Genomes and Genes
tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2
Summary: A member of the family of TISSUE INHIBITOR OF METALLOPROTEINASES. It is a 21-kDa nonglycosylated protein found in tissue fluid and is secreted as a complex with progelatinase A by human fibroblast and uncomplexed from alveolar macrophages. An overexpression of TIMP-2 has been shown to inhibit invasive and metastatic activity of tumor cells and decrease tumor growth in vivo.
Publications274 found, 100 shown here
- Tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases: evolution, structure and functionK Brew
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1477:267-83. 2000....
- TIMP-2 mediated inhibition of angiogenesis: an MMP-independent mechanismDong Wan Seo
National Cancer Institute, Center for Cancer Research, Vascular Biology Faculty and Laboratory of Pathology, Extracellular Matrix Pathology Section, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cell 114:171-80. 2003..Our findings establish an unexpected, MMP-independent mechanism for TIMP-2 inhibition of endothelial cell proliferation in vitro and reveal an important component of the antiangiogenic effect of TIMP2 in vivo...
- TIMP-2 is required for efficient activation of proMMP-2 in vivoZ Wang
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Buffalo, New York 16263, USA
J Biol Chem 275:26411-5. 2000..Mutant mice were overtly normal, viable, and fertile on the C57BL/6 background, indicating that both TIMP-2 and activated proMMP-2 are dispensable for normal development...
- Serum TIMP-1, TIMP-2, and MMP-1 in patients with systemic sclerosis, primary Raynaud's phenomenon, and in normal controlsS A Young-Min
Department of Rheumatology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 60:846-51. 2001..It is suggested that decreased serum levels of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) or increased levels of tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases (TIMPs) may account for this matrix accumulation...
- Homophilic complex formation of MT1-MMP facilitates proMMP-2 activation on the cell surface and promotes tumor cell invasionY Itoh
Division of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8639, Japan
EMBO J 20:4782-93. 2001..These findings elucidate a new function of the PEX domain: regulating MT1-MMP activity on the cell surface, which accelerates cellular invasiveness in the tissue...
- The matrix metalloproteinase-14 (MMP-14) gene is structurally distinct from other MMP genes and is co-expressed with the TIMP-2 gene during mouse embryogenesisS S Apte
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 272:25511-7. 1997..The stringent co-expression of these two genes suggests common regulatory pathways that may have important functional implications for the activation of pro-gelatinase A in health and disease...
- Expressions of matrix metalloproteinases in early-stage oral squamous cell carcinoma as predictive indicators for tumor metastases and prognosisAkihiro Katayama
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Asahikawa Medical College, Asahikawa, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:634-40. 2004..Membrane type 1-MMP (MT1-MMP) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 (TIMP-2) are essential factors for the activation of pro-MMP-2...
- Upregulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-2 promotes matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 activation and cell invasion in a human glioblastoma cell lineKan V Lu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Lab Invest 84:8-20. 2004....
- High levels of messenger RNAs for tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMP-1 and TIMP-2) in primary breast carcinomas are associated with development of distant metastasesA H Ree
Departments of Tumor Biology and Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, and Hormone Laboratory, Aker Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Clin Cancer Res 3:1623-8. 1997..The present data suggest that high levels of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 mRNAs in the primary carcinomas are strongly associated with development of metastasis in breast cancer...
- Vehicular emissions induce vascular MMP-9 expression and activity associated with endothelin-1-mediated pathwaysAmie K Lund
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Department of Toxicology, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:511-7. 2009....
- Regulation of endothelial matrix metalloproteinase-2 by hypoxia/reoxygenationYaara Ben-Yosef
Neuroimmunology Unit, Carmel Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Circ Res 90:784-91. 2002..Prolonged hypoxia of ECs appears to enhance MMP-2 production and secretion, whereas reoxygenation further increases its level. These H/R-mediated effects on MMPs have the potential of enabling EC migration and possible angiogenesis...
- MT-MMP, the cell surface activator of proMMP-2 (pro-gelatinase A), is expressed with its substrate in mouse tissue during embryogenesisH Kinoh
Departments of Molecular Virology and Oncology, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
J Cell Sci 109:953-9. 1996..These results indicated that proMMP-2 activation through its activator, MT-MMP, is a physiological system used by organisms to initiate tissue remodeling on the cell surface...
- Clinical role of MMP-2/TIMP-2 imbalance in hepatocellular carcinomaGianluigi Giannelli
Department of Internal Medicine, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Section of Internal Medicine, University of Bari Medical School, Bari, Italy
Int J Cancer 97:425-31. 2002..Furthermore, we found a strict correlation between tissue and serum levels of TIMP-2, this suggesting that a MMP-2/TIMP-2 imbalance and in particular TIMP-2 levels, could represent an important prognostic factor in patients with HCC...
- Activation of a recombinant membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) by furin and its interaction with tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-2H Sato
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology, Kanazawa University, Japan
FEBS Lett 393:101-4. 1996..Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-2 inhibited activation of progelatinase A by forming a stable complex with activated MT1-MMP...
- Reduced MMP-2 activity contributes to cardiac fibrosis in experimental diabetic cardiomyopathySophie Van Linthout
Dept of Cardiology and Pneumology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200, Berlin, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 103:319-27. 2008..To evaluate the regulation of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 in diabetic cardiomyopathy...
- Suppression of atherosclerotic plaque progression and instability by tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2: involvement of macrophage migration and apoptosisJason L Johnson
Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Bristol, England
Circulation 113:2435-44. 2006..We hypothesized that overexpression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-1 or TIMP-2 would attenuate atherosclerotic plaque development and instability in high fat-fed apolipoprotein E-knockout (apoE(-/-)) mice...
- Quantitative estimation of matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 7 (MMP-2, MMP-7) and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases 1 and 2 (TIMP-1, TIMP-2) in colorectal carcinoma tissue samplesM Pesta
Central Laboratory of Radioisotopes, Charles University and Faculty Hospital, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Anticancer Res 25:3387-91. 2005..The aim of our study was to assess the levels of MMP-2, MMP-7, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 mRNA expression in colorectal carcinoma tissue samples and to correlate them with the stage of the disease...
- Effects of age, gender, ethnicity, diurnal variation and exercise on circulating levels of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP)-2 and -9, and their inhibitors, tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases (TIMP)-1 and -2Muzahir H Tayebjee
Haemostasis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology Unit, University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Birmingham B18 7QH, United Kingdom
Thromb Res 115:205-10. 2005..We therefore studied these aspects on plasma levels of MMP-2 and -9 and TIMP-1 and -2, as the major metalloproteinases (and their inhibitors) implicated in pathophysiology of vascular disease...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor of metallo-proteinase-2 in colorectal carcinoma invasion and metastasisBing Hui Li
Department of Surgery, Fourth Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050011, Hebei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:3046-50. 2005..To explore the relationship between matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) in the development of colorectal carcinoma and to provide a valuable marker for clinical diagnosis...
- Membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase cleaves CD44 and promotes cell migrationM Kajita
Department of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokane dai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Cell Biol 153:893-904. 2001..These findings revealed a novel interaction of the two molecules that have each been implicated in tumor cell migration and invasion...
- MMP-2, MT1-MMP, and TIMP-2 are essential for the invasive capacity of human mesenchymal stem cells: differential regulation by inflammatory cytokinesChristian Ries
Division of Clinical Chemistry and Clinical Biochemistry, Surgical Department, Ludwig Maximillians University of Munich, Nussbaumstrasse 20, 80336 Munich, Germany
Blood 109:4055-63. 2007....
- Temporal and spatial expression of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases during the natural ovulatory cycle of the mouseD S Inderdeo
Department of Biochemistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Biol Reprod 55:498-508. 1996..We propose that in the natural ovulatory process, TIMP-1 is probably a factor that regulates corpus luteum regression while TIMP-3 is important in maintaining the structural integrity of the corpus luteum...
- Prognostic significance of matrix metalloproteinase 2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 expression in prostate cancerJeffrey S Ross
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Albany Medical College, Mail Code 81, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Mod Pathol 16:198-205. 2003..Interestingly, contrary to the previously documented anti-tumor effects of TIMPs, TIMP2 expression appears to have a tumor-promoting role in PACs and warrants further investigation...
- Effects of nitric oxide on matrix metalloproteinase-2 production by rheumatoid synovial cellsY Hirai
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Japan
Life Sci 68:913-20. 2001..Our data indicate that NO could modulate MMP production by rheumatoid synovial cells and therefore contribute to ECM degradation of articular components in RA...
- The significance of membrane type 1 metalloproteinase in structural involution of human corpora luteaKengo Manase
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cancer Research Institute, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 16 Chuo Ku, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 8:742-9. 2002..These results suggest that increased expression of MT1-MMP may be a major factor in remodelling of the human corpus luteum during structural luteolysis...
- The role of genetic polymorphisms in the promoters of the matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 genes in head and neck cancerPornchai O-Charoenrat
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital Medical School, Mahidol University, 2 Prannok Road, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Oral Oncol 42:257-67. 2006..These findings suggest that the genetic polymorphisms in the promoters of MMP2 and TIMP2 may be associated with the development and aggressiveness of HNSCC...
- Shp-1 mediates the antiproliferative activity of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 in human microvascular endothelial cellsDong Wan Seo
Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1500, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3711-21. 2006....
- Correlation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 with proliferative activity and patients' survival in breast cancerLydia Nakopoulou
Department of Pathology, Medical School, The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, 75 Mikras Assias Str, Goudi, GR 115 27 Athens, Greece
Mod Pathol 15:26-34. 2002..Our results support the multifunctional potential of TIMP-2 through its correlation on the one hand to a favorable outcome, due to its MMP inhibitory activity and on the other to topo IIalpha contributing to its growth factor activity...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-4 inhibits but does not support the activation of gelatinase A via efficient inhibition of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinaseH F Bigg
Faculty of Dentistry and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cancer Res 61:3610-8. 2001..Hence, TIMP-4 regulates gelatinase A activity by efficient inhibition of MT1-MMP-mediated activation and by inhibiting the activated enzyme and, thus, is a tumor resistance factor in the peritumor stroma...
- Characterization of the promoter of the gene encoding human tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 (TIMP-2)Y A De Clerck
Division of Hematology Oncology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, CA 90054 0700
Gene 139:185-91. 1994..A comparison with the promoter of murine timp-1 revealed several differences consistent with the fact that timp-1 and timp-2 are differentially regulated...
- Assessment of the role of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) during the periovulatory period in female mice lacking a functional TIMP-1 geneW B Nothnick
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536 0084, USA
Biol Reprod 56:1181-8. 1997..In addition, TIMP-1 exhibits steroidogenic activity in vitro, but no evidence was found for regulation of steroidogenesis in vivo...
- Metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinasesM Toi
Department of Surgery, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Japan
Breast Cancer Res Treat 52:113-24. 1998....
- Promoter activity of human tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 gene with novel single nucleotide polymorphismsAhmed E Hegab
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Respirology 10:27-30. 2005....
- The expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 (TIMP-2) is required for normal development of zebrafish embryosJinsong Zhang
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Dev Genes Evol 213:382-9. 2003..This is in contrast to murine knockout studies that indicate that TIMP-2 does not have a major role in mouse embryogenesis...
- Endothelial tubulogenesis within fibrin gels specifically requires the activity of membrane-type-matrix metalloproteinases (MT-MMPs)Marc A Lafleur
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich, NR4 7TJ, UK
J Cell Sci 115:3427-38. 2002..Therefore MT-MMPs and specifically MT1-MMP are likely candidates for involvement during endothelial tubulogenesis within a fibrin matrix, and thus their blockade may be a viable strategy for inhibition of angiogenesis...
- Exogenous introduction of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 reduces accelerated growth of TGF-β-disrupted diffuse-type gastric carcinomaErik Johansson
Department of Molecular Pathology and the Global Center of Excellence Program for Integrative Life Science Based on the Study of Biosignaling Mechanisms, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:2398-403. 2010..In the present study, we show that TGF-β induces upregulation of expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 (TIMP2) in the OCUM-2MLN cell line in vitro, and that expression of TIMP2 is repressed by dnTβ..
- Perivascular cells regulate endothelial membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase activityM A Lafleur
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich, NR4 7TJ, England
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 282:463-73. 2001..This interplay may be important for maintenance of blood vessel architecture and neovascularisation...
- Localization of the functional domains of human tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-3 and the effects of a Sorsby's fundus dystrophy mutationK P Langton
Krebs Institute for Biomolecular Research, Department of Pathology, University of Sheffield, Medical School, Sheffield S10 2RX, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 273:16778-81. 1998..These data favor the hypothesis that the TIMP-3 mutations seen in Sorsby's fundus dystrophy contribute to disease progression by accumulation of mutant protein rather than by the loss of functional TIMP-3...
- Inhibition of osteolytic bone metastasis of breast cancer by combined treatment with the bisphosphonate ibandronate and tissue inhibitor of the matrix metalloproteinase-2T Yoneda
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery II, Okayama University School of Dentistry, Okayama 700, Japan
J Clin Invest 99:2509-17. 1997....
- MMP-9 protein level does not reflect overall MMP activity in the airways of patients with COPDGillian E Lowrey
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK
Respir Med 102:845-51. 2008..MMP-9 protein is increased in COPD and we hypothesized that total MMP activity would be raised although this has not previously been measured...
- A theoretical model of type I collagen proteolysis by matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) 2 and membrane type 1 MMP in the presence of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2Emmanouil D Karagiannis
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 279:39105-14. 2004....
- TIMP-2 disrupts FGF-2-induced downstream signaling pathwaysDong Wan Seo
Department of Molecular Bioscience, Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon 200 701, Republic of Korea
Microvasc Res 76:145-51. 2008....
- Downregulation of matrix metalloproteinases and reduction in collagen damage in the failing human heart after support with left ventricular assist devicesY Y Li
Cardiovascular Institute, Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Circulation 104:1147-52. 2001..These changes may contribute to the functional recovery and LV plasticity after LVAD support...
- Inflammation in stasis dermatitis upregulates MMP-1, MMP-2 and MMP-13 expressionY Herouy
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center, Hauptstr 7, 79104, Freiburg, Germany
J Dermatol Sci 25:198-205. 2001..Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) may play an important role in the remodeling of lesional skin in stasis dermatitis...
- Effects of cyclic mechanical stretch on extracellular matrix synthesis by human scleral fibroblastsLilian Shelton
Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, 940 Stanton L Young Boulevard, BMSB, Room 553, Oklahoma City, OK 73103, USA
Exp Eye Res 84:314-22. 2007..Increased levels of ActiveMMP-2 in the sclera would be expected to contribute to scleral extracellular matrix degradation, scleral thinning and possible ocular ectasia...
- The effects of preeclampsia and oxygen environment on endothelial release of matrix metalloproteinase-2Shaila J Merchant
Department of Physiology, Perinatal Research Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Hypertens Pregnancy 23:47-60. 2004..Our specific hypothesis is that cells from normal pregnancies will demonstrate enhanced MMP-2 release at low oxygen (< 0.5%, 2%) compared to high oxygen (20%), thus mimicking the behavior of preeclamptic cells...
- The soluble catalytic domain of membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase cleaves the propeptide of progelatinase A and initiates autoproteolytic activation. Regulation by TIMP-2 and TIMP-3H Will
In Vitek GmbH, Robert Roessle Strasse 10, D 13125 Berlin Buch, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 271:17119-23. 1996..These data demonstrate the basic mechanism of MT1-MMP action on progelatinase A and the reason for the lack of inhibition by TIMP-1 previously demonstrated in cell-based activation studies...
- Tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase 2 inhibits endothelial cell migration through increased expression of RECKJunseo Oh
National Cancer Institute, Center for Cancer Research, Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 64:9062-9. 2004..Secondly, TIMP-2 can disrupt VEGF signaling required for initiation of hMVEC migration. Third, TIMP-2 can enhance expression of RECK via Rap1 signaling resulting in an indirect, time-dependent inhibition of endothelial cell migration...
- The role of matrix metalloproteinase genes in glioma invasion: co-dependent and interactive proteolysisT E VanMeter
Department of Neuropathology, Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London, De Crespigny Park, London, UK
J Neurooncol 53:213-35. 2001..These data underline the importance of functional interaction of MMPs with accessory proteins such as integrins during invasion, and the need for further studies to elucidate the molecular underpinnings of this process...
- Phase I and pharmacologic study of the specific matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor BAY 12-9566 on a protracted oral daily dosing schedule in patients with solid malignanciesE K Rowinsky
Institute for Drug Development, University of Texas Health Science Center, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonia, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:178-86. 2000....
- Endometrial tumor invasiveness is related to metalloproteinase 2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 expressionsO Graesslin
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Tenon, AP HP, Paris, France
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1911-7. 2006..These results support the involvement of MMPs and TIMPs in endometrial tumor growth and progression. High MMP-2 and low TIMP-2 expression were the most potent markers of endometrial tumors with a high risk of local and distant spread...
- Collagen turnover is diminished by different clones of skin fibroblasts from early- but not late-stage systemic sclerosisCamilo S Zurita-Salinas
Department of Immunology and Rheumatology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Vasco de Quiroga 15, Tlalpan, 14000, Mexico City, Mexico
Rheumatol Int 24:283-90. 2004....
- Modulation of tumor-host interactions, angiogenesis, and tumor growth by tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 via a novel mechanismAndrew L Feldman
Metabolism Section, Surgery Branch, Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 64:4481-6. 2004Solid tumors depend on angiogenesis for sustained growth. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 (TIMP-2) is an angiogenesis inhibitor initially characterized for its ability to block matrix metalloproteinases; however, recent data ..
- Expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases TIMP-2 in human colorectal cancer--a predictor of tumour stageP Ring
Department of Medical and Physiological Chemistry, Uppsala Biomedical Centre, University of Uppsala, Sweden
Br J Cancer 76:805-11. 1997..MMP-2 and MMP-9 stainings are of minor value in staging and prognostic prediction...
- MMP and TIMP gene expression in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas and adjacent tissuesB Birkedal-Hansen
Matrix Extracellular Pathology Section, Laboratory of Pathology, DCS, NCI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Oral Dis 6:376-82. 2000....
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases and their tissue inhibitors in human brain tumorsK Lampert
Abteilung Neuropathologie, Medizinische Universitatsklinik, Universitat Freiburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 153:429-37. 1998..Furthermore, the present study demonstrates, to our knowledge for the first time, that medulloblastomas express high levels of MMP...
- Tissue and circulating immunoreactive protein for MMP-2 and TIMP-2 in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma--tissue immunoreactivity predicts aggressive clinical courseHenni Ruokolainen
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, University of Oulu and Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Mod Pathol 19:208-17. 2006....
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP-2). A new member of the metalloproteinase inhibitor familyW G Stetler-Stevenson
Tumor Invasion and Metastasis Section, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 264:17374-8. 1989..Based on its sequence homology to TIMP and ability to inhibit type IV collagenolysis we propose the name TIMP-2 for this inhibitor...
- Membrane-type matrix metalloproteinases (MT-MMPs): expression and function during glioma invasionH L Fillmore
Division of Neurosurgery Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
J Neurooncol 53:187-202. 2001..The development of pharmaceutical approaches that target expression and regulation of MT-MMPs may prove beneficial in targeting invading glioma cells...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 (TIMP-2) suppresses TKR-growth factor signaling independent of metalloproteinase inhibitionS E Hoegy
Extracellular Matrix Pathology Section, Laboratory of Pathology, Division of Clinical Sciences, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-1500, USA
J Biol Chem 276:3203-14. 2001..These studies represent a new functional paradigm for TIMP-2 in which TIMP suppresses EGF-mediated mitogenic signaling by short-circuiting EGFR activation...
- Metalloproteinases and their inhibitors: influence on tumor invasiveness and metastasis formation in head and neck squamous cell carcinomasTibor Görögh
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Arnold Heller Str 14, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Head Neck 28:31-9. 2006..Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) play an important role in tumor invasiveness. This study investigates the expression status of MMPs and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas (HNSCC)...
- Selective inhibition of ADAM12 catalytic activity through engineering of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 (TIMP-2)Marie Kveiborg
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotech Research and Innovation Centre, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochem J 430:79-86. 2010..Taken together, our findings support the idea that a distinctive ADAM12 inhibitor with future therapeutic potential can be designed...
- AdTIMP-2 inhibits tumor growth, angiogenesis, and metastasis, and prolongs survival in miceH Li
DIFEMA, , 76000 Rouen, France
Hum Gene Ther 12:515-26. 2001..In addition, AdTIMP-2-treated mice showed a significantly prolonged survival in all the cancer models tested. These data demonstrate the potential of adenovirus-mediated TIMP-2 therapy in cancer treatment...
- Elevated membrane-type matrix metalloproteinases in gliomas revealed by profiling proteases and inhibitors in human cancer cellsRobert K Nuttall
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Mol Cancer Res 1:333-45. 2003..Concurrent elevation of signaling molecules suggests potential bidirectional relationships that enhance tumor aggressiveness...
- Type I collagen-induced MMP-2 activation coincides with up-regulation of membrane type 1-matrix metalloproteinase and TIMP-2 in cardiac fibroblastsChun Guo
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, De Montfort University, Leicester LE1 9BH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:46699-708. 2003..These results suggest that the migration and invasion of cardiac fibroblasts is furin-dependent and that the active species of MT1-MMP and MMP-2 may be involved in both events...
- Combined antiestrogen, antiangiogenic and anti-invasion therapy inhibits primary and metastatic tumor growth in the MMTVneu model of breast cancerM G Sacco
Department of Human Genome and Multifactorial Diseases, Istituto di Tecnologie Biomediche, ITB CNR, Segrate, Italy
Gene Ther 10:1903-9. 2003..This combined therapy could become an important component of anticancer therapy in humans...
- Regulation of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase activity by vacuolar H+-ATPasesErik Maquoi
Laboratory of Tumor and Development Biology, University of Liege, Tour de Pathologie B23, Sart Tilman, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Biochem J 373:19-24. 2003..This study demonstrates that the catalytic activity of MT1-MMP on the cell surface is regulated through a vacuolar H(+)-ATPase-dependent degradation process...
- Effects of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 deficiency on aneurysm formationWanfen Xiong
Department of Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 7690, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:1061-6. 2006..At higher concentrations, TIMP-2 becomes an inhibitor of MMP-2. Thus, TIMP-2 could both augment and inhibit matrix degradation. This study was undertaken to define the net effect of TIMP-2 on matrix destruction and aneurysm formation...
- Modulation of phorbol ester-induced regulation of matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases by SB203580, a specific inhibitor of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseMyung Jin Park
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Korea Cancer Center Hospital, Seoul
J Neurosurg 97:112-8. 2002....
- Effect of repeated infliximab therapy on serum matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in patients with rheumatoid arthritisPiotr Adrian Klimiuk
Department of Rheumatology and Internal Diseases, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
J Rheumatol 31:238-42. 2004..We investigated the effects of multiple infusions of infliximab, a chimeric anti-tumor necrosis factor-a (anti-TNF-a) antibody, on concentrations of serum MMP and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMP) in patients with active RA...
- Methylseleninic acid inhibits PMA-stimulated pro-MMP-2 activation mediated by MT1-MMP expression and further tumor invasion through suppression of NF-kappaB activationJong Min Park
Department of Biological Science, Biochemical Toxicology Lab, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1, Guseong Dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon, 305 701, South Korea
Carcinogenesis 28:837-47. 2007..Thus, our results suggest that MSeA blocks tumor invasion in vitro via inhibiting pro-MMP-2 activation mediated by suppression of MT1-MMP expression, which is regulated by the NF-kappaB signal pathway...
- Hypoxia stimulates breast carcinoma cell invasion through MT1-MMP and MMP-2 activationU M Muñoz-Nájar
Center for Vascular Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 3501, USA
Oncogene 25:2379-92. 2006..Our studies suggest that hypoxic tumor microenvironments promote breast cancer invasion through an MT1-MMP-dependent mechanism...
- Changes in scleral MMP-2, TIMP-2 and TGFbeta-2 mRNA expression after imposed myopic and hyperopic defocus in chickensRuth Schippert
Section of Neurobiology of the Eye, University Eye Hospital, Calwerstr 7 1, 72074 Tubingen, Germany
Exp Eye Res 82:710-9. 2006..These changes were confined to the eyes that also displayed reduced growth, suggesting a role of TGFbeta-2 in the final steps of visual eye growth regulation...
- MMP-2 levels are elevated in the plasma of women who subsequently develop preeclampsiaJenny E Myers
Maternal and Fetal Health Research Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Hypertens Pregnancy 24:103-15. 2005..To determine levels of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 and MMP-9, and the tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMP)-1 and TIMP-2 in the plasma of women destined to develop preeclampsia prior to the onset of clinical disease...
- Modified synthetic siRNA targeting tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 inhibits hepatic fibrogenesis in ratsYing Bin Hu
Department of Digestive Diseases, Xinhua Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, 1665 Kongjiang Road, Shanghai, 200092, P R China
J Gene Med 9:217-29. 2007..We investigate the effect of modified synthetic small interfering RNA (siRNA) targeting TIMP-2 in rat model of liver fibrosis...
- The protective effect of caffeic acid phenethyl ester against cyclosporine A-induced cardiotoxicity in ratsR Rezzani
Division of Human Anatomy, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, University of Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Toxicology 212:155-64. 2005..Moreover, it increased cytochrome-c-oxidase activity and decreased ROS production. These results suggest that CAPE could have protective effect against CsA-induced cardiotoxicity...
- Trafficking of the membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase in ischemia and reperfusion: relation to interstitial membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase activityAnne M Deschamps
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, and the Ralph H Johnson Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
Circulation 111:1166-74. 2005..A novel class, the membrane-type MMPs (MT-MMPs), has been identified in the myocardium, but activity of these MMP types has not been assessed in vivo, particularly during I/R...
- Significant relationship of matrix metalloproteinase 9 with nuclear grade and prognostic impact of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 for incidental clear cell renal cell carcinomaNozomu Kawata
Department of Urology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Urology 69:1049-53. 2007....
- Regulation of collagen prolyl 4-hydroxylase and matrix metalloproteinases in fibrosarcoma cells by hypoxiaMichael Fähling
Institut für Vegetative Physiologie, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Tucholskystr 2, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 139:119-26. 2004..Under long-term hypoxia, however, anti-fibrotic mechanisms prevail. Although P4H-alpha expression sustains at a high level, collagenolytic activities dominate by abolishing inhibition of synthesis and activity of MMPs...
- Suppressive activity of fexofenadine hydrochloride on metalloproteinase production from nasal fibroblasts in vitroK Asano
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Showa University, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1890-8. 2004..Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), MMP-2 and MMP-9, are the major proteolytic enzymes that induce airway remodelling. These enzymes are also important in the migration of inflammatory cells through basement membrane components...
- Suppression of matrix metalloproteinase production from nasal fibroblasts by macrolide antibiotics in vitroK Kanai
Dept of Otolaryngology, School of Medicine, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan
Eur Respir J 23:671-8. 2004..The present results suggest that the suppressive activity of roxithromycin on MMP-2 and -9 production is, in part, responsible for the therapeutic action of macrolides on chronic airway inflammatory diseases...
- Retroviral delivery of TIMP-2 inhibits H-ras-induced migration and invasion in MCF10A human breast epithelial cellsSeong Min Ahn
College of Pharmacy, Duksung Women s University, Seoul 132 714, South Korea
Cancer Lett 207:49-57. 2004....
- TIMP-2 mediates the anti-invasive effects of the nitric oxide-releasing prodrug JS-K in breast cancer cellsAnn Marie Simeone
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Breast Cancer Res 10:R44. 2008..NO prodrugs generate large amounts of NO upon metabolism by appropriate intracellular enzymes, and therefore could have potential in the prevention and therapy of metastatic breast cancer...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP-2) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 (TIMP-2) in medullary thyroid carcinoma: prognostic implicationsBeatriz G Cavalheiro
Head and Neck Surgery Service of the Brazilian Institute for Cancer Control IBCC, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thyroid 18:865-71. 2008Metalloproteinase 2 (MMP-2) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 (TIMP-2) participate in the degeneration of the extracellular matrix and are associated with carcinogenesis...
- Circulating matrix metalloproteinase-9 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases-1 and -2 levels in gestational hypertensionMuzahir H Tayebjee
Haemostasis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology Unit, University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Birmingham B18 7QH, UK
Am J Hypertens 18:325-9. 2005....
- Expression of MT-1 MMP, MMP2, MMP9 and TIMP2 mRNAs in ductal carcinoma in situ and invasive ductal carcinoma of the breastHee Jung Kim
Department of Pathology, MizMedi Breast Center, MizMedi Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 47:333-42. 2006..Considering the positive correlation of MT1-MMP mRNA and TIMP2mRNA expression, our finding supports a role for TIMP2 in tumor growth, as well as the utility of CD44std as a prognostic indicator of breast cancer...
- Spatiotemporal messenger ribonucleic acid expression of ovarian tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases throughout the rat estrous cycleK S Simpson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Endocrinology 142:2058-69. 2001..The presence of TIMP-2 mRNA in regressing CL suggests an involvement in luteal demise, whereas TIMP-3 may play a role in the health of the follicle as well as in CL regression...
- Structural insight into the complex formation of latent matrix metalloproteinase 2 with tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2Ekaterina Morgunova
Division of Matrix Biology, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:7414-9. 2002..This unique structure provides information for how specificity for noninhibitory MMP/TIMP complex formation is achieved...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in the nasal mucosa of patients with perennial allergic rhinitisA Shaida
Department of Otolaryngology, St Bartholomew's and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 108:791-6. 2001..There is no upregulation of MMPs or changes in TIMP expression in the nasal mucosa of patients with allergic rhinitis...
- Down-regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor by tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2: effect on in vivo mammary tumor growth and angiogenesisA Hajitou
Laboratories of Tumor and Development Biology, , Sart-Tilman, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Cancer Res 61:3450-7. 2001..fgf-4-induced tumors. This effect of TIMP-2 was shown to be equally comparable with that of angiostatin, a known potent inhibitor of angiogenesis...
- Matrix metalloproteinases mediate the dismantling of mesenchymal structures in the tadpole tail during thyroid hormone-induced tail resorptionJae Chang Jung
New England Eye Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, 750 Washington Street, Box 450, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Dev Dyn 223:402-13. 2002..These findings suggest that MMPs and TIMPs act in concert to effect the dismantling of mesenchymal structures during T(3)-induced metamorphic tadpole tail resorption...
- Expression of chemokines and matrix metalloproteinases in early rheumatoid arthritisA Katrib
Rheumatology Unit, Prince of Wales Hospital, Inflammation Research Unit, School of Pathology, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Rheumatology (Oxford) 40:988-94. 2001..Targeting chemokines which play a role in the migration of macrophages into the joints may be of therapeutic benefit in RA patients...
- Vascular smooth muscle cells and pericytes express MMP-1, MMP-9, TIMP-1 and type I procollagen in inflammatory bowel diseaseS Arihiro
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medical Science, Sendai, Japan
Histopathology 39:50-9. 2001..MMP-1 expression in the mucosa may be related to the initial step of ulceration in UC. Therapeutic manipulation of extracellular matrix turnover would be an effective therapy to alleviate active inflammation and accelerate ulcer healing...
- Secretion and gene expression of metalloproteinases and gene expression of their inhibitors in porcine corpora lutea at different stages of the luteal phaseL Pitzel
Clinical and Experimental Endocrinology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Gottingen, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Biol Reprod 62:1121-7. 2000..It is concluded that at the beginning of luteolysis, MMPs are expressed and released in high amounts and that this is essential for the structural regression of the CL...
- Expression of various matrix proteases and Ets family transcriptional factors in ovarian cancer cell lines: correlation to invasive potentialA Nishikawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Sapporo Medical University, S1 W16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, 060 8543, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 79:256-63. 2000..The aim of our study was to determine the important molecules responsible for the invasive activity of ovarian cancer cells...
- The role of matrix metalloproteinase activity in the maturation of human capillary endothelial cells in vitroB M Kräling
Surgical Research Laboratory, Division of Plastic Surgery and Children s Hospital, Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Cell Sci 112:1599-609. 1999..These data suggest that our cell culture assay provides a simple and feasible model system for the study of capillary endothelial cell differentiation and vessel maturation in vitro...
- Expression of MMP-2 and MMP-9, their inhibitors, and the activator MT1-MMP in primary breast carcinomasJ L Jones
Breast Cancer Research Unit, Department of Pathology, University of Leicester, Glenfield General Hospital, Groby Road, Leicester LE3 9QP, U K
J Pathol 189:161-8. 1999..The association of MMP-9 with the infiltrating lobular phenotype may reveal novel mechanisms of control for this metalloproteinase...
- Structure and characterization of the human tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 geneK Hammani
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90054 0700, USA
J Biol Chem 271:25498-505. 1996..These differences are likely to explain the specific roles that these inhibitors play in the regulation of matrix metalloproteinases...
- Evolution of matrix metalloprotease and tissue inhibitor expression during heart failure progression in the infarcted ratJ T Peterson
Department of Cardiovascular Therapeutics, Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research, Division of Warner Lambert Company, 2800 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Cardiovasc Res 46:307-15. 2000....
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in medulloblastomas and their prognostic relevanceOzlem Ozen
Zentrum für Neuropathologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich
Clin Cancer Res 10:4746-53. 2004....
- Prognostic significance of matrix metalloproteinases-1, -2, -7 and -13 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases-1, -2, -3 and -4 in colorectal cancerMarja Hilska
Department of Surgery, Turku University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
Int J Cancer 121:714-23. 2007..Different biologic behavior or different genetic development may explain the differences between colon and rectal cancers regarding the expression of MMP-2, TIMP-3 and TIMP-4...
- The Role of SPARC in Neuroblastoma AngiogenesisSusan Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Regulation of TIMP-2 in Neuron Cell CycleDIANE JAWORSKI; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ECM Regulation by Estrogen in ARMDSharon Elliot; Fiscal Year: 2006..Conversely, we expect that estrogen's antioxidant action on the cell membrane will diminish MPO-induced blebbing and that activation of estrogen receptors will modify matrix molecule dysregulation. ..
- The Role of TIMP-1 in Uterine PhysiologyWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will broaden our understanding on the role of TIMP-1 in uterine physiology and may help to develop new strategies to treat uterine disorders such as infertility, endometriosis and uterine cancer. ..
- FAT MEDIATED INSULIN SECRETION AND DIABETES IN ELDERLYGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2003..We hope that this project will help to better understand the mechanisms by which obesity contributes to the development of NIDDM. ..
- Fat Induced Insulin Resistance and AtherosclerosisGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that these studies will provide important new information relative to the mechanism by which obesity and FFAs cause IR and ASVD in human subjects. ..
- Free Fatty Acids and Hepatic Insulin ResistanceGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will hopefully provide much needed information relative to important details and mechanisms of FFA induced hepatic insulin resistance. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Collagenolysis and Elastolysis in Urinary IncontinenceBertha Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our goal is to identify specific pathophysiologic changes related to reproductive events and aging which underlie the development of SUI as a first step to identifying potential targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Estrogen regulation of uterine microRNAs: Novel factors in MMP-9 regulationWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..Enhancing our understanding on the regulation of MMP-9 expression may lead to the establishment of novel approaches to counteract mis-expression of this protease and the diseases associated with it. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Arterial 5-HT Transporter FunctionStephanie Watts; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Targeting the PEX Domain of MT1-MMP: Novel Cancer TherapyJian Cao; Fiscal Year: 2010..I propose that the current project will help us to better understand cancer progression and lead to the development of novel basic tools for treatment of early stage cancer. ..
- Cerebrovascular mechanisms of ischemic injury in diabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MMP-2 in Neonatal Hypoxic Pulmonary Vascular RemodelingNamasivayam Ambalavanan; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MT1-MMP pericellular proteolysis in malignancyAlex Strongin; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of these experiments have a very high probability of providing an effective means to regulate the MT1-MMP function in the setting of the disease. ..
- Vascular Protection & Endothelin B Receptors in DiabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- SMOKING-RELATED OXIDANTS,HTN, & DRY MACULAR DEGENERATIONMARIA MARIN CASTANO; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tumor metastasis: Biobehavioral mechanismsAnil K Sood; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Vascular Biology of Tissue FactorWolfram Ruf; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies have, and will continue to produce original data and advanced knowledge of the TF driven thrombotic and inflammatory diseases and new routes to reduce the impact of these diseases. ..
- Structure-based Drug Design for Smallpox TherapyAlex Strongin; Fiscal Year: 2008..When appropriate benchmarks are met, the drug candidates will be delivered to the government for continued testing and refinement involving the variola virus. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CYTOKINES CONVERT EPITHELIAL PRECURSORS TO NEPHRONSJonathan M Barasch; Fiscal Year: 2010..We apply the basic ideas and tools of cell biologyto define the course of polarization and establish a fluorescent polarity mouse to evaluate the entire transition form mesenchyme to epithelia. ..
- Novel Roles for ADAM15 in Acute Lung InjuryCaroline A Owen; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- RELAXIN FAMILY PEPTIDES AND HEPATIC FIBROSISRobert Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2009..The research proposed in this application may lead to targeted therapeutic strategies for the treatment of liver disease, a major health concern in the United States. ..
- ACT,a pathophysiological inhibitor of MMP-9 activationYuan Ping Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..Understanding the function, structure and regulation of the inhibitor can provide information for future application in developing of therapy for abnormal wounds and cancer metastasis. ..
- Targeting Metastatic Breast Cancer with Human AntibodiesBrunhilde Felding Habermann; Fiscal Year: 2009..Novel immunoconjugates containing small, highly toxic compounds will be tested for their effects on metastatic breast cancer. If successful, this work will contribute to an improvement of current anti-cancer treatment. ..
- Hepatic Stellate Cell Derived MMP9 in Liver FibrogenesisYuan Ping Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..Lastly, knock-out and knock-in methods will be used to test the roles of IL-1 signaling and MMP-9 expression in early and late liver fibrogenesis in vivo. ..
- C-Reactive Protein in Extremely Low Birth Weight NeonatesNamasivayam Ambalavanan; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Roles for MMP-8 in Acute Lung InjuryCaroline Owen; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate that in the future, our studies will facilitate the development of new treatment strategies that may reduce mortality and morbidity in ALl syndromes. ..
- Hydroxamate-based therapy to target T cell homing in IDDMAlex Strongin; Fiscal Year: 2007..We strongly believe that the results of [unreadable] our experimental program will lead to the development of new and effective anti-diabetic therapies for IDDM patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- METALLOPROTEINASES IN VENTILATOR-INDUCED LUNG INJURYHussein Foda; Fiscal Year: 2003..By better understanding the mechanisms that lead to ventilator-induced lung injury, therapeutic strategies may be devised to improve the outcome in this highly fatal condition. ..
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockade and Chronic RejectionBryan Becker; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ROLE OF TIMPS AND MMPS IN CORNEAL ULCERATIONKAREN KERNACKI; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim 4: To similarly examine specific TIMPs (TIMP-1 and -4) in the pathogenesis of corneal alkali-burn in inbred mice using moderate vs severe burns. ..
- Mechanism of Endothelial Dysfunction in DiabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will lead to the development of novel therapeutic targets for the high-risk diabetic patients and may identify subgroups of patients that would be more suitable for these new treatment strategies. ..
- E M Transdifferentiation in Proximal Tubule CellsBryan Becker; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- The Role and Regulation of TIMP-1 in Lung InflammationDAVID MADTES; Fiscal Year: 2005..Studies are proposed to define if CD4O induces TIMP-1 translation by usage of alternative 5' transcription start sites, increased transcript translocation or increased translational efficiency. ..
- IVIS 200 Imaging SystemBrunhilde Felding Habermann; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Cathepsin B and cystatin C in AD-related neuronal damageLi Gan; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will shed light on the potential role of cysC in AD pathogenesis and further our understanding on the CatB-mediated neuronal damage in AD. ..
- Mast Cell Role in Masseter Muscle RepairJOYCE MORRIS WIMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Integrin Activation in Breast Cancer MetastasisBrunhilde Felding Habermann; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Develop Effective Inhibitors of Anthrax Lethal FactorAlex Strongin; Fiscal Year: 2006..We are confident that the resulting LF antagonist(s) will efficiently and safely provide the therapy that is so urgently required. ..
- Role of Fibroblast-Derived MT1-MMP in Oral CancerEben Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Translational Research in Transplant NephrologyBryan Becker; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also work to meet the NIH's goal of increasing the number of physician-scientists conducting high-quality patient-oriented research. ..
- VASCULAR BIOLOGY IN CANCERThomas Edgington; Fiscal Year: 2006..Weekly seminars and review of data are conducted by each of the faculty members with their group. M.D., Ph.D. and M.D./Ph.D. candidates are recruited and prepared for an independent investigative career. ..
- The function of Runx1 in the ovaryMisung Jo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such knowledge can be applied for promoting or inhibiting these critical facets of ovarian physiology, thereby allowing us to better manage fertility, infertility, and ovarian-based disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Osteopontin and Bone Metastasis in Breast CancerToshiyuki Yoneda; Fiscal Year: 2007..OPN is a potential therapeutic target for bone and also non-bone metastases in breast cancer. ..
- Estrogen and Aging effects on Transvaginal TransportGeorge Gorodeski; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..