Genomes and Genes
Summary: A nonreducing disaccharide composed of GLUCOSE and FRUCTOSE linked via their anomeric carbons. It is obtained commercially from SUGARCANE, sugar beet (BETA VULGARIS), and other plants and used extensively as a food and a sweetener.
Publications227 found, 100 shown here
- MAPMAN: a user-driven tool to display genomics data sets onto diagrams of metabolic pathways and other biological processesOliver Thimm
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Plant Physiology, Golm, Germany
Plant J 37:914-39. 2004....
- Differential patterns of reactive oxygen species and antioxidative mechanisms during atrazine injury and sucrose-induced tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana plantletsFanny Ramel
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite de Rennes I, UMR 6553 Ecobio, Campus de Beaulieu, Bâtiment 14A, F 35042, Rennes Cedex, France
BMC Plant Biol 9:28. 2009..b>Sucrose has been shown to confer to Arabidopsis seedlings a high level of tolerance to the herbicide atrazine, which ..
- Sucrose synthase is an integral component of the cellulose synthesis machinerySatoshi Fujii
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Osaka, 560 0043 Japan f
Plant Cell Physiol 51:294-301. 2010..to as the catalytic unit of cellulose synthesis, was enriched with a 78 kDa polypeptide which was verified as sucrose synthase like by mass spectrometry and immunoblotting...
- Mrt, a gene unique to fungi, encodes an oligosaccharide transporter and facilitates rhizosphere competency in Metarhizium robertsiiWeiguo Fang
Department of Entomology, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
Plant Physiol 154:1549-57. 2010..Here, we demonstrate that sucrose and raffinose family oligosaccharides in root exudates are important for rhizosphere competence in the insect ..
- Varenicline, an alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor partial agonist, selectively decreases ethanol consumption and seekingPia Steensland
Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, University of California, San Francisco, 5858 Horton Street, Suite 200, Emeryville, CA 94608, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:12518-23. 2007..administration of varenicline, in doses reported to reduce nicotine reward, selectively reduced ethanol but not sucrose seeking using an operant self-administration drinking paradigm and also decreased voluntary ethanol but not water ..
- Comparison of the cariogenicity of cola, honey, cow milk, human milk, and sucroseWilliam H Bowen
Center for Oral Biology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Pediatrics 116:921-6. 2005..We chose to examine sucrose, cola drink, honey, human milk, cow milk, and water because some of these have been associated with development ..
- A flux model of glycolysis and the oxidative pentosephosphate pathway in developing Brassica napus embryosJorg Schwender
Department of Plant Biology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
J Biol Chem 278:29442-53. 2003Developing oilseeds synthesize large quantities of triacylglycerol from sucrose and hexose...
- Prospects for increasing starch and sucrose yields for bioethanol productionAlison M Smith
Department of Metabolic Biology, John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Plant J 54:546-58. 2008..b>Sucrose accumulation is much less well understood than starch synthesis, but recent results from research on sugar cane ..
- Sucrose transport in the phloem: integrating root responses to phosphorus starvationJohn P Hammond
Warwick HRI, University of Warwick, Wellesbourne, Warwick CV35 9EF, UK
J Exp Bot 59:93-109. 2008..Photosynthate is primarily transported to sink tissues as sucrose via the phloem. Under phosphorus (P) starvation, plants accumulate sugars and starch in their leaves...
- Elevated basal PI 3-kinase activity and reduced insulin signaling in sucrose-induced hepatic insulin resistanceMichael J Pagliassotti
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282:E170-6. 2002b>Sucrose feeding reduces the ability of insulin to suppress glucose production and hepatic gluconeogenesis. The present study examined the effect of a high-sucrose diet on early insulin-signaling steps in the liver...
- Differential effects of sucrose and auxin on localized phosphate deficiency-induced modulation of different traits of root system architecture in ArabidopsisAjay Jain
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 1165, USA
Plant Physiol 144:232-47. 2007..Here, we present the differential effects of sucrose (Suc) and auxin on the Pi deficiency responses of the primary and lateral roots of Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis ..
- Daylength and circadian effects on starch degradation and maltose metabolismYan Lu
Department of Botany, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Plant Physiol 138:2280-91. 2005..Light is necessary for the cycling of transcript levels and maltose levels. Under continuous darkness, these genes were barely expressed, and no cycling of maltose levels was observed...
- Expression of biofilm-associated genes of Streptococcus mutans in response to glucose and sucroseMoshe Shemesh
Institute of Dental Sciences, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University Hadassah, POB 12272, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Med Microbiol 56:1528-35. 2007..In spite of a significant upregulation in biofilm-associated gene expression in the presence of sucrose, the presence of glucose with sucrose reduced expression of most tested genes...
- Oral sucrose stimulation increases accumbens dopamine in the ratAndras Hajnal
Department of Neural and Behavioral Sciences H181, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 286:R31-7. 2004..from possible postingestive consequences, we investigated the quantitative relationship between sham feeding of sucrose and extracellular dopamine in the nucleus accumbens with microdialysis in rats...
- NTRC links built-in thioredoxin to light and sucrose in regulating starch synthesis in chloroplasts and amyloplastsJustyna Michalska
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Golm, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:9908-13. 2009..In leaves, AGPase was activated in planta either by light or external feeding of sucrose in the dark...
- Increased sucrose level and altered nitrogen metabolism in Arabidopsis thaliana transgenic plants expressing antisense chloroplastic fructose-1,6-bisphosphataseMariam Sahrawy
Department of Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology of Plants, Estacion Experimental del Zaidin, Prof Albareda 1, 18008 Granada, Spain
J Exp Bot 55:2495-503. 2004..Decreased FBPase activity boosted the foliar carbohydrate contents, with a shift in the sucrose:starch ratio, which reached a maximum of 0.99 when the activity loss was 41%...
- Genome-wide analysis of the Arabidopsis leaf transcriptome reveals interaction of phosphate and sugar metabolismRenate Müller
Plant Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Plant Biology, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, DK 1871 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Plant Physiol 143:156-71. 2007..Leaf segments derived from phosphorus (P)-starved and P-replenished plants were incubated with or without sucrose (Suc) to obtain tissues with contrasting combinations of P and carbohydrate levels...
- Obesity induced by a pair-fed high fat sucrose diet: methylation and expression pattern of genes related to energy homeostasisAlmudena Lomba
Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Physiology and Toxicology, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Lipids Health Dis 9:60. 2010..regulation of gene expression and with obesity development, we investigated the effects on methylation and expression patterns of two pair-fed isocaloric diets in rats: control (rich in starch) and HFS (rich in fat and sucrose).
- Characterization of physico-chemical properties and pharmaceutical performance of sucrose co-freeze-dried solid nanoparticulate powders of the anti-HIV agent loviride prepared by media millingB van Eerdenbrugh
Laboratory for Pharmacotechnology and Biopharmacy, K U Leuven, Gasthuisberg O and N2, Herestraat 49, box 921, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Int J Pharm 338:198-206. 2007In order to improve the dissolution and absorption properties of loviride, a poorly soluble antiviral agent, sucrose co-freeze-dried nanopowders were prepared, characterized and evaluated...
- Oral sucrose as an analgesic drug for procedural pain in newborn infants: a randomised controlled trialRebeccah Slater
Nuffield Department of Anaesthetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Lancet 376:1225-32. 2010Many infants admitted to hospital undergo repeated invasive procedures. Oral sucrose is frequently given to relieve procedural pain in neonates on the basis of its effect on behavioural and physiological pain scores...
- Analgesic properties of oral sucrose during routine immunizations at 2 and 4 months of ageLinda A Hatfield
Pennsylvania State University School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Development, 307B HHD East, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Pediatrics 121:e327-34. 2008The purpose of this work was to evaluate the analgesic properties of oral sucrose during routine immunizations in infants at 2 and 4 months of age.
- Effects of sucrose on the extracellular matrix of plaque-like biofilm formed in vivo, studied by proteomic analysisA F Paes Leme
Piracicaba Dental School, UNICAMP, Piracicaba, Brazil
Caries Res 42:435-43. 2008Previous studies have shown that sucrose promotes changes in the composition of the extracellular matrix (ECM) of plaque-like biofilm (PLB), but its effect on protein expression has not been studied in vivo...
- Distribution of callose synthase, cellulose synthase, and sucrose synthase in tobacco pollen tube is controlled in dissimilar ways by actin filaments and microtubulesGiampiero Cai
Dipartimento Scienze Ambientali G Sarfatti, Universita di Siena, 53100 Siena, Italy
Plant Physiol 155:1169-90. 2011..Callose synthase also comigrates with tubulin by Blue Native-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. Membrane sucrose synthase, which expectedly provides UDP-glucose to callose synthase and cellulose synthase, binds to actin ..
- Breastfeeding or oral sucrose solution in term neonates receiving heel lance: a randomized, controlled trialLuigi Codipietro
ASL 10 Agnelli Hospital, Stradale Fenestrelle 72, Pinerolo 10064, Italy
Pediatrics 122:e716-21. 2008The purpose of this work was to compare the efficacy of breastfeeding versus orally administered sucrose solution in reducing pain response during blood sampling through heel lance...
- Long-term dietary compensation for added sugar: effects of supplementary sucrose drinks over a 4-week periodMarie Reid
Psychology Department, Queen Margaret University College, Edinburgh, UK
Br J Nutr 97:193-203. 2007..Subjects were categorised as 'watchers' or 'non-watchers' of what they ate then received sucrose or artificially sweetened drinks (4 x 250 ml per d)...
- High sucrose intake in rats is associated with increased ACE2 and angiotensin-(1-7) levels in the adipose tissueMichella Soares Coelho
Department of Internal Medicine, Laboratory of Experimental Hypertension of the University of São Paulo School of Medicine, Brazil
Regul Pept 162:61-7. 2010b>Sucrose-fed rats, a model of metabolic syndrome, are characterized by insulin resistance, obesity, hypertension, and high plasma levels of triacylglycerols and angiotensin II (Ang II)...
- Evidence-based review of oral sucrose administration to decrease the pain response in newborn infantsKathleen H Leef
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Christiana Care Health Services, Newark, Delaware, USA
Neonatal Netw 25:275-84. 2006..This article reviews the evidence regarding the safety and efficacy of oral sucrose administration, to help answer the clinical question of how to manage an infant's pain response to minor invasive ..
- Protection mechanisms in the resurrection plant Xerophyta viscosa (Baker): both sucrose and raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs) accumulate in leaves in response to water deficitShaun Peters
University of Cape Town, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Private Bag, Rhodes Gift, 7701, Cape Town, South Africa
J Exp Bot 58:1947-56. 2007..b>Sucrose and raffinose family oligosaccharides (RFOs), particularly raffinose, increased under these conditions, with the ..
- Biochemical composition and cariogenicity of dental plaque formed in the presence of sucrose or glucose and fructoseJ A Cury
Faculty of Dentistry of Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, SP, Brazil
Caries Res 34:491-7. 2000The composition of dental plaque formed in the presence of sucrose or glucose and fructose and its relation to cariogenicity was evaluated. Twelve adult volunteers took part in this crossover study done in three phases of 28 days each...
- Functional characterization of cell-wall-associated protein WapA in Streptococcus mutansLin Zhu
School of Dentistry, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Microbiology 152:2395-404. 2006..More interestingly, these phenotypic differences diminished as sucrose concentration in the medium was increased to 0.5 %...
- Evidence that SNF1-related kinase and hexokinase are involved in separate sugar-signalling pathways modulating post-translational redox activation of ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase in potato tubersAxel Tiessen
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, 14476 Golm, Germany
Plant J 35:490-500. 2003..AGPase) is a powerful new mechanism to adjust the rate of starch synthesis to the availability of sucrose in growing potato tubers...
- Role of sucrose in the fitness of Streptococcus mutansJ Kreth
School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Oral Microbiol Immunol 23:213-9. 2008Dental caries has been closely linked to fermentable carbohydrates as key environmental factors. Sucrose has been identified as the most cariogenic carbohydrate...
- Sucrose, sucrosyl oligosaccharides, and oxidative stress: scavenging and salvaging?Wim Van den Ende
Laboratory for Molecular Plant Physiology, KU Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 31, B 3001 Leuven, Belgium
J Exp Bot 60:9-18. 2009..They are believed to act as important membrane protectors in planta. So far a putative role for sucrose and SOS during oxidative stress has largely been neglected, as has the contribution of the vacuolar compartment...
- Effects of sucrose, glucose and fructose on peripheral and central appetite signalsAndreas Lindqvist
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Regul Pept 150:26-32. 2008..Soft drinks, originally sweetened by sucrose, are now sweetened by other caloric sweeteners, such as fructose...
- Starch synthesis in potato tubers is regulated by post-translational redox modification of ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase: a novel regulatory mechanism linking starch synthesis to the sucrose supplyAxel Tiessen
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, , 14476 Golm, Germany
Plant Cell 14:2191-213. 2002..Furthermore, activation of AGPase resulted in a stimulation of starch synthesis and decreased levels of glycolytic intermediates...
- Effect of starch on the cariogenic potential of sucroseCecilia C C Ribeiro
Faculty of Dentistry of Piracicaba, University of Campinas, Av. Limeira 901, CEP 13414-903, Piracicaba, , Brazil
Br J Nutr 94:44-50. 2005Since in vitro and animal studies suggest that the combination of starch with sucrose may be more cariogenic than sucrose alone, the study assessed in situ the effects of this association applied in vitro on the acidogenicity, ..
- Sucrose activates human taste pathways differently from artificial sweetenerGuido K W Frank
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Department of Psychiatry, The Children s Hospital, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Neuroimage 39:1559-69. 2008Animal models suggest that sucrose activates taste afferents differently than non-caloric sweeteners. Little information exists how artificial sweeteners engage central taste pathways in the human brain...
- Structural organization and dynamics of exopolysaccharide matrix and microcolonies formation by Streptococcus mutans in biofilmsJ Xiao
Eastman Department of Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Appl Microbiol 108:2103-13. 2010..To investigate the structural organization and dynamics of exopolysaccharides (EPS) matrix and microcolonies formation by Streptococcus mutans during the biofilm development process...
- Adipose tissue, liver and pancreas structural alterations in C57BL/6 mice fed high-fat-high-sucrose diet supplemented with fish oil (n-3 fatty acid rich oil)Fernanda A M Nascimento
Laboratorio de Morfometria e Morfologia Cardiovascular, Centro Biomedico, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Av 28 de Setembro 87 fds 20551 030 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Exp Toxicol Pathol 62:17-25. 2010Fish oil treatment was used in reversing the morphological and metabolic changes of C57BL/6 mice fed high-fat-high-sucrose (HFHS) diet. Two-month-old male C57BL/6 mice were fed HFHS chow or standard chow (SC)...
- Molecular physiology of higher plant sucrose transportersNorbert Sauer
Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, FAU Erlangen Nürnberg, Staudtstrasse 5, D 91058 Erlangen, Germany
FEBS Lett 581:2309-17. 2007b>Sucrose is the primary product of photosynthetic CO(2) fixation that is used for the distribution of assimilated carbon within higher plants...
- Decreased expression of two key enzymes in the sucrose biosynthesis pathway, cytosolic fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase and sucrose phosphate synthase, has remarkably different consequences for photosynthetic carbon metabolism in transgenic Arabidopsis thalianA Strand
Umea Plant Science Centre, Department of Plant Physiology, Umea University, S 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Plant J 23:759-70. 2000Photosynthetic carbon metabolism was investigated in antisense Arabidopsis lines with decreased expression of sucrose phosphate synthase (SPS) and cytosolic fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase (cFBPase)...
- The protein kinase SnRK2.6 mediates the regulation of sucrose metabolism and plant growth in ArabidopsisZhifu Zheng
Dow AgroSciences LLC, Indianapolis, Indiana 46268, USA
Plant Physiol 153:99-113. 2010In higher plants, three subfamilies of sucrose nonfermenting-1 (Snf1)-related protein kinases have evolved...
- Microbiota of plaque microcosm biofilms: effect of three times daily sucrose pulses in different simulated oral environmentsC H Sissons
Dental Research Group, Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Otago, Wellington, New Zealand
Caries Res 41:413-22. 2007..To test modification of the microbiota of dental plaque microcosm biofilms by sucrose pulsing during growth in two different simulated oral fluids, and with a urea-induced plaque pH elevation.
- Human oocyte cryopreservation: new perspectives regarding oocyte survivalR Fabbri
IVF Center, Human Reproductive Medicine Unit, Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Bologna, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Hum Reprod 16:411-6. 2001..Therefore the effect of some factors, such as the presence or absence of the cumulus oophorus, the sucrose concentration in the freezing solution and the exposure time to cryoprotectants, on human oocyte survival after ..
- Arabidopsis RETINOBLASTOMA-RELATED PROTEIN 1 is involved in G1 phase cell cycle arrest caused by sucrose starvationHiroto Hirano
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Takayama 8916 5, Ikoma, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Plant Mol Biol 66:259-75. 2008Although sucrose availability is crucial for commitment to plant cell division during G1 phase by controlling the expression of D-type cyclins, it has remained unclear how these factors mediate entry into the cell cycle...
- Sucrose synthase affects carbon partitioning to increase cellulose production and altered cell wall ultrastructureHeather D Coleman
Department of Wood Science, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z4
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:13118-23. 2009Overexpression of the Gossypium hirsutum sucrose synthase (SuSy) gene under the control of 2 promoters was examined in hybrid poplar (Populus alba x grandidentata)...
- 3-methyladenine inhibits autophagy in tobacco culture cells under sucrose starvation conditionsChihiro Takatsuka
School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University of Shizuoka, 52-1 Yada, Shizuoka, 422-8526 Japan RIKEN Plant Science Center, 1-7-22 Suehiro-cho, Yokohama, 230-0045 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 45:265-74. 2004Tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum) culture cells perform autophagy and degrade cellular proteins in response to sucrose starvation...
- Conditioned reinforcing properties of stimuli paired with self-administered cocaine, heroin or sucrose: implications for the persistence of addictive behaviourPatricia Di Ciano
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EB, UK
Neuropharmacology 47:202-13. 2004..It was found that CSs paired with either cocaine, heroin or sucrose supported the rapid acquisition of lever pressing for the CS that persisted over months of repeated, intermittent ..
- Effect of sucrose on ascorbate level and expression of genes involved in the ascorbate biosynthesis and recycling pathway in harvested broccoli floretsFumie Nishikawa
The United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Gifu University Shizuoka University, Yanagido, Gifu, 501 1193 Japan
J Exp Bot 56:65-72. 2005The relationship between sucrose (Suc) and ascorbate (AA) metabolism was investigated in harvested broccoli (Brassica oleracea L. var. italica) florets...
- Dietary cysteine alleviates sucrose-induced oxidative stress and insulin resistanceClemence Blouet
INRA, AgroParisTech, UMR914, Nutrition Physiology and Ingestive Behavior, CRNH IdF, F 75005, Paris, France
Free Radic Biol Med 42:1089-97. 2007..have investigated the effects of dietary cysteine on oxidative stress and glucose homeostasis in rats fed a high-sucrose (HS) diet...
- Hypocaloric high-protein diet improves fatty liver and hypertriglyceridemia in sucrose-fed obese rats via two pathwaysTakashi Uebanso
Department of Clinical Nutrition, University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E76-84. 2009..High-sucrose-induced obese rats were assigned randomly to one of two energy-restricted dietary interventions: a carbohydrate-..
- Long-Evans rats acquire operant self-administration of 20% ethanol without sucrose fadingJeffrey A Simms
Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, University of California San Francisco, Emeryville, CA 94608, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:1453-63. 2010..will consume two times more ethanol than those given continuous access without the use of water deprivation or sucrose fading (5-6 g/kg every 24 h vs 2-3 g/kg every 24 h, respectively)...
- myo-Inositol and sucrose concentrations affect the accumulation of raffinose family oligosaccharides in seedsUte Karner
Institute of Ecology, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Exp Bot 55:1981-7. 2004..Their biosynthesis proceeds by the transfer of galactose units from galactinol to sucrose. Galactinol synthase (GolS), which mediates the synthesis of galactinol from myo-inositol and UDP-galactose, has ..
- Overexpression of the sucrose transporter SoSUT1 in potato results in alterations in leaf carbon partitioning and in tuber metabolism but has little impact on tuber morphologyGeorg Leggewie
, , 14476, Golm, Germany
Planta 217:158-67. 2003..b>sucrose transporter ( SoSUT1) in potato ( Solanum tuberosum L.)...
- Production of D(-)-lactate from sucrose and molassesV B Shukla
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Biotechnol Lett 26:689-93. 2004..To expand the substrate range, a cluster of sucrose genes (cscR' cscA cscKB) was cloned and characterized from E. coli KO11...
- Sucrose accumulation in salt-stressed cells of agp gene deletion-mutant in cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp PCC 6803Xiaoling Miao
Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, PR China
FEMS Microbiol Lett 218:71-7. 2003..9 M NaCl for 96 h, no glucosylglycerol was detected and the total amount of sucrose was 29 times of that of in wild-type cells. Furthermore, the agp deletion mutant could tolerate up to 0...
- Sugar-mediated acclimation: the importance of sucrose metabolism in meristemsSebastien Christian Carpentier
Division of Crop Biotechnics, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Proteome Res 9:5038-46. 2010We have designed an in vitro experimental setup to study the role of sucrose in sugar-mediated acclimation of banana meristems using established highly proliferating meristem cultures...
- Sucrose cocoate, a component of cosmetic preparations, enhances nasal and ocular peptide absorptionFakhrul Ahsan
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1670 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294-0019, USA
Int J Pharm 251:195-203. 2003b>Sucrose cocoate (SL-40), an emulsifier employed in emollient, skin-moisturizing cosmetic formulations, contains a mixture of sucrose esters of coconut fatty acids in aqueous ethanol solution...
- Inactivation of a heterocyst-specific invertase indicates a principal role of sucrose catabolism in heterocysts of Anabaena spRocío López-Igual
Instituto de Bioquimica Vegetal y Fotosintesis, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas and Universidad de Sevilla, Seville, Spain
J Bacteriol 192:5526-33. 2010..In contrast, an invB mutant was strongly impaired in diazotrophic growth, showing a crucial role of sucrose catabolism mediated by the InvB invertase in the heterocysts.
- Comparison of sucrose-hydrolyzing enzymes produced by Rhizopus oryzae and Amylomyces rouxiiTsuyoshi Watanabe
Department of Food Science, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Hokkaido, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:3167-73. 2008Rhizopus oryzae produces lactic acid from glucose but not efficiently from sucrose, while Amylomyces rouxii, a species closely related to R. oryzae, ferments these sugars equally...
- High alcohol/sucrose consumption during dark circadian phase in C57BL/6J mice: involvement of hippocampus, lateral septum and urocortin-positive cells of the Edinger-Westphal nucleusAndrey E Ryabinin
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, L470, Portland Alcohol Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 165:296-305. 2003..Previous studies mapping changes in brain activity used rodent models of alcohol drinking with relatively low alcohol intakes...
- Antihypertensive effect of total flavones extracted from seed residues of Hippophae rhamnoides L. in sucrose-fed ratsXiufeng Pang
School of Life Science, East China Normal University, Shanghai 200062, PR China
J Ethnopharmacol 117:325-31. 2008..TFH-SR) and its underlying mechanism in chronic sucrose-fed rats by evaluating its ability to regulate insulin and angiotensin || levels...
- Conditioned preference for sweet stimuli in OLETF rat: effects of food deprivationBart C De Jonghe
Dept of Nutritional Sciences, College of Health and Human Development, The Pennsylvania State Univ, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R1819-27. 2007..Our results show that after 24 h chow restriction, LETO rats increase both sucrose intake and two-bottle sucrose preference relative to their free-fed baseline, whereas OLETF rats do not increase ..
- Effect of methyl jasmonate in combination with carbohydrates on gene expression of PR proteins, stilbene and anthocyanin accumulation in grapevine cell culturesAssia Belhadj
Groupe d Etude des Substances Végétales à Activité Biologique, EA 3675, ISVV, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, UFR Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Plant Physiol Biochem 46:493-9. 2008..We studied the effects of methyl jasmonate in combination with sucrose on defense-related gene expression, stilbene and anthocyanin production in grapevine cell suspensions...
- Protective effect of mannitol, glucose-fructose-sucrose-maltose mixture, and natural honey hyperosmolar solutions against ethanol-induced gastric mucosal damage in ratsK Gharzouli
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, University Ferhat Abbas, Setif, Algeria
Exp Toxicol Pathol 53:175-80. 2001..METHODS: Mannitol, glucose-fructose-sucrose-maltose mixture (GFSM) and natural honey (300, 600, 1800 mOsmol/kg water) were given orally to rats 30 min before ..
- Plasma D-glucose, D-fructose and insulin responses after oral administration of D-glucose, D-fructose and sucrose to normal ratsPablo G Prieto
Laboratory of Experimental Hormonology, Brussels Free University (CP 626, 808 Route de Lennik, B-1070 Brussels, Belgium
J Am Coll Nutr 23:414-9. 2004..9 micromol/g), both D-glucose and D-fructose (1.7 or 3.5 micromol/g of each hexose) or sucrose (3...
- Effects of neuropeptide Y on feeding microstructure: dissociation of appetitive and consummatory actionsJohn Paul Baird
Department of Psychology, Amherst College, Amherst, MA 01002, USA
Behav Neurosci 120:937-51. 2006The effects of intracerebroventricular application of Neuropeptide Y (NPY) on licking microstructure for sucrose, saccharin, and water solutions were evaluated. In Experiment 1, NPY increased meal size for three sucrose concentrations (0...
- Dopamine D2 receptors contribute to increased avidity for sucrose in obese rats lacking CCK-1 receptorsA Hajnal
Department of Neural and Behavioral Sciences H181, College of Medicine, The Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Neuroscience 148:584-92. 2007..3 M sucrose solution was compared between prediabetic, obese OLETF and age-matched lean Long-Evans Tokushima Otsuka (LETO) ..
- A mixed design reveals that glucose moieties facilitate extinction of a conditioned taste aversion in ratsMichael E Smith
Department of Neural and Behavioral Sciences, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Learn Behav 32:454-62. 2004..0073 M saccharin, 0.3 M alanine, 0.3 M glucose, 0.1 M maltose, 0.3 M fructose, 0.06 M sucrose, or 0.03 M Polycose. Trials 1-3 were followed by injections of either 0.15 M LiCl (1.33 ml/100 g b.w., i.p...
- Monosodium glutamate and sweet taste: generalization of conditioned taste aversion between glutamate and sweet stimuli in ratsB R Heyer
Neuroscience Program, Department of Psychology, Regis University, Denver, CO 80221, USA
Chem Senses 28:631-41. 2003..that a conditioned taste aversion (CTA) to MSG, mixed with amiloride to block the taste of sodium, generalizes to sucrose. These findings suggest that the taste of glutamate mimics the taste of sucrose and raise the question of whether ..
- Taste responses to dilute sucrose solutions are modulated by stage of the estrous cycle and fenfluramine treatment in female ratsDeann P D Atchley
Department of Psychology and Program in Neuroscience Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306-1270, USA
Physiol Behav 86:265-71. 2005..Rats were given brief access to six sucrose solutions (0.0, 0.025, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2, and 0...
- Endocannabinoid hedonic hotspot for sensory pleasure: anandamide in nucleus accumbens shell enhances 'liking' of a sweet rewardStephen V Mahler
Department of Psychology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:2267-78. 2007..Anandamide doubled the number of positive 'liking' reactions elicited by intraoral sucrose, without altering negative 'disliking' reactions to bitter quinine...
- Monosodium glutamate and sweet taste: discrimination between the tastes of sweet stimuli and glutamate in ratsBeth R Heyer
Neuroscience Program, Department of Psychology, Regis University, 3333 Regis Blvd, Denver, CO 80221, USA
Chem Senses 29:721-9. 2004..As expected, rats readily discriminated between two natural sugars (sucrose, glucose) and two artificial sweeteners (saccharin, SC45647)...
- Chorda tympani nerve transection alters linoleic acid taste discrimination by male and female ratsJennifer M Stratford
Department of Psychology and Program in Neuroscience, The Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306-1270, USA
Physiol Behav 89:311-9. 2006..Finally, we evaluated licking responses to 11, 22, 44 and 88 microM LA mixed in sucrose by male rats and ovariectomized (OVX) female rats treated with estradiol benzoate or oil vehicle...
- Naltrexone suppresses the late but not early licking response to a palatable sweet solution: opioid hedonic hypothesis reconsideredPasquale G Frisina
Department of Psychology, Brooklyn College and the Graduate School, City University of New York, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 74:163-72. 2002..The first experiment, which measured the rat's licking response to a sucrose+saccharin (S+s) solution, revealed that naltrexone suppressed S+s intake but not initial lick rates...
- The effect of feeding different sugar-sweetened beverages to growing female Sprague-Dawley rats on bone mass and strengthEmbedzayi Tsanzi
Human Nutrition and Foods, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Bone 42:960-8. 2008Consumption of sugar beverages has increased among adolescents. Additionally, the replacement of sucrose with high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) as the predominant sweetener has resulted in higher fructose intake...
- Sucrose, glucose and fructose have similar genotoxicity in the rat colon and affect the metabolomeM Hansen
The National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark, 19 Mørkhøj Bygade, DK 2860 Søborg, Denmark
Food Chem Toxicol 46:752-60. 2008We have shown previously that a high sucrose intake increases the background level of somatic mutations and the level of bulky DNA adducts in the colon epithelium of rats...
- Female rats show a bimodal preference response to the artificial sweetener sucraloseAnthony Sclafani
Department of Psychology, Brooklyn College of CUNY, 2900 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA
Chem Senses 29:523-8. 2004The preference of female Sprague-Dawley rats for sucralose, a non-nutritive sweetener derived from sucrose, was evaluated in 23 h two-bottle tests with water or saccharin...
- Responses of the rat chorda tympani nerve to glutamate-sucrose mixturesB K Formaker
Department of Oral Diagnosis, Division of Neurosciences, MC 1718, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Chem Senses 29:473-82. 2004..Whole-nerve responses to 30 mM, 100 mM and 300 mM MSG mixed with 300 mM sucrose were recorded before and after adding 30 micro M amiloride to the rinse and stimulus solutions...
- Sweet taste receptors in rat small intestine stimulate glucose absorption through apical GLUT2Oliver J Mace
Department of Biology Area 3, University of York, York YO10 5YW, UK
J Physiol 582:379-92. 2007....
- Synaptotagmin V and IX isoforms control Ca2+ -dependent insulin exocytosisMariella Iezzi
Division of Clinical Biochemistry, Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Center, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Cell Sci 117:3119-27. 2004..distribution of the two Syt isoforms was assessed by confocal microscopy and by sedimentation in a continuous sucrose density gradient in INS-1E cells...
- Down-regulation of sorbitol dehydrogenase and up-regulation of sucrose synthase in shoot tips of the transgenic apple trees with decreased sorbitol synthesisRui Zhou
Department of Horticulture, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Exp Bot 57:3647-57. 2006Both sorbitol and sucrose are translocated to, and utilized in, sink tissues of apple (Malus domestica)...
- Production of high-starch, low-glucose potatoes through over-expression of the metabolic regulator SnRK1Rowan S McKibbin
Long Ashton Research Station, Bristol BS41 9AF, UK
Plant Biotechnol J 4:409-18. 2006Transgenic potato (Solanum tuberosum cv. Prairie) lines were produced over-expressing a sucrose non-fermenting-1-related protein kinase-1 gene (SnRK1) under the control of a patatin (tuber-specific) promoter...
- malvolio, the Drosophila homologue of mouse NRAMP-1 (Bcg), is expressed in macrophages and in the nervous system and is required for normal taste behaviourV Rodrigues
Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore
EMBO J 14:3007-20. 1995..Based on its phenotype and expression pattern as well as its structural similarities to NRAMPs and a nitrate transporter in Aspergillus nidulans, we discuss a possible role for MVL in nitrite/nitrate transport and its implications...
- Injury-induced functional plasticity in the peripheral gustatory systemSusan J Hendricks
Bloedel Hearing Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Neurosci 22:8607-13. 2002....
- Ventral tegmental lesions reduce overconsumption of normally preferred taste fluid in ratsTsuyoshi Shimura
Laboratory of Behavioral Physiology, Graduate School of Human Sciences, Osaka University, 1 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Behav Brain Res 134:123-30. 2002..1 M sucrose) compared to that of sham-operated animals during a 24-h two-bottle choice test...
- Differential spatial representation of taste modalities in the rat gustatory cortexRiccardo Accolla
Flavour Perception Group, Laboratory of Sensory Processing, Brain Mind Institute, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Neurosci 27:1396-404. 2007..In summary, we propose that these specific cortical patterns can be used to discriminate among various tastants...
- The effect of taste stimuli on histamine release in the anterior hypothalamus of ratsYada Treesukosol
Department of Behavioral Physiology, Faculty of Human Sciences, Osaka University, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
Brain Res 964:51-5. 2003..0.1 M NaCl significantly increased histamine release, whereas 0.5 M sucrose, 0.02 M quinine HCl and 0.01 M HCl had no effect. However, when the concentration of HCl was increased to 0...
- Effect of amiloride on gustatory responses in the ventroposteromedial nucleus of the thalamus in ratsJustus V Verhagen
College of Sciences, San Diego State University, 5500 Campanile Dr, San Diego, CA 92182-1010, USA
J Neurophysiol 93:157-66. 2005..Thus membership in a neuronal group retains functional significance based on a receptor event 4 synapses away...
- Long-term recordings from afferent taste fibersYuichi Shimatani
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Tokyo Women's Medical University, 8-1 Kawada-cho, Shinjuku, Tokyo 162-8666, Japan
Physiol Behav 80:309-15. 2003..occurred in both the magnitude of response and the relative response profiles to four chemical stimuli, NaCl, sucrose, HCl, and quinine HCl...
- Temporal and qualitative dynamics of conditioned taste aversion processing: combined generalization testing and licking microstructure analysisJohn Paul Baird
Department of Psychology, Amherst College, Amherst, MA 01002, US
Behav Neurosci 119:983-1003. 2005..Experiment 1, rats ingested lithium chloride (LiCl) for 3 trials and were then offered sodium chloride (NaCl) or sucrose on 3 trials. A CTA to LiCl developed and generalized to NaCl but not to sucrose...
- Differential gurmarin suppression of sweet taste responses in rat solitary nucleus neuronsChristian H Lemon
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Neurophysiol 90:911-23. 2003..Initially, responses evoked by washing the anterior tongue and palate with 0.5 M sucrose, 0.1 M NaCl, 0.01 M HCl, and 0.01 M quinine-HCl were recorded from 35 neurons...
- Naltrexone modifies the palatability of basic tastes and alcohol in outbred male ratsFrank M Ferraro
Department of Psychology, Kansas State University, Bluemont Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506-5302, USA
Alcohol 27:107-14. 2002..On separate days, rats were tested with distilled water and three concentrations each of sucrose (0.1, 0.5, and 1.0 M), sodium chloride (0.06, 0.10, and 0.30 M), quinine hydrochloride (0.0005, 0.001, and 0...
- Advances of the WITY system: yeast performance evaluation during the production of sweet wine using Mavrodafni and Carbarnet sauvignonE T Nerantzis
Department of Oenology and Spirits Technology, Technological Educational Institute of Athens (TEI, Ag. Spyridona Street, 12210 Egaleo, Athens, Greece
Meded Rijksuniv Gent Fak Landbouwkd Toegep Biol Wet 66:609-12. 2001..The performance of the two yeast strains were studied under batch and continuous mode and in free and immobilised states. The kinetics of the different carbohydrates was studied and the main oenological parameters were measured...
- Electrophysiological and behavioural characterization of gustatory responses to antennal 'bitter' taste in honeybeesMaria Gabriela de Brito Sanchez
Centre de Recherches sur la Cognition Animale UMR 5169, CNRS Université Paul Sabatier, 118 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Eur J Neurosci 22:3161-70. 2005..antenna at different concentrations induced a retraction of the proboscis once it was extended in response to 1 M sucrose solution delivered to the opposite antenna...
- The effect of monosodium glutamate on parotid salivary flow in comparison to the response to representatives of the other four basic tastesN A Hodson
Primary Dental Care, King s College London Dental Institute at Guy s, King s and St Thomas Hospitals, London SE5 9RW, UK
Physiol Behav 89:711-7. 2006..The gustatory stimuli were monosodium glutamate (MSG), sodium chloride, sucrose, magnesium sulphate and citric acid...
- Neural networks distinguish between taste qualities based on receptor cell population responsesB Varkevisser
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Chem Senses 26:499-505. 2001..from hamster taste buds in vivo we recorded population responses of single fungiform papillae to NaCl (100 mM), sucrose (200 mM) and the synthetic sweetener NC-00274-01 (NC-01) (200 microM)...
- Hyperosmolar solutions selectively block action potentials in rat myelinated sensory fibers: implications for diabetic neuropathyYoshizo Matsuka
Division of Oral Biology and Medicine, UCLA School of Dentistry, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Neurophysiol 91:48-56. 2004..ganglion (DRG) preparations from normal rats, hyperosmolar solutions (360 mmol/kg, containing increased glucose, sucrose, NaCl, or mannitol) produce a selective block of signal propagation in myelinated sensory A-fibers...
- Relationships between insulin release and tasteKazuyuki Tonosaki
Department of Oral Physiology, School of Dentistry, Meikai University, Saitama 350 0283, Japan
Biomed Res 28:79-83. 2007..We used female Wistar rats and five basic taste stimuli: sucrose (sweet), sodium chloride (salty), HCl (sour), quinine (bitter) or monosodium glutamate (umami)...
- Ethanol-conditioned flavor preferences compared with sugar- and fat-conditioned preferences in ratsKaren Ackroff
Department of Psychology, Brooklyn College and the Graduate School of the City University of New York, 2900 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11210, USA
Physiol Behav 81:699-713. 2004..18% sucrose, 7.18% fructose, or 3.26% corn oil...
- Saccharin stimulates the "deterrent" cell in the blowfly: behavioral and electrophysiological evidenceA Liscia
Dipartimento di Biologia Sperimentale, Sezione di Fisiologia Generale, Universita di Cagliari, Cittadella Universitaria di Monserrato, SS 554 Km 4 500, I 09042 Monserrato, CA, Italy
Physiol Behav 80:637-46. 2004..of labellar chemosensilla in the blowfly Protophormia terraenovae to Na-saccharin, as compared to sweet stimuli (sucrose or fructose) and bitter stimuli (denatonium benzoate or amiloride)...
- Effects of expectation on gustatory cortical activityAlfredo Fontanini; Fiscal Year: 2009..of specific expectation: the first task, a go/no-go in which one tone cues the availability of a palatable taste (sucrose or NaCl) and the other a punishment (quinine) at a press of a lever, will reveal the effects of expectation of ..
- Combined Voltammetry/Electrophysiology in Behaving RatsRegina M Carelli; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., sucrose), intracranial self-stimulation (ICSS) and cocaine self-administration...
- STRUCTURE, BIOSYNTHESIS AND FUNCTION OF GLYCOPROTEINSStuart Kornfeld; Fiscal Year: 2007..in hand, the effect of phosphorylation on the conformation of GGAs 1/3 will be studied by gel filtration, sucrose density gradients and protease sensitivity...
- BRAIN GLUCOSENSING NEURONS IN HEALTH AND DIABETESBarry E Levin; Fiscal Year: 2010..glucoprivic feeding but lowering it had no effect on energy homeostasis or glucose tolerance in rats fed low, low sucrose diets...
- Nutrition and Physical Activity Assessment Study (NPAAS)ROSS L contact PRENTICE; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will obtain 24-h urine-derived nutritional measures, including nitrogen (protein), fructose, sucrose (sugars), alkylresorcinols (whole grains) and 1- and 3- methylhistidine (meat);and blood-derived nutritional ..
- Pain and Hypoxia in Premature NeonatesDANILYN MAG AKAT ANGELES; Fiscal Year: 2010..Premature infants experiencing heel lance will be randomized into either a placebo or sucrose intervention group...
- Pain and Hypoxia in Premature NeonatesDANILYN ANGELES; Fiscal Year: 2009..Premature infants experiencing heel lance will be randomized into either a placebo or sucrose intervention group...
- Gustatory Control of Sodium AppetiteRalph Norgren; Fiscal Year: 2010..We use the release of dopamine (DA) in the nucleus accumbens as a forebrain index of reward. Sham licking sucrose produces a substantial efflux of accumbens DA even in experienced animals...
- Substrate Selection in Homologous Bacterial TransportersManuel Varela; Fiscal Year: 2004..coli (LacY) also confer sugar selection in homologous transporters for melibiose (MelY), raffinose (RafB) and sucrose (CseB)...
- Combined Voltammetry/Electrophysiology in Behaving RatsREGINA CARELLI; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., sucrose), intracranial self-stimulation (ICSS) and cocaine self-administration...
- Identification of anti-cariogenic/low-glycemic activity factors from Lo Han KuoCHIFU HUANG; Fiscal Year: 2006..sweeteners that are commercially available, designed to provide zero- or low-calorie artificial alternatives to sucrose/high fructose corn syrup, there remain concerns regarding potential health concerns in the general population or ..
- Temporal Coding in the Gustatory System of the BrainPatricia M Di Lorenzo; Fiscal Year: 2011..of electrical stimulation can mimic the perceptual properties and behavioral reactivity of either quinine or sucrose and b) construct a temporal sequence of electrical pulses which incorporates the critical features of the ..
- BEHAVIORAL PHYSIOLOGY OF BODY WEIGHT REGULATIONDIANNE FIGLEWICZ LATTEMANN; Fiscal Year: 2010..or cell signaling inhibitors to modulate performance in a behavioral task that models diet recidivism, relapse to sucrose-seeking;2) the effect of high fat diet experience on sucrose self-administration in pre- and post-pubertal rats;..
- Mechanisms of Virulence Gene Regulation in Streptococcus mutansIndranil Biswas; Fiscal Year: 2007..S. mutans synthesizes glucans from sucrose by three glucosyltransferases (Gtf), and adheres firmly to tooth surfaces with their cooperation...
- MEMBRANES OF THE DENTAL PATHOGEN STREPTOCOCCUS MUTANSL Jeannine Brady; Fiscal Year: 2002..by a number of virulence factors including an adhesin (P1), which promotes colonization in the absence of dietary sucrose and the ability of this species to withstand the effects of low pH caused by the homofermentation of sugars...
- MEMBRANES OF THE DENTAL PATHOGEN STREPTOCOCCUS MUTANSARNOLD BLEIWEIS; Fiscal Year: 2001..by a number of virulence factors including an adhesin (P1), which promotes colonization in the absence of dietary sucrose and the ability of this species to withstand the effects of low pH caused by the homofermentation of sugars...
- SENSORY CODING IN TASTEDavid Smith; Fiscal Year: 2000..sodium channel projects into NaCl-best afferent fibers in the chorda tympani nerve and into both NaCl- and sucrose-best neurons in the nucleus of the solitary tract (NST) of the hamster...
- Role of Lipoprotein Receptors in Diet-induced Obesity and DiabetesDavid Hui; Fiscal Year: 2007..results showed that VLDLR'/~ mice were resistant to obesity and diabetes after feeding a high fat-high sucrose diabetogenic diet...
- ATP DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASES IN GRAM POSITIVE BACTERIAMilton Saier; Fiscal Year: 2000..system (PTS) transports and phosphorylates a variety of sugars such as glucose, fructose, mannitol, lactose and sucrose. Glucose and other sugar substrates of the PTS (PTS sugars) repress synthesis of carbohydrate catabolic enzymes, ..
- ANTIBODY MEDIATED GLOMERULAR INJURYDavid Salant; Fiscal Year: 2004..High molecular weight complexes of nephrin will be isolated by co-immunoprecipitation or sucrose density ultracentrifugation and analyzed for interacting proteins using tandem mass spectroscopy...
- Development of Novel Therapies or Methamphetamine AbuseLinda Dwoskin; Fiscal Year: 2009..a complete blockade of methamphetamine self-administration (SA) in rats, without any alteration in responding for sucrose, i.e., it specifically decreases methamphetamine SA...
- REGULATION OF AMINO ACID BIOSYNTHESIS GENES IN PLANTSGloria Coruzzi; Fiscal Year: 2003..For example, transcriptional induction of GS by light, can be mimicked by sucrose in the absence of light...