Genomes and Genes
Summary: An antibacterial agent that is a semisynthetic analog of LINCOMYCIN.
Publications217 found, 100 shown here
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from bovine mastitis in ArgentinaE Gentilini
, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Dairy Sci 85:1913-7. 2002..40, 0.38, 4.00, 0.75, 0.75, 3.60, and 2.00 for penicillin, oxacillin, cephalothin, gentamicin, erythromycin, clindamycin, and ampicillin-sulbactam, respectively. Resistance was detected in 34 (27.6%), 4 (3.2%), 7 (5.7%), and 6 (4...
- Quinupristin-dalfopristin nonsusceptibility in pneumococci from sickle cell disease patientsCaroline A Obert
Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale St, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:386-9. 2007..One-third of the isolates harbored a known resistance mechanism. Q-D is not optimal for use for the treatment of pneumococcal infection in SCD patients...
- [Serotypes and antimicrobial susceptibility of Streptococcus agalactiae]María Angélica Martínez
Programa de Microbiología y Micología, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 132:549-55. 2004..In the last decade, a dramatic increase in the resistance of this microorganism to erythromycin and clindamycin has been observed.
- Plasmids of Staphylococcus cohnii isolated from the intensive-care unitE M Szewczyk
Department of Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Medical University of Łódź, 90 235 Łódź, Poland
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 49:123-31. 2004..were grouped in antibiotic-resistance clusters established for 9 antibiotics (gentamicin, ciprofloxacin, clindamycin, erythromycin, tetracycline, chloramphenicol, mupirocin, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, vancomycin) using the ..
- [The phenotype and genotype patterns of erythromycin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae]Tie-mei Zhao
Department of Pulmonology, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 43:329-32. 2004..pneumoniae. METHODS: The minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) of erythromycin, clindamycin, penicillin and fluoroquinolones against 192 strains of S...
- Randomized controlled trial of fosmidomycin-clindamycin versus sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine in the treatment of Plasmodium falciparum malariaSunny Oyakhirome
Institute for Tropical Medicine, Department for Parasitology, University of Tubingen, Wilhelmstrasse 27, Tubingen, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:1869-71. 2007Fosmidomycin-clindamycin therapy given every 12 h for 3 days was compared with a standard single oral dose of sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine...
- Meta-analysis comparing efficacy of benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide with salicylic acid, and combination benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin in acneElizabeth M Seidler
Clinical Unit for Research Trials in Skin, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 63:52-62. 2010Comparative efficacy of the multiple treatments containing benzoyl peroxide (BPO) and clindamycin (CL) is not established.
- Inducible clindamycin resistance among clinical isolates of StaphylococciA M Ciraj
Department of Microbiology, Melaka Manipal Medical College, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka 576 104, India
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 52:49-51. 2009Clinical failure of clindamycin therapy has been reported due to multiple mechanisms that confer resistance to macrolide, lincosamide and streptogramin antibiotics...
- Clindamycin as an antimalarial drug: review of clinical trialsBertrand Lell
Medical Research Unit, Albert Schweitzer Hospital, , Gabon
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2315-20. 2002
- Human lactobacilli as supplementation of clindamycin to patients with bacterial vaginosis reduce the recurrence rate; a 6-month, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyPer Goran Larsson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karnsjukhuset, SE 541 85 Skövde, Sweden
BMC Womens Health 8:3. 2008..was to investigate if supplementary lactobacilli treatment could improve the initial cure rate after vaginal clindamycin therapy, and secondly, if lactobacilli as repeated adjunct treatment during 3 menstrual cycles could lengthen ..
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of a combination topical gel formulation of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin with benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin and vehicle gel in the treatments of acne vulgarisJ J Leyden
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 2:33-9. 2001BACKGROUND: Topical clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide have each demonstrated clinical efficacy in the treatment of acne vulgaris...
- Intravaginal clindamycin to reduce preterm birth in women with abnormal genital tract floraRonald F Lamont
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Northwick Park and St Mark s Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex, London HA1 3UJ, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 101:516-22. 2003To assess the ability of clindamycin vaginal cream to reduce the incidence of preterm birth in women with abnormal genital tract flora in the second trimester of pregnancy.
- Inducible clindamycin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus isolated from clinical samplesV Deotale
Department of Microbiology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram Dist Wardha, M S 442 102, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 28:124-6. 2010b>Clindamycin is commonly used in the treatment of erythromycin resistant Staphylococcus aureus causing skin and soft tissue infections...
- Incidence of constitutive and inducible clindamycin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci in a community and a tertiary care hospitalPaul C Schreckenberger
University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago, Rm 238 CSB, M C 750, 840 S Wood St, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:2777-9. 2004The incidences of inducible clindamycin resistance at two hospitals (an inner-city hospital and a suburban community hospital) were 7 and 12% for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, 20 and 19% for methicillin-susceptible S...
- In vitro and in vivo synergy of fosmidomycin, a novel antimalarial drug, with clindamycinJochen Wiesner
Institute of Biochemistry, Academic Hospital Centre, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2889-94. 2002..Synergy was observed between fosmidomycin and the lincosamides, lincomycin and clindamycin. The efficacy of a combination of fosmidomycin and clindamycin was subsequently demonstrated in the Plasmodium ..
- Detection and prevalence of inducible clindamycin resistance in staphylococciGurdal Yilmaz
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Karadeniz Technical University School of Medicine, 61080 Trabzon, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 56:342-5. 2007..The resistance to antimicrobial agents among staphylococci is an increasing problem. Clindamycin (CL) is considered to be one of the alternative agents in these infections...
- Efficacy and tolerability of combined topical treatment of acne vulgaris with adapalene and clindamycin: a multicenter, randomized, investigator-blinded studyJohn E Wolf
Baylor College of Medicine, Dermatology Department, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 49:S211-7. 2003..1% plus clindamycin phosphate lotion 1%, compared with clindamycin plus vehicle for the treatment of mild to moderate acne vulgaris...
- The efficacy and safety of a combination benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin topical gel compared with benzoyl peroxide alone and a benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin combination productJ J Leyden
University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, USA
J Cutan Med Surg 5:37-42. 2001BACKGROUND: Topical clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide have each demonstrated clinical efficacy in the treatment of acne vulgaris...
- Design and in vitro evaluation of a novel bioadhesive vaginal drug delivery system for clindamycin phosphateNitin Dobaria
Pharmacy Department, Centre of Relevance and Excellence in Novel Drug Delivery Systems, G H Patel building, The M S University of Baroda, Vadodara, India
Pharm Dev Technol 15:405-14. 2010To develop more effective treatment for bacterial vaginosis, bioadhesive film formulations of clindamycin phosphate (CL) for vaginal delivery were studied. The bioadhesive films were prepared by solvent evaporation method...
- Clindamycin-induced CovS-mediated regulation of the production of virulent exoproteins streptolysin O, NAD glycohydrolase, and streptokinase in Streptococcus pyogenesMasaaki Minami
Department of Bacteriology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:98-102. 2010The administration of high-dose clindamycin (CLI) along with penicillin is recommended for the treatment of streptococcal toxic shock syndrome...
- Efficacy of clindamycin vaginal ovule (3-day treatment) vs. clindamycin vaginal cream (7-day treatment) in bacterial vaginosisJ Sobel
Division of Infectious Diseases, Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University School of Medicine, MI 48201, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 9:9-15. 2001OBJECTIVE: To compare the efficacy and safety of a 3-day regimen of clindamycin vaginal ovules with a 7-day regimen of clindamycin vaginal cream for the treatment of bacterial vaginosis (BV)...
- Lincomycin, clindamycin and their applicationsJ Spizek
Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 142 20 Prague, Czech Republic
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 64:455-64. 2004Lincomycin and clindamycin are lincosamide antibiotics used in clinical practice. Both antibiotics are bacteriostatic and inhibit protein synthesis in sensitive bacteria...
- Artesunate-clindamycin versus quinine-clindamycin in the treatment of Plasmodium falciparum malaria: a randomized controlled trialMichael Ramharter
Albert Schweitzer Hospital, , Gabon, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 40:1777-84. 2005..open-label, randomized, controlled clinical trial to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of oral artesunate-clindamycin therapy given twice daily for 3 days (artesunate, 2 mg/kg, and clindamycin, 7 mg/kg, per dose), compared with a ..
- Safety of a novel gel formulation of clindamycin phosphate 1.2%-tretinoin 0.025%: results from a 52-week open-label studyLeon H Kircik
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Cutis 82:358-66. 2008..The combination treatment is a gel formulation containing a crystalline suspension of clindamycin phosphate 1.2%-tretinoin 0.025% (CLIN/RA)...
- Clinical safety and efficacy studies of a novel formulation combining 1.2% clindamycin phosphate and 0.025% tretinoin for the treatment of acne vulgarisJoel Schlessinger
Advanced Skin Research Center, Omaha, NE, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 6:607-15. 2007b>Clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and tretinoin 0.025% gel (CLIN/RA gel [ZIANA Gel]) is a novel topical combination agent approved by the FDA for the treatment of acne vulgaris in patients 12 years of age or older...
- Clindamycin phosphate/tretinoin gel formulation in the treatment of acne vulgarisM Badawy Abdel-Naser
Dessau Medical Center, Departments of Dermatology, Venereology, Allergology and Immunology, Auenweg 38, 06847 Dessau, Germany
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:2931-7. 2008b>Clindamycin phosphate 1.2% together with tretinoin 0.025% as a gel (CTG) is a topical formulation of a fixed and stable combination approved by the FDA for the treatment of acne vulgaris in patients 12 years of age or older...
- A randomized, double-blind comparison of a clindamycin phosphate/benzoyl peroxide gel formulation and a matching clindamycin gel with respect to microbiologic activity and clinical efficacy in the topical treatment of acne vulgarisWilliam J Cunliffe
Department of Dermatology, The General Infirmary, Leeds, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 24:1117-33. 2002..OBJECTIVE: The purpose of this study was to compare the antimicrobial and clinical efficacy and tolerability of clindamycin phosphate 1%/benzoyl peroxide 5% gel formulation with matching clindamycin 1% gel in the treatment of acne ..
- Efficacy and tolerability of a fixed combination of clindamycin phosphate (1.2%) and low concentration benzoyl peroxide (2.5%) aqueous gel in moderate or severe acne subpopulationsGuy Webster
Jefferson Dermatology Service, Wilmington Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Wilmington, PA, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 8:736-43. 2009..Oral antibiotics are commonly prescribed for moderate or severe acne, but there may be limitations due to concerns about side effects associated with systemic treatments...
- A novel gel formulation of 0.25% tretinoin and 1.2% clindamycin phosphate: efficacy in acne vulgaris patients aged 12 to 18 yearsLawrence F Eichenfield
Rady Children s Hospital and University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California 92123, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 26:257-61. 2009..Recently, the US FDA approved the combination of 1.2% clindamycin (CLIN) and 0...
- Inducible clindamycin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus: a study from North IndiaV Gupta
Department of Microbiology, Government Medical College Hospital, Chandigarh, India
J Postgrad Med 55:176-9. 2009..The resistance to macrolide can be mediated by msr A gene coding for efflux mechanism or via erm gene encoding for enzymes that confer inducible or constitutive resistance to macrolide, lincosamide and Type B streptogramin...
- Microbiologic response to treatment of bacterial vaginosis with topical clindamycin or metronidazoleM N Austin
Magee Womens Research Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 3180, USA
J Clin Microbiol 43:4492-7. 2005..women aged 18 to 45 with clinical and Gram stain evidence of BV were randomized to receive intravaginal clindamycin or metronidazole...
- Transdermal absorption of clindamycin and tretinoin from topically applied anti-acne formulations in manE J van Hoogdalem
Clinical Pharmacology Research Department, Yamanouchi Europe B V, Leiderdorp, The Netherlands
Biopharm Drug Dispos 19:563-9. 1998The percutaneous absorption of clindamycin was studied in healthy male volunteers, comparing two investigative clindamycin (% w/v)/tretinoin (0...
- A combination benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin topical gel compared with benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin phosphate, and vehicle in the treatment of acne vulgarisE H Tschen
Academic Dermatology Associates, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Cutis 67:165-9. 2001A topical gel combining 5% benzoyl peroxide and 1% clindamycin as phosphate was evaluated in a 10-week randomized double-blind trial involving 287 patients with moderate to moderately severe acne...
- Effect of sub-MIC concentrations of metronidazole, vancomycin, clindamycin and linezolid on toxin gene transcription and production in Clostridium difficileMichael Gerber
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 24, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Med Microbiol 57:776-83. 2008..difficile-associated diarrhoea (CDAD). The impact of metronidazole (MTR), vancomycin (VAN), clindamycin (CLI) and linezolid (LZD) on growth, toxin gene transcription and toxin production in C...
- Genome scanning of Amazonian Plasmodium falciparum shows subtelomeric instability and clindamycin-resistant parasitesNeekesh V Dharia
Department of Cell Biology, ICND 202, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genome Res 20:1534-44. 2010..isolates we discovered point mutations in the apicoplast genome that are close to known mutations that confer clindamycin resistance in other species, but which were hitherto unknown in malaria parasites...
- Antibiotic management of Staphylococcus aureus infections in US children's hospitals, 1999-2008Joshua C Herigon
Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Section of Infectious Diseases, 2401 Gillham Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Pediatrics 125:e1294-300. 2010..The objective of this study was to describe trends in antibiotic management for Staphylococcus aureus infections among hospitalized children from 1999 to 2008...
- Isotretinoin plus clindamycin seem highly effective against severe erlotinib-induced skin rash in advanced non-small cell lung cancerPaolo Bidoli
Medical Oncology Unit, S Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Italy
J Thorac Oncol 5:1662-3. 2010..No effective treatment for the rash is available...
- Prevalence of inducible clindamycin resistance in staphylococcal isolates at a Korean tertiary care hospitalHwan Sub Lim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Kwandong University College of Medicine, Kyunggi, Korea
Yonsei Med J 47:480-4. 2006b>Clindamycin resistance in Staphylococcus species can be either constitutive or inducible. Inducible resistance cannot be detected by the conventional antimicrobial susceptibility test...
- Growth phase-dependent effect of clindamycin on production of exoproteins by Streptococcus pyogenesJun Sawai
Department of Molecular Bacteriology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:461-7. 2007The administration of high-dose clindamycin plus benzylpenicillin has been recommended for the treatment of streptococcal toxic shock-like syndrome caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, and clindamycin has been found to be more effective ..
- Inducible clindamycin resistance in staphylococci isolated from clinical samplesNuran Delialioglu
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Mersin University Faculty of Medicine, Mersin, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 58:104-6. 2005..The double-disc test was applied by placing erythromycin and clindamycin discs on these isolates to investigate the inducible and constitutive MLS(B) resistance phenotypes and MS ..
- No decrease in clindamycin susceptibility despite increased use of clindamycin for pediatric community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus skin infectionsJillian M Szczesiul
Department of Pharmacy, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:852-4. 2007..our institution revealed 98% of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) isolates were susceptible to clindamycin; however, beta-lactams were then the predominant empiric treatment...
- Solid state NMR and bioequivalence comparison of the pharmacokinetic parameters of two formulations of clindamycinZ A Al-Talla
Analytical Core Lab, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, KAUST, Thuwal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 49:469-76. 2011..was to compare the pharmacokinetic parameters and determine the bioequivalence of a generic formulation of clindamycin that is sold in the local markets in the Middle East (Clindox® 150 mg capsule; test) with a reference ..
- A novel gel formulation of clindamycin phosphate-tretinoin is not associated with acne flaringJames J Leyden
KGL, Inc, Broomall, Pennsylvania 19008, USA
Cutis 82:151-6. 2008..In 3 multicenter, double-blind, randomized, phase 3 trials of a clindamycin phosphate 1.2%-tretinoin 0...
- Two randomized, double-blind, controlled trials of 2219 subjects to compare the combination clindamycin/tretinoin hydrogel with each agent alone and vehicle for the treatment of acne vulgarisJames J Leyden
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:73-81. 2006The development of a hydrogel to stabilize and solubilize clindamycin and tretinoin provides a single, once-daily treatment for acne vulgaris.
- Prevalence of inducible clindamycin resistance in gram positive organisms in a tertiary care centreM R Angel
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore 632 004, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 26:262-4. 2008..For these infections, clindamycin is a useful alternate drug in penicillin-allergic patients...
- Topical clindamycin in the management of acne vulgarisDavid R P Guay
University of Minnesota, College of Pharmacy, Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, Weaver Densford Hall 7 148, 308 Harvard Street SE, Minneapolis, MN, 55455, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 8:2625-64. 2007..These include oral tetracycline, doxycycline, minocycline and topical clindamycin and erythromycin...
- Evaluation of an antibiotic-impregnated shunt system for the treatment of hydrocephalusSoma T Govender
Department of Neurosurgery, Wentworth Hospital, Nelson R. Mandela School of Medicine, University of Natal, Durban, South Africa
J Neurosurg 99:831-9. 2003..The AIS system represents another important tool to enable the neurosurgeon to prevent shunt infections...
- In vitro activity and interaction of clindamycin combined with dihydroartemisinin against Plasmodium falciparumM Ramharter
Department of Parasitology, Institute for Tropical Medicine, University of Tuebingen, Germany. ramhartergmx.at
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3494-9. 2003..This study was conducted to evaluate the antimalarial potential of clindamycin in combination with dihydroartemisinin in continuously cultured and in freshly isolated Plasmodium falciparum ..
- An aqueous gel fixed combination of clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and benzoyl peroxide 2.5% for the once-daily treatment of moderate to severe acne vulgaris: assessment of efficacy and safety in 2813 patientsDiane Thiboutot
Department of Dermatology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:792-800. 2008We sought to evaluate efficacy, safety, and tolerability of a combination of clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and benzoyl peroxide 2.5% (clindamycin-BPO 2.5%) aqueous gel in moderate to severe acne vulgaris.
- Influence of clindamycin on the stability of coa and fnbB transcripts and adherence properties of Staphylococcus aureus NewmanMaren Blickwede
, , , 31535 Neustadt-Mariensee, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 252:73-8. 2005We investigated whether a subinhibitory concentration of clindamycin (Cli), corresponding to 1/2 the strain-specific minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC), could affect expression and stability of transcripts from genes coding for ..
- An alternative high-performance liquid chromatographic method for determination of clindamycin in plasmaK Na-Bangchang
Pharmacology and Toxicology Unit, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Thammasat University, Pathumthani, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 37:177-84. 2006..and reproducible method based on a reversed-phase chromatography was developed for the determination of clindamycin in human plasma...
- Acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis due to clindamycinRonald J Sulewski
Resurrection Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
Dermatol Online J 14:14. 2008..Three cases of clindamycin induced AGEP have been reported in the literature...
- Clindamycin phosphate 1.2%- tretinoin 0.025% gel: vehicle characteristics, stability, and tolerabilityJames Q Del Rosso
Valley Hospital Medical Center, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Cutis 81:405-8. 2008An aqueous gel formulation containing solubilized clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and a stable combination of both solubilized and crystalline tretinoin 0...
- Phenotypic detection of inducible clindamycin resistance among Staphylococcus aureus isolates by using the lower limit of recommended inter-disk distanceG S Ajantha
Department of Microbiology, SDM College of Medical Sciences and Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad 580 009, Karnataka, India
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 51:376-8. 2008b>Clindamycin is one of the important alternative antibiotics in the therapy of Staphylococcus aureus, particularly in methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) infections...
- Treatment of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infectionsSheldon L Kaplan
Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:457-8. 2005
- Solubilized benzoyl peroxide versus benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin in the treatment of moderate acneEmil Tanghetti
Center for Dermatology and Laser Surgery, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 7:534-8. 2008..Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) is poorly soluble. A solubilized formulation of BPO has been developed to maximize its bioavailability and enhance follicular penetration...
- Enterococcal surface protein Esp does not facilitate intestinal colonization or translocation of Enterococcus faecalis in clindamycin-treated miceNicole J Pultz
Infectious Diseases Section (111W, Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, 10701 East Blvd, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 242:217-9. 2005..faecalis to mesenteric lymph nodes. After clindamycin treatment, similar levels of high-density colonization were established after orogastric inoculation of an E...
- Differences in the Enterococcus faecalis lsa locus that influence susceptibility to quinupristin-dalfopristin and clindamycinKavindra V Singh
Center for the Study of Emerging and Reemerging Pathogens, University of Texas Medical School Houston, 6431 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:32-9. 2005..lsa gene, encoding the putative ABC protein Lsa, influences resistance to quinupristin-dalfopristin (Q-D) and clindamycin (CLI). We have now found that, while cloned lsa from E...
- Prevalence and mechanisms of erythromycin resistance in group A and group B Streptococcus: implications for reporting susceptibility resultsM Desjardins
Division of Microbiology, Department of Medicine, The Ottawa Hospital, 501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 42:5620-3. 2004..Cross-resistance to clindamycin may be present, depending on the mechanism of resistance...
- Late miscarriage and preterm birth after treatment with clindamycin: a randomised consent design study according to ZelenP G Larsson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karnsjukhuset, Skovde, Sweden
BJOG 113:629-37. 2006To screen for bacterial vaginosis (BV) and to investigate the effect of treatment with vaginal clindamycin in order to observe the effect on late miscarriage and delivery prior to 37 completed weeks (primary outcome).
- Epidemics of diarrhea caused by a clindamycin-resistant strain of Clostridium difficile in four hospitalsS Johnson
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Chicago Health Care System, Lakeside Division, and Northwestern University Medical School, IL 60611, USA
N Engl J Med 341:1645-51. 1999..Since frequent use of clindamycin was associated with the outbreak in one of the hospitals, we examined the resistance genes of the epidemic-..
- Clindamycin phosphate scavenges hydroxyl radicalEmiko Sato
New Industry Creation Hatchery Center, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Int J Dermatol 46:1185-7. 2007b>Clindamycin phosphate (CLDMP) is effective against Gram-positive and anaerobic bacteria, and is known to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Penicillin and clindamycin differentially inhibit the production of pyrogenic exotoxins A and B by group A streptococciE M Mascini
Eijkman Winkler Institute for Microbiology, Infectious Diseases, and Inflammation, University Medical Center, G04 614, P O Box 85500, NL 3508 GA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Antimicrob Agents 18:395-8. 2001..Current antibiotics used for the treatment of these infections are penicillin and clindamycin. The effects of sub- and suprainhibitory concentrations of penicillin and clindamycin were evaluated in 14 ..
- Efficacy of antibiotic-impregnated shunt catheters in reducing shunt infection: data from the United Kingdom Shunt RegistryHugh K Richards
United Kingdom Shunt Registry, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Neurosurg Pediatr 4:389-93. 2009In recent years CSF shunt catheters impregnated with rifampicin and clindamycin have been introduced to the United Kingdom (UK) market...
- High incidence of erythromycin resistance among clinical isolates of Streptococcus agalactiae in TaiwanP R Hsueh
Department of Laboratory Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:3205-8. 2001..Of the erythromycin-resistant isolates, 86.3% had the macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin (MLS) resistance phenotype (constitutive MLS, 85.5%; inducible MLS, 0.8%) and 13.7% had the M phenotype...
- Neutropenia after single-dose clindamycin for dental prophylaxisJoseph S Bubalo
Department of Pharmacy Services, Oregon Health Sciences University, USA
Pharmacotherapy 23:101-3. 2003A 68-year-old man with stable chronic myelogenous leukemia received a single dose of clindamycin before having a tooth extracted. He was neutropenic 6 days later, with an absolute neutrophil count of 945 cells/mm3...
- Comparative potency of gemifloxacin, new quinolones, macrolides, tetracycline and clindamycin against Mycoplasma sppL B Duffy
University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 45:29-33. 2000..drugs were levofloxacin, trovafloxacin, grepafloxacin, azithromycin, clarithromycin, tetracycline and clindamycin. MICs were determined using a microbroth dilution method...
- Decrease of erythromycin resistance in group A streptococci by change of emm distributionEun Ha Koh
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University School of Medicine, Jinju, Korea
Jpn J Infect Dis 61:261-3. 2008..In the present study, resistance rates to erythromycin and clindamycin in 2004 decreased to 9.8 and 8.8%, respectively, compared with 51.0 and 33.7%, respectively, in 2002...
- Antimicrobial resistance of Staphylococcus aureus and oral streptococci strains from high-risk endocarditis patientsFrancisco Carlos Groppo
Department of Physiological Sciences, Dentistry School of Piracicaba, UNICAMP, Brazil
Gen Dent 53:410-3. 2005..0% to azithromycin, 27.6% to clarithromycin, 23.3% to erythromycin, 3.3% to cefazolin, and 6.7% to clindamycin. Regarding streptococci, 16.7% of the strains were resistant to ampicillin, 16.7% to amoxicillin, 23...
- Differences in the DNA sequence of the translational attenuator of several constitutively expressed erm(A) genes from clinical isolates of Streptococcus agalactiaeEsther Culebras
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Plaza Cristo Rey s n, Madrid, 28040, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 56:836-40. 2005..To study the regulatory region of a constitutively expressed erm(A) gene in Streptococcus agalactiae clinical isolates...
- Activities of clindamycin, synercid, telithromycin, linezolid, and mupirocin against Gram-positive coccal strains resistant to erythromycin in KoreaAe Ran Kwon
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151742, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:840-3. 2007The antibacterial activities of clindamycin, synercid, telithromycin, linezolid and mupirocin were evaluated against erythromycin-resistant Gram-positive coccal clinical isolates collected in Korean hospitals...
- Erythromycin and clindamycin resistance and telithromycin susceptibility in Streptococcus agalactiaeC Betriu
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:1112-4. 2003The rates of resistance to erythromycin and clindamycin among Streptococcus agalactiae strains isolated in our hospital increased from 4.2 and 0.8% in 1993 to 17.4 and 12.1%, respectively, in 2001...
- Incidence of inducible clindamycin resistance in staphylococci: first results from TurkeyO K Azap
Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Infectious Disease and Clinical Microbiology, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:582-4. 2005In total, 408 staphylococcal isolates were tested for inducible clindamycin resistance (ICR) by the disk-diffusion induction test (D-test). ICR was detected in 5.7% of 105 methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) isolates, 3...
- Prevalence of erythromycin and clindamycin resistance among Streptococcus agalactiae isolates in GermanyT E Schoening
Hygiene-Institut, , Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:579-82. 2005..The overall frequencies of erythromycin and clindamycin resistance were 11% and 4.7%, respectively...
- An analysis of a community-acquired pathogen in a Kentucky community: methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusForest W Arnold
University of Louisville School of Medicine, KY 40292, USA
J Ky Med Assoc 103:206-10. 2005..Reviewing risk factors in adult patients with CA-MRSA in Kentucky has not been reported...
- Anti-microbial susceptibility of Streptococcus spp. isolated from bovine mastitis in ArgentinaG Denamiel
, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Chorroain 280 (1427) Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 52:125-8. 2005The in vitro susceptibility to penicillin G, erythromycin and clindamycin was determined by the disc diffusion test and by E-test for a total of 47 streptococcal strains (three Streptococcus uberis, 36 Streptococcus agalactiae, eight ..
- Susceptibilities of Campylobacter jejuni isolates from Germany to ciprofloxacin, moxifloxacin, erythromycin, clindamycin, and tetracyclineJutta Wagner
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology of Infection, Institute of Infectious Diseases Medicine, Benjamin Franklin Medical Center, Free University of Berlin, 12203 Berlin
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:2358-61. 2003..Campylobacter jejuni resistance to antibiotics in Germany, MICs of ciprofloxacin, moxifloxacin, erythromycin, clindamycin, and tetracycline were determined (using agar dilution) for 144 clinical isolates...
- Mechanisms of macrolide resistance in clinical pneumococcal isolates in a university hospital, Ankara, TurkeyB Sener
Hacettepe University Medical Faculty, Dept of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
J Chemother 17:31-5. 2005..The minimum inhibitory concentrations (MICs) of penicillin G, erythromycin A and clindamycin were determined by the agar dilution method according to NCCLS guidelines. Ninety-one (13...
- Comparisons of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and hospital-associated MSRA infections in Sacramento, CaliforniaHsin Huang
Department of Infectious Disease, University of California, Davis, Medical Center, 4150 V Street, PSSB, G500, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Clin Microbiol 44:2423-7. 2006..Ninety-six percent of the CA-MRSA isolates were susceptible to clindamycin. Double-disk diffusion tests were performed to examine inducible clindamycin resistance by erythromycin ..
- In vitro activity of telithromycin and quinupristin/dalfopristin against methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci with defined resistance genotypesG Novotna
Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 142 20 Prague, Czechia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 52:593-9. 2007..epidermidis and S. warnerii indicating its widespread occurrence in CoNS. Misidentification of low-level resistant isolates by DDM may contribute to dissemination of streptogramin A resistance...
- [Investigation of erythromycin resistance and resistance phenotypes in group A beta hemolytic streptococci]Esma Gunduz Kaya
XII Türk Klinik Mikrobiyoloji ve infeksiyon Hastaliklan Kongresi nde
Mikrobiyol Bul 40:161-8. 2006..also determined resistance phenotypes of resistant strains by double disc synergy method using erythromycin and clindamycin discs. Twelve of 282 strains (4.3%) were found resistant to erythromycin; five (41...
- Inhibitory activity of garlic (Allium sativum) extract on multidrug-resistant Streptococcus mutansM M Fani
Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Shiraz Medical School, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 25:164-8. 2007..Considering in vitro data obtained in the present study, mouthwashes or toothpaste containing optimum concentration of garlic extract could be used for prevention of dental caries...
- [Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of antimicrobial therapy used in child osteoarticular infections]R Cohen
Groupe de pathologie infectieuse pédiatrique de la Société française de pédiatrie, Hopital Armand Trousseau, 26 av Docteur Arnold Netter 75012 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 14:S122-7. 2007..aureus strains are methicillin susceptible and dosages of cephalosporins are increased. Clindamycin is a very interesting alternative, if the strains are susceptible to macrolides.
- Agar dilution method for detection of inducible clindamycin resistance in Staphylococcus sppClarence J Fernandes
Department of Microbiology, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Clin Microbiol 45:4018-20. 2007We describe the development and validation of an agar dilution method for the detection of inducible clindamycin resistance by using 227 previously characterized erythromycin-resistant, clindamycin-susceptible Staphylococcus sp. isolates...
- Detection of inducible clindamycin resistance in staphylococci by broth microdilution using erythromycin-clindamycin combination wellsJana M Swenson
Antimicrobial Resistance Team, Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:3954-7. 2007A study conducted by 11 laboratories investigated the ability of four combinations of erythromycin (ERY) and clindamycin (CC) (ERY and CC at 4 and 0.5, 6 and 1, 8 and 1.5, and 0...
- Rapid determination of macrolide and lincosamide resistance in group B streptococcus isolated from vaginal-rectal swabsWilfred P dela Cruz
Clinical Investigation Facility, David Grant USAF Medical Center, Travis Air Force Base, CA 94535, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2007:46581. 2007..Our objective was to assess the ability of real-time PCR to predict in vitro resistance in isolates of group B streptococcus (GBS)...
- Molecular epidemiology of group A streptococcus causing scarlet fever in northern Taiwan, 2001-2002Ying Yan Chen
Research and Diagnostics Center, Centers for Disease Control, Taipei, Taiwan
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 58:289-95. 2007..9%). Antimicrobial resistance profiles were determined, and resistance to erythromycin (24.6%), clindamycin (2.0%), and chloramphenicol (1.3%) was detected...
- Antipropionibacterial activity of BAL19403, a novel macrolide antibioticStefanie Heller
Microbiological Research, Basilea Pharmaceutica AG, Grenzacherstrasse 487, Postfach, CH 4005 Basel, Switzerland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:1956-61. 2007..MICs indicated that BAL19403 was very active against erythromycin-resistant and clindamycin-resistant propionibacteria with mutations in the region from positions 2057 to 2059 (Escherichia coli numbering)..
- Plasmid-Borne erm(T) from invasive, macrolide-resistant Streptococcus pyogenes strainsRobyn L Woodbury
Division of Bacterial Diseases, Respiratory Diseases Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1140-3. 2008..from population-based invasive GAS surveillance in the United States were erythromycin resistant, inducibly clindamycin resistant, and lacked known macrolide resistance determinants...
- Mechanisms of macrolide resistance among Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates from RussiaRalf R Reinert
Institute for Medical Microbiology, National Reference Center for Streptococci, University Hospital RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:2260-2. 2008..7%], or both erm(B) and mef(E) (30.3%). Isolates with dual resistance genes [erm(B) and mef(E)] belonged to clonal complex CC81 or CC271...
- Nasal antibiotic-resistant Propionibacterium acnes carriage in acne vulgaris patients in TurkeyCagri Ergin
J Dermatol 33:899-901. 2006
- Activities of clindamycin, daptomycin, doxycycline, linezolid, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, and vancomycin against community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with inducible clindamycin resistance in murine thigh infection and in viKerry L LaPlante
Anti Infective Research Laboratory, Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:2156-62. 2008..Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) and about the ability of these strains to develop inducible resistance to clindamycin during therapy...
- Susceptibility of Streptococcus thermophilus to antibioticsLorenzo Tosi
Institute of Microbiology, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Via Emilia Parmense 84, 29100, Piacenza, Italy
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 92:21-8. 2007..isolates collected between 1948 and 2005 from different environments were investigated to assess erythromycin, clindamycin, streptomycin, gentamicin, tetracycline and ampicillin susceptibility by means of microdilution, Etest and disk ..
- Reduced ability of penicillin to eradicate ingested group A streptococci from epithelial cells: clinical and pathogenetic implicationsEdward L Kaplan
Department of Microbial Pathogenesis and Vaccine Research, GBF German Research Centre for Biotechnology, Braunschweig, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 43:1398-406. 2006..We examined the viability of ingested, intracellular GAS after epithelial cell exposure to antibiotics commonly recommended for therapy of GAS infections...
- Prevalence and mechanisms of erythromycin and clindamycin resistance in clinical isolates of beta-haemolytic streptococci of Lancefield groups A, B, C and G in Seville, SpainL Merino Díaz
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospitales Universitarios, Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:85-7. 2008Susceptibility to erythromycin and clindamycin was determined in 860 consecutive clinical isolates of beta-haemolytic streptococci belonging to groups A (GAS, n = 134), B (GBS, n = 689), C (GCS, n = 19) and G (GGS, n = 18)...
- Antimicrobial-resistance and enterotoxin-encoding genes among staphylococci isolated from expressed human breast milkLeticia A M Carneiro
Disciplina de Microbiologia e Imunologia, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Avenida 28 de Setembro, 87, Fundos 3o andar, 20551 030, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Med Microbiol 53:761-8. 2004..3 %). All strains were susceptible to clindamycin and vancomycin...
- Streptococcus agalactiae in a large Portuguese teaching hospital: antimicrobial susceptibility, serotype distribution, and clonal analysis of macrolide-resistant isolatesJ Figueira-Coelho
Laboratory of Microbiology, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Microb Drug Resist 10:31-6. 2004..Resistance was found to tetracycline (75.4%), erythromycin (10.7%), and clindamycin (9.9%). Of the 27 erythromycin-resistant isolates, 70.4% had the cMLS(B), 22.2% the iMLS(B), and 7...
- Macrolide resistance phenotypes in Streptococcus pneumoniae in Santiago, ChileElizabeth L Palavecino
Laboratory Services, Universidad Catolica, Santiago, Chile
Int J Antimicrob Agents 20:108-12. 2002..Our results showed that 22 (56.5%) were macrolide-resistant, clindamycin-susceptible isolates (M phenotype) and 17 (43.5%) were macrolide and clindamycin resistant (MLS(B) phenotype)...
- Bactericidal effect and pharmacodynamics of cethromycin (ABT-773) in a murine pneumococcal pneumonia modelMyo-Kyoung Kim
Department of Pharmacy Research, Division of Infectious Diseases, Office for Research, Hartford Hospital, Connecticut 06102, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3185-92. 2002..These data reveal that an approximate cethromycin AUC(free)/MIC of 50 or C(max free)/MIC of 1 results in bacteriostatic effects, while higher values (twofold) maximize survival...
- Detection of inducible clindamycin resistance of staphylococci in conjunction with performance of automated broth susceptibility testingJ H Jorgensen
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:1800-2. 2004This study has shown that inducible clindamycin resistance in staphylococci can be detected by disk testing on sheep blood agar inoculum purity plates used with the bioMerieux VITEK 2...
- Detection of multiple macrolide- and lincosamide-resistant strains of Streptococcus pyogenes from patients in the Boston areaMeredith E Hasenbein
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children's Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:1559-63. 2004Macrolide (including erythromycin and azithromycin) and lincosamide (including clindamycin) antibiotics are recommended for treatment of penicillin-allergic patients with Streptococcus pyogenes pharyngitis...
- International Congress on MicrosporidiosisLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, the goal of this congress is to foster the exchange of information between these diverse groups of scientists leading to advances in research on these emergent pathogens. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology, Virulence, and Genomic Characterization of UreaplasmasKen Waites; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Candida-endothelial interactions under conditions of flowMartin Thornhill; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Second International Workshop on Microsporidia from Vertebrate and Invertebrate HLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, the goal of this congress is to foster the exchange of information between these diverse groups of scientists leading to advances in research on these emergent pathogens. ..
- TOXOPLASMA ENCEPHALITIS IN AIDS: BRADYZOITE REGULATIONLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Maternal genitourinary infections and adverse perinatal outcomesAbdullah Hel Baqui; Fiscal Year: 2010..infections between 12-16 weeks;those with abnormal vaginal flora (Nugent score >4) will be treated with oral clindamycin for 5 days, rescreened after 3 weeks, and those with persistent abnormal flora will be retreated with a second ..
- CONJUGAL TRANSFER OF BACTEROIDES ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCESAbigail Salyers; Fiscal Year: 1999..Resistance to two of the drugs of choice for treating Bacteroides infections, clindamycin and beta-lactam antibiotics has begun to appear and is beginning to complicate treatment of Bacteroides ..
- Cesarean Section Optimal Antibiotic Prophylaxis (C/SOAP) TrialAlan Thevenet N Tita; Fiscal Year: 2010..prior to surgery;concurrently, both groups will also receive standard single-dose cefazolin prophylaxis (or clindamycin if allergic to cephalosporin)...
- Epidemic CA-MRSA: Molecular Epidemiology and ImmunologyROBERT S contact DAUM; Fiscal Year: 2010We are proposing studies utilizing the patients enrolled in the DMID-funded "Randomized, Double-Blind Trial of Clindamycin, Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole, or Placebo for Uncomplicated Skin and Soft Tissue Infections Caused by Community-..
- CONJUGAL TRANSFER OF BACTEROIDES ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCESAbigail Salyers; Fiscal Year: 1993..that codes for resistance to erythromycin (Emr) The same gene that codes for Emr also codes for resistance to clindamycin, one of the few antibiotics that is effective for treating Bacteroides infections...
- Oral Immunotherapy for C. difficile Disease via BacteriaThomas Parks; Fiscal Year: 2005..secreting scFv against toxins A and B will then be tested in a well-established animal model of CDAD, the clindamycin-treated hamster...
- Therapy and Prevention for Bacterial VaginosisJane Schwebke; Fiscal Year: 2006..The current therapy for BV consists of seven days of oral or topical metronidazole or clindamycin. However, there is a growing concern that eradication of organisms from the lower genital tract may be ..
- Primaquine-binding proteins identified in PneumocystisSHERRY QUEENER; Fiscal Year: 2006Primaquine, an 8-aminoquinoline, with clindamycin is the most effective clinical alternative to standard therapy for patients with pneumonia caused by Pneumocystis, but the mechanism of action of 8-aminoquinolines against the organism ..
- Tinidazole for the Treatment of Bacterial VaginosisJane Schwebke; Fiscal Year: 2007..Current treatments for BV with metronidazole or clindamycin are suboptimal with cure rates at approximately 70% and high recurrence rates...
- TNF Mediated Immune Defense Against Listeria InfectionEric Pamer; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Catheter Dwell Time and Risk of Bloodstream Infections in Hospitalized NeonatesAaron M Milstone; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will help to develop evidence-based strategies to prevent bloodstream infections among vulnerable infants hospitalized in the neonatal intensive care unit. ..
- Infection, Inflammation and PreeclampsiaCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, cytokine and CRP testing may prove to be effective tools for identifying women at risk for developing preeclampsia. ..
- Infection, Inflammation and PreeclampsiaCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, cytokine and CRP testing may prove to be effective tools for identifying women at risk for developing preeclampsia. ..
- Microsporidiosis:A Therapeutic TargetLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Toxoplasma encephalitis in AIDS: Bradyzoite RegulationLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- NEW OPPORTUNISTIC INFECTIONS IN AIDS--MICROSPORIDIOSISLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is anticipated that the results of these studies will further studies to identify drug targets for interfering with polar tube development and/or function in future studies. ..
- Three Periodontal Therapies in Current & Non-SmokersAnne Haffajee; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed investigation should provide a model to examine methods that could be useful in treating compromised patients whether compromised by harmful habits such as smoking, systemic disease, or genetic background. ..
- Novel Bacterial Pathogens in Pelvic Inflammatory DiseaseCatherine L Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge of the risk factors, clinical characteristics, treatment efficacy, and morbidity of L. sanguinegens/amnionii, A. vaginae, BVAB, and UU-2 PID will direct future clinical and public health recommendations. ..
- Regulation of Lipid Metabolism in Human Sebaceous GlandsDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2006..Data generated from the proposed experiments will advance our understanding of the mechanisms regulating sebum production and can lead to identification of potential additional therapeutic target sites in the treatment of acne. ..
- Novel Bacterial Pathogens in Pelvic Inflammatory DiseaseCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2009..Knowledge of the risk factors, clinical characteristics, treatment efficacy, and morbidity of L. sanguinegens/amnionii, A. vaginae, BVAB, and UU-2 PID will direct future clinical and public health recommendations. ..
- Mycoplasma Genitalium and Pelvic Inflammatory DiseaseCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2007..Exploring the role of M. genitalium in PID is imperative to optimize diagnosis and treatment and prevent reproductive morbidity among women with nongonococcal/nonchlamydial PID. ..
- Regulation of human sebaceous glands by 13-cis retinoic acidDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings of these studies not only have the potential to advance our understanding of retinoid action in acne, but can lead to advances in the understanding of these agents in cancer biology and in innate immunity as well. ..
- Mechanisms of Tandem Repeat Deletion in Group B StrepKAREN PUOPOLO; Fiscal Year: 2006..The training goal of this project is to prepare the applicant for a career in bacterial genetic research by providing didactic education and the opportunity to develop laboratory expertise in this rapidly evolving field. ..
- Patient-Centered Informatics System to Enhance Health Care in Rural CommunitiesMatthew Samore; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our implementation of an education campaign within a rural public health framework will help extend the benefits to underserved populations and to guide nationwide dissemination efforts. ..
- Intermountain Center of Excellence for Infection Prevention StrategiesMatthew Samore; Fiscal Year: 2007..RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page .................................................................................................................................................. 1 Description, ..
- Rural Trial of Clinic Order Entry with Decision SupportMatthew Samore; Fiscal Year: 2006..The cost impact of the intervention will be measured to allow a comprehensive assessment of the value of this HIT. ..