Genomes and Genes
brain natriuretic peptide
Summary: A PEPTIDE that is secreted by the BRAIN and the HEART ATRIA, stored mainly in cardiac ventricular MYOCARDIUM. It can cause NATRIURESIS; DIURESIS; VASODILATION; and inhibits secretion of RENIN and ALDOSTERONE. It improves heart function. It contains 32 AMINO ACIDS.
Publications387 found, 100 shown here
- Natriuretic peptidesLori B Daniels
Division of Cardiology, University of California at San Diego, and Veteran s Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, California 92037 1300, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:2357-68. 2007..Knowing a patient's NP levels might thus assist with hemodynamic assessment and subsequent treatment titration. Monitoring NP levels in the outpatient setting might also improve patient care and outcomes...
- B-type natriuretic peptide in cardiovascular diseaseJames A de Lemos
Donald W Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center and Department of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9047, USA
Lancet 362:316-22. 2003....
- Plasma natriuretic peptide levels and the risk of cardiovascular events and deathThomas J Wang
Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, MA 01702 5827, USA
N Engl J Med 350:655-63. 2004..The prognostic significance of plasma natriuretic peptide levels in apparently asymptomatic persons has not been established...
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide: an independent risk predictor of cardiovascular congestion, mortality, and adverse cardiovascular outcomes in chronic peritoneal dialysis patientsAngela Yee Moon Wang
Department of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:321-30. 2007This study was performed to determine whether the N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro-BNP) is a useful biomarker in predicting cardiovascular congestion, mortality, and cardiovascular death and event in chronic peritoneal ..
- Brain natriuretic peptide is a prognostic parameter in chronic lung diseaseHanno H Leuchte
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine I, Ludwig Maximilians University, Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 173:744-50. 2006..The brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) has been suggested as a noninvasive marker for the presence and severity of pulmonary hypertension.
- Effect of competitive marathon cycling on plasma N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide and cardiac troponin T in healthy recreational cyclistsGuenther Neumayr
Institute of Sports Medicine and Cardiovascular Medicine, University Clinics of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Cardiol 96:732-5. 2005For a further depiction of exercise-induced cardiac dysfunction, N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro-BNP) and cardiac troponin T (cTnT) were measured in recreational cyclists (n = 29) during the Otztal Radmarathon 2004...
- Impact of obesity on plasma natriuretic peptide levelsThomas J Wang
Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, Mass 01702, USA
Circulation 109:594-600. 2004..The natriuretic peptides are important regulators of sodium homeostasis and neurohormonal activation, raising the possibility that obese individuals have an impaired natriuretic peptide response...
- Brain natriuretic peptide for the prediction of sudden cardiac death and ventricular arrhythmias: a meta-analysisPaul A Scott
Wessex Cardiothoracic Unit, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Eur J Heart Fail 11:958-66. 2009The risk stratification of patients for sudden cardiac death (SCD) remains a challenge. Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) predicts overall mortality in heart disease but it is unclear how well it predicts SCD...
- N-terminal-pro-brain natriuretic peptide predicts outcome after hospital discharge in heart failure patientsPaulo Bettencourt
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Serviço de Medicina B Hospital S João, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade do Porto, Unidade I and D Cardiovascular do Porto, Porto, Portugal
Circulation 110:2168-74. 2004Heart failure (HF) is responsible for a huge burden in hospital care. Our goal was to evaluate the value of N-terminal-pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) in predicting death or hospital readmission after discharge of HF patients.
- Independent elevations of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide and cardiac troponins in endurance athletes after prolonged strenuous exerciseJurgen Scharhag
Institute of Sports and Preventive Medicine, University of Saarland, Saarbrücken Homburg, Germany
Am Heart J 150:1128-34. 2005Although elevated resting brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) concentrations reflect heart disease, the meaning of exercise-induced increases is poorly understood and has been examined in small groups only...
- The influence of age, sex and other variables on the plasma level of N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide in a large sample of the general populationI Raymond
Department of Cardiology and Endocrinology, Copenhagen University Hospital Frederiksberg, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Heart 89:745-51. 2003To identify potentially confounding variables for the interpretation of plasma N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP).
- Direct comparison of B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) and amino-terminal proBNP in a large population of patients with chronic and symptomatic heart failure: the Valsartan Heart Failure (Val-HeFT) dataSerge Masson
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
Clin Chem 52:1528-38. 2006..This work aimed to provide a direct comparison of the prognostic value of BNP and NT-proBNP in patients with chronic and stable HF...
- Plasma brain natriuretic peptide-guided therapy to improve outcome in heart failure: the STARS-BNP Multicenter StudyPatrick Jourdain
Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1733-9. 2007The aim of this multicenter study was to evaluate the prognostic impact of a therapeutic strategy using plasma brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels.
- Intravenous iron reduces NT-pro-brain natriuretic peptide in anemic patients with chronic heart failure and renal insufficiencyJorge Eduardo Toblli
Hospital Aleman, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:1657-65. 2007..was to evaluate in a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study possible modifications in NT-pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) and C-reactive protein (CRP) levels together with clinical and functional parameters, in a ..
- A new natriuretic peptide in porcine brainT Sudoh
Department of Biochemistry, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Nature 332:78-81. 1988..Thus, we have designated the peptide 'brain natriuretic peptide' (BNP)...
- The N-terminal Pro-BNP investigation of dyspnea in the emergency department (PRIDE) studyJames L Januzzi
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Cardiol 95:948-54. 2005The utility of aminoterminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) testing in the emergency department to rule out acute congestive heart failure (CHF) and the optimal cutpoints for this use are not established...
- Use of B-type natriuretic peptide in the evaluation and management of acute dyspneaChristian Mueller
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Division A, University of Basel, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 350:647-54. 2004..B-type natriuretic peptide levels are higher in patients with congestive heart failure than in patients with dyspnea from other causes...
- Serum N-terminal brain natriuretic peptide as a prognostic parameter in patients with pulmonary hypertensionAnna Fijalkowska
Department of Chest Medicine, National Research Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, Ul Plocka 26, 01 138 Warsaw, Poland
Chest 129:1313-21. 2006..We prospectively assessed the correlation of N-terminal brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) with echocardiographic and hemodynamic indexes of RV function as well as with baseline ..
- Admission B-type natriuretic peptide levels and in-hospital mortality in acute decompensated heart failureGregg C Fonarow
Ahmanson UCLA Cardiomyopathy Center, University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1943-50. 2007..This study was designed to determine whether admission B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels are predictive of in-hospital mortality in acute decompensated heart failure (HF)...
- Multimarker approach to risk stratification in non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes: simultaneous assessment of troponin I, C-reactive protein, and B-type natriuretic peptideMarc S Sabatine
TIMI Study Group, Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Circulation 105:1760-3. 2002..Little is known, however, about the utility of these biomarkers in combination...
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide, C-reactive protein, and urinary albumin levels as predictors of mortality and cardiovascular events in older adultsCaroline Kistorp
Department of Cardiology and Endocrinology, Frederiksberg University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
JAMA 293:1609-16. 2005....
- Brain natriuretic peptide based strategy to detect left ventricular dysfunction in Chagas disease: a comparison with the conventional approachAntonio Luiz P Ribeiro
Postgraduate Course of Tropical Medicine, Internal Medicine Department, School of Medicine, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Av Alfredo Balena, 190 Campus Saúde, 30130 100, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Int J Cardiol 109:34-40. 2006..Left ventricular dysfunction (LVd) is the main predictor of mortality in Chagas disease (ChD)...
- Processing of pro-brain natriuretic peptide is suppressed by O-glycosylation in the region close to the cleavage siteAlexander G Semenov
HyTest Ltd, Turku, Finland
Clin Chem 55:489-98. 2009Processing of the brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) precursor, proBNP, is a convertase-dependent reaction that produces 2 molecules--the active BNP hormone and the N-terminal part of proBNP (NT-proBNP)...
- Amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic Peptide, renal function, and outcomes in acute heart failure: redefining the cardiorenal interaction?Roland R J van Kimmenade
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1621-7. 2006We sought to study the individual and integrative role of amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) and parameters of renal function for prognosis in heart failure.
- Skeletal overgrowth in transgenic mice that overexpress brain natriuretic peptideM Suda
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Shogoin Kawahara cho Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:2337-42. 1998..peptides organize a family of three structurally related peptides: atrial natriuretic peptide, brain natriuretic peptide (BNP), and C-type natriuretic peptide...
- Diversity of molecular forms of plasma brain natriuretic peptide in heart failure--different proBNP-108 to BNP-32 ratios in atrial and ventricular overloadT Nishikimi
Department of Hypertension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo Medical University, Mibu, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Heart 96:432-9. 2010Recent studies have shown that plasma levels of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP)-32 and proBNP-108 are increased in heart failure (HF) and that the BNP-32 assay kit in current clinical use cross-reacts with proBNP-108...
- N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide is inversely related to metabolic cardiovascular risk factors and the metabolic syndromeMichael H Olsen
Research Center for Prevention and Health, Glostrup University Hospital, DK 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
Hypertension 46:660-6. 2005We wanted to investigate the relationship of N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide (Nt-proBNP) to metabolic and hemodynamic cardiovascular (CV) risk factors in the general population...
- Troponin-T and brain natriuretic peptide as predictors for adriamycin-induced cardiomyopathy in ratsEikan Koh
Department of Pediatrics, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Japan
Circ J 68:163-7. 2004..This study prospectively investigated whether atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and cardiac troponin T (TnT) are predictors for ADR-induced cardiotoxicity, and examined the ..
- Acute changes in endocrine and fluid balance markers during high-intensity, steady-state, and prolonged endurance running: unexpected increases in oxytocin and brain natriuretic peptide during exerciseTamara Hew-Butler
University of Cape Town, Cape Town, 7725 South Africa
Eur J Endocrinol 159:729-37. 2008..at rest, the potential contributions of other related endocrine factors, such as oxytocin (OT) and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP), have not been well described during exercise...
- Relation of plasma brain natriuretic peptide levels on admission for ST-elevation myocardial infarction to left ventricular end-diastolic volume six months later measured by both echocardiography and cardiac magnetic resonanceAna García-Alvarez
Thorax Clinic Institute, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Cardiol 104:878-82. 2009The main objective of this study was to investigate the relation between brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels within the first 96 hours after ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction (STEMI) and the development of left ..
- Brain natriuretic peptide and N-terminal proBNP in chronic haemodialysis patientsJaroslav Racek
Institute of Clinical Biochemistry and Haematology, Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Haematology, Charles University Hospital, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Nephron Clin Pract 103:c162-72. 2006b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal proBNP (NT-proBNP) are released into circulation as a result of congestive heart failure (HF)...
- Comparison of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and amino-terminal ProBNP for early diagnosis of heart failureMichele Emdin
CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Cardiovascular Medicine Department and Cardiovascular Endocrinology Laboratory, Pisa, Italy
Clin Chem 53:1289-97. 2007We compared the diagnostic accuracy of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and amino-terminal proBNP (NT-proBNP) for diagnosis of preclinical and mild heart failure (HF).
- Prognostic impact of plasma N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in severe chronic congestive heart failure: a substudy of the Carvedilol Prospective Randomized Cumulative Survival (COPERNICUS) trialFranz Hartmann
Medizinische Klinik II, Universitaetsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Luebeck, Germany
Circulation 110:1780-6. 2004....
- Prognostic value of changes in N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in Val-HeFT (Valsartan Heart Failure Trial)Serge Masson
Department of Cardiovascular Reearch, Istituto Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:997-1003. 2008This study sought to evaluate the association between changes over time of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) expressed in different ways and outcome in patients with stable and chronic heart failure (HF).
- Myocardin-related transcription factor A is a common mediator of mechanical stress- and neurohumoral stimulation-induced cardiac hypertrophic signaling leading to activation of brain natriuretic peptide gene expressionKoichiro Kuwahara
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 30:4134-48. 2010..Expression of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and other SRF-dependent fetal cardiac genes in response to acute mechanical stress was blunted in ..
- Association of plasma natriuretic peptide levels with metabolic risk factors in ambulatory individualsThomas J Wang
Cardiology Division, GRB 800, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Circulation 115:1345-53. 2007..Although it has been shown that obese individuals have reduced natriuretic peptide levels, conflicting data exist on the relation of natriuretic peptide levels to other metabolic risk factors...
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide, but not high sensitivity C-reactive protein, improves cardiovascular risk prediction in the general populationMichael H Olsen
Research Center for Prevention and Health, Department of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Glostrup University Hospital, DK 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
Eur Heart J 28:1374-81. 2007Serum N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (Nt-proBNP), high sensitivity (hs)-C-reactive protein, and urine albumin/creatinine ratio (UACR) are cardiovascular (CV) risk markers in the general population...
- NT-proBNP testing for diagnosis and short-term prognosis in acute destabilized heart failure: an international pooled analysis of 1256 patients: the International Collaborative of NT-proBNP StudyJames L Januzzi
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Yawkey 5984, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Eur Heart J 27:330-7. 2006Experience with amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) testing for evaluation of dyspnoeic patients with suspected acute heart failure (HF) is limited to single-centre studies...
- Increase in circulating levels of cardiac natriuretic peptides after hormone replacement therapy in postmenopausal womenS Maffei
Laboratory of Cardiovascolar Endocrinology and Cell Biology, C N R Institute of Clinical Physiology, Via Trieste, 41 56126 Pisa, Italy
Clin Sci (Lond) 101:447-53. 2001..steroid hormones and cardiac natriuretic peptides, plasma levels of atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) were measured in postmenopausal women, both before and after oestrogen replacement therapy...
- Natriuretic peptide system gene expression in human coronary arteriesVictor H Casco
Cardiovascular Endocrinology Laboratory, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Histochem Cytochem 50:799-809. 2002..This suggests that the coronary NP system is involved in the pathobiology of intimal plaque formation in humans and may be involved in vascular remodeling...
- Renal function, congestive heart failure, and amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide measurement: results from the ProBNP Investigation of Dyspnea in the Emergency Department (PRIDE) StudySaif Anwaruddin
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:91-7. 2006The relationship between renal insufficiency and amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) levels remains unclear...
- Effect of compensated renal dysfunction on approved heart failure markers: direct comparison of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal pro-BNPAndreas Luchner
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Innere Medizin II, University of Regensburg, Germany
Hypertension 46:118-23. 2005b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal pro-BNP (NT-proBNP) are markers of heart failure...
- Uncovering heart failure in patients with a history of pulmonary disease: rationale for the early use of B-type natriuretic peptide in the emergency departmentPeter A McCullough
William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Acad Emerg Med 10:198-204. 2003..Heart failure, asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are syndromes where dyspnea and wheezing are overlapping signs, and hence, these syndromes are often difficult to differentiate...
- Brain natriuretic peptide-32: N-terminal six amino acid extended form of brain natriuretic peptide identified in porcine brainT Sudoh
Department of Biochemistry, Miyazaki Medical College, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 155:726-32. 1988b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) is a newly identified peptide of 26 residues, which has a remarkable homology to but is distinct from atrial natriuretic peptide...
- Brain natriuretic peptide is related to diastolic dysfunction whereas urinary albumin excretion rate is related to left ventricular mass in asymptomatic type 2 diabetes patientsMartin Magnusson
Department of Cardiology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:2. 2010....
- Rapid measurement of B-type natriuretic peptide in the emergency diagnosis of heart failureAlan S Maisel
University of California, San Diego, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Diego 92161, USA
N Engl J Med 347:161-7. 2002..B-type natriuretic peptide is released from the cardiac ventricles in response to increased wall tension...
- Elevated plasma levels of Nt-proBNP in patients with type 2 diabetes without overt cardiovascular diseaseMartin Magnusson
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital MAS, Lund University, Sweden
Diabetes Care 27:1929-35. 2004The NH(2)-terminal portion of the precursor of brain natriuretic peptide (Nt-proBNP) has been reported to be elevated in left ventricular dysfunction...
- Utility of amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide, galectin-3, and apelin for the evaluation of patients with acute heart failureRoland R van Kimmenade
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1217-24. 2006..This study sought to explore the role of new biomarkers in heart failure (HF)...
- Utility of a rapid B-natriuretic peptide assay in differentiating congestive heart failure from lung disease in patients presenting with dyspneaL Katherine Morrison
Division of Cardiology, Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, San Diego, California 92161, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:202-9. 2002..Since B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) is secreted by the left ventricle (LV) in response to volume elevated LV pressure, we sought to assess whether a rapid assay for BNP levels could differentiate cardiac from pulmonary causes of dyspnea...
- Role of N-terminal brain natriuretic peptide (N-TproBNP) in scleroderma-associated pulmonary arterial hypertensionMark H Williams
Department of Cardiology, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Eur Heart J 27:1485-94. 2006..of this study were to evaluate the diagnostic value and to explore the prognostic value of N-terminal brain natriuretic peptide (N-TproBNP) in patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc) both with and without pulmonary arterial ..
- Serum N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide is a sensitive marker of myocardial dysfunction in AL amyloidosisGiovanni Palladini
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Circulation 107:2440-5. 2003b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) is a marker of ventricular dysfunction and can be used to assess prognosis in heart failure and after myocardial infarction...
- Impact of body mass and body composition on circulating levels of natriuretic peptides: results from the Dallas Heart StudySandeep R Das
Donald W Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Circulation 112:2163-8. 2005....
- Biomarkers in acute cardiac disease: the present and the futureAllan S Jaffe
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Medical School, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1-11. 2006..Finally, it reflects on some of the large number of markers that are still in development...
- Serial changes in plasma brain natriuretic peptide concentration at the infarct and non-infarct sites in patients with left ventricular remodelling after myocardial infarctionA Hirayama
Cardiovascular Division, Osaka Police Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Heart 91:1573-7. 2005To clarify the role of infarct and non-infarct sites on left ventricular (LV) remodelling after myocardial infarction by measuring brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) from each site.
- Comparison of prognostic significance of amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic Peptide versus blood urea nitrogen for predicting events in patients hospitalized for heart failureHeather J Shenkman
Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 99:1143-5. 2007N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro-BNP) and blood urea nitrogen (BUN) predict outcomes in patients with heart failure (HF)...
- Quantitative mass spectral evidence for the absence of circulating brain natriuretic peptide (BNP-32) in severe human heart failureAdam M Hawkridge
W M Keck FT ICR Mass Spectrometry Laboratory and Mayo Proteomics Research Center, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17442-7. 2005..These results provide molecularly specific evidence for the absence of circulating BNP-32 in advanced-stage HF patients and suggest the existence of altered forms of BNP that are contributing to the POCT values...
- Wall stress modulates brain natriuretic peptide production in pressure overload cardiomyopathyMarc Vanderheyden
Cardiovascular Center, Onze Lieve Vrouw Ziekenhuis, Moorselbaan 164, 9400 Aalst, Belgium
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:2349-54. 2004..We postulated that both diastolic and systolic load modulate B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) production in human pressure overload hypertrophy/failure...
- Brain natriuretic peptide and left ventricular dysfunction in chagasic cardiomyopathyAndre Talvani
Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto Ciências Biológicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 99:645-9. 2004..b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) is a neurohormone that has been recently described as a simple and inexpensive diagnostic and ..
- N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide predicts mortality in patients with end-stage renal disease in hemodialysisL H Madsen
Department of Cardiology and Endocrinology, Frederiksberg University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Kidney Int 71:548-54. 2007Concentrations of N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) increase in patients with heart failure and other cardiovascular (CV) diseases and are strong prognostic markers...
- Chromogranin B regulates calcium signaling, nuclear factor kappaB activity, and brain natriuretic peptide production in cardiomyocytesFelix M Heidrich
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06520 8066, USA
Circ Res 102:1230-8. 2008..ELISA experiments and luciferase reporter assays identified angiotensin II as a potent inducer of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP), a hormone that recently emerged as an important biomarker in cardiovascular disease...
- High N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide levels and low diffusing capacity for carbon monoxide as independent predictors of the occurrence of precapillary pulmonary arterial hypertension in patients with systemic sclerosisY Allanore
Rene Descartes University, Cochin Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 58:284-91. 2008..To evaluate predictors of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) in a prospective cohort of patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc)...
- The relationship between N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide and risk for hospitalization and mortality is curvilinear in patients with chronic heart failureMorten Schou
Department of Cardiology and Endocrinology, Clinic E, Frederiksberg University Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Am Heart J 154:123-9. 2007N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) carries prognostic information in patients with chronic heart failure and predicts risk for mortality and cardiovascular events...
- Brain natriuretic peptide limits myocardial infarct size dependent of nitric oxide synthase in ratsBinhui Ren
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Jinling Hospital, Clinical Medicine School of Nanjing University, Nanjing 210002, China
Clin Chim Acta 377:83-7. 2007b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) has recently been shown to have a cardioprotective effect in animal models of myocardial ischemia-reperfusion (I-R) injury...
- The brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) precursor is the major immunoreactive form of BNP in patients with heart failureKarina R Seferian
HyTest Ltd, Turku, Finland
Clin Chem 53:866-73. 2007Peptides derived from brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) precursor (proBNP), BNP, and the N-terminal fragment of proBNP (NT-proBNP) are used as biomarkers of heart failure...
- Reproducibility and clinical significance of exercise-induced increases in cardiac troponins and N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide in endurance athletesJurgen Scharhag
Institute of Sports and Preventive Medicine, University of Saarland, Saarbrucken, Germany
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 13:388-97. 2006Cardiac troponins I and T and brain natriuretic peptide are the accepted standards to serologically identify myocardial necrosis and elevated wall stress. In addition, they allow risk stratification in cardiovascular patients...
- Disproportionate elevation of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in scleroderma-related pulmonary hypertensionS C Mathai
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Dept of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Eur Respir J 35:95-104. 2010N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) is a marker of neurohormonal activation that is useful in the diagnosis and prognosis of various forms of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)...
- Plasma concentration of amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in chronic heart failure: prediction of cardiovascular events and interaction with the effects of rosuvastatin: a report from CORONA (Controlled Rosuvastatin Multinational Trial in HeartJohn G F Cleland
Department of Cardiology, University of Hull, Kingston upon Hull, United Kingdom
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:1850-9. 2009We investigated whether plasma amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP), a marker of cardiac dysfunction and prognosis measured in CORONA (Controlled Rosuvastatin Multinational Trial in Heart Failure), could be used to ..
- Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) produced by the human chorioamnion may mediate pregnancy myometrial quiescenceJorge A Carvajal
Unidad de Medicina Materno Fetal, Departamento de Obstetricia y Ginecologia, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Reprod Sci 16:32-42. 2009We aim to demonstrate that Brain Natriuretic Peptide (BNP) is synthesized and released from the fetal membranes and mediates pregnancy myometrial quiescence...
- Utility of B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) as a screen for left ventricular dysfunction in patients with diabetesVictoria Epshteyn
Department of Medicine, Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, San Diego, California 92161, USA
Diabetes Care 26:2081-7. 2003..B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) is secreted from the left ventricle in response to pressure overload and is elevated in both systolic and diastolic dysfunction...
- Usefulness of intermediate amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide concentrations for diagnosis and prognosis of acute heart failureRoland R J van Kimmenade
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 98:386-90. 2006Age-stratified cutpoints for aminoterminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro-BNP) concentrations are diagnostic in 83% of all subjects with acute dyspnea...
- Plasma brain natriuretic peptide as an independent predictor of in-hospital mortality after acute ischemic strokeKensaku Shibazaki
Department of Stroke Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki, Japan
Intern Med 48:1601-6. 2009We investigated whether the plasma brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) level on admission can serve as a biological marker of in-hospital death in patients with acute ischemic stroke.
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide levels predict left ventricular systolic function in patients with chronic kidney diseaseJung Eun Lee
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 24:S63-8. 2009N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) can be a useful marker for left ventricular (LV) dysfunction in patients without kidney disease...
- Effects of intravenous nesiritide on human coronary vasomotor regulation and myocardial oxygen uptakeAndrew D Michaels
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco Medical Center, 505 Parnassus Ave, Box 0124, San Francisco, Calif 94143 0124, USA
Circulation 107:2697-701. 2003..Nesiritide, recombinant human B-type natriuretic peptide, has been shown to be efficacious in the treatment of decompensated heart failure. The effects of intravenous nesiritide on the human coronary vasculature have not been studied...
- Cloning and sequence analysis of cDNA encoding a precursor for human brain natriuretic peptideT Sudoh
Daiichi Pure Chemicals Co Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 159:1427-34. 1989b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) is a novel diuretic-natriuretic and vasorelaxant peptide originally isolated from porcine brain...
- Usefulness of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide to predict postoperative cardiac complications and long-term mortality after emergency lower limb orthopedic surgeryCarol P Chong
Department of Aged Care, The Northern Hospital, Epping, Victoria, Australia
Am J Cardiol 106:865-72. 2010..The utility of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro-BNP) for the prediction of cardiac complications and mortality was evaluated...
- Rapid transcriptional activation and early mRNA turnover of brain natriuretic peptide in cardiocyte hypertrophy. Evidence for brain natriuretic peptide as an "emergency" cardiac hormone against ventricular overloadO Nakagawa
Department of Medicine, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
J Clin Invest 96:1280-7. 1995We previously demonstrated that brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) is a cardiac hormone mainly produced in the ventricle, while the major production site of atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) is the atrium...
- Left ventricular remodelling and brain natriuretic peptide after first myocardial infarctionJ G Crilley
Department of Cardiology, Ward B22 Office, Sunderland Royal Hospital, Sunderland SR4 7TP, UK
Heart 86:638-42. 2001To investigate the relation between brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) concentrations and left ventricular remodelling characteristics after acute myocardial infarction.
- Use of plasma brain natriuretic peptide concentration to aid in the diagnosis of heart failureBrian P Shapiro
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 78:481-6. 2003Plasma concentration of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP), as measured by the Triage BNP Test, is approved by the Food and Drug Administration to aid in the diagnosis of heart failure. This diagnostic test is available in many institutions...
- Urine albumin/creatinine ratio, high sensitivity C-reactive protein and N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide--three new cardiovascular risk markers--do they improve risk prediction and influence treatment?Michael H Olsen
Research Center for Prevention and Health, Glostrup University Hospital, Glostrup, Denmark
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 8:134-9. 2010..prognostic value of 3 relatively new, but established cardiovascular risk markers: N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide (Nt-proBNP), related to hemodynamic cardiovascular risk factors, high sensitivity C-reactive protein (..
- Effects of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid therapy on plasma inflammatory markers and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in elderly patients with chronic heart failureY T Zhao
Department of Cardiology, Shanghai East Hospital, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
J Int Med Res 37:1831-41. 2009..designed to investigate the effects of n-3 PUFA on circulating inflammatory markers and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) in patients with heart failure...
- Use of multiple biomarkers to improve the prediction of death from cardiovascular causesBjorn Zethelius
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
N Engl J Med 358:2107-16. 2008..The incremental usefulness of adding multiple biomarkers from different disease pathways for predicting the risk of death from cardiovascular causes has not, to our knowledge, been evaluated among the elderly...
- Brain natriuretic Peptide is produced in cardiac fibroblasts and induces matrix metalloproteinasesToshihiro Tsuruda
Cardiorenal Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Circ Res 91:1127-34. 2002..It is unknown if brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) is synthesized by CFs and if BNP participates in the regulation of extracellular matrix turnover...
- Amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide for the diagnosis of acute heart failure in patients with previous obstructive airway diseaseRoderick H Tung
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Ann Emerg Med 48:66-74. 2006We evaluate results from amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) testing with or without those of clinical judgment for the evaluation of dyspneic patients with previous chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or asthma.
- Regional clearance of amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide from human plasmaSuetonia C Palmer
Department of Medicine, University of Otago Christchurch, PO Box 4345, Christchurch 8140, New Zealand
Eur J Heart Fail 11:832-9. 2009Mechanisms for clearance of circulating amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) remain poorly understood and are relevant to the clinical utility of NT-proBNP as a diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in cardiovascular ..
- Utility of B-type natriuretic peptide in predicting postoperative complications and outcomes in patients undergoing heart surgeryRyan Hutfless
University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:1873-9. 2004..The purpose of the present study was to assess whether preoperative and postoperative B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels could be used as predictors of postoperative complications and outcomes in patients after open-heart surgery...
- Brain Natriuretic Peptide (BNP) regulates the production of inflammatory mediators in human THP-1 macrophagesV Chiurchiù
Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Via della Ricerca Scientifica, 00133 Rome, Italy
Regul Pept 148:26-32. 2008b>Brain Natriuretic Peptide (BNP), besides retaining vasodilatory, diuretic and natriuretic properties, is a vasoactive hormone that it is also involved in several cardiac diseases as well as severe sepsis and septic shock...
- Prognostic significance of brain natriuretic peptide obtained in the ED in patients with SIRS or sepsisYunxia Chen
Emergency Department of China Rehabilitation Research Center, Beijing 100068, China
Am J Emerg Med 27:701-6. 2009The study was conducted to know the significance of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) for prognosis of septic patients.
- Factors determining extreme brain natriuretic peptide elevationMaya Guglin
Department of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Congest Heart Fail 13:136-41. 2007b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) level is elevated in heart failure and reflects its severity. It is unknown why some patients have extremely high BNP levels...
- Comparison of hand-carried ultrasound assessment of the inferior vena cava and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide for predicting readmission after hospitalization for acute decompensated heart failureSascha N Goonewardena
University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 1:595-601. 2008..the value of serial assessment with hand-carried ultrasound (HCU) of the inferior vena cava (IVC) with brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) to identify patients with acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF) who will be readmitted or seek ..
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide, kidney disease and outcome in patients with chronic heart failureChristian Bruch
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Hospital of the University of Münster, Munster, Germany
J Heart Lung Transplant 25:1135-41. 2006In patients with chronic heart failure (CHF), N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) provides relevant prognostic information, but its usefulness in the presence of kidney disease has been questioned.
- Increased circulating pro-brain natriuretic peptide (proBNP) and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) in patients with cirrhosis: relation to cardiovascular dysfunction and severity of diseaseJ H Henriksen
Department of Clinical Physiology, 239, Hvidovre Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Gut 52:1511-7. 2003..to relate plasma concentrations of cardiac peptides reflecting early ventricular dysfunction (pro-brain natriuretic peptide (proBNP) and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP)) to markers of severity of liver disease, cardiac ..
- Essential biochemistry and physiology of (NT-pro)BNPChristian Hall
Research Institute for Internal Medicine, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet, 0037 Oslo, Norway
Eur J Heart Fail 6:257-60. 2004b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) is a 32 amino acid cardiac natriuretic peptide hormone originally isolated from porcine brain tissue. The human BNP gene is located on chromosome 1 and encodes the prohormone proBNP...
- Relationship between serum brain natriuretic peptide and heart function in patients with chronic kidney diseaseJae Won Yang
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, Wonju, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 23:191-200. 2008b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels are known to be elevated in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and normal heart function...
- Biological variation of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in healthy individualsGianvico Melzi d'Eril
Clin Chem 49:1554-5. 2003
- Brain natriuretic peptide can be a useful biochemical marker for myocarditis in patients with Kawasaki diseaseTakashi Kawamura
Department of Pediatrics, Hiroshima City Asa Hospital, Japan
Cardiol Young 12:153-8. 2002So as to determine the value of brain natriuretic peptide in the plasma as a biochemical marker for myocarditis of Kawasaki disease, we studied 69 patients...
- Abnormal tissue doppler images are associated with elevated plasma brain natriuretic peptide and increased oxidative stress in acute Kawasaki diseaseDaiji Takeuchi
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 71:357-62. 2007..mechanics using pulsed tissue Doppler imaging (TDI), and to determine the relationship between abnormal myocardial performance and plasma brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels and oxidative stress in acute Kawasaki disease (KD).
- Plasma brain natriuretic peptide concentrations in patients with Kawasaki diseaseT Kawamura
Department of Pediatrics, Hiroshima City Asa Hospital, Japan
Pediatr Int 42:241-8. 2000b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) is a cardiac hormone and plasma levels of it increase in patients with congestive heart failure and in those with acute myocardial infarction...
- Atrial and brain natriuretic peptide and endothelin-1 concentration in patients with idiopathic arterial hypertension: the dependence on the selected morphological parametersRobert Irzmanski
Department of Internal Diseases and Cardiological Rehabilitation, University Hospital, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Clin Exp Hypertens 29:149-64. 2007The aim of the work was to study the maintenance of atrial and brain natriuretic peptide (ANP, BNP) and endothelin-1 (ET-1) in patients with idiopathic arterial hypertension and the relationships between cardiac morphological parameters ..
- Brain natriuretic peptide as a hormonal marker of ventricular diastolic dysfunction in children with Kawasaki diseaseS Kurotobi
Department of Developmental Medicine, Pediatrics, D 5, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, 565 0871, Suita, Japan
Pediatr Cardiol 26:425-30. 2005Although an increased level of serum brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) has been reported in children in the acute phase of Kawasaki disease (KD), no precise relation was documented between the serum BNP level and left ventricular (LV) ..
- Assessment of cardiac risk before non-cardiac surgery: brain natriuretic peptide in 1590 patientsJ Dernellis
Department of Cardiology, Vostanion Hospital, Mytilini, Greece
Heart 92:1645-50. 2006To evaluate the predictive value of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) for assessment of cardiac risk before non-cardiac surgery.
- Natriuretic peptide testing for the evaluation of critically ill patients with shock in the intensive care unit: a prospective cohort studyJames L Januzzi
Division of Cardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Crit Care 10:R37. 2006Amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) is useful in evaluating heart failure, but its role in evaluating patients with shock in the intensive care unit (ICU) is not clear.
- Oxygen versus PAP for treatment of sleep apnea in chronic heart failureHenry Klar Yaggi; Fiscal Year: 2013..The primary analysis will compare each of the active treatment groups to control. A non-inferiority design will be used to assess whether NSO and CPAP are non-inferior to ASV. ..
- Coping Skills Training in Heart Failure: Outcomes and MechanismsAndrew Sherwood; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Genetic Determinants of Hypertensive Heart Disease in CRIDaniel L Dries; Fiscal Year: 2011..ability of the heart to synthesis and release of natriuretic peptides (atrial natriuretic peptide [ANP], brain natriuretic peptide [BNP], and C-type natriuretic peptide [CNP]) in response to pressure or volume overload...
- A Family Partnership Intervention for Heart FailureSandra Dunbar; Fiscal Year: 2009..converting enzyme inhibitors and diuretics (Medication Event Monitoring System), heart failure severity (brain natriuretic peptide levels), functional ability (6 minute walk distance), HF patient depressive symptoms (Beck Depression ..
- Plasmon-Controlled Fluorescence and Cardiac MarkersJoseph R Lakowicz; Fiscal Year: 2013..3. Develop substrates for the next generation of assays using hydrogel waveguides on metallic layers. These structures offer the opportunity for efficient directional emission and wavelength separation in a simple multi-layer device. ..
- Open Angle Glaucoma in Soluble Guanylate Cyclase Alpha 1 Deficient MiceEmmanuel S Buys; Fiscal Year: 2013..sGC??1 -/- mice with the cGMP-elevating compounds sildenafil (a phosphodiesterase (PDE) 5-antagonist), brain natriuretic peptide (BNP, a peptide activator of membrane bound guanylate cyclase (pGC)), and cinaciguat (an sGC-activator) ..
- Molecular mechanism of senile cardiac amyloidosisLawreen H Connors; Fiscal Year: 2013..in patient sera at baseline and annually for 3 years and correlating results with cardiac troponin I, brain natriuretic peptide, left ventricular (LV) end-diastolic and end-systolic diameters, and LV ejection fraction as measures of ..
- Biomarkers of Heart RegenerationRavi Karra; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our preliminar work has identified brain natriuretic peptide (nppb) as a secreted factor that is spatiotemporally related to heart regeneration...
- Point-of-care system based on single polymer nanowires for real-time, AMI diagnosMinhee Yun; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The cardiac protease corin in natriuretic peptide processing and hypertensionQingyu Wu; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this study, we will do experiments to figure out if corin gene changes cause blood pressure and heart problems. Our work will help to develop new ways to diagnose and treat patients with high blood pressure and heart disease. ..
- Rapid homogeneous antibody-based detection of proteinsTomasz Heyduk; Fiscal Year: 2010..In diagnosis, it will allow more rapid and more straightforward detection of antigens correlated with human disease. ..
- Regulated Long-Term Cardiac BNP Expression in Hypertensive Heart DiseaseYasuhiro Ikeda; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our BNP delivery strategy may establish a novel chronic BNP therapy for severe HHD induced by resistant or malignant HTN, ultimately leading to prevention of heart failure. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of the B-type Natriuretic Peptide PathwayDavid E Lanfear; Fiscal Year: 2012..The overall program will not only define functional predictive variants, but will advance the candidate's career while setting the ground work for follow-up studies of pharmacogenetically directed BNP therapy. (End of Abstract) ..
- BIOMEDICAL (BASIC)Nancy R Cook; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Testing a Measurement Model of Acute DyspneaMark Parshall; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- FACTORS DETERMINING INTRAOCULAR PRESSURESimon John; Fiscal Year: 2001..that are homozygous for a mutation that diminishes production of both atrial natriuretic peptide and brain natriuretic peptide have significantly increased IOP...
- Identifiction of the natriuretic peptide receptor kinaseLINCOLN POTTER; Fiscal Year: 2009..The goal of this grant is to identify this critical molecule so that it can be targeted by novel drugs designed to treat cardiovascular and skeletal diseases. ..
- PREVALENCE OF ASYMPTOMATIC VENTRICULAR DYSFUNCTIONRichard Rodeheffer; Fiscal Year: 2004..has shown that both systolic and diastolic LVD are associated with elevated plasma concentrations of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP), a peptide secreted by the heart in response to increased cardiac filling pressure, that may serve ..
- PREDICTORS OF RECURRENT STROKE IN THE PROGRESS STUDYDuncan Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, plasma markers that predict risk of recurrent stroke may indicate novel therapies to prevent this condition. ..
- Cardiovascular Status of HAART-Exposed Infants/ChildrenSteven Lipshultz; Fiscal Year: 2006..determine how left ventricular (LV) structure and function, serum cardiac troponin T (cTnT), serum pro brain natriuretic peptide (proBNP), and serum high sensitivity C reactive protein (hsCRP) are affected by HAART exposure...
- CARDIOVASCULAR STRESS OF SLEEP APNEA AND HEART FAILUREAlan Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- LV Function Assessment Core Lab for IMMEDIATE TrialJames Udelson; Fiscal Year: 2006..at 30 days after initial study enrollment for evaluation of infarct size, left ventricular function, and brain natriuretic peptide level...
- Tai Chi: Well-Being and Heart FailureLaura Redwine; Fiscal Year: 2007..Health education would be used as a control group rather than usual care to control for social interactions in the other two groups. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Polypeptide Hormone Receptor Recognition and ActivationKENAN GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2007..the importance of the NP system as a therapeutic target was validated in 2001 by the introduction of Brain Natriuretic Peptide (BNP) into the clinic (Natrecor(r)), as the first new treatment for congestive heart failure in 15 years...
- Determinants of Brain Natriuretic Peptide in DiabetesALAIN GERALD BERTONI; Fiscal Year: 2010..This may help better prevent heart failure in diabetics, which is important because heart failure is a common and deadly complication of diabetes. ..
- Myocardial Fibrosis in Heart Failure in the ElderlyEddy Barasch; Fiscal Year: 2004..stiffness leading to diastolic (D) dysfunction and heart failure (HF), as well as increases in brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) which are predictive of outcome...
- ENDOCRINE REGULATION OF CARDIAC HORMONE EXPRESSIONCHRISTOPHER GLEMBOTSKI; Fiscal Year: 1999..is critically dependent on a number of hormones including ANF (atrial natriuretic factor) and BNP (brain natriuretic peptide)...
- Tai Chi Mind-Body Therapy for Chronic Heart FailureRussell Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cardiac marker using a Lab-in-a-tube systemBERTRAND LEMIEUX; Fiscal Year: 2003..To prove the concept, we will develop an array for testing brain natriuretic peptide, cardiac troponin I, and cardiac troponin T...
- Cardiac Troponin Testing for Myocardial InfarctionFred Apple; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Phase II Trial of Thalidomide in Primary AmyloidosisAngela Dispenzieri; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ultimate goal of the proposed studies is to improve the prognosis of patient with this fatal disease. ..
- Regulation of the Atrial Natriuretic Peptide ReceptorLINCOLN POTTER; Fiscal Year: 2005..In response to increased blood pressure, atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) are secreted from the heart and stimulate vasorelaxation and fluid loss. On the other hand...
- Cyclic GMP And Ventricular Function In Heart FailureMARGARET REDFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Lipoproteins, HIV, and Antiretroviral Therapy in SMARTDaniel Duprez; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal will produce additional information that will enhance their disease-free survival rate. (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ISOLATED DIASTOLIC DYSFUNCTIONMARGARET REDFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Inflammation & Prognosis in Decompensated Heart FailureGARY FELKER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Felker's development into an established independent clinical investigator with expertise in both complex clinical research methodology and the role of inflammation in the pathophysiology of heart failure. ..
- Genetic Predictors of Outcome in Acute MIMarc Sabatine; Fiscal Year: 2005..Genomic control will be employed to detect and control for population stratification. Interaction terms will be incorporated into regression models to explore gene-environment and pharmacogenomic interactions. ..
- Nutriuretic Peptides, the Renin-Angiotensin System, and Metabolic Risk in ObesityThomas J Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Assessment ofbiochemial markers of these pathways may identify obese individuals at higher risk of developing cardiovascular risk factors and may suggest novel therapeutic targets. ..
- Informatics Support to Enhance Human Subjects ResearchJohn Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2003..We also will work with both Olmsted Medical Center and Luther Midelfort in evaluation of standardized procedures. We plan to share our best practices with all three of these institutions at the conclusion of the grant. ..
- ACTION-A CHF TRIAL INVESTIGATING OUTCOMES OF EXERCISEWilliam Abraham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- ACTION - A CHF Trial Investigating Outcomes of ExerciseGregg Fonarow; Fiscal Year: 2006..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- Endothelial Progenitor Cells: Clinical Correlates and Prognosis in the CommunityThomas Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- EXTRAMURAL RESEARCH FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMJohn Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2004..In summary, the new IIRF will strategically position Mayo's research effort in the new millennium, enabling NIH-level imaging research across multiple imaging modalities in one facility. ..
- Natriuretic Peptides, Genes, and Diastolic Heart FailureThomas Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Each of these skills will be critical to the candidate's long-term goal of becoming an independent clinical investigator with a focus on heart failure. ..
- TNF-ALPHA REGULATION OF AT1 RECEPTOR & POST-MI FIBROSISBarry Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information will provide important insights into the pathogenesis of post-MI fibrosis. ..
- MICROGLIAL NEURON SPECIFIC TOXINDaniel Laskowitz; Fiscal Year: 2003..Conversely, drugs that show promise against AD and PD will be examined in this model system to see if they inhibit the production or action of the neuron- specific toxin. ..
- REGULATION OF INDUCIBLE NITRIC OXIDE SYNTHASE IN KIDNEYBRUCE KONE; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Ventricular RemodelingJoshua Hare; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, these noninvasive techniques will be immediately transferable to human clinical trials. ..
- EXPRESSION AND REGULATION OF ATRIAL NATRIURETIC FACTORDavid Gardner; Fiscal Year: 2002..Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) is preferentially expressed in the cardiac atria while brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) expression shows a more equivalent distribution in atrial and ventricular myocytes...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF DIABETIC CATARACT FORMATIONPATRICK CAMMARATA; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study proposes to test the potential usefulness of enhancing myo-inositol efflux through chloride channels as a means for drug therapy to relieve intrafiber osmotic stress. ..
- Role of Natriuretic Peptides in the CochleaGeorge Trachte; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF ANP RECEPTOR ACTIVITY IN VASCULAR CELLSDavid G Gardner; Fiscal Year: 2011..Collectively, this proposal should provide us with a detailed understanding of how the NPR-A gene is regulated and the role that this regulation plays in the control of cardiovascular homeostasis. ..
- ALIAS II/III Trial:Albumin Therapy in Ischemic StrokeMYRON GINSBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004..At a minimum clinical effect size of 10%, a total of approximately 410 patients is required for the futility trial, and -1,950 for the efficacy trial. The primary outcome measure is the modified Rankin score at 3 months. ..
- Chronic Kidney Disease and Cardiovascular Risk in Black and White Young AdultsKirsten Bibbins Domingo; Fiscal Year: 2010..These findings will be important as a guide for preventive efforts and future research, particularly in Blacks. ..
- Fatty Acids and Cardiovascular HealthDariush Mozaffarian; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Association of Thrombophilia and Inflammation with Post-Thrombotic SyndromeMary Cushman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Resultant disability is estimated at 2 million lost workdays/year and medical costs as $300 million yearly. Findings here can form the basis for development of new therapies to treat, and moreover prevent,PTS. ..
- Troubled Minds, Broken Hearts: Women, Depression and Myocardial InfarctionSusmita Parashar; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Evaluation of pH Dependent Neuroprotectants in SAH ModelDaniel Laskowitz; Fiscal Year: 2008..In this project promising new drugs that may one day protect brain tissue from damage caused by SAH and stroke will be tested in an animal model of ischemia. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Heart Failure Incidence and Progression in Renal DiseaseMichael Shlipak; Fiscal Year: 2008..In persons with established heart failure and CRI, the combination of proBNP, hsCRP, and troponin-T may be optimal for risk stratification and informing long-term prognosis. ..
- Particulate Air Pollution and Acute Ischemic StrokeGregory Wellenius; Fiscal Year: 2006..These hypotheses will be tested in patient populations with complimentary strengths. ..
- Effects of Vasoactive Drugs on Perfusion in Septic ShockPatrick Murray; Fiscal Year: 2005..focusing on prevention and management of septic acute renal failure, as a surrogate endpoint to optimize systemic perfusion in hyperdynamic states. ..
- Changes in Functional Status Across Therapy for Primary GliomaLee Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATORY MECHANISMS OF GROWTH-PLATE CHONDROCYTESRobert Olney; Fiscal Year: 2002..Conversely, by identifying the important regulators of the human growth-plate, we will provide clues to direct the search for the genes responsible for some of the osteochondrodysplasias. ..