Genomes and Genes
Summary: An aminoglycoside, broad-spectrum antibiotic produced by Streptomyces tenebrarius. It is effective against gram-negative bacteria, especially the PSEUDOMONAS species. It is a 10% component of the antibiotic complex, NEBRAMYCIN, produced by the same species.
Publications284 found, 100 shown here
- Contributions of antibiotic penetration, oxygen limitation, and low metabolic activity to tolerance of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms to ciprofloxacin and tobramycinMarshall C Walters
Center for Biofilm Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, Montana State University Bozeman, Bozeman, Montana 59717 3980, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:317-23. 2003..b>Tobramycin and ciprofloxacin penetrated biofilms but failed to effectively kill the bacteria...
- Synergistic antibacterial efficacy of early combination treatment with tobramycin and quorum-sensing inhibitors against Pseudomonas aeruginosa in an intraperitoneal foreign-body infection mouse modelLouise D Christensen
Department of International Health, Immunology and Microbiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:1198-206. 2012Quorum sensing (QS)-deficient Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms formed in vitro are more susceptible to tobramycin than QS-proficient P...
- Fosfomycin/tobramycin for inhalation in patients with cystic fibrosis with pseudomonas airway infectionBruce C Trapnell
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, OH 45229, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 185:171-8. 2012Fosfomycin/tobramycin for inhalation (FTI), a unique, broad-spectrum antibiotic combination, may have therapeutic potential for patients with cystic fibrosis (CF).
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics induce bacterial biofilm formationLucas R Hoffman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nature 436:1171-5. 2005..cells with a mutation changing a predicted catalytic residue of Arr were defective in their biofilm response to tobramycin. Furthermore, tobramycin-inducible biofilm formation was inhibited by exogenous GTP, which is known to inhibit c-..
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa tolerance to tobramycin, hydrogen peroxide and polymorphonuclear leukocytes is quorum-sensing dependentThomas Bjarnsholt
Centre for Biomedical Microbiology, BioCentrum, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
Microbiology 151:373-83. 2005..QS is blocked either by mutation or by administration of QS inhibitory drugs are sensitive to treatment with tobramycin and H2O2, and are readily phagocytosed by PMNs, in contrast to bacteria with functional QS systems...
- Tobramycin and FDA-approved iron chelators eliminate Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms on cystic fibrosis cellsSophie Moreau-Marquis
Department of Physiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 41:305-13. 2009..investigated whether the FDA-approved iron chelators deferoxamine and deferasirox would enhance the ability of tobramycin, the primary antibiotic used to treat CF lung infections, to eliminate P. aeruginosa biofilms...
- Incidence and risk factors for multiple antibiotic-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosisChristian A Merlo
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 E Monument St Fifth Floor, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Chest 132:562-8. 2007..The main objective of the study was to estimate the incidence and identify risk factors for the acquisition of MARPA among individuals with CF...
- Resistance emergence mechanism and mechanism of resistance suppression by tobramycin for cefepime for Pseudomonas aeruginosaG L Drusano
Ordway Research Institute, Albany, New York, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:231-42. 2012..Addition of a β-lactamase inhibitor suppressed resistance even with the stably derepressed isolate. Tobramycin combination studies demonstrated resistance suppression in both the wild-type and the stably derepressed ..
- Involvement of a novel efflux system in biofilm-specific resistance to antibioticsLi Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, 451 Smyth Road, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1N 8J2
J Bacteriol 190:4447-52. 2008..aeruginosa PA14 background results in an increase in sensitivity to tobramycin, gentamicin, and ciprofloxacin, specifically when this mutant strain is growing in a biofilm...
- Involvement of an ATP-dependent protease, PA0779/AsrA, in inducing heat shock in response to tobramycin in Pseudomonas aeruginosaKristen N Kindrachuk
Centre for Microbial Diseases and Immunity Research, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, No 232, 2259 Lower Mall, Lower Mall Research Station, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z4, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1874-82. 2011..aeruginosa to lethal, inhibitory, and subinhibitory concentrations of tobramycin under aerobic and anaerobic conditions...
- Comparison of the next-generation aminoglycoside plazomicin to gentamicin, tobramycin and amikacinGeorge G Zhanel
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada ca
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 10:459-73. 2012....
- Adaptive resistance to benzalkonium chloride, amikacin and tobramycin: the effect on susceptibility to other antimicrobialsJ A Joynson
Kings College London, Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire, UK
J Appl Microbiol 93:96-107. 2002..strains of antimicrobial-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa via adaptation to benzalkonium chloride, amikacin and tobramycin and to then examine the incidence, or otherwise, of cross-resistance between antibiotics and between antibiotics ..
- RpoS plays a central role in the SOS induction by sub-lethal aminoglycoside concentrations in Vibrio choleraeZeynep Baharoglu
Institut Pasteur, Unité Plasticité du Génome Bactérien, Département Génomes et Génétique, Paris, France
PLoS Genet 9:e1003421. 2013..cholerae and why they do not do so in E. coli. We found that when bacteria are grown with tobramycin at a concentration 100-fold below the MIC, intracellular reactive oxygen species strongly increase in V...
- EPR studies of free radicals decay and survival in gamma irradiated aminoglycoside antibiotics: sisomicin, tobramycin and paromomycinSławomir Wilczyński
Department of Biophysics, School of Pharmacy, Medical University of Silesia, Jednosci 8, 41 200 Sosnowiec, Poland
Eur J Pharm Sci 45:251-62. 2012..Free radicals in radiative sterilized sisomicin, tobramycin and paromomycin were studied by electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) spectroscopy...
- Tobramycin at subinhibitory concentration inhibits the RhlI/R quorum sensing system in a Pseudomonas aeruginosa environmental isolateFedora Babic
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Zagreb, Croatia
BMC Infect Dis 10:148. 2010..A few studies have demonstrated the effect of tobramycin as a signal molecule on gene expression at the transcriptional level and its effect on bacterial physiology and ..
- Colistin-tobramycin combinations are superior to monotherapy concerning the killing of biofilm Pseudomonas aeruginosaGloria Herrmann
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Universitatsklinikum, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Infect Dis 202:1585-92. 2010..We tested the ability of colistin sulphate-tobramycin combinations and single antibiotics to kill P. aeruginosa biofilms.
- A randomised clinical trial of nebulised tobramycin or colistin in cystic fibrosisM E Hodson
Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, London, UK
Eur Respir J 20:658-64. 2002..The purpose of this trial was to assess the efficacy and safety of tobramycin nebuliser solution (TNS) and nebulised colistin in CF patients chronically infected with P. aeruginosa...
- Safety, efficacy and convenience of tobramycin inhalation powder in cystic fibrosis patients: The EAGER trialMichael W Konstan
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Cyst Fibros 10:54-61. 2011A light-porous-particle, dry-powder formulation of tobramycin was developed, using PulmoSphere® technology, to improve airway delivery efficiency, substantially reduce delivery time, and improve patient convenience and satisfaction...
- Arginine or nitrate enhances antibiotic susceptibility of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in biofilmsGiorgia Borriello
Center for Biofilm Engineering and Department of Clinical Engineering, Montana State University Bozeman, 409 Cobleigh Hall, Bozeman, Montana 59717 3980, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:382-4. 2006Arginine enhanced the killing of Pseudomonas aeruginosa by ciprofloxacin and tobramycin under anaerobic, but not aerobic, growth conditions...
- Effects of loteprednol/tobramycin versus dexamethasone/tobramycin on intraocular pressure in healthy volunteersEdward J Holland
Cincinnati Eye Institute and University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Cornea 27:50-5. 2008To compare the steroid-induced intraocular pressure (IOP) and other ocular adverse effects of loteprednol etabonate 0.5% and tobramycin 0.3% ophthalmic suspension with those of dexamethasone 0.1% and tobramycin 0.3% ophthalmic suspension.
- Long-term benefits of inhaled tobramycin in adolescent patients with cystic fibrosisRichard B Moss
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304 5786, USA
Chest 121:55-63. 2002..To determine the effect of long-term suppression of Pseudomonas aeruginosa on lung function and other clinical end points in adolescent patients with cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- Effect of a single dose of tobramycin on systemic inflammatory response-induced acute kidney injury in a 6-hour porcine modelMiklos Lipcsey
Section of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Department of Surgical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Crit Care Med 37:2782-90. 2009To evaluate whether the addition of tobramycin further compromises renal function in inflammatory response-induced acute kidney injury. Effective antibiotic treatment in septic shock is crucial for the outcome...
- Differing effects of combination chemotherapy with meropenem and tobramycin on cell kill and suppression of resistance of wild-type Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 and its isogenic MexAB efflux pump-overexpressed mutantG L Drusano
Ordway Research Institute, 150 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2266-73. 2009..The suppression of resistance requires greater drug exposure. We examined the combination of meropenem and tobramycin for kill and resistance suppression (wild-type Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 and its isogenic MexAB-overexpressed ..
- Adherence with tobramycin inhaled solution and health care utilizationBecky A Briesacher
University of Massachusetts Medical School and Meyers Primary Care Institute, Worcester, MA, USA
BMC Pulm Med 11:5. 2011Adherence with tobramycin inhalation solution (TIS) during routine cystic fibrosis (CF) care may differ from recommended guidelines and affect health care utilization.
- Long-term benefits of inhaled tobramycin in children with cystic fibrosis: first clinical observations from PolandIwona Stelmach
Department of Pediatrics and Allergy, N Copernicus Hospital, Lodz, Poland
Respiration 75:178-81. 2008..Respiratory disease is the major cause of mortality in cystic fibrosis (CF) patients and inhaled antibiotic therapy may contribute to the stabilization of lung function...
- Neutrophil enhancement of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm development: human F-actin and DNA as targets for therapyQuinn M Parks
Department of Medicine, National Jewish Health, 1400 Jackson, Denver, CO, USA
J Med Microbiol 58:492-502. 2009..aeruginosa. Neutrophil F-actin represents a potential new therapeutic target for disruption of pathogenic biofilms...
- Sputum tobramycin concentrations in cystic fibrosis patients with repeated administration of inhaled tobramycinJennifer Ruddy
Department of Pediatrics, Seattle Children s Hospital and University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 26:69-75. 2013Dosing of tobramycin solution for inhalation (TSI) in cystic fibrosis (CF) patients was based on single-dose pharmacokinetic studies...
- In vitro activities of the novel ceragenin CSA-13, alone or in combination with colistin, tobramycin, and ciprofloxacin, against Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains isolated from cystic fibrosis patientsCagla Bozkurt-Guzel
Department of Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Istanbul University, Turkey
Chemotherapy 57:505-10. 2011..Among them CSA-13, a cationic steroid molecule, mimics the activity of naturally occurring antimicrobial peptides...
- The effect of adding tobramycin to Simplex P cement on femoral stem micromotion as measured by radiostereometric analysis: a 2-year randomized controlled trialEric Bohm
Concordia Joint Replacement Group, Concordia Hip and Knee Institute, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Acta Orthop 83:115-20. 2012..However, no clinical studies have compared the performance of tobramycin-laden bone cement with that of standard bone cement (Simplex P).
- Variants of the gentamicin and tobramycin resistance plasmid pRAY are widely distributed in AcinetobacterMohammad Hamidian
School of Molecular Bioscience, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:2833-6. 2012To determine the cause of resistance to the aminoglycosides gentamicin and tobramycin in Acinetobacter isolates and the location of the resistance genes.
- Interaction between tobramycin and CSA-13 on clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a model of young and mature biofilmsCarole Nagant
Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique et Médicale et de Microbiologie Pharmaceutique, Institut de Pharmacie, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 88:251-63. 2010..eight strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa (both reference and clinical strains) and compared with the response to tobramycin. In planktonic cultures, the minimal inhibitory and minimal bactericidal concentrations of CSA-13 and tobramycin ..
- Dose-dependent effects of topical tobramycin in an animal model of Pseudomonas sinusitisMarcelo B Antunes
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Division of Rhinology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Am J Rhinol 21:423-7. 2007..Despite their popularity, there is limited data in the literature to support its use. This study is the first to examine the effects of topical tobramycin in an animal model of Pseudomonas sinusitis.
- Antimicrobial activity of fosfomycin and tobramycin in combination against cystic fibrosis pathogens under aerobic and anaerobic conditionsGerard McCaughey
CF and Airways Microbiology Research Group, Queen s University Belfast, United Kingdom
J Cyst Fibros 11:163-72. 2012..There is a need for new antibiotics or combination of antibiotics that possess activity against increasingly resistant cystic fibrosis (CF) respiratory pathogens such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa and MRSA...
- In vitro evaluation of tobramycin and aztreonam versus Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms on cystic fibrosis-derived human airway epithelial cellsQianru Yu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:2673-81. 2012..Here we investigated the effect of aztreonam alone or in combination with tobramycin on P. aeruginosa biofilms grown on CF airway epithelial cells.
- 3-day treatment with azithromycin 1.5% eye drops versus 7-day treatment with tobramycin 0.3% for purulent bacterial conjunctivitis: multicentre, randomised and controlled trial in adults and childrenIsabelle Cochereau
Service d Ophtalmologie, CHU d Angers, 4, rue Larrey, 49033 Angers, France
Br J Ophthalmol 91:465-9. 2007To compare the efficacy and safety of Azyter, azithromycin 1.5% eye drops, for 3 days with tobramycin 0.3% for 7 days to treat purulent bacterial conjunctivitis.
- Class 1 integron-associated tobramycin-gentamicin resistance in Campylobacter jejuni isolated from the broiler chicken house environmentMargie D Lee
Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology Athens Diagnostic Laboratory Department of Environmental Health Sciences, The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3660-4. 2002..DNA sequencing demonstrated that all five isolates possessed the aminoglycoside resistance gene, aacA4...
- Alginate overproduction affects Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm structure and functionM Hentzer
Department of Microbiology, Technical University of Denmark, 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
J Bacteriol 183:5395-401. 2001..strain exhibit a highly structured architecture and are significantly more resistant to the antibiotic tobramycin than a biofilm formed by an isogenic nonmucoid strain...
- Thiolated chitosans: development and in vitro evaluation of an oral tobramycin sulphate delivery systemJuliane Hombach
Institute of Pharmacy, Leopold Franzens University Innsbruck, Innrain 52, Josef Moller Haus, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Pharm Sci 33:1-8. 2008The aim of the present study was to develop and evaluate an oral delivery system for tobramycin sulphate intended to improve the oral bioavailability...
- Comparison of the effects of macrolides, amoxicillin, ceftriaxone, doxycycline, tobramycin and fluoroquinolones, on the production of pneumolysin by Streptococcus pneumoniae in vitroR Anderson
Medical Research Council MRC Unit for Inflammation and Immunity, Department of Immunology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Pretoria, and Tshwane Academic Division of the National Health Laboratory Service, South Africa
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:1155-8. 2007..azithromycin, clarithromycin, erythromycin, telithromycin, clindamycin, ciprofloxacin, moxifloxacin, tobramycin and doxycycline on pneumolysin production by a macrolide-susceptible strain and two macrolide-resistant strains [..
- Reduced mortality in cystic fibrosis patients treated with tobramycin inhalation solutionGregory S Sawicki
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 47:44-52. 2012Though tobramycin inhalation solution has been used for over a decade to improve lung function and reduce exacerbations in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF), its effects on mortality have not been well-described...
- Preparation and characterization of spray-dried tobramycin powders containing nanoparticles for pulmonary deliveryGabrielle Pilcer
Laboratory of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Int J Pharm 365:162-9. 2009..Spray-drying was applied in order to retrieve nanoparticles in dried-powder state from tobramycin nanosuspensions...
- Cationic amphiphiles increase activity of aminoglycoside antibiotic tobramycin in the presence of airway polyelectrolytesKirstin R Purdy Drew
Departments of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:486-93. 2009..In this work, we use synchrotron small-angle X-ray scattering to investigate the interaction between tobramycin, an aminoglycoside antibiotic commonly administered to CF patients via inhalation, with DNA, which is found in ..
- A pilot study of the safety and efficacy of tobramycin solution for inhalation in patients with severe bronchiectasisPaul Scheinberg
Atlanta Pulmonary Group, 5667 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Suite 350, Atlanta, GA 30350, USA
Chest 127:1420-6. 2005To evaluate the efficacy and safety of tobramycin solution for inhalation (TSI) in patients with severe bronchiectasis.
- Serum tobramycin levels following delivery of tobramycin (Tobi) via eFlow advanced nebuliser in children with cystic fibrosisE L Guy
Leeds Regional Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Centre, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, LS9 7TF, United Kingdom
J Cyst Fibros 9:292-5. 2010Safety and toxicity data for nebulised tobramycin are mainly derived from use of the Pari LC Plus nebuliser, yet many centres are now using advanced nebulisers, such as the eFlow.
- Local delivery of tobramycin from injectable biodegradable polyurethane scaffoldsAndrea E Hafeman
Department of Chemical Engineering, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, VU Station B 351604, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 21:95-112. 2010..In this study, injectable PUR scaffolds incorporating tobramycin were prepared by reactive liquid molding...
- NMR resonance assignments of an engineered neomycin-sensing riboswitch RNA bound to ribostamycin and tobramycinSina R Schmidtke
Institut für Molekulare Biowissenschaften, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität Frankfurt M, Max von Laue Str 9, 60438 Frankfurt, Germany
Biomol NMR Assign 4:115-8. 2010..the (1)H, (15)N, (13)C and partial (31)P chemical shift assignments for the minimal functional 27nt neomycin sensing riboswitch RNA in complex with the 4,5-linked neomycin analog ribostamycin and the 4,6-linked aminoglycoside tobramycin.
- Pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of aerosolized tobramycin in cystic fibrosisDavid E Geller
Nemours Children s Clinic, Division of Pulmonology, Orlando, FL 32806, USA
Chest 122:219-26. 2002To describe the pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of inhaled tobramycin (TOBI; Chiron Corporation; Seattle, WA), 300-mg dose, delivered by a nebulizer (PARI LC Plus; Pari Respiratory; Richmond, VA) and a compressor (Pulmo-Aide, model ..
- Comparison of the safety and efficacy of loteprednol 0.5%/tobramycin 0.3% with dexamethasone 0.1%/tobramycin 0.3% in the treatment of blepharokeratoconjunctivitisEric M White
Complete Family Vision Care, San Diego, CA, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:287-96. 2008This study compared the safety and efficacy of loteprednol etabonate 0.5%/tobramycin 0.3% (LE/T; Zylet) with dexamethasone 0.1%/tobramycin 0...
- Pharmacokinetics and safety of tobramycin administered by the PARI eFlow rapid nebulizer in cystic fibrosisDominique Hubert
CRCM adultes, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, France
J Cyst Fibros 8:332-7. 2009Nebulization times have been identified as an issue in patient compliance with tobramycin solution for inhalation (TSI) therapy in cystic fibrosis (CF).
- Treatment with tobramycin solution for inhalation reduces hospitalizations in young CF subjects with mild lung diseaseTimothy D Murphy
Pulmonology Division, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 38:314-20. 2004Our objective was to study the effect of tobramycin solution for inhalation (TSI; TOBI, Chiron Corp.) on lung function decline rate in 400 young persons with cystic fibrosis (CF) and mild lung disease...
- In vitro analysis of tobramycin-treated Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms on cystic fibrosis-derived airway epithelial cellsGregory G Anderson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Infect Immun 76:1423-33. 2008..Treatment of P. aeruginosa biofilms with tobramycin reduced the virulence of the biofilms both by reducing bacterial numbers and by altering virulence gene ..
- Targeting a bacterial stress response to enhance antibiotic actionSamuel Lee
Departments of Genome Sciences and Medicine and Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:14570-5. 2009..in a screen of a comprehensive, defined transposon mutant library for functions whose inactivation increased tobramycin sensitivity...
- Efficacy of the combination of tobramycin and a macrolide in an in vitro Pseudomonas aeruginosa mature biofilm modelMarie Tre-Hardy
Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique et Médicale et de Microbiologie Pharmaceutique, Institut de Pharmacie, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, CP 205 02, Bd du Triomphe, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:4409-15. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare the antimicrobial effects in vitro of the combinations tobramycin-clarithromycin and tobramycin-azithromycin against five P...
- Development of an inhaled dry-powder formulation of tobramycin using PulmoSphere™ technologyDavid E Geller
Aerosol Research Laboratory and Cystic Fibrosis Center, Nemours Children s Clinic, Orlando, Florida
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 24:175-82. 2011..characteristics of PulmoSphere technology, focusing on the development of a dry powder formulation of tobramycin for the treatment of chronic pulmonary Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pa) infection in CF patients...
- Enhancement of antimicrobial activity against pseudomonas aeruginosa by coadministration of G10KHc and tobramycinRandal Eckert
UCLA School of Dentistry, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1668, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3833-8. 2006..aeruginosa. G10KHc was found to be highly active (as active as tobramycin) against P. aeruginosa clinical isolates...
- Evaluation of clinical efficacy and safety of tobramycin/dexamethasone ophthalmic suspension 0.3%/0.05% compared to azithromycin ophthalmic solution 1% in the treatment of moderate to severe acute blepharitis/blepharoconjunctivitisGail L Torkildsen
Andover Eye Associates, Andover, MA 01810, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:171-8. 2011To evaluate the clinical efficacy and safety of tobramycin/dexamethasone (TobraDex ST ; 'ST') ophthalmic suspension 0.3%/0...
- Antibacterial activities of a fosfomycin/tobramycin combination: a novel inhaled antibiotic for bronchiectasisDavid L MacLeod
Gilead Sciences, Inc, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:829-36. 2009To compare the in vitro and in vivo activities of a 4:1 (w/w) fosfomycin/tobramycin combination (FTI) with those of fosfomycin and tobramycin alone against cystic fibrosis (CF) and non-CF bronchiectasis pathogens.
- Aminoglycoside-resistance mechanisms for cystic fibrosis Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates are unchanged by long-term, intermittent, inhaled tobramycin treatmentD L MacLeod
Department of Research Biology, PathoGenesis Corp, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
J Infect Dis 181:1180-4. 2000..in Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from cystic fibrosis (CF) patients during a recent clinical trial of inhaled tobramycin. Impermeability, in which bacteria have reduced susceptibility to all aminoglycosides, was the predominant mode ..
- Isolation and characterization of the tobramycin biosynthetic gene cluster from Streptomyces tenebrariusMadan Kumar Kharel
Institute of Biomolecule Reconstruction, Sun Moon University, 100, Kalsan ri, Tangjeong myeon, Asansi, Chungnam 336 708, South Korea
FEMS Microbiol Lett 230:185-90. 2004The biosynthetic gene cluster for tobramycin, a 2-deoxystreptamine-containing aminoglycoside antibiotic, was isolated from Streptomyces tenebrarius ATCC 17920. A genomic library of S...
- Prevention of infection with tobramycin-containing bone cement or systemic cefazolin in an animal modelM W Nijhof
Department of Orthopaedics, G05 228, University Medical Center Utrecht, PO Box 85500, NL 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biomed Mater Res 52:709-15. 2000We investigated in an animal model the efficacy of tobramycin-containing bone cement and systemic cefazolin for infection prophylaxis...
- Comparison of in vivo intrinsic activity of cefepime and imipenem in a Pseudomonas aeruginosa rabbit endocarditis model: effect of combination with tobramycin simulating human serum pharmacokineticsDominique Navas
Laboratoire d Antibiologie UPRES EA 1156, UER de Medecine, 1 rue Gaston Veil, 44035 Nantes Cedex 01, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:767-71. 2004..Secondly, we studied the effect of combining therapy with tobramycin.
- Endotoxin neutralization and anti-inflammatory effects of tobramycin and ceftazidime in porcine endotoxin shockGunilla Goscinski
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Crit Care 8:R35-41. 2004..The aim of the present study was to investigate whether the biological effects of endotoxin in a porcine model could be neutralized by tobramycin, and whether tobramycin or ceftazidime was able to modulate the inflammatory response.
- Transmucosal transport of tobramycin incorporated in solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN) after duodenal administration to rats. Part II--tissue distributionA Bargoni
Pharmacol Res 43:497-502. 2001b>Tobramycin-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles (SLN) were prepared and administered by duodenal and intravenous (i.v...
- Synergism and postantibiotic effect of tobramycin and Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil against Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coliManuela D'Arrigo
Pharmaco Biological Department, University of Messina, Vill SS Annunziata 98168 Messina, Italy
Phytomedicine 17:317-22. 2010..We investigated the effectiveness in vitro of the association between tobramycin and tea tree oil (TTO) against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria...
- Interaction of neomycin, tobramycin and amikacin with melanin in vitro in relation to aminoglycosides-induced ototoxicityE Buszman
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Medical University of Silesia, Sosnowiec, Poland
Pharmazie 62:210-5. 2007..The binding of neomycin, tobramycin and amikacin to model synthetic melanin was studied...
- Tobramycin Nebulizer Solution in severe COPD patients colonized with Pseudomonas aeruginosa: effects on bronchial inflammationRoberto Dal Negro
UOC di Pneumologia, Ospedale Orlandi, Bussolengo, Verona, Italy
Adv Ther 25:1019-30. 2008..Inhaled Tobramycin Nebulizer Solution (TNS; a preservative-free formulation) is an effective therapy in chronic P aeruginosa ..
- Tobramycin inhalation powder manufactured by improved process in cystic fibrosis: the randomized EDIT trialIvanka Galeva
Pediatric Clinic, UMHAT Alexandrovska, Sofia, Bulgaria
Curr Med Res Opin 29:947-56. 2013b>Tobramycin inhalation powder (TIP) was reported to be effective in two Phase III studies in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) chronically infected with Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pa)...
- Efficacy of once-daily tobramycin monotherapy for acute pulmonary exacerbations of cystic fibrosis: a preliminary studyV Master
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Adelaide Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Pediatr Pulmonol 31:367-76. 2001Our objective was to compare the efficacy, safety, and microbiology of once-daily intravenous (IV) tobramycin with conventional 8-hourly tobramycin/ceftazidime IV therapy for acute Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA) pulmonary exacerbations in ..
- Disposable versus reusable jet nebulizers for cystic fibrosis treatment with tobramycinLaurent Vecellio
Aerodrug, Tours, F 37000, France
J Cyst Fibros 10:86-92. 2011Jet nebulizers are commonly used to administer aerosolized tobramycin to CF patients. The aim of this study was to assess the performance of disposable jet nebulizers as an alternative to reusable nebulizers such as the Pari LC Plus.
- Evaluation of the in vivo efficacy of topical tobramycin against Pseudomonas sinonasal biofilmsAlexander G Chiu
Division of Rhinology, Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:1130-4. 2007..This is the first study to evaluate the effects of a topical antibiotic on Pseudomonas biofilms in an animal model of sinusitis...
- Formulation and characterization of lipid-coated tobramycin particles for dry powder inhalationGabrielle Pilcer
Laboratory of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Pharm Res 23:931-40. 2006..This study was conducted to develop and evaluate the physicochemical and aerodynamic characteristics of lipid-coated dry powder formulations presenting particularly high lung deposition...
- Effect of oxygen limitation on the in vitro antimicrobial susceptibility of clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa grown planktonically and as biofilmsT R Field
Clinical and Practice Research Group, School of Pharmacy, Queen s University Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast, BT9 7BL, UK
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 24:677-87. 2005..However, tobramycin was less effective at inhibiting planktonic bacterial growth under anaerobic conditions, with the MIC50 of ..
- Sputum antibiotic concentrations: implications for treatment of cystic fibrosis lung infectionT F Moriarty
The Clinical and Practice Research Group, School of Pharmacy, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, UK
Pediatr Pulmonol 42:1008-17. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine whether PDIs associated with clinical effectiveness for ceftazidime and tobramycin were achieved at the site of infection in the lungs of cystic fibrosis (CF) patients following intravenous ..
- Anti-inflammatory effects of tobramycin and a copper-tobramycin complex with superoxide dismutase-like activityM Gziut
Institute of Biomedical and Biomolecular Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth, UK
Br J Pharmacol 168:1165-81. 2013..CF patients are routinely treated with systemic or inhaled tobramycin for airway infection with Pseudomonas aeruginosa...
- Aerosolized recombinant human lysozyme enhances the bactericidal effect of tobramycin in a hamster model of Pseudomonas aeruginosa-induced pneumoniaTapan Bhavsar
Department of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences, St John s University, New York, New York, USA
Exp Lung Res 37:536-41. 2011..current investigation, our laboratory tested the hypothesis that aerosolized rhLZ can potentiate the effects of tobramycin (TBMN), thereby reducing the effective dose of this agent in the treatment of PA-induced pneumonia...
- Comparison of the antimicrobial effects of chlorine, silver ion, and tobramycin on biofilmJaeeun Kim
School of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Seoul National University, Sillim dong, Gwanak Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1446-53. 2008..Three different antimicrobial agents (chlorine, silver, and tobramycin) and three different methods for the measurement of membrane integrity (plate counts, the measurement of ..
- Novel genetic determinants of low-level aminoglycoside resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosaKristen N Schurek
Centre for Microbial Diseases and Immunity Research, University of British Columbia, Room 232, 2259 Lower Mall, Lower Mall Research Station, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T1Z4, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:4213-9. 2008..library, consisting of approximately 5,800 mutants, was screened for twofold or greater increases in tobramycin resistance...
- Controlling Pseudomonas aeruginosa persister cells by weak electrochemical currents and synergistic effects with tobramycinTagbo H R Niepa
Department of Biomedical and Chemical Engineering, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244, USA
Biomaterials 33:7356-65. 2012..5 μg/mL tobramycin together using SS304 electrodes...
- In vitro activities of quinolones, beta-lactams, tobramycin, and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole against nonfermentative gram-negative bacilliR J Fass
Department of Internal Medicine, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus 43210, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 40:1412-8. 1996..ampicillin-sulbactam, piperacillin, piperacillin-tazobactam, ceftazidime, cefoperazone, ceftriaxone, imipenem, tobramycin, and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (TMP-SMZ) were determined for 308 isolates, representing 13 species, by a ..
- Fosfomycin enhances the active transport of tobramycin in Pseudomonas aeruginosaDavid L MacLeod
Gilead Sciences, Inc, Seattle, Washington, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:1529-38. 2012..In these studies, we demonstrate that fosfomycin synergistically enhances the activity of tobramycin in the presence of mucin...
- Breakpoints for predicting Pseudomonas aeruginosa susceptibility to inhaled tobramycin in cystic fibrosis patients: use of high-range Etest stripsMaría I Morosini
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 43:4480-5. 2005Inhaled administration of tobramycin assures high concentrations in cystic fibrotic lungs, improving the therapeutic ratio over that of parenteral tobramycin levels, particularly against Pseudomonas aeruginosa...
- Electrolytic generation of oxygen partially explains electrical enhancement of tobramycin efficacy against Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilmP S Stewart
Center for Biofilm Engineering, Montana State University Bozeman 59717 3980, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:292-6. 1999..oxygen, hydrogen, and heat, in mediating electrical enhancement of killing of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms by tobramycin (the bioelectric effect) was investigated...
- Serum cystatin C for the prediction of glomerular filtration rate with regard to the dose adjustment of amikacin, gentamicin, tobramycin, and vancomycinJesus Hermida
Laboratorio Central, Hospital Clinico Universitario, 15706 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Ther Drug Monit 28:326-31. 2006..In 130 hospitalized patients who were administered amikacin, gentamicin, tobramycin, and vancomycin by intermittent intravenous infusion, we compared the predicted GFR values from the serum ..
- Optimization of capillary electrophoresis method with contactless conductivity detection for the analysis of tobramycin and its related substancesMohamed Nouri El-Attug
Laboratory for Pharmaceutical Analysis, Faculteit Farmaceutische Wetenschappen, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, O and N 2, PB 923, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Pharm Biomed Anal 58:49-57. 2012A method was validated and optimized to determine tobramycin (TOB) and its related substances. TOB is an aminoglycoside antibiotic which lacks a strong UV absorbing chromophore or fluorophore...
- Efficacy of liposomal bismuth-ethanedithiol-loaded tobramycin after intratracheal administration in rats with pulmonary Pseudomonas aeruginosa infectionMoayad Alhariri
Novel Drug and Vaccine Delivery Systems Facility, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, ON, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:569-78. 2013..as well as the in vivo antimicrobial activity of bismuth-ethanedithiol incorporated into a liposome-loaded tobramycin formulation (LipoBiEDT-TOB) administered to rats chronically infected with P. aeruginosa...
- Outpatient treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosa bronchial colonization with long-term inhaled colistin, tobramycin, or both in adults without cystic fibrosisDavid Berlana
Departments of Pharmacy, Bellvitge University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacotherapy 31:146-57. 2011..outcomes in adults without cystic fibrosis who had Pseudomonas aeruginosa bronchial colonization and were receiving inhaled colistin or colistin plus tobramycin with those who were receiving inhaled tobramycin as outpatient treatment.
- Safety and effectiveness of colistin compared with tobramycin for multi-drug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii infectionsRonald Gounden
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
BMC Infect Dis 9:26. 2009..Nosocomial infections due to multi-drug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii are often treated with colistin, but there are few data comparing its safety and efficacy with other antimicrobials...
- Ketorolac plus tobramycin/dexamethasone versus tobramycin/dexamethasone after uneventful phacoemulsification surgery: a randomized controlled trialIrini P Chatziralli
Department of Ophthalmology, Veroia General Hospital, 28 Papanastasiou Street, Veroia, Greece
Ophthalmologica 225:89-94. 2011....
- Attenuation of Pseudomonas aeruginosa virulence factors and biofilms by co-encapsulation of bismuth-ethanedithiol with tobramycin in liposomesMisagh Alipour
The Novel Drug and Vaccine Delivery Systems Facility, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, P3E 2C6, Canada
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:684-93. 2010This study examined the activities of tobramycin and bismuth against quorum sensing, virulence factors and biofilms of Pseudomonas aeruginosa by co-encapsulating the agents in liposomes in order to achieve greater delivery of the agents.
- Resistance to tobramycin and colistin in isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa from chronically colonized patients with cystic fibrosis under antimicrobial treatmentGiuseppe Valenza
Institute of Hygiene and Microbiology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Scand J Infect Dis 42:885-9. 2010b>Tobramycin and colistin represent 2 standard antimicrobial agents in the treatment of cystic fibrosis (CF) patients who are chronically colonized with Pseudomonas aeruginosa...
- Prophylaxis of catheter-related bacteremia using tissue plasminogen activator-tobramycin locksAli Mirza Onder
West Virginia University, WVU HSC, Morgantown, 26506 9214, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 24:2233-43. 2009This retrospective study was designed to investigate the effectiveness of tissue plasminogen activator-tobramycin antibiotic lock solutions (TPA/tobra ABLs) for prophylaxis of catheter-related bacteremia (CRB) in high-risk children on ..
- Open follow-up study of tobramycin nebuliser solution and colistin in patients with cystic fibrosisDavid Adeboyeku
Department of Cystic Fibrosis, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London, UK
J Cyst Fibros 5:261-3. 2006A previous study of tobramycin nebuliser solution (TNS) compared with colistin [C] in cystic fibrosis (CF) patients, chronically infected with pseudomonas, showed benefit for the TNS treated patients over one treatment cycle only...
- Pharmacoscintigraphic and pharmacokinetic evaluation of tobramycin DPI formulations in cystic fibrosis patientsGabrielle Pilcer
Laboratory of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 68:413-21. 2008b>Tobramycin dry powder formulations were evaluated by gamma scintigraphy and pharmacokinetic methods...
- Effects of antibiotics on morphologic characteristics and migration of canine corneal epithelial cells in tissue cultureD V Hendrix
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37901, USA
Am J Vet Res 62:1664-9. 2001..Cells treated with tobramycin and chloramphenicol grew similarly to control cells...
- In vitro efficacy of an ophthalmic drug combination against corneal pathogens of horsesNicole C Scotty
University of Florida Veterinary Medical Center, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Am J Vet Res 69:101-7. 2008..To evaluate the in vitro efficacy of an ophthalmic drug combination against common corneal pathogens of horses...
- In-vivo impact of the MexXY efflux system on aminoglycoside efficacy in an experimental model of Pseudomonas aeruginosa pneumonia treated with tobramycinB Martha
Division of Infectious Diseases, Hopital du Bocage, University Hospital, 21000 Dijon, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:426-32. 2006..MexXY efflux pump was investigated in vivo in an experimental model of PAP in rabbits treated with intravenous tobramycin. Three strains were used to induce PAP in rabbits: PAO1 (wild-type strain; MIC 1 mg/L), mutant 11B (mexX::Tn501; ..
- Pharmacokinetic studies on tobramycin in horsesH Hubenov
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Trakia University, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 30:353-7. 2007The objective of the study was to evaluate the pharmacokinetics of tobramycin in plasma and urine in the horse (n = 7) after intravenous administration of a dose of 4 mg/kg b.w...
- Ocular distribution, bactericidal activity and settling characteristics of TobraDex ST ophthalmic suspension compared with TobraDex ophthalmic suspensionStephen V Scoper
Virginia Eye Consultants, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Adv Ther 25:77-88. 2008TobraDex ophthalmic suspension (tobramycin 0.3%, dexamethasone 0.1%; Alcon Laboratories Inc, Fort Worth, Tex) is frequently used for inflammatory ocular conditions where a risk of bacterial ocular infection exists...
- Influence of gentamicin and tobramycin on binary biofilm formation by co-cultures of Burkholderia cepacia and Pseudomonas aeruginosaAmal G Al-Bakri
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, England, UK
J Basic Microbiol 45:392-6. 2005..Pans, containing established biofilms, were swapped between CDFFs. Biofilms were treated either for 5 days with tobramycin (0.3 mg/ml) prior to pan-swapping, or with gentamicin (1 mg/ml) immediately following pan-swapping...
- In vitro postantibiotic effect and postantibiotic leukocyte enhancement of tobramycinA Novelli
Department of Pharmacology, University of Florence, Italy
J Chemother 7:355-62. 1995The occurrence of a postantibiotic effect (PAE) and postantibiotic leukocyte enhancement (PALE) of tobramycin, a natural aminoglycoside clinically used since the early 1970s, has been investigated in comparison to gentamicin on recent ..
- Simple and sensitive method for quantification of low tobramycin concentrations in human plasma using HPLC-MS/MSMilly E Attema-de Jonge
Department of Pharmacy, Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis, Oosterpark 9, 1091 AC Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 862:257-62. 2008After oral administration of tobramycin, as part of selective decontamination of the digestive tract (SDD) in critically ill patients, absorption of tobramycin from the gut into the blood may take place...
- Use of Gallium to Prevent Pseudomonas Biofilm FormationBradley Britigan; Fiscal Year: 2005..aeruginosa biofilm formation and enhances its susceptibility to tobramycin. Gallium (Ca), a group IliA transition metal disrupts the Fe metabolism of many cell types...
- Antibiotic-mediated Adaptation of Pseudomonas aeruginosaLUCAS HOFFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..aeruginosa responds specifically to subinhibitory concentrations of the antibiotic tobramycin with increased biofilm formation. Tobramycin-induced biofilms are more resistant to further antibiotic challenge...
- Photodynamic Therapy of Localized InfectionsMichael R Hamblin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary data has shown that a sub-therapeutic regimen of tobramycin can synergistically combine with a PDT regimen mediated by a fullerene and white light to save mice from dying ..
- Aminoglycoside potentiators for P. aeruginosa therapyDonald T Moir; Fiscal Year: 2013..While P. aeruginosa exhibits an alarming variety of intrinsic drug resistances, aminoglycosides (AMGs) such as tobramycin and amikacin, are still effective in treating diseases caused by this pathogen, including CF and ventilator- ..
- Anti-biofilm agents for treating pulmonary infection in Cystic Fibrosis patientsLAURA MICHELLE GUOGAS; Fiscal Year: 2011..aeruginosa at low-micromolar concentrations and 2) working synergistically with tobramycin to stop growth of P. aeruginosa in broth culture...
- OPTIMIZE - CCC - Lead ApplicationBonnie W Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2013..children with CF and new onset Pa (the EPIC trial) demonstrated that an anti-pseudomonal treatment strategy with tobramycin inhalation solution (TIS) given only when respiratory cultures are positive for Pa leads to comparable clinical ..
- OPTIMIZE - DCCNicole Mayer Hamblett; Fiscal Year: 2013..children with CF and new onset Pa (the EPIC trial) demonstrated that an anti-pseudomonal treatment strategy with tobramycin inhalation solution (TIS) given only when respiratory cultures are positive for Pa leads to comparable clinical ..
- Antibacterial Perfluorocarbon Ventilation to Treat Severe Respiratory InfectionsKEITH ELLIOT COOK; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will then compare treatment of this infection with either 1) inhaled tobramycin alone, 2) perfluorocarbon ventilation followed by inhaled tobramycin, 3) perfluorocarbon ventilation with ..
- Enzymatic Therapies for Cystic Fibrosis BiofilmsPHILLIP J BRUMM; Fiscal Year: 2011..The optimal enzyme mixture will then be tested in combination with Tobramycin to test the hypothesis that enzymatic degradation of the P...
- Pharmacodynamic modeling of antibiotics on cystic fibrosis P. aeruginosa biofilmsKatherine Y Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 2, this model will be used to determine the biofilm PD targets of meropenem and tobramycin, administered alone and in combination, on a unique collection of genetically identical P...
- Translational Research Center for Expedite Novel Therapies in Cystic FibrosisBonnie W Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2013..history of excellence in CF related translational research as evidenced by successful development of inhaled tobramycin (TOBI(r)) and leadership in the CFF supported Therapeutics Development Network...
- Mechanistic Studies of Deoxy Sugar BiosynthesisHung wen Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..targeting the biosynthetic pathways and enzymes for the production of methylthiolincosamide, desosamine, tobramycin, oxetanocin, and the carbohydrate appendages of gentamicin...
- NEW DRUGS FOR RESISTANT DISEASE FROM CI/MS STUDIESVERONICA BIERBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2000..The aminoglycoside antibiotics such as gentamycin, tobramycin, neomycin, and amikacin will also be examined in conjunction with resistant and sensitive strains of E...
- Topical negative pressure dressings for the prevention of chronic wound biofilmGUY ORGAMBIDE; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have identified tobramycin (strongly active against Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Gram positive bacteria) as the clinically preferred agent ..
- Respirable ciprofloxacin aerosol for inhaled anthraxBrooks Hybertson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Although several water-soluble antibiotics, including tobramycin, have been formulated for pulmonary delivery as inhaled aerosols, respirable particles of highly lipophilic ..
- OXY-RADICALS IN GENTAMICIN AND OTHER TOXIC NEPHROPATHIESPatrick Walker; Fiscal Year: 1992..g. other aminoglycoside-induced (Tobramycin, etc.), endotoxin-induced, glycerol-induced, and uranyl nitrate-induced ARF.
- INHALED TOBRAMYCIN IN YOUNG CYSTIC FIBROSIS PATIENTSBonnie Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2003..of this proposal is to determine the short-term microbiologic efficacy and safety of an inhaled antibiotic, tobramycin solution for inhalation (TOBI), in infants and young children with cystic fibrosis (CF) and documented ..
- FLUORESCENT LABELING OF NUCLEIC ACIDSLARRY MCLAUGHLIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will examine the structure stabilizing abilities of Tobramycin, Neomycin B, and various analogues constructed on a Neamine core disaccharide...
- Undermining aminoglycoside resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosaColin Manoil; Fiscal Year: 2009..aeruginosa. We have found that mutations inactivating the regulator lead to enhanced aminoglycoside (tobramycin) sensitivity in a number of isolates, effectively undermining intrinsic resistance to the antibiotic...
- RNA APTAMER COMPLEXES--STRUCTURES AND INTERACTIONSDinshaw Patel; Fiscal Year: 1999..on RNA aptamers complexed to flavin mononucleotide, adenosine triphosphate and the aminoglycoside antibiotic tobramycin that exhibit extremely well resolved spectra and are amenable to structural characterization in solution...
- FORMULATION FOR IMPROVED OPHTHALMIC ANTIBIOTIC EFFICACYS Chandrasekaran; Fiscal Year: 1993..During this phase of the investigation, a tobramycin formulation (TobraSite) using InSite's proprietary insoluble polymer vehicle (DuraSiteTM) was developed that had ..
- INHALED AZTREONAM FOR CYSTIC FIBROSISAlan Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2006..the ability of inhaled aztreonam (AI) to maintain or improve the clinical status following a 28-day course of tobramycin solution for inhalation...
- FORMULATION FOR IMPROVED OPHTHALMIC ANTIBIOTIC EFFICACYS Chandrasekaran; Fiscal Year: 1990..other vehicle excipients to form a sustained release formulation compatible with a broad spectrum drug such as tobramycin, an anti-infective drug already approved for use in the eye...
- MENTORED PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWMargaret Rosenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2004..The initial development of proposed model will be conducted utilizing aerosolized tobramycin, which has been shown to be safe and effective in the treatment of CF patients over six years of age and was ..
- Development of Etched Modified CapillariesJOSEPH PESEK; Fiscal Year: 2002..Microsolv Corporation will undertake a marketing plan to distribute the products for use by companies working in the targeted application areas. ..
- MECHANISMS OF CELL INJURY IN BURN COMPLICATED BY SEPSISDeborah Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed work focuses on five specific aims to increase our understanding of the cellular events involved in burn and sepsis-related myocardial injury. ..
- Susceptibility Testing, Treatment Choices, and Outcomes of MDR-GNB InfectionsLisa Saiman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Carefully conducted observational studies and clinically relevant in vitro antimicrobial susceptibility testing, hold the greatest promise to improve the treatment of patients infected with mutidrug-resistant organisms. ..
- Open Tubular Capillary Electrochromatography/Mass SpectroscopyJOSEPH PESEK; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project focuses on providing a means for the analysis of complex samples found in clinical, biological and pharmaceutical applications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REPLICATION OF OXIDATIVE LESIONS BY BYPASS POLYMERASESDinshaw Patel; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Environmental Effects on Lung Function in Cystic Fibrosis PatientsChristopher Goss; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our proposal will also enhance our understanding of lung growth in CF and represents the initial phase of a program to understand environmental effects on CF lung disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- siRNA-Mediated Silencing of Viral Infection & Viral Suppressors of RNA SilencingDinshaw J Patel; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF GLYCOSPHINGOLIPID BINDING SPECIFICITYDinshaw J Patel; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ANTITUMOR DRUG DNA AND DNA APTAMER COMPLEXES IN SOLUTIONDinshaw Patel; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PROTEIN-RNA RECOGNITION IN NEURODEGENERATIVE SYNDROMESDinshaw Patel; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Burkholderia sp: Identification of major clonal lineagesJohn LiPuma; Fiscal Year: 2004..mallei and B. pseudomallei. ..
- Regulation of CFTR by adenosine, A2 receptors, and PLA2John Clancy; Fiscal Year: 2004..The experiments outlined also identify a new way to regulate CFTR, and therefore may help define new therapeutic targets in the disease. ..
- GM-CSF & Alveolar Macrophage Antiviral Lung DefenseBruce Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Conference--Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis ResearchBruce Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2004..Recent progress in PAP research represents a paradigm of the intersection of basic science, clinical medicine and translational research, which has taken this disease from obscurity to clarity in a decade. ..
- Antibiotic Susceptibility of Bacteria in BiofilmsPhilip Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2005..This project will afford a rich interdisciplinary training experience for the three participating graduate students. ..
- Host-Pathogen Interactions in Cystic FibrosisSAMUEL MOSKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..Identifying innate immune genes as modifiers of the CF lung phenotype may suggest new avenues for treating the inflammatory consequences of CF airway infection. ..
- Regulation of Alveolar Macrophage PhagocytosisBruce Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2006..1, and Hck/SFKs in AMs. Results of this research are expected to help establish the feasibility of the therapeutic use of GM-CSF in the treatment of lung infections by a wide variety of microbial pathogens. ..
- Influence of ENaC Regulators on CF Lung SeveritySAMUEL MOSKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2006..Identifying ENaC regulatory genes as modifiers of the CF lung phenotype would provide important insights into disease pathogenesis and define novel targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis Research ConferenceBruce Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2005..This conference will provide a forum where thought leaders focused on the molecular and cellular basis or clinical management of PAP will present cutting edge research, integrate concepts, and chart innovative research directions. ..
- Beacon Aptamers for the Detection of Small MoleculesDaniel Morse; Fiscal Year: 2006..The selection strategy will be tested by using the antibiotic tobramycin as the target...
- Role of Virus and Genetic Susceptibility in Otitis MediaCuneyt Alper; Fiscal Year: 2006..These results will be used in the design of future studies that prevent OM by moderating vURI pathogenesis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AAT Deficiency & Liver Diseases Caused by ProteinsBruce Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fourth Annual International Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis Research ConferenceBruce Trapnell; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biofilm growth and detachment of an oral pathogenJeffrey Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Quality of Life in patients with severe Cystic FibrosisChristopher Goss; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- RNA REGULATORY DOMAINS: FOLDING, RECOGNITION & CATALYSISDinshaw Patel; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Airway Epithelial Adaptation to Infectious StimuliScott Randell; Fiscal Year: 2008..A greater understanding of airway epithelial adaptation, and its functional outcome, provides a logical basis for the design of novel anti-inflammatory therapies. ..
- IDENTIFICATION OF AIRWAY EPITHELIAL STEM CELLSScott Randell; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..