrose and raffinose family oligosaccharides in root exudates are important for rhizosphere competence in the insect pathogen ..
- myo-Inositol and sucrose concentrations affect the accumulation of raffinose family oligosaccharides in seedsUte Karner
Institute of Ecology, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Exp Bot 55:1981-7. 2004b>Raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs) fulfil multiple functions in plants. In seeds, they possibly protect cellular structures during desiccation and constitute carbon reserves for early germination...
- Inhibition of raffinose oligosaccharide breakdown delays germination of pea seedsAndreas Blöchl
Department of Chemical Ecology and Ecosystem Research, University of Vienna, Althanstr 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Plant Physiol 164:1093-6. 2007b>Raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs) are almost ubiquitous in seeds and have been hypothesized to constitute an important energy source during germination...
- Perfluorocarbon improves post-transplant survival and early kidney function following prolonged cold ischemiaT Marada
Department of Transplant Surgery and Center for Experimental Medicine, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Eur Surg Res 44:170-8. 2010..We tested whether this technique would prevent tissue damage and improve kidney function in a model of syngeneic kidney transplantation with prolonged ischemia time...
- Successful pancreas preservation by a perfluorocarbon-based one-layer method for subsequent pig islet isolationDaniel Brandhorst
Third Medical Department, University Hospital, Rodthohl 6, 35385 Giessen, Germany
Transplantation 79:433-7. 2005..The present study examined whether PFC can be used in a one-layer method (OLM) for long-term pancreas preservation before isolation of adult pig islets...
- The role of raffinose in the cold acclimation response of Arabidopsis thalianaEllen Zuther
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, 14424 Potsdam, Germany
FEBS Lett 576:169-73. 2004In many plants raffinose family oligosaccharides are accumulated during cold acclimation. The contribution of raffinose accumulation to freezing tolerance is not clear...
- Transcript and metabolite profiling during cold acclimation of Arabidopsis reveals an intricate relationship of cold-regulated gene expression with modifications in metabolite contentFatma Kaplan
Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, Department of Environmental Horticulture, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Plant J 50:967-81. 2007..The present findings demonstrate that regulatory processes independent of transcript abundance represent a key part of the metabolic adjustments that occur during cold acclimation...
- Cloning and expression analysis of a UDP-galactose/glucose pyrophosphorylase from melon fruit provides evidence for the major metabolic pathway of galactose metabolism in raffinose oligosaccharide metabolizing plantsNir Dai
Department of Vegetable Research, Agricultural Research Organization, Volcani Center, Bet Dagan, 50250, Israel
Plant Physiol 142:294-304. 2006The Cucurbitaceae translocate a significant portion of their photosynthate as raffinose and stachyose, which are galactosyl derivatives of sucrose...
- Cloning, functional expression, and characterization of the raffinose oligosaccharide chain elongation enzyme, galactan:galactan galactosyltransferase, from common bugle leavesEsther M Tapernoux-Lüthi
Institute of Plant Biology, University of Zurich, Zollikerstrasse 107, Ch 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Plant Physiol 134:1377-87. 2004Galactan:galactan galactosyltransferase (GGT) is a unique enzyme of the raffinose family oligosaccharide (RFO) biosynthetic pathway...
- The preservation of liposomes by raffinose family oligosaccharides during drying is mediated by effects on fusion and lipid phase transitionsDirk K Hincha
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, D 14424 Potsdam, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1612:172-7. 2003b>Raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFO) have been implicated as protective agents in the cellular dehydration tolerance, especially of many plant seeds...
- Phloem loading in Verbascum phoeniceum L. depends on the synthesis of raffinose-family oligosaccharidesAshlee McCaskill
Department of Plant Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:19619-24. 2007..It has been proposed that loading occurs symplastically in species that translocate carbohydrate primarily as raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs)...
- Transport and metabolism of raffinose family oligosaccharides in transgenic potatoMatthew A Hannah
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, D 14424 Potsdam, Germany
J Exp Bot 57:3801-11. 2006b>Raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs) are involved in the storage and transport of carbon and serve as compatible solutes for protection against abiotic stresses like drought or cold...
- Effect of pH on Lactobacillus fermentum growth, raffinose removal, alpha-galactosidase activity and fermentation productsJ G LeBlanc
Centro de Referencia para Lactobacilos CERELA CONICET, Chacabuco 145, San Miguel de Tucuman, 4000 Tucuman, Argentina
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 65:119-23. 2004..Growth was similar under all conditions assayed except at pH 4.5. These microorganisms were able to eliminate raffinose, a nondigestible alpha-oligosaccharide (NDO) found in soy products, showing a consumption rate of 0...
- Crystal structure of inactivated Thermotoga maritima invertase in complex with the trisaccharide substrate raffinoseFrançois Alberto
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolecules Biologiques, UMR6098, CNRS, Universités Aix Marseille I and II, Case 932, 163 Avenue de Luminy, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Biochem J 395:457-62. 2006..a member of the glycoside hydrolase family GH-32, readily releases beta-D-fructose from sucrose, raffinose and fructan polymers such as inulin...
- Induction of sucrose utilization genes from Bifidobacterium lactis by sucrose and raffinoseMarla I Trindade
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch 7701, South Africa
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:24-32. 2003..In B. lactis, total sucrase activity was induced by the presence of sucrose, raffinose, or oligofructose in the culture medium and was repressed by glucose...
- Suppressive effect of dietary raffinose on T-helper 2 cell-mediated immunityTaizo Nagura
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Nutr 88:421-6. 2002The effects of the dietary oligosaccharide raffinose on immune responses, with special reference to its anti-allergic functions, were examined in vivo...
- O-raffinose cross-linking markedly reduces systemic and renal vasoconstrictor effects of unmodified human hemoglobinW Lieberthal
Renal Division, Evans Department of Medicine, Naval Blood Research Laboratory, Boston University Medical Center, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 288:1278-87. 1999..We compared unmodified hemoglobin with hemoglobin cross-linked with O-raffinose. Unmodified hemoglobin increased systemic vascular resistance and mean arterial pressure more than the O-..
- Assessment of hypolactasia and site-specific intestinal permeability by differential sugar absorption of raffinose, lactose, sucrose and mannitolJan Hessels
Clinical Laboratory, Twenteborg Hospital, Almelo, The Netherlands
Clin Chem Lab Med 41:1056-63. 2003..In this study, we evaluated the utility of raffinose, lactose, sucrose and mannitol as probe sugars and calculated their urinary recovery as a percentage of ingested ..
- Preservation of the liver graft with Celsior solutionF A Garcia-Gil
Liver Transplant Unit, Hospital Clinico Universitario Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Spain
Transplant Proc 38:2385-8. 2006..We studied the evolution of the liver graft with preservation in Celsior (CS) compared with University of Wisconsin solution (UW)...
- Current status and perspective of liver preservation solutionsXiao Ning Feng
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310003, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 5:490-4. 2006..In this article, we review recent advances in liver preservation solutions...
- The UW solution has greater potential for longer preservation periods than the Celsior solution: comparative study for ventricular and coronary endothelial function after 24-h heart preservationNoriyoshi Kajihara
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 29:784-9. 2006..We compared the efficacies of the University of Wisconsin (UW) and Celsior solutions on ventricular and endothelial functions after 24-h preservation...
- Hypothermic machine perfusion of liver grafts for transplantation: technical development in human discard and miniature swine modelsJ V Guarrera
Department of Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York 10032, USA
Transplant Proc 37:323-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to develop a reproducible technique for liver HMP prior to initiating a clinical trial...
- A comparative prospective study of two available solutions for kidney and liver preservationPaola Pedotti
Genetic and Molecular Epidemiology Unit IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Milano, Italy
Transplantation 77:1540-5. 2004..We have performed a prospective multicenter study to compare the role of these cold-storage solutions on kidney and liver recovery after transplantation...
- Pronlonged hypothermic machine perfusion preserves hepatocellular function but potentiates endothelial cell dysfunction in rat liversHongzhi Xu
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina, Charlotte, NC 28223, USA
Transplantation 77:1676-82. 2004..The present study was conducted to investigate endothelial and hepatocellular functions following extended HMP (> r =24 hr) in rat liver model...
- Comparison of histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate solution and University of Wisconsin solution for organ preservation in clinical pancreas transplantationJonathan A Fridell
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Transplantation 77:1304-6. 2004..This study assesses the efficacy of histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate (HTK) compared with UW in pancreas transplantation...
- Impact of organ preservation using HTK for graft flush and subsequent storage in UW in rat kidney transplantationVolker Schmitz
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Eur Surg Res 38:388-98. 2006..Since previous reports have indicated a benefit of combining histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate (HTK) and University of Wisconsin (UW) solution, we evaluated the effects of initial flush with low viscosity HTK, followed by storage in UW...
- Comparison of histidine-tryptophan ketoglutarate solution and University of Wisconsin solution in prolonged cold preservation of kidney allograftsAvinash Agarwal
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Transplantation 81:480-2. 2006..This data suggests that UW and HTK have at least similar efficacy in kidney preservation at longer ischemic times...
- Ex-vivo study of flow dynamics and endothelial cell structure during extended hypothermic machine perfusion preservation of liversShailendra Jain
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Science, UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC, USA
Cryobiology 48:322-32. 2004..Histological findings confirm these results. As a result, heterogeneous flow pattern, red cell stasis, and edema occur, which may lead to the failure of these tissues following extended HMP...
- The influence of short-term fasting on the quality of small bowel graft preservationPayam Salehi
Surgical Medical Research Institute, 1074 Dentistry Pharmacy Building, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alta, Canada T6G 2N8
Cryobiology 50:83-92. 2005..In this study, we investigated the effect of donor nutritional status and a proven nutrient-rich preservation solution on graft quality following cold storage...
- Ischemic type biliary lesions in histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate (HTK) preserved liver graftsC Moench
Department of Transplantation and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Int J Artif Organs 29:329-34. 2006..We suggest that low viscosity of the preservation fluid by itself does not guarantee reliable perfusion of the small arteries of a liver graft and a pressure perfusion might be beneficial even in HTK solution...
- Kidney transplantation from non-heart-beating donors after oxygenated low-flow machine perfusion preservation with histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate solutionThomas Minor
Surgical Research Division, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127, Bonn, Germany
Transpl Int 17:707-12. 2005..In conclusion, provision of oxygen during storage is possible by low-flow perfusion with HTK as with Belzer MPS and apparently improves graft viability after transplantation...
- Suppression of cold ischemic injury in stored kidneys by the antimicrobial peptide bactenecinJonathan F McAnulty
Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Wisconsin, 2015 Linden Dr, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Cryobiology 49:230-40. 2004..Cold ischemic injury plays an important role in short- and long-term function of kidneys after transplant. Antimicrobial peptides have not previously been studied for their impact on cold ischemia in transplanted kidneys...
- Flow and pressure during liver preservation under ex situ and in situ perfusion with University of Wisconsin solution and histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate solutionC Moench
Department of Transplantation and Hepatobiliarypancreatic Surgery, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Eur Surg Res 39:175-81. 2007..No major differences between HTK and UW solutions could be detected. Therefore, an additional ex situ perfusion of the hepatic artery should be mandatory in every liver procurement...
- UW is superior to Celsior and HTK in the protection of human liver endothelial cells against preservation injuryHermann Janssen
Klinik für Allgemein und Transplantationschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany
Liver Transpl 10:1514-23. 2004..In conclusion, our cell culture model reveals the order of efficacy to protect HLEC against preservation injury as: UW >> CS > HTK...
- Loss of endothelium-dependent relaxation in abdominal aorta preserved in a co-storage systemJane M Knes
Division of Transplantation Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin Clinical Science Center, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Transpl Int 17:699-706. 2005..We conclude that parenchymal cells exude factors during preservation by cold storage which reversibly inhibit vascular NO production. These factors could significantly impair whole organ function on reperfusion...
- Wash-out of the non-heart-beating donor liver: a matter of flush solution and temperature?Maud Bessems
Surgical Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Liver Int 26:880-8. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the type of flush solution, temperature and anticoagulant content on the wash-out of the non-heart-beating donor (NHBD) rat liver...
- Histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate solution vs. University of Wisconsin solution for liver transplantation: a systematic reviewLi Feng
Key Laboratory of Transplant Engineering and Immunology, Ministry of Health, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, PR China
Liver Transpl 13:1125-36. 2007..Adequately powered RCTs with longer follow-up periods are required to evaluate the long-term effect of these 2 solutions...
- Short-term ischaemic storage of human uterine myometrium--basic studies towards uterine transplantationC Almén Wranning
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
Hum Reprod 20:2736-44. 2005..Transplantation of the uterus has been suggested as a possible future treatment of absolute uterine infertility. The tolerability of human uterine tissue to cold ischaemic storage was tested in the present study...
- 24-h storage of pig livers in UW, HTK, hydroxyethyl starch, and saline solution: is microdialysis an appropriate method for the continuous graft monitoring during preservation?Gero Puhl
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Transplantationschirurgie, Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt Universitat, Berlin, Germany
Transpl Int 19:303-9. 2006..Whether or not glycerol monitoring could represent an additional and rational complementation to the current practice of macroscopic, microscopic and donor evaluation has to be clarified by further studies...
- Solutions for organ perfusion and storage: haemorheologic aspectsP Panzera
Department of General Surgery and Liver Transplantation, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Transplant Proc 37:2456-8. 2005..We was also evaluated the effect of these solutions on cellular membranes by measuring acetylcholinesterase (AChE), which is a marker of RBC membrane integrity...
- Improved viability and reduced apoptosis in sub-zero 21-hour preservation of transplanted rat hearts using anti-freeze proteinsGabriel Amir
Heart Transplantation Unit, Department of Cardiac Surgery, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Heart Lung Transplant 24:1915-29. 2005..We sought to evaluate and compare the effects of prolonged sub-zero cryopreservation of transplanted rat hearts using AFP I or AFP III...
- Pancreas preservation with the University of Wisconsin versus Celsior solutionsA Manrique
Servicio de Cirugia General, Ap Digestivo y Trasplante de Organos Abdominales, Hospital Universitario Doce de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 38:2582-4. 2006..The use of Celsior solution for organ preservation has not been thoroughly studied in pancreas transplantation. The aim of this study was to compare University of Wisconsin and Celsior solutions for preservation of pancreas grafts...
- Pancreas preservation with University of Wisconsin and Celsior solutions: a single-center, prospective, randomized pilot studyUgo Boggi
Divisione di Chirurgia Generale e Trapianti, Dipartimento di Oncologia, Trapianti e Nuove Tecnologie in Medicina, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Transplantation 77:1186-90. 2004..We report the results of a single-center, prospective, randomized pilot study specifically designed to compare the safety profile of Celsior solution with University of Wisconsin (UW) solution in clinical pancreas transplantation...
- Pancreas preservation with University of Wisconsin and Celsior solutionsU Boggi
Divisione di Chirurgia Generale e Trapianti, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Transplant Proc 36:563-5. 2004..Although the use of Celsior has been recently described for heart, lung, liver, and kidney transplantation, no data are available on its use for clinical pancreas preservation...
- Testing combinations of protease inhibitor and preservation solution to improve islet quality and yieldI H Al-Abdullah
City of Hope National Medical Center and Beckman Research Institute, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Transplant Proc 40:390-2. 2008..We hypothesized that using both TLM and Pefabloc could enhance islet yield as compared with preservation in University of Wisconsin (UW) or Histidine-Tryptophan Ketoglutarate (HTK) solution...
- Organ preservation with histidine-tryptophan ketogluatarate solution in clinical pancreas transplantation: an update of the indiana university experienceA Agarwal
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Transplant Proc 40:498-501. 2008..Serum fasting blood glucose and serial amylase remained comparable at all intervals posttransplantation to those of a historical UW cohort. Within this range of cold ischemia times, HTK appears to provide effective pancreas preservation...
- Biochemical and morphological changes in pancreas stored under hypothermic conditionsA Kinasiewicz
Department of General and Transplantation Surgery, Medical University of Warsaw, 59 Nowogrodzka Street, 02 006 Warsaw, Poland
Transplant Proc 34:655-6. 2002
- Evaluation of rat liver apoptotic and necrotic cell death after cold storage using UW, HTK, and CelsiorIrene H Straatsburg
Surgical Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transplantation 74:458-64. 2002..In the isolated perfused rat liver model, we compared the effects of Celsior, University of Wisconsin (UW), and histidine-tryptophan-ketoglutarate (HTK) preservation solutions on liver cell death...
- Pathomorphologic and microcirculatory changes and endothelin-1 expression in UW-and Celsior-preserved pancreata in experimental pancreas transplantationS Ludwig
Department of Surgery II, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Transplant Proc 34:2364-5. 2002
- Genetic variation and regulatory networks: Mechanisms and complexityDANA PE ER; Fiscal Year: 2009..These tools will be made publicly available, including a friendly graphical user interface and visualization. ..
- Substrate Selection in Homologous Bacterial TransportersManuel Varela; Fiscal Year: 2004..coli (LacY) also confer sugar selection in homologous transporters for melibiose (MelY), raffinose (RafB) and sucrose (CseB)...
- Heptocellular Response to CryopreservationMehmet Toner; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed studies will be carried out using several key sugars including trehalose, sucrose, raffinose, stachyose, and mixtures thereof...
- Heptocellular Response to CryopreservationMehmet Toner; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will be carried out using several key sugars including trehalose, sucrose, raffinose, stachyose, and mixtures thereof...
- Heptocellular Response to CryopreservationMehmet Toner; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed studies will be carried out using several key sugars including trehalose, sucrose, raffinose, stachyose, and mixtures thereof...
- Heptocellular Response to CryopreservationMehmet Toner; Fiscal Year: 2004
- Model of Transport in Renal Medullary MicrovasculatureAURELIE EDWARDS; Fiscal Year: 2006..Permeability of DVR to sodium and raffinose varies with perfusion rate; this dependence may be mediated by NO generation...
- Model of Transport in Renal Medullary MicrovasculatureAURELIE EDWARDS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Permeability of DVR to sodium and raffinose varies with perfusion rate; this dependence may be mediated by NO generation...
- Model of Transport in Renal Medullary MicrovasculatureAURELIE EDWARDS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Permeability of DVR to sodium and raffinose varies with perfusion rate; this dependence may be mediated by NO generation...
- Model of Transport in Renal Medullary MicrovasculatureAURELIE EDWARDS; Fiscal Year: 2005
- SITES AND MECHANISMS OF PLASMA PROTEIN CATABOLISMSuzanne Thorpe; Fiscal Year: 1990..Our laboratory has been involved in the development of these labels for a number of years, beginning with (3H)raffinose in 1978, and followed by dilactitol-125I-tyramine in 1985...
- SITES AND MECHANISMS OF PLASMA PROTEIN CATABOLISMSuzanne Thorpe; Fiscal Year: 1980..We have designed a non-biodegradable radioactive tag, 3H-raffinose, which permits, for the first time, identification of the sites of uptake and degradation of plasma proteins ..
- WATER TRANSPORT IN THE PROXIMAL CONVOLUTED TUBULEANN BERRY; Fiscal Year: 1980..we wish to re-examine the reflection coefficients of the proximal convoluted tubule for NaCl, NaHCO3, and raffinose. Third, if the route of water flow from lumen to bath is transcellular, we wish to determine the reflection ..
- VASOMOTOR CONTROL OF DESCENDING VASA RECTATHOMAS PALLONE; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will determine the role of VOCC and nonselective cation channels in Angll signaling and test a role for protein kinase C in their activation. ..
- VASOMOTOR CONTROL OF DESCENDING VASA RECTATHOMAS PALLONE; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will determine the role of VOCC and nonselective cation channels in Angll signaling and test a role for protein kinase C in their activation. ..
- Factors affecting ice formation in cells and their relevance to cryopreservationPeter Mazur; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURY IN DIABETESJudy Kersten; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURY IN DIABETESJudy R Kersten; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Dissection of a Motor Central Pattern GeneratorJOHN BOUGHTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Transporter Classification Database (TCDB)Milton Saier; Fiscal Year: 2007..6) Develop approaches that will allow integration of the different lines of functional information revealed in specific aims #4 and 5. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Transporter Classification Database (TCDB)Milton Saier; Fiscal Year: 2009..6) Develop approaches that will allow integration of the different lines of functional information revealed in specific aims #4 and 5. ..
- The Transporter Classification Database (TCDB)Milton Saier; Fiscal Year: 2006..6) Develop approaches that will allow integration of the different lines of functional information revealed in specific aims #4 and 5. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Factors affecting ice formation in cells and their relevance to cryopreservationPeter Mazur; Fiscal Year: 2007..The final goal will be to use the mechanistic data on IIF to devise better methods of avoiding it and thus improve success in the cryopreservation of cells that currently can not be well cryopreserved. ..
- Factors affecting ice formation in cells and their relevance to cryopreservationPeter Mazur; Fiscal Year: 2009..The final goal will be to use the mechanistic data on IIF to devise better methods of avoiding it and thus improve success in the cryopreservation of cells that currently can not be well cryopreserved. ..
- VASOMOTOR CONTROL OF DESCENDING VASA RECTATHOMAS PALLONE; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will determine the role of VOCC and nonselective cation channels in Angll signaling and test a role for protein kinase C in their activation. ..
- Specificity of Streptococcus mutans sugar transportersDragana Ajdic; Fiscal Year: 2008..mutans, and will identify substrates for its sugar transporters. The information obtained from the proposed study should dramatically advance our understanding of this important human pathogen. ..
- Sugars as Novel Cryoprotectants for Primate OocytesAli Eroglu; Fiscal Year: 2008..We predict that the proposed research will result in a reliable preservation technique for primate oocytes by circumventing many of the difficulties associated with conventional protocols. ..
- Factors affecting ice formation in cells and their relevance to cryopreservationPeter Mazur; Fiscal Year: 2008..The final goal will be to use the mechanistic data on IIF to devise better methods of avoiding it and thus improve success in the cryopreservation of cells that currently can not be well cryopreserved. ..
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURY IN DIABETESJudy Kersten; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURY IN DIABETESJudy Kersten; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- The Transporter Classification Database (TCDB)Milton Saier; Fiscal Year: 2009..6) Develop approaches that will allow integration of the different lines of functional information revealed in specific aims #4 and 5. ..
- Genetic Dissection of a Motor Central Pattern GeneratorJOHN BOUGHTER; Fiscal Year: 2008..plastic behaviors will be a source of information relevant for a number of human CMS disorders involving abnormal repetitive movements. ..
- SENSORY CODING IN TASTEJOHN BOUGHTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..These experiments test the hypothesis that there are differences in voltage- activated conductances and cell morphology between neurons projecting to the VPMpc and the CeA. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Sugars as Novel Cryoprotectants for Primate OocytesAli Eroglu; Fiscal Year: 2009..We predict that the proposed research will result in a reliable preservation technique for primate oocytes by circumventing many of the difficulties associated with conventional protocols. ..
- The Transporter Classification Database (TCDB)Milton Saier; Fiscal Year: 2008..6) Develop approaches that will allow integration of the different lines of functional information revealed in specific aims #4 and 5. ..
- AQUAPORINS, ICE FORMATION IN CELLS,/CRYOPRESERVATIONPeter Mazur; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ATP-DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASES IN GRAM-POSITIVE BACTERIAMilton Saier; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- CYROBIOLOGICAL PRESERVATION OF ANOPHELES EMBRYOSPeter Mazur; Fiscal Year: 2001..Such a mutant has been isolated in a related species, Anopheles quadrimaculatus. We also propose to collaborate with the Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases at NIH in the cryopreservation of A gambiae larvae. ..
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURY IN DIABETESJudy Kersten; Fiscal Year: 2001..Thus, this proposal will delineate mechanisms responsible for the adverse consequences of diabetes and hyperglycemia during myocardial ischemia using an integrated approach of in vivo and cellular techniques. ..
- ATP DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASES IN GRAM POSITIVE BACTERIAMilton Saier; Fiscal Year: 2000..The knowledge gained should be applicable to the control of pathogenic bacteria. The protein kinase-mediated regulatory processes under study are expected to be relevant to analogous processes in eukaryotic organisms. ..
- ATP DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASES IN GRAM POSITIVE BACTERIAMilton Saier; Fiscal Year: 1999..The knowledge gained should be applicable to the control of pathogenic bacteria. The protein kinase-mediated regulatory processes under study are expected to be relevant to analogous processes in eukaryotic organisms. ..
- VASOMOTOR CONTROL OF DESCENDING VASA RECTATHOMAS PALLONE; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- MICROVASCULAR TRANSPORT IN THE RENAL MEDULLATHOMAS PALLONE; Fiscal Year: 2002..Exchange of albumin and middle molecular weight solutes will also be simulated. ..
- AQUAPORINS, ICE FORMATION IN CELLS,/CRYOPRESERVATIONPeter Mazur; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURY IN DIABETESJudy Kersten; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, this proposal will delineate mechanisms responsible for the adverse consequences of diabetes and hyperglycemia during myocardial ischemia using an integrated approach of in vivo and cellular techniques. ..
- Calcium Signaling in Vasa Recta EndotheliumTHOMAS PALLONE; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will test whether DVR contractions to norepinephrine, Angll and KCI are increased, measure NO production and assess effects of OH on endothelial and pericyte Ca2+ signaling. ..
- AQUAPORINS, ICE FORMATION IN CELLS,/CRYOPRESERVATIONPeter Mazur; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ATP-DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASES IN GRAM-POSITIVE BACTERIAMilton Saier; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Bitter Taste: Physiology and BehaviorJOHN BOUGHTER; Fiscal Year: 2004..By examining these strain differences in receptor cell function, these studies should help to link ongoing molecular advances to the neural mechanisms underlying bitter taste function. ..
- MECHANISMS OF MYOCARDIAL ISCHEMIC INJURY IN DIABETESJudy Kersten; Fiscal Year: 2003..Thus, this proposal will delineate mechanisms responsible for the adverse consequences of diabetes and hyperglycemia during myocardial ischemia using an integrated approach of in vivo and cellular techniques. ..
- VASOMOTOR CONTROL OF DESCENDING VASA RECTATHOMAS PALLONE; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- VASOMOTOR CONTROL OF DESCENDING VASA RECTATHOMAS PALLONE; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Role of SLc11a1 Gen in Warm Ischemia-Reperfusion InjurySamuel Wyllie; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will identify molecular mechanisms by which Slc11a1 modulates liver I/R injury, and will provide a novel target for therapeutic intervention in I/R-mediated organ injury. ..
- SENSORY CODING IN TASTEJOHN BOUGHTER; Fiscal Year: 2008..These experiments test the hypothesis that there are differences in voltage- activated conductances and cell morphology between neurons projecting to the VPMpc and the CeA. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..