single tooth dental implants
Summary: Devices, usually alloplastic, surgically inserted into or onto the jawbone, which support a single prosthetic tooth and serve either as abutments or as cosmetic replacements for missing teeth.
Publications208 found, 100 shown here
- Maxillary anterior esthetic extractions with delayed single-stage implant placementDavid Anson
Compend Contin Educ Dent 23:829-30, 833-6, 838 passim; quiz 848. 2002..This article describes a technique for esthetic extraction, as well as delayed esthetic single-stage implant placement, in the maxillary anterior sextant...
- A 3-year prospective clinical and radiologic analysis of early loaded maxillary dental implants supporting single-tooth crownsIlser Turkyilmaz
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Prosthodont 19:389-90. 2006..The results of this study indicate that 6-week early loading of TiUnite surface implants in the maxilla was reliable and predictable for this patient population and may offer an alternative to the standard loading protocol...
- Single-tooth replacement of a maxillary central incisor via immediate implant placementChristopher D Ramsey
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 19:355-7. 2007
- Clinical considerations for enhancing the success of implant-supported restorations in the aesthetic zone with delayed implant placementAriel J Raigrodski
Department of Prosthodontics, Box 222, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, 1100 Florida Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 14:21-8; quiz 30. 2002....
- Multiple single-tooth implant restorations in the posterior jaws: maintenance of marginal bone levels with reference to the implant-abutment microgapMichael R Norton
Department of Surgical Sciences, Marquette University Dental School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 21:777-84. 2006..The purpose of this study was to measure marginal bone loss from the implant-abutment microgap to the bone crest between multiple freestanding implants functionally loaded for up to 7.5 years in the posterior jaws...
- Immediate occlusal loading of Brånemark System TiUnite implants placed predominantly in soft bone: 4-year results of a prospective clinical studyRoland Glauser
Department for Fixed Prosthodontics and Dental Materials, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 7:S52-9. 2005..Immediate occlusal implant loading has been documented as a viable treatment option for various indications. However, most of the available studies reported on the short-term outcome of this treatment modality...
- Immediate implant placement and provisionalization using implants with an internal connectionPaulino Castellon
Department of Prosthodontics, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, 1100 Florida Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 16:35-43. 2004..Four cases are presented demonstrating the clinical versatility of an immediate implant system for predictable and aesthetic restoration of the posterior region...
- Immediate restoration of single implants placed immediately after tooth extractionAntonio Barone
School of Dental Medicine, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
J Periodontol 77:1914-20. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the 12-month clinical success of 18 single-tooth implants inserted immediately after tooth extraction and restored the same day with non-functional loading...
- Biomechanical study of a prosthetic solution based on an angled abutment: case of upper lateral incisorG Dubois
Laboratory of Physics and Mechanics of Materials, Ecole Nationale d Ingénieurs de Metz, Ile du Saulcy, 57045 Metz Cedex, France
Med Eng Phys 29:989-98. 2007..The evolution of bone properties around implant was then simulated as a function of time to estimate the maximal load that could be supported by the prosthetic solution without bone damage...
- Immediate tooth extraction, placement of a Tapered Screw-Vent implant, and provisionalization in the esthetic zone: a case reportGuido Schiroli
Implant Dent 12:123-31. 2003..This clinical report describes an immediate tooth extraction, followed by placement and provisional restoration of a dental implant in the prepared socket of a right maxillary central incisor...
- Aesthetics in oral implantology: biological, clinical, surgical, and prosthetic aspectsGilberto Sammartino
University of Naples Federico II, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Odontostomatologic and Maxillo Facial Science, Naples, Italy
Implant Dent 16:54-65. 2007..Placement of immediate post-extraction implants without incisions or flap elevation is one of the surgical treatment options able to improve the healing and regenerative potentials of the fresh socket...
- Single-tooth implants in the maxillary incisor region with immediate provisionalization: 2-year prospective studyMario Groisman
UNIGRANRIO University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 15:115-22, 124; quiz 126. 2003..When used in selected cases, this technique facilitated maintenance of the gingival architecture adjacent to immediate transalveolar implants...
- Immediate occlusal loading of single lower molars using Brånemark System Wide-Platform TiUnite implants: an interim report of a prospective open-ended clinical multicenter studyRoberto Calandriello
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 5:74-80. 2003..As high initial stability most often is achieved in this region, it was hypothesized that the load per se is not a problem...
- Preservation of esthetics with implant dentistry: a clinical reportJaime A Vergara
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 4:200-11. 2002..The replacement of single teeth with implants in the anterior maxilla poses a significant challenge to the clinician because of its esthetic implications...
- Interdisciplinary treatment planning for single-tooth restorations in the esthetic zonePiero Simeone
Private Practice, Rome, Italy
J Esthet Restor Dent 19:79-88; discussion 89. 2007..Finally, after having screwed the abutments on the implants, inducing a torque of 20 Ncm, the metal-ceramic restorations were cemented with temporary cement...
- Single-tooth restorative treatment using an immediate-loading CAD/CAM techniqueD Bonaudo
Centro Medico Odontoiatrico, Verolengo s a s, Torino, Italy
Int J Comput Dent 9:321-31. 2006..Definitive restoration of missing tooth 25 in a single visit by positioning a tapered, immediately loaded implant, a titanium/zirconia abutment, and an all-ceramic crown...
- Patient satisfaction and quality of single-tooth restorationsKatrien Vermylen
Center for Periodontology and Implantology Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Oral Implants Res 14:119-24. 2003..It is concluded that single Brånemark fixtures installed by periodontists and restored by general practitioners are of an acceptable clinical quality to satisfy the patient...
- Preservation of the gingival architecture with the scalloped implant design: a clinical reportAmir H Khatami
College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43218 2357, USA
J Oral Implantol 32:167-70. 2006..This clinical report describes the immediate provisional placement and prosthetic rehabilitation of 2 missing maxillary central incisors with scalloped dental implants...
- Interdisciplinary treatment of a severe maxillary aesthetic defect: a case reportAlan S Pollack
Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, Attending, New York Hospital, Weill Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 16:157-64; quiz 166. 2004..This presentation describes a treatment protocol for restoration of the anterior region following bone augmentation, implant placement, and prosthetic rehabilitation...
- Functional and esthetic considerations for single-tooth Ankylos implant-crowns: 8 years of clinical performanceKatrin Döring
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Free University of Berlin, Assmanshauser Str 4 6, 14197 Berlin, Germany
J Oral Implantol 30:198-209. 2004..If there is a long interval between the loss of the natural tooth and the placement of the implant prosthetic replacement, this collapse tends to increase significantly...
- Immediate loading of an implant following implant site development using forced eruption: a case reportYoung Seok Park
Department of Oral Anatomy, College of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 20:621-6. 2005..Subsequently, they placed an implant immediately after tooth extraction and immediately loaded it with a temporary resin restoration...
- Single implant-supported restorations in the anterior maxillaJuan Blanco Carrión
Faculty of Odontology, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 25:149-55. 2005....
- Single implants and buccal bone grafts in the anterior maxilla: measurements of buccal crestal contours in a 6-year prospective clinical studyTorsten Jemt
Chairman, Branemark Clinic, Public Dental Health Service, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 7:127-35. 2005..Patients provided with buccal bone grafts seem to lose a substantial part of the graft in the short term...
- Prosthetic treatment of maxillary lateral incisor agenesis with osseointegrated implants: a 24-39-month prospective clinical studyFernando Zarone
Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 17:94-101. 2006..The present study aimed at evaluating the marginal bone resorption and the peri-implant tissue conditions around Narrow-Neck ITI implants in the implant-prosthetic treatment of the agenesis of maxillary lateral incisors...
- A 5-year prospective study of single-tooth replacements supported by the Astra Tech implant: a pilot studyKlaus Gotfredsen
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Royal Dental School, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 6:1-8. 2004..Therefore, long-term validation of different treatment modalities with different implant systems is of great importance...
- Peri-implant tissue and radiographic bone levels in the immediately restored single-tooth implant: a retrospective analysisMarco Degidi
J Periodontol 79:252-9. 2008..The purpose of this study was to compare and evaluate bone and soft tissue levels in immediately restored single implants positioned in the esthetic anterior region...
- Use of a one-stage narrow-diameter implant to replace incisorsMichael S Wojcik
University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry, USA
J Mich Dent Assoc 88:42, 44-9. 2006
- Immediate loading versus immediate provisionalization of maxillary single-tooth replacements: a prospective randomized study with BioComp implantsJerome A Lindeboom
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Academic Medical Center and Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64:936-42. 2006....
- Treatment options for a congenitally missing lateral incisor: a case reportCarl E Misch
University of Michigan, USA
Dent Today 23:90, 92, 94-5; quiz 95. 2004
- Single-implant restorations: a contemporary approach for achieving a predictable outcomeAvishai Sadan
Department for the Practice of General Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, Case University, Cleveland, OH 44106 4905, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 62:73-81. 2004....
- Immediate provisional restoration of postextraction implants for maxillary single-tooth replacementAlberto Ferrara
Sezione di Odontostomatologia, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Italy
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 26:371-7. 2006..Regular recalls were planned for the following 4 years. One implant did not integrate, and another became unstable secondary to facial trauma. Overall patient satisfaction and clinical and radiographic parameters were good...
- A modified impression technique for accurate registration of peri-implant soft tissuesNikolai Attard
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Can Dent Assoc 69:80-3. 2003..The technique involves use of an interim restoration as an abutment for the final impression. This allows accurate duplication of the soft tissues and fabrication of a final restoration with the correct emergence profile...
- Single tooth immediate provisional restoration of dental implants: technique and early resultsMichael Block
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Louisianna State University, School of Dentistry, New Orleans 70119, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 62:1131-8. 2004..Our hypothesis is that preoperative fabrication of the implant abutment and provisional restoration can provide successful immediate provisionalization of implants, if specific diagnostic criteria are used for patient selection...
- Immediate occlusal loading of implants placed in fresh sockets after tooth extractionRoberto Crespi
Department of Dentistry, Vita Salute University, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 22:955-62. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical and radiographic outcome of dental implants immediately placed and loaded into fresh extraction sockets after 18 months...
- Long-term clinical effectiveness of oral implants in the treatment of partial edentulism. Seven-year life table analysis of a prospective study with ITI dental implants system used for single-tooth restorationsEugenio Romeo
Department of Medicine, Surgery and Odontostomatology, University of Milano, Milan, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 13:133-43. 2002....
- Immediate, non-submerged, root-analogue zirconia implant in single tooth replacementW Pirker
Alfred Kocher, Medical University Vienna, Waehringerguertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 37:293-5. 2008..The macro-retentions must be limited to the interdental space to avoid fracture of the thin buccal cortex. This successful case warrants further clinical research in well controlled trials...
- In-patient comparison of immediate and conventional loaded implants in mandibular molar sites within 12 monthsM Bariş Güncü
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Oral Implants Res 19:335-41. 2008....
- Success rate of immediate nonfunctional loaded single-tooth implants: immediate versus delayed implantationFernando Salimon Ribeiro
Periodontology, School of Dentistry, Integrated Faculties of Santa Fé do Sul, FUNEC, Santa Fé do Sul, SP, Brazil
Implant Dent 17:109-17. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the success rate of maxillary immediate nonfunctional single-tooth loaded implants used into fresh extraction sites (immediate placement condition) or healed ridge (delayed placement condition)...
- Immediate transmucosal implant placement in molar extraction sites: a 12-month prospective multicenter cohort studyC Cafiero
Department of Dental and Maxillofacial Sciences, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 19:476-82. 2008..To assess the clinical and radiographic outcomes of immediate transmucosal placement of implants into molar extraction sockets...
- Single-tooth implant-supported restorations. Planning for an aesthetic and functional solutionM R Norton
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Charing Cross Hospital, London
Dent Update 28:170-5. 2001..Coupled with an appropriate approach to treatment planning and patient assessment, use of the single-tooth implant may be considered a highly predictable treatment solution...
- Objective criteria: guiding and evaluating dental implant estheticsLyndon F Cooper
Department of Prosthodontics, UNC School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 20:195-205. 2008
- Comparative clinical results after implant placement in the posterior maxilla with and without sinus augmentationAndreas Schlegel
Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Erlangen, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 23:289-98. 2008..The objective was to compare implants in the posterior maxilla with or without sinus floor augmentation...
- What's your choice: cement- or screw-retained implant restorations?Samuel M Strong
Gen Dent 56:15-8. 2008
- Immediately restored, single-tapered implants in the anterior maxilla: prosthodontic and aesthetic outcomes after 1 yearJames A G Hall
Oral Implantology Area of Research Strength, Department of Oral Rehabilitation, School of Dentistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 9:34-45. 2007..Conventional implant protocols advocate a two-stage technique with a load-free, submerged healing period. Recent studies suggest that immediate restoration of single implants may be a viable treatment option...
- Preservation of soft tissue contours with immediate screw-retained provisional implant crownSaad A Al-Harbi
Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, Retal Clinic, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
J Prosthet Dent 98:329-32. 2007..This article describes the fabrication of a screw-retained immediate provisional restoration that fulfills anatomic, biologic, and esthetic requirements...
- Clinical assessment of primary stability of endosseous implants placed in the incisor region, using resonance frequency analysis methodology: an in vivo studyR Ramakrishna
Department of Prosthodontics and Implantology, Meenakshiammal Dental College, Chennai, India
Indian J Dent Res 18:168-72. 2007..To evaluate the effect of immediate loading on the primary stability of endosseous implants placed in the anterior incisor region by mapping the stability, using resonance frequency analysis, over a period of time...
- Immediate restoration of an immediate single-tooth implantG F Clausen
Aust Dent J 47:178-81. 2002..The clinical procedures are described, and the specific indications which may permit this approach are presented...
- Three-year evaluation of single-tooth implants restored 3 weeks after 1-stage surgeryLyndon F Cooper
Department of Prosthodontics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7450, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 22:791-800. 2007..A secondary objective was to determine peri-implant tissue responses at these implants...
- A 4-year prospective clinical and radiological study of maxillary dental implants supporting single-tooth crowns using early and delayed loading protocolsIlser Turkyilmaz
Department of Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43218 2357, USA
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 9:222-7. 2007..However, there are only a few studies regarding the immediate/early loading of maxillary implants supporting single-tooth crowns...
- Restoring a smile with a dental implant: a case reportTimothy F Kosinski
University of Detroit, Mercy School of Dentistry, USA
J Mich Dent Assoc 84:30-3. 2002
- Assessment of bone density differences between conventional and bone-condensing techniques using dual energy x-ray absorptiometry and radiographyAyse Gulsahi
Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 104:692-8. 2007..We used dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) and periapical radiography to assess bone density differences after conventional and bone-condensing dental implant techniques...
- Numerical simulation of the effect of time-to-loading on peri-implant boneKivanc Akca
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, 06100 Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Med Eng Phys 32:7-13. 2010..To evaluate the effect of time-to-loading on trabecular bone around single-tooth dental implants using numerical solutions based on computer models...
- Esthetic restoration of a single-tooth dental implant using a subepithelial connective tissue graft: a case report with 3-year follow-upR B Price
Department of Dental Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 19:92-101. 1999..A 3-year clinical follow-up with complete regeneration of the gingival papillae is described...
- Oral lichen planus and dental implants. Report of 3 casesP A Reichart
Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Department of Oral Surgery and Dental Radiology, Berlin, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 35:237-40. 2006..All implants were functioning well. Patients with OLP of the asymptomatic type involving the gingiva may be treated with dental implants, however, strict follow-up is recommended...
- Minimizing trauma during tooth removal: a systematic sectioning approachSaad H Al-Harbi
Retal Clinic, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Eur J Esthet Dent 5:274-87. 2010..This paper describes an extraction technique that utilizes a systematic tooth sectioning approach to help minimize soft and hard tissue loss in the extracted tooth socket...
- Sensory discrimination of teeth and implant-supported restorationsWayne W Hsieh
Department of Restorative Dentistry, New Jersey Dental School, Newark, NJ, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 25:146-52. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine patient responses to load application on natural teeth and implants using a visual analog scale (VAS)...
- Effect of superstructure materials and misfit on stress distribution in a single implant-supported prosthesis: a finite element analysisWirley Gonçalves Assunção
Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Araçatuba Dental School, University Estadual Paulista, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Craniofac Surg 21:689-95. 2010..According to the biomechanical point of view, materials with high elasticity modulus are more suitable for the superstructure of implant-supported prosthesis...
- Revisiting the hopeless ridge: Part II--Inductive orthopedic allograft applied to dental implant regenerationJohn Lupovici
Compend Contin Educ Dent 30:220-2, 224-6. 2009..One such product that combines demineralized bone with lecithin is reviewed, and two case reports using it are presented...
- Mandibular molar root resection versus implant therapy: a retrospective nonrandomized studyGregory George Zafiropoulos
Department of Operative Dentistry, University of Mainz, Germany
J Oral Implantol 35:52-62. 2009..015). Within the limitations of this study, the results indicated that, in periodontitis patients, hemisected mandibular molars were more prone to complications than implants...
- Peri-implant tissue healing in implant placed in post-extraction sockets of maxillary premolarsL Ramaglia
Department of Maxillofacial and Odontostomatological Sciences, Federico II University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 55:199-207. 2006..The aim of this study was the clinical and radiographic evaluation of peri-implant tissues healing associated with two-stage implants performed with one-stage surgery and placed into post-extraction sockets of maxillary premolars...
- Implant replacement of the maxillary central incisor: clinical and laboratory techniqueAlexander Shor
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 18:633-5. 2006
- Intrusion of overerupted maxillary molars with miniscrew anchorageJames C Y Lin
Department of Orthodontics and Craniofacial Dentistry, Graduate School of Craniofacial Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Orthod 40:378-83; quiz 358. 2006
- Study of different biocomposite coatings on Ti alloy by a subsonic thermal spraying techniqueMuqin Li
Provincial Key Laboratory of Biomaterials, Jiamusi University, Heilongjiang Province, 154007, People s Republic of China
Biomed Mater 2:1-5. 2007..A theoretical base was provided for the biocomposite coating application...
- Implant failure with spontaneous rapid exfoliation: case reportsDavid E Deas
US Air Force Periodontics Residency, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, USA
Implant Dent 11:235-42. 2002..This article presents two cases of early failure of two-stage dental implants manifesting in a spontaneous and rapid exfoliation...
- Restoration of a nonrestorable central incisor using forced orthodontic eruption, immediate implant placement, and an all-ceramic restoration: a clinical reportStefan Holst
Department of Prosthodontics, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Prosthet Dent 98:251-5. 2007....
- Anterior tooth replacement with implants in grafted alveolar cleft sites: a case seriesM S Cune
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Prosthodontics and Special Dental Care, Utrecht Medical Center, The Netherlands
Clin Oral Implants Res 15:616-24. 2004..Tertiary grafting of the site is recommended to achieve better ridge contour and bone height. This allows optimal implant placement and alignment...
- Mini-implants to reconstruct missing teeth in severe ridge deficiency and small interdental space: a 5-year case seriesZiv Mazor
Private Practice, Ra anana, Israel
Implant Dent 13:336-41. 2004..The mini-implants are immediately loaded and restored so as to enable the patient to have satisfactory mastication and aesthetic appearance. A 5-year follow up of 32 implants demonstrates the benefit of this treatment modality...
- Biologic outcome of implant-supported restorations in the treatment of partial edentulism. Part 2: a longitudinal radiographic studyIgnace Naert
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Catholic University Leuven, Belgium
Clin Oral Implants Res 13:390-5. 2002..Based on marginal bone height maintenance, the excellent prognosis of the presently used implants to support restorations in the treatment of partial edentulism was confirmed...
- Replacement of missing maxillary canines with dental implants: prosthesis design considerationsAvishai Sadan
Department of Restorative and General Dentistry, Case School of Dental Medicine, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 4905, USA
Pract Proced Aesthet Dent 16:625-30; quiz 632. 2004..This article discusses several considerations (ie, ease of maintenance, retrievability) that will affect the design of the definitive restoration...
- Freestanding and multiunit immediate loading of the expandable implant: an up-to-40-month prospective survival studyH Y Jo
Seoul Dental Institute, Seoul, Korea
J Prosthet Dent 85:148-55. 2001..Clinicians would welcome the use of a reliable, immediate-loading implant system...
- Extraction, immediate-load implants, impressions and final restorations in two patient visitsJoseph C Leary
Implant Dentistry Centre, Faulkner Hospital, Boston, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 134:715-20. 2003..Practitioners have experienced less expense in the form of chair time and greater patient satisfaction...
- Fabricating a provisional restoration for a 2-stage, single-tooth implant with less than optimal angulationA Maalhagh-Fard
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry, Detroit, MI 48219-0900, USA
J Prosthodont 10:234-6. 2001..This technique describes the fabrication of a provisional restoration for a labially angulated implant. This technique helps the prosthodontists to achieve esthetics and soft-tissue health until the definitive restoration is available...
- Immediate implant in fresh extraction socket of resected mandibular first molar: a preliminary clinical reportH el Charkawi
Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Implant Dent 10:272-9. 2001..The crown is esthetic and functional and easy to maintain. This technique was successfully applied on five patients...
- An impression technique to accurately transfer soft tissue contours for implant-supported restorations: three case reportsK S Paranhos
Implant Dentistry at New York University College of Dentistry, NY, USA
J Oral Implantol 27:317-21. 2001..This customizing of the pick-up impression technique is specifically useful for aesthetic areas...
- Biomechanical effects of double or wide implants for single molar replacement in the posterior mandibular regionY Sato
Department of Removable Prosthodontics, Hiroshima University School of Dentistry, Japan
J Oral Rehabil 27:842-5. 2000..These results suggest that the biomechanical advantage of double implants for single molar replacement is questionable when the occlusal force is loaded at the occlusal surface near the contact point...
- Do longer implants improve clinical outcome in immediate loading?M Degidi
Dental School, University of Bologna, Via Spina 12, 40100 Bologna, Italy
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:1172-6. 2007..Standard or longer implants are reliable devices for insertion in poor quality bone, although slightly higher bone resorption is to be expected...
- Complex dental rehabilitation in a periodontally compromised patient. Part 1: diagnosis and treatment planningMarion E Kreissl
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Esthet Dent 2:222-35. 2007..In Part 2, the selected treatment will be revealed and discussed in detail...
- One-piece dowel-crown on single endosseous implantsHamid Ghorbani
Prosthodontic Residency Program, University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Implant Dent 12:232-4. 2003..The unitized (one-piece) dowel-crown technique described in this article uses routine clinical and laboratory procedures, minimizes clinical appointments, and provides a simplified prosthetic restoration for a single dental implant...
- An esthetic solution for single-implant restorations - type III porcelain veneer bonded to a screw-retained custom abutment: a clinical reportPascal Magne
Don and Sybil Harrington Foundation, Division of Primary Oral Health Care, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 7792, USA
J Prosthet Dent 99:2-7. 2008..The porcelain-to-porcelain adhesive approach was used instead of traditional principles of retention and resistance form of the abutment...
- Effects of vertical interarch space and abutment height on stress distributions: a 3D finite element analysisAdrien Naveau
Prosthodontics Department, Faculty of Dental Surgery, Montrouge, France
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 17:90-4. 2009..From a mechanical point of view, bone and prosthetics components supporting cemented crowns were not as solicited as with screwed crowns...
- Tactile sensibility of single-tooth implants and natural teethNorbert Enkling
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Clin Oral Implants Res 18:231-6. 2007....
- Localized vertical maxillary ridge augmentation using symphyseal bone cores: a technique and case reportEliaz Kaufman
Division of Periodontics, Columbia University, School of Dental and Oral Surgery, New York, New York, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 18:293-8. 2003..This technique represents a viable approach for augmentation of deficient alveolar ridges prior to the placement of dental implants...
- Re: Restoration of a nonrestorable central incisor using forced orthodontic eruption, immediate implant placement, and an all-ceramic restoration: a clinical reportE Rebellato
J Prosthet Dent 99:168; author reply 168. 2008
- Immediate dental implant failure associated with nasopalatine duct cystPriscila L Casado
Dentistry, Rio de Janeiro Federal University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Implant Dent 17:169-75. 2008..Clinically, the lesion is similar to the classical nasopalatine duct cyst. Histological analysis should be mandatory in all cases of peri-implant lesions and in all dental periapical lesions before immediate implant placement...
- Influence of amine fluoride/stannous fluoride mouthwashes with and without chlorhexidine on secretion of proinflammatory molecules by peri-implant crevicular fluid cellsF Di Carlo
Department of Prosthodontics, Dental School, Rome University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 57:215-21, 221-5. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of amine fluoride/stannous fluoride (AmF-SnF(2)) vs chlorhexidine 0.12% (CHX) combined with Am-SnF(2) on IL-1beta, PGE(2) and EGF secretion by cells of crevicular peri-implant fluid...
- Solution for the challenging implantLee M Whitesides
Atlanta Oral and Facial Surgery, Georgia, USA
Dent Today 27:146, 148. 2008
- Immediate, non-submerged, root-analogue zirconia implants placed into single-rooted extraction sockets: 2-year follow-up of a clinical studyW Pirker
Maxillo Facial Surgeon, Schulerstrasse 1 3 65, 1010 Vienna, Austria
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 38:1127-32. 2009..Significant modifications, such as macroretentions seem to indicate that primary stability and excellent osseointegration of immediate root-analogue zirconia implants can be achieved, while preventing unaesthetic bone resorption...
- [Design of custom-shaped abutments for single-tooth crowns on implants]H J A Meijer
Afdeling Mondziekten, Kaakchirurgie en Bijzondere Tandheelkunde, Academisch Ziekenhuis Groningen, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
Ned Tijdschr Tandheelkd 109:168-71. 2002..Custom-shaped abutments are the best option for this task. Many items influence the design. This article discusses a set of guidelines for the design of custom-shaped abutments for single-tooth implants...
- Multicenter retrospective analysis of wide-neck dental implants for single molar replacementRobert A Levine
Perio Prosthesis and Implantology, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 22:736-42. 2007..To evaluate the predictability of Straumann wide-neck dental implants (6.5-mm prosthetic neck with a 4.8-mm endosseous sandblasted, large-grit, acid-etched-surface body) used for molar replacement...
- Fabrication of a custom abutment for a wide-diameter implant in a situation with limited interocclusal spaceNurit Bittner
Division of Prosthodontics, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Prosthet Dent 100:474-7. 2008..This article describes a technique to fabricate a customized abutment that directly connects to a wide-diameter implant, resulting in a functional and esthetic restoration...
- Influence of anisotropy on peri-implant stress and strain in complete mandible model from CTSheng Hui Liao
State Key Laboratory of CAD and CG, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Comput Med Imaging Graph 32:53-60. 2008..It is concluded that anisotropy has significant effects on peri-implant stress and strain and careful consideration should be given to its use in biomechanical FE studies...
- Effects of immediate loading with threaded hydroxyapatite-coated root-form implants on single premolar replacements: a preliminary reportPeriklis Proussaefs
Graduate Program in Implant Dentistry, Loma Linda University, California 92350, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 17:567-72. 2002..This prospective study evaluated the immediate loading of single, threaded, root-form implants placed in the maxillary premolar area...
- A second look at the punch techniqueRichard J Fraziero
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:1370-1; author reply 1371. 2003
- Ridge expansion and immediate implant placement in the esthetic zoneLakshman Dene
Surgical and Prosthetic Implant Program, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, New York, USA
N Y State Dent J 76:28-31. 2010..A 4.3 x 13 mm Nobel Biocare implant was placed. Following osseointegration, a PFM crown, supported by an esthetic abutment, was placed. A very pleasing esthetic result was achieved...
- Sinus floor augmentation technique and simultaneous implant placement, part II: the 2-stage approachFarokh A Khatiblou
J Oral Implantol 31:209-12. 2005..Eight months after the second stage, radiographs showed the entire 10-mm length of the implant was covered with new bone and the implant was solid and functional...
- Guided bone regeneration at immediate implant insertion and loading: a case reportPaul A Fugazzotto
Implant Dent 13:223-7. 2004..Six-month reentry demonstrated regeneration of lostalveolar bone surrounding the implant and clinical implant immobility. Clinical ramifications of these findings are discussed...
- Bone reformation with sinus membrane elevation: a new surgical technique for maxillary sinus floor augmentationStefan Lundgren
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 6:165-73. 2004..A previous case report demonstrated the possibility of promoting bone formation in the sinus by lifting the membrane without using a grafting material. However, the predictability of the technique is not known...
- Managing congenitally missing lateral incisors. Part III: single-tooth implantsGreggory A Kinzer
Department of Prosthodontics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 17:202-10. 2005..This is the final article of a three-part series discussing the three treatment alternatives for replacing congenitally missing lateral incisors...
- A retrospective analysis of peri-implant tissue responses at immediate load/provisionalized microthreaded implantsIngeborg J De Kok
Department of Prosthodontics, Bone Biology and Implant Therapy Laboratory, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 21:405-12. 2006..The aim of this retrospective study was to examine the peri-implant tissue status at immediately provisionalized anterior maxillary implants 12 to 30 months following tooth replacement...
- Clinical parameters associated with success and failure of single-tooth titanium plasma-sprayed cylindric implants under stricter criteria: a 5-year retrospective studyJad S Elkhoury
College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43218 2357, USA
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 20:687-94. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine the clinical parameters associated with long-term success and failure of single-tooth titanium plasma-sprayed (TPS) cylindric implants...
- [The role of preprosthetic orthodontics in the interdisciplinary management of congenitally missing maxillary lateral incisors: case report]Géza Vitályos
Debreceni Egyetem, Orvos és Egészségtudományi Centrum, Fogorvostudományi Kar, Fogszabályozási Osztály
Fogorv Sz 98:223-8. 2005..Preprosthetic orthodontics will continue to gain significance in future esthetically-functionally oriented dentistry and that its integration into multidisciplinary rehabilitation is often indispensable...
- Oral Health Research TrainingMICHAEL REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Where clinical training is interdigitated with the program, the clinical program director reports on the clinical progress to Dr. Jeffcoat. Program structure will also include internal and external advisory committees. ..
- Prospective evaluation of immediate temporized implantsMichael Block; Fiscal Year: 2007..Standardized hard and soft tissue data will be collected preextraction as baseline, and then prospectively for at least two years in this trial, to compare and contrast the methods. ..
- UAB Oral Health Research Curriculum InnovationMICHAEL REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..