single tooth dental implants
Summary: Devices, usually alloplastic, surgically inserted into or onto the jawbone, which support a single prosthetic tooth and serve either as abutments or as cosmetic replacements for missing teeth.
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- A 3-year prospective clinical and radiologic analysis of early loaded maxillary dental implants supporting single-tooth crownsIlser Turkyilmaz
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Prosthodont 19:389-90. 2006..The results of this study indicate that 6-week early loading of TiUnite surface implants in the maxilla was reliable and predictable for this patient population and may offer an alternative to the standard loading protocol...
- Single-tooth replacement of a maxillary central incisor via immediate implant placementChristopher D Ramsey
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 19:355-7. 2007
- Clinical considerations for enhancing the success of implant-supported restorations in the aesthetic zone with delayed implant placementAriel J Raigrodski
Department of Prosthodontics, Box 222, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, 1100 Florida Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 14:21-8; quiz 30. 2002....
- Maxillary anterior esthetic extractions with delayed single-stage implant placementDavid Anson
Compend Contin Educ Dent 23:829-30, 833-6, 838 passim; quiz 848. 2002..This article describes a technique for esthetic extraction, as well as delayed esthetic single-stage implant placement, in the maxillary anterior sextant...
- Multiple single-tooth implant restorations in the posterior jaws: maintenance of marginal bone levels with reference to the implant-abutment microgapMichael R Norton
Department of Surgical Sciences, Marquette University Dental School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 21:777-84. 2006..The purpose of this study was to measure marginal bone loss from the implant-abutment microgap to the bone crest between multiple freestanding implants functionally loaded for up to 7.5 years in the posterior jaws...
- Biomechanical study of a prosthetic solution based on an angled abutment: case of upper lateral incisorG Dubois
Laboratory of Physics and Mechanics of Materials, Ecole Nationale d Ingénieurs de Metz, Ile du Saulcy, 57045 Metz Cedex, France
Med Eng Phys 29:989-98. 2007..The evolution of bone properties around implant was then simulated as a function of time to estimate the maximal load that could be supported by the prosthetic solution without bone damage...
- Preservation of soft tissue contours with immediate screw-retained provisional implant crownSaad A Al-Harbi
Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, Retal Clinic, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
J Prosthet Dent 98:329-32. 2007..This article describes the fabrication of a screw-retained immediate provisional restoration that fulfills anatomic, biologic, and esthetic requirements...
- Single implant-supported restorations in the anterior maxillaJuan Blanco Carrión
Faculty of Odontology, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 25:149-55. 2005....
- A 5-year prospective study of single-tooth replacements supported by the Astra Tech implant: a pilot studyKlaus Gotfredsen
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Royal Dental School, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 6:1-8. 2004..Therefore, long-term validation of different treatment modalities with different implant systems is of great importance...
- Clinical assessment of primary stability of endosseous implants placed in the incisor region, using resonance frequency analysis methodology: an in vivo studyR Ramakrishna
Department of Prosthodontics and Implantology, Meenakshiammal Dental College, Chennai, India
Indian J Dent Res 18:168-72. 2007..To evaluate the effect of immediate loading on the primary stability of endosseous implants placed in the anterior incisor region by mapping the stability, using resonance frequency analysis, over a period of time...
- Guided bone regeneration at immediate implant insertion and loading: a case reportPaul A Fugazzotto
Implant Dent 13:223-7. 2004..Six-month reentry demonstrated regeneration of lostalveolar bone surrounding the implant and clinical implant immobility. Clinical ramifications of these findings are discussed...
- Treatment options for a congenitally missing lateral incisor: a case reportCarl E Misch
University of Michigan, USA
Dent Today 23:90, 92, 94-5; quiz 95. 2004
- Single tooth immediate provisional restoration of dental implants: technique and early resultsMichael Block
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Louisianna State University, School of Dentistry, New Orleans 70119, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 62:1131-8. 2004..Our hypothesis is that preoperative fabrication of the implant abutment and provisional restoration can provide successful immediate provisionalization of implants, if specific diagnostic criteria are used for patient selection...
- Three-year evaluation of single-tooth implants restored 3 weeks after 1-stage surgeryLyndon F Cooper
Department of Prosthodontics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7450, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 22:791-800. 2007..A secondary objective was to determine peri-implant tissue responses at these implants...
- Single-implant restorations: a contemporary approach for achieving a predictable outcomeAvishai Sadan
Department for the Practice of General Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, Case University, Cleveland, OH 44106 4905, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 62:73-81. 2004....
- A 4-year prospective clinical and radiological study of maxillary dental implants supporting single-tooth crowns using early and delayed loading protocolsIlser Turkyilmaz
Department of Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43218 2357, USA
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 9:222-7. 2007..However, there are only a few studies regarding the immediate/early loading of maxillary implants supporting single-tooth crowns...
- Functional and esthetic considerations for single-tooth Ankylos implant-crowns: 8 years of clinical performanceKatrin Döring
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Free University of Berlin, Assmanshauser Str 4 6, 14197 Berlin, Germany
J Oral Implantol 30:198-209. 2004..If there is a long interval between the loss of the natural tooth and the placement of the implant prosthetic replacement, this collapse tends to increase significantly...
- Interdisciplinary treatment of a severe maxillary aesthetic defect: a case reportAlan S Pollack
Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, Attending, New York Hospital, Weill Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 16:157-64; quiz 166. 2004..This presentation describes a treatment protocol for restoration of the anterior region following bone augmentation, implant placement, and prosthetic rehabilitation...
- Peri-implant tissue and radiographic bone levels in the immediately restored single-tooth implant: a retrospective analysisMarco Degidi
J Periodontol 79:252-9. 2008..The purpose of this study was to compare and evaluate bone and soft tissue levels in immediately restored single implants positioned in the esthetic anterior region...
- Immediate occlusal loading of Brånemark System TiUnite implants placed predominantly in soft bone: 4-year results of a prospective clinical studyRoland Glauser
Department for Fixed Prosthodontics and Dental Materials, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 7:S52-9. 2005..Immediate occlusal implant loading has been documented as a viable treatment option for various indications. However, most of the available studies reported on the short-term outcome of this treatment modality...
- Immediate loading of an implant following implant site development using forced eruption: a case reportYoung Seok Park
Department of Oral Anatomy, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 20:621-6. 2005..Subsequently, they placed an implant immediately after tooth extraction and immediately loaded it with a temporary resin restoration...
- Aesthetics in oral implantology: biological, clinical, surgical, and prosthetic aspectsGilberto Sammartino
University of Naples Federico II, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Odontostomatologic and Maxillo Facial Science, Naples, Italy
Implant Dent 16:54-65. 2007..Placement of immediate post-extraction implants without incisions or flap elevation is one of the surgical treatment options able to improve the healing and regenerative potentials of the fresh socket...
- Immediate restoration of single implants placed immediately after tooth extractionAntonio Barone
School of Dental Medicine, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
J Periodontol 77:1914-20. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the 12-month clinical success of 18 single-tooth implants inserted immediately after tooth extraction and restored the same day with non-functional loading...
- Immediately restored, single-tapered implants in the anterior maxilla: prosthodontic and aesthetic outcomes after 1 yearJames A G Hall
Oral Implantology Area of Research Strength, Department of Oral Rehabilitation, School of Dentistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 9:34-45. 2007..Conventional implant protocols advocate a two-stage technique with a load-free, submerged healing period. Recent studies suggest that immediate restoration of single implants may be a viable treatment option...
- Preservation of the gingival architecture with the scalloped implant design: a clinical reportAmir H Khatami
College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43218 2357, USA
J Oral Implantol 32:167-70. 2006..This clinical report describes the immediate provisional placement and prosthetic rehabilitation of 2 missing maxillary central incisors with scalloped dental implants...
- Immediate provisional restoration of postextraction implants for maxillary single-tooth replacementAlberto Ferrara
Sezione di Odontostomatologia, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Italy
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 26:371-7. 2006..Regular recalls were planned for the following 4 years. One implant did not integrate, and another became unstable secondary to facial trauma. Overall patient satisfaction and clinical and radiographic parameters were good...
- Interdisciplinary treatment planning for single-tooth restorations in the esthetic zonePiero Simeone
Private Practice, Rome, Italy
J Esthet Restor Dent 19:79-88; discussion 89. 2007..Finally, after having screwed the abutments on the implants, inducing a torque of 20 Ncm, the metal-ceramic restorations were cemented with temporary cement...
- Immediate loading versus immediate provisionalization of maxillary single-tooth replacements: a prospective randomized study with BioComp implantsJerome A Lindeboom
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Academic Medical Center and Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64:936-42. 2006....
- What's your choice: cement- or screw-retained implant restorations?Samuel M Strong
Gen Dent 56:15-8. 2008
- Use of a one-stage narrow-diameter implant to replace incisorsMichael S Wojcik
University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry, USA
J Mich Dent Assoc 88:42, 44-9. 2006
- Single-tooth restorative treatment using an immediate-loading CAD/CAM techniqueD Bonaudo
Centro Medico Odontoiatrico, Verolengo s a s, Torino, Italy
Int J Comput Dent 9:321-31. 2006..Definitive restoration of missing tooth 25 in a single visit by positioning a tapered, immediately loaded implant, a titanium/zirconia abutment, and an all-ceramic crown...
- Prosthetic treatment of maxillary lateral incisor agenesis with osseointegrated implants: a 24-39-month prospective clinical studyFernando Zarone
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 17:94-101. 2006..The present study aimed at evaluating the marginal bone resorption and the peri-implant tissue conditions around Narrow-Neck ITI implants in the implant-prosthetic treatment of the agenesis of maxillary lateral incisors...
- Single implants and buccal bone grafts in the anterior maxilla: measurements of buccal crestal contours in a 6-year prospective clinical studyTorsten Jemt
Chairman, Branemark Clinic, Public Dental Health Service, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 7:127-35. 2005..Patients provided with buccal bone grafts seem to lose a substantial part of the graft in the short term...
- Immediate implant placement and provisionalization using implants with an internal connectionPaulino Castellon
Department of Prosthodontics, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, 1100 Florida Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 16:35-43. 2004..Four cases are presented demonstrating the clinical versatility of an immediate implant system for predictable and aesthetic restoration of the posterior region...
- Immediate occlusal loading of implants placed in fresh sockets after tooth extractionRoberto Crespi
Department of Dentistry, Vita Salute University, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 22:955-62. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical and radiographic outcome of dental implants immediately placed and loaded into fresh extraction sockets after 18 months...
- Effects of immediate loading with threaded hydroxyapatite-coated root-form implants on single premolar replacements: a preliminary reportPeriklis Proussaefs
Graduate Program in Implant Dentistry, Loma Linda University, California 92350, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 17:567-72. 2002..This prospective study evaluated the immediate loading of single, threaded, root-form implants placed in the maxillary premolar area...
- Immediate restoration of an immediate single-tooth implantG F Clausen
Aust Dent J 47:178-81. 2002..The clinical procedures are described, and the specific indications which may permit this approach are presented...
- Restoring a smile with a dental implant: a case reportTimothy F Kosinski
University of Detroit, Mercy School of Dentistry, USA
J Mich Dent Assoc 84:30-3. 2002
- Long-term clinical effectiveness of oral implants in the treatment of partial edentulism. Seven-year life table analysis of a prospective study with ITI dental implants system used for single-tooth restorationsEugenio Romeo
Department of Medicine, Surgery and Odontostomatology, University of Milano, Milan, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 13:133-43. 2002....
- Single-tooth implant-supported restorations. Planning for an aesthetic and functional solutionM R Norton
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Charing Cross Hospital, London
Dent Update 28:170-5. 2001..Coupled with an appropriate approach to treatment planning and patient assessment, use of the single-tooth implant may be considered a highly predictable treatment solution...
- Objective criteria: guiding and evaluating dental implant estheticsLyndon F Cooper
Department of Prosthodontics, UNC School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 20:195-205. 2008
- Comparative clinical results after implant placement in the posterior maxilla with and without sinus augmentationAndreas Schlegel
Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Erlangen, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 23:289-98. 2008..The objective was to compare implants in the posterior maxilla with or without sinus floor augmentation...
- Immediate transmucosal implant placement in molar extraction sites: a 12-month prospective multicenter cohort studyC Cafiero
Department of Dental and Maxillofacial Sciences, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 19:476-82. 2008..To assess the clinical and radiographic outcomes of immediate transmucosal placement of implants into molar extraction sockets...
- A modified impression technique for accurate registration of peri-implant soft tissuesNikolai Attard
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Can Dent Assoc 69:80-3. 2003..The technique involves use of an interim restoration as an abutment for the final impression. This allows accurate duplication of the soft tissues and fabrication of a final restoration with the correct emergence profile...
- Patient satisfaction and quality of single-tooth restorationsKatrien Vermylen
Center for Periodontology and Implantology Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Oral Implants Res 14:119-24. 2003..It is concluded that single Brånemark fixtures installed by periodontists and restored by general practitioners are of an acceptable clinical quality to satisfy the patient...
- Immediate, non-submerged, root-analogue zirconia implant in single tooth replacementW Pirker
Alfred Kocher, Medical University Vienna, Waehringerguertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 37:293-5. 2008..The macro-retentions must be limited to the interdental space to avoid fracture of the thin buccal cortex. This successful case warrants further clinical research in well controlled trials...
- In-patient comparison of immediate and conventional loaded implants in mandibular molar sites within 12 monthsM Bariş Güncü
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Oral Implants Res 19:335-41. 2008....
- Immediate tooth extraction, placement of a Tapered Screw-Vent implant, and provisionalization in the esthetic zone: a case reportGuido Schiroli
Implant Dent 12:123-31. 2003..This clinical report describes an immediate tooth extraction, followed by placement and provisional restoration of a dental implant in the prepared socket of a right maxillary central incisor...
- Single-tooth implants in the maxillary incisor region with immediate provisionalization: 2-year prospective studyMario Groisman
UNIGRANRIO University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 15:115-22, 124; quiz 126. 2003..When used in selected cases, this technique facilitated maintenance of the gingival architecture adjacent to immediate transalveolar implants...
- Immediate occlusal loading of single lower molars using Brånemark System Wide-Platform TiUnite implants: an interim report of a prospective open-ended clinical multicenter studyRoberto Calandriello
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 5:74-80. 2003..As high initial stability most often is achieved in this region, it was hypothesized that the load per se is not a problem...
- Success rate of immediate nonfunctional loaded single-tooth implants: immediate versus delayed implantationFernando Salimon Ribeiro
Periodontology, School of Dentistry, Integrated Faculties of Santa Fé do Sul, FUNEC, Santa Fé do Sul, SP, Brazil
Implant Dent 17:109-17. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the success rate of maxillary immediate nonfunctional single-tooth loaded implants used into fresh extraction sites (immediate placement condition) or healed ridge (delayed placement condition)...
- Solution for the challenging implantLee M Whitesides
Atlanta Oral and Facial Surgery, Georgia, USA
Dent Today 27:146, 148. 2008
- Preservation of esthetics with implant dentistry: a clinical reportJaime A Vergara
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 4:200-11. 2002..The replacement of single teeth with implants in the anterior maxilla poses a significant challenge to the clinician because of its esthetic implications...
- Assessment of bone density differences between conventional and bone-condensing techniques using dual energy x-ray absorptiometry and radiographyAyse Gulsahi
Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 104:692-8. 2007..We used dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) and periapical radiography to assess bone density differences after conventional and bone-condensing dental implant techniques...
- Numerical simulation of the effect of time-to-loading on peri-implant boneKivanc Akca
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, 06100 Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Med Eng Phys 32:7-13. 2010..To evaluate the effect of time-to-loading on trabecular bone around single-tooth dental implants using numerical solutions based on computer models...
- Esthetic restoration of a single-tooth dental implant using a subepithelial connective tissue graft: a case report with 3-year follow-upR B Price
Department of Dental Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 19:92-101. 1999..A 3-year clinical follow-up with complete regeneration of the gingival papillae is described...
- Immediate loading of single-tooth restorations: one-year prospective resultsAzfar A Siddiqui
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Oral Implantol 34:208-18. 2008..38 to 1.5 mm (77%) and 1.6 to 2.69 mm (23%). Immediate full-occlusal loading of single-tooth restorations was safely performed in selected subjects when good primary implant stability and an appropriate occlusal load were achieved...
- Early implant placement following single-tooth extraction in the esthetic zone: biologic rationale and surgical proceduresDaniel Buser
Department of Oral Surgery and Stomatology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 28:441-51. 2008..The surgical step-by-step procedure is presented with a case report. In addition, the biologic rationale is discussed...
- Augmentation in proximity to the incisive foramen to allow placement of endosseous implants: a case seriesGerry M Raghoebar
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:2267-71. 2010....
- [Surgical dilemmas. Bone augmentation procedures for single-tooth replacements]L Meijndert
Kaakchirurgie van het Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen van de Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
Ned Tijdschr Tandheelkd 115:662-6. 2008..For smaller bone defects, augmentation with autogenous bone from the oral region (mandibular ramus, symphysis region) can be selected or a bone substitute...
- Load fatigue performance of four implant-abutment interface designs: effect of torque level and implant systemH C Quek
Department of Restorative Dentistry, National Dental Centre, Republic of Singapore
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 23:253-62. 2008..The effect of increasing and decreasing the tightening torque by 20% respectively on the load fatigue performance was also investigated...
- Evaluation on the movement of endosseous titanium implants under continuous orthodontic forces: an experimental study in the dogYao Dung Hsieh
School of Dentistry, National Defense Medical Center and Tri Service General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Oral Implants Res 19:618-23. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the movement of pure titanium implants under different continuous forces in the edentulous alveolar ridge...
- A 10-year prospective study of ITI dental implants placed in the posterior region. II: Influence of the crown-to-implant ratio and different prosthetic treatment modalities on crestal bone lossRafael Juan Blanes
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics and Occlusion, Geneva Dental School, Geneva, Switzerland
Clin Oral Implants Res 18:707-14. 2007..To evaluate the influence of the crown-to-implant ratio (C/I) ratio and different implant prosthetic treatment modalities on crestal bone loss around dental implants placed in the posterior region...
- Reliability of implant placement with stereolithographic surgical guides generated from computed tomography: clinical data from 94 implantsAhmet Ersan Ersoy
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
J Periodontol 79:1339-45. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the match between the positions and axes of the planned and placed implants using stereolithographic (SLA) surgical guides...
- Implant dentistry in the undergraduate dental education program at Dalhousie University. Part 1: clinical outcomesMats Kronstrom
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7456, USA
Int J Prosthodont 21:124-8. 2008..This study evaluated the outcome of treatments performed by students in the undergraduate implant elective program at Dalhousie University...
- Cantilevers in dentistryAaron Fenton
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Canada
Int J Prosthodont 20:359. 2007
- The biologic stability of alumina-zirconia implant abutments after 1 year of clinical service: a digital subtraction radiographic evaluationKyu Hyun Bae
Department of Periodontology and Dental Research Institute, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University, South Korea
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 28:137-43. 2008..Stable and healthy soft and hard tissue conditions may be expected around alumina-zirconia abutments after 1 year of clinical service. However, long-term data are needed to confirm the present results...
- Intelligent drug delivery from the oral cavityJ Kohnle
HSG IMIT, Villingen Schwenningen, Germany
Med Device Technol 18:44-5. 2007..A novel drug delivery device that is inserted into the oral cavity is being developed to treat chronic diseases and drug addiction...
- Management of a congenitally missing maxillary central incisor. A case studyHoward M Tichler
Good Samaritan Hospital, West Islip, USA
N Y State Dent J 73:20-2. 2007..At the initiation of treatment, this information must be relayed and the treatment plan agreed upon by the patient or the parents of the patient...
- Interaction phenomena between oral implants and bone tissue in single and multiple implant frames under occlusal loads and misfit conditions: A numerical approachA N Natali
Centre of Mechanics of Biological Materials CMBM, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 83:332-9. 2007..Analyses performed show that stress states induced by the investigated type of misfit are comparable to those arising from the application of physiological loading conditions...
- Implant complications in the esthetic zoneStephen L Wheeler
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:93-102. 2007..To review treatment planning concepts and surgical techniques that have led to complications during implant reconstruction in the anterior maxilla...
- Lasers in dental implantologyEmile Martin
Dent Clin North Am 48:999-1015, viii. 2004..After clinicians know the characteristics of the wavelengths available to them, the application of the technology to the specific situation certainly is warranted...
- Long-term evaluation of non-submerged hollow cylinder implants. Clinical and radiographic resultsR Merickse-Stern
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Bern, Switzerland
Clin Oral Implants Res 12:252-9. 2001..5 mm and 2.8 mm respectively. From this clinical evaluation one may conclude that with the early generation of hollow cylinder ITI-implants favorable long-term results were achieved...
- Replacing congenitally missing maxillary lateral incisors: assessing treatment options and case reportSteven L Rasner
Dent Today 24:66, 68, 70 passim; quiz 73, 65. 2005
- Dynamic fatigue properties of the dental implant-abutment interface: joint opening in wide-diameter versus standard-diameter hex-type implantsS A Hoyer
College of Dentistry and College of Engineering, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Prosthet Dent 85:599-607. 2001..75-mm and 6.0-mm externally hexed implants experienced similar joint opening after periods of dynamic loading. Laboratory adjustment of the interface significantly decreased the service life of the abutment screw joint...
- Alternative method for retention and removal of cement-retained implant prosthesesF P Valbao
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Faesa University, Vitoria, Espirito Santo, Brazil
J Prosthet Dent 86:181-3. 2001..This article describes a simple, quick, and economical technique that makes use of a light-polymerized resin system to facilitate the retention and removal of cement-retained implant prostheses...
- Molar restorations supported by 2 implants: an alternative to wide implantsM Moscovitch
Department of Restorative Sciences Biomaterials, Boston University, Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Mass, USA
J Can Dent Assoc 67:535-9. 2001..This paper presents the use of 2 implants to replace a single molar using implants and prosthetic components in the Astra Tech Dental Implant System...
- Aesthetic implant management of multiple adjacent failing anterior maxillary teethKitichai Rungcharassaeng
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 16:365-9. 2004
- Immediate total tooth replacementD A Garber
Department of Periodontics, Medical College of Georgia, School of Dentistry, Augusta, Georgia, USA
Compend Contin Educ Dent 22:210-6, 218. 2001....
- A microscopical evaluation of 24 retrieved failed hollow implantsA Piattelli
Dental School, University of Chieti, Italy
Biomaterials 20:485-9. 1999..Perhaps, when the inflammatory process reaches the implant hollow portion, the infection runs a more rapid course due to the scarce vascularity of the bone inside this part...
- The evolution of external and internal implant/abutment connectionsIsrael M Finger
Department of Prosthodontics, LSU School of Dentistry, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 15:625-32; quiz 634. 2003..This article reviews key developments in implantology and highlights the various design characteristics of internal abutment connection implants, demonstrating their clinical application in a detailed case presentation...
- The Atlantis Components Abutment: simplifying the tooth implant procedureArun K Garg
Dent Implantol Update 13:65-70. 2002
- Experimentally induced abutment strains in three types of single-molar implant restorationsW J Seong
School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Prosthet Dent 84:318-26. 2000..The choice of single-molar implant design is difficult because of a lack of controlled, quantitative biomechanical analyses...
- Five-year outcome of 111 immediate nonfunctional single restorationsMarco Degidi
The Dental School, University of Bologna, Italy
J Oral Implantol 32:277-85. 2006..2 mm thereafter) was 97.2%. Immediate nonocclusal loading of single implants is a reliable surgical-prosthetic procedure with a low rate of implant loss and a low quantity of peri-implant bone loss over time...
- Use of sintered porous-surfaced dental implants to restore single teeth in the maxilla: a 7- to 9-year follow-upKevin MacDonald
Discipline of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 29:191-9. 2009..9%). Jemt Papilla Index scores of 2 or 3 were assigned for the majority of papillae. SPS implants can be used effectively to replace single missing maxillary teeth...
- A simplified technique for creating a customized gingival emergence profile for implant-supported crownsShereen S Azer
Division of Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Columbus, OH, USA
J Prosthodont 19:497-501. 2010..The created profile can then be used in the dental laboratory to achieve a superior and predictable esthetic outcome for implant-supported fixed restorations...
- The importance of dental implantsC E Misch
University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, Department of Prosthodontics, USA
Gen Dent 49:38-45. 2001..Evidence-based reports indicate implant restorations last longer than those on teeth and the abutment teeth are at less risk of loss or complication...
- Computerized milled solid implant abutments utilized at second stage surgeryA Schneider
University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Department of Restorative Dentistry, USA
Gen Dent 49:416-20. 2001..The Atlantis milled abutment overcomes these difficulties, utilizing CAD/CAM technology to develop a customized milled abutment with ideal emergence profile and shape to simplify crown fabrication...
- Immediate anterior implant placement and early loading by provisional acrylic crowns: a prospective study after a one-year follow-up periodJose Luis Calvo Guirado
School of Dentistry, University of Murcia, Spain
J Ir Dent Assoc 48:43-9. 2002..A one-year interim report indicates that the implant developed and extended; functional osseous state show a predictable and reliable method after one year follow up period...
- Fit of surgical guides--manufactured by InLab 3DS Reich
Department of Prosthodontics and Material Sciences, University of Leipzig, Germany
Int J Comput Dent 10:329-37. 2007..The results were presented at the Annual Meeting of the German Society of Computerized Dentistry 2007 as a short presentation...
- A systematic review of single-tooth restorations supported by implantsN H Creugers
Department of Occlusal Reconstruction and Oral Function, College of Dental Science, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Dent 28:209-17. 2000..To make an inventory of clinical studies on single-tooth restorations supported by implants using a systematic review procedure and to aggregate overall survival results...
- The abutment duplication technique: a novel protocol for cementable implant-supported restorationsRoberto Cocchetto
University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 30:415-24. 2010..The technique presented demonstrates efficacy and predictability in reducing the number of clinical sessions for delivering precisely fitting cementable implant-supported restorations...
- Effect of an antirotation resistance form on screw loosening for single implant-supported crownsH Aboyoussef
New Jersey Dental School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, USA
J Prosthet Dent 83:450-5. 2000..The gold screw of the single tooth implant-supported restoration has frequently been reported to exhibit the problem of screw loosening...
- [Recommendations in oral implantology]H J A Meijer
Orale Functieleer, Prothetische Tandheelkunde en Biomaterialen, Academisch Centrum voor Mondzorg Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen
Ned Tijdschr Tandheelkd 115:481-8. 2008..The recommendations are also related to diagnostics and aftercare...
- Vertical and horizontal bone augmentation with the intraoral autogenous J-graftHassan G Moghadam
Department of Dentistry, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Canada
Implant Dent 18:230-8. 2009..This supports the papilla at the future implant site. The autogenous J-graft is the ideal technique for augmentation in the esthetic zone with significant resorption that includes interproximal sites...
- Incidence of inter-proximal papilla between a tooth and an adjacent immediate implant placed into a fresh extraction socket: 1-year prospective studyDiego Lops
Department of Prosthodontics, Dental Clinic, School of Dentistry, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 19:1135-40. 2008..The aim of this prospective study was to identify the factors affecting the presence of an inter-proximal papilla between a tooth and an implant...
- Clinical outcome and patient satisfaction following full-flap elevation for early and delayed placement of single-tooth implants: a 5-year randomized studyLars Schropp
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 23:733-43. 2008..This 5-year follow-up report presents the outcome of early and delayed placement of single-tooth implants...
- Minimum criteria for immediate provisionalization of single-tooth dental implants in extraction sites: a 1-year retrospective study of 100 consecutive casesCurtis M Becker
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Colorado, Health Science Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 69:491-7. 2011..Minimum criteria were used in the placement of 100 consecutive provisional restorations on single-tooth dental implants placed into extraction sites within 3 days of surgery...
- Cemented CeraOne and porcelain fused to TiAdapt abutment single-implant crown restorations: a 10-year comparative follow-up studyTorsten Jemt
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry Dental Material Science, Institute of Odontology, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 11:303-10. 2009..Long-term data comparing cemented and noncemented single-implant restorations has not been reported...
- Clinical failures and shortfalls of immediate implant proceduresMarkus B Hürzeler
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontics, School of Dental Medicine, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Esthet Dent 1:128-40. 2006..It is important to establish whether the advantages observed in single-tooth applications are also feasible for multiple adjacent implants...
- Single-tooth implant restorations in the esthetic zone--contemporary concepts for optimization and maintenance of soft tissue esthetics in the replacement of failing teeth in compromised sitesTidu Mankoo
Windsor Centre for Advanced Dentistry, Windsor, United Kingdom
Eur J Esthet Dent 2:274-95. 2007....
- Inflammatory Control of Periodontal RegenerationLyndon Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2009..Characterization of inflammatory signaling effects of the emergence bone forming cells for tissue repair may identify new therapeutic targets and avenues for treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases like periodontitis. ..
- Inflammatory Control of Periodontal RegenerationLyndon Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2007..Characterization of inflammatory signaling effects of the emergence bone forming cells for tissue repair may identify new therapeutic targets and avenues for treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases like periodontitis. ..
- Inflammatory Control of Periodontal RegenerationLyndon F Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2010..Characterization of inflammatory signaling effects of the emergence bone forming cells for tissue repair may identify new therapeutic targets and avenues for treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases like periodontitis. ..
- Prospective evaluation of immediate temporized implantsMichael Block; Fiscal Year: 2007..Standardized hard and soft tissue data will be collected preextraction as baseline, and then prospectively for at least two years in this trial, to compare and contrast the methods. ..
- Oral Health Research TrainingMICHAEL REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Where clinical training is interdigitated with the program, the clinical program director reports on the clinical progress to Dr. Jeffcoat. Program structure will also include internal and external advisory committees. ..