Genomes and Genes
neural cell adhesion molecule l1
Summary: A member of the immunoglobulin superfamily of neuronal cell adhesion molecules that is required for proper nervous system development. Neural cell adhesion molecule L1 consists of six Ig domains, five fibronectin domains, a transmembrane region and an intracellular domain. Two splicing variants are known: a neuronal form that contains a four-amino acid RSLE sequence in the cytoplasmic domain, and a non-neuronal form that lacks the RSLE sequence. Mutations in the L1 gene result in L1 disease. Neural cell adhesion molecule L1 is predominantly expressed during development in neurons and Schwann cells; involved in cell adhesion, neuronal migration, axonal growth and pathfinding, and myelination.
Publications288 found, 100 shown here
- Combined treatment of L1CAM antibodies and cytostatic drugs improve the therapeutic response of pancreatic and ovarian carcinomaHeiner Schäfer
Department of Internal Medicine I, Laboratory of Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, UKSH Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Cancer Lett 319:66-82. 2012....
- Polysialic acid-neural cell adhesion molecule in brain plasticity: from synapses to integration of new neuronsEduardo Gascon
Department of Neuroscience, University of Geneva Medical School, 1, rue Michel Servet, CH 1211, Geneva, Switzerland
Brain Res Rev 56:101-18. 2007..In this review, we discuss the role and mode of actions of PSA-NCAM in structural plasticity as well as its potential link to cognitive processes...
- Pathological missense mutations of neural cell adhesion molecule L1 affect neurite outgrowth and branching on an L1 substrateLing Cheng
Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 27:522-30. 2004..Some pathological mutations have little effect on L1 mediated neurite growth, so it is unlikely that a failure of L1-mediated neurite outgrowth is the principle cause of brain defects in patients with L1 mutations...
- Cell adhesion molecule L1 disrupts E-cadherin-containing adherens junctions and increases scattering and motility of MCF7 breast carcinoma cellsMichael Shtutman
Cancer Center, Ordway Research Institute, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Cancer Res 66:11370-80. 2006..Based on these results, we propose a model for the role of L1 as a trigger of EMT-like events in transformed epithelial cells...
- L1CAM malfunction in the nervous system and human carcinomasMichael K E Schäfer
Center for Neurosciences, Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 67:2425-37. 2010..We further discuss how the available data on gene regulation, molecular interactions and posttranslational processing of L1 may contribute to a better understanding of associated neurological and cancerous diseases...
- A role for exosomes in the constitutive and stimulus-induced ectodomain cleavage of L1 and CD44Alexander Stoeck
Tumor Immunology Programme, D010, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Biochem J 393:609-18. 2006..Our findings open up the possibility that exosomes serve as a platform for ectodomain shedding and as a vehicle for the cellular export of soluble molecules...
- p75 neurotrophin receptor expression defines a population of BDNF-responsive neurogenic precursor cellsKaylene M Young
Queensland Brain Institute, The University of Queensland, Brisbane QLD 4072, Australia
J Neurosci 27:5146-55. 2007....
- The Drosophila L1CAM homolog Neuroglian signals through distinct pathways to control different aspects of mushroom body axon developmentTim Goossens
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics, Department of Human Genetics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Development 138:1595-605. 2011..Furthermore, genetic analyses show that the role of NRG in different aspects of MB axonal development not only involves PYD, but also TRIO, SEMA-1A and RAC1...
- Disrupted Schwann cell-axon interactions in peripheral nerves of mice with altered L1-integrin interactionsKyoko Itoh
Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 30:624-9. 2005..Taken together, it is likely that L1 on axons binds integrins on Schwann cells, resulting in interactions between axons and Schwann cells that are essential for ensheathment and myelination...
- Expression of PSA-NCAM and synaptic proteins in the amygdala of psychiatric disorder patientsEmilio Varea
Neurobiology Unit and Program in Basic and Applied Neurosciences, Cell Biology Dpt, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
J Psychiatr Res 46:189-97. 2012..These results indicate that inhibitory and excitatory amygdaloid circuits are affected in these disorders and that abnormal PSA-NCAM expression in depressive and bipolar patients may underlie these alterations...
- Integrin-associated protein is a ligand for the P84 neural adhesion moleculeP Jiang
Department of Neurobiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 274:559-62. 1999..Because IAP has been implicated in cell signaling in cells of the immune system, P84 and IAP represent a heterophilic binding pair that is likely to be involved in bi-directional signaling at the synapse and in other tissues...
- Effects of chronic stress on contextual fear conditioning and the hippocampal expression of the neural cell adhesion molecule, its polysialylation, and L1C Sandi
Department of Psychobiology, Universidad Nacional de Educacion a Distancia, Ciudad Universitaria s n, 28040, Madrid, Spain
Neuroscience 102:329-39. 2001..They also indicate that cell adhesion molecules might play a role in the structural remodelling that occurs in the hippocampus as a consequence of chronic stress exposure...
- Chronic stress induces changes in the structure of interneurons and in the expression of molecules related to neuronal structural plasticity and inhibitory neurotransmission in the amygdala of adult miceJavier Gilabert-Juan
Neurobiology Unit and Program in Basic and Applied Neurosciences, Cell Biology Dpt, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
Exp Neurol 232:33-40. 2011..The addition of PSA to NCAM by St8SiaII may be involved in these changes...
- Prognostic significance of L1CAM in ovarian cancer and its role in constitutive NF-κB activationS Bondong
Department of Translational Immunology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Ann Oncol 23:1795-802. 2012..We tested L1CAM and interleukin-1 beta (IL-1β) expression in tumor samples and ascitic fluid from ovarian carcinoma patients to examine its role as a prognostic marker...
- L1-mediated colon cancer cell metastasis does not require changes in EMT and cancer stem cell markersNancy Gavert
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, P O Box 26, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Mol Cancer Res 9:14-24. 2011..We previously identified the neural cell adhesion molecule L1 as a target gene of β-catenin/TCF in CRC cells...
- Amygdalar expression of proteins associated with neuroplasticity in major depression and suicideMarissa E Maheu
Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Verdun, QC, Canada Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Psychiatr Res 47:384-90. 2013..The purpose of the present study was to investigate whether the expression of proteins involved in neuroplasticity is altered in the amygdala of individuals with depression...
- Brain development in mice lacking L1-L1 homophilic adhesionKyoko Itoh
Department of Neuroscience, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Cell Biol 165:145-54. 2004....
- Alterations in the expression of PSA-NCAM and synaptic proteins in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex of psychiatric disorder patientsJavier Gilabert-Juan
Neurobiology Unit and Program in Basic and Applied Neurosciences, Cell Biology Dpt, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
Neurosci Lett 530:97-102. 2012....
- Morpho-functional characterization of neuronal cells at different stages of maturation in granule cell layer of adult rat dentate gyrusPatrizia Ambrogini
Istituto di Scienze Fisiologiche, Universita degli Studi di Urbino, Carlo Bo, Crocicchia, I 61029 Urbino, Italy
Brain Res 1017:21-31. 2004..Finally, cells showing electrophysiological, synaptic, and morphological features of mature granule, expressing the mature neuron marker NeuN, were identified...
- Generation and nuclear translocation of sumoylated transmembrane fragment of cell adhesion molecule L1David Lutz
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:17161-75. 2012....
- Aberrant l1 cell adhesion molecule affects tumor behavior and chemosensitivity in anaplastic thyroid carcinomaKoon Soon Kim
Research Center for Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Chungnam National University School of Medicine, Daejeon, South Korea
Clin Cancer Res 18:3071-8. 2012..Molecular targets of ATC that determine its highly aggressive nature remain unidentified. This study investigated L1 cell adhesion molecule (L1CAM) expression and its role in tumorigenesis of ATCs...
- L1CAM: a major driver for tumor cell invasion and motilityHelena Kiefel
Translational Immunology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Adh Migr 6:374-84. 2012....
- L1 cell adhesion molecule is a novel therapeutic target in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaJeong Ki Min
Therapeutic Antibody Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Chungnam National University School of Medicine, Daejon, Korea
Clin Cancer Res 16:3571-80. 2010..Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC), a highly malignant hepatobiliary cancer, has a poor prognosis and is refractory to conventional therapies. The aim of this study is to discover a novel molecular target for the treatment of ICC...
- Structural mechanism of the antigen recognition by the L1 cell adhesion molecule antibody A10-A3Chun Hua Wei
Department of Bio Engineering, Hanyang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 585:153-8. 2011..The data presented here should contribute to the design of high-affinity antibody for therapeutic purposes as well as to the understanding of neural cell remodeling and cancer progression mechanism mediated by L1CAM...
- Cryo-electron tomography of homophilic adhesion mediated by the neural cell adhesion molecule L1Yongning He
Division of Biology 114 96, California Institute of Technology, 1200 East California Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Structure 17:460-71. 2009The neural cell adhesion molecule L1 participates in homophilic interactions important for axon guidance and neuronal development...
- Ectopic expression of polysialylated neural cell adhesion molecule in adult macaque Schwann cells promotes their migration and remyelination potential in the central nervous systemC Bachelin
Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S975, Paris, France
Brain 133:406-20. 2010..These results underline the potential therapeutic benefit to genetically modify Schwann cells to overcome their poor migration capacity and promote their repair potential in demyelinating disorders of the central nervous system...
- Efficient inhibition of intra-peritoneal tumor growth and dissemination of human ovarian carcinoma cells in nude mice by anti-L1-cell adhesion molecule monoclonal antibody treatmentMatthias J E Arlt
Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Institut für Experimentelle Onkologie und Therapieforschung, Ismaninger Strasse 22, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Cancer Res 66:936-43. 2006....
- Growth-associated protein GAP-43 and L1 act synergistically to promote regenerative growth of Purkinje cell axons in vivoYi Zhang
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:14883-8. 2005....
- Non-granule PSA-NCAM immunoreactive neurons in the rat hippocampusJuan Nacher
Harold and Margaret Milliken Hatch Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, Rockefeller University, York Avenue 1230, New York, NY 10021, USA
Brain Res 930:1-11. 2002..The presence of the polysialylated form of NCAM in these neurons could indicate that they are undergoing continuous remodeling during adulthood and may have an important role in hippocampal structural plasticity...
- The polysialylated form of the neural cell adhesion molecule (PSA-NCAM) is expressed in a subpopulation of mature cortical interneurons characterized by reduced structural features and connectivityMaria Angeles Gomez-Climent
Neurobiology Unit and Program in Basic and Applied Neurosciences, Department of Cell Biology, Universitat de Valencia, 46100 Burjassot, Spain
Cereb Cortex 21:1028-41. 2011..These data indicate that PSA-NCAM expression is important for the connectivity of interneurons in the adult cerebral cortex and that its regulation may play an important role in the structural plasticity of inhibitory networks...
- Peptide-mediated protection from ethanol-induced neural tube defectsShao Yu Chen
Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies and Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7178, USA
Dev Neurosci 27:13-9. 2005..These findings demonstrate the ability of NAP and SAL to prevent ethanol-induced NTDs and support the hypothesis that ethanol teratogenesis is caused in part by ethanol inhibition of L1-mediated cell adhesion...
- High expression of inhibitory receptor SHPS-1 and its association with protein-tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1 in macrophagesA Veillette
McGill Cancer Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1Y6
J Biol Chem 273:22719-28. 1998..Taken together, these findings indicate that SHPS-1 is likely to play a significant role in macrophages, at least partially as a consequence of its capacity to recruit SHP-1...
- L1 and NCAM adhesion molecules as signaling coreceptors in neuronal migration and process outgrowthRalf S Schmid
Center for Drug Discovery and Department of Neurobiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27704, USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 18:245-50. 2008..We will also discuss how dysregulation of CAMs may also bear on neuropsychiatric disease and cancer...
- Copper-67 radioimmunotherapy and growth inhibition by anti-L1-cell adhesion molecule monoclonal antibodies in a therapy model of ovarian cancer metastasisKarin Knogler
Center for Radiopharmaceutical Science, ETH PSI USZ, Paul Scherrer Institute, CH 5232 Villigen, Switzerland
Clin Cancer Res 13:603-11. 2007..We examined the tumor-targeting and therapeutic effects of (67)Cu-labeled single amino acid mutant forms of anti-L1 monoclonal antibody chCE7 in nude mice with orthotopically implanted SKOV3ip human ovarian carcinoma cells...
- Kinetic analysis of L1 homophilic interaction: role of the first four immunoglobulin domains and implications on binding mechanismRicardo M Gouveia
Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, Avenida da República, Apartado 127, 2780 157 Oeiras, Portugal
J Biol Chem 283:28038-47. 2008..Furthermore, they are compatible with a cooperative interaction between modules Ig1-Ig4 in a horseshoe conformation...
- L1 cell adhesion molecules as regulators of tumor cell invasivenessPriscila F Siesser
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7260, USA
Cell Adh Migr 3:275-7. 2009..Despite the promising advances in cancer basic research, a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms dictating L1-mediated signaling is needed for the development of effective therapeutic treatment for cancer patients...
- Overexpression of the cell adhesion molecule L1 is associated with metastasis in cutaneous malignant melanomaAnka Thies
Institut fur Anatomie, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Cancer 38:1708-16. 2002..The functional role of L1 was further stressed by the fact that its expression was preserved in metastatic lesions...
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK)-dependent gene expression contributes to L1 cell adhesion molecule-dependent motility and invasionSteve Silletti
Department of Pediatrics, The Whittier Institute, and Moores Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 279:28880-8. 2004..This study provides a novel translational mechanism to account for the association between L1 expression and motile processes involved in metastasis and development...
- Up-regulation of L1CAM in pancreatic duct cells is transforming growth factor beta1- and slug-dependent: role in malignant transformation of pancreatic cancerClaudia Geismann
Clinic of Internal Medicine, Laboratory of Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, UKSH Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Cancer Res 69:4517-26. 2009..Our data provide new insights into the mechanisms of tumoral L1CAM induction and how PMFs contribute to malignant transformation of pancreatic duct cells early in PDAC tumorigenesis...
- PSA-NCAM expression in the human prefrontal cortexEmilio Varea
Neurobiology Unit and Program in Basic and Applied Neurosciences, Cell Biology Department, Universitat de Valencia, Dr Moliner 50, Burjassot 46100, Spain
J Chem Neuroanat 33:202-9. 2007..Since this molecule has been linked to the neuronal remodeling found in experimental models of depression, it may also participate in the structural plasticity described in the PFC of depressed patients...
- Chronic antidepressant treatment selectively increases expression of plasticity-related proteins in the hippocampus and medial prefrontal cortex of the ratM Sairanen
Sigrid Jusélius Laboratory, Neuroscience Center, University of Helsinki, P O Box 56, 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Neuroscience 144:368-74. 2007..Taken together, the results of the present study suggest that antidepressant treatment increases synaptic plasticity and connectivity in brain regions associated with mood disorders...
- Distribution of PSA-NCAM expression in the amygdala of the adult ratJ Nacher
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuroscience 113:479-84. 2002..PSA-NCAM expression in the lateral amygdala could indicate its participation in the plastic events that lead to the generation of emotional memories such as those related to fear conditioning...
- Human L1CAM carrying the missense mutations of the fibronectin-like type III domains is localized in the endoplasmic reticulum and degraded by polyubiquitylationKouichi Itoh
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neurosciences, Kagawa School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokushima Bunri University, Sanuki City, Kagawa, Japan
J Neurosci Res 89:1637-45. 2011Any mutations in the human neural cell adhesion molecule L1 (hL1CAM) gene might cause various types of serious neurological syndromes in humans, characterized by increased mortality, mental retardation, and various malformations of the ..
- L1 is highly expressed in tumors of the nervous system: a study of over 8000 human tissuesTamina Rawnaq
Department of General, Visceral and Thoracic Surgery, University Medical Center, Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
J Surg Res 173:314-9. 2012..It thus represents a target for tumor diagnosis and therapy. In this study, we assessed L1 expression in more than 8000 normal human tissues and different types of tumors, both malignant and non-malignant, and neural and non-neural...
- Neural cell adhesion molecule-associated polysialic acid inhibits NR2B-containing N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors and prevents glutamate-induced cell deathMartin S L Hammond
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie Hamburg and Institut für Neurophysiologie und Pathophysiologie, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:34859-69. 2006..These observations indicate that the cell adhesion molecule-associated glycan polysialic acid is able to prevent excitotoxicity via inhibition of NR2B subunit-containing NMDA receptors...
- Chronic restraint stress down-regulates amygdaloid expression of polysialylated neural cell adhesion moleculeM I Cordero
Department of Biological Sciences, The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, UK
Neuroscience 133:903-10. 2005..Furthermore, these finding provide the first clear evidence that life experiences can regulate the expression of polysialylated neural cell adhesion molecule in the amygdaloid complex...
- The cytoplasmic part of L1-CAM controls growth and gene expression in human tumors that is reversed by therapeutic antibodiesD Gast
Tumor Immunology Programme, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Oncogene 27:1281-9. 2008..These findings provide a rationale for the mode of action of L1 antibodies and suggest that interference with L1 function could become a valuable target for therapy...
- The interaction between cell adhesion molecule L1, matrix metalloproteinase 14, and adenine nucleotide translocator at the plasma membrane regulates L1-mediated neurite outgrowth of murine cerebellar neuronsGabriele Loers
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Neurosci 32:3917-30. 2012..Thus, our results indicate that plasma membrane-localized ANT1 and ANT2 regulate L1-mediated neurite outgrowth in conjunction with MMP14...
- Binding of the transcription factor Slug to the L1CAM promoter is essential for transforming growth factor-β1 (TGF-β)-induced L1CAM expression in human pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma cellsClaudia Geismann
Department of Internal Medicine 1, Laboratory of Molecular Gastroenterology and Hepatology, UKSH Campus Kiel, Arnold Heller Strasse 3, Bldg 6, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Int J Oncol 38:257-66. 2011..Moreover, our study is the first one describing the control of the human L1CAM promoter in tumor cells...
- Targeting l1 cell adhesion molecule using lentivirus-mediated short hairpin RNA interference reverses aggressiveness of oral squamous cell carcinomaShiao Chen Hung
Graduate Institute of Cancer Biology and Center for Molecular Medicine, China Medical University and Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Pharm 7:2312-23. 2010..Our findings suggested that L1CAM is a critical mediator of tumor progression in OSCC, and targeting L1CAM using lentivirus-mediated shRNA may be a useful molecular pharmaceutical approach for the treatment of advanced OSCC...
- Reduced GABAergic transmission and number of hippocampal perisomatic inhibitory synapses in juvenile mice deficient in the neural cell adhesion molecule L1Armen K Saghatelyan
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitat Hamburg, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 26:191-203. 2004..Here, we investigated the role of the neural cell adhesion molecule L1 in regulation of basal synaptic transmission and plasticity in the CA1 area of the hippocampus of ..
- L1-CAM in cancerous tissuesNancy Gavert
Weizmann Institute of Science, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Rehovot, Israel
Expert Opin Biol Ther 8:1749-57. 2008..While originally believed to be present only in brain cells, in recent years L1-CAM has been detected in other tissues, and in a variety of cancer cells, including some common types of human cancer...
- Rabex-5 protein regulates the endocytic trafficking pathway of ubiquitinated neural cell adhesion molecule L1Yoshikatsu Aikawa
Laboratory of Neural Membrane Biology, Graduate School of Brain Science, Doshisha University, 1 3 Miyakodani, Kyotanabe, Kyoto 610 0394, Japan
J Biol Chem 287:32312-23. 2012..Overall, these results provide a novel mechanistic insight into how Rabex-5 regulates internalization and postendocytic trafficking of ubiquitinated L1 destined for lysosomal degradation...
- Missense mutations in the extracellular domain of the human neural cell adhesion molecule L1 reduce neurite outgrowth of murine cerebellar neuronsPiret Michelson
Institute of Human Genetics, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Hum Mutat 20:481-2. 2002..All four mutations were associated with reduced stimulation of neurite outgrowth. Measurement of neurite outgrowth on transfected substrate cells may be a suitable model for studying neurodevelopmental disturbances...
- The role of cytoplasmic serine residues of the cell adhesion molecule L1 in neurite outgrowth, endocytosis, and cell migrationM Schultheis
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Animal Sciences, University of Bonn, Katzenburgweg 9a, 53115, Bonn, Germany
Cell Mol Neurobiol 27:11-31. 2007..Furthermore, mutation of ser-1181 to leucine results in strongly enhanced antibody-induced endocytosis of L1 and also in enhanced cell migration...
- Developmental regulation of neural cell adhesion molecule in human prefrontal cortexE T Cox
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Neuroscience 162:96-105. 2009....
- Pathomechanistic characterization of two exonic L1CAM variants located in trans in an obligate carrier of X-linked hydrocephalusMariola Marx
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Center for Neurosciences, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Neurogenetics 13:49-59. 2012..The poly-ubiquitination of L1-W635C and its association with the ER chaperone calnexin provide further insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying defective cell surface trafficking of L1CAM in L1 syndrome...
- L1 cell adhesion molecule and epidermal growth factor receptor activation confer cisplatin resistance in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma cellsHyunho Yoon
Therapeutic Antibody Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Cancer Lett 316:70-6. 2012..Inhibition of EGFR activation or L1ACM greatly sensitized the cells to cisplatin. EGFR and L1CAM may be important targets for ICC therapy...
- Activation of EGF receptor kinase by L1-mediated homophilic cell interactionsRafique Islam
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:2003-12. 2004..Thus L1-type CAMs are able to promote the adhesion-dependent activation of EGF receptor signaling in vitro and in vivo...
- Ablation of adhesion molecule L1 in mice favours Schwann cell proliferation and functional recovery after peripheral nerve injuryDaria Guseva
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitat Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Brain 132:2180-95. 2009..We propose that L1 negatively regulates Schwann cell proliferation after nerve damage, which in turn restricts functional recovery by limiting the trophic support for regenerating motoneurons...
- Role of the cytoplasmic domain of the L1 cell adhesion molecule in brain developmentYukiko Nakamura
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Comp Neurol 518:1113-32. 2010..Therefore, the L1CD is not responsible for the major defects observed in L1(KO) mice, yet it is required for continued L1 protein expression and motor function in the adult...
- L1 cell adhesion molecule as a novel independent poor prognostic factor in gallbladder carcinomaSong Yi Choi
Department of Pathology, Chungnam National University School of Medicine, Daejeon, South Korea
Hum Pathol 42:1476-83. 2011..Taken together, our findings suggest that L1 cell adhesion molecule expression could be used as a novel prognostic factor for patient survival and might be a potential therapeutic target in gallbladder carcinomas...
- The cell adhesion molecule L1 promotes gallbladder carcinoma progression in vitro and in vivoJuyeon Jung
Therapeutic Antibody Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, 52 Eoeun dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 333, Republic of Korea
Oncol Rep 25:945-52. 2011..Taken together, these results suggest that L1 plays a crucial role in GBC progression and may be a novel therapeutic target in GBC treatment...
- Expression of l1 cell adhesion molecule and morphologic features at the invasive front of colorectal cancerYoshiki Kajiwara
Department of Surgery, National Defense Medical College, 3 2, Namiki, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359 8513, Japan
Am J Clin Pathol 136:138-44. 2011..0004). L1CAM expression was correlated with nodal involvement in protein and mRNA levels (P = .0007 and P = .036, respectively). Tumor regulation of L1CAM expression is associated with morphologic features at the invasive front in CRC...
- A modifier locus on chromosome 5 contributes to L1 cell adhesion molecule X-linked hydrocephalus in miceAlexis Tapanes-Castillo
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Lois Pope LIFE Center, Room 4 16, 1095 NW 14th Terrace, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Neurogenetics 11:53-71. 2010..Candidate modifier loci were further investigated in an extension study. Linkage was confirmed for a locus on chromosome 5, which we named L1cam hydrocephalus modifier 1 (L1hydro1), p = 4.04 X 10(-11)...
- Polysialylation of NCAM is upregulated by hyperthermia and participates in heat shock preconditioning-induced neuroprotectionV Duveau
Universite Bordeaux 2, CNRS UMR 5227 Mouvement, Adaptation, Cognition, 146, rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Neurobiol Dis 26:385-95. 2007..The upregulation of PSA-NCAM by hyperthermia may have a significant impact on hippocampal plasticity, permitting induction of the complex molecular cascade responsible for neuroprotection...
- L1 stimulation of human glioma cell motility correlates with FAK activationMuhua Yang
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Wolf Hall, Newark, DE 19716, USA
J Neurooncol 105:27-44. 2011....
- Linking L1CAM-mediated signaling to NF-κB activationHelena Kiefel
Translational Immunology, D015, German Cancer Research Center, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Trends Mol Med 17:178-87. 2011..Taken together, these findings lead to a new understanding of L1CAM downstream signaling that is fundamental for the development of anti-L1CAM antibody-mediated therapeutics in human tumor cells...
- Axonal regeneration from CNS neurons in the cerebellum and brainstem of adult rats: correlation with the patterns of expression and distribution of messenger RNAs for L1, CHL1, c-jun and growth-associated protein-43V Chaisuksunt
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, Gower Street, WC1E 6BT, London, UK
Neuroscience 100:87-108. 2000....
- L1 cell adhesion molecule (L1CAM) in invasive tumorsShani Raveh
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, 76100, Israel
Cancer Lett 282:137-45. 2009..We review the role of L1CAM in cancer progression with particular emphasis on colon cancer, and the potential of anti-L1CAM antibodies as a therapeutic tool for cancer...
- L1 cell adhesion molecule as a predictor for recurrence in pulmonary carcinoids and large-cell neuroendocrine tumorsHyo Song Kim
Samsung Medical Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Ilwon dong Kangnam gu, Seoul, Korea
APMIS 117:140-6. 2009..0; 95% confidence interval, 1.2-8.3; p=0.034). L1 expression is significantly associated with aggressiveness and further studies with larger samples are needed to validate potential prognostic value for pulmonary neuroendocrine tumors...
- Differential effects of ethanol antagonism and neuroprotection in peptide fragment NAPVSIPQ prevention of ethanol-induced developmental toxicityMichael F Wilkemeyer
Neurology Service, Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, West Roxbury and Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8543-8. 2003....
- L1 syndrome mutations impair neuronal L1 function at different levels by divergent mechanismsMichael K E Schäfer
Institut fur Anatomie und Zellbiologie, Universitat Freiburg, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Neurobiol Dis 40:222-37. 2010..Our results indicate that L1 syndrome mutations impair neuronal L1 function at different levels, firstly by attenuating ER export and secondly by interfering with polarized neuronal trafficking...
- Identification of L1CAM, Jagged2 and Neuromedin U as ovarian cancer-associated antigensNicole I Euer
Roche Diagnostics GmbH, Pharma Research, Im Nonnenwald 2, D 82372 Penzberg, Germany
Oncol Rep 13:375-87. 2005..Functional investigation of stable Delta(2,27)L1CAM transfectants of the ovarian tumor cell line OV-MZ-2 revealed significantly stronger adhesion to laminin in comparison to mock transfectants...
- L1 adhesion molecule (CD 171) in development and progression of human malignant melanomaMina Fogel
Department of Pathology, Kaplan Hospital, Rehovot, Israel
Cancer Lett 189:237-47. 2003..Our findings suggest that the presence of L1 might contribute to tumor progression by promoting cell adhesion and migration...
- Close homolog of L1 is an enhancer of integrin-mediated cell migrationMona Buhusi
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill 27599 7260, USA
J Biol Chem 278:25024-31. 2003..These results support a role for CHL1 in integrin-dependent cell migration that may be physiologically important in regulating cell migration in nerve regeneration and cortical development...
- Therapeutic antibodies to human L1CAM: functional characterization and application in a mouse model for ovarian carcinomaSilke Wolterink
Tumor Immunology Program, Translational Immunology Unit D015, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Res 70:2504-15. 2010..Our results establish that anti-L1 mAb therapy acts via immunologic and nonimmunologic effector mechanism to block tumor growth. The novel antibodies to L1CAM could become helpful tools for the therapy of L1-positive human carcinomas...
- Positive expression of L1-CAM is associated with perineural invasion and poor outcome in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaQi Wen Ben
Department of Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Ann Surg Oncol 17:2213-21. 2010..We evaluated whether L1 cell adhesion molecule (L1-CAM) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) expression in PDAC correlated with neural invasion and overall survival on a large cohort of previously untreated patients...
- ADAM10 is upregulated in melanoma metastasis compared with primary melanomaSophia B Lee
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Department of Pharmacology, University Hospital Goethe, University of Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 130:763-73. 2010..Taken together, our data demonstrate that ADAM10 and L1-CAM have important roles during melanoma progression and both molecules represent attractive targets for therapeutical intervention of melanomas...
- Repeated restraint stress suppresses neurogenesis and induces biphasic PSA-NCAM expression in the adult rat dentate gyrusKara Pham
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Eur J Neurosci 17:879-86. 2003..These studies may help us understand the basis for hippocampal shrinkage and raise questions about the ultimate reversibility of the effects of chronic stress...
- A novel membrane glycoprotein, SHPS-1, that binds the SH2-domain-containing protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP-2 in response to mitogens and cell adhesionY Fujioka
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Chuo Ku, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 16:6887-99. 1996..In addition, we suggest that SHPS-1 may be a potential substrate for SHP-2 and may function in both growth factor- and cell adhesion-induced cell signaling...
- PSA-NCAM modulates BDNF-dependent survival and differentiation of cortical neuronsL Vutskits
Department of Morphology, University of Geneva Medical School, 1 rue Michel Servet, CH-1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Eur J Neurosci 13:1391-402. 2001..These data suggest that PSA-NCAM, previously shown to modulate cell migration and plasticity, is needed for an adequate sensitivity of neurons to BDNF...
- Contribution of the neural cell adhesion molecule to neuronal and synaptic plasticityJ Z Kiss
Department of Morphology, , Geneva, Switzerland
Rev Neurosci 12:297-310. 2001..Some of these mechanisms are discussed and a hypothesis is proposed based on the existence of cross-talk between these molecules and signalling pathways mediated by growth factors...
- Embryonic stem cell-derived L1 overexpressing neural aggregates enhance recovery in Parkinsonian miceYi Fang Cui
Centre for Neuroscience, Shantou University Medical College, 22 Xin Ling Road, Shantou 515041, P R China
Brain 133:189-204. 2010..We have generated substrate-adherent embryonic stem cell-derived neural aggregates overexpressing the neural cell adhesion molecule L1, because it has shown beneficial functions after central nervous system injury...
- Polysialylated neural cell adhesion molecule is involved in induction of long-term potentiation and memory acquisition and consolidation in a fear-conditioning paradigmOleg Senkov
Center for Molecular Neurobiology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Neurosci 26:10888-109898. 2006..In conclusion, our data support the view that polysialylated NCAM is involved in both formation and late consolidation of contextual memory...
- L1, a novel target of beta-catenin signaling, transforms cells and is expressed at the invasive front of colon cancersNancy Gavert
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, 76100, Israel
J Cell Biol 168:633-42. 2005..The transmembrane localization and shedding of L1 by metalloproteases could be useful for detection and as target for colon cancer therapy...
- An alcohol binding site on the neural cell adhesion molecule L1Enrique Arevalo
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:371-5. 2008Prenatal ethanol exposure causes fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD) in part by disrupting the neural cell adhesion molecule L1. L1 gene mutations cause neuropathological abnormalities similar to those of FASD...
- Chronic antidepressant treatment induces contrasting patterns of synaptophysin and PSA-NCAM expression in different regions of the adult rat telencephalonE Varea
Neurobiology Unit and Program in Basic and Applied Neurosciences, Cell Biology Department, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 17:546-57. 2007..The expression of these molecules is also affected in the entorhinal, the visual and the somatosensory cortices...
- Enhanced L1CAM expression on pancreatic tumor endothelium mediates selective tumor cell transmigrationYasmin Issa
Tumor Immunology Programme, D015, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 87:99-112. 2009..Our data demonstrate a functional role of L1CAM expression on tumor endothelium that could favor metastasis and angiogenesis during tumor progression...
- Up-regulation of L1CAM is linked to loss of hormone receptors and E-cadherin in aggressive subtypes of endometrial carcinomasMonica Huszar
Department of Pathology, Kaplan Medical Centre, Rehovot, Israel
J Pathol 220:551-61. 2010..According to our analysis, we suggest that L1CAM is a novel marker for EMT in ECs and that L1CAM-typing could identify endometrioid ECs that have type 2-like features and are at high risk for recurrence...
- An association between a missense polymorphism in the close homologue of L1 (CHL1, CALL) gene and schizophreniaK Sakurai
Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 305 8575, Ibaraki, Japan
Mol Psychiatry 7:412-5. 2002..28-2.26) for the Leu/Leu genotype compared with the other genotypes. An association between this CHL1 gene polymorphism and schizophrenia supports the notion that cell adhesion molecules are involved in the etiology of schizophrenia...
- Chronic fluoxetine treatment increases the expression of PSA-NCAM in the medial prefrontal cortexEmilio Varea
Cell Biology Department, Neurobiology Unit, Program in Basic and Applied Neurosciences, Universitat de Valencia, Burjassot, Spain
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:803-12. 2007..This modulation may mediate the structural plasticity of this cortical region and opens new perspectives on the study of the molecular bases of depression...
- L1 expression as a marker for poor prognosis, tumor progression, and short survival in patients with colorectal cancerYoon Jung Boo
Department of Surgery, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 14:1703-11. 2007....
- PSA-NCAM expression in the rat medial prefrontal cortexE Varea
Neurobiology, Cell Biology Department, Universitat de Valencia, Dr Moliner, 50, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Neuroscience 136:435-43. 2005....
- PSA-NCAM expression in the piriform cortex of the adult rat. Modulation by NMDA receptor antagonist administrationJuan Nacher
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Brain Res 927:111-21. 2002..Similar to the hippocampus, NMDA receptors appear to play a critical role in these processes in the adult piriform cortex...
- The intracellular interactions of the L1 family of cell adhesion moleculesLissa R Herron
School of Biology, Bute Medical Building, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 419:519-31. 2009..The present review brings up to date the current body of published knowledge for the intracellular interactions of L1-CAM family proteins and the potential importance of these interactions for the mechanisms of L1-CAM action...
- The transcription factor PAX2 regulates ADAM10 expression in renal cell carcinomaKai Doberstein
Pharmazentrum frankfurt ZAFES, Klinikum der Goethe Universität, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Carcinogenesis 32:1713-23. 2011....
- PSA-NCAM in mammalian structural plasticity and neurogenesisLuca Bonfanti
Department of Veterinary Morphophysiology, University of Turin, Via Leonardo da Vinci 44, 10095 Grugliasco, Italy
Prog Neurobiol 80:129-64. 2006..The use of PSA-NCAM as a marker for exploring differences in structural plasticity and neurogenesis among mammalian species is also discussed...
- NMDA-dependent proteolysis of presynaptic adhesion molecule L1 in the hippocampus by neuropsinKazumasa Matsumoto-Miyai
Division of Structural Cell Biology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma, Nara 630 0192, Japan
J Neurosci 23:7727-36. 2003..This neuropsin-specific L1-cleaving system is involved in NMDA receptor-dependent synaptic plasticity, such as the Schaffer collateral long-term potentiation...
- The C264Y missense mutation in the extracellular domain of L1 impairs protein trafficking in vitro and in vivoAnnette E Rünker
Zentrum für Molekulare Neurobiologie, Universitat Hamburg, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Neurosci 23:277-86. 2003The neural cell adhesion molecule L1, a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, performs important functions in the developing and adult nervous system and is implicated in neuronal migration and survival, elongation, fasciculation and ..
- Targeting cancer stem cells through L1CAM suppresses glioma growthShideng Bao
Department of Surgery, Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Cancer Res 68:6043-8. 2008....
- ALCOHOL AND CELL ADHESIONMICHAEL EDWARD CHARNESS; Fiscal Year: 2013..These experiments will expand our knowledge of how ethanol disrupts fetal development, why individuals differ in sensitivity to ethanol teratogenesis, and how drugs might be designed to reduce ethanol toxicity. ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSES OF NEUROGLIAN/L1 IN SYNAPTOGENESISTANJA ANGELA GODENSCHWEGE; Fiscal Year: 2012..This information is essential to find appropriate treatment for the clinical manifestations of these mutations and hence will benefit the health of patients with L1-related disorders in the future. ..
- Mechanisms Promoting Angiogenesis in GlioblastomaCandece L Gladson; Fiscal Year: 2013..RELEVANCE: These studies have the potential to provide a paradigm shift in the understanding of tumor-associated angiogenesis in general and will suggest novel regimens for improved anti-angiogenesis therapy in GBM. ..
- L1CAM Adhesion and Signaling Pathways in C. elegansLihsia Chen; Fiscal Year: 2012..elegans will define mechanisms that control L1CAM function and provide insights into the physiological mechanism of these disorders, which will help lead to therapeutic development. ..
- Targeting Pathways of Axonal Cell Adhesion MoleculesBETTINA R WINCKLER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Since L1 expression is upregulated after neuronal injury and after stroke, understanding L1 trafficking to axons has implications for regenerative processes after injury. ..
- CSF LEVELS OF L1CAM AND AMYLOID PRECURSOR PROTEIN IN POST-HEMORRHAGIC HYDROCEPHALDAVID DELMAR LIMBRICK; Fiscal Year: 2013..The most immediate benefit of these markers would be to complement existing image-based ventricular measures to better inform clinical trials directed at improving the outcomes of infants with PHH. ..
- Molecular Targeting of L1CAM to Inhibit Glioblastoma Stem Cell InvasionShideng Bao; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will lay a solid foundation for development of novel, more effective therapeutics against GBM tumor progression and improve the treatment of these lethal cancers. ..
- L1 SIGNALING IN X-LINKED MENTAL RETARDATIONPatricia Maness; Fiscal Year: 2000..4. To determine if there are in vivo defects in major axon tracts (corticospinal tract, corpus callosum) in mice with an L1 gene knockout, and in L1/src, L1/fyn and L1/CAM double knockouts. ..
- ALCOHOL INTERACTION WITH L1 CELL ADHESION MOLECULEMICHAEL CHARNESS; Fiscal Year: 1999..This knowledge will improve our understanding of the pathogenesis of fetal alcohol syndrome and cognitive disorders in alcoholics, paving the way for more effective prevention and treatment of these disorders. ..
- Patterning dendritic branches with environmental and neuronal surface moleculesKang Shen; Fiscal Year: 2013..1, which we isolated from a forward genetic screen. In specific aim3, we will test if DMA-1, SAX-7 and W01F3.1 form a tripartite ligand-receptor complex that pattern PVD dendrite using genetic and biochemical means. ..
- ALCOHOL AND CELL ADHESIONMICHAEL EDWARD CHARNESS; Fiscal Year: 2010..The name of the principal investigator/program director must be provided at the top of each printed page and each continuation page. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Face Page Description, ..
- Photolabeling of alcohol binding sites L1:Keith Miller; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CELL ADHESION MOLECULES IN NERVOUS SYSTEM DEVELOPMENTVance Lemmon; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION (From the Applicant's Abstract): The neural cell adhesion molecule L1 is found on some classes of migrating neuronal precursors in the developing nervous system and on almost all projection axons in both the central nervous ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF HYDROCEPHALUSAravinda Chakravarti; Fiscal Year: 2000..These studies, taken together, will shed light on new pathways that affect early brain development, pathways which when compromised lead to hydrocephalus. ..
- CAM TARGETING /SIGNALING--FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME MODEL?DEANNA BENSON; Fiscal Year: 2003..periods. ..
- Mechanisms of Axon Outgrowth and TargetingDeanna L Benson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results from this work will inform the analysis and interpretation of an in vivo study of ERM function in the regulation of axon outgrowth and branching. ..
- SRC KINASES IN THE DEVELOPING NERVOUS SYSTEMPatricia Maness; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- A Rapid Immunoassay for Detection of Yersinia PathogensJohn Glass; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, this prototype assay will be reduced to a production model, validated for regulatory approval, and finalized for manufacture through a joint venture partner. ..
- Recognition Molecules in Cortical DevelopmentPatricia Maness; Fiscal Year: 2008..This investigation can reveal new molecular determinants and novel mechanisms governing cortical area development and provide insight into the pathology associated with mental retardation. ..
- GABAergic Circuits Critical period in Visual CortexZ Huang; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Combinatorial Approaches to SCIMark Tuszynski; Fiscal Year: 2008..We further have a track record of responsibly translating promising therapies from the bench to bedside. ..
- Humanized mice for Neuro AIDSLarisa Poluektova; Fiscal Year: 2008..This model will be the best suited for NeuroAIDS research. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Signal Transduction on VesiclesHung Teh Kao; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results will contribute not only to a better understanding of the molecular basis of neural development, but could also provide insights into the pharmacological treatment of neuropsychiatric diseases. ..
- INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON NEURAL REGENERATIONRoger Madison; Fiscal Year: 2003..This format has been very successful during the previous eight symposia. ..
- Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia due to SPG3A/atlastin mutationJohn Fink; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- ANGIOGENESIS FACTORS AND CEREBRAL ISCHEMIADavid Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..4. Evaluate whether angiogenesis induced by prior focal ischemia or by administration of VEGF can decrease the size of cerebral infarcts in the same model. ..
- MECHANISMS OF CORTICOSPINAL TRACT REGENERATIONLarry Benowitz; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide basic information on the biological mechanisms that regulate CST axon growth and will help us develop novel approaches to restoring, function after injury to this pathway. ..
- Growth Cone Adhesion And MotilityKarl H Pfenninger; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular basis of Joubert syndrome and related diseasesMelissa Parisi; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- EXPRESSION OF HUMAN ERYTHROPOIETIN GENEGregg Semenza; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- L1-MEDIATED RECRUITMENT OF THE MEMBRANE SKELETONMichael Hortsch; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, he will use this assay system to test whether mutant L1-CAM molecules from human patients will function in his assay. ..
- HEREDITARY SPASTIC PARAPLEGIA--CLINICAL, HISTOCHEMICAL,John Fink; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- EICOSANOID IN GROWTH CONE REPELLENT SIGNALINGKARL PFENNINGER; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Subcellular Synapse TargetingZ Huang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The establishment of a causal link between L1CAMs and construction of GABAergic circuits should provide a new perspective for understanding the molecular pathology of these mental illnesses and for treatment strategies. ..
- Ethanol Effects in the Mammalian Circadian ClockRebecca Prosser; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF NEURONAL MOTILITYDAN FELSENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, the information that we gain from studying adhesion receptors in neurons is likely to inform our understanding of cell migration in a variety of other systems, ranging from immune system function to tumor cell metastasis. ..
- TESTING FASD THERAPEUTIC AGENTS: NEONATAL RODENT MODELSCharles Goodlett; Fiscal Year: 2005..A key advantage of integrated approaches across the Consortium is that as promising candidate molecular agents emerge, these animal models can provide in vivo tests of their therapeutic effectiveness. ..
- INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON NEURAL REGENERATIONRoger Madison; Fiscal Year: 2005..This format has been very successful during the previous ten symposia. ..
- Cortical Plasticity after HemispherectomyGary Mathern; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Netrins and Gene Therapy After Spinal Cord InjuryMark Tuszynski; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim 2: Determine whether netrin over-expression in the injured adult spinal cord influences the extent or direction of axonal growth. ..
- Targeting Pathways of Axonal Cell Adhesion MoleculesBettina Winckler; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall goal of our work is to specify the mechanisms producing the polarized architecture of neurons. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ALCOHOL & DEVELOPMENT:EFFECTS ON CEREBELLAR SYSTEMSCharles Goodlett; Fiscal Year: 2007..guide and inform future studies of effects of prenatal alcohol exposure in infants and children, because the behavioral procedures and neural circuits underlying eyeblink conditioning are similar in both species [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Alcohol Related Birth DefectsShao Yu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study is expected to provide important new data relative to molecular mechanisms of alcohol-related birth defects. ..
- 2007 Cell-Cell FusionAGNES VIGNERY; Fiscal Year: 2007..These funds, if granted, will aid immeasurably in allowing the Gordon Research Conference to fulfill its function, which is to stimulate creativity and interaction in an emerging field of biology. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON NEURAL REGENERATIONRoger Madison; Fiscal Year: 2007..Many collaborations for translational studies are formed at this symposium. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- International Symposium for Hereditary Spastic ParaplegiaJohn Fink; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CANNABINOIDS AND NEUROPROTECTION IN CEREBRAL ISCHEMIADavid Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- XCT Research SA Plus pQCT ScannerAGNES VIGNERY; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Cervical CancerAlessandro Santin; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will determine whether E7 antigen-loaded autologous DC vaccination offers the potential of therapeutic benefit for patients with HPV16 or HPV18-associated cervical cancer. ..
- Hypoxia-Inducible Factor 1 and Oxygen HomeostasisGregg Semenza; Fiscal Year: 2009....