Genomes and Genes
Summary: Neurotoxic isoxazole isolated from Amanita muscaria and A. phalloides and also obtained by decarboxylation of IBOTENIC ACID. It is a potent agonist at GABA-A receptors and is used mainly as an experimental tool in animal and tissue studies.
Publications243 found, 100 shown here
- GABAA but not GABAB receptors in the rostral anterior cingulate cortex selectively modulate pain-induced escape/avoidance behaviorStacey C LaGraize
Department of Psychology, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX 76019, USA
Exp Neurol 204:182-94. 2007..001 microg/microl, 0.1 microg/microl, or 0.5 microg/microl muscimol), a GABA(B) agonist (0...
- Testing basal ganglia motor functions through reversible inactivations in the posterior internal globus pallidusM Desmurget
Department of Neurobiology, Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition, University of Pittsburgh, 3501 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Neurophysiol 99:1057-76. 2008..current hypotheses on the contribution of the basal ganglia (BG) to motor control, we examined the effects of muscimol-induced inactivations in the skeletomotor region of the internal globus pallidus (sGPi) on visually directed ..
- Hippocampus and Pavlovian fear conditioning in rats: muscimol infusions into the ventral, but not dorsal, hippocampus impair the acquisition of conditional freezing to an auditory conditional stimulusStephen Maren
Department of Psychology, Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1109, USA
Behav Neurosci 118:97-110. 2004..Freezing behavior served as the measure of fear. Pretraining infusions of muscimol, a GABAA receptor agonist, into the VH disrupted auditory, but not contextual, fear conditioning; DH infusions ..
- Motor sequences and the basal ganglia: kinematics, not habitsMichel Desmurget
Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience, UMR5229, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Bron, France
J Neurosci 30:7685-90. 2010..Infusion of muscimol (a GABA(A) agonist) into sGPi caused dysmetria and slowing of individual movements, but these impairments were ..
- Lidocaine and muscimol microinjections in subthalamic nucleus reverse Parkinsonian symptomsR Levy
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
Brain 124:2105-18. 2001..In this study, microinjections of lidocaine (n = 4) and muscimol, a GABA(A) receptor agonist (n = 2), were performed in the STN of six patients with Parkinson's disease to ..
- Posterior dorsomedial striatum is critical for both selective instrumental and Pavlovian reward learningLaura H Corbit
Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, University of California at San Francisco, 5858 Horton Street Suite 200, Emeryville, CA 94698, USA
Eur J Neurosci 31:1312-21. 2010..Finally, we demonstrate that both S-O and R-O associations are required for selective Pavlovian-instrumental transfer...
- Muscimol infusions in the brain stem reticular formation reversibly block ingestion in the awake ratZ Chen
College of Dentistry, Section of Oral Biology, Ohio State University, 305 W. at 12th Ave, Columbus, OH 43218, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 280:R1085-94. 2001..Small volumes of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol bilaterally infused into the lateral medullary RF significantly reduced licking and oral rejection responses ..
- Differential involvement of orbitofrontal cortex subregions in conditioned cue-induced and cocaine-primed reinstatement of cocaine seeking in ratsRita A Fuchs
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Neurosci 24:6600-10. 2004..sham lesions of the lateral OFC (lOFC) or medial OFC (mOFC) before self-administration training (experiment 1) or muscimol plus baclofen (0.1 and 1...
- Trace and contextual fear conditioning require neural activity and NMDA receptor-dependent transmission in the medial prefrontal cortexMarieke R Gilmartin
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211, USA
Learn Mem 17:289-96. 2010..of trace fear conditioning using microinfusions of the gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABA(A)) receptor agonist muscimol. We also investigated the role of prefrontal N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptor-mediated signaling in trace ..
- Imaging the spread of reversible brain inactivations using fluorescent muscimolTimothy A Allen
Department of Psychology, Yale University, 2 Hillhouse Avenue, New Haven, CT 06520, United States
J Neurosci Methods 171:30-8. 2008b>Muscimol is a GABA A-agonist that causes rapid and reversible suppression of neurophysiological activity...
- Prototypic GABA(A) receptor agonist muscimol acts preferentially through forebrain high-affinity binding sitesDev Chandra
Departments of Anesthesiology and Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:999-1007. 2010b>Muscimol has been regarded as a universal agonist for all gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptor (GABA(A)-R) subtypes...
- Amygdala-dependent and amygdala-independent pathways for contextual fear conditioningR Ponnusamy
Psychology and the Brain Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuroscience 147:919-27. 2007..Normally, learning is dominated by the more efficient primary pathway, which prevents learning in the alternate pathway. However, alternate pathways compensate when the dominant pathway is compromised...
- Participation of caudal fastigial nucleus in smooth pursuit eye movements. II. Effects of muscimol inactivationF R Robinson
Department of Physiology and Biophysics and Regional Primate Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7330, USA
J Neurophysiol 78:848-59. 1997..We injected the gamma-aminobutyric acid A agonist muscimol into one or both CFNs where we had recorded pursuit-related neurons a few minutes earlier...
- Temporary inactivation of ventral tegmental area neurons with either muscimol or baclofen reversibly disrupts maternal behavior in rats through different underlying mechanismsMichael Numan
Department of Psychology, Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Behav Neurosci 123:740-51. 2009..Because VTA neurons contain GABA-A and GABA-B receptors, the effects of muscimol or baclofen were studied...
- Evidence for an extended duration of GABA-mediated excitation in the developing male versus female hippocampusJoseph L Nunez
Department of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Dev Neurobiol 67:1879-90. 2007..This converging evidence infers that sex affects the duration of GABA(A) receptor-mediated excitation during normal hippocampal development, and provides a mechanism by which the effect is mediated...
- Differential roles of monkey striatum in learning of sequential hand movementS Miyachi
Laboratory of Neural Control, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, Japan
Exp Brain Res 115:1-5. 1997..We injected muscimol (a GABA agonist) into different parts of the striatum to inactivate the local neural activity reversibly...
- Role of ventral medial prefrontal cortex in incubation of cocaine cravingEisuke Koya
Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, IRP NIDA NIH DHHS, 251 Bayview Blvd, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuropharmacology 56:177-85. 2009..After 30 withdrawal days, ventral but not dorsal injections of muscimol+baclofen (GABAa+GABAb receptor agonists that inhibit neuronal activity) decreased extinction responding...
- Evidence of a functional relationship between the nucleus accumbens shell and lateral hypothalamus subserving the control of feeding behaviorT R Stratford
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin Madison Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53719, USA
J Neurosci 19:11040-8. 1999..Injections of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol into the AcbSh greatly increased the number of cells exhibiting Fos-like immunoreactivity in the LH, as well as ..
- Fear and feeding in the nucleus accumbens shell: rostrocaudal segregation of GABA-elicited defensive behavior versus eating behaviorS M Reynolds
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Neurosci 21:3261-70. 2001..Microinjections of a GABA(A) agonist (0, 25, 75, and 225 ng/0.5 microl muscimol) in rostral shell sites elicited appetitive increases in eating behavior...
- Positive and negative motivation in nucleus accumbens shell: bivalent rostrocaudal gradients for GABA-elicited eating, taste "liking"/"disliking" reactions, place preference/avoidance, and fearSheila M Reynolds
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1109, USA
J Neurosci 22:7308-20. 2002Microinjection of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol in the rostral medial accumbens shell in rats elicits appetitive eating behavior, but in the caudal shell instead elicits fearful defensive treading behavior...
- GABAergic processes in the mesencephalic tegmentum modulate the occurrence of active (rapid eye movement) sleep in guinea pigsG Vanini
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de la Republica, Av Gral Flores 2125, 11800, Montevideo, Uruguay
Neuroscience 145:1157-67. 2007..In order to determine the effects on AS of the suppression of neuronal activity in these regions, muscimol, a GABA receptor A (GABA(A)) receptor agonist, and bicuculline, a GABA(A) receptor antagonist, were microinjected ..
- Which cue to "want?" Central amygdala opioid activation enhances and focuses incentive salience on a prepotent reward cueStephen V Mahler
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Neurosci 29:6500-13. 2009..Conversely, inactivation of CeA by muscimol microinjection (0.25 microg) suppressed approach, nibbles, and sniffs of the prepotent CS...
- Microinjection of muscimol into caudal periaqueductal gray lowers body temperature and attenuates increases in temperature and activity evoked from the dorsomedial hypothalamusRodrigo C A de Menezes
, , ICB-UFMG, Brazil
Brain Res 1092:129-37. 2006Microinjection of the neuronal inhibitor muscimol into the midbrain lateral/dorsolateral periaqueductal gray (l/dlPAG) suppresses increases in heart rate (HR) and mean arterial pressure (MAP) evoked by microinjection of the GABA(A) ..
- In vitro and in vivo effects of GABA, muscimol, and bicuculline on lamprey GnRH concentration in the brain of the sea lamprey (Petromyzon marinus)Adam R Root
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of New Hampshire, 46 College Road, Room 310, Durham, NH 03824, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 138:493-501. 2004..There was a substantial increase of GnRH-I and GnRH-III following treatment of muscimol at 100 microM...
- Vestibular-pursuit interactions: gaze-velocity and target-velocity signals in the monkey frontal eye fieldsK Fukushima
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 871:248-59. 1999..b>Muscimol infusion into the FEF pursuit areas severely impaired smooth gaze tracking...
- Involvement of GABAA receptors in the regulation of the prefrontal cortex on dopamine release in the rat dorsolateral striatumMachiko Matsumoto
First Department of Pharmacology, Hokkaido University, Graduate School of Medicine, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 482:177-84. 2003..03 and 0.1 mM) increased the striatal dopamine release, whereas the GABA(A) receptor agonist muscimol (0.1 and 1 mM) reduced the release dose dependently. Co-perfusion of muscimol (0...
- Muscimol in the deep layers of the superior colliculus/mesencephalic reticular formation blocks expression but not acquisition of fear-potentiated startle in ratsE G Meloni
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Behav Neurosci 113:1152-60. 1999..with cannulas into the deep SC/Me and trained for fear-potentiated startle after infusion of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol (0.1 microg/0.5 microl). Two days later, they were tested for fear-potentiated startle...
- Effect of histamine on muscimol-induced working memory deficits in radial maze performanceYasuko Yamamoto
Department of Medicinal Pharmacology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 104:252-7. 2007..The intra-septal injection of muscimol, a GABA(A) agonist, caused an increase in total error and working memory error...
- Deficits in saccades and fixation during muscimol inactivation of the caudal fastigial nucleus in the rhesus monkeyLaurent Goffart
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurophysiol 92:3351-67. 2004..They missed the target with an error that depended on saccade duration or amplitude. If any, the effects of muscimol injections on the vertical component of oblique saccades were very small...
- Exogenous brain-derived neurotrophic factor prevents postischemic downregulation of [3H]muscimol binding to GABA(A) receptors in the cortical penumbraClemens Sommer
Department of Neuropathology, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 111:24-30. 2003..Using quantitative receptor autoradiography, postischemic ligand binding of [(3)H]MK-801, [(3)H]AMPA and [(3)H]muscimol was analyzed in the ischemic core, the ischemic cortical penumbra and corresponding regions of the contralateral ..
- Intracisternal or intrathecal glycine, taurine, or muscimol inhibit bicuculline-induced allodynia and thermal hyperalgesia in miceIl Ok Lee
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Acta Pharmacol Sin 31:907-14. 2010..To investigate the effects of GABA and glycine on analgesia in the central nervous system...
- Reversible inactivation of the entorhinal cortex disrupts the establishment and expression of latent inhibition of cued fear conditioning in C57BL/6 miceMichael C Lewis
Psychology Department Neuroscience Program, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
Hippocampus 17:462-70. 2007..The present study used reversible inactivation of the EC to address this issue. The GABA agonist muscimol (0.5 microg/side) was directly infused into the EC of mice prior to CS preexposure, training, or testing...
- Hippocampal infusions of pyruvate reverse the memory-impairing effects of septal muscimol infusionsDesiree L Krebs
Department of Psychology and Center for Behavioral Neuroscience, Georgia State University, P. O. Box 3966, Atlanta, Georgia 30302-3966, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 520:91-9. 2005..Sprague-Dawley rats were given septal infusions of vehicle or the gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptor agonist muscimol (0...
- Muscimol inactivation caudal to the interstitial nucleus of Cajal induces hemi-seesaw nystagmusVallabh E Das
College of Optometry, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204, USA
Exp Brain Res 205:405-13. 2010..in Exp Brain Res 119(4):436-452 (1998), who inactivated INC in monkeys with muscimol (a GABA(A) agonist) and induced failure of vertical gaze-holding (neural integrator) function but not hemi-SSN...
- Involvement of the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex of monkeys in visuospatial target selectionMichiyo Iba
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, N15W7, Sapporo 060-8638, Japan
J Neurophysiol 89:587-99. 2003..prefrontal cortex (PFC) in visuospatial target selection, we induced local, reversible inactivation with muscimol at various sites in the dorsolateral PFC of two rhesus monkeys while they performed oculomotor visual search (OVS)..
- Inactivation of the infralimbic prefrontal cortex reinstates goal-directed responding in overtrained ratsEtienne Coutureau
School of Psychology, Cardiff University, PO Box 901, Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3YG, UK
Behav Brain Res 146:167-74. 2003..Before these tests, half of the animals received bilateral infusions of muscimol into the infralimbic cortex, and the remainder, control vehicle infusions...
- Effects of muscimol inactivation of the cerebellar nuclei on precision gripJoël Monzée
Centre de Recherche en Sciences Neurologiques, Departement de Physiologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal H3C 3T8, Canada
J Neurophysiol 91:1240-9. 2004..recording study in the same monkey provided the stereotaxic coordinates used to guide intranuclear injections of muscimol. In total, 34 penetrations were performed at 28 different loci throughout the cerebellar nuclei...
- Binding of muscimol-conjugated quantum dots to GABAC receptorsHélène A Gussin
Lions of Illinois Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, and Center for Cognitive Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:15701-13. 2006..poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) linker (approximately 78 ethylene glycol units) and investigated the binding of this muscimol-PEG-qdot conjugate to homomeric rho1 GABAC receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes...
- Activation of GABA(A) receptors by taurine and muscimol blocks the neurotoxicity of beta-amyloid in rat hippocampal and cortical neuronsAndrea C Paula-Lima
Instituto de Bioquimica Medica, Programa de Bioquimica e Biofisica Celular, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21941 590, Brazil
Neuropharmacology 49:1140-8. 2005..Neuroprotection by taurine is abrogated by picrotoxin, a GABA(A) receptor antagonist. GABA and muscimol, an agonist of the GABA(A) receptor, also block neuronal death induced by Abeta in rat hippocampal and cortical ..
- Nucleus accumbens opioid, GABaergic, and dopaminergic modulation of palatable food motivation: contrasting effects revealed by a progressive ratio study in the ratMin Zhang
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin-Madison Medical School, 53715, USA
Behav Neurosci 117:202-11. 2003..agonist amphetamine induced a marked increase in break point and correct lever-presses; the GABA(A) agonist muscimol did not affect breakpoint or lever-presses...
- The effect of GABA receptor ligands in experimental spina bifida occultaW Briner
Department of Psychology, University of Nebraska at Kearney, 68849, USA
BMC Pharmacol 1:2. 2001..To test this hypothesis pregnant rats were exposed to either the GABA a agonist muscimol (1, 2 or 4 mg/kg), the GABA a antagonist bicuculline (...
- Age-related differences in neurosteroid potentiation of muscimol-stimulated 36Cl(-) flux following chronic ethanol treatmentA C Grobin
Skipper Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies, The University of Memphis, TN, USA
Neuroscience 105:547-52. 2001..This uniqueness may now be extended to the chronic effects of ethanol...
- Modulation of the gait deficit in arthritic rats by infusions of muscimol and bicucullineShabana U Simjee
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Pain 109:453-60. 2004..The GABA(A) receptor agonist, muscimol, produces a dose-dependent reversal of the gait deficits seen in arthritic rats without reducing the tibiotarsal ..
- A change in the density of [(3)H]flumazenil, but not [(3)H]muscimol binding, in Brodmann's Area 9 from subjects with bipolar disorderB Dean
The Rebecca L Cooper Research Laboratories, The Mental Health Research Institute of Victoria, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Affect Disord 66:147-58. 2001..This study examines the hypothesis that there are changes in cortical serotonergic, GABAergic and glutamatergic systems in bipolar disorder and schizophrenia...
- Effects of linalool on [(3)H]MK801 and [(3)H] muscimol binding in mouse cortical membranesL F Brum
, Departamento de Farmacologia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, 90041-970, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Phytother Res 15:422-5. 2001..mechanisms of linalool, we studied the effects of linalool on binding of [(3)H]MK801 (NMDA antagonist) and [(3)H]muscimol (GABA(A) agonist) to mouse cortical membranes...
- Pharmacological manipulation of neuronal ensemble activity by reverse microdialysis in freely moving rats: a comparative study of the effects of tetrodotoxin, lidocaine, and muscimolE Van Duuren
Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences, Meibergdreef 47, 1105BA Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 323:61-9. 2007..In this study, the effects of cumulative concentrations of tetrodotoxin, lidocaine, and muscimol on neuronal firing activity in the prefrontal cortex were examined and compared...
- An investigation of the role of auditory cortex in sound localization using muscimol-releasing ElvaxAdam L Smith
Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, 4 Crinan Street, London N1 9XW, UK
Eur J Neurosci 19:3059-72. 2004..reversibly inactivating ferret A1 over long periods, using Elvax implants releasing the GABA(A) receptor agonist muscimol. Sub-dural polymer placements were shown to deliver relatively constant levels of muscimol to underlying cortex ..
- Prefrontal cortical representation of visuospatial working memory in monkeys examined by local inactivation with muscimolT Sawaguchi
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Neurophysiol 86:2041-53. 2001..representing visuospatial working memory, we produced reversible local inactivation, with the local injection of muscimol (5 microg, 1 microl), at various sites (n = 100) in the dorsolateral PFC of monkeys and observed the behavioral ..
- Rescue of developing spinal motoneurons from programmed cell death by the GABA(A) agonist muscimol acts by blockade of neuromuscular activity and increased intramuscular nerve branchingRonald W Oppenheim
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy and the Neuroscience Program, Wake Forest University Medical School, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 22:331-43. 2003..For example, the rescue of motoneurons by curare has been reported to be blocked by the GABA(A) agonist muscimol via its actions on CNS neurons...
- Self-administration of the GABAA agonist muscimol into the medial septum: dependence on dopaminergic mechanismsStéphanie Gavello-Baudy
Centre de Neurosciences Intégratives et Cognitives, Universités Bordeaux 1 et 2, UMR CNRS 5228, Avenue des Facultes, 33405, Talence, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 201:219-28. 2008..Reinforcement in the medial septal division (MSDB) might involve local GABAergic mechanisms...
- Activity-dependent change in the protein level of brain-derived neurotrophic factor but no change in other neurotrophins in the visual cortex of young and adult ferretsS Ichisaka
Division of Neurophysiology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2-2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
Neuroscience 117:361-71. 2003..These results suggest that the level of brain-derived neurotrophic factor protein in visual cortex is regulated by activities of cortical neurons...
- Inactivation of the medial prefrontal cortex with the GABAA receptor agonist muscimol increases open-arm activity in the elevated plus-maze and attenuates shock-probe burying in ratsAkeel A Shah
Department of Psychology, University of Alberta P217 Biological Sciences Building, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2E9
Brain Res 1028:112-5. 2004This study examined the effects of infusions of a direct GABA(A) receptor agonist, muscimol, into the medial prefrontal cortex (MPFC), on fear behavior measured in the elevated plus-maze and shock-probe burying tests...
- Identification of an amino acid sequence within GABA(A) receptor beta3 subunits that is important for receptor assemblyNoosha Ehya
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Brain Research Institute, University of Vienna, Austria
J Neurochem 84:127-35. 2003....
- Blockade of cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase does not prevent the reverse ocular dominance shift in kitten visual cortexSatoshi Shimegi
School of Health and Sport Sciences, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 0043, Japan
J Neurophysiol 90:4027-32. 2003..However, when MD is combined with chronic inactivation of the visual cortex by muscimol, the OD distribution of the neurons shifts to the deprived eye (reverse OD shift)...
- Muscimol prevents long-lasting potentiation of dorsal horn field potentials in rats with chronic constriction injury exhibiting decreased levels of the GABA transporter GAT-1Gordana Miletic
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Wisconsin, 2015 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706-1102, USA
Pain 105:347-53. 2003..In this study we examined whether the GABA-A receptor agonist muscimol would modify post-tetanic responses in rats with chronic constriction injury...
- The GABAA agonist muscimol attenuates induced airway constriction in guinea pigs in vivoNeil R Gleason
Department of Anesthesiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Appl Physiol 106:1257-63. 2009..Airway smooth muscle cell membrane hyperpolarization contributes to relaxation. We hypothesized that muscimol, a selective GABA(A) agonist, could act on endogenous GABA(A) channels expressed on airway smooth muscle to ..
- Muscimol diffusion after intracerebral microinjections: a reevaluation based on electrophysiological and autoradiographic quantificationsJean Marc Edeline
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie de l Apprentissage, de la Memoire et de la Communication, UMR CNRS 8620, Universite Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay, France
Neurobiol Learn Mem 78:100-24. 2002Intracerebral muscimol injection is widely used to inactivate discrete brain structures during behavioral tasks. However, little effort has been made to quantify the extent of muscimol diffusion...
- GABA and its agonists improved visual cortical function in senescent monkeysAudie G Leventhal
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Science 300:812-5. 2003..of electrophoretic application of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), the GABA type a (GABAa) receptor agonist muscimol, and the GABAa receptor antagonist bicuculline, respectively, on the properties of individual V1 cells in old ..
- [3H]muscimol binding to gamma-aminobutyric acid(A) receptors is upregulated in CA1 neurons of the gerbil hippocampus in the ischemia-tolerant stateClemens Sommer
Department of Neuropathology, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Stroke 33:1698-705. 2002....
- Effectiveness of muscimol-containing microparticles against pilocarpine-induced focal seizuresDaniel S Kohane
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, MassGeneral Hospital for Children, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Epilepsia 43:1462-8. 2002..To investigate the efficacy of in situ lipid-protein-sugar particles (LPSPs) in mitigating the epileptogenic and histologic effects of intrahippocampal pilocarpine in rats...
- Hyperphagia induced by GABAA receptor-mediated inhibition of the nucleus accumbens shell: dependence on intact neural output from the central amygdaloid regionBrian A Baldo
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, 6001 Research Park Boulevard, WI 53719, USA
Behav Neurosci 119:1195-206. 2005..sites within the basolateral amygdaloid complex (BLA) or central amygdaloid region (CeA) via GABA(A) agonist (muscimol) infusions and measured feeding responses following muscimol infusions into the Acb shell...
- Enhancement of conditioned fear extinction by infusion of the GABA agonist muscimol into the rat prefrontal cortex and amygdalaIrit Akirav
Department of Neurobiology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Eur J Neurosci 23:758-64. 2006..We microinfused a low dose of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol into the IL or BLA...
- Antisaccade deficit after inactivation of the principal sulcus in monkeysCarine Condy
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U679, Universite Pierre and Marie Curie, France
Cereb Cortex 17:221-9. 2007..Our results are compatible with a partitioning of the principal sulcus into functional subregions, in which a well-delineated area is critically involved in RS suppression...
- Muscimol and baclofen differentially suppress retinotopic and nonretinotopic responses in visual cortexTakuji Kasamatsu
The Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute, 2318 Fillmore Street, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Vis Neurosci 22:839-58. 2005..e. long-range coupling). We compared the suppressive effects of a GABA(A)-receptor agonist, muscimol, on the FLC and SDC with those of a GABA(B)-receptor agonist, baclofen, and found that muscimol more strongly ..
- Differential effects of post-training muscimol and AP5 infusions into different regions of the cingulate cortex on retention for inhibitory avoidance in ratsT Mello e Souza
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Ciencias Basicas da Saude, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRGS, Ramiro Barcelos 2600, Porto Alegre, RS, 90035 003, Brazil
Neurobiol Learn Mem 72:118-27. 1999..5-microl infusion of vehicle (phosphate buffer, pH 7.4), of muscimol (0.5 microg), or of AP5 (5.0 microg). Retention testing was carried out 24 h after training...
- Ventral hippocampal muscimol disrupts context-specific fear memory retrieval after extinction in ratsJennifer A Hobin
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Hippocampus 16:174-82. 2006..Experiment 1 showed that ventral hippocampal inactivation with muscimol disrupted context-specific fear memory retrieval...
- Prolongation and enhancement of gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor mediated excitation by chronic treatment with estradiol in developing rat hippocampal neuronsJoseph L Nunez
Department of Physiology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Baltimore, MD, USA
Eur J Neurosci 21:3251-61. 2005..the peak amplitude of calcium transients, increased the number of cells responding to the GABA(A) agonist muscimol with membrane depolarization, and delayed the rate of clearance of free intracellular calcium...
- Deficits in vertical and torsional eye movements after uni- and bilateral muscimol inactivation of the interstitial nucleus of Cajal of the alert monkeyC Helmchen
Department of Neurology, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Germany
Exp Brain Res 119:436-52. 1998..nystagmus? (3) Is iC involved in saccade generation? We performed 13 uni- and three bilateral iC inactivations by muscimol microinjections in four alert monkeys...
- Effects of rat ventral and dorsal hippocampus temporal inactivation on delayed alternation taskK Maruki
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Saitama Medical School, Saitama 350 0495, Japan
Brain Res 895:273-6. 2001..hippocampal regions in a operant-type delayed alternation task of short delay or long delay, microinjections of muscimol into the hippocampus were used for temporal inactivation during the behavioral test in each rat...
- Detection and binding properties of GABA(A) receptor assembly intermediatesT Klausberger
Section of Biochemical Psychiatry, University Clinic for Psychiatry, A-1090 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 276:16024-32. 2001..and alpha(1)Ngamma(2)N, combinations exhibited specific [(3)H]Ro 15-1788 binding, specific [(3)H]muscimol binding could only be found in alpha(1)beta(3) and alpha(1)beta(3)N, but not in alpha(1)Nbeta(3) or alpha(1)Nbeta(..
- Experience-driven axon retraction without binocular imbalance in developing visual cortexMasayuki Haruta
Division of Integrative Bioscience, Institute of Regenerative Medicine and Biofunction, Tottori University Graduate School of Medical Science, 86 Nishicho, Yonago 683 8503, Japan
Curr Biol 17:37-42. 2007..These results suggest that a homosynaptic associative mechanism, rather than a heterosynaptic competition between inputs, may play an important role in experience-driven axon retraction...
- Injected muscimol in pedunculopontine tegmental nucleus alters ethanol self-administrationH H Samson
Center for the Neurobehavioral Study of Alcohol, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1083, USA
Alcohol 23:41-8. 2001..After implantation of cannula guides, microinjections of 30, 100, and 300 ng of muscimol into the PPN before the self-administration session were performed...
- Selective pruning of more active afferents when cat visual cortex is pharmacologically inhibitedY Hata
Department of Neurophysiology, Biomedical Research Center, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Neuron 22:375-81. 1999..These findings demonstrate in vivo that it is not the amount of afferent activity but the correlation between cortical and afferent activity that regulates the growth or retraction of these inputs...
- Forebrain circuitry involved in effort-related choice: Injections of the GABAA agonist muscimol into ventral pallidum alter response allocation in food-seeking behaviorA M Farrar
Department of Psychology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 1020, USA
Neuroscience 152:321-30. 2008..In the present experiments, infusions of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol (5.0-10...
- Vocalization after periaqueductal grey inactivation with the GABA agonist muscimol in the squirrel monkeyS Siebert
German Primate Centre, Kellnerweg 4, , Germany
Neurosci Lett 340:111-4. 2003..vocalization-eliciting sites throughout the brain and compared the elicitability of vocalization before and after muscimol injection into the PAG...
- GABAergic regulation of REM sleep in reticularis pontis oralis and caudalis in ratsLarry D Sanford
Sleep Research Laboratory, Department of Pathology and Anatomy, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk 23501, USA
J Neurophysiol 90:938-45. 2003..We assessed REM after local microinjections into RPO and RPC of the gamma-aminobutyric acid-A (GABA(A)) agonist, muscimol (MUS), and the GABA(A) antagonist, bicuculline (BIC)...
- GABAA-5-HT1A receptor interaction in the mediobasal hypothalamusJ Guptarak
Department of Biology, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX 76204, USA
Brain Res 1027:144-50. 2004..8-hydroxy 2-(di-n-propylamino)tetralin (8-OH-DPAT), 25 ng (5-aminomethyl-3-hydroxyisoxazole)hydrobromide (muscimol), 10 ng bicuculline or a combination of the drugs...
- A local GABAergic system within rat trigeminal ganglion cellsH Hayasaki
Department of Anatomy, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Osaka 569-8686, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 23:745-57. 2006..We speculate that GABA acts as a nonsynaptically released diffusible neurotransmitter, which may modulate somatic inhibition of neurons within the TG...
- gamma-Aminobutyric acid-A receptors contribute to isoflurane neuroprotection in organotypic hippocampal culturesPhilip E Bickler
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Anesth Analg 97:564-71, table of contents. 2003..Cell death was measured with propidium iodide fluorescence. Isoflurane and the selective GABA(A) agonist muscimol (25 micro M) reduced cell death after OGD to values similar to slices not exposed to OGD, with the exception that ..
- Disinhibition of rostral raphe pallidus neurons increases cardiac sympathetic nerve activity and heart rateWei Hua Cao
Neurological Sciences Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 505 NW 185th Avenue, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
Brain Res 980:1-10. 2003..in the rostral ventrolateral medulla (RVLM) with bilateral microinjections of the GABA(A) receptor agonist, muscimol (6 mM, 50 nl) which markedly lowered CSNA, HR and AP...
- The superior colliculus contains a discrete region involved in the control of jaw movements: role of GABAA receptorsKazunori Adachi
Department of Pharmacology, Nihon University School of Dentistry, 1-8-13, Kanda-Surugadai, Chiyoda, Tokyo 101-8310, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 464:147-54. 2003..The effects of bicuculline were GABA(A) receptor specific because the effects were abolished by muscimol, a GABA(A) receptor agonist, given into the same site...
- [Contribution of GABA receptors in extinction of memory trace in norm and depressive-like state]N I Dubrovina
Ross Fiziol Zh Im I M Sechenova 93:1285-91. 2007..The activation of GABAA receptors by muscimol disrupted extinction in norm and did not influence on delay of this process at mice with "behavioral despair&..
- Stimulation and blockade of GABA(A) receptors in the raphe pallidus: effects on body temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure in conscious ratsDmitry V Zaretsky
Dept. of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indiana Univ. School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 285:R110-6. 2003..Therefore, we examined the effect of microinjection of muscimol, a GABAA receptor agonist, and of bicuculline methiodide (BMI), a GABAA receptor antagonist, into the same region ..
- Involvement of GABAergic modulation of antinociception induced by morphine microinjected into the ventrolateral orbital cortexChao-Ling Qu
Key Laboratory of Environment and Genes Related to Diseases, Ministry of Education, Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Xi'an Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710061, The People's Republic of China
Brain Res 1073:281-9. 2006..Under light anesthesia, the GABA(A) receptor antagonist bicuculline and picrotoxin or agonist muscimol and THIP was microinjected into the VLO in non-morphine-treated (control) and morphine-treated (microinjection ..
- GABA-A receptors regulate neocortical neuronal migration in vitro and in vivoNicolas Heck
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Cereb Cortex 17:138-48. 2007..Local in vivo application of the GABA-A antagonist bicuculline methiodide (BMI) or the agonist muscimol via cortical surface Elvax implants induced prominent alterations in the cortical architecture when compared with ..
- GABA(A) receptor activation is involved in noncontingent shock inhibition of instrumental conditioning in spinal ratsAdam R Ferguson
Department of Psychology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 4235, USA
Behav Neurosci 117:799-812. 2003..The GABA(A) receptor agonist muscimol inhibited learning in a dose-dependent manner...
- GABA(A) receptors of hippocampal CA1 regions are involved in the acquisition and expression of morphine-induced place preferenceAmeneh Rezayof
School of Biology, University College of Science, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 17:24-31. 2007..Intra-CA1 administration of the GABA(A) receptor agonist, muscimol (0.25, 0.5 and 1 microg/rat) significantly inhibited the morphine (5 mg/kg, s.c.)-induced CPP...
- Medullary pathways mediating specific sympathetic responses to activation of dorsomedial hypothalamusW-H Cao
Neurological Sciences Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 505 Northwest 185th Avenue, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
Neuroscience 126:229-40. 2004..Inhibition of neurons in the rostral raphe pallidus (RPa) with microinjection of muscimol (6 mM, 60 nl) abolished the increases in BAT SNA and BAT temperature and reduced the tachycardia induced by ..
- Involvement of GABAergic modulation of the nucleus submedius (Sm) morphine-induced antinociceptionHong Jia
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710061, China
Pain 108:28-35. 2004..Under light anesthesia, the GABA(A) receptor antagonist bicuculline or agonist muscimol was microinjected into the Sm of the thalamus in Sm non-morphine-treated (control) or Sm morphine-treated (..
- Attenuation of morphine withdrawal signs by muscimol in the locus coeruleus of ratsIraj Mirzaii-Dizgah
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Qom University of Medical Sciences, Qom, Iran
Behav Pharmacol 19:171-5. 2008..b>Muscimol, a GABAA agonist (25, 50, and 100 ng/site), decreased the total withdrawal score in a dose-independent manner, ..
- GABA(A) receptors in the basolateral amygdala are involved in mediating morphine rewardMohammad Reza Zarrindast
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Tehran University, Tehran, Iran
Brain Res 1006:49-58. 2004..Using a 3-day schedule of conditioning, it was found that the GABA(A) receptor agonist, muscimol (0.125, 0.25 and 0.5 microg/rat) or the GABA(A) receptor antagonist, bicuculline (0.125, 0.25 and 0...
- Repeated blockade of GABAA receptors in the medial septal region induces epileptiform activity in the hippocampusMaria V Butuzova
Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Biophysics, Puschino, Moscow District 142290, Russia
Neurosci Lett 434:133-8. 2008..Injection of the GABAA agonist muscimol (30nmol/1microl) 15min before bicuculline infusion prevented the development of seizures...
- Orexin A in the rostrolateral hypothalamic area induces feeding by modulating GABAergic transmissionA J Thorpe
Division of Nutritional Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana, Champaign, 1207 W. Gregory Dr, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Brain Res 1125:60-6. 2006..lateral hypothalamus and saclofen (GABA-B receptor antagonist), biccuculine (GABA-A receptor antagonist) or muscimol (GABA-A receptor agonist) were injected prior to orexin A...
- Changes in rectal temperature and ECoG spectral power of sensorimotor cortex elicited in conscious rabbits by i.c.v. injection of GABA, GABA(A) and GABA(B) agonists and antagonistsMaria Frosini
Istituto di Scienze Farmacologiche, Universita di Siena, Nuovo Polo Scientifico di S Miniato, Via A Moro 2, lotto C, Siena 53100, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 141:152-62. 2004..2. GABA (48 micromol), nipecotic acid (50 nmol), THIP (60 nmol), muscimol (18 nmol) and baclofen (8 nmol) induced hypothermia (-deltaRTmax values of 1.70+/-0.1, 1.4+/-0.2, 1.0+/-0.4, 1...
- Effect of GABAergic substances on firing rate and thermal coefficient of hypothalamic neurons in the juvenile chickenNagaraja Sallagundala
Institut fur Biologie, AG Perinatale Anpassung, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Philippstrasse 13, D 10115 Berlin, Germany
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 148:374-81. 2007..and 56 temperature-insensitive neurons in brain slices to determine the effect of GABA(A)-receptor agonist muscimol, GABA(A)-receptor antagonist bicuculline, GABA(B)-receptor agonist baclofen and GABA(B)-receptor antagonist CGP ..
- Corticofugal output from the primary somatosensory cortex selectively modulates innocuous and noxious inputs in the rat spinothalamic systemLénaic Monconduit
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, E 216, Université de Clermont 1, 63000 Clermont Ferrand, France
J Neurosci 26:8441-50. 2006..Our findings demonstrate that corticofugal influences from S1 contribute to selectively modulate somatosensory submodalities at the thalamic level...
- Hypertension alters GABA receptor-mediated inhibition of neurons in the nucleus of the solitary tractLin Mei
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78284-7764, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 285:R1276-86. 2003..receiving aortic nerve (AN) afferent inputs to iontophoretic application of GABA, the GABA(A) receptor agonist muscimol, and the GABA(B) agonist baclofen were examined...
- GABA transmission in the ventral pallidum is not involved in the control of latent inhibition in the ratN S Lawrence
Department of Psychology, Institute of Psychiatry, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AF, UK
Neuroscience 122:267-75. 2003..The GABA(A) agonist muscimol (4.56 ng/microl), and antagonist picrotoxin (0...
- Effect of a high-salt diet on gamma-aminobutyric acid-mediated responses in the nucleus tractus solitarius of Sprague-Dawley ratsYuichi Masubuchi
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30 1, Oyaguchi Kamichou, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Brain Res Bull 64:221-6. 2004..Bilateral injection into NTS of nipecotic acid, GABA(A) receptor agonist (muscimol), or GABA(B) receptor agonist (baclofen) elicited greater pressor responses in high-salt group...
- On high- and low-affinity agonist sites in GABAA receptorsRoland Baur
Department of Pharmacology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
J Neurochem 87:325-32. 2003GABAA receptors are activated via low-affinity binding sites for the agonists GABA or muscimol. Evidence has been provided that the amino acid residue alpha 1F64 located at the beta2(+)/alpha1(-) subunit interface forms part of this ..
- GabaB receptors activation in the NTS blocks the glycemic responses induced by carotid body receptor stimulationMonica Lemus
CUIB, Universidad de Colima, Colima, Col 28045, Mexico
Auton Neurosci 141:73-82. 2008..Control injections outside NTS did not elicit these responses. In contrast, GABA(A) agonist and antagonist (muscimol or bicuculline) produced no significant changes in blood glucose levels...
- Coordination of orofacial and respiratory movementsDetlef H Heck; Fiscal Year: 2010..and ataxic mice and in normal mice during reversible inactivation of the deep cerebellar nuclei (DCN) through muscimol injections...
- ANESTHETIC MECHANISMS BY IN VIVO BRAIN IMAGINGFerenc Gyulai; Fiscal Year: 2004..in the living brain, we propose to test the specific hypothesis in non-human primates that the GABAA-R agonist muscimol enhances 11C-FMZ binding in a dose-dependent manner, as has been shown in in vitro studies...
- Anesthetics, GABA and the Injured BrainDavid Warner; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aims: 1) Define a dose-response for isoflurane protection during rat forebrain ischemia/Compare with efficacy of muscimol, a GABAA receptor agonist/Compare with time to onset of ischemic depolarization and pre-ischemic cerebral ..
- The role of prefrontal cortex and thalamus during trace eyeblink conditioningCraig Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the whisker barrel cortex), multiple single neuron recording from several sites, reversible inactivations with muscimol, functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), and tract tracing with WGA-HRP and MnCl2 (a "tract tracer" that is ..
- The role of prefrontal cortex and thalamus during trace eyeblink conditioningCraig Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2009..of the whisker barrel cortex), multiple single neuron recording from several sites, reversible inactivations with muscimol, functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), and tract tracing with WGA-HRP and MnCl2 (a "tract tracer" that is ..
- Nucleus Accumbens-Mediated Feeding: Output PathwaysThomas R Stratford; Fiscal Year: 2010..these structures to modify the amount and pattern of food intake elicited by unilateral intra-AcbSh injections of muscimol. These studies will be carried out using an "ipsilateral-contralateral disruption" (ICD) design which will allow ..
- Nucleus Accumbens-Mediated Feeding: Output PathwaysTHOMAS STRATFORD; Fiscal Year: 2007..these structures to modify the amount and pattern of food intake elicited by unilateral intra-AcbSh injections of muscimol. These studies will be carried out using an "ipsilateral-contralateral disruption" (ICD) design which will allow ..
- NEURAL MECHANISMS OF ANOREXIAAlan G Watts; Fiscal Year: 2010..They are: 1) Information encoding nucleus accumbens shell (ACBsh)-muscimol and 2-deoxy-D-glucose-driven feeding converges onto the same neurons in the LHA and PVH;2) ACBsh-muscimol feeding ..
- NEURAL MECHANISMS OF ANOREXIAALAN WATTS; Fiscal Year: 2009..They are: 1) Information encoding nucleus accumbens shell (ACBsh)-muscimol and 2-deoxy-D-glucose-driven feeding converges onto the same neurons in the LHA and PVH; 2) ACBsh-muscimol ..
- FUNCTION OF MIDBRAIN STRUCTURES IN EYE MOVEMENT CONTROLDAVID WAITZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..lesioning physiologically identified subregions of the MRF using the GABA active substances bicuculline and muscimol or the excitotoxin ibotenic acid...
- OXYTOCIN REGULATION BY NEUROSTEROIDS & GABA-A RECEPTORJanet Amico; Fiscal Year: 2003..abundance of OT mRNA and GABAA receptor subunit mRNAs and measure by in vitro receptor autoradiography 3[H]muscimol GABAA receptor binding in the hypothalami of the steroid- treated or allopregnanolone (ganaxolone)- treated ..
- Mechanisms of Cerebral Vascular RemodelingSuresh C Tyagi; Fiscal Year: 2010..mouse model of HHcy (cystathionine synthetase, CBS -/+) and GABA-A receptor null mice treated with and without muscimol (GABA-A receptor agonist) will be measured. The mRNA levels will be measured by Q-RT-PCR...
- BINOCULAR COORDINATION OF EYE MOVEMENTSVallabh E Das; Fiscal Year: 2010..2, we will perform unilateral and bilateral inactivation of the left and right FN and PIN using the GABAA agonist muscimol. The overall goal of these experiments is to determine relative functional contribution of the two target ..
- Mechanisms of Cerebral Vascular RemodelingSURESH TYAGI; Fiscal Year: 2007..model of HHcy (cystathionine Â¿ synthetase, CBS -/+) and GABA-A receptor null mice treated with and without muscimol (GABA-A receptor agonist) will be measured. The mRNA levels will be measured by Q-RT-PCR...
- BEHAVIORAL PHARMACOLOGY OF PHENCYCLIDINERobert Balster; Fiscal Year: 1999..of NMDA antagonists will be compared to those of site-selective GABA agonists such as pentobarbital, diazepam and muscimol. PCP-like drugs and other site- selective NMDA antagonists will be compared in the following animal testing ..
- CHRONIC BENZODIAZEPINE EFFECTS ON GABA RECEPTOR COMPLEXELIZABETH TIETZ; Fiscal Year: 1993..effect studies of prototype BZs (diazepam, FZP, desalkylFZP and clonazepam) and GABA agonists (GABA, muscimol, THIP and isoguavacine)...