Genomes and Genes
Summary: A blood plasma glycoprotein that mediates cell adhesion and interacts with proteins of the complement, coagulation, and fibrinolytic cascade. (From Segen, Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)
Publications317 found, 100 shown here
- Recombinant vitronectin is a functionally defined substrate that supports human embryonic stem cell self-renewal via alphavbeta5 integrinStefan R Braam
Leiden University Medical Centre, Postal Zone S 1 P, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Stem Cells 26:2257-65. 2008..Cells attached efficiently to natural human vitronectin, fibronectin, and Matrigel but poorly to laminin + entactin and collagen IV...
- Vitronectin in bacterial pathogenesis: a host protein used in complement escape and cellular invasionBirendra Singh
Medical Microbiology, Department of Laboratory Medicine Malmö, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Mol Microbiol 78:545-60. 2010The multifunctional human glycoprotein vitronectin (Vn) plays a significant role in cell migration, tissue repair and regulation of membrane attack complex (MAC) formation...
- Long term culture of human embryonic stem cells on recombinant vitronectin in ascorbate free mediaAndrew B J Prowse
The Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Biomaterials 31:8281-8. 2010..In this work we have investigated the applicability of a recombinantly produced domain of human vitronectin as an extracellular matrix alternative to the common standards Geltrex or Matrigel...
- Myosin light chain kinase functions downstream of Ras/ERK to promote migration of urokinase-type plasminogen activator-stimulated cells in an integrin-selective mannerD H Nguyen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Cell Biol 146:149-64. 1999..The uPA-induced increase in MCF-7 cell migration was observed selectively on vitronectin-coated surfaces and was mediated by a beta1-integrin (probably alphaVbeta1) and alphaVbeta5...
- Integrin-linked kinase is required for vitronectin-mediated internalization of Streptococcus pneumoniae by host cellsSimone Bergmann
Max von Pettenkofer Institute for Hygiene and Medical Microbiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Pettenkoferstrasse 9a, 80336 Munchen, Germany
J Cell Sci 122:256-67. 2009..Here, we characterized the interaction of pneumococci with the adhesive glycoprotein vitronectin and the contribution of this protein to pneumococcal uptake by host cells in an integrin-dependent manner...
- Regulation of integrin function by the urokinase receptorY Wei
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 273:1551-5. 1996..formed stable complexes that both inhibited native integrin adhesive function and promoted adhesion to vitronectin via a ligand binding site on uPAR...
- Roles of integrins in human induced pluripotent stem cell growth on Matrigel and vitronectinTeisha J Rowland
Center for Stem Cell Biology and Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Stem Cells Dev 19:1231-40. 2010..Integrin function was investigated in iPSCs cultured without feeder layers on Matrigel or vitronectin, in comparison to human embryonic stem cells...
- Involvement of vitronectin in lipopolysaccaride-induced acute lung injuryYuko Tsuruta
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Immunol 179:7079-86. 2007b>Vitronectin is present in large concentrations in serum and participates in regulation of humoral responses, including coagulation, fibrinolysis, and complement activation...
- Fibronectin, laminin, vitronectin and their receptors at newly-formed capillaries in proliferative diabetic retinopathyR P Casaroli Marano
Department of Biochemistry and Physiology, University of Barcelona, Spain
Exp Eye Res 60:5-17. 1995..immunocytochemistry, we have studied changes in the distribution pattern of fibronectin (FN), laminin (LN), vitronectin (VN) and their receptors in the newly-formed capillaries of PDR...
- Vitronectin in vascular context: facets of a multitalented matricellular proteinKlaus T Preissner
Department of Biochemistry, Medical School, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Semin Thromb Hemost 37:408-24. 2011b>Vitronectin is an abundant adhesive glycoprotein in blood plasma and is found associated with different extracellular matrix sites, the vessel wall, and tumor cells, particularly upon tissue remodeling, injury/repair, or under disease ..
- Mapping of the vitronectin-binding site on the urokinase receptor: involvement of a coherent receptor interface consisting of residues from both domain I and the flanking interdomain linker regionHenrik Gardsvoll
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen Biocenter, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Biol Chem 282:13561-72. 2007..In contrast, the structural basis for the interaction between uPAR and the extracellular matrix protein vitronectin, which is involved in the regulation of cell adhesion and motility, remains to be clarified...
- Conformational regulation of urokinase receptor function: impact of receptor occupancy and epitope-mapped monoclonal antibodies on lamellipodia inductionHenrik Gardsvoll
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet section 3735, Copenhagen Biocenter, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Biol Chem 286:33544-56. 2011..Distinct from this function, uPAR also modulates cell adhesion and migration on vitronectin-rich matrices...
- Mechanisms of integrin-vascular endothelial growth factor receptor cross-activation in angiogenesisGanapati H Mahabeleshwar
Department of Molecular Cardiology, The Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Circ Res 101:570-80. 2007....
- Vitronectin and its receptorsB Felding Habermann
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
Curr Opin Cell Biol 5:864-8. 1993The extracellular matrix protein vitronectin is recognized as an adhesive substrate by cells expressing at least one of four known vitronectin receptors: integrins alpha v beta 1, alpha v beta 3, alpha v beta 5 or alpha IIb beta 3...
- Fibronectin- and vitronectin-induced microglial activation and matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression is mediated by integrins alpha5beta1 and alphavbeta5Richard Milner
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, 20550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 178:8158-67. 2007..the blood-brain barrier is compromised, which leads to deposition of the plasma proteins fibronectin and vitronectin in cerebral parenchyma...
- Identification of vitronectin as an extrinsic inducer of cancer stem cell differentiation and tumor formationElaine M Hurt
Cancer Stem Cell Section, Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, Maryland, USA
Stem Cells 28:390-8. 2010..Here we show that vitronectin is the component of human serum driving stem cell differentiation through an integrin alpha V beta 3-dependent ..
- The serpin PAI-1 inhibits cell migration by blocking integrin alpha V beta 3 binding to vitronectinS Stefansson
Biochemistry Department, J H Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
Nature 383:441-3. 1996During wound healing, migrating cells increase expression of both the vitronectin receptor (VNR) integrins and plasminogen activators...
- The initial steps of ovarian cancer cell metastasis are mediated by MMP-2 cleavage of vitronectin and fibronectinHilary A Kenny
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Section of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Clin Invest 118:1367-79. 2008..MMP-2 enhanced peritoneal adhesion of OvCa cells through cleavage of ECM proteins fibronectin (FN) and vitronectin (Vn) into small fragments and increased binding of OvCa cells to these FN and Vn fragments and their receptors, ..
- TLR3 activation inhibits human mast cell attachment to fibronectin and vitronectinM Kulka
Allergy Immunology Division, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 240 E Huron McGaw Pavilion 2305, Chicago, IL, USA
Mol Immunol 43:1579-86. 2006..affect mast cells via an influence on adhesion, we employed huMC; and as substrates, fibronectin (FN) and vitronectin (VN). huMC were thus treated with double-stranded RNA (dsRNA) and adhesion to ECM was quantified...
- Neisseria meningitidis Opc invasin binds to the sulphated tyrosines of activated vitronectin to attach to and invade human brain endothelial cellsClaudia Sa E Cunha
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
PLoS Pathog 6:e1000911. 2010..bacteria can increase human brain endothelial cell line (HBMEC) adhesion and entry by first binding to serum vitronectin and, to a lesser extent, fibronectin...
- Integrins are required for the differentiation of visceral endodermJie Liu
Department of Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
J Cell Sci 122:233-42. 2009..The mutant endoderm cells failed to spread on BM substrates, but could spread on vitronectin, which induced upregulation of alphavbeta3 integrin and integrin-dependent GATA4 nuclear translocation...
- Urokinase receptor interacts with alpha(v)beta5 vitronectin receptor, promoting urokinase-dependent cell migration in breast cancerM V Carriero
National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy
Cancer Res 59:5307-14. 1999..To test the possibility that uPAR may physically and functionally interact with vitronectin (Vn) receptors, we determined the expression level of uPAR, alpha(v)beta3, and alpha(v)beta5 Vn receptors in 10 ..
- Extracellular matrix remodeling by human granzyme B via cleavage of vitronectin, fibronectin, and lamininMarguerite S Buzza
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton 3800, Australia
J Biol Chem 280:23549-58. 2005..revealed that GrB efficiently cleaves three proteins involved in extracellular matrix structure and function: vitronectin, fibronectin, and laminin...
- A novel group of Moraxella catarrhalis UspA proteins mediates cellular adhesion via CEACAMs and vitronectinDarryl J Hill
School of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e45452. 2012..with the CEACAM-binding domain enable Mx to bind both to cell surface CEACAMs and to integrins, the latter via vitronectin. Such properties of UspA2/2V have not been reported to date...
- Fibronectin and vitronectin induce AP-1-mediated matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression through integrin α(5)β(1)/α(v)β(3)-dependent Akt, ERK and JNK signaling pathways in human umbilical vein endothelial cellsYoung June Jin
Medical and Bio material Research Center, Kangwon National University, Kangwon Do, Republic of Korea
Cell Signal 23:125-34. 2011..Among the ECM molecules examined, fibronectin (FN) and vitronectin (VN) increased the expression and activity of MMP-9 in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs)...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I:vitronectin complex-induced changes in gene expression effect breast cell survival and migrationAbhishek S Kashyap
Tissue Repair and Regeneration Program, Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, 4059, Queensland, Australia
Endocrinology 152:1388-401. 2011Recent studies have demonstrated that IGF-I associates with vitronectin (VN) through IGF-binding proteins (IGFBP), which in turn modulate IGF-stimulated biological functions such as cell proliferation, attachment, and migration...
- The effect of the surface modification of titanium using a recombinant fragment of fibronectin and vitronectin on cell behaviorYoung Ku
Intellectual Biointerface Engineering Center and Department of Periodontology, Seoul National University College of Dentistry, Seoul 110 768, Korea
Biomaterials 26:5153-7. 2005..Fibronectin (FN) and vitronectin (VN) are major cell adhesive proteins found in the extracellular matrix (ECM) of various tissues, and in ..
- Promotion of leukocyte adhesion by a novel interaction between vitronectin and the beta2 integrin Mac-1 (alphaMbeta2, CD11b/CD18)Sandip M Kanse
Institute for Biochemistry, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:2251-6. 2004..b>Vitronectin (VN) is an adhesion-promoting factor that is abundantly present as matrix molecule in vascular diseases such as ..
- Human pilot studies reveal the potential of a vitronectin: growth factor complex as a treatment for chronic woundsZee Upton
Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Int Wound J 8:522-32. 2011..We report herein that a clinical Good Manufacturing Practice-grade vitronectin:growth factor (cVN:GF) complex is able to stimulate functions relevant to wound repair in vitro, such as ..
- Propolis modulates vitronectin, laminin, and heparan sulfate/heparin expression during experimental burn healingPaweł Olczyk
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical University of Silesia, 41 200 Sosnowiec, Poland
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 13:932-41. 2012This study was aimed at assessing the dynamics of vitronectin (VN), laminin (LN), and heparan sulfate/heparin (HS/HP) content changes during experimental burn healing.
- Vitronectin and collagen I differentially regulate osteogenesis in mesenchymal stem cellsAnup K Kundu
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, University of California, Irvine, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 347:347-57. 2006..To investigate this question, we cultured MSCs on purified vitronectin or type-I collagen, motivated by our earlier tissue engineering work demonstrating that MSC adhesion to polymer ..
- Binding of vitronectin by the Moraxella catarrhalis UspA2 protein interferes with late stages of the complement cascadeAhmed S Attia
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9048, USA
Infect Immun 74:1597-611. 2006..These same three wild-type strains bound more vitronectin than did their uspA2 mutants...
- The poliovirus receptor CD155 mediates cell-to-matrix contacts by specifically binding to vitronectinR Lange
Department of Tumor and Immunogenetics, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, Berlin, 13092, Germany
Virology 285:218-27. 2001..Here we provide evidence that CD155 binds specifically to vitronectin with a dissociation constant (K(d)) of 72 nM as determined by surface plasmon resonance...
- Mimicry of the regulatory role of urokinase in lamellipodia formation by introduction of a non-native interdomain disulfide bond in its receptorHenrik Gardsvoll
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet and Biotech Research and Innovation Centre, Copenhagen Biocenter, Ole Maaløes Vej 5, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Biol Chem 286:43515-26. 2011..uPAR) plays a regulatory role for both extravascular fibrinolysis and uPAR-mediated adhesion and migration on vitronectin-coated surfaces...
- Meningococcal surface fibril (Msf) binds to activated vitronectin and inhibits the terminal complement pathway to increase serum resistanceNatalie J Griffiths
Schools of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Mol Microbiol 82:1129-49. 2011..Previously, we have shown that Nm Opc binds to serum vitronectin to inhibit complement-mediated killing...
- Expression of alphav integrins and vitronectin receptor identity in breast cancer cellsT Meyer
Richard Dimbleby Department of Cancer Research, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Br J Cancer 77:530-6. 1998..We show that the classical vitronectin receptor alphavbeta3 is expressed in only one cell line (MDA-MB-231), whereas alphavbeta5 is expressed on all ..
- Integrin αvβ3 promotes vitronectin gene expression in human ovarian cancer cells by implicating rel transcription factorsUte Reuning
Clinical Research Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
J Cell Biochem 112:1909-19. 2011We previously showed that integrin αvβ3 expression upon engagement by its major ligand vitronectin (VN) correlated with enhanced human ovarian cancer cell adhesion, motility, and proliferation, by triggering intracellular signaling ..
- Substrate-bound insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I-IGF binding protein-vitronectin-stimulated breast cell migration is enhanced by coactivation of the phosphatidylinositide 3-Kinase/AKT pathway by alphav-integrins and the IGF-I receptorBrett G Hollier
Tissue Repair and Regeneration ProgramInstitute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, 60 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove, Queensland 4059, Australia
Endocrinology 149:1075-90. 2008IGF-I can bind to the extracellular matrix protein vitronectin (VN) through the involvement of IGF-binding proteins-2, -3, -4, and -5...
- Detection of vitronectin mRNA in tissues and cells of the mouseD Seiffert
Committee on Vascular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:9402-6. 1991Mouse vitronectin (Vn) was isolated from serum by heparin affinity chromatography...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and vitronectin promote the cellular clearance of thrombin by low density lipoprotein receptor-related proteins 1 and 2S Stefansson
Biochemistry Department, J H Holland Laboratory, American Red Cross, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
J Biol Chem 271:8215-20. 1996..alone, a poor solution phase inhibitor of thrombin, can efficiently inhibit thrombin in the presence of native vitronectin (VN)...
- Vitronectin in the cirrhotic liver: an immunomarker of mature fibrosisG K Koukoulis
Department of Pathology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Hum Pathol 32:1356-62. 2001b>Vitronectin (Vn) is a multifunctional plasma glycoprotein produced by hepatocytes. Vn has been studied extensively as a cell adhesion molecule...
- Vitronectin stabilizes thrombi and vessel occlusion but plays a dual role in platelet aggregationA Reheman
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Thromb Haemost 3:875-83. 2005The role of vitronectin (Vn) in thrombosis is currently controversial; both inhibitory and supportive roles have been reported...
- Identification and characterization of genes associated with human hepatocellular carcinogenesisN Kondoh
Department of Biochemistry II, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
Cancer Res 59:4990-6. 1999..ribosomal phosphoprotein P0 (rpP0), dek, insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP) 1, vitronectin, retinoic acid-induced gene E (RIG-E), and CYP3A4 (cytochrome P450 nifedipine oxidase) were identified as ..
- The alphavbeta5 integrin functions as an endocytic receptor for vitronectinL M Memmo
Cell and Molecular Biology Program, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Cell Sci 111:425-33. 1998Endocytosis and degradation of vitronectin by human skin fibroblasts are regulated by the beta5 integrin...
- The integrin alphavbeta6 is critical for keratinocyte migration on both its known ligand, fibronectin, and on vitronectinX Huang
Lung Biology Center, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Cell Sci 111:2189-95. 1998..Interestingly, keratinocytes from beta6-/- mice also demonstrated markedly reduced migration on vitronectin, a protein not previously known to be a ligand for alphavbeta6...
- Functional role of death-associated protein 3 (DAP3) in anoikisTadaaki Miyazaki
The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 279:44667-72. 2004..Involvement of DAP3 in anoikis signaling demonstrates a novel role for this GTP-binding protein in apoptosis induction caused by cell detachment...
- The interaction between urokinase receptor and vitronectin in cell adhesion and signallingChris D Madsen
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Via Adamello, 16, I 20139 Milan, Italy
Eur J Cell Biol 87:617-29. 2008..role in ECM degradation, uPAR modulates cell-matrix contact through a direct engagement with the ECM component, vitronectin (Vn), and by regulating the activity state of integrins thus promoting or inhibiting integrin signalling and ..
- Vitronectin and integrin vitronectin receptor localization in multiple sclerosis lesionsR A Sobel
Pathology Service, Palo Alto Veterans Administration Medical Center, CA 94304
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 54:202-13. 1995b>Vitronectin (Vn) is a multifunctional plasma and extracellular matrix glycoprotein involved in cell attachment, coagulation, phagocytosis, and the protection of bystander cells from complement- and T cell-mediated lysis...
- Developmental expression of prion protein and its ligands stress-inducible protein 1 and vitronectinGlaucia N M Hajj
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, São Paulo 01323 903, Brazil
J Comp Neurol 517:371-84. 2009..interaction with the secreted protein stress-inducible protein 1 (STI1) and the extracellular matrix protein vitronectin (Vn)...
- Nano-topography sensing by osteoclastsDafna Geblinger
Department of Structural Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Cell Sci 123:1503-10. 2010..The mechanisms whereby the physical properties of the substrate influence osteoclast behavior and their involvement in osteoclast function are discussed...
- Crystal structures of two human vitronectin, urokinase and urokinase receptor complexesQing Huai
Division of Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 15:422-3. 2008..This study reports the crystal structures of uPAR in complex with both urokinase (uPA) and vitronectin and reveal that uPA occupies the central cavity of the receptor, whereas vitronectin binds at the outer side of ..
- Coordination between extrinsic extracellular matrix cues and intrinsic responses to orient the centrosome in polarizing cerebellar granule neuronsShailesh Kumar Gupta
National Brain Research Center, Manesar, Haryana 122 050, India
J Neurosci 30:2755-66. 2010..The results show that, when laminin and/or vitronectin are used as spatially restricted cues in association with substrate-associated sonic hedgehog, they are ..
- Cerebral microenvironment influences expression of the vitronectin gene in astrocytic tumorsC L Gladson
Department of Pathology Division of Neuropathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294, USA
J Cell Sci 108:947-56. 1995Expression of the vitronectin gene was detected in advanced human astrocytoma by in situ hybridization, whereas vitronectin mRNA was undetectable in low grade tumors or in normal adult brain, indicating that vitronectin is a marker of ..
- Plasmin and plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 promote cellular motility by regulating the interaction between the urokinase receptor and vitronectinD A Waltz
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Children s Hospital, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 100:58-67. 1997..coordinates plasmin-mediated cell-surface proteolysis and promotes cellular adhesion via a binding site for vitronectin on uPAR...
- The p16(INK4a) tumour suppressor protein inhibits alphavbeta3 integrin-mediated cell spreading on vitronectin by blocking PKC-dependent localization of alphavbeta3 to focal contactsR Fahraeus
CRC Laboratories, Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 4HN, UK
EMBO J 18:2106-18. 1999Expression of full-length p16(INK4a) blocks alphavbeta3 integrin-dependent cell spreading on vitronectin but not collagen IV...
- Cross-talk between fMLP and vitronectin receptors triggered by urokinase receptor-derived SRSRY peptideLucia Gargiulo
Department of Experimental Oncology, National Cancer Institute, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:25225-32. 2005..Cell exposure to SRSRY peptide promotes directional migration on vitronectin-coated filters, regardless of uPAR expression, in a specific and dose-dependent manner, with maximal effect at ..
- Inhibition of HIV replication by the plasminogen activator is dependent on vitronectin-mediated cell adhesionChiara Elia
DIBIT, AIDS Immunopathogenesis Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina, 58, 20132, Milan, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 82:1212-20. 2007..Moreover, U1 cells were also maintained in the presence or absence of vitronectin (VN)-containing sera or serum from VN(-/-) mice...
- The plasminogen activation system in tumor growth, invasion, and metastasisP A Andreasen
Department of Molecular and Structural Biology, Aarhus University, Denmark
Cell Mol Life Sci 57:25-40. 2000..The increased knowledge about the plasminogen activation system may allow utilization of its components as targets for anti-invasive therapy...
- Localization of the domains of the Haemophilus ducreyi trimeric autotransporter DsrA involved in serum resistance and binding to the extracellular matrix proteins fibronectin and vitronectinIsabelle Leduc
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7031, USA
Infect Immun 77:657-66. 2009..DsrA also functions as an adhesin for the extracellular matrix proteins fibronectin and vitronectin and mediates attachment of H. ducreyi to keratinocytes...
- Absence of the alpha v beta 3 integrin dictates the time-course of angiogenesis in the hypoxic central nervous system: accelerated endothelial proliferation correlates with compensatory increases in alpha 5 beta 1 integrin expressionLongxuan Li
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 30:1031-43. 2010..alpha v beta 3 integrin was strongly induced on angiogenic brain endothelial cells (BEC), along with its ligand vitronectin. In the hypoxia model, beta 3 integrin-null mice showed no obvious defect in cerebral angiogenesis...
- Cytokines regulate microglial adhesion to laminin and astrocyte extracellular matrix via protein kinase C-dependent activation of the alpha6beta1 integrinRichard Milner
Department of Neuropharmacology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 22:1562-72. 2002..On specific ECM substrates the microglia adhered strongly to fibronectin, vitronectin, and plastic but only weakly to laminin...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and vitronectin expression level and stoichiometry regulate vascular smooth muscle cell migration through physiological collagen matricesN Garg
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri School of Medicine and Research Service, Harry S Truman Memorial Veterans Affairs Hospital, Columbia, MO, USA
J Thromb Haemost 8:1847-54. 2010..Vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) migration is a critical process in arterial remodeling. Purified plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) is reported to both promote and inhibit VSMC migration on two-dimensional (D) surfaces...
- P21-activated kinase 4 interacts with integrin alpha v beta 5 and regulates alpha v beta 5-mediated cell migrationHongquan Zhang
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Microbiology, Pathology, and Immunology, SE 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
J Cell Biol 158:1287-97. 2002..Importantly, engagement of integrin alpha v beta 5 by cell attachment to vitronectin led to a redistribution of PAK4 from the cytosol to dynamic lamellipodial structures where PAK4 colocalized ..
- Vitronectin and its receptors partly mediate adhesion of ovarian cancer cells to peritoneal mesothelium in vitroLoraine Heyman
ERRMECe, EA 1391, UFR Sciences et Techniques, Cergy Pontoise, France
Tumour Biol 29:231-44. 2008..The aim of our study was to focus on the role of vitronectin (Vn) and its receptors, alpha(v) integrins and urokinase plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR), in the ..
- Structure and ligand interactions of the urokinase receptor (uPAR)Magnus Kjaergaard
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet section 3735, Copenhagen Biocenter room 3 3 31, Ole Maaloes Vej 5, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Front Biosci 13:5441-61. 2008..The structural biology of uPAR will be reviewed with special emphasis on its multidomain composition and the interaction with its natural protein ligands, i.e. the serine protease uPA and the matrix protein vitronectin.
- Vitronectin inhibits plasminogen activator inhibitor-1-induced signalling and chemotaxis by blocking plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 binding to the low-density lipoprotein receptor-related proteinYuichi Kamikubo
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Vascular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41:578-85. 2009..However, the plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 can also interact with vitronectin which acts as a cofactor by increasing the half-life of the active form of the serpin...
- Chimeric vitronectin:insulin-like growth factor proteins enhance cell growth and migration through co-activation of receptorsDerek R Van Lonkhuyzen
Tissue Repair and Regeneration Program, Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, Queensland, Australia
Growth Factors 25:295-308. 2007Complexes comprised of IGF-I, IGF-binding proteins and the ECM protein vitronectin (VN) stimulate cell migration and growth and can replace the requirement for serum for the ex vivo expansion of cells, as well as promote wound healing in ..
- Vitronectin in human breast carcinomasMads Aaboe
Laboratory for Cellular Protein Science, Department for Molecular Biology, Aarhus University, Gustav Wied s Vej 10C, DK 8000 C, Aarhus, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1638:72-82. 2003We have analysed the occurrence of the extracellular glycoprotein vitronectin in carcinomas and normal tissue of human breast...
- Induction of glioma cell migration by vitronectin in human serum and cerebrospinal fluidYuji Fukushima
Department of Biology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
J Neurosurg 107:578-85. 2007..Malignant gliomas are often highly invasive and can migrate along blood vessels. The purpose of the current study was to identify the substance in human serum and/or cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) that promotes glioma cell migration...
- A mechanism for assembly of complexes of vitronectin and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 from sedimentation velocity analysisKenneth H Minor
Department of Biochemistry, Cellular, and Molecular Biology and the Center of Excellence in Structural Biology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996, USA
J Biol Chem 280:28711-20. 2005Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and vitronectin are cofactors involved in pathological conditions such as injury, inflammation, and cancer, during which local levels of PAI-1 are increased and the active serpin forms complexes ..
- Fibrin-incorporated vitronectin is involved in platelet adhesion and thrombus formation through homotypic interactions with platelet-associated vitronectinYa Ping Wu
Department of Nephrology C3P25, University Medical Centre, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Blood 104:1034-41. 2004When a blood clot is formed, vitronectin (VN) is incorporated. Here we studied the consequence of VN incorporation for platelet interactions under flow...
- Vitronectin: growth factor complexes hold potential as a wound therapy approachZee Upton
Tissue Repair and Regeneration Program, Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove, Queensland, Australia
J Invest Dermatol 128:1535-44. 2008..We report herein that complexes comprising IGF and IGF-binding proteins bound to the ECM protein vitronectin (VN) significantly enhance cellular functions relevant to wound repair in human skin keratinocytes in two- and ..
- A monoclonal antibody inhibits adhesion to fibronectin and vitronectin of a colon carcinoma cell line and recognizes the integrins alpha v beta 3, alpha v beta 5, and alpha v beta 6M Lehmann
Institut de Chimie Biologique, ER CNRS 079, , France
Cancer Res 54:2102-7. 1994..strongly in a dose-dependent manner arginine-glycine-aspartic acid-mediated adhesion of HT29-D4 cells to vitronectin, fibronectin, or ProNectin F but not to laminin or collagen...
- Localization of protein kinase A and vitronectin in resting platelets and their translocation onto fibrin fibers during clot formationE Morgenstern
Department of Medical Biology, Saarland University, Homburg-Saar/Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 80:87-98. 2001..In human blood, this kinase singles out and phosphorylates vitronectin (Vn), a multifunctional regulatory protein, which was proposed to play an important role in the control of ..
- Haemophilus influenzae protein E recognizes the C-terminal domain of vitronectin and modulates the membrane attack complexBirendra Singh
Medical Microbiology and Medical Protein Chemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine Malmö, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Mol Microbiol 81:80-98. 2011..region comprising amino acids PE 84-108 also interferes with complement-mediated bacterial killing by capturing vitronectin (Vn) that prevents complement deposition and formation of the membrane attack complex (MAC)...
- Number and brightness image analysis reveals ATF-induced dimerization kinetics of uPAR in the cell membraneChristian Hellriegel
Microscopy and Dynamic Imaging Unit, National Center for Cardiovascular Research CNIC, Madrid, Spain
FASEB J 25:2883-97. 2011..We also provide the first methodological guide on N&B to discern minor changes in molecular composition such as those due to dimerization events, which are involved in fundamental cell signaling mechanisms...
- Vitronectin inhibits neutrophil apoptosis through activation of integrin-associated signaling pathwaysHong Beom Bae
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, 901 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 46:790-6. 2012b>Vitronectin is present in large concentrations in serum and the extracellular matrix...
- Differential regulation of vitronectin in mice and humans in vitroD Seiffert
Department of Vascular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 271:5474-80. 1996To define the cis-acting elements involved in the regulation of the murine vitronectin (Vn) gene in inflammation, the 5'-flanking region was isolated, fused to the luciferase reporter gene, and the basal and interleukin 6 (IL-6)-..
- Surface modification by complexes of vitronectin and growth factors for serum-free culture of human osteoblastsIris Schleicher
Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Tissue Eng 11:1688-98. 2005..Complexes composed of vitronectin (VN), insulin-like growth factors (IGFs), and insulin growth factor-binding proteins (IGFBPs) have been ..
- Mechanistic investigations into interactions between IGF-I and IGFBPs and their impact on facilitating cell migration on vitronectinJennifer A Kricker
Tissue Repair and Regeneration Program, Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, 60 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove, 4059, Queensland, Australia
Growth Factors 28:359-69. 2010..studies have reported links between insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) and the extra-cellular matrix protein vitronectin (VN)...
- Potential role for insulin-like growth factor II and vitronectin in the endothelial-mesenchymal transition processEnrique Arciniegas
Servicio Autónomo Instituto de Biomedicina, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Apartado de correos 4043, Carmelitas, Caracas 1010, Venezuela
Differentiation 74:277-92. 2006..These cellular events also occurred when IGFII was added to medium containing vitronectin (VN)...
- Integrin alpha(v)beta(3)/vitronectin interaction affects expression of the urokinase system in human ovarian cancer cellsS Hapke
, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaninger Strasse 22, , Germany
J Biol Chem 276:26340-8. 2001..The two systems are functionally linked because uPAR and PAI-1 bind to the ECM component vitronectin (VN)...
- Effect of cancer procoagulant (CP) on the growth and adhesion of MCF-7 cells to vitronectin in vitroMałgorzata Kamocka
Department of Pharmaceutical Biochemistry, Medical University of Lodz, ul Muszyńskiego 1, 90151 Lodz, Poland
Cancer Lett 222:89-94. 2005..Effects of anti-CP antibody on the growth of MCF-7 breast cancer cells and on the cells adhesion to vitronectin have been analyzed in vitro...
- Molecular interactions and functional interference between vitronectin and transforming growth factor-betaMichael Schoppet
Department of Biochemistry, Justus Liebig University, Friedrichstrasse 24, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Lab Invest 82:37-46. 2002..The multifunctional adhesive glycoprotein vitronectin (VN), which is found in the circulation and widely distributed throughout different tissues, has been ..
- Type 1 plasminogen activator inhibitor induces multimerization of plasma vitronectin. A suggested mechanism for the generation of the tissue form of vitronectin in vivoD Seiffert
Department of Vascular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 271:29644-51. 1996The conformation and degree of multimerization of vitronectin (Vn) appears to be of critical importance for its functions, but little is known about the underlying mechanisms that control Vn multimerization...
- Involvement of alpha(v)beta3 integrin-like receptor and glycosaminoglycans in Candida albicans germ tube adhesion to vitronectin and to a human endothelial cell lineG Santoni
Department of Pharmacological Sciences and Experimental Medicine, University of Camerino, Camerino, Italy
Microb Pathog 31:159-72. 2001The present study was undertaken to investigate the expression of alpha(v)beta3 and alpha(v)beta5 integrin-like vitronectin receptors (VNRs) on Candida albicans germ tube and their involvement in its adhesion to vitronectin (VN) and ..
- Urokinase/urokinase receptor and vitronectin/alpha(v)beta(3) integrin induce chemotaxis and cytoskeleton reorganization through different signaling pathwaysB Degryse
Department of Molecular Pathology and Medicine, , Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milano, Italy
Oncogene 20:2032-43. 2001b>Vitronectin (VN) and pro-urokinase (pro-uPA) stimulated migration of rat smooth muscle cells in a dose-dependent and additive way, and induced motile-type changes in cell morphology together with a complete reorganization of the actin ..
- Identification of disialic acid-containing glycoproteins in mouse serum: a novel modification of immunoglobulin light chains, vitronectin, and plasminogenZenta Yasukawa
Laboratory of Animal Cell Function, Bioscience and Biotechnology Center, Nagoya University, Japan
Glycobiology 16:651-65. 2006..purified three components, 30-, 70-, and 120-kDa gp, and identified them as an immunoglobulin (Ig) light chain, vitronectin, and plasminogen, respectively, using matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass ..
- Vitronectin's basic domain is a syndecan ligand which functions in trans to regulate vitronectin turnoverCynthia E Wilkins-Port
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Neil Hellman Medical Research Building, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 10:85-103. 2003During the process of tissue remodeling, vitronectin (Vn) is deposited in the extracellular matrix where it plays a key role in the regulation of pericellular proteolysis and cell motility...
- Novel hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) binding domains on fibronectin and vitronectin coordinate a distinct and amplified Met-integrin induced signalling pathway in endothelial cellsSalman Rahman
Coagulation Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, GKT School of Medicine, St, Thomas Hospital, London, UK
BMC Cell Biol 6:8. 2005..Signals emanating from growth factors and the extracellular matrix are important in regulating these processes...
- Vitronectin is up-regulated after vascular injury and vitronectin blockade prevents neointima formationPascale Dufourcq
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, INSERM Unité 441, Athéroclérose, Avenue du Haut Leveque, 33600 Pessac, France
Cardiovasc Res 53:952-62. 2002..We investigated the expression and the functional role of vitronectin (VN) in the response after vascular injury.
- Vitronectin in atherosclerotic diseaseOzlem Balci Ekmekci
Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Department of Pediatric Heamatology Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Chim Acta 368:77-83. 2006..b>Vitronectin is a plasma glycoprotein implicated as a regulator of diverse physiological process, including blood ..
- Candida albicans expresses a focal adhesion kinase-like protein that undergoes increased tyrosine phosphorylation upon yeast cell adhesion to vitronectin and the EA.hy 926 human endothelial cell lineGiorgio Santoni
Department of Pharmacological Sciences and Experimental Medicine, University of Camerino, 62032 Camerino, Italy
Infect Immun 70:3804-15. 2002..related to the vertebrate p125Fak, and its involvement in integrin-like-mediated fungus adhesion to vitronectin (VN) and EA.hy 926 human endothelial cell line...
- Ovarian cancer cell proliferation and motility is induced by engagement of integrin alpha(v)beta3/Vitronectin interactionSandra Hapke
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Research Unit, Technical University Munich, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Biol Chem 384:1073-83. 2003..Human ovarian OV-MZ-6 cancer cells express the integrin alpha(v)beta3, which associates with vitronectin (VN) and correlates with ovarian cancer progression...
- Role of alphavbeta5 integrins and vitronectin in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAK interaction with A549 respiratory cellsJohanne Leroy-Dudal
Laboratoire ERRMECe EA1391, Universite de Cergy Pontoise, France
Microbes Infect 6:875-81. 2004..we explored the role of alpha5beta1 and alphavbeta5 integrins and their natural ligands, fibronectin (Fn) and vitronectin (Vn), in P...
- Adhesion of human ovarian adenocarcinoma IGROV1 cells to endothelial cells is partly mediated by the alphav integrins-vitronectin adhesive system and induces an alteration of endothelial integrityJohanne Leroy-Dudal
ERRMECe, EA 1391, UFR Sciences et Techniques, 2 rue Adolphe Chauvin, 95302 Cergy Pontoise Cedex, France
Cell Biol Int 29:482-8. 2005..Considering the ability of ovarian carcinoma to disseminate by a haematogenous way, these in vitro events could mimic a preliminary step for carcinoma cells crossing the endothelial barrier to extravasate...
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 impairs alveolar epithelial repair by binding to vitronectinMichael H Lazar
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, 1150 West Medical Center Drive, 6301 MSRB III, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0642, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 31:672-8. 2004..By using PAI-1 variants and AEC from mice transgenically deficient in vitronectin (Vn), we demonstrate that the PAI-1 effect requires its Vn-binding activity...
- Galectin 1 inhibits incorporation of vitronectin and chondroitin sulfate B into the extracellular matrix of human vascular smooth muscle cellsElena P Moiseeva
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Leicester, Clinical Sciences Wing, Glenfield General Hospital, Leicester LE3 9QP, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1619:125-32. 2003..with glycosaminoglycan (GAG) chains, (2) cross-links between ligands and facilitates the incorporation of GAGs, vitronectin and plasma fibronectin in the ECM of vascular SMCs...
- Endoproteolytic activation of alpha(v) integrin by proprotein convertase PC5 is required for vascular smooth muscle cell adhesion to vitronectin and integrin-dependent signalingPhilipp Stawowy
Department of Medicine Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Circulation 109:770-6. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate the activation of alpha(v) by PCs in VSMCs and its consequences for alpha(v)-dependent cell functions...
- Initial formation of IGROV1 ovarian cancer multicellular aggregates involves vitronectinSabrina Kellouche
ERRMECe, EA 1391, Institut des materiaux, UFR Sciences et Techniques, Universite de Cergy Pontoise, 2 rue Adolphe Chauvin, 95302, Cergy Pontoise Cedex, France
Tumour Biol 31:129-39. 2010..We have previously demonstrated the involvement of the vitronectin/alphav integrin adhesive system in the dissemination of ovarian cancer cells and continue to investigate the ..
- Fibronectin, vitronectin, and collagen I induce chemotaxis and haptotaxis of human and rabbit mesenchymal stem cells in a standardized transmembrane assayMarc M Thibault
Department of Chemical Engineering, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Stem Cells Dev 16:489-502. 2007..standardized transmembrane chemotaxis assay to assess the chemotactic and haptotactic potential of fibronectin, vitronectin, and collagen type 1 on MSCs from both rabbit and human origin...
- MOLECULAR INTERACTIONS REGULATING SERPIN FUNCTIONDaniel Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition to protease inhibition, PAI-1 interacts with a number of important ligands including vitronectin, heparin and lipoprotein receptor-related protein (LRP)...
- Tissue Factor, Flow, and Platelet Adhesion/Aggregation on Activated EndotheliumERIC FRANKLIN GRABOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2010..may proceed via upregulation of endothelial cell (EC) molecules adhesive for platelets, especially 1v23 (the vitronectin receptor), ICAM-1, P-selectin, and ultra large von Willebrand factor (vWF) strings, accompanied and followed by ..
- TUMOR CELL ADHESIVE GLYCOPROTEINS AND METASTASISKENNETH HONN; Fiscal Year: 1993..Among them, are the vitronectin receptor alpha-v-beta-3 and alpha-II-b-beta-3...
- Urokinase, Neutrophil Activation and Acute Lung Injury.Edward Abraham; Fiscal Year: 2010..in circulating and pulmonary concentrations of urokinase (uPA), plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1), and vitronectin, are present in almost all patients with acute lung injury (ALI)...
- CONTROL OF PERICELLULAR PLASMIN BY MATRIX VITRONECTINPAULA MC KEOWN LONGO; Fiscal Year: 1993Our previous studies have indicated that the extracellular matrix protein, vitronectin, directs the localization of both plasminogen activator inhibitor, type I, (PAI-1), and urokinase-type plasminogen activator (uPA) to vitronectin ..
- KININOGEN/UROKINASE RECEPTORS IN TUMOR ANGIOGENESISRobert Colman; Fiscal Year: 2007..By binding to uPAR, HKa also displaces the adhesive protein, vitronectin, thereby allowing the endothelial cells to detach from the ECM...
- PROTECTIVE ROLE OF APOPTOSIS IN ASBESTOS PLEURAL INJURYV Broaddus; Fiscal Year: 2001..Then, she will determine the mechanisms by which certain signals, namely those initiated by vitronectin receptors, inhibit asbestos-induced apoptosis...
- HEPARIN-PROTEIN/PEPTIDE INTERACTIONSRobert Linhardt; Fiscal Year: 2000..the same structural features and bind a number of proteins that are found in the extracellular matrix including vitronectin and fibroblast growth factors...
- ERYTHROCYTE MEMBRANE ABNORMALITIES IN SICKLE DISEASERobert Hebbel; Fiscal Year: 1993..The effect of von Willebrand factor, thrombospondin, vitronectin, fibronectin and fibrinogen will be examined...
- KININOGEN/UROKINASE RECEPTORS IN TUMOR ANGIOGENESISRobert Colman; Fiscal Year: 2003..HKa binds to domain 2/3 of uPAR on endothelial cells and competes for occupancy with a major adhesive protein, vitronectin. HKa, when bound, also facilitates the binding and activation of PK to kallikrein, which cleaves pro-urokinase ..
- Roles of Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 and Vitronectin in Failure of CoronaryWilliam P Fay; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Vitronectin (VN) is an adhesive glycoprotein present in extracellular matrix (ECM) and plasma that stabilizes PAI-1 and ..
- OVERALL HEMOCOMPATIBILITY PEO-FUNCTIONALIZED SILOXANESWilliam Collins; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will investigate the role of vitronectin adsorbed to these biomaterials because it should further characterize their biocompatibility...
- The Anti-protease and Vitronectin-binding Functions of PAI-1 in Lung FibrosisThomas Sisson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Through this mechanism, PAI-1 limits plasmin-mediated proteolysis. Second, PAI-1 is capable of binding to vitronectin, a provisional matrix protein. This interaction significantly stabilizes PAI-1's antiprotease activity...
- WOUND HEALING ANGIOGENESISFrank Isik; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Vitronectin, a glycoprotein found in plasma and deposited at the site of tissue injury, has no defined role in vivo...
- Control of the Pneumocystis carinii Life CycleAndrew Limper; Fiscal Year: 2007..to epithelial cells is mediated through host extracellular matrix proteins, particularly fibronectin and vitronectin. We recently demonstrated that Pneumocystis expresses an INT1 gene, homologous to integrin-like molecules, ..
- REGULATION OF ANGIOGENESIS BY PLASMINOGEN ACTIVATOR INHIDaniel Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 1999..We will test the hypotheses that, (1) binding of vascular cell integrins to the matrix protein vitronectin is an important step in the angiogenic process, (2) PAI-1 can directly inhibit this interaction, and (3) PA ..
- REGULATION OF ANGIOGENESIS BY PAI1Daniel Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will test the hypotheses that, (1) binding of vascular cell integrins to the matrix protein vitronectin is an important step in the angiogenic process, (2) PAI-1 can directly inhibit this interaction, and (3) PA ..