Genomes and Genes
Summary: A glycoprotein that is secreted into the luminal surface of the epithelia in the gastrointestinal tract. It is found in the feces and pancreaticobiliary secretions and is used to monitor the response to colon cancer treatment.
Publications319 found, 100 shown here
- ASCO 2006 update of recommendations for the use of tumor markers in gastrointestinal cancerGershon Y Locker
American Society of Clinical Oncology Tumor Markers Expert Panel, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5313-27. 2006..To update the recommendations for the use of tumor marker tests in the prevention, screening, treatment, and surveillance of gastrointestinal cancers...
- Pretargeted immuno-positron emission tomography imaging of carcinoembryonic antigen-expressing tumors with a bispecific antibody and a 68Ga- and 18F-labeled hapten peptide in mice with human tumor xenograftsRafke Schoffelen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mol Cancer Ther 9:1019-27. 2010..Mice were implanted with carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA; CEACAM5)-expressing LS174T human colonic tumors and a CEA-negative tumor, or an inflammation was ..
- T cells targeting carcinoembryonic antigen can mediate regression of metastatic colorectal cancer but induce severe transient colitisMaria R Parkhurst
Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Ther 19:620-6. 2011Autologous T lymphocytes genetically engineered to express a murine T cell receptor (TCR) against human carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) were administered to three patients with metastatic colorectal cancer refractory to standard treatments...
- Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) as tumor marker in lung cancerM Grunnet
Department of Oncology, National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Lung Cancer 76:138-43. 2012..Future studies may benefit from evaluating more than one marker at a time, which may possibly create a more precise index for prognosis and recurrence in lung cancer, than is possible by the use of single biomarkers...
- Decline in serum carcinoembryonic antigen and cytokeratin 19 fragment during chemotherapy predicts objective response and survival in patients with advanced nonsmall cell lung cancerAndrea Ardizzoni
Division of Medical Oncology, University Hospital of Parma, Parma, Italy
Cancer 107:2842-9. 2006The authors assessed the predictive and prognostic role of decline in the serum levels of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and cytokeratin 19 fragment (CYFRA 21-1) during chemotherapy in patients with advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer (..
- Toward standardized high-throughput serum diagnostics: multiplex-protein array identifies IL-8 and VEGF as serum markers for colon cancerStefanie Bünger
Laboratory for Surgical Research, Department of Surgery, University of Lubeck, Germany
J Biomol Screen 16:1018-26. 2011..protein array, the authors explore a panel of cytokines simultaneously and compared its performance to carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and carbohydrate antigen 19-9 (CA 19-9)...
- Dual therapy of ovarian cancer using measles viruses expressing carcinoembryonic antigen and sodium iodide symporterKosei Hasegawa
Molecular Medicine Program, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:1868-75. 2006..being tested in patients with ovarian cancer and whose propagation can be monitored by measuring blood carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) levels...
- Prognostic value of carcinoembryonic antigen and CYFRA21-1 in patients with pathological stage I non-small cell lung cancerKatsunari Matsuoka
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Japanese Red Cross Society Wakayama Medical Center, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:435-9. 2007The aim of this retrospective study was to assess the prognostic value of serum tumor markers (carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and CYFRA21-1) in patients with pathologic (p-) stage I non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) undergoing complete ..
- Tailoring the pharmacokinetics and positron emission tomography imaging properties of anti-carcinoembryonic antigen single-chain Fv-Fc antibody fragmentsVania Kenanova
Division of Molecular Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA, USA
Cancer Res 65:622-31. 2005..the half-life of engineered antibodies, we have mutated the Fc-FcRn binding site of chimeric anti-carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) antibodies produced in a single-chain Fv-Fc format. The anti-CEA T84...
- Progression of medullary thyroid carcinoma: assessment with calcitonin and carcinoembryonic antigen doubling timesAnne Laure Giraudet
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Endocrine Oncology, Institut Gustave Roussy and University Paris Sud, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Eur J Endocrinol 158:239-46. 2008The progression of medullary thyroid cancer is difficult to assess with imaging modalities; we studied the interest of calcitonin and carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) doubling times and of Ki-67 labeling and mitotic index (MI).
- Use of a vaccine strain of measles virus genetically engineered to produce carcinoembryonic antigen as a novel therapeutic agent against glioblastoma multiformeLoi K Phuong
Department of Neurosurgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer Res 63:2462-9. 2003..of measles virus (MV), derived from the Edmonston vaccine lineage, genetically engineered to produce carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA). CEA production as the virus replicates can serve as a marker of viral gene expression...
- Phase I trial of intraperitoneal administration of an oncolytic measles virus strain engineered to express carcinoembryonic antigen for recurrent ovarian cancerEvanthia Galanis
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Molecular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Gonda 10 141, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Res 70:875-82. 2010..We engineered MV to express the marker peptide carcinoembryonic antigen (MV-CEA virus) to also permit real-time monitoring of viral gene expression in tumors in the clinical ..
- Granulocyte CEACAM3 is a phagocytic receptor of the innate immune system that mediates recognition and elimination of human-specific pathogensTim Schmitter
Zentrum für Infektionsforschung, Universitat Wurzburg, Rontgenring 11, 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
J Exp Med 199:35-46. 2004b>Carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecules (CEACAMs) are used by several human pathogens to anchor themselves to or invade host cells...
- The role of carcinoembriogenic antigen in predicting response and survival to neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy for distal rectal cancerRodrigo O Perez
Colorectal Surgery Division, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dis Colon Rectum 52:1137-43. 2009..Therefore, we hypothesized that a decrease in CEA after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy could reflect tumor response to chemoradiotherapy, affecting final disease stage and ultimately survival...
- Carcinoembryonic antigen as a predictor of pathologic response and a prognostic factor in locally advanced rectal cancer patients treated with preoperative chemoradiotherapy and surgeryJi Won Park
Center for Colorectal Cancer, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Republic of Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:810-7. 2009To evaluate the role of serum carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) as a predictor of response to preoperative chemoradiotherapy (CRT) and prognostic factor for rectal cancer.
- Comparative toxicity and efficacy of combined radioimmunotherapy and antiangiogenic therapy in carcinoembryonic antigen-expressing medullary thyroid cancer xenograftFrançoise Kraeber-Bodéré
INSERM UMR 892 Cancer Research Center, Universite de Nantes, Nantes, France
J Nucl Med 51:624-31. 2010A significant antitumor effect was previously observed with radioimmunotherapy using anti-carcinoembryonic antigen (131)I-F6 monoclonal antibody in medullary thyroid cancer-bearing nude mice...
- Fusion of Gaussia luciferase to an engineered anti-carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) antibody for in vivo optical imagingKaty M Venisnik
Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Mol Imaging Biol 9:267-77. 2007The bioluminescent protein Gaussia luciferase (GLuc) was fused to an anti-carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) antibody fragment, the diabody, for in vivo optical tumor imaging...
- A measles virus vaccine strain derivative as a novel oncolytic agent against breast cancerCari J McDonald
Molecular Medicine Program, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 99:177-84. 2006..strain of measles virus deriving from the Edmonston vaccine lineage, genetically engineered to produce carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) against breast cancer...
- Serum CYFRA 21-1 (cytokeratin-19 fragments) is a useful tumour marker for detecting disease relapse and assessing treatment efficacy in breast cancerB Nakata
Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Abeno Ku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Br J Cancer 91:873-8. 2004..The sera from 173 patients with primary breast cancer or recurrent disease were measured for CYFRA 21-1, carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), and carbohydrate antigen 15-3 (CA 15-3) levels...
- A pregnancy-specific glycoprotein is expressed in the brain and serves as a receptor for mouse hepatitis virusD S Chen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033 1054, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:12095-9. 1995..cDNA library, we have identified a member of the pregnancy-specific glycoprotein (PSG) subgroup of the carcinoembryonic antigen gene family...
- A pilot study of MUC-1/CEA/TRICOM poxviral-based vaccine in patients with metastatic breast and ovarian cancerMahsa Mohebtash
Medical Oncology Branch and Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:7164-73. 2011..This study was conducted to obtain preliminary evidence of clinical response in metastatic breast and ovarian cancer patients...
- Prognostic value of combination of Cyfra 21-1, CEA and NSE in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerFabrice Barlesi
Faculty of Medicine, Universite de la Mediterranee, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, Service d Oncologie Thoracique, Marseille, Cedex 09, France
Respir Med 98:357-62. 2004..To assess the value of Cyfra 21-1, carcino-embryonic antigen (CEA) and neuron-specific enolase (NSE) combined, all three together as prognostic factors in advanced stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients...
- Pretargeted 177Lu radioimmunotherapy of carcinoembryonic antigen-expressing human colonic tumors in miceRafke Schoffelen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 51:1780-7. 2010..In this study, the optimization, therapeutic efficacy, and toxicity of PRIT of colon cancer with a (177)Lu-labeled peptide was determined in mice with carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)-expressing human tumors.
- Clinical significance of CEA and CA19-9 in postoperative follow-up of colorectal cancerTomomi Yakabe
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Saga University, Saga, Japan
Ann Surg Oncol 17:2349-56. 2010..We evaluated the efficiency of CEA and CA19-9 as tools for diagnosing recurrence in the postoperative surveillance of colorectal cancer...
- Cyst fluid carcinoembryonic antigen is an accurate diagnostic marker of pancreatic mucinous cystsSevdenur Cizginer
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02116, USA
Pancreas 40:1024-8. 2011..The purpose of this investigation was to determine the most accurate test for differentiating mucinous from nonmucinous cysts...
- Diagnostic performance of cyst fluid carcinoembryonic antigen and amylase in histologically confirmed pancreatic cystsWalter Gwang Up Park
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Pancreas 40:42-5. 2011....
- Depletion of human regulatory T cells specifically enhances antigen-specific immune responses to cancer vaccinesMichael A Morse
Department ofMedicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Blood 112:610-8. 2008..We then attempted to enhance antitumor immune responses in patients with carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)-expressing malignancies by Treg-cell depletion...
- Engineered measles virus as a novel oncolytic viral therapy system for hepatocellular carcinomaBoris Blechacz
Molecular Medicine Program, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hepatology 44:1465-77. 2006..We evaluated recombinant MV-Edm expressing carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) or the human sodium iodide symporter (hNIS) for oncolytic potential in hepatocellular carcinoma (..
- Brain metastasis development and poor survival associated with carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) level in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a prospective analysisOscar Arrieta
Department of Medical Oncology, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico City, Mexico
BMC Cancer 9:119. 2009....
- Differential recognition of members of the carcinoembryonic antigen family by Afa/Dr adhesins of diffusely adhering Escherichia coli (Afa/Dr DAEC)Cedric N Berger
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Unité 510, Faculte de Pharmacie Paris XI, F 92296 Chatenay Malabry, France
Mol Microbiol 52:963-83. 2004..recognize as receptors the GPI-anchored proteins CD55 (decay-accelerating factor, DAF) and CD66e (carcinoembryonic antigen, CEA)...
- Serum tumor markers CEA, CYFRA21-1, and CA-125 are associated with worse prognosis in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)Susana Cedres
Medical Oncology Department, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Lung Cancer 12:172-9. 2011..Serum tumor markers are considered a negative prognostic factor in early-stages NSCLC but its role in advanced disease is controversial. The aim of this study is to analyze the prognostic value of tumor markers in advanced NSCLC...
- Carcinoembryonic antigen in the staging and follow-up of patients with colorectal cancerMitchell J Goldstein
Division of Neoplastic Diseases, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Cancer Invest 23:338-51. 2005..Immunotherapy based on CEA is a rapidly advancing area of clinical research demonstrating antibody and T-cell responses...
- Isolated paraaortic lymph node recurrence after definitive irradiation for cervical carcinomaH H Chou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 51:442-8. 2001..To evaluate the clinical features of isolated paraaortic lymph node (PALN) recurrence after definitive radiotherapy, and analyze the prognostic factors and effect of salvage treatment...
- Regulation of insulin action by CEACAM1Sonia M Najjar
Department Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Medical College of Ohio, 3035 Arlington Ave, HSci Building, Room 270, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Trends Endocrinol Metab 13:240-5. 2002..Earlier studies in transfected cells suggested that the carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 1 (CEACAM1), a substrate of the insulin receptor in liver, upregulates ..
- Protein expression of carcinoembryonic antigen cell adhesion molecules in benign and malignant melanocytic skin lesionsThilo Gambichler
Dept of Dermatology and Allergology, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Am J Clin Pathol 131:782-7. 2009..nevi (BN), dysplastic nevi (DN), and primary superficial spreading melanoma (SSM) was performed for carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and CEA cell adhesion molecule-1 (CEACAM1) using monoclonal antibodies...
- Update of carcinoembryonic antigen radioimmunotherapy with (131)I-labetuzumab after salvage resection of colorectal liver metastases: comparison of outcome to a contemporaneous control groupTorsten Liersch
Department of General Surgery, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2577-90. 2007..Resection of LM from colorectal cancer is the standard of care in this setting, yet two thirds will eventually relapse, and adjuvant systemic chemotherapy has failed to improve survival...
- Prognostic impact of serum calcitonin and carcinoembryonic antigen doubling-times in patients with medullary thyroid carcinomaJacques Barbet
Département de Recherche en Cancérologie, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unite 601, Institut de Biologie, 9 quai Moncousu, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:6077-84. 2005..After unsuccessful surgery, medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) may be fatal or remain stable for decades, and precise survival predictors are needed...
- Clinical parameters predicting pathologic tumor response after preoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancerSang Min Yoon
Center for Colorectal Cancer, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Republic of Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1167-72. 2007..To identify pretreatment clinical parameters that could predict pathologic tumor response to preoperative chemoradiotherapy (CRT) for rectal cancer...
- Distinct mechanisms of internalization of Neisseria gonorrhoeae by members of the CEACAM receptor family involving Rac1- and Cdc42-dependent and -independent pathwaysOliver Billker
Max Planck Institut für Infektionsbiologie, Abteilung Molekulare Biologie, Schumannstrasse 21 22, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
EMBO J 21:560-71. 2002Opa adhesins of pathogenic Neisseria species target four members of the human carcinoembryonic antigen-related cellular adhesion molecule (CEACAM) family...
- Radioiodinated versus radiometal-labeled anti-carcinoembryonic antigen single-chain Fv-Fc antibody fragments: optimal pharmacokinetics for therapyVania Kenanova
Division of Molecular Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Department of Radioimmunotherapy, Duarte, CA, USA
Cancer Res 67:718-26. 2007..We studied the behavior of three anti-carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) single-chain Fv-Fc (scFv-Fc) variants (I253A, H310A, and H310A/H435Q; Kabat numbering system) that ..
- SHP1 phosphatase-dependent T cell inhibition by CEACAM1 adhesion molecule isoformsTakashi Nagaishi
Gastroenterology Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunity 25:769-81. 2006..Thus, CEACAM1 overexpression or deletion in T cells resulted in T cell inhibition or activation, respectively, revealing a role for CEACAM1 as a class of inhibitory receptors potentially amenable to therapeutic manipulation...
- Engulfment of Neisseria gonorrhoeae: revealing distinct processes of bacterial entry by individual carcinoembryonic antigen-related cellular adhesion molecule family receptorsShannon E McCaw
Department of Medical Genetics and Microbiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Infect Immun 72:2742-52. 2004..Neisseria gonorrhoeae colony opacity-associated (Opa) protein variants can bind up to four different carcinoembryonic antigen-related cellular adhesion molecule (CEACAM) receptors...
- A pilot safety trial investigating a vector-based vaccine targeting carcinoembryonic antigen in combination with radiotherapy in patients with gastrointestinal malignancies metastatic to the liverJames L Gulley
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Center for Cancer Research, Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology, 10 Center Dr, 8B09 MSC 1750, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 11:1409-18. 2011..This pilot study evaluated the tolerability of a vector-based vaccine targeting carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) in combination with radiation therapy in patients with gastrointestinal malignancies metastatic to ..
- CEA-based vaccinesEmina H Huang
Department of Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 1:49-63. 2002b>Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), the first tumor-associated antigen to be described, was cloned in 1987 and is expressed on nearly 50% of all human tumors...
- Carcinoembryonic antigen family members CEACAM6 and CEACAM7 are differentially expressed in normal tissues and oppositely deregulated in hyperplastic colorectal polyps and early adenomasS Schölzel
Institutes of Molecular Medicine, University of Freiburg, Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 156:595-605. 2000Four members of the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) family, CEA, CEACAM1 (BGP), CEACAM6 (NCA-50/90), and CEACAM7 (CGM2), are coexpressed in normal colorectal epithelia but are deregulated in colorectal cancers, where they could play a role ..
- Clinical value of serum HMGB1 levels in early detection of recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of uterine cervix: comparison with serum SCCA, CYFRA21-1, and CEA levelsXiugui Sheng
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Shandong Cancer Hospital and Institute, Jinan, Shandong Province, People s Republic of China
Croat Med J 50:455-64. 2009..making the early diagnosis of recurrent cervical squamous cell carcinomas (CSCC) and compare it with the value of serum squamous cell carcinoma antigen (SCCA), cytokeratin fragment (CYFRA) 21-1, and carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) levels.
- Serum carcinoembryonic antigen monitoring after curative resection for colorectal cancer: clinical significance of the preoperative levelIn Ja Park
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 16:3087-93. 2009We evaluated preoperative serum carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) as a prognostic factor for colorectal cancer and determined when surveillance of this marker was useful.
- The prognostic significance of preoperative serum CA 19-9 in patients with resectable gastric carcinoma: comparison with CEAN Duraker
Third Department of Surgery, SSK Okmeydani Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Surg Oncol 76:266-71. 2001In this study, the prognostic value of pre-operative serum levels of tumor markers CA 19-9 and carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) in gastric carcinoma which has been a controversial matter was investigated.
- Protein epitopes in carcinoembryonic antigen. Report of the ISOBM TD8 workshopJ Bjerner
Central Laboratory, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Tumour Biol 23:249-62. 2002To characterize antigenic sites in carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) further and to investigate whether there are differences between colon tumor CEA and meconium CEA (NCA-2) that can be detected by anti-CEA monoclonal antibodies (MAb), 19 ..
- Serum tumor markers as predictors for survival in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with gefitinibChao Hua Chiu
Section of Thoracic Oncology, Chest Department, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Lung Cancer 57:213-21. 2007..Though the imaging-based response (IBR) is the most frequently used index of the therapeutic effect in cancer patients, an index based on serum tumor markers might prove to be useful, especially in patients without measurable tumors...
- Diagnostic utility of serum and pleural fluid carcinoembryonic antigen, neuron-specific enolase, and cytokeratin 19 fragments in patients with effusions from primary lung cancerJin Hwa Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Ewha Womans University, Ewha Medical Research Institute, 911 1 MokDong, Yangcheon Ku, Seoul, South Korea
Chest 128:2298-303. 2005To assess the diagnostic values of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), neuron-specific enolase (NSE), and cytokeratin 19 fragments (CYFRA 21-1) as markers of pleurisy in primary lung cancer.
- Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) inhibits NK killing via interaction with CEA-related cell adhesion molecule 1Noam Stern
Lautenberg Center for General and Tumor Immunology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
J Immunol 174:6692-701. 2005..Finally, we suggest that the involvement of additional domains beside the N domain in the heterophilic and homophilic interactions is important for regulating the balance between cis and trans interactions...
- Serum CEA as a predictor for the response to preoperative chemoradiation in rectal cancerYoon Ah Park
Department of Surgery, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Surg Oncol 93:145-50. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the predictive value of serum carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) levels for the tumor response to preoperative CRT in rectal cancer patients.
- Primary polyclonal human T lymphocytes targeted to carcino-embryonic antigens and neural cell adhesion molecule tumor antigens by CD3zeta-based chimeric immune receptorsDavid E Gilham
CRC Department of Medical Oncology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, UK
J Immunother 25:139-51. 2002..Viability was improved by a costimulatory signal indicating that such signals may be vital in the maintenance of long-term functional activity of receptor modified T lymphocytes...
- Successful cancer vaccine therapy for carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)-expressing colon cancer using genetically modified dendritic cells that express CEA and T helper-type 1 cytokines in CEA transgenic miceToshiyasu Ojima
Second Department of Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Int J Cancer 120:585-93. 2007..determine whether the vaccination of genetically modified dendritic cells (DCs) simultaneously expressing carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) and interleukin 12 (IL-12) can overcome ..
- Prognostic significance of CTCs and CSCs of tumor drainage vein blood in Dukes' stage B and C colorectal cancer patientsRyu Shimada
Department of Surgery, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo 173 0003, Japan
Oncol Rep 27:947-53. 2012..In this study, we investigated the prognostic value of CTC/CSC that express carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) cytokeratin 19 (CK19), CK20 and/or CD133 (CEA/CK/CD133) mRNA in the tumor drainage ..
- Non-redundant role for IL-12 and IL-27 in modulating Th2 polarization of carcinoembryonic antigen specific CD4 T cells from pancreatic cancer patientsElena Tassi
Tumor Immunology Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 4:e7234. 2009..We previously reported that pancreatic cancer patients have a selective Th2 skew in the anti-carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) CD4(+) T cell immunity, which correlates with the presence of a predominant GATA-3(+) tumor ..
- Balancing between antitumor efficacy and autoimmune pathology in T-cell-mediated targeting of carcinoembryonic antigenRinke Bos
Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Tumor Immunology Group, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 68:8446-55. 2008b>Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) is intensively studied as a potential target for immunotherapy of colorectal cancers...
- Prognostic significance of circulating tumour cells following surgical resection of colorectal cancers: a systematic reviewG Peach
Division of Surgery, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Faculty of Medicine, St Mary s Campus, Imperial College London, Praed Street, London W2 1NY, UK
Br J Cancer 102:1327-34. 2010..This systematic review examines evidence for the use of peripherally sampled, circulating tumour cells (CTCs) as such a prognostic marker...
- Serum high mobility group box-1 (HMGB1) is closely associated with the clinical and pathologic features of gastric cancerHye Won Chung
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Transl Med 7:38. 2009..We investigated the correlation between the serum HMGB1 levels and the clinical and pathologic features of gastric cancer and evaluated the validity of HMGB1 as a potential biomarker for the early diagnosis of gastric cancer...
- Early postoperative CEA level is a better prognostic indicator than is preoperative CEA level in predicting prognosis of patients with curable colorectal cancerJen Kou Lin
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, National Yang Ming University, No 201, Section 2, Shih Pai Road Taipei, 11217, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Colorectal Dis 26:1135-41. 2011b>Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) measurements performed preoperatively and during the early postoperative period were examined prospectively to assess their prognostic value for colorectal cancer (CRC) patients receiving curative surgery.
- Prediction of survival and recurrence by serum and cytosolic levels of CEA, CA125 and SCC antigens in resectable non-small-cell lung cancerM Diez
San Carlos University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Br J Cancer 73:1248-54. 1996..non-small-cell lung cancer patients were analysed with respect of TNM stage, histological type and carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), CA125 antigen and squamous cell carcinoma antigen (SCC) levels in serum and cytosol...
- Defining the roles of human carcinoembryonic antigen-related cellular adhesion molecules during neutrophil responses to Neisseria gonorrhoeaeHelen Sarantis
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Infect Immun 80:345-58. 2012..Neisseria interacts with neutrophils through ligation of human carcinoembryonic antigen related-cellular adhesion molecules (CEACAMs) by their surface-expressed Opa proteins, resulting in ..
- Biomarkers in the lung cancer diagnosis: a clinical perspectiveX Li
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of Xian Jiaotong University, School of Medicine, Xian Jiaotong University, Xian 710061, China
Neoplasma 59:500-7. 2012..This study aimed to evaluate the efficiency of 7 tumor biomarkers, namely, carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), neuron-specific enolase (NSE), cytokeratin 19 (CYFRA-21-1), alpha-fetoprotein, carbohydrate ..
- Multiplexed homogeneous proximity ligation assays for high-throughput protein biomarker research in serological materialMartin Lundberg
Olink Bioscience, Dag Hammarskjölds väg 54A, 75183 Uppsala Sweden
Mol Cell Proteomics 10:M110.004978. 2011..To illustrate the potential of this protein detection technology, a pilot biomarker research project was performed using biobanked plasma samples for the detection of colorectal cancer using a multivariate signature...
- Carcinoembryonic antigen and CD44 variant isoforms cooperate to mediate colon carcinoma cell adhesion to E- and L-selectin in shear flowSusan N Thomas
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
J Biol Chem 283:15647-55. 2008..Using immunoaffinity chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry, we identify this glycoprotein as the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)...
- Half-antibody functionalized lipid-polymer hybrid nanoparticles for targeted drug delivery to carcinoembryonic antigen presenting pancreatic cancer cellsChe Ming Jack Hu
Department of Nanoengineering and Moores Cancer Center, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Mol Pharm 7:914-20. 2010..Herein, we synthesize anti-carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) half-antibody conjugated lipid-polymer hybrid nanoparticles and characterize their ligand ..
- Characterization of gastric adenocarcinoma cell lines established from CEA424/SV40 T antigen-transgenic mice with or without a human CEA transgeneJessica Nöckel
Tumor Immunology Laboratory, LIFE Center, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistrasse 23, 81377 Munich, Germany
BMC Cancer 6:57. 2006....
- 124I-labeled engineered anti-CEA minibodies and diabodies allow high-contrast, antigen-specific small-animal PET imaging of xenografts in athymic miceGobalakrishnan Sundaresan
Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Nucl Med 44:1962-9. 2003..The present work evaluated the minibody or diabody labeled with (124)I, for imaging tumor-bearing mice using a high-resolution small-animal PET system...
- Diagnostic precision of carcinoembryonic antigen in the detection of recurrence of colorectal cancerEmile Tan
Department of Biosurgery and Surgical Technology, Imperial College, 10th Floor, QEQM Wing, Faculty of Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, Praed Street, London W2 1NY, UK
Surg Oncol 18:15-24. 2009The aim of the study was to evaluate the diagnostic precision of serum carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) in the detection of local or distant recurrence following resectional surgery for colon and rectal cancer.
- A recombinant anti-carcinoembryonic antigen immunoreceptor with combined CD3zeta-CD28 signalling targets T cells from colorectal cancer patients against their tumour cellsA Hombach
Tumorgenetik, Klinik I fur Innere Medizin, Klinikum der Universität zu Köln, Germany
Gut 55:1156-64. 2006..The aim of this study was to address whether T cells from colorectal cancer patients with advanced tumour stages can be specifically antigen activated against their autologous tumour cells...
- Pancreatic cyst aspiration analysis for cystic neoplasms: mucin or carcinoembryonic antigen--which is better?Gareth Morris-Stiff
Department of Hepato pancreato biliary Surgery, Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Surgery 148:638-44; discussion 644-5. 2010..advocated the performance of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) with aspiration and determination of mucin and carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) content...
- Persistent high postoperative carcinoembryonic antigen in colorectal cancer patients--is it important?Ali Ilker Filiz
Department of General Surgery, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Haydarpasa Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 64:287-94. 2009..Evaluation of pre- and postoperative serum CEA levels together has seldom been assessed for the prognosis of colorectal cancer (CRC)...
- Assessment of tumor recurrence in patients with colorectal cancer and elevated carcinoembryonic antigen level: FDG PET/CT versus contrast-enhanced 64-MDCT of the chest and abdomenUr Metser
Department of Medical Imaging, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, 610 University Ave, Ste 3 960, Toronto, ON, M5G 2M9 Canada
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:766-71. 2010..of this study was to compare FDG PET/CT and contrast-enhanced 64-MDCT of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis in the detection of tumor recurrence in patients with colorectal cancer and an elevated level of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA).
- Carcinoembryonic antigen, squamous cell carcinoma antigen, CYFRA 21-1, and neuron-specific enolase in squamous cell lung cancer patientsJan Kulpa
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Center of Oncology, Cracow Division, 31 115 Cracow, Poland
Clin Chem 48:1931-7. 2002b>Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), squamous cell carcinoma antigen (SCC-Ag), and CYFRA 21-1 are the most useful markers for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), but neuron-specific enolase (NSE) is a tumor maker of choice for SCLC...
- The granulocyte receptor carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 3 (CEACAM3) directly associates with Vav to promote phagocytosis of human pathogensTim Schmitter
Zentrum für Infektionsforschung, Universitat Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Immunol 178:3797-805. 2007The human granulocyte-specific receptor carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule (CEACAM)3 is critically involved in the opsonin-independent recognition of several bacterial pathogens...
- Free DNA and carcinoembryonic antigen serum levels: an important combination for diagnosis of colorectal cancerEmanuela Flamini
Department of Medical Oncology, Morgagni Pierantoni Hospital, Forli, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 12:6985-8. 2006..We compared the sensitivity and specificity of free circulating DNA with that of the more conventional carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and evaluated the two markers in combination.
- Induction of type 1 cytokines during neem leaf glycoprotein assisted carcinoembryonic antigen vaccination is associated with nitric oxide productionKoustav Sarkar
Department of Immunoregulation and Immunodiagnostics, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute CNCI, 37, S P Mukherjee Road, Kolkata 700026, India
Int Immunopharmacol 9:753-60. 2009Involvement of the nitric oxide (NO) release in CEAM phi NLGP (carcinoembryonic antigen pulsed macrophages with neem leaf glycoprotein) vaccination and its relationship with vaccine induced type 1 immune response were aimed to study in ..
- Recombinant carcinoembryonic antigen as a reporter gene for molecular imagingVania Kenanova
Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 700 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:104-14. 2009..We have developed a reporter gene based on carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), a human protein with limited normal tissue expression.
- Image-guided radioiodide therapy of medullary thyroid cancer after carcinoembryonic antigen promoter-targeted sodium iodide symporter gene expressionChristine Spitzweg
Department of Internal Medicine II, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, 81377 Munich, Germany
Hum Gene Ther 18:916-24. 2007..therapy of MTC after human sodium iodide symporter (hNIS) gene transfer, using the tumor-specific carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) promoter for transcriptional targeting...
- The expression of CD66a and possible roles in colorectal adenoma and adenocarcinomaWan Yi Kang
Department of Pathology, Kaohsiung Medical University Chung Ho Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:869-74. 2007..and possible role of CD66a in colorectal adenoma and adenocarcinoma and the relationship between its expression and pre-operation serum carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) level and tumor stage in patients with colorectal adenocarcinomas.
- Increased serum levels of tumour-associated trypsin inhibitor independently predict a poor prognosis in colorectal cancer patientsAlexander Gaber
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Center for Molecular Pathology, Malmo, Sweden
BMC Cancer 10:498. 2010..We further assessed the prognostic value of carcino-embryonic antigen in serum (s-CEA) and the interrelationship between s-TATI and TATI in tissue (t-TATI)...
- Quantitative serial imaging of an 124I anti-CEA monoclonal antibody in tumor-bearing miceJames R Bading
Department of Radioimmunotherapy, City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010 3000, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 23:399-409. 2008..However, high positron energy and beta(+) -associated cascade gamma rays pose image resolution and background noise problems for (124)I. This study evaluated quantitative PET of an (124)I mAb in tumor-bearing mice...
- Expression of four CEA family antigens (CEA, NCA, BGP and CGM2) in normal and cancerous gastric epithelial cells: up-regulation of BGP and CGM2 in carcinomasT Kinugasa
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Japan
Int J Cancer 76:148-53. 1998Four human carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) family members, CEA (CD66e), non-specific cross-reacting antigen (NCA, CD66c), biliary glycoprotein (BGP, CD66a) and CEA gene-family member 2 (CGM2), are expressed in normal mucosal epithelia of ..
- Gene therapy utilizing the Cre/loxP system selectively suppresses tumor growth of disseminated carcinoembryonic antigen-producing cancer cellsH Goto
Department of Molecular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Int J Cancer 94:414-9. 2001..antitumor effects together with minimal adverse reactions in specific gene therapy against disseminated carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)-producing cancer cells in the peritoneal cavity of mice...
- Serum interleukin-6 and -10 levels in patients with gastric cancerMasahide Ikeguchi
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, 36 1 Nishi cho, Yonago, 683 8504, Japan
Gastric Cancer 12:95-100. 2009..In the present study, we evaluated the clinical significance of preoperative serum IL-6 and IL-10 levels as new tumor markers in patients with gastric cancer (GC)...
- Colorectal hyperplasia and dysplasia due to human carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) family member expression in transgenic miceCarlos H F Chan
McGill Cancer Centre, Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 2:e1353. 2007..These results suggest that up-regulated non-mutated adhesion molecules could have a significant instrumental role in human cancer...
- A disposable electrochemical immunosensor for flow injection immunoassay of carcinoembryonic antigenJie Wu
Key Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science Education Ministry of China, Department of Chemistry, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, PR China
Biosens Bioelectron 22:102-8. 2006A new simple immunoassay method for carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) detection using a disposable immunosensor coupled with a flow injection system was developed...
- Optimizing radiolabeled engineered anti-p185HER2 antibody fragments for in vivo imagingTove Olafsen
Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California at Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Cancer Res 65:5907-16. 2005..1 +/- 1.5% ID/g). Thus, by manipulating the size and format of anti-p185(HER2) antibody fragments, the kidney activity was reduced and high or low expression of p185HER2 in xenografts could be distinguished by microPET imaging...
- In vivo selection for Neisseria gonorrhoeae opacity protein expression in the absence of human carcinoembryonic antigen cell adhesion moleculesAmy N Simms
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Rd, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799, USA
Infect Immun 74:2965-74. 2006..Based on the absence in mice of human carcinoembryonic antigen cell adhesion molecules, the major class of Opa protein adherence receptors, we conclude the observed ..
- Differential recognition of members of the carcinoembryonic antigen family by Opa variants of Neisseria gonorrhoeaeM P Bos
Laboratory of Microbial Structure and Function, Rocky Mountain Laboratories, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Hamilton, Montana 59840 2999, USA
Infect Immun 65:2353-61. 1997..Together these data show that CEA family members are differentially recognized by gonococcal Opa variants, suggesting that this phenomenon may contribute to cell tropism displayed by gonococci...
- The clinical value of serum CEA, CA19-9, and CA242 in the diagnosis and prognosis of pancreatic cancerX G Ni
Department of Abdominal Surgery, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100021, China
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:164-9. 2005Serum tumour markers carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), carbohydrate antigen 19-9 (CA19-9) and CA242 were investigated to evaluate the values of single and combined test in the diagnosis and prognosis of pancreatic cancer.
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinases in carcinoembryonic antigen-related cellular adhesion molecule-mediated internalization of Neisseria gonorrhoeaeJames W Booth
Division of Cell Biology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:14037-45. 2003..cells through interactions between bacterial opacity-associated (Opa) adhesins and members of the human carcinoembryonic antigen-related cellular adhesion molecule (CEACAM) family...
- Preoperative serum carcinoembryonic antigen, albumin and age are supplementary to UICC staging systems in predicting survival for colorectal cancer patients undergoing surgical treatmentLi Chu Sun
Nutrition Service Team, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
BMC Cancer 9:288. 2009..The aim of this study was to determine influence of prognostic factors in addition to UICC staging systems, on cancer-specific and overall survival rates for patients with colorectal cancer (CRC) undergoing surgical treatment...
- Activation-induced expression of carcinoembryonic antigen-cell adhesion molecule 1 regulates mouse T lymphocyte functionAtsushi Nakajima
Gastroenterology Division, Departments of Medicine and Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 168:1028-35. 2002..These studies support a role for CEACAM1 as a novel class of immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibition motif-bearing regulatory molecules on T cells that are active during early phases of the immune response in mice...
- Ceacam1a-/- mice are completely resistant to infection by murine coronavirus mouse hepatitis virus A59Erin Hemmila
Department of Microbiology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
J Virol 78:10156-65. 2004CEACAM1a glycoproteins are members of the immunoglobulin (Ig) superfamily and the carcinoembryonic antigen family...
- The tumour suppressor gene CEACAM1 is completely but reversibly downregulated in renal cell carcinomaRobert Kammerer
Tumour Immunology Laboratory, Department of Urology, University Clinic Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Pathol 204:258-67. 2004..Thus, transient expression of the tumour suppressor CEACAM1 by tumour cells and subsequent homophilic interaction with CEACAM1 on tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes could represent a novel immune escape mechanism in RCC...
- CEACAMs: their role in physiology and pathophysiologyKatharina Kuespert
Lehrstuhl Zellbiologie, Fachbereich Biologie X908, Universitat Konstanz, Universitatsstrasse 10, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
Curr Opin Cell Biol 18:565-71. 2006b>Carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecules (CEACAMs) belong to a group of mammalian immunoglobulin-related glycoproteins...
- A Phase I study of active immunotherapy with carcinoembryonic antigen peptide (CAP-1)-pulsed, autologous human cultured dendritic cells in patients with metastatic malignancies expressing carcinoembryonic antigenM A Morse
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Clin Cancer Res 5:1331-8. 1999..with in vitro-generated DCs, loaded with an HLA-A2-restricted peptide fragment of the tumor antigen carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), for the treatment of patients with advanced CEA-expressing malignancies...
- Induction of cellular immune responses against carcinoembryonic antigen in patients with metastatic tumors after vaccination with altered peptide ligand-loaded dendritic cellsJana Babatz
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitatsklinikum Dresden, Fetscherstr 74, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Cancer Immunol Immunother 55:268-76. 2006..the capability of DCs differentiated from immunomagnetically isolated CD14+ monocytes and pulsed with a carcinoembryonic antigen-derived altered peptide (CEAalt) to induce specific CD8+ T cells in cancer patients...
- More efficient induction of HLA-A*0201-restricted and carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)-specific CTL response by immunization with exosomes prepared from heat-stressed CEA-positive tumor cellsShengming Dai
Institute of Immunology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, People s Republic of China
Clin Cancer Res 11:7554-63. 2005..To improve the immunogenicity of exosomes as cancer vaccine, we prepared exosomes from heat-stressed carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)-positive tumor cells (CEA+/HS-Exo) and tested the efficacy of these exosomes in the induction of ..
- HIFU-enhanced tumor vaccinesChandan Guha; Fiscal Year: 2010..Tumor cells expressing model tumor antigens, such as, ovalbumin (OVA) and carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) will be used in these studies...
- HIFU-enhanced tumor vaccinesChandan Guha; Fiscal Year: 2010..Tumor cells expressing model tumor antigens, such as, ovalbumin (OVA) and carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) will be used in these studies...
- Development of a gold nanoparticles based targeted delivery systemPriyabrata Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..all the pancreatic tumor cells or patients that do not express EGFR, we may use other targets such as carcinoembryonic antigen (CEM) or carbohydrate antigen 19-9 (CA-19-9) or need to further identify other targeting molecules and ..
- Optimizing Measles Virotherapy in the Treatment of Ovarian CancerEvanthia Galanis; Fiscal Year: 2009..to translate this approach into a phase I clinical trial of a measles virus derivative producing human carcinoembryonic antigen, MV-CEA (CEA added to facilitate monitoring of viral gene expression) in recurrent ovarian cancer ..
- Optimizing Measles Virotherapy in the Treatment of Ovarian CancerKah Whye Peng; Fiscal Year: 2010..to translate this approach into a phase I clinical trial of a measles virus derivative producing human carcinoembryonic antigen, MV-CEA (CEA added to facilitate monitoring of viral gene expression) in recurrent ovarian cancer ..
- ANTIIDIOTYPE VACCINE THERAPY OF HUMAN COLORECTAL CANCERMALAYA CHATTERJEE; Fiscal Year: 2002We have generated a murine monoclonal anti-idiotype ( antibody, 3Hl, that is the internal image of the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)...
- Structure and dynamics of bacterial membrane protein - receptor interactionsLinda Columbus; Fiscal Year: 2009..The larger class, OpaCEA, bind to carcinoembryonic antigen-like cellular adhesion molecules (CEACAMs), and the smaller class, OpaHS, bind to two different receptors;..
- Structure and dynamics of bacterial membrane protein - receptor interactionsLINDA M COLUMBUS; Fiscal Year: 2010..The larger class, OpaCEA, bind to carcinoembryonic antigen-like cellular adhesion molecules (CEACAMs), and the smaller class, OpaHS, bind to two different receptors;..
- Use of Quantitative RT PCR for Staging Esophageal CancerJames Luketich; Fiscal Year: 2004..In Specific Aim 1 we will measure mRNA expression levels of molecular markers carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and cytokeratin 19(CK19) in LN's from EC and benign disease patients...
- Cell-type specific targting of curcuminBIDDANDA PONNAPPA; Fiscal Year: 2005..Recent studies show that curcumin has both anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), a glycosylated protein secreted by tumor cells, has been implicated in the development of hepatic ..
- TFF3 GENE EXPRESSION IN METASTATIC COLON CANCERSteven Itzkowitz; Fiscal Year: 2001..We have also demonstrated that placing the suicide gene under the control of the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) promoter affords greater tissue specificity...
- A MACROPHAGE PROTEIN IN COLON TUMORIGENESISAniruddha Ganguly; Fiscal Year: 2001b>Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) is an intercellular adhesion molecule that plays a major role in colon tumorigenesis. We have identified a novel protein on human monocytes that binds to CEA...
- Immunotherapy with TRICOM Modified Dendritic CellsHerbert Lyerly; Fiscal Year: 2002..we have demonstrated that fowlpox engineered to express B7- 1, ICAM-1 and LFA-3 and the tumor antigen carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) can infect human DC, express these molecules and stimulate CEA specific T cells in vitro...
- Rational Design of Therapeutic Vaccines for CEA+ TumorsSUNIL CHATTERJEE; Fiscal Year: 2007..suggest that vaccination with an anti-idiotype (Id) antibody (3H1) that mimics an epitope of human carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) has the potential to augment survival benefits...
- METASTATIC POTENTIAL OF COLORECTAL CARCINOMAJOHN JESSUP; Fiscal Year: 2004..b>Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), a 180 kDa glycoprotein tumor marker, is associated with liver metastasis because serum levels of ..
- ANTIGEN PRESENTATION BY CEA DIRECTED TUMOR VACCINESHoward Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2002b>Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) is a common tumor-associated antigen. Several T-cell specific epitopes have been identified within the terminal repeat domains of CEA, suggesting that CEA may be a target for vaccine development...
- METASTATIC POTENTIAL OF COLORECTAL CARCINOMALopa Mishra; Fiscal Year: 2007..produced by the host liver as arresting tumor cells create an ischemia/reperfusion injury, 2) CRC release Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA), a 180 kDa glycoprotein, that binds to heterogeneous RNA-binding protein M4 on Kupffer cells (the ..
- METASTATIC POTENTIAL OF COLORECTAL CARCINOMALopa Mishra; Fiscal Year: 2010..produced by the host liver as arresting tumor cells create an ischemia/reperfusioninjury, 2) CRC release Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA), a 180 kDa glycoprotein, that binds to heterogeneous RNA-binding protein M4 on Kupffer cells (the ..
- METASTATIC POTENTIAL OF COLORECTAL CARCINOMALopa Mishra; Fiscal Year: 2009..produced by the host liver as arresting tumor cells create an ischemia/reperfusioninjury, 2) CRC release Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA), a 180 kDa glycoprotein, that binds to heterogeneous RNA-binding protein M4 on Kupffer cells (the ..