Genomes and Genes
Summary: Activated form of factor VII. Factor VIIa activates factor X in the extrinsic pathway of blood coagulation.
Publications242 found, 100 shown here
- Factor VIIa bound to endothelial cell protein C receptor activates protease activated receptor-1 and mediates cell signaling and barrier protectionProsenjit Sen
Center for Biomedical Research, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler, Tyler, TX, USA
Blood 117:3199-208. 2011Recent studies have shown that factor VIIa (FVIIa) binds to the endothelial cell protein C receptor (EPCR), a cellular receptor for protein C and activated protein C, but the physiologic significance of this interaction is unclear...
- Results of the CONTROL trial: efficacy and safety of recombinant activated Factor VII in the management of refractory traumatic hemorrhageCarl J Hauser
Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02216, USA
J Trauma 69:489-500. 2010Traumatic coagulopathy contributes to early death by exsanguination and late death in multiple organ failure. Recombinant Factor VIIa (rFVIIa, NovoSeven) is a procoagulant that might limit bleeding and improve trauma outcomes.
- Recombinant factor VIIa for variceal bleeding in patients with advanced cirrhosis: A randomized, controlled trialJaime Bosch
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Hospital Clinic and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red de Enfermedades Hepáticas y Digestivas CIBEREHD, University of Barcelona, Spain
Hepatology 47:1604-14. 2008..A marked heterogeneity in the failure rate in all treatment groups was observed across participating centers. Adverse events, including overall thromboembolic events, were comparable between groups...
- Recombinant factor VIIa is effective for bleeding and surgery in patients with Glanzmann thrombastheniaM C Poon
Departments of Medicine, Pediatrics, and Oncology, University of Calgary and Foothills Hospital, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Blood 94:3951-3. 1999..No adverse effects of rFVIIa were observed. Although the number of patients is small, our study suggests that rFVIIa may be an alternative to platelet transfusions in patients with a severe congenital thrombocytopathy...
- Endothelial cell protein C receptor acts as a cellular receptor for factor VIIa on endotheliumSamit Ghosh
Biomedical Research Division, The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Tyler, Texas 75708, USA
J Biol Chem 282:11849-57. 2007Although factor VII/factor VIIa (FVII/FVIIa) is known to interact with many non-vascular cells, activated monocytes, and endothelial cells via its binding to tissue factor (TF), the interaction of FVII/FVIIa with unperturbed endothelium ..
- Off-label use of recombinant factor VIIa in U.S. hospitals: analysis of hospital recordsAaron C Logan
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:516-22. 2011Recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) is approved for treatment of bleeding in patients who have hemophilia with inhibitors but has been applied to a wide range of off-label indications.
- Systematic review: benefits and harms of in-hospital use of recombinant factor VIIa for off-label indicationsVeronica Yank
Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:529-40. 2011Recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa), a hemostatic agent approved for hemophilia, is increasingly used for off-label indications.
- Effects of hyperglycemia and hyperinsulinemia on circulating tissue factor procoagulant activity and platelet CD40 ligandVijender R Vaidyula
Temple University Hospital, 3401 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Diabetes 55:202-8. 2006..2, factor VIII coagulant activity, and platelet CD40 ligand as well as decreases in factor VIIa, factor VII coagulant activities, and factor VII antigen...
- Treatment of Ebola virus infection with a recombinant inhibitor of factor VIIa/tissue factor: a study in rhesus monkeysThomas W Geisbert
Virology Division, US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, MD 21702, USA
Lancet 362:1953-8. 2003..Here, we tested the notion that blockade of fVIIa/tissue factor is beneficial after infection with Ebola virus...
- Tissue factor/factor VIIa inhibitors block angiogenesis and tumor growth through a nonhemostatic mechanismTodd A Hembrough
EntreMed, Inc, Laboratory of Discovery Research, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Cancer Res 63:2997-3000. 2003..coagulation on tumor growth, in vivo, we tested coagulation inhibitors specific for either tissue factor (TF)/factor VIIa (fVIIa) complexes or factor Xa (fXa) for antitumor activity...
- Safety profile of recombinant factor VIIaHarold R Roberts
Division of Hematology, Center for Thrombosis and Hemostasis, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Semin Hematol 41:101-8. 2004Recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa; NovoSeven(R), Novo Nordisk, Bagsvaerd, Denmark) has been used for many years in the successful management of bleeding episodes in patients with hemophilia and inhibitors...
- The role of tissue factor and factor VIIa in hemostasisNigel Mackman
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7035, USA
Anesth Analg 108:1447-52. 2009..However, the mechanism by which recombinant FVIIa restores hemostasis has not been clearly defined. In conclusion, the TF:FVIIa complex is essential for hemostasis and recombinant FVIIa is an effective hemostatic drug...
- Changing from aprotinin to tranexamic acid results in increased use of blood products and recombinant factor VIIa for aortic surgery requiring hypothermic arrestRoman M Sniecinski
Department of Anesthesiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 24:959-63. 2010..This study was undertaken to determine what, if any, the impact of changing antifibrinolytic agents (from aprotinin to tranexamic acid) for deep hypothermic circulatory arrest cases would have on blood bank resource utilization...
- Factor viia for alveolar hemorrhage in microscopic polyangiitisAlan D Betensley
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:1291-2. 2002
- Binding of factor VIIa to the endothelial cell protein C receptor reduces its coagulant activityJ López-Sagaseta
Haematology Department and the Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Laboratory of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, Clinica Universitaria School of Medicine, Centre for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Thromb Haemost 5:1817-24. 2007..Factor VII (FVII), the coagulation trigger upon tissue factor (TF) interaction, is a serine protease whose Gla domain is highly homologous to the Gla domain of protein C...
- The use of recombinant activated factor VII in trauma patients: Experience from the Australian and New Zealand haemostasis registryPeter Cameron
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Monash University and Alfred Hospital Emergency and Trauma Centre, Melbourne, Australia
Injury 38:1030-8. 2007..The role of rFVIIa is not defined in this group of patients. Registries provide an opportunity to review the patients, reported response and adverse events for rFVIIa...
- Tissue factor-factor VIIa complex induces epithelial ovarian cancer cell invasion and metastasis through a monocytes-dependent mechanismZhengwen Ma
Department of Neurobiology, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:616-24. 2011..However, it is not clear how tumor-associated macrophage and TF-FVIIa complex promotes EOC invasion. In the present study, we aimed to determine the mechanism by which interaction of TF-FVIIa and monocytes (MOs) promotes EOC metastasis...
- Kinetic modeling sheds light on the mode of action of recombinant factor VIIa on thrombin generationAlexander Y Mitrophanov
DoD Biotechnology High Performance Computing Software Applications Institute, Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center, US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command, ATTN MCMR TT, 504 Scott Street, Ft Detrick, MD 21702, USA
Thromb Res 128:381-90. 2011..To elucidate the inherent ability of rFVIIa to modulate thrombin production, it is necessary to identify rFVIIa-induced effects that are compatible with the available biochemical knowledge about thrombin generation mechanisms...
- Safety and efficacy of recombinant factor VIIa in patients with liver disease undergoing laparoscopic liver biopsyLennox Jeffers
Center for Liver Disease, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33125, USA
Gastroenterology 123:118-26. 2002....
- Recombinant activated factor VII in spinal surgery: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-escalation trialBarton Sachs
Texas Back Institute Clinical Research Organization, Plano, TX, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:2285-93. 2007..Randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, multicenter, Phase IIa study...
- Structure of human factor VIIa and its implications for the triggering of blood coagulationA C Pike
Structural Biology Laboratory, Chemistry Department, University of York, York YO10 5DD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:8925-30. 1999b>Factor VIIa (EC 18.104.22.168) is a trypsin-like serine protease that plays a key role in the blood coagulation cascade. On injury, factor VIIa forms a complex with its allosteric regulator, tissue factor, and initiates blood clotting...
- Recombinant factor VIIa: its background, development and clinical useUlla Hedner
University of Lund, Sweden
Curr Opin Hematol 14:225-9. 2007..For the first time it was shown that pharmacological doses of FVIIa induced hemostasis...
- First 20 years with recombinant FVIIa (NovoSeven)U Hedner
Department of Medicine, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
Haemophilia 17:e172-82. 2011..By exploiting this mechanism of action, rFVIIa may also be effective in situations other than haemophilia, characterized by an impaired thrombin generation...
- Whole blood coagulation thrombelastographic profiles employing minimal tissue factor activationB Sørensen
Center for Haemophilia and Thrombosis, Department of Clinical Immunology, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Denmark
J Thromb Haemost 1:551-8. 2003..Preliminary studies in patients substituted with recombinant factor VIIa demonstrated a marked change in the coagulation profile, in which the MaxVel and t,MaxVel shifted towards ..
- Possible role of recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa) in the control of hemorrhage associated with massive traumaUri Martinowitz
National Hemophilia Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Can J Anaesth 49:S15-20. 2002..It is approved for use in hemophilia patients, however, its use in trauma is still controversial due to the theoretical risk of thromboembolic complications...
- Efficacy and safety of recombinant activated factor VII for acute intracerebral hemorrhageStephan A Mayer
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 358:2127-37. 2008..We performed this phase 3 trial to confirm a previous study in which recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa) reduced growth of the hematoma and improved survival and functional outcomes...
- The use of recombinant factor VIIa in the treatment of bleeding disordersHarold R Roberts
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine and The Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, 932 Mary Ellen Jones Bldg, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7035, USA
Blood 104:3858-64. 2004Recombinant factor VIIa was initially developed for the treatment of hemorrhagic episodes in hemophilic patients with inhibitors to factors VIII and IX...
- Whole blood tissue factor procoagulant activity is elevated in patients with sickle cell diseaseN S Key
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Blood 91:4216-23. 1998..Because TF is the principal cellular ligand for FVIIa, it is possible that increased binding to TF accounts for the diminished plasma FVIIa levels...
- Activation of coagulation by administration of recombinant factor VIIa elicits interleukin 6 (IL-6) and IL-8 release in healthy human subjectsEvert de Jonge
Department of Intensive Care, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 10:495-7. 2003..we report that the activation of coagulation in healthy human subjects by the administration of recombinant factor VIIa also elicits a small but significant increase in the concentrations of interleukin 6 (IL-6) and IL-8 in plasma...
- Recombinant activated factor VII as an adjunctive therapy for bleeding control in severe trauma patients with coagulopathy: subgroup analysis from two randomized trialsSandro B Rizoli
Department of Surgery and Critical Care Medicine, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M4N 3M5 Canada
Crit Care 10:R178. 2006We conducted a post-hoc analysis on the effect of recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) on coagulopathic patients from two randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trials of rFVIIa as an adjunctive therapy for bleeding in patients with ..
- Treatment of diffuse alveolar hemorrhage after allogeneic bone marrow transplant with recombinant factor VIIaK Hicks
Department of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:975-8. 2002..The syndrome is associated with a high mortality rate; and current treatment options are limited. Recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa, Novoseven) has recently been approved for the treatment of bleeding in patients with hemophilia A/B ..
- The use of recombinant factor VIIa in severe postpartum hemorrhageShmuel Segal
Barzilai Medical Center, Ashkelon, Israel
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:771-2. 2004
- The action of high-dose factor VIIa (FVIIa) in a cell-based model of hemostasisMaureane Hoffman
Dis Mon 49:14-21. 2003..We have previously proposed a platelet-dependent mechanism of action for high-dose factor VIIa (FVIIa; Novoseven, Novo Nordisk, Copenhagen, Denmark)...
- Tissue Factor-Factor VIIa complex induces cytokine expression in coronary artery smooth muscle cellsG Demetz
Deutsches Herzzentrum und 1 Medizinische Klinik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Lazarettstr 36, 80636 Munich, Germany
Atherosclerosis 212:466-71. 2010Within atherosclerotic lesions Tissue Factor (TF)-Factor VIIa (FVIIa) not only contributes to thrombotic events but also alters vascular remodeling through enhancement of migration...
- Use of recombinant factor VIIa in inherited platelet disordersMohamed Kaleelrahman
Br J Haematol 125:95-6. 2004
- Acquired hemophilia A: clinical features, surgery and treatment of 34 cases, and experience of using recombinant factor VIIaManijeh Lak
Hematology Department, Hemophilia Center, Imam Khomeini Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 16:294-300. 2010..4%), 5 partial efficient treatment (14.7%) and two treatments inefficient (5.9%). Elimination therapy using steroid alone or with combination can terminate complete remission in most cases...
- Off-label reports of new biologics: exciting new therapy or dubious research? Examples from recombinant activated factor VIIWalter H Dzik
Blood Tranfusion Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, 02114, USA
J Intensive Care Med 21:54-9. 2006
- Argatroban as anticoagulant in cardiopulmonary bypass in an infant and attempted reversal with recombinant activated factor VIIStephan Malherbe
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Anesthesiology 100:443-5. 2004
- Managing acute bleeds in the patient with haemophilia and inhibitors: options, efficacy and safetyM Von Depka
Werlhof Institute for Haemostasis and Thrombosis, Karl Wiechert Allee, Hannover, Germany
Haemophilia 11:18-23. 2005..Recombinant FVIIa has demonstrated excellent efficacy and safety, even in patients refractory to other therapies...
- Factor VIIa regulates the expression of caspase-3, MMP-9, and CD44 in SW620 colon cancer cells involving PAR2/MAPKs/NF-κB signaling pathwaysYing Wu
Department of Internal Medicine, Affiliated Hospital of Jiangsu University, Jiangsu, PR China
Cancer Invest 31:7-16. 2013..The effects of FVIIa were TF-dependent and involving PAR2/MAPKs/NF-κB signal transduction pathways. Our study suggests that the links among PAR2/MAPKs/NF-κB may be blocked for effective treatments of colorectal cancers...
- Caesarean section for placenta praevia complicated by postpartum haemorrhage managed successfully with recombinant activated human coagulation Factor VIIaM Gidiri
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hull and East Yorkshire Women and Children s Hospital, Hull, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:925-6. 2004
- Recombinant factor VIIA in traumatic intracerebral hemorrhage: results of a dose-escalation clinical trialRaj K Narayan
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Neurosurgery 62:776-86; discussion 786-8. 2008..Recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) is a hemostatic agent that has been shown to limit hemorrhage expansion and which, therefore, could ..
- A novel use of recombinant factor VIIa in HELLP syndrome associated with spontaneous hepatic rupture and abdominal compartment syndromeBenjamin W Dart
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Critical Care, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Chattanooga Unit, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37403, USA
J Trauma 57:171-4. 2004
- Recombinant factor VIIa: an assessment of evidence regarding its efficacy and safety in the off-label settingAaron C Logan
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2010:153-9. 2010Recombinant human factor VIIa (rFVIIa) is approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for use in the setting of hemorrhage associated with factor VIII or factor IX inhibitors in patients with congenital or acquired hemophilia...
- Recombinant factor VIIa is associated with an improved 24-hour survival without an improvement in inpatient survival in massively transfused civilian trauma patientsBartolomeu Nascimento
Tory Regional Trauma Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Canada
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 66:101-6. 2011To determine whether recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) is associated with increased survival and/or thromboembolic complications.
- Cerebral sinus thrombosis in a trauma patient after recombinant activated factor VII infusionLeonie J Siegel
Department of Anesthesiology, Mannheim University Clinic, Germany
Anesthesiology 100:441-3. 2004
- Use of recombinant factor VIIa in patients with amniotic fluid embolism: a systematic review of case reportsBarbara L Leighton
Washington University in Saint Louis School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Anesthesiology 115:1201-8. 2011..Recombinant factor VIIa (rVIIa) has been used to treat hemorrhage in AFE patients even though rVIIa can combine with circulating tissue ..
- Synthesis and characterization of recombinant factor VIIa-conjugated magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for hemophilia treatmentGilead Shafir
Department of Chemistry, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
J Biomed Mater Res A 91:1056-64. 2009..The activated double bonds were then used for covalent binding, via Michael addition reaction, of recombinant factor VIIa and human serum albumin to the surface of these nanoparticles...
- Tissue factor enhances protease-activated receptor-2-mediated factor VIIa cell proliferative propertiesL Fan
Center de Recherche, Hopital Sainte Justine, Université de Montréal Montréal, Quebec, Canada
J Thromb Haemost 3:1056-63. 2005..We speculate that FVIIa-TF-PAR-2 inhibitors may be effective in suppressing cell proliferation...
- Use of recombinant factor VIIa in 3 patients with inherited type I Glanzmann's thrombasthenia undergoing invasive proceduresR D'Oiron
The Haemophilia Center, Hopital Bicetre, Paris Sud, France
Thromb Haemost 83:644-7. 2000..In an attempt to find an alternative treatment regimen, we used recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa, NovoSeven, Novo Nordisk, Denmark) as first-line therapy in 3 patients with Glanzmann's thrombasthenia ..
- Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage after allogeneic hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation: treatment with recombinant factor VIIaStephen M Pastores
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue M 210, New York, NY 10021, USA
Chest 124:2400-3. 2003..Recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) is an approved agent for the treatment of bleeding in patients with hemophilia A or B and the presence ..
- Successful treatment of severe retro-peritoneal bleeding with recombinant factor VIIa in women with placenta percreta invading into the left broad ligament: unusual repeated ante-partum intra-abdominal bleedingMuhieddine Seoud
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 36:183-6. 2010..bleedings in a woman with placenta percreta invading into the left broad ligament, in whom recombinant factor VIIa was effective for controlling severe retro-peritoneal bleeding...
- Safety, pharmacokinetics and efficacy of factor VIIa formulated with PEGylated liposomes in haemophilia A patients with inhibitors to factor VIII--an open label, exploratory, cross-over, phase I/II studyJ Spira
Omri Laboratories Ltd, Nes Ziona, Israel
Haemophilia 16:910-8. 2010Recombinant activated factor VIIa (FVIIa) is a bypassing agent used to treat bleeding episodes in haemophilia patients with inhibitors to factor VIII (FVIII) and factor IX...
- Endothelial cell protein C receptor cellular localization and trafficking: potential functional implicationsRamesh C Nayak
Center for Biomedical Research, University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler, Tyler, TX 75708, USA
Blood 114:1974-86. 2009..A small fraction of EPCR is also localized intracellularly in the recycling compartment. Factor VIIa (FVIIa) or activated protein C binding to EPCR promoted the internalization of EPCR...
- Potent 4-amino-5-azaindole factor VIIa inhibitorsHuiyong Hu
Celera Genomics, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 16:4567-70. 2006..The 4-amino-5-azaindole as an amidino-benzimidazole replacement is described. A series of potent and selective analogs were discovered and showed desirable ex vivo efficacy as measured by PT...
- Molecular dynamics simulations and functional characterization of the interactions of the PAR2 ectodomain with factor VIIaQing Zhang
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Proteins 77:559-69. 2009....
- Recombinant activated factor VII for acute intracerebral hemorrhage: US phase IIA trialStephan A Mayer
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Neurocrit Care 4:206-14. 2006..We conducted this trial to evaluate the safety of activated recombinant factor VII (rFVIIa; NovoSeven) for preventing early hematoma growth in acute ICH...
- On the mechanism of action of recombinant activated factor VII administered to patients with severe thrombocytopenia and life-threatening haemorrhage: focus on prothrombin activationGrigoris T Gerotziafas
Department of Haematology, Theagenion Cancer Hospital, 2 A Simeonidi Street, 54161 Thessaloniki, Greece
Br J Haematol 117:705-8. 2002..These data indicate that rFVIIa accelerated thrombin generation without significant increase of generated thrombin...
- Oxidation of methionine residues in coagulation factor VIIaT Kornfelt
Novo Nordisk A S, Niels Steensens Vej 1, Gentofte, Denmark
Arch Biochem Biophys 363:43-54. 1999..However, native and oxidized FVIIa appeared to bind lipidated TF with indistinguishable affinities...
- Myocardial injury in patients with intracerebral hemorrhage treated with recombinant factor VIIaR M Sugg
Department of Neurology, The University of Houston Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurology 67:1053-5. 2006We report myocardial injury in 20 recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) treated and 110 nontreated patients with intracerebral hemorrhage. Patients were treated or received standard medical management...
- Determinants of futility of administration of recombinant factor VIIa in traumaDeborah M Stein
R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Trauma 59:609-15. 2005Off-label" use of human coagulation factor VIIa (FVIIa) is presently restricted to patients in extremis at our institution...
- Differential effects of somatostatin on circulating tissue factor procoagulant activity and proteinGuenther Boden
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism and the Clinical Research Center, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1333-9. 2007..Circulating TF procoagulant activity (TF-PCA), factor VIIa activity (FVIIa; clotting assays), TF antigen (TF-Ag; ELISA), prothrombin fragment 1.2 (F1...
- Factor VIIa replacement therapy in factor VII deficiencyK Brummel Ziedins
Department of Biochemistry, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Thromb Haemost 2:1735-44. 2004..3-0.7 nmol L(-1)/equivalent dose: 0.8-1.8 micro g kg(-1)) is approximately 1/10 that currently used in treating FVII-deficient individuals and suggests that therapies should be altered relative to the concentration of the FVII zymogen...
- Patient- and caregiver-reported bleeding symptoms and reasons for starting and stopping treatment with recombinant factor VIIa: analysis of the Dosing Observational Study in Haemophilia (DOSE)L A Valentino
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612 3833, USA
Haemophilia 18:554-60. 2012..Frequently bleeding CHwI patients (≥ 4 episodes in 3 months) prescribed recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) as first-line therapy, or their caregivers, completed daily diaries for 3-6 months capturing bleeding ..
- Recombinant factor VIIa for warfarin-associated intracranial bleedingCan Ilyas
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Clin Anesth 20:276-9. 2008To examine the efficacy of recombinant factor VIIa (rVIIa) in reversing warfarin-induced coagulopathy in trauma patients presenting with intracranial hemorrhage (ICH).
- Massive postpartum hemorrhage: recombinant factor VIIa use is safe but not effectiveMichael Kalina
Christiana Care Hospital in Newark, Del, USA
Del Med J 83:109-13. 2011..Massive transfusion in obstetric patients is rare. Recombinant Factor VIIa (rFVIIa) use in trauma patients with massive transfusion is efficacious...
- Control of severe bleeding episode in case of Glanzmann's thrombasthenia refractory to platelet transfusion therapy by administering recombinant factor VIIaAsim Javed
Combined Military Hospital, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 21:171-3. 2009....
- Extensive small-angle X-ray scattering studies of blood coagulation factor VIIa reveal interdomain flexibilityCharlotte Rode Mosbaek
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 2, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochemistry 49:9739-45. 2010Blood coagulation factor VIIa (FVIIa) is used in the treatment of replacement therapy resistant hemophilia patients, and FVIIa is normally activated upon complex formation with tissue factor (TF), potentially in context with structural ..
- Treatment of obstetric hemorrhage with recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa)S Segal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Barzilai Medical Center, Ashkelon, Israel 78306
Arch Gynecol Obstet 268:266-7. 2003..Administration of the drug markedly decreased the bleeding and enabled control of the hemorrhage. rFVIIa seems to be an adjunctive hemostatic measure for the treatment of severe obstetric hemorrhage...
- Recombinant factor VIIa. An update on its clinical useMassimo Franchini
Servizio di Immunoematologia e Trasfusione, Centro Emofilia, Ospedale Policlinico, Piazzale Ludovico Scuro, 37134 Verona, Italy
Thromb Haemost 93:1027-35. 2005..Based on a literature search, this review examines the current knowledge on therapy with rFVIIa, from the now well-standardized uses to the newer and less well-characterised clinical applications...
- Inhibition of tissue factor-factor VIIa proteolytic activity blunts hepatic metastasis in colorectal cancerPhilippe Zerbib
Inserm ERI 9, Faculté de Médecine Lille, France Université de Lille 2, EA2693, Lille, France
J Surg Res 153:239-45. 2009..colorectal cancer (CRC) cells is involved in tumoral angiogenesis and metastasis progression, after binding of factor VIIa (FVIIa) to TF and generation of TF-FVIIa activity...
- A meta-analysis of the efficacy and safety of recombinant activated factor VII for patients with acute intracerebral hemorrhage without hemophiliaZ H Yuan
Department of Emergency, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, 79 Qingchun Road, Hangzhou 310003, China
J Clin Neurosci 17:685-93. 2010..In conclusion, the use of rFVIIa reduces the growth of the hematoma but does not improve patient survival or functional outcome after ICH; in addition, rFVIIa increases the incidence of arterial TAE...
- Use of recombinant factor VIIA for control of combat-related haemorrhageSusan I Woodruff
San Diego State University, School of Social Work, San Diego, USA
Emerg Med J 27:121-4. 2010..Recombinant activated human coagulation factor VII (rFVIIa), an intravascular strategy to promote clotting, is being used as an adjunct to surgical control of bleeding in combat trauma patients...
- Use of clotting factors and other prohemostatic drugs for obstetric hemorrhageFrederic J Mercier
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Antoine Beclere, Groupe Hospitalier Universitaire Paris Sud, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris XI, Clamart, France
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 23:310-6. 2010..To guide the optimal use of blood products and to clarify the indications for prohemostatic drugs in obstetric hemorrhage...
- Recombinant activated factor VII in liver patients: a retrospective cohort study from Australia and New ZealandOliver Flower
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 21:207-15. 2010Recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) is used in the treatment of life-threatening haemorrhage that is refractory to conventional treatment. The evidence supporting this practice in patients with liver disease is very limited...
- Reversal of a potent investigational anticoagulant: idraparinux with recombinant factor VIIaAndrew Dao
Department of Internal Medicine, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, Calif, USA
Am J Med 118:1172-3. 2005
- Recombinant-activated factor VII for control and prevention of hemorrhage in nonhemophilic pediatric patientsAmpaiwan Chuansumrit
Department of Pediatrics, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 21:354-62. 2010..These results support the safety and potential benefit of rFVIIa for control and prevention of hemorrhage in pediatric patients without congenital hemophilia...
- Safety of recombinant activated factor VII in patients with warfarin-associated hemorrhages of the central nervous systemMaisha T Robinson
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Stroke 41:1459-63. 2010Recombinant Factor VIIa decreases hematoma growth after spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) and rapidly decreases international normalized ratios in patients on warfarin but is also associated with an increased risk for ..
- Characterization of a tissue factor/factor VIIa-dependent model of thrombosis in hypercholesterolemic rabbitsL Chi
Pfizer Global R and D, Ann Arbor Laboratories, Cardiovascular Pharmacology, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Thromb Haemost 2:85-92. 2004..This model may be useful for evaluating in vivo efficacy of new antithrombotic drugs, particularly TF-FVIIa inhibitors...
- Apixaban, a direct factor Xa inhibitor, inhibits tissue-factor induced human platelet aggregation in vitro: comparison with direct inhibitors of factor VIIa, XIa and thrombinPancras C Wong
Thrombosis Research, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Pennington, New Jersey, USA
Thromb Haemost 104:302-10. 2010..Under these experimental conditions, a FXIa inhibitor did not prevent TF-induced platelet aggregation...
- Design of selective phenylglycine amide tissue factor/factor VIIa inhibitorsKatrin Groebke Zbinden
F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, CH 4070 Basel, Switzerland
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:817-22. 2005Proof of concept experiments have shown that tissue factor/factor VIIa inhibitors have antithrombotic activity without enhancing bleeding propensity...
- Management of oral bleedings with recombinant factor VIIa in children with haemophilia A and inhibitorP Laguna
Department of Paediatrics, Haematology, and Oncology, Warsaw Medical University, Poland
Haemophilia 11:2-4. 2005..Duration in the therapy and intervals between rFVIIa doses depended on the severity of bleeding. rFVIIa was proven to be highly effective and no side-effects of the product were observed...
- A selective, slow binding inhibitor of factor VIIa binds to a nonstandard active site conformation and attenuates thrombus formation in vivoAlan G Olivero
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 280:9160-9. 2005The serine protease factor VIIa (FVIIa) in complex with its cellular cofactor tissue factor (TF) initiates the blood coagulation reactions. TF...
- Trauma, transfusions, and use of recombinant factor VIIa: A multicenter case registry report of 380 patients from the Western Trauma AssociationM Margaret Knudson
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Am Coll Surg 212:87-95. 2011..We hypothesized that we could describe the setting in which rFVIIa would be most successful in arresting hemorrhage after injury...
- Dynamical view of membrane binding and complex formation of human factor VIIa and tissue factorY Z Ohkubo
Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, USA
J Thromb Haemost 8:1044-53. 2010The molecular mechanism of enhancement of the enzymatic activity of factor VIIa by tissue factor (TF) is not fully understood, primarily because of the lack of atomic models for the membrane-bound form of the TF-FVIIa complex.
- Recombinant activated factor VIIa and hemostasis in critical care: a focus on traumaAlicia M Mohr
Department of Surgery, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey, USA
Crit Care 9:S37-42. 2005..Further prospective, randomized, and placebo-controlled clinical trials will yield more information on the role of rFVIIa in the management of traumatic bleeding...
- Prophylactic treatment with FEIBA of a haemophilia A patient with inhibitor: what are the costs, what are the benefits?B Siegmund
Haemophilia 11:638-41. 2005
- A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-escalation trial assessing safety and efficacy of active site inactivated recombinant factor VIIa in subjects with acute lung injury or acute respiratory distress syndromeJean Louis Vincent
Department of Intensive Care, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Crit Care Med 37:1874-80. 2009To evaluate the safety and efficacy of active site inactivated recombinant factor VIIa (FFR-rFVIIa) in patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- The role of recombinant-activated factor VII in bleeding trauma patientsRichard P Dutton
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 22:299-304. 2009..Exsanguinating hemorrhage and postshock organ failure account for 35-40% of deaths from trauma, and there is an increasing recognition of the importance of coagulopathy in the evolution of this disease...
- Recombinant-activated coagulation factor VIIa (NovoSeven): current developmentR B Weiskopf
Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Alle, DK 2880 Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Vox Sang 92:281-8. 2007..This review summarizes the current development of rFVIIa, focusing on results of prospective, randomized clinical trials...
- Systematic review of efficacy of rFVIIa and aPCC treatment for hemophilia patients with inhibitorsChris Knight
RTI Health Solutions, Williams House, Manchester, M15 6SE, UK
Adv Ther 26:68-88. 2009..Our aim is to establish robust estimates of the efficacy, speed of bleed resolution, and adverse event profile of both rFVIIa and aPCC...
- Neutrophil activation by the tissue factor/Factor VIIa/PAR2 axis mediates fetal death in a mouse model of antiphospholipid syndromePatricia Redecha
Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
J Clin Invest 118:3453-61. 2008..An antibody specific for human TF that has little impact on coagulation, but potently inhibits TF/Factor VIIa (FVIIa) signaling through PAR2, inhibited aPL-induced neutrophil activation in mice that expressed human TF...
- In vitro stability of lyophilized and reconstituted recombinant activated factor VII formulated for storage at room temperatureHanne Nedergaard
Pharmaceutics, BIOPHARM, Novo Nordisk A S, Novo Alle, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Clin Ther 30:1309-15. 2008..The first-generation rFVIIa formulation is stable when stored under refrigeration. A new formulation has been developed for storage at room temperature, which may improve patients' access to treatment during bleeding episodes...
- Targeting tissue factor-expressing tumor angiogenesis and tumors with EF24 conjugated to factor VIIaMamoru Shoji
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Drug Target 16:185-97. 2008..As a transmembrane receptor for coagulation factor VIIa (fVIIa), TF forms a high-affinity complex with its cognate ligand, which is subsequently internalized through ..
- The glycoprotein Ib-IX-V complex contributes to tissue factor-independent thrombin generation by recombinant factor VIIa on the activated platelet surfaceCees Weeterings
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Haematology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 112:3227-33. 2008Several lines of evidence suggest that recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) is able to activate factor X on an activated platelet, in a tissue factor-independent manner...
- The use of recombinant activated factor VIIa in coagulopathic traumatic brain injuries requiring emergent craniotomy: is it beneficial?Nathaniel McQuay
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Trauma Critica Division, St Luke s Hosptial, USA
J Neurosurg 111:666-71. 2009..This study evaluates the outcomes of using rFVIIa as first-line therapy in patients with a severe TBI requiring emergent craniotomy that are coagulopathic...
- Effect of rFVIIa dose and time to treatment on patients with haemophilia and inhibitors: analysis of HemoRec registry data from the Czech RepublicP Salaj
Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Prague, Czech Republic
Haemophilia 15:752-9. 2009..This registry has provided a unique insight into the bleeding patterns of inhibitor patients, highlighting the importance of early treatment initiation and appropriate starting dose...
- Coagulation factor VIIa (recombinant) for warfarin-induced intracranial hemorrhageA Shaun Rowe
Department of Pharmacy, University of Tennessee Medical Center, 1924 Alcoa Highway, Knoxville, TN 37920, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 67:361-5. 2010The use of coagulation factor VIIa (recombinant) for the treatment of warfarin-induced intracranial hemorrhage (ICH) is described.
- Recombinant factor VIIa for the correction of coagulopathy before emergent craniotomy in blunt trauma patientsCarlos V R Brown
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School Austin, University Medical Center Brackenridge Trauma Services, Austin, Texas 78701, USA
J Trauma 68:348-52. 2010..We hypothesize that rFVIIa would provide an effective and cost efficient means of correcting coagulopathy in patients with traumatic brain injury undergoing emergent craniotomy...
- Recombinant factor VIIa in major abdominal surgery and liver transplantationJ da Silva Viana
Faculty of Medicine, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Transplant Proc 38:818-9. 2006..The majority of the reviewed investigators accepted the use of rFVIIa after or simultaneously with the use of aprotinin; no data refute the safety of this association...
- Current status on tissue factor activation of factor VIIaEgon Persson
Haemostasis Biochemistry, Novo Nordisk A S, Måløv, Denmark
Thromb Res 125:S11-2. 2010Free factor VIIa displays a zymogen-like behavior with low intrinsic activity...
- Lipid Regulation of Thrombin GenerationBarry R Lentz; Fiscal Year: 2010..role in other key proteolytic reactions involved in blood coagulation? Factor IXa with its cofactor VIIIa and factor VIIa with its cofactor tissue factor activate factor X to Xa...
- Lipid Regulation of Thrombin GenerationBarry R Lentz; Fiscal Year: 2010..role in other key proteolytic reactions involved in blood coagulation? Factor IXa with its cofactor VIIIa and factor VIIa with its cofactor tissue factor activate factor X to Xa...
- Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor Binding Proteins on EndoALAN MAST; Fiscal Year: 2005Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) rapidly inhibits both factor Xa and the factor VIIa/tissue factor catalytic complex. Thus, it is thought to be the most important inhibitor of the initiation of blood coagulation...
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF VARIANTS OF FACTOR IXS Bajaj; Fiscal Year: 1990..We will study the kinetics of activation of Gla-domainless factor IX by factor XIa/calcium and by factor VIIa/tissue factor/calcium...
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF NORMAL & ABNORMAL VARIANTS OF FACTOR IXS Bajaj; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will also examine a hypothesis that factor VIIa binds to tissue factor (TF) with a significantly higher affinity than factor VII and that the EGF2 domain of ..
- AUTOIMMUNE MECHANISMS OF THROMBOSISRobert Roubey; Fiscal Year: 2004..autoantibodies and autoantibodies to tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), a critical inhibitor of both factor VIIa/TF and factor Xa...
- FACTOR XI PHYSIOLOGY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGYDavid Gailani; Fiscal Year: 2000..In current models of hemostasis, normal coagulation is initiated by the factor VIIa/tissue factor complex, and not through contact activation...
- BIOCHEMISTRY OF NORMAL & ABNORMAL VARIANTS OF FACTOR IXS Bajaj; Fiscal Year: 1993..Tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI) consists of three kunitz-type domains. The first domain binds to factor VIIa and the second domain binds to factor Xa. The function of the third domain is as yet not clear...
- Studies of rHuTPO in ITP and of rVlla in Liver DiseaseDavid Kuter; Fiscal Year: 2006..undergoing an invasive hepatobiliary procedure is reduced by pre-procedure treatment with FFP or recombinant factor VIIa (rVIIa)...
- Deoxyribozymes for Bioorganic ChemistryScott K Silverman; Fiscal Year: 2010..further degradation, and (b) as an approach for in vivo zymogen activation, such as formation of coagulation factor VIIa as a novel approach to treatment of bleeding...
- Induction of Tissue Factor by Patient Sera in HUSEric Grabowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..an antibody directed against activated factor X, recombinant-activated protein C, and active site-inhibited r-factor VIIa. A confirmation that shiga toxin and cytokines present in patient sera augment the TF pathway in our model ..
- Biochemistry of Normal & Abnormal Variants of Factors IXS Bajaj; Fiscal Year: 2006This application is based upon the conviction that activation of factor IX (FIX) by the tissue factor/factor VIIa (TF/VIIa) complex represents a key step in the initiation of coagulation by the extrinsic pathway...
- BLOOD COAGULATION HOMESTASIS: REGULATION OF TFPIAlan Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2003..inhibitor of coagulation is tissue factor pathway inhibitor (TFPI), which produces feedback inhibition of the factor VIIa/tissue factor complex and directly binds and inhibits factor Xa...
- Fluorogenic Assays for Factor Vlla and Tissue FactorRICHARD JENNY; Fiscal Year: 2006b>Factor VIIa and tissue factor (TF) are essential proteins for the initiation of blood coagulation. Blood coagulation is initiated when cryptic TF becomes exposed on the surface of vascular cells where it can bind circulating factor VIla...
- FACTOR X ACTIVATION BY THE EXTRINSIC PATHWAYSriram Krishnaswamy; Fiscal Year: 2000..The enzyme complex (extrinsic Xase) that catalyses this reaction is composed of the serine protease, factor VIIa, and the integral membrane protein, tissue factor, that associate tightly on a cellular or phospholipid surface ..
- Association of tissue factor pathway inhibitor with endotheliumALAN MAST; Fiscal Year: 2009..Inhibitor (TFPI) is an endothelial- associated anticoagulant protein that directly inhibits the Tissue Factor-factor VIIa (TF-fVIIa) catalytic complex preventing intravascular thrombosis, disseminated intravascular coagulation, tumor ..