Genomes and Genes
Summary: An antibacterial agent that is a semisynthetic analog of LINCOMYCIN.
Publications268 found, 100 shown here
- Profound alterations of intestinal microbiota following a single dose of clindamycin results in sustained susceptibility to Clostridium difficile-induced colitisCharlie G Buffie
Infectious Diseases Service, Department of Medicine, Lucille Castori Center for Microbes, Inflammation and Cancer, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Infect Immun 80:62-73. 2012..b>Clindamycin predisposes patients to C. difficile colitis...
- Epidemics of diarrhea caused by a clindamycin-resistant strain of Clostridium difficile in four hospitalsS Johnson
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Chicago Health Care System, Lakeside Division, and Northwestern University Medical School, IL 60611, USA
N Engl J Med 341:1645-51. 1999..Since frequent use of clindamycin was associated with the outbreak in one of the hospitals, we examined the resistance genes of the epidemic-..
- Calcium and neostigmine antagonize gentamicin, but augment clindamycin-induced tetanic fade in rat phrenic nerve-hemidiaphragm preparationsSoo Il Lee
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Dong A University Medical Center and Medicine College, 1, 3 Ka, Dongdaeshin Dong, Seo Gu, Busan, 602 715, Korea
J Anesth 22:385-90. 2008..and calcium may enhance the use-dependent ion channel block of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor caused by clindamycin. The purpose of this study was to determine whether calcium and neostigmine antagonize the neuromuscular ..
- Clindamycin-induced enrichment and long-term persistence of resistant Bacteroides spp. and resistance genesSonja Lofmark
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska Institute, SE 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:1160-7. 2006The aim was to study the long-term consequences of 1 week clindamycin administration regarding selection and persistence of resistance, resistance determinants and diversity of the Bacteroides spp. in the intestinal microflora.
- Randomized trial of intravitreal clindamycin and dexamethasone versus pyrimethamine, sulfadiazine, and prednisolone in treatment of ocular toxoplasmosisMasoud Soheilian
Department of Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Research Center, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Shahid Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
Ophthalmology 118:134-41. 2011To compare the efficacy of intravitreal injection of clindamycin and dexamethasone with classic treatment for ocular toxoplasmosis.
- Extended antimicrobial treatment of bacterial vaginosis combined with human lactobacilli to find the best treatment and minimize the risk of relapsesPer Goran Larsson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Kärnsjukhuset, Skaraborg hospital and University of Skövde, Sweden
BMC Infect Dis 11:223. 2011....
- Randomized controlled trial of fosmidomycin-clindamycin versus sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine in the treatment of Plasmodium falciparum malariaSunny Oyakhirome
Institute for Tropical Medicine, Department for Parasitology, University of Tubingen, Wilhelmstrasse 27, Tubingen, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:1869-71. 2007Fosmidomycin-clindamycin therapy given every 12 h for 3 days was compared with a standard single oral dose of sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine...
- Antimicrobial resistance associated with the treatment of bacterial vaginosisRichard H Beigi
MetroHealth Medical Center and Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Case Western Reserve University, 2500 MetroHealth Drive, Cleveland, OH 44109 1998, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1124-9. 2004..This study was undertaken to evaluate antimicrobial susceptibility of vaginal anaerobic bacteria before and after treatment of bacterial vaginosis...
- A new mechanism for chloramphenicol, florfenicol and clindamycin resistance: methylation of 23S ribosomal RNA at A2503Corinna Kehrenberg
Institut für Tierzucht, Bundesforschungsanstalt für Landwirtschaft, Höltystrasse 10, 31535 Neustadt Mariensee, Germany
Mol Microbiol 57:1064-73. 2005The gene product of cfr from Staphylococcus sciuri confers resistance to chloramphenicol, florfenicol and clindamycin in Staphylococcus spp. and Escherichia coli...
- Artesunate-clindamycin versus quinine-clindamycin in the treatment of Plasmodium falciparum malaria: a randomized controlled trialMichael Ramharter
Albert Schweitzer Hospital, Lambarene, Gabon, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 40:1777-84. 2005..We tested the potential value of artemisinin-based combination therapy with a short elimination half-life for the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in sub-Saharan Africa...
- Combination therapy with clindamycin and rifampicin for hidradenitis suppurativa: a series of 116 consecutive patientsG Gener
Service de Dermatologie, Groupe Henri Mondor Albert Chenevier, AP HP, Creteil, France
Dermatology 219:148-54. 2009..Antibiotics are frequently used to treat hidradenitis suppurativa (HS); however, few data on their efficacy are available...
- Comparative efficacies of amoxicillin, clindamycin, and moxifloxacin in prevention of bacteremia following dental extractionsP Diz Dios
Department of Special Needs, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Santiago de Compostela University, Santiago de Compostela 15872, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:2996-3002. 2006We evaluated the efficacies of oral prophylactic treatment with amoxicillin (AMX), clindamycin (CLI), and moxifloxacin (MXF) in the prevention of bacteremia following dental extractions (BDE)...
- Effect of early oral clindamycin on late miscarriage and preterm delivery in asymptomatic women with abnormal vaginal flora and bacterial vaginosis: a randomised controlled trialAustin Ugwumadu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St George s Hospital, Blackshaw Road, SW17 0QT, London, UK
Lancet 361:983-8. 2003..We aimed to establish whether antibiotic treatment early in the second trimester might reduce these risks in a general obstetric population...
- Delayed parasite elimination in human infections treated with clindamycin parallels 'delayed death' of Plasmodium falciparum in vitroDominik Burkhardt
Department of Parasitology, Institute of Tropical Medicine, University of Tubingen, Germany
Int J Parasitol 37:777-85. 2007b>Clindamycin is safe and effective for the treatment of Plasmodium falciparum malaria, but its use as monotherapy is limited by unacceptably slow initial clinical response rates...
- Detection of Treponema pallidum subsp. pallidum from skin lesions, serum, and cerebrospinal fluid in an infant with congenital syphilis after clindamycin treatment of the mother during pregnancyVladana Woznicová
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Pekarska 53, 656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
J Clin Microbiol 45:659-61. 2007We report here a case of congenital syphilis in a newborn after clindamycin treatment in pregnancy...
- No decrease in clindamycin susceptibility despite increased use of clindamycin for pediatric community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus skin infectionsJillian M Szczesiul
Department of Pharmacy, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:852-4. 2007..our institution revealed 98% of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) isolates were susceptible to clindamycin; however, beta-lactams were then the predominant empiric treatment...
- An Enterococcus faecalis ABC homologue (Lsa) is required for the resistance of this species to clindamycin and quinupristin-dalfopristinKavindra V Singh
Center for the Study of Emerging and Reemerging Pathogens, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 77030, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1845-50. 2002Enterococcus faecalis isolates are resistant to clindamycin (CLI) and quinupristin-dalfopristin (Q-D), and this is thought to be a species characteristic...
- Macrolides and clindamycin suppress the release of Shiga-like toxins from Escherichia coli O157:H7 in vitroJ Murakami
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, Oita Medical University, 1 1, Hasama, 879 5593, Oita, Japan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 15:103-9. 2000..agents fosfomycin (FOS), cefdinir (CDIN), levofloxacin (LEVX), rokitamycin (ROK), roxithromycin (ROX), and clindamycin (CLI) on the release of Shiga-like toxins (SLTs) by enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC)...
- Efficacy of oral metronidazole with vaginal clindamycin or vaginal probiotic for bacterial vaginosis: randomised placebo-controlled double-blind trialCatriona S Bradshaw
Melbourne School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e34540. 2012To determine if oral metronidazole (MTZ-400 mg bid) with 2% vaginal clindamycin-cream (Clind) or a Lactobacillus acidophilus vaginal-probiotic containing oestriol (Prob) reduces 6-month bacterial vaginosis (BV) recurrence.
- Activities of clindamycin, daptomycin, doxycycline, linezolid, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, and vancomycin against community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with inducible clindamycin resistance in murine thigh infection and in viKerry L LaPlante
Anti Infective Research Laboratory, Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:2156-62. 2008..Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) and about the ability of these strains to develop inducible resistance to clindamycin during therapy...
- Inducible clindamycin resistance among clinical isolates of StaphylococciA M Ciraj
Department of Microbiology, Melaka Manipal Medical College, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka 576 104, India
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 52:49-51. 2009Clinical failure of clindamycin therapy has been reported due to multiple mechanisms that confer resistance to macrolide, lincosamide and streptogramin antibiotics...
- Intravaginal clindamycin to reduce preterm birth in women with abnormal genital tract floraRonald F Lamont
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Northwick Park and St Mark s Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex, London HA1 3UJ, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 101:516-22. 2003To assess the ability of clindamycin vaginal cream to reduce the incidence of preterm birth in women with abnormal genital tract flora in the second trimester of pregnancy.
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of a combination topical gel formulation of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin with benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin and vehicle gel in the treatments of acne vulgarisJ J Leyden
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 2:33-9. 2001BACKGROUND: Topical clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide have each demonstrated clinical efficacy in the treatment of acne vulgaris...
- Human lactobacilli as supplementation of clindamycin to patients with bacterial vaginosis reduce the recurrence rate; a 6-month, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyPer Goran Larsson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karnsjukhuset, SE 541 85 Skövde, Sweden
BMC Womens Health 8:3. 2008..was to investigate if supplementary lactobacilli treatment could improve the initial cure rate after vaginal clindamycin therapy, and secondly, if lactobacilli as repeated adjunct treatment during 3 menstrual cycles could lengthen ..
- Inducible clindamycin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus isolated from clinical samplesV Deotale
Department of Microbiology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram Dist Wardha, M S 442 102, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 28:124-6. 2010b>Clindamycin is commonly used in the treatment of erythromycin resistant Staphylococcus aureus causing skin and soft tissue infections...
- Clindamycin as an antimalarial drug: review of clinical trialsBertrand Lell
Medical Research Unit, Albert Schweitzer Hospital, Lambarene, Gabon
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2315-20. 2002
- Meta-analysis comparing efficacy of benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide with salicylic acid, and combination benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin in acneElizabeth M Seidler
Clinical Unit for Research Trials in Skin, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 63:52-62. 2010Comparative efficacy of the multiple treatments containing benzoyl peroxide (BPO) and clindamycin (CL) is not established.
- Diversity of ribosomal mutations conferring resistance to macrolides, clindamycin, streptogramin, and telithromycin in Streptococcus pneumoniaeAnnie Canu
UFR des Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Caen, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:125-31. 2002..In six remaining mutants, no mutations in L22, L4, or 23S rRNA could be detected...
- In vitro and in vivo synergy of fosmidomycin, a novel antimalarial drug, with clindamycinJochen Wiesner
Institute of Biochemistry, Academic Hospital Centre, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2889-94. 2002..Synergy was observed between fosmidomycin and the lincosamides, lincomycin and clindamycin. The efficacy of a combination of fosmidomycin and clindamycin was subsequently demonstrated in the Plasmodium ..
- Indications for therapy and treatment recommendations for bacterial vaginosis in nonpregnant and pregnant women: a synthesis of dataEmilia H Koumans
Division of STD Prevention, Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 35:S152-72. 2002..The use of intravaginal clindamycin therapy, especially during the latter half of the second trimester and thereafter, appears to increase ..
- Clindamycin phosphate scavenges hydroxyl radicalEmiko Sato
New Industry Creation Hatchery Center, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Int J Dermatol 46:1185-7. 2007b>Clindamycin phosphate (CLDMP) is effective against Gram-positive and anaerobic bacteria, and is known to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Microbiologic response to treatment of bacterial vaginosis with topical clindamycin or metronidazoleM N Austin
Magee Womens Research Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 3180, USA
J Clin Microbiol 43:4492-7. 2005..women aged 18 to 45 with clinical and Gram stain evidence of BV were randomized to receive intravaginal clindamycin or metronidazole...
- In-vitro activities of tetracyclines, macrolides, fluoroquinolones and clindamycin against Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma ssp. isolated in Germany over 20 yearsR Krausse
Institute for Infection Medicine, University Medical Center Schleswig Holstein, Christian Albrecht University of Kiel, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:1649-55. 2010..Erythromycin had the lowest activity (MIC₉₀ of 8 mg/L) against ureaplasmas like clindamycin which was the most potent agent against M. hominis...
- In vitro activity and interaction of clindamycin combined with dihydroartemisinin against Plasmodium falciparumM Ramharter
Department of Parasitology, Institute for Tropical Medicine, University of Tuebingen, Germany ramhartergmx at
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3494-9. 2003..This study was conducted to evaluate the antimalarial potential of clindamycin in combination with dihydroartemisinin in continuously cultured and in freshly isolated Plasmodium falciparum ..
- Lincomycin, clindamycin and their applicationsJ Spizek
Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 142 20 Prague, Czech Republic
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 64:455-64. 2004Lincomycin and clindamycin are lincosamide antibiotics used in clinical practice. Both antibiotics are bacteriostatic and inhibit protein synthesis in sensitive bacteria...
- Detection and prevalence of inducible clindamycin resistance in staphylococciGurdal Yilmaz
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Karadeniz Technical University School of Medicine, 61080 Trabzon, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 56:342-5. 2007..The resistance to antimicrobial agents among staphylococci is an increasing problem. Clindamycin (CL) is considered to be one of the alternative agents in these infections...
- Incidence of constitutive and inducible clindamycin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci in a community and a tertiary care hospitalPaul C Schreckenberger
University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago, Rm 238 CSB, M C 750, 840 S Wood St, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:2777-9. 2004The incidences of inducible clindamycin resistance at two hospitals (an inner-city hospital and a suburban community hospital) were 7 and 12% for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, 20 and 19% for methicillin-susceptible S...
- Clindamycin-induced acute cholestatic hepatitisCem Aygun
Department of Gastroenterology, Kocaeli University Medical Faculty, Kocaeli 41380, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 13:5408-10. 2007We report a case of acute hepatotoxicity in a 42-year-old woman after administration of clindamycin for a dental infection. After 6 d of treatment, she had fatigue, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, pruritus and jaundice...
- Group B streptococci exposed to rifampin or clindamycin (versus ampicillin or cefotaxime) stimulate reduced production of inflammatory mediators by murine macrophagesKevin C Brinkmann
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Children s Foundation Research Center at Le Bonheur Children s Medical Center, Memphis, 38103, USA
Pediatr Res 57:419-23. 2005..7 murine macrophages with a type-Ia GBS isolate in the presence of ampicillin, cefotaxime, rifampin, clindamycin, or gentamicin, singly or in combination...
- The inhibitory effect of clindamycin on Lactobacillus in vitroA Aroutcheva
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rush-Presbyterian-St Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 9:239-44. 2001OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the in vitro effect of varying concentrations of clindamycin on Lactobocillus spp. METHODS: Concentrations of clindamycin ranging from 1...
- Successful pregnancy in a patient suffering from recurrent mid-trimester miscarriage with C9 deficiency after receiving cervical cerclage followed by clindamycin and progesterone: a case reportNoriyoshi Watanabe
Department of Maternal Fetal and Neonatal Medicine, National Center for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 38:562-6. 2012..Her fifth pregnancy was successfully managed by cervical cerclage at 13 weeks' gestation, followed by clindamycin administration (600 mg/day for 7 days) and progesterone injections (250 mg/week)...
- Antivirulence potential of TR-700 and clindamycin on clinical isolates of Staphylococcus aureus producing phenol-soluble modulinsJason Yamaki
University of Southern California, School of Pharmacy, 1985 Zonal Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9121, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:4432-5. 2011..TR-700 (oxazolidinone) and clindamycin strongly inhibited PSM production at one-half the MIC but exhibited weak to modest induction at one-fourth and ..
- Clindamycin vs. first-generation cephalosporins for acute osteoarticular infections of childhood--a prospective quasi-randomized controlled trialH Peltola
Children s Hospital, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Clin Microbiol Infect 18:582-9. 2012..We conducted a prospective, multicentre, quasi-randomized trial in Finland, comparing clindamycin with first-generation cephalosporins...
- Empiric outpatient therapy with trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, cephalexin, or clindamycin for cellulitisThana Khawcharoenporn
Department of Medicine, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Am J Med 123:942-50. 2010..Limited data exist on optimal empiric oral antibiotic treatment for outpatients with cellulitis in areas with a high prevalence of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections...
- Intravitreal clindamycin and dexamethasone for zone 1 toxoplasmic retinochoroiditis at twenty-four monthsAndres F Lasave
Retina and Vitreous Service, Clinica Oftalmologica Centro Caracas, Caracas, Venezuela
Ophthalmology 117:1831-8. 2010To report the anatomic and functional outcomes of intravitreal clindamycin and dexamethasone for the treatment of zone 1 toxoplasmic retinochoroiditis (TRC)...
- Molecular mechanisms by which rRNA mutations confer resistance to clindamycinJacob Poehlsgaard
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1553-5. 2005The mechanisms by which rRNA mutations confer clindamycin resistance were examined in Mycobacterium smegmatis strains containing homogeneous populations of ribosomes with base substitutions at nucleotides A2058 and A2059...
- Clinical resistance to erythromycin and clindamycin in cutaneous propionibacteria isolated from acne patients is associated with mutations in 23S rRNAJ I Ross
The Skin Research Centre, Department of Microbiology, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 41:1162-5. 1997..These mutations correspond to three of four phenotypic classes previously identified by using MIC determinations...
- Recovery of clindamycin from fermentation wastewater with nanofiltration membranesAnna Zhu
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Water Res 37:3718-32. 2003Experiments were carried out on clindamycin's separation and recovery from clindamycin fermentation wastewater with nanofiltration (NF) membranes...
- Osteomyelitis of the jaw: resistance to clindamycin in patients with prior antibiotics exposureC Pigrau
Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Universitat Autonoma, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 28:317-23. 2009..5% to clindamycin. Overall, 35/38 (92.1%) had at least one clindamycin-resistant isolate...
- Susceptibility of Zimbabwean Streptococcus agalactiae (group B Streptococcus; GBS) isolates to four different antibioticsS R Moyo
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe
Cent Afr J Med 47:226-9. 2001..To establish the susceptibility of Zimbabwean GBS strains isolated from hospitalised patients to four antibiotics...
- Clindamycin and metronidazole as independent risk factors for nosocomial acquisition of multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosaR Cipriano Souza
J Hosp Infect 69:402-3. 2008
- A randomised controlled trial of vaginal clindamycin for early pregnancy bacterial vaginosisM Kurkinen-Räty
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Oulu University, Finland
BJOG 107:1427-32. 2000To determine whether treatment of bacterial vaginosis (BV) with vaginal clindamycin affects pregnancy outcome.
- Trans-cinnamaldehyde from Cinnamomum zeylanicum bark essential oil reduces the clindamycin resistance of Clostridium difficile in vitroA R Shahverdi
Dept of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tehran Univ of Medical Sciences, 14174 Tehran, Iran
J Food Sci 72:S055-8. 2007Therapy with antimicrobial drugs, such as clindamycin, that perturb the intestinal flora but fail to inhibit growth of other microorganisms can permit the proliferation of Clostridium difficile and the elaboration of exotoxin...
- Nodular cutaneous microsporidiosis in a patient with AIDS and successful treatment with long-term oral clindamycin therapyK E Kester
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307 5100, USA
Ann Intern Med 128:911-4. 1998..In AIDS, nodular skin disease can result from various causes...
- Assessment of the pharmacokinetics and dynamics of two combination regimens of fosmidomycin-clindamycin in patients with acute uncomplicated falciparum malariaRonnatrai Ruangweerayut
Mae Sot Hospital, Tak Province, Thailand
Malar J 7:225. 2008This study investigated the pharmacokinetics of fosmidomycin when given in combination with clindamycin at two dosage regimens in patients with acute uncomplicated falciparum malaria.
- Clindamycin-resistance in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolated from animalsM Rich
Microbiology Department, IDEXX Laboratories, Sandbeck Way, Wetherby, West Yorkshire LS22 7DN, UK
Vet Microbiol 111:237-40. 2005b>Clindamycin is widely used in veterinary medicine to treat a variety of bacterial infections. Resistance to clindamycin amongst staphylococci may be due to modification of the ribosomal target site...
- Use of clindamycin disks To detect macrolide resistance mediated by ermB and mefE in Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates from adults and childrenK Waites
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Clin Microbiol 38:1731-4. 2000..pneumoniae isolates obtained from adults and children to evaluate whether 2-microgram clindamycin disks can distinguish between isolates manifesting ermB- versus mefE-mediated resistance to clarithromycin and ..
- Invasive neonatal GBS infections from an area-based surveillance study in ItalyM Imperi
Dipartimento di Malattie Infettive, Parassitarie ed Immunomediate, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:1834-9. 2011..Resistance to erythromycin (12%) was associated with a constitutive resistance to clindamycin in five cases (four carrying the erm(B) gene and one both the erm(B) and mef(E) genes) and with an inducible ..
- In vitro post-antibiotic effect of fluoroquinolones, macrolides, beta-lactams, tetracyclines, vancomycin, clindamycin, linezolid, chloramphenicol, quinupristin/dalfopristin and rifampicin on Bacillus anthracisA Athamna
The Triangle Research and Development Center, Kfar Qaraa, Israel
J Antimicrob Chemother 53:609-15. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate in vitro the post-antibiotic effect (PAE) of 19 antibacterial agents against two strains of Bacillus anthracis (ST-1 and Sterne strains)...
- High rates of erythromycin and clindamycin resistance among OBGYN isolates of group B StreptococcusLinda P DiPersio
Falor Division of Surgical Research, Summa Health System, Akron, OH 44304, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 54:79-82. 2006..period from vaginal/rectal specimens demonstrated a very high resistance rate for both erythromycin (54%) and clindamycin (33%). Methylase genes erm(B) and erm(TR) and efflux genes mef(E) and mef(A) were detected...
- Clindamycin modulates inflammatory-cytokine induction in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated mouse peritoneal macrophagesTetsuji Nakano
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Oita Medical University, Hasama, Oita 879 5593, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:363-7. 2003We investigated the mechanism by which clindamycin (CLI) modulates cytokine induction after lipopolysaccharide (LPS) stimulation...
- Clindamycin in the treatment of obstetric and gynecologic infections: a reviewD Zambrano
Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Clin Ther 13:58-80. 1991The spectrum of clindamycin's activity includes anaerobes and gram-positive aerobes other than enterococci. No inactivation or incompatibility of clindamycin phosphate has been shown in intravenous solutions usually used clinically...
- High prevalence of erythromycin-resistant, clindamycin/miocamycin-susceptible (M phenotype) Streptococcus pyogenes: results of a Spanish multicentre study in 1998. Spanish Group for the Study of Infection in the Primary Health Care SettingJ I Alos
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital de Mostoles, 28935 Móstoles, Madrid Area de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular, Universidad de La Rioja, Logrono, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 45:605-9. 2000..dilution method we studied the prevalence of susceptibility to 14-, 15- and 16-membered ring macrolides and clindamycin in Streptococcus pyogenes isolated in 1998 from 21 laboratories in Spain...
- Vaginal clindamycin and oral metronidazole for bacterial vaginosis: a randomized trialJ Paavonen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Obstet Gynecol 96:256-60. 2000To compare the efficacy and safety of clindamycin vaginal ovules with oral metronidazole for treatment of bacterial vaginosis.
- Fusidic acid and clindamycin resistance in community-associated, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in children of Central GreeceGeorge D Katopodis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Thessaly, Medical School, Biopolis, 411 10 Larissa, Greece
BMC Infect Dis 10:351. 2010In Greece, fusidic acid and clindamycin are commonly used for the empiric therapy of suspected staphylococcal infections.
- Inducible clindamycin resistance and molecular epidemiologic trends of pediatric community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Dallas, TexasSusana Chavez-Bueno
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center of Dallas, and Children s Medical Center of Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 9063, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:2283-8. 2005Community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (CA-MRSA) infection occurs commonly in children. Clindamycin resistance may be inducible or constitutive, and the rates of inducible resistance in CA-MRSA that could produce ..
- Efficacy of fixed low-dose isotretinoin (20 mg, alternate days) with topical clindamycin gel in moderately severe acne vulgarisK Sardana
Department of Dermatology and STD, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital Delhi
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 23:556-60. 2009..5-1.0 mg/kg per day) therapy for acne, we studied the safety and efficacy of low-fixed dose isotretinoin plus topical 1%clindamycin gel in the treatment of moderate grade of acne.
- Intravitreal clindamycin and dexamethasone for toxoplasmic retinochoroiditisK Kishore
Louisiana Eye Center, Louisiana State University Medical Center School of Medicine, New Orleans, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers 32:183-92. 2001..5). Four eyes of 4 patients were treated with intravitreal injections of 1.0 mg clindamycin in 0.1 mL and 1.0 mg of dexamethasone in 0.1 mL...
- Pretreatment of mice with clindamycin improves survival of endotoxic shock by modulating the release of inflammatory cytokinesN Hirata
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Oita Medical University, Hasama, Oita 879-5593, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:2638-42. 2001..We investigated the effect of clindamycin (CLI) on endotoxic shock induced in mice by Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide (LPS)...
- Treatment of contaminated bone defects with clindamycin-reconstituted bone xenograft-compositesLong Bi
Institute of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, People s Republic of China
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 82:418-27. 2007..To find a better method to resolve this dilemma, we prepared a novel clindamycin-reconstituted bone xenograft-composite (C-RBX-C) that comprised of crude bBMP (bovine bone morphogenetic ..
- Clindamycin and taste disordersMark C H De Groot
Netherlands Pharmacovigilance Centre Lareb, s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Br J Clin Pharmacol 64:542-5. 2007Topical use of clindamycin has been associated with taste disorders in the literature, but little is known about the nature of this adverse drug reaction...
- Hypersensitivity reaction to intravitreal clindamycin therapyPeter Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Prince of Wales Hospital, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 30:147-8. 2002A Caucasian woman presenting with recurrence of intra-ocular toxoplasmosis was given intravitreal clindamycin. She subsequently developed a hypersensitivity reaction in the form of a generalized erythematous rash...
- Design and in vitro evaluation of a novel bioadhesive vaginal drug delivery system for clindamycin phosphateNitin Dobaria
Pharmacy Department, Centre of Relevance and Excellence in Novel Drug Delivery Systems, G H Patel building, The M S University of Baroda, Vadodara, India
Pharm Dev Technol 15:405-14. 2010To develop more effective treatment for bacterial vaginosis, bioadhesive film formulations of clindamycin phosphate (CL) for vaginal delivery were studied. The bioadhesive films were prepared by solvent evaporation method...
- Isotretinoin plus clindamycin seem highly effective against severe erlotinib-induced skin rash in advanced non-small cell lung cancerPaolo Bidoli
Medical Oncology Unit, S Gerardo Hospital, Monza, Italy
J Thorac Oncol 5:1662-3. 2010..No effective treatment for the rash is available...
- A combination benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin topical gel compared with benzoyl peroxide, clindamycin phosphate, and vehicle in the treatment of acne vulgarisE H Tschen
Academic Dermatology Associates, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Cutis 67:165-9. 2001A topical gel combining 5% benzoyl peroxide and 1% clindamycin as phosphate was evaluated in a 10-week randomized double-blind trial involving 287 patients with moderate to moderately severe acne...
- Antibiotic management of Staphylococcus aureus infections in US children's hospitals, 1999-2008Joshua C Herigon
Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Section of Infectious Diseases, 2401 Gillham Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Pediatrics 125:e1294-300. 2010..The objective of this study was to describe trends in antibiotic management for Staphylococcus aureus infections among hospitalized children from 1999 to 2008...
- Efficacy and tolerability of a fixed combination of clindamycin phosphate (1.2%) and low concentration benzoyl peroxide (2.5%) aqueous gel in moderate or severe acne subpopulationsGuy Webster
Jefferson Dermatology Service, Wilmington Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Wilmington, PA, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 8:736-43. 2009..Oral antibiotics are commonly prescribed for moderate or severe acne, but there may be limitations due to concerns about side effects associated with systemic treatments...
- Inducible clindamycin resistance in staphylococci isolated from clinical samplesNuran Delialioglu
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Mersin University Faculty of Medicine, Mersin, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 58:104-6. 2005..The double-disc test was applied by placing erythromycin and clindamycin discs on these isolates to investigate the inducible and constitutive MLS(B) resistance phenotypes and MS ..
- A novel gel formulation of 0.25% tretinoin and 1.2% clindamycin phosphate: efficacy in acne vulgaris patients aged 12 to 18 yearsLawrence F Eichenfield
Rady Children s Hospital and University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California 92123, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 26:257-61. 2009..Recently, the US FDA approved the combination of 1.2% clindamycin (CLIN) and 0...
- Clindamycin-induced CovS-mediated regulation of the production of virulent exoproteins streptolysin O, NAD glycohydrolase, and streptokinase in Streptococcus pyogenesMasaaki Minami
Department of Bacteriology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:98-102. 2010The administration of high-dose clindamycin (CLI) along with penicillin is recommended for the treatment of streptococcal toxic shock syndrome...
- Inducible clindamycin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus: a study from North IndiaV Gupta
Department of Microbiology, Government Medical College Hospital, Chandigarh, India
J Postgrad Med 55:176-9. 2009..The resistance to macrolide can be mediated by msr A gene coding for efflux mechanism or via erm gene encoding for enzymes that confer inducible or constitutive resistance to macrolide, lincosamide and Type B streptogramin...
- Clinical safety and efficacy studies of a novel formulation combining 1.2% clindamycin phosphate and 0.025% tretinoin for the treatment of acne vulgarisJoel Schlessinger
Advanced Skin Research Center, Omaha, NE, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 6:607-15. 2007b>Clindamycin phosphate 1.2% and tretinoin 0.025% gel (CLIN/RA gel [ZIANA Gel]) is a novel topical combination agent approved by the FDA for the treatment of acne vulgaris in patients 12 years of age or older...
- Growth phase-dependent effect of clindamycin on production of exoproteins by Streptococcus pyogenesJun Sawai
Department of Molecular Bacteriology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:461-7. 2007The administration of high-dose clindamycin plus benzylpenicillin has been recommended for the treatment of streptococcal toxic shock-like syndrome caused by Streptococcus pyogenes, and clindamycin has been found to be more effective ..
- Prevalence of inducible clindamycin resistance in staphylococcal isolates at a Korean tertiary care hospitalHwan Sub Lim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Kwandong University College of Medicine, Kyunggi, Korea
Yonsei Med J 47:480-4. 2006b>Clindamycin resistance in Staphylococcus species can be either constitutive or inducible. Inducible resistance cannot be detected by the conventional antimicrobial susceptibility test...
- Effect of sub-MIC concentrations of metronidazole, vancomycin, clindamycin and linezolid on toxin gene transcription and production in Clostridium difficileMichael Gerber
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 24, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
J Med Microbiol 57:776-83. 2008..difficile-associated diarrhoea (CDAD). The impact of metronidazole (MTR), vancomycin (VAN), clindamycin (CLI) and linezolid (LZD) on growth, toxin gene transcription and toxin production in C...
- Prevalence of inducible clindamycin resistance in gram positive organisms in a tertiary care centreM R Angel
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore 632 004, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 26:262-4. 2008..For these infections, clindamycin is a useful alternate drug in penicillin-allergic patients...
- Solid state NMR and bioequivalence comparison of the pharmacokinetic parameters of two formulations of clindamycinZ A Al-Talla
Analytical Core Lab, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, KAUST, Thuwal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 49:469-76. 2011..was to compare the pharmacokinetic parameters and determine the bioequivalence of a generic formulation of clindamycin that is sold in the local markets in the Middle East (Clindox® 150 mg capsule; test) with a reference ..
- Clindamycin phosphate/tretinoin gel formulation in the treatment of acne vulgarisM Badawy Abdel-Naser
Dessau Medical Center, Departments of Dermatology, Venereology, Allergology and Immunology, Auenweg 38, 06847 Dessau, Germany
Expert Opin Pharmacother 9:2931-7. 2008b>Clindamycin phosphate 1.2% together with tretinoin 0.025% as a gel (CTG) is a topical formulation of a fixed and stable combination approved by the FDA for the treatment of acne vulgaris in patients 12 years of age or older...
- Two randomized, double-blind, controlled trials of 2219 subjects to compare the combination clindamycin/tretinoin hydrogel with each agent alone and vehicle for the treatment of acne vulgarisJames J Leyden
Department of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:73-81. 2006The development of a hydrogel to stabilize and solubilize clindamycin and tretinoin provides a single, once-daily treatment for acne vulgaris.
- Safety of a novel gel formulation of clindamycin phosphate 1.2%-tretinoin 0.025%: results from a 52-week open-label studyLeon H Kircik
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Cutis 82:358-66. 2008..The combination treatment is a gel formulation containing a crystalline suspension of clindamycin phosphate 1.2%-tretinoin 0.025% (CLIN/RA)...
- A novel gel formulation of clindamycin phosphate-tretinoin is not associated with acne flaringJames J Leyden
KGL, Inc, Broomall, Pennsylvania 19008, USA
Cutis 82:151-6. 2008..In 3 multicenter, double-blind, randomized, phase 3 trials of a clindamycin phosphate 1.2%-tretinoin 0...
- The efficacy and safety of a combination benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin topical gel compared with benzoyl peroxide alone and a benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin combination productJ J Leyden
University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, USA
J Cutan Med Surg 5:37-42. 2001BACKGROUND: Topical clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide have each demonstrated clinical efficacy in the treatment of acne vulgaris...
- Efficacy of clindamycin vaginal ovule (3-day treatment) vs. clindamycin vaginal cream (7-day treatment) in bacterial vaginosisJ Sobel
Division of Infectious Diseases, Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University School of Medicine, MI 48201, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 9:9-15. 2001OBJECTIVE: To compare the efficacy and safety of a 3-day regimen of clindamycin vaginal ovules with a 7-day regimen of clindamycin vaginal cream for the treatment of bacterial vaginosis (BV)...
- Genome scanning of Amazonian Plasmodium falciparum shows subtelomeric instability and clindamycin-resistant parasitesNeekesh V Dharia
Department of Cell Biology, ICND 202, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genome Res 20:1534-44. 2010..isolates we discovered point mutations in the apicoplast genome that are close to known mutations that confer clindamycin resistance in other species, but which were hitherto unknown in malaria parasites...
- Efficacy and tolerability of combined topical treatment of acne vulgaris with adapalene and clindamycin: a multicenter, randomized, investigator-blinded studyJohn E Wolf
Baylor College of Medicine, Dermatology Department, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 49:S211-7. 2003..1% plus clindamycin phosphate lotion 1%, compared with clindamycin plus vehicle for the treatment of mild to moderate acne vulgaris...
- Transdermal absorption of clindamycin and tretinoin from topically applied anti-acne formulations in manE J van Hoogdalem
Clinical Pharmacology Research Department, Yamanouchi Europe B V, Leiderdorp, The Netherlands
Biopharm Drug Dispos 19:563-9. 1998The percutaneous absorption of clindamycin was studied in healthy male volunteers, comparing two investigative clindamycin (% w/v)/tretinoin (0...
- A randomized, double-blind comparison of a clindamycin phosphate/benzoyl peroxide gel formulation and a matching clindamycin gel with respect to microbiologic activity and clinical efficacy in the topical treatment of acne vulgarisWilliam J Cunliffe
Department of Dermatology, The General Infirmary, Leeds, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 24:1117-33. 2002..One approach to suppressing the overgrowth of antibiotic-resistant bacteria is to develop combination products composed of active constituents with complementary but distinct mechanisms of antibacterial action...
- Topical clindamycin in the management of acne vulgarisDavid R P Guay
University of Minnesota, College of Pharmacy, Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, Weaver Densford Hall 7 148, 308 Harvard Street SE, Minneapolis, MN, 55455, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 8:2625-64. 2007..These include oral tetracycline, doxycycline, minocycline and topical clindamycin and erythromycin...
- An alternative high-performance liquid chromatographic method for determination of clindamycin in plasmaK Na-Bangchang
Pharmacology and Toxicology Unit, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Thammasat University, Pathumthani, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 37:177-84. 2006..and reproducible method based on a reversed-phase chromatography was developed for the determination of clindamycin in human plasma...
- Late miscarriage and preterm birth after treatment with clindamycin: a randomised consent design study according to ZelenP G Larsson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karnsjukhuset, Skovde, Sweden
BJOG 113:629-37. 2006To screen for bacterial vaginosis (BV) and to investigate the effect of treatment with vaginal clindamycin in order to observe the effect on late miscarriage and delivery prior to 37 completed weeks (primary outcome).
- High incidence of erythromycin resistance among clinical isolates of Streptococcus agalactiae in TaiwanP R Hsueh
Department of Laboratory Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:3205-8. 2001..Of the erythromycin-resistant isolates, 86.3% had the macrolide-lincosamide-streptogramin (MLS) resistance phenotype (constitutive MLS, 85.5%; inducible MLS, 0.8%) and 13.7% had the M phenotype...
- Candida-endothelial interactions under conditions of flowMartin Thornhill; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- International Congress on MicrosporidiosisLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, the goal of this congress is to foster the exchange of information between these diverse groups of scientists leading to advances in research on these emergent pathogens. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology, Virulence, and Genomic Characterization of UreaplasmasKen Waites; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Second International Workshop on Microsporidia from Vertebrate and Invertebrate HLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, the goal of this congress is to foster the exchange of information between these diverse groups of scientists leading to advances in research on these emergent pathogens. ..
- TOXOPLASMA ENCEPHALITIS IN AIDS: BRADYZOITE REGULATIONLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Maternal genitourinary infections and adverse perinatal outcomesAbdullah Hel Baqui; Fiscal Year: 2010..infections between 12-16 weeks;those with abnormal vaginal flora (Nugent score >4) will be treated with oral clindamycin for 5 days, rescreened after 3 weeks, and those with persistent abnormal flora will be retreated with a second ..
- CONJUGAL TRANSFER OF BACTEROIDES ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCESAbigail Salyers; Fiscal Year: 1999..Resistance to two of the drugs of choice for treating Bacteroides infections, clindamycin and beta-lactam antibiotics has begun to appear and is beginning to complicate treatment of Bacteroides ..
- Cesarean Section Optimal Antibiotic Prophylaxis (C/SOAP) TrialAlan Thevenet N Tita; Fiscal Year: 2010..prior to surgery;concurrently, both groups will also receive standard single-dose cefazolin prophylaxis (or clindamycin if allergic to cephalosporin)...
- Epidemic CA-MRSA: Molecular Epidemiology and ImmunologyROBERT S contact DAUM; Fiscal Year: 2010We are proposing studies utilizing the patients enrolled in the DMID-funded "Randomized, Double-Blind Trial of Clindamycin, Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole, or Placebo for Uncomplicated Skin and Soft Tissue Infections Caused by Community-..
- CONJUGAL TRANSFER OF BACTEROIDES ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCESAbigail Salyers; Fiscal Year: 1993..that codes for resistance to erythromycin (Emr) The same gene that codes for Emr also codes for resistance to clindamycin, one of the few antibiotics that is effective for treating Bacteroides infections...
- Oral Immunotherapy for C. difficile Disease via BacteriaThomas Parks; Fiscal Year: 2005..secreting scFv against toxins A and B will then be tested in a well-established animal model of CDAD, the clindamycin-treated hamster...
- Primaquine-binding proteins identified in PneumocystisSHERRY QUEENER; Fiscal Year: 2006Primaquine, an 8-aminoquinoline, with clindamycin is the most effective clinical alternative to standard therapy for patients with pneumonia caused by Pneumocystis, but the mechanism of action of 8-aminoquinolines against the organism ..
- Therapy and Prevention for Bacterial VaginosisJane Schwebke; Fiscal Year: 2006..The current therapy for BV consists of seven days of oral or topical metronidazole or clindamycin. However, there is a growing concern that eradication of organisms from the lower genital tract may be ..
- Tinidazole for the Treatment of Bacterial VaginosisJane Schwebke; Fiscal Year: 2007..Current treatments for BV with metronidazole or clindamycin are suboptimal with cure rates at approximately 70% and high recurrence rates...
- MICROBIAL ASSOCIATIONS IN PERIODONTAL HEALTH AND DISEASEAnne Haffajee; Fiscal Year: 2000..In addition the importance and biological basis of supragingival plaque control in the treatment and prevention of periodontal diseases and in maintaining stability of the periodontium will be determined. ..
- TNF Mediated Immune Defense Against Listeria InfectionEric Pamer; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Microsporidiosis:A Therapeutic TargetLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Infection, Inflammation and PreeclampsiaCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, cytokine and CRP testing may prove to be effective tools for identifying women at risk for developing preeclampsia. ..
- NEW OPPORTUNISTIC INFECTIONS IN AIDS--MICROSPORIDIOSISLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is anticipated that the results of these studies will further studies to identify drug targets for interfering with polar tube development and/or function in future studies. ..
- Catheter Dwell Time and Risk of Bloodstream Infections in Hospitalized NeonatesAaron M Milstone; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will help to develop evidence-based strategies to prevent bloodstream infections among vulnerable infants hospitalized in the neonatal intensive care unit. ..
- Three Periodontal Therapies in Current & Non-SmokersAnne Haffajee; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed investigation should provide a model to examine methods that could be useful in treating compromised patients whether compromised by harmful habits such as smoking, systemic disease, or genetic background. ..
- Infection, Inflammation and PreeclampsiaCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, cytokine and CRP testing may prove to be effective tools for identifying women at risk for developing preeclampsia. ..
- Toxoplasma encephalitis in AIDS: Bradyzoite RegulationLouis Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Novel Bacterial Pathogens in Pelvic Inflammatory DiseaseCatherine L Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge of the risk factors, clinical characteristics, treatment efficacy, and morbidity of L. sanguinegens/amnionii, A. vaginae, BVAB, and UU-2 PID will direct future clinical and public health recommendations. ..
- Regulation of Lipid Metabolism in Human Sebaceous GlandsDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2006..Data generated from the proposed experiments will advance our understanding of the mechanisms regulating sebum production and can lead to identification of potential additional therapeutic target sites in the treatment of acne. ..
- Novel Bacterial Pathogens in Pelvic Inflammatory DiseaseCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2009..Knowledge of the risk factors, clinical characteristics, treatment efficacy, and morbidity of L. sanguinegens/amnionii, A. vaginae, BVAB, and UU-2 PID will direct future clinical and public health recommendations. ..
- Mycoplasma Genitalium and Pelvic Inflammatory DiseaseCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2007..Exploring the role of M. genitalium in PID is imperative to optimize diagnosis and treatment and prevent reproductive morbidity among women with nongonococcal/nonchlamydial PID. ..
- Regulation of human sebaceous glands by 13-cis retinoic acidDiane Thiboutot; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings of these studies not only have the potential to advance our understanding of retinoid action in acne, but can lead to advances in the understanding of these agents in cancer biology and in innate immunity as well. ..
- Patient-Centered Informatics System to Enhance Health Care in Rural CommunitiesMatthew Samore; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our implementation of an education campaign within a rural public health framework will help extend the benefits to underserved populations and to guide nationwide dissemination efforts. ..
- Intermountain Center of Excellence for Infection Prevention StrategiesMatthew Samore; Fiscal Year: 2007..RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page .................................................................................................................................................. 1 Description, ..
- Rural Trial of Clinic Order Entry with Decision SupportMatthew Samore; Fiscal Year: 2006..The cost impact of the intervention will be measured to allow a comprehensive assessment of the value of this HIT. ..
- Mechanisms of Tandem Repeat Deletion in Group B StrepKAREN PUOPOLO; Fiscal Year: 2006..The training goal of this project is to prepare the applicant for a career in bacterial genetic research by providing didactic education and the opportunity to develop laboratory expertise in this rapidly evolving field. ..