Genomes and Genes
brain natriuretic peptide
Summary: A PEPTIDE that is secreted by the BRAIN and the HEART ATRIA, stored mainly in cardiac ventricular MYOCARDIUM. It can cause NATRIURESIS; DIURESIS; VASODILATION; and inhibits secretion of RENIN and ALDOSTERONE. It improves heart function. It contains 32 AMINO ACIDS.
Publications280 found, 100 shown here
- Comparison of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and amino-terminal ProBNP for early diagnosis of heart failureMichele Emdin
CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Cardiovascular Medicine Department and Cardiovascular Endocrinology Laboratory, Pisa, Italy
Clin Chem 53:1289-97. 2007We compared the diagnostic accuracy of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and amino-terminal proBNP (NT-proBNP) for diagnosis of preclinical and mild heart failure (HF).
- Serum N-terminal brain natriuretic peptide as a prognostic parameter in patients with pulmonary hypertensionAnna Fijalkowska
Department of Chest Medicine, National Research Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, Ul Plocka 26, 01 138 Warsaw, Poland
Chest 129:1313-21. 2006..We prospectively assessed the correlation of N-terminal brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) with echocardiographic and hemodynamic indexes of RV function as well as with baseline ..
- Biomarkers in acute cardiac disease: the present and the futureAllan S Jaffe
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Medical School, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1-11. 2006..Finally, it reflects on some of the large number of markers that are still in development...
- Stability of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide after storage frozen for one year and after multiple freeze-thaw cyclesWilliam L Nowatzke
Clin Chem 49:1560-2. 2003
- Natriuretic peptidesLori B Daniels
Division of Cardiology, University of California at San Diego, and Veteran s Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, California 92037 1300, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:2357-68. 2007..Knowing a patient's NP levels might thus assist with hemodynamic assessment and subsequent treatment titration. Monitoring NP levels in the outpatient setting might also improve patient care and outcomes...
- Prognostic value of changes in N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in Val-HeFT (Valsartan Heart Failure Trial)Serge Masson
Department of Cardiovascular Reearch, Istituto Mario Negri, Milan, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:997-1003. 2008This study sought to evaluate the association between changes over time of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) expressed in different ways and outcome in patients with stable and chronic heart failure (HF).
- B-type natriuretic peptide and renal function in the diagnosis of heart failure: an analysis from the Breathing Not Properly Multinational StudyPeter A McCullough
University of California, San Diego Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, San Diego, CA, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 41:571-9. 2003..However, relationships between BNP, renal function, and heart failure as an emergency diagnosis are unknown...
- Is a pre-operative brain natriuretic peptide or N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide measurement an independent predictor of adverse cardiovascular outcomes within 30 days of noncardiac surgery? A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational Ganesan Karthikeyan
Department of Cardiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:1599-606. 2009We conducted a systematic review and meta-analysis to determine if pre-operative brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) (i.e...
- Brain natriuretic peptide is related to diastolic dysfunction whereas urinary albumin excretion rate is related to left ventricular mass in asymptomatic type 2 diabetes patientsMartin Magnusson
Department of Cardiology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:2. 2010....
- Comparison of the diagnostic accuracy of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and the N-terminal part of the propeptide of BNP immunoassays in chronic and acute heart failure: a systematic reviewAldo Clerico
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Endocrinology, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche Institute of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
Clin Chem 53:813-22. 2007We used evidence-based laboratory medicine principles to compare the diagnostic accuracy of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and the N-terminal part of the propeptide of BNP (NT-proBNP) assays for the diagnosis of heart failure.
- Association of plasma natriuretic peptide levels with metabolic risk factors in ambulatory individualsThomas J Wang
Cardiology Division, GRB 800, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Circulation 115:1345-53. 2007..Although it has been shown that obese individuals have reduced natriuretic peptide levels, conflicting data exist on the relation of natriuretic peptide levels to other metabolic risk factors...
- Optimal noninvasive assessment of left ventricular filling pressures: a comparison of tissue Doppler echocardiography and B-type natriuretic peptide in patients with pulmonary artery cathetersHisham Dokainish
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
Circulation 109:2432-9. 2004....
- NT-proBNP can be used to detect right ventricular systolic dysfunction in pulmonary hypertensionK G Blyth
Scottish Pulmonary Vascular Unit, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G11 6NT, UK
Eur Respir J 29:737-44. 2007..N-terminal B-type natriuretic peptide could prove useful as an objective, noninvasive means of identifying patients with pulmonary hypertension who have right ventricular systolic dysfunction at presentation...
- Rapid measurement of B-type natriuretic peptide in the emergency diagnosis of heart failureAlan S Maisel
University of California, San Diego, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Diego 92161, USA
N Engl J Med 347:161-7. 2002..B-type natriuretic peptide is released from the cardiac ventricles in response to increased wall tension...
- The influence of atorvastatin on parameters of inflammation and function of the left ventricle in patients with dilated cardiomyopathyAgata Bielecka-Dabrowa
Department of Hypertension, Medical University of Łódź, Łódź, Poland
Med Sci Monit 15:MS12-23. 2009..We assessed the influence of atorvastatin on selected indicators of an inflammation, function of the left ventricle and factors affecting the occurrence of rehospitalisation and mortality in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM)...
- B-type natriuretic peptide: a novel early blood marker of acute myocardial infarction in patients with chest pain and no ST-segment elevationRoberto Bassan
Clínica São Vicente, R João Borges 204, Rio de Janeiro 22 451 100, Brazil
Eur Heart J 26:234-40. 2005..This study was undertaken to determine the diagnostic value of admission B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in patients with acute chest pain and no ST-segment elevation...
- Brain natriuretic peptide as a hormonal marker of ventricular diastolic dysfunction in children with Kawasaki diseaseS Kurotobi
Department of Developmental Medicine, Pediatrics, D 5, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, 565 0871, Suita, Japan
Pediatr Cardiol 26:425-30. 2005Although an increased level of serum brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) has been reported in children in the acute phase of Kawasaki disease (KD), no precise relation was documented between the serum BNP level and left ventricular (LV) ..
- A fast and sensitive enzyme immunoassay for brain natriuretic peptide based on micro-magnetic probes strategyRuping Liu
State Key Laboratory of Transducer Technology, Institute of Electronics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Talanta 81:1016-21. 2010In this paper, a simple, rapid and low-cost method for the high-sensitivity detection of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) was developed, which adopted three amplification steps: (a) biotin-streptavidin amplification; (b) micro-magnetic ..
- Plasma brain natriuretic peptide as a biochemical marker for atrioventricular sequence in patients with pacemakersH Horie
First Department of Internal Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Japan
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 22:282-90. 1999We hypothesized that plasma brain natriuretic peptide, like plasma atrial natriuretic peptide, may reflect hemodynamic changes elicited by different cardiac pacing modes...
- Changes in brain natriuretic peptide levels and bioelectrical impedance measurements after treatment with high-dose furosemide and hypertonic saline solution versus high-dose furosemide alone in refractory congestive heart failure: a double-blind studySalvatore Paterna
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:1997-2003. 2005..study was to evaluate the effect of a new treatment for refractory congestive heart failure (CHF) on brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) plasma levels and hydration station...
- Cost-effectiveness of using N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide to guide the diagnostic assessment and management of dyspneic patients in the emergency departmentUwe Siebert
Institute for Technology Assessment and Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:800-5. 2006The cost-effectiveness of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro-BNP) in dyspneic patients in emergency departments (EDs) is unknown...
- Abnormal tissue doppler images are associated with elevated plasma brain natriuretic peptide and increased oxidative stress in acute Kawasaki diseaseDaiji Takeuchi
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 71:357-62. 2007..mechanics using pulsed tissue Doppler imaging (TDI), and to determine the relationship between abnormal myocardial performance and plasma brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels and oxidative stress in acute Kawasaki disease (KD).
- Relation of coronary atherosclerosis determined by electron beam computed tomography and plasma levels of n-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in a multiethnic population-based sample (the Dallas Heart Study)Shuaib M Abdullah
Donald W. Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:1284-9. 2005..In conclusion, these findings support the hypothesis that coronary atherosclerosis may directly influence the activation of the cardiac neurohormonal system...
- Plasma N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide concentration predicts coronary events in men at work: a report from the BELSTRESS studyJohan De Sutter
Department of Cardiology 8K12 IE, University Hospital Ghent, Belgium
Eur Heart J 26:2644-9. 2005Increased levels of neurohormonal markers, including the N-terminal fragment of pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro-BNP), have been shown to be of prognostic significance in patients with heart failure or coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Effect of body mass index on diagnostic and prognostic usefulness of amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in patients with acute dyspneaAntoni Bayes Genis
Department of Cardiology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Universitat Autonoma, Barcelona, Spain
Arch Intern Med 167:400-7. 2007Amino (N)-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) testing is useful for diagnostic and prognostic evaluation in patients with dyspnea...
- Systolic time intervals revisited: correlations with N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in a community populationHao-Min Cheng
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, No. 201, Sec. 2, Shih-Pai Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Heart Vessels 20:256-63. 2005..was performed to determine the cutoff values for PEP, ET, and PEP/LVET in predicting high N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP). The prevalence of high NT-proBNP was 12.3% in men and 8.3% in women...
- Favourable effects of exercise training on N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide plasma levels in elderly patients after acute myocardial infarctionFrancesco Giallauria
Department of Clinical Medicine, Cardiovascular and Immunological Sciences, Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Age Ageing 35:601-7. 2006regional or global impairment of left ventricular (LV) systolic or diastolic function leading to increased LV wall stress results in increased circulating levels of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro-BNP).
- N-terminal brain natriuretic peptide is a more powerful predictor of mortality than endothelin-1, adrenomedullin and tumour necrosis factor-alpha in patients referred for consideration of cardiac transplantationRoy S Gardner
The Scottish Cardiopulmonary Transplant Unit, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, UK
Eur J Heart Fail 7:253-60. 2005..We have demonstrated that N-terminal brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) is a powerful predictor of mortality in advanced heart failure and is superior to the ..
- Is brain natriuretic peptide production decreased in obese subjects?Roland van Kimmenade
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:886-7. 2006
- Elevated brain natriuretic peptide and reduced exercise capacity in adult patients operated on for tetralogy of fallot is due to biventricular dysfunction as determined by the myocardial performance indexKambiz Norozi
Department of Paediatric Cardiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Am J Cardiol 97:1377-82. 2006..0001) and was correlated inversely with the LV Tei index (r = -0.61, p <0.0001). N-terminal-pro-brain natriuretic peptide was significantly increased in patients with TOF (150 +/- 141 vs 57 +/- 39 pg/ml, p <0.0001)...
- Pediatric brain natriuretic peptide and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide reference intervalsSteven J Soldin
Departments of Medicine and Pharmacology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington DC 20007, USA
Clin Chim Acta 366:304-8. 2006b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) have been shown to be useful biomarkers for the diagnosis of heart failure...
- Management of acute dyspnoea: use and feasibility of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) assay in the prehospital settingAlexandre Teboul
SAMU of Paris, Necker Hospital, Rene Descartes University, Paris, France
Resuscitation 61:91-6. 2004Diagnosis of acute left ventricular failure (LVF) is often difficult in the prehospital setting. Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) is a marker of LVF...
- Assessment of cardiac risk before non-cardiac surgery: brain natriuretic peptide in 1590 patientsJ Dernellis
Department of Cardiology, Vostanion Hospital, Mytilini, Greece
Heart 92:1645-50. 2006To evaluate the predictive value of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) for assessment of cardiac risk before non-cardiac surgery.
- Association of plasma atrial natriuretic peptide, N-terminal proatrial natriuretic peptide, and brain natriuretic peptide levels with coronary artery stenosis in patients with normal left ventricular systolic functionToshio Nishikimi
Department of Hypertension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi, Japan
Am J Med 116:517-23. 2004..coronary artery stenosis affects plasma levels of atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), N-terminal proatrial natriuretic peptide (proANP), and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) in patients with normal left ventricular systolic function.
- N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide for discriminating between cardiac and non-cardiac dyspnoeaLene Svendstrup Nielsen
Department of Internal Medicine, Haderslev Hospital, 6100 Haderslev, Denmark
Eur J Heart Fail 6:63-70. 2004Evaluation of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) to confirm or disprove heart failure in community patients complaining of dyspnoea.
- Relationship between the plasma levels of brain natriuretic peptide and left ventricular ejection fraction in asymptomatic patients with previous myocardial infarctionIkuyoshi Watanabe
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Surugadai Nihon University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Int Heart J 46:1007-14. 2005While the usefulness of measuring the plasma levels of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) in cases with worsening heart failure and severe heart failure has already been established, the benefits of evaluation of this parameter in ..
- Risk assessment in patients with unstable angina/non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction and normal N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide levels by N-terminal pro-atrial natriuretic peptideRudolf Jarai
Third Department of Medicine (Cardiology and Emergency Medicine, Wilhelminen Hospital Vienna, Montleartstrasse 37, A-1171 Vienna, Austria
Eur Heart J 26:250-6. 2005..003). CONCLUSION: Our results suggest that determination of Nt-proANP might improve risk assessment in patients with UCAD, especially when Nt-proBNP is in the normal range...
- Hemoglobin and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide: Independent and synergistic predictors of mortality in patients with acute heart failure Results from the International Collaborative of NT-proBNP (ICON) StudyAaron L Baggish
PRIDE Study Group, and Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Chim Acta 381:145-50. 2007Hemoglobin and amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) are both independent predictors of mortality in patients with chronic HF. Their combined predictive power for mortality in the setting of acute HF is uncertain.
- Serum amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in hematological patients with neutropenic fever: a prospective comparison with C-reactive proteinSari Hamalainen
Department of Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Leuk Lymphoma 51:1040-6. 2010Serum amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) is considered as a prognostic marker in patients with severe sepsis or septic shock, but no data are available on NT-proBNP kinetics in hematological patients with ..
- Preoperative plasma N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide concentration and perioperative cardiovascular risk in elderly patientsKyeong Ho Yun
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Wonkwang University Hospital, Iksan, Korea
Circ J 72:195-9. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine whether the N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) concentration before operation can be used to predict perioperative cardiovascular ..
- Use of brain natriuretic Peptide and bioimpedance to guide therapy in heart failure patientsRoberto Valle
Department of Cardiology, Ospedale Civile, Chioggia, Italy
Contrib Nephrol 164:209-16. 2010..In response to volume expansion, the heart secretes the brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) with a biological action that counter-regulates the activation of the renin-angiotensin-..
- Increased N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide level predicts atrial fibrillation after surgery for esophageal carcinomaJiang Long Hou
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:2582-5. 2008To evaluate the value of plasma N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) level for predicting postoperative atrial fibrillation (AF) in patients undergoing surgery for esophageal carcinoma.
- Brain natriuretic peptide can be a useful biochemical marker for myocarditis in patients with Kawasaki diseaseTakashi Kawamura
Department of Pediatrics, Hiroshima City Asa Hospital, Japan
Cardiol Young 12:153-8. 2002So as to determine the value of brain natriuretic peptide in the plasma as a biochemical marker for myocarditis of Kawasaki disease, we studied 69 patients...
- Atorvastatin-induced changes in plasma coenzyme q10 and brain natriuretic peptide in patients with coronary artery diseaseTakayuki Suzuki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Int Heart J 49:423-33. 2008..However, ATO-induced decreases in CoQ10 might not increase oxidative stress...
- Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) level is closely related to the extent of left ventricular sympathetic overactivity in chronic ischemic heart failureKazuyuki Sakata
Division of Cardiology, Shizuoka Cancer Center Hospital, Shizuoka
Intern Med 48:393-400. 2009Both brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and cardiac sympathetic activity are useful surrogate markers of congestive heart failure. BNP is known to be secreted in response to sympathetic tone...
- X-box binding protein 1 regulates brain natriuretic peptide through a novel AP1/CRE-like element in cardiomyocytesTamaki Sawada
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:1280-9. 2010..X-box binding protein 1 (XBP1), a major UPR-linked transcriptional factor, regulates the expression of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) in cardiomyocytes...
- Prognostic value of brain natriuretic peptide in noncardiac surgery: a meta-analysisAlisdair D S Ryding
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Anesthesiology 111:311-9. 2009The prognostic role of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) measurement before noncardiac surgery is unclear...
- Effect of sinus rhythm restoration after electrical cardioversion on apelin and brain natriuretic Peptide prohormone levels in patients with persistent atrial fibrillationEleftherios M Kallergis
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital of Heraklion, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Am J Cardiol 105:90-4. 2010..Levels of plasma apelin and amino terminal fragment of the brain natriuretic peptide prohormone (NT-pro-BNP) were measured in 40 patients with persistent AF, before and 1 month after ..
- The plasma level of brain natriuretic peptide is increased in malnourished hemodialysis patientsCharles Chazot
Centre de Rein Artificiel, Tassin, France
Blood Purif 28:187-92. 2009In hemodialysis (HD) patients, the plasma brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) level is associated with left ventricular dysfunction and patients' survival...
- Plasma brain natriuretic peptide concentrations in patients with Kawasaki diseaseT Kawamura
Department of Pediatrics, Hiroshima City Asa Hospital, Japan
Pediatr Int 42:241-8. 2000b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) is a cardiac hormone and plasma levels of it increase in patients with congestive heart failure and in those with acute myocardial infarction...
- Brain natriuretic peptide improves long-term functional recovery after acute CNS injury in miceMichael L James
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Neurotrauma 27:217-28. 2010There is emerging evidence to suggest that brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) is elevated after acute brain injury, and that it may play an adaptive role in recovery through augmentation of cerebral blood flow (CBF)...
- Evaluation of plasma N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) concentrations in dogs with mitral valve insufficiencyNaoyuki Takemura
School of Veterinary Medicine, Nippon Veterinary and Animal Science University, Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 71:925-9. 2009The diagnostic significance of the plasma concentration of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) was evaluated in 72 dogs with mitral valve insufficiency and 36 control dogs...
- Exon-skipping brain natriuretic peptide variant is overexpressed in failing myocardium and attenuates brain natriuretic peptide production in vitroMario Torrado
Institute of Health Sciences, University of La Coruna, Spain
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 235:941-51. 2010b>Brain natriuretic peptide/natriuretic peptide precursor B (NPPB) is one of the most studied genes in relation to heart failure (HF) conditions...
- Chromogranin-A and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide: an excellent pair of biomarkers for diagnostics in patients with neuroendocrine tumorCatharina M Korse
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 27:4293-9. 2009..CgA) has been a well-established marker for neuroendocrine tumor (NET), and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) has been a useful marker for left ventricular dysfunction...
- Association between sleep-disordered breathing, aminoterminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) levels and insulin resistance in morbidly obese young womenJuan Ybarra
Instituto de Cardiología y Medicina Avanzada, Spain
Eur J Intern Med 20:174-81. 2009..Aminoterminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) is a promising marker for left ventricular dysfunction (LVD) in MO...
- Relation of smoking status to serum levels of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in middle-aged men without overt cardiovascular diseaseToshiaki Otsuka
Department of Hygiene and Public Health, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Cardiol 106:1456-60. 2010..The present study examined the relation of smoking status to serum levels of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro-BNP), a marker of cardiac overload, in middle-aged men without overt cardiovascular disease...
- Atrial and brain natriuretic peptide and endothelin-1 concentration in patients with idiopathic arterial hypertension: the dependence on the selected morphological parametersRobert Irzmanski
Department of Internal Diseases and Cardiological Rehabilitation, University Hospital, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Clin Exp Hypertens 29:149-64. 2007The aim of the work was to study the maintenance of atrial and brain natriuretic peptide (ANP, BNP) and endothelin-1 (ET-1) in patients with idiopathic arterial hypertension and the relationships between cardiac morphological parameters ..
- Procalcitonin and brain natriuretic peptide as parameters in the postoperative course of patients with major pulmonary resectionBeatrix Hoksch
Division of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Berne, Inselspital Berne, 3010 Berne, Switzerland
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:155-9. 2007..Twenty-two patients admitted with lung cancer were enrolled in this study. Procalcitonin, brain natriuretic peptide, C-reactive peptide and interleukin-6 levels were recorded preoperatively and postoperatively on days 1-..
- N-terminal prohormone brain natriuretic peptide as a marker for detecting low functional class patients and candidates for cardiac transplantation: linear correlation with exercise toleranceManolis S Kallistratos
First Cardiology Department, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center, Athens, Greece
J Heart Lung Transplant 26:516-21. 2007N-terminal prohormone brain natriuretic peptide (NT Pro BNP) plasma levels have been associated with indices of left ventricular (LV) function and aerobic capacity in heart failure...
- Association between the T-381C polymorphism of the brain natriuretic peptide gene and risk of type 2 diabetes in human populationsAline Meirhaeghe
INSERM, U744, Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, Universite de Lille 2, UMR 5744, Lille, France
Hum Mol Genet 16:1343-50. 2007b>Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP/NPPB) is a member of the natriuretic family involved in the regulation of blood pressure and blood volume as well as lipolysis control in human fat cells...
- Effects of rosiglitazone on plasma brain natriuretic peptide levels and myocardial performance index in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusY Türkmen Kemal
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Fevzi Cakmak Cad 5 sok no 45, 06490, Bahcelievler, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Diabetol 44:149-56. 2007..There are no significant differences between the groups in the duration of diabetes, HbA1c, plasma brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels, body mass index and myocardial performance indexes (MPIs) before the treatment...
- Pulmonary hypertension in patients with sickle cell/beta thalassemia: incidence and correlation with serum N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide concentrationsErsi Voskaridou
Thalassemia Center, Laikon General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Haematologica 92:738-43. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the incidence of PH and its correlation with clinical and laboratory findings, including NT-proBNP, in patients with HbS/beta-thal...
- Elecsys NT-ProBNP and BNP assays: are there analytically and clinically relevant differences?Kiang Teck J Yeo
Department of Pathology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
J Card Fail 11:S84-8. 2005..Various automated immunoassays currently are available for the measurement of these natriuretic peptides, but there are significant analytical differences, especially between BNP and NT-proBNP...
- Improvement of serum NT-ProBNP predicts improvement in cardiac function and favorable prognosis after cardiac resynchronization therapy for heart failureCheuk-Man Yu
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Division of Cardiology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
J Card Fail 11:S42-6. 2005..CONCLUSION: Serial monitoring of NT-proBNP may be helpful to predict a favorable outcome after CRT. Those who had a reduction of NT-proBNP level of >/=50% were more likely to exhibit a favorable response...
- Circulating erythropoietin levels and prognosis in patients with congestive heart failure: comparison with neurohormonal and inflammatory markersJacob George
Department of Cardiology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Arch Intern Med 165:1304-9. 2005..We prospectively evaluated the predictive value of baseline EPO, N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide, and C-reactive protein levels in patients with clinically controlled chronic CHF...
- Complementary roles of simple variables, NYHA and N-BNP, in indicating aerobic capacity and severity of heart failureS G Williams
Academic Unit of Molecular Vascular Medicine, University of Leeds, Martin Wing, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, LS1 3EX, UK
Int J Cardiol 102:279-86. 2005....
- Natriuretic peptides in ESRDSergei Joffy
Department of Internal Medicine and Division of Nephrology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:1-10. 2005..Furthermore, atrial natriuretic peptide and brain natriuretic peptide can serve as markers of left ventricular dysfunction and may have utility in determining cardiac ..
- The role of NT-proBNP in the diagnostics of isolated diastolic dysfunction: correlation with echocardiographic and invasive measurementsCarsten Tschope
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Eur Heart J 26:2277-84. 2005..Diastolic heart failure is a frequent entity but difficult to diagnose. N-terminal pro-B type natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) was therefore investigated as a possible non-invasive parameter to diagnose isolated diastolic dysfunction...
- N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide predicts mortality in patients with end-stage renal disease in hemodialysisL H Madsen
Department of Cardiology and Endocrinology, Frederiksberg University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Kidney Int 71:548-54. 2007Concentrations of N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) increase in patients with heart failure and other cardiovascular (CV) diseases and are strong prognostic markers...
- Increased left atrial volume index is an independent predictor of raised serum natriuretic peptide in patients with suspected heart failure but normal left ventricular ejection fraction: Implication for diagnosis of diastolic heart failureTiong K Lim
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Northwick Park Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 3UJ, UK
Eur J Heart Fail 8:38-45. 2006..In a population with a high suspicion of diastolic heart failure, LAVI may significantly contribute to diagnostic precision...
- Right heart overload contributes to cardiac natriuretic hormone elevation in patients with heart failureClaudio Passino
Institute of Clinical Physiology, National Research Council, Pisa, Italy
Int J Cardiol 104:39-45. 2005..We assessed the hypothesis that right ventricular (RV) overload might significantly contribute to plasma elevation of cardiac natriuretic hormones in patients with heart failure...
- The association between NT-proBNP levels, functional capacity and stage in patients with heart failureAziz Karabulut
Dicle University School of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Acta Cardiol 60:631-8. 2005..Also, we particularly focused on the presence and significance of neurohormonal activation in the group of patients classified as stage-A according to ACC/AHA guidelines...
- Effects of immunoadsorption on the nt-BNP and nt-ANP plasma levels of patients suffering from dilated cardiomyopathyAlexander Staudt
Klinik für Innere Medizin B, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat, Greifswald, Germany
Ther Apher Dial 10:42-8. 2006..05. The improvement of left ventricular function during IA is accompanied by a reduction of nt-BNP and nt-ANP plasma levels in patients with DCM...
- Correlation of B type natriuretic peptides with clinical and echocardiographic parameters in heterogeneous population of patients with symptoms suggestive of heart failureW N Piechota
Department of Internal Diseases and Cardiology, Military Medical Institute, Ul Szaserow 128, 00 909 Warsaw, Poland
Adv Med Sci 51:164-7. 2006..Purpose: to evaluate and compare the clinical performance of NT-proBNP and BNP in heterogeneous group of CHF patients on the basis of these peptides' correlation with NYHA class, LVEF and WMI measured by echocardiography...
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine enhances cardiovascular risk prediction in patients with chronic heart failureChristina Dückelmann
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2037-42. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether elevated asymmetrical dimethylorginine (ADMA) concentrations are associated with increased cardiovascular risk in chronic heart failure (HF) patients...
- Hemodynamic improvement is faster after percutaneous ASD closure than after surgeryAnneli Eerola
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 69:432-41; discussion 442. 2007..Hemodynamic effects of surgical and percutaneous closure of atrial septal defect (ASD) were evaluated...
- [Natriuretic peptides in heart failure]Luis Almenar Bonet
Unidad de Insuficiencia Cardiaca y Trasplante, Servicio de Cardiologia, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 6:15-26. 2006..The ones used in daily clinical practice are atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), brain natriuretic peptide (BNP), and their N-terminal fragments NT-proANP and NT-proBNP, respectively...
- A change in N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide is predictive of outcome in patients with advanced heart failureRoy S Gardner
Department of Cardiology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Eur J Heart Fail 9:266-71. 2007..The B-type natriuretic peptides are established independent predictors of prognosis in CHF. However, the relevance of a change in NT-proBNP concentration over time in advanced heart failure is unknown...
- Natriuretic peptides in the diagnosis and management of heart failureG Michael Felker
Outcomes Research Group, Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Division of Cardiology and Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
CMAJ 175:611-7. 2006....
- Natriuretic peptide biomarkers as information indicators in elderly patients with possible heart failure followed over six years: a head-to-head comparison of four cardiac natriuretic peptidesUrban Alehagen
From the Department of Cardiology, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
J Card Fail 13:452-61. 2007..The aim of the study was to evaluate the information and the power to predict cardiovascular mortality derived from an analysis of cardiac natriuretic peptides from the same study population and at the same time...
- Prognostic impact of plasma N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide in severe chronic congestive heart failure: a substudy of the Carvedilol Prospective Randomized Cumulative Survival (COPERNICUS) trialFranz Hartmann
Medizinische Klinik II, Universitaetsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Luebeck, Germany
Circulation 110:1780-6. 2004....
- Serum level of uric acid, partly secreted from the failing heart, is a prognostic marker in patients with congestive heart failureHiroshi Sakai
Department of Cardiovascular and Respiratory Medicine, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Japan
Circ J 70:1006-11. 2006..unknown, so it is currently unclear whether serum UA can provide prognostic information independent of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP)...
- Cardiac effects within 3 months of BEAC high-dose therapy in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma patients undergoing autologous stem cell transplantationT Kuittinen
Department of Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Eur J Haematol 77:120-7. 2006..We prospectively assessed the cardiac effects of high-dose CY in 30 adult NHL patients receiving CY 6 g/m(2) as part of BEAC high-dose therapy (HDT)...
- Prognosis of decompensated heart failure patients with preserved systolic function is predicted by NT-proBNP variations during hospitalizationPaulo Bettencourt
Departamento de Medicina Interna Hospital S João, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade do Porto, Unidade I and D Cardiovascular do Porto, Portugal
Int J Cardiol 117:75-9. 2007..We aimed to evaluate the prognostic value of NT-proBNP in patients with decompensated HF regardless of LVSF...
- Natriuretic peptides in patients with atrial fibrillation and advanced chronic heart failure: determinants and prognostic value of (NT-)ANP and (NT-pro)BNPMichiel Rienstra
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, PO Box 30.001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Europace 8:482-7. 2006..CONCLUSION: In advanced CHF patients, AF affects (NT-)ANP levels, but not (NT-pro)BNP levels. NT-proBNP is an independent determinant of prognosis in advanced CHF, irrespective of the rhythm, AF, or sinus rhythm...
- The effect of beta-blocker (carvedilol) therapy on N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide levels and echocardiographic findings in patients with congestive heart failureFuat Gundogdu
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Echocardiography 24:113-7. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate the correlation between the NT-proBNP levels and echocardiographic findings for the patients who received carvedilol therapy in addition to standard therapy for congestive heart failure...
- The diagnostic accuracy and utility of a B-type natriuretic peptide test in a community population of patients with suspected heart failureAhmet Fuat
Department of Medicine, Darlington Memorial Hospital, Centre for Integrated Health Care Research, University of Durham, Darlington Primary Care Trust
Br J Gen Pract 56:327-33. 2006....
- Plasma adrenomedullin relation with Doppler-derived dP/dt in patients with congestive heart failureMaria Aurora Morales
Cardiology and Cardiovascular Biochemistry Laboratory, CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
Clin Cardiol 29:126-30. 2006..Increased circulating adrenomedullin (AM) concentration has been reported in congestive heart failure (HF) and considered as a possible marker of cardiac dysfunction...
- Alternate circulating pro-B-type natriuretic peptide and B-type natriuretic peptide forms in the general populationCarolyn S P Lam
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1193-202. 2007..This study was designed to determine whether alternate pro-B-type natriuretic peptide (proBNP) and BNP forms circulate in the general population...
- Diagnostic and prognostic performance of N-terminal ProBNP in primary care patients with suspected heart failureFinn Gustafsson
Department of Cardiology, Frederiksberg University Hospital, Denmark
J Card Fail 11:S15-20. 2005BACKGROUND: The value of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) in terms of diagnosis and prognosis in congestive heart failure (CHF) and left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVSD) has been demonstrated previously in ..
- The effects of ejection fraction on N-terminal ProBNP and BNP levels in patients with acute CHF: analysis from the ProBNP Investigation of Dyspnea in the Emergency Department (PRIDE) studyAnnabel Chen
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Card Fail 11:S9-14. 2005..Limited data exist regarding the impact of left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) on N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) and B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels in patients with acute congestive heart failure (..
- Comparison of the effects of omapatrilat and lisinopril on circulating neurohormones and cytokines in patients with chronic heart failureTej Sheth
Division of Cardiology, University of Toronto and University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Cardiol 90:496-500. 2002..035), but not with omapatrilat. In contrast, N-terminal ANP levels did not change, and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels tended to decrease similarly in both groups...
- Is plasma N-BNP a good indicator of the functional reserve of failing hearts? The FRESH-BNP studySimon G Williams
Academic Unit of Molecular Vascular Medicine, University of Leeds, Martin Wing, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
Eur J Heart Fail 6:891-900. 2004Whether plasma N-terminal brain natriuretic peptide (N-BNP) is useful in the diagnosis of heart failure (HF) depends traditionally on whether it is as good as the putative 'gold-standard', left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF), in ..
- The diagnosis of heart failure in general practice: implications for the UK National Service FrameworkNigel Sparrow
Newthorpe Medical Practice, Chewton Street, Eastwood, Nottingham NG16 3HB, UK
Eur J Heart Fail 5:349-54. 2003..Selection of patients for this investigation in primary care is difficult. It is not clear which clinical features best identify patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction...
- In patients with severe systolic dysfunction, only brain natriuretic peptide is related to diastolic restrictive patternBruna Catuzzo
University Division of Cardiology, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Card Fail 9:303-10. 2003..systolic dysfunction the relationship between diastolic dysfunction and plasma levels of atrial and brain natriuretic peptide (ANP, BNP), catecholamines, renin, and aldosterone in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF) has ..
- The impact of B-type natriuretic peptide levels on the diagnoses and management of congestive heart failureRamin Tabbibizar
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, San Diego VA Healthcare System, University of California, San Diego, California USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 17:340-5. 2002..In the future, BNP may be used to modulate treatment of patients in the decompensated setting as well as in titrating outpatient therapy...
- The potential of brain natriuretic peptide as a biomarker for New York Heart Association class during the outpatient treatment of heart failureShang-Chiun Lee
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Card Fail 8:149-54. 2002BACKGROUND: Plasma C-terminal atrial natriuretic peptide (C-ANP), N-terminal ANP (N-ANP), and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) have diagnostic utility in detecting left ventricular dysfunction...
- Combination of B-type natriuretic peptide and peak oxygen consumption improves risk stratification in outpatients with chronic heart failureRichard Isnard
Service de cardiologie, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 14 Heart, vessels, muscle UPRES EA 2390, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, AP HP, Paris, France
Am Heart J 146:729-35. 2003..The purpose of this study was to assess whether plasma B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) provided any additional prognostic information...
- Can brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) be used as a screening tool in general practice?Maria Schaufelberger
Department of Cardiology, Mölnlycke Primary Health Care and Research Centre, Molnlycke, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 22:187-90. 2004To investigate plasma brain natriuretic peptide (p-BNP) in consecutive primary care patients for heart failure screening.
- Practical considerations for BNP useClyde W Yancy
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9047, USA
Heart Fail Rev 8:369-73. 2003..New biomarkers for heart failure similar to BNP are on the horizon but their clinical niche has yet to be determined...
- Diagnostic and prognostic evaluation of left ventricular systolic heart failure by plasma N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide concentrations in a large sample of the general populationB A Groenning
Department of Cardiology and Endocrinology, Copenhagen University Hospital Frederiksberg, 57 Nordre Fasanvej, DK 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Heart 90:297-303. 2004To evaluate N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) as a diagnostic and prognostic marker for systolic heart failure in the general population.
- Coping Skills Training in Heart Failure: Outcomes and MechanismsAndrew Sherwood; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Molecular mechanism of senile cardiac amyloidosisLawreen H Connors; Fiscal Year: 2010..in patient sera at baseline and annually for 3 years and correlating results with cardiac troponin I, brain natriuretic peptide, left ventricular (LV) end-diastolic and end-systolic diameters, and LV ejection fraction as measures of ..
- Heart Failure Incidence and Progression in Renal DiseaseMichael Shlipak; Fiscal Year: 2007..In persons with established heart failure and CRI, the combination of proBNP, hsCRP, and troponin-T may be optimal for risk stratification and informing long-term prognosis. ..
- A Family Partnership Intervention for Heart FailureSandra Dunbar; Fiscal Year: 2009..converting enzyme inhibitors and diuretics (Medication Event Monitoring System), heart failure severity (brain natriuretic peptide levels), functional ability (6 minute walk distance), HF patient depressive symptoms (Beck Depression ..
- Plasmon-Controlled Fluorescence and Cardiac MarkersJoseph Lakowicz; Fiscal Year: 2009..Cardiac troponin I and BMP are present at lower concentrations and their detection will drive development of nanostructures for high sensitivity detection. ..
- Plasmon-Controlled Fluorescence and Cardiac MarkersJoseph Lakowicz; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cardiac troponin I and BMP are present at lower concentrations and their detection will drive development of nanostructures for high sensitivity detection. ..
- Regulation of the Atrial Natriuretic Peptide ReceptorLINCOLN POTTER; Fiscal Year: 2005..In response to increased blood pressure, atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) are secreted from the heart and stimulate vasorelaxation and fluid loss. On the other hand...
- ATP-MODULATED SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION MECHANISM OF ANF-RGCTeresa Duda; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies are most fundamental in nature, yet they are directly applicable to the molecular understanding the disease processes resulting in hypertension, heart dystrophy, water balance and fluid secretion. ..
- ATP-MODULATED SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION MECHANISM OF ANF-RGCTeresa Duda; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies are most fundamental in nature, yet they are directly applicable to the molecular understanding the disease processes resulting in hypertension, heart dystrophy, water balance and fluid secretion. ..
- ATP-MODULATED SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION MECHANISM OF ANF-RGCTeresa Duda; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies are most fundamental in nature, yet they are directly applicable to the molecular understanding the disease processes resulting in hypertension, heart dystrophy, water balance and fluid secretion. ..
- EXPRESSION AND REGULATION OF ATRIAL NATRIURETIC FACTORDavid Gardner; Fiscal Year: 2002..Atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) is preferentially expressed in the cardiac atria while brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) expression shows a more equivalent distribution in atrial and ventricular myocytes...
- Natriuretic Peptides, Genes, and Diastolic Heart FailureThomas Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Each of these skills will be critical to the candidate's long-term goal of becoming an independent clinical investigator with a focus on heart failure. ..
- Regulated Long-Term Cardiac BNP Expression in Hypertensive Heart DiseaseYASUHIRO contact IKEDA; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will test if regulated long-term cardiac BNP expression ameliorates HHD. Our results will elucidate the role of BNP in hypertension and may lead to a novel chronic BNP therapy strategy for human HHD. ..
- SPR Imaging Studies of Nucleic Acid Microarrays for Biomarker DetectionROBERT CORN; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- SPR Imaging Studies of Nucleic Acid Microarrays for Biomarker DetectionRobert M Corn; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- SPR Imaging Studies of Nucleic Acid Microarrays for Biomarker DetectionROBERT CORN; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- PREVALENCE OF ASYMPTOMATIC VENTRICULAR DYSFUNCTIONRichard Rodeheffer; Fiscal Year: 2004..has shown that both systolic and diastolic LVD are associated with elevated plasma concentrations of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP), a peptide secreted by the heart in response to increased cardiac filling pressure, that may serve ..
- PREDICTORS OF RECURRENT STROKE IN THE PROGRESS STUDYDuncan Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, plasma markers that predict risk of recurrent stroke may indicate novel therapies to prevent this condition. ..
- Cardiovascular Status of HAART-Exposed Infants/ChildrenSteven Lipshultz; Fiscal Year: 2006..determine how left ventricular (LV) structure and function, serum cardiac troponin T (cTnT), serum pro brain natriuretic peptide (proBNP), and serum high sensitivity C reactive protein (hsCRP) are affected by HAART exposure...
- External Counterpulsation in Acute Coronary SyndromeAndrew Michaels; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- MOLECULAR PATHWAYS CONTROLLING CARDIAC GENE EXPRESSIONJeffery Molkentin; Fiscal Year: 2002..genes such as the alpha-myosin heavy chain, cardiac troponin-C, atrial natriuretic factor, and brain natriuretic peptide. Recent investigations have also directly implicated GATA4 as a transcriptional regulator of the ..
- REGULATION OF ANP RECEPTOR ACTIVITY IN VASCULAR CELLSDavid Gardner; Fiscal Year: 2005..NPR-A binds to two cardiac hormones, atrial and brain natriuretic peptide (ANP and BNP, respectively) while NPR-B associates predominantly with the C-type natriuretic peptide (..
- CARDIOVASCULAR STRESS OF SLEEP APNEA AND HEART FAILUREAlan Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..