Genomes and Genes
ca 125 antigen
Summary: Carbohydrate antigen most commonly seen in tumors of the ovary and occasionally seen in breast, kidney, and gastrointestinal tract tumors and normal tissue. CA 125 is clearly tumor-associated but not tumor-specific.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- Nadir CA-125 concentration in the normal range as an independent prognostic factor for optimally treated advanced epithelial ovarian cancerA Prat
Department of Medical Oncology, Vall d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Ann Oncol 19:327-31. 2008..The aim of this retrospective study is to analyze the prognostic value of the CA-125 nadir after the completion of an optimal primary treatment...
- Sensitivity and specificity of multimodal and ultrasound screening for ovarian cancer, and stage distribution of detected cancers: results of the prevalence screen of the UK Collaborative Trial of Ovarian Cancer Screening (UKCTOCS)Usha Menon
Gynaecological Oncology, University College London Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Institute for Women s Health, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 10:327-40. 2009..This report summarises the outcome of the prevalence (initial) screen in UKCTOCS...
- Diagnostic markers for early detection of ovarian cancerIrene Visintin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:1065-72. 2008..In this study, we characterize and validate the combination of six serum biomarkers that discriminate between disease-free and ovarian cancer patients with high efficiency...
- The use of multiple novel tumor biomarkers for the detection of ovarian carcinoma in patients with a pelvic massRichard G Moore
Women and Infants Hospital, Brown University, Providence, RI 02925, USA
Gynecol Oncol 108:402-8. 2008..Because elevated CA125 levels occur in many benign gynecologic conditions, we set out to identify other novel biomarkers that would increase the sensitivity and specificity of CA125...
- Panel of markers can accurately predict endometriosis in a subset of patientsBeata Seeber
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Fertil Steril 89:1073-81. 2008..To evaluate whether a combination of putative markers of inflammation and CA-125 could serve as a multiple-marker screening test for endometriosis in a heterogeneous population of patients...
- MUC16 provides immune protection by inhibiting synapse formation between NK and ovarian tumor cellsJennifer A A Gubbels
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Mol Cancer 9:11. 2010..Our results indicate that MUC16-mediated inhibition of immune synapse formation is an effective mechanism employed by ovarian tumors to evade immune recognition...
- Association of cell surface mucins with galectin-3 contributes to the ocular surface epithelial barrierPABLO ARGUESO
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 284:23037-45. 2009..Taken together, these results suggest that galectin-3 plays a key role in maintaining mucosal barrier function through carbohydrate-dependent interactions with cell surface mucins...
- Cancer of the ovaryStephen A Cannistra
Program of Gynecologic Medical Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2519-29. 2004
- Three biomarkers identified from serum proteomic analysis for the detection of early stage ovarian cancerZhen Zhang
Department of Pathology, Biomarker Discovery Center, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 64:5882-90. 2004..These biomarkers demonstrated the potential to improve the detection of early stage ovarian cancer...
- Utility of a novel serum tumor biomarker HE4 in patients with endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the uterusRichard G Moore
Women and Infants Hospital, Brown University, Providence, RI 02925, USA
Gynecol Oncol 110:196-201. 2008..The objectives of this study were to examine the levels of several novel tumor markers HE4, SMRP, CA72.4 and CA125 as potential markers in patients diagnosed with endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the uterus...
- CA 125, PET alone, PET-CT, CT and MRI in diagnosing recurrent ovarian carcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysisPing Gu
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200127, PR China
Eur J Radiol 71:164-74. 2009..The accuracy of CA 125, PET alone, PET-CT, CT and MRI in diagnosing the recurrent ovarian carcinoma has never been systematically assessed, and present systematic review was aimed at this issue...
- Binding of ovarian cancer antigen CA125/MUC16 to mesothelin mediates cell adhesionArmin Rump
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:9190-8. 2004....
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in epithelial ovarian neoplasms: correlation with clinicopathology and patient survival, and analysis of serum VEGF levelsS Yamamoto
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Br J Cancer 76:1221-7. 1997..Therefore, serum VEGF could be used as a marker for monitoring the clinical course of ovarian cancer patients...
- Preoperative serum vascular endothelial growth factor as a prognostic parameter in ovarian cancerLukas A Hefler
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel, Austria
Gynecol Oncol 103:512-7. 2006..Serum vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) levels have been shown to be associated with an adverse outcome in patients with ovarian cancer. We studied the clinical value of serum VEGF as an independent prognostic parameter...
- Effects of personal characteristics on serum CA125, mesothelin, and HE4 levels in healthy postmenopausal women at high-risk for ovarian cancerKimberly A Lowe
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2480-7. 2008..To evaluate if serum levels of candidate ovarian cancer biomarkers vary with individual characteristics of healthy women who are likely candidates for an ovarian cancer screening program...
- Assay of mucins in human tear fluidSandra Spurr-Michaud
Schepens Eye Research Institute, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Exp Eye Res 84:939-50. 2007....
- Diagnostic accuracy of tumour markers for malignant pleural effusion: a meta-analysisQ L Liang
Institute of Respiratory Diseases, First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning 530021, Guangxi, People s Republic of China
Thorax 63:35-41. 2008..The role of tumour markers such as carbohydrate antigen (CA) 125, CA 15-3, CA 19-9 and CYFRA 21-1 (a fragment of cytokeratin 19) in differentiating malignant pleural effusions (MPE) from benign effusions is not yet clear...
- Serum, pleural effusion, and ascites CA-125 levels in ovarian cancer and nonovarian benign and malignant diseases: a comparative studyOmer Topalak
Department of Internal Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, 35330 Inciralti, Izmir, Turkey
Gynecol Oncol 85:108-13. 2002..The aim of this study is to investigate serum and fluid CA-125 levels in patients with different diseases...
- Development of a CA125-mesothelin cell adhesion assay as a screening tool for biologics discoveryNathalie Scholler
Molecular Diagnostics Program, Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Lett 247:130-6. 2007..We finally demonstrated that a mesothelin chimeric protein and anti-CA125 antibodies block CA125/mesothelin-dependent cell attachment...
- The CA 125 gene: an extracellular superstructure dominated by repeat sequencesT J O'Brien
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Tumour Biol 22:348-66. 2001..Sequencing the gene provides us with the ability to initiate the quest to understand the biological function of CA 125...
- Potential markers that complement expression of CA125 in epithelial ovarian cancerDaniel G Rosen
Department of Pathology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Box 355, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gynecol Oncol 99:267-77. 2005..Serum tumor markers that can be detected in ovarian cancers that lack CA125 expression might improve the sensitivity for early detection...
- Whole-body positron emission tomography and tumor marker CA125 for detection of recurrence in epithelial ovarian cancerM Murakami
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tokai University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:99-107. 2006..The sensitivity of the combination of PET and CA125 was 97.8% with only one false-negative case. The combination of FDG-PET and CA125 titer is useful for the accurate detection of recurrence...
- The significance of CA125 levels in patients with chronic congestive heart failure. Correlation with clinical and echocardiographic parametersNikos T Kouris
Cardiology Department, Western Attica General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Eur J Heart Fail 7:199-203. 2005..To assess serum levels of carbohydrate antigen 125 (CA125) in patients with chronic congestive heart failure (CHF) and to assess any correlation with clinical symptoms and echocardiographic indices...
- Characterization of the oligosaccharides associated with the human ovarian tumor marker CA125Nyet Kui Wong
Department of Biological Sciences, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London SW7 2AY, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:28619-34. 2003..Immunotherapy directed against CA125 may attenuate these immunosuppressive effects, leading to the prolonged survival of patients with this extremely serious form of cancer...
- Serum levels of carbohydrate antigen 125 in patients with chronic heart failure: relation to clinical severity, hemodynamic and Doppler echocardiographic abnormalities, and short-term prognosisAntonio D'Aloia
Cattedra di Cardiologia, Universita di Brescia, Brescia, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1805-11. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the serum levels of carbohydrate antigen 125 (CA125) in patients with congestive heart failure (CHF)...
- Significance of CA 125 serum level in discrimination between benign and malignant masses in the pelvisMiodrag Milojkovic
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Hospital Osijek, Osijek, Croatia
Arch Gynecol Obstet 269:176-80. 2004..Our aim was to confirm that preoperative CA 125 serum level can be useful for discrimination between benign and malignant masses in the pelvis...
- Serum YKL-40 levels in patients with ovarian cancer and women with BRCA1 gene mutation--comparison to CA 125 antigenA Chudecka-Głaz
Department of Gynecological Surgery and Gynecological Oncology of Adults and Adolescents Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 30:668-71. 2009..Our work was undertaken to determine the usefulness ofYKL-40 as a tumor marker in patients with ovarian cancer and women with BRCA 1 gene mutations...
- Selection of active drugs for ovarian cancer based on CA-125 and standard response rates in phase II trialsG J Rustin
Cancer Treatment Centre, and Gray Laboratory, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 18:1733-9. 2000..To determine whether precise definitions of response based on serial CA-125 levels can predict the activity of drugs in phase II trials for ovarian cancer as accurately as standard criteria...
- Surveillance procedures for patients treated for epithelial ovarian cancer: a review of the literatureA Gadducci
Department of Procreative Medicine, Division of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Pisa, Via Roma 56, Pisa 56127, Italy
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:21-31. 2007....
- Serum cytokine profiling as a diagnostic and prognostic tool in ovarian cancer: a potential role for interleukin 7Annechien J A Lambeck
Department of Gynaecology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 13:2385-91. 2007..To evaluate if serum cytokine levels could be used as diagnostic or prognostic markers in ovarian cancer...
- Ovarian cancer screeningNicole Urban
Cancer Prevention Research Program, Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, MP 900, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 17:989-1005, ix. 2003..Large, well-designed randomized controlled trials are under way to gauge the performance of existing screening methods...
- Release of membrane-associated mucins from ocular surface epitheliaTimothy D Blalock
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:1864-71. 2008..Soluble forms of MAMs are detected in human tears, but the mechanisms of their release from the apical cells are unknown. The purpose of this study was to identify physiologic agents that induce ocular surface MAM release...
- Molecular cloning of the CA125 ovarian cancer antigen: identification as a new mucin, MUC16B W Yin
Immunology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 276:27371-5. 2001..Northern blotting showed that the level of MUC16 mRNA correlated with the expression of CA125 in a panel of cell lines. The molecular cloning of the CA125 antigen will lead to a better understanding of its role in ovarian cancer...
- Technical evaluation of the Beckman Coulter OV-Monitor (CA 125 antigen) immunoassayEray Yagmur
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry, RWTH University Hospital Aachen, Germany
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:420-2. 2006The CA 125 antigen is a large (200-1000 kDa) glycoprotein, present within normal and benign ovarian tissue...
- New tumor markers: CA125 and beyondR C Bast
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 15:274-81. 2005..In the future, serum markers should improve the sensitivity of detecting recurrent disease as well as facilitate earlier detection of ovarian cancer...
- Mesothelin-MUC16 binding is a high affinity, N-glycan dependent interaction that facilitates peritoneal metastasis of ovarian tumorsJennifer A A Gubbels
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, USA
Mol Cancer 5:50. 2006..Here we have addressed this deficit and provide further evidence supporting the role of the MUC16-mesothelin interaction in facilitating cell-cell binding under conditions that mimic the peritoneal environment...
- Ovarian cancer antigen CA125 is encoded by the MUC16 mucin geneBeatrice W T Yin
Immunology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Cancer 98:737-40. 2002..The cloning and expression of CA125 antigen opens the way to an understanding of its function in normal and malignant cells...
- MUC16 is lost from the uterodome (pinopode) surface of the receptive human endometrium: in vitro evidence that MUC16 is a barrier to trophoblast adherenceIlene K Gipson
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Biol Reprod 78:134-42. 2008..These data indicate that MUC16 is a membrane component of the nonreceptive luminal uterine surface, which prevents cell adhesion, and that its removal during uterodome formation facilitates adhesion of the trophoblast...
- SMRP and HE4 as biomarkers for ovarian carcinoma when used alone and in combination with CA125 and/or each otherIngegerd Hellstrom
Department of Pathology, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, Seattle 98104, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 622:15-21. 2008..Prospective studies are needed to establish the clinical relevance of our findings...
- Use of CA-125 to define progression of ovarian cancer in patients with persistently elevated levelsG J Rustin
Department of Medical Oncology, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 19:4054-7. 2001..To determine an accurate definition for progression of ovarian cancer in patients with a persistently elevated serum CA-125...
- MUC16 is produced in tracheal surface epithelium and submucosal glands and is present in secretions from normal human airway and cultured bronchial epithelial cellsJulia R Davies
Mucosal Biology Group, Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, BMC, C13, S 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 39:1943-54. 2007....
- The predictive and prognostic value of serum CA 125 half-life during paclitaxel/platinum-based chemotherapy in patients with advanced ovarian carcinomaAngiolo Gadducci
Department of Procreative Medicine, Division of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 93:131-6. 2004....
- Circulating IL-8 and anti-IL-8 autoantibody in patients with ovarian cancerAnna E Lokshin
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Hillman Cancer Center, University of Pittsburgh, 5117 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Gynecol Oncol 102:244-51. 2006..The objective of this study was, therefore, to evaluate the potential importance of circulating anti-IL-8 antibody as ovarian cancer biomarker...
- The epidemiology of CA-125 in women without evidence of ovarian cancer in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian Cancer (PLCO) Screening TrialChristine C Johnson
Josephine Ford Cancer Center, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
Gynecol Oncol 110:383-9. 2008..To determine the epidemiology of CA-125 in women without ovarian cancer...
- Prospective study using the risk of ovarian cancer algorithm to screen for ovarian cancerUsha Menon
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Institute of Women s Health, University College London
J Clin Oncol 23:7919-26. 2005..To evaluate prevalence screening in the first prospective trial of a new ovarian cancer screening (OCS) strategy (risk of ovarian cancer or ROC algorithm) on the basis of age and CA125 profile...
- Benefits and limitations of ultrasonographic evaluation of uterine adnexal lesions in early detection of ovarian cancerM Varras
University General Hospital Attikon, Athens, Greece
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 31:85-98. 2004..Pelvic ultrasonography as a screening method for the early detetection of ovarian cancer should be probably limited to those women who are at increased risk for development of ovarian cancer and not in the general population...
- Potent suppression of natural killer cell response mediated by the ovarian tumor marker CA125Manish S Patankar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 600 Highland Avenue, H4 657 CSC, Madison, WI 53792 6188, USA
Gynecol Oncol 99:704-13. 2005..CA125 expresses specific oligosaccharides that can inhibit the cytotoxicity of human natural killer (NK) cells. The current study was undertaken to determine the ability of CA125 to modulate NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity...
- CA125 levels are a weak predictor of optimal cytoreductive surgery in patients with advanced epithelial ovarian cancerS Memarzadeh
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UCLA School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 13:120-4. 2003..The CA125 level should not be used as a primary predictor of the outcome of cytoreductive surgery and should be viewed in the context of all other preoperative features...
- MUC16 in the lacrimal apparatusKristin Jäger
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Grosse Steinstr 52, 06097, Halle, Saale, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 127:433-8. 2007..Moreover, the results demonstrate the existence of so far not recognized qualitative differences in the secretion product of main lacrimal gland and accessory lacrimal glands (glands of Krause)...
- Optimal combination of seven tumour markers in prediction of advanced stage at first examination of patients with non-small cell lung cancerS Ando
Division of Thoracic Diseases, Chiba Cancer Center, Japan
Anticancer Res 21:3085-92. 2001..By selecting appropriate tumour markers in NSCLC patients, we can predict the stage of the lung cancer and utilize these markers as complementaty tools to establish indications for treatment...
- The cancer antigen CA125 represents a novel counter receptor for galectin-1Claudia Seelenmeyer
Biochemie Zentrum Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 328, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Sci 116:1305-18. 2003....
- Early detection of ovarian cancer: promise and realityRobert C Bast
Departments of Experimental Therapeutics, Molecular Therapeutics, Gynecologic Oncology and Anatomic Pathology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Treat Res 107:61-97. 2002
- Epitopes on CA 125 from cervical mucus and ascites fluid and characterization of six new antibodies. Third report from the ISOBM TD-1 workshopK Nustad
Central Laboratory, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Tumour Biol 23:303-14. 2002..This might be one reason for discrepancies between assay results for CA 125 using different assays...
- Elevated CA125 in breast cancer--A sign of advanced diseaseL F Norum
Central Laboratory, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Tumour Biol 22:223-8. 2001..However, the three tumor markers complemented each other in detecting early metastases. Increased CA 125 was associated with metastasis in or near the pleura, and in stage IV breast cancer it was related to poor prognosis...
- Preoperative serum vascular endothelial growth factor levels: significance in ovarian cancerBrian C Cooper
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:3193-7. 2002..VEGF levels were determined using an ELISA (R&D Systems, Minneapolis, MN)...
- Use of CA-125 and ultrasound in high-risk womenStephane Laframboise
Division of Gynecology Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Avenue, M 716, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
Int J Gynecol Cancer 12:86-91. 2002..At the present time, they offer the best opportunity to detect ovarian cancers early. With increasing knowledge of BRCA testing, more women may benefit from this testing in assessing their personal risk...
- CA 125 half-life breakpoint between a "good" and "poor" prognosis in patients with ovarian cancerA Mano
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, 3000 295 Coimbra, Portugal
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 88:333-5. 2005
- Prognostic value of serum CA 125 bi-exponential decrease during first line paclitaxel/platinum chemotherapy: a French multicentric studyJ M Riedinger
Laboratoire de Biologie Medicale, Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, 1 rue du Pr Marion, 21034 Dijon Cedex, France
Gynecol Oncol 109:194-8. 2008..CA 125 assays enable treatment-response monitoring in ovarian cancer...
- Use of preoperative serum CA-125 levels for prediction of lymph node metastasis and prognosis in endometrial cancerHyun Hoon Chung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:1501-5. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the predictive value of preoperative serum CA-125 levels in the assessment of disease extent and clinical outcome of endometrial cancer...
- The performance of CA-125 measurement in the detection of endometriosis: a meta-analysisB W Mol
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Joseph Hospital, Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Fertil Steril 70:1101-8. 1998..To assess the diagnostic performance of serum CA-125 measurement in the detection of endometriosis...
- Preoperative serum CA-125 levels in treating endometrial cancerJohn L Powell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, USA
J Reprod Med 50:585-90. 2005..To evaluate preoperative levels of CA-125 for the prediction of advanced stages of uterine cancer...
- Characterization of a carbohydrate epitope defined by the monoclonal antibody H185: sialic acid O-acetylation on epithelial cell-surface mucinsPABLO ARGUESO
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114 2508, USA
Glycobiology 16:1219-28. 2006....
- Surveillance of women at high risk for hereditary ovarian cancer is inefficientA L Oei
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 94:814-9. 2006..For prevention of advanced stage ovarian cancer, prophylactic BSO from age 35-40 years is a more efficient alternative...
- Efficacy of screening women at high risk of hereditary ovarian cancer: results of an 11-year cohort studyK N Gaarenstroom
Department of Gynecology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:54-9. 2006..We conclude that the efficacy of screening women at high risk of ovarian cancer seems poor because the majority of cancers were detected at an advanced stage...
- Serum soluble Fas levels and prediction of response to platinum-based chemotherapy in epithelial ovarian cancerParvesh Chaudhry
Department of Radiotherapy, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Int J Cancer 122:1716-21. 2008..Progression-free survival rates in patients with sFas2/sFas1 ratio <1 exceeded those with ratio > or =1 (p = 0.004). In conclusion, serum sFas is a useful biomarker for predicting response to platinum-based chemotherapy in EOC...
- Peritoneal natural killer cells from epithelial ovarian cancer patients show an altered phenotype and bind to the tumour marker MUC16 (CA125)Jennifer A Belisle
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Immunology 122:418-29. 2007..Similar to EOC, MUC16 in early pregnancy also binds to NK cells suggesting shared mechanisms of NK cell suppression in feto-maternal tolerance and immune evasion by ovarian cancers...
- Regulation of membrane-associated mucins in the human corneal epithelial cells by dexamethasoneKyoung Yul Seo
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Vision Research, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Cornea 26:709-14. 2007..To study the influence of dexamethasone on membrane-associated mucins produced by human corneal epithelial cells...
- Outcome of surveillance and prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy in asymptomatic women at high risk for ovarian cancerPaul A M Meeuwissen
Family Cancer Clinic, The Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Room H585, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3000 CC Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gynecol Oncol 97:476-82. 2005..Women at high risk of ovarian cancer are currently offered two options: either surveillance or prophylactic bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. The efficacy and outcome of surveillance remain unclear...
- Elevated CA125 level associated with Meigs' syndrome: case report and review of the literatureA Morán-Mendoza
Sub direction of Internal Medicine, National Institute of Cancerology, Mexico City, Mexico
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:315-8. 2006..Although the association between ovarian tumor, pleural effusion, ascites, and marked elevation of CA125 is highly indicative of epithelial ovarian cancer, Meigs' syndrome must be considered in the differential diagnosis...
- Bead-based ELISA for validation of ovarian cancer early detection markersNathalie Scholler
Translational Outcomes Research Laboratory, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Public Health Sciences, and Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:2117-24. 2006....
- Discovery and application of protein biomarkers for ovarian cancerAudrey Gagnon
Laboratory of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 20:9-13. 2008..To review the protein biomarker research field in ovarian cancer, including the discovered new biomarkers, biomarker panels, their potential clinical applications, and suggested strategies for biomarker discovery and development...
- Results from an ultrasound-based familial ovarian cancer screening clinic: a 10-year observational studyA Tailor
Academic Department of Obstetrics Gynaecology, Guy s, King s St Thomas s School of Medicine, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 21:378-85. 2003....
- Prostasin, a potential serum marker for ovarian cancer: identification through microarray technologyS C Mok
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:1458-64. 2001..We used microarray technology to identify overexpressed genes for secretory proteins as potential serum biomarkers and selected prostasin, a serine protease normally secreted by the prostate gland, for further study...
- Bilateral prophylactic oophorectomy and ovarian cancer screening following BRCA1/BRCA2 mutation testingMarc D Schwartz
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:4034-41. 2003..In this study, we prospectively examined the impact of BRCA1/2 testing on the utilization of prophylactic oophorectomy and ovarian cancer screening...
- Phase II trial of oral altretamine for relapsed ovarian carcinoma: evaluation of defining response by serum CA125G J Rustin
Centre for Cancer Treatment, Mount Vernon Hospital, Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 15:172-6. 1997..Response was compared between standard and CA125-based criteria...
- The early detection of ovarian cancer: from traditional methods to proteomics. Can we really do better than serum CA-125?Vladimir Nossov
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Los Angeles, Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1740, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:215-23. 2008..In this review, we hope to provide an overview of the early detection ovarian cancer from traditional methods to recent promises in the proteomics pipeline...
- The value of serum and tissular expression of CA 125 antigen, in evaluation of the response to second line chemotherapy for the relapsed ovarian carcinomaFl Bădulescu
Department of Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova, and Department of Pathology, Emergency County Hospital, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 46:329-34. 2005The purpose of this study is to compare the predicted value of the blood levels variations of CA 125 antigen and the imunohistochemical expression of CA 125, with imagistic criteria (The Response Evaluation Criteran in Solid Tumor--RECIST)..
- Peritoneal lavage CEA/CA125 is a prognostic factor for gastric cancer patientsManabu Yamamoto
Department of Surgery, Hiroshima Red Cross Hospital and Atomic Bomb Survivors Hospital, 1 9 6 Senda machi, Hiroshima 730 8619, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 133:471-6. 2007..We recently found an elevation in the pre-operative peritoneal lavage carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) level to be associated with an earlier detection of recurrent peritoneal dissemination and a poor prognosis...
- Use of CA-125 to assess response to new agents in ovarian cancer trialsGordon J S Rustin
Department of Medical Oncology, Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Northwood, Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 21:187s-193s. 2003..These definitions already have been shown to be valuable in assessing efficacy of new agents but require further prospective evaluation...
- Receiver operator characteristics and diagnostic value of progesterone and CA-125 in the prediction of ectopic and abortive intrauterine gestationsIlias Katsikis
Division of Endocrinology and Human Reproduction, Second Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 125:226-32. 2006..The study was designed to investigate the predictive value of progesterone and CA-125 in the diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy (EP) and inevitable miscarriage...
- Comparison of secondary and primary ovarian malignancies reveals differences in their pre- and perioperative characteristicsRiitta Antila
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Helsinki, PO Box 140, 00029 HUS, Helsinki, Finland
Gynecol Oncol 101:97-101. 2006..We sought to identity pre- and perioperative factors which may aid in differentiating metastatic ovarian tumors from primary ovarian malignancies...
- CA125 in ovarian cancer: European Group on Tumor Markers guidelines for clinical useM J Duffy
Department of Nuclear Medicine, St Vincent s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Int J Gynecol Cancer 15:679-91. 2005..CA125 is the ovarian cancer marker against which new markers for this malignancy should be judged...
- A parametric empirical Bayes method for cancer screening using longitudinal observations of a biomarkerMartin W McIntosh
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue MP 900, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Biostatistics 4:27-40. 2003..Our method was specifically developed for use in screening for cancer with a new biomarker, but it is appropriate whenever the pre-clinical behavior of the disease and/or biomarker is uncertain...
- Screening for familial ovarian cancer: the need for well-designed prospective studiesIan Jacobs
J Clin Oncol 23:5443-5. 2005
- Results from four rounds of ovarian cancer screening in a randomized trialEdward Partridge
University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Obstet Gynecol 113:775-82. 2009..To test whether annual screening with transvaginal ultrasonography and CA 125 reduces ovarian cancer mortality...
- The diagnostic value of PET/CT for primary ovarian cancer--a prospective studySigne Risum
Dept of Oncology, 5073, The Finsen Center, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Gynecol Oncol 105:145-9. 2007..To prospectively evaluate the diagnostic value of combined PET/CT in detecting a malignant tumor in patients with no previous cancer history, presenting with a pelvic mass...
- Combining several screening tests: optimality of the risk scoreMartin W McIntosh
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Biometrics 58:657-64. 2002..Moreover, our methods justify the development of clinical prediction scores based on binary regression...
- Isolation and characterization of ovarian cancer antigen CA 125 using a new monoclonal antibody (VK-8): identification as a mucin-type moleculeK O Lloyd
Immunology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Cancer 71:842-50. 1997..Further insight into the structure and function of the CA125 antigen will come from cloning the gene coding for the peptide backbone, and from more detailed carbohydrate structural analysis...
- Role of tumour markers in monitoring epithelial ovarian cancerT Meyer
Department of Medical Oncology, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, Middlesex, UK
Br J Cancer 82:1535-8. 2000..Its value as part of a screening tool and during routine follow-up remain the subject of ongoing trials. Other markers remain experimental and do not have a well-defined contribution to make at present...
- CA125 (MUC16) tumor antigen selectively modulates the sensitivity of ovarian cancer cells to genotoxic drug-induced apoptosisMarianne Boivin
Departement De Microbiologie et Infectiologie, Universite de Sherbrooke, 3001, 12ième Avenue Nord, Sherbrooke J1H 5N1, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 115:407-13. 2009..Little is known about the biological functions of CA125/MUC16 tumor antigen. Here, we examined the role of CA125/MUC16 in regulating the sensitivity of epithelial ovarian carcinoma (EOC) cells to different drugs...
- Generating longitudinal screening algorithms using novel biomarkers for diseaseMartin W McIntosh
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 11:159-66. 2002..The algorithm is particularly useful when screening with a new marker of which the behavior in the preclinical period is not well known...
- BRCA1 mutations in ovarian cancer and borderline tumours in Norway: a nested case-control studyT Bjørge
Department of Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo N 0310, Norway
Br J Cancer 91:1829-34. 2004..The sensitivity of using CA125 only as a screening test for ovarian cancer was low...
- Development and in vitro validation of anti-mesothelin biobodies that prevent CA125/Mesothelin-dependent cell attachmentLindsay Bergan
Molecular Diagnositics Program, Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Cancer Lett 255:263-74. 2007..Anti-mesothelin Bbs derived from high affinity yeast-display scFv detected both membrane-bound and soluble mesothelins and inhibited CA125/mesothelin-dependent cell attachment...
- Evaluation of the novel serum markers B7-H4, Spondin 2, and DcR3 for diagnosis and early detection of ovarian cancerIris Simon
diaDexus, Inc, 343 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Gynecol Oncol 106:112-8. 2007..In this study, we identified and evaluated three new serum biomarkers that may be used to improve detection of ovarian cancer...
- Ovarian cancer antigen CA 125 influences adhesion of human and mammalian cell lines in vitroR Gaetje
Clinic of Frauenheilkunde and Geburtshilfe, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 29:34-6. 2002..The results suggest that the ovarian cancer antigen CA 125 influences cell adhesion in vitro...
- The CA 125 gene: a newly discovered extension of the glycosylated N-terminal domain doubles the size of this extracellular superstructureTimothy J O'Brien
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Ark 72205, USA
Tumour Biol 23:154-69. 2002..These additional data in association with our previous understanding of this molecule will provide the basis for our ability to understand the physiologic function of this molecule in biologic development and pathologic transformation...
- Do levels of serum cancer antigen 125 and creatine kinase predict the outcome in pregnancies of unknown location?G Condous
Early Pregnancy Unit, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Hum Reprod 20:3348-54. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the role of maternal serum cancer antigen 125 (CA 125) and creatine kinase (CK) levels in predicting the outcome of pregnancies of unknown location (PUL)...
- CA-125 criteria for response evaluation in ovarian cancerS Sundar
Gynecol Oncol 98:520-1. 2005
- Elevation of the tumor marker CA125 in right heart failureBoban Mathew
Division of Cardiology, The Department of Internal Medicine, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA
South Med J 97:1013-4. 2004..A case of elevated carbohydrate antigen 125 in isolated right heart failure due to atrial septal defect with preserved left ventricular function is reported...
- The relationship between serum vascular endothelial growth factor, persistent disease, and survival at second-look laparotomy in ovarian cancerAngeles Alvarez Secord
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Gynecol Oncol 94:74-9. 2004....
- Serum CA125: a tumor marker for monitoring response to treatment and follow-up in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphomaJamal Zidan
Oncology Unit, Sieff Government Hospital, POB 1008, Safed, Israel
Oncologist 9:417-21. 2004..The aim of the current study is to evaluate CA125 levels in patients with NHL and to investigate the correlations between high CA125 level and other presenting features...
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening TrialMona Fouad; Fiscal Year: 2013..Participants will be contacted annually to determine current health status. Follow up includes ascertainment of adverse medical outcomes, cancer incidence, cause of death, and mortality impact. ..
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening TrialBARBARA O'BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Participants will be contacted annually to determine current health status. Follow up includes ascertainment of adverse medical outcomes, cancer incidence, cause of death, and mortality impact. ..
- PROSTATE, LUNG, COLORECTAL AND OVARIAN (PLCO) CANCER SCREENING TRIALClaudine Isaacs; Fiscal Year: 2010..The PLCO EEMS directly addresses the following strategic priorities of the National Cancer Institute: - Understand the causes and mechanisms of cancer - Improve early detection and diagnosis ..
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening TrialBARBARA O apos BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The PLCO EEMS directly addresses the following strategic priorities of the National Cancer Institute: - Understand the causes and mechanisms of cancer - Improve early detection and diagnosis ..
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Cancer Screening Trial - LabCheryl Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The PLCO EEMS directly addresses the following strategic priorities of the National Cancer Institute: - Understand the causes and mechanisms of cancer - Improve early detection and diagnosis..
- PROSTATE, LUNG, COLORECTAL AND OVARIAN (PLCO) CANCER SCREENING TRIALClaudine Isaacs; Fiscal Year: 2009..The PLCO EEMS directly addresses the following strategic priorities of the National Cancer Institute: - Understand the causes and mechanisms of cancer - Improve early detection and diagnosis..
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening TrialBARBARA O apos BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The PLCO EEMS directly addresses the following strategic priorities of the National Cancer Institute: - Understand the causes and mechanisms of cancer - Improve early detection and diagnosis..
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening TrialSaundra Buys; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening TrialMona Fouad; Fiscal Year: 2009..The PLCO EEMS directly addresses the following strategic priorities of the National Cancer Institute: [unreadable] Understand the causes and mechanisms of cancer [unreadable] Improve early detection and diagnosis..
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening TrialMona Fouad; Fiscal Year: 2010..The PLCO EEMS directly addresses the following strategic priorities of the National Cancer Institute: Understand the causes and mechanisms of cancer Improve early detection and diagnosis ..
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening TrialBARBARA O'BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2011..The PLCO EEMS directly addresses the following strategic priorities of the National Cancer Institute: - Understand the causes and mechanisms of cancer - Improve early detection and diagnosis ..
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening TrialMona Fouad; Fiscal Year: 2011..The PLCO EEMS directly addresses the following strategic priorities of the National Cancer Institute: Understand the causes and mechanisms of cancer Improve early detection and diagnosis ..
- PROSTATE, LUNG, COLORECTAL AND OVARIAN (PLCO) CANCER SCREENING TRIALKAREN STEINMETZ; Fiscal Year: 2011
- PROSTATE, LUNG, COLORECTAL AND OVARIAN (PLCO) CANCER SCREENING TRIALPaul Kvale; Fiscal Year: 2010
- Progestogen Inhibition of Ovarian Cancer Cell MetastasisWilliam Murdoch; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- SPECIFIC IMMUNOTHERAPY WITH MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIESRobert Bast; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- MUC-1 related cancer immunity: determinants and predictive significanceDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings of our study could provide the basis for developing a safe cancer- preventing vaccine for ovarian cancer and perhaps other MUC1-expressing tumors. ..
- The Feasibility of Earlier Detection of Ovarian Cancer Using Symptom ReportsMarin Andersen; Fiscal Year: 2009..Outcomes of such an approach for women with and without the identified pattern of symptoms will be examined. ..
- Risk for New onset of Depression in Perimenopausal WomenDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC AND BIOLOGIC PREDICTORS OF IVF SUCCESSDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Human Kallikrein 4 (hK4): A New Prostatic Biomarker?Eleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..If successful, our research will contribute to the development of new prostatic biomarkers and possibly, to better diagnosis which may lead to better clinical outcomes and reduced healthcare costs. ..
- A New Biomarker for Ovarian Cancer DetectionEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this grant proposal, we describe further studies, which will examine in greater detail, the ability of a test for the amount of this protein in blood to correctly diagnose the presence of ovarian cancer. ..
- Genes, Hormones & Environment in an Ovarian Cancer ModelDaniel Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our continued goal is to identify modifiable risk factors and chemo preventive agents for a common and lethal cancer in women. ..
- KALLIKREINS AS DIAGNOSTIC MARKERS OF OVARIAN CARCINOMAEleftherios Diamandis; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ovarian Cancer: Strategies for consolidationPaul Sabbatini; Fiscal Year: 2006..Promising strategies will be moved to patients in primary remission (Specific Aim 1) with a current median time to treatment failure of 18-21 months...
- Considerations of covariates in biomarker studiesMargaret S Pepe; Fiscal Year: 2010..Programs written in Stata will be made available through the Stata archive, the EDRN and through a 'Diagnostics and Biomarkers Statistical Center'web site. ..
- Family Involvement /Resident Psychosocial Status in LTCJOSEPH GAUGLER; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Communication Between Patients and their ProvidersPATRICIA PARKER; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Modeling ovarian cancer screening for CEANicole Urban; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, an enhanced microsimulation model that incorporates new developments, innovations of the future as well as those we recognize today, will help guide policy and research investment decisions. ..
- Caregiver Outcomes Post NH Placement of a Family MemberJOSEPH GAUGLER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prognostic markers for ovarian cancerSamuel Mok; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Identification of Early Markers for Ovarian CancerAnna Lokshin; Fiscal Year: 2006..By the end of the proposed project, we expect to construct a test based on a panel of ovarian cancer-specific antigens that has the most promising characteristics to identify women with ovarian cancer. ..
- Comprehensive Support for Alzheimer's Disease CaregiversJOSEPH GAUGLER; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed evaluation will provide detailed information on the potential of the ECS to serve as a model intervention for various family caregivers of Alzheimer?s patients in diverse geographic contexts. [unreadable]..
- Structural, Computational and Epidemiologic Analyses of*Noah Kauff; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Decisions & Outcomes of BRCA1/2 Test for Breast PatientsMarc Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2008..UC on quality of life and psychosocial well-being; 3) To identify baseline factors that predict who is most and least likely to benefit from RGC; and 4) to evaluate the cost effectiveness of the RGC intervention. ..
- Influence of Uncertainty and Communication on AdjustmentPATRICIA PARKER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed K07 Research Award would allow Dr. Parker to transition into an independent researcher in cancer prevention with a focus on psycho-oncology and physician-patient communication. ..
- INTERNET INTERVENTION FOR BRCA1/BRCA2 UNINFORMATIVESMarc D Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Telephone-Based Genetic Counseling: An Equivalence TrialMarc Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- INTERACTIVE DECISION AID FOR BRCA 1/2 MUTATION CARRIERSMarc Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2003..If effective, the IDA can easily be disseminated to BRCA1/2 carriers across the country and adapted for use with other populations with inherited risk for cancer. ..
- COLON CANCER SURVIVORS--MEDICATIONS & RISK OF RECURRENCEChristine Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Using automated pharmacy data, the timing of use and exposure to NSAIDs and HRT will be analyzed among cancer survivors, along with potentially confounding variables, in relation to these outcomes. ..
- MENTORING & ADVANCED RESEARCH TRAINING FOR WRHR SCHOLARSJonathan Berek; Fiscal Year: 2008..This cadre of Scholars will be among future leaders in women's reproductive health research in the United States. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MESOTHELIN ANTIGENS FOR DIAGNOSIS/THERAPY OF OVARIAN CAIngegerd Hellstrom; Fiscal Year: 2003..As part of this study, she shall investigate whether the soluble MR molecule (SMR) can act as an inhibitor of the immune response and, if so, whether the inhibition can be overcome. ..
- Early Environmental Hygiene and Pediatric AtopyChristine C Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Further, working with Dr. F. Martinez, we will use the established repository of biospecimens to develop molecular epidemiologic studies of genetic-environmental risk factors. ..