Genomes and Genes
Summary: A specific protein in egg albumin that interacts with BIOTIN to render it unavailable to mammals, thereby producing biotin deficiency.
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- Biodegradable nanoparticles for direct or two-step tumor immunotargetingLeila Nobs
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ecole de Pharmacie Genève Lausanne, University of Geneva, Quai Ernest Ansermet 30, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Bioconjug Chem 17:139-45. 2006..have been studied, a direct method using antibody-labeled NPs (mAb-NPs) and a pretargeting method using the avidin-biotin technology...
- Three-dimensional structures of avidin and the avidin-biotin complexO Livnah
Department of Structural Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:5076-80. 1993The crystal structures of a deglycosylated form of the egg-white glycoprotein avidin and of its complex with biotin have been determined to 2.6 and 3.0 A, respectively...
- Genetically engineered avidins and streptavidinsO H Laitinen
A I Virtanen Institute, Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, 70211, Kuopio, Finland
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:2992-3017. 2006Chicken avidin and bacterial streptavidin, (strept)avidin, are proteins widely utilized in a number of applications in life science, ranging from purification and labeling techniques to diagnostics, and from targeted drug delivery to ..
- Use of avidin/biotin-liposome system for enhanced peritoneal drug delivery in an ovarian cancer modelCristina L Zavaleta
Department of Radiology, MSC 7800, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Int J Pharm 337:316-28. 2007The goal of this study was to determine the distribution of the avidin/biotin-liposome system in an ovarian cancer xenograft model...
- Pretargeted radioimmunotherapy of cancer: progress step by stepOtto C Boerman
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 44:400-11. 2003..can be distinguished: pretargeting strategies based on the avid interaction between streptavidin (SA) or avidin and biotin, and pretargeting strategies based on the use of bispecific antibodies...
- Avidin-biotin technology in targeted therapyHanna P Lesch
University of Eastern Finland, A I Virtanen Institute, Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, Kuopio, Finland
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 7:551-64. 2010..Many approaches in cancer treatment are limited because of their broad range of unwanted side effects on healthy cells. Targeting can reduce side effects and increase efficacy of drugs in the patient...
- Hepatocyte targeting of 111In-labeled oligo-DNA with avidin or avidin-dendrimer complexMarcelo Mamede
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Control Release 95:133-41. 2004..gene transfer vector to hepatocytes, various oligo-carrier complexes were developed employing dendrimer (G4) and avidin-biotin systems (Av-bt), and their biodistribution were evaluated...
- Structural and functional characteristics of xenavidin, the first frog avidin from Xenopus tropicalisJuha A E Määttä
Institute of Medical Technology, Biokatu 6, FI 33014 University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
BMC Struct Biol 9:63. 2009..Here we structurally and functionally characterise a novel avidin named xenavidin, which is to our knowledge the first reported avidin from a frog.
- Accurate titration of avidin and streptavidin with biotin-fluorophore conjugates in complex, colored biofluidsH J Gruber
Institute of Biophysics, J Kepler University, Altenberger Str 69, A 4040 Linz, Austria
Biochim Biophys Acta 1381:203-12. 1998A new fluorimetric assay is presented for the specific and reliable quantitation of >/=2 nM avidin and streptavidin...
- Controlling quaternary structure assembly: subunit interface engineering and crystal structure of dual chain avidinVesa P Hytönen
Nanoscience Center, Department of Biological and Environmental Science, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
J Mol Biol 359:1352-63. 2006Dual chain avidin (dcAvd) is an engineered avidin form, in which two circularly permuted chicken avidin monomers are fused into one polypeptide chain...
- Bifunctional avidin with covalently modifiable ligand binding siteJenni Leppiniemi
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
PLoS ONE 6:e16576. 2011The extensive use of avidin and streptavidin in life sciences originates from the extraordinary tight biotin-binding affinity of these tetrameric proteins...
- Avidin: a natural bridge for quantum dot-antibody conjugatesEllen R Goldman
U S Naval Research Laboratory, Center for Bio Molecular Science and Engineering and Division of Optical Sciences, Washington, D C 20375, USA
J Am Chem Soc 124:6378-82. 2002..semiconductor CdSe-ZnS core-shell nanocrystal quantum dots (QDs) were coupled to antibodies through the use of an avidin bridge adsorbed to the nanocrystal surface via electrostatic self-assembly...
- Bradavidin II from Bradyrhizobium japonicum: a new avidin-like biotin-binding proteinSatu H Helppolainen
Institute of Medical Technology, Biokatu 6, FI 33014 University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Finland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1784:1002-10. 2008A gene encoding an avidin-like protein was discovered in the genome of B. japonicum. The gene was cloned to an expression vector and a protein, named bradavidin II, was produced in E. coli...
- Rational modification of ligand-binding preference of avidin by circular permutation and mutagenesisJuha A E Määttä
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, 33014 University of Tampere, Finland
Chembiochem 9:1124-35. 2008Chicken avidin is a key component used in a wide variety of biotechnological applications. Here we present a circularly permuted avidin (cpAvd4-->3) that lacks the loop between beta-strands 3 and 4...
- The lipocalin protein family: structure and functionD R Flower
Department of Physical Chemistry and BioAnalysis, Astra Charnwood, Loughborough, Leics, U K
Biochem J 318:1-14. 1996..The lipocalins have also been implicated in the regulation of cell homoeostasis and the modulation of the immune response, and, as carrier proteins, to act in the general clearance of endogenous and exogenous compounds...
- Easily reversible desthiobiotin binding to streptavidin, avidin, and other biotin-binding proteins: uses for protein labeling, detection, and isolationJames D Hirsch
Molecular Probes, Inc, Eugene, OR 97402, USA
Anal Biochem 308:343-57. 2002The high-affinity binding of biotin to avidin, streptavidin, and related proteins has been exploited for decades...
- Dynamic force measurements of avidin-biotin and streptavdin-biotin interactions using AFMMarzena de Odrowaz Piramowicz
Institute of Nuclear Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland
Acta Biochim Pol 53:93-100. 2006..atomic force microscopy (AFM) we performed dynamic force measurements of the adhesive forces in two model systems: avidin-biotin and streptavidin-biotin...
- Rhizavidin from Rhizobium etli: the first natural dimer in the avidin protein familySatu H Helppolainen
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, FI 33014 Tampere, Finland
Biochem J 405:397-405. 2007..The symbiotic plasmid p42d of R. etli comprises a gene encoding a putative (strept)avidin-like protein, named rhizavidin...
- Characterization of poultry egg-white avidins and their potential as a tool in pretargeting cancer treatmentVesa P Hytönen
Department of Biological and Environmental Science, University of Jyvaskyla, P O Box 35 YAB, Jyvaskyla, FIN 40014, Finland
Biochem J 372:219-25. 2003Chicken avidin and bacterial streptavidin are proteins used in a wide variety of applications in the life sciences due to their strong affinity for biotin. A new and promising use for them is in medical pretargeting cancer treatments...
- Insecticidal activity of recombinant avidin produced in yeastGareth Hinchliffe
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, University of Durham, Science Laboratories, South Road, Durham DH1 3LE, UK
J Insect Physiol 56:629-39. 2010An expression construct encoding chicken (Gallus gallus) avidin was assembled from amplified fragments of genomic DNA. Recombinant, functional avidin was produced in Pichia pastoris, with yields of up to 80 mg/l of culture supernatant...
- (Strept)avidin-displaying lentiviruses as versatile tools for targeting and dual imaging of gene deliveryM U Kaikkonen
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, AI Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Gene Ther 16:894-904. 2009..We have developed a dual-imaging strategy based on avidin-biotin system allowing easy exchange of the surface ligand on HIV-derived lentivirus envelope...
- Endogenous biotin in rat brain: implications for false-positive results with avidin-biotin and streptavidin-biotin techniquesBruce E McKay
Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Methods Mol Biol 418:111-28. 2008The interaction between avidin and biotin or streptavidin and biotin forms the basis of several widely used immunohistochemical techniques...
- Direct immobilization of avidin protein on AFM tip functionalized by acrylic acid vapor at RF plasmaLilian T Costa
Instituto de Biofisica, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro Polo Xerém, Duque de Caxias 25245 390, Brazil
J Mol Recognit 25:256-61. 2012..The Fourier transform-infrared spectroscopy spectrum shows a high absorbance of avidin protein over the silicon surface functionalized by AA plasma treatment...
- Reversibility of the anti-FXa activity of idrabiotaparinux (biotinylated idraparinux) by intravenous avidin infusionI Paty
Sanofi Aventis Recherche and Développement, Clinical and Pharmacology Department, Chilly Mazarin, France
J Thromb Haemost 8:722-9. 2010Idraparinux is an inhibitor of activated factor X (FXa) with a long half-life allowing once-weekly dosing. Idrabiotaparinux is a biotinylated version of idraparinux; its activity can be reversed with avidin.
- Label free optical sensor for Avidin based on single gold nanoparticles functionalized with aptamersFrank Jeyson Hernandez
Department of Chemical Engineering, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
J Biophotonics 2:227-31. 2009..of a single gold nanoparticle, functionalized with an aptamer, is used to sense the specific binding of avidin. Herewith, the field of single noble metal nanoparticle biosensors is extended to the important field of aptamer ..
- Biological and chemical decoration of peptide nanostructures via biotin-avidin interactionsMeital Reches
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:2239-45. 2007..chemical modification of ADNT with biotin moieties, in order to enable the selective decoration of the tubes with avidin-labeled species. First, ADNT were prepared in aqueous solution by self-assembly of the dipeptide building blocks...
- Avidin expression during chick chondrocyte and myoblast development in vitro and in vivo: regulation of cell proliferationB Zerega
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Centro Biotecnologie Avanzate, Genova, Italy
J Cell Sci 114:1473-82. 2001b>Avidin is a major [35S]methionine-labeled protein induced by bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and interleukin 6 (IL-6) in cultured chick embryo myoblasts and chondrocytes...
- Nucleic acid intercalators and avidin probes derived from luminescent cyclometalated iridium(III)-dipyridoquinoxaline and -dipyridophenazine complexesKenneth Kam Wing Lo
Department of Biology and Chemistry, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Chemistry 12:1500-12. 2006..dppzB (6)) have been designed as luminescent intercalators for DNA and probes for avidin. The structure of complex 4 has been studied by X-ray crystallography...
- A human biotin acceptor domain allows site-specific conjugation of an enzyme to an antibody-avidin fusion protein for targeted drug deliveryTsuneaki Asai
Department of Microbiology, Molecular Genetics and Molecular Biology Institute, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Biomol Eng 21:145-55. 2005We have previously constructed an antibody-avidin (Av) fusion protein, anti-transferrin receptor (TfR) IgG3-Av, which can deliver biotinylated molecules to cells expressing the TfR...
- A target cell-specific activatable fluorescence probe for in vivo molecular imaging of cancer based on a self-quenched avidin-rhodamine conjugateYukihiro Hama
Molecular Imaging Program, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1088, USA
Cancer Res 67:2791-9. 2007..quot; In this study, an alternate fluorescence activation strategy is proposed whereby self-quenching avidin-rhodamine X, which has affinity for lectin on cancer cells, is activated after endocytosis and degradation within ..
- Polymerase chain reaction coupling with magnetic nanoparticles-based biotin-avidin system for amplification of chemiluminescent detection signals of nucleic acidZhiyang Li
State Key Laboratory of Bioelectronics, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 11:1074-8. 2011....
- Target visualization by MRI using the avidin/biotin amplification route: synthesis and testing of a biotin-Gd-DOTA monoamide trimerLorenzo Tei
Dipartimento di Scienze dell Ambiente e della Vita, Universita del Piemonte Orientale Amedeo Avogadro, Viale T Michel 11, 15121 Alessandria, Italy
Chemistry 16:8080-7. 2010..in magnetic resonance (MR) molecular imaging applications, the formation of supramolecular adducts between (strept)avidin ((S)Av) and tribiotinylated Gd-DOTA-monoamide complexes (DOTA=1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane-N,N',N'',N'''-..
- Avidin functionalized maghemite nanoparticles and their application for recombinant human biotinyl-SERCA purificationMassimiliano Magro
Department of Comparative Biomedicine and Food Science, University of Padua, Italy
Langmuir 28:15392-401. 2012..one-step, green procedure and functionalized with ligands of high biotechnological interest, such as biotin and avidin, by simple incubation in aqueous solution...
- Avidin is a heparin-binding protein. Affinity, specificity and structural analysisWarren C Kett
Molecular Immunology Laboratory, School of Biomedical Sciences, Curtin University of Technology, Level 5 MRF Building, Rear 50 Murray Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1620:225-34. 2003The specificity, affinity and stoichiometry of the interaction between avidin and glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) have been investigated using heparin-coated microtiter-plate assays, a filter binding assay and surface plasmon resonance (SPR) ..
- A synthetic host-guest system achieves avidin-biotin affinity by overcoming enthalpy-entropy compensationMikhail V Rekharsky
ICORP Entropy Control Project JST and Department of Applied Chemistry, Osaka University, Yamada oka, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:20737-42. 2007..constant for this host-guest pair is 3 x 10(15) M(-1) (K(d) = 3 x 10(-16) M), equivalent to that exhibited by the avidin-biotin pair...
- The avidin-biotin complex (ABC) method and other avidin-biotin binding methodsGary L Bratthauer
Department of Gynecologic and Breast Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC, USA
Methods Mol Biol 588:257-70. 2010Immunoenzyme methods can be enhanced by the use of the high affinity molecules, avidin and biotin. The binding of avidin to biotin is almost irreversible...
- Probing the interaction of the biotin-avidin complex with the relaxivity of biotinylated Gd-DTPASander Langereis
Laboratory of Macromolecular and Organic Chemistry, Eindhoven University of Technology, P O Box 513, 5600 MB, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Org Biomol Chem 2:1271-3. 2004A biotinylated Gd-DTPA complex is designed to study the biotin-avidin complexation using the longitudinal relaxivity of this new MRI label, which illustrates the use of MRI contrast agents to probe the formation of supramolecular ..
- Three-step tumor targeting of paclitaxel using biotinylated PLA-PEG nanoparticles and avidin-biotin technology: Formulation development and in vitro anticancer activityMika Pulkkinen
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 70:66-74. 2008..In this study, three-step tumor targeting of paclitaxel using biotinylated PLA-PEG nanoparticles and avidin-biotin technology was evaluated in vitro as a way of enhancing delivery of paclitaxel...
- Recording intracellular molecular events from the outside: glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored avidin as a reporter protein for in vivo imagingSteffi Lehmann
University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Nucl Med 52:445-52. 2011..Here we describe the use of glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored avidin, an avidin moiety targeted to the extracellular side of cell membranes via a GPI anchor, as a reporter for in vivo ..
- Demonstration of gastrin cell autoantibodies in antral gastritis with avidin-biotin complex antibody techniqueR M Uibo
Clin Exp Immunol 58:341-7. 1984In the present study we used the highly sensitive avidin-biotin complex technique (ABC) for detection of gastrin cell (G cell) autoantibodies...
- Inhibition of NF-kappaB and Akt pathways by an antibody-avidin fusion protein sensitizes malignant B-cells to cisplatin-induced apoptosisEriko Suzuki
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 165 8582, Japan
Int J Oncol 36:1299-307. 2010..protein consisting of an IgG3 specific for the human transferrin receptor 1 (TfR1, CD71) genetically fused to avidin at its carboxy-terminus (ch128.1Av). We have previously shown that ch128...
- In situ IR spectroscopic studies of the avidin-biotin bioconjugation reaction on CdS particle filmsAidan G Young
Department of Chemistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Langmuir 25:7416-23. 2009b>Avidin-biotin bioconjugation reactions have been carried out on CdS nanoparticle films in H2O and D2O and investigated using in situ ATR-IR spectroscopic techniques...
- Immobilization and surface characterization of NeutrAvidin biotin-binding protein on different hydrogel interlayersPatrick Vermette
CSIRO Molecular Science, Bag 10, Clayton South, Victoria 3169, Australia
J Colloid Interface Sci 259:13-26. 2003For a number of potential applications, it is desirable to immobilize avidin class molecules onto solid supports and exploit their ability to bind biotinylated molecules with high affinity...
- Ultra sensitive affinity chromatography on avidin-functionalized PMMA microchip for low abundant post-translational modified protein enrichmentHui Xia
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, LA, USA
Biomed Microdevices 14:67-81. 2012..In this paper, we report a novel and sensitive affinity chromatography on the avidin-functionalized poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) microchip for enrichment of nanogram (ng) amount of PTMs...
- Assembling of G-strands into novel tetra-molecular parallel G4-DNA nanostructures using avidin-biotin recognitionNatalia Borovok
Department of Biochemistry, George S Wise Faculty of Life Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, 69978
Nucleic Acids Res 36:5050-60. 2008..To enable a tetra-molecular assembly of the G-strands we developed a novel approach based on avidin-biotin biological recognition...
- Delivery of NADPH-cytochrome P450 reductase antisense oligos using avidin-biotin approachVenkateswaran C Pillai
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 1300 Coulter, Amarillo, Texas 79106, USA
Bioconjug Chem 21:203-7. 2010Although avidin-mediated intracellular delivery of oligonucleotides or proteins has been shown before, the efficacy studies are lacking...
- Application of the avidin-biotin interaction to immobilize DNA in the development of electrochemical impedance genosensorsA Bonanni
Sensors and Biosensors Group, Department of Chemistry, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Edifici Cn, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:851-61. 2007..In this work, an avidin bulk-modified graphite-epoxy biocomposite (Av-GEB) was employed to immobilize biotinylated oligonucleotides as ..
- Electrostatic polarization makes a substantial contribution to the free energy of avidin-biotin bindingYan Tong
Institute of Theoretical and Computational Science, East China Normal University, Shanghai 200062, China
J Am Chem Soc 132:5137-42. 2010b>Avidin-biotin is one of the strongest protein-ligand binding systems, with broad applications in biomedical science...
- Active targeting behaviors of biotinylated pluronic/poly(lactic acid) nanoparticles in vitro through three-step biotin-avidin interactionXiang Yuan Xiong
School of Life Science, Jiangxi Science and Technology Normal University, Nanchang, PR China
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 22:1607-19. 2011..properties of B-F87-PLA and B-P85-PLA nanoparticles in vitro were investigated through a three-step biotin-avidin interaction by 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyl tetrazolium bromide (MTT) tests and fluorescence ..
- An SPR immunosensor for human cardiac troponin T using specific binding avidin to biotin at carboxymethyldextran-modified gold chipRosa Fireman Dutra
Departamento de Patologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade de Pernambuco, Recife, Brasil, Rua Arnóbio Marques, 310, Santo Amaro, 50100 130 Recife, PE, Brazil
Clin Chim Acta 376:114-20. 2007..Surface plasmon resonance (SPR) immunosensor was developed for the quick detection of human cTnT in real time...
- Single and multiple bonds in (strept)avidin-biotin interactionsJean Marie Teulon
CEA, IBEB, Service de Biochimie et Toxicologie Nucléaire, F 30207 Bagnols sur Ceze, France
J Mol Recognit 24:490-502. 2011..We have chosen the well-known system, (strept)avidin-biotin complex, as an experimental model due to the lack of consensus on interpretations of the rupture force ..
- Radioimmunotherapy: is avidin-biotin pretargeting the preferred choice among pretargeting methods?David M Goldenberg
Center for Molecular Medicine and Immunology, Garden State Cancer Center, 520 Belleville Avenue, NJ 07109 0023, Belleville, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:777-80. 2003
- Hidden variety of biotin-streptavidin/avidin local interactions revealed by site-selective dynamic force spectroscopyAtsushi Taninaka
Institute of Applied Physics, CREST JST, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:12578-83. 2010..between the local structures of amino acid residues at the middle sites, SER45 and THR35 for streptavidin and avidin, respectively, strongly affects the microscopic reaction processes, i.e...
- Chimeric avidin shows stability against harsh chemical conditions--biochemical analysis and 3D structureJuha A E Määttä
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Biotechnol Bioeng 108:481-90. 2011b>Avidin and its bacterial analog streptavidin have been widely used in applications in life sciences...
- CD16/32-specific biotinylated 2.4G2 single-chain Fv complexed with avidin-FITC enhances FITC-specific humoral immune response in vivo in a CD16-dependent mannerAdrienn Angyal
Department of Immunology, Eotvos Lorand University, 1117 Budapest, Hungary
Int Immunol 22:71-80. 2010..4G2, linked to avidin-FITC, and tested its effect on the FITC-hapten-specific T-independent type 2 (TI-2) and T-dependent (TD) immune ..
- Hexon-specific PEGylated adenovirus vectors utilizing avidin-biotin interactionEmi Suzuki-Kouyama
Laboratory of Gene Transfer and Regulation, National Institute of Biomedical Innovation, Osaka, Japan
Biomaterials 32:1724-30. 2011..hexon, which is not involved in the binding to CAR, and PEG was then specifically conjugated to the hexon HVR5 via avidin-biotin interaction...
- Chicken avidin exhibits pseudo-catalytic properties. Biochemical, structural, and electrostatic consequencesT Huberman
Department of Biological Chemistry, The Institute of Life Sciences, Wolfson Centre for Applied Structural Biology, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Givat Ram, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
J Biol Chem 276:32031-9. 2001b>Avidin and its bacterial analogue streptavidin exhibit similarly high affinities toward the vitamin biotin. The extremely high affinity of these two proteins has been utilized as a powerful tool in many biotechnological applications...
- Lectin precipitation using phytohemagglutinin-L(4) coupled to avidin-agarose for serological biomarker discovery in colorectal cancerYong Sam Kim
Daejeon KRIBB FHCRC Research Cooperation Center, KRIBB, 111 Gwahangno, Yuseong Gu, Deajeon, Korea
Proteomics 8:3229-35. 2008..serum proteins were subjected to immunodepletion, alkylation, and lectin precipitation using L-PHA coupled to avidin-agarose bead complexes, and tryptic digestion...
- DNA family shuffling within the chicken avidin protein family - A shortcut to more powerful protein toolsBarbara Niederhauser
Institute of Biomedical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
J Biotechnol 157:38-49. 2012..In this study, we show that it is possible to create functional chimeric proteins from the avidin protein family when applying DNA family shuffling to the genes of the avidin protein family: avidin, avidin ..
- Fluorescent avidin-bound silver particle: a strategy for single target molecule detection on a cell membraneJian Zhang
Center for Fluorescence Spectroscopy, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 725 West Lombard Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Anal Chem 81:883-9. 2009Cy5-avidin conjugate-bound silver nanoparticles were prepared as a fluorescence molecular reagent for the cell imaging...
- Tumor targeting and imaging of intraperitoneal tumors by use of antisense oligo-DNA complexed with dendrimers and/or avidin in miceN Sato
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging, Kyoto University, 54 Kawaharacho, Shogoin, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8507, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 7:3606-12. 2001..111)In-oligo/G4-Bt and (111)In-oligo-Bt were conjugated to avidin ((111)In-oligo/G4-Av and (111)In-oligo-Av, respectively)...
- Radiosynthesis, biodistribution and micro-SPECT imaging study of dendrimer-avidin conjugateXiaoping Xu
Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Bioorg Med Chem 19:1643-8. 2011..minepentaacetic acid (1B4M-DTPA), respectively to form the complex Bt-G5-Ac-1B4M which was further conjugated with avidin to give the conjugate Av-G5-Ac-1B4M...
- The AviD-tag, a NeutrAvidin/avidin specific peptide affinity tag for the immobilization and purification of recombinant proteinsThomas Gaj
Department of Chemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Protein Expr Purif 56:54-61. 2007..we discovered a phage-display selected cyclic peptide motif that was shown to bind selectively to NeutrAvidin and avidin but not to the structurally similar streptavidin...
- Layer-by-layer construction of protein architectures through avidin-biotin and lectin-sugar interactions for biosensor applicationsShigehiro Takahashi
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Anal Bioanal Chem 402:1749-58. 2012..the preparation and properties of protein architectures constructed by layer-by-layer (LbL) deposition through avidin-biotin and concanavalin A (Con A)-sugar interactions are discussed in relation to their use for optical and ..
- Impedimetric immunosensor using avidin-biotin for antibody immobilizationO Ouerghi
Ingénierie et Fonctionnalisation des Surfaces, UMR CNRS 5621, Ecole Centrale de Lyon, BP 163, F 69131 Ecully cedex, France
Bioelectrochemistry 56:131-3. 2002..IgG), used as a model system, was attached to free biotin groups on the electrogenerated polypyrrole film using avidin as a coupling reagent. This immobilization method allows to obtain a highly reproducible and stable device...
- Rapid hepatic cell attachment onto biodegradable polymer surfaces without toxicity using an avidin-biotin binding systemNobuhiko Kojima
Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Komaba, Meguro ku, Tokyo 153 8505 Japan
Biomaterials 27:4904-10. 2006..In this article, we demonstrate the efficiency of avidin-biotin binding systems (ABBS) for the initial attachment of biotinylated Hep G2 cells to avidin adsorbed flat, two-..
- Application of avidin-biotin technology and adsorptive transfer stripping square-wave voltammetry for detection of DNA hybridization and avidin in transgenic avidin maizeMichal Masarik
Institute of Biophysics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Kralovopolska 135, CZ 612 65 Brno, Czech Republic
Anal Chem 75:2663-9. 2003The proteins streptavidin and avidin were electrochemically detected in solution by adsorptive transfer stripping square wave voltammetry (AdTS SWV) at a carbon paste electrode (CPE)...
- Application of biotin-4-fluorescein in homogeneous fluorescence assays for avidin, streptavidin, and biotin or biotin derivativesAndreas Ebner
University of Linz, Linz, Austria
Methods Mol Biol 418:73-88. 2008Biotin-4-fluorescein (B4F) is a convenient molecular probe for (strept)avidin and for unlabeled biotin in homogeneous fluorescence assays...
- RGD-avidin-biotin pretargeting to alpha v beta 3 integrin enhances the proapoptotic activity of TNF alpha related apoptosis inducing ligand (TRAIL)Marc Tarrus
Department of Pharmacokinetics and Drug Delivery, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, Groningen, The Netherlands
Apoptosis 13:225-35. 2008..For this purpose, we developed TRAIL complexes that bind to angiogenic endothelial cells. We employed an avidin-biotin pretargeting approach, in which biotinylated TRAIL interacted with RGD-equipped avidin...
- Effects of an avidin-biotin binding system on chondrocyte adhesion and growth on biodegradable polymersWei Bor Tsai
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University, No 1, Roosevelt Road, Sec 4, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Macromol Biosci 5:214-21. 2005..In this study, we applied an avidin-biotin binding system to enhance chondrocyte adhesion to biodegradable polymers...
- Construction of chimeric dual-chain avidin by tandem fusion of the related avidinsTiina A Riihimäki
Institute of Biomedical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
PLoS ONE 6:e20535. 2011b>Avidin is a chicken egg-white protein with high affinity to vitamin H, also known as D-biotin. Many applications in life science research are based on this strong interaction...
- Targeting of biotinylated compounds to its target tissue using a low-density lipoprotein receptor-avidin fusion proteinP Lehtolainen
A I Virtanen Institute, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Gene Ther 10:2090-7. 2003The very high binding affinity of avidin to biotin is one of the highest to occur in nature...
- An analysis of avidin, biotin and their interaction at attomole levels by voltammetric and chromatographic techniquesRene Kizek
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Mendel University of Agriculture and Forestry, Zemedelska 1, 613 00, Brno, Czech Republic
Anal Bioanal Chem 381:1167-78. 2005The electroanalytical determination of avidin in solution, in a carbon paste, and in a transgenic maize extract was performed in acidic medium at a carbon paste electrode (CPE)...
- Biotin-avidin as a protease-responsive cap system for controlled guest release from colloidal mesoporous silicaAxel Schlossbauer
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Center for NanoScience CeNS, University of Munich LMU, Butenandtstrasse 11 E, 81377 Munich, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 48:3092-5. 2009Tell your guests when it's time to go: When avidin caps are attached to biotinylated colloidal mesoporous silica, the four subunits of the protein avidin can each bind to a biotin moiety attached to the surface (see picture)...
- Avidin and streptavidin in clinical diagnosticsH Schetters
Roche Diagnostics GmbH, Labsystems R and D, Rare Reagents, Penzberg, Germany
Biomol Eng 16:73-8. 1999..The turn around time for standard clinical immunological tests was reduced to 10-20 min from 2-4 h in old assays...
- Theoretical and experimental studies of biotin analogues that bind almost as tightly to streptavidin as biotinRichard W Dixon
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
J Org Chem 67:1827-37. 2002..to the CO(2)(-) group, might be changed to a larger group and lead to better binding with streptavidin and avidin. Free energy calculations supported this suggestion and predicted that the methyl analogue should bind ..
- Biochemical and biological characterization of a new oxidized avidin with enhanced tissue binding propertiesAntonio Verdoliva
Research and Development Department, Tecnogen SpA, Piana di Monte Verna, 81013 Caserta, Italy
J Biol Chem 285:9090-9. 2010Chicken avidin and bacterial streptavidin are widely employed in vitro for their capacity to bind biotin, but their pharmacokinetics and immunological properties are not always optimal, thereby limiting their use in medical treatments...
- Contributions to the binding free energy of ligands to avidin and streptavidinThemis Lazaridis
Department of Chemistry, City College of the City University of New York, New York, New York 10031, USA
Proteins 47:194-208. 2002..solvation are used to evaluate these contributions in the binding of biotin, biotin analogs, and two peptides to avidin and streptavidin...
- OXavidin for tissue targeting biotinylated therapeuticsRita De Santis
Immunology Department, Sigma Tau SpA R and D, Pomezia, 00040 Rome, Italy
J Biomed Biotechnol 2009:921434. 2009b>Avidin is a glycoprotein from hen egg white that binds biotin with very high affinity. Here we describe OXavidin, a product containing aldehyde groups, obtained by ligand-assisted sugar oxidation of avidin by sodium periodate...
- Biotinylated transferrin/avidin/biotinylated disulfide containing PEI bioconjugates mediated p53 gene delivery system for tumor targeted transfectionXuan Zeng
Key Laboratory of Biomedical Polymers of Ministry of Education and Department of Chemistry, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, PR China
Biomaterials 31:4771-80. 2010..In this paper, biotinylated transferrin/avidin/biotinylated disulfide containing PEI bioconjugates (TABP-SS) mediated p53 gene delivery system was formed ..
- An anti-transferrin receptor-avidin fusion protein exhibits both strong proapoptotic activity and the ability to deliver various molecules into cancer cellsPatrick P Ng
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics and Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1489, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:10706-11. 2002..It consists of avidin genetically fused to the C(H)3 region of a human IgG3 specific for the rat transferrin receptor...
- Avidin plate assay system for enzymatic characterization of a histone lysine methyltransferaseHumaira Gowher
School of Engineering and Science, International University Bremen, Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Anal Biochem 342:287-91. 2005..The microplate biotin/avidin peptide methylation assay developed here is convenient, very accurate, reproducible, and inexpensive...
- AvidinOX for highly efficient tissue-pretargeted radionuclide therapyRita De Santis
Department of Immunology, Sigma Tau SpA R and D, Rome, Italy
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 25:143-8. 2010b>Avidin is widely used in vitro for its capacity to bind biotin. However, avidin's in vivo use is limited by its short residence in blood and tissues. An avidin variant, named AvidinOX, has been recently described...
- Distribution and residual activity of two insecticidal proteins, avidin and aprotinin, expressed in transgenic tobacco plants, in the bodies and frass of Spodoptera litura larvae following feedingJohn T Christeller
The Horticulture and Food Research Institute of New Zealand Limited, Palmerston North Research Centre, Private Bag 11030, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Insect Physiol 51:1117-26. 2005..Lepidoptera, Noctuidae) larvae were fed on tobacco leaves expressing either the biotin-binding protein, avidin, or the protease inhibitor, aprotinin. Control larvae received non-transgenic tobacco...
- Mutation of the important Tyr-33 residue of chicken avidin: functional and structural consequencesAri T Marttila
Department of Biological and Environmental Science, FIN 40014 University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Biochem J 369:249-54. 2003The strong interaction between avidin and biotin is so tight (dissociation constant 10(-15) M) that conditions usually sufficient for protein denaturing fail to dislodge biotin from the avidin-biotin complex...
- Reversibility of biotin-binding by selective modification of tyrosine in avidinE Morag
Department of Membrane Research and Biophysics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Biochem J 316:193-9. 1996The tight interaction between the vitamin biotin and the protein avidin is so strong (Ka approximately 10(15) M-1) that conditions which are usually sufficient for protein denaturation fail to dissociate the avidin-biotin complex...
- Anomalous fluorescence enhancement of Cy3 and cy3.5 versus anomalous fluorescence loss of Cy5 and Cy7 upon covalent linking to IgG and noncovalent binding to avidinH J Gruber
Institute of Biophysics and Institute of Chemistry, J Kepler University, Altenberger Strasse 69, A 4040 Linz, Austria
Bioconjug Chem 11:696-704. 2000..The fluorescence properties of these biotin-Cy dye conjugates were examined at all ligand/(strept)avidin ratios (0 </= n </= 4)...
- Dual-affinity avidin moleculesVesa P Hytönen
Nanoscience Center, Department of Biological and Environmental Science, University of Jyvaskyla, Jyvaskyla, Finland
Proteins 61:597-607. 2005A recently reported dual-chain avidin was modified further to contain two distinct, independent types of ligand-binding sites within a single polypeptide chain...
- Construction of a dual chain pseudotetrameric chicken avidin by combining two circularly permuted avidinsHenri R Nordlund
NanoScience Center NSC, Department of Biological and Environmental Science, P O Box 35, FIN 40014 University of Jyväskylä, Finland
J Biol Chem 279:36715-9. 2004Two distinct circularly permuted forms of chicken avidin were designed with the aim of constructing a fusion avidin containing two biotin-binding sites in one polypeptide...
- Tetravalent single-chain avidin: from subunits to protein domains via circularly permuted avidinsHenri R Nordlund
Department of Biological and Environmental Science, Nanoscience Center, P O Box 35 YAB, FIN 40014 University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Biochem J 392:485-91. 2005scAvd (single-chain avidin, where two dcAvd are joined in a single polypeptide chain), having four biotin-binding domains, was constructed by fusion of topologically modified avidin units...
- Magnetic resonance imaging visualization of targeted cells by the internalization of supramolecular adducts formed between avidin and biotinylated Gd3+ chelatesSimonetta Geninatti Crich
Department of Chimica I F M, Universita di Torino, Via P Giuria 7, Turin 10125, Italy
J Biol Inorg Chem 10:78-86. 2005The high binding affinity between avidin and biotin has been exploited to develop a procedure for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) visualization of target cells...
- Molecular events contributing to cell death in malignant human hematopoietic cells elicited by an IgG3-avidin fusion protein targeting the transferrin receptorPatrick P Ng
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of California Los Angeles, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1782, USA
Blood 108:2745-54. 2006We have previously reported that an anti-human transferrin receptor IgG3-avidin fusion protein (anti-hTfR IgG3-Av) inhibits the proliferation of an erythroleukemia-cell line...
- Conjugation of an anti transferrin receptor IgG3-avidin fusion protein with biotinylated saporin results in significant enhancement of its cytotoxicity against malignant hematopoietic cellsTracy R Daniels
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1782, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:2995-3008. 2007..protein composed of a mouse/human chimeric IgG3 specific for the human transferrin receptor genetically fused to avidin (anti-hTfR IgG3-Av) as a universal delivery system for cancer therapy...
- Compositional and structural heterogeneity of avidin glycopeptidesR C Bruch
Biochemistry 21:5334-41. 1982
- Localization of single avidin-biotin interactions using simultaneous topography and molecular recognition imagingAndreas Ebner
Institute of Biophysics, University of Linz, 4040 Linz, Austria
Chemphyschem 6:897-900. 2005
- Biotin-avidin binding kinetics measured by single-molecule imagingJoshua R Wayment
Department of Chemistry, University of Utah, 315 South 1400 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 0850, USA
Anal Chem 81:336-42. 2009The high affinity of avidin for biotin has made it useful for many bioanalytical applications involving the immobilization of proteins, vesicles, and other biomolecules to surfaces...
- Enhanced gene delivery by avidin-displaying baculovirusJani K Raty
A I Virtanen Institute, Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, FIN 70120 Kuopio, Finland
Mol Ther 9:282-91. 2004..A useful approach could be based on a high-affinity receptor-ligand pair, such as avidin and biotin. In this study, we have constructed an avidin-displaying baculovirus, Baavi...
- Disintegration of layer-by-layer assemblies composed of 2-iminobiotin-labeled poly(ethyleneimine) and avidinHiroyuki Inoue
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Biomacromolecules 6:27-9. 2005A layer-by-layer thin film composed of avidin and 2-iminobiotin-labeled poly(ethyleneimine) (ib-PEI) was prepared and their sensitivity to the environmental pH and biotin was studied...
- Micropatterned avidin arrays on silicon substrates via photolithography, self-assembly and bioconjugationTimothy L Vail
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, P O Box 5698, Flagstaff, AZ 86011 5698, USA
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 43:85-91. 2006..Carboxylates were used to couple a form of avidin to create a microarray of protein. This microarray was successfully probed with biotinylated quantum dots...
- Antibody-mediated targeting of siRNA via the human insulin receptor using avidin-biotin technologyChun Fang Xia
Department of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Mol Pharm 6:747-51. 2009..cells in culture, and in vivo, is possible with combined use of a receptor-specific monoclonal antibody (mAb) and avidin-biotin technology...
- Novel avidin-like protein from a root nodule symbiotic bacterium, Bradyrhizobium japonicumHenri R Nordlund
Department of Biological and Environmental Science, Nanoscience Center, P O Box 35 YAB, FIN 40014 University of Jyväskylä, Finland
J Biol Chem 280:13250-5. 2005..These bacteria have a gene encoding a putative avidin- and streptavidin-like protein, which bears an amino acid sequence identity of only about 30% over the core ..
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF MELANOMADaniel Vlock; Fiscal Year: 1991..The distribution of the antibodies will be examined immunohistologically by avidin-biotin staining against a number of normal and neoplastic lesion...
- Antibody-mediated Gene Therapy for the Treatment of CancerTracy Daniels; Fiscal Year: 2009..Therefore, the first level of my targeted strategy will occur through the use of a mouse/human chimeric antibody-avidin fusion protein specific for the transferrin receptor (TfR)...
- Antibody-mediated Gene Therapy for the Treatment of CancerTRACY RUTH DANIELS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, the first level of my targeted strategy will occur through the use of a mouse/human chimeric antibody-avidin fusion protein specific for the transferrin receptor (TfR)...
- MOLECULAR NEUROTOXICOLOGY OF ORGANOTIN COMPOUNDSMELVIN BILLINGSLEY; Fiscal Year: 1990..By using a combination of avidin/biotin subtractive hybridization and molecular cloning, we have isolated two cDNAs, named p9Tl9 and p9TlO, which ..
- Broad Spectrum Antidotes against Superantigen ToxinsSURENDRA K DHEER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The biotinylated c-peptides were mixed with avidin at a 4:1 ratio to facilitate formation of the tetrameric c- peptides...
- Role of electrophilic/redox active quinoids in estrogen carcinogenesisJudy L Bolton; Fiscal Year: 2010..The targeted proteins will be isolated using avidin affinity chromatography, separated by 2D electrophoresis, digested, and analyzed by MALDI-TOF and LC-MS-MS. 3...
- Role of electrophilic/redox active quinoids in estrogen carcinogenesisJUDY BOLTON; Fiscal Year: 2007..The targeted proteins will be isolated using avidin affinity chromatography, separated by 2D electrophoresis, digested, and analyzed by MALDI-TOF and LC-MS-MS. 3...
- Role of electrophilic/redox active quinoids in estrogen carcinogenesisJUDY BOLTON; Fiscal Year: 2009..The targeted proteins will be isolated using avidin affinity chromatography, separated by 2D electrophoresis, digested, and analyzed by MALDI-TOF and LC-MS-MS. 3...
- STAPHYLOCOCCAL HYPERSENSITIVITY LESIONS OF THE CORNEABartly Mondino; Fiscal Year: 1990..phlyctenules or catarrhal infiltrates and rabbit lids with blepharitis using the sensitive immunohistochemical avidin-biotin immunoperoxidase technique. 3. Use of ELISA to measure antibody levels to RTA in the case of S...
- CORE--Imaging and microscopyJi Yong Kim; Fiscal Year: 2002..Detailed protocols for immunohistochemical (both fluorescence and avidin-biotin complex (ABC) staining) and in situ hybridization histochemical techniques will be available for those who ..
- COLLAGENS OF HYALINE CARTILAGERichard Mayne; Fiscal Year: 1990..For high resolution EM immunolocalization, avidin-colloidal gold will be used with biotinylated antibodies...
- FLUORESCENT GENE MAPPING AT INTERPHASE & METAPHASEJeanne Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 1991..of single-copy genes or transcripts within interphase nuclei utilizing biotinated probes detected by fluorescein-avidin. This method provides significant advantages in resolution, speed and convenience for metaphase chromosome mapping ..
- BIOSPECIFIC POLYMER ENZYME CONJUGATES FOR DRUG DELIVERYGLEN KWON; Fiscal Year: 2001..fractionating in terms of number of attached biotinylated PEG on CPA using an immobilized monomeric avidin. A biotin moiety may tether an antibody in conjunction with biotin and streptavidin...
- BIOSPECIFIC POLYMER ENZYME CONJUGATES FOR DRUG DELIVERYGLEN KWON; Fiscal Year: 2002..fractionating in terms of number of attached biotinylated PEG on CPA using an immobilized monomeric avidin. A biotin moiety may tether an antibody in conjunction with biotin and streptavidin...
- BIOSPECIFIC POLYMER ENZYME CONJUGATES FOR DRUG DELIVERYGLEN KWON; Fiscal Year: 2003..fractionating in terms of number of attached biotinylated PEG on CPA using an immobilized monomeric avidin. A biotin moiety may tether an antibody in conjunction with biotin and streptavidin...
- FLUORESCENT GENE MAPPING AT INTERPHASE & METAPHASEJeanne Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 1993..of single-copy genes or transcripts within interphase nuclei utilizing biotinated probes detected by fluorescein-avidin. This method provides significant advantages in resolution, speed and convenience for metaphase chromosome mapping ..
- BIOSPECIFIC POLYMER ENZYME CONJUGATES FOR DRUG DELIVERYGLEN KWON; Fiscal Year: 2004
- VASOTOCIN RECEPTORSPATRICK EGGENA; Fiscal Year: 1990..sucrose- density gradient centrifugation, affinity chromatography with a biotinyl derivative of AVT linked to an avidin column, and photoaffinity labeling of receptors with radio-active AVT analogues followed by SDS-PAGE...
- STRUCTURE OF THE GABA A RECEPTOR BINDING SITESCynthia Czajkowski; Fiscal Year: 2003..detection of a modified cysteine can be accomplished by using the SH- reagent, MTSEA-Biotin, in combination with avidin-bead precipitation and Western blotting techniques...
- STRUCTURE OF THE GABA A RECEPTOR BINDING SITESCynthia Czajkowski; Fiscal Year: 2001..detection of a modified cysteine can be accomplished by using the SH- reagent, MTSEA-Biotin, in combination with avidin-bead precipitation and Western blotting techniques...
- STRUCTURE OF THE GABA A RECEPTOR BINDING SITESCynthia Czajkowski; Fiscal Year: 2002..detection of a modified cysteine can be accomplished by using the SH- reagent, MTSEA-Biotin, in combination with avidin-bead precipitation and Western blotting techniques...
- STRUCTURE OF THE GABA A RECEPTOR BINDING SITESCynthia Czajkowski; Fiscal Year: 2001
- STRUCTURE OF THE GABA A RECEPTOR BINDING SITESCynthia Czajkowski; Fiscal Year: 2000
- STRUCTURE OF THE GABA A RECEPTOR BINDING SITESCynthia Czajkowski; Fiscal Year: 2000
- LATENCY AND LEUKOMOGENICITY OF BOVINE LEUKEMIA VIRUSGary Cockerell; Fiscal Year: 1990..An avidin-biotin complex immunocytochemical technique will be used to determine the number of BLV gp51 antigen- positive ..
- REPAIR OF HAIR BUNDLES IN SEA ANEMONESGLEN WATSON; Fiscal Year: 1999..Provided such proteins retain biological activity, they will be used in combination with avidin-fluorochromes or with avidin-colloidal gold to localize binding sites for repair proteins on the anemone at the ..
- INDICES OF BIOTIN NUTRITIONDonald Mock; Fiscal Year: 1993..specific aim will test the hypothesis that the urinary excretion of biotin, measured by a chemically specific HPLC/avidin-binding assay for biotin and its analogs, will decrease to abnormally low values during frank deficiency in an ..
- Carcinogenic Metabolites Formed from AntiestrogenJUDY BOLTON; Fiscal Year: 2009..The targeted proteins will be isolated using avidin affinity chromatography, separated by 2D electrophoresis, digested, and analyzed by MALDI-TOF and LC-MS-MS...
- Carcinogenic Metabolites Formed from AntiestrogenJudy L Bolton; Fiscal Year: 2010..The targeted proteins will be isolated using avidin affinity chromatography, separated by 2D electrophoresis, digested, and analyzed by MALDI-TOF and LC-MS-MS...
- ROLE OF NEUROTROPHINS IN THE HIPPOCAMPUSFERNETTE EIDE; Fiscal Year: 1992..We will use antibodies raised against high- conserved, hydrophilic domains of the trk proteins and standard avidin- biotin immunohistochemistry in order to visualize neurons expressing trk receptors...
- HEMOGLOBIN AND MYOGLOBIN KINETIC STUDIESLAWRENCE PARKHURST; Fiscal Year: 1991..3) The kinetics of biotinylated probes, protein and nucleotides binding to avidin will be measured by fluorescence anisotropy stopped-flow...
- ENHANCING ACTIVITY OF ALKYLATING AGENTS IN NEUROBLASTOMACharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 1999..recycling assay, ROS by carboxy-DCFDA flow cytometry, ROS-induced 8-oxodeoxyguanosine DNA damage by avidin binding technique, DAN single strand breaks and interstrand crosslinking by alkaline elution, p3/p21 levels by ..
- BIOTIN REQUIREMENTS OF INFANTSDonald Mock; Fiscal Year: 1990..A more sensitive, chemically specific biotin assay based on 125I-avidin and HPLC has been developed that would allow measurement of plasma biotin and urinary excretion of biotin and ..
- ENHANCING ACTIVITY OF ALKYLATING AGENTS IN NEUROBLASTOMACharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2001..recycling assay, ROS by carboxy-DCFDA flow cytometry, ROS-induced 8-oxodeoxyguanosine DNA damage by avidin binding technique, DAN single strand breaks and interstrand crosslinking by alkaline elution, p3/p21 levels by ..
- AIDS DRUG DELIVERY THROUGH THE BLOOD-BRAIN BARRIERWilliam Pardridge; Fiscal Year: 1992..oligonucleotide will be coupled to an antitransferrin receptor monoclonal antibody transport vector through an avidin/biotin linkage...
- ENHANCING ACTIVITY OF ALKYLATING AGENTS IN NEUROBLASTOMACharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2000..recycling assay, ROS by carboxy-DCFDA flow cytometry, ROS-induced 8-oxodeoxyguanosine DNA damage by avidin binding technique, DAN single strand breaks and interstrand crosslinking by alkaline elution, p3/p21 levels by ..
- MECHANISMS OF MICROCYSTIN-LR HEPATOTOXICITYVal Beasley; Fiscal Year: 1991..e., initially the plasma membrane). Staphylococcus aureus protein A avidin biotin complex (or Streptococcus protein G) will be bound to colloidal gold to detect the antibody binding sites ..
- MECHANISMS OF MICROCYSTIN-LR HEPATOTOXICITYVal Beasley; Fiscal Year: 1993..e., initially the plasma membrane). Staphylococcus aureus protein A avidin biotin complex (or Streptococcus protein G) will be bound to colloidal gold to detect the antibody binding sites ..
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF SCHISTOSOME-MOLLUSK INTERACTIONSTIMOTHY YOSHINO; Fiscal Year: 1993..Surface polypeptides from S and R strain hemocytes will be labeled using a highly sensitive biotin-avidin system and subjected to SDS-PAGE analyses to compare the occurrence of individual surface polypeptides on cells of ..
- STRUCTURE AND INTERACTIONS OF MODEL BIOMEMBRANESJacob Israelachvili; Fiscal Year: 1992..single-tailed vs double-tailed lipids, osmotically swollen bilayers, ligand-receptor interactions such as Avidin/Biotin, and the protein-lipid interactions occuring in the fusogenic protein Synexin and in the lung surfactant ..
- STRUCTURE AND INTERACTIONS OF MODEL BIOMEMBRANESJacob Israelachvili; Fiscal Year: 1993..single-tailed vs double-tailed lipids, osmotically swollen bilayers, ligand-receptor interactions such as Avidin/Biotin, and the protein-lipid interactions occuring in the fusogenic protein Synexin and in the lung surfactant ..
- SERUM PROTEIN BINDING THE HN AUTOANTIGENJOHN KANALAS; Fiscal Year: 1990..proteins will be analyzed for binding both in vivo and in vitro by iodination of the proteins or by detection with avidin- biotin or colloidal gold antibodies for immunofluorescence and electron microscopy...
- PHOSPHOINOSITIDES IN NORMAL AND ABNORMAL HUMAN RED CELLSGeorge Dale; Fiscal Year: 1991..The reinfusion of the derivatized cells and their eventual recovery, after in vivo aging, by attachment to an avidin support...
- AVIDIN-BIOTIN TECHNOLOGY FOR HORMONE RECEPTOR ISOLATIONKlaus Hofmann; Fiscal Year: 1990..If successful, we shall attempt to isolate the solubilized receptor by avidin-biotin technology...
- ASSAY FOR PNEUMOCYSTOSIS IN IMMUNODEFICIENT HOSTSDON GRAVES; Fiscal Year: 1990..Dot blot and in situ hybridization and the avidin-biotin complex immunoperoxidase techniques will be used...