Genomes and Genes
Summary: Neurotoxic isoxazole isolated from Amanita muscaria and A. phalloides and also obtained by decarboxylation of IBOTENIC ACID. It is a potent agonist at GABA-A receptors and is used mainly as an experimental tool in animal and tissue studies.
Publications281 found, 100 shown here
- Hippocampus and Pavlovian fear conditioning in rats: muscimol infusions into the ventral, but not dorsal, hippocampus impair the acquisition of conditional freezing to an auditory conditional stimulusStephen Maren
Department of Psychology, Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1109, USA
Behav Neurosci 118:97-110. 2004..Freezing behavior served as the measure of fear. Pretraining infusions of muscimol, a GABAA receptor agonist, into the VH disrupted auditory, but not contextual, fear conditioning; DH infusions ..
- Muscimol infusions in the brain stem reticular formation reversibly block ingestion in the awake ratZ Chen
College of Dentistry, Section of Oral Biology, Ohio State University, 305 W. at 12th Ave, Columbus, OH 43218, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 280:R1085-94. 2001..Small volumes of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol bilaterally infused into the lateral medullary RF significantly reduced licking and oral rejection responses ..
- Nucleus accumbens opioid, GABaergic, and dopaminergic modulation of palatable food motivation: contrasting effects revealed by a progressive ratio study in the ratMin Zhang
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin Madison Medical School, 53715, USA
Behav Neurosci 117:202-11. 2003..agonist amphetamine induced a marked increase in break point and correct lever-presses; the GABA(A) agonist muscimol did not affect breakpoint or lever-presses...
- Testing basal ganglia motor functions through reversible inactivations in the posterior internal globus pallidusM Desmurget
Department of Neurobiology, Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition, University of Pittsburgh, 3501 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Neurophysiol 99:1057-76. 2008..current hypotheses on the contribution of the basal ganglia (BG) to motor control, we examined the effects of muscimol-induced inactivations in the skeletomotor region of the internal globus pallidus (sGPi) on visually directed ..
- Alterations of muscarinic and GABA receptor binding in the posterior cingulate cortex in schizophreniaKelly A Newell
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, NSW 2522, Australia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:225-33. 2007..we used quantitative autoradiography to investigate the binding of [(3)H]pirenzepine, [(3)H]AF-DX 384 and [(3)H]muscimol, which respectively label M1/4 and M2/4 muscarinic and GABA(A) receptors, in the PCC of schizophrenia and control ..
- Which cue to "want?" Central amygdala opioid activation enhances and focuses incentive salience on a prepotent reward cueStephen V Mahler
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Neurosci 29:6500-13. 2009..Conversely, inactivation of CeA by muscimol microinjection (0.25 microg) suppressed approach, nibbles, and sniffs of the prepotent CS...
- Activation of a subpopulation of orexin/hypocretin-containing hypothalamic neurons by GABAA receptor-mediated inhibition of the nucleus accumbens shell, but not by exposure to a novel environmentBrian A Baldo
Department of Psychiatry, University of Madison Wisconsin, School of Medicine, 6001 Research Park Blvd, Madison, Wisconsin 53719, USA
Eur J Neurosci 19:376-86. 2004..orexin/hypocretin- or melanin concentrating hormone-immunoreactive neurons in this effect, the GABAA agonist, muscimol (0, 50 ng), was infused directly into the nucleus accumbens shell of rats; 90 min later, their brains were ..
- Enhancement of conditioned fear extinction by infusion of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol into the rat prefrontal cortex and amygdalaIrit Akirav
Department of Neurobiology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Eur J Neurosci 23:758-64. 2006..We microinfused a low dose of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol into the IL or BLA...
- Role of auditory cortex in sound localization in the midsagittal planeJennifer K Bizley
Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, Sherrington Building, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PT, UK
J Neurophysiol 98:1763-74. 2007..This was achieved either by subdural placement of Elvax implants containing the GABA A receptor agonist muscimol or by making aspiration lesions after determining the approximate location of A1 electrophysiologically...
- Trace and contextual fear conditioning are impaired following unilateral microinjection of muscimol in the ventral hippocampus or amygdala, but not the medial prefrontal cortexMarieke R Gilmartin
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 2441 E Hartford Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53211, USA
Neurobiol Learn Mem 97:452-64. 2012..Nonetheless, our findings suggest that the trace fear network is more integrated than previously thought...
- Evidence of a functional relationship between the nucleus accumbens shell and lateral hypothalamus subserving the control of feeding behaviorT R Stratford
Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin Madison Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53719, USA
J Neurosci 19:11040-8. 1999..Injections of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol into the AcbSh greatly increased the number of cells exhibiting Fos-like immunoreactivity in the LH, as well as ..
- Increases in food intake or food-seeking behavior induced by GABAergic, opioid, or dopaminergic stimulation of the nucleus accumbens: is it hunger?Erin C Hanlon
Neuroscience Training Program, University of Wisconsin Madison, 6001 Research Park Boulevard, Madison, WI 53719, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 172:241-7. 2004..However, it is not known whether such stimulation mimics a motivational state of food deprivation that commonly enables animals to learn a new operant response to obtain food...
- Lidocaine and muscimol microinjections in subthalamic nucleus reverse Parkinsonian symptomsR Levy
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada
Brain 124:2105-18. 2001..In this study, microinjections of lidocaine (n = 4) and muscimol, a GABA(A) receptor agonist (n = 2), were performed in the STN of six patients with Parkinson's disease to ..
- Differential involvement of orbitofrontal cortex subregions in conditioned cue-induced and cocaine-primed reinstatement of cocaine seeking in ratsRita A Fuchs
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Neurosci 24:6600-10. 2004..sham lesions of the lateral OFC (lOFC) or medial OFC (mOFC) before self-administration training (experiment 1) or muscimol plus baclofen (0.1 and 1...
- Posterior dorsomedial striatum is critical for both selective instrumental and Pavlovian reward learningLaura H Corbit
Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, University of California at San Francisco, 5858 Horton Street Suite 200, Emeryville, CA 94698, USA
Eur J Neurosci 31:1312-21. 2010..Finally, we demonstrate that both S-O and R-O associations are required for selective Pavlovian-instrumental transfer...
- Temporary inactivation of ventral tegmental area neurons with either muscimol or baclofen reversibly disrupts maternal behavior in rats through different underlying mechanismsMichael Numan
Department of Psychology, Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467, USA
Behav Neurosci 123:740-51. 2009..Because VTA neurons contain GABA-A and GABA-B receptors, the effects of muscimol or baclofen were studied...
- Prototypic GABA(A) receptor agonist muscimol acts preferentially through forebrain high-affinity binding sitesDev Chandra
Departments of Anesthesiology and Pharmacology and Chemical Biology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:999-1007. 2010b>Muscimol has been regarded as a universal agonist for all gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptor (GABA(A)-R) subtypes...
- Amygdala-dependent and amygdala-independent pathways for contextual fear conditioningR Ponnusamy
Psychology and the Brain Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuroscience 147:919-27. 2007..Normally, learning is dominated by the more efficient primary pathway, which prevents learning in the alternate pathway. However, alternate pathways compensate when the dominant pathway is compromised...
- Trace and contextual fear conditioning require neural activity and NMDA receptor-dependent transmission in the medial prefrontal cortexMarieke R Gilmartin
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211, USA
Learn Mem 17:289-96. 2010..of trace fear conditioning using microinfusions of the gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABA(A)) receptor agonist muscimol. We also investigated the role of prefrontal N-methyl-d-aspartate (NMDA) receptor-mediated signaling in trace ..
- Participation of caudal fastigial nucleus in smooth pursuit eye movements. II. Effects of muscimol inactivationF R Robinson
Department of Physiology and Biophysics and Regional Primate Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7330, USA
J Neurophysiol 78:848-59. 1997..We injected the gamma-aminobutyric acid A agonist muscimol into one or both CFNs where we had recorded pursuit-related neurons a few minutes earlier...
- Imaging the spread of reversible brain inactivations using fluorescent muscimolTimothy A Allen
Department of Psychology, Yale University, 2 Hillhouse Avenue, New Haven, CT 06520, United States
J Neurosci Methods 171:30-8. 2008b>Muscimol is a GABA A-agonist that causes rapid and reversible suppression of neurophysiological activity...
- Fine discrimination training alters the causal contribution of macaque area MT to depth perceptionSyed A Chowdhury
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Neuron 60:367-77. 2008..These findings show that the contribution of particular brain area to task performance can change dramatically as a result of learning new tasks...
- The GABAA agonist muscimol attenuates induced airway constriction in guinea pigs in vivoNeil R Gleason
Department of Anesthesiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 106:1257-63. 2009..Airway smooth muscle cell membrane hyperpolarization contributes to relaxation. We hypothesized that muscimol, a selective GABA(A) agonist, could act on endogenous GABA(A) channels expressed on airway smooth muscle to ..
- Role of ventral medial prefrontal cortex in incubation of cocaine cravingEisuke Koya
Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, IRP NIDA NIH DHHS, 251 Bayview Blvd, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuropharmacology 56:177-85. 2009..After 30 withdrawal days, ventral but not dorsal injections of muscimol+baclofen (GABAa+GABAb receptor agonists that inhibit neuronal activity) decreased extinction responding...
- A change in the density of [(3)H]flumazenil, but not [(3)H]muscimol binding, in Brodmann's Area 9 from subjects with bipolar disorderB Dean
The Rebecca L Cooper Research Laboratories, The Mental Health Research Institute of Victoria, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
J Affect Disord 66:147-58. 2001..This study examines the hypothesis that there are changes in cortical serotonergic, GABAergic and glutamatergic systems in bipolar disorder and schizophrenia...
- Differential roles of monkey striatum in learning of sequential hand movementS Miyachi
Laboratory of Neural Control, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, Japan
Exp Brain Res 115:1-5. 1997..We injected muscimol (a GABA agonist) into different parts of the striatum to inactivate the local neural activity reversibly...
- Frontal eye field activity enhances object identification during covert visual searchIlya E Monosov
Laboratory of Sensorimotor Research, National Eye Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Neurophysiol 102:3656-72. 2009..A minimum level of selectivity was necessary for target detection and a higher level for target identification. Muscimol inactivation of FEF produced spatially selective perceptual deficits in the covert search task that were ..
- Motor sequences and the basal ganglia: kinematics, not habitsMichel Desmurget
Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience, UMR5229, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Bron, France
J Neurosci 30:7685-90. 2010..Infusion of muscimol (a GABA(A) agonist) into sGPi caused dysmetria and slowing of individual movements, but these impairments were ..
- Desire and dread from the nucleus accumbens: cortical glutamate and subcortical GABA differentially generate motivation and hedonic impact in the ratAlexis Faure
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11223. 2010..However, GABA and glutamate signals in NAc differ in important ways, despite the similarity of their rostrocaudal motivation gradients...
- GABAergic processes in the mesencephalic tegmentum modulate the occurrence of active (rapid eye movement) sleep in guinea pigsG Vanini
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de la Republica, Av Gral Flores 2125, 11800, Montevideo, Uruguay
Neuroscience 145:1157-67. 2007..In order to determine the effects on AS of the suppression of neuronal activity in these regions, muscimol, a GABA receptor A (GABA(A)) receptor agonist, and bicuculline, a GABA(A) receptor antagonist, were microinjected ..
- Intra-accumbens baclofen, but not muscimol, mimics the effects of food withdrawal on feeding behaviourK G T Pulman
Schools of Psychology, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 97:156-62. 2010..Here we compare the effects of the GABA(B) receptor agonist baclofen and GABA(A) receptor agonist muscimol, infused into the nucleus accumbens shell, on food intake and related behavior patterns...
- Three-dimensional eye-head coordination after injection of muscimol into the interstitial nucleus of Cajal (INC)Farshad Farshadmanesh
York Center for Vision Research, Canadian Institutes of Health Research Group for Action and Perception, Departments of Psychology, Biology, and Kinesiology and Health Sciences York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Neurophysiol 97:2322-38. 2007..3 mul of 0.05% muscimol injection into 26 INC sites...
- Learning deficits induced by sleep deprivation and recovery are not associated with altered [(3)H]muscimol and [(3)H]flunitrazepam bindingFrancisco Paulino Dubiela
Psychobiology Department, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Rua Napoleao de Barros, 925 Vila Clementino, SP, 04024 002 São Paulo, Brazil
Brain Res 1037:157-63. 2005..3)H]muscimol and [(3)H]flunitrazepam binding were examined by quantitative autoradiography in 42 brain regions, including ..
- Changes of [3H]MK-801, [3H]muscimol and [3H]flunitrazepam binding in rat brain by the prolonged ventricular infusion of transformed ginsenosidesSoyong Jang
Department of Neuroscience, College of Medicine, Ewha University, Seoul, Korea
Neurochem Res 29:2257-66. 2004..by quantitative autoradiography using [3H]MK-801 binding, and GABAA receptor bindings were analyzed by using [3H]muscimol and [3H]flunitrazepam binding in rat brain slices...
- Increases in [3H]muscimol and [3H]flumazenil binding in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in schizophrenia are linked to α4 and γ2S mRNA levels respectivelyMathieu Verdurand
Schizophrenia Research Institute, Sydney, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e52724. 2013..GABA orthosteric and the benzodiazepine allosteric binding sites were assessed autoradiographically using [(3)H]Muscimol and [(3)H]Flumazenil, respectively, in a large cohort of individuals with schizophrenia (n = 37) and their ..
- The effects of bicuculline and muscimol on glutamate-induced feeding behavior in broiler cockerelsMorteza Zendehdel
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tehran, 14155 6453 Tehran, Iran
J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol 195:715-20. 2009..examine the effects of intracerebroventricular (ICV) injection of bicuculline (GABA(A) receptor antagonist) and muscimol (GABA(A) receptor agonist) on glutamate-induced eating response in 24-h food-deprived (FD24) broiler cockerels...
- Modulation of conditioned fear, fear-conditioned analgesia, and brain regional c-Fos expression following administration of muscimol into the rat basolateral amygdalaKieran Rea
Pharmacology and Therapeutics, School of Medicine, NCBES Neuroscience Cluster and Centre for Pain Research, University Road, National University of Ireland, Galway
J Pain 12:712-21. 2011..In this study, we investigated the effects of intra-BLA administration of the GABA(A) receptor agonist muscimol on the expression of conditioned-fear, formalin-evoked nociception, and fear-conditioned analgesia in rats, and ..
- Comparison of the antiepileptic properties of transmeningeally delivered muscimol, lidocaine, midazolam, pentobarbital and GABA, in ratsShirn L Baptiste
NYU Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, New York University School of Medicine, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York 10016, USA
Neurosci Lett 469:421-4. 2010This study compared the potencies of epidurally delivered muscimol, lidocaine, midazolam, pentobarbital and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) to prevent focal neocortical seizures induced by locally applied acetylcholine (Ach), in rats (n=5)...
- Injections of muscimol into the paraventricular thalamic nucleus, but not mediodorsal thalamic nuclei, induce feeding in ratsThomas R Stratford
Laboratory of Integrative Neuroscience and Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1007 West Harrison Street, Chicago, IL 60607 7137, USA
Brain Res 1490:128-33. 2013..In the current study, we examined whether inhibition of cells in the PVT with the GABA(A) agonist muscimol could alter food intake in non-deprived rats...
- Microinjection of muscimol into the periaqueductal gray suppresses cardiovascular and neuroendocrine response to air jet stress in conscious ratsRodrigo C A de Menezes
Dept of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indiana Univ School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R881-90. 2008Microinjection of the neuronal inhibitor muscimol into the dorsomedial hypothalamus (DMH) suppresses increases in heart rate (HR), mean arterial pressure (MAP), and circulating levels of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) evoked in air ..
- Effects of muscimol, amphetamine, and DAMGO injected into the nucleus accumbens shell on food-reinforced lever pressing by undeprived ratsThomas R Stratford
Laboratory of Integrative Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, M C 285, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1007 W Harrison St, Chicago, IL 60607 7137, United States
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 101:499-503. 2012..large increases in food intake in nondeprived animals can be induced by injections of both the GABA(A) agonist muscimol and the μ-opioid agonist DAMGO into the nucleus accumbens shell (AcbSh), while injections of the catecholamine ..
- Changes of [3H]MK-801, [3H]muscimol and [3H]flunitrazepam binding in rat brain by the prolonged ventricular infusion of ginsenoside Rc and Rg1H S Kim
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, 361-763, Korea
Pharmacol Res 43:473-9. 2001..autoradiography using [(3)H]MK-801 binding, and the GABA(A)receptor bindings were analysed by using [(3)H]muscimol and [(3)H]flunitrazepam binding in rat brain slices...
- Behavioral effects of bicuculline microinjection in the dorsal versus ventral hippocampal formation of rats, and control of seizures by nigral muscimolMarcelo Cairrão Araujo Rodrigues
Laboratório de Neurobiologia e Peçonhas, Departamento de Biologia, Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciencias e Letras de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Epilepsy Res 58:155-65. 2004..This effect was partially reached by bicuculline injection in the DHF or VHF-AMY injection. Also: muscimol injection, but not GABA uptake blockers (nipecotic acid or a spider venom neurotoxin FrPbA2), into the SNPR ..
- The role of orexin-1 receptors in physiologic responses evoked by microinjection of PgE2 or muscimol into the medial preoptic areaDaniel E Rusyniak
Department of Emergency Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Neurosci Lett 498:162-6. 2011..Microinjections of prostaglandin E2 (PgE2) or the GABA(A) agonist muscimol into the mPOA cause similar increases in body temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure...
- Microinjection of muscimol into raphe pallidus suppresses tachycardia associated with air stress in conscious ratsDmitry V Zaretsky
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Physiol 546:243-50. 2003..hypothalamus can be suppressed by microinjection of the GABA(A) receptor agonist and neuronal inhibitor muscimol into the raphe pallidus (RP)...
- Effects of benzodiazepine treatment on cortical GABA(A) and muscarinic receptors: studies in schizophrenia and ratsMark C McLeod
The Rebecca L Cooper Research Laboratories, The Mental Health Research Institute, Parkville, Australia
Psychiatry Res 179:139-46. 2010..Further, the benzodiazepine binding site, but not the muscimol binding site, was decreased in the parietal cortex of subjects with schizophrenia independent of benzodiazepine ..
- Intra-septal infusions of glucose potentiate inhibitory avoidance deficits when co-infused with the GABA agonist muscimolM B Parent
Department of Psychology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22903, USA
Brain Res 745:317-20. 1997This experiment examined the effects of co-infusions of glucose with the gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) agonist muscimol into the medial septum on memory for inhibitory avoidance learning...
- FOS expression in orexin neurons following muscimol perfusion of preoptic areaShinsuke Satoh
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 8686, Japan
Neuroreport 15:1127-31. 2004Unilateral microdialysis-perfusion of the preoptic area with 50 microM muscimol decreased the sleep period of rats to less than 3% of the baseline value over a 90 min period before death (p = 0.018 by Wilcoxon signed-rank test)...
- Expression of a conditioned place preference or spatial navigation task following muscimol-induced inactivations of the amygdala or dorsal hippocampus: A double dissociation in the retrograde directionRobert J McDonald
Canadian Centre for Behavioural Neuroscience, Department of Neuroscience, University of Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Brain Res Bull 83:29-37. 2010..Taken together, the results showed a functional dissociation between the, effects of amygdala or hippocampal dysfunction on the expression of these different classes of tasks...
- Evidence for motivational effects elicited by activation of GABA-A or dopamine receptors in the nucleus accumbens shellDavid Wirtshafter
Laboratory of Integrative Neuroscience, Department of Psychology M C 285, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1007 West Harrison Street, Chicago, IL 60607 7137, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 96:342-6. 2010Microinjections of the inhibitory GABA-A receptor agonist muscimol into the shell region of the nucleus accumbens (AcbSh) have been reported to induce large increases in food intake, but the effect of these injections on motivational ..
- Activation of feeding-related neural circuitry after unilateral injections of muscimol into the nucleus accumbens shellThomas R Stratford
Laboratory of Integrative Neuroscience, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1007 West Harrison Street, Chicago, IL 60607 7137, USA
Brain Res 1048:241-50. 2005..study, we used the immunohistochemical localization of Fos protein to map neuronal activation after unilateral muscimol injections into the AcbSh to determine whether AcbSh-mediated Fos expression remains lateralized in the circuit ..
- Suppression of third ventricular NPY-elicited feeding following medullary reticular formation infusions of muscimolJoseph B Travers
Division of Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Behav Neurosci 124:225-33. 2010..neuropeptide Y 3-36 in awake, freely moving rats and determined whether focal RF infusions of the GABAA agonist muscimol suppressed eating...
- Injection of muscimol in dorsomedial hypothalamus and stress-induced Fos expression in paraventricular nucleusS M Morin
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Program in Medical Neurobiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 280:R1276-84. 2001Prior microinjection of the GABA(A)-receptor agonist muscimol into the dorsomedial hypothalamus (DMH) in conscious rats attenuates the increases in heart rate, blood pressure, and circulating adrenocorticotrophic hormone seen in air ..
- Effects of spinal administration of muscimol on C- and A-fibre evoked neuronal responses of spinal dorsal horn neurones in control and nerve injured ratsDavid M Sokal
Queens Medical Centre, School of Biomedical Sciences, E Floor, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Brain Res 962:213-20. 2003..Effects of spinal administration of the GABA(A)-receptor agonist muscimol (0...
- Image-guided convection-enhanced delivery of muscimol to the primate brainJohn D Heiss
Surgical Neurology Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1414, USA
J Neurosurg 112:790-5. 2010b>Muscimol is a potent gamma-aminobutyric acid-A receptor agonist that temporarily and selectively suppresses neurons...
- Intraseptal infusions of muscimol impair spontaneous alternation performance: infusions of glucose into the hippocampus, but not the medial septum, reverse the deficitM B Parent
Department of Psychology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22903, USA
Neurobiol Learn Mem 68:75-85. 1997..The findings of Experiment 1 showed, in male Sprague-Dawley rats, that intraseptal infusions of the GABA agonist muscimol (1 or 3 nmol/0.5 microliter) impaired spontaneous alternation performance...
- Autoradiographic evidence for the transmeningeal diffusion of muscimol into the neocortex in ratsNandor Ludvig
NYU Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, New York University School of Medicine NYU Langone Medical Center, 223 East 34th Street, New York, NY 10016, USA
Brain Res 1441:1-8. 2012Electrophysiological and behavioral studies have demonstrated that muscimol administered through the cranial meninges can prevent focal neocortical seizures...
- Head-unrestrained gaze shifts after muscimol injection in the caudal fastigial nucleus of the monkeyJulie Quinet
Unité 534, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Université Claude Bernard Lyon, France
J Neurophysiol 98:3269-83. 2007..After muscimol injection, the eye component was hypermetric during ipsilesional gaze shifts, hypometric during contralesional ..
- The ventral hippocampus and fear conditioning in rats. Different anterograde amnesias of fear after tetrodotoxin inactivation and infusion of the GABA(A) agonist muscimolT Bast
Behavioral Neurobiology Laboratory, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Schwerzenbach
Exp Brain Res 139:39-52. 2001..Tetrodotoxin (TTX; 10 ng/side), which completely blocks neuronal activity, or muscimol (1 microg/side), which increases GABA(A) receptor-mediated inhibition, were bilaterally infused into the ventral ..
- Intrahippocampal muscimol shifts learning strategy in gonadally intact young adult female ratsMolly W McElroy
Neuroscience Program and Department of Psychology, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, Champaign, Illinois 61820, USA
Learn Mem 12:150-8. 2005..On the day of training, rats received 0.3 microL intrahippocampal infusions of muscimol (0.26 nmol or 2...
- Forebrain circuitry involved in effort-related choice: Injections of the GABAA agonist muscimol into ventral pallidum alter response allocation in food-seeking behaviorA M Farrar
Department of Psychology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 1020, USA
Neuroscience 152:321-30. 2008..In the present experiments, infusions of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol (5.0-10...
- Involvement of GABAA receptors in the regulation of the prefrontal cortex on dopamine release in the rat dorsolateral striatumMachiko Matsumoto
First Department of Pharmacology, Hokkaido University, Graduate School of Medicine, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 482:177-84. 2003..03 and 0.1 mM) increased the striatal dopamine release, whereas the GABA(A) receptor agonist muscimol (0.1 and 1 mM) reduced the release dose dependently. Co-perfusion of muscimol (0...
- Microinjection of muscimol into caudal periaqueductal gray lowers body temperature and attenuates increases in temperature and activity evoked from the dorsomedial hypothalamusRodrigo C A de Menezes
Laboratório de Hipertensão, Department de Fisiol e Biofísica, ICB UFMG, Brazil
Brain Res 1092:129-37. 2006Microinjection of the neuronal inhibitor muscimol into the midbrain lateral/dorsolateral periaqueductal gray (l/dlPAG) suppresses increases in heart rate (HR) and mean arterial pressure (MAP) evoked by microinjection of the GABA(A) ..
- In vitro and in vivo effects of GABA, muscimol, and bicuculline on lamprey GnRH concentration in the brain of the sea lamprey (Petromyzon marinus)Adam R Root
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of New Hampshire, 46 College Road, Room 310, Durham, NH 03824, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 138:493-501. 2004..There was a substantial increase of GnRH-I and GnRH-III following treatment of muscimol at 100 microM...
- Vestibular-pursuit interactions: gaze-velocity and target-velocity signals in the monkey frontal eye fieldsK Fukushima
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 871:248-59. 1999..b>Muscimol infusion into the FEF pursuit areas severely impaired smooth gaze tracking...
- Reversible inactivation of the entorhinal cortex disrupts the establishment and expression of latent inhibition of cued fear conditioning in C57BL/6 miceMichael C Lewis
Psychology Department Neuroscience Program, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
Hippocampus 17:462-70. 2007..The present study used reversible inactivation of the EC to address this issue. The GABA agonist muscimol (0.5 microg/side) was directly infused into the EC of mice prior to CS preexposure, training, or testing...
- Exogenous brain-derived neurotrophic factor prevents postischemic downregulation of [3H]muscimol binding to GABA(A) receptors in the cortical penumbraClemens Sommer
Department of Neuropathology, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 111:24-30. 2003..Using quantitative receptor autoradiography, postischemic ligand binding of [(3)H]MK-801, [(3)H]AMPA and [(3)H]muscimol was analyzed in the ischemic core, the ischemic cortical penumbra and corresponding regions of the contralateral ..
- Muscimol inactivation caudal to the interstitial nucleus of Cajal induces hemi-seesaw nystagmusVallabh E Das
College of Optometry, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204, USA
Exp Brain Res 205:405-13. 2010..in Exp Brain Res 119(4):436-452 (1998), who inactivated INC in monkeys with muscimol (a GABA(A) agonist) and induced failure of vertical gaze-holding (neural integrator) function but not hemi-SSN...
- Effect of histamine on muscimol-induced working memory deficits in radial maze performanceYasuko Yamamoto
Department of Medicinal Pharmacology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 104:252-7. 2007..The intra-septal injection of muscimol, a GABA(A) agonist, caused an increase in total error and working memory error...
- Hippocampal infusions of pyruvate reverse the memory-impairing effects of septal muscimol infusionsDesiree L Krebs
Department of Psychology and Center for Behavioral Neuroscience, Georgia State University, P O Box 3966, Atlanta, Georgia 30302 3966, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 520:91-9. 2005..Sprague-Dawley rats were given septal infusions of vehicle or the gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptor agonist muscimol (0...
- Deficits in saccades and fixation during muscimol inactivation of the caudal fastigial nucleus in the rhesus monkeyLaurent Goffart
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurophysiol 92:3351-67. 2004..They missed the target with an error that depended on saccade duration or amplitude. If any, the effects of muscimol injections on the vertical component of oblique saccades were very small...
- Intracisternal or intrathecal glycine, taurine, or muscimol inhibit bicuculline-induced allodynia and thermal hyperalgesia in miceIl Ok Lee
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Acta Pharmacol Sin 31:907-14. 2010..To investigate the effects of GABA and glycine on analgesia in the central nervous system...
- Muscimol in the deep layers of the superior colliculus/mesencephalic reticular formation blocks expression but not acquisition of fear-potentiated startle in ratsE G Meloni
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Behav Neurosci 113:1152-60. 1999..with cannulas into the deep SC/Me and trained for fear-potentiated startle after infusion of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol (0.1 microg/0.5 microl). Two days later, they were tested for fear-potentiated startle...
- Evidence for an extended duration of GABA-mediated excitation in the developing male versus female hippocampusJoseph L Nunez
Department of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Dev Neurobiol 67:1879-90. 2007..This converging evidence infers that sex affects the duration of GABA(A) receptor-mediated excitation during normal hippocampal development, and provides a mechanism by which the effect is mediated...
- Inactivation of the infralimbic prefrontal cortex reinstates goal-directed responding in overtrained ratsEtienne Coutureau
School of Psychology, Cardiff University, PO Box 901, Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3YG, UK
Behav Brain Res 146:167-74. 2003..Before these tests, half of the animals received bilateral infusions of muscimol into the infralimbic cortex, and the remainder, control vehicle infusions...
- Positive and negative motivation in nucleus accumbens shell: bivalent rostrocaudal gradients for GABA-elicited eating, taste "liking"/"disliking" reactions, place preference/avoidance, and fearSheila M Reynolds
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1109, USA
J Neurosci 22:7308-20. 2002Microinjection of the GABA(A) agonist muscimol in the rostral medial accumbens shell in rats elicits appetitive eating behavior, but in the caudal shell instead elicits fearful defensive treading behavior...
- Ventral hippocampal muscimol disrupts context-specific fear memory retrieval after extinction in ratsJennifer A Hobin
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Hippocampus 16:174-82. 2006..Experiment 1 showed that ventral hippocampal inactivation with muscimol disrupted context-specific fear memory retrieval...
- Fear and feeding in the nucleus accumbens shell: rostrocaudal segregation of GABA-elicited defensive behavior versus eating behaviorS M Reynolds
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Neurosci 21:3261-70. 2001..Microinjections of a GABA(A) agonist (0, 25, 75, and 225 ng/0.5 microl muscimol) in rostral shell sites elicited appetitive increases in eating behavior...
- Involvement of the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex of monkeys in visuospatial target selectionMichiyo Iba
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, N15W7, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Neurophysiol 89:587-99. 2003..prefrontal cortex (PFC) in visuospatial target selection, we induced local, reversible inactivation with muscimol at various sites in the dorsolateral PFC of two rhesus monkeys while they performed oculomotor visual search (OVS)..
- Cortical inhibitory circuits in eye-movement generationPeter H Schiller
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Eur J Neurosci 18:3127-33. 2003..the lateral intraparietal sulcus (LIP) of the Rhesus Macaque monkey by making local infusions of the GABA agonist muscimol and antagonist bicuculline...
- Binding of muscimol-conjugated quantum dots to GABAC receptorsHélène A Gussin
Lions of Illinois Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, and Center for Cognitive Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:15701-13. 2006..poly(ethylene glycol) (PEG) linker (approximately 78 ethylene glycol units) and investigated the binding of this muscimol-PEG-qdot conjugate to homomeric rho1 GABAC receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes...
- Effects of muscimol inactivation of the cerebellar nuclei on precision gripJoël Monzée
Centre de Recherche en Sciences Neurologiques, Departement de Physiologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal H3C 3T8, Canada
J Neurophysiol 91:1240-9. 2004..recording study in the same monkey provided the stereotaxic coordinates used to guide intranuclear injections of muscimol. In total, 34 penetrations were performed at 28 different loci throughout the cerebellar nuclei...
- Activation of GABA(A) receptors by taurine and muscimol blocks the neurotoxicity of beta-amyloid in rat hippocampal and cortical neuronsAndrea C Paula-Lima
Instituto de Bioquimica Medica, Programa de Bioquimica e Biofisica Celular, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21941 590, Brazil
Neuropharmacology 49:1140-8. 2005..Neuroprotection by taurine is abrogated by picrotoxin, a GABA(A) receptor antagonist. GABA and muscimol, an agonist of the GABA(A) receptor, also block neuronal death induced by Abeta in rat hippocampal and cortical ..
- Modulation of the gait deficit in arthritic rats by infusions of muscimol and bicucullineShabana U Simjee
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Pain 109:453-60. 2004..The GABA(A) receptor agonist, muscimol, produces a dose-dependent reversal of the gait deficits seen in arthritic rats without reducing the tibiotarsal ..
- Effectiveness of muscimol-containing microparticles against pilocarpine-induced focal seizuresDaniel S Kohane
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, MassGeneral Hospital for Children, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Epilepsia 43:1462-8. 2002..To investigate the efficacy of in situ lipid-protein-sugar particles (LPSPs) in mitigating the epileptogenic and histologic effects of intrahippocampal pilocarpine in rats...
- GABA and its agonists improved visual cortical function in senescent monkeysAudie G Leventhal
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Science 300:812-5. 2003..of electrophoretic application of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), the GABA type a (GABAa) receptor agonist muscimol, and the GABAa receptor antagonist bicuculline, respectively, on the properties of individual V1 cells in old ..
- Hyperphagia induced by GABAA receptor-mediated inhibition of the nucleus accumbens shell: dependence on intact neural output from the central amygdaloid regionBrian A Baldo
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, 6001 Research Park Boulevard, WI 53719, USA
Behav Neurosci 119:1195-206. 2005..sites within the basolateral amygdaloid complex (BLA) or central amygdaloid region (CeA) via GABA(A) agonist (muscimol) infusions and measured feeding responses following muscimol infusions into the Acb shell...
- Activity-dependent change in the protein level of brain-derived neurotrophic factor but no change in other neurotrophins in the visual cortex of young and adult ferretsS Ichisaka
Division of Neurophysiology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Neuroscience 117:361-71. 2003..These results suggest that the level of brain-derived neurotrophic factor protein in visual cortex is regulated by activities of cortical neurons...
- Prolongation and enhancement of gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor mediated excitation by chronic treatment with estradiol in developing rat hippocampal neuronsJoseph L Nunez
Department of Physiology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Baltimore, MD, USA
Eur J Neurosci 21:3251-61. 2005..the peak amplitude of calcium transients, increased the number of cells responding to the GABA(A) agonist muscimol with membrane depolarization, and delayed the rate of clearance of free intracellular calcium...
- Prefrontal cortical representation of visuospatial working memory in monkeys examined by local inactivation with muscimolT Sawaguchi
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Neurophysiol 86:2041-53. 2001..representing visuospatial working memory, we produced reversible local inactivation, with the local injection of muscimol (5 microg, 1 microl), at various sites (n = 100) in the dorsolateral PFC of monkeys and observed the behavioral ..
- Rescue of developing spinal motoneurons from programmed cell death by the GABA(A) agonist muscimol acts by blockade of neuromuscular activity and increased intramuscular nerve branchingRonald W Oppenheim
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy and the Neuroscience Program, Wake Forest University Medical School, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 22:331-43. 2003..For example, the rescue of motoneurons by curare has been reported to be blocked by the GABA(A) agonist muscimol via its actions on CNS neurons...
- Identification of an amino acid sequence within GABA(A) receptor beta3 subunits that is important for receptor assemblyNoosha Ehya
Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Brain Research Institute, University of Vienna, Austria
J Neurochem 84:127-35. 2003....
- Effects of rat ventral and dorsal hippocampus temporal inactivation on delayed alternation taskK Maruki
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Saitama Medical School, Saitama 350 0495, Japan
Brain Res 895:273-6. 2001..hippocampal regions in a operant-type delayed alternation task of short delay or long delay, microinjections of muscimol into the hippocampus were used for temporal inactivation during the behavioral test in each rat...
- Detection and binding properties of GABA(A) receptor assembly intermediatesT Klausberger
Section of Biochemical Psychiatry, University Clinic for Psychiatry, A-1090 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 276:16024-32. 2001..and alpha(1)Ngamma(2)N, combinations exhibited specific [(3)H]Ro 15-1788 binding, specific [(3)H]muscimol binding could only be found in alpha(1)beta(3) and alpha(1)beta(3)N, but not in alpha(1)Nbeta(3) or alpha(1)Nbeta(..
- Blockade of cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase does not prevent the reverse ocular dominance shift in kitten visual cortexSatoshi Shimegi
School of Health and Sport Sciences, Osaka University, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 0043, Japan
J Neurophysiol 90:4027-32. 2003..However, when MD is combined with chronic inactivation of the visual cortex by muscimol, the OD distribution of the neurons shifts to the deprived eye (reverse OD shift)...
- Muscimol prevents long-lasting potentiation of dorsal horn field potentials in rats with chronic constriction injury exhibiting decreased levels of the GABA transporter GAT-1Gordana Miletic
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Wisconsin, 2015 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706 1102, USA
Pain 105:347-53. 2003..In this study we examined whether the GABA-A receptor agonist muscimol would modify post-tetanic responses in rats with chronic constriction injury...
- Injected muscimol in pedunculopontine tegmental nucleus alters ethanol self-administrationH H Samson
Center for the Neurobehavioral Study of Alcohol, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1083, USA
Alcohol 23:41-8. 2001..After implantation of cannula guides, microinjections of 30, 100, and 300 ng of muscimol into the PPN before the self-administration session were performed...
- Inactivation of the medial prefrontal cortex with the GABAA receptor agonist muscimol increases open-arm activity in the elevated plus-maze and attenuates shock-probe burying in ratsAkeel A Shah
Department of Psychology, University of Alberta P217 Biological Sciences Building, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2E9
Brain Res 1028:112-5. 2004This study examined the effects of infusions of a direct GABA(A) receptor agonist, muscimol, into the medial prefrontal cortex (MPFC), on fear behavior measured in the elevated plus-maze and shock-probe burying tests...
- The effect of GABA receptor ligands in experimental spina bifida occultaW Briner
Department of Psychology, University of Nebraska at Kearney, 68849, USA
BMC Pharmacol 1:2. 2001..To test this hypothesis pregnant rats were exposed to either the GABA a agonist muscimol (1, 2 or 4 mg/kg), the GABA a antagonist bicuculline (...
- Age-related differences in neurosteroid potentiation of muscimol-stimulated 36Cl(-) flux following chronic ethanol treatmentA C Grobin
Skipper Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies, The University of Memphis, TN, USA
Neuroscience 105:547-52. 2001..This uniqueness may now be extended to the chronic effects of ethanol...
- An investigation of the role of auditory cortex in sound localization using muscimol-releasing ElvaxAdam L Smith
Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, 4 Crinan Street, London N1 9XW, UK
Eur J Neurosci 19:3059-72. 2004..reversibly inactivating ferret A1 over long periods, using Elvax implants releasing the GABA(A) receptor agonist muscimol. Sub-dural polymer placements were shown to deliver relatively constant levels of muscimol to underlying cortex ..
- Coordination of orofacial and respiratory movementsDetlef H Heck; Fiscal Year: 2010..and ataxic mice and in normal mice during reversible inactivation of the deep cerebellar nuclei (DCN) through muscimol injections...
- ANESTHETIC MECHANISMS BY IN VIVO BRAIN IMAGINGFerenc Gyulai; Fiscal Year: 2004..in the living brain, we propose to test the specific hypothesis in non-human primates that the GABAA-R agonist muscimol enhances 11C-FMZ binding in a dose-dependent manner, as has been shown in in vitro studies...
- Anesthetics, GABA and the Injured BrainDavid Warner; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aims: 1) Define a dose-response for isoflurane protection during rat forebrain ischemia/Compare with efficacy of muscimol, a GABAA receptor agonist/Compare with time to onset of ischemic depolarization and pre-ischemic cerebral ..
- The role of prefrontal cortex and thalamus during trace eyeblink conditioningCraig Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2009..of the whisker barrel cortex), multiple single neuron recording from several sites, reversible inactivations with muscimol, functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), and tract tracing with WGA-HRP and MnCl2 (a "tract tracer" that is ..
- The role of prefrontal cortex and thalamus during trace eyeblink conditioningCraig Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the whisker barrel cortex), multiple single neuron recording from several sites, reversible inactivations with muscimol, functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), and tract tracing with WGA-HRP and MnCl2 (a "tract tracer" that is ..
- Nucleus Accumbens-Mediated Feeding: Output PathwaysThomas R Stratford; Fiscal Year: 2010..these structures to modify the amount and pattern of food intake elicited by unilateral intra-AcbSh injections of muscimol. These studies will be carried out using an "ipsilateral-contralateral disruption" (ICD) design which will allow ..
- Nucleus Accumbens-Mediated Feeding: Output PathwaysTHOMAS STRATFORD; Fiscal Year: 2007..these structures to modify the amount and pattern of food intake elicited by unilateral intra-AcbSh injections of muscimol. These studies will be carried out using an "ipsilateral-contralateral disruption" (ICD) design which will allow ..
- NEURAL MECHANISMS OF ANOREXIAAlan G Watts; Fiscal Year: 2010..They are: 1) Information encoding nucleus accumbens shell (ACBsh)-muscimol and 2-deoxy-D-glucose-driven feeding converges onto the same neurons in the LHA and PVH;2) ACBsh-muscimol feeding ..
- NEURAL MECHANISMS OF ANOREXIAALAN WATTS; Fiscal Year: 2009..They are: 1) Information encoding nucleus accumbens shell (ACBsh)-muscimol and 2-deoxy-D-glucose-driven feeding converges onto the same neurons in the LHA and PVH; 2) ACBsh-muscimol ..
- OXYTOCIN REGULATION BY NEUROSTEROIDS & GABA-A RECEPTORJanet Amico; Fiscal Year: 2003..abundance of OT mRNA and GABAA receptor subunit mRNAs and measure by in vitro receptor autoradiography 3[H]muscimol GABAA receptor binding in the hypothalami of the steroid- treated or allopregnanolone (ganaxolone)- treated ..
- FUNCTION OF MIDBRAIN STRUCTURES IN EYE MOVEMENT CONTROLDAVID WAITZMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..lesioning physiologically identified subregions of the MRF using the GABA active substances bicuculline and muscimol or the excitotoxin ibotenic acid...
- Mechanisms of Cerebral Vascular RemodelingSuresh C Tyagi; Fiscal Year: 2010..mouse model of HHcy (cystathionine synthetase, CBS -/+) and GABA-A receptor null mice treated with and without muscimol (GABA-A receptor agonist) will be measured. The mRNA levels will be measured by Q-RT-PCR...
- BINOCULAR COORDINATION OF EYE MOVEMENTSVallabh E Das; Fiscal Year: 2010..2, we will perform unilateral and bilateral inactivation of the left and right FN and PIN using the GABAA agonist muscimol. The overall goal of these experiments is to determine relative functional contribution of the two target ..
- Mechanisms of Cerebral Vascular RemodelingSURESH TYAGI; Fiscal Year: 2007..model of HHcy (cystathionine Â¿ synthetase, CBS -/+) and GABA-A receptor null mice treated with and without muscimol (GABA-A receptor agonist) will be measured. The mRNA levels will be measured by Q-RT-PCR...
- BEHAVIORAL PHARMACOLOGY OF PHENCYCLIDINERobert Balster; Fiscal Year: 1999..of NMDA antagonists will be compared to those of site-selective GABA agonists such as pentobarbital, diazepam and muscimol. PCP-like drugs and other site- selective NMDA antagonists will be compared in the following animal testing ..
- CHRONIC BENZODIAZEPINE EFFECTS ON GABA RECEPTOR COMPLEXELIZABETH TIETZ; Fiscal Year: 1993..effect studies of prototype BZs (diazepam, FZP, desalkylFZP and clonazepam) and GABA agonists (GABA, muscimol, THIP and isoguavacine)...
- Amygdala-cortical interactions in taste perception and learningDonald B Katz; Fiscal Year: 2010..responses depends upon amygdala-cortical connectivity by knocking out BLA (using infusions of the GABA agonist muscimol) in awake rats as they (the rats) respond to naturally palatable and aversive tastes...