Genomes and Genes
Summary: A water-soluble extractive mixture of sulfated polysaccharides from RED ALGAE. Chief sources are the Irish moss CHONDRUS CRISPUS (Carrageen), and Gigartina stellata. It is used as a stabilizer, for suspending COCOA in chocolate manufacture, and to clarify BEVERAGES.
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- Efficacy of Carraguard-based microbicides in vivo despite variable in vitro activityStuart G Turville
Center for Biomedical Research, HIV and AIDS Program, Population Council, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e3162. 2008..This work also underscores the potential of Carraguard-based formulations for the delivery of anti-viral drugs to prevent vaginal HIV infection...
- Fetuin, a negative acute phase protein, attenuates TNF synthesis and the innate inflammatory response to carrageenanM Ombrellino
Department of Surgery, North Shore University Hospital-New York University School of Medicine, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Shock 15:181-5. 2001..of fetuin were studied in vivo in an LPS-independent model of acute inflammation caused by administration of carrageenan. Administration of fetuin (5-500 mg/kg intraperitoneally) dose-dependently attenuated the development of paw ..
- Protective effect of Arbutus unedo aqueous extract in carrageenan-induced lung inflammation in miceSofia Mariotto
Biochemistry Division, Department of Neuroscience and Vision, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Pharmacol Res 57:110-24. 2008..whether AuE administration attenuates inflammatory response of murine induced by intrapleural injection of carrageenan. For this purpose we studied: (1) STAT1/3 activation, (2) TNF-alpha, IL-1beta and IL-6 production in pleural ..
- Central administration of palmitoylethanolamide reduces hyperalgesia in mice via inhibition of NF-kappaB nuclear signalling in dorsal root gangliaGiuseppe D'Agostino
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 613:54-9. 2009..Using the carrageenan-induced paw model of hyperalgesia in mice, we report here that intracerebroventricular administration of PEA (0...
- Carrageenan-induced mouse paw oedema is biphasic, age-weight dependent and displays differential nitric oxide cyclooxygenase-2 expressionInmaculada Posadas
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Naples-Federico II, Via D. Montesano 49, Naples 80131, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 142:331-8. 2004Injection of carrageenan 1% (50 microl) in the mouse paw causes a biphasic response: an early inflammatory response that lasts 6 h and a second late response that peaks at 72 h, declining at 96 h...
- The protective role of endogenous glutathione in carrageenan-induced pleurisy in the ratS Cuzzocrea
Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 372:187-97. 1999..the protective role of endogenous glutathione, a known free radical scavenger, in rats subjected to carrageenan-induced pleurisy...
- Adelmidrol, a palmitoylethanolamide analogue, reduces chronic inflammation in a carrageenin-granuloma model in ratsDaniele De Filippis
UniversitàFederico II, Napoles, Italy
J Cell Mol Med 13:1086-95. 2009..g. iNOS, chymase and metalloproteinase MMP-9), and mediators (e.g. nitric oxide and TNF-alpha). The results indicate that adelmidrol, given locally, may represent a potential therapeutic tool in controlling chronic inflammation...
- Acute intracerebroventricular administration of palmitoylethanolamide, an endogenous peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha agonist, modulates carrageenan-induced paw edema in miceGiuseppe D'Agostino
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University of Naples Federico II, via D Montesano 49, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:1137-43. 2007..Using carrageenan-induced paw edema in mice, we show that i.c.v...
- Efficacy of Carraguard for prevention of HIV infection in women in South Africa: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialStephanie Skoler-Karpoff
Population Council, New York, NY, USA
Lancet 372:1977-87. 2008Female-initiated HIV-prevention options, such as microbicides, are urgently needed. We assessed Carraguard, a carrageenan-based compound developed by the Population Council, for its efficacy and long-term safety in prevention of HIV ..
- A randomized, placebo-controlled trial to assess the safety and acceptability of use of carraguard vaginal gel by heterosexual couples in ThailandPeter H Kilmarx
National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Sex Transm Dis 35:226-32. 2008To determine the safety and acceptability of use of Carraguard, a carrageenan-derived candidate microbicide gel, during sexual intercourse in women and men.
- Suppression of allergic reaction by lambda-carrageenan: toll-like receptor 4/MyD88-dependent and -independent modulation of immunityR F Tsuji
Noda Institute for Scientific Research, Noda City, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 33:249-58. 2003..Because PRRs recognize heterogeneous ligands, daily food intake can potentially regulate immune allergic reaction...
- Acid-sensing ion channel 3 expression in mouse knee joint afferents and effects of carrageenan-induced arthritisMasahiko Ikeuchi
Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science Graduate Program, Pain Research Program, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Pain 10:336-42. 2009..We examined ASIC3 expression in DRG neurons innervating the knee joint with and without carrageenan-induced arthritis by means of retrograde labeling and immunohistochemistry...
- Neutrophils and the calcium-binding protein MRP-14 mediate carrageenan-induced antinociception in miceRosana L Pagano
Laboratory of Pathophysiology, Butantan Institute, Av Vital Brazil 1500, , , SP, Brazil
Mediators Inflamm 11:203-10. 2002..inflammatory pain induced by different type of irritants, in the present study, after demonstrating that carrageenan (Cg) also induces atinociception in mice, we investigated the participation of both neutrophils and MRP-14 in ..
- Oral anti-inflammatory activity of cannabidiol, a non-psychoactive constituent of cannabis, in acute carrageenan-induced inflammation in the rat pawBarbara Costa
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie e Bioscienze, Universita di Milano Bicocca, Piazza della Scienza 2, 20126 Milan, Italy
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 369:294-9. 2004..1 ml carrageenan (1% w/v in saline) in the rat...
- Synthesis of new covalently bound kappa-carrageenan-AZT conjugates with improved anti-HIV activitiesPatrick Vlieghe
, , 163 Avenue de Luminy, Case 901, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Med Chem 45:1275-83. 2002This paper describes the first covalent synthesis of kappa-carrageenan-3'-azido-3'-deoxythymidine (AZT) conjugates. A succinate diester spacer was used to covalently couple AZT onto kappa-carrageenan, resulting in a tripartite prodrug...
- Studies on the anti-inflammatory effect of fluoxetine in the ratOmar M E Abdel-Salam
Department of Pharmacology, National Research Centre, Tahrir Street, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
Pharmacol Res 49:119-31. 2004..The anti-inflammatory activity of fluoxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), was studied on the carrageenan-induced paw inflammation in the rat. Fluoxetine (10-60 mg kg(-1)) given intraperitoneally (i.p...
- Characterization of the chick carrageenan responseJ Todd Roach
Department of Psychology, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS 38677, USA
Brain Res 994:216-25. 2003The present study characterized carrageenan inflammatory nociception in the 7-day-old domestic chick...
- Pre-emptive anti-hyperalgesic effect of electroacupuncture in carrageenan-induced inflammation: role of nitric oxideBárbara B Garrido-Suárez
Laboratorio de Farmacología Clínica del Centro Nacional Coordinador de Ensayos Clínicos, Calle 200 e 19 y 21, Atabey, Playa, Apdo Postal 11600, La Habana, Cuba
Brain Res Bull 79:339-44. 2009..effect of EA (10 Hz, 3 mA) and its combination with L-NAME as nitric oxide synthase (NOS) inhibitor in carrageenan-induced hyperalgesia in rats...
- Desulfation of sulfated galactans with chlorotrimethylsilane. Characterization of beta-carrageenan by 1H NMR spectroscopyAdriana A Kolender
, CIHIDECAR-CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, , 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Carbohydr Res 339:1619-29. 2004..It proved to be appropriate for desulfation of polysaccharides of both agar and carrageenan families...
- Carrageenan-induced paw edema in the rat and mouseChristopher J Morris
University of Bath, UK
Methods Mol Biol 225:115-21. 2003
- Kynurenic acid enhances electroacupuncture analgesia in normal and carrageenan-injected ratsYu Qiu Zhang
Institute of Neurobiology, Fudan University, 220 Han Dan Road, 200433, Shanghai, China
Brain Res 966:300-7. 2003..administered wide-spectrum excitatory amino acid (EAA) receptor(s) antagonist, kynurenic acid (KYNA) on carrageenan-induced thermal hyperalgesia and spinal Fos expression was investigated. Intrathecal (i.t.) injection of 0...
- Putative antinociceptive action of nitric oxide in the caudal part of the spinal trigeminal nucleus during chronic carrageenan-induced arthritis in the rat temporomandibular jointSilvia A Tesser-Viscaíno
Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Brain Res 1302:85-96. 2009In order to investigate a putative role for nitric oxide (NO) in the central nociceptive processing following carrageenan-induced arthritis in the rat temporomandibular joint (TMJ), we analyzed the immunoreactivity, gene expression and ..
- Drug release from MCC- and carrageenan-based pellets: experiment and theoryH Kranz
Pharmaceutical Technology, Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Berlin D 13342, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 73:302-9. 2009..from MCC pellets by addition of a disintegrant (croscarmellose Na) or pore former (PEG 6000), (ii) to evaluate carrageenan as potential alternative pelletisation aid for manufacturing high-dose immediate release pellets, and (iii) to ..
- Peripheral inhibition of glutaminase reduces carrageenan-induced Fos expression in the superficial dorsal horn of the ratErnest M Hoffman
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, Tulsa, OK, USA
Neurosci Lett 472:157-60. 2010..In this study, we measured the effects of glutaminase inhibition on carrageenan-induced spinal Fos expression...
- Levels of endocannabinoids and palmitoylethanolamide and their pharmacological manipulation in chronic granulomatous inflammation in ratsD De Filippis
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Naples Federico II, Via Domenico Montesano 49, 80131 Naples, Italy
Pharmacol Res 61:321-8. 2010..These findings suggest that chronic inflammation might develop also because of endocannabinoid and palmitoylethanolamide tissue concentration impairment, the correction of which might be exploited to develop new anti-inflammatory drugs...
- Adsorption of human papillomavirus 16 to live human spermJulio Pérez-Andino
FAS Center for Systems Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e5847. 2009..observed that the interaction of virus with sperm can be reduced by two HPV infection inhibitors, heparin and carrageenan. Our findings suggest that 1) sperm cells may serve as motile carriers that promote virus dispersal and mucosal ..
- Effects of Pinus brutia bark extract and Pycnogenol in a rat model of carrageenan induced inflammationI Ince
Center for Drug R and D and Pharmacokinetic Applications, Ege University, 35100 Bornova Izmir, Turkey
Phytomedicine 16:1101-4. 2009..to explore the anti-inflammatory activities of Pinus brutia bark extract and Pycnogenol in a rat model of carrageenan-induced inflammation. Firstly, the compositions of both samples were determined using HPLC...
- Carrageenan-induced innate immune response is modified by enzymes that hydrolyze distinct galactosidic bondsSumit Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Nutr Biochem 21:906-13. 2010The common food additive carrageenan (CGN) predictably induces intestinal inflammation in animal models...
- Effects of sevoflurane on carrageenan- and fentanyl-induced pain hypersensitivity in Sprague-Dawley ratsPhilippe Richebe
Laboratoire Homéostasie Allostasie Pathologie Rehabilitation, Universite Bordeaux 2, Universite Bordeaux 1, CNRS UMR 5227, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Can J Anaesth 56:126-35. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate sevoflurane effects on fentanyl-induced hyperalgesia in opioid-naive rats and in rats with inflammatory pain...
- Efficacy of tacrolimus in inhibiting inflammation caused by carrageenan in a murine model of air pouchSilvana Virginia Gagliotti Vigil
Department of Clinical Analysis, Center of Health Sciences, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Campus Universitario, Trindade, 88040 970, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Transpl Immunol 19:25-9. 2008..Tacrolimus (Tac) is a macrolide immunosuppressant drug isolated from Streptomyces tsukubaensis, widely used in organ transplantation...
- Spontaneous nociceptive behaviour in female mice with Freund's complete adjuvant- and carrageenan-induced monoarthritisUmut Heilborn
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Brain Res 1143:143-9. 2007..Intraarticular injection of 2% carrageenan performed for comparison, caused pain-related behaviour for less than 24 h...
- Degradation of lambda-carrageenan by Pseudoalteromonas carrageenovora lambda-carrageenase: a new family of glycoside hydrolases unrelated to kappa- and iota-carrageenasesMarion Guibet
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie PARIS6, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7139 Marine Plants and Biomolecules, Station Biologique, F 29682 Roscoff Cedex, Bretagne, France
Biochem J 404:105-14. 2007..They are classified according to the number and the position of sulfate ester groups. lambda-Carrageenan is the most sulfated carrageenan and carries at least three sulfates per disaccharide unit...
- Antiinflammatory effect of topically applied propolis extract in carrageenan-induced rat hind paw edemaYukiko Naito
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Hatano Research Institute, Food and Drug Safety Center, Hadano, Kanagawa, Japan
Phytother Res 21:452-6. 2007The antiinflammatory effect of an ointment containing propolis extract (3%-7%) was examined using carrageenan-induced hind paw edema in rats...
- Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta attenuates the development of carrageenan-induced lung injury in miceS Cuzzocrea
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 149:687-702. 2006..Here, we have investigated the effects of TDZD-8, a potent and selective GSK-3beta inhibitor, in a mouse model of carrageenan-induced pleurisy.
- Physicochemical characterization of papain entrapped in ionotropically cross-linked kappa-carrageenan gel beads for stability improvement using Doehlert shell designMayur G Sankalia
Pharmacy Department, Centre of Relevance and Excellence in Novel Drug Delivery Systems, G H Patel building, Donor s Plaza, The M S University of Baroda, Vadodara 390 002, India
J Pharm Sci 95:1994-2013. 2006This work examines the influence of various process parameters on papain entrapped in cross-linked kappa-carrageenan beads for improvement of its stability...
- Hypericum perforatum attenuates the development of carrageenan-induced lung injury in miceMarta Menegazzi
Biochemistry Division, Department of Neuroscience and Vision, University of Verona, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 40:740-53. 2006..perforatum in an animal model of acute inflammation, carrageenan-induced pleurisy. We report here that H...
- Effect of low molecular lambda-carrageenan from Chondrus ocellatus on antitumor H-22 activity of 5-FuGefei Zhou
School of Environmental and Biological Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, PR China
Pharmacol Res 53:129-34. 2006Lambda-carrageenan is a kind of sulfated galactan isolated from some red algae and reported to have more biological activities than other types, such as K-type [Güven KC, özsoy Y, Ulutin ON...
- Participation of peripheral tachykinin NK1 receptors in the carrageenan-induced inflammation of the rat temporomandibular jointAlexandre Denadai-Souza
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo 05508 900, SP, Brazil
Eur J Pain 13:812-9. 2009..This study was undertaken to evaluate the time course of carrageenan-induced inflammation in the rat temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and to investigate the role of tachykinin NK(1) ..
- cis-4-(Piperazin-1-yl)-5,6,7a,8,9,10,11,11a-octahydrobenzofuro[2,3-h]quinazolin-2-amine (A-987306), a new histamine H4R antagonist that blocks pain responses against carrageenan-induced hyperalgesiaHuaqing Liu
Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064 6100, USA
J Med Chem 51:7094-8. 2008..Most interesting was the high potency and efficacy of this compound in blocking pain responses, where it showed an ED(50) of 42 mumol/kg (ip) in a rat post-carrageenan thermal hyperalgesia model of inflammatory pain.
- Acute anti-inflammatory activity of four saponins isolated from ivy: alpha-hederin, hederasaponin-C, hederacolchiside-E and hederacolchiside-F in carrageenan-induced rat paw edemaA Gepdiremen
Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, Ondokuz Mayis University, TR 55050 Kurupelit, Samsun Turkey
Phytomedicine 12:440-4. 2005..colchica was investigated in carrageenan-induced acute paw edema in rats. Saponins and indomethacin were given orally in concentrations of 0...
- Increased carrageenan-induced acute lung inflammation in old ratsEmanuela Corsini
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Immunology 115:253-61. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of age on the onset of carrageenan-induced lung inflammation...
- Physical state of kappa-carrageenan modulates the mode of action of kappa-carrageenase from Pseudoalteromonas carrageenovoraMaud Lemoine
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI, CNRS, Marine Plants and Biomolecules, UMR 7139, Station Biologique, Roscoff Cedex, France
Biochem J 419:545-53. 2009..To biochemically characterize the enzymatic depolymerization of kappa-carrageenan, soluble and solid substrates (in both gel and powder forms) were incubated with P...
- Intracerebroventricular injection of phospholipases A2 inhibitors modulates allodynia after facial carrageenan injection in miceJin-Fei Yeo
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, National University of Singapore, Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore, Singapore 119260
Pain 112:148-55. 2004..to compare possible contributions of central nervous PLA2 isoforms to the development of allodynia after facial carrageenan injection in mice...
- Low level laser therapy modulates kinin receptors mRNA expression in the subplantar muscle of rat paw subjected to carrageenan-induced inflammationF Bortone
Departamento de Ciências da Reabilitação, Centro Universitário Nove de Julho, UNINOVE Rua Vergueiro, 235 Liberdade, CEP 01504001 São Paulo SP, Brazil
Int Immunopharmacol 8:206-10. 2008..In this work, we evaluated if LLLT alters kinin receptors mRNA expression in the carrageenan-induced rat paw edema...
- Effects of different protocol doses of low power gallium-aluminum-arsenate (Ga-Al-As) laser radiation (650 nm) on carrageenan induced rat paw ooedemaR Albertini
Research Group of Fluorescence, IP and D UNIVAP R, Shishima Hifumi, 2911, , SP, Brazil
J Photochem Photobiol B 74:101-7. 2004..Male Wistar rats were used. The rat paw oedema was induced by sub-plantar injection of carrageenan, the paw volume was measured before and 1, 2, 3 and 4 h after the injection using a hydroplethysmometer...
- Adjuvant effect of caffeine on acetylsalicylic acid anti-nociception: prostaglandin E2 synthesis determination in carrageenan-induced peripheral inflammation in ratVíctor Fernández-Dueñas
Pharmacology Unit, Department of Pathology and Experimental Therapeutics, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Feixa Llarga s n, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Pain 12:157-63. 2008..Acute inflammation was induced by the subplantar injection of carrageenan into the right hind paw, and the effects of the drugs were evaluated from 0 to 5h...
- Effects of a bupivacaine nerve block on the axonal transport of Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) in a rat model of carrageenan-induced inflammationStéphane Deruddre
Univ Paris Sud, Laboratoire d Anesthésie, UMR 788, Faculte de Medecine, F 94276 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Brain Behav Immun 24:652-9. 2010..We used an in vivo preparation with injection of carrageenan and fluorescent TNF-alpha in the territory of the saphenous nerve of rats to study this transport...
- Peripheral nitric oxide in carrageenan-induced inflammationK Omote
Department of Anesthesiology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1, West 16, Chuoku, 060 8543, Sapporo, Japan
Brain Res 912:171-5. 2001..The present study was designed to examine the effects of NOS isoforms on NO release in carrageenan-induced inflammation at various time points...
- Resveratrol decreases hyperalgesia induced by carrageenan in the rat hind pawM Gentilli
, , , France
Life Sci 68:1317-21. 2001..inducible cyclooxygenase-2 (COX2) and its transcription were examined in a model of hyperalgesia induced by carrageenan in the rat...
- Protective effects of n-acetylcysteine on lung injury and red blood cell modification induced by carrageenan in the ratS Cuzzocrea
Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Italy
FASEB J 15:1187-200. 2001..of n-acetylcysteine (NAC), a free radical scavenger, was evaluated in an experimental model of lung injury (carrageenan-induced pleurisy)...
- Beneficial effects of Mn(III)tetrakis (4-benzoic acid) porphyrin (MnTBAP), a superoxide dismutase mimetic, in carrageenan-induced pleurisyS Cuzzocrea
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Messina, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 26:25-33. 1999..a novel superoxide dismutase mimetic that possesses peroxynitrite scavenging effect, in rats subjected to carrageenan-induced pleurisy...
- Microstructure of aggregated and nonaggregated kappa-carrageenan helices visualized by atomic force microscopyS Ikeda
Department of Food and Nutrition, Osaka City University, Sumiyoshi, Osaka 558-8585, Japan. ikedalife.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Biomacromolecules 2:1331-7. 2001Gelation of kappa-carrageenan is believed to involve two steps: helix formation on cooling and a further specific cation (salt) induced side-by-side aggregation of helices...
- The antiinflammatory effects of adenosine receptor agonists on the carrageenan-induced pleural inflammatory response in ratsD J Schrier
Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research Division, Warner Lambert Company, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
J Immunol 145:1874-9. 1990..antiinflammatory agents, several compounds were evaluated for effects on the exudative and cellular phases of carrageenan-induced pleural inflammation in rats...
- A comparison of chronic aspartame exposure to aspirin on inflammation, hyperalgesia and open field activity following carrageenan-induced monoarthritisC J LaBuda
Department of Psychology, University of Texas at Arlington, 76019, USA
Life Sci 69:443-54. 2001..was to investigate whether chronic aspartame exposure possesses analgesic and anti-inflammatory actions in the carrageenan-induced monoarthritis model similar to those properties of aspirin...
- Effects of spinally administered P2X receptor agonists and antagonists on the responses of dorsal horn neurones recorded in normal, carrageenan-inflamed and neuropathic ratsL C Stanfa
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
Br J Pharmacol 129:351-9. 2000..In contrast, intrathecal administration of 500 microg of suramin to animals 3 h after the induction of carrageenan inflammation produced a significant inhibition of the C-fibre evoked response of the neurones...
- Cyclo-oxygenase and nitric oxide synthase isoforms in rat carrageenin-induced pleurisyA Tomlinson
Department of Experimental Pathology, William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:693-8. 1994..The present results illustrated a similar profile of COX and NOS activity in the carrageenin-induced pleurisy model of acute inflammation. It was demonstrated that COX-2 and iNOS were the predominant isoforms of their respective enzymes...
- Blood cholesterol and lipid-lowering effects of carrageenan on human volunteersLeonora N Panlasigui
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, College of Home Economics, Alonso Hall, University of the Philippines Diliman, 1101 Quezon City, Philippines
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 12:209-14. 2003Algal polysaccharides such as carrageenan are good sources of dietary fibre. Previous studies have shown that carrageenan has hypoglycemic effects, but its cholesterol and lipid-lowering effects have yet to be demonstrated...
- Potentiation of diclofenac-induced anti-inflammatory response by aminoguanidine in carrageenan-induced acute inflammation in rats: the role of nitric oxideA A Al-Majed
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh 11451, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Inflamm Res 52:378-82. 2003..To investigate whether aminoguanidine (AG) treatment enhances the anti-inflammatory effect of diclofenac in an acute inflammation model in rats...
- Cytokine profiles during carrageenan-induced inflammatory hyperalgesia in rat muscle and hind pawL C Loram
Brain Function Research Unit, School of Physiology, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Pain 8:127-36. 2007..Tissue and plasma samples were taken 3, 6, or 24 h after carrageenan or saline injection into one of the 2 sites...
- Toll-like receptor 4 mediates induction of the Bcl10-NFkappaB-interleukin-8 inflammatory pathway by carrageenan in human intestinal epithelial cellsSumit Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10550-8. 2008The sulfated polysaccharide carrageenan (CGN) induces activation of NFkappaB and interleukin 8 (IL-8) in human colonic epithelial cells through a pathway of innate immunity mediated by Bcl10 (B-cell CLL/lymphoma 10)...
- Indirect role of beta2-adrenergic receptors in the mechanism of anti-inflammatory action of NSAIDSH Suleyman
Department of Pharmacology, Erzurum, Ataturk University, Faculty of Medicine, Turkey
J Physiol Pharmacol 59:661-72. 2008..sodium, ibuprofen, nimesulide, tenoxicam and aspirin (IDINTA) are related to adrenal gland hormones in carrageenan-induced inflammation model of rats...
- Analgesic effects of serotonergic, noradrenergic or dual reuptake inhibitors in the carrageenan test in rats: evidence for synergism between serotonergic and noradrenergic reuptake inhibitionCarrie K Jones
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Neuropharmacology 51:1172-80. 2006..antidepressant drugs with serotonergic, noradrenergic, or dual reuptake inhibition was evaluated in reversing carrageenan-induced thermal hyperalgesia and mechanical allodynia in rats. Duloxetine (1-30mg/kg, i.p...
- Anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity of the topical preparation of Verbena officinalis LM I Calvo
Farmacia y Tecnologia Farmaceutica, Facultad de Farmacia, University of Navarra, C Irularrea s n, 31008, Pamplona Spain
J Ethnopharmacol 107:380-2. 2006..p. and topical administration, the effects of several formulations were prepared and studied using carrageenan-induced edema and formalin testing...
- Antiinflammatory and analgesic activities of the tissue culture of Saussurea involucrataJing Ming Jia
Department of Pharmacology, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, P. R. China
Biol Pharm Bull 28:1612-4. 2005..The present study provided evidence first that TCSauI has antiinflammatory and analgesic activities, suggesting the potential of the tissue culture technique to substitute for wild S. involucrata in the pharmaceutical industry...
- Prevention of arthritic inflammation using an oriental herbal combination BDX-1 isolated from Achyranthes bidentata and Atractylodes japonicaSang-Bae Han
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology (KRIBB, 52 Oundong, Yusong, Taejon 305-333, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 28:902-8. 2005..It also inhibited carrageenan-induced acute edema and acetic acid-induced writhing response...
- Analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity of stereoisomers of carane derivatives in rodent testTadeusz Librowski
Department of Pharmacodynamics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical College, Jagiellonian University, Medyczna 9, PL 30 688 Krakow, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 57:802-10. 2005..Moreover, compound KP-23R showed spasmolytic activity. None of the investigated compounds induced damage of the mucous membrane of the rat stomach...
- Anti-inflammatory effect of licofelone against various inflammatory challengesVijay Pal Singh
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh - 160 014, India
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 20:65-71. 2006..0 mg/kg and 16.8 mg/kg (onset by 1 h, duration: long) was observed for licofelone against carrageenan-, arachidonic acid- and bradykinin-induced paw oedema, respectively...
- Evaluation of antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory effects of venlafaxine in the ratFeyza Aricioglu
University of Marmara, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacology and Psychopharmacology Research Unit, Istanbul, Turkey
Agri 17:41-6. 2005The aim of this study was to test antinociceptive properties of venlafaxine in rats with carrageenan-induced pain and inflammation. Pain was provoked with carrageenan (1%) injection into the plantar surface of the rat paw-pad...
- Endogenous opioids mediate the hypoalgesia induced by selective inhibitors of cyclo-oxygenase 2 in rat paws treated with carrageenanDorothéa S França
Departamento de Farmacologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, Campus da Pampulha, 31270901 Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Neuropharmacology 51:37-43. 2006Mechanical hyperalgesia induced in rat paws by carrageenan (250microg) was modified by pre-treatment with three selective inhibitors of cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2); celecoxib, rofecoxib and SC236...
- Analgesic effect of He-Ne (632.8 nm) low-level laser therapy on acute inflammatory painD M Ferreira
Instituto de Pesquisa e Desenvolvimento, , , , SP, Brazil
Photomed Laser Surg 23:177-81. 2005..CONCLUSION: He-Ne LLLT inhibits the sensitization increase of nociceptors on the inflammatory process. The analgesic effect seems to involve hyperalgesic mediators instead of peripheral opioid receptors...
- Possible analgesic and anti-inflammatory interactions of aspartame with opioids and NSAIDsSameer Sharma
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160 014, India
Indian J Exp Biol 43:498-502. 2005..Aspartame (4,8,16 mg/kg, po) significantly decreased carrageenan-induced increase in paw volume and also reversed the hyperalgesic effects in rats in combination with ..
- Synthesis, in vitro, and in vivo biological evaluation and molecular docking simulations of chiral alcohol and ether derivatives of the 1,5-diarylpyrrole scaffold as novel anti-inflammatory and analgesic agentsMariangela Biava
Dipartimento di Studi di Chimica e Tecnologie del Farmaco, Universita La Sapienza, Piazzale Aldo Moro, 5, I 00185 Roma, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem 16:8072-81. 2008..The affinity data have been rationalized through docking simulations...
- Antiinflammatory, analgesic and antioxidant activities of the fruit of Foeniculum vulgareEun-Mi Choi
Department of Biotechnology and Bioproducts Research Center, Yonsei University, 330-326, Hongjae-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-091, South Korea
Fitoterapia 75:557-65. 2004..vulgare fruit methanolic extract group compared to the control group (P<0.05). These results seems to support the use of F. vulgare fruit methanolic extract in relieving inflammation...
- Comparison of the antinociceptive activity of two new NO-releasing derivatives of the NSAID S-ketoprofen in ratsGema Gaitan
, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Alcal, Madrid, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 143:533-40. 2004....
- Efficacy of duloxetine, a potent and balanced serotonergic and noradrenergic reuptake inhibitor, in inflammatory and acute pain models in rodentsCarrie K Jones
Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 312:726-32. 2005..plate in mice and in the persistent and/or inflammatory pain models of acetic acid-induced writhing in mice, carrageenan-induced thermal hyperalgesia and mechanical allodynia in rats, and capsaicin-induced mechanical allodynia in ..
- Anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive activities of Trewia polycarpa rootsD Chamundeeswari
Sri Ramachandra College of Pharmacy, Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute (Deemed University, Porur, Chennai-600 116, India
Fitoterapia 75:740-4. 2004..The extract did not reveal any toxicity in rats up to a dose of 3.2 g/kg (p.o.). It showed the presence of terpenoids, alkaloids, flavonoids, quinones and glycosides on phytochemical screening...
- New xanthone derivatives as potent anti-inflammatory agentsTadeusz Librowski
Department of Pharmacodynamics, Jagiellonian University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical College, Medyczna 9, 30 688 Krakow, Poland
Medicina (Kaunas) 41:54-8. 2005..A series of novel xanthone derivatives were synthesized as potential anti-inflammatory compounds. The compounds were examined for anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Aspirin and ketoprofen were used as reference compounds...
- A-425619 [1-isoquinolin-5-yl-3-(4-trifluoromethyl-benzyl)-urea], a novel transient receptor potential type V1 receptor antagonist, relieves pathophysiological pain associated with inflammation and tissue injury in ratsPrisca Honore
Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 314:410-21. 2005..o.). Taken together, the present data indicate that A-425619, a potent and selective antagonist of TRPV1 receptors, effectively relieves acute and chronic inflammatory pain and postoperative pain...
- Analgesic and antiinflammatory activity of Cyclamen repandum S. et SE Speroni
Department of Pharmacology, Via Irnerio 48, Bologna University, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Phytother Res 21:684-9. 2007..The possible antiinflammatory and analgesic properties were investigated as the saponin content of the fractions allows to speculate on such aspect...
- Anti-inflammatory action of phenolic compounds from Gastrodia elata rootJi Yun Lee
Division of Pathophysiology and Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Chung-Ang University, Seoul 156-756, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 29:849-58. 2006..To investigate the anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant activity of these compounds, their effects on carrageenan-induced paw edema, arachidonic acid (AA)-induced ear edema and analgesic activity in acetic acid (HAc)-induced ..
- Interferential therapy produces antinociception during application in various models of inflammatory painSérgio Jorge
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Campinas, Piracicaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Phys Ther 86:800-8. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of IFT in reducing inflammatory pain and edema in rats...
- Anti-hyperalgesic and anti-inflammatory effects of ketorolac tromethamine gel using pulsed ultrasound in inflamed ratsJae Heon Yang
Department of Pharmacy, Woosuk University, Samrye, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 31:511-7. 2008..delivery using pulsed ultrasound by examining its anti-hyperalgesic and anti-inflammatory effects in a rat carrageenan inflammation model...
- In vivo study of the anti-inflammatory effect of Rhus toxicodendronA L dos Santos
Faculdade de Ciências da Saúde de São Paulo, R Bartolomeu de Gusmão, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Homeopathy 96:95-101. 2007..Homeopathic Rhus toxicodendron (Rhus tox) is used in various inflammatory conditions. We screened its effect compared to succussed ethanol controls and appropriate active controls...
- Quantitative characterization of a repeated acute joint inflammation model in ratsMihaly Peter Szabo
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Hungary
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:520-6. 2007..2. We introduced a new subchronic inflammatory model by repeated unilateral administration of carrageenan into the ankle joint of rats, and investigated the degree and the time-course of the oedema, and thermal and ..
- Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory activities of the aqueous extract of Kaempferia galanga leaves in animal modelsM R Sulaiman
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
J Nat Med 62:221-7. 2008..05) dose-dependent anti-inflammatory activity when assessed using the carrageenan-induced paw-edema test. In conclusion, this study demonstrated that K...
- Chemical and biological investigation of N-hydroxy-valdecoxib: An active metabolite of valdecoxibPéter Erdélyi
Medicinal Chemistry Research Laboratory No IV, Gedeon Richter Plc, PO Box 27, H 1475 Budapest 10, Hungary
Bioorg Med Chem 16:5322-30. 2008..H(2)O). The anti-inflammatory properties of 3a.H(2)O were investigated in carrageenan-induced edema and in acute and chronic pain models...
- Topical dosage form of valdecoxib: preparation and pharmacological evaluationK S Kesavanarayanan
C L Baid Metha College of Pharmacy, Thoraipakkam, Chennai 600096, India
Acta Pharm 57:199-209. 2007..The bleeding and clotting time showed no significant difference before and after application of F-X...
- Synthesis and pharmacological investigation of novel 3-(3-methylphenyl)-2-substituted amino-3H-quinazolin-4-ones as analgesic and anti-inflammatory agentsVeerachamy Alagarsamy
Medicinal Chemistry Research Laboratory, Dayananda Sagar College of Pharmacy, Kumarswamy Layout, Bangalore 560 078, India
J Pharm Pharmacol 59:669-77. 2007..The test compounds showed only mild ulcerogenic potential compared with aspirin...
- Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory effects of compounds isolated from Scaphyglottis livida and Maxillaria densaMyrna Deciga-Campos
Sección de Estudios de Posgrado e Investigación, Escuela Superior de Medicina del Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Mexico, D F, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 114:161-8. 2007..and anti-inflammatory effects when tested in mice and rats using the hot-plate (150-600 mg/kg) and carrageenan-induced inflammation (150-600 mg/kg) models, respectively. Morphine (1.5-6 mg/kg, p.o...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of ketoprofen plastersSung Koun Heo
College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Busan 609 735, Korea
Biopharm Drug Dispos 29:37-44. 2008..09 microg/ml, respectively, which were about twice the values of Ketotop-L. The hind paw edema induced by carrageenan injection was measured for 6 h after applying a 2 x 2 cm(2) plaster, and the area under the time-response curve ..
- Antiinflammatory and antinociceptive effects of the selective histamine H4-receptor antagonists JNJ7777120 and VUF6002 in a rat model of carrageenan-induced acute inflammationGabriella Coruzzi
Department of Human Anatomy, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, University of Parma, Via Volturno 39, 43100 Parma, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 563:240-4. 2007..of the highly selective histamine H4 receptor antagonists JNJ7777120 and VUF6002 were investigated on the carrageenan-induced inflammation and thermal hyperalgesia in rats. JNJ7777120 (10 and 30 mg/kg, s.c...
- Antinociceptive and antiedematogenic activities of fenofibrate, an agonist of PPAR alpha, and pioglitazone, an agonist of PPAR gammaAntônio Carlos P Oliveira
Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Avenida Antônio Carlos 6627 31270 91 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 561:194-201. 2007..Mechanical allodynia induced by carrageenan in rats was inhibited by prolonged treatment with fenofibrate, but not by acute treatment with pioglitazone or ..
- An investigation of the anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of Orthosiphon stamineus leaf extractMun Fei Yam
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
J Med Food 11:362-8. 2008..of SEOS at doses of 500 and 1,000 mg/kg significantly reduced the hind paw edema in rats at 3 and 5 hours after carrageenan administration (P < .01 and P < .01; P < .01 and P < .05, respectively). SEOS (1,000 mg/kg, p.o...
- Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-oedematous effects of Lafoensia pacari extract and ellagic acidAlexandre P Rogerio
Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Departamento de Analises Clinicas, Toxicologicas e Bromatologicas, Av do Cafe S N, Ribeirao Preto, SP, 14040 903, Brazil
J Pharm Pharmacol 58:1265-73. 2006..We also determined the anti-oedematous, analgesic and anti-pyretic effects of L. pacari extract in carrageenan-induced paw oedema, acetic acid writhing and LPS-induced fever, respectively. L...
- Characterization of the antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory activities of riboflavin in different experimental modelsCaryne M Bertollo
, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, , 31270-901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 547:184-91. 2006..Riboflavin (25, 50 or 100 mg/kg, i.p.), administered immediately and 2 h after the injection of carrageenan, induced antiedema and antinociceptive effects...
- Synthesis, analgesic and anti-inflammatory evaluation of some new 3H-quinazolin-4-one derivativesAhmed M Alafeefy
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 341:377-85. 2008..Some compounds were evaluated for their analgesic and anti-inflammatory activities by writhing and carrageenan-induced rat paw edema tests, respectively...
- Synthesis of new chemical entities from paracetamol and NSAIDs with improved pharmacodynamic profileMange Ram Yadav
Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Technology and Engineering, Kalabhavan, The M S University of Baroda, Vadodara 390 001, India
Bioorg Med Chem 14:8701-6. 2006..These compounds elicited no ulcerogenicity unlike their parent drugs...
- Hyperbaric oxygen treatment decreases inflammation and mechanical hypersensitivity in an animal model of inflammatory painHilary D Wilson
University of Texas at Arlington, Department of Psychology, 501 S. Nedderman Drive, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
Brain Res 1098:126-8. 2006..The purpose of this experiment was to explore the effect of hyperbaric oxygen treatment on carrageenan-induced inflammation and pain in rats...
- Prostacyclin antagonism reduces pain and inflammation in rodent models of hyperalgesia and chronic arthritisAnne-Marie Pulichino
Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, Kirkland, , Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 319:1043-50. 2006..The results also suggest that the inhibition of PGI(2) synthesis by NSAIDs and COX-2 inhibitors, in addition to that of PGE(2), contributes to their efficacy in treating the signs of arthritis...
- Evaluation of the anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic activities of the natural polyphenol chlorogenic acidMichel David dos Santos
, , Brazil
Biol Pharm Bull 29:2236-40. 2006..Additional experiments are necessary in order to clarify the true target for the anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of CGA...
- Anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive activity of Thymus pubescens extractMitra Mahmoudi
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
Fitoterapia 79:361-5. 2008..pubescens aerial parts methanol extract were studied at doses of 50-400 mg/kg i.p. using carrageenan-induced edema, formalin, hot plate and writhing tests...
- PAIN, NOCICEPTION AND THE AMYGDALAVolker Neugebauer; Fiscal Year: 2007..calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and corticotropin releasing factor (CRF), in the amygdala in our kaolin/carrageenan arthritis pain model...
- The Regulation of Inflammatory Responses by CD73Linda Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will focus initially on two model systems where adenosine receptors are known to be important: the carrageenan-treated air pouch (Aim I) and LPS-induced septic shock (Aim II)...
- BLOOD BRAIN BARRIER CHANGES INDUCED BY PAINTHOMAS PAUL DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Studies from our laboratory show that peripheral inflammatory pain induced by ?-carrageenan, formalin or complete Freund's adjuvant, increases paracellular BBB permeability, alters multi-drug ..
- A topical treatment for genital papillomavirus infectionsRichard Schlegel; Fiscal Year: 2007..The first compound is carrageenan, which was recently shown by Dr...
- CANNABINOID MODULATION OF HYPERALGESIADONALD SIMONE; Fiscal Year: 2004..to determine antihyperalgesic properties of intarplantar and intrathecal cannabinoids using the capsaicin and carrageenan models of inflammation (Aim 1); to determine whether cannabinoids reduce sensitization of cutaneous nociceptors ..
- Pain, Nociception, and the AmygdalVolker Neugebauer; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will continue to use our well-established pain model, the kaolin/carrageenan-induced knee joint arthritis. The following specific hypotheses will be tested: 1...
- Pain, Nociception, and the AmygdalVolker Neugebauer; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will continue to use our well-established pain model, the kaolin/carrageenan-induced knee joint arthritis. The following specific hypotheses will be tested: 1...
- Nociceptor Maturation and Response to Peripheral InjuryCHARLES JEFFERY WOODBURY; Fiscal Year: 2011..induced inflammation in facial skin of newborn mice;the long-term effects of neonatal adjuvant-induced and carrageenan-induced inflammation will be compared to analyze potential differences between persistent versus acute ..
- Nociceptor Maturation and Response to Peripheral InjuryCHARLES JEFFERY WOODBURY; Fiscal Year: 2010..induced inflammation in facial skin of newborn mice;the long-term effects of neonatal adjuvant-induced and carrageenan-induced inflammation will be compared to analyze potential differences between persistent versus acute ..
- Nociceptor Maturation and Response to Peripheral InjuryCHARLES WOODBURY; Fiscal Year: 2009..induced inflammation in facial skin of newborn mice; the long-term effects of neonatal adjuvant-induced and carrageenan-induced inflammation will be compared to analyze potential differences between persistent versus acute ..
- Spinal Galanin and its Receptors in Pain ProcessingTony Yaksh; Fiscal Year: 2005..rats on models of acute nociceptive processing (thermal escape), post tissue injury pain states (formalin and carrageenan hyperalgesia), and in post nerve injury pain states (Chung tactile allodynia Vincristine evoked tactile ..
- KLF2 monocyte activation and vascular inflammationMukesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, reconstitution of immunodeficient mice with KLF2 overexpressing monocytes significantly reduced carrageenan-induced acute paw inflammation and edema...
- KLF2 monocyte activation and vascular inflammationMUKESH KUMAR JAIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, reconstitution of immunodeficient mice with KLF2 overexpressing monocytes significantly reduced carrageenan-induced acute paw inflammation and edema...
- BLOOD BRAIN BARRIER CHANGES INDUCED BY PAINThomas Davis; Fiscal Year: 2006..increase in the permeability of the rat blood-brain barrier during three models of peripheral pain (Formalin, A-carrageenan, Complete Freunds Adjuvant) to [S14C] Sucrose which will only cross the blood-brain barrier if the tight ..
- PAIN, NOCICEPTION AND THE AMYGDALAVolker Neugebauer; Fiscal Year: 2002..The effects of persistent pain on the activity of CeA neurons will be studied using the kaolin/carrageenan inflamed knee joint model in the rat...
- Ontogenic changes in injury-induced gene expressionGordon Barr; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the putative critical period, during the first two weeks of life, pups are injected with carrageenan. Older pups are tested because they are outside the critical period...
- Neural blockade with vanilloidsIgor Kissin; Fiscal Year: 2007..functions; (2) if selective neural blockade by RTX prevents and reverses pain behavior and hyperalgesia in carrageenan-induced inflammation and incisional injury; and (3) if the inactivation phase of the local effect of RTX on ..
- Feasibility Study of Three NCEs for Rheumatoid ArthritisJiajiu Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2004..and our proprietary compound (compound A) and performed in vivo inhibition studies for inflammation induced by carrageenan. Based on the anti-inflammation results, we have selected three most promising compounds (UTL-5b, UTL-5d, and ..
- ZCM: A novel broad-spectrum microbicide for STIsMelissa Robbiani; Fiscal Year: 2007..ZCM comprises Zn bound to carrageenan and the non-nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor MIV-150...