Genomes and Genes
Summary: A semisynthetic derivative of PODOPHYLLOTOXIN that exhibits antitumor activity. Etoposide inhibits DNA synthesis by forming a complex with topoisomerase II and DNA. This complex induces breaks in double stranded DNA and prevents repair by topoisomerase II binding. Accumulated breaks in DNA prevent entry into the mitotic phase of cell division, and lead to cell death. Etoposide acts primarily in the G2 and S phases of the cell cycle.
Publications377 found, 100 shown here
- Ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide (ICE) reinduction chemotherapy in a large cohort of children and adolescents with recurrent/refractory sarcoma: the Children's Cancer Group (CCG) experiencePatrick Van Winkle
Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 44:338-47. 2005..We determined the overall response rate (ORR) and overall survival (OS) of children with recurrent/refractory sarcomas who were given ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide (ICE) in three Children's Cancer Group (CCG) phase I/II trials.
- CtIP and MRN promote non-homologous end-joining of etoposide-induced DNA double-strand breaks in G1Verena Quennet
Radiation Biology and DNA Repair, Darmstadt University of Technology, 64287 Darmstadt, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 39:2144-52. 2011..Chemotherapeutic drugs such as etoposide target topoII, interfere with the normal enzymatic cleavage/re-ligation reaction and create a DNA double-strand ..
- Structural basis of type II topoisomerase inhibition by the anticancer drug etoposideChyuan Chuan Wu
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei City 100, Taiwan
Science 333:459-62. 2011..We present the crystal structure of a large fragment of human TOP2β complexed to DNA and to the anticancer drug etoposide to reveal structural details of drug-induced stabilization of a cleavage complex...
- A human 5'-tyrosyl DNA phosphodiesterase that repairs topoisomerase-mediated DNA damageFelipe Cortes Ledesma
Genome Damage and Stability Centre, University of Sussex, Science Park Road, Falmer, Brighton, Sussex BN1 9RQ, UK
Nature 461:674-8. 2009..TTRAP is, to our knowledge, the first human 5'-tyrosyl DNA phosphodiesterase to be identified, and we suggest that this enzyme is denoted tyrosyl DNA phosphodiesterase-2 (TDP2)...
- Salinomycin sensitizes cancer cells to the effects of doxorubicin and etoposide treatment by increasing DNA damage and reducing p21 proteinJu Hwa Kim
Research Institute, National Cancer Center, Ilsan gu, Goyang si, Gyeonggi Do, South Korea
Br J Pharmacol 162:773-84. 2011Salinomycin (Sal) has recently been shown to inhibit various cancer stem cells. Here, we investigated whether Sal could sensitize cancer cells to the effects of doxorubicin (DOX) or etoposide (ETO).
- Enhanced antitumor efficacy of low-dose Etoposide with oncolytic herpes simplex virus in human glioblastoma stem cell xenograftsTooba A Cheema
Brain Tumor Research Center, Department of Neurosurgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:7383-93. 2011..The chemotherapeutic agent etoposide is generally reserved for treating recurrent tumors; however, its effectiveness is limited due to acute and ..
- Inhibition of ATM blocks the etoposide-induced DNA damage response and apoptosis of resting human T cellsZ Korwek
Laboratory of the Molecular Bases of Ageing, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
DNA Repair (Amst) 11:864-73. 2012..However, the anticancer drug, etoposide, which is a topoisomerase II inhibitor, can generate DNA double strand breaks affecting not only replication but ..
- The dispersal of replication proteins after Etoposide treatment requires the cooperation of Nbs1 with the ataxia telangiectasia Rad3-related/Chk1 pathwayRossella Rossi
Istituto di Genetica Molecolare, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, via Abbiategrasso 207, I 27100 Pavia, Italy
Cancer Res 66:1675-83. 2006..Here, we explore the cell response to etoposide, an anticancer drug belonging to the topoisomerase II poisons...
- NF-kappaB antiapoptosis: induction of TRAF1 and TRAF2 and c-IAP1 and c-IAP2 to suppress caspase-8 activationC Y Wang
Department of Endodontics, School of Dentistry, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7295, USA
Science 281:1680-3. 1998..were required to fully suppress TNF-induced apoptosis, whereas c-IAP1 and c-IAP2 were sufficient to suppress etoposide-induced apoptosis...
- Cellular response to etoposide treatmentAlessandra Montecucco
Istituto di Genetica Molecolare, CNR, via Abbiategrasso 207, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Cancer Lett 252:9-18. 2007b>Etoposide is a potent anti-tumor drug that belongs to the class of topoisomerase poisons. Although its molecular target, i.e...
- Etoposide induces ATM-dependent mitochondrial biogenesis through AMPK activationXuan Fu
Department of Pharmacology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2009. 2008..Here we provide evidence for a novel role of ATM in mitochondrial biogenesis through AMPK activation in response to etoposide-induced DNA damage.
- p53- and drug-induced apoptotic responses mediated by BH3-only proteins puma and noxaAndreas Villunger
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia
Science 302:1036-8. 2003..Hence, Puma and Noxa are critical mediators of the apoptotic responses induced by p53 and other agents...
- Two-weekly or 3-weekly CHOP chemotherapy with or without etoposide for the treatment of young patients with good-prognosis (normal LDH) aggressive lymphomas: results of the NHL-B1 trial of the DSHNHLMichael Pfreundschuh
Saarland University Medical School, Homburg Saar, Germany
Blood 104:626-33. 2004..To determine whether CHOP given every 2 weeks (CHOP-14) or the addition of etoposide (CHOEP-21, CHOEP-14) can improve results in patients ages 18 to 60 years with good prognosis (normal lactic ..
- Cellular responses to etoposide: cell death despite cell cycle arrest and repair of DNA damageIlona Schonn
Institute of Pharmacy, Hamburg University, Bundesstr 45, 20146 Hamburg, Germany
Apoptosis 15:162-72. 2010The topoisomerase IIalpha inhibitor etoposide is a 'broad spectrum' anticancer agent and a potent inducer of DNA double strand breaks...
- Impact of C-reactive protein kinetics on survival of patients with advanced urothelial carcinoma treated by second-line chemotherapy with gemcitabine, etoposide and cisplatinKazutaka Saito
Department of Urology, Cancer Institute Hospital, Japanese Foundation of Cancer Research, Tokyo, Japan
BJU Int 110:1478-84. 2012....
- Activation of Akt and ERK signalling pathways induced by etoposide confer chemoresistance in gastric cancer cellsS Q Liu
Department of Gastroenterology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Jiefang Road 238, Wuhan 430060, China
Dig Liver Dis 38:310-8. 2006....
- A comparison of the cytogenetic alterations and global DNA hypomethylation induced by the benzene metabolite, hydroquinone, with those induced by melphalan and etoposideZ Ji
Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Leukemia 24:986-91. 2010..the HQ-induced alterations with those induced by two well-known leukemogens, melphalan, an alkylating agent, and etoposide, a DNA topoisomerase II inhibitor...
- Twice-daily compared with once-daily thoracic radiotherapy in limited small-cell lung cancer treated concurrently with cisplatin and etoposideA T Turrisi
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
N Engl J Med 340:265-71. 1999..Twice-daily accelerated thoracic radiotherapy has potential advantages over once-daily radiotherapy...
- Hypoxia-mediated down-regulation of Bid and Bax in tumors occurs via hypoxia-inducible factor 1-dependent and -independent mechanisms and contributes to drug resistanceJanine T Erler
Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology Group, Bioinformatics Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 24:2875-89. 2004..relative resistance of normoxic cells that had no or reduced expression of Bid and/or Bax and by the finding that forced expression of Bid in hypoxic cells resulted in increased sensitivity to the topoisomerase II inhibitor etoposide.
- Suppression of RAD21 gene expression decreases cell growth and enhances cytotoxicity of etoposide and bleomycin in human breast cancer cellsJosephine M Atienza
Sequenom, Inc, 3595 John Hopkins Court, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:361-8. 2005..Moreover, MCF-7 cell sensitivity to two DNA-damaging chemotherapeutic agents, etoposide and bleomycin, was increased after inhibition of RAD21 expression with a dose reduction factor 50 (DRF50) of 1...
- Treatment of poorly differentiated neuroendocrine tumours with etoposide and cisplatinE Mitry
Department of Gastroenterology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Br J Cancer 81:1351-5. 1999..of this study was to evaluate by a retrospective analysis of 53 patients the efficacy of chemotherapy combining etoposide and cisplatin in the treatment of neuroendocrine tumours...
- High-risk Merkel cell carcinoma of the skin treated with synchronous carboplatin/etoposide and radiation: a Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group Study--TROG 96:07Michael Poulsen
Mater Queensland Radium Institute, Raymond Tee, South Brisbane, QLD 4101 Australia
J Clin Oncol 21:4371-6. 2003The effectiveness of synchronous carboplatin, etoposide, and radiation therapy was prospectively assessed in a group of patients with high-risk Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) of the skin.
- High resolution imaging of changes in the structure and spatial organization of chromatin, gamma-H2A.X and the MRN complex within etoposide-induced DNA repair fociGraham Dellaire
Departments of Pathology and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Cell Cycle 8:3750-69. 2009..The induction of DNA DSBs by etoposide leads to a global decrease in chromatin density, which is accompanied by the formation of invaginations of the ..
- p53 mediates DNA damaging drug-induced apoptosis through a caspase-9-dependent pathway in SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cellsHongjuan Cui
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 1:679-86. 2002..Doxorubicin and etoposide induce rapid and extensive apoptosis in SH-SY5Y cells...
- Role of caveolin-1 in etoposide resistance development in A549 lung cancer cellsMartin M Bélanger
Unité de Recherche en Pneumologie, Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie, l Université Laval, Centre de recherche Hopital Laval, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Biol Ther 3:954-9. 2004..In this study, we progressively exposed A549 lung adenocarcinoma cells to increasing doses of etoposide. Both R1 and R2 cell lines had greatly increased levels of p-glycoprotein expression while mrp expression levels ..
- High histologic and overall response to dose intensification of ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and vincristine in patients with high-risk Ewing sarcoma family tumors: the Bambino Gesù Children's Hospital experieGiuseppe Maria Milano
Division of Pediatric Oncology, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesù IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Cancer 106:1838-45. 2006..The authors report on their results from a regimen of ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide (ICE) with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and vincristine (CAV) dose intensification in patients with high-risk ..
- SFOP OS94: a randomised trial comparing preoperative high-dose methotrexate plus doxorubicin to high-dose methotrexate plus etoposide and ifosfamide in osteosarcoma patientsMarie Cecile Le Deley
Service de biostatistique et d épidémiologie, Institut Gustave Roussy, 39, rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Eur J Cancer 43:752-61. 2007..was designed to determine whether preoperative chemotherapy regimen combining high-dose methotrexate courses and etoposide-ifosfamide could improve the proportion of good histologic response (5% viable cells) compared to a regimen ..
- Inhibitory effect of polyunsaturated fatty acids on apoptosis induced by etoposide, okadaic acid and AraC in Neuro2a cellsYumei Wu
Department of Physiology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 61:147-52. 2007..n-3- and n-6- PUFAs to inhibit the apoptosis induced after the administration of different apoptotic inducers, etoposide, okadaic acid, and AraC, in mouse neuroblastoma cells (Neuro2a)...
- Sensitization of human malignant lymphoid cells to etoposide by fucoidan, a brown seaweed polysaccharideA Philchenkov
R E Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 03022 Kyiv, Ukraine
Exp Oncol 29:181-5. 2007....
- Phase III trial of irinotecan/cisplatin compared with etoposide/cisplatin in extensive-stage small-cell lung cancer: clinical and pharmacogenomic results from SWOG S0124Primo N Lara
University of California Davis Cancer Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2530-5. 2009Irinotecan plus cisplatin (IP) improved survival over etoposide plus cisplatin (EP) in Japanese patients with extensive-stage small-cell lung cancer (E-SCLC)...
- Involvement of miR-326 in chemotherapy resistance of breast cancer through modulating expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein 1Zhongxing Liang
Department of Radiology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 79:817-24. 2010..These findings demonstrate for the first time the involvement of miRNAs in multidrug resistance mediated by MRP-1 and suggest that miR-326 may be an efficient agent for preventing and reversing MDR in tumor cells...
- Liposomal formulations of Etoposide and Docetaxel for p53 mediated enhanced cytotoxicity in lung cancer cell linesKaustubh A Jinturkar
Pharmacy Department, Faculty of Technology and Engineering, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Post Box No 51, Kalabhavan, Vadodara 390 001, Gujarat State, India
Biomaterials 33:2492-507. 2012..of present investigation was to develop and assess comparative enhancement in cytotoxicity of liposomal Etoposide and Docetaxel in non-small cell lung cancer cell lines after pre-treatment and co-administration of p53 tumor ..
- Combination of an allosteric Akt Inhibitor MK-2206 with etoposide or rapamycin enhances the antitumor growth effect in neuroblastomaZhijie Li
Cell and Molecular Biology Section, Pediatric Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:3603-15. 2012..MK-2206, a novel allosteric Akt inhibitor, is now tested in clinical trials in adult cancers. In this study, effect of MK-2206 on tumor growth and murine survival, alone or in combination, with etoposide or rapamycin was evaluated.
- Feasibility of long-term intraventricular therapy with mafosfamide (n = 26) and etoposide (n = 11): experience in 26 children with disseminated malignant brain tumorsIrene Slavc
Department of Pediatrics, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Neurooncol 64:239-47. 2003..with an intraventricular therapy consisting of mafosfamide, a preactivated cyclophosphamide derivative, and etoposide. Between May 1994 and 2002, 26 patients aged 2-19 years with various intensely pretreated disseminated brain ..
- Pharmacokinetic optimisation of treatment with oral etoposideGiuseppe Toffoli
Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, National Cancer Institute, Aviano, Italy
Clin Pharmacokinet 43:441-66. 2004b>Etoposide is a derivative of podophyllotoxin widely used in the treatment of several neoplasms, including small cell lung cancer, germ cell tumours and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas...
- Phase II trial of postoperative adjuvant cisplatin and etoposide in patients with completely resected stage I-IIIa small cell lung cancer: the Japan Clinical Oncology Lung Cancer Study Group Trial (JCOG9101)Ryosuke Tsuchiya
Division of Thoracic Surgery, National Cancer Center Hospital, 1 1 Tsukiji 5 cho me, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:977-83. 2005Indications for surgical intervention for very limited small cell lung cancer have not yet been determined. The objective of this study is to determine whether resection followed by cisplatin and etoposide is feasible.
- BRCA1 and c-Myc associate to transcriptionally repress psoriasin, a DNA damage-inducible geneRichard D Kennedy
Cancer Research Centre, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 65:10265-72. 2005..Finally, we show that psoriasin expression is induced by the topoisomerase IIalpha poison, etoposide, in the absence of functional BRCA1 and increased psoriasin expression enhances cellular sensitivity to this ..
- Early compared with late radiotherapy in combined modality treatment for limited disease small-cell lung cancer: a London Lung Cancer Group multicenter randomized clinical trial and meta-analysisStephen G Spiro
University College Hospitals Trust, London, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 24:3823-30. 2006..To replicate an earlier National Cancer Institute of Canada (NCIC) trial that examined the effect on survival of the timing of thoracic radiotherapy (TRT) in patients with limited disease small-cell lung cancer (SCLC)...
- Autophagy induction by Bcr-Abl-expressing cells facilitates their recovery from a targeted or nontargeted treatmentLisa C Crowley
Leslie C Quick Laboratory, Cork Cancer Research Centre, Biosciences Institute, University College Cork and Mercy University Hospital, Grenville Place, Cork, Ireland
Am J Hematol 86:38-47. 2011..We have examined how Bcr-Abl-expressing cells respond to two mechanistically different therapeutic agents, etoposide and Imatinib...
- Autophagy inhibition enhances etoposide-induced cell death in human hepatoma G2 cellsBu Shan Xie
Graduate School, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, P R China
Int J Mol Med 27:599-606. 2011..To address this issue, we established an experimental model in which HepG2 cells were treated with etoposide, a widely used anticancer agent...
- Chromatin mobility is increased at sites of DNA double-strand breaksP M Krawczyk
Van Leeuwenhoek Centre for Advanced Microscopy AMC, Department of Cell Biology and Histology, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cell Sci 125:2127-33. 2012..Moreover, this increased DSB mobility, but not the mobility of undamaged chromatin, can be reduced by agents that affect higher-order chromatin organization...
- Upregulation of miR-24 is associated with a decreased DNA damage response upon etoposide treatment in highly differentiated CD8(+) T cells sensitizing them to apoptotic cell deathStefan Brunner
Immunology Division, Institute for Biomedical Aging Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Innsbruck, Austria
Aging Cell 11:579-87. 2012..Following treatment with the classic chemotherapeutic agent etoposide, a topoisomerase II inhibitor, apoptosis was increased in CD8(+) CD28(-) when compared to CD8(+) CD28(+) T ..
- Endoplasmic reticulum chaperone protein GRP78 protects cells from apoptosis induced by topoisomerase inhibitors: role of ATP binding site in suppression of caspase-7 activationRamachandra K Reddy
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90089 9176, USA
J Biol Chem 278:20915-24. 2003..GRP78 results in reduced apoptosis and higher colony survival when challenged with topoisomerase II inhibitors, etoposide and doxorubicin, and topoisomerase I inhibitor, camptothecin...
- Alteration in copy numbers of genes as a mechanism for acquired drug resistanceKohichiroh Yasui
Department of Molecular Cytogenetics, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Cancer Res 64:1403-10. 2004..molecular cytogenetic analyses of 23 cancer-cell lines, each resistant to either camptothecin, cisplatin, etoposide (VP-16), Adriamycin, or 1-beta-D-arabinofuranosylcytosine, although the parental tumor lines were not...
- Model for MLL translocations in therapy-related leukemia involving topoisomerase IIβ-mediated DNA strand breaks and gene proximityIan G Cowell
Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biosciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:8989-94. 2012Topoisomerase poisons such as the epipodophyllotoxin etoposide are widely used effective cytotoxic anticancer agents...
- Phase I study of G3139, a bcl-2 antisense oligonucleotide, combined with carboplatin and etoposide in patients with small-cell lung cancerCharles M Rudin
University of Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1110-7. 2004..A dose-finding study was performed evaluating the combination of G3139, carboplatin, and etoposide in patients with previously untreated extensive stage SCLC.
- Acyl-CoA synthetase as a cancer survival factor: its inhibition enhances the efficacy of etoposideTetsuo Mashima
Division of Molecular Biotherapy, Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Koto ku, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:1556-62. 2009..Correspondingly, ACS inhibition synergistically potentiated the glioma cell death induced by etoposide, a well-known activator of apoptosis...
- Chemotherapy resistance research of lung cancer based on micro-fluidic chip system with flow mediumLong Zhao
Department of Respiratory Medicine, the Second Hospital affiliated to Dalian Medical University and Liaoning Provence Key Lab of Proteomics, 467 Zhongshan Road, Dalian 116023, China
Biomed Microdevices 12:325-32. 2010....
- Intensive chemotherapy with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, high-dose methotrexate/ifosfamide, etoposide, and high-dose cytarabine (CODOX-M/IVAC) for human immunodeficiency virus-associated Burkitt lymphomaEunice S Wang
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021 6306, USA
Cancer 98:1196-205. 2003..In contrast, the safety and efficacy of intensive regimens have not been established for Burkitt lymphoma (BL), a highly aggressive lymphoma for which moderate-dose chemotherapy is substandard in the HIV-negative population...
- Kinetics and regulation of cytochrome P450-mediated etoposide metabolismXiaoliang Zhuo
Center for Cancer Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6160, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 32:993-1000. 2004b>Etoposide is a DNA topoisomerase II inhibitor widely used in the treatment of a variety of malignancies that is also associated with therapy-related leukemia...
- BNIP3 protects HepG2 cells against etoposide-induced cell death under hypoxia by an autophagy-independent pathwayJean Philippe Cosse
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Cellular Biology URBC, NAmur Research Institute for LIfe Science NARILIS, FUNDP University of Namur, 61 rue de Bruxelles, 5000 Namur, Belgium
Biochem Pharmacol 80:1160-9. 2010..Previously, we showed that human hepatoma HepG2 cells were protected under hypoxia against the etoposide-induced apoptosis...
- The DNA repair complex Ku70/86 modulates Apaf1 expression upon DNA damageD De Zio
Department of Biology, Dulbecco Telethon Institute, University of Rome Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome, Italy
Cell Death Differ 18:516-27. 2011..Therefore, besides regulating DNA repair, our results suggest that Ku70/86 binds to the Apaf1 promoter and represses its activity. This may help to inhibit the apoptosome pathway of cell death and contribute to regulate cell survival...
- Induction of durable responses by oral etoposide monochemotherapy in patients with metastatic Merkel cell carcinomaMax Schlaak
University Hospital of Cologne, Skin Cancer Center, Cologne, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 22:187-91. 2012..In this case series we report our experience with orally administered etoposide (100 mg at days 1 to 10 in a 31 day cycle) in 4 patients...
- Mutant p53 cooperates with ETS2 to promote etoposide resistancePhi M Do
Department of Biochemistry, University of Mississippi Cancer Institute, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Genes Dev 26:830-45. 2012..we identified TDP2, a 5'-tyrosyl DNA phosphodiesterase involved in the repair of DNA damage caused by etoposide, as a transcriptional target of mtp53...
- Rituximab plus infusional cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and etoposide in HIV-associated non-Hodgkin lymphoma: pooled results from 3 phase 2 trialsMichele Spina
Division of Medical Oncology A, National Cancer Institute, Via Pedemontana Occidentale 12, 33081, Aviano PN Italy
Blood 105:1891-7. 2005..5-200 mg/m2 per day), doxorubicin (12.5 mg/m2 per day), and etoposide (60 mg/m2 per day) (R-CDE) plus granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) in 74 patients with HIV-associated,..
- (-)-Epigallocatechin gallate overcomes resistance to etoposide-induced cell death by targeting the molecular chaperone glucose-regulated protein 78Svetlana P Ermakova
Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, Austin, Minnesota
Cancer Res 66:9260-9. 2006..EGCG interfered with the formation of the antiapoptotic GRP78-caspase-7 complex, which resulted in an increased etoposide-induced apoptosis in cancer cells...
- Induction of ATM activation, histone H2AX phosphorylation and apoptosis by etoposide: relation to cell cycle phaseToshiki Tanaka
Brander Cancer Research Institute, Department of Pathology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Cell Cycle 6:371-6. 2007b>Etoposide (VP-16) belongs to the family of DNA topoisomerase II (topo2) inhibitors, drugs widely used in cancer chemotherapy...
- Roles of DNA topoisomerase II isozymes in chemotherapy and secondary malignanciesAnna M Azarova
Department of Pharmacology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:11014-9. 2007Drugs that target DNA topoisomerase II (Top2), including etoposide (VP-16), doxorubicin, and mitoxantrone, are among the most effective anticancer drugs in clinical use...
- Phase III study of cisplatin, etoposide, and concurrent chest radiation with or without consolidation docetaxel in patients with inoperable stage III non-small-cell lung cancer: the Hoosier Oncology Group and U.S. OncologyNasser Hanna
Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:5755-60. 2008..A phase II study by the Southwest Oncology Group using consolidation docetaxel after cisplatin (P), etoposide (E), and radiation (XRT) resulted in a median survival time (MST) of 26 months...
- Pediatric brain tumor cancer stem cells: cell cycle dynamics, DNA repair, and etoposide extrusionDeema Hussein
Children s Brain Tumour Research Centre, School of Clinical Sciences, University of Nottingham, CBTRC, D32 Medical School, QMC, Clifton Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Neuro Oncol 13:70-83. 2011..Furthermore, neurosphere-derived cells demonstrated an increased resistance to etoposide compared with monolayer-derived cells, having lower initial DNA damage, potentially due to a combination of ..
- Cdk5 activator-binding protein C53 regulates apoptosis induced by genotoxic stress via modulating the G2/M DNA damage checkpointHai Jiang
Children s Memorial Research Center, The Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Feinberg School of Medicine and IGP Graduate Program, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
J Biol Chem 280:20651-9. 2005..our results demonstrated that C53 deficiency conferred partial resistance to genotoxic agents such as etoposide and x-ray irradiation, whereas ectopic expression of C53 rendered cells susceptible to multiple genotoxins that ..
- Hypoxia induces protection against etoposide-induced apoptosis: molecular profiling of changes in gene expression and transcription factor activityAudrey Sermeus
URBC, FUNDP University of Namur, 61 rue de Bruxelles, 5000 Namur, Belgium
Mol Cancer 7:27. 2008..it is now well established that hypoxia renders tumor cells resistant to radio- but also chemotherapy. However, few elements are currently available as for the mechanisms underlying this protection...
- Maximal killing of lymphoma cells by DNA damage-inducing therapy requires not only the p53 targets Puma and Noxa, but also BimLina Happo
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia
Blood 116:5256-67. 2010....
- p53-mediated delayed NF-κB activity enhances etoposide-induced cell death in medulloblastomaD Meley
Centre for Cell Imaging, School of Biological Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Cell Death Dis 1:e41. 2010..Using several MB cell lines, we have demonstrated that the chemotherapeutic drug etoposide induces a p53- and caspase-dependent cell death...
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway plays an important role in chemoresistance of gastric cancer cells against etoposide and doxorubicin induced cell deathHong Gang Yu
Department of Gastroenterology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan Univeristy, Wuhan, China
Int J Cancer 122:433-43. 2008..b>Etoposide and doxorubicin stimulated Akt and PI3K activities in 2 gastric cancer cell lines (BGC-823 and SGC-7901), and ..
- Both ERK1 and ERK2 kinases promote G2/M arrest in etoposide-treated MCF7 cells by facilitating ATM activationFengxiang Wei
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Cell Signal 22:1783-9. 2010..However, much less has been done to directly examine the contributions of ERK1 and ERK2 kinases to DDR. Etoposide induces G2/M arrest in a variety of cell lines, including MCF7 cells...
- Caspase-mediated cleavage of p130cas in etoposide-induced apoptotic Rat-1 cellsS Kook
Department of Life Science, Kwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Kwangju 500 712, Korea
Mol Biol Cell 11:929-39. 2000..We investigated the changes in focal adhesion proteins during etoposide-induced apoptosis in Rat-1 cells and found that during apoptosis, p130cas (Crk-associated substrate [Cas]) is ..
- Sequential two-step cleavage of the retinoblastoma protein by caspase-3/-7 during etoposide-induced apoptosisC L Fattman
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, PA 15213, USA
Oncogene 20:2918-26. 2001..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that during apoptosis, a caspase-3-like protease is responsible for degradation and functional inactivation of RB by cleaving the protein internally following aspartate(349)...
- The Egr-1 transcription factor directly activates PTEN during irradiation-induced signallingT Virolle
The Burnham Institute, Cancer Research Center, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nat Cell Biol 3:1124-8. 2001..Loss of Egr-1 expression, which often occurs in human cancers, could deregulate the PTEN gene and contribute to the radiation resistance of some cancer cells...
- Treatment of hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis with HLH-94 immunochemotherapy and bone marrow transplantationJan Inge Henter
Childhood Cancer Research Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Blood 100:2367-73. 2002..It combined chemotherapy and immunotherapy (etoposide, corticosteroids, cyclosporin A, and, in selected patients, intrathecal methotrexate), followed by bone marrow ..
- Long-term outcome in children with relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukemia after time-point and site-of-relapse stratification and intensified short-course multidrug chemotherapy: results of trial ALL-REZ BFM 90Gesche Tallen
Departments of Pediatric and Arend von Stackelberg Oncology Hematology and of General Pediatrics, Charit Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 28:2339-47. 2010....
- The role of MAPK pathways in the action of chemotherapeutic drugsSimone Boldt
The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Cancer Research UK, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Carcinogenesis 23:1831-8. 2002..the role of mitogen-induced and stress-activated MAP kinase pathways in the cellular response to taxol, etoposide and ceramide in three different human cancer cell lines: HeLa cervical carcinoma, MCF7 breast cancer and A431 ..
- Nuclear import of PKCdelta is required for apoptosis: identification of a novel nuclear import sequenceTracie A DeVries
Department of Craniofacial Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
EMBO J 21:6050-60. 2002..Here we show that PKCdelta is imported into the nucleus of etoposide-treated cells, that nuclear import is required for apoptosis and that it is mediated by a nuclear localization ..
- The JNK, ERK and p53 pathways play distinct roles in apoptosis mediated by the antitumor agents vinblastine, doxorubicin, and etoposideCheryl Brantley-Finley
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 66:459-69. 2003..Vinblastine, doxorubicin, or etoposide (VP-16) induced apoptotic cell death in KB-3 carcinoma cells, with similar kinetic profiles of PARP cleavage, ..
- Phase II trial of paclitaxel, carboplatin, and etoposide in advanced poorly differentiated neuroendocrine carcinoma: a Minnie Pearl Cancer Research Network StudyJohn D Hainsworth
Sarah Cannon Research Institute, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3548-54. 2006To evaluate the efficacy of chemotherapy with paclitaxel, carboplatin, and etoposide in advanced adult poorly differentiated neuroendocrine carcinomas.
- Bcl-2 phosphorylation required for anti-apoptosis functionT Ito
Sealy Center for Oncology and Hematology and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1048, USA
J Biol Chem 272:11671-3. 1997..after IL-3 or Bryo stimulation and is unable to support prolonged cell survival either upon IL-3 deprivation or etoposide treatment when compared with wild-type Bcl-2...
- Stimulation of IRF-7 gene expression by tumor necrosis factor alpha: requirement for NFkappa B transcription factor and gene accessibilityRunqing Lu
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16592-8. 2002..We show by chromatin immunoprecipitation assay that treatment with the TOPII inhibitor etoposide induces association of acetylated histone 3 with the promoter of IRF-7 gene, indicating that TOPII-mediated ..
- Practicability and acute haematological toxicity of 2- and 3-weekly CHOP and CHOEP chemotherapy for aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: results from the NHL-B trial of the German High-Grade Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Study Group (DSHNHL)A Wunderlich
Institute for Medical Informatics, Statistics and Epidemiology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Ann Oncol 14:881-93. 2003..Three variants using either an addition of etoposide (CHOEP-21: 100 mg/m(2) on days 1-3), the shortening to 2-week intervals using recombinant human granulocyte ..
- Cyclin A1 is a p53-induced gene that mediates apoptosis, G2/M arrest, and mitotic catastrophe in renal, ovarian, and lung carcinoma cellsA Rivera
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Rm 252, College Station, 77843 1114, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:1425-39. 2006..Cyclin A1 but not cyclin A2 was upregulated in etoposide-treated tumor cells undergoing p53-dependent apoptosis and mitotic catastrophe...
- Hypoxia prevents etoposide-induced DNA damage in cancer cells through a mechanism involving hypoxia-inducible factor 1Richard Sullivan
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cancer Ther 8:1702-13. 2009..Using the alkaline comet assay, we provide direct evidence that hypoxia-induced resistance to etoposide in human tumor cells (MDA-MB-231 breast carcinoma and DU-145 prostatic adenocarcinoma) is mainly due to ..
- A systems level strategy for analyzing the cell death network: implication in exploring the apoptosis/autophagy connectionE Zalckvar
Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Cell Death Differ 17:1244-53. 2010..The initial running of this platform in etoposide-treated cells, using a few single and double perturbations, identified several levels of connectivity between ..
- High temperature requirement A3 (HtrA3) promotes etoposide- and cisplatin-induced cytotoxicity in lung cancer cell linesDaniah Beleford
Department of Experimental Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 285:12011-27. 2010..we show for the first time that HtrA3 is a mitochondrial stress-response factor that promotes cytotoxicity to etoposide and cisplatin in lung cancer cell lines...
- Chromatin remodelling at the topoisomerase II-beta promoter is associated with enhanced sensitivity to etoposide in human neuroblastoma cell linesChandra M Das
Division of Pediatrics, Children s Cancer Hospital, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Eur J Cancer 46:2771-80. 2010b>Etoposide, an inhibitor of topoisomerase II, promotes DNA damage and apoptosis of cancer cells and is a component of standard therapy for neuroblastoma...
- Drug-induced cell cycle modulation leading to cell-cycle arrest, nuclear mis-segregation, or endoreplicationAsako Sakaue-Sawano
Life Function and Dynamics, ERATO, JST, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako City, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
BMC Cell Biol 12:2. 2011..Cytometry analysis only quantifies dye-incorporation to examine DNA content and does not reflect the biological complexity of the cell cycle in drug discovery screens...
- Downregulation of VRK1 by p53 in response to DNA damage is mediated by the autophagic pathwayAlberto Valbuena
Experimental Therapeutics and Translational Oncology Program, Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular del Cancer, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e17320. 2011..DRAM is located in the endosomal-lysosomal compartment. Induction of DNA damage by UV, IR, etoposide and doxorubicin stabilizes p53 and induces DRAM expression, followed by VRK1 downregulation and a reduction in ..
- Biomarker analysis in a phase III study of pemetrexed-carboplatin versus etoposide-carboplatin in chemonaive patients with extensive-stage small-cell lung cancerE F Smit
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Vrije University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Oncol 23:1723-9. 2012Clinical results of a randomized phase III trial comparing pemetrexed-carboplatin (PC) with etoposide-carboplatin (EC) in chemonaive patients with extensive-stage disease small-cell lung cancer (ED-SCLC) resulted in trial closure for ..
- Egr-1 regulates the transcription of the BRCA1 gene by etoposideSoon Young Shin
SMART Institute of Advanced Biomedical Science, Department of Biomedical Science and Technology, Konkuk University, Seoul 143 701, Korea
BMB Rep 46:92-6. 2013..In this study, we investigated the transcriptional regulation of BRCA1 in HeLa cells treated with etoposide. We found that three Egr-1-binding sequences (EBSs) were located at -1031, -1005, and -385 within the enhancer ..
- Sertoli cell function in albino rats treated with etoposide during prepubertal phaseTaiza Stumpp
Federal University of Sao Paulo, 740, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Histochem Cell Biol 126:353-61. 2006..However, in the previous study we observed that etoposide, an efficient chemotherapeutic drug, provokes an increase in numerical density of the Sertoli cells...
- Application of microfluidic gradient chip in the analysis of lung cancer chemotherapy resistanceWang Siyan
Department of Emergencyt, the Second Hospital affiliated to Dalian Medical University, 467 Zhongshan Road, Dalian 116023, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 49:806-10. 2009....
- Impact of dynamic 18F-FDG PET on the early prediction of therapy outcome in patients with high-risk soft-tissue sarcomas after neoadjuvant chemotherapy: a feasibility studyAntonia Dimitrakopoulou-Strauss
Medical PET Group Biological Imaging, Clinical Cooperation Unit Nuclear Medicine, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
J Nucl Med 51:551-8. 2010..The goal of the study was to evaluate the impact of early dPET studies and assess their value with regard to the therapy outcome using histopathologic data...
- Optimization of circulating biomarkers of obatoclax-induced cell death in patients with small cell lung cancerEmma J Dean
Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Neoplasia 13:339-47. 2011Small cell lung cancer (SCLC) is an aggressive disease in which, after initial sensitivity to platinum/etoposide chemotherapy, patients frequently relapse with drug-resistant disease...
- Moxifloxacin enhances antiproliferative and apoptotic effects of etoposide but inhibits its proinflammatory effects in THP-1 and Jurkat cellsI Fabian
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Br J Cancer 95:1038-46. 2006b>Etoposide (VP-16) is a topoisomerase II (topo II) inhibitor chemotherapeutic agent...
- Multicenter study of intravenous busulfan, cyclophosphamide, and etoposide (i.v. Bu/Cy/E) as conditioning regimen for autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphomaJ G Kim
Department of Hematology Oncology, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Bone Marrow Transplant 40:919-24. 2007..study aimed to evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of a combination of intravenous busulfan, cyclophosphamide and etoposide (i.v...
- Cellular processing pathways contribute to the activation of etoposide-induced DNA damage responsesJia Rong Fan
Department and Graduate Institute of Microbiology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10018, Taiwan, Republic of China
DNA Repair (Amst) 7:452-63. 2008Cytotoxic action (tumor cell killing) and carcinogenic side effect (therapy-related secondary leukemia) of etoposide are closely related to its ability in stabilizing topoisomerase II cleavable complex (TOP2cc), a unique form of protein-..
- Cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancerRodrigo Arriagada
Instituto de Radiomedicina, Santiago, Chile
N Engl J Med 350:351-60. 2004..On the basis of a previous meta-analysis, the International Adjuvant Lung Cancer Trial was designed to evaluate the effect of cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy on survival after complete resection of non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Long-term remission of Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation from matched sibling donors: a 20-year experience with the fractionated total body irradiation-etoposide regimenGinna G Laport
Division of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5623, USA
Blood 112:903-9. 2008..Our results indicate that FTBI/VP16 with or without cyclophosphamide confers long-term survival in Ph(+) ALL patients and that disease status at the time of HCT is an important predictor of outcome...
- Influence of Etoposide on anti-apoptotic and multidrug resistance-associated protein genes in CD133 positive U251 glioblastoma stem-like cellsFeng Jin
Department of Neurosurgery, Neuro Oncology Laboratory, Affiliated Hospital of Jining Medical College, Jining, Shandong 272029, PR China
Brain Res 1336:103-11. 2010..This study is to observe the influence of Etoposide on anti-apoptotic and multidrug resistance-associated protein genes in glioblastoma stem-like cells...
- Doxorubicin and etoposide sensitize small cell lung carcinoma cells expressing caspase-8 to TRAILAlena Vaculova
Institute of Environmental Medicine, Division of Toxicology, Karolinska Institutet, Box 210, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cancer 9:87. 2010..However, growing evidence exist that many cancer cells are resistant to its apoptotic effects. SCLC is a typical example of tumor entity where TRAIL monotherapy is not efficient...
- Camptothecins compared with etoposide in combination with platinum analog in extensive stage small cell lung cancer: systematic review with meta-analysisJoão Paulo S N Lima
Departamento de Oncologia Clínica, Hospital de Cancer de Barretos, Barretos, Brazil
J Thorac Oncol 5:1986-93. 2010Superiority of camptothecin regimens over etoposide-both combined with platinum analogs-in extensive disease small cell lung cancer has been a matter of debate with contradictory findings in randomized trials...
- Use of a cholesterol-rich microemulsion that binds to low-density lipoprotein receptors as vehicle for etoposideClaudete J Valduga
Lipid Metabolism Laboratory, the Heart Institute InCor of the Medical School Hospital, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Pharm Pharmacol 55:1615-22. 2003..This study aimed to develop the association of etoposide with LDE...
- Longitudinal follow-up of patients with Epstein-Barr virus-associated hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosisShinsaku Imashuku
Kyoto City Institute of Health and Environmental Sciences, Kyoto, Japan
Haematologica 89:183-8. 2004..The main purpose of this study was to determine the outcome of the EBV-HLH patients treated between 1992 and 2001...
- Functional study of C53 protein as a novel regulator of checkpoint kinasesHonglin Li; Fiscal Year: 2012..Some p53 deficient tumor cells treated with DNA damaging agents such as etoposide, a potent inhibitor of DNA topoisomerase II, undergo prolonged G2 arrest, and followed by apoptotic cell death...
- JULIE MARIE VOSE; Fiscal Year: 2016..randomized clinical trial for patients with relapsed diffuse large B-cell lymphoma using Rituximab/Carmustine, Etoposide, Cytarabine, and Melphalan (R-BEAM) or Bexxar/BEAM + autologous HSCT as the control and R-BEAM or Bexxar/BEAM + ..
- Diane J Mathis; Fiscal Year: 2015..DSBs, pursuing the hypothesis (issuing from our preliminary studies) that it operates like the anti-cancer drug etoposide to inhibit DNA topoisomerase-2 from resolving DNA cuts after introducing them to relieve the torsional stress ..
- Hal E Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2016..b) Elucidate influence in vitro of Sirt1 on different stresses (genotoxic: nocodazole, paclitaxel, etoposide;oxidative: hypoxia and ROS;apoptosis: cytokine withdrawal and irradiation) to Sirt 1 -/-, +/-, and +/+ HSC/HPC ..
- Functions of MRP2 and MRP3 in Drug DispositionJames M Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2011..MRP3, which is able to transport etoposide and methotrexate, is localized on the basolateral surfaces of gut enterocytes, and is induced at basolateral ..
- ARUN KUMAR RISHI; Fiscal Year: 2016..CARP-1 functions to transduce cell growth as well as chemotherapy (adriamycin, etoposide, or Iressa)-dependent inhibitory signaling. CARP-1 expression correlates inversely with HBC tumor grades...
- Analysis of replication fork-collapse in yeast by site-specific DNA nickingRANJITH PRASAD ANAND; Fiscal Year: 2013..attached 5'end that resemble inhibition of the Topoisomerase II cleavage complex by the antitumor drug etoposide. The role of putative candidates such as Tdp1 and Sae2 in the removal of protein-DNA complexes will also be ..
- Thomas R Hoye; Fiscal Year: 2014..derived from one: actinomycin, bleomycin, doxorubicin/daunorubicin/darubici/valrubicin (from daunomycin), etoposide/teniposide (from podophyllotoxin), irinotecan/topotecan (from camptothecin), mitomycin, mylotarg (from ..
- Mechanism of action of TOP2-directed anticancer drugsLeroy F Liu; Fiscal Year: 2012..Top2-targeting drugs such as etoposide (VP-16), doxorubicin and mitoxantrone are among the most effective and widely used anticancer drugs in the ..
- John J Turchi; Fiscal Year: 2016..protein inhibit the RPA-DNA binding interaction, achieve single agent activity and synergize with cisplatin and etoposide in BRCA1 deficient cancers...
- John F DiPersio; Fiscal Year: 2015..G-CSF+AMD3100 will be administered prior to mitoxantrone-etoposide-high dose Ara-C (MEC) salvage chemotherapy to optimally mobilize leukemic blasts, thus sensitizing the AML ..
- Lawrence F Povirk; Fiscal Year: 2016..for sensitization of triple-negative breast tumor cells to two DSB-inducing agents: ionizing radiation and etoposide. The most potent sensitizers will be used in further experiments to determine to what extent DSB repair is ..
- In situ assay for DNA cleavage by topoisomerase IIBENXIAO ZHANG; Fiscal Year: 2011..Drugs that modify this activity of TOPO II, such as etoposide and doxorubicin, form a class of TOPO II inhibitors that act by triggering the generation of DNA breaks by TOPO ..
- HECTOR RAMOS BILIRAN; Fiscal Year: 2015..pathway in NSCLC cells conferred resistance to apoptosis induced by DNA-damaging agents such as etoposide or 3-radiation (9,14)...
- The 50th Annual Meeting of the American Society of PharmacognosyBill J Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..the important natural products which are in use in the clinic or which are investigational drugs are taxol, etoposide, topotecan/irinotecan, the halichondrin analog E7389, dolastatin derivatives, the anthracyclines and the ..
- Peter J Houghton; Fiscal Year: 2016..repair protein FANCD2, downstream of TORC1, thus potentially selectively sensitizing tumor cells to cisplatin, etoposide and ionizing radiation...
- Screening of inhibitors for human 5-prime-tyrosyl DNA phosphodiesterase (hTDP2)Sanjay Adhikari; Fiscal Year: 2013..small cell lung cancer cell line, NSCLC) and DT40 cells increased sensitivity to the TopII- targeting agent etoposide, demonstrating that hTDP2 can be a target for adjuvant chemotherapy...
- Alexander E Perl; Fiscal Year: 2014..We therefore completed a Phase I clinical trial demonstrating that safety of rapamycin and etoposide-based chemotherapy in relapsed/refractory AML...
- Targeting Leukemia Stromal Interactions in AMLGeoffrey L Uy; Fiscal Year: 2013..of CXCR4, to chemosensitize AML in a clinical trial entitled, "A phase l/ll study of AMD3100 plus mitoxantrone, etoposide, and cytarabine (AMD3100-I-MEC) in relapsed or refractory AML...
- ALEXANDER JAMES BISHOP; Fiscal Year: 2015..means to improve the effectiveness of the standard treatment of this cancer, a cocktail of drugs that includes etoposide, would be of immediate benefit...
- Etiology of translocations in hematopoietic cellsChristine A Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Treatment regimens that include the topoII inhibitor etoposide are associated with one class of therapy-related acute myeloid leukemia (t-AML) and chromosomal translocations ..
- pBACH1 binding site on BRCT(BRCA1): A novel approach to cancer therapeuticsAmarnath Natarajan; Fiscal Year: 2012..We also show that BI-94 sensitizes breast cancer cells to growth inhibition and apoptosis induced by Etoposide and Bleomycin...
- Oakley C Olson; Fiscal Year: 2015..were also found to protect against tumor cell death induced by additional chemotherapeutics, specifically etoposide and doxorubicin...
- TRANSPOSASES IN ETOPOSIDE RESISTANCERobert A Hromas; Fiscal Year: 2012..an investigation into whether it could mediate resistance to the clinically relevant Topo II inhibitor etoposide. We found that Metnase prevented inhibition of Topo II decatenation by etoposide in vitro, and mediated cellular ..
- Mechanisms and Prevention of Etoposide-Induced LeukemiaJack C Yalowich; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Etoposide (VP-16)-related secondary myeloid leukemias (t-AML) are most frequently associated with MLL gene translocations at 11q23...
- Terzah M Horton; Fiscal Year: 2016..trial that will randomize 1050 patients to receive either standard chemotherapy (cytarabine, daunomycin, etoposide = ADE) or ADE with the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib (ADEB), a drug known to block protein degradation...
- MODULATION OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE BY CYCLOSPORIN ACharles Erlichman; Fiscal Year: 1992..of both experimental and clinical resistance to doxorubicin and other anthracyclines, to vinca alkaloids, and to etoposide. Studies in tissue culture and experimental animals have suggested the potential for reversal of MDR by a ..
- NATIONAL WILMS TUMOR STUDY -5Daniel Green; Fiscal Year: 2003..of chemotherapy regimens which include greater dose intensity of cyclophosphamide and the addition of etoposide for the treatment of children with anaplastic WT and clear cell sarcoma of the kidney...
- Michael Jordan; Fiscal Year: 2014..trial, which tests the idea that a treatment regimen combining aspects of both approaches (ATG and etoposide) may result in better outcomes for patients with HLH...
- 14 3 3 Implications in Topoisomerase II PharmacologyDavid Kroll; Fiscal Year: 2003..but NOT 14-3-3a, lead to in vitro inhibition of topo II DNA binding activity and a modest attenuation of etoposide-stabilized DNA damage in purified enzyme and isolated nuclear comet assays...
- Oral Chemotherapy in AIDS-related NHL in Uganda & KenyaScot Remick; Fiscal Year: 2003An oral-based combination chemotherapy regimen, consisting of lomustine (CCNU), etoposide (VP-16) cyclophosphamide and procarbazine, has been specifically developed for patients with AIDS-related non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- Formulation Dependent Help Interactions with Chemothera*David Kroll; Fiscal Year: 2005..This two-part pilot project will focus on the DNA topoisomerase II (topo II)-targeted anticancer agent etoposide (VP-16) and three of the most-widely used commercial formulations of St. John's wort (SJW), Hypericum perforatum...
- Aerosol Delivery of Lung Cancer DrugsBrian Hansen; Fiscal Year: 2002..exhibit inhibitory activity towards cancer cell growth are lipophilic, including topotecan, taxol, taxotere, and etoposide. None of the currently available pulmonary drug delivery systems (CFC-propellant metered dose inhalers, aqueous ..
- Biological Production of Podophyllotoxin for Sustained Cancer Drug DevelopmentJohn Porter; Fiscal Year: 2009..to explore the production of podophyllotoxin (PPT), an important natural product used in the semi-synthesis of etoposide, etopophos and teniposide for cancer treatment...
- Cytoplasmic Reactivation of p53 Family MembersCharles Walker; Fiscal Year: 2004..the cytotoxicity and apoptosis of leukemic clam hemocytes after treatment with the topoisomerase II inhibitors - etoposide, doxorubicin and mitoxantrone...
- BIOMARKERS OF TREATMENT RELATED LEUKEMIACAROLYN FELIX; Fiscal Year: 2004..b>Etoposide, doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide used in N6 therapy are metabolized by cytochrome P-450 (CYP) 3A; all are ..
- MECHANISMS AND MODULATION OF ETOPOSIDE--VP-16 RESISTANCEJack Yalowich; Fiscal Year: 1991This multifaceted research proposal focuses on the molecular pharmacology of etoposide (VP-16) and the modulation of VP-16 activity in sensitive human leukemia cells in vitro and in cells selected for resistance in the presence of VP-16 ..
- MODULATION OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE MECHANISMSBranimir Sikic; Fiscal Year: 2002..Similar approaches will be applied to a new inhibitor of MRP, with doxorubicin and with etoposide; and antisense oligonucleotide drugs against bcl-2 and bcl-xl...
- Heterocyclic Analogues of Podophyllotoxin Accessible by a One-Step MulticomponentAlexander Kornienko; Fiscal Year: 2009..the use of this agent as a lead in anticancer drug design has resulted in such useful cancer fighting drugs as etoposide, teniposide and etoposide phosphate...
- CALMODULIN INHIBITORS EFFECT ON ADRIAMYCIN RESISTANCERam Ganapathi; Fiscal Year: 1999..The basic theme of this application is to establish mechanisms by which the topoisomerase II poisons adriamycin or etoposide and the inhibitors of calcium-calmodulin regulated processes, trifuluoperazine and 1-[N-O- bis(1,5-..
- Chuan Yuan Li; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will examine the roles of specific nitric oxide synthase genes in chemotherapy (cyclophosphamide and etoposide)- induced HIF-1&2 activation (Specific aim 1)...
- TNE ROLE OF TIAK IN APOPTOTIC CELL DEATHPaul Anderson; Fiscal Year: 1999..g. Fas ligation, etoposide, ricin toxin)...
- TREATMENT OF CHILDHOOD CANCERMartin Brecher; Fiscal Year: 2002..POG phase II studies of continuous infusion 5-fluouracil and the combination of cisplatin, ifosfamide and etoposide. Roswell Park investigators chair the Wilms Tumor Committee, the Neuroscience Subcommittee of the Brain Tumor ..
- REGULATION OF TOPOISOMERASE II-DRUG-DNA TERNARY COMPLEXRam Ganapathi; Fiscal Year: 2006..Topo IIalkpha function will be assessed by: a) decatenation activity b) etoposide (VP-16)-stabilized DNA cleavable complex formation in vitro, and c) sensitivity to VP-16 in vivo...
- GRP78 AND DEVELOPMENT OF RESISTANCESatadal Chatterjee; Fiscal Year: 1999..project is the identification of the major mechanisms which account for the development of resistance to VP-16 (Etoposide), a topoisomerase II directed antineoplastic drug, through GRP78 dependent pathways...
- AATYK--A NOVEL APOPTOSIS ASSOCIATED TYROSINE KINASEE Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2002..test whether other apoptotic stimuli produced by different xenobiotic agents such as calphostin C, methotrexate etoposide, and mitomycin C result in the induction of AATYK, [b] to test whether ectopic over-expression of AATYK renders ..
- Topoisomerase II-directed drugs and cell deathJohn Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2006..upstream of mitochondrial cytochrome c release and caspase-9 and -3 activation in response to the topo2 poison etoposide suggest that this may not be generally true...
- PREVENTION OF CHEMOTHERAPY-INDUCED HAIR LOSSJoaquin Jimenez; Fiscal Year: 2005..Particularly, frequently used alopecia-inducing anti-neoplastic agents are cyclophosphamide, adriamycin, etoposide, taxol and vincristine. Alopecia is clearly the most feared side effect of chemotherapy...
- A NON MAMMALIAN MODEL FOR HUMAN ALLCharles Walker; Fiscal Year: 2001..and cytochemistry of the leukemia cells, in the structure and expression of the p53 gene and in its response to etoposide. In preparation for this study, we have developed a mass culture system for clam leukemia cells and are the ..
- NOVEL INHIBITORS OF DNA TOPOISOMERASE IIKuo Hsiung Lee; Fiscal Year: 1993..The compounds we anticipate to isolate will have unique activity against etoposide-resistant cells...
- Topoisomerase Targeting and Resistance in LeukemiaEric Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2003..protein levels and catalytic activity, resulting in hypersensitivity to topoisomerase Il-targeting drugs such as etoposide. Initial studies involving cells obtained from patients treated with topotecan suggest that these preclinical ..
- EARLY RESPONSE OF CORNEAL EPITHELIUM TO UV-INDUCED DEATHLuo Lu; Fiscal Year: 2004..is that suppression of K+ channel activity with 4-aminopyridine could not protect corneal epithelial cells from etoposide-induced apoptosis...
- Novel human gene-IG20-potential role in cancer therapyBellur Prabhakar; Fiscal Year: 2009..Over-expression of DENN-SV enhances proliferation and resistance to apoptosis induced by TNF-alpha, TRAIL, etoposide, vinblastine and gamma-radiation...
- PTH STIMULATED BONE FORMATIONROBERT JILKA; Fiscal Year: 2004..In vitro studies indicated that PTH inhibited the apoptosis of osteoblastic cells induced by etoposide via cAMP-mediated intracellular signaling events, and the PTH inhibited osteoblast apoptosis caused by loss of ..
- VP-16/BRYOSTATIN 1 FOR TREATMENT OF RESISTANT LEUKEMIAJack Yalowich; Fiscal Year: 1999..objective of this project is to characterize the clinical mechanism(s) of resistance to the anti-cancer agents etoposide (VP-16) and to implement a strategy to overcome resistance...
- TARGETING THE CXCR4-SDF1 AXIS AS THERAPY FOR RELAPSED/REFRACTORY AMLJohn F DiPersio; Fiscal Year: 2010..AMD3100 will be administered immediately prior to mitoxantrone-etoposide-high dose Ara-C (MEC) salvage chemotherapy, thus sensitizing the AML blasts to MEC chemotherapy...
- PRAJA-1: A NOVEL ANTI-APOPTOSIS RING FINGER PROTEINLopa Mishra; Fiscal Year: 2003..also test whether apoptotic stimuli produced by different xenobiotic agents such as calphostin C, methotrexate etoposide and mitomycin...
- Characterization of Fortilin, A Novel Anti-p53 ProteinKenichi Fujise; Fiscal Year: 2005..4) Fortilin binds p53. (5) The overexpression prevents of fortilin prevents cells from undergoing etoposide-induced apoptosis...
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF EPIPODOPHYLLOTOXIN ANTITUMOR DRUGSMichael Jung; Fiscal Year: 1980..Studies on this approach, as well as several others, are continuing...
- OXIDATIVE STRESS, APOPTOSIS AND DRUG RESISTANCEIstvan Boldogh; Fiscal Year: 2003..breaks in the mitochondrial and nuclear DNA induced by DNA cross-linking agents and DNA topoisomerase inhibitor, etoposide. To test our hypothesis the specific aims are: (1) to examine whether depletion of GSH from the mitochondria is ..
- LARGE SCALE DIGITAL CELL ANALYSIS SYSTEMMichael Mackey; Fiscal Year: 2004..Cell growth and death as a result of exposure of human tumor cells to Etoposide, a chemotherapeutic agent, will be analyzed using digital images produced by LSDCAS, in order to determine the ..
- Molecular Mechanisms in the Treatment of NeuroblastomaValerie Castle; Fiscal Year: 2005..A particular emphasis is placed on signaling activated by Doxorubicin (Dox) and etoposide (VP16). Dox and VP16 are presently used in all active treatment protocols for NB...
- Phase II Trial of Tetrathiomolybdate in Prostate CancerDavid Smith; Fiscal Year: 2002..The levels of these growth factors/cytokines will then be correlated with the degree of copper depletion, PSA level and response to therapy. ..