Genomes and Genes
Summary: A mycotoxin with antibiotic and carcinogenic activity produced by various strains of PENICILLIUM and ASPERGILLUS. It has been found in tobacco, sausages, and corn.
- Mycotoxin-forming ability of two Penicillium roqueforti strains in blue moldy tulum cheese ripened at various temperaturesAhmet Erdogan
Vocational School of Hinis, Food Engineering Department, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
J Food Prot 67:533-5. 2004..Mycotoxin (patulin, penicillic acid, PR toxin, and roquefortine) formation in the control and mold-inoculated cheeses were detected by thin-layer ..
- The effect of substrate on mycotoxin production of selected Penicillium strainsMeri Kokkonen
National Veterinary and Food Research Institute, P O Box 45, Hämeentie 57, FIN 00581 Helsinki, Finland
Int J Food Microbiol 99:207-14. 2005..metabolites (aflatoxins B1, B2, G1 and G2, citrinin, cyclopiazonic acid, mycophenolic acid, ochratoxin A, penicillic acid, penitrem A and roquefortine C) on different matrices...
- The mycotoxin penicillic acid inhibits Fas ligand-induced apoptosis by blocking self-processing of caspase-8 in death-inducing signaling complexMasashige Bando
Research Center for Experimental Biology and Department of Bioengineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta cho, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:5786-93. 2003..We have found that penicillic acid (PCA) inhibits FasL-induced apoptosis and concomitant loss of cell viability in Burkitt's lymphoma Raji cells...
- The effects of the Penicillium mycotoxins citrinin, cyclopiazonic acid, ochratoxin A, patulin, penicillic acid, and roquefortine C on in vitro proliferation of porcine lymphocytesModestas Keblys
National Veterinary Institute, P O Box 8156 Dep, N 0033, Oslo, Norway
Mycopathologia 158:317-24. 2004..of the Penicillium mycotoxins citrinin (CIT), cyclopiazonic acid (CPA), ochratoxin A (OTA), patulin (PAT), penicillic acid (PIA) and roquefortine C (RQC) on mitogen induced lymphocyte proliferation was determined using purified ..
- Experimental mycotoxicosis in chickens induced by ochratoxin A and penicillic acid and intervention with natural plant extractsS D Stoev
Department of General and Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Trakia University, 6000 Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Vet Res Commun 28:727-46. 2004The combined toxic effect of ochratoxin A (OTA) and penicillic acid (PA) on the body mass, the weight and pathomorphology of some internal organs was studied in 85 broiler chickens fed a mouldy diet containing 130, 300 or 800 ppb OTA and ..
- Investigating the effect of patulin, penicillic acid and EDTA on biofilm formation of isolates from dental unit water linesIram Liaqat
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of the Punjab, Quaid e Azam Campus, Lahore, 54590, Pakistan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 81:349-58. 2008This study investigated the effect of patulin and penicillic acid, two known quorum-sensing inhibitors, and the common biocide ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) on the biofilm formation and auto-inducer (AI)-2 production of three ..
- Experimental mycotoxic nephropathy in pigs provoked by a diet containing ochratoxin A and penicillic acidS D Stoev
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Thracian University, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Vet Res Commun 25:205-23. 2001..18 young pigs by diets contaminated with strains of Aspergillus ochraceus containing ochratoxin A (OTA) and penicillic acid (PA) at levels corresponding to those naturally encountered in animal feeds in Bulgaria...
- Bio-activity and dereplication-based discovery of ophiobolins and other fungal secondary metabolites targeting leukemia cellsTanja Thorskov Bladt
Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, Søltofts Plads, Building 221, Kgs Lyngby DK 2800, Denmark
Molecules 18:14629-50. 2013..The known compounds penicillic acid, viridicatumtoxin, calbistrin A, brefeldin A, emestrin A, and neosolaniol monoacetate were identified from ..
- Exposure to Penicillium mycotoxins alters gene expression of enzymes involved in the epigenetic regulation of bovine macrophages (BoMacs)Se Young Oh
Department of Animal and Poultry Science APS, University of Guelph, 50 Stone Rd East, Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1, Canada
Mycotoxin Res 29:235-43. 2013..following Penicillium mycotoxins: citrinin (CIT), ochratoxin A (OTA), patulin (PAT), mycophenolic acid (MPA), penicillic acid (PA), or a combination of one of the above with OTA at the concentration that inhibits BoMac proliferation by ..
- [Long-term follow-up after intravenous injection of mercury--two cases report]Halina Goszcz
Oddział Toksykologii i Chorób Wewnetrznych, Szpitala Specjalistycznego im Ludwika Rydygiera w Krakowie
Przegl Lek 69:580-4. 2012..Mercury depots in the lung are still present. The blood and urine mercury concentration is low (13.7 microg/L and 2.53 microg/L). In mean time she gave birth two healthy children. Further patients evaluation is necessary...
- Fungal populations and mycotoxins in silage in Assiut and Sohag governorates in Egypt, with a special reference to characteristic Aspergilli toxinsA A El-Shanawany
Faculty of Science, Department of Botany and Microbiology, Al Azhar University, Assiut Branch, Assiut, Egypt
Mycopathologia 159:281-9. 2005..One isolate of A. ochraceous formed ochratoxin A and other isolate produced penicillic acid. Concerning A...
- Cytotoxic metabolites from the cultures of endophytic fungi from Panax ginsengCheng Jian Zheng
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, 325 Guohe Road, Shanghai, 200433, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97:7617-25. 2013..six known compounds, methyl 2,4-dihydroxy-3,5,6-trimethylbenzoate (2), 3,4,5-trimethyl-1,2-benzenediol (3), penicillic acid (4), mannitol (5), ergosterol (6), and ergosterol peroxide (7), were separated from the EtOAc extract of Yuan-..
- Complex etiology and pathology of mycotoxic nephropathy in South African pigsStoycho D Stoev
Department of General and Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Trakia University, Students Campus, 6000, Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Mycotoxin Res 26:31-46. 2010..Africa was found to have multi-mycotoxic etiology involving several mycotoxins such as ochratoxin A (OTA), penicillic acid (PA) and fumonisin B1 (FB1) in addition to a not yet identified mycotoxin...
- Cytotoxic activity of fungal strains isolated from the ascidian Eudistoma vannameiTasso G C Montenegro
Departamento de Quimica Organica e Inorganica, Universidade Federal do Ceara, Campus do Pici, P O Box 6044, 60 455 970, Fortaleza CE, Brazil
Chem Biodivers 9:2203-9. 2012..allowed the isolation of the isocoumarins mellein, cis-4-hydroxymellein, and trans-4-hydroxymellein, besides penicillic acid. All isolated compounds were tested for their cytotoxicity against the tumor cell lines MDA-MB-435 and HCT-8 ..
- Synthesis and characteristics of a novel artificial hapten using the copper mercaptide of penicillenic acid from penicillin G for immunoassay of heavy metal ionsWu Xu
Laboratory of Analytical Biochemistry and Bio separation, Key Laboratory of Microbiology of Ministry of Education of China, School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Sci China Life Sci 54:813-21. 2011..These results confirm that the novel hapten and relevant antigen for copper ion have been successfully synthesized, giving progress towards an immunoassay for copper ions in environmental and food samples...
- Ligerin, an antiproliferative chlorinated sesquiterpenoid from a marine-derived Penicillium strainMarieke Vansteelandt
LUNAM Université, Universite de Nantes, Nantes, France
J Nat Prod 76:297-301. 2013..a marine-derived strain of Penicillium, belonging to the subgenus Penicillium, along with the known compounds penicillic acid (2), orcinol, and orsellinic acid...
- Characterization and regulation of new secondary metabolites from Aspergillus ochraceus M18 obtained by UV mutagenesisGamal Awad
Laboratoire de Genie Chimique, Equipe Génie des Systèmes Microbiens UMR 5503, Toulouse, France
Can J Microbiol 51:59-67. 2005..The production of 1 was generally associated with growth, whereas that of compound 2 was dissociated from growth. The biosynthesis of these 2 metabolites was influenced by the sources of carbon and nitrogen...
- Characterization of molds from dry-cured meat products and their metabolites by micellar electrokinetic capillary electrophoresis and random amplified polymorphic DNA PCRA Martin
Higiene de los Alimentos, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Extremadura, Avda de la Universidad s n 10071, Caceres, Spain
J Food Prot 67:2234-9. 2004..MECC analysis showed that 10 of the 20 molds tested produced mycotoxins, including patulin, penicillic acid, cyclopiazonic acid, mycophenolic acid, aflatoxin B1, sterigmatocystin, and griseofulvin...
- Isolation of moulds capable of producing mycotoxins from blue mouldy Tulum cheeses produced in TurkeyA Erdogan
Department of Food Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture, Ataturk University, 25240, Erzurum, Turkey
Int J Food Microbiol 85:83-5. 2003..days, then extracted with chloroform and acetone and the extracts were examined for the presence of patulin, penicillic acid, roquefortine and PR toxin using thin layer chromatography. All of the P...
- Morphological, molecular, and mycotoxigenic identification of dominant filamentous fungi from moldy civil cheeseSongul Cakmakci
Department of Food Engineering, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
J Food Prot 75:2045-9. 2012..Of 165 isolates, only 28 produced no penicillic acid, P. roqueforti toxin, or roquefortine.
- First morphomolecular identification of Penicillium griseofulvum and Penicillium aurantiogriseum toxicogenic isolates associated with blue mold on appleMohmed Moslem
Botany and Microbiology Department, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Foodborne Pathog Dis 7:857-61. 2010..involved in blue mold of apple. This is the first report of occurrence of P. griseofulvum and P. aurantiogriseum on imported apple fruits in Saudi Arabia...
- Interactions of organic anion transporters and organic cation transporters with mycotoxinsKittipong Tachampa
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 106:435-43. 2008..B1, alpha-zearalenol, citrinin, citrioveridine, cyclopiazonic acid, fumonisin B1, gliotoxin, patulin, penicillic acid, rubratoxin B, and zearalenone...
- Penicillium araracuarense sp. nov., Penicillium elleniae sp. nov., Penicillium penarojense sp. nov., Penicillium vanderhammenii sp. nov. and Penicillium wotroi sp. nov., isolated from leaf litterJos Houbraken
CBS KNAW Fungal Biodiversity Centre, PO Box 85167, 3508 AD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 61:1462-75. 2011..had a unique extrolite profile of known and uncharacterized metabolites and various compounds, such as penicillic acid, andrastin A, pulvilloric acid, paxillin, paspaline and janthitrem, were commonly produced by these ..
- Construction of an effective screening system for detection of Pseudomonas aeruginosa quorum sensing inhibitors and its application in bioautographic thin-layer chromatographyLinna Wang
Key Laboratory of Marine Drugs, Chinese Ministry of Education, School of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ocean University of China, 5 Yushan Road, Qingdao, People s Republic of China
Biotechnol Lett 33:1381-7. 2011..Thin-layer chromatography assay of the fungal extracts for bioautographic identification of QSIS-lasI indicated that this fungus produced several QSI compounds, including QS inhibitors other than penicillic acid or patulin.
- Well-known quorum sensing inhibitors do not affect bacterial quorum sensing-regulated bean sprout spoilageM Rasch
Danish Institute for Fisheries Research, Department of Seafood Research, Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
J Appl Microbiol 102:826-37. 2007..To investigate the potential of quorum sensing inhibitors (QSI) as food preservative agents in a food product, where bacterial spoilage is controlled by quorum sensing (QS)...
- Myasthenia gravis and scleroderma: two cases and a review of the literatureSasa A Zivkovic
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, United States
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 109:388-91. 2007..Our findings also suggest that d-penicillamine may be cautiously used in selected patients with pre-existing scleroderma and myasthenia, when potential benefits outweigh the risk of possible myasthenia exacerbation...
- Four psychrotolerant species with high chemical diversity consistently producing cycloaspeptide A, Penicillium jamesonlandense sp. nov., Penicillium ribium sp. nov., Penicillium soppii and Penicillium lanosumJens C Frisvad
Center for Microbial Biotechnology, BioCentrum DTU, Kgs, Lyngby, Denmark
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 56:1427-37. 2006..species produce a range of secondary metabolites with a high chemical diversity, represented by kojic acid, penicillic acid, griseofulvin, pseurotin, chrysogine, tryptoquivalins and cycloaspeptide...
- Amplification and diversity analysis of ketosynthase domains of putative polyketide synthase genes in Aspergillus ochraceus and Aspergillus carbonarius producers of ochratoxin AAli Atoui
Département Bioprocédés et Systèmes Microbiens, Laboratoire de Génie Chimique UMR5503 CNRS INPT UPS, Ecole Nationale Superieure Agronomique de Toulouse, Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse, France
Mol Nutr Food Res 50:488-93. 2006..carbonarius 2Mu134 have been identified. The identified KS fragments were distributed in five different clusters on the phylogenetic tree, indicating that they most probably represent PKSs responsible for different functions...
- Mycotoxic nephropathy in Bulgarian pigs and chickens: complex aetiology and similarity to Balkan endemic nephropathyS D Stoev
Department of General and Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Trakia University, Students Campus, 6000 Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 27:72-88. 2010..was found to have a multi-mycotoxic aetiology being mainly provoked by a combined effect of ochratoxin A, penicillic acid and fumonisin B1 in addition to a not-yet-known metabolite...
- LC-MS/MS multi-method for mycotoxins after single extraction, with validation data for peanut, pistachio, wheat, maize, cornflakes, raisins and figsMartien C Spanjer
National Reference Laboratory for Mycotoxins and Pesticides in Food, Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority VWA, Hoogte Kadijk 401, The Netherlands
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 25:472-89. 2008..toxin, HT-2 toxin, alpha-zearalenol, alpha-zearalanol, beta-zearalanol, sterigmatocystin, cyclopiazonic acid, penicillic acid, fumonisins B1, B2 and B3, diacetoxyscirpenol, 3- and 15-acetyl-deoxynivalenol, zearalanone, ergotamin, ..
- Chlorohydroaspyrones A and B, antibacterial aspyrone derivatives from the marine-derived fungus Exophiala spDahai Zhang
Department of Chemistry, Pukyong National University, Busan 608 737, Korea
J Nat Prod 71:1458-60. 2008..B (2), antibacterial aspyrone derivatives, and the previously described aspyrone (3), asperlactone (4), and penicillic acid (5) have been isolated from the broth of a marine isolate of the fungus Exophiala...
- Cyclic tripeptides from the halotolerant fungus Aspergillus sclerotiorum PT06-1Jinkai Zheng
Key Laboratory of Marine Drugs, Chinese Ministry of Education, School of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266003, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 73:1133-7. 2010..sclerotiotides A-K (1-11), together with three known compounds, JBIR-15 (12), aspochracin (13), and penicillic acid, were isolated from the ethyl acetate extract of the fermentation broth of the halotolerant Aspergillus ..
- [Synthesis and identification of penicillic-acid antigens from Penicillium cyclopium]Hongyu Lei
College of Veterinary Medicine, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha 410128, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 24:898-902. 2008To establish a new immune assay for Penicillic Acid (PA) from Penicillium cyclopium, we studied the synthesis of conjugated complete antigens for penicillic acid...
- Formation and disappearance of mycophenolic acid, patulin, penicillic acid and PR toxin in maize silage inoculated with Penicillium roquefortiH M Muller
Department of Animal Nutrition, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Arch Tierernahr 50:213-25. 1997..Penicillium roqueforti strains which are able to form the mycotoxins mycophenolic acid (MPA), patulin (PAT), penicillic acid (PA), or PR toxin (PRT)...
- Mycotoxins and toxigenic fungi in sago starch from Papua New GuineaA R Greenhill
Environmental and Public Health Microbiology Research Group, School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, James Cook University, Townsville, QLD, Australia
Lett Appl Microbiol 47:342-7. 2008..To assay sago starch from Papua New Guinea (PNG) for important mycotoxins and to test fungal isolates from sago for mycotoxin production in culture...
- Complex etiology, prophylaxis and hygiene control in mycotoxic nephropathies in farm animals and humansStoycho D Stoev
Department of General and Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Trakia University, Students Campus, 6000 Stara Zagora, Bulgaria E mail
Int J Mol Sci 9:578-605. 2008..The possible synergistic effect between ochratoxin A (OTA) and other mycotoxins, as penicillic acid (PA) and fumonisin B(1) (FB(1)), contributing to this nephropathy is also considered and discussed...
- Isolate-specific effects of patulin, penicillic Acid and EDTA on biofilm formation and growth of dental unit water line biofilm isolatesIram Liaqat
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Curr Microbiol 61:148-56. 2010..In this study, the effect of two quorum-sensing inhibitory compounds (patulin; PAT, penicillic acid; PA) and EDTA on planktonic growth, AI-2 signalling and in vitro biofilm formation of Pseudomonas aeruginosa, ..
- Cytotoxicity assessment of gliotoxin and penicillic acid in Tetrahymena pyriformisC Gräbsch
UFZ Centre for Environmental Research, Leipzig Halle Ltd, Department of Human Exposure Research and Epidemiology, Leipzig, Germany
Environ Toxicol 21:111-7. 2006..epithelium-cell functionalities, we investigated dose-response relationships of the mycotoxins gliotoxin and penicillic acid. Our study focused on the viability (cell count, MTT assay), energy levels (adenosine-5'-triphosphate content)..
- Production of penicillic acid by Aspergillus sclerotiorum CGFS W Kang
Graduate School of Biotechnology, Korea University, 1, Anam Dong, Seoul 136 701, Republic of Korea
Bioresour Technol 98:191-7. 2007The production of penicillic acid by Aspergillus sclerotiorum CGF for the biocontrol of Phytophthora disease was investigated in submerged fermentation using media composed of different nutrients...
- The influence of contamination with separate mycotoxins (aflatoxins, ochratoxin A, citrinin, patulin, penicillic acid or sterigmatocystin) on the in vitro dry matter and organic matter digestibilities of some roughages (berseem hay and wheat straw)A M Abdelhamid
Department of Animal and Poultry Production, Mansoura University, Egypt
Arch Tierernahr 42:179-85. 1992..Among the investigated mycotoxins, penicillic acid with its two concentrations (5 and 10 nmol) was the most negative, affecting digestibilities of both feed ..
- MycotoxinsBirgit Puschner
California Animal Health and Food Safety Laboratory System, Toxicology Laboratory, University of California, West Health Sciences Drive, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 32:409-19. 2002..Effects of tricothecene mycotoxins, patulin, and penicillic acid on dogs and cats have only been studied experimentally and have not been confirmed in natural outbreaks...
- Personality traits in treated Wilson's disease determined by means of the Karolinska Scales of Personality (KSP)K Portala
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry, Uppsala University Hospital, SE 751 85, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur Psychiatry 16:362-71. 2001..The aim was to elucidate the personality traits of patients with treated Wilsons disease (WD) in comparison to healthy volunteers...
- Influence of ochratoxin A and an extract of artichoke on the vaccinal immunity and health in broiler chicksS D Stoev
Department of Pathomorphology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Thracian University Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Exp Toxicol Pathol 52:43-55. 2000The combined effect of ochratoxin A (at diet levels of 130, 305 and 790 ppb) and penicillic acid was studied in 100 broiler chicks...
- Vicinal-thiol-containing molecules enhance but mono-thiol-containing molecules reduce nickel-induced DNA strand breaksS Lynn
Institute of Zoology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, 11529, Republic of China
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 160:198-205. 1999..The results that DMSA at a concentration as low as 5 microM enhanced the Ni-induced DNA breaks suggest a further evaluation of the TCM as nickel chelators is needed...
- Pseudoacids. I. 4- and 5-oxoacidsE J Valente
Department of Chemistry, Mississippi College, Clinton 39058, USA
Acta Crystallogr B 54:162-73. 1998..412 (5), b = 6.291 (1), c = 10.757 (2) A, beta = 104.84 (3) degrees; penicillic acid (7), 4-methoxy-5-hydroxy-5-(2'-propenyl)dihydrofuran-2-one, tetragonal, P4(2)/n, a = b = 15.83 (2), c = 7...
- Effects of potassium sorbate on growth and penicillic acid production by Aspergillus ochraceus and Penicillium aurantiogriseumS Garza
Microbiology Section, Food Technology Dept, UdL Lleida, Spain
Zentralbl Mikrobiol 148:343-50. 1993..Potassium sorbate also inhibited mycelial growth. Penicillic acid production was initially delayed by the presence of potassium sorbate but this inhibition was eventually ..
- Direct detection using the Drosophila DNA-repair test and isolation of a DNA-damaging mycotoxin, 5,6-dihydropenicillic acid, in fungal cultureH Obana
Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, Japan
Food Chem Toxicol 32:37-43. 1994..With nuclear magnetic resonance-mass spectroscopy spectra, the compound was confirmed to be 5,6-dihydropenicillic acid, the DNA-damaging potency of which has not been previously reported...
- 6-Methyl-1,2,4-benzenetriol, a new intermediate in penicillic acid biosynthesis in Penicillium cyclopiumJ Sekiguchi
Department of Applied Biology, Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Nagano, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 53:1531-5. 1987b>Penicillic acid-negative mutants were obtained from a color mutant derived from Penicillium cyclopium NRRL 1888 through N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine treatment...
- Mycotoxin production by molds isolated from 'Greek-style' black olivesH Gourama
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68583 0919
Int J Food Microbiol 6:81-90. 1988..ochraceus and A. petrakii strains were tested for production of ochratoxin, penicillic acid, patulin, and citrinin...
- Contamination of dairy products by fungal metabolitesP Lafont
I N S E R M S C R 8, Microbiologie appliquée á l Alimentation et a la Nutrition, Chemin de Ronde, France
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 10:99-102. 1990..It was found that the presence of mycotoxins in dairy products is more related to the environmental factors causing mold growth on dairy products than to the ingestion of moldy feed by the cow...
- Clinical presentation and treatment of Wilson's disease: a single-centre experienceM T Pellecchia
Department of Neurological Sciences, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Eur Neurol 50:48-52. 2003..Our results suggest that D-penicillamine or a combination of D-penicillamine and zinc sulphate is a safe and effective long-term treatment in patients with WD...
- [Studies on chemical constituents of mycelium of fungus Cephalosporium sp. AL031(II)]Yunmei Bi
Department of Chemistry, Yunnan Normal University, Kunming 650092
Zhong Yao Cai 26:21-2. 2003..on the spectral data and elemental analysis, they were identified as 3-hydroxy-ergosta-7,22-dien-6-one(A), penicillic acid(B), 4-hydroxy-3,6-dimethyl-2-pyrone(C)...
- [Electrophysiological impairment profile of patients with Wilson's disease]W Hermann
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Neurologie, Universitat Leipzig
Nervenarzt 74:881-7. 2003..e. a demyelinising impairment type, and significant losses of potential hardly occur (except in the MEP). The electrophysiological impairment profile does not include EEG changes or vegetative disorders...
- Inactivation of GDP-mannose dehydrogenase from Pseudomonas aeruginosa by penicillic acid identifies a critical active site loopJennifer L Kimmel
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 441:132-40. 2005..We show here that penicillic acid is an irreversible inactivator of GDP-mannose dehydrogenase. Inactivation occurs with a rate constant of 0...
- Determination of selected mycotoxins in mould cheeses with liquid chromatography coupled to tandem with mass spectrometryMeri Kokkonen
National Veterinary and Food Research Institute, Helsinki, Finland
Food Addit Contam 22:449-56. 2005..analytes, and allows the determination of aflatoxins B1, B2, G1, G2 and M1, ochratoxin A, mycophenolic acid, penicillic acid and roquefortine C simultaneously...
- Phytotoxins from the fungus Malbranchea aurantiacaSergio Martínez-Luis
Departamento de Farmacia, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, D F 04510, Mexico
Phytochemistry 66:1012-6. 2005..of two phytotoxic compounds, namely, 1-hydroxy-2-oxoeremophil-1(10),7(11),8(9)-trien-12(8)-olide (1) and penicillic acid (2). The structure of 1 was established by spectroscopic and X-ray crystallographic analyses...
- Identity and effects of quorum-sensing inhibitors produced by Penicillium speciesThomas Bovbjerg Rasmussen
Center for Biomedical Microbiology, BioCentrum DTU, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Microbiology 151:1325-40. 2005..In two cases, patulin and penicillic acid were identified as being biologically active QSI compounds...
- Combined effects of selected Penicillium mycotoxins on in vitro proliferation of porcine lymphocytesAksel Bernhoft
National Veterinary Institute, P O Box 8156 Dep, N 0033, Oslo, Norway
Mycopathologia 158:441-50. 2004..of the Penicillium mycotoxins citrinin (CIT), cyclopiazonic acid (CPA), ochratoxin A (OTA), patulin (PAT), penicillic acid (PIA) and roquefortine C (RQC) on mitogen induced lymphocyte proliferation was determined using purified ..
- Cytotoxic and other metabolites of Aspergillus inhabiting the rhizosphere of Sonoran desert plantsJian He
Southwest Center for Natural Products Research and Commercialization, Office of Arid Lands Studies, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, University of Arizona, 250 E Valencia Road, Tucson, Arizona 85706 6800, USA
J Nat Prod 67:1985-91. 2004..7) and 6-methoxy-5(6)-dihydropenicillic acid (8), in addition to penicillic acid (9). Penicillic acid was also isolated from As. wentii occurring in the rhizosphere of Larrea tridentata...
- New antifungal activity of penicillic acid against Phytophthora speciesS W Kang
Graduate School of Biotechnology, Korea University, 1, Anam Dong, Sungbuk Ku, Seoul 136 701, Korea
Biotechnol Lett 26:695-8. 2004b>Penicillic acid was isolated from a culture filtrate of Aspergillus sclerotiorum. It had a high in vitro antifungal activity against Phytophthora spp., which has not been previously reported...
- New Penicillium species associated with bulbs and root vegetablesDavid Patrick Overy
Mycology Group, BioCentrum DTU, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby, Denmark
Syst Appl Microbiol 26:631-9. 2003..albocoremium. Moreover, the following metabolites produced by these species are known mycotoxins: citrinin, penicillic acid and terrestric acid by P. radicicola and terrestric acid and penitrem A by P. tulipae.
- Three new chlorine containing antibiotics from a marine-derived fungus Aspergillus ostianus collected in PohnpeiMichio Namikoshi
Department of Ocean Sciences, Tokyo University of Fisheries, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8477, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 56:755-61. 2003..Three new chlorine containing compounds (1 to approximately 3), together with penicillic acid (4) were obtained from a marine-derived fungus Aspergillus ostianus strain TUF 01F313 isolated from a marine ..
- Penicillic acid as Na+,K+ and Ca2+ channel blocker in isolated frog's heart at toxic levelsV Pandiyan
Veterinary College and Research Institute, Namakkal, India
Indian J Exp Biol 28:295-6. 1990The effect of penicillic acid on isolated frog's heart has been studied along with ions of Na+,K+ and Ca2+. Penicillic acid has been found to inhibit the entry of these ions into cardiac tissue thereby arresting the action of the heart...