Genomes and Genes
Summary: A biosynthetic precursor of collagen containing additional amino acid sequences at the amino-terminal and carboxyl-terminal ends of the polypeptide chains.
Publications243 found, 100 shown here
- Opposite bone remodeling effects of teriparatide and alendronate in increasing bone massMichael R McClung
Oregon Osteoporosis Center, Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR 97213, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:1762-8. 2005..We contrasted the effects of once-daily doses of 20 mug of teriparatide and 10 mg of alendronate sodium on bone mineral density (BMD) and markers of bone turnover...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-1: the type I procollagen C-proteinaseE Kessler
Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger Eye Research Institute, Tel Aviv University Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Science 271:360-2. 1996..b>Procollagen C-proteinase (PCP) cleaves the COOH-propeptides of procollagens I, II, and III to yield the major fibrous ..
- Mutations in PPIB (cyclophilin B) delay type I procollagen chain association and result in perinatal lethal to moderate osteogenesis imperfecta phenotypesShawna M Pyott
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7470, USA
Hum Mol Genet 20:1595-609. 2011..in the rough endoplasmic reticulum (RER) and can form a complex involved in prolyl 3-hydroxylation in type I procollagen. CYPB, a prolyl cis-trans isomerase, has been thought to drive the prolyl-containing peptide bonds to the trans ..
- A mutation in the gene for type III procollagen (COL3A1) in a family with aortic aneurysmsS Kontusaari
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
J Clin Invest 86:1465-73. 1990..that familial aortic aneurysms, either thoracic or abdominal, are caused by mutations in the gene for type III procollagen (COL3A1) similar to mutations in the same gene that have been shown to cause rupture of aorta and other ..
- Diurnal variation of serum and urine biomarkers in patients with radiographic knee osteoarthritisS Y Kong
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:2496-504. 2006..of CII [C2C], carboxy-terminus of three-quarter peptide from cleavage of CI and CII [C1,2C], and type II procollagen carboxy-propeptide [CPII] in serum, and C-terminal telopeptides of CII [CTX-II] and C2C in urine)...
- Effects of yearly zoledronic acid 5 mg on bone turnover markers and relation of PINP with fracture reduction in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisPierre D Delmas
INSERM Research Unit 831 and University of Lyon, Lyon, France
J Bone Miner Res 24:1544-51. 2009..telopeptides of type 1 collagen (beta-CTX), 30% for bone alkaline phosphatase (ALP), and 56% for procollagen type 1 amino-terminal propeptide (PINP)...
- Fibronectin binds and enhances the activity of bone morphogenetic protein 1Guorui Huang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25879-88. 2009..FN is shown to positively regulate BMP1 processing activity against Chordin, probiglycan, and type I procollagen in vitro...
- HSP47 as a collagen-specific molecular chaperone: function and expression in normal mouse developmentKazuhiro Nagata
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8397, Japan
Semin Cell Dev Biol 14:275-82. 2003..The importance of HSP47 in the therapeutic strategy for fibrotic diseases as well as for a marker of collagen-related autoimmune diseases will also be discussed...
- Serum concentration of amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen (PIIINP) as a prognostic marker for skin fibrosis after scar correction in burned patientsDietmar Ulrich
Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery Burn Center, University Hospital, Aachen University of Technology, Germany
Burns 28:766-71. 2002The amino-terminal propeptide of procollagen type III (PIIINP) has been proposed as a marker for fibrogenesis in patients with different fibroproliferative disorders, e.g. liver and lung fibrosis...
- Age-dependent alterations in fibrillar collagen content and myocardial diastolic function: role of SPARC in post-synthetic procollagen processingAmy D Bradshaw
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H614-22. 2010..that one determinant of age-dependent remodeling is a change in the extent to which newly synthesized procollagen is processed into mature collagen fibrils...
- Role of the netrin-like domain of procollagen C-proteinase enhancer-1 in the control of metalloproteinase activityMourad Bekhouche
From the Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Protéines, CNRS Université de Lyon UMR 5086, IFR128, 69367 Lyon, France
J Biol Chem 285:15950-9. 2010..The presence of a C-terminal NTR domain in procollagen C-proteinase enhancers (PCPEs), proteins that stimulate the activity of astacin-like tolloid proteinases, ..
- Pentoxifylline downregulates profibrogenic cytokines and procollagen I expression in rat secondary biliary fibrosisC Raetsch
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Free University of Berlin, Germany
Gut 50:241-7. 2002..This was accompanied by an 11-fold elevated serum aminoterminal procollagen III peptide (PIIINP)...
- The let-268 locus of Caenorhabditis elegans encodes a procollagen lysyl hydroxylase that is essential for type IV collagen secretionK R Norman
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6T 1Z4, Canada
Dev Biol 227:690-705. 2000..We have identified several mutations in a procollagen processing enzyme, lysyl hydroxylase (let-268)...
- Antifibrotic effect of silymarin in rat secondary biliary fibrosis is mediated by downregulation of procollagen alpha1(I) and TIMP-1J D Jia
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Friedrich-Alexander University, Erlangen-Nuernberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Hepatol 35:392-8. 2001..Steady-state mRNA levels for procollagen alpha1(I), tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1), and transforming growth factor (TGF) beta1 were ..
- Serum BNP, hs-C-reactive protein, procollagen to assess the risk of ventricular tachycardia in ICD recipients after myocardial infarctionHugues Blangy
Departement de Cardiologie, CHU de Nancy, Hopital de Brabois, rue du Morvan, 54511, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Europace 9:724-9. 2007..The present study investigates the relationship between cardiac fibrosis [procollagen type I aminoterminal peptide (PINP), procollagen type III aminoterminal peptide (PIIINP), TIMP1, membrane ..
- Transforming growth factor beta1 induces the expression of alpha1(I) procollagen mRNA by a hydrogen peroxide-C/EBPbeta-dependent mechanism in rat hepatic stellate cellsE R Garcia-Trevijano
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Hepatology 29:960-70. 1999..While the addition of H2O2 to HSC induced the expression of alpha1(I) procollagen mRNA, catalase, an H2O2 enzyme scavenger, abrogated TGF-beta-mediated col1a1 gene up-regulation...
- Critical differences in the serial measurement of three biochemical markers of bone turnover in the sera of pre- and postmenopausal womenJ K Scariano
Medical Laboratory Sciences, Department of Pathology, HSSB Room 220, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 5651, USA
Clin Biochem 34:639-44. 2001..biologic, day-to-day variability and critical differences in serum levels of crosslinked collagen N-telopeptides (NTx), procollagen aminoterminal extension propeptides (PINP) and bone specific alkaline phosphatase (bAP) in healthy women.
- Interaction properties of the procollagen C-proteinase enhancer protein shed light on the mechanism of stimulation of BMP-1Sylvie Ricard-Blum
Laboratoire d Ingénierie des Macromolécules, Institut de Biologie Structurale, CNRS UMR 5075, 38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France
J Biol Chem 277:33864-9. 2002b>Procollagen C-proteinase enhancer (PCPE) is an extracellular matrix glycoprotein that binds to the C-propeptide of procollagen I and can enhance the activities of procollagen C-proteinases up to 20-fold...
- Tissue stretch decreases soluble TGF-beta1 and type-1 procollagen in mouse subcutaneous connective tissue: evidence from ex vivo and in vivo modelsNicole A Bouffard
Department of Neurology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Cell Physiol 214:389-95. 2008..a day for 7 days) or no stretch; subcutaneous tissues of the back were immunohistochemically stained for Type-1 procollagen. In the ex vivo model, TGF-beta1 protein was lower in stretched versus non-stretched tissue (repeated measures ..
- A glycine (415)-to-serine substitution results in impaired secretion and decreased thermal stability of type III procollagen in a patient with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IVD W Anderson
Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway 08854, USA
Hum Mutat 9:62-3. 1997
- Serum levels of endothelin-1 (ET-1), interleukin-2 (IL-2) and amino-terminal propeptide type III procollagen (PIII NP) in patients with acute and chronic filariasisI M el-Sharkawy
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo 11566, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 31:169-76. 2001..These three immuno-mediators play role in the pathogenesis of filariasis particularly. The chronic cases. So, these mediators can be used as markers for diagnosis of human cases infected with chronic and acute filariasis...
- Repetitive acute pancreatic injury in the mouse induces procollagen alpha1(I) expression colocalized to pancreatic stellate cellsB A Neuschwander-Tetri
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Missouri 63110, USA
Lab Invest 80:143-50. 2000..During recovery, incomplete resolution of the fibrosis was found. Procollagen alpha1(I) mRNA increased more than 15-fold during treatment and continued to be 5-fold elevated during the post-..
- Comparison of total and intact aminoterminal propeptide of type I procollagen assays in patients with breast cancer with or without bone metastasesLauri Marin
Institute of Diagnostics, Department of Clinical Chemistry, PL 5000, FI 90014, University of Oulu, Oulu
Ann Clin Biochem 48:447-51. 2011Aminoterminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PINP) reflects bone formation. Two different antigens exist in human serum: intact PINP and a monomeric form...
- The potential mechanism for glutamine-induced collagen biosynthesis in cultured human skin fibroblastsE Karna
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Medical Academy of Białystok, Kilinskiego 1, 15 230, Białystok, Poland
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 130:23-32. 2001..Glu was also the most potent stimulator of type I procollagen expression at this time...
- Changes in bone mass and bone turnover following tibial shaft fractureS W Veitch
Orthopaedic Department, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Osteoporos Int 17:364-72. 2006..We measured three bone formation markers, bone alkaline phosphatase (bone ALP), osteocalcin (OC) and procollagen type 1 N-terminal peptide (PINP), a marker of bone resorption, serum C-telopeptides of type 1 collagen (beta-..
- Preferential expression of alternatively spliced mRNAs encoding type II procollagen with a cysteine-rich amino-propeptide in differentiating cartilage and nonchondrogenic tissues during early mouse developmentL J Ng
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University
Dev Biol 159:403-17. 1993Type II procollagen mRNAs are alternatively spliced: type IIA mRNA contains an exon encoding a cysteine-rich domain in the amino-propeptide and type IIB mRNA lacks this exon. In mouse embryos between 9.5 and 13...
- Differential expression of procollagen genes between mid- and late-gestational fetal fibroblastsRichard Carter
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, VA 23298 0015, USA
J Surg Res 156:90-4. 2009..we have shown that cutaneous wounds in mid-gestational (E15) mice heal in a scarless manner with decreased procollagen 1 and increased procollagen 3 production compared with wounds in late-gestational (E18) mice, which heal with ..
- Loss of procollagen IIA from the anterior mesendoderm disrupts the development of mouse embryonic forebrainAlan W L Leung
Department of Biochemistry, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Dev Dyn 239:2319-29. 2010..In this study, we show that procollagen IIA (IIA), an isoform of the cartilage extracellular matrix protein encoded by an alternatively spliced ..
- Three new point mutations in type II procollagen (COL2A1) and identification of a fourth family with the COL2A1 Arg519-->Cys base substitution using conformation sensitive gel electrophoresisC J Williams
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Hum Mol Genet 4:309-12. 1995
- Difference between total and intact assays for N-terminal propeptide of type I procollagen reflects degradation of pN-collagen rather than denaturation of intact propeptideMarja Kaisa Koivula
Institute of Diagnostics, Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Oulu, Finland
Ann Clin Biochem 47:67-71. 2010The concentration of N-terminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PINP) in the serum reflects the rate of type I collagen formation...
- Enhancement of procollagen biosynthesis by p180 through augmented ribosome association on the endoplasmic reticulum in response to stimulated secretionTomonori Ueno
Nippi Research Institute of Biomatrix, Toride, Ibaraki 302 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:29941-50. 2010..Here, we show that p180 plays a key role in procollagen biosynthesis and secretion in diploid fibroblasts...
- Expression and accumulation of lysyl oxidase, elastin, and type I procollagen in human Menkes and mottled mouse fibroblastsS Gacheru
Department of Nutrition, College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, University of California, Davis 95616 8669
Arch Biochem Biophys 301:325-9. 1993..In contrast, the levels of procollagen Type I mRNA were similar or enhanced in Menkes and MoTo/y fibroblasts compared to their respective controls...
- Enhanced Liver Fibrosis (ELF) test accurately identifies liver fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis CJ Parkes
Public Health Sciences and Medical Statistics, University of Southampton, UK
J Viral Hepat 18:23-31. 2011..Issues of spectrum effect in diagnostic test evaluations are discussed. In chronic hepatitis C a simplified ELF test can detect severe liver fibrosis with good accuracy...
- Type IIB procollagen NH(2)-propeptide induces death of tumor cells via interaction with integrins alpha(V)beta(3) and alpha(V)beta(5)Zhepeng Wang
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MI 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 285:20806-17. 2010..In an assay for invasion, PIIBNP reduced the number of cells crossing the membrane. In vivo, in a tumor model for breast cancer, PIIBNP was consistently able to reduce the size of the tumor...
- Acute correction of metabolic acidosis increases serum procollagen type I carboxyterminal propeptide in patients with chronic renal failureP Chu
Division of Nephrology, Tri-Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 100:748-52. 2001..therapy in osteoblast function in patients with chronic renal failure by assessing the serum concentration of procollagen type I carboxyterminal propeptide (PICP), a marker of bone formation, before and after bicarbonate infusion...
- Plasma inflammatory mediators associated with bone metabolism in COPDJessica M Bon
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
COPD 7:186-91. 2010..C-telopeptide type I collagen (CTx), a marker of bone resorption, was measured with ELISA, and N-terminal procollagen propeptide (P1NP), a marker of bone formation, was ascertained with a radioimmunoassay...
- Factor Xa stimulates fibroblast procollagen production, proliferation, and calcium signaling via PAR1 activationOlivier P Blanc-Brude
Royal Free and University College London Medical School, Centre for Cardiopulmonary Biochemistry and Respiratory Medicine, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Exp Cell Res 304:16-27. 2005Fibroblast proliferation and procollagen production are central features of tissue repair and fibrosis...
- A point mutation in a type I procollagen gene converts glycine 748 of the alpha 1 chain to cysteine and destabilizes the triple helix in a lethal variant of osteogenesis imperfectaB E Vogel
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
J Biol Chem 262:14737-44. 1987Synthesis of type I procollagen was examined in fibroblasts from a proband with a lethal perinatal variant of osteogenesis imperfecta...
- N-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen as a biomarker of anabolic response to recombinant human GH and testosteroneShalender Bhasin
Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Nutrition, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4224-33. 2009..During collagen synthesis in soft lean tissue, N-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen (P3NP) is released into circulation...
- Correlations between biochemical markers of bone turnover and bone density responses in patients with glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis treated with teriparatide or alendronateAlan L Burshell
Ochsner Clinic Foundation, Endocrinology Department, 9S Lobby Tower, 1514 Jefferson Highway, New Orleans, LA 70121, USA
Bone 46:935-9. 2010..With both therapies, early changes in some bone turnover markers were correlated with 18-month gains in BMD in patients with GIO...
- Protein C and procollagen III peptide levels in patients with hepatic dysfunction after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationM Pihusch
Abteilung fuer Haematologie und Internistische Onkologie, Klinikum der Universitaet Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:631-7. 2005..We conducted a large trial on the clinical significance of protein C (PC) and procollagen III peptide (PNPIII) levels, which have been described as possible diagnostic markers of VOD...
- Serum amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen and 7S domain of type IV collagen correlate with hepatic iron concentration in patients with chronic hepatitis C following alpha-interferon therapyI Shimizu
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tokushima University School of Medicine, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:196-201. 2001..Therefore, changes in the serum amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen (P-III-P) and the 7S domain of type IV collagen (7S-IV) in 16 patients treated with alpha-interferon (IFN-alpha)..
- The value of amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen in routine screening for methotrexate-induced liver fibrosis: a 10-year follow-upH Zachariae
Department of Dermatology, Marselisborg Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Br J Dermatol 144:100-3. 2001..Methotrexate (MTX) -induced liver damage is an important complication in patients treated with this drug for skin disease. Reliable non-invasive monitoring tests would have considerable importance...
- Serum levels of type IIA procollagen amino terminal propeptide (PIIANP) are decreased in patients with knee osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritisJ C Rousseau
INSERM Unit 403, Pavillon F, Hopital E Herriot, Lyon, France
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 12:440-7. 2004..In addition, we investigated circulating forms recognized by antiserum IIA in pools of serum from healthy adults, patients with OA and patients with RA...
- Expression of Sox9 and type IIA procollagen during attempted repair of articular cartilage damage in a transgenic mouse model of osteoarthritisH Salminen
University of Turku, Finland
Arthritis Rheum 44:947-55. 2001..Local proliferation and activation of chondrocytes rich in Sox9, surrounded by type IIA procollagen and proteoglycans, was seen in articular cartilage...
- Sequencing of cDNA from 50 unrelated patients reveals that mutations in the triple-helical domain of type III procollagen are an infrequent cause of aortic aneurysmsG Tromp
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107
J Clin Invest 91:2539-45. 1993Detailed DNA sequencing of the triple-helical domain of type III procollagen was carried out on cDNA prepared from 54 patients with aortic aneurysms...
- Independent and additional prognostic value of aminoterminal propeptide of type III procollagen circulating levels in patients with chronic heart failureMariantonietta Cicoira
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Chirurgiche, Sezione di Cardiologia, , Italy
J Card Fail 10:403-11. 2004..We aimed to determine whether aminoterminal-propeptide of type III procollagen (PIIINP), a marker of extracellular matrix turnover, might provide prognostic information in CHF patients...
- Discovery and development of the N-terminal procollagen type II (NPII) biomarker: a tool for measuring collagen type II synthesisO V Nemirovskiy
Pfizer Global Research and Development, St Louis, MO 63017, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:1494-500. 2008..The ability to quantify the procollagen peptides in biological fluids would enable a better understanding of OA disease pathology and provide means for ..
- Antisense oligonucleotides reduce synthesis of procollagen alpha1 (V) chain in human patellar tendon fibroblasts: potential application in healing ligaments and tendonsTakatoshi Shimomura
Musculoskeletal Research Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Connect Tissue Res 44:167-72. 2003..In this study, our objective was to find specific antisense oligonucleotide sequences for type V procollagen alpha1 chain to elucidate the feasibility of type V collagen antisense gene therapy in ligaments or tendons...
- Pressure overload-induced alterations in fibrillar collagen content and myocardial diastolic function: role of secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine (SPARC) in post-synthetic procollagen processingAmy D Bradshaw
Gazes Cardiac Research Institute, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, RHJ Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Circulation 119:269-80. 2009..one determinant of these pressure overload-induced changes is the extracellular processing of newly synthesized procollagen into mature collagen fibrils...
- Systemic cross-linked N-terminal telopeptide and procollagen I C-terminal extension peptide as markers of bone turnover after total hip arthroplastyL Savarino
Laboratory for Pathophysiology of Orthopaedic Implants, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40136 Bologna, Italy
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:571-6. 2005..In a pilot study, we have analysed two serum markers of bone remodelling, procollagen I C-terminal extension peptide (PICP) and cross-linked N-terminal telopeptide (NTx), as well as the diagnostic ..
- Development and clinical application in arthritis of a new immunoassay for serum type IIA procollagen NH2 propeptideJean-Charles Rousseau
INSERM Unit 403, , Lyon, France
Methods Mol Med 101:25-37. 2004Type II collagen, the most abundant protein of cartilage matrix, is synthesized as a procollagen molecule including the N-(PIINP) and C-(PIICP) propeptides at each end...
- Value of procollagen type 1 amino-terminal propeptide in patients with renal cell carcinomaM Klepzig
Department of Laboratory Medicine Internal Medicine, Hospital of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Anticancer Res 28:2443-6. 2008The aim of the study was to investigate whether the bone turnover marker procollagen type 1 amino-terminal propeptide (P1NP) could be useful for the early detection of bone metastases in patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and if ..
- Circulating matrix metalloproteinases 1, 2, 9 and their inhibitors TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 as serum markers of liver fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C: comparison with PIIINP and hyaluronic acidVincent Leroy
, CHU de Grenoble, France
Am J Gastroenterol 99:271-9. 2004..Serum levels of hyaluronate, procollagen type III N-terminal peptide (PIIINP), matrix metalloproteinases (MMP)-1, MMP-2, MMP-9 and their tissue ..
- Substrate-specific modulation of a multisubstrate proteinase. C-terminal processing of fibrillar procollagens is the only BMP-1-dependent activity to be enhanced by PCPE-1Catherine Moali
IFR 128 BioSciences Lyon-Gerland, , CNRS/UCBL1 UMR 5086, 69367 Lyon Cedex 7, France
J Biol Chem 280:24188-94. 2005Members of the bone morphogenetic protein-1/tolloid (BMP-1/Tld) family of metalloproteinases, also known as procollagen C-proteinases (PCPs), control multiple biological events (including matrix assembly, cross-linking, cell adhesion/..
- Effects of teriparatide, alendronate, or both on bone turnover in osteoporotic menJoel S Finkelstein
Endocrine Unit, Bulfinch 327, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2882-7. 2006..We have previously demonstrated that alendronate reduces the ability of teriparatide to increase bone mineral density (BMD) in osteoporotic men. The underlying basis for this observation is poorly understood...
- Bone resorption and osteoporotic fractures in elderly men: the dubbo osteoporosis epidemiology studyChristian Meier
Bone Research Program, ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Bone Miner Res 20:579-87. 2005..3 years, high bone resorption as assessed by S-ICTP was associated with increased risk of osteoporotic fracture, independent of BMD. Combining measurements of BMD and bone turnover may improve fracture prediction in elderly men...
- Effects of previous antiresorptive therapy on the bone mineral density response to two years of teriparatide treatment in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisSteven Boonen
Leuven University Center for Metabolic Bone Diseases and Division of Geriatric Medicine, Universitaire Ziekenhuizen, K U Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:852-60. 2008..The present secondary analysis examined the effects of 2 yr of open-label teriparatide in women previously treated with antiresorptive drugs for at least 1 yr...
- Development of an algorithm for using PINP to monitor treatment of patients with teriparatideRichard Eastell
University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 22:61-6. 2006Teriparatide effects are mediated via the preferential stimulation of osteoblastic activity over osteoclastic activity. Amino-terminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PINP) is an indicator of osteoblastic activity.
- Biochemical markers of type III and I collagen: association with retinopathy and neuropathy in type 1 diabetic subjectsP E Arkkila
Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Diabet Med 18:816-21. 2001..Collagen deposition may be increased in micro- and macrovascular disease in diabetic subjects. We tested whether biochemical markers of type III and I collagen metabolism are associated with retinopathy and neuropathy in Type 1 diabetes...
- Single base mutation in the type II procollagen gene (COL2A1) as a cause of primary osteoarthritis associated with a mild chondrodysplasiaL Ala-Kokko
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107 6799
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:6565-8. 1990A cosmid clone was isolated that contained an allele for the type II procollagen gene previously shown to be coinherited with primary generalized osteoarthritis in a large family...
- Alternative splicing of type II procollagen exon 2 is regulated by the combination of a weak 5' splice site and an adjacent intronic stem-loop cis elementAudrey McAlinden
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 280:32700-11. 2005Alternative splicing of the type II procollagen gene (COL2A1) is developmentally regulated during chondrogenesis...
- Imbalance in the expression of CXC chemokines correlates with bronchoalveolar lavage fluid angiogenic activity and procollagen levels in acute respiratory distress syndromeMichael P Keane
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
J Immunol 169:6515-21. 2002..Furthermore, these levels correlated with both procollagen I and procollagen III levels in BALF...
- Transgenic mice that express a mini-gene version of the human gene for type I procollagen (COL1A1) develop a phenotype resembling a lethal form of osteogenesis imperfectaJ S Khillan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
J Biol Chem 266:23373-9. 1991A mini-gene version of the human gene for a pro-alpha 1(I) chain of type I procollagen (COL1A1) was prepared that contained -2...
- Expression of Sox9 and type IIA procollagen during ocular development and aging in transgenic Del1 mice with a mutation in the type II collagen geneT Ihanamäki
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Turku, and Turku University Central Hospital, Finland
Eur J Ophthalmol 12:450-8. 2002To study the expression and distribution of transcription factor Sox9 and type IIA procollagen in the developing and aging eyes of normal and transgenic Dell mice carrying pro(alpha)1(II) collagen transgenes with a short deletion ..
- DNA methylation inhibits transcription of procollagen alpha 2(I) promotersD K Guenette
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, MA
Biochem J 283:699-703. 1992..This provides further evidence that methylation at specific sites in the collagen alpha 2(I) promoter is responsible for the inactivation of transcription in W8 cells...
- Plasma tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 levels are elevated in essential hypertension and related to left ventricular hypertrophyPeter Mclean Timms
Immunoassay Laboratory, St Bartholomew s Hospital, and the Royal London NHS Trust, United Kingdom
Am J Hypertens 15:269-72. 2002..Increased collagen synthesis can be assessed using procollagen III N peptide (PIIINP) and reduced collagen degradation measured using tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (..
- Serum concentration of the cross-linked carboxyterminal telopeptide of type I collagen (ICTP) is a useful prognostic indicator in multiple myelomaI Elomaa
Department of Radiotherapy and Oncology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Br J Cancer 66:337-41. 1992..Specific immunoassays for PICP (carboxyterminal propeptide of type I procollagen) and ICTP (cross-linked carboxyterminal telopeptide region of type I collagen) allow simultaneous assessment of ..
- Replacement of routine liver biopsy by procollagen III aminopeptide for monitoring patients with psoriasis receiving long-term methotrexate: a multicentre audit and health economic analysisR J G Chalmers
Dermatology Centre, University of Manchester, Hope Hospital, Salford, Manchester M6 8HD, UK
Br J Dermatol 152:444-50. 2005..More recently, monitoring by serum procollagen III aminopeptide (PIIINP) measurement (Orion Diagnostica, Espoo, Finland) has been advocated as a means of ..
- Mutations in collagen genes: causes of rare and some common diseases in humansH Kuivaniemi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
FASEB J 5:2052-60. 1991More than 70 mutations in the two structural genes for type I procollagen (COL1A1 and COL1A2) have been found in probands with osteogenesis imperfecta, a heritable disease of children characterized by fragility of bone and other tissues ..
- Haploinsufficiency for one COL3A1 allele of type III procollagen results in a phenotype similar to the vascular form of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IVU Schwarze
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Hum Genet 69:989-1001. 2001Mutations in the COL3A1 gene that encodes the chains of type III procollagen result in the vascular form of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS), EDS type IV, if they alter the sequence in the triple-helical domain...
- Drosophila basement membrane procollagen alpha 1(IV). II. Complete cDNA sequence, genomic structure, and general implications for supramolecular assembliesB Blumberg
Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
J Biol Chem 263:18328-37. 1988A Drosophila melanogaster gene for a basement membrane procollagen chain was recently identified from the sequence homology of the carboxyl (NC1) end of the polypeptide that it encodes with the corresponding domain of human and murine ..
- Strong cooperativity and loose geometry between CUB domains are the basis for procollagen c-proteinase enhancer activityDaniel Kronenberg
Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, CNRS Université de Lyon UMR 5086, IFR128 BioSciences Gerland Lyon Sud, 7, Passage du Vercors, 69367 Lyon Cedex 7, France
J Biol Chem 284:33437-46. 2009b>Procollagen C-proteinase enhancers (PCPE-1 and -2) specifically activate bone morphogenetic protein-1 (BMP-1) and other members of the tolloid proteinase family during C-terminal processing of fibrillar collagen precursors...
- Alternative splicing of type II procollagen pre-mRNA in chondrocytes is oppositely regulated by BMP-2 and TGF-beta1Ulrich Valcourt
Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, UMR 5086 CNRS UCB Lyon 1 IFR 128, 7 passage du Vercors, 69367 Cedex 07, Lyon, France
FEBS Lett 545:115-9. 2003Type II collagen is the major protein of cartilage and is synthesized as a procollagen in two forms (IIA and IIB), generated by differential splicing of the gene primary transcript...
- Early changes in serum markers of cardiac extra-cellular matrix turnover in patients with uncomplicated hypertension and type II diabetesFrancois Alla
Epidemiology Department EA 3444, University Hospital, Nancy, France
Eur J Heart Fail 8:147-53. 2006..Our objective was to compare blood markers of collagen turnover among patients with CHF, patients with hypertension and type II diabetes (HD), and healthy individuals...
- Biochemical markers of bone metabolism reflect osteoclastic and osteoblastic activity in multiple myelomaN Abildgaard
Department of Haematology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Eur J Haematol 64:121-9. 2000..MARKERS OF BONE FORMATION: Serum C-terminal propeptide of procollagen I (PICP) and serum bone-specific alkaline phosphatase (bAP) showed significant correlations with the dynamic ..
- Alpha-1-antitrypsin stimulates fibroblast proliferation and procollagen production and activates classical MAP kinase signalling pathwaysK Dabbagh
Centre for Cardiopulmonary Biochemistry and Respiratory Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, UCL, The Rayne Institute, London, United Kingdom
J Cell Physiol 186:73-81. 2001..We further show that alpha1antitrypsin also stimulates fibroblast procollagen production, independently of its effects on cell proliferation, with values maximally increased by 34 +/- 3% (n ..
- Effects of hyperbaric oxygen on gene expressions of procollagen, matrix metalloproteinase and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase in injured medial collateral ligament and anterior cruciate ligamentNoriyuki Takeyama
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Tochigi, Japan
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:443-52. 2007..Gene expression of type I procollagen was significantly greater in Group MH than in Group MC at 7 days postoperatively and was also significantly ..
- Distinct maturations of N-propeptide domains in fibrillar procollagen molecules involved in the formation of heterotypic fibrils in adult sea urchin collagenous tissuesCaroline Cluzel
, CNRS, , , France
J Biol Chem 279:9811-7. 2004....
- Regulation of heat shock protein 47 and type I procollagen expression in avian tendon cellsHongjie Pan
The Soft Tissue Center, Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Cell Tissue Res 311:373-82. 2003..stress protein that acts as a collagen-specific molecular chaperone during the biosynthesis and secretion of procollagen. Type I collagen is a major component of tendons...
- Monitoring of bone resorption and bone formation in multiple myelomaJaroslav Bacovsky
III Department of Internal Medicine of Palacký University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub 146:59-61. 2002..In a group of patients treated by conventional chemotherapy and group of patients treated by high dose chemotherapy with autologous peripheral blood stemm cell transplantation (APBSTC)...
- Disassociation of bone resorption and formation by GLP-2: a 14-day study in healthy postmenopausal womenDennis B Henriksen
Sanos Bioscience, Glerupvej 2, 2610 Roedovre, Denmark
Bone 40:723-9. 2007..In contrast, bone formation, as assessed by serum osteocalcin and procollagen type I N-terminal propeptide (PINP), appeared to be unaffected by treatment with exogenous GLP-2...
- Type I procollagen synthesis is regulated by steroids and related hormones in human osteosarcoma cellsA Mahonen
Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, University of Kuopio, Finland
J Cell Biochem 68:151-63. 1998..gene expression by determining the secretion of the C-terminal propeptide (PICP) and the levels of alpha 1(I) procollagen mRNA in cultured human MG-63 and SaOs-2 osteoblast-like osteosarcoma cells...
- BiP binds type I procollagen pro alpha chains with mutations in the carboxyl-terminal propeptide synthesized by cells from patients with osteogenesis imperfectaS D Chessler
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
J Biol Chem 268:18226-33. 1993..from patients with osteogenesis imperfecta (OI), a disease caused by mutations in the genes encoding type I procollagen, three had increased synthesis of BiP (GRP78), an hsp70-related, endoplasmic reticulum-resident protein...
- Regulation of procollagen amino-propeptide processing during mouse embryogenesis by specialization of homologous ADAMTS proteases: insights on collagen biosynthesis and dermatosparaxisCarine Le Goff
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Orthopaedic Research Center, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Development 133:1587-96. 2006Mutations in ADAMTS2, a procollagen amino-propeptidase, cause severe skin fragility, designated as dermatosparaxis in animals, and a subtype of the Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (dermatosparactic type or VIIC) in humans...
- Bone fragility in transgenic mice expressing a mutated gene for type I procollagen (COL1A1) parallels the age-dependent phenotype of human osteogenesis imperfectaR F Pereira
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Bone Miner Res 10:1837-43. 1995An inbred strain of transgenic mice that expressed a mutated gene for type I procollagen and that developed spontaneous fractures was used to study the effects of age on the phenotype of fragile bones...
- Positive linear growth and bone responses to growth hormone treatment in children with types III and IV osteogenesis imperfecta: high predictive value of the carboxyterminal propeptide of type I procollagenJoan C Marini
Section on Connective Tissue Disorders, HDB, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Bone Miner Res 18:237-43. 2003..In the first year of treatment, growth responders achieve increased bone formation rate and density, and decreased fracture rates. The baseline plasma concentration of PICP was an excellent predictor of positive response...
- Bone mineral density: serum markers of bone turnover and their relationships in peritoneal dialysisArmando L Negri
Instituto de Investigaciones Metabólicas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Perit Dial Int 24:163-8. 2004..The usefulness of bone mass measurements and bone turnover markers to estimate the risk of fracture and the type of underlying renal osteodystrophy are not well established in patients on peritoneal dialysis (PD)...
- Octreotide abolishes the acute decrease in bone turnover in response to oral glucoseJackie A Clowes
Bone Metabolism Group, Clinical Sciences North, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, United Kingdom S5 7AU
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4867-73. 2003..C-terminal telopeptide of type I collagen, urinary N-terminal telopeptide of type I collagen, osteocalcin, procollagen type I N-terminal propeptide, PTH, insulin, ionized calcium, and glucose over 4 h...
- Oral ibandronate is as active as intravenous zoledronic acid for reducing bone turnover markers in women with breast cancer and bone metastasesJ J Body
Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Oncol 18:1165-71. 2007..Phase III study comparing the effect of oral ibandronate and intravenous zoledronic acid on bone markers...
- Recovery of bone mineral density in 126 patients after surgery for primary hyperparathyroidismErik Nordenström
Department of Surgery, Lund University Hospital, S 221 85 Lund, Sweden
World J Surg 28:502-7. 2004..Because many pHPT patients have low oral calcium intake and a vitamin D deficiency, it would be of interest to evaluate the role of postoperative calcium/vitamin D supplements...
- Effects of alendronate and hormone replacement therapy, alone and in combination, on bone mass and markers of bone turnover in elderly women with osteoporosisSirpa Eviö
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, FIN 00029 HUS Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:626-31. 2004..Urinary excretion of type I collagen aminoterminal telopeptide as related to creatinine and serum type I procollagen aminoterminal propeptide was assayed at baseline and at 6-month intervals thereafter. Increases of 9.1-11...
- Bone metabolism during interferon-alpha treatment of essential thrombocythemiaRajko Kusec
Institute of Clinical Chemistry and Department of Medicine, University Hospital Merkur, Zagreb, Croatia
Wien Klin Wochenschr 116:37-41. 2004..Serum biochemical parameters of bone remodeling [total alkaline phosphatase, osteocalcin, type-I procollagen carboxy-terminal propeptide (PICP), cross-linked telopeptide type-I collagen (ICTP)] and mineral metabolism (..
- Body mass index (BMI) and parameters of bone formation and resorption in postmenopausal womenE F Papakitsou
Center for the Study of Osteoporotic Fractures, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Maturitas 47:185-93. 2004..Aim of this study was to evaluate increased body mass index (BMI) as an anthropometric factor, predisposing to lower rates of bone turnover or changes in bone balance after menopause...
- Long-term biochemical response after bisphosphonate therapy in Paget's disease of bone. Proposed intervals for monitoring treatmentL Alvarez
Servicio Bioquimica Clinica, Hospital Clinic, C Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:869-74. 2004..serum total alkaline phosphatase (TAP) and more sensitive markers such as bone alkaline phosphatase (BAP), procollagen type I N propeptide (PINP) and urinary N-terminal cross-linking telopeptide of type I collagen (NTX); to ..
- Gender variation in PTH sensitivity and rhythmicity following growth hormone replacement in adult growth hormone-deficient patientsH D White
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Royal Liverpool Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 60:516-26. 2004..Reduction in sensitivity of bone and kidney to the effects of PTH may underlie AGHD changes in bone turnover. We determined the gender difference in PTH target-organ sensitivity following GHR in AGHD patients...
- The clinical significance of serum osteocalcin and N-terminal propeptide of type I collagen in predialysis patients with chronic renal failureTakao Tsuchida
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Molecular Medicine, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Osteoporos Int 16:172-9. 2005..OC and PINP are suggested to be possible parameters for the clinical evaluation of the effect of bone metabolism on BMD...
- Dose-response relationships between energy availability and bone turnover in young exercising womenRayan Ihle
Department of Biological Sciences, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701, USA
J Bone Miner Res 19:1231-40. 2004..Samples were assayed for plasma osteocalcin (OC), serum type I procollagen carboxy-terminal propeptide (PICP), and urinary N-telopeptide (NTX). RESULTS: NTX concentrations (p < 0...
- Effect of calcium fortified milk supplementation with or without vitamin K on biochemical markers of bone turnover in premenopausal womenMarlena C Kruger
Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Nutrition 22:1120-8. 2006..We compared the effect of supplementation with a fortified skimmed milk product (high calcium skim milk) with or without added phylloquinone (vitamin K(1)) on markers of bone formation and resorption in premenopausal women...
- Sex- and age-specific reference curves for serum markers of bone turnover in healthy children from 2 months to 18 yearsMarkus Rauchenzauner
Department of Pediatrics 1, Medical University Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:443-9. 2007..This study aimed to establish sex- and age-specific reference curves enabling the calculation of z-scores and to examine correlations between bone markers and anthropometric data...
- Bone mineral density in patients with growth hormone deficiency: does a gender difference exist?Mette Friberg Hitz
Medical Department, Roskilde County Hospital, Koge, Denmark
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 65:783-91. 2006..The aim of the study was to clarify whether a gender difference exists with respect to bone mineral density (BMD) and bone mineral content (BMC) in adult patients with growth hormone deficiency (GHD)...
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF OSTEOGENESIS IMPERFECTAPeter Byers; Fiscal Year: 1999..The yeast two-hybrid system will be used to identify novel proteins that interact with portions of the type I procollagen molecule, and those genes isolated and characterized...
- ALCOHOL-INDUCED HEPATIC P450s IN HCV/HIV OXIDATE INJURYSTEVEN SHEDLOFSKY; Fiscal Year: 2003..of oxidative stress (urinary F2-isoprostanes, monocyte NFKB) and active fibrinogenesis (TGFbeta-1, N-terminal procollagen peptide III) will be correlated with P450 profiles...
- UV-induced collagen reduction: treating skin sclerodermaSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2005..mechanisms; 1) induction of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) that degrade skin collagen, and 2) inhibit of new procollagen synthesis...
- DNA CAPILLARY ELECTROPHORESIS PROTOCOLS AND PROCESSESMichael Morris; Fiscal Year: 2002..concentrations induced the expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP- 1) and alpha1 (I) procollagen in a hepatic stellate cell line and collagen production in primary cultures of hepatic stellate cells...
- EFFECT OF DENERVATION ON THE FUNCTION OF THE AIRWAYSJ PEREZ FONTAN; Fiscal Year: 2000..The first aim will be to define the effects of denervation on the transciptional regulation of type I procollagen in rats...
- ALTERED METHIONINE METABOLISM IN ALCOHOLIC LIVER INJURYShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2005..relevant concentrations induced the expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-4 (TIMP- 1) and a 1(I) procollagen in a hepatic stellate cell line and collagen production in primary cultures of hepatic stellate cells...
- Determinants and Cardiovascular Consequences of Diabetes in Older AdultsKenneth Mukamal; Fiscal Year: 2009..3) the associations of advanced glycation end-products and profibrotic markers (transforming growth factor 2, procollagen III N-terminal peptide) with microvascular and clinical CVD...
- Determinants and Cardiovascular Consequences of Diabetes in Older AdultsSusan J Zieman; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) the associations of advanced glycation end-products and profibrotic markers (transforming growth factor 2, procollagen III N-terminal peptide) with microvascular and clinical CVD...
- CYR61-a novel potential mediator of photoaged human skinTaihao Quan; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have demonstrated UV irradiation reduces synthesis of type I procollagen and elevates expression of matrix-degrading metalloproteinases (MMPs), which degrade type I collagen, the most ..
- CYR61-a novel potential mediator of photoaged human skinTaihao Quan; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have demonstrated UV irradiation reduces synthesis of type I procollagen and elevates expression of matrix-degrading metalloproteinases (MMPs), which degrade type I collagen, the most ..
- INTERLEUKIN 6 ROLE IN ALCOHOLIC LIVER CIRRHOSISMarcos Rojkind; Fiscal Year: 1999..have obtained evidence to suggest that IL-6 is a fibrogenic cytokine that induces the expression of alpha1(I) procollagen mRNA. In addition, TNF-alpha is a cytokine that mediates cell injury...
- Procollagen C-Proteinase Enhancers: In vivo RolesDANIEL GREENSPAN; Fiscal Year: 2009The parent grant (Procollagen C-proteinase Enhancers: In vivo Roles, R01 AR53815) for this Revision Application involves in depth characterization of PCOLCE1-null, PCOLCE2-null, and PCOLCE1/PCOLCE2 doubly null knockout mice to study in ..
- Pediatric Heart Network North Carolina ConsortiumPage Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..of myocardial scarring assessed by MRI; 4) neurohormonal activation, BNP; biomarkers of collagen synthesis, procollagen I and III peptides; and 5) renin angiotensin aldosterone system polymorphisms. The trial duration is six months...
- COLLAGEN BIOSYNTHESIS BY CULTURED FIBROBLASTSJouni Uitto; Fiscal Year: 1993..we propose extensive studies on the structure and metabolism of collagen and its biosynthetic precursor, procollagen, utilizing human skin fibroblast cultures...
- MECHANISM OF RETROCORNEAL FIBROUS MEMBRANEEUNDUCK KAY; Fiscal Year: 1999..the major modulated phenotype, has now been partially characterized as post-translational regulation: type I procollagen is synthesized in corneal endothelial cells; however, the molecule is not secreted into the extracellular ..
- FAMILIAL AORTIC ANEURYSM: A MOLECULAR GENETIC ANALYSISCraig Basson; Fiscal Year: 2005..demonstrates that FAA in another kindred (ANA) is not linked to the fibrillin-1, fibrillin-2, or the type III procollagen genes...
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo N Lara; Fiscal Year: 2010..We found that several baseline markers of bone formation (osteocalcin, procollagen N-terminal propeptides: PINP &PIIINP, total alkaline phosphates) and resorption (N-telopeptide, ..
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo Lara; Fiscal Year: 2009..We found that several baseline markers of bone formation (osteocalcin, procollagen N-terminal propeptides: PINP & PIIINP, total alkaline phosphates) and resorption (N-telopeptide, ..