Genomes and Genes
Summary: Group of chemokines with paired cysteines separated by a different amino acid. CXC chemokines are chemoattractants for neutrophils but not monocytes.
Publications250 found, 100 shown here
- Involvement of chemokine receptors in breast cancer metastasisA Muller
Department of Immunology, DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Nature 410:50-6. 2001..Our findings indicate that chemokines and their receptors have a critical role in determining the metastatic destination of tumour cells...
- The chemokine SDF-1/CXCL12 binds to and signals through the orphan receptor RDC1 in T lymphocytesKarl Balabanian
Unite d Immunologie Virale, Institut Pasteur, 75015 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 280:35760-6. 2005..In CXCR4-negative cells expressing RDC1, CXCL12 promotes internalization of the receptor and chemotactic signals through RDC1. Collectively, our data indicate that RDC1, which we propose to rename as CXCR7, is a receptor for CXCL12...
- Defects of B-cell lymphopoiesis and bone-marrow myelopoiesis in mice lacking the CXC chemokine PBSF/SDF-1T Nagasawa
Department of Immunology, Research Institute, Osaka Medical Center for Maternal and Child Health, Japan
Nature 382:635-8. 1996..In addition, the mutants had a cardiac ventricular septal defect. Hence, we have shown that the chemokine PBSF/SDF-1 has several essential functions in development...
- CXCR4-SDF-1 signalling, locomotion, chemotaxis and adhesionMagda Kucia
Stem Cell Biology Program, James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, KY 40202, USA
J Mol Histol 35:233-45. 2004..In this review, we focus on a role of the SDF-1-CXCR4 axis in regulating the metastatic behaviour of tumour cells and discuss the molecular mechanisms that are essential to this process...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1 effects on ex vivo expanded endothelial progenitor cell recruitment for ischemic neovascularizationJun-ichi Yamaguchi
Division of Cardiovascular Research and Medicine, St Elizabeth's Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass 02135, USA
Circulation 107:1322-8. 2003..0001). CONCLUSION: These findings indicate that locally delivered SDF-1 augments vasculogenesis and subsequently contributes to ischemic neovascularization in vivo by augmenting EPC recruitment in ischemic tissues...
- The role of CXC chemokines and their receptors in cancerJo Vandercappellen
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, University of Leuven, Minderbroedersstraat 10, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Cancer Lett 267:226-44. 2008..In contrast, most of the CXC chemokines without ELR motif bind to CXCR3 and are angiostatic...
- Effect of stromal-cell-derived factor 1 on stem-cell homing and tissue regeneration in ischaemic cardiomyopathyArman T Askari
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Lancet 362:697-703. 2003....
- Genetic content of wild-type human cytomegalovirusAidan Dolan
MRC Virology Unit, Institute of Virology, Church Street, Glasgow G11 5JR, UK
J Gen Virol 85:1301-12. 2004..The case in support of a lack of protein-coding potential in the region between UL105 and UL111A was also strengthened...
- Neutrophil recruitment by human IL-17 via C-X-C chemokine release in the airwaysM Laan
Lung Pharmacology Group, Department of Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Goteborg University, Sweden
J Immunol 162:2347-52. 1999....
- Matrix metalloproteinase activity inactivates the CXC chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1G A McQuibban
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oral Biological and Medical Sciences, Biomedical Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Biol Chem 276:43503-8. 2001..Here we report the N-terminal processing, also at position 4-5, of the CXC chemokines stromal cell-derived factor (SDF)-1alpha and beta by MMP-2 (gelatinase A)...
- Function of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 in haematopoiesis and in cerebellar developmentY R Zou
Division of Molecular Pathogenesis, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
Nature 393:595-9. 1998..These results may be important for designing strategies to block HIV entry into cells and for understanding mechanisms of pathogenesis in AIDS dementia...
- Embryonic expression and function of the chemokine SDF-1 and its receptor, CXCR4K E McGrath
Department of Pediatrics and Cancer Center, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, 14642, USA
Dev Biol 213:442-56. 1999..Migration occurred with an optimum dose similar to that found for adult hematopoietic cells and was dependent on the presence of SDF-1 in a gradient. This work suggests roles for chemokine signaling in multiple embryogenic events...
- The role of CXC chemokines in pulmonary fibrosisRobert M Strieter
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Clin Invest 117:549-56. 2007..These functions of CXC chemokines are important in the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis and other fibroproliferative disorders...
- Chemokine receptorsR Horuk
Department of Immunology, Berlex Bioscience, 15049 San Pablo Avenue, Richmond, CA 94804, USA
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 12:313-35. 2001....
- Stromal fibroblasts present in invasive human breast carcinomas promote tumor growth and angiogenesis through elevated SDF-1/CXCL12 secretionAkira Orimo
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Cell 121:335-48. 2005..Our findings indicate that fibroblasts within invasive breast carcinomas contribute to tumor promotion in large part through the secretion of SDF-1...
- CXCR4 regulates interneuron migration in the developing neocortexRalf K Stumm
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Otto von Guericke University, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurosci 23:5123-30. 2003..Thus, our findings suggest that SDF-1, which is highly expressed in the embryonic leptomeninx, selectively regulates migration and layer-specific integration of CXCR4-expressing interneurons during neocortical development...
- Role of the chemokine SDF-1 as the meningeal attractant for embryonic cerebellar neuronsYan Zhu
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, Box 8108, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nat Neurosci 5:719-20. 2002....
- CXC chemokines located in the 4q21 region are up-regulated in breast cancerIvan Bieche
INSERM, U844, Site Saint Eloi Bat INM, 80, rue Augustin Fliche, Montpellier F 34091, France
Endocr Relat Cancer 14:1039-52. 2007..Analysis of CXCL8 chromosomal location showed that several CXC chemokines (CXCL1, CXCL2, CXCL3, CXCL4, CXCL4V1, CXCL5, CXCL6, CXCL7, and CXCL8) were localized in the same narrow region ..
- Rapid inactivation of stromal cell-derived factor-1 by cathepsin G associated with lymphocytesM B Delgado
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 31:699-707. 2001..Owing to its availability on the surface of SDF-1-responsive cells and its rapid effect, cathepsin G is likely to play a significant role in down-regulating SDF-1 activity...
- Prostate carcinoma skeletal metastases: cross-talk between tumor and boneE T Keller
Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 20:333-49. 2001..This review focuses on the interaction between the bone and the prostate carcinoma cells that allow for development and progression of prostate carcinoma skeletal metastases...
- CXC chemokines and their receptors are expressed in type II cells and upregulated following lung injuryJeff N Vanderbilt
Cardiovascular Research Institute Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, Laurel Heights Campus, Suite 150, 3333 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 29:661-8. 2003The proinflammatory CXC chemokines GRO, CINC-2alpha, and macrophage inflammatory protein (MIP)-2 are a closely related family of neutrophil chemoattractants...
- Chemokine requirements for B cell entry to lymph nodes and Peyer's patchesTakaharu Okada
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Exp Med 196:65-75. 2002..These findings establish the principal chemokine and chemokine receptor requirements for B cell entry to lymph nodes and Peyer's patches...
- Current understanding of stem cell mobilization: the roles of chemokines, proteolytic enzymes, adhesion molecules, cytokines, and stromal cellsTsvee Lapidot
Department of Immunology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Exp Hematol 30:973-81. 2002..Furthermore, the central role of this chemokine in stem cell homing to the bone marrow as well as retention of undifferentiated cells within this tissue will also be discussed...
- CXCL1 induced by prostaglandin E2 promotes angiogenesis in colorectal cancerDingzhi Wang
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Exp Med 203:941-51. 2006..Collectively, our findings show for the first time that CXCL1 is regulated by PGE2 and indicate that CXCL1 inhibitors should be evaluated further as potential anti-angiogenic agents for treatment of CRC...
- DARC on RBC limits lung injury by balancing compartmental distribution of CXC chemokinesJörg Reutershan
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Eur J Immunol 39:1597-607. 2009The Duffy antigen receptor for chemokines (DARC) has a high affinity for CC and CXC chemokines. However, it lacks the ability to induce cell responses that are typical for classical chemokine receptors...
- Progenitor cell trafficking is regulated by hypoxic gradients through HIF-1 induction of SDF-1Daniel J Ceradini
Laboratory of Microvascular Research and Vascular Tissue Engineering, Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Nat Med 10:858-64. 2004..These data show that the recruitment of CXCR4-positive progenitor cells to regenerating tissues is mediated by hypoxic gradients via HIF-1-induced expression of SDF-1...
- The ligands of CXC chemokine receptor 3, I-TAC, Mig, and IP10, are natural antagonists for CCR3P Loetscher
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern, P O Box 99, CH 3000 Bern 9, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 276:2986-91. 2001..These results suggest that chemokines that attract Th1 cells via CXCR3 can concomitantly block the migration of Th2 cells in response to CCR3 ligands, thus enhancing the polarization of T cell recruitment...
- Follicular stromal cells and lymphocyte homing to folliclesJ G Cyster
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, 94143 0414, USA
Immunol Rev 176:181-93. 2000..Finally, we consider how antigen recognition causes T and B lymphocytes to undergo changes in chemokine responsiveness that may help direct their movements into, or out of, lymphoid follicles...
- Chemokines in human colorectal carcinomaP K Baier
University of Freiburg, Department of Surgery, Freiburg, Germany
Anticancer Res 25:3581-4. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether CK expression is altered in colorectal carcinomas compared to normal mucosa and to elucidate its possible clinico-pathological implications...
- Relation between CXCR-4 expression, Flt3 mutations, and unfavorable prognosis of adult acute myeloid leukemiaElwin J C Rombouts
Department of Hematology, Room Ee1391, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 104:550-7. 2004..These data suggest that the SDF-1/CXCR-4 axis may influence therapy responsiveness and defines unfavorable prognosis in AML...
- Meninges control tangential migration of hem-derived Cajal-Retzius cells via CXCL12/CXCR4 signalingVictor Borrell
Instituto de Neurociencias de Alicante, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas and Universidad Miguel Hernández, 03550 Sant Joan d Alacant, Spain
Nat Neurosci 9:1284-93. 2006..Thus, the meningeal membranes are fundamental in the development of Cajal-Retzius cells and, hence, in the normal development of the cerebral cortex...
- Molecular basis for hematopoietic/mesenchymal interaction during initiation of Peyer's patch organogenesisK Honda
Department of Molecular Genetics, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Syogoin Kawaharacho 53, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Exp Med 193:621-30. 2001..Thus, promotion of PP development relies on mutual interaction between mesenchymal and lymphoid cells...
- The CXC chemokines growth-regulated oncogene (GRO) alpha, GRObeta, GROgamma, neutrophil-activating peptide-2, and epithelial cell-derived neutrophil-activating peptide-78 are potent agonists for the type B, but not the type A, human interleukin-8 receptorS K Ahuja
Laboratory of Host Defenses, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 271:20545-50. 1996..potent neutrophil chemoattractants 40-90% identical in amino acid sequence that comprise a subgroup of human CXC chemokines defined by the conserved sequence motif glutamic acid-leucine-arginine (ELR)...
- Possible role of stromal-cell-derived factor-1/CXCR4 signaling on lymph node metastasis of oral squamous cell carcinomaDaisuke Uchida
Second Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tokushima University School of Dentistry, 3 18 15 Kuramoto, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
Exp Cell Res 290:289-302. 2003..These results indicate that SDF-1/CXCR4 signaling may be involved in the establishment of lymph node metastasis in oral SCC via activation of both ERK1/2 and Akt/PKB induced by SFKs...
- Serum levels of ifn-inducible PROTEIN-10 relating to the activity of systemic lupus erythematosusS Narumi
Department of Molecular Preventive Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cytokine 12:1561-5. 2000..These results suggest that serum IP-10 levels could be a good indicator for the activity of SLE and that IP-10 could play an important immunological role in SLE...
- Murine CXCR1 is a functional receptor for GCP-2/CXCL6 and interleukin-8/CXCL8Xuedong Fan
Inflammation Department, Discovery Technologies Department, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033, USA
J Biol Chem 282:11658-66. 2007..Similarly, CXC chemokines induce biological responses through the murine homolog of CXCR2, but the identification of functional rodent ..
- B cell-attracting chemokine 1, a human CXC chemokine expressed in lymphoid tissues, selectively attracts B lymphocytes via BLR1/CXCR5D F Legler
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern, CH 3000 Bern 9, Switzerland
J Exp Med 187:655-60. 1998..The mature protein shares 23-34% identical amino acids with known CXC chemokines and is constitutively expressed in secondary lymphoid organs...
- Apoptosis of CD8+ T cells is mediated by macrophages through interaction of HIV gp120 with chemokine receptor CXCR4G Herbein
The Picower Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York 11010, USA
Nature 395:189-94. 1998..These results indicate that the increased turnover of CD8+ T cells in HIV-infected subjects is mediated by the HIV envelope protein through the CXCR4 chemokine receptor...
- Myocardial homing and neovascularization by human bone marrow angioblasts is regulated by IL-8/Gro CXC chemokinesA A Kocher
Department of Surgery, Medicine, and Pathology, Columbia University, New York, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 40:455-64. 2006..Together, our results indicate that CXC chemokines play a central role in regulating vasculogenesis in the adult, and suggest that manipulation of interactions ..
- A novel chemokine receptor for SDF-1 and I-TAC involved in cell survival, cell adhesion, and tumor developmentJennifer M Burns
ChemoCentryx, Inc, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
J Exp Med 203:2201-13. 2006....
- Differing activities of homeostatic chemokines CCL19, CCL21, and CXCL12 in lymphocyte and dendritic cell recruitment and lymphoid neogenesisSanjiv A Luther
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0414, USA
J Immunol 169:424-33. 2002....
- Radiation-induced CXCL16 release by breast cancer cells attracts effector T cellsSatoko Matsumura
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, USA
J Immunol 181:3099-107. 2008..The ability of IR to convert tumors into "inflamed" peripheral tissues could be exploited to overcome obstacles at the effector phase of the antitumor immune response and improve the therapeutic efficacy of immunotherapy...
- SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 axis is instrumental in neointimal hyperplasia and recruitment of smooth muscle progenitor cellsAlma Zernecke
Department of Molecular Cardiovascular Research, University Hospital, Rheinisch Westfalische Technische Hochschule, Aachen, Germany
Circ Res 96:784-91. 2005....
- Expression of the CXCR3 ligand I-TAC by hepatocytes in chronic hepatitis C and its correlation with hepatic inflammationKarla J Helbig
Infectious Diseases Laboratories, Adelaide, Australia
Hepatology 39:1220-9. 2004....
- Blockade of the chemokine receptor CXCR2 inhibits pancreatic cancer cell-induced angiogenesisMoritz N Wente
Department of General Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Lett 241:221-7. 2006A central feature of all solid tumor growth is the presence of neovascularization. The CXC chemokines GRO-gamma/CXCL3, ENA-78/CXCL5, and IL-8/CXCL8 have profound angiogenic potential mediated through the CXCR2 receptor...
- Expression and regulation of chemokine receptors in human natural killer cellsM Inngjerdingen
Department of Anatomy, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Oslo, Norway
Blood 97:367-75. 2001..Our results may have implications for the dissemination of NK cells at the sites of tumor growth or viral replication. (Blood. 2001;97:367-375)..
- VEGF-induced adult neovascularization: recruitment, retention, and role of accessory cellsMyriam Grunewald
Department of Molecular Biology, Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Cell 124:175-89. 2006..Together, the data suggest a model for VEGF-programmed adult neovascularization highlighting the essential paracrine role of recruited myeloid cells and a role for SDF1 in their perivascular retention...
- CXC chemokines in angiogenesis of cancerRobert M Strieter
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Semin Cancer Biol 14:195-200. 2004..In this review we will appraise the biology of these angiogenic and angiostatic CXC chemokines, and discuss their disparate angiogenic activity in the context of the pathogenesis of cancer.
- Serum concentrations of the CXC chemokines interleukin 8 and growth-regulated oncogene-alpha are elevated in patients with systemic sclerosisShinobu Furuse
Department of Dermatology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Ishikawa, Japan
J Rheumatol 30:1524-8. 2003OBJECTIVE: To determine whether serum concentrations of 2 CXC chemokines, interleukin 8 (IL-8) and growth-regulated oncogene-alpha (GRO-alpha), which are potent chemoattractants and activators for neutrophils, are elevated and whether ..
- CXCR3 expression and activation of eosinophils: role of IFN-gamma-inducible protein-10 and monokine induced by IFN-gammaT Jinquan
Laboratory of Medical Allergology, Allergy Unit, National University Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Immunol 165:1548-56. 2000....
- Stromal cell-derived factor 1, a novel target of estrogen receptor action, mediates the mitogenic effects of estradiol in ovarian and breast cancer cellsJulie M Hall
Receptor Biology Section, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:792-803. 2003....
- CXCL13 is required for B1 cell homing, natural antibody production, and body cavity immunityK Mark Ansel
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Immunity 16:67-76. 2002..These findings provide insight into the mechanism of B1 cell homing and establish a critical role for B1 cell compartmentalization in the production of natural antibodies and for body cavity immunity...
- Role of chemokines in angiogenesis: CXCL12/SDF-1 and CXCR4 interaction, a key regulator of endothelial cell responsesRosalba Salcedo
Laboratory of Molecular Immunoregulation, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, Frederick, MD 21702-1201, USA
Microcirculation 10:359-70. 2003....
- Blockade of the stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCR4 axis attenuates in vivo tumor growth by inhibiting angiogenesis in a vascular endothelial growth factor-independent mannerBayasi Guleng
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Hongo, Japan
Cancer Res 65:5864-71. 2005....
- IL-21 induces tumor rejection by specific CTL and IFN-gamma-dependent CXC chemokines in syngeneic miceEmma Di Carlo
Dipartimento di Oncologia e Neuroscienze, Universita di Chieti, Chieti, Italy
J Immunol 172:1540-7. 2004..At day 7, CD8(+) and CD4(+) T cells increased together with IFN-gamma, and the CXC chemokines IFN-gamma-inducible protein 10, monokine induced by IFN-gamma, and IFN-inducible T cell alpha-chemoattractant...
- One nucleotide in a kappaB site can determine cofactor specificity for NF-kappaB dimersThomas H Leung
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Cell 118:453-64. 2004..This suggests that binding sites may impart a specific configuration to bound transcription factors...
- The stromal derived factor-1/CXCL12-CXC chemokine receptor 4 biological axis in non-small cell lung cancer metastasesRoderick J Phillips
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 90024, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:1676-86. 2003..These data suggest that the CXCL12-CXCR4 biological axis is involved in regulating the metastasis of non-small cell lung cancer...
- CXC chemokines bind to unique sets of selectivity determinants that can function independently and are broadly distributed on multiple domains of human interleukin-8 receptor B. Determinants of high affinity binding and receptor activation are distinctS K Ahuja
Laboratory of Host Defenses, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 271:225-32. 1996..sequences (77% amino acid identity) and similar G protein selectivity, but markedly different selectivity for CXC chemokines. IL-8RB is selective for IL-8, growth-related oncogene alpha (GRO alpha) and neutrophil-activating peptide-2 (..
- Characterization of contraction-inducible CXC chemokines and their roles in C2C12 myocytesTaku Nedachi
Center for Research Strategy and Support CRESS, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 297:E866-78. 2009..In an effort to investigate the regulatory mechanisms of the expressions of two contraction-inducible CXC chemokines, CXCL1/KC and CXCL5/LIX, in contracting skeletal muscle cells, we took advantage of our in vitro exercise ..
- Syndecan-1 shedding facilitates the resolution of neutrophilic inflammation by removing sequestered CXC chemokinesKazutaka Hayashida
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 114:3033-43. 2009..However, high levels of CXC chemokines (KC and MIP-2), particularly at later times after LPS, were specifically sustained in multiple organs in ..
- Thymic stromal lymphopoietin receptor-mediated IL-6 and CC/CXC chemokines expression in human airway smooth muscle cells: role of MAPKs (ERK1/2, p38, and JNK) and STAT3 pathwaysLianyu Shan
Department of Immunology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Immunol 184:7134-43. 2010..In addition, it may be inferred that TSLPR is involved in the pathogenesis of allergic asthma through the activation of HASM cells by TSLP...
- A highly efficacious lymphocyte chemoattractant, stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1)C C Bleul
The Center for Blood Research, Harvard Medical School, Department of Pathology, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Exp Med 184:1101-9. 1996..Since SDF-1 is expressed constitutively in a broad range of tissues it may have a role in immune surveillance and in basal extravasation of lymphocytes and monocytes rather than in inflammation...
- Hepatic expression of CXC chemokines predicts portal hypertension and survival in patients with alcoholic hepatitisMarlene Dominguez
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Ciber de Enfermedades Hepaticas y Digestivas, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Gastroenterology 136:1639-50. 2009..We performed a prospective study to associate hepatic expression of the CXC subfamily of chemokines with histology findings and prognosis of patients with AH...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1 alpha and stem cell factor/kit ligand share signaling pathways in hemopoietic progenitors: a potential mechanism for cooperative induction of chemotaxisP Dutt
Division of Experimental Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Immunol 161:3652-8. 1998..Such cooperativity in downstream signaling pathways may explain the enhanced chemotaxis of progenitors observed with SDF-1alpha in combination with SCF/KL...
- Macrophage-specific metalloelastase (MMP-12) truncates and inactivates ELR+ CXC chemokines and generates CCL2, -7, -8, and -13 antagonists: potential role of the macrophage in terminating polymorphonuclear leukocyte influxRichard A Dean
Departments ofOral Biological and Medical Sciences, Centre for Blood Research, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Blood 112:3455-64. 2008..MMP-12 specifically cleaves human ELR(+) CXC chemokines (CXCL1, -2, -3, -5, and -8) at E-LR, the critical receptor-binding motif or, for CXCL6, carboxyl-terminal to ..
- Impaired B-lymphopoiesis, myelopoiesis, and derailed cerebellar neuron migration in CXCR4- and SDF-1-deficient miceQ Ma
The Center for Blood Research and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:9448-53. 1998..This receptor-ligand selectivity is unusual among chemokines and their receptors, as is the function in migration of nonhematopoietic cells...
- The lymphocyte chemoattractant SDF-1 is a ligand for LESTR/fusin and blocks HIV-1 entryC C Bleul
The Center for Blood Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 382:829-33. 1996....
- The chemokine receptor CXCR4 is essential for vascularization of the gastrointestinal tractK Tachibana
Department of Immunology, Research Institute, Osaka Medical Center for Maternal and Child Health, Izumi, Japan
Nature 393:591-4. 1998..We conclude that PBSF/SDF-1 and CXCR4 define a new signalling system for organ vascularization...
- Diverse transcriptional response of CD4(+) T cells to stromal cell-derived factor (SDF)-1: cell survival promotion and priming effects of SDF-1 on CD4(+) T cellsY Suzuki
Experimental Retrovirology Section, Center for Cancer Research and HIV and AIDS Malignancy Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 167:3064-73. 2001..SDF-1 also primed resting CD4(+) T cells for cytokine- and TCR-mediated stimuli. These data suggest that the SDF-1-mediated cell survival combined with its priming function would set T cells to respond to immunologic challenges...
- Chemokine production during hypersensitivity pneumonitisStephanie Nance
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Department of Molecular Sciences, Memphis 38163, USA
Eur J Immunol 34:677-85. 2004..These results suggest that IFN-gamma mediates the recruitment of CXCR3+/CD4+ T cells into the lung via production of the chemokines IP-10, Mig, and I-TAC, resulting in granuloma formation...
- Crucial role of stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha in neointima formation after vascular injury in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceAndreas Schober
Department of Molecular Cardiovascular Research, University Hospital, , Aachen, Germany
Circulation 108:2491-7. 2003..This contribution appears to be attributable to SDF-1alpha-dependent recruitment of circulating SMC progenitor cells...
- Stromal cell-derived factor 1-mediated CXCR4 signaling in rat and human cortical neural progenitor cellsHui Peng
Laboratory of Neurotoxicology, The Center for Neurovirology and Neurodegenerative Disorders, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 5215, USA
J Neurosci Res 76:35-50. 2004..Ultimately, this study suggested that SDF-1alpha can influence NPC function through CXCR4 and that CXCR4 is functional on NPC...
- G protein-coupled chemokine receptors induce both survival and apoptotic signaling pathwaysStacey R Vlahakis
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Immunology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Immunol 169:5546-54. 2002..Thus, G(ialpha) protein-coupled chemokine receptors can function as death prone receptors and the balance between the above signaling pathways will ultimately mandate the fate of the activated cell...
- CXCR6 induces prostate cancer progression by the AKT/mammalian target of rapamycin signaling pathwayJianhua Wang
Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Institute of Medical Sciences, Shanghai, PR China
Cancer Res 68:10367-76. 2008..Blocking the CXCR6/AKT/mTOR signaling pathway may prove beneficial to prevent metastasis and provide a more effective therapeutic strategy for PCa...
- Multiple actions of the chemokine CXCL12 on epithelial tumor cells in human ovarian cancerChris J Scotton
Cancer Research U.K, Translational Oncology Laboratory, Bart's and The London, Queen Mary's School of Medicine and Dentistry, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 62:5930-8. 2002....
- Nitric oxide cytoskeletal-induced alterations reverse the endothelial progenitor cell migratory defect associated with diabetesMark S Segal
Division of Nephrology, Hypertension and Transplantation, University of Florida, P O Box 100224, Gainesville, FL 32610 0267, USA
Diabetes 55:102-9. 2006..This inability of diabetic EPCs to respond to SDF-1 may contribute to aberrant tissue vascularization and endothelial repair in diabetic patients...
- Functional response of leukaemic blasts to stromal cell-derived factor-1 correlates with preferential expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 in acute myelomonocytic and lymphoblastic leukaemiaR Mohle
Department of Medicine II, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, and Department of Medicine A, University of Munster, Germany
Br J Haematol 110:563-72. 2000..SDF-1 may contribute to leukaemic marrow infiltration, as suggested by increased CXCR4 expression and migratory response in BM-derived blasts compared with circulating cells...
- IFN-producing cells respond to CXCR3 ligands in the presence of CXCL12 and secrete inflammatory chemokines upon activationAnne Krug
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Immunol 169:6079-83. 2002..Upon pathogen encounter, IPC positioning within the lymph node may be further directed by CCR7 and IPC secretion of inflammatory chemokines may attract other IPC, promoting cluster formation in lymph nodes...
- CC and CXC chemokines in breastmilk are associated with mother-to-child HIV-1 transmissionCarey Farquhar
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, 98104, USA
Curr HIV Res 3:361-9. 2005CC and CXC chemokines may play a role in mother-to-child HIV-1 transmission by blocking HIV-1 binding to chemokine receptors and impeding viral entry into cells.
- Signalling pathways involved in the chemotactic activity of CXCL12 in cultured rat cerebellar neurons and CHP100 neuroepithelioma cellsFrancesca Floridi
Dipartimento di Fisiologia Umana e Farmacologia, , 5, I-00185, Rome, Italy
J Neuroimmunol 135:38-46. 2003..We demonstrate that the inhibition of either the ERK kinase or the PI3-K pathways blocks the CXCL12 induced-chemotaxis in CHP100 cells; while only PI3-K activity is stringently necessary for CGN migration...
- Expression of CXCR4, the receptor for stromal cell-derived factor-1 on fetal and adult human lympho-hematopoietic progenitorsA Aiuti
Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy, Scientific Institute H S Raffaele, Milano, Italy
Eur J Immunol 29:1823-31. 1999..In conclusion, our results suggest that CXCR4 may play an important role in the local and systemic trafficking of human CD34+ cells as well as in human B lymphopoiesis and that its expression can be modulated by cytokines...
- High-level expression of functional chemokine receptor CXCR4 on human neural precursor cellsHsiao T Ni
Stem Cell Group, R and D Systems, Inc, Minneapolis, MN 55413, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 152:159-69. 2004..Treatment with anti-CXCR4 antibody or HIV-1 gp120 abolished the migratory response of NPCs towards CXCL12/SDF-1alpha. These findings suggest that CXCR4 may play a significant role in directing NPC migration during CNS development...
- Expression of macrophage inflammatory protein-3alpha, stromal cell-derived factor-1, and B-cell-attracting chemokine-1 identifies the tonsil crypt as an attractive site for B cellsM Casamayor-Palleja
INSERM U404, Immunité et Vaccination, Ave Tony Garnier, 69365, Lyon, Cedex 07, France
Blood 97:3992-4. 2001..Blood. 2001;97:3992-3994)..
- Leukocyte infiltration, but not neurodegeneration, in the CNS of transgenic mice with astrocyte production of the CXC chemokine ligand 10Kaan Boztug
Department of Neuropharmacology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 169:1505-15. 2002..Finally, the accumulation of neutrophils in the brain of GF-CXCL10 transgenic mice is apparently independent of CXCR3 and involves an unknown mechanism...
- CXC chemokines and their receptors: a case for a significant biological role in cutaneous wound healingSnjezana Zaja-Milatovic
Department of Veterans Affairs, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Histol Histopathol 23:1399-407. 2008..Murine excision wound healing, chemical burn wounds and skin organ culture systems are valuable models for examining the role of inflammatory cytokines and chemokines in wound healing...
- Expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR3 and its ligand IP-10 during human cardiac allograft rejectionM Melter
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital, and the Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Circulation 104:2558-64. 2001..Chemokines play an essential role in regulating the infiltration of leukocytes into allografts in experimental models. Little is known of their expression or function after human cardiac transplantation...
- Production of biologically active CXC chemokines by Lactococcus lactis: evaluation of its potential as a novel mucosal vaccine adjuvantNaima G Cortes-Perez
INRA 0910, 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
Vaccine 26:5778-83. 2008..Mig and IP-10 are two CXC chemokines that recruit mononuclear cells in vivo and inhibit angiogenesis...
- The integrin alphaMbeta2 anchors hematopoietic progenitors in the bone marrow during enforced mobilizationAndres Hidalgo
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1079, New York, NY 10029, USA
Blood 104:993-1001. 2004..Taken together, these data suggest that the integrin alphaMbeta2 participates in the retention of HPCs in the BM...
- CXC chemokines in angiogenesis relevant to chronic fibroproliferationRobert M Strieter
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1922, USA
Curr Drug Targets Inflamm Allergy 4:23-6. 2005The CXC chemokines are an unique family of cytokines known for their ability to behave in a disparate manner in the regulation of angiogenesis...
- Stromal cell-derived factor 1 (CXCL12) induces human cell migration into human lymph nodes transplanted into SCID miceMark C Blades
Rheumatology Unit, Guy's, King's and St. Thomas, School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 168:4308-17. 2002..This model provides a powerful tool to investigate the pathways involved in cell migration into lymphoid organs and potentially to target them for therapeutic purposes...
- The chemokine receptor CXCR2 controls positioning of oligodendrocyte precursors in developing spinal cord by arresting their migrationHui Hsin Tsai
Department of Neurosciences, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Cell 110:373-83. 2002..These data suggest that population of presumptive white matter by oligodendrocyte precursors is dependent on localized expression of CXCL1...
- Differential expression of chemokines and chemokine receptors shapes the inflammatory response in rejecting human liver transplantsS Goddard
Liver Research Laboratories, MRC Centre for Immune Regulation, The University of Birmingham, UK
Transplantation 72:1957-67. 2001..Although ligands for the receptors CXCR3 and CCR5 are important for recruitment, the restriction of SDF to bile ducts suggests that CXCR4 may be involved in the retention of alloactivated lymphocytes at sites of graft damage...
- In vivo evolution of HIV-1 co-receptor usage and sensitivity to chemokine-mediated suppressionG Scarlatti
Unit of Immunobiology of HIV, DIBIT, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Nat Med 3:1259-65. 1997..These results suggest an adaptive evolution of HIV-1 in vivo, leading to escape from the control of the antiviral C-C chemokines...
- Production of stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1)and expression of CXCR4 in human bone marrow endothelial cellsHwan Jung Yun
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University, Daejon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 18:679-85. 2003..However, cultured BMECs and BMEC-1 cells did not express CXCR4 on their surfaces. These results indicate that BMECs produce and release small amounts of SDF-1 and express CXCR4 in vivo only...
- HGF, SDF-1, and MMP-9 are involved in stress-induced human CD34+ stem cell recruitment to the liverOrit Kollet
Department of Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Clin Invest 112:160-9. 2003..Our results suggest the potential of hematopoietic CD34+/CXCR4+cells to respond to stress signals from nonhematopoietic injured organs as an important mechanism for tissue targeting and repair...
- Negative regulation of eosinophil recruitment to the lung by the chemokine monokine induced by IFN-gamma (Mig, CXCL9)Patricia C Fulkerson
Department of Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry, and Microbiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Bethesda Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45257 0524, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:1987-92. 2004..The identification of a naturally occurring eosinophil inhibitory chemokine pathway in vivo provides a strategic basis for future therapeutic consideration...
- Impaired chemokine-induced migration during T-cell development in the absence of Jak 3Gloria Soldevila
Departamento de Inmunologia, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico
Immunology 112:191-200. 2004....
- Differential expression of chemokine receptors on peripheral blood B cells from patients with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosusMaren Henneken
Deutsches Rheuma ForschungsZentrum, Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R1001-13. 2005..However, differences between patients with RA and patients with SLE point toward a disease-specific regulation of receptor expression. These differences may influence the migrational behavior of B cells...
- Chemokine receptors are expressed widely by embryonic and adult neural progenitor cellsPhuong B Tran
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurosci Res 76:20-34. 2004....
- Spatial and temporal expression of ligands for CXCR3 and CXCR4 in human endometriumKotaro Kitaya
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Koto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2470-6. 2004..The results suggest that Mig and IP-10 may be involved in the recruitment of natural killer cells or other phenomena in the human endometrium...
- CCR8 on human thymocytes functions as a human immunodeficiency virus type 1 coreceptorS Lee
Division of Viral Products, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 74:6946-52. 2000..Our data provide the first evidence that CCR8 functions as an HIV-1 coreceptor on primary human cells and suggest that CCR8 may contribute to HIV-1-induced thymic pathogenesis...
- Quercetin and Innate Immune Responses in COPDUmadevi Sajjan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Underlying cellular and biochemical mechanisms will also be examined. This proposal may lead to a new nutraceutical treatment for COPD. ..
- Quercetin and Innate Immune Responses in COPDUMADEVI SIVANAPPA SAJJAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Underlying cellular and biochemical mechanisms will also be examined. This proposal may lead to a new nutraceutical treatment for COPD. ..
- REGULATION OF CXC CHEMOKINE EXPRESSION BY H. PYLORIYoshio Yamaoka; Fiscal Year: 2010..Here, we propose to determine how OipA and the cag PAI induce CXC chemokines using isolated gastric epithelial cells...
- NEUTROPHIL-INDUCED LIVER INJURY TOXICITYHartmut Jaeschke; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, CXC chemokines are responsible for extravasation into the parenchyma and are a key signal for the attack on individual ..
- Host Response in S. aureus Infections: Role of T cellsArthur Tzianabos; Fiscal Year: 2006..This capsule can activate CD4+ T cells and induce the production of CXC chemokines, peptides that activate and recruit PMNs to sites of inflammation...
- ELR-CXC Chemokines In Lung Antibacterial Host DefenseTheodore Standiford; Fiscal Year: 2005..While ELR-CXC chemokines have been shown to be expressed during the generation of Th1 cell-mediated immune responses against ..
- Bronchial Angiogenesis in the Ischemic LungAdlah Sukkar; Fiscal Year: 2007..in mice after chronic left pulmonary artery ligation (LPAL) where inflammatory cytokines, predominantly ELR+ CXC chemokines, appear to play a role in intercostal artery angiogenesis...
- Bronchial Vascular Proliferation and FunctionElizabeth Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2011..laboratory has studied systemic angiogenesis in mice after chronic left pulmonary artery ligation where ELR+ CXC chemokines appear to play a role in intercostal artery angiogenesis...
- Bronchial Vascular Proliferation and FunctionElizabeth Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2010..laboratory has studied systemic angiogenesis in mice after chronic left pulmonary artery ligation where ELR+ CXC chemokines appear to play a role in intercostal artery angiogenesis...
- IL-8 in chondrocalcinosisRU BRYAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..The completion of this study has the potential to provide a foundation for novel chemokine and signal transduction-based therapeutic strategies for treatment of chondrocalcinosis in OA and aging. ..
- Molecular regulation of immune complex diseaseJoerg Koehl; Fiscal Year: 2009..Engagement of activating FcgammaR and C5aR induces the release of the CXC chemokines KC and MIP- 2 by resident peritoneal mast cells and macrophages, which play an important role in neutrophil ..
- A New Pathway for Neutrophil-induced Airway InflammationJ Edwin Blalock; Fiscal Year: 2010..chemotactic activity of PGP may be due to a marked structural relatedness to a receptor binding domain of ELR+ CXC chemokines such as IL-8 which contain this collagen sequence or a close analog...
- CNS Pathobiology of IFN-inducible non-ELR CXC ChemokinesIain Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results from our studies will fill in large gaps in our current knowledge and provide important new information as to the CNS pathobiology of the IFN-gamma-inducible non-ELR CXC chemokines.
- Regulation of Chemokine Mediated Leukocyte FunctionsMicheler Ricardo Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2010..CXCR1 is specific for CXCL8 whereas CXCR2 binds six different CXC chemokines to activate leukocyte functions. Upon activation, CXCR2 scaffolds with several regulatory proteins (i.e...
- CXC CHEMOKINES AND LIVER REGENERATIONLisa Colletti; Fiscal Year: 2002..Inflammatory mediators, such as the CXC chemokines, are essential in the response to hepatic injury...
- IL-17 and Klebsiella PneumoniaJUDD SHELLITO; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Specific Aim 2, we will show that IL-17 enhances host release of CXC chemokines and recruitment of neutrophils in response to K. Pneumoniae...
- C-X-C Chemokines and Kaposi's SarcomaDAVID MARKOVITZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work thus has the potential to link KSHV, growth factors, and HIV/Tat in the pathogenesis of KS, and to suggest new avenues for the treatment of this complex neoplasm. ..
- THE ROLE OF CXC CHEMOKINES IN INVASIVE ASPERGILLOSISBorna Mehrad; Fiscal Year: 2004..proposal is that the influx of neutrophils into the lung in invasive pulmonary aspergillosis is mediated by CXC chemokines, and that manipulation of these ligands or their receptor will significantly impact the outcome of infection...
- Bcl-2 and CXC Chemokines in Head /Neck Tumor Angiogenesis /MetastasisJacques Nor; Fiscal Year: 2007..endothelial cells that overexpress Bcl-2 become more angiogenic, and secrete high levels of the pro-angiogenic CXC chemokines interteukin (IL-8), and growth related oncogene GRO-alpha...
- Rhinovirus and Airway Epithelial Cell ResponsesMARC HERSHENSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..Understanding RV-induced asthma exacerbations will lead to improvements in the treatment of this disease. ..