Genomes and Genes
tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1
Summary: A member of the family of TISSUE INHIBITOR OF METALLOPROTEINASES. It is a N-glycosylated protein, molecular weight 28 kD, produced by a vast range of cell types and found in a variety of tissues and body fluids. It has been shown to suppress metastasis and inhibit tumor invasion in vitro.
Publications299 found, 100 shown here
- Prognostic significance of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 serum and tissue expression in breast cancerZheng Sheng Wu
Department of Pathology, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 122:2050-6. 2008..Our findings suggest that MMP-9 and TIMP-1 may further be evaluated as biomarkers for predicting progression and prognosis of breast cancer...
- Dynamic changes in matrix metalloproteinase 9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 levels during wound healing in diabetic ratsChuan Yang
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 99:489-96. 2009..caused by diabetes and measured the dynamic changes in matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1) levels...
- Tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases are elevated in cerebrospinal fluid of neurodegenerative diseasesS Lorenzl
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 East 68th Street Room A 501, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Neurol Sci 207:71-6. 2003..These findings show that TIMPs are elevated in the CSF of patients with neurodegenerative diseases suggesting a potential role of these endogenous inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases in neurodegenerative diseases...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 alters the tumorigenicity of Burkitt's lymphoma via divergent effects on tumor growth and angiogenesisL Guedez
National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, Extracellular Matrix Section, Laboratory of Pathology, Division of Clinical Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Pathol 158:1207-15. 2001..These findings suggest that TIMP-1 is an important mediator of the in vivo growth properties of EBV-positive Burkitt's lymphoma...
- TIMP-1 gene deficiency increases tumour cell sensitivity to chemotherapy-induced apoptosisM L Davidsen
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Ridebanevej 9, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Br J Cancer 95:1114-20. 2006....
- Plasma and serum levels of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 are associated with prognosis in node-negative breast cancer: a prospective studySidse Ørnbjerg Würtz
Department of Veterinary Pathology, The Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Ridebanevej 9, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:424-30. 2008..This was especially true in the node-negative group of patients and in patients already defined as low risk patients using the currently available prognostic parameters...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and oral cancerG T Thomas
Department of Oral Pathology, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Healthcare Sciences, University of London, UK
Oral Oncol 35:227-33. 1999....
- High levels of messenger RNAs for tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMP-1 and TIMP-2) in primary breast carcinomas are associated with development of distant metastasesA H Ree
Departments of Tumor Biology and Pathology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, and Hormone Laboratory, Aker Hospital, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Clin Cancer Res 3:1623-8. 1997..The present data suggest that high levels of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 mRNAs in the primary carcinomas are strongly associated with development of metastasis in breast cancer...
- Expression and regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 and matrix metalloproteinases by intestinal myofibroblasts in inflammatory bowel diseaseBrian C McKaig
Division of Gastroenterology, University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 162:1355-60. 2003..These studies illustrate a potential mechanism by which differential expression of isoforms of TGF-beta may lead to excessive deposition of extracellular matrix and stricture formation via TIMP-1-mediated inhibition of MMP activity...
- Serum TIMP-1, TIMP-2, and MMP-1 in patients with systemic sclerosis, primary Raynaud's phenomenon, and in normal controlsS A Young-Min
Department of Rheumatology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 60:846-51. 2001..It is suggested that decreased serum levels of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) or increased levels of tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases (TIMPs) may account for this matrix accumulation...
- Pulmonary matrix metalloproteinase excess in hospital-acquired pneumoniaChristine M Hartog
Medizinische Klinik III and Klinik für Anaesthesiologie, Medical University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:593-8. 2003..These are the first data suggesting that neutrophil-derived MMPs are increased in hospital-acquired pneumonia in association to the detection of causative microorganisms and clinical severity...
- TIMP-2 is required for efficient activation of proMMP-2 in vivoZ Wang
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Buffalo, New York 16263, USA
J Biol Chem 275:26411-5. 2000..Mutant mice were overtly normal, viable, and fertile on the C57BL/6 background, indicating that both TIMP-2 and activated proMMP-2 are dispensable for normal development...
- Role of matrix metalloproteinases in inflammatory bowel diseaseYuji Naito
Department of Medical Proteomics, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Mol Aspects Med 26:379-90. 2005..This review focuses on recent progress in elucidating the biological and pathological roles of MMPs in inflammatory bowel disease...
- Constraining specificity in the N-domain of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1; gelatinase-selective inhibitorsAsmaa B Hamze
College of Biomedical Science, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida 33431, USA
Protein Sci 16:1905-13. 2007..8 and 0.4 nM for MMP-2 and -9, respectively. Interestingly, the Gly mutant has a Ki of 2.1 nM for MMP-9 and >40 muM for MMP-2, indicating that engineered TIMPs can discriminate between MMPs in the same subfamily...
- Serum TIMP-1 and response to the aromatase inhibitor letrozole versus tamoxifen in metastatic breast cancerAllan Lipton
Penn State University, Hershey Medical Center, Hematology Oncology, 500 University Dr, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2653-8. 2008..To determine the effect of elevated serum TIMP-1 on the response of patients with metastatic breast cancer to an aromatase inhibitor versus tamoxifen...
- Total levels of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 in plasma yield high diagnostic sensitivity and specificity in patients with colon cancerMads N Holten-Andersen
The Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Cancer Res 8:156-64. 2002....
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) induces matrix metalloproteinase expression in immortalized chondrocytesThomas Pufe
Department of Anatomy, University of Kiel, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
J Pathol 202:367-74. 2004..These findings indicate that VEGF is an autocrine stimulator of immortalized chondrocytes that mediates mainly destructive processes in osteoarthritis...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors in acute lung injurySuzanne E G Fligiel
Department of Pathology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Hum Pathol 37:422-30. 2006..On the other hand, the presence of detectable MMP-1 and/or MMP-3 is an indicator of more ominous disease progression...
- Interleukin 13 blocks the release of collagen from bovine nasal cartilage treated with proinflammatory cytokinesC S Cleaver
Department of Rheumatology, School of Clinical and Medical Sciences, 4th Floor Catherine Cookson Building, The Medical School, Framlington Place, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 60:150-7. 2001..To investigate whether interleukin 13 (IL13) could act in a chondroprotective manner and protect cartilage stimulated to resorb with a combination of IL1alpha and oncostatin M (OSM), in a similar way to the anti-inflammatory cytokine, IL4...
- TIMP-1 is significantly associated with objective response and survival in metastatic colorectal cancer patients receiving combination of irinotecan, 5-fluorouracil, and folinic acidNanna M Sørensen
Section of Biomedicine, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Cancer Res 13:4117-22. 2007..We raised the hypothesis that elevated tumor tissue levels and thereby plasma levels of TIMP-1 would predict resistance to apoptosis-inducing chemotherapy...
- Increased expression of matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases 1 and 2 correlate with poor prognostic variables in renal cell carcinomaB V Kallakury
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:3113-9. 2001..More importantly, the recently documented paradoxical functions of TIMPs have not been characterized in these neoplasms...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 and its natural inhibitor TIMP-1 expressed or secreted by peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients with systemic lupus erythematosusCristiana Matache
Department of Immunology, Cantacuzino National Institute of Research, Splaiul Independentei 103, Bucharest R 70 100, Romania
J Autoimmun 20:323-31. 2003..Taken together, these observations suggested the multiple roles of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 in progress of inflammation and tissue damage and/or in repair, depending on clinical stages of SLE...
- MMP-2- and MMP-9-linked gelatinolytic activity in the sputum from patients with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseD Cataldo
Department of Pneumology, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 123:259-67. 2000..The course of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is associated with bronchial morphological changes. Metalloproteinases are thought to play a role in these structural changes...
- Effects of age, gender, ethnicity, diurnal variation and exercise on circulating levels of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP)-2 and -9, and their inhibitors, tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases (TIMP)-1 and -2Muzahir H Tayebjee
Haemostasis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology Unit, University Department of Medicine, City Hospital, Birmingham B18 7QH, United Kingdom
Thromb Res 115:205-10. 2005..We therefore studied these aspects on plasma levels of MMP-2 and -9 and TIMP-1 and -2, as the major metalloproteinases (and their inhibitors) implicated in pathophysiology of vascular disease...
- Interleukin-6 regulation of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-2 and MMP-9) and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP-1) expression in malignant non-Hodgkin's lymphomasA E Kossakowska
Department of Pathology, University of Calgary, Calgary Laboratory Services, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Blood 94:2080-9. 1999..We postulate that IL-6 may play a role in the clinical aggressiveness of human NHL by stimulating MMP production...
- Vesicular trafficking and secretion of matrix metalloproteinases-2, -9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in neuronal cellsOualid Sbai
Neurobiologie des Interactions Cellulaires et Neurophysiopathologie NICN, UMR 6184 CNRS Université de la Méditerranée, Faculte de Medecine, IFR Jean Roche, Bd Pierre Dramard, 13916 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Mol Cell Neurosci 39:549-68. 2008..Our results show differential trafficking of MMP and TIMP-1-containing vesicles in neuronal cells and suggest that these vesicles could play a role in neuronal and synaptic plasticity...
- Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are required for re-epithelialization of cutaneous woundsM S Agren
Department of Dermatology D92, Bispebjerg Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Arch Dermatol Res 291:583-90. 1999..Our results suggest that MMPs are directly involved and necessary in epithelial resurfacing of moist skin wounds...
- Quantitative estimation of matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 7 (MMP-2, MMP-7) and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases 1 and 2 (TIMP-1, TIMP-2) in colorectal carcinoma tissue samplesM Pesta
Central Laboratory of Radioisotopes, Charles University and Faculty Hospital, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Anticancer Res 25:3387-91. 2005..The aim of our study was to assess the levels of MMP-2, MMP-7, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 mRNA expression in colorectal carcinoma tissue samples and to correlate them with the stage of the disease...
- Membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase cleaves CD44 and promotes cell migrationM Kajita
Department of Cancer Cell Research, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokane dai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Cell Biol 153:893-904. 2001..These findings revealed a novel interaction of the two molecules that have each been implicated in tumor cell migration and invasion...
- TIMP-1 inhibits apoptosis in breast carcinoma cells via a pathway involving pertussis toxin-sensitive G protein and c-SrcSeo Jin Lee
Department of Biochemistry, College of Science, and Protein Network Research Center, Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 312:1196-201. 2003..These findings demonstrate that the ability of TIMP-1 to inhibit apoptosis in T-47D cells is mediated by the sequential activation of pertussis toxin-sensitive G protein, c-Src, PI3 kinase, and Akt...
- Unbalanced collagenases/TIMP-1 expression and epithelial apoptosis in experimental lung fibrosisVictor Ruiz
Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Respiratorias, Mexico City, DF, CP 14080, Mexico
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 285:L1026-36. 2003..Resistant animals behave as controls. These findings suggest that an imbalance between collagenases and TIMPs, excessive gelatinolytic activity, and epithelial apoptosis participate in the fibrotic response in this experimental model...
- Targeted deletion of matrix metalloproteinase-9 attenuates left ventricular enlargement and collagen accumulation after experimental myocardial infarctionA Ducharme
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, and Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 106:55-62. 2000..The decrease in collagen accumulation and the enhanced expression of other MMPs suggest that MMP-9 plays a prominent role in extracellular matrix remodeling after MI...
- Regulation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 by astrocytes: links to HIV-1 dementiaRadhika Suryadevara
Laboratory of Cellular Neuroimmunology, Center for Neurovirology and Neurodegenerative Disorders, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198, USA
Glia 44:47-56. 2003..Our studies reveal new opportunities for repair-based therapeutic strategies in HAD...
- Divergent associations of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases-1 and -2 with the prothrombotic/fibrinolytic stateKonstantinos Aznaouridis
Atherosclerosis 195:212-5. 2007
- TIMP-1 overexpression in pancreatic cancer attenuates tumor growth, decreases implantation and metastasis, and inhibits angiogenesisMark Bloomston
Department of Surgery, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33601, USA
J Surg Res 102:39-44. 2002..This study was undertaken to determine the effects of overexpression of a natural tissue inhibitor of MMP (TIMP-1) on pancreatic cancer cell growth, metastasis, and angiogenesis...
- Differential regulation of MMP-1/9 and TIMP-1 secretion in human monocytic cells in response to Mycobacterium tuberculosisJ S Friedland
Department of Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Matrix Biol 21:103-10. 2002..Divergent effects of i on MMP and TIMP secretion from monocytes may be important in influencing matrix degradation in vivo...
- The role of C-C chemokines and their receptors in osteoarthritisG H Yuan
St. Marianna University, Kawasaki, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 44:1056-70. 2001....
- Differential expression of matrix metalloproteinases and their tissue-derived inhibitors in cutaneous wound repairC Soo
Department of Surgery, University of California at Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 105:638-47. 2000..In conclusion, there is a distinct pattern of MMP and TIMP expression during normal excisional wound repair...
- Nitric oxide regulates matrix metalloproteinase-9 activity by guanylyl-cyclase-dependent and -independent pathwaysLisa A Ridnour
Radiation Biology Branch and Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:16898-903. 2007....
- Activity and expression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator and matrix metalloproteinases in human colorectal cancerTae Dong Kim
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University and Hospital, Daejeon, 301 721, Korea
BMC Cancer 6:211. 2006..We designed this study to determine any differences in the expression of MMP-2, MMP-9 and uPA system between colon and rectal cancer tissues...
- TIMP-3 is a potent inhibitor of aggrecanase 1 (ADAM-TS4) and aggrecanase 2 (ADAM-TS5)M Kashiwagi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
J Biol Chem 276:12501-4. 2001..This provides a starting point for developing a biologically available aggrecanase inhibitor suitable for the treatment of arthritis...
- Regulation of hepatic fibrosis and extracellular matrix genes by the th response: new insight into the role of tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinasesB Vaillant
Schistosomiasis Immunology and Pathology Unit, Immunobiology Section, Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 167:7017-26. 2001..Indeed, our findings suggest that inhibiting profibrotic cytokines or specific MMP may be a more effective strategy to ameliorate fibrotic pathology...
- TIMP-1 alters susceptibility to carcinogenesisJin Sae Rhee
Medical Scientist Training Program, Cancer Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Cancer Res 64:952-61. 2004..The combined implications of these studies suggest that TIMP-1 is an important contributor to epithelial neoplastic progression and supports the concept that TIMP-1 exerts differential regulation on tissues in a stage-dependent manner...
- Levels of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 in paired sera and synovial fluids of juvenile idiopathic arthritis patients: relationship to inflammatory activity, MMP-3 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in a longitudinal studyN J Peake
Musculoskeletal Research Group, School of Clinical Medical Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:1383-9. 2005....
- Release and activity of matrix metalloproteinase-9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 by alveolar macrophages from patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseRichard E K Russell
Department of Thoracic Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College of Science, London, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 26:602-9. 2002....
- The significance of membrane type 1 metalloproteinase in structural involution of human corpora luteaKengo Manase
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cancer Research Institute, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 16 Chuo Ku, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 8:742-9. 2002..These results suggest that increased expression of MT1-MMP may be a major factor in remodelling of the human corpus luteum during structural luteolysis...
- Differences in the fibrogenic response after transfer of active transforming growth factor-beta1 gene to lungs of "fibrosis-prone" and "fibrosis-resistant" mouse strainsMartin Kolb
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine and Centre for Gene Therapeutics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 27:141-50. 2002....
- Novel functions of TIMPs in cell signalingRosemarie Chirco
Department of Pathology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 540 East Canfield Avenue, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 25:99-113. 2006....
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 adenoviral gene therapy alone is equally effective in reducing restenosis as combination gene therapy in a rabbit restenosis modelHanna L Puhakka
A I Virtanen Institute, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
J Vasc Res 42:361-7. 2005..vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-A with VEGF-C is more effective than the combination of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1) alone or with VEGF-C in a rabbit balloon denudation model...
- Paradoxical effects of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 gene transfer in collagen-induced arthritisF Apparailly
INSERM U475, Montpellier, France
Arthritis Rheum 44:1444-54. 2001....
- Plasma levels of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 correlate with disease stage and survival in colorectal cancer patientsErwin T Waas
Department of Surgery, University Medical Center Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Dis Colon Rectum 48:700-10. 2005..Our objective was to investigate the potential diagnostic and prognostic value of plasma matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 in colorectal cancer...
- The stromal proteinase MMP3/stromelysin-1 promotes mammary carcinogenesisM D Sternlicht
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0452, USA
Cell 98:137-46. 1999..The premalignant and malignant lesions have stereotyped genomic changes unlike those seen in other murine mammary cancer models. These data indicate that Str1 influences tumor initiation and alters neoplastic risk...
- TIMP-1 as a tumor marker in breast cancer--an updateSidse O Würtz
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Ridebanevej 9, University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Life Sciences, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Acta Oncol 47:580-90. 2008..Furthermore, we link the clinical findings with studies of the molecular actions of the TIMP-1 protein, raising hypotheses that may explain why TIMP-1 could play an important role in future management of breast cancer patients...
- Lung matrix metalloproteinase-9 correlates with cigarette smoking and obstruction of airflowMin Jong Kang
Department of Internal Medicine, Hallym University Sacred Heart Hospital, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Anyang, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 18:821-7. 2003....
- Effect of latanoprost on the expression of matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 on the ocular surfaceNorihiko Honda
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Ophthalmol 128:466-71. 2010..To investigate the effect of topical latanoprost on the expression of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1) on the ocular surface...
- Investigation of the molecular mechanisms preceding PDE4 inhibitor-induced vasculopathy in rats: tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1, a potential predictive biomarkerNicolas Dagues
Pfizer Global R and D, Drug Safety, Amboise, France
Toxicol Sci 100:238-47. 2007..Activation of genes coding for pro- and antioxidant enzymes, cytokines, adhesion molecules, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1) indicates that biomechanical stimuli may contribute to vascular oxidant stress, ..
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 protects human breast epithelial cells against intrinsic apoptotic cell death via the focal adhesion kinase/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and MAPK signaling pathwayXu Wen Liu
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 278:40364-72. 2003..Taken together, the present study unveils some of the mechanisms mediating the anti-apoptotic effects of TIMP-1 in human breast epithelial cells through TIMP-1-specific signal transduction pathways...
- Increased expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases type 1 (TIMP-1) in a more tumourigenic colon cancer cell lineR E Hewitt
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Pathol 192:455-9. 2000..This association between TIMP-1 expression and tumour progression may be related to additional growth factor-like effects described for TIMP-1 in some systems...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 inhibits excitotoxic cell death in neuronsHiang Khoon Tan
University Research Centre for Neuroendocrinology and MRC Centre for Synaptic Plasticity, University of Bristol, Marlborough Street, Bristol BS2 8HW, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 22:98-106. 2003..These findings have a fundamental implication for our understanding of the physiological role of secreted TIMP-1 in the central nervous system...
- Impact of plasma tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 on long-term survival in patients with colorectal cancerNorio Yukawa
Department of Surgery, Yokohama City University, Yokohama, Japan
Oncology 72:205-8. 2007..Our results suggested that the preoperative plasma TIMP-1 concentration could be a useful prognosticator of long-term survival in patients with colorectal carcinoma...
- Serum tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 and 2 (TIMP-1 and TIMP-2) levels in colorectal cancer patients: associations with clinicopathological variables and patient survivalConstantinos Giaginis
Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, Medical School, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Int J Biol Markers 24:245-52. 2009..0379 and p=0.0451, respectively). In conclusion, assessment of serum TIMP-1 can be considered a useful biomarker in colon cancer, whereas TIMP-2 appears to be of limited value...
- Both tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1) and TIMP-2 activate Ras but through different pathwaysTing Wang
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, Aichi Gakuin University, 464 8650, Nagoya, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 296:201-5. 2002..Furthermore, TIMP-2 promoted the formation of a complex between Ras-GTP and phosphoinositide 3-kinase...
- Relaxin positively regulates matrix metalloproteinase expression in human lower uterine segment fibroblasts using a tyrosine kinase signaling pathwayS Palejwala
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women's Health, New Jersey Medical School, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
Endocrinology 142:3405-13. 2001....
- Increased circulating 92 kDa matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-9) activity in exacerbations of asthmaY Oshita
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, 67 Asahimachi, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Thorax 58:757-60. 2003..The role of these enzymes in the pathogenesis of asthma exacerbations is unknown...
- Peripheral neuropathy in systemic lupus erythematosus: pathomorphological features and distribution pattern of matrix metalloproteinasesChristian Mawrin
Institut für Neuropathologie, Universitätsklinikum der Rheinisch Westfälischen Technischen Hochschule Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 105:365-72. 2003....
- Decreased MMP-9 activity in the serum of patients with diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosisK Kikuchi
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Clin Exp Dermatol 27:301-5. 2002..Serum MMP-9 activity and TIMP-1 level in patients with SSc were not correlated. Serum MMP-9 activity might be a useful indicator of disease activity, especially skin severity, in SSc patients...
- Johne's disease in cattle is associated with enhanced expression of genes encoding IL-5, GATA-3, tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases 1 and 2, and factors promoting apoptosis in peripheral blood mononuclear cellsPaul M Coussens
Center for Animal Functional Genomics, Department of Animal Science, Michigan State University, 1205H Anthony Hall, East Lansing, MI 4882, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 105:221-34. 2005..paratuberculosis-infected cows are likely poised for rapid apoptosis (upregulation of CIDE-A, Bad, TNFRI, and Fas)...
- Inhibition of cartilage degradation: a combined tissue engineering and gene therapy approachWael Kafienah
University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Arthritis Rheum 48:709-18. 2003..To determine if tissue-engineered cartilage can be protected from cytokine-induced degradation using a gene therapy approach...
- The balance between MMP-2/-9 and TIMP-1/-2 is shifted towards MMP in renal cell carcinomas and can be further disturbed by hydrogen peroxideBernhard Hemmerlein
Department of Pathology, University of Goettingen, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Int J Oncol 24:1069-76. 2004..In RCC the balance between MMP and TIMP is disturbed. Oxidative stress potentially increases this imbalance. TAM might be one source of hydrogen peroxide thus supporting the invasive properties of RCCs...
- Mechanisms of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 augmentation by IL-13 on TGF-beta 1-stimulated primary human fibroblastsXiuXia Zhou
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:1388-97. 2007TGF-beta induces expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1), a potent inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases that controls extracellular matrix metabolism and deposition...
- Sputum matrix metalloproteases: comparison between chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthmaS V Culpitt
Department of Thoracic Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Dovehouse Street, London SW3 6LY, UK
Respir Med 99:703-10. 2005..The MMP profile in COPD differs to that in asthma and cigarette smokers. This may contribute to, or be a marker of, different pathophysiologies of asthma and COPD...
- Primary tumor levels of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 are predictive of resistance to chemotherapy in patients with metastatic breast cancerAnne Sofie Schrohl
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Clin Cancer Res 12:7054-8. 2006....
- Matrix metalloproteases: degradation of the inhibitory environment of the transected optic nerve and the scar by regenerating axonsZubair Ahmed
Molecular Neuroscience Group, Department of Medicine, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 28:64-78. 2005..These results suggest that activation of MMP and coincident down-regulation of TIMP may act to attenuate the inhibitory scarring in the regenerating ON, thus transforming the ON into a noninhibitory pathway for axon regrowth...
- Circulating levels of matrix metalloproteinases MMP-3 and MMP-1, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 (TIMP-1), and MMP-1/TIMP-1 complex in rheumatic disease. Correlation with clinical activity of rheumatoid arthritis versus other surrogate markersG Keyszer
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Hospital, Berlin Buch, Berlin, Germany
J Rheumatol 26:251-8. 1999....
- Stromelysin-1 regulates adipogenesis during mammary gland involutionC M Alexander
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 1599, USA
J Cell Biol 152:693-703. 2001..We conclude that MMPs, especially Str1, determine the rate of adipocyte differentiation during involutive mammary gland remodeling...
- Inhibition of apoptosis of activated hepatic stellate cells by tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 is mediated via effects on matrix metalloproteinase inhibition: implications for reversibility of liver fibrosisFrank R Murphy
Liver Group, Division of Infection, Inflammation and Repair, University of Southampton, Hampshire SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:11069-76. 2002..We conclude that TIMP-1 inhibits apoptosis of activated HSC via MMP inhibition...
- Sputum matrix metalloproteinase-9, tissue inhibitor of metalloprotinease-1, and their molar ratio in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and healthy subjectsK M Beeh
Pulmonary Department, Internal Medicine University Hospital Mainz, Lagen beckstr 1, Main 2 55131, Germany
Respir Med 97:634-9. 2003..We have compared sputum concentrations of MMP-9, TIMP-1 and the controlling cytokine tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha in patients with COPD, IPF and healthy subjects...
- Elevated matrix metalloproteinase 9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 in obese children and adolescentsBarbara Głowińska-Olszewska
2nd Department of Children s Diseases, Medical University of Białystok, 15 274 Białystok, Poland
Metabolism 56:799-805. 2007..It might be hypothesized that elevated MMP and TIMP concentrations may be related to increased cardiovascular risk in obese and particularly in obese hypertensive children and adolescents...
- Serum MMP-9/TIMP-1 and MMP-2/TIMP-2 ratios in multiple sclerosis: relationships with different magnetic resonance imaging measures of disease activity during IFN-beta-1a treatmentC Avolio
Department of Medical and Occupational Sciences, University of Foggia, Foggia, Italy
Mult Scler 11:441-6. 2005..85; P < 0.05) of the numbers of MRI Gd-TD active lesions. These data confirm that serum MMP-9/TMIP-1 ratio may be viewed as a reliable marker and may be predictive of MRI activity in RR MS...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 is an independent predictor of prognosis in patients with nonsmall cell lung carcinoma who undergo resection with curative intentValerie Gouyer
Unité INSERM 560, Place de Verdun, Lille, France
Cancer 103:1676-84. 2005..In this study, mRNA expression levels of MMP-1, MMP-9, TIMP-1, and TIMP-2 were evaluated in patients with resected NSCLC, and their associations with disease progression and prognosis were determined...
- Metalloproteinase-9 is increased after toluene diisocyanate exposure in the induced sputum from patients with toluene diisocyanate-induced asthmaH S Park
Department of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
Clin Exp Allergy 33:113-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate MMPs and TIMP involvement in toluene diisocyanate (TDI)-induced asthma...
- Fasudil hydrochloride hydrate, a Rho-kinase (ROCK) inhibitor, suppresses collagen production and enhances collagenase activity in hepatic stellate cellsMarie Fukushima
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Liver Int 25:829-38. 2005..We investigated the effects of fasudil hydrochloride hydrate (fasudil), a Rho-kinase (ROCK) inhibitor, on cell growth, collagen production, and collagenase activity in HSCs...
- Inhibition of activator protein-1 binding activity and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway by nobiletin, a polymethoxy flavonoid, results in augmentation of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 production and suppression of production of matrix metaTakashi Sato
Department of Biochemistry, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, School of Pharmacy, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Cancer Res 62:1025-9. 2002..Furthermore, we suggest a possible mechanism by which nobiletin may interfere in the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway, which divergently regulates the production of MMP and TIMP-1...
- Apolipoprotein E knockout mice over-expressing human tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 are protected against aneurysm formation but not against atherosclerotic plaque developmentClarisse Cuaz-Pérolin
INSERM U 545, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Departement d Atherosclerose, Lille, France
J Vasc Res 43:493-501. 2006..We investigated the effect of plasma levels of human tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (hTIMP)-1 on arterial lesion development and aneurysm formation in apolipoprotein-E-deficient mice (ApoE(-/-))...
- Gelatinase B and TIMP-1 are regulated in a cell- and time-dependent manner in association with neuronal death and glial reactivity after global forebrain ischemiaSantiago Rivera
IFR Jean Roche, Faculte de Medecine Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13916 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Eur J Neurosci 15:19-32. 2002....
- Respiratory syncytial virus infection induces matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in epithelial cellsS J Yeo
Department of Microbiology and Cancer Research Institute, SNUMRC, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Korea
Arch Virol 147:229-42. 2002..Thus, this study concludes that although RSV infection induces MMP-9, which can enhance the syncytia formation leading to RSV multiplication and spread it can be inhibited by MMP inhibitors...
- Quantitation of TIMP-1 in plasma of healthy blood donors and patients with advanced cancerM N Holten Andersen
The Finsen Laboratory, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
Br J Cancer 80:495-503. 1999..It is proposed that plasma measurements of TIMP-1 may have value in the management of cancer patients...
- Induced sputum matrix metalloproteinase-9 correlates with lung function and airway inflammation in children with cystic fibrosisScott D Sagel
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 39:224-32. 2005..The observed relationships of MMP-9 with lung function and other measures of airway inflammation suggest that this enzyme may be a useful marker of airway injury and airflow obstruction in persons with CF...
- Matrix metalloproteinases in asthma and COPDIngel K Demedts
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Ghent University Hospital 7K12IE, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Curr Opin Pharmacol 5:257-63. 2005..There is increasing evidence that MMPs are involved in the pathogenesis of both asthma and COPD, and several MMPs are possible therapeutic targets in these common chronic airway diseases...
- TIMP-1 abolishes MMP-9-dependent long-lasting long-term potentiation in the prefrontal cortexPawel Okulski
Department of Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, Nencki Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Biol Psychiatry 62:359-62. 2007..The extracellular proteolytic system composed of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and their endogenous tissue inhibitors (TIMPs) has recently been shown to play major role in the hippocampal plasticity...
- Activation of procollagenases is a key control point in cartilage collagen degradation: interaction of serine and metalloproteinase pathwaysJ M Milner
Department of Rheumatology, The Medical School, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, UK
Arthritis Rheum 44:2084-96. 2001..CONCLUSION: The activation of procollagenases is a key control point in cartilage collagen breakdown, and serine proteinase pathways activate MMPs...
- Imbalance between matrix metalloproteinase 9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 expression by tumor cells implicated in liver metastasis from colorectal carcinomaY Ogata
Department of Surgery, Kurume University School of Medicine, 67 Asahi Machi, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Kurume Med J 48:211-8. 2001..These results suggest that the balance between the expressions of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 in the tumor cells is more closely related to tumor biological behavior rather than the balance in the stromal cells...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in the nasal mucosa of patients with perennial allergic rhinitisA Shaida
Department of Otolaryngology, St Bartholomew's and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, United Kingdom
J Allergy Clin Immunol 108:791-6. 2001..There is no upregulation of MMPs or changes in TIMP expression in the nasal mucosa of patients with allergic rhinitis...
- Increased matrix metalloproteinase 9 activity and mRNA expression in lung ischemia-reperfusion injuryM Yano
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya City University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
J Heart Lung Transplant 20:679-86. 2001..We evaluated the changes in the activity of MMP-2 and MMP-9, and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1) gene expressions using rat lung transplantation models...
- Suppressive activity of fexofenadine hydrochloride on metalloproteinase production from nasal fibroblasts in vitroK Asano
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Showa University, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1890-8. 2004..Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), MMP-2 and MMP-9, are the major proteolytic enzymes that induce airway remodelling. These enzymes are also important in the migration of inflammatory cells through basement membrane components...
- Increased expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 in clear cell carcinoma of the ovaryTomomitsu Okamoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Chukyo Hospital, 1 1 10, Sanjo, Minami Ku, Nagoya 457 8510, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 9:569-75. 2003..Taken together, the present study shows that TIMP-2 expression is markedly increased in clear cell carcinoma of the ovary, suggesting a role of TIMP-2 in its unique characteristics among ovarian cancers...
- Significant relationship of matrix metalloproteinase 9 with nuclear grade and prognostic impact of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 for incidental clear cell renal cell carcinomaNozomu Kawata
Department of Urology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Urology 69:1049-53. 2007....
- Prognostic impact of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 in esophageal carcinomaM Mori
Department of Surgery, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, Beppu, Japan
Int J Cancer 88:575-8. 2000..Our findings suggest that TIMP-1 expression correlates with tumor extension of esophageal carcinoma and might, if validated, prove useful as a novel prognostic marker for esophageal carcinoma...
- Expression of chemokines and matrix metalloproteinases in early rheumatoid arthritisA Katrib
Rheumatology Unit, Prince of Wales Hospital, Inflammation Research Unit, School of Pathology, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Rheumatology (Oxford) 40:988-94. 2001..Targeting chemokines which play a role in the migration of macrophages into the joints may be of therapeutic benefit in RA patients...
- Expression levels of vascular endothelial growth factor, matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 and 2 in the plasma of patients with ovarian carcinomaL Manenti
Department of Oncology, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, 24125 Bergamo, Italy
Eur J Cancer 39:1948-56. 2003..Throughout the study, and in the univariate analysis, no correlation was found between the VEGF, MMP and TIMP levels. Only TIMP-1 was associated with a poor survival and mortality risk...
- Biomarkers predict radiographic progression in early rheumatoid arthritis and perform well compared with traditional markersSteven Young-Min
Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, UK
Arthritis Rheum 56:3236-47. 2007..To evaluate the performance of biochemical and traditional markers in predicting radiographic progression in rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Mechanisms of Homocysteine-Induced Fibrinogen-Amyloid Plaque FormationSuresh C Tyagi; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results of the proposed research should uncover the molecular mechanisms regulating Hcy-Fg-Ab-collagen complex formation and lead to effective strategies for the treatment of cerebrovascular complications during diseases such as AD. ..
- Mechanisms of Reduced Fecundity in Endometriosis: A role for MMPs and TIMPsKATHY L TIMMS; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Spinal Matrix Metalloproteinases in Hyperalgesia and AllodyniaCHRISTINA CHRISTIANSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..localization of matrix metalloproteinase 3 (MMP-3), and associated regulatory proteins such as tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 (TIMP-1), and osteopontin in a model of inflammatory pain...
- ACE Inhibition and Novel Cardiovascular Risk FactorsMarco Pahor; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- The Role and Regulation of TIMP-1 in Lung InflammationDAVID MADTES; Fiscal Year: 2005..Studies are proposed to define if CD4O induces TIMP-1 translation by usage of alternative 5' transcription start sites, increased transcript translocation or increased translational efficiency. ..
- Estrogen regulation of uterine microRNAs: Novel factors in MMP-9 regulationWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..Enhancing our understanding on the regulation of MMP-9 expression may lead to the establishment of novel approaches to counteract mis-expression of this protease and the diseases associated with it. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of TIMP-1 in Uterine PhysiologyWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will broaden our understanding on the role of TIMP-1 in uterine physiology and may help to develop new strategies to treat uterine disorders such as infertility, endometriosis and uterine cancer. ..
- Collagenolysis and Elastolysis in Urinary IncontinenceBertha Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our goal is to identify specific pathophysiologic changes related to reproductive events and aging which underlie the development of SUI as a first step to identifying potential targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Aging and the MicrovasculatureMay Reed; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results will define the key points of deficient microvascular growth in the aged and also develop the microvessel sprout model into a highly useful tool for studies of vascular growth in general. ..
- Free Fatty Acids and Hepatic Insulin ResistanceGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will hopefully provide much needed information relative to important details and mechanisms of FFA induced hepatic insulin resistance. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IL-10 Regulation of Lymphangiogenesis in Prostate CancerMark Stearns; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, the studies should demonstrate whether the IL-10R axis and down stream effector genes (and specifically IL-10S1-VEGF D, and VEGF D) play a pivotal role in lymphangiogenesis and/or angiogenesis processes. ..
- FAT MEDIATED INSULIN SECRETION AND DIABETES IN ELDERLYGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2003..We hope that this project will help to better understand the mechanisms by which obesity contributes to the development of NIDDM. ..
- IL10 and IGF1 Receptor Axis in Prostate CancerMark Stearns; Fiscal Year: 2005..Development of therapeutic agents, which target the IL-10R or IGF-R1 axis should be beneficial in the treatment of the disease. ..
- Fat Induced Insulin Resistance and AtherosclerosisGuenther Boden; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that these studies will provide important new information relative to the mechanism by which obesity and FFAs cause IR and ASVD in human subjects. ..
- AGING AND ENDOTHELIAL CELL FUNCTIONMay Reed; Fiscal Year: 2009..The elucidation of mechanisms that regulate MMP activity in aged cells and tissues will assist the development of therapies to improve wound repair and revascularization of ischemic organs. ..
- ROLE OF TIMPS AND MMPS IN CORNEAL ULCERATIONKAREN KERNACKI; Fiscal Year: 2004..Aim 4: To similarly examine specific TIMPs (TIMP-1 and -4) in the pathogenesis of corneal alkali-burn in inbred mice using moderate vs severe burns. ..
- High Throughput Real-Time PCR System for the Microarray CoreRichard Dennis; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Roles for MMP-8 in Acute Lung InjuryCaroline Owen; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate that in the future, our studies will facilitate the development of new treatment strategies that may reduce mortality and morbidity in ALl syndromes. ..
- Pilot Testing of VEGF/PDGF inhibitors for chemoprevention of bone metastasisHyeong Reh Kim; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information will be useful in designing more rational therapeutic interventions aimed at modulating the PDGF/VEGF signaling pathways. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tissue Kallikrein, Oxidative Stress and Renal FibrosisJulie Chao; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Extracellular matrix and protease markers of malignant thyroid neoplasmElectron Kebebew; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will use these results to design a multicenter clinical trial evaluating the diagnostic and prognostic value of ECM1 and TMPRSS4 expression in patients with thyroid neoplasm. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Urokinase-type Plasminogen Activator System and Pancreatic Stellate CellsAurelia Lugea; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therapeutic strategies focusing on the regulation of uPA activation may be central in preventing or reverting alcohol-induced pancreas fibrosis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LUNG CANCER CHEMOPREVENTION WITH CELECOXIB IN EX-SMOKERSJenny Mao; Fiscal Year: 2007..The finding from this pilot project will provide important insight into the design and conduct of future chemopreventive trials. ..
- Cerebrovascular mechanisms of ischemic injury in diabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Matrix Metalloproteinases in Gastric InjuryEmily Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2008..These facilities as well as close guidance and supervision from her sponsor will ensure success of the proposed project. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulatory function of fyn in oral SCC invasionDaniel M Ramos; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Vascular Protection & Endothelin B Receptors in DiabetesAdviye Ergul; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- TGF-beta superfamily in neonatal obstructive nephropathy and recoveryRobert L Chevalier; Fiscal Year: 2010..A new animal (mouse) model is proposed to study the major cellular mechanisms for injury to the newborn kidney, as well as to evaluate new therapies to enhance recovery. ..
- Tumor metastasis: Biobehavioral mechanismsAnil K Sood; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Mechanism of Vascular Remodeling in HyperhomocysteinemiaSuresh C Tyagi; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will provide new insights into the mechanism of arterial remodeling and will have therapeutic ramifications for vessel wall disease. ..
- Implications of Endothelial-Myocyte Uncoupling in Cardiac ArrhythmiaSuresh C Tyagi; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will delineate the mechanism of Hcy-dependent endothelial-myocyte uncoupling in cardiac arrhythmia and failure, and will have therapeutic ramifications for sudden cardiac death. ..
- Novel Roles for ADAM15 in Acute Lung InjuryCaroline A Owen; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Analysis of the Human Aqueous Outflow PathwayMichael P Fautsch; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also determine gene and protein expression changes in the meshwork induced by normal and POAG aqueous humor. Develop a medium that can be used to mimic aqueous humor for trabecular meshwork cell culture. ..
- RELAXIN FAMILY PEPTIDES AND HEPATIC FIBROSISRobert Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2009..The research proposed in this application may lead to targeted therapeutic strategies for the treatment of liver disease, a major health concern in the United States. ..
- Communication between Kupffer cells and stellate cellsNatalia Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hope that this co-culture model will help us to define the effects of Kupffer cells on the stellate cell fibrogenic response and to dissect potential therapeutic targets for preventing liver disease. ..
- Chemokine induced hematopoietic stem cell mobilizationLOUIS PELUS; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Pressure Induced Dynamic 3D Changes in Lamina CribrosaDonald Brown; Fiscal Year: 2008..This technique allows for direct measurement of the structural changes in the associated with glaucoma and has direct clinical relevance and application. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Estrogen and Aging effects on Transvaginal TransportGeorge Gorodeski; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SQUAMOUS EPITHELIAL CELL INVASION IN ORGAN CULTUREJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Myocardial Radiofrequency Scar ExpansionRupak Mukherjee; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CD Expression in Prostate CancerAlvin Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004..CD10 and CD13 are both peptidases and are likely involved in the processing of bioactive signaling peptides. Their absence might lead to the aberrant cellular differentiation and development of cancer. ..
- 1Treatment of Cholestatic Pruritus With SertralineMARLYN MAYO; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will serve as pilot trials. The results of this proposed project will be used to design a larger controlled trial that could be proposed for funding through an R01 mechanism. ..
- ROLE OF CD40-CD40 LIGAND IN PRIMARY BILIARY CIRRHOSISMARLYN MAYO; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide insight into the role of T cells in the pathogenesis of PBC and provide information useful in developing new treatment modalities. ..
- Abnormalities in Keratoconus CorneasMARIA KENNEY; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will provide fundamental insights into KC pathogensis and may provide a basis for therapy. ..
- SCLERODERMA LUNG STUDYDavid Riley; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- TOPICAL RETINOIDS FOR DIABETIC FOOT ULCERSJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX ABNORMALITIES IN CORNEAL EDEMAMARIA KENNEY; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MECHANISM OF INDUCTION OF OLFACTORY TUMORS BY ALACHLORMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PROTEIN LIPID INTERACTIONS IN GALLSTONE PATHOGENESISNezam Afdhal; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies may lead to strategies for the prevention and non-surgical therapy of this very common disease. ..
- MECHANISM AND ROLE OF MICROSOMAL ETHANOL OXIDATIONCharles Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2001..Such information is aimed at elucidating key aspects of alcohol mediated pathology in a way which may eventually affect alcohol related medical complications, their prevention and treatment. ..
- GLU6PASE AND 6P2K/FBASE GENE REGULATION IN SEPSISSUBIR MAITRA; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of this study are essential to understand the molecular basis of deranged metabolism in sepsis. Understanding the mechanism might be useful for developing appropriate therapeutic intervention during sepsis. ..
- ORAL MELANOMA: ALPHA V BETA 3 EXPRESSION AND METASTASISDaniel Ramos; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding the role beta3 plays in oral melanoma invasion and metastasis may lead to novel prognostic indicators and development of new treatment strategies. ..
- Mast Cell Role in Masseter Muscle RepairJOYCE MORRIS WIMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Antiviral/Antifibrotic Liver Therapy of Hepatitis C positive Alcohol DrinkersCharles Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2007..Accordingly, support is requested for the completion of this novel approach for the treatment of HCV+ patients who become abstinent or who continue to consume alcohol moderately. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Fibroblast-Derived MT1-MMP in Oral CancerEben Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Synergistic Nutraceutical Effects of DLPC and SAMeCharles Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of MMP-3 Action in Acute Lung InjuryJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide an overall understanding of the mechanism(s) by which MMP-3 contributes to acute lung injury. ..
- Intercellular Signaling in Obstructive NephropathyROBERT CHEVALIER; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will lead to improved outcomes in adulthood. ..
- Sphingolipid signaling in olfactory mucosaMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Urologic Epithelial Stem CellsAlvin Liu; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Extracellular matrix in chloracetanilide carcinogenesisMary Beth Genter; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF BASIC CALCIUM PHOSPHATE CRYSTALSHerman Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2004..Hypothesis 5: There are specific cis elements in the promotor of Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinase (TIMP)-2 that regulate crystal inhibition of TIMP- 2 expression. ..
- C1Q-INDUCED CA2+ RESPONSES IN FIBROBLAST HETEROGENEITYSandra Bordin; Fiscal Year: 2002..While this work focuses on periodontitis, its results should be applicable to a variety of inflammatory diseases as well as wound healing. ..
- ANTIVIRAL & ANTIFIBROTIC LIVER THERAPY OF HCV+ DRINKERSCharles Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2005..Funds are requested for special laboratory tests, study nurses, travel to meetings, patient monitoring expenses and a core office. ..
- 800 MHz Spectrometer for Biomolecular NMR in MissouriSTEVEN VAN DOREN; Fiscal Year: 2006..The CdtB subunit is sufficient to cause DNA damage and to arrest the cell cycle in mammalian cells. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Identification of Serum Markers of Liver Fibrogenesis/ Fibrolysis by ProteomicsDetlef Schuppan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Adaptation to the human proteome and prospective validation shall allow noninvasive monitoring of fibrosis progression and regression in patients with liver diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mouse Models for Celiac DiseaseDetlef Schuppan; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. by immunomodulatory cytokines or by cytokine antagonists. It is anticipated that the results will improve our understanding and management of cd and related autoimmune diseases. ..