Genomes and Genes
biological tumor markers
Summary: Molecular products metabolized and secreted by neoplastic tissue and characterized biochemically in cells or body fluids. They are indicators of tumor stage and grade as well as useful for monitoring responses to treatment and predicting recurrence. Many chemical groups are represented including hormones, antigens, amino and nucleic acids, enzymes, polyamines, and specific cell membrane proteins and lipids.
Publications312 found, 100 shown here
- New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of CanadaP Therasse
European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, Brussels, Belgium
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:205-16. 2000..Methods of assessing tumor lesions are better codified, briefly within the guidelines and in more detail in Appendix I. All other aspects of response evaluation have been discussed, reviewed, and amended whenever appropriate...
- A multigene assay to predict recurrence of tamoxifen-treated, node-negative breast cancerSoonmyung Paik
Division of Pathology, Operation Center, and the Biostatistics Center, National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh 15212, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2817-26. 2004..The likelihood of distant recurrence in patients with breast cancer who have no involved lymph nodes and estrogen-receptor-positive tumors is poorly defined by clinical and histopathological measures...
- Studies of the HER-2/neu proto-oncogene in human breast and ovarian cancerD J Slamon
Department of Medicine, U C L A School of Medicine 90024
Science 244:707-12. 1989..The data presented further support the concept that the HER-2/neu gene may be involved in the pathogenesis of some human cancers...
- American Society of Clinical Oncology 2007 update of recommendations for the use of tumor markers in breast cancerLyndsay Harris
Yale Cancer Center, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5287-312. 2007..To update the recommendations for the use of tumor marker tests in the prevention, screening, treatment, and surveillance of breast cancer...
- Molecular definition of breast tumor heterogeneityMichail Shipitsin
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 11:259-73. 2007..Our data suggest prognostic relevance of CD44+ cells and therapeutic targeting of distinct tumor cell populations...
- Triple-negative breast cancer: clinical features and patterns of recurrenceRebecca Dent
Department of Medical Oncology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 13:4429-34. 2007..To compare the clinical features, natural history, and outcomes for women with "triple-negative" breast cancer with women with other types of breast cancer...
- Prognostic and predictive factors in breast cancer by immunohistochemical analysisD C Allred
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78284, USA
Mod Pathol 11:155-68. 1998..In the future, these and other factors will be incorporated into a prognostic index that will better reflect the biologic diversity of breast cancer and that will more accurately predict clinical outcome...
- Wild-type KRAS is required for panitumumab efficacy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancerRafael G Amado
Amgen, Inc, One Amgen Center Dr, MS 38 2 B, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 1799, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1626-34. 2008..Although activating mutations in KRAS, a small G-protein downstream of EGFR, correlate with poor response to anti-EGFR antibodies in mCRC, their role as a selection marker has not been established in randomized trials...
- REporting recommendations for tumour MARKer prognostic studies (REMARK)L M McShane
US National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Br J Cancer 93:387-91. 2005....
- Immunohistochemical and clinical characterization of the basal-like subtype of invasive breast carcinomaTorsten O Nielsen
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver Hospital and British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 10:5367-74. 2004..Currently, there exist clinical assays that identify ER+/luminal and HER2-overexpressing tumors, and we sought to develop a clinical assay for breast basal-like tumors...
- Reporting recommendations for tumor marker prognostic studies (REMARK)Lisa M McShane
Biometric Research Branch, National Cancer Institute, Executive Plaza North, 6130 Executive Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20892 7434, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1180-4. 2005....
- Network-based classification of breast cancer metastasisHan Yu Chuang
Bioinformatics Program, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Mol Syst Biol 3:140. 2007..We find that the subnetwork markers are more reproducible than individual marker genes selected without network information, and that they achieve higher accuracy in the classification of metastatic versus non-metastatic tumors...
- X-tile: a new bio-informatics tool for biomarker assessment and outcome-based cut-point optimizationRobert L Camp
Department of Pathology, Yale University, School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:7252-9. 2004....
- Gene expression and benefit of chemotherapy in women with node-negative, estrogen receptor-positive breast cancerSoonmyung Paik
Division of Pathology, Operations Center, and Biostatistical Center, National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3726-34. 2006..The relationship between the RS and chemotherapy benefit is not known...
- Strong time dependence of the 76-gene prognostic signature for node-negative breast cancer patients in the TRANSBIG multicenter independent validation seriesChristine Desmedt
Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Cancer Res 13:3207-14. 2007..The aims of this study conducted by TRANSBIG were to independently validate these results and to compare the outcome with clinical risk assessment...
- ASCO 2006 update of recommendations for the use of tumor markers in gastrointestinal cancerGershon Y Locker
American Society of Clinical Oncology Tumor Markers Expert Panel, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5313-27. 2006..To update the recommendations for the use of tumor marker tests in the prevention, screening, treatment, and surveillance of gastrointestinal cancers...
- EGFR and cancer prognosisR I Nicholson
Tenovus Cancer Research Centre, Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, Redwood Building, King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff CF10 3XF, UK
Eur J Cancer 37:S9-15. 2001..Finally, it is important to stress that failure to detect a prognostic significance for EGFR in any one cancer type does not necessarily preclude patients from benefiting from anti-EGFR therapies...
- Normalization of real-time quantitative reverse transcription-PCR data: a model-based variance estimation approach to identify genes suited for normalization, applied to bladder and colon cancer data setsClaus Lindbjerg Andersen
Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, DK 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Cancer Res 64:5245-50. 2004..The presented strategy can be applied to evaluate the suitability of any normalization gene candidate in any kind of experimental design and should allow more reliable normalization of RT-PCR data...
- Microarray analysis identifies a death-from-cancer signature predicting therapy failure in patients with multiple types of cancerGennadi V Glinsky
Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Clin Invest 115:1503-21. 2005....
- Bmi-1 is a novel molecular marker of nasopharyngeal carcinoma progression and immortalizes primary human nasopharyngeal epithelial cellsLi Bing Song
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China
Cancer Res 66:6225-32. 2006....
- Biomarkers in cancer staging, prognosis and treatment selectionJoseph A Ludwig
Genomics and Bioinformatics Group, Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 5:845-56. 2005..Understanding how and when biomarkers can be integrated into clinical care is crucial if we want to translate the promise into reality...
- Relevance of breast cancer cell lines as models for breast tumours: an updateMarc Lacroix
Laboratoire Jean Claude Heuson de Cancérologie Mammaire, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, Belgium
Breast Cancer Res Treat 83:249-89. 2004..Investigations on additional specific lines are expected to improve our knowledge of BCC and of the dialogue that these maintain with their surrounding normal cells in vivo...
- DNA repair by ERCC1 in non-small-cell lung cancer and cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapyKen A Olaussen
Laboratory of Radiobiology and Oncology, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Fontenay aux Roses, University of Paris 11, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 355:983-91. 2006..Adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy improves survival among patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancer, but there is no validated clinical or biologic predictor of the benefit of chemotherapy...
- Autoantibody signatures in prostate cancerXiaoju Wang
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
N Engl J Med 353:1224-35. 2005..New biomarkers, such as autoantibody signatures, may improve the early detection of prostate cancer...
- The PIK3CA gene is mutated with high frequency in human breast cancersKurtis E Bachman
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Johns Hopkins University, Department of Oncology, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 3:772-5. 2004..These results demonstrate that PIK3CA is the most mutated oncogene in breast cancer and support a role for PIK3CA in epithelial carcinogenesis...
- Cancer stem cells--perspectives on current status and future directions: AACR Workshop on cancer stem cellsMichael F Clarke
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Cancer Res 66:9339-44. 2006
- Epithelial versus mesenchymal phenotype determines in vitro sensitivity and predicts clinical activity of erlotinib in lung cancer patientsRobert L Yauch
Department of Molecular Diagnostics, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:8686-98. 2005..These data support a potential role for EMT as a determinant of EGFR activity in NSCLC tumor cells and E-cadherin expression as a novel biomarker predicting clinical activity of the EGFR inhibitor erlotinib in NSCLC patients...
- Proliferation marker Ki-67 in early breast cancerAnder Urruticoechea
Academic Department of Biochemistry, Royal Marsden Hospital, London SW3 6JJ, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 23:7212-20. 2005..However, its application as a pharmacodynamic intermediate marker of the effectiveness of medical therapy holds great promise for rapid evaluation of new drugs...
- Common markers of proliferationMichael L Whitfield
Department of Genetics and Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School, 7400 Remsen, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 6:99-106. 2006..Can the proliferation signature be used to improve our understanding of the cell cycle and cancer pathogenesis, as well as being used as a biomarker for cancer diagnosis and prognosis?..
- The cancer biomarker problemCharles L Sawyers
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10065, USA
Nature 452:548-52. 2008..One of the main barriers to further progress is identifying the biological indicators, or biomarkers, of cancer that predict who will benefit from a particular targeted therapy...
- Locoregional relapse and distant metastasis in conservatively managed triple negative early-stage breast cancerBruce G Haffty
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cancer Institute of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ 08903 2681, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5652-7. 2006..To determine the prognostic significance of triple negative breast cancers with respect to locoregional relapse and distant metastasis in conservatively managed breast cancer patients...
- Gene expression profiling identifies clinically relevant subtypes of prostate cancerJacques Lapointe
Department of Pathology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:811-6. 2004..Our results suggest that prostate tumors can be usefully classified according to their gene expression patterns, and these tumor subtypes may provide a basis for improved prognostication and treatment stratification...
- Gene expression profiling of primary cutaneous melanoma and clinical outcomeVeronique Winnepenninckx
Department of Pathology, Gustave Roussy Institute, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:472-82. 2006..To identify differentially expressed genes that may be involved in melanoma progression and prognosis, we investigated the relationship between gene expression profiles and clinical outcome in a cohort of patients with primary melanoma...
- Overexpression of p16(INK4A) as a specific marker for dysplastic and neoplastic epithelial cells of the cervix uteriR Klaes
Division of Molecular Diagnostics and Therapy, Department of Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 92:276-84. 2001..These data demonstrate that p16(INK4a) is a specific biomarker to identify dysplastic cervical epithelia in sections of cervical biopsy samples or cervical smears...
- Mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor gene predict prolonged survival after gefitinib treatment in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer with postoperative recurrenceTetsuya Mitsudomi
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Aichi Cancer Center Hospital, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
J Clin Oncol 23:2513-20. 2005..To evaluate the relationship between mutations of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) gene and the effectiveness of gefitinib treatment in patients with recurrent lung cancer after pulmonary resection...
- Three biomarkers identified from serum proteomic analysis for the detection of early stage ovarian cancerZhen Zhang
Department of Pathology, Biomarker Discovery Center, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 64:5882-90. 2004..These biomarkers demonstrated the potential to improve the detection of early stage ovarian cancer...
- Diagnostic assay based on hsa-miR-205 expression distinguishes squamous from nonsquamous non-small-cell lung carcinomaDanit Lebanony
Rosetta Genomics Ltd, 10 Plaut St, Rehovot 76706, Israel
J Clin Oncol 27:2030-7. 2009..In this study, we set out to identify specific microRNA biomarkers for the identification of squamous cell carcinoma, and to use such markers for the development of a standardized assay...
- The human plasma proteome: a nonredundant list developed by combination of four separate sourcesN Leigh Anderson
The Plasma Proteome Institute, Washington DC 20009 3450, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 3:311-26. 2004..The resulting nonredundant list confirms the presence of a number of interesting candidate marker proteins in plasma and serum...
- Antitumor activity and biomarker analysis of sunitinib in patients with bevacizumab-refractory metastatic renal cell carcinomaBrian I Rini
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology and Urology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Desk R35, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3743-8. 2008..To assess the safety and efficacy of sunitinib in patients with bevacizumab-refractory metastatic renal cell carcinoma (mRCC) and explore biomarkers for sunitinib response...
- MGMT promoter methylation and field defect in sporadic colorectal cancerLanlan Shen
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1330-8. 2005..The DNA repair gene O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) is frequently methylated in colorectal cancer. We hypothesized that MGMT methylation could be one of the mediators of field cancerization in the colon mucosa...
- Gene expression profiles and molecular markers to predict recurrence of Dukes' B colon cancerYixin Wang
Veridex, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1564-71. 2004..In this study, we used DNA chip technology to systematically identify new prognostic markers for tumor relapse in Dukes' B patients...
- Reporting of prognostic markers: current problems and development of guidelines for evidence-based practice in the futureR D Riley
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Br J Cancer 88:1191-8. 2003..Such changes in practice would help important evidence-based reviews to be conducted in order to establish the most appropriate prognostic markers for clinical use, which should ultimately improve patient care...
- Significant association of Rho/ROCK pathway with invasion and metastasis of bladder cancerTakao Kamai
Department of Urology, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 9:2632-41. 2003..We investigated the roles of Rho and ROCK in bladder cancer...
- Human epididymis protein 4 (HE4) is a secreted glycoprotein that is overexpressed by serous and endometrioid ovarian carcinomasRonny Drapkin
Department of Cancer Biology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Res 65:2162-9. 2005..Its expression in cortical inclusion cysts suggests that formation of Mullerian epithelium is a prerequisite step in the development of some types of EOCs...
- Urokinase plasminogen activator: a prognostic marker in multiple types of cancerM J Duffy
Department of Nuclear Medicine, St Vincent s Hospital, University College of Dublin, Ireland
J Surg Oncol 71:130-5. 1999..uPA is also prognostic in other malignancies, such as gastric, colorectal, esophageal, renal, endometrial, and ovarian cancers. uPA may thus be a prognostic indicator for multiple types of adenocarcinoma...
- Levels of TGF-alpha and EGFR protein in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma and patient survivalJ Rubin Grandis
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, and University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, PA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:824-32. 1998....
- Restoration of tumour suppressor hsa-miR-145 inhibits cancer cell growth in lung adenocarcinoma patients with epidermal growth factor receptor mutationWilliam C S Cho
Department of Clinical Oncology, Room 1305, 3 F, Block R, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, 30 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Eur J Cancer 45:2197-206. 2009..The present study focuses on the microRNA (miRNA) expression profiles of this important subset of lung cancer...
- Basal-like breast cancer defined by five biomarkers has superior prognostic value than triple-negative phenotypeMaggie C U Cheang
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, British Columbia Cancer Agency, and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 14:1368-76. 2008..This study directly compares the prognostic significance between three- and five-biomarker surrogate panels to define intrinsic breast cancer subtypes, using a large clinically annotated series of breast tumors...
- The polycomb group protein EZH2 is involved in progression of prostate cancerSooryanarayana Varambally
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nature 419:624-9. 2002..Thus, dysregulated expression of EZH2 may be involved in the progression of prostate cancer, as well as being a marker that distinguishes indolent prostate cancer from those at risk of lethal progression...
- Markers of DNA repair and susceptibility to cancer in humans: an epidemiologic reviewM Berwick
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:874-97. 2000..The evolving ability to study polymorphisms in DNA repair genes may contribute to new understandings about the mechanisms of DNA repair and the way in which DNA repair capacity affects the development of cancer...
- Unique microRNA molecular profiles in lung cancer diagnosis and prognosisNozomu Yanaihara
Laboratory of Human Carcinogenesis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 9:189-98. 2006..These results indicate that miRNA expression profiles are diagnostic and prognostic markers of lung cancer...
- Prognostic value of ERBB family mRNA expression in breast carcinomasIvan Bieche
Laboratoire d Oncogénétique INSERM E0017, Centre Rene Huguenin, St Cloud, France
Int J Cancer 106:758-65. 2003....
- Large-scale delineation of secreted protein biomarkers overexpressed in cancer tissue and serumJohn B Welsh
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, 10675 John Jay Hopkins Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:3410-5. 2003....
- Metalloproteinases: role in breast carcinogenesis, invasion and metastasisM J Duffy
Department of Nuclear Medicine, St Vincent s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Breast Cancer Res 2:252-7. 2000..Because MMPs are apparently involved in breast cancer initiation and dissemination, inhibition of these proteinases may be of value both in preventing breast cancer and in blocking metastasis of established tumours..
- HER-2 gene amplification can be acquired as breast cancer progressesSongdong Meng
Cancer Immunobiology Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:9393-8. 2004..e., 37.5% (95% confidence interval of 18.8-59.4%). Four of the 9 patients were treated with Herceptin-containing therapy. One had a complete response and 2 had a partial response...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors of the stomach: a clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular genetic study of 1765 cases with long-term follow-upMarkku Miettinen
Departments of Soft Tissue Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:52-68. 2005..The above results may be helpful for setting the criteria for adjuvant treatment such as Gleevec...
- Prognostic value of Ki67 expression after short-term presurgical endocrine therapy for primary breast cancerMitch Dowsett
Academic Department of Biochemistry, 4th Floor, Wallace Wing, The Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW3 6 JJ, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:167-70. 2007....
- Wild-type BRAF is required for response to panitumumab or cetuximab in metastatic colorectal cancerFederica Di Nicolantonio
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, The Oncogenomics Center, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, University of Torino, Medical School, Candiolo, Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:5705-12. 2008..Double-hit therapies aimed at simultaneous inhibition of epidermal growth factor receptor and BRAF warrant exploration in CRC patients carrying the V600E oncogenic mutation...
- Restoring E-cadherin expression increases sensitivity to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors in lung cancer cell linesSamir E Witta
Department of Medicine Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and University of Colorado Cancer Center, Campus Box 8117, PO Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Cancer Res 66:944-50. 2006..Thus, combined HDAC inhibitor and gefitinib treatment represents a novel pharmacologic strategy for overcoming resistance to EGFR inhibitors in patients with lung cancer...
- Molecular identification of an IgE-dependent histamine-releasing factorS M MacDonald
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Science 269:688-90. 1995..Polyclonal antibodies recognized and removed the biological activity of recombinant and native HRF. HRF identifies a heterogeneity of IgE and is believed to play a prominent role in chronic allergic disease processes...
- Regularized gene selection in cancer microarray meta-analysisShuangge Ma
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 10:1. 2009..The meta analysis of cancer microarray data is challenging because of the high dimensionality of gene expressions and the differences in experimental settings amongst different experiments...
- Cancer epigenomics: DNA methylomes and histone-modification mapsManel Esteller
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Spanish National Cancer Centre CNIO, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Nat Rev Genet 8:286-98. 2007..It is time to 'upgrade' cancer epigenetics research and put together an ambitious plan to tackle the many unanswered questions in this field using epigenomics approaches...
- The role of C-reactive protein as a prognostic indicator in advanced cancerFade Aziz Mahmoud
Taussig Cancer Center, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, M76, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 4:250-5. 2002..Measurement of CRP is simple, cheap, and routine and provides valuable information in palliative care...
- Promoter hypermethylation of multiple genes in sputum precedes lung cancer incidence in a high-risk cohortSteven A Belinsky
Lung Cancer Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
Cancer Res 66:3338-44. 2006....
- Micro-RNA profiling in kidney and bladder cancersFedra Gottardo
Department of Urology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Urol Oncol 25:387-92. 2007..To study the role of the micro-RNAs in human kidney and bladder cancer, we analyzed the expression profile of 245 micro-RNAs in kidney and bladder primary tumors...
- Diagnostic markers for early detection of ovarian cancerIrene Visintin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:1065-72. 2008..In this study, we characterize and validate the combination of six serum biomarkers that discriminate between disease-free and ovarian cancer patients with high efficiency...
- Transcriptional patterns, biomarkers and pathways characterizing nasopharyngeal carcinoma of Southern ChinaWeiyi Fang
Cancer Research Institute of Southern Medical University, Key Lab for Transcriptomics and Proteomics of Human Fatal Diseases Supported by Ministry of Education and Guangdong Province, 510515, PR China
J Transl Med 6:32. 2008....
- Gene expression profiling and histopathological characterization of triple-negative/basal-like breast carcinomasBas Kreike
Division of Radiation Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res 9:R65. 2007..We examined the histopathological and gene-expression profile of triple-negative tumors to define subgroups with specific characteristics, including risk of developing distant metastases...
- Expression of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha: a novel predictive and prognostic parameter in the radiotherapy of oropharyngeal cancerD M Aebersold
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Bern, Switzerland
Cancer Res 61:2911-6. 2001....
- Predictive value of tumor Ki-67 expression in two randomized trials of adjuvant chemoendocrine therapy for node-negative breast cancerGiuseppe Viale
Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, University of Milan, Via Ripamoniti 435, Milan, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:207-12. 2008..Thus, Ki-67 labeling index was an independent prognostic factor but was not predictive of better response to adjuvant chemotherapy in these studies...
- Evaluation of cumulative prognostic scores based on the systemic inflammatory response in patients with inoperable non-small-cell lung cancerL M Forrest
University Department of Surgery, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G31 2ER, UK
Br J Cancer 89:1028-30. 2003..001) was comparable in prognostic value to that based on stage and performance status (HR 1.48, 95% CI 1.12 - 1.95, P=0.006) in patients with inoperable non-small-cell lung cancer. The former is simple to measure and well standardised...
- Loss of Ep-CAM (CO17-1A) expression predicts survival in patients with gastric cancerI Songun
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 92:1767-72. 2005..Loss of Ep-CAM-expression identifies aggressive tumours especially in patients with stage I and II disease. This information may be helpful in selecting patients suitable for surgery or for additional treatment pre- or postoperatively...
- Prognostic factors in non-small cell lung cancer: a decade of progressMichael D Brundage
Department of Oncology, Radiation Oncology Research Unit, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Chest 122:1037-57. 2002....
- The use of multiple novel tumor biomarkers for the detection of ovarian carcinoma in patients with a pelvic massRichard G Moore
Women and Infants Hospital, Brown University, Providence, RI 02925, USA
Gynecol Oncol 108:402-8. 2008..Because elevated CA125 levels occur in many benign gynecologic conditions, we set out to identify other novel biomarkers that would increase the sensitivity and specificity of CA125...
- Levels of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha during breast carcinogenesisR Bos
Department of Pathology, Free University Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:309-14. 2001..Increased levels of HIF-1 alpha are associated with increased proliferation and increased expression of ER and VEGF. Thus, increased levels of HIF-1 alpha are potentially associated with more aggressive tumors...
- Identification of prognostic factors in patients with brain metastases: a review of 1292 patientsF J Lagerwaard
Department of Radiation Oncology, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, University Hospital Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 43:795-803. 1999..Prognostic factors in 1292 patients with brain metastases, treated in a single institution were identified in order to determine subgroups of patients suitable for selection in future trials...
- Genes expressed in human tumor endotheliumB St Croix
Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Science 289:1197-202. 2000..These studies demonstrate that tumor and normal endothelium are distinct at the molecular level, a finding that may have significant implications for the development of anti-angiogenic therapies...
- Hypermethylation of CpG islands in primary and metastatic human prostate cancerSrinivasan Yegnasubramanian
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231 1000, USA
Cancer Res 64:1975-86. 2004..Furthermore, CpG island hypermethylation patterns in prostate cancer metastases were very similar to the primary prostate cancers and tended to show greater differences between cases than between anatomical sites of metastasis...
- 2000 update of recommendations for the use of tumor markers in breast and colorectal cancer: clinical practice guidelines of the American Society of Clinical OncologyR C Bast
American Society of Clinical Oncology, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:1865-78. 2001..These guidelines are intended for use in the care of patients outside of clinical trials...
- Systematic review of carbohydrate antigen (CA 19-9) as a biochemical marker in the diagnosis of pancreatic cancerK S Goonetilleke
Department of Surgery, Hepatobiliary Surgical Unit, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:266-70. 2007..This systematic review examines studies using biochemical markers for the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer in order to appraise their role in contemporary management algorithms...
- A cohort study of tumoral LINE-1 hypomethylation and prognosis in colon cancerShuji Ogino
Center for Molecular Oncologic Pathology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:1734-8. 2008..In conclusion, tumoral LINE-1 hypomethylation is independently associated with shorter survival among colon cancer patients...
- Immunohistochemical characteristics of melanomaSteven J Ohsie
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Geffen UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1732, USA
J Cutan Pathol 35:433-44. 2008..Ki67 remains the most useful adjunct in distinguishing benign from malignant melanocytic tumors. None of the markers reviewed has been shown conclusively to have prognostic value for melanocytic neoplasms...
- Symbiotic bacteria direct expression of an intestinal bactericidal lectinHeather L Cash
Center for Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Science 313:1126-30. 2006..We propose that these proteins represent an evolutionarily primitive form of lectin-mediated innate immunity, and that they reveal intestinal strategies for maintaining symbiotic host-microbial relationships...
- Use of immunohistochemical markers can refine prognosis in triple negative breast cancerMarc Tischkowitz
Program in Cancer Genetics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BMC Cancer 7:134. 2007..The IHC pattern that best defines basal-like tumors is under investigation and various combinations of ER, PR, HER2-, CK5/6+ and EGFR+ have been tested...
- Enabling personalized cancer medicine through analysis of gene-expression patternsLaura J Van't Veer
Agendia BV, Louwesweg 6, 1066 EC Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nature 452:564-70. 2008..In particular, tests that predict the clinical outcome for patients on the basis of the genes expressed by their tumours are likely to increasingly affect patient management, heralding a new era of personalized medicine...
- Second international consensus on the methodology and criteria of evaluation of angiogenesis quantification in solid human tumoursP B Vermeulen
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Antwerp, Edegem, Antwerp, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 38:1564-79. 2002
- DNA methylation biomarkers for blood-based colorectal cancer screeningCatherine Lofton-Day
Epigenomics, Inc, Seattle, WA, USA
Clin Chem 54:414-23. 2008..We describe a sieving strategy for identifying high-performing marker assays that detect colorectal cancer (CRC)-specific methylated DNA in plasma...
- Penalized Cox regression analysis in the high-dimensional and low-sample size settings, with applications to microarray gene expression dataJiang Gui
Department of Statistics, University of California Davis, CA 95616, USA
Bioinformatics 21:3001-8. 2005..It would be desirable to have models with good prediction accuracy and parsimony property...
- Gene expression profiling of breast cell lines identifies potential new basal markersE Charafe-Jauffret
Marseille Cancer Institute, Laboratory of Molecular Oncology, Inserm Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Oncogene 25:2273-84. 2006....
- A novel multiple marker bioassay utilizing HE4 and CA125 for the prediction of ovarian cancer in patients with a pelvic massRichard G Moore
Program in Women s Oncology, Women and Infants Hospital, Brown University, Providence, RI 02925, USA
Gynecol Oncol 112:40-6. 2009..The objective of this trial was to validate a predictive model to assess the risk for EOC in women with a pelvic mass...
- High Ep-CAM expression is associated with poor prognosis in node-positive breast cancerGilbert Spizzo
Division of Haematology and Oncology, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Breast Cancer Res Treat 86:207-13. 2004....
- Breast cancer metastasis: markers and modelsBritta Weigelt
Division of Experimental Therapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Rev Cancer 5:591-602. 2005..These data have important implications for prognosis prediction and our understanding of metastasis...
- Self-renewal and solid tumor stem cellsMuhammad Al-Hajj
University of Michigan Medical School, CCGC Room 4410, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor 48109 0936, USA
Oncogene 23:7274-82. 2004..This suggests that agents that target the defective self-renewal pathways in cancer cells might lead to improved outcomes in the treatment of these diseases...
- Plk phosphorylation regulates the microtubule-stabilizing protein TCTPFrederic R Yarm
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:6209-21. 2002..These results suggest that phosphorylation decreases the microtubule-stabilizing activity of TCTP and promotes the increase in microtubule dynamics that occurs after metaphase...
- The Ki-67 protein: from the known and the unknownT Scholzen
Division of Molecular Immunology, Research Center Borstel, Germany
J Cell Physiol 182:311-22. 2000..There are indications, however, that Ki-67 protein expression is an absolute requirement for progression through the cell-division cycle...
- An immune response gene expression module identifies a good prognosis subtype in estrogen receptor negative breast cancerAndrew E Teschendorff
Breast Cancer Functional Genomics Laboratory, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute and Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0RE, UK
Genome Biol 8:R157. 2007..Reliable identification of ER-negative tumors that have a good prognosis is not yet possible...
- Specific morphological features predictive for the basal phenotype in grade 3 invasive ductal carcinoma of breastL G Fulford
The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, London, UK
Histopathology 49:22-34. 2006..Currently, they are not identified in routine practice and no morphological guidelines exist to aid their identification. The aim of this study was to analyse the histological features of CK14+ IDC...
- Early detection of ovarian cancerDonna Badgwell
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dis Markers 23:397-410. 2007..The development of technologies that measure multiple serum markers simultaneously, linked to the creation of statistical methods that enhance sensitivity without sacrificing specificity hold great promise...
- Predictive value of serum calcitonin levels for preoperative diagnosis of medullary thyroid carcinoma in a cohort of 5817 consecutive patients with thyroid nodulesGiuseppe Costante
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Clinica, Università Magna Graecia, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:450-5. 2007..Routine serum calcitonin (CT) measurement in patients with thyroid nodules for diagnosis of medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) is controversial...
- High-resolution mapping of DNA hypermethylation and hypomethylation in lung cancerTibor A Rauch
Divisions of Biology, Information Sciences, and Surgery, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:252-7. 2008..The results are consistent with a specific defect in methylation of repetitive DNA sequences in human cancer...
- Gene silencing in cancer in association with promoter hypermethylationJames G Herman
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, USA
N Engl J Med 349:2042-54. 2003
- Early Biomarkers of Lung cancer by Gene Array AnalysisSusan Boggs; Fiscal Year: 2003..Expression profiling is expected to provide a new approach for comparisons between normal and cancerous cells, as well as to suggest potential targets for intervention. ..
- DETERMINATION OF A NEW GROWTH FACTOR IN BREAST MILKDAVID TAPPER; Fiscal Year: 1992..a critical role in modulating both normal and abnormal cellular proliferation and may have potential as biological tumor markers. During our prior granting period, we identified specific growth factor activities in milk of substrains ..
- Phase II Study of 44Gy from 131I-81C6 for CNS TumorsDavid Reardon; Fiscal Year: 2004..To further define the toxicity of this approach and Specific Aim 3.To determine the impact of this therapy on quality of life. ..
- Colonoscopy Utilization in North CarolinaDavid Ransohoff; Fiscal Year: 2006..It may provide the basis to develop interventions to optimize the allocation of colonoscopy effort in programs of CRC screening and surveillance. ..
- Characterization of the Chromosome 17q23 AmpliconFergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the project may involve a complete transition from benchtop to bedside. Finally, the amplified and overexpressed genes may prove useful as important targets of gene, pharmacological, and immunological therapy in the future. ..
- P21 INDUCTION BY BRCA2Fergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CLINICAL RESEARCH CURRICULUMDavid Ransohoff; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Methodology of Phase I and II trials of anticancer CAMAndrew Vickers; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Treatment of Breast Cancer with IGFBP1Douglas Yee; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our long-term goal is to prove that the IGFs are key targets for the treatment of breast cancer. By optimizing IGF neutralization strategies, we will be prepared to move this anti-IGF strategy into the clinic. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF ARA-C THERAPY IN MANDonald Kufe; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Non-viral Cutaneous Gene DeliveryMohammed Kashani Sabet; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will determine whether efficient expression of the XPC gene in mice will alter the response to UV-mediated DNA damage. ..
- Luminal Lipid Exposure, Genetics and Colon Cancer RiskIkuko Kato; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, accumulated dietary data and biological specimens will serve as an important resource for future research on other nutrient-gene interactions. ..
- GREENBAUM CANCER CENTER, UNIVERSITY OF MARYLANDKevin Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2004..The P-20 is a crucial landmark and will provide support to advance programmatic activities and enhance translational research towards the goal of a P-30 Grant Award. ..
- Prognostic Markers in Trials for Head and Neck CancerKevin Cullen; Fiscal Year: 2005..3. To develop tissue microarrays based on the samples in specific aims 1 and 2 for focused screening and validation of additional cellular factors as determinants of clinical response and outcome. ..
- Human Gut Microflora Profiling for Population StudiesJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- GLUTATHIONE TRANSFERASES IN HUMANS: DIETARY INFLUENCESJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Screening for Colorectal Cancer: An Integrated ApproachKathryn Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will focus particularly on the influence of (a) utilization rates (Aim #1) and (b) patient preferences for current and new screening methods (Aim #2). ..
- CARCINOGENIC CYCLIC NITROSAMINE DNA ADDUCTSStephen S Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research is significant because of the known human exposure to these carcinogens through the diet, tobacco products, and endogenous formation. ..
- Determinants of Resistance to Erlotinib in NSCLCRoman Perez Soler; Fiscal Year: 2010..To confirm the predictive value of the algorithm in a group of patients with chemoresistant NSCLC selected for their high probability of achieving a response or stable disease with single agent erlotinib therapy. ..
- CaP Metastasis Biomarkers: Validation/Genomics/BiologyPamela Paris; Fiscal Year: 2009..von Eschenbach. ..
- THE EFFECT OF LYCOPENE ON IGF-1 ACTIVITY AND SECRETION IN PRIMARY CULTURES OF PROLarisa Nonn; Fiscal Year: 2008..Once we have determined lycopene's effect on the IGF-1-induced actions in normal prostatic cells, this effect will be compared to those on cells derived from adenocarcinoma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pilot Study of Genetic and Psychosocial Determinants of HPA ResponsivityJoanne Dorgan; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- O-GlcNAc:Developing New Tool for Assessment of GlycemiaGerald Hart; Fiscal Year: 2008..The project also represents a new inter-disciplinary, inter-departmental basic science-clinical research collaboration between Biological Chemistry and The Department of Medicine. ..
- Inflammatory Markers in a 2-Year Soy Intervention among Premenopausal WomenGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2008..The statistical analysis will apply general linear models to compare the levels of inflammatory markers by soy intake, while taking into account the repeated measurement design. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast Cancer, Benign Breast Disease, and Isoflavone Metabolism in Chinese WomenJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Interaction of PTEN and CDKN1B in Pca susceptibilityJianfeng Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results from this study are likely to significant advance our knowledge of prostate cancer risk and begin to explore the underlying biological mechanisms for any observed differences. ..
- Image-Guided Pro-Drug/Enzyme TherapyZaver Bhujwalla; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Association of inflammatory genes and prostate cancerJianfeng Xu; Fiscal Year: 2008..Answers to these questions will significantly improve our knowledge of the role of inflammation in prostate cancer and will guide our efforts in identifying additional prostate cancer genes. ..
- Aspartame Intake and the Risk of CancerEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our results may help decision-makers formulate guidelines and direct future aspartame studies. Even a null finding would be important in this context. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VIRAHEP-C Clinical CenterAnna Lok; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- NESTED CASE CONTROL STUDY OF MAMMOGRAPHIC DENSITYGertraud Maskarinec; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Genetic Etiologies of Esophageal Barrett's and CancerCharis Eng; Fiscal Year: 2003..This might facilitate molecular diagnostics and early prediction as well as targeted surveillance and prophylaxis. ..
- MULTIDICIPLINARY FUNCTIONAL IMAGING OF CANCERZaver Bhujwalla; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- ENGINEERED THYMIDINE KINASES FOR CANCER GENE THERAPYRichard Drake; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF SIGNALING BY IONIZING RADIATIONDonald Kufe; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Hormone Status Postmenopause: Colonic Bacterial EffectsJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this study will provide novel data regarding the relationship of the equol-producer phenotype, a marker of colonic nticrofloral environment, to lifetime estrogen exposure. ..
- Bladder Cancer and Urinary Schistosomiasis in GhanaClive Shiff; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CATIONIC LIPID/P53 GENE THERAPY IN LUNG CANCER PATIENTSRoman Perez Soler; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this study will provide initial but very valuable information on the potential use of this new strategy in the treatment of bronchial premalignancy, carcinoma in situ, and endobronchial lung tumors. ..
- METABOLISM OF CARCINOGENIC TOBACCO SPECIFIC NITROSAMINESStephen Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- USE OF CANCER SCREENING IN A MANAGED CARE ENVIRONMENTKathryn Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2002..The findings will therefore have implications not only for the types of screening examined in this study but also for other health care services. ..
- DNA Damage: Fruit & Vegetable Effects in a Feeding TrialJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2005..The existing intervention provides an ideal design in which to evaluate the relationships between biotransformation enzyme systems and DNA damage in humans. ..
- Genetic Susceptibility to Infection Related CancerIkuko Kato; Fiscal Year: 2005..Secondary aims include to examine histopathological correlates of these polymorphisms and to determine whether selected environmental factors modify the above associations. ..
- HOST GENES AND COLONIC BACTERIA--PROBING FOR INHERITANCEJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2002..If we can establish that the equol-producer phenotype is an inherited trait, we can then work to identify the associated genotype and determine more effectively whether this is a biomarker of breast cancer risk. ..
- Telomere dysfunction, oxidative damage and breast cancer riskJing Shen; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CORI: Consortium Expansion and Database EnhancementDavid Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Screening for colortectal cancer in an Asian Community CenterDavid Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is a new paradigm for screening, which takes advantage of the trust and cultural awareness that exists at the community center and does not rely on the primary care provider. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oral Cancer, Chemoprevention, and Anti-AngiogenesisMark Lingen; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Profiling of Premalignant Oral LesionsMark Lingen; Fiscal Year: 2008..This molecular analysis may also greatly improve diagnostic prediction compared to the cellular pattern recognition currently used by pathologists. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Analysis to enhance sensitivity for membrane proteinsSamir Hanash; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Depo-Provera and Breast Cancer: Epidemiology/PathologyChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..such as parity and body mass index, modify this association?;and (3) Does the association between DMPA and breast cancer risk vary by histologic type or by the expression of steroid receptors including ERq, ERft, and PR? ..
- KALLIKREINS AS DIAGNOSTIC MARKERS OF OVARIAN CARCINOMAEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Human Kallikrein 4 (hK4): A New Prostatic Biomarker?Eleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, our research will contribute to the development of new prostatic biomarkers and possibly, to better diagnosis which may lead to better clinical outcomes and reduced healthcare costs. ..
- A Serum Marker for Aggressive Prostate CancerDonna M Peehl; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ER Reporter Genes To Predict Response To Endocrine TherapyWILLIAM SYMMANS; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- c-erbB-2 and Risk of Contralateral Breast CancerChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Automated Tissue ArrayerMark Lingen; Fiscal Year: 2004..An already established Internal Advisory Committee will oversee an equitable and appropriate use by a broad disciplinary group of scientists while giving priority to NIH-supported groups. ..
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF ANGIOGENSIS IN ORAL CANCERMark Lingen; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- A New Biomarker for Ovarian Cancer DetectionEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this grant proposal, we describe further studies, which will examine in greater detail, the ability of a test for the amount of this protein in blood to correctly diagnose the presence of ovarian cancer. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms in the Treatment of NeuroblastomaValerie Castle; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Protein Biomarkers of Cancer Risk in Older PersonsChristopher Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HUPO 2nd Annual World Congress Montreal 2003Samir Hanash; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- TUMOR CELLS IN CIRCULATIONErkki Ruoslahti; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, the ability to eliminate tumor cells from the circulation by sFN administration may provide additional protection against tumor cell transfer in bone marrow transplantation used to treat cancer and against tumor metastasis. ..
- TISSUE TARGETING WITH PHAGE LIBRARIESErkki Ruoslahti; Fiscal Year: 2001..Major advances in tumor therapies could be realized with this technology. Valuable information on the distinguishing characteristics of different vascular beds, including those undergoing angiogenesis, is also likely to ensue. ..
- INTEGRIN REGULATION BY R-RASErkki Ruoslahti; Fiscal Year: 2002..As the R-ras interactions we have uncovered are novel for the Ras protein superfamily, new information on this important family of cellular regulators and oncoproteins will ensue. ..
- Colorectal Cancer Screening: Fecal Blood vs DNADavid Ahlquist; Fiscal Year: 2004..If the DNA-based test proves to have greater screening accuracy than fecal blood testing, this could translate into more effective cancer control and more efficient use of our limited health care resources. ..
- A hypoxia-dependent adenovirus for glioma therapyErwin Van Meir; Fiscal Year: 2005..The translation of these preclinical studies have the potential to directly benefit human health by improving the survival of cancer patients. ..
- BIOLOGIC MODIFIER THERAPIES IN AIDS MALIGNANCIESManisha Shah; Fiscal Year: 2004..Collectively, this application provides enhanced strength in intellectual contributions and patient accrual for the AMC, compared to our previous application. ..
- CALGB STUDIES OF BREAST CANCER IN THE ELDERLYRichard Schilsky; Fiscal Year: 2004..This well integrated project provides a multidisciplinary approach that will address many issues relevant to the treatment of elderly women with breast cancer. ..
- Targeting RAF and VEGF Signaling in Thyroid CancerManisha Shah; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Changes Associated with PCa bone metastasesKenneth Pienta; Fiscal Year: 2006..This knowledge could lead to the development of better biomarkers of disease progression as well as targets for therapy. ..
- Regulation of Apoptosis by IntegrinsErkki Ruoslahti; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cells that become malignant may bypass this pathway in becoming anchorage independent and metastatic. ..
- Hypoxia as a target for the treatment of brain tumorsErwin Van Meir; Fiscal Year: 2003..The translation of these preclinical studies have the potential to directly benefit human health by improving the survival of children and adults with cancer. ..
- Assessing Treatment-Related Harms in Prostate CancerH Welch; Fiscal Year: 2007..The entire process will be repeated on a cohort of men who receive a transurethral resection of the prostate. ..
- Molecular Specialization of Tumor LymphaticsErkki Ruoslahti; Fiscal Year: 2008..Promising compounds emerging from these experiments will be tested in pre-clinical cancer models for treatment of cancer and prevention of metastasis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FTI Biology & Treatment of Myeloproliferative DisordersJason Gotlib; Fiscal Year: 2005..If clinically efficacious, further studies of R115777 in MPDs will be warranted...
- ANGIOGENESIS INHIBITORS: A MECHANISM OF ACTIONErkki Ruoslahti; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study may provide important information on the mechanism of action of a class of angiogenesis inhibitors, information that may prove helpful in designing clinical trials for these compounds. [unreadable] [unreadable]..