Genomes and Genes
Summary: An aminoglycoside, broad-spectrum antibiotic produced by Streptomyces tenebrarius. It is effective against gram-negative bacteria, especially the PSEUDOMONAS species. It is a 10% component of the antibiotic complex, NEBRAMYCIN, produced by the same species.
Publications227 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of loteprednol/tobramycin versus dexamethasone/tobramycin on intraocular pressure in healthy volunteersEdward J Holland
Cincinnati Eye Institute and University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Cornea 27:50-5. 2008To compare the steroid-induced intraocular pressure (IOP) and other ocular adverse effects of loteprednol etabonate 0.5% and tobramycin 0.3% ophthalmic suspension with those of dexamethasone 0.1% and tobramycin 0.3% ophthalmic suspension.
- Tobramycin and FDA-approved iron chelators eliminate Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms on cystic fibrosis cellsSophie Moreau-Marquis
Department of Physiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 41:305-13. 2009..investigated whether the FDA-approved iron chelators deferoxamine and deferasirox would enhance the ability of tobramycin, the primary antibiotic used to treat CF lung infections, to eliminate P. aeruginosa biofilms...
- Colistin-tobramycin combinations are superior to monotherapy concerning the killing of biofilm Pseudomonas aeruginosaGloria Herrmann
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Universitatsklinikum, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Infect Dis 202:1585-92. 2010..We tested the ability of colistin sulphate-tobramycin combinations and single antibiotics to kill P. aeruginosa biofilms.
- Involvement of a novel efflux system in biofilm-specific resistance to antibioticsLi Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, 451 Smyth Road, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1N 8J2
J Bacteriol 190:4447-52. 2008..aeruginosa PA14 background results in an increase in sensitivity to tobramycin, gentamicin, and ciprofloxacin, specifically when this mutant strain is growing in a biofilm...
- Aminoglycoside-resistance mechanisms for cystic fibrosis Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates are unchanged by long-term, intermittent, inhaled tobramycin treatmentD L MacLeod
Department of Research Biology, PathoGenesis Corp, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
J Infect Dis 181:1180-4. 2000..in Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from cystic fibrosis (CF) patients during a recent clinical trial of inhaled tobramycin. Impermeability, in which bacteria have reduced susceptibility to all aminoglycosides, was the predominant mode ..
- Local delivery of tobramycin from injectable biodegradable polyurethane scaffoldsAndrea E Hafeman
Department of Chemical Engineering, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, VU Station B 351604, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 21:95-112. 2010..In this study, injectable PUR scaffolds incorporating tobramycin were prepared by reactive liquid molding...
- NMR resonance assignments of an engineered neomycin-sensing riboswitch RNA bound to ribostamycin and tobramycinSina R Schmidtke
Institut für Molekulare Biowissenschaften, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität Frankfurt M, Max von Laue Str 9, 60438 Frankfurt, Germany
Biomol NMR Assign 4:115-8. 2010..the (1)H, (15)N, (13)C and partial (31)P chemical shift assignments for the minimal functional 27nt neomycin sensing riboswitch RNA in complex with the 4,5-linked neomycin analog ribostamycin and the 4,6-linked aminoglycoside tobramycin.
- Serum tobramycin levels following delivery of tobramycin (Tobi) via eFlow advanced nebuliser in children with cystic fibrosisE L Guy
Leeds Regional Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Centre, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, LS9 7TF, United Kingdom
J Cyst Fibros 9:292-5. 2010Safety and toxicity data for nebulised tobramycin are mainly derived from use of the Pari LC Plus nebuliser, yet many centres are now using advanced nebulisers, such as the eFlow.
- Comparison of the safety and efficacy of loteprednol 0.5%/tobramycin 0.3% with dexamethasone 0.1%/tobramycin 0.3% in the treatment of blepharokeratoconjunctivitisEric M White
Complete Family Vision Care, San Diego, CA, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:287-96. 2008This study compared the safety and efficacy of loteprednol etabonate 0.5%/tobramycin 0.3% (LE/T; Zylet) with dexamethasone 0.1%/tobramycin 0...
- In vitro analysis of tobramycin-treated Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms on cystic fibrosis-derived airway epithelial cellsGregory G Anderson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Infect Immun 76:1423-33. 2008..Treatment of P. aeruginosa biofilms with tobramycin reduced the virulence of the biofilms both by reducing bacterial numbers and by altering virulence gene ..
- Pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of aerosolized tobramycin in cystic fibrosisDavid E Geller
Nemours Children s Clinic, Division of Pulmonology, Orlando, FL 32806, USA
Chest 122:219-26. 2002To describe the pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of inhaled tobramycin (TOBI; Chiron Corporation; Seattle, WA), 300-mg dose, delivered by a nebulizer (PARI LC Plus; Pari Respiratory; Richmond, VA) and a compressor (Pulmo-Aide, model ..
- Pharmacokinetics and safety of tobramycin administered by the PARI eFlow rapid nebulizer in cystic fibrosisDominique Hubert
CRCM adultes, Hopital Cochin, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, France
J Cyst Fibros 8:332-7. 2009Nebulization times have been identified as an issue in patient compliance with tobramycin solution for inhalation (TSI) therapy in cystic fibrosis (CF).
- Novel genetic determinants of low-level aminoglycoside resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosaKristen N Schurek
Centre for Microbial Diseases and Immunity Research, University of British Columbia, Room 232, 2259 Lower Mall, Lower Mall Research Station, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T1Z4, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:4213-9. 2008..library, consisting of approximately 5,800 mutants, was screened for twofold or greater increases in tobramycin resistance...
- Targeting a bacterial stress response to enhance antibiotic actionSamuel Lee
Departments of Genome Sciences and Medicine and Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:14570-5. 2009..in a screen of a comprehensive, defined transposon mutant library for functions whose inactivation increased tobramycin sensitivity...
- Incidence and risk factors for multiple antibiotic-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosisChristian A Merlo
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1830 E Monument St Fifth Floor, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Chest 132:562-8. 2007..The main objective of the study was to estimate the incidence and identify risk factors for the acquisition of MARPA among individuals with CF...
- Simple and sensitive method for quantification of low tobramycin concentrations in human plasma using HPLC-MS/MSMilly E Attema-de Jonge
Department of Pharmacy, Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis, Oosterpark 9, 1091 AC Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 862:257-62. 2008After oral administration of tobramycin, as part of selective decontamination of the digestive tract (SDD) in critically ill patients, absorption of tobramycin from the gut into the blood may take place...
- Efficacy of the combination of tobramycin and a macrolide in an in vitro Pseudomonas aeruginosa mature biofilm modelMarie Tre-Hardy
Laboratoire de Chimie Biologique et Médicale et de Microbiologie Pharmaceutique, Institut de Pharmacie, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, CP 205 02, Bd du Triomphe, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:4409-15. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare the antimicrobial effects in vitro of the combinations tobramycin-clarithromycin and tobramycin-azithromycin against five P...
- Dose-dependent effects of topical tobramycin in an animal model of Pseudomonas sinusitisMarcelo B Antunes
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Division of Rhinology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Am J Rhinol 21:423-7. 2007..Despite their popularity, there is limited data in the literature to support its use. This study is the first to examine the effects of topical tobramycin in an animal model of Pseudomonas sinusitis.
- Proteomic analysis of reaper 5' untranslated region-interacting factors isolated by tobramycin affinity-selection reveals a role for La antigen in reaper mRNA translationPaula Vazquez-Pianzola
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, , Germany
Proteomics 5:1645-55. 2005..To understand the mechanisms of mRNA translation of a pro-apoptotic gene, reaper (rpr), we adapted the tobramycin-aptamer technique described by Hartmuth et al. (Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci...
- Comparison of the effects of macrolides, amoxicillin, ceftriaxone, doxycycline, tobramycin and fluoroquinolones, on the production of pneumolysin by Streptococcus pneumoniae in vitroR Anderson
Medical Research Council MRC Unit for Inflammation and Immunity, Department of Immunology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Pretoria, and Tshwane Academic Division of the National Health Laboratory Service, South Africa
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:1155-8. 2007..azithromycin, clarithromycin, erythromycin, telithromycin, clindamycin, ciprofloxacin, moxifloxacin, tobramycin and doxycycline on pneumolysin production by a macrolide-susceptible strain and two macrolide-resistant strains [..
- Systemic tobramycin concentrations during selective decontamination of the digestive tract in intensive care unit patients on continuous venovenous hemofiltrationMeriel Mol
Department of Intensive Care, Academic Medical Centre University of Amsterdam, P O Box 22660, 1100 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 34:903-6. 2008To study whether selective decontamination of the digestive tract (SDD) results in detectable serum tobramycin concentrations in intensive care unit (ICU) patients with acute renal failure treated with continuous venovenous hemofiltration ..
- In vitro postantibiotic effect and postantibiotic leukocyte enhancement of tobramycinA Novelli
Department of Pharmacology, University of Florence, Italy
J Chemother 7:355-62. 1995The occurrence of a postantibiotic effect (PAE) and postantibiotic leukocyte enhancement (PALE) of tobramycin, a natural aminoglycoside clinically used since the early 1970s, has been investigated in comparison to gentamicin on recent ..
- Tolerability of loteprednol/tobramycin versus dexamethasone/tobramycin in healthy volunteers: results of a 4-week, randomized, double-masked, parallel-group studyJimmy D Bartlett
Department of Optometry, School of Optometry, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0010, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:2219-27. 2008To compare the ocular comfort and tolerability of loteprednol etabonate 0.5%/tobramycin 0.3% (LE/T; Zylet) with dexamethasone 0.1%/tobramycin 0.3% (DM/T; TobraDex) in healthy volunteers.
- Synergistic antibacterial efficacy of early combination treatment with tobramycin and quorum-sensing inhibitors against Pseudomonas aeruginosa in an intraperitoneal foreign-body infection mouse modelLouise D Christensen
Department of International Health, Immunology and Microbiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:1198-206. 2012Quorum sensing (QS)-deficient Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms formed in vitro are more susceptible to tobramycin than QS-proficient P...
- Cationic amphiphiles increase activity of aminoglycoside antibiotic tobramycin in the presence of airway polyelectrolytesKirstin R Purdy Drew
Departments of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:486-93. 2009..In this work, we use synchrotron small-angle X-ray scattering to investigate the interaction between tobramycin, an aminoglycoside antibiotic commonly administered to CF patients via inhalation, with DNA, which is found in ..
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa tolerance to tobramycin, hydrogen peroxide and polymorphonuclear leukocytes is quorum-sensing dependentThomas Bjarnsholt
Centre for Biomedical Microbiology, BioCentrum, Technical University of Denmark, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
Microbiology 151:373-83. 2005..QS is blocked either by mutation or by administration of QS inhibitory drugs are sensitive to treatment with tobramycin and H2O2, and are readily phagocytosed by PMNs, in contrast to bacteria with functional QS systems...
- Long-term benefits of inhaled tobramycin in adolescent patients with cystic fibrosisRichard B Moss
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304 5786, USA
Chest 121:55-63. 2002..To determine the effect of long-term suppression of Pseudomonas aeruginosa on lung function and other clinical end points in adolescent patients with cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- Tobramycin once versus three times daily, given with penicillin G, to febrile neutropenic cancer patients in Norway: a prospective, randomized, multicentre trialDag Torfoss
Cancer Clinic, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
J Antimicrob Chemother 59:711-7. 2007..We questioned this argument and hypothesized that tobramycin once daily was as efficacious as three times daily.
- Aminoglycoside antibiotics induce bacterial biofilm formationLucas R Hoffman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nature 436:1171-5. 2005..cells with a mutation changing a predicted catalytic residue of Arr were defective in their biofilm response to tobramycin. Furthermore, tobramycin-inducible biofilm formation was inhibited by exogenous GTP, which is known to inhibit c-..
- Efficiency of pulmonary administration of tobramycin solution for inhalation in cystic fibrosis using an improved drug delivery systemDavid E Geller
The Nemours Children s Clinic, 83 W Columbia St, Orlando, FL 32806 1101, USA
Chest 123:28-36. 2003To determine whether tobramycin solution for inhalation (TSI) can be administered safely and more efficiently with a new-generation aerosol device, the AeroDose 5...
- CF: an X-ray database to assess effect of aerosolized tobramycinDubhfeasa M Slattery
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Children's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 38:23-30. 2004This paper assesses the effectiveness of aerosolized tobramycin (TOBI) on cystic fibrosis (CF) lung disease, using a radiologic tool...
- Disposition of instilled versus nebulized tobramycin and imipenem in ventilated intensive care unit (ICU) patientsJoan R Badia
, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 54:508-14. 2004..AIM: To assess bronchial and serum concentrations of imipenem or tobramycin obtained by nebulization or instillation in critically ill mechanically ventilated patients...
- A randomised clinical trial of nebulised tobramycin or colistin in cystic fibrosisM E Hodson
Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, London, UK
Eur Respir J 20:658-64. 2002..The purpose of this trial was to assess the efficacy and safety of tobramycin nebuliser solution (TNS) and nebulised colistin in CF patients chronically infected with P. aeruginosa...
- The effectiveness of tobramycin and Ocuflox in a prophylaxis model of Staphylococcus keratitisJ J Dajcs
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Parasitology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, 70112, USA
Curr Eye Res 23:60-3. 2001..METHODS: One topical drop of Tobrex (0.3% tobramycin), tobramycin (0.3%) in the Tobrex vehicle with 0.05% dodecyl maltoside (DDM)/4...
- Incorporation of tobramycin into biomimetic hydroxyapatite coating on titaniumM Stigter
IsoTis NV, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 23:4143-53. 2002..immersed in a supersaturated calcium phosphate (SCP) solution containing 0, 100, 200, 400, 600 or 800 mg/l of tobramycin for 48 h at 37 degrees C. A carbonated hydroxyapatite (CHA) layer, approximately 40 microm thick, was formed...
- A comparison of topical chlorhexidine, ciprofloxacin, and fortified tobramycin/cefazolin in rabbit models of Staphylococcus and Pseudomonas keratitisPing Bu
Department of Ophthalmology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 23:213-20. 2007..Chlorhexidine was evaluated as a potential topical therapy for experimental bacterial keratitis...
- Ciprofloxacin plus piperacillin compared with tobramycin plus piperacillin as empirical therapy in febrile neutropenic patients. A randomized, double-blind trialJames E Peacock
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1042, USA
Ann Intern Med 137:77-87. 2002..OBJECTIVE: To determine whether ciprofloxacin-piperacillin is equivalent to tobramycin-piperacillin as empirical therapy for neutropenic fever. DESIGN: Randomized, double-blind multicenter trial...
- Bronchial reactions to the inhalation of high-dose tobramycin in cystic fibrosisW H Nikolaizik
Dept of Paediatrics, University Hospital Essen, Germany
Eur Respir J 20:122-6. 2002It has been established that inhaled tobramycin has a positive effect on respiratory function in Pseudomonas-aeruginosa positive patients with cystic fibrosis (CF)...
- Ability of azlocillin and tobramycin in combination to delay or prevent resistance development in Pseudomonas aeruginosaY L Wu
School of Pharmacy, The Queen s University of Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 44:389-92. 1999The ability of combinations of azlocillin and tobramycin to prevent or delay resistance development in eight Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from cystic fibrosis (CF) patients was studied using chequerboard titration and in-vitro serial ..
- Protective effect of edaravone against tobramycin-induced ototoxicityMonika Stenkvist Asplund
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Otolaryngol 129:8-13. 2009..that simultaneous treatment with the radical scavenger edaravone has an effective protective effect against tobramycin ototoxicity in rat...
- Evaluation of clinical efficacy and safety of tobramycin/dexamethasone ophthalmic suspension 0.3%/0.05% compared to azithromycin ophthalmic solution 1% in the treatment of moderate to severe acute blepharitis/blepharoconjunctivitisGail L Torkildsen
Andover Eye Associates, Andover, MA 01810, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:171-8. 2011To evaluate the clinical efficacy and safety of tobramycin/dexamethasone (TobraDex ST ; 'ST') ophthalmic suspension 0.3%/0...
- Effectiveness of a new tobramycin (0.3%) and dexamethasone (0.05%) formulation in the treatment of experimental Pseudomonas keratitisClare McCormick
Department of Microbiology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:1569-75. 2008To quantitatively determine, in a Pseudomonas keratitis model, the anti-inflammatory and bactericidal properties of a new formulation of tobramycin (0.3%) and dexamethasone (0.05%) that utilizes a xanthan gum vehicle.
- Efficacy and safety of netilmycin/dexamethasone preservative-free and tobramycin/dexamethasone-preserved fixed combination in patients after cataract surgeryVeronica Pianini
UO Oculistica, Stabilimento Ospedaliero di Carrara, Azienda USL 1 di Massa Carrara, Italy
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 26:617-21. 2010To compare the efficacy and safety of preservative-free Netilmycin/Dexamethasone with that of preserved Tobramycin/Dexamethasone, postcataract surgery.
- Alginate overproduction affects Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm structure and functionM Hentzer
Department of Microbiology, Technical University of Denmark, 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
J Bacteriol 183:5395-401. 2001..strain exhibit a highly structured architecture and are significantly more resistant to the antibiotic tobramycin than a biofilm formed by an isogenic nonmucoid strain...
- Shifting patterns of inhaled antibiotic use in cystic fibrosisSamuel M Moskowitz
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195 7740, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 43:874-81. 2008..Our working hypothesis was that a shift from acute to chronic use of inhaled antibiotics has coincided with increased prevalence of use among CF patients...
- Controlled trial of aztreonam vs. tobramycin and azlocillin for acute pulmonary exacerbations of cystic fibrosisJ A Bosso
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112
Pediatr Infect Dis J 7:171-6. 1988The efficacy of aztreonam was compared to that of standard therapy consisting of tobramycin and azlocillin in the treatment of acute pulmonary exacerbations of cystic fibrosis in a randomized, open trial...
- Efficacy and safety of aerosolized tobramycin in cystic fibrosisV B Pai
Idaho State University and St Luke s Regional Medical Center, Boise, Idaho 83712, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 32:314-27. 2001Aerosolized tobramycin has been extensively used in cystic fibrosis (CF) patients in order to directly deliver the antibiotic to the endobronchial site of infection, and decrease toxicity by limiting systemic absorption...
- [Efficacy assessment of azithromycin 1.5% eye drops versus tobramycin 0.3% on clinical signs of purulent bacterial conjunctivitis]P Y Robert
Service d Ophtalmologie, CHU Dupuytren, 2, avenue Martin Luther King, 87042 Limoges Cedex, France
J Fr Ophtalmol 33:241-8. 2010..These clinical signs appear quickly and are contagious. This study compares the clinical efficacy (signs and symptoms) and safety of azithromycin 1.5% eye drops with tobramycin 0.3%.
- A component of innate immunity prevents bacterial biofilm developmentPradeep K Singh
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Nature 417:552-5. 2002..These findings reveal a specific anti-biofilm defence mechanism acting at a critical juncture in biofilm development, the time bacteria stop roaming as individuals and aggregate into durable communities...
- Protein composition of human prespliceosomes isolated by a tobramycin affinity-selection methodKlaus Hartmuth
Department of Cellular Biochemistry, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, D 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:16719-24. 2002..To this end, we have developed a tobramycin affinity-selection method that is generally applicable for the purification of native RNP complexes...
- Tobramycin affinity tag purification of spliceosomesKlaus Hartmuth
Department of Cellular Biochemistry, Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, , Germany
Methods Mol Biol 257:47-64. 2004..A tobramycin-binding aptamer cotranscriptionally added to the 3' end of the pre-mRNA is used to bind the pre-mRNA to ..
- Effect of once-daily dosing vs. multiple daily dosing of tobramycin on enzyme markers of nephrotoxicityKeith M Olsen
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986045 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Crit Care Med 32:1678-82. 2004To determine the incidence of nephrotoxicity of once-daily dosing (ODD) and multiple daily dosing (MDD) regimens of tobramycin in critically ill patients.
- Differing effects of combination chemotherapy with meropenem and tobramycin on cell kill and suppression of resistance of wild-type Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 and its isogenic MexAB efflux pump-overexpressed mutantG L Drusano
Ordway Research Institute, 150 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:2266-73. 2009..The suppression of resistance requires greater drug exposure. We examined the combination of meropenem and tobramycin for kill and resistance suppression (wild-type Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 and its isogenic MexAB-overexpressed ..
- The pharmacokinetics of Simplex-tobramycin bone cementG J Sterling
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Prince Charles Hospital, Chermside, Queensland, Australia
J Bone Joint Surg Br 85:646-9. 2003..total hip replacement (THR) for osteoarthritis in order to establish the elution characteristics of Simplex-tobramycin bone cement (Howmedica, Limerick, Ireland)...
- Implementation of European standards of care for cystic fibrosis--control and treatment of infectionJ S Elborn
Respiratory Medicine Research Group, Queen s University, Belfast City Hospital, Ground Floor, Lisburn Rd, Belfast, BT9 7AB, UK
J Cyst Fibros 8:211-7. 2009..Several guidelines on infection control and treatment of infection exist for cystic fibrosis (CF) caregivers, although the extent of implementation is variable...
- The efficacy and safety of meropenem and tobramycin vs ceftazidime and tobramycin in the treatment of acute pulmonary exacerbations in patients with cystic fibrosisJeffrey L Blumer
Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Chest 128:2336-46. 2005..of IV meropenem (40 mg/kg to 2 g q8h) or ceftazidime (5 mg/kg to 2 g q8h), each of which was administered with IV tobramycin (at a serum peak of > or = 8 microg/mL and a trough of < 2 microg/mL), as treatment for CF patients with APEs.
- The long-term use of inhaled tobramycin in patients with cystic fibrosisC M Bowman
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, 135 Rutledge Ave, Rm 281, P O Box 250561, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Cyst Fibros 1:194-8. 2002b>Tobramycin nebuliser solution (TNS) has been investigated in several clinical trials, including a large, placebo-controlled study that demonstrated efficacy over a 24-week period...
- Liposomal tobramycin against pulmonary infections of Pseudomonas aeruginosa: a pharmacokinetic and efficacy study following single and multiple intratracheal administrations in ratsJ F Marier
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Antimicrob Chemother 52:247-52. 2003OBJECTIVE: To determine the pharmacokinetics and efficacy of tobramycin against pulmonary infections of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in rats after intratracheal administration of conventional and liposomal formulations...
- Inhalation of a dry powder tobramycin PulmoSphere formulation in healthy volunteersMichael T Newhouse
Inhale Therapeutic Systems Inc, San Carlos, CA 94070, USA
Chest 124:360-6. 2003STUDY OBJECTIVES: To evaluate the efficiency and reproducibility of pulmonary delivery of an investigational tobramycin PulmoSphere formulation (PStob) [Inhale Therapeutic Systems; San Carlos, CA] by a passive dry powder inhaler, and to ..
- 3-day treatment with azithromycin 1.5% eye drops versus 7-day treatment with tobramycin 0.3% for purulent bacterial conjunctivitis: multicentre, randomised and controlled trial in adults and childrenIsabelle Cochereau
Service d Ophtalmologie, CHU d Angers, 4, rue Larrey, 49033 Angers, France
Br J Ophthalmol 91:465-9. 2007To compare the efficacy and safety of Azyter, azithromycin 1.5% eye drops, for 3 days with tobramycin 0.3% for 7 days to treat purulent bacterial conjunctivitis.
- In vitro activity of the aerosolized agents colistin and tobramycin and five intravenous agents against Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from cystic fibrosis patients in southwestern GermanyTanja Schülin
Department of Microbiology and Hygiene, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Antimicrob Chemother 49:403-6. 2002..for ceftazidime, ciprofloxacin, fosfomycin, meropenem and piperacillin, and the aerosolized agents colistin and tobramycin. Meropenem, ceftazidime and piperacillin were the most potent agents (susceptibility 86.2%, 84...
- Acute renal failure associated with vancomycin- and tobramycin-laden cement in total hip arthroplastyBenjamin N Patrick
The University of Montana and Community Medical Center, Missoula, MT 59812-1522, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:2037-42. 2006..She developed ARF 5 months following implantation, concurrent with an elevated serum tobramycin concentration of 5.5 microg/mL...
- Acute renal failure associated with inhaled tobramycinCarrie A Cannella
Department of Pharmacy, The University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, 66160, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 63:1858-61. 2006A case of nephrotoxicity possibly caused by tobramycin inhalation solution is presented.
- Comparison of piperacillin/tazobactam and imipenem/cilastatin, both in combination with tobramycin, administered every 6 h for treatment of nosocomial pneumoniaManjari Joshi
University of Maryland School of Medicine, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Respir Med 100:1554-65. 2006..Treatment groups had similar number of mean hospital days, readmission rates, and frequency of AEs. This study showed that P/T administered four times per day was as safe and efficacious as IMP in treating hospitalized patients with NP...
- Efficacy, safety, and local pharmacokinetics of highly concentrated nebulized tobramycin in patients with cystic fibrosis colonized with Pseudomonas aeruginosaGerard Lenoir
Service of General Paediatrics, Necker Enfants Malades Hospital, Paris, France
Paediatr Drugs 9:11-20. 2007..This trial was designed to investigate the efficacy and safety of a highly concentrated (300mg/4mL) tobramycin solution for inhalation (TSI) [Bramitob] in patients with CF and P. aeruginosa infection.
- Generic tobramycin elutes from bone cement faster than proprietary tobramycinR L McLaren
Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, 1300 N 12th Street, Suite 620, Phoenix, AZ 85006, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:1372-6. 2008..For greater volume fractions of filler, greater elution occurs. The volume of generic tobramycin powder is more than 3.5 times the volume of proprietary tobramycin powder for a 1...
- Crystal structure of a complex between the aminoglycoside tobramycin and an oligonucleotide containing the ribosomal decoding a siteQuentin Vicens
Institut de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Modélisation et Simulations des Acides Nucléiques, UPR 9002, Universite Louis Pasteur, 15 rue Rene Descartes, 67084 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Chem Biol 9:747-55. 2002..containing the A site sequence complexed to the 4,6-disubstituted 2-deoxystreptamine aminoglycoside tobramycin. The three aminosugar rings making up tobramycin interact with the deep-groove atoms directly or via water ..
- Mucin-Pseudomonas aeruginosa interactions promote biofilm formation and antibiotic resistanceRebecca M Landry
Department of Chemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Mol Microbiol 59:142-51. 2006..on mucin-coated surfaces developed large cellular aggregates and had increased tolerance to the antibiotic tobramycin compared with biofilms grown on glass...
- Phase 3 safety comparisons for 1.0% azithromycin in polymeric mucoadhesive eye drops versus 0.3% tobramycin eye drops for bacterial conjunctivitisEugene Protzko
Seidenberg Protzko Eye Associates, Havre de Grace, Maryland 21078, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:3425-9. 2007To compare the safety and tolerability of 1.0% azithromycin in a polymeric mucoadhesive delivery system with 0.3% tobramycin ophthalmic solution for the treatment of bacterial conjunctivitis.
- Antibacterial activities of a fosfomycin/tobramycin combination: a novel inhaled antibiotic for bronchiectasisDavid L MacLeod
Gilead Sciences, Inc, Seattle, WA 98121, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 64:829-36. 2009To compare the in vitro and in vivo activities of a 4:1 (w/w) fosfomycin/tobramycin combination (FTI) with those of fosfomycin and tobramycin alone against cystic fibrosis (CF) and non-CF bronchiectasis pathogens.
- Vestibulotoxicity as a consequence of systemically administered tobramycin in cystic fibrosis patientsRenske J Scheenstra
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Otolaryngol 129:4-7. 2009..4%) in cystic fibrosis (CF) patients supports vestibulotoxicity screening in CF patients during or after tobramycin exposure. Prospective longitudinal investigation is required for a more specific evidence-based proposal.
- Experience with a once-daily dosing program of aminoglycosides in critically ill patientsS E Buijk
Dept of Surgical Intensive Care, Erasmus MC Rotterdam, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 28:936-42. 2002..As aminoglycosides show concentration-dependent killing, once-daily aminoglycoside (ODA) regimens have been instituted. Data on experience with ODA regimens in critically ill patients are limited...
- Comparison of topical 0.3% ofloxacin with fortified tobramycin plus cefazolin in the treatment of bacterial keratitisA Panda
Cornea Service Dr Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Eye (Lond) 13:744-7. 1999..We compared ofloxacin 3% solution with a combination of fortified tobramycin sulphate and cefazolin sodium solutions in the treatment of culture-proven bacterial keratitis.
- Single daily tobramycin dosing in cystic fibrosis: is it better for the patients or the bugs?Heather L Vandenbussche
Pharmacy Department, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, USA
Lancet 365:547-8. 2005
- Vestibular toxicity due to inhaled tobramycin in a patient with renal insufficiencyRandall S Edson
Division of Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 79:1185-91. 2004Inhaled tobramycin is being used increasingly in patients with cystic fibrosis and other forms of bronchiectasis for treatment of bronchial colonization with Pseudomonas aeruginosa...
- TOBI: reducing the impact of pseudomonal infectionJohn Govan
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Edinburgh EH8 9AG
Hosp Med 63:421-5. 2002..b>Tobramycin nebulizer solution (TOBI, Chiron Corporation Ltd, Hounslow) has been specifically formulated for use against P...
- A formulation of aerosolized tobramycin (Bramitob) in the treatment of patients with cystic fibrosis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter studyAlexander Chuchalin
Scientific Research Pulmonology Institute, Russian State Medical University, Moscow, Russia
Paediatr Drugs 9:21-31. 2007..The purpose of this trial was to assess the efficacy and tolerability of a tobramycin highly concentrated solution for inhalation (TSI) [300mg/4mL; Bramitob when added to other antipseudomonal ..
- Acute renal failure in cystic fibrosis: association with inhaled tobramycin therapyIngrid M Hoffmann
Department of Pediatrics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27157-1081, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 34:375-7. 2002..a 20-year-old patient with cystic fibrosis who developed acute nonoliguric renal failure associated with inhaled tobramycin. Clinical evaluation and renal biopsy findings were consistent with aminoglycoside-induced changes...
- Binding of tobramycin leads to conformational changes in yeast tRNA(Asp) and inhibition of aminoacylationFrank Walter
UPR 9002 du CNRS, , , F-67084 Strasbourg Cedex, France
EMBO J 21:760-8. 2002..aminoacylation kinetics of unmodified yeast tRNA(Asp) transcript indicate that the complex between tRNA(Asp) and tobramycin is a competitive inhibitor of the aspartylation reaction with an inhibition constant (K(I)) of 36 nM...
- Open follow-up study of tobramycin nebuliser solution and colistin in patients with cystic fibrosisDavid Adeboyeku
Department of Cystic Fibrosis, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London, UK
J Cyst Fibros 5:261-3. 2006A previous study of tobramycin nebuliser solution (TNS) compared with colistin [C] in cystic fibrosis (CF) patients, chronically infected with pseudomonas, showed benefit for the TNS treated patients over one treatment cycle only...
- Influence of gentamicin and tobramycin on binary biofilm formation by co-cultures of Burkholderia cepacia and Pseudomonas aeruginosaAmal G Al-Bakri
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, England, UK
J Basic Microbiol 45:392-6. 2005..Pans, containing established biofilms, were swapped between CDFFs. Biofilms were treated either for 5 days with tobramycin (0.3 mg/ml) prior to pan-swapping, or with gentamicin (1 mg/ml) immediately following pan-swapping...
- Breakpoints for predicting Pseudomonas aeruginosa susceptibility to inhaled tobramycin in cystic fibrosis patients: use of high-range Etest stripsMaría I Morosini
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 43:4480-5. 2005Inhaled administration of tobramycin assures high concentrations in cystic fibrotic lungs, improving the therapeutic ratio over that of parenteral tobramycin levels, particularly against Pseudomonas aeruginosa...
- Determination of tobramycin in saliva is not suitable for therapeutic drug monitoring of patients with cystic fibrosisVibeke Madsen
Department of Pharmaceutics, The Danish University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Cyst Fibros 3:249-51. 2004BACKGROUND: Tobramycin, used in the treatment of infections caused by Gram-negative bacteria, requires therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) due to its narrow therapeutic index...
- Antimicrobial therapy for pulmonary pathogenic colonisation and infection by Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosis patientsR Canton
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:690-703. 2005..signs of colonisation, should be with oral ciprofloxacin (15-20 mg/kg twice-daily for 3-4 weeks) plus inhaled tobramycin or colistin (intravenous treatment with or without inhaled treatment can be used as an alternative), while ..
- Pharmacodynamics of tobramycin in patients with cystic fibrosisJohan W Mouton
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Canisius Wilhelmina Ziekenhuis Nijmegen, 6532 SZ Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 52:123-7. 2005..They received tobramycin 3.3 mg/kg tid as initial therapy in combination with ticarcillin 125 mg/kg qid...
- Antibiotic tolerance induced by lactoferrin in clinical Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from cystic fibrosis patientsMaría T Andrés
Laboratory of Oral Microbiology, School of Stomatology, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1613-6. 2005Lactoferrin-induced cell depolarization and a delayed tobramycin-killing effect on Pseudomonas aeruginosa cells were correlated...
- Development of a rapid colorimetric time-kill assay for determining the in vitro activity of ceftazidime and tobramycin in combination against Pseudomonas aeruginosaFintan Moriarty
Clinical and Practice Research Group, School of Pharmacy, Queen's University Belfast, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, United Kingdom
J Microbiol Methods 61:171-9. 2005..aeruginosa. The assay was used to determine the in vitro activity of ceftazidime and tobramycin in combination against P...
- Once versus three-times daily regimens of tobramycin treatment for pulmonary exacerbations of cystic fibrosis--the TOPIC study: a randomised controlled trialAlan Smyth
Department of Child Health, University of Nottingham and Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Lancet 365:573-8. 2005Intravenous tobramycin (three-times daily) is widely used for pulmonary exacerbations in patients with cystic fibrosis who have chronic Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection...
- Effect of oxygen limitation on the in vitro antimicrobial susceptibility of clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa grown planktonically and as biofilmsT R Field
Clinical and Practice Research Group, School of Pharmacy, Queen's University Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast, BT9 7BL, UK
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 24:677-87. 2005..However, tobramycin was less effective at inhibiting planktonic bacterial growth under anaerobic conditions, with the MIC50 of ..
- Evaluation of the E test for the assessment of synergy of antibiotic combinations against multiresistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from cystic fibrosis patientsB Balke
, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl-Neuberg-Strasse 1, 30625 Hanover, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 25:25-30. 2006..The rate of synergy was higher for the antibiotic combination of ceftazidime and tobramycin (28.8% of the cystic fibrosis strains) than for the combination of meropenem and tobramycin (19.0%)...
- Sputum antibiotic concentrations: implications for treatment of cystic fibrosis lung infectionT F Moriarty
The Clinical and Practice Research Group, School of Pharmacy, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, UK
Pediatr Pulmonol 42:1008-17. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine whether PDIs associated with clinical effectiveness for ceftazidime and tobramycin were achieved at the site of infection in the lungs of cystic fibrosis (CF) patients following intravenous ..
- Estimating in vivo airway surface liquid concentration in trials of inhaled antibioticsM A Hasan
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Aerosol Med 20:282-93. 2007..Examples of concentration estimates for two case studies: one for the antibiotic tobramycin against Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and another for taurolidine against Burkholderia cepacia are presented...
- Cystic fibrosis: ironing out the problem of infection?David W Reid
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 295:L23-4. 2008
- Synergy between polyethylenimine and different families of antibiotics against a resistant clinical isolate of Pseudomonas aeruginosaHayssam Khalil
Faculty of Life Sciences, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710072, People s Republic of China
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1635-41. 2008..These results indicate that infections due to resistant Pseudomonas strains could be treated by the use of a synergistic combination of PEI and antimicrobial drugs...
- Rapid pulmonary delivery of inhaled tobramycin for Pseudomonas infection in cystic fibrosis: a pilot projectAllan L Coates
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Pediatr Pulmonol 43:753-9. 2008Patients with cystic fibrosis spend as much 30 min a day inhaling tobramycin. Could a new rapid system deposit the equivalent amount of tobramycin faster?
- Clinical pharmacology study of Bramitob, a tobramycin solution for nebulization, in comparison with TobiGianluigi Poli
R and D Chiesi Farmaceutici S p A, Parma, Italy
Paediatr Drugs 9:3-9. 2007To compare in vitro characteristics and pharmacokinetics of Bramitob, a preservative-free tobramycin solution for nebulization, and Tobi in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection.
- Influence of high mutation rates on the mechanisms and dynamics of in vitro and in vivo resistance development to single or combined antipseudomonal agentsV Plasencia
Servicio de Microbiología and Unidad de Investigación, Hospital Son Dureta, Instituto Universitario de Investigación en Ciencias de la Salud, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2574-81. 2007..studied the mechanisms and dynamics of the development of resistance to ceftazidime (CAZ) alone or combined with tobramycin (TOB) or ciprofloxacin (CIP) in vitro and in vivo (using a mouse model of lung infection with human antibiotic ..
- Long-term benefits of inhaled tobramycin in children with cystic fibrosis: first clinical observations from PolandIwona Stelmach
Department of Pediatrics and Allergy, N Copernicus Hospital, Lodz, Poland
Respiration 75:178-81. 2008..Respiratory disease is the major cause of mortality in cystic fibrosis (CF) patients and inhaled antibiotic therapy may contribute to the stabilization of lung function...
- Novel tobramycin inhalation powder in cystic fibrosis subjects: pharmacokinetics and safetyDavid E Geller
Nemours Children s Clinic, Orlando, Florida 32806, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 42:307-13. 2007..We evaluated the pharmacokinetics (PK) and safety of tobramycin inhalation powder (TIP), a novel dry-powder formulation designed to deliver a high payload of tobramycin ..
- Addition of inhaled tobramycin to ciprofloxacin for acute exacerbations of Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection in adult bronchiectasisDiana Bilton
Papworth Hospital, Adult CF Centre, Papworth Everard Cambridge, Cambridge CB38RE, UK
Chest 130:1503-10. 2006..Inhaled tobramycin solution reduces the number of acute exacerbations in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF)-related bronchiectasis ..
- Effect of pH on the antimicrobial susceptibility of planktonic and biofilm-grown clinical Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolatesT F Moriarty
Clinical and Practice Research Group, School of Pharmacy, Queen s University Belfast, Northern Ireland
Br J Biomed Sci 64:101-4. 2007..aeruginosa isolates, grown planktonically and as biofilms, to tobramycin and ceftazidime...
- Use of Gallium to Prevent Pseudomonas Biofilm FormationBradley Britigan; Fiscal Year: 2005..aeruginosa biofilm formation and enhances its susceptibility to tobramycin. Gallium (Ca), a group IliA transition metal disrupts the Fe metabolism of many cell types...
- Antibiotic-mediated Adaptation of Pseudomonas aeruginosaLUCAS HOFFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..aeruginosa responds specifically to subinhibitory concentrations of the antibiotic tobramycin with increased biofilm formation. Tobramycin-induced biofilms are more resistant to further antibiotic challenge...
- OCULAR PATHOGENESIS AND THERAPY OF BACTERIAL KERATITISJames Hill; Fiscal Year: 1993..corneal scarring; 2) Determine if steroids (dexamethasone or prednisolone) plus antibiotics (ciprofloxacin or tobramycin) can reduce irreversible corneal scarring; 3) Determine if other agents such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory ..
- Developing D-methionine as an Aminoglycoside OtoprotectantKathleen Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2007..proof of concept data for gentamicin and amikacin otoprotection, to determine if D-met also protects against tobramycin-induced ototoxicity, and to ensure that D-met does not interfere with the antimicrobial action of these ..
- Developing D-methionine as an Aminoglycoside OtoprotectantKATHLEEN CHARLOTTE MURPHEY CAMPBELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..proof of concept data for gentamicin and amikacin otoprotection, to determine if D-met also protects against tobramycin-induced ototoxicity, and to ensure that D-met does not interfere with the antimicrobial action of these ..
- Developing D-methionine as an Aminoglycoside OtoprotectantKathleen Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2009..proof of concept data for gentamicin and amikacin otoprotection, to determine if D-met also protects against tobramycin-induced ototoxicity, and to ensure that D-met does not interfere with the antimicrobial action of these ..
- Developing D-methionine as an Aminoglycoside OtoprotectantKathleen Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Early Antipseudomonal Therapy in Cystic FibrosisBonnie Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2007..e., treatment provided systematically in quarterly cycles until the end of the 18-month study period. Inhaled tobramycin and oral ciprofloxacin have bean selected as first choice antimicrobials for this trial, based on a consensus ..
- Respirable ciprofloxacin aerosol for inhaled anthraxBrooks Hybertson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Although several water-soluble antibiotics, including tobramycin, have been formulated for pulmonary delivery as inhaled aerosols, respirable particles of highly lipophilic ..
- SUPRAER, High Dose Rate Aerosol Drug DeliveryDONOVAN YEATES; Fiscal Year: 2007..SUPRAER will be used to generate aerosols of surfactant, tobramycin, insulin and mannitol...
- INHALED TOBRAMYCIN IN YOUNG CYSTIC FIBROSIS PATIENTSBonnie Ramsey; Fiscal Year: 2003..of this proposal is to determine the short-term microbiologic efficacy and safety of an inhaled antibiotic, tobramycin solution for inhalation (TOBI), in infants and young children with cystic fibrosis (CF) and documented ..
- FLUORESCENT LABELING OF NUCLEIC ACIDSLARRY MCLAUGHLIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will examine the structure stabilizing abilities of Tobramycin, Neomycin B, and various analogues constructed on a Neamine core disaccharide...
- Beacon Aptamers for the Detection of Small MoleculesDaniel Morse; Fiscal Year: 2006..The selection strategy will be tested by using the antibiotic tobramycin as the target...
- INHALED AZTREONAM FOR CYSTIC FIBROSISAlan Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2006..the ability of inhaled aztreonam (AI) to maintain or improve the clinical status following a 28-day course of tobramycin solution for inhalation...
- MENTORED PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWMargaret Rosenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2004..The initial development of proposed model will be conducted utilizing aerosolized tobramycin, which has been shown to be safe and effective in the treatment of CF patients over six years of age and was ..