Genomes and Genes
Summary: An aminoglycoside, broad-spectrum antibiotic produced by Streptomyces tenebrarius. It is effective against gram-negative bacteria, especially the PSEUDOMONAS species. It is a 10% component of the antibiotic complex, NEBRAMYCIN, produced by the same species.
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- Contributions of antibiotic penetration, oxygen limitation, and low metabolic activity to tolerance of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms to ciprofloxacin and tobramycinMarshall C Walters
Center for Biofilm Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, Montana State University Bozeman, Bozeman, Montana 59717 3980, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:317-23. 2003..b>Tobramycin and ciprofloxacin penetrated biofilms but failed to effectively kill the bacteria...
- Safety, efficacy and convenience of tobramycin inhalation powder in cystic fibrosis patients: The EAGER trialMichael W Konstan
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Cyst Fibros 10:54-61. 2011A light-porous-particle, dry-powder formulation of tobramycin was developed, using PulmoSphere® technology, to improve airway delivery efficiency, substantially reduce delivery time, and improve patient convenience and satisfaction...
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics induce bacterial biofilm formationLucas R Hoffman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nature 436:1171-5. 2005..cells with a mutation changing a predicted catalytic residue of Arr were defective in their biofilm response to tobramycin. Furthermore, tobramycin-inducible biofilm formation was inhibited by exogenous GTP, which is known to inhibit c-..
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa tolerance to tobramycin, hydrogen peroxide and polymorphonuclear leukocytes is quorum-sensing dependentThomas Bjarnsholt
Centre for Biomedical Microbiology, BioCentrum, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
Microbiology 151:373-83. 2005..QS is blocked either by mutation or by administration of QS inhibitory drugs are sensitive to treatment with tobramycin and H2O2, and are readily phagocytosed by PMNs, in contrast to bacteria with functional QS systems...
- Tobramycin and FDA-approved iron chelators eliminate Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms on cystic fibrosis cellsSophie Moreau-Marquis
Department of Physiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 41:305-13. 2009..investigated whether the FDA-approved iron chelators deferoxamine and deferasirox would enhance the ability of tobramycin, the primary antibiotic used to treat CF lung infections, to eliminate P. aeruginosa biofilms...
- Synergistic antibacterial efficacy of early combination treatment with tobramycin and quorum-sensing inhibitors against Pseudomonas aeruginosa in an intraperitoneal foreign-body infection mouse modelLouise D Christensen
Department of International Health, Immunology and Microbiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:1198-206. 2012Quorum sensing (QS)-deficient Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms formed in vitro are more susceptible to tobramycin than QS-proficient P...
- Tobramycin at subinhibitory concentration inhibits the RhlI/R quorum sensing system in a Pseudomonas aeruginosa environmental isolateFedora Babic
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Zagreb, Croatia
BMC Infect Dis 10:148. 2010..A few studies have demonstrated the effect of tobramycin as a signal molecule on gene expression at the transcriptional level and its effect on bacterial physiology and ..
- Colistin-tobramycin combinations are superior to monotherapy concerning the killing of biofilm Pseudomonas aeruginosaGloria Herrmann
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Universitatsklinikum, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Infect Dis 202:1585-92. 2010..We tested the ability of colistin sulphate-tobramycin combinations and single antibiotics to kill P. aeruginosa biofilms.
- Effects of loteprednol/tobramycin versus dexamethasone/tobramycin on intraocular pressure in healthy volunteersEdward J Holland
Cincinnati Eye Institute and University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Cornea 27:50-5. 2008To compare the steroid-induced intraocular pressure (IOP) and other ocular adverse effects of loteprednol etabonate 0.5% and tobramycin 0.3% ophthalmic suspension with those of dexamethasone 0.1% and tobramycin 0.3% ophthalmic suspension.
- Involvement of a novel efflux system in biofilm-specific resistance to antibioticsLi Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, 451 Smyth Road, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1N 8J2
J Bacteriol 190:4447-52. 2008..aeruginosa PA14 background results in an increase in sensitivity to tobramycin, gentamicin, and ciprofloxacin, specifically when this mutant strain is growing in a biofilm...
- 3-day treatment with azithromycin 1.5% eye drops versus 7-day treatment with tobramycin 0.3% for purulent bacterial conjunctivitis: multicentre, randomised and controlled trial in adults and childrenIsabelle Cochereau
Service d Ophtalmologie, CHU d Angers, 4, rue Larrey, 49033 Angers, France
Br J Ophthalmol 91:465-9. 2007To compare the efficacy and safety of Azyter, azithromycin 1.5% eye drops, for 3 days with tobramycin 0.3% for 7 days to treat purulent bacterial conjunctivitis.
- Cationic amphiphiles increase activity of aminoglycoside antibiotic tobramycin in the presence of airway polyelectrolytesKirstin R Purdy Drew
Departments of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:486-93. 2009..In this work, we use synchrotron small-angle X-ray scattering to investigate the interaction between tobramycin, an aminoglycoside antibiotic commonly administered to CF patients via inhalation, with DNA, which is found in ..
- Comparison of the effects of macrolides, amoxicillin, ceftriaxone, doxycycline, tobramycin and fluoroquinolones, on the production of pneumolysin by Streptococcus pneumoniae in vitroR Anderson
Medical Research Council MRC Unit for Inflammation and Immunity, Department of Immunology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Pretoria, and Tshwane Academic Division of the National Health Laboratory Service, South Africa
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:1155-8. 2007..azithromycin, clarithromycin, erythromycin, telithromycin, clindamycin, ciprofloxacin, moxifloxacin, tobramycin and doxycycline on pneumolysin production by a macrolide-susceptible strain and two macrolide-resistant strains [..
- Thiolated chitosans: development and in vitro evaluation of an oral tobramycin sulphate delivery systemJuliane Hombach
Institute of Pharmacy, Leopold Franzens University Innsbruck, Innrain 52, Josef Moller Haus, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Eur J Pharm Sci 33:1-8. 2008The aim of the present study was to develop and evaluate an oral delivery system for tobramycin sulphate intended to improve the oral bioavailability...
- Alginate overproduction affects Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm structure and functionM Hentzer
Department of Microbiology, Technical University of Denmark, 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
J Bacteriol 183:5395-401. 2001..strain exhibit a highly structured architecture and are significantly more resistant to the antibiotic tobramycin than a biofilm formed by an isogenic nonmucoid strain...
- Preparation and characterization of spray-dried tobramycin powders containing nanoparticles for pulmonary deliveryGabrielle Pilcer
Laboratory of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Int J Pharm 365:162-9. 2009..Spray-drying was applied in order to retrieve nanoparticles in dried-powder state from tobramycin nanosuspensions...
- Efficacy of the combination of tobramycin and a macrolide in an in vitro Pseudomonas aeruginosa mature biofilm modelMarie Tre-Hardy
Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique et Médicale et de Microbiologie Pharmaceutique, Institut de Pharmacie, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, CP 205 02, Bd du Triomphe, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:4409-15. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare the antimicrobial effects in vitro of the combinations tobramycin-clarithromycin and tobramycin-azithromycin against five P...
- Reduced mortality in cystic fibrosis patients treated with tobramycin inhalation solutionGregory S Sawicki
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 47:44-52. 2012Though tobramycin inhalation solution has been used for over a decade to improve lung function and reduce exacerbations in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF), its effects on mortality have not been well-described...
- Involvement of an ATP-dependent protease, PA0779/AsrA, in inducing heat shock in response to tobramycin in Pseudomonas aeruginosaKristen N Kindrachuk
Centre for Microbial Diseases and Immunity Research, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, No 232, 2259 Lower Mall, Lower Mall Research Station, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z4, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1874-82. 2011..aeruginosa to lethal, inhibitory, and subinhibitory concentrations of tobramycin under aerobic and anaerobic conditions...
- Comparison of the next-generation aminoglycoside plazomicin to gentamicin, tobramycin and amikacinGeorge G Zhanel
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada ca
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 10:459-73. 2012....
- Class 1 integron-associated tobramycin-gentamicin resistance in Campylobacter jejuni isolated from the broiler chicken house environmentMargie D Lee
Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology Athens Diagnostic Laboratory Department of Environmental Health Sciences, The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3660-4. 2002..DNA sequencing demonstrated that all five isolates possessed the aminoglycoside resistance gene, aacA4...
- A pilot study of the safety and efficacy of tobramycin solution for inhalation in patients with severe bronchiectasisPaul Scheinberg
Atlanta Pulmonary Group, 5667 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Suite 350, Atlanta, GA 30350, USA
Chest 127:1420-6. 2005To evaluate the efficacy and safety of tobramycin solution for inhalation (TSI) in patients with severe bronchiectasis.
- Comparison of the safety and efficacy of loteprednol 0.5%/tobramycin 0.3% with dexamethasone 0.1%/tobramycin 0.3% in the treatment of blepharokeratoconjunctivitisEric M White
Complete Family Vision Care, San Diego, CA, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:287-96. 2008This study compared the safety and efficacy of loteprednol etabonate 0.5%/tobramycin 0.3% (LE/T; Zylet) with dexamethasone 0.1%/tobramycin 0...
- Local delivery of tobramycin from injectable biodegradable polyurethane scaffoldsAndrea E Hafeman
Department of Chemical Engineering, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, VU Station B 351604, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 21:95-112. 2010..In this study, injectable PUR scaffolds incorporating tobramycin were prepared by reactive liquid molding...
- Pharmacokinetics and safety of tobramycin administered by the PARI eFlow rapid nebulizer in cystic fibrosisDominique Hubert
CRCM adultes, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, France
J Cyst Fibros 8:332-7. 2009Nebulization times have been identified as an issue in patient compliance with tobramycin solution for inhalation (TSI) therapy in cystic fibrosis (CF).
- NMR resonance assignments of an engineered neomycin-sensing riboswitch RNA bound to ribostamycin and tobramycinSina R Schmidtke
Institut für Molekulare Biowissenschaften, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität Frankfurt M, Max von Laue Str 9, 60438 Frankfurt, Germany
Biomol NMR Assign 4:115-8. 2010..the (1)H, (15)N, (13)C and partial (31)P chemical shift assignments for the minimal functional 27nt neomycin sensing riboswitch RNA in complex with the 4,5-linked neomycin analog ribostamycin and the 4,6-linked aminoglycoside tobramycin.
- Serum tobramycin levels following delivery of tobramycin (Tobi) via eFlow advanced nebuliser in children with cystic fibrosisE L Guy
Leeds Regional Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Centre, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, LS9 7TF, United Kingdom
J Cyst Fibros 9:292-5. 2010Safety and toxicity data for nebulised tobramycin are mainly derived from use of the Pari LC Plus nebuliser, yet many centres are now using advanced nebulisers, such as the eFlow.
- Pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of aerosolized tobramycin in cystic fibrosisDavid E Geller
Nemours Children s Clinic, Division of Pulmonology, Orlando, FL 32806, USA
Chest 122:219-26. 2002To describe the pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of inhaled tobramycin (TOBI; Chiron Corporation; Seattle, WA), 300-mg dose, delivered by a nebulizer (PARI LC Plus; Pari Respiratory; Richmond, VA) and a compressor (Pulmo-Aide, model ..
- Arginine or nitrate enhances antibiotic susceptibility of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in biofilmsGiorgia Borriello
Center for Biofilm Engineering and Department of Clinical Engineering, Montana State University Bozeman, 409 Cobleigh Hall, Bozeman, Montana 59717 3980, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:382-4. 2006Arginine enhanced the killing of Pseudomonas aeruginosa by ciprofloxacin and tobramycin under anaerobic, but not aerobic, growth conditions...
- Targeting a bacterial stress response to enhance antibiotic actionSamuel Lee
Departments of Genome Sciences and Medicine and Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:14570-5. 2009..in a screen of a comprehensive, defined transposon mutant library for functions whose inactivation increased tobramycin sensitivity...
- In vitro analysis of tobramycin-treated Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms on cystic fibrosis-derived airway epithelial cellsGregory G Anderson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Infect Immun 76:1423-33. 2008..Treatment of P. aeruginosa biofilms with tobramycin reduced the virulence of the biofilms both by reducing bacterial numbers and by altering virulence gene ..
- Long-term benefits of inhaled tobramycin in adolescent patients with cystic fibrosisRichard B Moss
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304 5786, USA
Chest 121:55-63. 2002..To determine the effect of long-term suppression of Pseudomonas aeruginosa on lung function and other clinical end points in adolescent patients with cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- Enhancement of antimicrobial activity against pseudomonas aeruginosa by coadministration of G10KHc and tobramycinRandal Eckert
UCLA School of Dentistry, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1668, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3833-8. 2006..aeruginosa. G10KHc was found to be highly active (as active as tobramycin) against P. aeruginosa clinical isolates...
- Antibacterial activities of a fosfomycin/tobramycin combination: a novel inhaled antibiotic for bronchiectasisDavid L MacLeod
Gilead Sciences, Inc, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:829-36. 2009To compare the in vitro and in vivo activities of a 4:1 (w/w) fosfomycin/tobramycin combination (FTI) with those of fosfomycin and tobramycin alone against cystic fibrosis (CF) and non-CF bronchiectasis pathogens.
- Aminoglycoside-resistance mechanisms for cystic fibrosis Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates are unchanged by long-term, intermittent, inhaled tobramycin treatmentD L MacLeod
Department of Research Biology, PathoGenesis Corp, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
J Infect Dis 181:1180-4. 2000..in Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from cystic fibrosis (CF) patients during a recent clinical trial of inhaled tobramycin. Impermeability, in which bacteria have reduced susceptibility to all aminoglycosides, was the predominant mode ..
- Evaluation of clinical efficacy and safety of tobramycin/dexamethasone ophthalmic suspension 0.3%/0.05% compared to azithromycin ophthalmic solution 1% in the treatment of moderate to severe acute blepharitis/blepharoconjunctivitisGail L Torkildsen
Andover Eye Associates, Andover, MA 01810, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:171-8. 2011To evaluate the clinical efficacy and safety of tobramycin/dexamethasone (TobraDex ST ; 'ST') ophthalmic suspension 0.3%/0...
- Incidence and risk factors for multiple antibiotic-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosisChristian A Merlo
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 E Monument St Fifth Floor, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Chest 132:562-8. 2007..The main objective of the study was to estimate the incidence and identify risk factors for the acquisition of MARPA among individuals with CF...
- Breakpoints for predicting Pseudomonas aeruginosa susceptibility to inhaled tobramycin in cystic fibrosis patients: use of high-range Etest stripsMaría I Morosini
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 43:4480-5. 2005Inhaled administration of tobramycin assures high concentrations in cystic fibrotic lungs, improving the therapeutic ratio over that of parenteral tobramycin levels, particularly against Pseudomonas aeruginosa...
- Pharmacoscintigraphic and pharmacokinetic evaluation of tobramycin DPI formulations in cystic fibrosis patientsGabrielle Pilcer
Laboratory of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 68:413-21. 2008b>Tobramycin dry powder formulations were evaluated by gamma scintigraphy and pharmacokinetic methods...
- Serum cystatin C for the prediction of glomerular filtration rate with regard to the dose adjustment of amikacin, gentamicin, tobramycin, and vancomycinJesus Hermida
Laboratorio Central, Hospital Clinico Universitario, 15706 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Ther Drug Monit 28:326-31. 2006..In 130 hospitalized patients who were administered amikacin, gentamicin, tobramycin, and vancomycin by intermittent intravenous infusion, we compared the predicted GFR values from the serum ..
- Open follow-up study of tobramycin nebuliser solution and colistin in patients with cystic fibrosisDavid Adeboyeku
Department of Cystic Fibrosis, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London, UK
J Cyst Fibros 5:261-3. 2006A previous study of tobramycin nebuliser solution (TNS) compared with colistin [C] in cystic fibrosis (CF) patients, chronically infected with pseudomonas, showed benefit for the TNS treated patients over one treatment cycle only...
- Electrolytic generation of oxygen partially explains electrical enhancement of tobramycin efficacy against Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilmP S Stewart
Center for Biofilm Engineering, Montana State University Bozeman 59717 3980, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:292-6. 1999..oxygen, hydrogen, and heat, in mediating electrical enhancement of killing of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms by tobramycin (the bioelectric effect) was investigated...
- Ketorolac plus tobramycin/dexamethasone versus tobramycin/dexamethasone after uneventful phacoemulsification surgery: a randomized controlled trialIrini P Chatziralli
Department of Ophthalmology, Veroia General Hospital, 28 Papanastasiou Street, Veroia, Greece
Ophthalmologica 225:89-94. 2011....
- Resistance to tobramycin and colistin in isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa from chronically colonized patients with cystic fibrosis under antimicrobial treatmentGiuseppe Valenza
Institute of Hygiene and Microbiology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Scand J Infect Dis 42:885-9. 2010b>Tobramycin and colistin represent 2 standard antimicrobial agents in the treatment of cystic fibrosis (CF) patients who are chronically colonized with Pseudomonas aeruginosa...
- In vitro activities of quinolones, beta-lactams, tobramycin, and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole against nonfermentative gram-negative bacilliR J Fass
Department of Internal Medicine, Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus 43210, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 40:1412-8. 1996..ampicillin-sulbactam, piperacillin, piperacillin-tazobactam, ceftazidime, cefoperazone, ceftriaxone, imipenem, tobramycin, and trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (TMP-SMZ) were determined for 308 isolates, representing 13 species, by a ..
- Interaction between tobramycin and CSA-13 on clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a model of young and mature biofilmsCarole Nagant
Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique et Médicale et de Microbiologie Pharmaceutique, Institut de Pharmacie, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 88:251-63. 2010..eight strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa (both reference and clinical strains) and compared with the response to tobramycin. In planktonic cultures, the minimal inhibitory and minimal bactericidal concentrations of CSA-13 and tobramycin ..
- Attenuation of Pseudomonas aeruginosa virulence factors and biofilms by co-encapsulation of bismuth-ethanedithiol with tobramycin in liposomesMisagh Alipour
The Novel Drug and Vaccine Delivery Systems Facility, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, P3E 2C6, Canada
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:684-93. 2010This study examined the activities of tobramycin and bismuth against quorum sensing, virulence factors and biofilms of Pseudomonas aeruginosa by co-encapsulating the agents in liposomes in order to achieve greater delivery of the agents.
- Optimization of capillary electrophoresis method with contactless conductivity detection for the analysis of tobramycin and its related substancesMohamed Nouri El-Attug
Laboratory for Pharmaceutical Analysis, Faculteit Farmaceutische Wetenschappen, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, O and N 2, PB 923, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Pharm Biomed Anal 58:49-57. 2012A method was validated and optimized to determine tobramycin (TOB) and its related substances. TOB is an aminoglycoside antibiotic which lacks a strong UV absorbing chromophore or fluorophore...
- Prophylaxis of catheter-related bacteremia using tissue plasminogen activator-tobramycin locksAli Mirza Onder
West Virginia University, WVU HSC, Morgantown, 26506 9214, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 24:2233-43. 2009This retrospective study was designed to investigate the effectiveness of tissue plasminogen activator-tobramycin antibiotic lock solutions (TPA/tobra ABLs) for prophylaxis of catheter-related bacteremia (CRB) in high-risk children on ..
- Safety and effectiveness of colistin compared with tobramycin for multi-drug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii infectionsRonald Gounden
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
BMC Infect Dis 9:26. 2009..Nosocomial infections due to multi-drug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii are often treated with colistin, but there are few data comparing its safety and efficacy with other antimicrobials...
- Efficacy of liposomal bismuth-ethanedithiol-loaded tobramycin after intratracheal administration in rats with pulmonary Pseudomonas aeruginosa infectionMoayad Alhariri
Novel Drug and Vaccine Delivery Systems Facility, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, ON, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:569-78. 2013..as well as the in vivo antimicrobial activity of bismuth-ethanedithiol incorporated into a liposome-loaded tobramycin formulation (LipoBiEDT-TOB) administered to rats chronically infected with P. aeruginosa...
- Resistance emergence mechanism and mechanism of resistance suppression by tobramycin for cefepime for Pseudomonas aeruginosaG L Drusano
Ordway Research Institute, Albany, New York, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:231-42. 2012..Addition of a β-lactamase inhibitor suppressed resistance even with the stably derepressed isolate. Tobramycin combination studies demonstrated resistance suppression in both the wild-type and the stably derepressed ..
- Fosfomycin/tobramycin for inhalation in patients with cystic fibrosis with pseudomonas airway infectionBruce C Trapnell
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, OH 45229, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 185:171-8. 2012Fosfomycin/tobramycin for inhalation (FTI), a unique, broad-spectrum antibiotic combination, may have therapeutic potential for patients with cystic fibrosis (CF).
- Novel genetic determinants of low-level aminoglycoside resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosaKristen N Schurek
Centre for Microbial Diseases and Immunity Research, University of British Columbia, Room 232, 2259 Lower Mall, Lower Mall Research Station, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T1Z4, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:4213-9. 2008..library, consisting of approximately 5,800 mutants, was screened for twofold or greater increases in tobramycin resistance...
- Antimicrobial activity of fosfomycin and tobramycin in combination against cystic fibrosis pathogens under aerobic and anaerobic conditionsGerard McCaughey
CF and Airways Microbiology Research Group, Queen s University Belfast, United Kingdom
J Cyst Fibros 11:163-72. 2012..There is a need for new antibiotics or combination of antibiotics that possess activity against increasingly resistant cystic fibrosis (CF) respiratory pathogens such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa and MRSA...
- Fosfomycin enhances the active transport of tobramycin in Pseudomonas aeruginosaDavid L MacLeod
Gilead Sciences, Inc, Seattle, Washington, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:1529-38. 2012..In these studies, we demonstrate that fosfomycin synergistically enhances the activity of tobramycin in the presence of mucin...
- Controlling Pseudomonas aeruginosa persister cells by weak electrochemical currents and synergistic effects with tobramycinTagbo H R Niepa
Department of Biomedical and Chemical Engineering, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244, USA
Biomaterials 33:7356-65. 2012..5 μg/mL tobramycin together using SS304 electrodes...
- Outpatient treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosa bronchial colonization with long-term inhaled colistin, tobramycin, or both in adults without cystic fibrosisDavid Berlana
Departments of Pharmacy, Bellvitge University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Pharmacotherapy 31:146-57. 2011..outcomes in adults without cystic fibrosis who had Pseudomonas aeruginosa bronchial colonization and were receiving inhaled colistin or colistin plus tobramycin with those who were receiving inhaled tobramycin as outpatient treatment.
- EPR studies of free radicals decay and survival in gamma irradiated aminoglycoside antibiotics: sisomicin, tobramycin and paromomycinSławomir Wilczyński
Department of Biophysics, School of Pharmacy, Medical University of Silesia, Jednosci 8, 41 200 Sosnowiec, Poland
Eur J Pharm Sci 45:251-62. 2012..Free radicals in radiative sterilized sisomicin, tobramycin and paromomycin were studied by electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) spectroscopy...
- In-vivo impact of the MexXY efflux system on aminoglycoside efficacy in an experimental model of Pseudomonas aeruginosa pneumonia treated with tobramycinB Martha
Division of Infectious Diseases, Hopital du Bocage, University Hospital, 21000 Dijon, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 12:426-32. 2006..MexXY efflux pump was investigated in vivo in an experimental model of PAP in rabbits treated with intravenous tobramycin. Three strains were used to induce PAP in rabbits: PAO1 (wild-type strain; MIC 1 mg/L), mutant 11B (mexX::Tn501; ..
- Effects of antibiotics on morphologic characteristics and migration of canine corneal epithelial cells in tissue cultureD V Hendrix
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37901, USA
Am J Vet Res 62:1664-9. 2001..Cells treated with tobramycin and chloramphenicol grew similarly to control cells...
- Influence of gentamicin and tobramycin on binary biofilm formation by co-cultures of Burkholderia cepacia and Pseudomonas aeruginosaAmal G Al-Bakri
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, England, UK
J Basic Microbiol 45:392-6. 2005..Pans, containing established biofilms, were swapped between CDFFs. Biofilms were treated either for 5 days with tobramycin (0.3 mg/ml) prior to pan-swapping, or with gentamicin (1 mg/ml) immediately following pan-swapping...
- Pharmacokinetic studies on tobramycin in horsesH Hubenov
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Trakia University, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 30:353-7. 2007The objective of the study was to evaluate the pharmacokinetics of tobramycin in plasma and urine in the horse (n = 7) after intravenous administration of a dose of 4 mg/kg b.w...
- In vitro efficacy of an ophthalmic drug combination against corneal pathogens of horsesNicole C Scotty
University of Florida Veterinary Medical Center, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Am J Vet Res 69:101-7. 2008..To evaluate the in vitro efficacy of an ophthalmic drug combination against common corneal pathogens of horses...
- Ocular distribution, bactericidal activity and settling characteristics of TobraDex ST ophthalmic suspension compared with TobraDex ophthalmic suspensionStephen V Scoper
Virginia Eye Consultants, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Adv Ther 25:77-88. 2008TobraDex ophthalmic suspension (tobramycin 0.3%, dexamethasone 0.1%; Alcon Laboratories Inc, Fort Worth, Tex) is frequently used for inflammatory ocular conditions where a risk of bacterial ocular infection exists...
- Systemic tobramycin concentrations during selective decontamination of the digestive tract in intensive care unit patients on continuous venovenous hemofiltrationMeriel Mol
Department of Intensive Care, Academic Medical Centre University of Amsterdam, P O Box 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 34:903-6. 2008To study whether selective decontamination of the digestive tract (SDD) results in detectable serum tobramycin concentrations in intensive care unit (ICU) patients with acute renal failure treated with continuous venovenous hemofiltration ..
- Proteomic analysis of reaper 5' untranslated region-interacting factors isolated by tobramycin affinity-selection reveals a role for La antigen in reaper mRNA translationPaula Vazquez-Pianzola
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Gottingen, Germany
Proteomics 5:1645-55. 2005..To understand the mechanisms of mRNA translation of a pro-apoptotic gene, reaper (rpr), we adapted the tobramycin-aptamer technique described by Hartmuth et al. (Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci...
- Dose-dependent effects of topical tobramycin in an animal model of Pseudomonas sinusitisMarcelo B Antunes
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Division of Rhinology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Am J Rhinol 21:423-7. 2007..Despite their popularity, there is limited data in the literature to support its use. This study is the first to examine the effects of topical tobramycin in an animal model of Pseudomonas sinusitis.
- Simple and sensitive method for quantification of low tobramycin concentrations in human plasma using HPLC-MS/MSMilly E Attema-de Jonge
Department of Pharmacy, Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis, Oosterpark 9, 1091 AC Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 862:257-62. 2008After oral administration of tobramycin, as part of selective decontamination of the digestive tract (SDD) in critically ill patients, absorption of tobramycin from the gut into the blood may take place...
- Tolerability of loteprednol/tobramycin versus dexamethasone/tobramycin in healthy volunteers: results of a 4-week, randomized, double-masked, parallel-group studyJimmy D Bartlett
Department of Optometry, School of Optometry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0010, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:2219-27. 2008To compare the ocular comfort and tolerability of loteprednol etabonate 0.5%/tobramycin 0.3% (LE/T; Zylet) with dexamethasone 0.1%/tobramycin 0.3% (DM/T; TobraDex) in healthy volunteers.
- In vitro postantibiotic effect and postantibiotic leukocyte enhancement of tobramycinA Novelli
Department of Pharmacology, University of Florence, Italy
J Chemother 7:355-62. 1995The occurrence of a postantibiotic effect (PAE) and postantibiotic leukocyte enhancement (PALE) of tobramycin, a natural aminoglycoside clinically used since the early 1970s, has been investigated in comparison to gentamicin on recent ..
- Bronchial reactions to the inhalation of high-dose tobramycin in cystic fibrosisW H Nikolaizik
Dept of Paediatrics, University Hospital Essen, Germany
Eur Respir J 20:122-6. 2002It has been established that inhaled tobramycin has a positive effect on respiratory function in Pseudomonas-aeruginosa positive patients with cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- The effectiveness of tobramycin and Ocuflox in a prophylaxis model of Staphylococcus keratitisJ J Dajcs
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Parasitology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, 70112, USA
Curr Eye Res 23:60-3. 2001..METHODS: One topical drop of Tobrex (0.3% tobramycin), tobramycin (0.3%) in the Tobrex vehicle with 0.05% dodecyl maltoside (DDM)/4...
- Efficacy and safety of aerosolized tobramycin in cystic fibrosisV B Pai
Idaho State University and St Luke s Regional Medical Center, Boise, Idaho 83712, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 32:314-27. 2001Aerosolized tobramycin has been extensively used in cystic fibrosis (CF) patients in order to directly deliver the antibiotic to the endobronchial site of infection, and decrease toxicity by limiting systemic absorption...
- Shifting patterns of inhaled antibiotic use in cystic fibrosisSamuel M Moskowitz
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 7740, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 43:874-81. 2008..Our working hypothesis was that a shift from acute to chronic use of inhaled antibiotics has coincided with increased prevalence of use among CF patients...
- A comparison of topical chlorhexidine, ciprofloxacin, and fortified tobramycin/cefazolin in rabbit models of Staphylococcus and Pseudomonas keratitisPing Bu
Department of Ophthalmology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 23:213-20. 2007..Chlorhexidine was evaluated as a potential topical therapy for experimental bacterial keratitis...
- Protective effect of edaravone against tobramycin-induced ototoxicityMonika Stenkvist Asplund
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Otolaryngol 129:8-13. 2009..that simultaneous treatment with the radical scavenger edaravone has an effective protective effect against tobramycin ototoxicity in rat...
- Effectiveness of a new tobramycin (0.3%) and dexamethasone (0.05%) formulation in the treatment of experimental Pseudomonas keratitisClare McCormick
Department of Microbiology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:1569-75. 2008To quantitatively determine, in a Pseudomonas keratitis model, the anti-inflammatory and bactericidal properties of a new formulation of tobramycin (0.3%) and dexamethasone (0.05%) that utilizes a xanthan gum vehicle.
- CF: an X-ray database to assess effect of aerosolized tobramycinDubhfeasa M Slattery
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 38:23-30. 2004This paper assesses the effectiveness of aerosolized tobramycin (TOBI) on cystic fibrosis (CF) lung disease, using a radiologic tool...
- Tobramycin once versus three times daily, given with penicillin G, to febrile neutropenic cancer patients in Norway: a prospective, randomized, multicentre trialDag Torfoss
Cancer Clinic, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:711-7. 2007..We questioned this argument and hypothesized that tobramycin once daily was as efficacious as three times daily.
- Disposition of instilled versus nebulized tobramycin and imipenem in ventilated intensive care unit (ICU) patientsJoan R Badia
UVIR Institut Clínic de Pneumologia i Cirurgia Toràcica, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:508-14. 2004..Delivery of antibiotics to the lower respiratory tract could potentially achieve antimicrobial bronchial drug concentrations without toxicity...
- Incorporation of tobramycin into biomimetic hydroxyapatite coating on titaniumM Stigter
IsoTis NV, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 23:4143-53. 2002..immersed in a supersaturated calcium phosphate (SCP) solution containing 0, 100, 200, 400, 600 or 800 mg/l of tobramycin for 48 h at 37 degrees C. A carbonated hydroxyapatite (CHA) layer, approximately 40 microm thick, was formed...
- A randomised clinical trial of nebulised tobramycin or colistin in cystic fibrosisM E Hodson
Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, London, UK
Eur Respir J 20:658-64. 2002..The purpose of this trial was to assess the efficacy and safety of tobramycin nebuliser solution (TNS) and nebulised colistin in CF patients chronically infected with P. aeruginosa...
- [Efficacy assessment of azithromycin 1.5% eye drops versus tobramycin 0.3% on clinical signs of purulent bacterial conjunctivitis]P Y Robert
Service d Ophtalmologie, CHU Dupuytren, 2, avenue Martin Luther King, 87042 Limoges Cedex, France
J Fr Ophtalmol 33:241-8. 2010..These clinical signs appear quickly and are contagious. This study compares the clinical efficacy (signs and symptoms) and safety of azithromycin 1.5% eye drops with tobramycin 0.3%.
- Ciprofloxacin plus piperacillin compared with tobramycin plus piperacillin as empirical therapy in febrile neutropenic patients. A randomized, double-blind trialJames E Peacock
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1042, USA
Ann Intern Med 137:77-87. 2002..Therapy with an aminoglycoside and a beta-lactam remains common empirical therapy for febrile neutropenic patients. Concerns of aminoglycoside-induced ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity have led to studies of alternate regimens...
- Ability of azlocillin and tobramycin in combination to delay or prevent resistance development in Pseudomonas aeruginosaY L Wu
School of Pharmacy, The Queen s University of Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 44:389-92. 1999The ability of combinations of azlocillin and tobramycin to prevent or delay resistance development in eight Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from cystic fibrosis (CF) patients was studied using chequerboard titration and in-vitro serial ..
- Efficiency of pulmonary administration of tobramycin solution for inhalation in cystic fibrosis using an improved drug delivery systemDavid E Geller
The Nemours Children s Clinic, 83 W Columbia St, Orlando, FL 32806 1101, USA
Chest 123:28-36. 2003To determine whether tobramycin solution for inhalation (TSI) can be administered safely and more efficiently with a new-generation aerosol device, the AeroDose 5...
- Efficacy and safety of netilmycin/dexamethasone preservative-free and tobramycin/dexamethasone-preserved fixed combination in patients after cataract surgeryVeronica Pianini
UO Oculistica, Stabilimento Ospedaliero di Carrara, Azienda USL 1 di Massa Carrara, Italy
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 26:617-21. 2010To compare the efficacy and safety of preservative-free Netilmycin/Dexamethasone with that of preserved Tobramycin/Dexamethasone, postcataract surgery.
- Controlled trial of aztreonam vs. tobramycin and azlocillin for acute pulmonary exacerbations of cystic fibrosisJ A Bosso
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112
Pediatr Infect Dis J 7:171-6. 1988The efficacy of aztreonam was compared to that of standard therapy consisting of tobramycin and azlocillin in the treatment of acute pulmonary exacerbations of cystic fibrosis in a randomized, open trial...
- A component of innate immunity prevents bacterial biofilm developmentPradeep K Singh
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Nature 417:552-5. 2002..These findings reveal a specific anti-biofilm defence mechanism acting at a critical juncture in biofilm development, the time bacteria stop roaming as individuals and aggregate into durable communities...
- Crystal structure of a complex between the aminoglycoside tobramycin and an oligonucleotide containing the ribosomal decoding a siteQuentin Vicens
Institut de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Modélisation et Simulations des Acides Nucléiques, UPR 9002, Universite Louis Pasteur, 15 rue Rene Descartes, 67084 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Chem Biol 9:747-55. 2002..containing the A site sequence complexed to the 4,6-disubstituted 2-deoxystreptamine aminoglycoside tobramycin. The three aminosugar rings making up tobramycin interact with the deep-groove atoms directly or via water ..
- A formulation of aerosolized tobramycin (Bramitob) in the treatment of patients with cystic fibrosis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter studyAlexander Chuchalin
Scientific Research Pulmonology Institute, Russian State Medical University, Moscow, Russia
Paediatr Drugs 9:21-31. 2007..The purpose of this trial was to assess the efficacy and tolerability of a tobramycin highly concentrated solution for inhalation (TSI) [300mg/4mL; Bramitob when added to other antipseudomonal ..
- Single daily tobramycin dosing in cystic fibrosis: is it better for the patients or the bugs?Heather L Vandenbussche
Pharmacy Department, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
Lancet 365:547-8. 2005
- Efficacy, safety, and local pharmacokinetics of highly concentrated nebulized tobramycin in patients with cystic fibrosis colonized with Pseudomonas aeruginosaGerard Lenoir
Service of General Paediatrics, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Paediatr Drugs 9:11-20. 2007..This trial was designed to investigate the efficacy and safety of a highly concentrated (300mg/4mL) tobramycin solution for inhalation (TSI) [Bramitob] in patients with CF and P. aeruginosa infection.
- Experience with a once-daily dosing program of aminoglycosides in critically ill patientsS E Buijk
Dept of Surgical Intensive Care, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 28:936-42. 2002..As aminoglycosides show concentration-dependent killing, once-daily aminoglycoside (ODA) regimens have been instituted. Data on experience with ODA regimens in critically ill patients are limited...
- Acute renal failure in cystic fibrosis: association with inhaled tobramycin therapyIngrid M Hoffmann
Department of Pediatrics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine Baptist Medical Center, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1081, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 34:375-7. 2002..a 20-year-old patient with cystic fibrosis who developed acute nonoliguric renal failure associated with inhaled tobramycin. Clinical evaluation and renal biopsy findings were consistent with aminoglycoside-induced changes...
- TOBI: reducing the impact of pseudomonal infectionJohn Govan
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Edinburgh EH8 9AG
Hosp Med 63:421-5. 2002..b>Tobramycin nebulizer solution (TOBI, Chiron Corporation Ltd, Hounslow) has been specifically formulated for use against P...
- The efficacy and safety of meropenem and tobramycin vs ceftazidime and tobramycin in the treatment of acute pulmonary exacerbations in patients with cystic fibrosisJeffrey L Blumer
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Chest 128:2336-46. 2005..IV meropenem (40 mg/kg to 2 g q8h) or ceftazidime (5 mg/kg to 2 g q8h), each of which was administered with IV tobramycin (at a serum peak of > or = 8 microg/mL and a trough of < 2 microg/mL), as treatment for CF patients with ..
- Mucin-Pseudomonas aeruginosa interactions promote biofilm formation and antibiotic resistanceRebecca M Landry
Department of Chemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Mol Microbiol 59:142-51. 2006..on mucin-coated surfaces developed large cellular aggregates and had increased tolerance to the antibiotic tobramycin compared with biofilms grown on glass...
- Acute renal failure associated with vancomycin- and tobramycin-laden cement in total hip arthroplastyBenjamin N Patrick
The University of Montana and Community Medical Center, Missoula, MT 59812 1522, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:2037-42. 2006..To describe 2 cases of acute renal failure (ARF) associated with the use of antibiotic-laden cement incorporated in total hip arthroplasties (THA)...
- Comparison of piperacillin/tazobactam and imipenem/cilastatin, both in combination with tobramycin, administered every 6 h for treatment of nosocomial pneumoniaManjari Joshi
University of Maryland School of Medicine, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Respir Med 100:1554-65. 2006..Treatment groups had similar number of mean hospital days, readmission rates, and frequency of AEs. This study showed that P/T administered four times per day was as safe and efficacious as IMP in treating hospitalized patients with NP...
- Use of Gallium to Prevent Pseudomonas Biofilm FormationBradley Britigan; Fiscal Year: 2005..aeruginosa biofilm formation and enhances its susceptibility to tobramycin. Gallium (Ca), a group IliA transition metal disrupts the Fe metabolism of many cell types...
- Antibiotic-mediated Adaptation of Pseudomonas aeruginosaLUCAS HOFFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..aeruginosa responds specifically to subinhibitory concentrations of the antibiotic tobramycin with increased biofilm formation. Tobramycin-induced biofilms are more resistant to further antibiotic challenge...
- OCULAR PATHOGENESIS AND THERAPY OF BACTERIAL KERATITISJames Hill; Fiscal Year: 1993..corneal scarring; 2) Determine if steroids (dexamethasone or prednisolone) plus antibiotics (ciprofloxacin or tobramycin) can reduce irreversible corneal scarring; 3) Determine if other agents such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory ..
- Developing D-methionine as an Aminoglycoside OtoprotectantKathleen Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2007..proof of concept data for gentamicin and amikacin otoprotection, to determine if D-met also protects against tobramycin-induced ototoxicity, and to ensure that D-met does not interfere with the antimicrobial action of these ..
- Developing D-methionine as an Aminoglycoside OtoprotectantKATHLEEN CHARLOTTE MURPHEY CAMPBELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..proof of concept data for gentamicin and amikacin otoprotection, to determine if D-met also protects against tobramycin-induced ototoxicity, and to ensure that D-met does not interfere with the antimicrobial action of these ..
- Developing D-methionine as an Aminoglycoside OtoprotectantKathleen Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2009..proof of concept data for gentamicin and amikacin otoprotection, to determine if D-met also protects against tobramycin-induced ototoxicity, and to ensure that D-met does not interfere with the antimicrobial action of these ..
- Developing D-methionine as an Aminoglycoside OtoprotectantKathleen Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Early Antipseudomonal Therapy in Cystic FibrosisBonnie Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2007..e., treatment provided systematically in quarterly cycles until the end of the 18-month study period. Inhaled tobramycin and oral ciprofloxacin have bean selected as first choice antimicrobials for this trial, based on a consensus ..
- Respirable ciprofloxacin aerosol for inhaled anthraxBrooks Hybertson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Although several water-soluble antibiotics, including tobramycin, have been formulated for pulmonary delivery as inhaled aerosols, respirable particles of highly lipophilic ..
- SUPRAER, High Dose Rate Aerosol Drug DeliveryDONOVAN YEATES; Fiscal Year: 2007..SUPRAER will be used to generate aerosols of surfactant, tobramycin, insulin and mannitol...
- INHALED TOBRAMYCIN IN YOUNG CYSTIC FIBROSIS PATIENTSBonnie Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2003..of this proposal is to determine the short-term microbiologic efficacy and safety of an inhaled antibiotic, tobramycin solution for inhalation (TOBI), in infants and young children with cystic fibrosis (CF) and documented ..
- FLUORESCENT LABELING OF NUCLEIC ACIDSLARRY MCLAUGHLIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will examine the structure stabilizing abilities of Tobramycin, Neomycin B, and various analogues constructed on a Neamine core disaccharide...
- Beacon Aptamers for the Detection of Small MoleculesDaniel Morse; Fiscal Year: 2006..The selection strategy will be tested by using the antibiotic tobramycin as the target...
- INHALED AZTREONAM FOR CYSTIC FIBROSISAlan Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2006..the ability of inhaled aztreonam (AI) to maintain or improve the clinical status following a 28-day course of tobramycin solution for inhalation...
- MENTORED PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWMargaret Rosenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2004..The initial development of proposed model will be conducted utilizing aerosolized tobramycin, which has been shown to be safe and effective in the treatment of CF patients over six years of age and was ..