Genomes and Genes
Summary: A biosynthetic precursor of collagen containing additional amino acid sequences at the amino-terminal and carboxyl-terminal ends of the polypeptide chains.
Publications280 found, 100 shown here
- Opposite bone remodeling effects of teriparatide and alendronate in increasing bone massMichael R McClung
Oregon Osteoporosis Center, Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR 97213, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:1762-8. 2005..We contrasted the effects of once-daily doses of 20 mug of teriparatide and 10 mg of alendronate sodium on bone mineral density (BMD) and markers of bone turnover...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-1: the type I procollagen C-proteinaseE Kessler
Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger Eye Research Institute, Tel Aviv University Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Science 271:360-2. 1996..b>Procollagen C-proteinase (PCP) cleaves the COOH-propeptides of procollagens I, II, and III to yield the major fibrous ..
- Type IIB procollagen NH(2)-propeptide induces death of tumor cells via interaction with integrins alpha(V)beta(3) and alpha(V)beta(5)Zhepeng Wang
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MI 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 285:20806-17. 2010..In an assay for invasion, PIIBNP reduced the number of cells crossing the membrane. In vivo, in a tumor model for breast cancer, PIIBNP was consistently able to reduce the size of the tumor...
- Alpha-ketoglutarate stimulates procollagen production in cultured human dermal fibroblasts, and decreases UVB-induced wrinkle formation following topical application on the dorsal skin of hairless miceEui Dong Son
AmorePacific Corporation R and D Center, 314 1 Bora dong, Giheung gu, Yongin si, Kyeonggi do 446 729, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 30:1395-9. 2007..To investigate the effects of alpha-ketoglutarate on procollagen production and wrinkle formation, we conducted experiments in cultured human dermal fibroblasts and UVB-..
- A mutation in the gene for type III procollagen (COL3A1) in a family with aortic aneurysmsS Kontusaari
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
J Clin Invest 86:1465-73. 1990..that familial aortic aneurysms, either thoracic or abdominal, are caused by mutations in the gene for type III procollagen (COL3A1) similar to mutations in the same gene that have been shown to cause rupture of aorta and other ..
- Embryonic lethality of molecular chaperone hsp47 knockout mice is associated with defects in collagen biosynthesisN Nagai
Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology CREST, Japan Science and Technology Corporation JST, and Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Cell Biol 150:1499-506. 2000Triple helix formation of procollagen after the assembly of three alpha-chains at the C-propeptide is a prerequisite for refined structures such as fibers and meshworks...
- Diurnal variation of serum and urine biomarkers in patients with radiographic knee osteoarthritisS Y Kong
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:2496-504. 2006..To evaluate diurnal variation of biomarkers in subjects with osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee...
- Effects of yearly zoledronic acid 5 mg on bone turnover markers and relation of PINP with fracture reduction in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisPierre D Delmas
INSERM Research Unit 831 and University of Lyon, Lyon, France
J Bone Miner Res 24:1544-51. 2009..telopeptides of type 1 collagen (beta-CTX), 30% for bone alkaline phosphatase (ALP), and 56% for procollagen type 1 amino-terminal propeptide (PINP)...
- Vitamin A antagonizes decreased cell growth and elevated collagen-degrading matrix metalloproteinases and stimulates collagen accumulation in naturally aged human skinJ Varani
Departments of Pathology and Dermatology, The University of Michigan, Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Invest Dermatol 114:480-6. 2000..In addition, vitamin A treatment reduces matrix metalloproteinase expression and stimulates collagen synthesis in naturally aged, sun-protected skin, as it does in photoaged skin...
- Bone resorption and osteoporotic fractures in elderly men: the dubbo osteoporosis epidemiology studyChristian Meier
Bone Research Program, ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Bone Miner Res 20:579-87. 2005..3 years, high bone resorption as assessed by S-ICTP was associated with increased risk of osteoporotic fracture, independent of BMD. Combining measurements of BMD and bone turnover may improve fracture prediction in elderly men...
- Circulating matrix metalloproteinases 1, 2, 9 and their inhibitors TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 as serum markers of liver fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C: comparison with PIIINP and hyaluronic acidVincent Leroy
Département d Hépato Gastroentérologie, CHU de Grenoble, France
Am J Gastroenterol 99:271-9. 2004..Histological examination of liver biopsy is currently required in the management of patients with chronic hepatitis C. Our aim was to evaluate the diagnostic utility of a panel of circulating markers in detecting the stage of fibrosis...
- Selenium supplementation attenuates procollagen-1 and interleukin-8 production in fat-loaded human C3A hepatoblastoma cells treated with TGFbeta1Catriona Clarke
Clinical Biochemistry, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1800:611-8. 2010..The contributions of individual liver cell types to fibrogenesis remain controversial and the influence of selenium status has not been investigated...
- Stop codon in the procollagen II gene (COL2A1) in a family with the Stickler syndrome (arthro-ophthalmopathy)N N Ahmad
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:6624-7. 1991Linkage analysis with restriction fragment length polymorphisms for the gene for type II procollagen (COL2A1) was carried out in a family with the Stickler syndrome, or arthro-ophthalmopathy, an autosomal dominant disorder that affects ..
- Transforming growth factor-beta induces secretion of activated ADAMTS-2. A procollagen III N-proteinaseWei Man Wang
Department of Biomolecular Chemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 278:19549-57. 2003The metalloproteinase ADAMTS-2 has procollagen I N-proteinase activity capable of cleaving procollagens I and II N-propeptides in vitro, whereas mutations in the ADAMTS-2 gene in dermatosparaxis and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome VIIC show this ..
- Increased collagen type I synthesis in patients with heart failure of hypertensive origin: relation to myocardial fibrosisRamón Querejeta
Division of Cardiology, Donostia University Hospital, San Sebastian, Spain
Circulation 110:1263-8. 2004..We investigated whether increased collagen type I synthesis and deposition contribute to enhancement of myocardial fibrosis and deterioration of cardiac function in patients with hypertensive heart disease (HHD)...
- Pressure overload-induced alterations in fibrillar collagen content and myocardial diastolic function: role of secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine (SPARC) in post-synthetic procollagen processingAmy D Bradshaw
Gazes Cardiac Research Institute, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, RHJ Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Circulation 119:269-80. 2009..one determinant of these pressure overload-induced changes is the extracellular processing of newly synthesized procollagen into mature collagen fibrils...
- Mutation in type II procollagen (COL2A1) that substitutes aspartate for glycine alpha 1-67 and that causes cataracts and retinal detachment: evidence for molecular heterogeneity in the Wagner syndrome and the Stickler syndrome (arthro-ophthalmopathy)J Korkko
Collagen Research Unit, University of Oulu, Finland
Am J Hum Genet 53:55-61. 1993A search for mutations in the gene for type II procollagen (COL2A1) was carried out in affected members of a family with early-onset cataracts, lattice degeneration of the retina, and retinal detachment...
- Differential expression of procollagen genes between mid- and late-gestational fetal fibroblastsRichard Carter
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, VA 23298 0015, USA
J Surg Res 156:90-4. 2009..we have shown that cutaneous wounds in mid-gestational (E15) mice heal in a scarless manner with decreased procollagen 1 and increased procollagen 3 production compared with wounds in late-gestational (E18) mice, which heal with ..
- Enhancement of procollagen biosynthesis by p180 through augmented ribosome association on the endoplasmic reticulum in response to stimulated secretionTomonori Ueno
Nippi Research Institute of Biomatrix, Toride, Ibaraki 302 0017, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:29941-50. 2010..Here, we show that p180 plays a key role in procollagen biosynthesis and secretion in diploid fibroblasts...
- Preferential expression of alternatively spliced mRNAs encoding type II procollagen with a cysteine-rich amino-propeptide in differentiating cartilage and nonchondrogenic tissues during early mouse developmentL J Ng
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University
Dev Biol 159:403-17. 1993Type II procollagen mRNAs are alternatively spliced: type IIA mRNA contains an exon encoding a cysteine-rich domain in the amino-propeptide and type IIB mRNA lacks this exon. In mouse embryos between 9.5 and 13...
- An inbred line of transgenic mice expressing an internally deleted gene for type II procollagen (COL2A1). Young mice have a variable phenotype of a chondrodysplasia and older mice have osteoarthritic changes in jointsH J Helminen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
J Clin Invest 92:582-95. 1993..Instead, the most striking feature in the 15-mo-old mice were degenerative changes of articular cartilage similar to osteoarthritis...
- Amla (Emblica officinalis Gaertn.) extract promotes procollagen production and inhibits matrix metalloproteinase-1 in human skin fibroblastsTakashi Fujii
Institute for Health Sciences, MIKI Corporation, 12 4, Naruohama 3, Nishinomiya 663 8142, Hyogo, Japan
J Ethnopharmacol 119:53-7. 2008..In this study, we investigated the effects of amla extract on human skin fibroblasts, especially for production of procollagen and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), in vitro.
- Limitation of excessive extracellular matrix turnover may contribute to survival benefit of spironolactone therapy in patients with congestive heart failure: insights from the randomized aldactone evaluation study (RALES). Rales InvestigatorsF Zannad
Centre d Investigation Clinique INSERM CHU, Laboratory of Biochemistry, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, University Henri Poincare, Nancy, France
Circulation 102:2700-6. 2000..It has been suggested that spironolactone may decrease cardiac fibrosis. We investigated the interactions between serum markers of cardiac fibrosis and the effect of spironolactone on outcome in patients with CHF...
- Serum concentrations of osteocalcin, procollagen type 1 N-terminal propeptide and beta-CrossLaps in obese subjects with varying degrees of glucose toleranceP Iglesias
Department of Endocrinology, Hospital Universitario Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 75:184-8. 2011To evaluate serum levels of osteocalcin (OC), procollagen type 1 N-terminal propeptide (P1PN) and beta-CrossLaps (beta-CTx) in obese subjects and their relationship with glucose metabolism parameters.
- Fibronectin binds and enhances the activity of bone morphogenetic protein 1Guorui Huang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25879-88. 2009..FN is shown to positively regulate BMP1 processing activity against Chordin, probiglycan, and type I procollagen in vitro...
- The let-268 locus of Caenorhabditis elegans encodes a procollagen lysyl hydroxylase that is essential for type IV collagen secretionK R Norman
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6T 1Z4, Canada
Dev Biol 227:690-705. 2000..We have identified several mutations in a procollagen processing enzyme, lysyl hydroxylase (let-268)...
- Serum concentration of amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen (PIIINP) as a prognostic marker for skin fibrosis after scar correction in burned patientsDietmar Ulrich
Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery Burn Center, University Hospital, Aachen University of Technology, Germany
Burns 28:766-71. 2002The amino-terminal propeptide of procollagen type III (PIIINP) has been proposed as a marker for fibrogenesis in patients with different fibroproliferative disorders, e.g. liver and lung fibrosis...
- Age-dependent alterations in fibrillar collagen content and myocardial diastolic function: role of SPARC in post-synthetic procollagen processingAmy D Bradshaw
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H614-22. 2010..that one determinant of age-dependent remodeling is a change in the extent to which newly synthesized procollagen is processed into mature collagen fibrils...
- Role of the netrin-like domain of procollagen C-proteinase enhancer-1 in the control of metalloproteinase activityMourad Bekhouche
From the Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Protéines, CNRS Université de Lyon UMR 5086, IFR128, 69367 Lyon, France
J Biol Chem 285:15950-9. 2010..The presence of a C-terminal NTR domain in procollagen C-proteinase enhancers (PCPEs), proteins that stimulate the activity of astacin-like tolloid proteinases, ..
- Pentoxifylline downregulates profibrogenic cytokines and procollagen I expression in rat secondary biliary fibrosisC Raetsch
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Free University of Berlin, Germany
Gut 50:241-7. 2002..The antifibrotic effect of pentoxifylline in a suitable in vivo model of chronic liver fibrogenesis remains to be tested...
- Transforming growth factor beta1 induces the expression of alpha1(I) procollagen mRNA by a hydrogen peroxide-C/EBPbeta-dependent mechanism in rat hepatic stellate cellsE R Garcia-Trevijano
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Hepatology 29:960-70. 1999..While the addition of H2O2 to HSC induced the expression of alpha1(I) procollagen mRNA, catalase, an H2O2 enzyme scavenger, abrogated TGF-beta-mediated col1a1 gene up-regulation...
- Autophagy eliminates a specific species of misfolded procollagen and plays a protective role in cell survival against ER stressYoshihito Ishida
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier and Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Autophagy 5:1217-9. 2009..Using two independent cell lines that produce misfolded collagens, we recently demonstrated that procollagen, which is misfolded and accumulated as trimers, is eliminated through the autophagy-lysosomal pathway, not ..
- Determinants of bone turnover markers in healthy premenopausal womenSilvano Adami
Rheumatology Unit, University of Verona, Ospedale di Valeggio, Valeggio, Verona, Italy
Calcif Tissue Int 82:341-7. 2008..serum BTMs (serum C-telopeptide of type I collagen [CTX], osteocalcin [OC], and N-terminal propeptide of type I procollagen [P1NP]), serum calcium, creatinine, phosphate, magnesium, and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) were measured ..
- Antifibrotic effect of silymarin in rat secondary biliary fibrosis is mediated by downregulation of procollagen alpha1(I) and TIMP-1J D Jia
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Friedrich-Alexander University, Erlangen-Nuernberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Hepatol 35:392-8. 2001..Steady-state mRNA levels for procollagen alpha1(I), tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1), and transforming growth factor (TGF) beta1 were ..
- Mutations in PPIB (cyclophilin B) delay type I procollagen chain association and result in perinatal lethal to moderate osteogenesis imperfecta phenotypesShawna M Pyott
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7470, USA
Hum Mol Genet 20:1595-609. 2011..in the rough endoplasmic reticulum (RER) and can form a complex involved in prolyl 3-hydroxylation in type I procollagen. CYPB, a prolyl cis-trans isomerase, has been thought to drive the prolyl-containing peptide bonds to the trans ..
- Haploinsufficiency for one COL3A1 allele of type III procollagen results in a phenotype similar to the vascular form of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IVU Schwarze
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Hum Genet 69:989-1001. 2001Mutations in the COL3A1 gene that encodes the chains of type III procollagen result in the vascular form of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS), EDS type IV, if they alter the sequence in the triple-helical domain...
- Correlations between biochemical markers of bone turnover and bone density responses in patients with glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis treated with teriparatide or alendronateAlan L Burshell
Ochsner Clinic Foundation, Endocrinology Department, 9S Lobby Tower, 1514 Jefferson Highway, New Orleans, LA 70121, USA
Bone 46:935-9. 2010..With both therapies, early changes in some bone turnover markers were correlated with 18-month gains in BMD in patients with GIO...
- Serum BNP, hs-C-reactive protein, procollagen to assess the risk of ventricular tachycardia in ICD recipients after myocardial infarctionHugues Blangy
Departement de Cardiologie, CHU de Nancy, Hopital de Brabois, rue du Morvan, 54511, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Europace 9:724-9. 2007..The present study investigates the relationship between cardiac fibrosis [procollagen type I aminoterminal peptide (PINP), procollagen type III aminoterminal peptide (PIIINP), TIMP1, membrane ..
- Critical differences in the serial measurement of three biochemical markers of bone turnover in the sera of pre- and postmenopausal womenJ K Scariano
Medical Laboratory Sciences, Department of Pathology, HSSB Room 220, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 5651, USA
Clin Biochem 34:639-44. 2001..biologic, day-to-day variability and critical differences in serum levels of crosslinked collagen N-telopeptides (NTx), procollagen aminoterminal extension propeptides (PINP) and bone specific alkaline phosphatase (bAP) in healthy women.
- Interaction properties of the procollagen C-proteinase enhancer protein shed light on the mechanism of stimulation of BMP-1Sylvie Ricard-Blum
Laboratoire d Ingénierie des Macromolécules, Institut de Biologie Structurale, CNRS UMR 5075, 38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France
J Biol Chem 277:33864-9. 2002b>Procollagen C-proteinase enhancer (PCPE) is an extracellular matrix glycoprotein that binds to the C-propeptide of procollagen I and can enhance the activities of procollagen C-proteinases up to 20-fold...
- Tissue stretch decreases soluble TGF-beta1 and type-1 procollagen in mouse subcutaneous connective tissue: evidence from ex vivo and in vivo modelsNicole A Bouffard
Department of Neurology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Cell Physiol 214:389-95. 2008..a day for 7 days) or no stretch; subcutaneous tissues of the back were immunohistochemically stained for Type-1 procollagen. In the ex vivo model, TGF-beta1 protein was lower in stretched versus non-stretched tissue (repeated measures ..
- Procollagen type III amino terminal propeptide concentrations in dogs with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis compared with chronic bronchitis and eosinophilic bronchopneumopathyHenna P Heikkilä
Department of Equine and Small Animal Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, PO Box 57, 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Vet J 196:52-6. 2013..b>Procollagen type III amino terminal propeptide (PIIINP) is used as a marker of collagen type III synthesis...
- Quantitative analysis of serum procollagen type I C-terminal propeptide by immunoassay on microchipShouki Yatsushiro
Health Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e18807. 2011..However, the conventional assay using a 96-well microtitration plate is time- and sample-consuming, and therefore is not suitable for rapid diagnosis. To overcome these drawbacks, we performed a sandwich ELISA on a microchip...
- Association of adiponectin with procollagen type I carboxyterminal propeptide in non-diabetic essential hypertensionWei Chuan Tsai
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital Dou Liou Branch, Dou Liou, Taiwan
Blood Press 17:233-8. 2008The serum concentration of procollagen type I carboxyterminal propeptide (PICP) is a good marker for collagen deposition in hypertension...
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV: a multi-exon deletion in one of the two COL3A1 alleles affecting structure, stability, and processing of type III procollagenA Superti-Furga
Department of Pediatrics, University of Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 263:6226-32. 1988..In procollagen molecules containing one or more shortened chains, a triple helix is formed with a length of only about 780 ..
- HSP47 as a collagen-specific molecular chaperone: function and expression in normal mouse developmentKazuhiro Nagata
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8397, Japan
Semin Cell Dev Biol 14:275-82. 2003..The importance of HSP47 in the therapeutic strategy for fibrotic diseases as well as for a marker of collagen-related autoimmune diseases will also be discussed...
- Altered procollagen mRNA expression during the progression of avian sclerodermaM J Ausserlechner
Institute for General and Experimental Pathology, Medical School, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Mol Med 3:654-62. 1997....
- Procollagen type I amino-terminal propeptide: pediatric reference data and relationship with procollagen type I carboxyl-terminal propeptidePatricia M Crofton
Department of Paediatric Biochemistry, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh, UK
Clin Chem 50:2173-6. 2004
- Procollagen I C-propeptide in the cerebrospinal fluid of neonates with posthaemorrhagic hydrocephalusA Heep
Department of Neonatology, University of Bonn, Germany
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 87:F34-6. 2002....
- The relation of amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen and severity of coronary artery disease in patients without myocardial infarction or hibernationYen Hung Lin
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital Yun Lin Branch, Yun Lin, Taiwan
Clin Biochem 39:861-6. 2006..We investigated the relationship between serum concentrations of procollagen propeptides and severity of CAD in such patients.
- Treatment with lisinopril normalizes serum concentrations of procollagen type III amino-terminal peptide in patients with essential hypertensionC Laviades
Department of Medicine, San Jorge General Hospital, Huesca, Spain
Am J Hypertens 7:52-8. 1994b>Procollagen type III amino-terminal peptide (PIIIP) is cleaved off procollagen type III during the biosynthesis of type III collagen...
- A glycosidic spinasterol from Koreana stewartia promotes procollagen production and inhibits matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression in UVB-irradiated human dermal fibroblastsTae Hoon Lee
Graduate School of Biotechnology and College of Life Science, Kyung Hee University, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 34:768-73. 2011..The effects of spinasteol-Glc on expression of procollagen and matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1) were further evaluated...
- Subcellular localization of procollagen I and prolyl 4-hydroxylase in corneal endothelial cellsM K Ko
Doheny Eye Institute, 1450 San Pablo Street, DVRC 203, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Exp Cell Res 264:363-71. 2001..the role of prolyl 4-hydroxylase (P4-H) and protein disulfide-isomerase (PDI; the beta subunit of P4-H) during procollagen I biosynthesis...
- Sedlin controls the ER export of procollagen by regulating the Sar1 cycleRossella Venditti
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, Naples, Italy
Science 337:1668-72. 2012Newly synthesized proteins exit the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) via coat protein complex II (COPII) vesicles. Procollagen (PC), however, forms prefibrils that are too large to fit into typical COPII vesicles; PC thus needs large transport ..
- Amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen is associated with restrictive mitral filling pattern in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy: a possible link between diastolic dysfunction and prognosisA Rossi
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Chirurgiche, Sezione di Cardiologia, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Verona, Italy
Heart 90:650-4. 2004To analyse the relation between restrictive mitral pattern, amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen (PIIINP), and prognosis in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Association between bone scintigraphy and serum levels of procollagen (I) and PSA in the detection of bone disease in prostate cancer patientsA Zissimopoulos
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University General Hospital of Alexandroupolis, Alexandroupolis, Greece
J BUON 13:69-74. 2008To evaluate the clinical usefulness of serum procollagen I carboxyterminal propeptide (PICP) and prostate specific antigen (PSA) in relation to bone scan results in Greek patients with prostate cancer (PC).
- The human type II procollagen gene: identification of an additional protein-coding domain and location of potential regulatory sequences in the promoter and first intronM C Ryan
Department of Biochemistry, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612
Genomics 8:41-8. 1990The complete DNA sequence (6 kb) of the 5' portion of the human type II procollagen gene (COL2A1) was determined from the promoter through the third exon including intron sequences and 690 bp of 5' flanking sequence...
- Development of a highly sensitive, high-throughput, mass spectrometry-based assay for rat procollagen type-I N-terminal propeptide (PINP) to measure bone formation activityBomie Han
Integrative Biology, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Proteome Res 6:4218-29. 2007Type-I procollagen aminoterminal propeptide (PINP) is a useful biomarker for bone formation activity that is used to monitor treatment of bone disorders including osteoporosis...
- Dermal fibroblasts from different layers of human skin are heterogeneous in expression of collagenase and types I and III procollagen mRNAMohammad Ali-Bahar
Department of Surgery, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wound Repair Regen 12:175-82. 2004..have a different capacity to express key extracellular matrix proteins such as collagenase and types I and III procollagen. To test this hypothesis, we established four different pairs of hypertrophic and site-matched normal cell ..
- The [corrected] SEC23-SEC31 [corrected] interface plays critical role for export of procollagen from the endoplasmic reticulumSun Don Kim
Section of Genetics, Department of Pediatrics, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
J Biol Chem 287:10134-44. 2012..size, and packaging of cargo molecules into COPII vesicles that we have tested but induces accumulation of procollagen in the endoplasmic reticulum when expressed in normal fibroblasts...
- Procollagen II amino propeptide processing by ADAMTS-3. Insights on dermatosparaxisR J Fernandes
Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 6500, USA
J Biol Chem 276:31502-9. 2001..Null mutations in procollagen I N-propeptidase (ADAMTS-2) cause dermatosparaxis in cattle and the Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (dermatosparactic ..
- High serum level of procollagen type III amino-terminal peptide contributes to the efficacy of spironolactone and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor therapy on left ventricular hypertrophy in essential hypertensive patientsA Sato
Department of Internal Medicine, Mito Red Cross Hospital, Ibaraki, Japan
Hypertens Res 24:99-104. 2001..possible mechanisms by which spironolactone improves cardiac hypertrophy, we investigated the change in serum procollagen type III amino-terminal peptide (PIIINP) in 11 patients with essential hypertension treated with spironolactone ..
- How is Type I procollagen synthesis regulated at the gene level during tissue fibrosisKenneth R Cutroneo
College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405 0068, USA
J Cell Biochem 90:1-5. 2003..This article will be primarily concerned with the response of injured tissues at the gene level of Type I procollagen synthesis in response to TGF-beta...
- Single amino acid substitutions in procollagen VII affect early stages of assembly of anchoring fibrilsRaymond Brittingham
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 280:191-8. 2005b>Procollagen VII is a homotrimer of 350-kDa pro-alpha1(VII) chains, each consisting of a central collagenous domain flanked by the noncollagenous N-terminal NC1 domain and the C-terminal NC2 domain...
- Stickler syndrome. A mutation in the nonhelical 3' end of type II procollagen geneN N Ahmad
Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 113:1454-7. 1995All of the mutations in the type II procollagen (COL2A1) gene that have been identified in families affected with Stickler syndrome have been located primarily in the triple helical region of the gene...
- Procollagen II gene mutation in Stickler syndromeD M Brown
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City 52242
Arch Ophthalmol 110:1589-93. 1992..were found to have a single base-pair deletion resulting in a translational frameshift in exon 40 of the procollagen II (COL2A1) gene on chromosome 12...
- Combined evaluation of resting IGF1, N-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen and C-terminal cross-linked telopeptide of type I collagen levels might be useful for detecting inappropriate GH administration in female athletesLuigi Di Luigi
Unità di Endocrinologia, Dipartimento di Scienze della Salute, Università di Roma Foro Italico, Piazza Lauro de Bosis 15, 00194 Roma, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 160:753-8. 2009..To detect exogenous recombinant human GH (rhGH) abuse in female athletes...
- A monoclonal antibody to the carboxyterminal domain of procollagen type I visualizes collagen-synthesizing fibroblasts. Detection of an altered fibroblast phenotype in lungs of patients with pulmonary fibrosisJ A McDonald
J Clin Invest 78:1237-44. 1986..Type I procollagen carboxyterminal domains are proteolytically removed during collagen secretion...
- The relation between serum level of amioterminal propeptide of type I procollagen and diastolic dysfunction in hypertensive patients without diabetes mellitus: A pilot studyY H Lin
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital Yun Lin Branch, Yun Lin, Taiwan
J Hum Hypertens 20:964-7. 2006
- The potential mechanism for glutamine-induced collagen biosynthesis in cultured human skin fibroblastsE Karna
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Medical Academy of Białystok, Kilinskiego 1, 15 230, Białystok, Poland
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 130:23-32. 2001..Glu was also the most potent stimulator of type I procollagen expression at this time...
- Changes in bone mass and bone turnover following tibial shaft fractureS W Veitch
Orthopaedic Department, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Osteoporos Int 17:364-72. 2006..The aim of this longitudinal study was to determine the pattern and distribution of bone loss and bone turnover following a tibial shaft fracture treated with either plaster cast or intramedullary nail...
- A glycine (415)-to-serine substitution results in impaired secretion and decreased thermal stability of type III procollagen in a patient with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IVD W Anderson
Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway 08854, USA
Hum Mutat 9:62-3. 1997
- Enhanced Liver Fibrosis (ELF) test accurately identifies liver fibrosis in patients with chronic hepatitis CJ Parkes
Public Health Sciences and Medical Statistics, University of Southampton, UK
J Viral Hepat 18:23-31. 2011..Issues of spectrum effect in diagnostic test evaluations are discussed. In chronic hepatitis C a simplified ELF test can detect severe liver fibrosis with good accuracy...
- Expression and accumulation of lysyl oxidase, elastin, and type I procollagen in human Menkes and mottled mouse fibroblastsS Gacheru
Department of Nutrition, College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, University of California, Davis 95616 8669
Arch Biochem Biophys 301:325-9. 1993..In contrast, the levels of procollagen Type I mRNA were similar or enhanced in Menkes and MoTo/y fibroblasts compared to their respective controls...
- Serum levels of endothelin-1 (ET-1), interleukin-2 (IL-2) and amino-terminal propeptide type III procollagen (PIII NP) in patients with acute and chronic filariasisI M el-Sharkawy
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo 11566, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 31:169-76. 2001..These three immuno-mediators play role in the pathogenesis of filariasis particularly. The chronic cases. So, these mediators can be used as markers for diagnosis of human cases infected with chronic and acute filariasis...
- Loss of procollagen IIA from the anterior mesendoderm disrupts the development of mouse embryonic forebrainAlan W L Leung
Department of Biochemistry, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Dev Dyn 239:2319-29. 2010..In this study, we show that procollagen IIA (IIA), an isoform of the cartilage extracellular matrix protein encoded by an alternatively spliced ..
- Repetitive acute pancreatic injury in the mouse induces procollagen alpha1(I) expression colocalized to pancreatic stellate cellsB A Neuschwander-Tetri
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Missouri 63110, USA
Lab Invest 80:143-50. 2000..During recovery, incomplete resolution of the fibrosis was found. Procollagen alpha1(I) mRNA increased more than 15-fold during treatment and continued to be 5-fold elevated during the post-..
- Comparison of total and intact aminoterminal propeptide of type I procollagen assays in patients with breast cancer with or without bone metastasesLauri Marin
Institute of Diagnostics, Department of Clinical Chemistry, PL 5000, FI 90014, University of Oulu, Oulu
Ann Clin Biochem 48:447-51. 2011Aminoterminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PINP) reflects bone formation. Two different antigens exist in human serum: intact PINP and a monomeric form...
- Difference between total and intact assays for N-terminal propeptide of type I procollagen reflects degradation of pN-collagen rather than denaturation of intact propeptideMarja Kaisa Koivula
Institute of Diagnostics, Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Oulu, Finland
Ann Clin Biochem 47:67-71. 2010The concentration of N-terminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PINP) in the serum reflects the rate of type I collagen formation...
- Three new point mutations in type II procollagen (COL2A1) and identification of a fourth family with the COL2A1 Arg519-->Cys base substitution using conformation sensitive gel electrophoresisC J Williams
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Hum Mol Genet 4:309-12. 1995
- Acute correction of metabolic acidosis increases serum procollagen type I carboxyterminal propeptide in patients with chronic renal failureP Chu
Division of Nephrology, Tri-Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 100:748-52. 2001..therapy in osteoblast function in patients with chronic renal failure by assessing the serum concentration of procollagen type I carboxyterminal propeptide (PICP), a marker of bone formation, before and after bicarbonate infusion...
- Systemic cross-linked N-terminal telopeptide and procollagen I C-terminal extension peptide as markers of bone turnover after total hip arthroplastyL Savarino
Laboratory for Pathophysiology of Orthopaedic Implants, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40136 Bologna, Italy
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:571-6. 2005..In a pilot study, we have analysed two serum markers of bone remodelling, procollagen I C-terminal extension peptide (PICP) and cross-linked N-terminal telopeptide (NTx), as well as the diagnostic ..
- Protein C and procollagen III peptide levels in patients with hepatic dysfunction after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationM Pihusch
Abteilung fuer Haematologie und Internistische Onkologie, Klinikum der Universitaet Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:631-7. 2005..We conducted a large trial on the clinical significance of protein C (PC) and procollagen III peptide (PNPIII) levels, which have been described as possible diagnostic markers of VOD...
- Serum levels of type IIA procollagen amino terminal propeptide (PIIANP) are decreased in patients with knee osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritisJ C Rousseau
INSERM Unit 403, Pavillon F, Hopital E Herriot, Lyon, France
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 12:440-7. 2004..In addition, we investigated circulating forms recognized by antiserum IIA in pools of serum from healthy adults, patients with OA and patients with RA...
- Independent and additional prognostic value of aminoterminal propeptide of type III procollagen circulating levels in patients with chronic heart failureMariantonietta Cicoira
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche e Chirurgiche, Sezione di Cardiologia, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Italy
J Card Fail 10:403-11. 2004..We aimed to determine whether aminoterminal-propeptide of type III procollagen (PIIINP), a marker of extracellular matrix turnover, might provide prognostic information in CHF patients.
- A point mutation in a type I procollagen gene converts glycine 748 of the alpha 1 chain to cysteine and destabilizes the triple helix in a lethal variant of osteogenesis imperfectaB E Vogel
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
J Biol Chem 262:14737-44. 1987Synthesis of type I procollagen was examined in fibroblasts from a proband with a lethal perinatal variant of osteogenesis imperfecta...
- Antisense oligonucleotides reduce synthesis of procollagen alpha1 (V) chain in human patellar tendon fibroblasts: potential application in healing ligaments and tendonsTakatoshi Shimomura
Musculoskeletal Research Center, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Connect Tissue Res 44:167-72. 2003..In this study, our objective was to find specific antisense oligonucleotide sequences for type V procollagen alpha1 chain to elucidate the feasibility of type V collagen antisense gene therapy in ligaments or tendons...
- Value of procollagen type 1 amino-terminal propeptide in patients with renal cell carcinomaM Klepzig
Department of Laboratory Medicine Internal Medicine, Hospital of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Anticancer Res 28:2443-6. 2008The aim of the study was to investigate whether the bone turnover marker procollagen type 1 amino-terminal propeptide (P1NP) could be useful for the early detection of bone metastases in patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and if ..
- Serum amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen and 7S domain of type IV collagen correlate with hepatic iron concentration in patients with chronic hepatitis C following alpha-interferon therapyI Shimizu
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tokushima University School of Medicine, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:196-201. 2001..Therefore, changes in the serum amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen (P-III-P) and the 7S domain of type IV collagen (7S-IV) in 16 patients treated with alpha-interferon (IFN-alpha)..
- Plasma inflammatory mediators associated with bone metabolism in COPDJessica M Bon
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
COPD 7:186-91. 2010..C-telopeptide type I collagen (CTx), a marker of bone resorption, was measured with ELISA, and N-terminal procollagen propeptide (P1NP), a marker of bone formation, was ascertained with a radioimmunoassay...
- Discovery and development of the N-terminal procollagen type II (NPII) biomarker: a tool for measuring collagen type II synthesisO V Nemirovskiy
Pfizer Global Research and Development, St Louis, MO 63017, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:1494-500. 2008..The ability to quantify the procollagen peptides in biological fluids would enable a better understanding of OA disease pathology and provide means for ..
- Factor Xa stimulates fibroblast procollagen production, proliferation, and calcium signaling via PAR1 activationOlivier P Blanc-Brude
Royal Free and University College London Medical School, Centre for Cardiopulmonary Biochemistry and Respiratory Medicine, 5 University Street, London WC1E 6JJ, UK
Exp Cell Res 304:16-27. 2005Fibroblast proliferation and procollagen production are central features of tissue repair and fibrosis...
- The value of amino-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen in routine screening for methotrexate-induced liver fibrosis: a 10-year follow-upH Zachariae
Department of Dermatology, Marselisborg Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Br J Dermatol 144:100-3. 2001..Methotrexate (MTX) -induced liver damage is an important complication in patients treated with this drug for skin disease. Reliable non-invasive monitoring tests would have considerable importance...
- N-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen as a biomarker of anabolic response to recombinant human GH and testosteroneShalender Bhasin
Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Nutrition, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4224-33. 2009..During collagen synthesis in soft lean tissue, N-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen (P3NP) is released into circulation...
- Expression of Sox9 and type IIA procollagen during attempted repair of articular cartilage damage in a transgenic mouse model of osteoarthritisH Salminen
University of Turku, Finland
Arthritis Rheum 44:947-55. 2001..Local proliferation and activation of chondrocytes rich in Sox9, surrounded by type IIA procollagen and proteoglycans, was seen in articular cartilage...
- Development and clinical application in arthritis of a new immunoassay for serum type IIA procollagen NH2 propeptideJean Charles Rousseau
INSERM Unit 403, Hopital E Herriot, Lyon, France
Methods Mol Med 101:25-37. 2004Type II collagen, the most abundant protein of cartilage matrix, is synthesized as a procollagen molecule including the N-(PIINP) and C-(PIICP) propeptides at each end...
- Sequencing of cDNA from 50 unrelated patients reveals that mutations in the triple-helical domain of type III procollagen are an infrequent cause of aortic aneurysmsG Tromp
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107
J Clin Invest 91:2539-45. 1993Detailed DNA sequencing of the triple-helical domain of type III procollagen was carried out on cDNA prepared from 54 patients with aortic aneurysms...
- Substrate-specific modulation of a multisubstrate proteinase. C-terminal processing of fibrillar procollagens is the only BMP-1-dependent activity to be enhanced by PCPE-1Catherine Moali
IFR 128 Biosciences Lyon Gerland, Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Proteines, CNRS UCBL1 UMR 5086, 69367 Lyon Cedex 7, France
J Biol Chem 280:24188-94. 2005Members of the bone morphogenetic protein-1/tolloid (BMP-1/Tld) family of metalloproteinases, also known as procollagen C-proteinases (PCPs), control multiple biological events (including matrix assembly, cross-linking, cell adhesion/..
- Effects of previous antiresorptive therapy on the bone mineral density response to two years of teriparatide treatment in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisSteven Boonen
Leuven University Center for Metabolic Bone Diseases and Division of Geriatric Medicine, Universitaire Ziekenhuizen, K U Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:852-60. 2008..The present secondary analysis examined the effects of 2 yr of open-label teriparatide in women previously treated with antiresorptive drugs for at least 1 yr...
- Effects of teriparatide, alendronate, or both on bone turnover in osteoporotic menJoel S Finkelstein
Endocrine Unit, Bulfinch 327, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2882-7. 2006..We have previously demonstrated that alendronate reduces the ability of teriparatide to increase bone mineral density (BMD) in osteoporotic men. The underlying basis for this observation is poorly understood...
- Development of an algorithm for using PINP to monitor treatment of patients with teriparatideRichard Eastell
University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 22:61-6. 2006Teriparatide effects are mediated via the preferential stimulation of osteoblastic activity over osteoclastic activity. Amino-terminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PINP) is an indicator of osteoblastic activity.
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF OSTEOGENESIS IMPERFECTAPeter Byers; Fiscal Year: 1999..The yeast two-hybrid system will be used to identify novel proteins that interact with portions of the type I procollagen molecule, and those genes isolated and characterized...
- ALCOHOL-INDUCED HEPATIC P450s IN HCV/HIV OXIDATE INJURYSTEVEN SHEDLOFSKY; Fiscal Year: 2003..of oxidative stress (urinary F2-isoprostanes, monocyte NFKB) and active fibrinogenesis (TGFbeta-1, N-terminal procollagen peptide III) will be correlated with P450 profiles...
- Procollagen C-Proteinase Enhancers: In vivo RolesDANIEL GREENSPAN; Fiscal Year: 2009The parent grant (Procollagen C-proteinase Enhancers: In vivo Roles, R01 AR53815) for this Revision Application involves in depth characterization of PCOLCE1-null, PCOLCE2-null, and PCOLCE1/PCOLCE2 doubly null knockout mice to study in ..
- UV-induced collagen reduction: treating skin sclerodermaSewon Kang; Fiscal Year: 2005..mechanisms; 1) induction of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) that degrade skin collagen, and 2) inhibit of new procollagen synthesis...
- DNA CAPILLARY ELECTROPHORESIS PROTOCOLS AND PROCESSESMichael Morris; Fiscal Year: 2002..concentrations induced the expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP- 1) and alpha1 (I) procollagen in a hepatic stellate cell line and collagen production in primary cultures of hepatic stellate cells...
- EFFECT OF DENERVATION ON THE FUNCTION OF THE AIRWAYSJ PEREZ FONTAN; Fiscal Year: 2000..The first aim will be to define the effects of denervation on the transciptional regulation of type I procollagen in rats...
- ALTERED METHIONINE METABOLISM IN ALCOHOLIC LIVER INJURYShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2005..relevant concentrations induced the expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-4 (TIMP- 1) and a 1(I) procollagen in a hepatic stellate cell line and collagen production in primary cultures of hepatic stellate cells...
- Determinants and Cardiovascular Consequences of Diabetes in Older AdultsKenneth Mukamal; Fiscal Year: 2009..3) the associations of advanced glycation end-products and profibrotic markers (transforming growth factor 2, procollagen III N-terminal peptide) with microvascular and clinical CVD...
- Determinants and Cardiovascular Consequences of Diabetes in Older AdultsSusan J Zieman; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) the associations of advanced glycation end-products and profibrotic markers (transforming growth factor 2, procollagen III N-terminal peptide) with microvascular and clinical CVD...
- CYR61-a novel potential mediator of photoaged human skinTaihao Quan; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have demonstrated UV irradiation reduces synthesis of type I procollagen and elevates expression of matrix-degrading metalloproteinases (MMPs), which degrade type I collagen, the most ..
- CYR61-a novel potential mediator of photoaged human skinTaihao Quan; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have demonstrated UV irradiation reduces synthesis of type I procollagen and elevates expression of matrix-degrading metalloproteinases (MMPs), which degrade type I collagen, the most ..
- INTERLEUKIN 6 ROLE IN ALCOHOLIC LIVER CIRRHOSISMarcos Rojkind; Fiscal Year: 1999..have obtained evidence to suggest that IL-6 is a fibrogenic cytokine that induces the expression of alpha1(I) procollagen mRNA. In addition, TNF-alpha is a cytokine that mediates cell injury...
- Pediatric Heart Network North Carolina ConsortiumPage Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..of myocardial scarring assessed by MRI; 4) neurohormonal activation, BNP; biomarkers of collagen synthesis, procollagen I and III peptides; and 5) renin angiotensin aldosterone system polymorphisms. The trial duration is six months...
- COLLAGEN BIOSYNTHESIS BY CULTURED FIBROBLASTSJouni Uitto; Fiscal Year: 1993..we propose extensive studies on the structure and metabolism of collagen and its biosynthetic precursor, procollagen, utilizing human skin fibroblast cultures...
- MECHANISM OF RETROCORNEAL FIBROUS MEMBRANEEUNDUCK KAY; Fiscal Year: 1999..the major modulated phenotype, has now been partially characterized as post-translational regulation: type I procollagen is synthesized in corneal endothelial cells; however, the molecule is not secreted into the extracellular ..
- FAMILIAL AORTIC ANEURYSM: A MOLECULAR GENETIC ANALYSISCraig Basson; Fiscal Year: 2005..demonstrates that FAA in another kindred (ANA) is not linked to the fibrillin-1, fibrillin-2, or the type III procollagen genes...
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo N Lara; Fiscal Year: 2010..We found that several baseline markers of bone formation (osteocalcin, procollagen N-terminal propeptides: PINP &PIIINP, total alkaline phosphates) and resorption (N-telopeptide, ..
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo Lara; Fiscal Year: 2009..We found that several baseline markers of bone formation (osteocalcin, procollagen N-terminal propeptides: PINP & PIIINP, total alkaline phosphates) and resorption (N-telopeptide, ..