Genomes and Genes
Summary: A biosynthetic precursor of collagen containing additional amino acid sequences at the amino-terminal and carboxyl-terminal ends of the polypeptide chains.
Publications305 found, 100 shown here
- Sedlin controls the ER export of procollagen by regulating the Sar1 cycleRossella Venditti
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Naples, Italy
Science 337:1668-72. 2012Newly synthesized proteins exit the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) via coat protein complex II (COPII) vesicles. Procollagen (PC), however, forms prefibrils that are too large to fit into typical COPII vesicles; PC thus needs large transport ..
- Opposite bone remodeling effects of teriparatide and alendronate in increasing bone massMichael R McClung
Oregon Osteoporosis Center, Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR 97213, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:1762-8. 2005..We contrasted the effects of once-daily doses of 20 mug of teriparatide and 10 mg of alendronate sodium on bone mineral density (BMD) and markers of bone turnover...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-1: the type I procollagen C-proteinaseE Kessler
Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger Eye Research Institute, Tel Aviv University Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Science 271:360-2. 1996..b>Procollagen C-proteinase (PCP) cleaves the COOH-propeptides of procollagens I, II, and III to yield the major fibrous ..
- Age-dependent alterations in fibrillar collagen content and myocardial diastolic function: role of SPARC in post-synthetic procollagen processingAmy D Bradshaw
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H614-22. 2010..that one determinant of age-dependent remodeling is a change in the extent to which newly synthesized procollagen is processed into mature collagen fibrils...
- Selenium supplementation attenuates procollagen-1 and interleukin-8 production in fat-loaded human C3A hepatoblastoma cells treated with TGFbeta1Catriona Clarke
Clinical Biochemistry, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1800:611-8. 2010..The contributions of individual liver cell types to fibrogenesis remain controversial and the influence of selenium status has not been investigated...
- Serum concentrations of osteocalcin, procollagen type 1 N-terminal propeptide and beta-CrossLaps in obese subjects with varying degrees of glucose toleranceP Iglesias
Department of Endocrinology, Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 75:184-8. 2011To evaluate serum levels of osteocalcin (OC), procollagen type 1 N-terminal propeptide (P1PN) and beta-CrossLaps (beta-CTx) in obese subjects and their relationship with glucose metabolism parameters.
- Expression of a partially deleted gene of human type II procollagen (COL2A1) in transgenic mice produces a chondrodysplasiaP Vandenberg
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:7640-4. 1991A minigene version of the human gene for type II procollagen (COL2A1) was prepared that lacked a large central region containing 12 of the 52 exons and therefore 291 of the 1523 codons of the gene...
- Type IIB procollagen NH(2)-propeptide induces death of tumor cells via interaction with integrins alpha(V)beta(3) and alpha(V)beta(5)Zhepeng Wang
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MI 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 285:20806-17. 2010..In an assay for invasion, PIIBNP reduced the number of cells crossing the membrane. In vivo, in a tumor model for breast cancer, PIIBNP was consistently able to reduce the size of the tumor...
- Alpha-ketoglutarate stimulates procollagen production in cultured human dermal fibroblasts, and decreases UVB-induced wrinkle formation following topical application on the dorsal skin of hairless miceEui Dong Son
AmorePacific Corporation R and D Center, 314 1 Bora dong, Giheung gu, Yongin si, Kyeonggi do 446 729, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 30:1395-9. 2007..To investigate the effects of alpha-ketoglutarate on procollagen production and wrinkle formation, we conducted experiments in cultured human dermal fibroblasts and UVB-..
- A mutation in the gene for type III procollagen (COL3A1) in a family with aortic aneurysmsS Kontusaari
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
J Clin Invest 86:1465-73. 1990..that familial aortic aneurysms, either thoracic or abdominal, are caused by mutations in the gene for type III procollagen (COL3A1) similar to mutations in the same gene that have been shown to cause rupture of aorta and other ..
- Vitamin A antagonizes decreased cell growth and elevated collagen-degrading matrix metalloproteinases and stimulates collagen accumulation in naturally aged human skinJ Varani
Departments of Pathology and Dermatology, The University of Michigan, Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Invest Dermatol 114:480-6. 2000..In addition, vitamin A treatment reduces matrix metalloproteinase expression and stimulates collagen synthesis in naturally aged, sun-protected skin, as it does in photoaged skin...
- Caenorhabditis elegans dpy-5 is a cuticle procollagen processed by a proprotein convertaseC Thacker
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, 419 2125 East Mall, Vancouver, B C, V6T 1Z4, Canada
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:1193-204. 2006..Molecular cloning of dpy-5 establishes that it encodes a cuticle procollagen, defects in which are responsible for the short-body, dumpy phenotype...
- Increased collagen type I synthesis in patients with heart failure of hypertensive origin: relation to myocardial fibrosisRamón Querejeta
Division of Cardiology, Donostia University Hospital, San Sebastian, Spain
Circulation 110:1263-8. 2004..We investigated whether increased collagen type I synthesis and deposition contribute to enhancement of myocardial fibrosis and deterioration of cardiac function in patients with hypertensive heart disease (HHD)...
- Diurnal variation of serum and urine biomarkers in patients with radiographic knee osteoarthritisS Y Kong
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:2496-504. 2006..To evaluate diurnal variation of biomarkers in subjects with osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee...
- Effects of yearly zoledronic acid 5 mg on bone turnover markers and relation of PINP with fracture reduction in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisPierre D Delmas
INSERM Research Unit 831 and University of Lyon, Lyon, France
J Bone Miner Res 24:1544-51. 2009..telopeptides of type 1 collagen (beta-CTX), 30% for bone alkaline phosphatase (ALP), and 56% for procollagen type 1 amino-terminal propeptide (PINP)...
- Embryonic lethality of molecular chaperone hsp47 knockout mice is associated with defects in collagen biosynthesisN Nagai
Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation JST, and Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Cell Biol 150:1499-506. 2000Triple helix formation of procollagen after the assembly of three alpha-chains at the C-propeptide is a prerequisite for refined structures such as fibers and meshworks...
- Is SPARC an evolutionarily conserved collagen chaperone?N Martinek
Department of Cell and Systems Biology, University of Toronto, 25 Harbord Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 3G5
J Dent Res 86:296-305. 2007..by a complex mechanism of protein-folding, whereby pro-collagen alpha-chains are assembled into triple-helical procollagen molecules...
- Changes in bone mass and bone turnover following tibial shaft fractureS W Veitch
Orthopaedic Department, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Osteoporos Int 17:364-72. 2006..The aim of this longitudinal study was to determine the pattern and distribution of bone loss and bone turnover following a tibial shaft fracture treated with either plaster cast or intramedullary nail...
- Potential protective effect of fresh grown unicellular green algae component (resilient factor) against PMA- and UVB-induced MMP1 expression in skin fibroblastsMei Fen Shih
Department of Pharmacy, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, 60 Erh Jen Road, Sec 1, Pao An, Jen Te Hsiang, Tainan, 717, Taiwan ROC
Eur J Dermatol 18:303-7. 2008..In addition, RF prevents the UVB-suppressed elastin protein and pro-collagen gene expression. These findings indicate that RF may exert a protective effect against UVB irradiation-induced damage in the skin...
- Elevated plasma osteopontin as marker for distant metastases and poor survival in patients with renal cell carcinomaAzizbek Ramankulov
Department of Urology, University Hospital Charite, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10098 Berlin, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 133:643-52. 2007..To evaluate diagnostic and prognostic significance of plasma osteopontin (OPN) in patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Hsp47 and the translation-translocation machinery cooperate in the production of alpha 1(I) chains of type I procollagenJ J Sauk
Department of Pathology, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201
J Biol Chem 269:3941-6. 1994Hsp47, an endoplasmic reticulum resident protein, has gelatin-binding and procollagen-binding properties and has been hypothesized to function as a molecular chaperone in regulating procollagen folding and/or assembly...
- Comparison of total and intact aminoterminal propeptide of type I procollagen assays in patients with breast cancer with or without bone metastasesLauri Marin
Institute of Diagnostics, Department of Clinical Chemistry, PL 5000, FI 90014, University of Oulu, Oulu
Ann Clin Biochem 48:447-51. 2011Aminoterminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PINP) reflects bone formation. Two different antigens exist in human serum: intact PINP and a monomeric form...
- Inhibition of type I procollagen synthesis by damaged collagen in photoaged skin and by collagenase-degraded collagen in vitroJ Varani
Department of Pathology, The University of Michigan Medical School, 1301 Catherine Rd Box 0602, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Pathol 158:931-42. 2001Type I and type III procollagen are reduced in photodamaged human skin. This reduction could result from increased degradation by metalloproteinases and/or from reduced procollagen synthesis...
- Measurement of aminoterminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PINP) in serumMarja Kaisa Koivula
Institute of Diagnostics, Department of Clinical Chemistry, P O Box 5000, 90014 University of Oulu, Finland
Clin Biochem 45:920-7. 2012The aminoterminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PINP) in serum is a sensitive indicator of the synthesis of type I collagen...
- Bone turnover markers as predictors of mortality risk in prostate cancer patients with bone metastases following treatment with zoledronic acidKlaus Jung
Department of Urology, University Hospital Charite, Berlin, Germany
Eur Urol 59:604-12. 2011..Clinical data have limited validity for predicting the survival of prostate cancer (PCa) patients with bone metastases. There is a need to improve the predictive evidence both for clinicians and patients...
- Extracellular matrix building marked by the N-terminal propeptide of procollagen type I reflect aggressiveness of recurrent breast cancerBenny Vittrup Jensen
Department of Oncology, University Hospital of Herlev, Copenhagen, Denmark
Int J Cancer 98:582-9. 2002..the synthesis of type I collagen marked by circulating concentration of the aminoterminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PINP)...
- Inhibitory effect of Astragalus membranaceus root on matrix metalloproteinase-1 collagenase expression and procollagen destruction in ultraviolet B-irradiated human dermal fibroblasts by suppressing nuclear factor kappa-B activityMin Jung Hong
Department of Prescriptionology, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
J Pharm Pharmacol 65:142-8. 2013..This study has investigated the photo-protective effect of A. membranaceus on UVB radiation-induced activation of nuclear factor kappa-B (NF-κB) activity in human dermal fibroblasts...
- The [corrected] SEC23-SEC31 [corrected] interface plays critical role for export of procollagen from the endoplasmic reticulumSun Don Kim
Section of Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Biol Chem 287:10134-44. 2012..size, and packaging of cargo molecules into COPII vesicles that we have tested but induces accumulation of procollagen in the endoplasmic reticulum when expressed in normal fibroblasts...
- Characterization of a novel mouse monoclonal antibody, clone 1E8.33, highly specific for human procollagen 11A1, a tumor-associated stromal componentMarcos García-Ocaña
Biotechnological and Biomedical Assays Unit, Technical Scientific Services, Oviedo University, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Int J Oncol 40:1447-54. 2012A novel IgG1, κ mouse monoclonal antibody (clone 1E8.33) to human procollagen 11A1 has been generated...
- Procollagen lysyl hydroxylase 2 is essential for hypoxia-induced breast cancer metastasisDaniele M Gilkes
Vascular Program, Institute for Cell Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mol Cancer Res 11:456-66. 2013..cancer cells, hypoxia-inducible factor 1 (HIF-1) activates transcription of the PLOD1 and PLOD2 genes encoding procollagen lysyl hydroxylases that are required for the biogenesis of collagen, which is a major constituent of the ECM...
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV: a multi-exon deletion in one of the two COL3A1 alleles affecting structure, stability, and processing of type III procollagenA Superti-Furga
Department of Pediatrics, University of Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 263:6226-32. 1988..In procollagen molecules containing one or more shortened chains, a triple helix is formed with a length of only about 780 ..
- Preferential expression of alternatively spliced mRNAs encoding type II procollagen with a cysteine-rich amino-propeptide in differentiating cartilage and nonchondrogenic tissues during early mouse developmentL J Ng
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University
Dev Biol 159:403-17. 1993Type II procollagen mRNAs are alternatively spliced: type IIA mRNA contains an exon encoding a cysteine-rich domain in the amino-propeptide and type IIB mRNA lacks this exon. In mouse embryos between 9.5 and 13...
- Limitation of excessive extracellular matrix turnover may contribute to survival benefit of spironolactone therapy in patients with congestive heart failure: insights from the randomized aldactone evaluation study (RALES). Rales InvestigatorsF Zannad
Centre d Investigation Clinique INSERM CHU, Laboratory of Biochemistry, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, University Henri Poincare, Nancy, France
Circulation 102:2700-6. 2000..It has been suggested that spironolactone may decrease cardiac fibrosis. We investigated the interactions between serum markers of cardiac fibrosis and the effect of spironolactone on outcome in patients with CHF...
- Enhancement of procollagen biosynthesis by p180 through augmented ribosome association on the endoplasmic reticulum in response to stimulated secretionTomonori Ueno
Nippi Research Institute of Biomatrix, Toride, Ibaraki 302 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:29941-50. 2010..Here, we show that p180 plays a key role in procollagen biosynthesis and secretion in diploid fibroblasts...
- Differential expression of procollagen genes between mid- and late-gestational fetal fibroblastsRichard Carter
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, VA 23298 0015, USA
J Surg Res 156:90-4. 2009..we have shown that cutaneous wounds in mid-gestational (E15) mice heal in a scarless manner with decreased procollagen 1 and increased procollagen 3 production compared with wounds in late-gestational (E18) mice, which heal with ..
- Fibronectin binds and enhances the activity of bone morphogenetic protein 1Guorui Huang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25879-88. 2009..FN is shown to positively regulate BMP1 processing activity against Chordin, probiglycan, and type I procollagen in vitro...
- Pentoxifylline downregulates profibrogenic cytokines and procollagen I expression in rat secondary biliary fibrosisC Raetsch
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Free University of Berlin, Germany
Gut 50:241-7. 2002..The antifibrotic effect of pentoxifylline in a suitable in vivo model of chronic liver fibrogenesis remains to be tested...
- Role of the netrin-like domain of procollagen C-proteinase enhancer-1 in the control of metalloproteinase activityMourad Bekhouche
From the Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Protéines, CNRS Université de Lyon UMR 5086, IFR128, 69367 Lyon, France
J Biol Chem 285:15950-9. 2010..The presence of a C-terminal NTR domain in procollagen C-proteinase enhancers (PCPEs), proteins that stimulate the activity of astacin-like tolloid proteinases, ..
- Serum concentration of amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen (PIIINP) as a prognostic marker for skin fibrosis after scar correction in burned patientsDietmar Ulrich
Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery Burn Center, University Hospital, Aachen University of Technology, Germany
Burns 28:766-71. 2002The amino-terminal propeptide of procollagen type III (PIIINP) has been proposed as a marker for fibrogenesis in patients with different fibroproliferative disorders, e.g. liver and lung fibrosis...
- The let-268 locus of Caenorhabditis elegans encodes a procollagen lysyl hydroxylase that is essential for type IV collagen secretionK R Norman
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6T 1Z4, Canada
Dev Biol 227:690-705. 2000..We have identified several mutations in a procollagen processing enzyme, lysyl hydroxylase (let-268)...
- Bone resorption and osteoporotic fractures in elderly men: the dubbo osteoporosis epidemiology studyChristian Meier
Bone Research Program, ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Bone Miner Res 20:579-87. 2005..3 years, high bone resorption as assessed by S-ICTP was associated with increased risk of osteoporotic fracture, independent of BMD. Combining measurements of BMD and bone turnover may improve fracture prediction in elderly men...
- Development of an algorithm for using PINP to monitor treatment of patients with teriparatideRichard Eastell
University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 22:61-6. 2006Teriparatide effects are mediated via the preferential stimulation of osteoblastic activity over osteoclastic activity. Amino-terminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PINP) is an indicator of osteoblastic activity.
- Serum levels of type IIA procollagen amino terminal propeptide (PIIANP) are decreased in patients with knee osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritisJ C Rousseau
INSERM Unit 403, Pavillon F, Hopital E Herriot, Lyon, France
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 12:440-7. 2004..In addition, we investigated circulating forms recognized by antiserum IIA in pools of serum from healthy adults, patients with OA and patients with RA...
- Mutations in PPIB (cyclophilin B) delay type I procollagen chain association and result in perinatal lethal to moderate osteogenesis imperfecta phenotypesShawna M Pyott
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7470, USA
Hum Mol Genet 20:1595-609. 2011..in the rough endoplasmic reticulum (RER) and can form a complex involved in prolyl 3-hydroxylation in type I procollagen. CYPB, a prolyl cis-trans isomerase, has been thought to drive the prolyl-containing peptide bonds to the trans ..
- Correlations between biochemical markers of bone turnover and bone density responses in patients with glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis treated with teriparatide or alendronateAlan L Burshell
Ochsner Clinic Foundation, Endocrinology Department, 9S Lobby Tower, 1514 Jefferson Highway, New Orleans, LA 70121, USA
Bone 46:935-9. 2010..With both therapies, early changes in some bone turnover markers were correlated with 18-month gains in BMD in patients with GIO...
- Autophagy eliminates a specific species of misfolded procollagen and plays a protective role in cell survival against ER stressYoshihito Ishida
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier and Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Autophagy 5:1217-9. 2009..Using two independent cell lines that produce misfolded collagens, we recently demonstrated that procollagen, which is misfolded and accumulated as trimers, is eliminated through the autophagy-lysosomal pathway, not ..
- Transforming growth factor beta1 induces the expression of alpha1(I) procollagen mRNA by a hydrogen peroxide-C/EBPbeta-dependent mechanism in rat hepatic stellate cellsE R Garcia-Trevijano
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Hepatology 29:960-70. 1999..While the addition of H2O2 to HSC induced the expression of alpha1(I) procollagen mRNA, catalase, an H2O2 enzyme scavenger, abrogated TGF-beta-mediated col1a1 gene up-regulation...
- Determinants of bone turnover markers in healthy premenopausal womenSilvano Adami
Rheumatology Unit, University of Verona, Ospedale di Valeggio, Valeggio, Verona, Italy
Calcif Tissue Int 82:341-7. 2008..serum BTMs (serum C-telopeptide of type I collagen [CTX], osteocalcin [OC], and N-terminal propeptide of type I procollagen [P1NP]), serum calcium, creatinine, phosphate, magnesium, and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) were measured ..
- Antifibrotic effect of silymarin in rat secondary biliary fibrosis is mediated by downregulation of procollagen alpha1(I) and TIMP-1J D Jia
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Friedrich-Alexander University, Erlangen-Nuernberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Hepatol 35:392-8. 2001..Steady-state mRNA levels for procollagen alpha1(I), tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1), and transforming growth factor (TGF) beta1 were ..
- Discovery and development of the N-terminal procollagen type II (NPII) biomarker: a tool for measuring collagen type II synthesisO V Nemirovskiy
Pfizer Global Research and Development, St Louis, MO 63017, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:1494-500. 2008..The ability to quantify the procollagen peptides in biological fluids would enable a better understanding of OA disease pathology and provide means for ..
- Independent and additional prognostic value of aminoterminal propeptide of type III procollagen circulating levels in patients with chronic heart failureMariantonietta Cicoira
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Chirurgiche, Sezione di Cardiologia, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Italy
J Card Fail 10:403-11. 2004..We aimed to determine whether aminoterminal-propeptide of type III procollagen (PIIINP), a marker of extracellular matrix turnover, might provide prognostic information in CHF patients.
- Factor Xa stimulates fibroblast procollagen production, proliferation, and calcium signaling via PAR1 activationOlivier P Blanc-Brude
Royal Free and University College London Medical School, Centre for Cardiopulmonary Biochemistry and Respiratory Medicine, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Exp Cell Res 304:16-27. 2005Fibroblast proliferation and procollagen production are central features of tissue repair and fibrosis...
- An experimental model for studying the biomechanics of embryonic tendon: Evidence that the development of mechanical properties depends on the actinomyosin machineryNicholas S Kalson
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Matrix Biol 29:678-89. 2010..labeling showed that blebbistatin inhibited the contraction of the constructs without affecting cell viability, procollagen synthesis, or conversion of procollagen to collagen...
- Circulating matrix metalloproteinases 1, 2, 9 and their inhibitors TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 as serum markers of liver fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C: comparison with PIIINP and hyaluronic acidVincent Leroy
Département d Hépato Gastroentérologie, CHU de Grenoble, France
Am J Gastroenterol 99:271-9. 2004..Histological examination of liver biopsy is currently required in the management of patients with chronic hepatitis C. Our aim was to evaluate the diagnostic utility of a panel of circulating markers in detecting the stage of fibrosis...
- An inbred line of transgenic mice expressing an internally deleted gene for type II procollagen (COL2A1). Young mice have a variable phenotype of a chondrodysplasia and older mice have osteoarthritic changes in jointsH J Helminen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
J Clin Invest 92:582-95. 1993..Instead, the most striking feature in the 15-mo-old mice were degenerative changes of articular cartilage similar to osteoarthritis...
- Haploinsufficiency for one COL3A1 allele of type III procollagen results in a phenotype similar to the vascular form of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IVU Schwarze
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Hum Genet 69:989-1001. 2001Mutations in the COL3A1 gene that encodes the chains of type III procollagen result in the vascular form of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS), EDS type IV, if they alter the sequence in the triple-helical domain...
- Critical differences in the serial measurement of three biochemical markers of bone turnover in the sera of pre- and postmenopausal womenJ K Scariano
Medical Laboratory Sciences, Department of Pathology, HSSB Room 220, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 5651, USA
Clin Biochem 34:639-44. 2001..biologic, day-to-day variability and critical differences in serum levels of crosslinked collagen N-telopeptides (NTx), procollagen aminoterminal extension propeptides (PINP) and bone specific alkaline phosphatase (bAP) in healthy women.
- Serum BNP, hs-C-reactive protein, procollagen to assess the risk of ventricular tachycardia in ICD recipients after myocardial infarctionHugues Blangy
Departement de Cardiologie, CHU de Nancy, Hopital de Brabois, rue du Morvan, 54511, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Europace 9:724-9. 2007..The present study investigates the relationship between cardiac fibrosis [procollagen type I aminoterminal peptide (PINP), procollagen type III aminoterminal peptide (PIIINP), TIMP1, membrane ..
- Interaction properties of the procollagen C-proteinase enhancer protein shed light on the mechanism of stimulation of BMP-1Sylvie Ricard-Blum
Laboratoire d Ingénierie des Macromolécules, Institut de Biologie Structurale, CNRS UMR 5075, 38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France
J Biol Chem 277:33864-9. 2002b>Procollagen C-proteinase enhancer (PCPE) is an extracellular matrix glycoprotein that binds to the C-propeptide of procollagen I and can enhance the activities of procollagen C-proteinases up to 20-fold...
- Tissue stretch decreases soluble TGF-beta1 and type-1 procollagen in mouse subcutaneous connective tissue: evidence from ex vivo and in vivo modelsNicole A Bouffard
Department of Neurology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Cell Physiol 214:389-95. 2008..a day for 7 days) or no stretch; subcutaneous tissues of the back were immunohistochemically stained for Type-1 procollagen. In the ex vivo model, TGF-beta1 protein was lower in stretched versus non-stretched tissue (repeated measures ..
- Analytical, physiologic, and clinical validation of a radioimmunoassay for measurement of procollagen type III amino terminal propeptide in serum and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid obtained from dogsSimone Schuller
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Am J Vet Res 67:749-55. 2006To validate a radioimmunoassay for measurement of procollagen type III amino terminal propeptide (PIIINP) concentrations in canine serum and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) and investigate the effects of physiologic and pathologic ..
- Time course of right ventricular pressure-overload induced myocardial fibrosis: relationship to changes in fibroblast postsynthetic procollagen processingCatalin F Baicu
Gazes Cardiac Research Institute, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 303:H1128-34. 2012..insoluble collagen, and levels of SPARC (secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine), a protein that affects procollagen processing. RV hypertrophic growth was complete 2 wk after PAB...
- Transcriptional repression of type I procollagen genes during adipocyte differentiationT Yi
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Jung-gu, Daegu, Korea
Exp Mol Med 33:269-75. 2001..Among them, type I procollagen gene has been shown to specifically decrease during adipocyte differentiation; however, little is known about ..
- Pressure overload-induced alterations in fibrillar collagen content and myocardial diastolic function: role of secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine (SPARC) in post-synthetic procollagen processingAmy D Bradshaw
Gazes Cardiac Research Institute, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, RHJ Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Circulation 119:269-80. 2009..one determinant of these pressure overload-induced changes is the extracellular processing of newly synthesized procollagen into mature collagen fibrils...
- Early changes in biochemical markers of bone turnover and their relationship with bone mineral density changes after 24 months of treatment with teriparatideA Blumsohn
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield, UK
Osteoporos Int 22:1935-46. 2011..Prior therapy does not adversely affect the response to teriparatide treatment. Similar bone markers levels are reached after 6 months of treatment...
- Procollagen III N-terminal propeptide and desmosine are released by matrix destruction in pulmonary tuberculosisJo Seddon
Infectious Diseases and Immunity
J Infect Dis 208:1571-9. 2013..We investigate the hypothesis that MMP activity generates matrix turnover products as correlates of lung pathology...
- Early changes in serum markers of cardiac extra-cellular matrix turnover in patients with uncomplicated hypertension and type II diabetesFrancois Alla
Epidemiology Department EA 3444, University Hospital, Nancy, France
Eur J Heart Fail 8:147-53. 2006..Our objective was to compare blood markers of collagen turnover among patients with CHF, patients with hypertension and type II diabetes (HD), and healthy individuals...
- The relation between myocardial cyclic variation of integrated backscatter and serum concentrations of procollagen propeptides in hypertensive patientsYen Hung Lin
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Ultrasound Med Biol 30:885-91. 2004..We hypothesized that serum procollagen propeptides can offer additional values to CVIBS for evaluating cardiac changes related to fibrosis or ischemia...
- Value of C-telopeptide-cross-linked Type I collagen, osteocalcin, bone-specific alkaline phosphatase and procollagen Type I N-terminal propeptide in the diagnosis and prognosis of bone metastasis in patients with malignant tumorsHui Zhao
Department of Internal Oncology, Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Med Sci Monit 17:CR626-633. 2011..The present study aimed to investigate the value of biochemical markers of bone turnover in the diagnosis and prognosis of bone metastases of malignant tumors...
- Type I collagen triplet duplication mutation in lethal osteogenesis imperfecta shifts register of alpha chains throughout the helix and disrupts incorporation of mutant helices into fibrils and extracellular matrixWayne A Cabral
Section on Connective Tissue Disorders, HDB NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 278:10006-12. 2003..An in vitro binary co-processing assay of N-proteinase cleavage demonstrated that procollagen with the triplet duplication has slower N-propeptide cleavage than in normal controls or procollagen with ..
- Transforming growth factor-beta induces secretion of activated ADAMTS-2. A procollagen III N-proteinaseWei Man Wang
Department of Biomolecular Chemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 278:19549-57. 2003The metalloproteinase ADAMTS-2 has procollagen I N-proteinase activity capable of cleaving procollagens I and II N-propeptides in vitro, whereas mutations in the ADAMTS-2 gene in dermatosparaxis and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome VIIC show this ..
- Amla (Emblica officinalis Gaertn.) extract promotes procollagen production and inhibits matrix metalloproteinase-1 in human skin fibroblastsTakashi Fujii
Institute for Health Sciences, MIKI Corporation, 12 4, Naruohama 3, Nishinomiya 663 8142, Hyogo, Japan
J Ethnopharmacol 119:53-7. 2008..In this study, we investigated the effects of amla extract on human skin fibroblasts, especially for production of procollagen and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), in vitro.
- Reduction in PINP, a marker of bone metabolism, with raloxifene treatment and its relationship with vertebral fracture riskJ Y Reginster
CHU Centre Ville, Liege, Belgium
Bone 34:344-51. 2004..This present study evaluated the effects of raloxifene on type I procollagen N-terminal propeptide (PINP), a new marker of bone turnover...
- Bone formation markers in patients with glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis treated with teriparatide or alendronateRichard Eastell
University of Sheffield Bone Metabolism Group, Metabolic Bone Centre, Sorby Wing, Northern General Hospital, Herries Road, Sheffield, S5 7AU, UK
Bone 46:929-34. 2010..GIO), and is reflected by decreased biochemical markers of bone formation, such as serum osteocalcin (OC) and procollagen type I N-terminal propeptide (PINP)...
- Structure of a cDNA for the pro alpha 2 chain of human type I procollagen. Comparison with chick cDNA for pro alpha 2(I) identifies structurally conserved features of the protein and the geneM P Bernard
Biochemistry 22:1139-45. 1983..sequences were determined for cloned cDNAs encoding for more than half of the pro alpha 2 chain of type I procollagen from man...
- Association of Hsp47, Grp78, and Grp94 with procollagen supports the successive or coupled action of molecular chaperonesL R Ferreira
Department of Pathology, School of Dentistry, University of Maryland at Baltimore 21201
J Cell Biochem 56:518-26. 1994Hsp47, Grp78, and Grp94 have been implicated with procollagen maturation events...
- Stop codon in the procollagen II gene (COL2A1) in a family with the Stickler syndrome (arthro-ophthalmopathy)N N Ahmad
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:6624-7. 1991Linkage analysis with restriction fragment length polymorphisms for the gene for type II procollagen (COL2A1) was carried out in a family with the Stickler syndrome, or arthro-ophthalmopathy, an autosomal dominant disorder that affects ..
- Mutation in type II procollagen (COL2A1) that substitutes aspartate for glycine alpha 1-67 and that causes cataracts and retinal detachment: evidence for molecular heterogeneity in the Wagner syndrome and the Stickler syndrome (arthro-ophthalmopathy)J Korkko
Collagen Research Unit, University of Oulu, Finland
Am J Hum Genet 53:55-61. 1993A search for mutations in the gene for type II procollagen (COL2A1) was carried out in affected members of a family with early-onset cataracts, lattice degeneration of the retina, and retinal detachment...
- Defective folding and stable association with protein disulfide isomerase/prolyl hydroxylase of type I procollagen with a deletion in the pro alpha 2(I) chain that preserves the Gly-X-Y repeat patternS D Chessler
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
J Biol Chem 267:7751-7. 1992..processing, and association with two endoplasmic reticulum (ER) resident proteins of the abnormal type I procollagen molecules produced by a strain of fibroblasts harboring a 4...
- Inheritance of an RNA splicing mutation (G+ 1 IVS20) in the type III procollagen gene (COL3A1) in a family having aortic aneurysms and easy bruisability: phenotypic overlap between familial arterial aneurysms and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IVS Kontusaari
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Am J Hum Genet 47:112-20. 1990Inheritance of a single base mutation in the type III procollagen gene (COL3A1) was studied in a family with aortic aneurysms and easy bruisability...
- Altered procollagen mRNA expression during the progression of avian sclerodermaM J Ausserlechner
Institute for General and Experimental Pathology, Medical School, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Mol Med 3:654-62. 1997....
- HSP47 as a collagen-specific molecular chaperone: function and expression in normal mouse developmentKazuhiro Nagata
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8397, Japan
Semin Cell Dev Biol 14:275-82. 2003..The importance of HSP47 in the therapeutic strategy for fibrotic diseases as well as for a marker of collagen-related autoimmune diseases will also be discussed...
- Association of adiponectin with procollagen type I carboxyterminal propeptide in non-diabetic essential hypertensionWei Chuan Tsai
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital Dou Liou Branch, Dou Liou, Taiwan
Blood Press 17:233-8. 2008The serum concentration of procollagen type I carboxyterminal propeptide (PICP) is a good marker for collagen deposition in hypertension...
- Procollagen type I amino-terminal propeptide: pediatric reference data and relationship with procollagen type I carboxyl-terminal propeptidePatricia M Crofton
Department of Paediatric Biochemistry, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh, UK
Clin Chem 50:2173-6. 2004
- Quantitative analysis of serum procollagen type I C-terminal propeptide by immunoassay on microchipShouki Yatsushiro
Health Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e18807. 2011..However, the conventional assay using a 96-well microtitration plate is time- and sample-consuming, and therefore is not suitable for rapid diagnosis. To overcome these drawbacks, we performed a sandwich ELISA on a microchip...
- Procollagen type III amino terminal propeptide concentrations in dogs with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis compared with chronic bronchitis and eosinophilic bronchopneumopathyHenna P Heikkilä
Department of Equine and Small Animal Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, PO Box 57, 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Vet J 196:52-6. 2013..b>Procollagen type III amino terminal propeptide (PIIINP) is used as a marker of collagen type III synthesis...
- Procollagen I C-propeptide in the cerebrospinal fluid of neonates with posthaemorrhagic hydrocephalusA Heep
Department of Neonatology, University of Bonn, Germany
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 87:F34-6. 2002....
- The relation of amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen and severity of coronary artery disease in patients without myocardial infarction or hibernationYen Hung Lin
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital Yun Lin Branch, Yun Lin, Taiwan
Clin Biochem 39:861-6. 2006..We investigated the relationship between serum concentrations of procollagen propeptides and severity of CAD in such patients.
- Treatment with lisinopril normalizes serum concentrations of procollagen type III amino-terminal peptide in patients with essential hypertensionC Laviades
Department of Medicine, San Jorge General Hospital, Huesca, Spain
Am J Hypertens 7:52-8. 1994b>Procollagen type III amino-terminal peptide (PIIIP) is cleaved off procollagen type III during the biosynthesis of type III collagen...
- Dermal fibroblasts from different layers of human skin are heterogeneous in expression of collagenase and types I and III procollagen mRNAMohammad Ali-Bahar
Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wound Repair Regen 12:175-82. 2004..have a different capacity to express key extracellular matrix proteins such as collagenase and types I and III procollagen. To test this hypothesis, we established four different pairs of hypertrophic and site-matched normal cell ..
- Subcellular localization of procollagen I and prolyl 4-hydroxylase in corneal endothelial cellsM K Ko
Doheny Eye Institute, 1450 San Pablo Street, DVRC 203, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Exp Cell Res 264:363-71. 2001..the role of prolyl 4-hydroxylase (P4-H) and protein disulfide-isomerase (PDI; the beta subunit of P4-H) during procollagen I biosynthesis...
- The human type II procollagen gene: identification of an additional protein-coding domain and location of potential regulatory sequences in the promoter and first intronM C Ryan
Department of Biochemistry, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612
Genomics 8:41-8. 1990The complete DNA sequence (6 kb) of the 5' portion of the human type II procollagen gene (COL2A1) was determined from the promoter through the third exon including intron sequences and 690 bp of 5' flanking sequence...
- Amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen is associated with restrictive mitral filling pattern in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy: a possible link between diastolic dysfunction and prognosisA Rossi
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Chirurgiche, Sezione di Cardiologia, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Verona, Italy
Heart 90:650-4. 2004To analyse the relation between restrictive mitral pattern, amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen (PIIINP), and prognosis in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy.
- A glycosidic spinasterol from Koreana stewartia promotes procollagen production and inhibits matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression in UVB-irradiated human dermal fibroblastsTae Hoon Lee
Graduate School of Biotechnology and College of Life Science, Kyung Hee University, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 34:768-73. 2011..The effects of spinasteol-Glc on expression of procollagen and matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1) were further evaluated...
- Association between bone scintigraphy and serum levels of procollagen (I) and PSA in the detection of bone disease in prostate cancer patientsA Zissimopoulos
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University General Hospital of Alexandroupolis, Alexandroupolis, Greece
J BUON 13:69-74. 2008To evaluate the clinical usefulness of serum procollagen I carboxyterminal propeptide (PICP) and prostate specific antigen (PSA) in relation to bone scan results in Greek patients with prostate cancer (PC).
- Development of a highly sensitive, high-throughput, mass spectrometry-based assay for rat procollagen type-I N-terminal propeptide (PINP) to measure bone formation activityBomie Han
Integrative Biology, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Proteome Res 6:4218-29. 2007Type-I procollagen aminoterminal propeptide (PINP) is a useful biomarker for bone formation activity that is used to monitor treatment of bone disorders including osteoporosis...
- Single amino acid substitutions in procollagen VII affect early stages of assembly of anchoring fibrilsRaymond Brittingham
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 280:191-8. 2005b>Procollagen VII is a homotrimer of 350-kDa pro-alpha1(VII) chains, each consisting of a central collagenous domain flanked by the noncollagenous N-terminal NC1 domain and the C-terminal NC2 domain...
- Procollagen II amino propeptide processing by ADAMTS-3. Insights on dermatosparaxisR J Fernandes
Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 6500, USA
J Biol Chem 276:31502-9. 2001..Null mutations in procollagen I N-propeptidase (ADAMTS-2) cause dermatosparaxis in cattle and the Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (dermatosparactic ..
- Procollagen II gene mutation in Stickler syndromeD M Brown
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City 52242
Arch Ophthalmol 110:1589-93. 1992..were found to have a single base-pair deletion resulting in a translational frameshift in exon 40 of the procollagen II (COL2A1) gene on chromosome 12...
- How is Type I procollagen synthesis regulated at the gene level during tissue fibrosisKenneth R Cutroneo
College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405 0068, USA
J Cell Biochem 90:1-5. 2003..This article will be primarily concerned with the response of injured tissues at the gene level of Type I procollagen synthesis in response to TGF-beta...
- Stickler syndrome. A mutation in the nonhelical 3' end of type II procollagen geneN N Ahmad
Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 113:1454-7. 1995All of the mutations in the type II procollagen (COL2A1) gene that have been identified in families affected with Stickler syndrome have been located primarily in the triple helical region of the gene...
- ALCOHOL-INDUCED HEPATIC P450s IN HCV/HIV OXIDATE INJURYSTEVEN SHEDLOFSKY; Fiscal Year: 2003..of oxidative stress (urinary F2-isoprostanes, monocyte NFKB) and active fibrinogenesis (TGFbeta-1, N-terminal procollagen peptide III) will be correlated with P450 profiles...
- Comparative Resistance Exercise Effects on Knee Osteoarthritis Pain, Functional IKEVIN ROBERT VINCENT; Fiscal Year: 2013..greater changes in cartilage biomarker turnover than CRX or CON by month four (using C-propeptide of type II procollagen [CTX-II], Collagen Type II C- telopeptide [CPII])...
- Novel Collagen II Alternative Transcripts and Mouse Skeletal DevelopmentAudrey McAlinden; Fiscal Year: 2010..of our joint PI R21 grant application, we propose to investigate the role of a newly-discovered type II procollagen mRNA transcripts, termed IIC, with respect to skeletal development...
- The Role of FKBP10 in Recessive Osteogenesis ImperfectaCaressa Lietman; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, in vitro studies of human cells with FKPB10 loss show ER stress, fragmented Golgi, procollagen aggregates, and increased numbers of autophagosomes...
- Connective tissue and nervous system mechanisms of CAM therapies for low back paiHelene M Langevin; Fiscal Year: 2013..in vivo), PCT shear plane motion (in vivo), dense PCT collagen bundle spacing (ex vivo), areolar PCT Type-1 procollagen content and areolar PCT stiffness (ex vivo)...
- PKD Family Kinase Function and Signaling in Lung FibroblastsHua Tang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Interestingly, PKD inhibition markedly downregulated the protein levels of procollagen and fibronectin without significantly affecting their mRNA levels in IPF fibroblasts...
- Determinants and Cardiovascular Consequences of Diabetes in Older AdultsSusan J Zieman; Fiscal Year: 2012..3) the associations of advanced glycation end-products and profibrotic markers (transforming growth factor 2, procollagen III N-terminal peptide) with microvascular and clinical CVD...
- Muscle protein synthesis and gene expression in myostatin-deficient miceStephen L Welle; Fiscal Year: 2010..as classified by expression of myosin heavy chain isoforms or SDH activity, collagen content, and expression of procollagen genes;and, 3...
- Pediatric Heart Network North Carolina ConsortiumJennifer S Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..of myocardial scarring assessed by MRI;4) neurohormonal activation, BNP;biomarkers of collagen synthesis, procollagen I and III peptides;and 5) renin angiotensin aldosterone system polymorphisms. The trial duration is six months...
- The role of the extracellular biophysical and biomechanical milieu in CHDsLauren D Black; Fiscal Year: 2013..Decreased cardiac tropoelastin and procollagen gene expression and decreased left ventricular function in LHH compared to normal hearts suggest that ..
- Procollagen Binding Proteins in Age-Dependent LV RemodelingAMY DODD BRADSHAW; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the collagenous ECM of the myocardium is controlled by cardiac fibroblasts and is regulated at the levels of procollagen synthesis, post-synthetic procollagen processing, and collagen degradation...
- THE ROLE OF THE SECRETORY PATHWAY IN CRANIOFACIAL MORPHOGENESISEla W Knapik; Fiscal Year: 2010..Instead, procollagen accumulates in the ER indicating a severe paucity in the secretory flow...
- REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSION IN CARTILAGELinda Sandell; Fiscal Year: 2009..factors during chondrogenesis, specifically AP-2, dEF-1 and C/EBP;2) Investigate the regulation of the type II procollagen pre-mRNA switch that occurs during chondrogenesis and 3) Determine the function of the developmentally-..
- Comparative Resistance Exercise Effects on Knee Osteoarthritis Pain, Functional IKEVIN ROBERT VINCENT; Fiscal Year: 2012..Cartilage turnover will be assessed using a ratio of cartilage formation (C-propeptide of type II procollagen, [CPII]) to cartilage breakdown (Collagen Type II C- telopeptide [CTX-II])...
- Risk factors for site-specific metastasis in esophageal cancerJULIAN ABRAMS; Fiscal Year: 2012..Liver fibrosis will be estimated using an algorithm comprised of three serum markers (hyaluronic acid, procollagen III, and TIMP-1)...
- The Role of SPARC in Procollagen Processing in the Periodontal LigamentJESSICA MARIE TROMBETTA-ESILVA; Fiscal Year: 2013..has high rates of extracellular matrix turnover, as compared to other collagen rich tissues, characterized by procollagen synthesis, processing, and deposition in addition to uptake of insoluble collagen...
- Alkene Isosteres to Probe Substrate Conformation in Prolyl HydroxylasesKATRINA HELEN JENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2011..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Collagen is an abundant protein found in the connective tissues of animals. Procollagen undergoes a number of post-translational modifications which enhance stability, folding, and function...
- Gene targeting with AAV vectors for the treatment of Osteogenesis ImperfectaDavid R Deyle; Fiscal Year: 2012..that an AAV-mediated gene targeting vector can target the COL1A1 gene and disrupt dominant negative mutant procollagen production...
- Procollagen C-Proteinase Enhancers: In vivo RolesDaniel S Greenspan; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Procollagen C-proteinases (PCPs) cleave the C-propetides of procollagens Mil, to yield monomers that form the major fibrous components of ECM...
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo N Lara; Fiscal Year: 2010..We found that several baseline markers of bone formation (osteocalcin, procollagen N-terminal propeptides: PINP &PIIINP, total alkaline phosphates) and resorption (N-telopeptide, ..
- Galectin-3 in Liver FibrosisXIAOSONG JOY JIANG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Phagocytosis of apoptotic bodies from hepatocytes induces HSC activation with upregulation of procollagen alpha 1(I) and TGF-2 expression...
- EXERCISE INTOLERANCE IN ELDERLY DIASTOLIC HEART FAILUREDalane W Kitzman; Fiscal Year: 2013..and quality of life, as well as mortality, and the improvements are associated with a decrease in serum procollagen markers of myocardial fibrosis. Spironolactone is a generic, inexpensive aldosterone antagonist...
- UV-induced collagen reduction: treating skin sclerodermaSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2005..mechanisms; 1) induction of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) that degrade skin collagen, and 2) inhibit of new procollagen synthesis...
- Molecular Genetics of the Cutaneous BMZ in EBJouni Uitto; Fiscal Year: 2012..by applicant): The long-term objective of the proposed study is to determine effects of the presence of mutant procollagen VII molecules on the structure of the cutaneous basement membrane and behavior of cells and to define target ..
- COLLAGEN GENE EXPRESSION IN CHONDROCYTES IN INFLAMMATIONMARY GOLDRING; Fiscal Year: 1990..synthesis of type II collagen as well as types I and III collagens and fibronectin and levels of cellular procollagen mRNAs in chondrocytes...
- COLLAGEN GENE EXPRESSION DURING SCLERAL MATURATIONMARK ZORN; Fiscal Year: 1991..Preliminary results demonstrate that probe cDNA, which does for human procollagen type Ia(2), hybridizes with mRNA extracted from cells grown in culture from explants of normal adult tree shrew ..
- Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist FellowshipJeremy A Horst; Fiscal Year: 2010..Experiments will focus on protein pairs predicted to exist in a pathway with the NH2-propeptide of procollagen type I (N-propeptide)...
- ALTERED METHIONINE METABOLISM IN ALCOHOLIC LIVER INJURYShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2005..relevant concentrations induced the expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-4 (TIMP- 1) and a 1(I) procollagen in a hepatic stellate cell line and collagen production in primary cultures of hepatic stellate cells...
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS IN SCLERODERMA--SCL-70/TOPO IAngeline Douvas; Fiscal Year: 1990..Cultured fibroblasts will be employed to determine if agents which increase or decrease procollagen mRNA levels (serum factors and retinoids, respectively) also affect levels of endogenous Scl-70/topo I ..
- BONE MARROW TRANSPLANTATION IN OIM--A GENE THERAPY MODELDANIEL MC BRIDE; Fiscal Year: 2001..Osteogenesis imperfecta (01), caused by mutations in type 1 procollagen genes, is one example of a disease that may benefit from somatic gene therapy...
- CYR61-a novel potential mediator of photoaged human skinTaihao Quan; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have demonstrated UV irradiation reduces synthesis of type I procollagen and elevates expression of matrix-degrading metalloproteinases (MMPs), which degrade type I collagen, the most ..
- Experimental Model For Pressure Ulcers In Human Skin: The Role of Aging and ECMMarjana Tomic Canic; Fiscal Year: 2009..or presence of compressive load: 1) extra cellular matrix (ECM) properties (tenascin, fibronectin, elastin, procollagen, collagen, matrix metalloproteinases (MMP)) and its signaling (integrins, FAK and MAPK);2) mechanical ..
- PARATHYROID HORMONE REGULATION OF OSTEOBLASTIC MRNANicola Partridge; Fiscal Year: 1993..exposure of UMR cells to PTH results in a 40% decline in the rate of collagen synthesis and a 95% reduction in procollagen mRNA abundance...
- COLLAGEN BIOSYNTHESIS BY CULTURED FIBROBLASTSJouni Uitto; Fiscal Year: 1990..we propose extensive studies on the structure and metabolism of collagen and its biosynthetic precursor, procollagen, utilizing human skin fibroblast cultures...
- FAMILIAL AORTIC ANEURYSM: A MOLECULAR GENETIC ANALYSISCraig Basson; Fiscal Year: 2005..demonstrates that FAA in another kindred (ANA) is not linked to the fibrillin-1, fibrillin-2, or the type III procollagen genes...
- INTESTINAL STRICTURE FORMATION IN CROHNS DISEASEMartin Graham; Fiscal Year: 1999..Do the cytokines IL-1beta and TGF-beta regulate procollagen expression through the early response genes c-fos, c-jun and jun b, how are these regulatory activities inter- ..
- Molecular Biology of OsteoarthritisSergio Jimenez; Fiscal Year: 2006..of how different mutations in the genes encoding several cartilage specific macromolecules such as type II procollagen, type IX procollagen and cartilage oligomeric matrix protein (COMP) result in the clinical phenotypes of ..
- FAMILIAL PULMONARY FIBROSISDavid Riley; Fiscal Year: 1992..We propose that genes coding for types I and III procollagen or an HLA locus are candidate genes for the FPF locus...
- PULMONARY FIBROSIS--REGULATION OF COLLAGEN ACCUMULATIONJoan Clark; Fiscal Year: 1990..of collagen accumulation in vitro and examining the influence of culture conditions on rat lung fibroblast procollagen production, proteolytic processing of procollagen, and deposition of newly synthesized collagen into ..
- Ventricular Matrix Remodeling: Correlates and PrognosisVasan Ramachandran; Fiscal Year: 2004..The recent development of reliable serologic assays for procollagen peptides, metalloproteinases (MMP) and their tissue inhibitors (TIMP), and cytokines permits the in vivo ..
- LIPID PEROXIDATION\CELL SIGNALING-CC14-INDUCED FIBROSISDENNIS PETERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2004..potential of 4-HNE and MDA as regulatory elements in AP-1 transcriptional dysregulation involving alpha1-(1) procollagen, metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1) and tissue metalloproteinase inhibitor-1 (TIMP-1) genes in cultured Ito cells...
- COLLAGEN BIOSYNTHESIS IN HUMAN SKIN FIBROBLASTSSheldon Pinnell; Fiscal Year: 1999..Among the parameters that will be studied are type-specific collagen synthesis, procollagen mRNA stability, procollagen gene transcription and posttranslational modifying enzymes prolyl hydroxylase and ..
- BMP-1, MAMMALIAN TOLLOID AND RELATED DEVELOPMENTAL GENESDANIEL GREENSPAN; Fiscal Year: 1999..Studies include: 1) Further characterization of the gene (PCOLCE), whose protein product, the procollagen C-proteinase enhancer protein, is involved in biosynthesis of type l collagen, the major component of matrix...
- ALTERED C/EBPB REGULATION IN IPF LUNG FIBROBLASTSRoberto Cruz Gervis; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta induces gene expression of procollagen I via C/EBPbeta...
- HERITABLE DISEASES OF CONNECTIVE TISSUERONALD MINOR; Fiscal Year: 1991This is a study of structural and metabolic defects in procollagen in genetic diseases of connective tissues...
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR BIOLOGY OF CARDIAC INTERSTITIUMAllen Samarel; Fiscal Year: 1993..not fully understood, and the potential for pharmacological modulation of the "targeting" of newly synthesized procollagen polypeptides for intracellular destruction would afford another means of reducing collagen accumulation in a ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF RECOMBINANT PROCOLLAGENSDarwin Prockop; Fiscal Year: 1999..whereby we can examine assembly of type I collagen into fibrils by enzymic cleavage of partially processed procollagen in a physiological buffer and over a physiological range of temperatures...
- TYPE II COLLAGEN ISOFORMS IN CRANIOFACIAL SKELETOGENESISHYUN DUCK NAH CEDERQUIST; Fiscal Year: 2000..goal of this R29 application is to understand whether differential expression of alternatively spliced type II procollagen isoforms is necessary for the normal development of craniofacial cartilage and bone...
- REGULATION OF COLLAGEN GENE EXPRESSION IN LUNG FIBROSISE Sage; Fiscal Year: 1992..fibrotic lungs, analyses of the production of procollagen have been largely equivocal due in part to a) the heterogeneity of the cultures and b) a focus at the protein ..
- STRUCTURE & ASSEMBLY OF COLLAGEN MOLECULES & FIBRILSArthur Veis; Fiscal Year: 2004..Molecular assembly of type I collagen begins with the registration of the C-propeptides. Efficient procollagen I heterotrimer assembly appears to require that a mechanism for correct chain recognition must exist within the ..
- PROCOLLAGEN: SECRETION, ASSEMBLY AND CELL RECEPTORSBurt Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 1991The general aim of the proposal is to define the mechanisms that govern the secretion of procollagen and its conversion to fibrillar forms in the extracellular matrix...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF PROCOLLAGEN TRANSPORT AND SECRETIONDANIEL GREENSPAN; Fiscal Year: 1991This proposal examines the hypothese that type I and III procollagen molecules contain transport signals and/or binding determinants that govern: 1) the molecules' movement from rough endoplasmic reticulm (RER), to Golgi, to cell surface;..
- A Tumor Related NonTIMP Metalloproteinase InhibitorMICHAEL BANDA; Fiscal Year: 2005..was purified from brain tumor cells and identified as the C-terminus of a protein originally identified as procollagen C-terminal proteinase enhancer (PCPE). This inhibitor activity has been designated CT-PCPE...
- COLLAGEN METABOLISM IN WOUND REPAIRIrwin Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2004..analyses, indicate that mesenchymal cells in the beds of pressure ulcers contain abundant levels of procollagen transcripts suggesting that these cells are synthetically active...
- CELL SURFACE MARKER AND HOMING TARGET FOR ORAL SCCJohn Sauk; Fiscal Year: 2003..Although Hsp47 specifically binds procollagen in the ER, in malignancy the protein escapes ER retention to be expressed on the cell surface...
- CYTOKINES AS REGULATORS OF HEPATIC FIBROSISMARK CZAJA; Fiscal Year: 1991..for total collagen synthesis, steady-state mRNA levels, and transcriptional rates for types I, III, and IV procollagen mRNA...
- HUMAN PROCOLLAGEN STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONWilliam Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 1980The molecular structure of mammalian procollagen will be studied by physical and chemical methodologies...
- The Role of NOX2 in Liver FibrosisNatalie Torok; Fiscal Year: 2009..Intracellular superoxide then induces procollagen a 1(I) upregulation, thereby contributing to the fibrogenic process...
- SOMATIC CELL GENETICS OF CONNECTIVE TISSUE PROTEINSRobert Church; Fiscal Year: 1980..different cell hybrids as well as specific gene mapping of the more than twenty possible genes responsible for procollagen synthesis and processing will enable us to better understand how errors in synthesis or maturation of ..
- Mechanisms of MMP-3 Action in Acute Lung InjuryJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide an overall understanding of the mechanism(s) by which MMP-3 contributes to acute lung injury. ..
- SQUAMOUS EPITHELIAL CELL INVASION IN ORGAN CULTUREJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- TOPICAL RETINOIDS FOR DIABETIC FOOT ULCERSJames Varani; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISM AND ROLE OF MICROSOMAL ETHANOL OXIDATIONCharles Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2001..Such information is aimed at elucidating key aspects of alcohol mediated pathology in a way which may eventually affect alcohol related medical complications, their prevention and treatment. ..
- DLPC Treatment of Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic FibrosisCharles Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ANTIVIRAL & ANTIFIBROTIC LIVER THERAPY OF HCV+ DRINKERSCharles Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2005..Funds are requested for special laboratory tests, study nurses, travel to meetings, patient monitoring expenses and a core office. ..