dentin bonding agents
Summary: Cements that act through infiltration and polymerization within the dentinal matrix and are used for dental restoration. They can be adhesive resins themselves, adhesion-promoting monomers, or polymerization initiators that act in concert with other agents to form a dentin-bonding system.
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- "No-bottle" vs "multi-bottle" dentin adhesives--a microtensile bond strength and morphological studyR Frankenberger
Policlinic for Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Glueckstrasse 11, D-91054 Erlangen, Germany
Dent Mater 17:373-80. 2001..When applied in multiple coats, Prompt L-Pop results in bond strengths that are not statistically different from those of Prime&Bond NT, a total-etch adhesive...
- Bond strength of self-etching primers to enamel and dentin of primary teethF G Agostini
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Dental Branch, USA
Pediatr Dent 23:481-6. 2001..5 MPa). CONCLUSIONS: The results of this in vitro study show that the four adhesive systems tested bonded effectively to enamel of primary teeth, but only CSE achieved adequate bond strengths to dentin of primary teeth...
- Bond strengths of a 1-step self-etching system to caries-affected and normal dentinPatricia N R Pereira
Department of Operative Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Oper Dent 31:677-81. 2006..05). Additionally, the thickness of the hybrid layers produced by both adhesive systems was thicker for caries-affected dentin...
- Water sorption/solubility of self-etching dentin bonding agentsShuichi Ito
Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Division of Cariology and Endodontology, Department of Oral Rehabilitation, School of Dentistry, 1757 Tobetsu, Hokkaido 0610293, Japan
Dent Mater 26:617-26. 2010..The purpose of this study was to compare the water sorption/solubility, percent conversion and microtensile bond strength of three single-step self-etching adhesives with those of a two-step self-etching primer adhesive system...
- Dentin bonding agents induce c-fos and c-jun protooncogenes expression in human gingival fibroblastsFu Mei Huang
Oral Medicine Center, Department of Prosthodontics, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Biomaterials 24:157-63. 2003..Information on the genotoxicity/mutagenicity and cacinogenicity potentials of dentin bonding agents is rare...
- Comparison of microleakage for three one-bottle and three multiple-step dentin bonding agentsR Pilo
The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Prosthet Dent 82:209-13. 1999This in vitro study compared the ability of several recently introduced 1-bottle adhesives to their preceding multiple-step dentin bonding agents in reducing microleakage around Class V composite restorations.
- Microleakage of direct and indirect composite restorations with three dentin bonding agentsA A Alavi
Operative Department, School of Dental Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Oper Dent 27:19-24. 2002..001) less microleakage than the direct technique in control groups. All groups showed more leakage at the cementum margins except Excite with direct technique, where microleakage at the incisal and gingival margins was almost equal...
- Effect of dentin on the antibacterial activity of dentin bonding agentsG Schmalz
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Regensburg, Germany
J Endod 30:352-8. 2004b>Dentin bonding agents with antibacterial effects may inhibit secondary caries formation and pulp inflammation by eliminating residual bacteria in and on dentin...
- Cytotoxicity evaluation of single component dentin bonding agentsLa ongthong Vajrabhaya
Dept of Operative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Oper Dent 28:440-4. 2003This study evaluated the cytotoxicity of four single component dentin bonding agents: Syntac Single Component, Prime & Bond 2.1, Single Bond and One Up Bond F...
- Water sorption and solubility of dentin bonding agents light-cured with different light sourcesHebert Samuel Carafa Fabre
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University North of Paraná UNOPAR, Londrina, PR, Brazil
J Dent 35:253-8. 2007The aim of this study was to compare water sorption (WS) and solubility (WSB) of different dentin bonding agents (DBA) as regards classification and light-activation system...
- Effects of dentin bonding agents on bonding durability of a flowable composite to dentinKi Young Nam
Department of Dentistry, College of Medicine, Keimyung University, 194 Dongsan dong, Jung Gu, Daegu 700 712, Korea
Dent Mater J 26:224-31. 2007The present study evaluated the bonding durability of a flowable composite on bovine dentin using dentin bonding agents with different numbers of application steps: Scotchbond Multipurpose (three steps), Prime & Bond NT and One-Step (..
- Cytotoxicity of three dentin bonding agents on human dental pulp cellsRuey Song Chen
School of Dentistry, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, and National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Dent 31:223-9. 2003b>Dentin bonding agents (DBA) have been widely used in operative restoration to prevent leakage and promote bonding strength in the resin-dentin interface. However, DBA may exert potentially harmful effects to the dental pulp...
- HEMA diffusion from dentin bonding agents in young and old primary molars in vitroAysegul Cetinguc
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara 06100, Turkey
Dent Mater 23:302-7. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate and compare amounts of HEMA diffusion from three dentin bonding systems in young and old primary molars at a remaining dentin thickness (RDT) of 1 mm...
- Effect of irrigation solutions on dentin bonding agents and restorative shear bond strengthEric C Sung
Division of Advanced Prosthodontics, Biomaterials, and Hospital Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, 90095 1668, USA
J Prosthet Dent 87:628-32. 2002The presence of irrigation solution prior to the application of dentin bonding agents may be one source of contamination and may adversely affect bond strength.
- Dual application of dentin bonding agents: effect on bond strengthC Bertschinger
Department of Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Dental Material Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Am J Dent 9:115-9. 1996To evaluate the effect of a dual application of dentin bonding agents (DBA) on their shear bond strength on dentin with intermediate application of a provisional cement.
- Influence of dentin bonding agents and polymerization modes on the bond strength between translucent fiber posts and three dentin regions within a post spaceGokhan Akgungor
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 95:368-78. 2006..Debonding is the most frequent failure encountered with translucent fiber posts and usually occurs along the post space dentin-adhesive interface...
- Push-out bond strengths of two fiber post types bonded with different dentin bonding agentsFulya Toksoy Topcu
Department of Endodontics and Conservative Dentistry, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 93:359-66. 2010..to evaluate the regional push-out bond strengths for two fiber-reinforced post types using three different dentin bonding agents. Sixty single-rooted extracted human first premolar teeth were sectioned below the cemento-enamel junction,..
- Effects of flowable resin on bond strength and gap formation in Class I restorationsPatricia A Miguez
Curriculum in Oral Biology, University of North Carolina, 101 Dental Research Center, CB 7455, Chapel Hill 7455, USA
Dent Mater 20:839-45. 2004..This study measured resin/dentin bond strengths and evaluated gap formation at the pulpal floor of occlusal composite restorations using a flowable resin as a liner with either bulk or incremental placement of the restorative composite...
- Effects of additional and extended acid etching on bonding to caries-affected dentineCesar Augusto Galvao Arrais
Department of Restorative Dentistry Operative Dentistry, Piracicaba School of Dentistry, UNICAMP, Piracicaba, Brazil
Eur J Oral Sci 112:458-64. 2004..Additional and extended etching can improve bonding to CAD; however, adhesives applied on SD showed the best results for bonding...
- Mechanical stability of resin-dentin bond componentsMarcela Rocha de Oliveira Carrilho
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Dental Materials, Piracicaba School of Dentistry, University of Campinas, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Dent Mater 21:232-41. 2005..To evaluate the effects of long-term storage on the mechanical properties of the components of resin-dentin bonds, that is, resin composite, adhesive system, demineralized and mineralized dentin...
- Effect of cavity configuration and aging on the bonding effectiveness of six adhesives to dentinKenichi Shirai
Leuven BIOMAT Research Cluster, Department of Conservative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Maxillo Facial Surgery, Catholic University of Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 7, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Dent Mater 21:110-24. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine the effect polymerization contraction stress may have on bond durability...
- Effect of dentin conditioners on the microtensile bond strength of a conventional and a self-etching primer adhesive systemPaula Jacques
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo State, Araraquara Dental School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dent Mater 21:103-9. 2005..To investigate the effect of different dentin treatments on the microtensile bond strength of a self-etching primer and a simplified, total-etch adhesive system...
- Fracture aspects of resin-dentin bonding in non-trimming microtensile testK K Chen
Department of Operative Dentistry, Kyushu Dental College, 2-6-1 Manazuru, Kokurakita, Kitakyushu, 803-8580, Japan
Dent Mater J 20:315-24. 2001..These results suggest that the non-trimming microtensile test may potentially provide more realistic aspects of resin-dentin bonding than the conventional bulk specimen...
- In vitro influence of Carisolv on shear bond strength of dentin bonding agentsMaria Carolina Guilherme Erhardt
Quintessence Int 35:801-7. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of Carisolv on the shear bond strength (SBS) of hydrophilic adhesive systems in dentin...
- Bond strength of self-etching primer and total-etch adhesive systems to primary dentinCarolina Paes Torres
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Ribeirao Preto School of Dentistry, University of Sao Paulo USP, Ribeirão Preto São Paulo, Brazil
J Dent Child (Chic) 71:131-4. 2004..The objective of this study was to assess in vitro the tensile bond strength of a self-etching and 2 total-etch, single-bottle adhesive systems to primary dentin...
- Evaluation of thermal cycling and mechanical loading on bond strength of a self-etching primer system to dentinT Nikaido
Cariology and Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Dent Mater 18:269-75. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate the in vitro durability and fracture modes of the tooth-resin interface following thermal cycling, fatigue load cycling (FLC) and micro-tensile bond strength testing (MTBS)...
- The use of flowable composites as filled adhesivesRoland Frankenberger
Policlinic for Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Glueckstrasse 11, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Dent Mater 18:227-38. 2002..The aim of this in vitro study was to evaluate the use of flowable composites of different viscosities on bonding to enamel and dentin without the use of an intermediate bonding resin...
- A comparison of microtensile bond strengths of several dentin bonding systems to primary and permanent dentinM F Burrow
School of Dental Science, The University of Melbourne, 711 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia
Dent Mater 18:239-45. 2002..The bonded interfaces were also observed using field emission electron microscopy(FE-SEM)...
- Evaluation of etching time on dentin bond strength using single bottle bonding systemsAmer Abu-Hanna
Department of Operative Dentistry, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Health Science Center, Gainsville, Florida, 32610 0415, USA
J Adhes Dent 6:105-10. 2004..The current study evaluates whether reducing the etching time to 5 s from the recommended 15 s or increasing it to 30 s has an effect on dentin bonding...
- Microtensile bond strength of several adhesive systems to different dentin depthsManuel Toledano
Department of Dental Materials, School of Dentistry, University of Granada, Spain
Am J Dent 16:292-8. 2003..To determine the bond strength of five adhesives systems to either superficial or deep dentin...
- Storage effect on the shear bond strength of adhesive systemsAlysson Noriyuki Kajishima Konno
Discipline of Dental Materials, Faculty of Dentistry of Piracicaba, UNICAMP, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 14:42-7. 2003..05). In addition. CLB2V had the highest means at all times tested. SOLO had the lowest mean shear bond strength at 6 months, which was statistically lower than means at 3 months and 1 day (p < 0.05)...
- Microleakage of resin-based liner materials and condensable composites using filled and unfilled adhesivesSimone Deliperi
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Dent 16:351-5. 2003..To evaluate the efficacy of differing resin based liner materials in reducing microleakage...
- Bonding characteristics of self-etching adhesives to intact versus prepared enamelJorge Perdigao
Division of Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 15:32-41; discussion 42. 2003..This study tested the null hypothesis that the preparation of the enamel surface would not affect the enamel microtensile bond strengths of self-etching adhesive materials...
- Effect of 2% chlorhexidine on microtensile bond strength of composite to dentinFabrício Luscino Alves de Castro
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Araraquara School of Dentistry, UNESP Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Adhes Dent 5:129-38. 2003..To evaluate the effect of 2% chlorhexidine on the microtensile bond strength of composite resin to dentin treated with three dentin bonding systems...
- Effect of NaOCl treatment on bond strength between indirect resin core-buildup and dentinSatoshi Inoue
Division for General Dentistry, Hokkaido University Dental Hospital, Department of Oral Health Science, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Kita 13 Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8586, Japan
Dent Mater J 21:343-54. 2002..It is concluded that, for indirect resin core-buildup, the proper use of the NaOCl gel to dentin could increase the bond strength...
- The effect of different drying methods for single step adhesive systems on microleakage of tooth colored restorationsBarry M Owens
Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Tennessee, College of Dentistry, 875 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
J Contemp Dent Pract 4:1-9. 2003..Significantly greater leakage was also recorded with OptiBond Solo Plus and Prime & Bond 2.1 sponge applicator drying as compared to the same materials, syringe air drying...
- A comparison of the adhesion of three restorative materialsTeresa R Tripi
Department of Conservative Dentistry, University of Catania, Italy
J Clin Dent 13:234-9. 2002..For this investigation, 45 extracted lower wisdom molars were selected and 45 Class I cavities were prepared by the same operator, and were randomly divided into three groups of 15 samples each...
- Micro-tensile bond testing of resin cements to dentin and an indirect resin compositeYiu Fai Mak
Conservative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, 34 Hospital Road, SAR, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Dent Mater 18:609-21. 2002....
- Effect of EDTA conditioning on bond strength to bovine dentin promoted by four current adhesivesYasuhiro Torii
Department of Operative Dentistry, Field of Study of Biofunctional Recovery and Reconstruction, Okayama University Graduate School for Medicine and Dentistry, Japan
Am J Dent 16:395-400. 2003..To investigate the effect of disodium dihydrogen ethylenediamine tetraacetate dihydrate (EDTA) conditioning prior to the application of adhesive systems on the bond strength of resin composite to dentin...
- The effect of variation in etching times on dentin bondingAmer Abu-Hanna
University of Florida College of Dentistry, Department of Operative Dentistry, Gainesville, USA
Gen Dent 52:28-33. 2004..Reducing etching time reduces the depth of the demineralized zone and may be effective for achieving complete penetration and for sealing the dentin surface...
- Experimental comparison of cavity sealing ability of five dental adhesive systems after thermocyclingLiem Cao
Department of Conservative Dentistry, University of Liege, Belgium
J Adhes Dent 5:139-44. 2003....
- Microtensile bond strength of tooth-colored materials to primary tooth dentinPreenan Suwatviroj
University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Pediatr Dent 26:67-74. 2004..This study measured the microtensile bond strengths of 2 tooth-colored restorative materials with and without conditioning of primary teeth dentin, and examined the micromorphology of the debonded surfaces and material-dentin interfaces...
- The in vitro dentin bond strengths of two adhesive systems in class I cavities of human molarsToru Nikaido
Cariology and Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Adhes Dent 4:31-9. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the in vitro dentin bond strengths of two dentin bonding systems in Class I cavities following fatigue load cycling (FLC) with thermal cycling (TC)...
- Efficacy of a resin coating on bond strengths of resin cement to dentinPrimali R Jayasooriya
Cariology and Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Esthet Restor Dent 15:105-13; discussion 113. 2003....
- One-day bonding effectiveness of new self-etch adhesives to bur-cut enamel and dentinJan De Munck
Leuven BIOMAT Research Cluster, Department of Conservative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Maxillo Facial Surgery, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Oper Dent 30:39-49. 2005....
- Influence of the direction of tubules on bond strength to dentinM Ogata
Cariology and Operative Dentistry, Department of Restorative Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 5-45 Yushima 1-chome, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8549, Japan
Oper Dent 26:27-35. 2001..The tensile bond strength of the group with tubules parallel to the bonded interface was higher than that of tubules cut perpendicularly. This tendency reached statistical significance using SB and OS...
- Tensile bond strength of Er,Cr:YSGG laser-irradiated human dentin and analysis of dentin-resin interfaceBor Shiunn Lee
Graduate Institute of Clinical Dentistry, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University and National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Dent Mater 23:570-8. 2007....
- Influence of air abrasion and long-term storage on the bond strength of self-etching adhesives to dentinFabiana Mantovani Gomes França
Department of Restorative Dentistry, São Leopoldo Mandic School of Dentistry, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Oper Dent 32:217-24. 2007..Failure modes varied significantly among groups and were influenced by long-term storage and aluminum oxide air abrasion...
- Bonding of acid-etch and self-etch adhesives to human fluorosed dentineP G K Waidyasekera
Department of Restorative Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
J Dent 35:915-22. 2007....
- Resistance of ten contemporary adhesives to resin-dentine bond degradationRaquel Osorio
Department of Dental Materials, Campus de Cartuja s n, School of Dentistry, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
J Dent 36:163-9. 2008..To evaluate resin-dentine bond degradation after 1 year of water storage...
- Effect of chlorhexidine application on microtensile bond strength to dentinCarlos Jose Soares
Operative Dentistry and Dental Materials Department Dental School, Federal University of Uberlandia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Oper Dent 33:183-8. 2008..52; 2: 21.62+/-2.5; 1: 21.28+/-3.17; 3: 19.62+/-2.05; 4: 19.55+/-2.34. The use of chlorhexidine at concentrations of 0.12% and 2% before, after or associated with acid etching did not significantly affect the microTBS values to dentin...
- Influence of dentin acid-etching and NaOCl-treatment on bond strengths of self-etch adhesivesMaria Carolina G Erhardt
Department of Dental Materials, School of Dentistry, University of Granada, Spain
Am J Dent 21:44-8. 2008..To determine the microtensile bond strength (microTBS) of one- and two-step self-etch adhesives bonded to sound dentin conditioned or not with phosphoric acid (H3PO4) and sodium hypochlorite (H3PO4 + NaOCl)...
- Evaluation of microtensile bond strength of total-etch, self-etch, and glass ionomer adhesive to human dentin: an in vitro studyLakshmi Neelima
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Meenakshi Ammal Dental College and Hospital, Alapakkam Main Road, Maduravoyal, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian J Dent Res 19:129-33. 2008..Each tooth was sectioned to obtain 1 mm x 1 mm beams of dentin-resin samples. Tensile bond testing was done using a universal testing machine (Instron) at a cross-head speed of 0.5 mm/min...
- Influence of aging treatments on microtensile bond strength of adhesive systems to primary dentinRachel Rocha
Department of Stomatology, University of Santa Maria, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
J Dent Child (Chic) 74:109-12. 2007..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the in vitro influence of aging treatments on the microtensile bond strength of 2-step total-etch and self-etch adhesive systems to primary dentin...
- Tensile bond strength to primary dentin after different etching timesCarolina Paes Torres
Department of Pediatric Clinics, Preventive and Social Dentistry, School of Dentistry of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Dent Child (Chic) 74:113-7. 2007..The purpose of this study was to assess in vitro the effect of etching time on tensile bond strength to primary dentin...
- Sodium hypochlorite as dentin pretreatment for etch-and-rinse single-bottle and two-step self-etching adhesives: atomic force microscope and tensile bond strength evaluationAmr S Fawzy
Dental Biomaterials Department, Faculty of Dentistry, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
J Adhes Dent 10:135-44. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of using 5.25% commercial sodium hypochlorite treatment prior to the application of etch-and-rinse and self-etching adhesives on dentin surface microtopography and tensile bond strength...
- Four-year water degradation of a total-etch and two self-etching adhesives bonded to dentinAli I Abdalla
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Tanta, Tanta, Egypt
J Dent 36:611-7. 2008..To evaluate effect of direct and indirect water storage on the microtensile dentin bond strength of one total-etch and two self-etching adhesives...
- Bond strengths of three different dentin adhesive systems to sclerotic dentinSolen Karakaya
Department of Operative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
Dent Mater J 27:471-9. 2008..05), the bond strength values of Clearfil SE Bond and Scotchbond Multi-Purpose Plus were significantly decreased. On resin-dentin interface observation, different images were presented by different bonding systems...
- Technique sensitivity associated with air-drying of HEMA-free, single-bottle, one-step self-etch adhesivesN Hiraishi
Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Prince Philip Dental Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
Dent Mater 23:498-505. 2007..This study examined the effect of air-drying on bond strength to dentin and nanoleakage in resin-dentin interfaces using HEMA-free one-step self-etch adhesives...
- Bond strength of total-etch and self-etch dentin adhesive systems on peripheral and central dentinal tissue: a microtensile bond strength testC Yesilyurt
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Karadeniz Technical University, Trabzon, Turkey
J Contemp Dent Pract 7:26-36. 2006..In addition the interface between the adhesive resins and dentin was examined using scanning electron microscopy (SEM)...
- Effect of cyclic loading on the microtensile bond strengths of total-etch and self-etch adhesivesManuel Toledano
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
Oper Dent 31:25-32. 2006..To evaluate the effect of mechanical loading on the microtensile bond strength (MTBS) of five adhesive systems to dentin...
- Dentin bond strength of self-etching primers/adhesivesLuis Guilherme Sensi
Department of Operative Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
Oper Dent 30:63-8. 2005..OP resulted in the highest mean dentin SBS, while the other materials tested in this study (SE and ADH) presented similar dentin SBS to a total-etch one-bottle bonding system (SB)...
- Bonding to sound vs caries-affected dentin using photo- and dual-cure adhesivesEsra Can Say
Department of Operative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
Oper Dent 30:90-8. 2005..Resin infiltration into dentinal tubules of caries-affected dentin was hampered by the presence of mineral deposits...
- Influence of Carisolv on resin adhesion for two different adhesive systems to sound human primary dentin and young permanent dentinY Hosoya
Department of Developmental and Reconstructive Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, 1 7 1, Sakamoto, Nagasaki, 852 8588 Japan
J Dent 33:283-91. 2005..This study evaluated the influence of Carisolv (Medi Team) for resin adhesion to sound human primary and young permanent dentin...
- Effect of bleaching agents on bonding to pulp chamber dentineS Timpawat
Department of Operative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Int Endod J 38:211-7. 2005..To determine the effect of intracoronal bleaching agents on adhesion of bonding agents to pulp chamber dentine...
- Microtensile bond strength of a total-etching versus self-etching adhesive to caries-affected and intact dentin in primary teethSiriruk Nakornchai
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Am Dent Assoc 136:477-83. 2005..The objec tives of this study were to determine microtensile bond strengths of two dentin adhesives and to compare the micromorphological structure of the resin/dentin interface in caries-affected dentin with that of intact dentin...
- Seven-year dentin bond strengths of a total- and self-etch systemMichael F Burrow
School of Dental Science, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Eur J Oral Sci 113:265-70. 2005..It was concluded that systems which use a strong acid for demineralizing the dentin may show greater deterioration of the bond to dentin compared with a self-etching priming system...
- Shear bond strength of six restorative materialsM F Almuammar
King Fahad Hospital/National Guard, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Clin Pediatr Dent 25:221-5. 2001..The fracture mode is not related to the shear bond strengths values...
- Bonding strength to two different surfaces of dentin under simulated pulpal pressureS Belli
Department of Operative Dentistry, , School of Dentistry, Campus, Konya, Turkey
J Adhes Dent 3:145-52. 2001....
- Bonding effectiveness of adhesive luting agents to enamel and dentinK Hikita
Leuven BIOMAT Research Cluster, Department of Conservative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Oral Pathology and Maxillo Facial Surgery, Catholic University of Leuven, Kapucijnenvoer 7, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Dent Mater 23:71-80. 2007..The bonding effectiveness of five adhesive luting agents to enamel and dentin using different application procedures was determined using a micro-tensile bond strength protocol (microTBS)...
- Effect of smear layer thickness and pH of self-etching adhesive systems on the bond strength and gap formation to dentinSilvia Kenshima
Department of Dental Materials, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Adhes Dent 7:117-26. 2005..To measure the buffering capacity of self-etching adhesive systems and to evaluate the effect of smear layer thickness on the mean gap width (GW) and microtensile bond strength (microBS) to dentin of these self-etching adhesives...
- Influence of specimen size and regional variation on long-term resin-dentin bond strengthAlessandro D Loguercio
School of Dentistry, University of Oeste de Santa Catarina, Joacaba, SC, Brazil
Dent Mater 21:224-31. 2005..Verify whether the dimension of a bonded specimen stored prior microtensile testing and its regional variation may affect the resin-dentin bond strength (BS) over time...
- Effect of handpiece maintenance method on bond strengthHoward W Roberts
Dental Graduate Biomaterials, Marquette University, Milwaukee WI, USA
Oper Dent 30:528-32. 2005..Results indicated that within each of the bonding agents, there were no significant differences in bond strength between the control group and the treatment groups regardless of the type of handpiece or use of routine lubrication...
- Effect of dentin desensitizers and dentin bonding agents on dentin permeabilityP Jain
Department of Restorative Dentistry, SIU School of Dental Medicine, Alton, IL 62002, USA
Am J Dent 13:21-7. 2000To determine the effect of dentin desensitizing agents (oxalates and glutaraldehyde) and dentin bonding agents, with and without resin-based composite (RBC) on dentin permeability and morphology of the dentin surface...
- Shear bond strength of resin cements to both ceramic and dentinGregory P Stewart
Section of Dental Materials, Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, Southern Illinois University, Alton, Ill 62002, USA
J Prosthet Dent 88:277-84. 2002..All ceramic restorations benefit from resin cement bonding to the tooth. However, the literature is unclear on which cement, ceramic conditioning treatment, and dentin bonding agent produce the highest and longest-lasting bond strength...
- Direct dentin bonding technique sensitivity when using air/suction drying stepsPascal Magne
University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Division of Primary Oral Health Care, Los Angeles, CA 90089 7792, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 20:130-8; discussion 139-40. 2008Moisture control before and after application of the primer/adhesive components of etch-and-rinse dentin bonding agents is usually achieved using a stream of air delivered by an air syringe...
- Influence of previous provisional cementation on the bond strength between two definitive resin-based luting and dentin bonding agents and human dentinSelim Erkut
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Oper Dent 32:84-93. 2007..05). With regard to resin based luting systems, the shear bond strength values of the double-bond technique groups were not significantly different from the controls (p > 0.05)...
- Changes in dentin after insertion of self-threading titanium pins with 3 methods: a scanning electron microscope pilot studySanja Segović
Department of Endodontology and Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Zagreb, Croatia
J Prosthet Dent 87:182-8. 2002Inserting a self-threading pin can cause dentinal cracks, but it is not known whether dentin bonding agents can penetrate these cracks.
- Shear bond strength of two resin cements to human root dentin using three dentin bonding agentsC Gogos
Department of Endodontology, School of Dentistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Oper Dent 32:31-6. 2007..However, the bond strengths of resin cements, in combination with a self-etching bonding agent, were significantly greater than those of the same cements when used with one-bottle bonding agents...
- Clinical considerations of microleakageD H Pashley
Department of Oral Biology Physiology, School of Dentistry, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta
J Endod 16:70-7. 1990..However, its presence limits the strength of dentin bonding agents because of the relatively low cohesive forces holding the smear layer together and to dentin...
- 2000 Judson C. Hickey Scientific Writing Award. Effect of impression materials on hybridized dentinM Nahon
School of Dentistry, The Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Ga 30912 1260, USA
J Prosthet Dent 85:568-74. 2001Tooth sensitivity after crown preparation is not an uncommon complication. For dentin bonding agents to be effective in preventing postoperative sensitivity, they must remain intact throughout the fixed prosthodontic procedures.
- Effect of dentin bonding and ferrule preparation on the fracture strength of crowned teeth restored with dowels and amalgam coresFiliz Aykent
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 95:297-301. 2006..The effect of recently developed dentin bonding agents on the fracture resistance of endodontically treated teeth at the amalgam core/dentin junction is unclear.
- Cytotoxicity of one-step dentin-bonding agents toward dental pulp and odontoblast-like cellsY Yasuda
Division of Clinical Cariology and Endodontology, Department of Oral Rehabilitation, School of Dentistry, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Hokkaido, Japan
J Oral Rehabil 35:940-6. 2008..These results indicate that one-step dentin-bonding agents differ markedly in their cytotoxicity. Differential cytotoxic effects of one-step dentin-bonding agents should be considered during clinical application of operative restoration...
- New trends in dentin/enamel adhesionJ Perdigao
Division of Operative Dentistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Am J Dent 13:25D-30D. 2000..The bonding mechanism of recent dentin bonding agents is based on the penetration of ambiphilic molecules into acid-etched dentin to form a lacework of dentin ..
- The effect on shear bond strength of rewetting dry dentin with two desensitizersMohammed Q Al Qahtani
Department of Restorative Dental Science, King Saud University, College of Dentistry, Saudi Arabia
Oper Dent 28:287-96. 2003..desensitizing agents (Protect and HurriSeal) on the dentin shear bond strength of three total-etch dentin bonding agents (Syntac Single-Component, OptiBond Solo Plus and Prime & Bond NT) and compared both to applying these ..
- The use of resin cements in restorative dentistry to overcome retention problemsO el-Mowafy
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, 124 Edward St, Toronto, ON M5G 1G6
J Can Dent Assoc 67:97-102. 2001The use of resin cements in combination with dentin bonding agents can result in superior attachment of prostheses to tooth structure...
- Tensile bond strengths of fourth- and fifth-generation dentin adhesives with packable resin compositesS H Koh
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Dental Branch, 77030 3402, USA
J Esthet Restor Dent 13:379-86. 2001..would be simplified if a single-bottle dentin bonding agent, rather than the more complex, multiple-bottle dentin bonding agents, involving multiple steps, could be used successfully with adequate bond strength...
- A new adhesive technique for internal fixation in midfacial surgeryKira Endres
University Hospital Aachen, Dental Prosthetics Clinic, Medical Materials R and D Laboratory, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Biomed Eng Online 7:16. 2008..In order to achieve the adhesive bonding of bone cement to cortical bone in the viscerocranium, an amphiphilic bone bonding agent was created, analogous to the dentin bonding agents currently on the market.
- Comparison of microleakage on one composite etched with phosphoric acid or a combination of phosphoric and hydrofluoric acids and bonded with several different systemsSusanne Szep
Department of Operative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Prosthet Dent 89:161-9. 2003..There are no data available on whether or to what extent hydrofluoric acid affects the marginal integrity of dentin-bonded composite restorations when it is used instead of phosphoric acid in the total-etch technique...
- Effect of activation mode of dual-cured resin cements and low-viscosity composite liners on bond strength to dentinRubens Nazareno Garcia
Dental Materials Section, Dental School of UNIVALI, Itajai, SC, Brazil
J Dent 35:564-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of the activation mode of dual-cured resin cements and application of low-viscosity composite liners over self-primed dentin on bond strength (BS) of dentin-bonding agents (DBA)...
- Shear bond strength of amalgam reinforced with a bonding agent and/or dentin pinsDeniz Sen
Department of Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Prosthet Dent 87:446-50. 2002..The use of dentin pins can cause crazing in dentin. Bonding agents represent a more conservative approach to retention but may not ensure a comparable shear bond strength...
- The influence of salivary contamination on shear bond strength of dentin adhesive systemsJeong Won Park
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
Oper Dent 29:437-42. 2004..and investigated the effect of contaminant-removing treatments on the recovery of bond strength for two dentin bonding agents. One hundred and ten human molars were embedded in cylindrical molds with self-curing acrylic resin...
- Influence of three different sealants on root dentin demineralization in situChristian Ralf Gernhardt
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University School of Dental Medicine, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Grosse Steinstrasse 19, 06108 Halle, Germany
Am J Dent 20:390-3. 2007To evaluate in situ the onset of initial demineralization in human dentin pretreated either with two different dentin bonding agents or a desensitizer.
- Temperature change, dentinal fluid flow and cuspal displacement during resin composite restorationD N Ratih
School of Dental Science, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
J Oral Rehabil 34:693-701. 2007..From a clinical point of view, the light-emitting diode unit can be considered preferable to the QTH light, because it caused significantly smaller temperature increase, fluid shift and cuspal displacement...
- Resistance of two dentin-bonding agents and a dentin densensitizer to acid erosion in vitroP A Brunton
Unit of Operative Dentistry and Endodontology, University Dental Hospital of Manchester, Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester M15 6FH, UK
Dent Mater 16:351-5. 2000..To determine the resistance of two dentin-bonding agents (DBAs) and a dentin desensitizer to simulated dental erosion...
- A comparative study of fluoride uptake from dentin bonding agents and glass-ionomer cements in permanent and primary tooth enamelN Eronat
Department of Pedodontics, Aegean University, Faculty of Dentistry, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Quintessence Int 30:496-500. 1999..uptake in primary and permanent tooth enamel from 1 conventional glass-ionomer cement (Fuji II), 1 resin-modified glass-ionomer cement (Fuji II LC), and 2 fluoride-releasing dentin bonding agents (Liner Bond 2 and Optibond) in vitro.
- Polymerized bonding agents and the differentiation in vitro of human pulp cells into odontoblast-like cellsImad About
Laboratoire IMEB, Faculté d Odontologie, Universite de la Mediterranee, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Dent Mater 21:156-63. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of polymerized dentin bonding agents, through dentin slices, on odontoblast differentiation in vitro.
- Cytotoxicity of recent dentin bonding agents on mouse fibroblast cellsSias R Grobler
Oral and Dental Research Institute, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Western Cape, Tygersberg, South Africa
Quintessence Int 39:511-6. 2008..Xeno III was also tested through thin dentin disks...
- Comparison of antibacterial activity of two dentin bonding systems using agar well technique and tooth cavity modelF Ozer
Department of Operative Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Selcuk, Konya, Turkey
J Dent 31:111-6. 2003..This study compared the antibacterial activities of two dentin bonding systems (ABF, Kuraray and Reactmer Bond, Shofu) by a conventional agar well technique and a newly designed in vitro test using tooth model...
- Marginal adaptation of composite resins and dentinal bonding agentsJ M Davila
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Eastman Dental Center, Rochester, NY
ASDC J Dent Child 55:25-8. 1988The purpose of this in vitro study was to determine the bonding qualities of three commercially available dentin bonding agents, namely Dentin Adhesit/Heliomolar, Creation Bond/Visar Fil and Scotchbond/P30...
- Improved sealant retention with bonding agents: a clinical study of two-bottle and single-bottle systemsR J Feigal
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1078, USA
J Dent Res 79:1850-6. 2000..groups were analyzed for treatment effect: Tenure primer, Scotchbond Multi-Purpose, and 3 single-bottle dentin bonding agents as a third group...
- LASER ACOUSTIC EVALUATION OF DENTAL MATERIALS BONDINGEVAN GREENER; Fiscal Year: 1993..In addition, both conventional and LAETT test methods will be applied to quantify the dentin bonding strengths of commercial dentin bonding agents and their degradation under saline solution storage.
- Nano-aggregates Improve Contraction Stress & Toughness in Dental Composite ResinsValerie Lee; Fiscal Year: 2009..Despite the development of new dentin bonding agents, no system is able to currently withstand the formation of gaps at the tooth/restoration interface, due to ..
- Molecular/Mechanical Imaging of Dentin Bonding SubstrateYong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results from this work will provide critical, new insight into failure mechanisms at the dentin/adhesive interface; failure that can ultimately lead to premature breakdown of the composite restoration. ..
- Dentin/Adhesive Interface Structure/Property ImagingYong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biodurability of Dentin-Adhesive Resin Bond JointSteven Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Determinants of the Durability of Resin-Dentin BondsDavid Pashley; Fiscal Year: 2006..This should provide important new insight into designing more durable resin-dentin bonds that can justify the placement of resin-based posterior composites. ..
- HYBRIDIZED DENTIN: BIOMIMETIC MODELING AND OPTIMIZATIONJayalakshmi Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Binding studies between the ligands and collagen will be conducted by:1) a novel immunochemical binding assay developed by us; and 2) isothermal titration calorimetry, and related to computed interaction energy values. ..
- IMPROVED PREVENTIVE/RESTORATIVE RESINS AND COMPOSITESSABINE DICKENS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The data gathered in these experiments will serve to support a larger R01 grant application with the long-term objectives of developing improved durable materials for adhesives and adhesive composites. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RESIN-BASED REMINERALIZING CEMENTS AND COMPOSITESSABINE DICKENS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of this research will lead to Ca- PO4 cements and composites with improved adhesion to dentin and improved strength for ART and the treatment of root caries. ..
- Methyl Mercury Evaluation in Dental Waste WaterJames Drummond; Fiscal Year: 2003..Hypothesis: Element mercury released in DWW is converted to Hg(lI) and then in more limited amounts to methyl-mercury by specific biofilm bacterial species in the Dental sewage pipes. ..