Genomes and Genes
Summary: Any compound that contains a constituent sugar, in which the hydroxyl group attached to the first carbon is substituted by an alcoholic, phenolic, or other group. They are named specifically for the sugar contained, such as glucoside (glucose), pentoside (pentose), fructoside (fructose), etc. Upon hydrolysis, a sugar and nonsugar component (aglycone) are formed. (From Dorland, 28th ed; From Miall's Dictionary of Chemistry, 5th ed)
Publications370 found, 100 shown here
- Phenolic glycosides of the Salicaceae and their role as anti-herbivore defensesG Andreas Boeckler
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Department of Biochemistry, Hans Knöll Str 8, 07745 Jena, Germany
Phytochemistry 72:1497-509. 2011..components, especially a series of glycosylated and esterified derivatives of salicyl alcohol known as "phenolic glycosides". These substances have received extensive attention with regard to their part in plant-herbivore interactions...
- Jasmonate and ppHsystemin regulate key Malonylation steps in the biosynthesis of 17-Hydroxygeranyllinalool Diterpene Glycosides, an abundant and effective direct defense against herbivores in Nicotiana attenuataSven Heiling
Department of Molecular Ecology, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Jena, Germany 07745
Plant Cell 22:273-92. 2010We identified 11 17-hydroxygeranyllinalool diterpene glycosides (HGL-DTGs) that occur in concentrations equivalent to starch (mg/g fresh mass) in aboveground tissues of coyote tobacco (Nicotiana attenuata) and differ in their sugar ..
- MATE2 mediates vacuolar sequestration of flavonoid glycosides and glycoside malonates in Medicago truncatulaJian Zhao
Plant Biology Division, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, Oklahoma 73401, USA
Plant Cell 23:1536-55. 2011..In contrast, MATE2 shows higher transport capacity for anthocyanins and lower efficiency for other flavonoid glycosides. Three malonyltransferases that are coexpressed with MATE2 were identified...
- Effects of total flavonoids and flavonol glycosides from Epimedium koreanum Nakai on the proliferation and differentiation of primary osteoblastsD W Zhang
Department of Natural Products Chemistry, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, PR China
Phytomedicine 15:55-61. 2008In a bioassay-guided drug screening for anti-osteoporosis activity, eight flavonol glycosides were isolated from Epimedium koreanum Nakai, which is traditionally widely used in China for the treatment of impotence and osteoporosis...
- Cucurbitacins and cucurbitane glycosides: structures and biological activitiesJian Chao Chen
State Key Laboratory of Phytochemistry and Plant Resources in West China, Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, 650204, Yunnan, P R China
Nat Prod Rep 22:386-99. 2005..According to the characteristics of their structures, cucurbitacins are divided into twelve categories. The biological effects of the cucurbitacins are also covered...
- Triterpene glycosides from sea cucumbers and their biological activitiesSe Kwon Kim
Department of Chemistry, Pukyong National University, Busan, Republic of Korea
Adv Food Nutr Res 65:297-319. 2012Triterpenoid glycosides are abundantly present in sea cucumbers, which are responsible for the toxicity of these echinoderms...
- Constraints on effectiveness of cyanogenic glycosides in herbivore defenseRoslyn M Gleadow
School of Botany, The University of Melbourne Victoria, Australia
J Chem Ecol 28:1301-13. 2002..This has led to a certain degree of scepticism regarding the role of cyanogenic glycosides as defense compounds...
- Biosynthesis and structure of aeruginoside 126A and 126B, cyanobacterial peptide glycosides bearing a 2-carboxy-6-hydroxyoctahydroindole moietyKeishi Ishida
Institute of Biology, Humboldt University Berlin, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Chem Biol 14:565-76. 2007..In silico analyses of the aeruginoside biosynthetic genes aerA-aerI as well as additional mutagenesis and feeding studies allowed the prediction of enzymatic steps leading to the formation of aeruginosides and the unusual Choi moiety...
- Reconstitution of Gloeobacter violaceus rhodopsin with a light-harvesting carotenoid antennaEleonora S Imasheva
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
Biochemistry 48:10948-55. 2009....
- Inhibition of free radical initiated peroxidation of human erythrocyte ghosts by flavonols and their glycosidesLifen Hou
National Laboratory of Applied Organic Chemistry, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, China
Org Biomol Chem 2:1419-23. 2004..study the free radical-induced damage of biological membranes and the protective effect of flavonols and their glycosides, i.e...
- A crystal structure of the bifunctional antibiotic simocyclinone D8, bound to DNA gyraseMarcus J Edwards
Department of Biological Chemistry, John Innes Centre, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Science 326:1415-8. 2009..Our results should facilitate the design of drug molecules that target these unexploited binding pockets...
- Norpregnane glycosides from a Thai soft coral, Scleronephthya pallidaP Kittakoop
National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, NSTDA, 73 1 Rama VI Road, Rajdhevee, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Nat Prod 62:318-20. 1999Two new norpregnane glycosides, 19-norpregna-1,3,5(10), 20-tetraen-3-O-alpha-fucopyranoside (3) and 19-norpregna-1,3,5(10), 20-tetraen-3-O-beta-arabinopyranoside (4), were isolated from the soft coral Scleronephthya pallida, along with ..
- Cyanosporasides A and B, chloro- and cyano-cyclopenta[a]indene glycosides from the marine actinomycete "Salinispora pacifica"Dong Chan Oh
Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Org Lett 8:1021-4. 2006structure: see text] Two structurally novel cyclopenta[a]indene glycosides, cyanosporasides A and B (1 and 2) have been isolated from the culture broth of a new species of the obligate marine actinomycete genus Salinispora...
- HPLC-MSn identification and quantification of flavonol glycosides in 28 wild and cultivated berry speciesMaja Mikulic-Petkovsek
University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Department of Agronomy, Jamnikarjeva 101, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Food Chem 135:2138-46. 2012..More than 50 different flavonols (glycosides of quercetin, myricetin, kaempferol, isorhamnetin, syringetin and laricitrin) have been detected and quantified ..
- Study of the collision-induced radical cleavage of flavonoid glycosides using negative electrospray ionization tandem quadrupole mass spectrometryErlend Hvattum
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Agricultural University of Norway, N 1432 As, Norway
J Mass Spectrom 38:43-9. 2003..collision-induced dissociation (CID) of the O-glycosidic bond from different commercially available flavonoid glycosides. Depending on the structure, flavonoid glycosides can undergo both a collision-induced homolytic and heterolytic ..
- Glycosides from marine sponges (Porifera, Demospongiae): structures, taxonomical distribution, biological activities and biological rolesVladimir I Kalinin
G B Elyakov Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Science, Vladivostok, Prospect 100 Letya Vladivostoka 159, Russia
Mar Drugs 10:1671-710. 2012Literature data about glycosides from sponges (Porifera, Demospongiae) are reviewed. Structural diversity, biological activities, taxonomic distribution and biological functions of these natural products are discussed.
- Synaptosides A and A1, triterpene glycosides from the sea cucumber Synapta maculata containing 3-O-methylglucuronic acid and their cytotoxic activity against tumor cellsSergey A Avilov
Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Far East Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Vladivostok, Russian Federation
J Nat Prod 71:525-31. 2008Two novel triterpene holostane glycosides, synaptosides A ( 1) and A 1 ( 2), have been isolated from the Vietnamese sea cucumber Synapta maculata (Synaptida, Apodida)...
- Synthesis and sensory evaluation of ent-kaurane diterpene glycosidesIndra Prakash
Organic Chemistry Department, Global Research and Development, The Coca Cola Company, One Coca Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA
Molecules 17:8908-16. 2012Catalytic hydrogenation of the three ent-kaurane diterpene glycosides isolated from Stevia rebaudiana, namely rubusoside, stevioside, and rebaudioside-A has been carried out using Pd(OH)₂ and their corresponding dihydro derivatives have ..
- Cytotoxic triterpene glycosides from the sea cucumber Pseudocolochirus violaceusShu Yu Zhang
Research Center for Marine Drugs, College of Pharmacy, 2nd Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Fitoterapia 78:283-7. 2007..Both the glycosides exhibited significant cytotoxicity against cancer cell lines MKN-45 and HCT-116.
- Triterpene glycosides from Antarctic sea cucumbers. 1. Structure of liouvillosides A1, A2, A3, B1, and B2 from the sea cucumber Staurocucumis liouvillei: new procedure for separation of highly polar glycoside fractions and taxonomic revisionAlexandr S Antonov
Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of the Far East Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Pr 100 letya Vladivostoka 159, 690022, Vladivostok, Russian Federation
J Nat Prod 71:1677-85. 2008Five new triterpene glycosides, liouvillosides A1 (1), A2 (2), A3 (3), B1 (4), and B2 (5), have been isolated from the Antarctic sea cucumber Staurocucumis liouviellei along with the known liouvilloside A(6), isolated earlier from the ..
- Steviol glycoside biosynthesisJ E Brandle
Southern Crop Protection and Food Research Center, 1391 Sandford Street, London, Ont, Canada N5V 4T3
Phytochemistry 68:1855-63. 2007Steviol glycosides are found in high concentrations in the leaves of the Paraguayan perennial herb Stevia rebaudiana and their intense sweetness, as well as high concentration in Stevia leaf tissue, has made them the subject of research ..
- Cytotoxic angucycline class glycosides from the deep sea actinomycete Streptomyces lusitanus SCSIO LR32Hongbo Huang
Guangdong Key Laboratory of Marine Materia Medica, RNAM Center for Marine Microbiology, South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou 510301, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 75:202-8. 2012..All compounds except grincamycin F (5) exhibited in vitro cytotoxicities against the human cancer cell lines HepG2, SW-1990, HeLa, NCI-H460, and MCF-7 and the mouse melanoma cell line B16, with IC₅₀ values ranging from 1.1 to 31 μM...
- Aurantosides G, H, and I: three new tetramic acid glycosides from a Papua New Guinea Theonella swinhoeiAnokha S Ratnayake
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
J Nat Prod 68:104-7. 2005..Aurantosides G-I (1-3) failed to show any significant cytotoxicity against the human colon tumor cell line HCT-116...
- Analysis of PRODUCTION OF FLAVONOL GLYCOSIDES-dependent flavonol glycoside accumulation in Arabidopsis thaliana plants reveals MYB11-, MYB12- and MYB111-independent flavonol glycoside accumulationRalf Stracke
Department of Biology, Bielefeld University, Genome Research, D 33594 Bielefeld, Germany
New Phytol 188:985-1000. 2010..We present evidence that a separate flavonol control mechanism might be at play in pollen...
- The sugar moiety is a major determinant of the absorption of dietary flavonoid glycosides in manP C Hollman
DLO State Institute for Quality Control of Agricultural Products RIKILT DLO, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Free Radic Res 31:569-73. 1999Flavonoids are antioxidants present in plant foods. They occur mainly as glycosides, i.e. linked with various sugars. It is uncertain to what extent dietary flavonoid glycosides are absorbed from the gut...
- Glycosyltransferases: managers of small moleculesDianna Bowles
Centre for Novel Agricultural Products CNAP, Department of Biology, University of York, York YO10 5DD, UK
Curr Opin Plant Biol 8:254-63. 2005....
- Silencing geranylgeranyl diphosphate synthase in Nicotiana attenuata dramatically impairs resistance to tobacco hornwormAmir Reza Jassbi
Department of Molecular Ecology, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Jena, Germany
Plant Physiol 146:974-86. 2008In bioassays with artificial diets, the 17-hydroxygeranyllinalool diterpenoid glycosides (HGL-DTGs) of Nicotiana attenuata function as antifeedants for the plant's adapted herbivore, tobacco hornworm (Manduca sexta)...
- Cytotoxic dammarane glycosides from processed ginsengIl Ho Park
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, South Korea
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:538-40. 2002..Their 50% growth inhibition concentration (GI50) values were 41, 11, 13, 37, and 13 microM, respectively. Cisplatin had a GI50 of 84 microM in the same assay conditions...
- Structures of the novel diterpene glycosides from Stevia rebaudianaVenkata Sai Prakash Chaturvedula
The Coca Cola Company, Organic Chemistry Department, Research and Technology, One Coca Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA
Carbohydr Res 346:1057-60. 2011From the commercial extract of the leaves of Stevia rebaudiana, two new diterpenoid glycosides were isolated besides the known steviol glycosides including stevioside, rebaudiosides A-F, rubusoside, and dulcoside A...
- Icaritin and its glycosides enhance osteoblastic, but suppress osteoclastic, differentiation and activity in vitroJian Huang
Department of Chemical Biology, Peking University School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, PR China
Life Sci 81:832-40. 2007....
- Triterpene glycosides from the Far Eastern sea cucumber Cucumaria conicospermiumSergey A Avilov
Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, the Far East Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 690022, Vladivostok, Russian Federation
J Nat Prod 66:910-6. 2003Four new triterpene glycosides, cucumariosides A(2)-5 (1), A(3)-2 (2), A(3)-3 (3), and isokoreoside A (4), along with the previously isolated koreoside A (5), have been found in the sea cucumber Cucumariaconicospermium...
- Differential apoptosis-inducing effect of quercetin and its glycosides in human promyeloleukemic HL-60 cells by alternative activation of the caspase 3 cascadeShing Chuan Shen
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, 250 Wu Hsing Street, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 89:1044-55. 2003..Both RUT and QUI are QUE glycosides, and possess rutinose and rhamnose at the C3 position of QUE, respectively...
- Triterpene glycosides from the Far-Eastern sea cucumber Pentamera calcigera. 1. Monosulfated glycosides and cytotoxicity of their unsulfated derivativesS A Avilov
Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, the Far Eastern Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 690022, Vladivostok, Russian Federation
J Nat Prod 63:65-71. 2000Three new monosulfated triterpene glycosides, calcigerosides B (2), C(1) (3), and C(2) (4), along with the known cucumarioside G(2) (1), have been isolated from the sea cucumber Pentamera calcigera...
- Mass spectrometry in the structural analysis of flavonoidsFilip Cuyckens
University of Antwerp, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universiteitsplein 1, B 2610 Antwerp, Belgium
J Mass Spectrom 39:1-15. 2004..Sample preparation, liquid chromatographic/mass spectrometric analysis and tandem mass spectrometric procedures for the characterization of flavonoid aglycones, O-glycosides, C-glycosides and acylated glycosides are considered.
- Detection of peonidin and pelargonidin glycosides in black carrots (Daucus carota ssp. sativus var. atrorubens Alef.) by high-performance liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization mass spectrometryDietmar Kammerer
Institute of Food Technology, Section Plant Foodstuff Technology, Hohenheim University, Garbenstrasse 25, D 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 17:2407-12. 2003..Besides the main compounds which have already been characterized in detail as cyanidin glycosides, six anthocyanins with m/z 757, 565, 595, 903, 933 and 903 were detected and unambiguously characterized as ..
- Pseudopterosin biosynthesis in Symbiodinium sp., the dinoflagellate symbiont of Pseudopterogorgia elisabethaeLaura D Mydlarz
Interdepartmental Graduate Program in Marine Science, University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Chem Biol 10:1051-6. 2003..that identify the biosynthetic source and origins of the pseudopterosins, pharmacologically important diterpene glycosides, in the gorgonian coral Pseudopterogorgia elisabethae...
- Antioxidant and antibacterial activity of two compounds (forsythiaside and forsythin) isolated from Forsythia suspensaHuanhuan Qu
Biology and Medicine Key Laboratory of Shaanxi Province, Northwest University, Xi an 710069, People s Republic of China
J Pharm Pharmacol 60:261-6. 2008..Owing to these properties, the study can be further extended to exploit the possible application of forsythiaside as an alternative antioxidant and antibacterial agent of natural origin...
- Diterpene glycosides from Stevia rebaudianaVenkata Sai Prakash Chaturvedula
The Coca Cola Company, Organic Chemistry Department, Research and Technology, One Coca Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA
Molecules 16:3552-62. 2011Three novel diterpene glycosides were isolated for the first time from the commercial extract of the leaves of Stevia rebaudiana, along with several known steviol glycosides, namely stevioside, rebaudiosides A-F, rubusoside and dulcoside ..
- Flavonol 3-O-glycosides series of Vitis vinifera Cv. Petit Verdot red wine grapesNoelia Castillo-Muñoz
Instituto Regional de Investigación Científica Aplicada, Escuela Universitaria de Ingenieria Tecnica Agricola, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Ciudad Real, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 57:209-19. 2009..This procedure allowed us to separate a fraction of anthocyanin-free flavonol 3-O-glycosides that was further split into neutral and acidic subfractions, thus facilitating flavonol identification...
- Hepatoprotective activity of picroliv, curcumin and ellagic acid compared to silymarin on paracetamol induced liver toxicity in miceC Girish
Department of Pharmacology, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research JIPMER, Pondicherry, India
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 23:735-45. 2009..These active phytochemicals may be developed as drugs for the treatment of liver diseases...
- Anthocyanin glycosides from berry fruit are absorbed and excreted unmetabolized by both humans and ratsTony K McGhie
The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand Ltd, Private Bag 11 030, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Agric Food Chem 51:4539-48. 2003..Our results suggest that the nature of the sugar conjugate and the phenolic aglycon are both important determinants of anthocyanin absorption and excretion in rats and humans...
- Glycosides in medicine: "The role of glycosidic residue in biological activity"V Kren
Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Laboratory of Biotransformation, Videnska 1083, Prague, CZ 142 20, Czech Republic
Curr Med Chem 8:1303-28. 2001Numbers of biologically active compounds are glycosides. Sometimes, the glycosidic residue is crucial for their activity, in other cases glycosylation only improves pharmacokinetic parameters...
- Structures of the novel α-glucosyl linked diterpene glycosides from Stevia rebaudianaVenkata Sai Prakash Chaturvedula
The Coca Cola Company, Organic Chemistry Department, Research and Technology, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA
Carbohydr Res 346:2034-8. 2011From the commercial extract of the leaves of Stevia rebaudiana, two new minor diterpene glycosides having α-glucosyl linkage were isolated besides the known steviol glycosides including stevioside, steviolbioside, rebaudiosides A-F, ..
- Five new C21 steroidal glycosides from the stems of Marsdenia tenacissimaHua Zhang
Jiangsu Simcere Pharmaceutical R and D Co, Ltd, No 699 18 Xuanwu Avenue, Xuanwu District, Nanjing 210042, PR China jacal
Steroids 75:176-83. 2010Five new C(21) steroidal glycosides (1-5) were isolated from the stems of Marsdenia tenacissima. The chemical structures and relative configurations of the new compounds were elucidated by mass spectrometry and NMR spectroscopy...
- Steroid glycosides from marine organismsNatalia V Ivanchina
Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Far East Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Pr 100 Let Vladivostoku 159, 690022 Vladivostok, Russia
Steroids 76:425-54. 2011Structures, taxonomic distribution and biological activities of steroid glycosides isolated from marine organisms over the last 8-10 years are reviewed. The bibliography includes 130 references.
- Complete assignments of the (1)H and (13)C chemical shifts and J(H,H) coupling constants in NMR spectra of D-glucopyranose and all D-glucopyranosyl-D-glucopyranosidesMattias U Roslund
Laboratory of Organic Chemistry, Abo Akademi University, FI 20500 Abo, Finland
Carbohydr Res 343:101-12. 2008..Conformational analyses were also performed for anomerically pure forms of methyl d-glucopyranosides (13a and 13b) and fully protected derivatives such as 1,2,3,4,6-penta-O-acetyl-d-glucopyranoses (14a and 14b)...
- Phenethyl alcohol glycosides and isopentenol glycoside from fruit of Bupleurum falcatumM Ono
Research Institute of General Education, Kyushu Tokai University, Kumamoto, Japan
Phytochemistry 51:819-23. 1999..Investigation on the constituents of the fruit of Bupleurum falcatum L. resulted in the isolation of the three new glycosides, phenethyl alcohol 8-O-beta-D-glucopyranosyl-(1-->2)-O-beta-D-apiofuranosyl-(1-->6)-b eta-D- ..
- Cassava plants with a depleted cyanogenic glucoside content in leaves and tubers. Distribution of cyanogenic glucosides, their site of synthesis and transport, and blockage of the biosynthesis by RNA interference technologyKirsten Jørgensen
Plant Biochemistry Laboratory, Department of Plant Biology, Center for Molecular Plant Physiology, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Copenhagen, Denmark
Plant Physiol 139:363-74. 2005..The reduced flux to the roots of reduced nitrogen in the form of cyanogenic glucosides did not prevent tuber formation...
- Cytotoxic sulfated triterpene glycosides from the sea cucumber Pseudocolochirus violaceusShu Yu Zhang
Research Center for Marine Drugs, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, 325 Guohe Road, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Chem Biodivers 3:807-17. 2006..of the sea cucumber Pseudocolochirus violaceus resulted in the isolation of three new sulfated triterpene glycosides, i.e., violaceusides I, II, and III (1-3, resp...
- Effects of drought stress and nutrient availability on dry matter allocation, phenolic glycosides, and rapid induced resistance of poplar to two lymantriid defoliatorsBethan K Hale
Department of Entomology, The Ohio State University Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, 1680 Madison Avenue, Wooster, OH 44691, USA
J Chem Ecol 31:2601-20. 2005..Treatment effects on gypsy moth corresponded closely with effects on total phenolic glycosides, whereas effects on whitemarked tussock moth more closely tracked changes in nutritional quality...
- Structure and biological action of cladolosides B1, B2, C, C1, C2 and D, six new triterpene glycosides from the sea cucumber Cladolabes schmeltziiAlexandra S Silchenko
G B Elyakov Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Pr 100 letya Vladivostoka 159, 690022, Vladivostok, Russian Federation
Nat Prod Commun 8:1527-34. 2013Six new nonsulfated triterpene glycosides, cladolosides B1 (1), B2 (2), C (3), C1 (4), C2 (5) and D (6) and known holotoxin A1 (7) have been isolated from the tropical Indo-West Pacific sea cucumber Cladolabes schmeltzii (Cladolabinae, ..
- Improvement of intestinal absorption of forsythoside A in weeping forsythia extract by various absorption enhancers based on tight junctionsWei Zhou
College of Pharmacy, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210046, PR China
Phytomedicine 20:47-58. 2012..All findings above suggested that water-soluble chitosan at dosage of 50 mg/kg might be safe and effective absorption enhancer for improving the bioavailability of FTA and the antioxidant activity in vivo in weeping forsythia extract...
- Cyclic bipyridine glycosides from the marine-derived actinomycete Actinoalloteichus cyanogriseus WH1-2216-6Peng Fu
Key Laboratory of Marine Drugs, Chinese Ministry of Education, School of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266003, PR China
Org Lett 13:5948-51. 2011..The structures of 1-4 were elucidated by spectroscopic analysis, X-ray single crystal diffraction, CD spectra, and chemical methods...
- Biologically active glycosides from asteroidea, 42. Isolation and structure of a new biologically active ganglioside molecular species from the starfish Asterina pectiniferaRyuichi Higuchi
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi, Fukuoka, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:287-91. 2006..Moreover, 1 exhibits neuritogenic activity toward the rat pheochromocytoma cell line, PC-12 cells, in the presence of nerve growth factor (NGF)...
- Triterpene glycosides from the far eastern sea cucumber Pentamera calcigera II: disulfated glycosidesS A Avilov
Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, the Far Eastern Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 690022, Vladivostok, Russian Federation
J Nat Prod 63:1349-55. 2000Three new triterpene glycosides, calcigerosides D(1) (1), D(2) (2), and E (3), have been isolated from the sea cucumber Pentamera calcigera...
- Antioxidant flavone glycosides from the leaves of Sasa borealisHae Suk Park
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Drug Development, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:161-6. 2007..1 microM isoorientin and 0.8 microM isoorientin 2-O-alpha-L-rhamnoside. This is the first report of the isolation and antioxidant activity of compounds 2 and 4 from S. borealis...
- Two new bioactive triterpene glycosides from the sea cucumber Pseudocolochirus violaceusShu Yu Zhang
School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Research Centre for Marine Drugs, Shanghai 200433, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 8:1-8. 2006By activity-guided fractionation, two new triterpene glycosides, violaceusides A (1) and B (2), were isolated from the sea cucumber Pseudocolochirus violaceus as active compounds causing morphological abnormality of Pyricularia oryzae ..
- An improved class of sugar-binding boronic acids, soluble and capable of complexing glycosides in neutral waterMeenakshi Dowlut
Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 128:4226-7. 2006..Such receptors could dramatically expand the potential of boronic acids toward the selective recognition of cell-surface glycoconjugates...
- Triterpene glycosides from Antarctic sea cucumbers III. Structures of liouvillosides A(4) and A(5), two minor disulphated tetraosides containing 3-O-methylquinovose as terminal monosaccharide units from the sea cucumber Staurocucumis liouvillei (Vaney)Alexandr S Antonov
Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Far East Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Pr 100 letya Vladivostoka 159, 690022 Vladivostok, Russia
Nat Prod Res 25:1324-33. 2011Two new minor triterpene glycosides, liouvillosides A(4) (1) and A(5) (2) have been isolated from the sea cucumber Staurocucumis liouvillei living in Antarctic and Sub-Antarctic waters...
- Structure-activity relationships of novel neuritogenic steroid glycosides from the Okinawan starfish Linckia laevigataChunguang Han
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 14:4458-65. 2006Six new steroid glycosides, linckosides F-K, and a related metabolite were isolated from the Okinawan blue starfish Linckia laevigata as mimics or enhancers of nerve growth factor (NGF)...
- Argusides D and E, two new cytotoxic triterpene glycosides from the sea cucumber Bohadschia argus JaegerBao Shu Liu
Research Center for Marine Drugs, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, 325 Guohe Road, Shanghai 200433, P R China
Chem Biodivers 5:1425-33. 2008Two new triterpene glycosides, argusides D and E (1 and 2, resp.), have been isolated from the sea cucumber Bohadschia argus Jaeger collected in the South China Sea...
- Two new holostan-type triterpene glycosides from the sea cucumber Bohadschia marmorata JAEGERWeihua Yuan
Research Center for Marine Drugs, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 56:1207-11. 2008Two new holostan-type triterpene glycosides, 17-hydroxy fuscocineroside B (1) and 25-hydroxy fuscocineroside B (2), together with a known triterpene glycoside, fuscocineroside B (3) were isolated from the sea cucumber Bohadschia marmorata ..
- Polyphenolic glycosides and aglycones utilize opposing pathways to selectively remodel and inactivate toxic oligomers of amyloid βAli Reza A Ladiwala
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY 12180, USA
Chembiochem 12:1749-58. 2011..at substoichiometric concentrations, we have investigated the pathways used by polyphenol aglycones and their glycosides to remodel Aβ soluble oligomers...
- Medicinal flowers. XVII. New dammarane-type triterpene glycosides from flower buds of American ginseng, Panax quinquefolium LSeikou Nakamura
Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Kyoto, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:1342-8. 2007Five new dammarane-type triterpene glycosides, floralquinquenosides A, B, C, D, and E, were isolated from the flower buds of American ginseng, Panax quinquefolium L...
- Urinary pharmacokinetics of baicalein, wogonin and their glycosides after oral administration of Scutellariae Radix in humansMiao Ying Lai
Graduate Institute of Chinese Pharmaceutical Sciences, China Medical College, Taichung 404, Taiwan, ROC
Biol Pharm Bull 26:79-83. 2003..6% of dose) were higher than that of baicalein (7.2% of dose). The baicalein sulfates was predominant than the corresponding glucuronides, whereas wogonin sulfates was comparable to the corresponding glucuronides...
- Malonylated flavonol glycosides from the petals of Clitoria ternateaKohei Kazuma
Division of Plant Cell Technology, Aomori Green BioCenter, 221 Nogi Yamaguchi, Aomori, Aomori 030 0142, Japan
Phytochemistry 62:229-37. 2003Three flavonol glycosides, kaempferol 3-O-(2"-O-alpha-rhamnosyl-6"-O-malonyl)-beta-glucoside, quercetin 3-O-(2"-O-alpha-rhamnosyl-6"-O-malonyl)-beta-glucoside, and myricetin 3-O-(2",6"-di-O-alpha-rhamnosyl)-beta-glucoside were isolated ..
- Quantitative analysis of iridoids, secoiridoids, xanthones and xanthone glycosides in Gentiana lutea L. roots by RP-HPLC and LC-MSAnita Aberham
Institute of Pharmacy, University of Innsbruck, Innrain 52, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Pharm Biomed Anal 45:437-42. 2007..swertiamarin, gentiopicroside, amarogentin, sweroside), xanthones (gentisin, isogentisin) and two xanthone glycosides (gentiosides) was possible on RP-18 column material, using 0...
- Stimulation of AMP-activated protein kinase and enhancement of basal glucose uptake in muscle cells by quercetin and quercetin glycosides, active principles of the antidiabetic medicinal plant Vaccinium vitis-idaeaHoda M Eid
Natural Health Products and Metabolic Diseases Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Que H3C 3J7, Canada
Mol Nutr Food Res 54:991-1003. 2010..The two most active, quercetin-3-O-glycosides, enhanced glucose uptake by 38-59% (50 muM; 18 h treatment) in the absence of insulin...
- Flavonol glycosides of sea buckthorn (Hippophaë rhamnoides ssp. sinensis) and lingonberry (Vaccinium vitis-idaea) are bioavailable in humans and monoglucuronidated for excretionHenna Maria Lehtonen
Department of Biochemistry and Food Chemistry, University of Turku, Finland
J Agric Food Chem 58:620-7. 2010..and lingonberry flavonols were investigated in a postprandial trial by analyzing the intact forms of flavonol glycosides as well as glucuronides in plasma, urine, and feces...
- Simocyclinone D8, an inhibitor of DNA gyrase with a novel mode of actionRuth H Flatman
Department of Biological Chemistry, John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1093-100. 2005..This is a novel mechanism for a gyrase inhibitor and presents new possibilities for antibacterial drug development...
- The functions of steryl glycosides come to those who wait: Recent advances in plants, fungi, bacteria and animalsSandra Grille
University of Hamburg, Biocenter Klein Flottbek, 22609 Hamburg, Germany
Prog Lipid Res 49:262-88. 2010..However, the consequences of such changes in the proportions of free sterols and steryl glycosides on the biological functions of a membrane are still unclear...
- Xanthorhodopsin: a proton pump with a light-harvesting carotenoid antennaSergei P Balashov
University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Science 309:2061-4. 2005..The antenna carotenoid extends the wavelength range of the collection of light for uphill transmembrane proton transport...
- Polymethoxylated flavones, flavanone glycosides, carotenoids, and antioxidants in different cultivation types of tangerines ( Citrus reticulata Blanco cv. Sainampueng) from Northern ThailandWolfgang Stuetz
Biological Chemistry and Nutrition, University of Hohenheim, 70599 Stuttgart, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 58:6069-74. 2010Polymethoxylated flavones (PMFs) and flavanone glycosides (FGs) were analyzed in hand-pressed juice and the peeled fruit of 'Sainampueng' tangerines ( Citrus reticulata Blanco cv. Sainampueng) grown in northern Thailand...
- Consumption of polyphenol concentrate with dietary fructo-oligosaccharides enhances cecal metabolism of quercetin glycosides in ratsJerzy Juśkiewicz
Division of Food Science, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, Olsztyn, Poland
Nutrition 27:351-7. 2011We verified the hypothesis that the consumption of polyphenol concentrate (PC), rich in quercetin and its glycosides (36 g/100 g), in association with different dietary fiber matrices, that is, an easily fermentable fructo-..
- Inhibition of human low density lipoprotein oxidation by flavonols and their glycosidesLifen Hou
National Laboratory of Applied Organic Chemistry, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, Gansu 730000, China
Chem Phys Lipids 129:209-19. 2004Antioxidative effects of the flavonols and their glycosides, i.e...
- Phenolic glycosides from Agrimonia pilosaHiroyoshi Kato
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toho University, Miyama 2 2 1, Funabashi, Chiba 274 8510, Japan
Phytochemistry 71:1925-9. 2010..Their structures were determined by various spectroscopic analysis and chemical transformations...
- Iridoid glycosides isolated from Oldenlandia diffusa inhibit LDL-oxidationDong Hyun Kim
Graduate School of Biotechnology, Kyung Hee University, Suwon, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 28:1156-60. 2005..along with six others previously characterized iridoid glycosides; geniposidic acid (1), scandoside (2), feretoside (3), 10-omicron-benzoylscandoside methyl ester (4), ..
- Biology and chemistry of Ginkgo bilobaBikram Singh
Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology, Palampur, HP 176 061, India
Fitoterapia 79:401-18. 2008..However, the main bioactive constituents are terpene trilactones and flavonoid glycosides which are considered responsible for the pharmacological activities of its standardized leaf extract...
- Inhibition of heparan sulfate and chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan biosynthesisDinesh R Garud
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, Gifu University, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:28881-7. 2008....
- Two flavone C-glycosides from the style of Zea mays with glycation inhibitory activityRyuichiro Suzuki
Department of Natural Medicine and Phytochemistry, Meiji Pharmaceutical University, 2 522 1 Noshio, Kiyose shi, Tokyo 204 8588, Japan
J Nat Prod 66:564-5. 2003..Each compound contains the rare sugar boivinose. These flavones exhibited glycation inhibitory activity similar to that of aminoguanidine, a known glycation inhibitor...
- Kaempferol-7-O-beta-D-glucoside (KG) isolated from Smilax china L. rhizome induces G2/M phase arrest and apoptosis on HeLa cells in a p53-independent mannerWen Xu
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering and School of Pharmacy, East China University of Science and Technology, 268, 130 Meilong Road, Shanghai 200237, PR China
Cancer Lett 264:229-40. 2008..In summary, KG displayed a significant anti-tumor effect through cell cycle arrest and apoptotic induction in HeLa cells, which suggested that KG might have therapeutic potential against cervix carcinoma...
- Peony glycosides reverse the effects of corticosterone on behavior and brain BDNF expression in ratsQing Qiu Mao
School of Chinese Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong
Behav Brain Res 227:305-9. 2012..This study aimed to examine the antidepressant-like effect and the possible mechanisms of total glycosides of peony (TGP) in the CORT-induced depression model in rats...
- Segment-specific proximal tubule injury in tripterygium glycosides intoxicated ratsHong Dan
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, People s Republic of China
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 22:422-8. 2008Tripterygium glycosides (TG), extracted from the Chinese herb Tripterygium wilfordii Hook. f, is a widely used anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive agent with definite nephrotoxicity. However, its toxic mechanism remained undiscovered...
- Flavonoid Glycosides from the Seeds of Litchi chinensisXinya Xu
Key Laboratory of Plant Resources Conservation and Sustainable Utilization, South China Botanical Garden, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou 510650, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 59:1205-9. 2011Seven flavonoid glycosides, including one new (1) and five previously uncharacterized (3-7), were obtained from the seeds of lychee ( Litchi chinensis Sonn. cv...
- Marine diterpene glycosidesFabrice Berrue
Department of Chemistry, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, PEI, Canada
Bioorg Med Chem 19:6702-19. 2011Marine diterpene glycosides (MDGs) respresent a small but highly significant group of the much larger class of marine diterpenes...
- Sinularosides A and B, bioactive 9,11-secosteroidal glycosides from the South China Sea soft coral Sinularia humilis OfwegenPeng Sun
Research Center for Marine Drugs, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, 325 Guo He Road, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 75:1656-9. 2012Two new 9,11-secosteroidal glycosides, namely, sinularosides A and B (1, 2), together with the known pregnene glycoside 3β-(β-xylopyranosyloxy)-5α-pregna-20-ene (3), were isolated from the South China Sea soft coral Sinularia humilis ..
- Cytotoxic and antimicrobial activity of pseudopterosins and seco-pseudopterosins isolated from the octocoral Pseudopterogorgia elisabethae of San Andrés and Providencia Islands (Southwest Caribbean Sea)Hebelin Correa
Departamento de Quimica, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogota D C, Colombia
Mar Drugs 9:334-43. 2011..9-4.5 μM) against S. aureus and PsG, PsU and seco-PsK showed good activity (IC₅₀ 3.1-3.8 μM) against E. faecalis, comparable to the reference drug vancomycin (4.2 μM)...
- Identification of proanthocyanidin dimers and trimers, flavone C-Glycosides, and antioxidants in Ficus deltoidea , a malaysian herbal teaMaizatul Hasyima Omar
Plant Products and Human Nutrition Group, Graham Kerr Building, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, United Kingdom
J Agric Food Chem 59:1363-9. 2011..identified with the main constituents being flavan-3-ol monomers, proanthocyanidins, and C-linked flavone glycosides. The proanthocyanidins were dimers and trimers comprising (epi)catechin and (epi)afzelechin units...
- Improvement of the dermal epidermal junction in human reconstructed skin by a new c-xylopyranoside derivativeJuliette Sok
L Oreal Recherche, Centre de Recherche C Zviak, 90 rue du General Roguet, 92583 Clichy Cedex, France
Eur J Dermatol 18:297-302. 2008....
- Characterization of the plasma membrane H+-ATPase in the liverwort Marchantia polymorphaMasaki Okumura
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Aichi, Nagoya, Japan
Plant Physiol 159:826-34. 2012..Our results define physiological signals for the regulation of pT H(+)-ATPase in the liverwort M. polymorpha, which is one of the earliest plants to acquire pT H(+)-ATPase...
- Cloning and analysis of the simocyclinone biosynthetic gene cluster of Streptomyces antibioticus Tü 6040Ute Galm
Pharmazeutische Biologie, Pharmazeutisches Institut, Auf der Morgenstelle 8, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Arch Microbiol 178:102-14. 2002..Feeding of the mutant with the aminocoumarin moiety of novobiocin led to a new, artificial simocyclinone derivative...
- Cognitive-enhancing and antioxidant activities of iridoid glycosides from Scrophularia buergeriana in scopolamine-treated miceEun Ju Jeong
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 588:78-84. 2008..We believe these data demonstrate that E-harpagoside or MCA-Hg exerted potent cognitive-enhancing activity through both anti-acetylcholinesterase and antioxidant mechanisms...
- Carotenoids and carotenogenesis in cyanobacteria: unique ketocarotenoids and carotenoid glycosidesS Takaichi
Department of Biology, Nippon Medical School, Kawasaki, 211 0063, Japan
Cell Mol Life Sci 64:2607-19. 2007..have been identified, including the unique ketocarotenoids, echinenone and 4-ketomyxol; and the carotenoid glycosides, myxol glycosides and oscillol diglycosides...
- Potential anti-inflammatory phenolic glycosides from the medicinal plant Moringa oleifera fruitsSarot Cheenpracha
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Hawaii at Hilo, 34 Rainbow Drive, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
Bioorg Med Chem 18:6598-602. 2010..isolation and purification of the ethyl acetate extract of Moringa oleifera fruits yielded three new phenolic glycosides; 4-[(2'-O-acetyl-alpha-l-rhamnosyloxy) benzyl]isothiocyanate (1), 4-[(3'-O-acetyl-alpha-l-rhamnosyloxy)benzyl]..
- Anti-inflammatory effects of iridoid glycosides fraction of Folium syringae leaves on TNBS-induced colitis in ratsXin Liu
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
J Ethnopharmacol 133:780-7. 2011To investigate the effects and the protective mechanism of iridoid glycosides (IG) enriched from Folium syringae leaves on ulcerative colitis (UC) model induced by 2,4,6-trinitrobenzenesulfonic acid (TNBS) in rats.
- Antioxidant and free radical scavenging activity of flavonol glycosides from different Aconitum speciesAlessandra Braca
Dipartimento di Chimica Bioorganica e Biofarmacia, Universita di Pisa, Via Bonanno, 33, 56126 Pisa, Italy
J Ethnopharmacol 86:63-7. 2003..tauricum, A. napellus subsp. neomontanum, A. paniculatum, A. vulparia) led to the isolation of 13 flavonol glycosides: quercetin 3-O-(6-trans-caffeoyl)-beta-glucopyranosyl-(1-->2)-beta-glucopyranoside-7-O-alpha-rhamnopyranoside ..
- Solasodine glycoalkaloids: a novel topical therapy for basal cell carcinoma. A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel group, multicenter studySangeeta Punjabi
Department of Dermatology, Royal London Hospital, London, UK
Int J Dermatol 47:78-82. 2008To assess the safety and efficacy of a 0.005% mixture of solasodine glycosides (Zycure) in the treatment of basal cell carcinoma. Design Double-blind, randomized, and vehicle-controlled, parallel group study.
- Hepatoprotective effect of flavonol glycosides rich fraction from Egyptian Vicia calcarata Desf. against CCl4-induced liver damage in ratsAbdel Nasser B Singab
Dept of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Abbassia, Cairo, Egypt
Arch Pharm Res 28:791-8. 2005The hepatoprotective activity of flavonol glycosides rich fraction (F-2), prepared from 70% alcohol extract of the aerial parts of V. calcarata Desf...
- Action of xylan deacetylating enzymes on monoacetyl derivatives of 4-nitrophenyl glycosides of β-D-xylopyranose and α-L-arabinofuranosePeter Biely
Institute of Chemistry, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Dubravska cesta 9, SK 84538 Bratislava, Slovakia
J Biotechnol 151:137-42. 2011..Their specific activity on arabinofuranosides is also much lower than on xylopyranosides, however, substantially greater than that in the case of typical acetylxylan esterases...
- Kinetic analyses of retaining endo-(xylo)glucanases from plant and microbial sources using new chromogenic xylogluco-oligosaccharide aryl glycosidesFarid M Ibatullin
School of Biotechnology, Royal Institute of Technology KTH, AlbaNova University Centre, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochemistry 47:7762-9. 2008A library of phenyl beta-glycosides of xylogluco-oligosaccharides was synthesized via a chemoenzymatic approach to produce new, specific substrates for xyloglucanases...
- Long term effect of aflatoxin B(1) on lipid peroxidation in rat liver and kidney: effect of picroliv and silymarinR Rastogi
Division of Biochemistry, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow-226 001, India
Phytother Res 15:307-10. 2001..p) -toxicated rats, while drug (picroliv and silymarin both) treatment reversed the condition to near normal levels. The effects of picroliv and silymarin were comparable...
- Role for Na,K-ATPase in Nucleoplasmic Calcium HomeostasisCraig Gatto; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Na,K-ATPase is the pharmacological target for cardiac glycosides, a widely used therapy for congestive heart failure...
- Endogenous Cardiac Glycosides in AASKBrad C Astor; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information may help identify targets for treatment or prevention to reduce the high risk of cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic kidney disease. ..
- Function and regulation of OATP1B1 and OATP1B3Wei Yue; Fiscal Year: 2013..and many clinically important drugs, including lipid-lowering statins, antibiotics, immunosuppressants, cardiac glycosides, antidiabetic and anticancer agents. Therefore, OATP proteins have significant relevance to human health...
- The Roles of Sodium Pump Beta Subunits in Mammalian CellsJack H Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2010..is the primary membrane protein involved in fluid and electrolyte balance and is the major target of cardiac glycosides, such as digitalis, the most widely used therapy for cardiac insufficiency...
- Synthesis of Novel Bioactive Sphingolipids as a ResourceRobert Bittman; Fiscal Year: 2013..The compounds to be prepared include chiral phosphonate and vinylphosphonate analogs of FTY720 and C-glycosides ofthe immunostimulatory glycolipid alpha-galactosylceramide...
- International Center of TCM for CancerLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also monitor patient blood levels of the three main cardiac glycosides that are in huachansu (bufalin, cinobufagin, and resibufogenin)...
- Activation Defects in T Cells of Aged MiceRichard A Miller; Fiscal Year: 2011..Aim 1c uses a multiplex RT-PCR approach to develop a listing of age-related changes in mRNAs for glycosides and glycosyl-transferases...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF INTESTINAL TRANSPORTErnest M Wright; Fiscal Year: 2013..structural basis for the interaction of natural products in our diet with SGLT1 and hopefully explain how these glycosides either blunt glucose absorption or how they are absorbed...
- Synthesis and DNA binding affinity evaluation of novel gilvocarcin-C-glucosidesTHOMAS GERARD MINEHAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..C-Aryl glycosides, substances containing carbon-carbon bonds between an aromatic intercalator and one or more carbohydrate ..
- Anti-Tumorigenic Potential of Novel Digitoxin AnaloguesAnand K Iyer; Fiscal Year: 2013..of digitoxin that possess enhanced anti-tumor activity against lung cancer as compared to existing cardiac glycosides but with lower side effects. This study is directly relevant to the mission of the NHLBI...
- Chemoenzymatic synthesis of pradimicin analogues for novel antifungal and antivirJixun Zhan; Fiscal Year: 2011..pradimicin A;2) Engineer the biosynthesis of novel pradimicin analogs;3) Chemically synthesize novel pradimicin glycosides;and 4) Evaluate the synthesized pradimicin analogs for antifungal and antiviral activities...
- Synthesis of Complex Carbohydrates.Hien M Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2013..center opens up new approaches for the synthesis of complex carbohydrates, including the 1,2-cis-2-amino glycosides. These aminosugars make up one of the most important classes of naturally occurring oligosaccharides and glyco-..
- FUNCTIONAL STUDIES OF THE NA,K-ATPASEJerry Lingrel; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such studies will provide insight as to whether endogenous cardiac glycosides such as endogenous ouabain observed by many laboratories is physiologically significant...
- Structural requirements for immunostimulation by plant lipidsAkira Kawamura; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our recent study indicates that a series of diacylglyceryl glycosides (DGGs) are potent immunostimulants in an oriental herbal formulation called Juzen-taiho-to (JTT), which is ..
- BETA-GLUCOSIDASES IN GAUCHER DISEASERobert Glew; Fiscal Year: 1991..is as designated because of its subcellular location in liver and spleen and because it hydrolyzes a variety of glycosides, including Beta-D-glucosides, Beta-D-galactosides and alpha-L-arabinosides...
- Drug Interactions and Bioavailability of CranberryJennifer Donovan; Fiscal Year: 2005..elimination half-life (T1/2) and renal clearance (Clren) will be determined for: epicatechin, quercetin (total glycosides), procyanidin A2, and cyanidin-3-galactoside...
- Regulatory Interactions of Cardiac Ion PumpsSeth L Robia; Fiscal Year: 2013..the proposed experiments are to develop a novel peptide superinhibitor of NKA as a safer alternative to cardiac glycosides, a class of inotropic drugs used in the treatment of heart failure...
- PH AND MYOCARDIAL CONTRACTILITYDonghee Kim; Fiscal Year: 1992..Ca)i will be altered by exposure to low Nao, Ko, or Cao media, cardiac glycosides, or Ca channel agonists or antagonists...
- cardiac neoglycosides as cancer drugsCharles Hutchinson; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Epidemiological evidence points to the value of cardiac glycosides like digoxin and digitoxin for treatment of breast cancer and recent reports suggest they may be especially useful to ..
- ENZYMIC AND NON-ENZYMIC GLYCOSYL TRANSFERMichael Sinnott; Fiscal Year: 1993..reactions of derivatives with a carboxylic acid attached to the reaction center (not only sialic acids but also glycosides of 3-deoxy-D-manno-2-octulosonic acid (KDO)...
- ENZYMATIC PRODUCTION OF UNIVERSAL DONOR ERYTHROCYTESLANSING HOSKINS; Fiscal Year: 1993..is based upon the fact that human blood type A and type B antigen specificities are conferred by single sugar glycosides: alpha-N-acetyl-D-galactosamine and alpha-D-galactose, respectively, at the outer, non-reducing end of ..
- DISPOSITION OF GINKGO FLAVONOIDS VIA RECYCLINGMing Hu; Fiscal Year: 2001..The specific aims are to: (l) determine if bacteria will only take up ginkgo-flavones but not ginkgo-flavone glycosides, because of expected poor permeability of glycosides through the bacterial walls; (2) determine the metabolism ..
- Absorption and Metabolism of IsoflavonesMing Hu; Fiscal Year: 2005..e., duodenum, jejunum, ileum, and colon) hydrolysis of glycosides; (2) to determine the role played by glucose transporters in the transepithelial transport of glycosides; (3) to ..
- CARHOHYDRATE MOIETIES OF GP120Khushi Matta; Fiscal Year: 1993..Attention will be focussed on the synthesis of glycosides that possess an aglycon which can serve as a bridge for attachment to high molecular weight substances such as ..
- Structure and function of family 1 glycosyltransferasesR Garavito; Fiscal Year: 2006..glycosylated natural products of biomedical importance like antibiotics, hormones, antitumor agents, and cardiac glycosides. Initially, we intend to determine the X-ray crystal structures of 3 subfamilies of the family 1 NDP-sugar ..
- An Environmentally Benign Method for the Synthesis of C-aryl GlycosidesTHOMAS MINEHAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..objective of this project is to develop an environmentally friendly method for the preparation of 2-deoxy-C-aryl glycosides, a family of natural products which demonstrate important biological properties such as antitumor, antibiotic ..
- ION CHANNEL TARGETS FOR CARDIAC GLYCOSIDE ACTIONSJ Wasserstrom; Fiscal Year: 2000Cardiac glycosides are among the most widely used cardiotonic agents, despite a high incidence of toxicity. Their mechanism of action is thought to be exclusively an inhibition of the Na,K-ATPase...
- Analysis of Phenolic Phytochemical by ESI-MSJennifer Brodbelt; Fiscal Year: 2003..Many phenolic phytochemicals exist naturally as glycosides in plants, so the site of glycosylation and identification of the attached sugars are critical structural issues ..
- INCREASED ACTION POTENTIAL DURATION & CARDIAC INOTROPHYDavid Lathrop; Fiscal Year: 1990..the mechanism(s) responsible are clearly different from those responsible for the effects produced by cardiac glycosides. The purpose, therefore, of this project is to clarify the actions of these new compounds on cardiac ventricular ..
- CHEMISTRY AND BIOCHEMISTRY OF GLYCOCONJUGATESYUAN LEE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Carbohydrate-mediated binding is often greatly enhanced by suitable clustering of glycosides. To attain maximum affinity to pentameric proteins, the ligand glycosides should ideally be in a pentameric ..
- COMBINATORIAL BIOSYNTHESIS OF MACROLIDE ANTIBIOTICSCHARLES SIH; Fiscal Year: 2001..principal investigator's work during the previous grant period and those from other groups suggest that novel glycosides will arise from these efforts, even thoug there is no way to predict how many of them will have significant ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO THE DISCOVERY OF ANTI-HIV AGENTSYitzhak Tor; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., functionalized beta-and gamma-peptides, conformationally-constrained amino- and guanidine-glycosides) to sequence- and structure-selective elements (e.g...
- Shared Instrumentation Grant: LTQ Linear Ion Trap Mass SpectrometerJeffrey Esko; Fiscal Year: 2009..Esko, B. Crawford, Y. Tor, Y. Yamaguchi, R. Warrior, R. Gallo);and (4) Glycolipids and glycosides (B. Crawford, R. Aroian, M. Kronenberg, J. Esko)...
- Reagents to Investigate Glycosylated MacromoleculesAnimesh Nandi; Fiscal Year: 2004The overall objectives of this application are the development of TAG(TM) (tagging via azido glycosides) reagents for the selective detection, quantification, derivatization, and/or isolation of O-GlcNAc-modified proteins and the ..
- Glycomimetics of S. aureus CP AminosugarsPeter Norris; Fiscal Year: 2003..The specific goals of this proposal are:1. Chemical synthesis of N-acetyI-D-mannose uronic acid N-glycosides from an azidodeoxy synthon; 2...
- CHEMICAL STRUCTURE--HYPOTHALAMIC NA+/K+ ATPASE INHIBITORGARNER HAUPERT; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION: Hypothalamic inhibitory factor, HIF, is felt to be a mammalian analog of the digitalis glycosides with biologic and biochemical properties consistent with physiologic regulation of the mammalian sodium pump in cardiovascular, ..
- TWO ISOFORMS OF NA,K-ATPASE IN THE HEARTYuk Chow Ng; Fiscal Year: 1992..inotropic effects indicating that both of the alpha subunits are the pharmacological receptors for the cardiac glycosides. Although isoenzymes of Na+,K+-ATPase are widely distributed in different cell types, the physiological ..
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF NOVEL ADRENOCORTICAL STEROIDSJohn Hamlyn; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION (Adapted from applicant's abstract): Cardiac glycosides are steroidal compounds of plant origin that enjoy widespread use in medicine and the basic sciences...
- PENTENYL GLYCOSIDES--TRANSFORMATIONS AT ANOMERIC CENTERBert Fraser Reid; Fiscal Year: 1999..He notes that since their discovery in his laboratory six years ago, n-pentenyl glycosides have proved to be versatile synthetic precursors for several oligosaccharides and glycoproteins and that with ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF CARDIAC GLYCOSIDE AFFINITYTHOMAS PRESSLEY; Fiscal Year: 1992The Na,K-pump (ie., Na,K-ATPase) is thought to be the major pharmacological receptor for cardiac glycosides such as digitalis and ouabain...
- CARDIAC GLYCOSIDES AND DIURETICS: ROLE OF NA+ PUMPSHAILESH BANERJEE; Fiscal Year: 1980..for the involvement of (Na ion plus K ion)-ATPase in the pharmacological and toxicological actions of cardiac glycosides. Several hormones such as thyroxine, gluco- and mineralocorticoids, insulin, and catecholamines have been ..
- Ascaroside signaling and aging in Caenorhabditis elegansFRANK CLEMENS SCHROEDER; Fiscal Year: 2010..A group of glycosides, the ascarosides, have recently been shown to induce development arrest (dauer formation) and, furthermore to ..
- ANALYSIS OF CARDIAC GLYCOSIDE AFFINITY IN CULTURED CELLSTHOMAS PRESSLEY; Fiscal Year: 1993..The Na, K-pump is inhibited by cardiac glycosides, and there is variation in the ouabain affinity between tissues that may be as great as 500-fold...
- Structure of Na,K-ATPase: monoclonal antibody probesKATHLEEN SWEADNER; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is the receptor for inotropic cardiac glycosides in the heart, and many studies point to a role in hypertension...
- IMMUNOLOGICAL STUDIES OF THE DIGITALIS RECEPTORWilliam Ball; Fiscal Year: 1991..It is also the pharmacological receptor for cardiac glycosides which are used to treat some heart diseases...
- PALLADIUM CATALYZED SYNTHESIS OF C-NUCLEOSIDESG Daves; Fiscal Year: 1980A general synthesis of C-nucleosides (C-glycosides) by palladium-catalyzed coupling of suitable aromatic (heteroaromatic) derivatives to 1,2-unsaturated carbohydrate derivatives (glycals) will be developed...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF NA+/K+-ATPASERobert Levenson; Fiscal Year: 1992..The specific aims of the proposal include: 1) Interaction of the Na,K- ATPase with Cardiac Glycosides. We will evaluate the relationship between enzyme structure and the binding of cardiac glycosides...
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF CYANIDE DETOXICATION WITH SULFANE SULFURJOHN WESTLEY; Fiscal Year: 1992..effects on a very large number of people in the agrarian tropics, where consumption of foods rich in cyanogenic glycosides in widespread...
- NON-STANDARD BASE PAIRS AS BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH TOOLSSteven Benner; Fiscal Year: 2004..will: (1) synthesize nucleotide analogs that form Watson-Crick pairs with different hydrogen bonding patterns, C-glycosides, without an unshared electron pair (UEP) in the minor groove, with functionality in the major groove, with ..
- A Proposal for the Synthesis of the Lomaiviticin AglyconCARLOS ARIEL GUERRERO; Fiscal Year: 2010..This pair of dimeric diazobenzofluorene glycosides demonstrated potent DNA-damaging activity and promising cytotoxic activity...
- Reagents to Investigate Glycosylated MacromoleculesDOUG CHAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..overall objectives of this Phase II application are the extension and optimization of TAGTM (tagging via azido glycosides) technology for the selective detection, quantification, derivatization, and/or isolation of newly O-GlcNAc ..
- NEW METHODS FOR QUANTITATIVE GLYCOSPHINGOLIPIDOMICSSTEVEN LEVERY; Fiscal Year: 2005Glycosphingolipids (GSLs: 1-O-glycosides of the N-acyl-sphingosines, or ceramides) are a structurally and functionally diverse class of biological compounds distributed among all eukaryotes and some bacteria...
- NEW STRATEGIES FOR GLYCOCONJUGATE SYNTHESISFrank McDonald; Fiscal Year: 2005..processes such as internally directed Heck reactions will also be utilized in the construction of branched glycosides. These transformations are the basis for unique strategies to the syntheses of O- and C-linked oligosaccharides ..
- K-DEPENDENT NA/CA EXCHANGE IN HUMAN PLATELETSMasayuki Kimura; Fiscal Year: 2003..platelets express the alpha3 isoform of the Na-pump, an isoform with a heightened sensitivity to cardiac glycosides. These features of the platelet ion transport strongly link platelet Ca metabolism to fluctuations in systemic ..
- Inotropic AntibodiesJAMES LARRICK; Fiscal Year: 2009..Cardiac glycosides are thought to have a positive inotropic effect by inhibiting NKA. Recent work of Xu et al...
- SYNTHESIS OF C-ARYL GLYCOSIDESKATHLYN PARKER; Fiscal Year: 1993..g. adduct 8 will be converted to 9). Appropriately substituted C-aryl glycosides 10 will be converted to chromium carbenes which will be added to the acetylene 11 (R=CH=CH2) (readily available ..
- Preparation of Polyvalent Anticancer Vaccines for T-cell activationPavel Nagorny; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is known that the corresponding S-glycosides are more stable to enzymatic degradation as well as to the acidic medium inside lysosomes...
- Sequence Specific Triple Helix Forming MoleculesBarry Gold; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is hypothesized that these limitations can be overcome using TFO's with unnatural C-glycosides (oligoTRIPs) that will bind via Hoogsteen H-bonding to DNA with their glycosidic bond in the center of the major ..
- SYNTHESIS AND EVALUATION OF 1,25-(OH)2-D3 GLYCOSIDESRahul Ray; Fiscal Year: 1993..Once these compounds have been synthesized, their water solubility will be investigated along with their biologic activity in vitro...
- Synthesis & Mechanism of Cephalostatin Anticancer DrugsPhilip Fuchs; Fiscal Year: 2009..and contrast the mechanism of action with structurally and biologically similar compounds: the steroidal glycosides OSW-1 and Solamargene...
- DEOXYHEXOSE BIOSYNTHESISHEINZ FLOSS; Fiscal Year: 2002Many of the naturally occurring antibiotics and other biologically active microbial metabolites are glycosides, representing a combination of one of a large number of different aglycones with one or more of a number of unusual sugars, ..
- C-GLYCOSIDES VIA THE RAMBERG-BACKLUND REACTIONRICHARD FRANCK; Fiscal Year: 2003..The second fact is that our analog, different from KRN7000, is not susceptible to hydrolysis by endogenous mammalian enzymes. ..
- Anticancer Potential of Black Cohosh on Breast CancerLINDA EINBOND; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research project could identify new approaches to breast cancer prevention and therapy. ..
- FLAVONOID BIOAVAILABILITY IN HUMANS-CELLULAR STUDIESThomas Walle; Fiscal Year: 2005..between SGLT1 and MRP2, including mechanisms involved, in the enterocyte absorption of flavonoid glycosides and the tea flavonoids, two main classes of dietary flavonoids...