Genomes and Genes
Summary: Heat- and storage-labile plasma glycoprotein which accelerates the conversion of prothrombin to thrombin in blood coagulation. Factor V accomplishes this by forming a complex with factor Xa, phospholipid, and calcium (prothrombinase complex). Deficiency of factor V leads to Owren's disease.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications328 found, 100 shown here
- A common genetic variation in the 3'-untranslated region of the prothrombin gene is associated with elevated plasma prothrombin levels and an increase in venous thrombosisS R Poort
Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Center, Leiden University Hospital, The Netherlands
Blood 88:3698-703. 1996..Most individuals (87%) with the 20210 A allele are in the highest quartile of plasma prothrombin levels (> 1.15 U/mL). Elevated prothrombin itself also was found to be a risk factor for venous thrombosis...
- The mechanism of inactivation of human factor V and human factor Va by activated protein CM Kalafatis
Department of Biochemistry, University of Vermont, College of Medicine, Burlington 05405 0068
J Biol Chem 269:31869-80. 1994The cleavage of human factor V and human factor Va by human activated protein C (APC) was analyzed in the absence and presence of phospholipid vesicles containing 75% phosphatidylcholine (PC) and 25% phosphatidylserine (PS)...
- Blood group AB and factor V Leiden as risk factors for pre-eclampsia: a population-based nested case-control studyLeena M Hiltunen
Department of Hemostasis, Finnish Red Cross Blood Service, Helsinki, Finland
Thromb Res 124:167-73. 2009..ABO blood group has been associated with thrombotic disorders and pre-eclampsia. We assessed ABO blood group, seven thrombophilia associated polymorphisms, and anti-beta2-glycoprotein I antibodies as risk factors for pre-eclampsia...
- Varied prevalence of factor V G1691A (Leiden) and prothrombin G20210A single nucleotide polymorphisms among ArabsWassim Y Almawi
Al Jawhara Center for Molecular Medicine, Genetics and Inherited Diseases, College of Medicine and Medical Sciences, Arabian Gulf University, Manama, Bahrain
J Thromb Thrombolysis 20:163-8. 2005b>Factor V G1691A (FV-Leiden) and prothrombin (PRT) G20210A single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) are major inherited risk factors of venous thromboembolism...
- Ethnic distribution of factor V Leiden in 4047 men and women. Implications for venous thromboembolism screeningP M Ridker
Division of Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02215 1204, USA
JAMA 277:1305-7. 1997To estimate ethnic-specific prevalence rates of factor V Leiden, an inherited defect of hemostasis associated with risk of venous thrombosis.
- Factor V and thrombotic disease: description of a janus-faced proteinGerry A F Nicolaes
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, The Wallenberg Laboratory, University Hospital Malmo, Malmo, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:530-8. 2002..In the prothrombinase complex, the activated form of coagulation factor V (FVa) is an essential cofactor to the enzyme-activated factor X (FXa), FXa being virtually ineffective in the ..
- Frequency of factor V, prothrombin and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene variants in preeclampsiaAngela V D'Elia
Department of Biomedical Science and Technology, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Gynecol Obstet Invest 53:84-7. 2002The association between thrombophilic variants (Leiden mutation of the factor V gene, G20210A mutation of the prothrombin gene and C677T polymorphism of the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) gene) with preeclampsia was ..
- Coagulation factor V and thrombophilia: background and mechanismsKenneth Segers
Department of Biochemistry, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 98:530-42. 2007Human coagulation factor V (FV) is an essential coagulation protein with functions in both the pro- and anticoagulant pathways. Failure to express and control FV functions can either lead to bleeding, or to thromboembolic disease...
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T polymorphism and Factor V Leiden variant in Mexican women with preeclampsia/eclampsiaI P Davalos
Divisiones de Genética y Medicina Molecular del Centro de Investigación Biomédica de Occidente, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Sierra Mojada 800, Col Independencia, CMNO, CP 44330, Guadalajara, Jal Mexico
Blood Cells Mol Dis 35:66-9. 2005..In addition, the polymorphism of gene encoding for Factor V Leiden G1691A is associated with a prothrombotic state in heterozygous subjects...
- Factor V is an anticoagulant cofactor for activated protein C during inactivation of factor VaThomas J Cramer
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, Calif, USA
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 37:17-23. 2010Coagulation factor V (FV) promotes inactivation of activated factor VIII (FVIIIa) by activated protein C (APC) and protein S...
- Maternal factor V Leiden mutation is associated with HELLP syndrome in Caucasian womenSabine Muetze
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:635-42. 2008..HELLP) syndrome is one of the most severe forms of pre-eclampsia we aimed to assess the prevalence of the factor V Leiden, the prothrombin 20210G >A mutation and the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) 677C >T ..
- The significance of genetic polymorphisms of factor V Leiden and prothrombin in the preeclamptic Polish womenAgnieszka Seremak-Mrozikiewicz
Division of Perinatology and Women s Diseases, Department of Perinatology and Gynecology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
J Thromb Thrombolysis 30:97-104. 2010..Inherited thrombophilias, like polymorphism of factor V (FV) Leiden and prothrombin (PTM) are considered to be involved in the PE development...
- Maternal and neonatal outcome of preeclamptic pregnancies: the potential roles of factor V Leiden mutation and 5,10 methylenetetrahydrofolate reductaseJ Rigo
1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Semmelweis University Medical School, Budapest, Hungary
Hypertens Pregnancy 19:163-72. 2000To investigate the potential perinatal effects of Factor V Leiden mutation and 5,10 methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T polymorphism in preeclamptic women.
- Low plasma levels of tissue factor pathway inhibitor in patients with congenital factor V deficiencyConnie Duckers
Department of Biochemistry, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht CARIM, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Blood 112:3615-23. 2008Severe factor V (FV) deficiency is associated with mild to severe bleeding diathesis, but many patients with FV levels lower than 1% bleed less than anticipated...
- Evidence for an association of the R485K polymorphism in the coagulation factor V gene with severe preeclampsia from screening 35 polymorphisms in 27 candidate genesH Watanabe
Thromb Haemost 86:1594-5. 2001
- Factor V New Brunswick: Ala221Val associated with FV deficiency reproduced in vitro and functionally characterizedMarten Steen
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Clinical Chemistry, Lund University, The Wallenberg Laboratory, University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Blood 102:1316-22. 2003b>Factor V (FV) deficiency, also known as parahemophilia, is a rare bleeding disorder. Herein we investigate the first reported missense mutation associated with FV deficiency, Ala221Val, assigned as FV New Brunswick...
- Genetic susceptibility to preeclampsia: roles of cytosineto-thymine substitution at nucleotide 677 of the gene for methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase, 68-base pair insertion at nucleotide 844 of the gene for cystathionine beta-synthase, and factor V LeidY J Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 184:1211-7. 2001....
- The association of factor V leiden and prothrombin gene mutation and placenta-mediated pregnancy complications: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective cohort studiesMarc A Rodger
Thrombosis Program, Division of Hematology, Departments of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Epidemiology Community Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
PLoS Med 7:e1000292. 2010b>Factor V Leiden (FVL) and prothrombin gene mutation (PGM) are common inherited thrombophilias...
- The limits of simulation of the clotting systemR Wagenvoord
Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 4:1331-8. 2006..To investigate in how far successful simulation of a thrombin generation (TG) curve gives information about the underlying biochemical reaction mechanism...
- Severe venous thromboembolism in a young man with Klinefelter's syndrome and heterozygosis for both G20210A prothrombin and factor V Leiden mutationsMario Lapecorella
Centro Emostasi e Trombosi, Dipartimento di Clinica Medica, Immunologia e Malattie Infettive MIDIM, University of Bari School of Medicine, Italy
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 14:95-8. 2003..Further examinations also showed a double heterozygosis for G20210A prothrombin and factor V Leiden mutations...
- Combined deficiency of factor V and factor VIII is due to mutations in either LMAN1 or MCFD2Bin Zhang
Life Sciences Institute, Department of Internal Medicine, 210 Washtenaw Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0650, USA
Blood 107:1903-7. 2006Mutations in LMAN1 (ERGIC-53) or MCFD2 cause combined deficiency of factor V and factor VIII (F5F8D)...
- Combined effect of factor V Leiden and prothrombin 20210A on the risk of venous thromboembolism--pooled analysis of 8 case-control studies including 2310 cases and 3204 controls. Study Group for Pooled-Analysis in Venous ThromboembolismJ Emmerich
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Service de Medecine Vasculaire, Centre Claude Bernard et Laboratoire d Hémostase, Paris, France
Thromb Haemost 86:809-16. 2001b>Factor V Leiden and factor II G20210A mutations are two frequent genetic risk factors involved in venous thromboembolism (VTE)...
- Theoretical and experimental study of the D2194G mutation in the C2 domain of coagulation factor VM A Miteva
French National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM U428, University Paris V, 75006 Paris, France
Biophys J 86:488-98. 2004Coagulation factor V (FV) is a large plasma glycoprotein with functions in both the pro- and anticoagulant pathways...
- Adjuvant immunization induces high levels of pathogenic antiphospholipid antibodies in genetically prone mice: another facet of the ASIA syndromeA Katzav
Department of Neurology and Sagol Center for Neurosciences, Sheba Medical Center, affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Lupus 21:210-6. 2012..Patients with both antiphospholipid antibodies (aPL) and the genetic coagulopathy factor V Leiden (FVL) are frequently found...
- Electrochemical genosensor based on colloidal gold nanoparticles for the detection of Factor V Leiden mutation using disposable pencil graphite electrodesMehmet Ozsoz
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ege University, 35100, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Anal Chem 75:2181-7. 2003Electrochemical genosensors for the detection of the Factor V Leiden mutation from polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplicons using the oxidation signal of colloidal gold (Au) is described...
- Combined Factor V and Factor VIII DeficiencyMarta Spreafico
A Bianchi Bonomi Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, Department of Medicine and Medical Specialties, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, Mangiagalli and Regina Elena Foundation, University of Milan, 20122 Milan, Italy
Semin Thromb Hemost 35:390-9. 2009Combined deficiency of factor V (FV) and factor VIII (FVIII) (F5F8D, or FV+FVIII) is a autosomal recessive bleeding disorder caused by mutations in genes encoding two components of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-Golgi intermediate ..
- Prevalence of factor V Leiden mutation and other hereditary thrombophilic factors in Egyptian children with portal vein thrombosis: results of a single-center case-control studyHanaa El-Karaksy
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Ann Hematol 83:712-5. 2004..Our aim was to assess the prevalence of factor V Leiden mutation and other thrombophilic factors as risk factors in the development of PVT in the pediatric age ..
- Absence of factor V Leiden mutation and low prothrombin G 20210 A mutation prevalence in a healthy Moroccan populationFlorence Mathonnet
Thromb Haemost 88:1073-4. 2002
- Prevalence and association of the factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A in healthy subjects and patients with venous thromboembolismD Coen
Clinical Institute of Laboratory Diagnostics, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 42:488-92. 2001To determine the prevalences of factor V Leiden and the G20210A mutation in the prothrombin gene (PT20210A) and the frequency of their association in healthy subjects and in patients with venous thromboembolism (VTE).
- Prevalence of factor V Leiden, prothrombin and methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase mutations in women with adverse pregnancy outcomes in LebanonLaila F Zahed
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Lebanon
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1114-8. 2006The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of factor V Leiden, prothrombin, and methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase gene mutations in women with adverse pregnancy outcome compared with women who had uneventful pregnancies.
- Prevalence of factor V Leiden in patients with myocardial infarction and normal coronary angiographyJ Mansourati
Cardiology Department of Brest, North Hospital of Saint Etienne, France
Thromb Haemost 83:822-5. 2000b>Factor V Leiden is associated with an increased risk of venous thrombosis and myocardial infarction in young women, but not in men in this latter case...
- Prevalence of factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A, and MTHFR C677T mutations in 200 healthy JordaniansSuhair S Eid
Molecular Laboratory, King Hussein Medical Centre, Jordan
Clin Lab Sci 17:200-2. 2004..In order to estimate the frequency of the factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A, and MTHFR C677T mutations in the Jordanian population, we screened 200 healthy ..
- Prevalence of antiphospholipid antibodies, factor V G1691A (Leiden) and prothrombin G20210A mutations in early and late recurrent pregnancy lossNabil Mtiraoui
Research Unit of Haematological and Autoimmune Diseases, Faculty of Pharmacy, Monastir, Center University, Tunisia
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 119:164-70. 2005..We assessed the prevalence of inherited (FV-Leiden and PRT G20210A), and acquired (anti-PL antibodies) risk factors among habitual aborters in Tunisia...
- Factor V Leiden and prothrombin gene G20210A mutations are uncommon in portal vein thrombosis in IndiaSanjay Sharma
Department of Gastroenterology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226 014, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 25:236-9. 2006..The cause of thrombosis in these patients remains unclear. We studied the frequency of mutations in genes for coagulation factors V and II (prothrombin) in 61 Indian patients with PVT and 49 healthy control subjects...
- Prevalence of factor V leiden, factor V cambridge, factor II G20210A and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T mutations in healthy and thrombophilic Serbian populationsV Djordjevic
Institute of Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Acta Haematol 112:227-9. 2004
- Prevalence of factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutation in a large French population selected for nonthrombotic history: geographical and age distributionElisabeth Mazoyer
Hématologie biologique, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 20:503-10. 2009..These polymorphisms confer a very mild hypercoagulable state as shown by the limited increased in basal D-dimers in mutated FV-G1691A populations and only a trend that does not reach statistical significance for FII-G20210A population...
- High incidence of factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A in healthy southern ItaliansGianluca Sottilotta
Centro Emofilia, Servizio Emostasi e Trombosi, Azienda Ospedaliera Bianchi Melacrino Morelli, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 15:356-9. 2009b>Factor V Leiden (FVL) and G20210 prothrombin (FII G20210A) mutations are risk factors for thromboembolism...
- Deep venous thrombosis and thrombophilic mutations in western Iran: association with factor V LeidenZohreh Rahimi
Medical Biology Research Center, Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 21:385-8. 2010The aim of present study was to investigate the prevalence of factor V Leiden (FVL) c.1691G>A, prothrombin g.20210G>A and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) c...
- Prevalence of two thrombophilia predisposing mutations: factor V G1691A (R506Q; Leiden) and prothrombin G20210A, among healthy LebaneseHala Tamim
Thromb Haemost 88:691-2. 2002
- Allelic frequency of the factor V Leiden mutation and of the pro-thrombin gene 20210A mutation in healthy Tunisian populationLobna Bouaziz
Thromb Haemost 91:824-5. 2004
- Prevalence of angiotensin-converting enzyme, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase, Factor V Leiden, prothrombin and apolipoprotein E gene polymorphisms in MoroccoThierry Paluku They-They
Laboratoire de Génétique Médicale et Pathologie Moléculaire LGPM, Faculté de Médecine et de Pharmacie Casablanca, 19 rue Tarik Ibn Ziad, Casablanca, Morocco
Ann Hum Biol 37:767-77. 2010..These genetic factors are involved in several pathways affecting blood pressure regulation, blood coagulation, homocysteine and lipid metabolisms...
- Factor V Leiden G1691A and prothrombin G20210A mutations are common in TunisiaC Frere
J Thromb Haemost 1:2451-2. 2003
- Risk assessment for recurrent venous thrombosisPaul Alexander Kyrle
Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Lancet 376:2032-9. 2010..Analysis of preliminary data suggests that risk assessment can also be refined through integration of prothrombotic coagulation changes and clinical risk factors...
- Evaluation of the association between hereditary thrombophilias and recurrent pregnancy loss: a meta-analysisGeorge Kovalevsky
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:558-63. 2004..Recently, thrombophilias have been implicated as a possible cause. Factor V Leiden (FVL) and prothrombin gene (G20210A) mutations are the most common types of hereditary thrombophilias, but ..
- Factor V Leiden is associated with pre-eclampsia but not with fetal growth restriction: a genetic association study and meta-analysisT Dudding
Hunter Genetics, Hunter New England Health Service, NSW, Australia
J Thromb Haemost 6:1869-75. 2008..have suggested that there is a relationship between poor pregnancy outcomes and two polymorphisms, one in the factor V gene, the 1691G to A change (rs6025) located on chromosome 1q23 (factor V Leiden, FVL), and the other in the ..
- Malignancies, prothrombotic mutations, and the risk of venous thrombosisJeanet W Blom
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
JAMA 293:715-22. 2005..Venous thrombosis is a common complication in patients with cancer, leading to additional morbidity and compromising quality of life...
- Factor V Leiden thrombophiliaJody Lynn Kujovich
Northwest Cancer Specialists, Portland, OR 97227, USA
Genet Med 13:1-16. 2011b>Factor V Leiden is a genetic disorder characterized by a poor anticoagulant response to activated Protein C and an increased risk for venous thromboembolism...
- Pregnancy, the postpartum period and prothrombotic defects: risk of venous thrombosis in the MEGA studyE R Pomp
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 6:632-7. 2008..Venous thrombosis is one of the leading causes of maternal morbidity and mortality...
- Risk of recurrent venous thromboembolism in patients with common thrombophilia: a systematic reviewWai Khoon Ho
Department of Haematology, Royal Perth Hospital and Centre for Clinical Research Excellence, University of Western Australia, Perth
Arch Intern Med 166:729-36. 2006The 2 most common genetic polymorphisms that predispose to a first episode of venous thromboembolism (VTE) are factor V Leiden (FVL) and prothrombin G20210A...
- Ethnic differences in the association of factor V Leiden mutation and the C677T methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene polymorphism with preeclampsiaDamar Prasmusinto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Section of Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freudstrasse 25, 53127 Bonn, Germany
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 112:162-9. 2004This case-control study evaluates the association of the factor V Leiden mutation with preeclampsia and potential synergistic effects of the MTHFR-677T and factor V Leiden mutations with regard to disease risk in two different ethnic ..
- Primary habitual abortions are associated with high frequency of factor V Leiden mutationM L Wramsby
Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Fertil Steril 74:987-91. 2000To analyze the prevalence of the mutation G1691A in factor V gene (Leiden mutation), of mutation C677T in the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) gene, and of polymorphism in G20210A in the prothrombin gene in women with recurrent ..
- The thrombophilias: well-defined risk factors with uncertain therapeutic implicationsK A Bauer
From Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, West Roxbury, Massachusetts, USA
Ann Intern Med 135:367-73. 2001Discovery of the factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutations has greatly increased the percentage of patients in whom venous thrombosis can be attributed to hereditary thrombophilia...
- Prospective evaluation of hemostatic system activation and thrombin potential in healthy pregnant women with and without factor V LeidenS Eichinger
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Vienna, Austria
Thromb Haemost 82:1232-6. 1999..The risk of venous thrombosis is higher in pregnant women with factor V Leiden (FVL) than in those with wildtype factor V...
- Risk for subsequent venous thromboembolic complications in carriers of the prothrombin or the factor V gene mutation with a first episode of deep-vein thrombosisP Simioni
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Second Chair of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Padua, Italy
Blood 96:3329-33. 2000Carriers of a mutation in the prothrombin (clotting factor II) or factor V gene have a 2- to 4-fold greater risk for venous thromboembolism than subjects without the mutations...
- Factor V Leiden and prothrombin gene mutation may predispose to paradoxical embolism in subjects with patent foramen ovaleVesa Karttunen
Department of Neurology, Oulu University Central Hospital, Box 25, FIN 90029 Oulu, Finland
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 14:261-8. 2003..We assessed the occurrence of several prothrombotic states (factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A, deficiencies in protein S, protein C and antithrombin, lupus anticoagulant, ..
- Prothrombotic mutations as risk factors for cryptogenic ischemic cerebrovascular events in young subjects with patent foramen ovaleNicoletta Botto
CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, G Pasquinucci Hospital, Massa, Italy
Stroke 38:2070-3. 2007..We evaluated the prevalence of the 2 most common genetic risk factors for thromboembolism, factor V Leiden (G1691A) and prothrombin G20210A, in young PFO patients who were referred for percutaneous transcatheter ..
- Distinct association of factor V-Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutations with deep venous thrombosis in Tunisia and LebanonLobna Bouaziz-Borgi
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Monastir, Tunisia
Am J Hematol 81:641-3. 2006b>Factor V G1691A (FV-Leiden) and prothrombin (PRT) G20210A single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) were associated with venous thrombosis among Caucasians...
- Predictive value of factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A in adults with venous thromboembolism and in family members of those with a mutation: a systematic reviewJodi B Segal
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
JAMA 301:2472-85. 2009..Testing for genetic risks for venous thromboembolism (VTE) is common, but the safety and utility of such testing need review...
- Evaluation of factor V Leiden, prothrombin and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene mutations in patients with severe pregnancy complications in northern FinlandJ Jarvenpaa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Gynecol Obstet Invest 62:28-32. 2006Thrombosis in placenta may lead to severe pregnancy complications. Most important inherited thrombophilias are factor V Leiden mutation, prothrombin mutation, and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase mutation...
- Novel factor V C2-domain mutation (R2074H) in two families with factor V deficiency and bleedingI Schrijver
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305, USA
Thromb Haemost 87:294-9. 2002The molecular basis of Factor V deficiency has been defined in few patients only. We report a homozygous nucleotide change (G6395A) in two Tunisian probands with Factor V deficiency and bleeding episodes...
- Coagulation factor VStefano Duga
Department of Biology and Genetics for Medical Sciences, University of Milan, via Viotti 3 5, 20133 Milan, Italy
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 36:1393-9. 2004..b>Factor V (FV) takes part in this process as a component of the prothrombinase complex...
- No association between thrombosis and factor V gene polymorphisms in Chinese Han populationHu Yanqing
Department of Hematology, Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Thromb Haemost 89:446-51. 2003..And it is significantly linked to a single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the coagulation factor V gene that results in the mutations at R506, R306 and HR2 alleles...
- Activated protein C resistance (FV(Leiden)) and thrombosis: factor V mutations causing hypercoagulable statesGerry A F Nicolaes
Department of Biochemistry, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, Post Office Box 616, 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 17:37-61, vi. 2003..on the protein C anticoagulant pathway and the role of activated protein C resistance in thrombotic disease, and they discuss the involvement in thrombosis of mutations other than the Arg506Gln mutation in the gene encoding for factor V.
- Are factor V and prothrombin mutations associated with increased risk of oral cancer?Eleftherios Vairaktaris
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, Vas Sofias 93 and Dim Soutsou 1, Athens, Greece
Anticancer Res 25:2561-5. 2005..Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase is associated with pathogenesis of both thrombosis and oral cancer. Therefore, a search for a similar association of other thrombosis-related factors with oral cancer is justified...
- Factor V null mutation affecting the Roche LightCycler factor V Leiden assayMani S Mahadevan
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Clin Chem 51:1533-5. 2005
- The murine platelet and plasma factor V pools are biosynthetically distinct and sufficient for minimal hemostasisHongmin Sun
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Blood 102:2856-61. 2003Coagulation factor V (FV) is a central regulator of the coagulation cascade. Circulating FV is found in plasma and within platelet alpha granules. The specific functions of these distinct FV pools are uncertain...
- Factor V Leiden in central venous catheter-associated thrombosisRob Fijnheer
Department of Haematology, University Medical Center Utrecht UMCU, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Br J Haematol 118:267-70. 2002..The factor V Leiden mutation is an important risk factor for deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism...
- Factor V Leiden and prothrombin gene G20210A mutation in children with venous thromboembolismMariana Bonduel
Servicio de Hematología Oncología, Hospital de Pediatria Prof Dr Juan P Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thromb Haemost 87:972-7. 2002To determine whether factor V Leiden (FVL) and/or prothrombin gene G20210A mutation (PT20210A) are risk factors for venous thromboembolism (VTE) in Argentinean children...
- Activated protein C resistance and lupus anticoagulant activity induced by plasma and purified monospecific human IgG anti-beta2-glycoprotein-I antibodiesMartha E Viveros
Department of Immunology and Rheumatology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran
Rev Invest Clin 57:563-71. 2005..We investigated the activated protein C resistance (APCR) phenotype and the lupus anticoagulant (LA), activity induced by anti-beta2-glycoprotein-I (anti-beta2GP-I) antibodies...
- Postpartum seizures after epidural analgesia: a patient with a mutation of the factor V Leiden and prothrombin geneJohannes van Nordennen
Department of Anesthesiology, Academic Hospital Flemish Free University of Brussels, 1090, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Anesth 19:549-50. 2007..a transversal venous sinus, the underlying cause being an activated protein C resistance caused by a heterozygote factor V Leiden mutation and heterozygote prothrombin-gene mutation G20210A...
- Prevalence of factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutations in Chinese patients with deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolismZ J Jun
China Japan Union Hospital, Ji Lin University, Changchun, China
Clin Lab Haematol 28:111-6. 2006..Several genetic risk factors, especially factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutations have been reported to be related to VTE in Caucasians, but the ..
- Basic mechanisms and pathogenesis of venous thrombosisCharles T Esmon
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Departments of Pathology and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, United States
Blood Rev 23:225-9. 2009..Among these, factor V Leiden, which renders factor Va resistant to activated protein C, is the most prevalent with approximately 5% of ..
- Singlet oxygen inactivates fibrinogen, factor V, factor VIII, factor X, and platelet aggregation of human bloodT W Stief
Institute of Clinical Chemistry, Philipps University, D 35033, Marburg, Germany
Thromb Res 97:473-80. 2000..Plasmatic coagulation factors sensible to oxidation are fibrinogen, factor V, factor VIII, and factor X with a 50% effective dose of 2-3 mmol/l NaOCl or taurine-chloramine...
- Structural basis of thrombin-mediated factor V activation: the Glu666-Glu672 sequence is critical for processing at the heavy chain-B domain junctionMaría Angeles Corral-Rodríguez
Institute for Biomedical Research, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Blood 117:7164-73. 2011Thrombin-catalyzed activation of coagulation factor V (FV) is an essential positive feedback reaction within the blood clotting system...
- Thrombin-catalyzed activation of human coagulation factor VK Suzuki
J Biol Chem 257:6556-64. 1982Human coagulation factor V was purified from freshly frozen plasma by a method that gave high yields of single chain factor V...
- Contribution of amino acid region 659-663 of Factor Va heavy chain to the activity of factor Xa within prothrombinase JAMILA HIRBAWI
Department of Chemistry, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio 44115, USA
Biochemistry 49:8520-34. 2010..We have generated factor V molecules in which all residues were mutated to either lysine (factor V(5K)) or alanine (factor V(5A))...
- Factor V Leiden and thrombosis in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: a meta-analysisR Kaiser
Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, Division of Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco UCSF, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Genes Immun 10:495-502. 2009The aim of this study was to perform a meta-analysis of the association between the factor V Leiden polymorphism (FVL) and thrombosis among patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and/or antiphospholipid antibody (aPL) positivity...
- Factor V Leiden and thermolabile methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene variants in an East Anglian preeclampsia cohortK M O'Shaughnessy
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge Clinical School, Cambridge, UK
Hypertension 33:1338-41. 1999..number of candidate genes, and there have been recent reports of positive association with the Leiden variant of factor V and the thermolabile variant of methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase...
- Crystal structure of the LMAN1-CRD/MCFD2 transport receptor complex provides insight into combined deficiency of factor V and factor VIIIEdvard Wigren
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
FEBS Lett 584:878-82. 2010..The few stable mutation variants are found in the binding surface of the complex leading to impaired LMAN1 binding and F5F8D...
- Livedoid vasculiltis associated with a double heterozygous Factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A gene mutationsS Khenifer
Department of Dermatology, Claude Bernard University, hôpital de l Hôtel dieu, Lyon, France
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:e811-3. 2009..b>Factor V Leiden mutations have rarely been reported in association with LV...
- Factor V Leiden related Budd-Chiari syndromeP Deltenre
Service d Hepatologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Gut 48:264-8. 2001The role of factor V Leiden as a cause of Budd-Chiari syndrome has only recently been described.
- The role of the factor V Leiden mutation in osteonecrosis of the hipCharles J Glueck
1Cholesterol Center, Jewish Hospital of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 19:499-503. 2013We examined the hypothesis that the factor V Leiden (FVL) and G20101A prothrombin gene mutations are commonly associated with hip osteonecrosis...
- A fatal case of malignant atrophic papulosis (Degos' disease) in a man with factor V Leinden mutation and lupus anticoagulantThomas Hohwy
Department of Dermatology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Derm Venereol 86:245-7. 2006..5 years after onset of the disease. Laboratory investigations revealed a mutation of factor V Leiden and the presence of lupus anticoagulant, but no anti-cardiolipin antibodies...
- Protease-activated receptor (PAR) 1 and PAR4 differentially regulate factor V expression from human plateletsMatthew Duvernay
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Mol Pharmacol 83:781-92. 2013..PAR4-AP-mediated factor V (FV) association with the platelet surface was 1.6-fold greater than for PAR1-AP...
- Factor V Leiden mutation in postthrombotic and non-postthrombotic venous ulcersJ Hafner
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Zurich, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Arch Dermatol 137:599-603. 2001To determine the prevalence of the factor V Leiden mutation in patients with postthrombotic and non-postthrombotic venous ulcers.
- Polymorphisms of clotting factors modify the risk for primary intracranial hemorrhageJ Corral
The Neurology Division and the Hematology and Medical Oncology Service, Hospital General Universitario, Murcia, Spain
Blood 97:2979-82. 2001..Genomic polymerase chain reaction was used to analyze the prevalence of 4 polymorphisms: factor V Leiden, prothrombin 20210A, factor VII-323 Del/Ins of a decanucleotide, and factor XIII V34L...
- An online database of mutations and polymorphisms in and around the coagulation factor V geneH L Vos
J Thromb Haemost 5:185-8. 2007
- Prothrombinase complex assembly. Contributions of protein-protein and protein-membrane interactions toward complex formationS Krishnaswamy
Department of Biochemistry, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405
J Biol Chem 265:3708-18. 1990..Linkage between the two protein-membrane combination events leads to the further stabilization of the complex on the vesicle surface...
- Coagulation factor V(A2440G) causes east Texas bleeding disorder via TFPIαLisa M Vincent
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Medical Genetics, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Invest 123:3777-87. 2013..Affected individuals have normal levels of coagulation factor V (FV) activity, but demonstrate inhibition of global coagulation tests...
- Effects of the factor V G1691A mutation and the factor II G20210A variant on the clinical expression of severe hemophilia A in children--results of a multicenter studysKarin Kurnik
Dept of Pediatrics, University Hospital Munich, Germany
Haematologica 92:982-5. 2007..022). A protective effect of thrombophilic risk factors was shown for ABF (OR [CIs]: 0.7[0.5-0.9]; p=0.02) and the severity of the hemophilic arthropathy (OR [CIs]: 0.06[0.01-0.3]; p=0.0009)...
- A heparin cofactor II mutation (HCII Rimini) combined with factor V Leiden or type I protein C deficiency in two unrelated thrombophilic subjectsF Bernardi
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biologia Molecolare, Universita di Ferrara, Italy
Thromb Haemost 76:505-9. 1996..The heparin cofactor II gene alteration was associated with, in one patient, the factor V Leiden mutation and, in the other, type I protein C deficiency...
- Can Factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A testing in women with recurrent pregnancy loss result in improved pregnancy outcomes?: Results from a targeted evidence-based reviewLinda A Bradley
Division of Medical Screening and Special Testing, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Genet Med 14:39-50. 2012Women with recurrent pregnancy loss are offered Factor V Leiden (F5) and/or prothrombin G20210A (F2) testing to identify candidates for anticoagulation to improve outcomes...
- Livedoid vasculopathy in a patient with factor V mutation (Leiden)T Biedermann
Department of Dermatology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Cutan Pathol 27:410-2. 2000..For these forms, an unknown vaso-occlusive or thrombogenic process has been accused to play a role. Thus, a patient with livedoid vasculopathy was examined for different parameters which can be involved in coagulopathies...
- Primer-engineered multiplex PCR-RFLP for detection of MTHFR C677T, prothrombin G20210A and factor V Leiden mutationsVedat Koksal
Burc Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Istanbul, Turkey
Exp Mol Pathol 83:1-3. 2007Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the genes that code for coagulation factors V (factor V Leiden) and II (prothrombin, G20210A), as well as the methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR, C677T) gene, have been implicated in the majority ..
- Endogenous factor V synthesis in megakaryocytes contributes negligibly to the platelet factor V poolM Christella L G D Thomassen
Department of Biochemistry, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Haematologica 88:1150-6. 2003Coagulation factor V (FV) is distributed between two pools: 80% circulates in plasma and 20% is stored in platelets. The aim of the study was to determine the origin of platelet FV.
- Broadening the factor V Leiden paradox: pulmonary embolism and deep-vein thrombosis as 2 sides of the spectrumKirsten van Langevelde
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Blood 120:933-46. 2012..A well-known example is the factor V Leiden (FVL) paradox: the FVL mutation poses a clearly higher risk for deep-vein thrombosis (DVT) than for ..
- The R306G and R506Q mutations in coagulation Factor V reveals additional cleavage sites for Activated Protein C in the R313-R321 region and at R505Richard J Dirven
Einthoven Laboratory for Experimental Vascular Medicine, Dept of Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Thromb Res 125:444-50. 2010The procoagulant function of activated factor V (FVa) is inhibited by activated Protein C (APC) through proteolytic cleavages at R306, R506 and R679...
- Factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A mutations and the risk of atherothrombotic events in systemic lupus erythematosusRudolf Pullmann
Medical Clinic II, Jessenius Medical Faculty, Martin Faculty Hospital, Martin, Slovakia
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 10:233-8. 2004..SLE) remains to be determined, the most common genetic prothrombotic factors, prothrombin G20210A and factor V Leiden mutations, were studied...
- A male adolescent with left iliac thrombophlebitis and heterozygosity for factor V Leiden mutationAmy E Lovejoy
Division of Hematology Oncology, Rady Children s Hospital, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
J Pediatr Surg 44:1640-2. 2009..J Intern Med. 2002;252:276-280). Secondly, resistance to activated protein C as a result of factor V Leiden is associated with thromboembolic disease at an early age (Price DT, Ridker PM. Ann Intern Med...
- Increased titer of anti-beta2-glycoprotein I IgG antibody among factor V Leiden carriers during oral contraceptive useR Poka
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Cente, Nagyerdei krt 98, 4012 Debrecen, Hungary
Contraception 69:27-30. 2004The risk of thromboembolism during oral contraceptive (OC) use is increased among factor V Leiden (FVL) carriers compared to women with wild-type genotype of the gene for coagulation factor V (FV)...
- Factor II G20210A and factor V G1691A gene mutations and peripheral arterial occlusive diseaseW Renner
Department of Medicine, Karl Franzens University, Graz, Austria
Thromb Haemost 83:20-2. 2000G to A mutations at positions 20210 of the prothrombin gene (F2) and 1691 of the factor V gene (F5) are established risk factors for venous thrombosis...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF HUMAN COAGULATION FACTOR VThomas Ortel; Fiscal Year: 2010..A membrane binding site was localized to the factor V C2 domain and the structures of two crystal forms of this domain have been elucidated...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF HEPARIN COFACTOR IIDouglas M Tollefsen; Fiscal Year: 2010..C57BL/6 mice with HCII deficiency in combination with factor V Leiden or protein Z deficiency will be observed for evidence of spontaneous thrombosis or other abnormalities...
- Membrane Receptors Regulating Megakaryocyte Endocytosis of Factor V from PlasmaBETH BOUCHARD; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recently, our laboratory demonstrated that the entire pool of the platelet-derived procofactor, factor V, originates from plasma through endocytosis of factor V by platelet precursors, megakaryocytes, via a two ..
- FACTOR VA INTERACTIONS REGULATING PROTHROMBIN ACTIVATIONPaul E Bock; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Factor V plays a pivotal role in hemostasis, and in the pathology of venous thrombosis...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF BLOOD COAGULATION REGULATIONSteven T Olson; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the case of anti-thrombin and increased thrombosis when mice are given a thrombotic challenge or are bred on a factor V Leiden background in the case of ZPI...
- Identifying novel genetic risk factors for venous thromboembolism (VTE)Jun Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, known common variants, confirmed in recent genome-wide association studies (GWAS), such as Factor V Leiden and the ABO blood group, account for only half of this risk...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF COAGULATION DISORDERSDavid Ginsburg; Fiscal Year: 2013..this PPG will: (1) continue a whole genome ENU mutagenesis analysis in the mouse to identify genetic modifiers of factor V Leiden, while also taking advantage of natural murine strain variation to identify additional thrombosis ..
- TFPI ALPHA AND TFPI BETAGeorge J Broze; Fiscal Year: 2013..TFPI1 interacts with protein S (PS), which enhances its anti-FXa activity, and with factor V (FV), which may prolong its clearance from plasma...
- Risk-Benefit Framework for Genetic TestsDavid L Veenstra; Fiscal Year: 2010..it to two additional case studies: a) Gene expression profiling in women with early stage breast cancer, and b) Factor V Leiden testing for pregnant women with clotting or adverse pregnancy outcomes;(3) Evaluate and optimize the ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISM IN THE COMMUNITYJohn A Heit; Fiscal Year: 2013..in the observed incidence of VTE;in Aim 2 to determine "when genetic testing is appropriate" by 2a) testing Factor V Leiden, Prothrombin G20210A, and novel ABO SNPs as risk factors for VTE after hospitalization for major surgery ..
- Mechanisms of Clotting Factor AssemblyJames H Morrissey; Fiscal Year: 2013..that, in addition to being an extremely potent initiator of the contact pathway, polyphosphate also accelerates factor V activation and enhances fibrin clot structure, leading to thicker fibrin fibrils that are more resistant to ..
- Surrogate markers for Severe Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..if patients with PE complicated by an adverse outcome are more likely to have antiphospholipid antibodies, or factor V Leiden G1691A, prothrombin G20210A, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T mutations, or low red blood cell ..
- Epidemiologic Study of Placental AbruptionCande Ananth; Fiscal Year: 2006..from which DNA will be extracted and assayed for genetic mutations and polymorphisms, including those for factor V Leiden (1691G yields A), prothrombin gene (20210G yields A), the 677C yields T and 1298A yields C polymorphisms ..
- Molecular Basis of Procofactor ActivationRodney M Camire; Fiscal Year: 2012..The inactive procofactor protein factor V (FV) cannot participate to any significant degree in its macromolecular enzyme complex...
- Thrombin Formation InhibitorsJames Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2004..Generation of DVT is strongly correlated with the function of factor V, a protein cofactor for prothrombinase...
- MUTATIONS, HORMONE THERAPY, AND VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISMBruce Psaty; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION: (Adapted from Investigator's Abstract) Epidemiologic studies have identified Factor V Leiden as the most common cause of heritable thrombophilia a prothrombotic mutation associated with a 5 to 7-fold increase in the risk of ..
- ORAL CONTRACEPTIVES AND THROMBOEMBOLIC DISEASEStephen Sidney; Fiscal Year: 2000..users of low-dose (<50 micrograms estrogen) oral contraceptive (OC) preparations; and b) the prevalence of the factor V Leiden mutation in cases and controls and the relative and attributable risk of venous thromboembolic disease ..
- VITAMIN K-DEPENDENT PROTEINS IN LIVER & ISOLATED CELLSReidar Wallin; Fiscal Year: 1992..Pulmonary macrophages produce tissue factor and factor V but appear to be devoid of carboxylase activity...
- DEFINITION OF FUNCTIONAL SITES ON COAGULATION FACTOR XWILLIAM CHURCH; Fiscal Year: 1993..a supramolecular complex, termed prothrombinase, consisting of an enzyme (Factor X alpha), a protein cofactor (Factor V alpha), calcium ion, and a phospholipid surface...
- Processed Defining Megakaryocyte Endocytosis of Factor VPAULA TRACY; Fiscal Year: 2005..the rate of thrombin generation, the physiologic effect being demonstrated by the severe hemorrhage observed in factor V deficiency...
- Discovery of antivirals against vaccinia and smallpoxRobert Ricciardi; Fiscal Year: 2003..The approach may help deliver the 'just-in-time' need for reagents to combat a smallpox bioterrorism threat. ..
- PROTHROMBIN ACTIVATION ON BLOOD MONONUCLEAR CELLSPAULA TRACY; Fiscal Year: 1990..of monocytes/macrophages to assemble an endogenous prothrombinase through synthesis, secretion and activation of factor V, factor X and prothrombin...
- Lung Endothelium in Vaso-OcclusionSongwei Wu; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Factor Va regulation of prothrombinase activityJAMILA HIRBAWI; Fiscal Year: 2010The LONG-TERM goal of our research is to study and analyze the structure and function of the factor V molecule in order to understand key mechanisms involved in maintaining hemostasis in the human body...
- Genetic Modifiers in Children with Sickle Cell AnemiaRussell Ware; Fiscal Year: 2005..g. methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase, platelet glycoprotein IIIa, plasminogen activator inhibitor, prothrombin, Factor V, and Factor VII genes), brain injury repair (apolipoprotein E), bilirubin metabolism (the UDP-..
- NEWBORN SCREENING BY MULTIPLEX MOLECULAR ANALYSISEdwin Naylor; Fiscal Year: 2002..Alpha-1-Antitrypsin Deficiency Z allele (G9989a) and S allele (A7677T); 4). Hereditary Thrombophilia (Factor V Leiden G1691A, Prothrombin G20210A, Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T); 5)...
- COMMON VARIANTS IN CANDIDATE GENES AND PREMATURE MI RISKStephen Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2001..Those data show that common polymorphisms in genes coding for two clotting factors, coagulation Factor V and coagulation Factor II, are risk factors for MI only among cigarette smokers in this sample...
- THROMBOSTATIN--A SELECTIVE ANTITHROMBINAlvin Schmaier; Fiscal Year: 1999..selectively block a-thrombin s ability to activate platelets without interfering with its ability to activate factor V and VIII and clot fibrinogen The specific aims of this proposal are as follows: 1...
- PROTHROMBINASE COMPLEX--STOPPED-FLOW KINETICSSriram Krishnaswamy; Fiscal Year: 1991..of prothrombinase assembly in the presence or absence of substrate will be conducted using factor Va and other factor V-derived peptides in order to better define regions of the cofactor that participate in the assembly and function ..
- THROMBOTIC, INFLAMMATORY & GENE MARKERS OF CVD IN WOMENPaul Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2002..They will also explore common genetic polymorphisms in the tPA, PAI-1, MTHFR, thrombomodulin, prothrombin, and factor V genes so that both inherited and environmental determinants of coronary thrombosis in women can simultaneously be ..
- ANTIPHOSPHOLIPID SYNDROME AND THE PROTEIN C PATHWAYRobert Roubey; Fiscal Year: 2000..and purification of autoantibodies directed against protein C protein S, thrombin, thrombomodulin, factor V, and beta2GPI, and correlation of these autoantibodies with clinical manifestations of the a aPL syndrome; 2) the ..
- FACTOR V GENE DEFECTS IN THROMBOPHILIAWILLIAM KANE; Fiscal Year: 2001..Activated protein C (APC) regulates the prothrombinese complex by inactivating factor V which serves as an essential protein cofactor...
- SECONDARY PREVENTION TRIAL OF VENOUS THROMBOSISPaul Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2002..low dose warfarin in the secondary prevention of venous thromboembolism (VTE) among patients with and without factor V Leiden mutation, a common inherited defect of hemostasis associated with increased risk of recurrent thrombus ..
- STRUCTURES OF COAGULATION COFACTORSSTEPHEN EVERSE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Crystallization trials will begin immediately using bovine and human factor V as well as recombinant factor VIIIa...
- HYPOXIC STRESS MECHANISMS IN RADIATION AND CHEMOTHERAPYKeith Laderoute; Fiscal Year: 2009..An understanding of these MTF-1-dependent properties should aid in the development of novel prognostic and new modalities for neoplastic diseases. ..
- NEWBORN SCREENING BY MULTIPLEX MOLECULAR ANALYSISEdwin Naylor; Fiscal Year: 1999..sickle cell hemoglobinopathies S, C, and E alleles; alpha-1-Antitrypsin Deficiency S allele and Z allele; Factor V Leiden A1691G; and Hemochromatosis G845A...
- Molecular Diagnostic Assays for Genetic DiseaseHashem Akhavan Tafti; Fiscal Year: 2001..Applicant's Abstract): The objective of Phase 1 is to develop a sensitive test and kit for detection of the Factor V Leiden mutation in human blood using a new nucleic acid ligation-based technology invented at Lumigen...
- The roles of host hemostatic system in the pathogenicity of Group A StreptococcalHongmin Sun; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Specific Aim 2 the effects of variations in host hemostatic factors, such as Factor V and fibrinogen, on host susceptibility to GAS infection will be tested...
- Decidual-Endothelial Tissue Factor and IUGRCharles Lockwood; Fiscal Year: 2006..These pathological obstetrical conditions are associated with acquired and inherited thrombophilias (e.g. Factor V Leiden)...
- INFLAMMATION MARKERS OVER TIME IN CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASERussell Tracy; Fiscal Year: 2002..IL-2 receptor; and 3) to measure in the same way markers of hemostatic and fibrinolytic activation, such as factor V/Va. Plasmin-a2 Anti-plasmin Complex, and D-dimer...
- Genetic Risk Factors for CVA in Children with Hb SSAbdullah Kutlar; Fiscal Year: 2004..converting enzyme), ID (insertion/deletion) polymorphism, prothrombin 20210 G to A mutation, and mutations in the Factor V gene (Factor V Leiden, Rsa I polymorphisms; in exon 13 of the factor V gene known as R2 and R3 haplotypes, and ..
- ETIOLOGY OF STROKE IN CHILDREN WITH SICKLE CELL DISEASESherri Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2004..with SCA for the presence of specific inherited thrombotic mutations, including mutations in the genes for Factor V, Factor VII, MTHFR, GPIIa, prothrombin and fibrinogen, using DNA analysis...
- DNA PROBES FOR FASTER DETECTION OF GENE DISORDERSRobert Henkens; Fiscal Year: 1999..including: mutations in the breast cancer susceptibility gene BRCA1, a point mutation in the gene encoding Factor V, K-ras tumor DNA in blood plasma, and alternatively spliced mRNAs of the CD44 gene...
- Diagnosing DNA Mutations Using Mismatch Repair EnzymesLEONARD BAZAR; Fiscal Year: 2004..FRET-MIDAS reagents for the detection of high-risk oncogenic human papilloma virus (HPV) and the Coagulation factor V Leiden mutation, which are associated with cervical cancer and thrombophilia, respectively...
- CELL MEDIATED HEMOSTASISHarold Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will use factor V molecules that have cleavage site mutations...
- BIOCHEMICAL STUDIES ON THE BLOOD COAGULATION PROCESSDONALD HANAHAN; Fiscal Year: 1980This project represents a continuing investigation of the biochemical nature of Factor V found in the plasma of man and cow. This labile protein plays an important role in the key reaction of conversion of prothrombin to thrombin...
- Molecular Diagnostic Assays for Genetic DiseasesHashem Akhavan Tafti; Fiscal Year: 2004Phase I of this proposal proved the feasibility of detection of the factor V Leiden mutation in human blood and correct determination of sample genotype as compared to a reference PCR method...
- SNP Detection with Unlabeled, Unamplified Target DNAWANDA WHITE; Fiscal Year: 2002..detection could be used in medical clinics for identifying disease causing mutations, such as human coagulation factor V Leiden, and in laboratories to study allele frequency and construct genetic maps...
- AN ASSAY FOR GENETIC MUTATIONS CAUSING HYPERCOAGULATIONSUDHAKAR MARLA; Fiscal Year: 2003..developing a rapid test to identify simultaneously SNPs in three genes involved in hypercoagulation disorders [factor V (1691 G->A), prothrombrin (20210 G->A) and MTHFR (677 C->T)]...
- AN ASSAY FOR GENETIC MUTATIONS CAUSING HYPERCOAGULATIONSUDHAKAR MARLA; Fiscal Year: 2000..The goal of the proposed research is to develop a rapid, cost efficient, simultaneous assay for determination of Factor V Leiden gene, the G20210 prothrombin gene, and C677T MTHFR gene mutations...
- SELECTIVITY OF BACTERIAL TRANSCRIPTIONMICHAEL CHAMBERLIN; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF COAGULATION PROTEASE SPECIFICITYAlireza R Rezaie; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Functional Domains of Coagulation Factor VMichael Kalafatis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The procofactor, factor V, does not participate in prothrombinase...
- Association of Thrombophilia and Inflammation with Post-Thrombotic SyndromeMary Cushman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Resultant disability is estimated at 2 million lost workdays/year and medical costs as $300 million yearly. Findings here can form the basis for development of new therapies to treat, and moreover prevent,PTS. ..
- Role of Coagulation System Variability: Cardiac SurgeryBrian Donahue; Fiscal Year: 2006..The project will make extensive use of data in the Vanderbilt Cardiac Surgery Registry, a valuable database of genetic and clinical data presently being prospectively collected on elective adult cardiac surgery patients...
- Individual Propensity to Venous ThrombosisJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also investigate the joint effects of these susceptibility genes on VTE stratified on Factor V Leiden;and Aim 3: To determine if functional assays of circulating whole blood procoagulant activity associate ..
- Low-Cost Digital Imaging System for Evaluating ThrombosisBrian Cooley; Fiscal Year: 2008..This imaging methodology may have a capacity for future adaptation to clinical thrombosis imaging. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Stabilized factor VIIIa as improved therapy for hemophilia AANDREW GALE; Fiscal Year: 2008..This treatment could improve the quality of life and overall health of the hemophilia A sufferers. ..
- Novel targets and agents to treat thrombotic disordersJohn Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Age on Vein Graft Neointimal FormationBrian Cooley; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, the establishment of an age-associated model of vein grafting will permit age-specific evaluation of new therapeutic avenues for inhibiting neointimal formation. ..
- COAT-PlateletsGeorge Dale; Fiscal Year: 2005..referred to a COAT-platelets (collagen and thrombin stimulated-platelets), express high levels of surface-bound factor V. This sub-population of platelets represents approximately 30 percent of the total and is most prominent among ..
- POSTDOCTORAL HEMATOLOGY RESEARCH TRAININGGeorge Dale; Fiscal Year: 2003..Francis Fdt. (OUHSC). All members of the faculty work closely together under Specialized Center of Research (SCOR) and Program Project (PP)...
- Outcomes of Perinatal StrokeMeredith Golomb; Fiscal Year: 2008..During the last year of the study, she plans to apply for an R01 grant to set up a pilot clinical trial. [unreadable] [unreadable]..