Genomes and Genes
thy 1 antigens
Summary: A group of differentiation surface antigens, among the first to be discovered on thymocytes and T-lymphocytes. Originally identified in the mouse, they are also found in other species including humans, and are expressed on brain neurons and other cells.
Publications158 found, 100 shown here
- Changes in Thy1 gene expression associated with damaged retinal ganglion cellsC L Schlamp
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Mol Vis 7:192-201. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Thy1 mRNA abundance and expressing cells, decreased in advance of detectable ganglion cell loss caused by three different modalities of damage. This change is independent of the committed step of cell death...
- Neuronal membrane cholesterol loss enhances amyloid peptide generationJose Abad-Rodriguez
Cavalieri Ottolenghi Scientific Institute, Universita degli Studi di Torino, Orbassano, Italy
J Cell Biol 167:953-60. 2004....
- Thymocytes in Thy-1-/- mice show augmented TCR signaling and impaired differentiationA O Hueber
Center d Immunologie INSERM CNRS de Marseille Luminy, Case 906, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
Curr Biol 7:705-8. 1997..These observations indicate that Thy-1 negatively regulates TCR-mediated signaling and controls activation thresholds during thymocyte differentiation...
- Downregulation of Thy1 in retinal ganglion cells in experimental glaucomaWei Huang
Howe Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02114, USA
Curr Eye Res 31:265-71. 2006..Thy1 is a surface glycoprotein uniquely expressed in retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) in retina. The aim of this study was to investigate the expression change of Thy1 in a model of experimental glaucoma...
- Thy-1, a versatile modulator of signaling affecting cellular adhesion, proliferation, survival, and cytokine/growth factor responsesTanya A Rege
The Department of Cell Biology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, VH 648A, 1670 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294-0019, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1763:991-9. 2006..Ongoing research on the mechanisms of Thy-1 signaling will add to our understanding of the diverse physiologic and pathologic processes in which Thy-1 plays a role...
- Positive selection of natural autoreactive B cellsK Hayakawa
Institute for Cancer Research, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Science 285:113-6. 1999..Thus, B cells can be subject to positive selection, generated, and maintained on the basis of their autoreactivity...
- Functionally different GPI proteins are organized in different domains on the neuronal surfaceN Madore
Molecular Neurobiology Group, New Hunt s House, EM Unit, GKT Medical and Dental School, Guy s Campus, London Bridge, London SE1 9RT, UK
EMBO J 18:6917-26. 1999..Our results demonstrate a structural diversity of the domains occupied by functionally different GPI proteins...
- Differential COX localization and PG release in Thy-1(+) and Thy-1(-) human female reproductive tract fibroblastsLaura Koumas
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Lung Biology and Disease Program, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 283:C599-608. 2002....
- Thy-1 as a regulator of cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions in axon regeneration, apoptosis, adhesion, migration, cancer, and fibrosisTanya A Rege
The Department Cell Biology and Medical Scientist Training Program, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, VH 648A, 1670 University Blvd, Birmingham, Alabama 35294-0019, USA
FASEB J 20:1045-54. 2006..Thy-1 is an important regulator of cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions, with important roles in nerve regeneration, metastasis, inflammation, and fibrosis...
- Neuron stress and loss following rodent anterior ischemic optic neuropathy in double-reporter transgenic miceSteven L Bernstein
Departments of Ophthalmology, University of Maryland at Baltimore, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:2304-10. 2007..The impact of rAION on RGC stress patterns, RGC loss, and their axons after axonal infarct were evaluated...
- Expression and localization of estrogen receptor-alpha protein in normal and abnormal term placentae and stimulation of trophoblast differentiation by estradiolAntonin Bukovsky
Laboratory for Development, Differentiation and Cancer, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee 37920, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:13. 2003..This mechanism, however, may not operate in abnormal placentae, which show a lack of ER-alpha expression...
- Human postnatal dental pulp cells co-differentiate into osteoblasts and endotheliocytes: a pivotal synergy leading to adult bone tissue formationA Graziano
Dipartimento di Discipline Odontostomatologiche, Ortodontiche e Chirurgiche, Università Secondo Ateneo di Napoli, Napoli, Italy
Cell Death Differ 14:1162-71. 2007..This study provides direct evidence to suggest that osteogenesis and angiogenesis mediated by human SBP-DPSCs may be regulated by distinct mechanisms, leading to the organization of adult bone tissue after stem cell transplantation...
- Characterization of a transformed rat retinal ganglion cell lineR R Krishnamoorthy
Department of Pathology and Anatomy, UNT Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 86:1-12. 2001..These cells may be valuable in understanding of retinal ganglion cell biology and physiology including in vitro manipulations in experimental models of glaucoma...
- Thy-1 expression regulates the ability of rat lung fibroblasts to activate transforming growth factor-beta in response to fibrogenic stimuliYong Zhou
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Volker Hall 668, 1670 University Blvd, Birmingham, AL 35294-0019, USA
Am J Pathol 165:659-69. 2004..These studies provide a molecular basis for understanding the differential roles of fibroblast subpopulations in fibrotic lung disease through control of latent TGF-beta activation...
- Relationship of lipid rafts to transient confinement zones detected by single particle trackingChristian Dietrich
Department Cell and Developmental Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Biophys J 82:274-84. 2002..Overall, our data demonstrate that there are raft-related domains present in certain regions of the plasma membrane of C3H cells, which can persist for tens of seconds...
- Thy-1, via its GPI anchor, modulates Src family kinase and focal adhesion kinase phosphorylation and subcellular localization, and fibroblast migration, in response to thrombospondin-1/hep ITanya A Rege
Department of Cell Biology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Exp Cell Res 312:3752-67. 2006..Thy-1 modulates SFK and FAK phosphorylation and subcellular localization, promoting focal adhesion disassembly and migration in fibroblasts, following exposure to TSP-1/hep I...
- Thy-1 regulates fibroblast focal adhesions, cytoskeletal organization and migration through modulation of p190 RhoGAP and Rho GTPase activityThomas H Barker
Department of Medicine, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Exp Cell Res 295:488-96. 2004..We therefore conclude that Thy-1 surface expression regulates fibroblast focal adhesions, cytoskeletal organization and migration by modulating the activity of p190 RhoGAP and Rho GTPase...
- Epigallocatechin gallate, an active ingredient from green tea, attenuates damaging influences to the retina caused by ischemia/reperfusionBo Zhang
Nuffield Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Walton Street, Oxford OX2 6AW, UK
Brain Res 1159:40-53. 2007..The results of the study demonstrate that EGCG provides protection to retinal neurones from oxidative stress and ischemia/reperfusion...
- Changes in ocular aquaporin-4 (AQP4) expression following retinal injuryAdnan Dibas
Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, TX, USA
Mol Vis 14:1770-83. 2008..This study was designed to analyze changes in the expression of AQP4 following elevation of intraocular pressure (IOP) and after intravitreal endothelin-1 injection and the potential involvement of the ubiquitin-dependent proteasome...
- Loss of fibroblast Thy-1 expression correlates with lung fibrogenesisJames S Hagood
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
Am J Pathol 167:365-79. 2005..These results suggest that fibrogenic injury promotes loss of lung fibroblast Thy-1 expression, resulting in enhanced fibrogenesis...
- A system for inducible gene expression in retinal ganglion cellsJohn B Kerrison
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:2932-9. 2005..To develop a system for inducible gene expression in retinal ganglion cells, Thy1 and ckit promoters were used to direct expression of a second-generation reverse tetracycline transactivator (rtTA2S-M2)...
- Partitioning of Thy-1, GM1, and cross-linked phospholipid analogs into lipid rafts reconstituted in supported model membrane monolayersC Dietrich
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:10642-7. 2001..This result demonstrates that cross-linking, a process known to be important for certain cell-signaling processes, can selectively translocate molecules to liquid-ordered domains...
- Expression of Thy-1/lacZ fusion genes in the CNS of transgenic miceK A Kelley
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Arthur M Fishberg Research Center for Neurobiology, New York, NY 10029
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 24:261-74. 1994..2 sequences with the lacZ coding region may disrupt normal Thy-1 regulatory signals (or result in the creation of new regulatory elements)...
- Differential expression of platelet-derived growth factor-alpha receptor by Thy-1(-) and Thy-1(+) lung fibroblastsJ S Hagood
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Am J Physiol 277:L218-24. 1999..Differential expression of the PDGF-alpha receptor supports distinct roles for Thy-1(-) and Thy-1(+) fibroblast populations in developmental and fibrotic processes in the lung...
- Thrombospondin-1-induced focal adhesion disassembly in fibroblasts requires Thy-1 surface expression, lipid raft integrity, and Src activationThomas H Barker
Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 279:23510-6. 2004..This represents a novel role for Thy-1 in the regulation of fibroblast-matrix interactions critical to tissue homeostasis and remodeling...
- Transient confinement zones: a type of lipid raft?Yun Chen
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7090, USA
Lipids 39:1115-9. 2004..Here we review transient confinement zones and some of their implications for membrane structure and function...
- Thy-1 associated pp85--90 is a potential docking site for SH2 domain-containing signal transduction moleculesG A Durrheim
Department of Medical Physiology and Biochemistry, University of Stellenbosch Medical School, Tygerberg, South Africa
Cell Biol Int 25:33-42. 2001....
- Thy-1 expression in human fibroblast subsets defines myofibroblastic or lipofibroblastic phenotypesLaura Koumas
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Am J Pathol 163:1291-300. 2003....
- Fibroblast subsets in the human orbit: Thy-1+ and Thy-1- subpopulations exhibit distinct phenotypesLaura Koumas
Departments of Microbiology and Immunology, James P. Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Eur J Immunol 32:477-85. 2002..These observations suggest that fibroblast subsets in the human orbit play distinct roles in the regulation of immune and inflammatory responses crucial in the initiation and development of thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy...
- Most IL-4-producing gamma delta thymocytes of adult mice originate from fetal precursorsKalliopi Grigoriadou
, , Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr. Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Immunol 171:2413-20. 2003....
- Differentiation of marrow stromal cells into photoreceptors in the rat eyeAnthony Kicic
Stem Cell Unit, Department of Molecular Ophthalmology, Lions Eye Institute, affiliated with the Center of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, 6009, Western Australia, Australia
J Neurosci 23:7742-9. 2003..Our results establish a proof of concept for CD90+ MSC differentiation with autologous transplantation, which may provide a promising therapeutic strategy for the treatment of some forms of genetically inherited retinal degenerations...
- Preparation and functional analysis of tumor-infiltrating stroma cells using bone marrow chimera miceHirohito Ishigaki
Department of Gastroenterology and Hematology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Ohtsu, Shiga, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 50:655-62. 2006..In our system, tumors did not inhibit T cell responses directly, but unknown factors from tumors affected immunosuppression by TISC...
- Culture conditions and single growth factors affect fate determination of mouse spermatogonial stem cellsHiroshi Kubota
Department of Animal Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Biol Reprod 71:722-31. 2004..The stem cell enrichment strategies and the culture methods described provide a reproducible and powerful assay system to establish the effect of various environmental factors on SSC survival and replication in vitro...
- Neuronal differentiation of murine bone marrow Thy-1- and Sca-1-positive cellsF Locatelli
Centro Dino Ferrari, Dipartimento di Scienze Neurologiche, , I.R.C.C.S. Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 12:727-34. 2003..Although cell fusion phenomena with the host cells could not be ruled out, bone marrow-derived neurosphere transplantation could be a strategy for cellular mediated gene therapy...
- Muller glia induce retinal progenitor cells to differentiate into retinal ganglion cellsJing Yao
China-Australia Link Laboratory, Department of Ophthalmology, Eye and ENT Hospital, and Department of Anatomy and Embryo, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Neuroreport 17:1263-7. 2006..Identification of Muller glia-derived factors will be made to elucidate the molecular mechanisms of neurogenesis...
- Platelet-derived growth factor plays a critical role to convert bone marrow cells into glomerular mesangial-like cellsAkira Suzuki
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Kidney Int 65:15-24. 2004..CONCLUSION: These results indicate that PDGF-B plays a critical role to direct bone marrow-derived cells toward mesangial-like cells both in vitro and in vivo...
- Angiogenic potential of CD44+ CD90+ multipotent CNS stem cells in vitroKazuhiko Oishi
Department of Pharmacology, Meiji Pharmaceutical University, Tokyo 204 8588, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:1065-72. 2006..These results indicate that CD44(+) CD90(+) cells have the ability to generate neurospheres and to form vascular tubes...
- Thy1-positive mesenchymal cells promote the maturation of CD49f-positive hepatic progenitor cells in the mouse fetal liverToshitaka Hoppo
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Hepatology 39:1362-70. 2004....
- In vitro differentiation and maturation of mouse embryonic stem cells into hepatocytesTakamichi Ishii
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Kawahara-cho Shogoin, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8507, Japan
Exp Cell Res 309:68-77. 2005..In conclusion, coculture with Thy1-positive cells in vitro induced the maturation of AFP-producing cells isolated from ES cell cultures into hepatocytes...
- Enhanced myofibroblastic differentiation and survival in Thy-1(-) lung fibroblastsYan Y Sanders
Department of Pediatrics, Pulmonary Division, University of Alabama Birmingham, AL 35294 0019, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 36:226-35. 2007..Transfection of Thy-1 into Thy-1(-) cells inhibits collagen matrix contraction and reduces cell survival. Our data indicate that Thy-1 regulates myogenic gene expression, myofibroblastic differentiation, and survival in lung fibroblasts...
- Abortive activation precedes functional deletion of CD8+ T cells following encounter with self-antigens expressed by resting B cells in vivoJoanne M Fraser
University of Minnesota, Department of Gastroenterology Medicine, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Immunology 119:126-33. 2006....
- Characterization of two distinct liver progenitor cell subpopulations of hematopoietic and hepatic originsV Corcelle
Department of Cell Physiology and Metabolism, University Medical Center, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 312:2826-36. 2006..Oval cells require the hepatic niche to proliferate, while cells mobilized from the circulation proliferate and transdifferentiate into hepatocytes without evidence of cell fusion...
- Inhibitors of histone deacetylases promote hematopoietic stem cell self-renewalJ C Young
Cytotherapy 6:328-36. 2004..DISCUSSION: Our studies suggest that HDAC inhibitors can induce ex vivo expansion of human HSC, and may improve engraftment in hematopoietic transplant patients when cell dose is limiting...
- [Differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells into cardiomyocytes induced by cardiomyocytes]Ting-Zhong Wang
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, First Hospital, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an 710061, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 30:270-5. 2005..CONCLUSION: Direct cell-to-cell contact between MSCs and adult cardiomyocytes may induce differentiation of MSCs into cardiomyocytes...
- Stem cell reconstitution of autoimmune T cell repertoiresAndrea E Edling
Department of Immunology, NB30, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Neuroimmunol 169:126-36. 2005..Our study indicates that sustained autoimmune memory may not simply be due to the persistence of long-lived memory T cells, but may also involve bone marrow regeneration and replacement of the autoreactive T cell repertoire...
- Axon regeneration in peripheral nerves is enhanced by proteoglycan degradationMari L Groves
Department of Cell Biology, 405P Whitehead Building, Emory University School of Medicine, 615 Michael Street, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Exp Neurol 195:278-92. 2005....
- Hematopoietic stem cells do not engraft with absolute efficienciesFernando D Camargo
Program in Cell and Molecular Biology and the Center for Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77098, USA
Blood 107:501-7. 2006..Altogether, our results indicate that even an extremely homogeneous HSC population, based on phenotype and dye efflux, cannot reconstitute mice at absolute efficiencies...
- Neuro-glial differentiation of human bone marrow stem cells in vitroP Bossolasco
Fondazione Matarelli, Milan, Italy
Exp Neurol 193:312-25. 2005..Moreover, unidentified soluble factors provided by the conditioned media and cellular contacts in co-culture systems were effective in inducing the neuro-glial phenotype, further supporting the adult BM neural differentiative capability...
- [A study on stem cell mobilization after partial liver transplantation in rats]Feng Liu
Institute of Hepatology, People's Hospital, Peking University, Beijing 100044, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 13:839-43. 2005..Sry+ cells could be detected in portal tract areas and few Sry+/CD34+ and Sry+/Thy-1.1+cells were detected. CONCLUSION: In the PLTx group, the stem cells in the bone marrow were mobilized and stem cells in the liver were activated...
- Human skin-derived stem cells migrate throughout forebrain and differentiate into astrocytes after injection into adult mouse brainMarzia Belicchi
Department of Neurological Sciences, Stem Cell Laboratory, Centro Dino Ferrari, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Neurosci Res 77:475-86. 2004....
- Cell growth and differentiation of different hepatic cells isolated from fetal rat liver in vitroHenning C Fiegel
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Tissue Eng 12:123-30. 2006..Thus, these cells might be useful for concepts of cell-based therapies. However, further efforts must be undertaken to define the biological, ethical, and legal aspects of using fetal cells...
- Transcriptomic fingerprinting of bone marrow-derived hepatic beta2m-/Thy-1+ stem cellsCharles Wang
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 327:252-60. 2005....
- Bone marrow progenitors are not the source of expanding oval cells in injured liverAnuradha Menthena
Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Stem Cells 22:1049-61. 2004..These data demonstrate that the sources of oval cells and small hepatocytes in the injured liver are endogenous liver progenitors and that they do not arise through transdifferentiation from BM cells...
- Neural crest stem cells undergo multilineage differentiation in developing peripheral nerves to generate endoneurial fibroblasts in addition to Schwann cellsNancy M Joseph
Department of Internal Medicine, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0934, USA
Development 131:5599-612. 2004..Nerve development is thus more complex than was previously thought, involving NCSC self-renewal, lineage commitment and multilineage differentiation...
- Induction of glial glutamate transporters in adult mesenchymal stem cellsIsabelle de Hemptinne
, , Brussels, Belgium
J Neurochem 91:155-66. 2004..Although the astrocytic nature of these cells remains to be confirmed, this observation gives support to the study of mesenchymal stem cells as a promising tool for the treatment of neurological diseases involving glutamate excitoxicity...
- Tissue resident cells play a dominant role in arteriogenesis and concomitant macrophage accumulationEugen Khmelewski
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Circ Res 95:E56-64. 2004..The full text of this article is available online at http://circres.ahajournals.org...
- Abeta is targeted to the vasculature in a mouse model of hereditary cerebral hemorrhage with amyloidosisMartin C Herzig
Department of Cellular Neurology, Hertie-Institute for Clinical Brain Research, , , Germany
Nat Neurosci 7:954-60. 2004....
- Marrow stromal cells (MSC): a species comparisonAnthony Kicic
Stem Cell Unit, Department of Molecular Ophthalmology, Lions Eye Institute, Centre of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, 6009, Western Australia, Australia
Adv Exp Med Biol 533:407-14. 2003
- Evidence of marginal-zone B cell-positive selection in spleenLijun Wen
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Immunity 23:297-308. 2005..These data indicate that positive selection can occur in developing B cells and that BCR signal strength is a key factor in deciding between two functionally distinct mature B cell compartments in the microenvironment of the spleen...
- Expression of the neuronal surface glycoprotein Thy-1 is under post-transcriptional control, and is spatially regulated, in the developing olfactory systemG P Xue
Norman and Sadie Lee Research Centre, Laboratory of Neurobiology, National Institute for Medical Research, Mill Hill, London, UK
Development 109:851-64. 1990..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Definition of a novel cellular constituent of the bone marrow that regulates the response of immature B cells to B cell antigen receptor engagementP C Sandel
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 166:5935-44. 2001....
- Phenotypic distinction and functional characterization of pro-B cells in adult mouse bone marrowM P Mojica
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Immunol 166:3042-51. 2001..These studies have therefore defined and isolated a B lymphoid-committed progenitor population at a developmental stage corresponding to the initial expression of CD45R...
- Characteristics of progenitor cells derived from adult ciliary body in mouse, rat, and human eyesHangxiu Xu
Glaucoma Research Laboratory, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:1674-82. 2007..To isolate and characterize progenitor cells derived from adult mammalian ciliary body...
- CC chemokine receptor 6 expression by B lymphocytes is essential for the development of isolated lymphoid folliclesKeely G McDonald
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Pathol 170:1229-40. 2007..These observations define an essential role for CCR6 expression by B lymphocytes in localizing to intestinal lymphoid structures and in ILF development...
- Role of gut cryptopatches in early extrathymic maturation of intestinal intraepithelial T cellsT Oida
Department of Microbiology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 164:3616-26. 2000..These findings underscore the role of gut CP in the early extrathymic maturation of CD8alphaalpha+ IEL, including cell-surface expression of alphaEbeta7 integrin, CD3epsilon gene transcription, and TCR gene rearrangements...
- CD90-positive cells, an additional cell population, produce laminin alpha2 upon transplantation to dy(3k)/dy(3k) miceSo ichiro Fukada
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1 6 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Exp Cell Res 314:193-203. 2008..Thus, CD90(+) cells are a newly identified additional cell fraction that increased during skeletal muscle regeneration in vivo and could be another cell source for therapy for lama2-deficient muscular dystrophy...
- [Immunomagnetic beads sorting and functional identification of human spermatogonial stem cells]Yanfeng Li
Department of Urology, Daping Hospital, Institute of Field Surgery, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 10:567-71. 2004..The very nature of spermatogonial stem cells (SSC) is still poorly understood. The objective of this study is to explore the specific markers of human SSC and search for the suitable method for their isolation and functional identification...
- Enhanced visualization of axonopathy in EAE using thy1-YFP transgenic miceP G Bannerman
Neurology Research, Shriners Hospital for Children, Sacramento, CA 95817, United States
J Neurol Sci 260:23-32. 2007..Finally, we show the accumulation of hyperphosphorylated neurofilament-H (hyperP-NF-H) expression in YFP+, lesioned WM areas and in a subpopulation of neuronal perikarya in the lumbar spinal cords of EAE mice...
- Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor promotes liver repair and induces oval cell migration and proliferation in ratsAnna C Piscaglia
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Gastroenterology 133:619-31. 2007..In the present study, we assessed the involvement of G-CSF during oval cell activation...
- Isolation, culture and immortalisation of hepatic oval cells from adult mice fed a choline-deficient, ethionine-supplemented dietJanina E E Tirnitz-Parker
School of Biomedical, Biomolecular and Chemical Sciences, University of Western Australia, Crawley, Australia
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 39:2226-39. 2007..These novel murine oval cell lines, together with a reliable method for isolation and culture of primary oval cells, will provide a useful tool for investigating the contribution of oval cells to liver regeneration...
- Selection using the alpha-1 integrin (CD49a) enhances the multipotentiality of the mesenchymal stem cell population from heterogeneous bone marrow stromal cellsDavid A Rider
Laboratory of Stem Cells and Tissue Repair, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore, Singapore
J Mol Histol 38:449-58. 2007..These results thus support the use of CD49a selection for the enrichment of mesenchymal stem cells, and describes a strategy for selecting the most multipotential cells from a heterogeneous pool of bone marrow mononuclear stem cells...
- 3D-reconstruction and functional properties of GFP-positive and GFP-negative granule cells in the fascia dentata of the Thy1-GFP mouseMario Vuksic
Institute of Clinical Neuroanatomy, J W Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Hippocampus 18:364-75. 2008..Taken together, this study provides morphometric data on granule cells of mice bred on a C57BL/6 background and establishes the Thy1-GFP mouse as a tool to study granule cell neurobiology...
- Cloning of rodent megsin revealed its up-regulation in mesangioproliferative nephritisM Nangaku
Molecular and Cellular Nephrology, Institute of Medical Sciences Tokai University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Kidney Int 60:641-52. 2001..Megsin is a novel member of the serine protease inhibitor (serpin) superfamily. To elucidate functional roles of this gene, we cloned megsin in rodents and investigated its role in a rat nephritis model...
- Lung cells from neonates show a mesenchymal stem cell phenotypeKenneth T Hennrick
Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:1158-64. 2007..Mesenchymal stem cells have been isolated from adult bone marrow, peripheral blood, adipose tissue, trabecular bone, articular synovium, and bronchial submucosa...
- Active form of Notch members can enforce T lymphopoiesis on lymphoid progenitors in the monolayer culture specific for B cell developmentKatsuto Hozumi
Department of Immunology, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
J Immunol 170:4973-9. 2003..These results indicate that in vitro T lymphopoiesis is inducible by signaling via Notch family members in a lineage-specific manner but shares other stroma-derived factors including IL-7 with B lymphopoiesis...
- Regional brain cytochrome oxidase activity in beta-amyloid precursor protein transgenic mice with the Swedish mutationC Strazielle
Laboratoire de Pathologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire en Nutrition and the Service de Microscopie Electronique, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Henri Poincare, 7 Allée de la Forêt de Haye, 54500 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Neuroscience 118:1151-63. 2003....
- Hepatic lineages isolated from developing rat liver show different ways of maturationHenning C Fiegel
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 305:46-53. 2003..Thy1-positive cells from fetal livers express liver specific genes. The data suggest that Thy1-positive hepatic cells develop towards hepatic stem cells, and hepatoblasts develop towards mature hepatocytes of the adult liver...
- Adenovirus-mediated gene transfer of Bcl-xL impedes neurite regeneration in vitroToshiyuki Oshitari
Department of Ophthalmology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Inohana 1 8 1, Chuo Ku, Chiba City 260 8670, Japan
Neuroreport 14:1159-62. 2003..However, neurite regeneration in adeno-treated retinas was less than that of vector-free retina. These results suggest that the usefulness of adenovirus vectors for gene therapy for retinal ganglion cells may be limited...
- Early defect prethymic in bone marrow T cell progenitors in athymic nu/nu miceDevavani Chatterjea-Matthes
Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Immunol 171:1207-15. 2003..We show that defects in bone marrow prethymic T cell development can also contribute to T cell deficiency in nu/nu mice...
- Mouse A6-positive hepatic oval cells also express several hematopoietic stem cell markersBryon E Petersen
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, College of Medical, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Hepatology 37:632-40. 2003..Our system works with most strains of mouse, which will facilitate both in vivo and in vitro studies of mouse hepatic oval cells...
- Lymphoid precursors in intestinal cryptopatches express CCR6 and undergo dysregulated development in the absence of CCR6Andreas Lugering
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Immunol 171:2208-15. 2003..CCR6 was absent from the vast majority of mature IEL. CCR6 is present on lymphocyte precursors in cryptopatches, expressed transiently during extrathymic IEL development, and is required for homeostatic regulation of intestinal IEL...
- Characterization of thymic progenitors in adult mouse bone marrowS Scott Perry
Department of Pathology, University of Utah, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Immunol 170:1877-86. 2003..Furthermore, they note disparity in B and T cell expansion from this lymphoid progenitor population and suggest that it contains the progenitor primarily responsible for seeding the thymus throughout life...
- Positive selection of anti-thy-1 autoreactive B-1 cells and natural serum autoantibody production independent from bone marrow B cell developmentKyoko Hayakawa
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Exp Med 197:87-99. 2003..These findings demonstrate that B-1 positive selection, resulting in the production of natural serum ATA, arises independently from the major pathway of BM B cell development and selection...
- Sca-1 and Thy-1 accelerate neuron-like differentiation in bone marrow stromal cellsTakashi Mizobe
Department of Neurosurgery, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine
Kobe J Med Sci 52:119-25. 2006..Neuron-like differentiation of bone marrow cells can be enhanced by selection using cell surface proteins...
- Orbital fibroblast heterogeneity may determine the clinical presentation of thyroid-associated ophthalmopathyTerry J Smith
Division of Molecular Medicine, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California 90502, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:385-92. 2002..These observations enhance our understanding of orbital adipogenesis and define previously unrecognized differences between fibroblasts from the extraocular muscle and connective tissue...
- A genetic determinant that specifically regulates the frequency of hematopoietic stem cellsSean J Morrison
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Departments of Internal Medicine and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 168:635-42. 2002..This suggests that to affect HSC frequencies, the product(s) of this locus likely depend on interactions with unlinked modifying loci...
- Two populations of Thy1-positive mesenchymal cells regulate in vitro maturation of hepatic progenitor cellsNaoko Kamo
Dept of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto Univ, Shogoin, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G526-34. 2007..In conclusion, these results suggest that in vitro maturation of HPCs promoted by gp38-positive cells may be opposed by an inhibitory effect of gp38-negative cells, which likely maintain the immature, proliferative state of HPCs...
- CD34(+) cell subsets and long-term culture colony-forming cells evaluated on both autologous and normal bone marrow stroma predict long-term hematopoietic engraftment in patients undergoing autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantationF Lanza
Section of Hematology and BMT Unit, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Advanced Therapies, University Hospital, Ferrara, Italy
Exp Hematol 29:1484-93. 2001....
- Role of connective tissue growth factor in oval cell response during liver regeneration after 2-AAF/PHx in ratsLiya Pi
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville 32610 0275, USA
Gastroenterology 128:2077-88. 2005..To understand the molecular mechanism underlying this process, we investigated the role of connective tissue growth factor (CTGF), one of the candidate genes differentially expressed in Thy-1+ oval cells, in this liver injury model...
- X-linked lymphoreticular disease in the scurfy (sf) mutant mouseV L Godfrey
Biology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, TN 37831 8077
Am J Pathol 138:1379-87. 1991..Raising scurfy mice in a specific-pathogen-free environment does not alter disease expression. Thus, while our findings indicate that scurfy disease may be the result of immune dysfunction, it is not a classic immunodeficiency...
- Synergistic effect of IL-3 and IL-6 on highly enriched murine hemopoietic progenitorsS Okada
Department of Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Tochigi ken, Japan
Exp Hematol 20:546-51. 1992..Therefore, it is concluded that IL-6 acts directly on hemopoietic stem cells to enhance their proliferation...
- Novel method for in vitro depletion of T cells by monoclonal antibody-targeted photosensitizationT Berki
Department of Immunology and Biotechnology, University Medical School of Pecs, Hungary
J Immunol Methods 211:139-46. 1998..This method can be useful for selective destruction of one population (target cell) in an in vitro heterogeneous cell mixture, e.g., in bone marrow transplants for T cell depletion to avoid graft vs. host reaction...
- Thymic hormones and prostaglandins. I. Lack of stimulation of prostaglandin production by thymic hormonesF Homo-Delarche
INSERM U 25, Hopital Necker, Paris, France
Prostaglandins 38:183-96. 1989..These results do not support the hypothesis that prostaglandins could act as mediators of thymic hormones...
- Inhibition of natural killer activity by calcitonin gene-related peptideY Umeda
Department of Chemotherapy and Biochemistry, Nippon Roche Research Center, Kamakura, Japan
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 11:309-20. 1989..Our present study suggests that CGRP inhibits NK cell activity by increasing the intracellular cyclic AMP concentration. CGRP may be implicated in the regulation of NK function...
- T-cell-activating monoclonal antibodies, reacting with both leukocytes and erythrocytes, recognize the guinea pig Thy-1 differentiation antigen: characterization and cloning of guinea pig CD90H Schafer
Department of Immunology, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Cell Immunol 197:116-28. 1999..While treatment of erythrocytes and lymphocytes with GPI-specific phospholipase C largely decreased reactivity with mAb H154, T cells retained the proliferative response to antibody and phorbol esters...
- The structure of the human gene encoding protein gene product 9.5 (PGP9.5), a neuron-specific ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolaseI N Day
University Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Southampton General Hospital, U K
Biochem J 268:521-4. 1990..The human PGP9.5 gene, described here, spans 10 kb, contains nine exons and displays 5' features some common to many genes and some common with neurofilament neuron-specific enolase and Thy-1-antigen gene 5' regions...
- Flow cytometric analysis of Thy-1 expression in myelodysplastic syndromeT Inaba
Second Department of Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
Int J Hematol 68:403-10. 1998..In contrast, expression of Thy-1 did not seem essential to the leukemic transformation in MDS though the patients with high Thy-1 expression might have poorer prognosis compared with those with low Thy-1 expression...
- Interleukin-6 is required for pristane-induced plasma cell hyperplasia in miceD A Dedera
Division of Hematologic Malignancies, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Haematol 94:53-61. 1996..These data demonstrate that IL-6 is required for pristane-induced hyperplasia of polyclonal plasma cells in mice...
- Leucocyte membrane antigens on mouse granulated metrial gland cellsD D Mukhtar
Human Morphology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, U K
J Reprod Immunol 15:269-79. 1989..GMG cells were found to express both the asialo-GM1 antigen and the Thy-1 antigen. GMG cells did not express the Lyt-1, Lyt-2, Mac-1, L3T4 or IgM antigens. These results provide new evidence that GMG cells are a type of NK cell...
- Thy-1 antigen-mediated adhesion of mouse lymphoid cells to stromal cells of haemopoietic originY Irlin
Department of Chemical Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
Immunol Lett 33:233-7. 1992..1 and MBA-15 contain on their surface a specific ligand for the Thy-1 molecule. Cell-cell interaction via this ligand and the molecule on the cell surface may be an important step for development of certain lineages of cells...
- Identification of CD34+ subsets after glycoprotease selection: engraftment of CD34+Thy-1+Lin- stem cells in fetal sheepD R Sutherland
Oncology Research, The Toronto Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Exp Hematol 24:795-806. 1996....
Research Grants115 found, 100 shown here
- BIOLOGY OF THE THY-1 ANTIGEN BEARING EPIDERMAL CELLSAkira Takashima; Fiscal Year: 2002..Through these five specific aims they intend to uncover unique activities of IL-13 in the skin. ..
- FIBROBLAST CD 90 EXPRESSION IN FIBROGENIC SKIN DISORDERSJames Hagood; Fiscal Year: 2002..Establishing the role of fibroblast Thy-1/CD90 expression in human fibrogenic skin diseases is likely to unlock mechanisms of fibroblast activation and lead to more effective treatments for fibrotic disorders in skin and other tissues. ..
- Regulation of Fibroblast Phenotype in Lung FibrosisJames Hagood; Fiscal Year: 2007..Each of these aims will be addressed in a vertically-integrated approach using in vitro studies, relevant animal models and well-characterized human samples. ..
- REGULATION OF MASTICATORY MUSCLE FIBER PHENOTYPEARTHUR ENGLISH; Fiscal Year: 2002..The new knowledge generated will impact significantly several areas of clinical dentistry. ..
- DONOR CELL FACILITATION OF TOLERANCESamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 2004..They will also study GVHD using similar hypotheses and models. Mice tolerant of their allografts will be observed for evidence of immune deviation, clonal anergy or deletion, chimerism, and allograft expression of cytokine mRNA. ..
- CD4(-) and CD8(-) T Cells in Autoimmune & Normal MiceSamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 2006..The latter cells will be transferred to non-transgenic NZB/NZW hosts to determine their contribution to IgG autoantibody secretion. ..
- Mechanisms of optic nerve stroke neuroprotectionSteven L Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- LY-1 B CELLS: DEVELOPMENTAL ORIGINS AND V GENE BIASESRichard Hardy; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Engineering fibrin polymers for enhanced angiogenesisTHOMAS HARRISON BARKER; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will have direct relevance to wound healing and regenerative medicine by establishing new methods to manipulate fibrin for specific clinical outcomes. ..
- DONOR CELL FACILITATION OF TOLERANCESamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 1999..Finally, the subsets of donor cells which induce tolerance, and subsets of recipient cells which maintain tolerance will be identified in adoptive transfer studies. ..
- LY-1 B CELLS--DEVELOPMENTAL ORIGINS AND V GENERichard Hardy; Fiscal Year: 2000..Cumulatively, these studies will provide a clearer picture of fetal and adult B lymphopoiesis and distinguish whether the modes of selection affecting developing B cells are similar or different during these two ontogenic timi s. ..
- Mechanisms of optic nerve stroke neuroprotectionSteven Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Mapping for Specialized Domains for FCeRI Signaling & InternalizationBridget S Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results of these analyses will contribute important new insight into the nature and assembly of membrane microdomains controlling immune cell signaling. ..
- BONE MARROW DERIVED OVAL CELLS FOR LIVER REGENERATIONBryon Petersen; Fiscal Year: 2004..These data will be critical for developing novel therapeutic strategies for the treatment of liver disease. ..
- DONOR CELL FACILITATION OF TOLERANCESamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, the differential resistance is lost in p53"'" mice and in Bcl-2 transgenic mice. We will determine whether the ability to induce tolerance and prevent GVHD is also lost in the latter genetically altered mice. ..
- Translocation and Function of Nuclear FerritinJames Connor; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Identifying Gene Interactions in SLE by Mixed ChimerasEric Sobel; Fiscal Year: 2006..To use a gene array approach to identify differences in gene expression. Successful completion of these experiments would identify a novel method of systematically identifying epistatic interactions in an important murine model of SLE. ..
- Exercise, neurotrophins and axon regeneration in the PNSARTHUR ENGLISH; Fiscal Year: 2007..Its potential for clinical use with low cost and very high benefit is great. This project provides a unique opportunity to provide answers important to questions that will strengthen the basis for such clinical use. ..
- Domains for FcERI Signaling & InternalizationBridget Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2003..This work will define roles for microdomains in the processes of signal initiation, signal propagation and receptor internalization. ..
- Lymphoma Therapy Using Mixed Progenitor TransplantsSamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 2004..GVHD will be monitored by clinical signs, survival, and histopathology. ..
- Inducible Gene Expression in Retinal Ganglion CellsJohn Kerrison; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Isolation and Characterization of a Ferritin ReceptorJames Connor; Fiscal Year: 2005..This project will significantly alter our thinking on brain iron transport and open novel directions for research in oligodendrocyte biology and diagnositic and therapeutic strategies in demyelinating disorders ..
- Stem cells in liver regeneration: fusion or plasticityBryon Petersen; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- BONE MARROW AS A SOURCE FOR PANCREATIC STEM CELLSBryon Petersen; Fiscal Year: 2002..The same data could potentially provide a valuable resource for future tissue engineering and cell therapy technique interventions in pancreatic regeneration. ..