Genomes and Genes
tissue plasminogen activator
Summary: A proteolytic enzyme in the serine protease family found in many tissues which converts PLASMINOGEN to PLASMIN. It has fibrin-binding activity and is immunologically different from URINARY PLASMINOGEN ACTIVATOR. The primary sequence, composed of 527 amino acids, is identical in both the naturally occurring and synthetic proteases. EC 184.108.40.206.
Publications286 found, 100 shown here
- Thrombolysis with alteplase 3 to 4.5 hours after acute ischemic strokeWerner Hacke
Department of Neurology, Universitat Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
N Engl J Med 359:1317-29. 2008..We tested the efficacy and safety of alteplase administered between 3 and 4.5 hours after the onset of a stroke...
- Thrombolysis with alteplase for acute ischaemic stroke in the Safe Implementation of Thrombolysis in Stroke-Monitoring Study (SITS-MOST): an observational studyNils Wahlgren
Department of Neurology, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Lancet 369:275-82. 2007..Under European Union regulations, SITS-MOST was required to assess the safety profile of alteplase in clinical practice by comparison with results in randomised controlled trials...
- National US estimates of recombinant tissue plasminogen activator use: ICD-9 codes substantially underestimateDawn Kleindorfer
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Department of Neurology, 231 Albert Sabin Way ML 0525, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0525, USA
Stroke 39:924-8. 2008Current US estimates of recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) use have been based either on extrapolation of regional studies or on administrative database estimates, both of which may have inherent biases...
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator: a historical perspective and personal accountD Collen
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Thromb Haemost 2:541-6. 2004..Genetically modified variants of t-PA have been developed for bolus administration in patients with AMI...
- Safety profile of tissue plasminogen activator treatment among stroke patients carrying a common polymorphism (C-1562T) in the promoter region of the matrix metalloproteinase-9 geneJoan Montaner
Neurovascular Research Laboratory, Stroke Unit, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 34:2851-5. 2003..barrier disruption, has been implicated in the appearance of hemorrhagic transformation (HT) after tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) treatment in stroke patients...
- NR2D-containing NMDA receptors mediate tissue plasminogen activator-promoted neuronal excitotoxicityA Baron
INSERM U, Cyceron, University of Caen Basse Normandie, Caen, France
Cell Death Differ 17:860-71. 2010..This study shows that the earlier described pro-neurotoxic effect of tPA is mediated by NR2D-containing NMDAR-dependent extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation, a deleterious effect prevented by synaptic pre-activation...
- The human tissue plasminogen activator-Cre mouse: a new tool for targeting specifically neural crest cells and their derivatives in vivoThomas Pietri
UMR 144 Compartimentation et Dynamique Cellulaire Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique et Institut Curie, 26 rue d'Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Dev Biol 259:176-87. 2003..We have established a new transgenic line expressing the Cre recombinase under the control of the human tissue plasminogen activator promoter (Ht-PA)...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 pretreatment level predicts intracranial hemorrhagic complications after thrombolysis in human strokeJoan Montaner
Cerebrovascular Unit, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Circulation 107:598-603. 2003..Moreover, MMP inhibitors reduce hemorrhagic transformation (HT) after embolic ischemia in tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA)-treated animals...
- Recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator (Alteplase) for ischemic stroke 3 to 5 hours after symptom onset. The ATLANTIS Study: a randomized controlled trial. Alteplase Thrombolysis for Acute Noninterventional Therapy in Ischemic StrokeW M Clark
Oregon Stroke Center, Portland 97201, USA
JAMA 282:2019-26. 1999..This restricts the number of patients who can be treated, since most stroke patients present more than 3 hours after symptom onset...
- Methodology of the Interventional Management of Stroke III TrialPooja Khatri
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati, 231 Albert Sabin Way ML 0525, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0525, USA
Int J Stroke 3:130-7. 2008..a.) approach to recanalization may be more effective than standard i.v. rt-PA (Activase) alone for moderate-to-large National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS>or=10) strokes, and with a similar safety profile...
- Coronary stenting plus platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa blockade compared with tissue plasminogen activator in acute myocardial infarction. Stent versus Thrombolysis for Occluded Coronary Arteries in Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction Study InvestigaA Schomig
Deutsches Herzzentrum, 1 Medizinische Klinik rechts der Isar, Munich, Germany
N Engl J Med 343:385-91. 2000..of platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptors produces a greater degree of myocardial salvage than fibrinolysis with an accelerated infusion of alteplase, a tissue plasminogen activator, in patients with acute myocardial infarction.
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator rescues neurones from serum deprivation-induced apoptosis through a mechanism independent of its proteolytic activityGeraldine Liot
INSERM, INSERM Avenir tPA in the working brain, Caen, France Université de Caen Basse Normandie, Caen, France GIP Cyceron, Caen, France
J Neurochem 98:1458-64. 2006....
- Photoreceptor status after resolved macular edema in branch retinal vein occlusion treated with tissue plasminogen activatorTomoaki Murakami
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 143:171-3. 2007To evaluate the integrity of photoreceptors in macular edema (ME) associated with branch retinal vein occlusion after intravitreal tissue plasminogen activator.
- Complications associated with the use of urokinase and recombinant tissue plasminogen activator for catheter-directed peripheral arterial and venous thrombolysisK Ouriel
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 11:295-8. 2000..In an effort to better characterize the complications associated with urokinase (UK) and recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA), the clinical course of patients treated for lower extremity vascular occlusions at a single ..
- Normobaric hyperoxia reduces the neurovascular complications associated with delayed tissue plasminogen activator treatment in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemiaWenlan Liu
College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Stroke 40:2526-31. 2009A major limitation of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) thrombolysis for ischemic stroke is the narrow time window for safe and effective therapy...
- Efficacy and safety of tissue plasminogen activator 3 to 4.5 hours after acute ischemic stroke: a metaanalysisMaarten G Lansberg
Stanford Stroke Center, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304 9705, USA
Stroke 40:2438-41. 2009..European Cooperative Acute Stroke Study (ECASS-3) demonstrated a benefit of treatment with intravenous tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) for acute stroke in the 3- to 4.5-hour time-window...
- Tissue plasminogen activator promotes matrix metalloproteinase-9 upregulation after focal cerebral ischemiaKiyoshi Tsuji
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA, USA
Stroke 36:1954-9. 2005Thrombolytic therapy with tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) in ischemic stroke is limited by increased risks of cerebral hemorrhage and brain injury...
- The proteolytic activity of tissue-plasminogen activator enhances NMDA receptor-mediated signalingO Nicole
, UMR CNRS 6551, , UPRES EA 2609, Bd H. Becquerel, Cyeron BP 5229, F-14074 Caen Cedex, France
Nat Med 7:59-64. 2001..These data provide insight into the regulation of NMDA-receptor-mediated signaling and could initiate therapeutic strategies to improve the efficacy of t-PA treatment in man...
- A graphic reanalysis of the NINDS TrialJerome R Hoffman
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 54:329-36, 336.e1-35. 2009..The initial report of the National Institute of Neurologic Diseases and Stroke (NINDS) trials of tissue plasminogen activator in acute ischemic stroke is an example of this phenomenon.
- Portal vein thrombosis after hematopoietic cell transplantation: frequency, treatment and outcomeK Kikuchi
Gastroenterology/Hepatology Section and the Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and the University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 29:329-33. 2002..Prognosis depended on the severity of the underlying VOD and not PVT per se, suggesting that treatments directed solely toward dissolution of portal vein thrombi should be used with caution in this setting...
- Protective efficacy of a plasmid DNA encoding Japanese encephalitis virus envelope protein fused to tissue plasminogen activator signal sequences: studies in a murine intracerebral virus challenge modelMundrigri S Ashok
Department of Biochemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
Vaccine 20:1563-70. 2002..report the construction of chimeric DNA vaccine vectors in which secretory signal sequence derived from tissue plasminogen activator (TPA) was fused to the full length (pCMVTE) or 398 amino terminal amino acids (pCMVTdeltaE) of Japanese ..
- Tissue-type plasminogen activator in the ischemic brain: more than a thrombolyticManuel Yepes
Department of Neurology and Center for Neurodegenerative Disease, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Trends Neurosci 32:48-55. 2009..Here, the best studied pathways of tPA neurotoxicity are discussed along with future directions for a safer use of tPA as a thrombolytic agent in the setting of acute ischemic stroke...
- Male-female differences in the genetic regulation of t-PA and PAI-1 levels in a Ghanaian populationJ A Schoenhard
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, TN, USA
Hum Genet 124:479-88. 2008....
- Activation of the epidermal growth factor signalling pathway by tissue plasminogen activator in pancreas cancer cellsMariano Hurtado
Unitat de Recerca Biomedica, Institut de Recerca, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Pg Vall d Hebron 119 129, Barcelona 08035, Spain
Gut 56:1266-74. 2007b>Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) is the major activator of plasminogen in plasma. This serine protease is overexpressed by exocrine pancreas tumour cells, where it promotes tumour cell proliferation, growth, and invasion...
- The effects of polymorphisms in genes from the renin-angiotensin, bradykinin, and fibrinolytic systems on plasma t-PA and PAI-1 levels are dependent on environmental contextFolkert W Asselbergs
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Hum Genet 122:275-81. 2007..The present study emphasizes the importance of including environmental factors in genetic analyses to fully comprehend the genetic architecture of a specific trait...
- Neural stem cells rescue nervous purkinje neurons by restoring molecular homeostasis of tissue plasminogen activator and downstream targetsJianxue Li
Department of Neurology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Neurosci 26:7839-48. 2006..We previously identified in nr cerebellum a 10-fold increase in tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) as a key component of the mechanism causing nr PN death...
- Thrombolytic therapy with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke: where do we go from here? A cumulative meta-analysisJ M Wardlaw
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, Scotland, UK
Stroke 34:1437-42. 2003Recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rtPA; Actilyse) is not as widely used in clinical practice as it could be. Have new data since 1995 strengthened the evidence sufficiently to justify more widespread use of rtPA?
- Tenascin-C triggers fibrin accumulation by downregulation of tissue plasminogen activatorFlorence Brellier
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Novartis Research Foundation, Basel, Switzerland
FEBS Lett 585:913-20. 2011..Transcript profiling analysis identified tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) as the most consistently over-expressed gene in all tenascin-C deficient MEFs...
- Tissue plasminogen activator and NMDA receptor cleavageTomasz Matys
Nat Med 9:371-2; author reply 372-3. 2003
- Time to treatment with intravenous alteplase and outcome in stroke: an updated pooled analysis of ECASS, ATLANTIS, NINDS, and EPITHET trialsKennedy R Lees
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Lancet 375:1695-703. 2010Early administration of intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) after ischaemic stroke improves outcome...
- The rewards of nicotine: regulation by tissue plasminogen activator-plasmin system through protease activated receptor-1Taku Nagai
Laboratory of Neuropsychopharmacology, Division of Life Sciences, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
J Neurosci 26:12374-83. 2006..Here we show that the tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)-plasmin system regulates nicotine-induced reward and dopamine release by activating protease ..
- Gender-specific correlations of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and tissue plasminogen activator levels with cardiovascular disease-related traitsF W Asselbergs
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 5:313-20. 2007..was to examine the correlations between plasma levels of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) and cardiovascular disease-related traits in a general population and whether these correlations ..
- Tissue plasminogen activator in the amygdala is critical for stress-induced anxiety-like behaviorRobert Pawlak
Laboratory of Neurobiology and Genetics, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Neurosci 6:168-74. 2003..These studies support the idea that tPA is critical for the development of anxiety-like behavior after stress...
- The role of tissue plasminogen activator in methamphetamine-related reward and sensitizationTaku Nagai
Department of Neuropsychopharmacology and Hospital Pharmacy, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsuruma cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8560, Japan
J Neurochem 92:660-7. 2005In the central nervous system, tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) plays a role in synaptic plasticity and remodeling. Our recent study has suggested that tPA participates in the rewarding effects of morphine by regulating dopamine release...
- Ultrasound-enhanced systemic thrombolysis for acute ischemic strokeAndrei V Alexandrov
Stroke Treatment Team, University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston 77030, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2170-8. 2004..that is aimed at residual obstructive intracranial blood flow may help expose thrombi to tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA)...
- Influence of fibrin network conformation and fibrin fiber diameter on fibrinolysis speed: dynamic and structural approaches by confocal microscopyJ P Collet
Department of Cardiology, Hemostasis Laboratory, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Paris, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:1354-61. 2000..A dynamic study of FITC-recombinant tissue plasminogen activator distribution within the fibrin matrix during the course of fibrinolysis showed that the binding front ..
- The effect of flow on lysis of plasma clots in a plasma environmentD V Sakharov
Gaubius Laboratory, TNO Prevention and Health, Leiden, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 83:469-74. 2000..In the case of fibrin-specific lysis, the effect of flow on the speed of fibrinolysis is always beneficial...
- Guidelines for the early management of adults with ischemic stroke: a guideline from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Stroke Council, Clinical Cardiology Council, Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention Council, and the AtherosHarold P Adams
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, USA
Circulation 115:e478-534. 2007..The intended audience is physicians and other emergency healthcare providers who treat patients within the first 48 hours after stroke. In addition, information for healthcare policy makers is included...
- Tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke in clinical practice: a meta-analysis of safety dataGlenn D Graham
Albuquerque VA and University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Department of Neurology, VA Medical Center, Albuquerque, NM 87122, USA
Stroke 34:2847-50. 2003Concerns persist regarding the safety of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) therapy for acute ischemic stroke...
- Ultra-early clot aspiration after lysis with tissue plasminogen activator in a porcine model of intracerebral hemorrhage: edema reduction and blood-brain barrier protectionK R Wagner
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio, USA
J Neurosurg 90:491-8. 1999..Ultra-early hematoma evacuation (< 4 hours) after intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) may reduce mass effect and edema development and improve outcome. To test this hypothesis, the authors induced lobar hematomas in pigs...
- Hyperbaric oxygen-induced attenuation of hemorrhagic transformation after experimental focal transient cerebral ischemiaZhiyong Qin
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Stroke 38:1362-7. 2007An increased risk of hemorrhagic transformation is a major factor limiting the use of tissue plasminogen activator for stroke...
- Tissue plasminogen activator mediated blood-brain barrier damage in transient focal cerebral ischemia in rats: relevance of interactions between thrombotic material and thrombolytic agentTimo Kahles
Department of Neurology, University Hospital, JW Goethe University Frankfurt, Schleusenweg 2 16, ZNN, 60528 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Vascul Pharmacol 43:254-9. 2005..The results of the present study indicate a major role for thrombus-thrombolytic interaction in focal cerebral ischemia with subsequent increased BBB permeability...
- Fibrinolysis: the key to new pathogenetic mechanismsEsther Zorio
Hospital Universitario La Fe, Centro de Investigacion, Servicio de Cardiología y Servicio de Ginecología Valencia, Spain
Curr Med Chem 15:923-9. 2008....
- Plasma cellular-fibronectin concentration predicts hemorrhagic transformation after thrombolytic therapy in acute ischemic strokeMar Castellanos
Department of Neurology, Hospital Universitari Doctor Josep Trueta in affiliation with the UAB, Avda Francia s n, Girona 17007, Spain
Stroke 35:1671-6. 2004..We investigated whether high plasma levels of c-Fn were associated with hemorrhagic transformation (HT) after treatment with tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) in patients with acute stroke.
- Immunization with plasmid DNA encoding influenza A virus nucleoprotein fused to a tissue plasminogen activator signal sequence elicits strong immune responses and protection against H5N1 challenge in miceMengcheng Luo
State Key Laboratory of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, China
J Virol Methods 154:121-7. 2008..In the present study, a DNA vaccine encoding the conserved nucleoprotein (NP) with a tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) signal sequence (ptPAs/NP) was generated, and immune responses were examined in vaccinated mice...
- Combined treatment of acute subretinal haemorrhages with intravitreal recombined tissue plasminogen activator, expansile gas and bevacizumab: a retrospective pilot studyCarsten H Meyer
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Bonn, Germany
Acta Ophthalmol 86:490-4. 2008To assess the effectiveness of consecutive intravitreal injections of recombined tissue plasminogen activator (rtPA), expansile gas and bevacizumab in eyes with acute subretinal haemorrhage (SRH).
- Tissue plasminogen activator neurovascular toxicity is controlled by activated protein CDong Liu
Frank P Smith Laboratory for Neuroscience and Neurosurgical Research, Department of Neurosurgery and Division of Neurovascular Biology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 645, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Nat Med 10:1379-83. 2004Although thrombolytic effects of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) are beneficial, its neurotoxicity is problematic...
- Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and matrix metalloproteinases in the pathogenesis of stroke: therapeutic strategiesRao Muralikrishna Adibhatla
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 7:243-53. 2008....
- Normobaric hyperoxia and delayed tPA treatment in a rat embolic stroke modelNils Henninger
Department of Neurology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 29:119-29. 2009..embolic stroke (eMCAO) model, the effects of 100% normobaric hyperoxia (NBO) with delayed recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) administration on ischemic lesion size and safety were assessed by diffusion- and perfusion (PWI)-..
- Epistatic effects of polymorphisms in genes from the renin-angiotensin, bradykinin, and fibrinolytic systems on plasma t-PA and PAI-1 levelsFolkert W Asselbergs
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Genomics 89:362-9. 2007b>Tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) directly influence thrombus formation and degradation and thereby risk for arterial thrombosis...
- Activated protein C inhibits tissue plasminogen activator-induced brain hemorrhageTong Cheng
Frank P. Smith Laboratory for Neuroscience and Neurosurgical Research, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Nat Med 12:1278-85. 2006Brain hemorrhage is a serious complication of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) therapy for ischemic stroke...
- Comparison of tissue plasminogen activator administration management between Telestroke Network hospitals and academic stroke centers: the Telemedical Pilot Project for Integrative Stroke Care in Bavaria/GermanyHeinrich J Audebert
Department of Neurology, Städtisches Klinikum München GmbH, Klinikum Harlaching, Munchen, Germany
Stroke 37:1822-7. 2006..Telemedicine may help to extend its use. However, concerns remain whether management and safety of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) administration after telemedical consultation are equivalent in less experienced hospitals ..
- Edaravone, a free radical scavenger, inhibits MMP-9-related brain hemorrhage in rats treated with tissue plasminogen activatorKenji Yagi
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
Stroke 40:626-31. 2009Intracerebral hemorrhage, induced by recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rtPA) in ischemic stroke, is attributable to the increased activity of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9)...
- Mast cell stabilization reduces hemorrhage formation and mortality after administration of thrombolytics in experimental ischemic strokeDaniel Strbian
Department of Neurology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 8, 00290 Helsinki, Finland
Circulation 116:411-8. 2007Thrombolysis with tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) improves stroke outcome, but hemorrhagic complications and reperfusion injury occasionally impede favorable prognosis after vessel recanalization...
- Evolving therapeutic approaches to treating acute ischemic strokeJesse M Weinberger
Mt Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1139, New York, NY 10029, United States
J Neurol Sci 249:101-9. 2006Stroke contributes significantly to death, disability, and healthcare costs; however, recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) is the only approved thrombolytic therapy for acute ischemic stroke...
- The gender-specific role of polymorphisms from the fibrinolytic, renin-angiotensin, and bradykinin systems in determining plasma t-PA and PAI-1 levelsFolkert W Asselbergs
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 96:471-7. 2006b>Tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) directly influence thrombus formation and degradation and thus risk for arterial thrombosis...
- Fibrinolysis therapy achieved with tissue plasminogen activator and aspiration of the liquefied clot after experimental intracerebral hemorrhage: rapid reduction in hematoma volume but intensification of delayed edema formationVeit Rohde
Department of Neurosurgery, Aachen University, Germany
J Neurosurg 97:954-62. 2002Fibrinolysis therapy accomplished using tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and aspiration is considered to be a viable alternative to microsurgery and medical therapy for the treatment of deep-seated spontaneous intracerebral hematomas (..
- Safety of mechanical thrombectomy and intravenous tissue plasminogen activator in acute ischemic stroke. Results of the multi Mechanical Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI) trial, part IW S Smith
Department of Neurology, University of California-San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1177-82. 2006..of the Merci Retriever for opening intracranial vessels in patients ineligible for intravenous (IV) tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)...
- Induction of posterior vitreous detachment in rabbits by intravitreal injection of tissue plasminogen activator following cryopexyL Hesse
Department of Ophthalmology, Philipps University, Marburg, FRG, Germany
Exp Eye Res 70:31-9. 2000The purpose of this study was to generate intravitreal plasmin after intravitreal injection of tissue plasminogen activator (TPA) and cryopexy, and to assess its proteolytic effect on the vitreoretinal border region...
- A population-based study in Ghana to investigate inter-individual variation in plasma t-PA and PAI-1Scott M Williams
Center for Human Genetics Research, 519 Light Hall, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, TN 37232 0700, USA
Ethn Dis 17:492-7. 2007..We have initiated a large-scale population-based study to characterize the genetic architecture of plasma t-PA and PAI-1 in Blacks from Sunyani, Ghana...
- Misdiagnosis of stroke in tissue plasminogen activator-treated patients: characteristics and outcomesPhillip A Scott
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0303, USA
Ann Emerg Med 42:611-8. 2003..We report an evaluation of emergency department misdiagnoses in patients treated with tissue plasminogen activator for acute ischemic stroke.
- Enhancing community delivery of tissue plasminogen activator in stroke through community-academic collaborative clinical knowledge translationPhillip A Scott
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48106 0381, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 27:115-36, ix. 2009..Approximately 1% of stroke patients in community settings are receiving tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) therapy 12 years after US Food and Drug Administration approval...
- Cost-effectiveness of intravenous thrombolysis with alteplase within a 3-hour window after acute ischemic strokeLars Ehlers
HTA Unit, Aarhus University Hospital, Olof Palmes Allé 17, 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Stroke 38:85-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to assess the costs and cost-effectiveness of intravenous thrombolysis treatment with alteplase (Actilyse) of acute ischemic stroke with 24-hour in-house neurology coverage and use of magnetic resonance imaging...
- In acute ischemic stroke, are asymptomatic intracranial hemorrhages clinically innocuous?David M Kent
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Department of Medicine, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington St, Box 63, Boston, Mass 02111, USA
Stroke 35:1141-6. 2004..We examined whether the occurrence of an asymptomatic intracranial hemorrhage affects functional outcome in patients with acute ischemic stroke (AIS) treated or not treated with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA).
- Arteriographic demonstration of slow antegrade opacification distal to a cerebrovascular thromboembolic occlusion site as a favorable indicator for intra-arterial thrombolysisG A Christoforidis
Department of Radiology, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1528-31. 2006....
- Comparison of urokinase, alteplase, and reteplase for catheter-directed thrombolysis of deep venous thrombosisMichael R Grunwald
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Blalock 545, 600 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:347-52. 2004..with catheter-directed thrombolysis with urokinase (UK) and the recombinant agents alteplase (tissue plasminogen activator [TPA]) and reteplase (recombinant plasminogen activator [RPA]) in the treatment of symptomatic deep ..
- A pilot study of dual treatment with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator and uric acid in acute ischemic strokeSergio Amaro
Stroke 38:2173-5. 2007BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Uric acid (UA) increases the neuroprotective effects of recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) in experimental ischemia...
- The Cologne stroke experience: safety and outcome in 450 patients treated with intravenous thrombolysisJan Sobesky
Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 24:56-65. 2007..Predictors of outcome and safety in intravenous thrombolysis within 3 h in clinical routine is a matter of ongoing debate. Available reports contain small patient numbers or summarize heterogeneous multicenter data...
- Relationship between the door-to-TIMI-3 flow time and the infarct size in patients suffering from acute myocardial infarction: analysis based on the fibrinolysis and subsequent transluminal (FAST-3) trialKazuhiro Watanabe
Department of Cardiology, Surugadai Nihon University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 68:280-5. 2004....
- Intravenous thrombolysis in German stroke units before and after regulatory approval of recombinant tissue plasminogen activatorC Weimar
Department of Neurology, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 22:429-31. 2006Intravenous thrombolysis with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) within 3 h after onset of focal cerebral ischemia was approved in Germany in August 2000.
- Intravenous thrombolysis for acute ischemic strokeThomas A Tomsick
University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Stroke Team, The Neuroscience Institute, Dept of Radiology, The University Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0762, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:S67-76. 2004..Herein, is a broad review of the knowledge gained and insights created from studies in which thrombolytic treatment was used in patients with stroke...
- Rescue localized intra-arterial thrombolysis for hyperacute MCA ischemic stroke patients after early non-responsive intravenous tissue plasminogen activator therapyDong Joon Kim
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, 120-752, South Korea
Neuroradiology 47:616-21. 2005The outcome of patients who show no early response to intravenous (i.v.) tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) therapy is poor...
- A proposed reference method for plasminogen activators that enables calculation of enzyme activities in SI unitsC Longstaff
Division of Haematology, National Institute for Biological Standards and Control, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, UK
J Thromb Haemost 2:1416-21. 2004..of a range of plasminogen activators (PAs) used as thrombolytic agents, including streptokinase, tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and variants, and urokinase (uPA), both single and two chain forms...
- The stroke-thrombolytic predictive instrument: a predictive instrument for intravenous thrombolysis in acute ischemic strokeDavid M Kent
Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Stroke 37:2957-62. 2006Many patients with ischemic stroke eligible for recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) are not treated in part because of the risks and benefits perceived by treating physicians...
- Intravenous or intra-arterial thrombolysis?: it's time to find the right approach for the right patientHeinrich P Mattle
Stroke 38:2038-40. 2007
- Acute stroke management in the elderlyNeer Zeevi
Department of Neurology, Hartford Hospital, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 23:304-8. 2007..We reviewed the management of older patients presenting with acute ischemic stroke (AIS) and assessed the safety and efficacy of recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rtPA) administration in a community-based setting.
- Frequency and predictors of symptomatic intracerebral hemorrhage in patients with ischemic stroke treated with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator outside clinical trialsJoan Marti-Fabregas
Department of Neurology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Cerebrovasc Dis 23:85-90. 2007To determine the frequency and predictors of symptomatic intracerebral hemorrhage (SICH) in patients treated with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA).
- Angiographic analysis of intravascular thrombus volume in patients with acute ischemic strokeAdnan I Qureshi
Imaging Core Laboratory, Zeenat Qureshi Stroke Research Center, Department of Neurology and Neurosciences, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, USA
J Endovasc Ther 14:475-82. 2007..To investigate the role that intravascular thrombus volume plays in mechanical thrombectomy and dose-titrated algorithms using pharmaceutical thrombolytic therapies...
- Pharmacological treatment of acute ischemic strokeJanet Murphy
Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego, Calif 92103 2180, USA
Crit Care Nurs Q 26:276-82. 2003..Clin Med. 2001; 1:60-65...
- [Thrombolytic therapy in acute ischemic stroke. Critical analysis of current knowledge]Veronica Murray
Medicinska kliniken, Danderyds sjukhus, Stockholm
Lakartidningen 101:662-8, 670-3. 2004..Giving priority to new large randomized controlled trials is essential to achieve this knowledge...
- [Staphylokinase--a specific plasminogen activator]Elibieta Rozpończyk
Katedra Biochemii Medycznej, Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Lodzi, Lodz
Postepy Biochem 52:80-6. 2006..This review will focus on the biochemical and thrombolytic properties of staphylokinase and its derivatives, which would make use of treatment in acute myocardial infarction and other cardiovascular diseases...
- Intra-arterial reteplase compared to urokinase for thrombolytic recanalization in acute ischemic strokeR M Sugg
Department of Neurology, University of Texas-Houston Medical School, Houston, TX, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:769-73. 2006....
- Direct action on the molecule is one of several mechanisms by which ultrasound enhances the fibrinolytic effects of reteplaseBjarne Madsen Härdig
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund, Cardiology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 17:105-12. 2006..Although this effect disappeared at moderately higher ultrasound intensity, the pre-exposure of clots to ultrasound of higher intensity induced increased fibrinolytic effects of reteplase solution...
- Fibrinolytic treatment for acute ischaemic strokeAvi Mazumdar
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 7:287-96. 2006..At present, intravenous administration of tissue plasminogen activator within 3 h of symptom onset is the only proven effective treatment for patients with acute ischaemic ..
- Therapy of basilar artery occlusion: a systematic analysis comparing intra-arterial and intravenous thrombolysisPerttu J Lindsberg
Department of Neurology, Neurosciences Program, Biomedicum Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Stroke 37:922-8. 2006....
- Multimodal therapy for the treatment of severe ischemic stroke combining GPIIb/IIIa antagonists and angioplasty after failure of thrombolysisAlex Abou-Chebl
Department of Neurology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Stroke 36:2286-8. 2005..9+/-8.7) and 6 (50%) had an NIHSS < or =4 at discharge. CONCLUSIONS: Multimodal rescue therapy was effective at recanalizing occluded cerebral vessels that failed thrombolysis without an excess risk of ICH...
- Inhibition of carboxypeptidase U (TAFIa) activity improves rt-PA induced thrombolysis in a dog model of coronary artery thrombosisJan Arne E Björkman
Department of Integrative Pharmacology, AstraZeneca R and D, S 431 83 Molndal, Sweden
Thromb Res 116:519-24. 2005..015), compared to rt-PA alone. These results indicate that an inhibitor of CPU activity may have a beneficial effect in patients undergoing thrombolytic therapy by attaining shorter time to reperfusion and improved coronary patency...
- A pilot study of a new thrombolytic agent for acute ischemic stroke in Taiwan within a five-hour windowHan Hwa Hu
Department of Neurology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan
Stroke 37:918-9. 2006..This study was the first clinical trial in Taiwan of a new thrombolytic agent human tissue urokinase type plasminogen activator (HTUPA) in patients with acute ischemic stroke...
- Safety of routine IV thrombolysis between 3 and 4.5 h after ischemic strokeM Uyttenboogaart
Department of Neurology, University Medical Center Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Neurol Sci 254:28-32. 2007The administration of tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) has been proven effective for ischemic stroke within 3 h after onset. A pooled-analysis of six trials showed that intravenous t-PA still improves outcome when given between 3 to 4...
- Thrombolytic therapy in acute ischemic stroke in Asia: The first prospective evaluationNijasri C Suwanwela
Neurological Unit, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 108:549-52. 2006..However, the experience in Asia is still limited. We report the first prospective case series of thrombolytic therapy in a developing Asian country...
- Revascularization end points in stroke interventional trials: recanalization versus reperfusion in IMS-IPooja Khatri
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati, Ohio, OH 45267 0525, USA
Stroke 36:2400-3. 2005..We sought to determine their relationship in the Interventional Management of Stroke (IMS) Phase I trial of combined intravenous (IV) and intraarterial (IA) recombinant tissue plasminogen activator.
- [Intravenous tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) for acute ischemic stroke in a local university hospital]Kazuo Takahashi
Department of Neurology, Hematology and Rheumatology, Shimane University School of Medicine, 89-1 Enya-cho, Izumo-shi, Shimane 693-8501, Japan
No To Shinkei 57:683-8. 2005..Although five patients died in our study, the cause of death in four patients was not hemorrhagic transformation but deteriorating ischemic infraction. The dose of t-PA that we used may have been safe but a little low for thrombolysis...
- Thrombolysis and neuroprotection in cerebral ischemiaM Gutierrez
Cerebrovascular Research Group, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Universidad Autonoma Madrid, Spain
Cerebrovasc Dis 21:118-26. 2006....
- Hemostatic activation and outcome after recombinant tissue plasminogen activator therapy for acute ischemic strokeDavid Tanne
Stroke Center, Department of Neurology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Stroke 37:1798-804. 2006Early thrombolytic therapy with intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rtPA) improves clinical outcome in acute ischemic stroke (AIS), but impaired endogenous fibrinolysis, thrombin generation, and vascular injury may ..
- Efficacy of thrombolytic (rt-PA) therapy in old stroke patients: the Perugia Stroke Unit experienceLucilla Parnetti
Stroke Unit, Department of Neuroscience, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Clin Exp Hypertens 28:397-404. 2006The use of intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) administered within 3 hrs from symptom onset is beneficial in selected patients independent of age; although oldest patients (> or = 80 years) are excluded a priori...
- Duty cycle dependence of ultrasound enhanced thrombolysis in a human clot modelJason M Meunier
Department of Emergency Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Ultrasound Med Biol 33:576-83. 2007Combined ultrasound and tissue plasminogen activator (rt-PA) therapy, or ultrasound enhanced thrombolysis (UET), has been shown to improve recanalization in patients with acute ischemic stroke...
- Symptomatic intracerebral hemorrhage following thrombolytic therapy for acute ischemic stroke: a review of the risk factorsMaarten G Lansberg
Stanford University, Stanford Stroke Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 24:1-10. 2007....
- Influence of gender on outcomes after intra-arterial thrombolysis for acute ischemic strokeS H Shah
Department of Neurology, UCLA Medical Center, USA
Neurology 66:1745-6. 2006....
- What's the "hyper" in hyperacute stroke? Strategies to improve outcomes in ischemic stroke patients presenting within 6 hoursMary Kay Bader
Mission Hospital, Mission Viejo, CA 92688, USA
AACN Adv Crit Care 17:194-214. 2006..quot; This category of stroke patients is eligible for treatment using intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator when treated within 3 hours, or interventional treatment options when treated within 6 hours of stroke ..
- Thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke: results of the Canadian Alteplase for Stroke Effectiveness StudyMichael D Hill
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alta
CMAJ 172:1307-12. 2005..The rate of symptomatic intracranial hemorrhage was low. Stroke thrombolysis is a safe and effective therapy in actual practice...
- Acute stroke care in the US: results from 4 pilot prototypes of the Paul Coverdell National Acute Stroke RegistryMathew J Reeves
Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA
Stroke 36:1232-40. 2005..This article describes key features of acute stroke care from 4 prototype registries in Georgia (Ga), Massachusetts (Mass), Michigan (Mich), and Ohio...
- Specialized Program of Translational Research In Acute Stroke at the PartnersKaren Furie; Fiscal Year: 2007..cell death, NBO may be a useful adjunctive therapy that extends the narrow (3-hour) time window for IV tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) therapy...
- Antiphospholipid antibodies and lupus: new molecular targets for treatmentSilvia S Pierangeli; Fiscal Year: 2010..There is strong evidence that annexin A2, a receptor for tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and plasminogen, and toll-like receptor 4 (TLR-4), a receptor for bacterial lipopolysaccharide (..
- Clotting genetic variant, hormones and venous thrombosisNicholas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..protein C receptor, protein S, antithrombin III, tissue activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor (TAFI), tissue plasminogen activator (TPA), and factors VIII, IX, X, and XlII A and B...
- MRI of Acute Vascular Injury and Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeRobert A Knight; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thrombolytic therapy with tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) acts to increase blood flow to the ischemic tissue and is the only approved treatment for acute ..
- MRI of Acute Vascular Injury and Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeRobert Knight; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thrombolytic therapy with tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) acts to increase blood flow to the ischemic tissue and is the only approved treatment for acute ..
- Transcranial Sonothrombolysis with Diagnostic UltrasoundThilo Hoelscher; Fiscal Year: 2009..contrast agents (UCA) potentiate the effect of sonothrombolysis, without or in combination with tissue Plasminogen Activator (tPA)...
- Transcranial Sonothrombolysis with Diagnostic UltrasoundThilo Hoelscher; Fiscal Year: 2010..contrast agents (UCA) potentiate the effect of sonothrombolysis, without or in combination with tissue Plasminogen Activator (tPA)...
- Interaction of Estrogen and Tissue Plasminogen ActivatorShaohua Yang; Fiscal Year: 2009The demonstration that recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rtPA) is useful for acute management is changing the approach to ischemic stroke. However, after more than a decade, the use of tPA therapy remains limited...
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL DIVERSITY DURING FETAL DEVELOPMENTEugene Levin; Fiscal Year: 2001..Using tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) expression as an endothelial cell marker, we have found a pattern of progressive and transitory ..
- Interaction of Estrogen and Tissue Plasminogen ActivatorShaohua Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010The demonstration that recombinant tissue plasminogen activator (rtPA) is useful for acute management is changing the approach to ischemic stroke. However, after more than a decade, the use of tPA therapy remains limited...
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CHRONIC CEREBRAL VASOSPASMRobert MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2000..Treatment of vasospasm, that includes calcium-channel antagonists, hemodynamic therapy and tissue plasminogen activator, accounts for some of the discrepancy between the number of patients with vasospasm seen ..
- LEUKOCYTE ADHESION RECEPTORS AND THROMBOSIS IN STROKEDavid Pinsky; Fiscal Year: 2001..the PAI-1 gene are relatively resistant to ischemic cerebral injury, in contrast to mice lacking the tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)gene...
- STRUCTURE-FUNCTION STUDIES ON PLASMINOGEN AND PLASMINFrancis Castellino; Fiscal Year: 1990..enzymology, immunochemistry, spectroscopic properties and molecular biology of human plasminogen, tissue plasminogen activator, urokinase, streptokinase and fibrin(ogen)...
- NMDA RECEPTOR FUNCTION BY SERINE PROTEASE RECEPTORSStephen Traynelis; Fiscal Year: 2003..serine protease-signaling systems, including precursors to the proteases, thrombin, plasmin, Factor Xa, tissue plasminogen activator (tPaA),urokinase, as well as the brain specific proteases and serpin protease inhibitors...
- Cardiovascular Effects of Scutellaria baicelensisChun Su Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2002..separate studies, we observed that quercetin, a plant flavonoid, inhibited endothelin-1 and stimulated tissue plasminogen activator in vascular endothelial cells...
- PEPTIDE MEDIATED ENHANCEMENT OF THROMBOLYSISDaniel Lawrence; Fiscal Year: 1999..PAI-1 may also play a major role in the clinical response to thrombolytic therapy with tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)...
- Stroke TherapyVINOD D LABHASETWAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..Intravenous administration of tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) is the only FDA-approved therapy to re-establish cerebral blood flow...
- REGULATION OF BRAIN THROMBOSIS IN STROKE MODELSBerislav Zlokovic; Fiscal Year: 2003..APC was protective in this thromboembolic model in wild type mice and in hypercoagulable mice lacking tissue plasminogen activator (tPA-/-)...
- WOUND HEALING ANGIOGENESISFrank Isik; Fiscal Year: 2002..include the plasminogen activator system, which consists of urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) and tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), balanced by plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1), which limits plasmin generation and ..
- A Novel Ultrasound Phased Array and Sonication Method for Stroke TreatmentsKullervo Hynynen; Fiscal Year: 2010..of patients that will have recanalization of the occluded vessel when administrated together with tissue plasminogen activator (tPA)...
- CEREBRAL HEMORRHAGE MODEL--MECHANISMS AND TREATMENTSKenneth Wagner; Fiscal Year: 1999..The delayed edema can be markedly reduced, even prevented, by early (4h) lysis of the clot with tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) followed by hematoma aspiration...