- [Characterization of peptide and amino acid profile in casein hydrolysates]
Harriman Aley Morais
Laboratório de Bromatologia Faculdade de Farmácia da UFMG, Av Olegário Maciel Belo Horizonte MG Brasil
Arch Latinoam Nutr 52:77-83. 2002
The nutritional quality of protein hydrolysates has been related in several reports to their di- and tripeptide contents...
- Tolerance to a rice hydrolysate formula in children allergic to cow's milk and soy
Department of Pediatrics, The Melloni Hospital, Milan, Italy
Clin Exp Allergy 33:1576-80. 2003
..CONCLUSIONS: Children allergic to cow's milk and soy tolerate an HRF clinically. This suggests that rice hydrolysate may be used as a protein source for children with multiple food-induced reactions...
- Branched-chain amino acid-containing dipeptides, identified from whey protein hydrolysates, stimulate glucose uptake rate in L6 myotubes and isolated skeletal muscles
Food and Health R and D Laboratories, Meiji Seika Kaisha Ltd, 5 3 1 Chiyoda, Sakado, Saitama 350 0289, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 55:81-6. 2009
..The aim of this study was to identify bioactive peptides in whey protein hydrolysates (WPH) which stimulated glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis rate in skeletal muscles...
- Extraction and characterization of chitin, chitosan, and protein hydrolysates prepared from shrimp waste by treatment with crude protease from Bacillus cereus SV1
Laboratoire de Genie Enzymatique et de Microbiologie, Ecole Nationale d Ingenieurs de Sfax, BP lt lt W gt gt 3038 Sfax, Tunisia
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 162:345-57. 2010
..Furthermore, the antioxidant potential of the protein hydrolysates obtained during enzymatic isolation of chitin was evaluated using various in vitro assays...
- Antioxidant and angiotensin converting enzyme-inhibitory properties of a flaxseed protein-derived high Fischer ratio peptide mixture
Chibuike C Udenigwe
Department of Human Nutritional Sciences, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2, Canada
J Agric Food Chem 58:4762-8. 2010
..b>Protein hydrolysates with Fischer ratio higher than 20 and phenylalanine + tyrosine content lower than 2% have been used to ..
- Protein hydrolysates induce CCK release from enteroendocrine cells and act as partial agonists of the CCK1 receptor
Unilever Food and Health Research Institute, Olivier van Noortlaan 120, 3130AC Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
J Agric Food Chem 56:837-43. 2008
..We set up an in vitro assay system to investigate if different protein hydrolysates exhibit varying CCK-releasing properties...
- Intracerebroventricular administration of soy protein hydrolysates reduces body weight without affecting food intake in rats
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 228 Edward Madigan Laboratory, 1201 West Gregory Drive, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Plant Foods Hum Nutr 63:41-6. 2008
Some studies suggest that increased consumption of soy protein hydrolysates may cause body weight loss but the mechanism of action is unknown. The objective of this investigation was to determine whether intracerebroventricular (i.c.v...
- Antioxidant activity of some protein hydrolysates and their fractions with different isoelectric points
Eun Young Park
Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Kyoto Prefectural University, 1 5 Shimogamo Kyoto 606 8522, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 56:9246-51. 2008
..Peptides in these plant protein hydrolysates were fractionated on the basis of the amphoteric nature of sample peptides by preparative isoelectric ..
- Radical scavenging and reducing ability of tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) protein hydrolysates
Laboratory of Aquatic Food Biomolecular Research, Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
J Agric Food Chem 56:10359-67. 2008
Enzymatically hydrolyzed fish protein hydrolysates could be used as a source of antioxidative nutraceuticals...
- Protective effect of whey protein hydrolysates against hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative stress on PC12 cells
Qiu xiang Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, School of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, 1800 Lihu Avenue, Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
Biotechnol Lett 34:2001-6. 2012
The protective effect of whey protein hydrolysates (WPHs) against H(2)O(2)-induced oxidative damage on rat pheochromocytoma line 12 (PC12) cells was studied...
- New protein hydrolysates from collagen wastes used as peptone for bacterial growth
Institute of Microbiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Academie G Bonchev Strasse, Building 26, 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
Curr Microbiol 54:54-7. 2007
..procedure was developed for the effective processing of native calf skin and blood wastes to produce protein hydrolysates. The method includes extraction of high-molecular-weight protein from the raw material, followed by ..
- Antioxidative efficacy of alkali-treated tilapia protein hydrolysates: a comparative study of five enzymes
Laboratory of Aquatic Food Biomolecular Research, Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611, USA
J Agric Food Chem 56:1434-41. 2008
The antioxidant activities of alkali-treated tilapia protein hydrolysates were determined by their ability to inhibit the formation of lipid hydroperoxides (PV) and thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (TBARS) in a washed muscle model ..
- Isolation and characterization of antioxidative peptides from gelatin hydrolysate of Alaska pollack skin
S K Kim
Department of Chemistry, Pukyong National University, Pusan 608 737, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 49:1984-9. 2001
..These results indicate that the purified peptide, P2, from gelatin hydrolysate of Alaska pollack skin is a natural antioxidant which has potent antioxidative activity...
- Feeding silk protein hydrolysates to C57BL/KsJ-db/db mice improves blood glucose and lipid profiles
Eun Young Jung
Department of Food and Nutrition and Institute of Health Science, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Nutr Res 30:783-90. 2010
..8 ± 2.5 AU). The results suggest that silk protein hydrolysate E5K6 has insulin-releasing activity through the induction of β-cell activity in the pancreatic islets...
- Contribution of sulfur-containing compounds to the colour-inhibiting effect and improved antioxidant activity of Maillard reaction products of soybean protein hydrolysates
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, School of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi 214122, Jiangsu, China
J Sci Food Agric 91:710-20. 2011
..The correlation between volatile compounds and antioxidant activity of the corresponding products was also studied...
- Antioxidant activity of peptides obtained from porcine myofibrillar proteins by protease treatment
Graduate School of Biosphere Science, Hiroshima University, Higashi Hiroshima, 739 8528, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 51:3661-7. 2003
..The DAQEKLE peptide showed the highest activity among these peptides...
- Ultra-performance liquid chromatographic analysis of amino acids in protein hydrolysates using an automated pre-column derivatisation method
DSM Food Specialties, R and D Analysis Department, P O Box 1, 2600 MA Delft, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 1189:406-9. 2008
..Combination of the AccQ.Tag(ultra) UPLC method and automated derivatisation resulted in improved throughput compared to the Pico.Tag HPLC method...
- Allergenicity of a hydrolyzed rice infant formula in a guinea pig model
Giorgio L Piacentini
Clinica Pediatrica, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 91:61-4. 2003
..Because sensitization to cow's milk is a common finding in children, the identification of safe alternative protein sources is important in the management of childhood allergy...
- [Antihypertensive effect and safety evaluation of vegetable drink with peptides derived from sardine protein hydrolysates on mild hypertensive, high-normal and normal blood pressure subjects]
Center for Health and Sports Science, Kyushu Sangyo University, 2 3 1 Matsuka dai, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 813 8503, Japan
Fukuoka Igaku Zasshi 93:208-18. 2002
..was conducted on 63 subjects to determine the antihypertensive effect of a vegetable drink in which sardine protein hydrolysates containing a dipeptide, Valyl-Tyrosine (VY), were incorporated...
- Nutritional value of a rice-hydrolysate formula in infants with cows' milk protein allergy: a randomized pilot study
Department of Paediatrics, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Int Med Res 31:215-22. 2003
..In conclusion, rice-hydrolysate formula may be a nutritionally suitable alternative for infants with cows' milk protein allergy. Larger studies, with satisfactory power, should be undertaken to confirm these findings...
- Extracellular prolyl endoprotease from Aspergillus niger and its use in the debittering of protein hydrolysates
DSM Food Specialties, Post Office Box 1, 2600 MA Delft, The Netherlands
J Agric Food Chem 53:7950-7. 2005
..Reversed phase HPLC analysis revealed that this debittering effect is accompanied by a significant reduction of the number of hydrophobic peptides present...
- Growth of infants with IgE-mediated cow's milk allergy fed different formulas in the complementary feeding period
Department of Pediatrics, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 18:599-606. 2007
..The use of casein- and rice-based hydrolyzed formulas resulted in higher changes in WA compared with soy formula. Further research should be aimed at optimizing the dietary needs and feeding regimens for infants with CMA...
- Higher urinary excretion of essential amino acids in preterm infants fed protein hydrolysates
Division of Neonatology, Department of Paediatrics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Acta Paediatr 94:75-84. 2005
b>Protein hydrolysates have been introduced in preterm formulae, but it is not clear whether they are needed for the feeding of preterm infants...
- A review of meat protein hydrolysates and hypertension
Abdulatef Mrghni Ahhmed
Department of Biochemistry and Applied Biosciences, University of Miyazaki, Miyazaki, Japan
Meat Sci 86:110-8. 2010
..This also demonstrates that meat proteins might lead to better nutraceutical therapy that minimizes health problems, and might aid in finding the most effective approaches for meeting the needs of all hypertension patients...
- Hypoallergenicity of an extensively hydrolyzed whey formula
P G Giampietro
Department of Paediatrics, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 12:83-6. 2001
..Introduction of new products to these children should be carried out under a doctor's supervision. However, the majority of the SPT-positive children did tolerate the two extensively hydrolyzed whey-based formulas tested...
- Use of plant protein hydrolysates for varicella virus production in serum-free medium
Bok Hwan Chun
College of Life and Environmental Sciences, Korea University, 136 713, Sungbuk Gu, Anam Dong 5 1, Seoul, Korea
Biotechnol Lett 27:243-8. 2005
- Post-exercise carbohydrate plus whey protein hydrolysates supplementation increases skeletal muscle glycogen level in rats
Food and Health R and D Laboratories, Meiji Seika Kaisha Ltd, 5 3 1 Chiyoda, Sakado, Saitama, 350 0289, Japan
Amino Acids 38:1109-15. 2010
..was killed, whereas the other groups were given either glucose or glucose plus protein (whey protein, whey protein hydrolysates (WPH), casein hydrolysates or branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) solutions...
- Immunomodulating capacity of commercial fish protein hydrolysate for diet supplementation
Département de Chimie et Biochimie, Universite de Moncton, Moncton NB, Canada E1A 3E9
Immunobiology 211:341-50. 2006
..We conclude that FPC is an immunomodulating food with a demonstrated capacity to enhance non-specific host defense mechanisms...
- Enzymatic debittering of food protein hydrolysates
R J Fitzgerald
Life Sciences Department, University of Limerick, Ireland
Biotechnol Adv 24:234-7. 2006
b>Protein hydrolysates have a range of applications in the food and allied healthcare sectors. Bitterness is a negative attribute associated with most food protein hydrolysates...
- Fermentation conditions affecting the bacterial growth and exopolysaccharide production by Streptococcus thermophilus ST 111 in milk-based medium
Department of Applied Biological Sciences, Research Group of Industrial Microbiology, Fermentation Technology and Downstream Processing, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussels, Belgium
J Appl Microbiol 97:1257-73. 2004
- Identification of phosphoserine and phosphothreonine as cysteic acid and beta-methylcysteic acid residues in peptides by tandem mass spectrometric sequencing
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biophysics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Anal Chem 74:5701-10. 2002
..Both cysteic acid and beta-methylcysteic acid residues in the sequence were shown to be stable and easily identifiable under general conditions for tandem mass spectrometric sequencing applicable to common peptides...
- Lower calcium absorption in infants fed casein hydrolysate- and soy protein-based infant formulas containing palm olein versus formulas without palm olein
Karin M Ostrom
Research and Development and Scientific Affairs, Ross Products Division, Abbott Laboratories, Columbus, Ohio 43215, USA
J Am Coll Nutr 21:564-9. 2002
..In both SPF and CHF virtually all calcium is added as calcium salts...
- Pepsin-induced changes in the size and molecular weight distribution of bovine casein during enzymatic hydrolysis
Enzyme Engineering and Technology Research Center, School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China
J Dairy Sci 90:5004-11. 2007
..It was concluded that the increase in hydrophobic attraction and the reduction in intermicellar repulsion might promote the growth in aggregate size of bovine casein during the limited hydrolysis...
- The effect of salt concentration and pH on the heat resistance of Escherichia coli in tryptic soy broth
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Laboratory of Biology and Health, Team of Microbiology Applied, Ibn Tofail University, Box 133, 14000 Kenitra, Morocco
Acta Microbiol Immunol Hung 54:399-412. 2007
..Heat resistance of strain EC2 was, however, enhanced only after thermal adaptation. For both strains no relationship was found between salt adaptation and the ability to resist thermal stress...
- Hypoallergenicity: a principle for the treatment of food allergy
Department of Pediatric Pneumology and Immunology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, University Children s Hospital, Augustenburgerplatz 1, DE 13353 Berlin, Germany
Nestle Nutr Workshop Ser Pediatr Program 59:37-43; discussion 43-7. 2007
..In peanut-sensitized mice, the use of these modified proteins co-administered with adjuvant such as heat-killed Escherichia coli showed promising results for future therapeutic approaches...
- Design of new immobilized-stabilized carboxypeptidase a derivative for production of aromatic free hydrolysates of proteins
P W Tardioli
Departamento de Engenharia Quimica, Universidade Federal de Sao Carlos, Rodovia Washington Luiz, km 235, 13565 905, Sao Carlos, SP, Brazil
Biotechnol Prog 19:565-74. 2003
..This new CPA derivative greatly increased the feasibility of using this protease in the production of protein hydrolysates that must be free of aromatic amino acids.
- Infusions of casein hydrolyzates into the mammary gland disrupt tight junction integrity and induce involution in cows
Agricultural Research Organization, The Volcani Center, Institute of Animal Science, P O Box 6, Bet Dagan, 50250 Israel
J Dairy Sci 86:1250-8. 2003
..The process induced by casein hydrolyzate was more rapid and synchronized than the involution induced at drying-off...
- Solution- and crystal-phase covalent modification of lysozyme by a purpose-designed organoruthenium complex. A MALDI-TOF MS study of its metal binding sites
Ecole Nationale Superieure de Chimie de Paris, Laboratoire de Chimie Organometallique, UMR CNRS 7576, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Chembiochem 5:99-109. 2004
..In the tetragonal crystal state, no binding of the ruthenium complex was shown to occur at lysine 116, owing to steric hindrance at this particular position...
- Extensively and partially hydrolysed preterm formulas in the prevention of allergic diseases in preterm infants: a randomized, double-blind trial
Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Acta Paediatr 93:1159-65. 2004
..A randomized, double-blind study was conducted to evaluate whether use of protein hydrolysate-based preterm formulas in infants with an atopic predisposition helps prevent the development of allergic diseases...
- Contributions of commercial sorbents to the selectivity in immobilized metal affinity chromatography with Cu(II)
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, 1393 Brown Building, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Chromatogr A 1031:87-92. 2004
..Agarose-based columns showed relatively high selectivity and specificity...
- Selective separation of cationic peptides from a tryptic hydrolysate of beta-lactoglobulin by electrofiltration
Jean François Lapointe
Centre de recherche STELA, Pavillon Paul Comtois, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada, G1K 7P4
Biotechnol Bioeng 94:223-33. 2006
..Consequently, its relative concentration was raised from 3.5% in the initial tryptic beta-LG hydrolysate up to 38% in the permeate. The electric field seemed more effective when the convective/shearing forces were minimized...
- Hypoallergenic formula prescribing practices in Australia
Department of Allergy, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, The Children s Hospital, Westmead, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 42:191-5. 2006
..To gain insight into the use of hypoallergenic formula in Australia by analysis of prescribing statistics...
- Amino acid composition of soybean protein increased postprandial carbohydrate oxidation in diabetic mice
Department of Food and Nutrition, School of Life Studies, Sugiyama Jogakuen University, Nagoya, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:2505-11. 2003
- Gastric emptying, gastric secretion and enterogastrone response after administration of milk proteins or their peptide hydrolysates in humans
Jose A L Calbet
Copenhagen Muscle Research Center, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Nutr 43:127-39. 2004
..The influence of protein fractionation on gastric emptying and rate of appearance of their constituent amino acids in peripheral blood remains unknown...
- Characterizing degradation products of peptides containing N-terminal Cys residues by (off-line high-performance liquid chromatography)/matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization quadrupole time-of-flight measurements
Oleg V Krokhin
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, R3T 2N2, Canada
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 17:2528-34. 2003
..Taking this modification into account while sequencing is likely to increase the probability of protein identification by peptide mass fingerprinting, especially for cysteine-rich proteins...
- Production of hydrolysate with antioxidative activity by enzymatic hydrolysis of extruded corn gluten
Xi qun Zheng
College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100083, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 73:763-70. 2006
..A new peptide with antioxidative activity was purified, and its amino acid sequence was Phe-Pro-Leu-Glu-Met-Met-Pro-Phe, which was identified by Q-TOF2 mass spectrometry...
- Yak milk casein as a functional ingredient: preparation and identification of angiotensin-I-converting enzyme inhibitory peptides
College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100083, China
J Dairy Res 74:18-25. 2007
..The results indicated that yak milk casein could be a resource to generate antihypertensive peptides and be used as multifunctional active ingredients for many value-added functional foods as well as a traditional food protein...
- The effect of different milk formulas on dental plaque pH
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Int J Paediatr Dent 16:192-8. 2006
- Z-score of weight for age of infants with atopic dermatitis and cow's milk allergy fed with a rice-hydrolysate formula during the first two years of life
Ospedale Infantile Regina Margherita, Department of Paediatrics, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Acta Paediatr Suppl 94:115-9. 2005
..Recently, rice-based formulas have been widely used in hypoallergenic diets, but data on nutritional values are scarce...
- Allergenicity of a whey hypoallergenic formula in genetically at risk babies: four case reports
Department of Pediatrics, Allergy and Clinical Immunology Division, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 9:179-82. 2005
..Hydrolysate formulas (HF) have been developed with the goal of reducing the allergenicity of cow's milk (CM) proteins, thus providing a suitable formula for feeding babies with CM allergy (CMA)...
- Improved in-gel approaches to generate peptide maps of integral membrane proteins with matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry
Bart A van Montfort
Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute and Department of Biochemistry, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
J Mass Spectrom 37:322-30. 2002
..The protocols were applied to two other integral membrane proteins, which confirmed the general applicability of CNBr cleavage and the observed effects of OBG in peptide recovery after tryptic digestion...
- FTIR spectra of whey and casein hydrolysates in relation to their functional properties
Cornelly van der Ven
Numico Research, P O Box 7005, 6700 CA Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Agric Food Chem 50:6943-50. 2002
..FTIR spectra in combination with multivariate data analysis proved to be valuable in protein hydrolysate fingerprinting and can be used as an alternative for laborious functionality measurements...
- [Dietetic treatment in infants with food allergy]
Zaklad Zywienia, Instytut Matki i Dziecka, ul Kasprzaka 17a, Warszawa, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 6:111-24. 2002
..Feeding schedule for infants with food allergy is also included...
- Incorporation of [(15)N] ammonia by the cellulolytic ruminal bacteria Fibrobacter succinogenes BL2, Ruminococcus albus SY3, and Ruminococcus flavefaciens 17
Rowett Research Institute, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:2819-22. 2001
..Phenylalanine was essential for F. succinogenes, and its (15)N enrichment declined more than that of other amino acids in all species when amino acids were added to the medium...
- Sequence of bovine liver glutamate dehydrogenase. 8. Peptides produced by specific chemical cleavages; the complete sequence of the protein
J Biol Chem 248:3082-8. 1973
- Screening for nutritive peptides that modify cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase expression
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Ernst Grube Str 40, D 06120 Halle Saale, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 56:4987-94. 2008
..However, two of them activated MAP-kinase signaling similar to the hydrolysates, which suggests, that these peptides are involved in cyp7a regulation by the casein hydrolysates...
- Amino acd sequence of chicken liver glutamate dehydrogenase
J Biol Chem 248:3093-107. 1973
- Comparison of the endogenous ileal and faecal amino acid excretion in the dog (Canis familiaris) and the rat (Rattus rattus) determined under protein-free feeding and peptide alimentation
W H Hendriks
Institute of Food Nutrition and Human Health, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 86:333-41. 2002
..Endogenous ileal amino acid excretions are higher in dogs compared to omnivorous animals such as rats and pigs but similar to the carnivorous cat...
- Histone 3. I. Isolation and sequences of the tryptic peptides from the maleylated calf thymus protein
R J DeLange
J Biol Chem 248:3248-54. 1973
- Surface modification of polymer microfluidic devices using in-channel atom transfer radical polymerization
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
Electrophoresis 29:2760-7. 2008
..0x10(4) plates for a 3.5 cm separation microchannel. Compared with microdevices modified using a previously reported ATRP technique, these in-channel modified microdevices demonstrated better long-term stability...
- Calculation of the isoelectric point of tryptic peptides in the pH 3.5-4.5 range based on adjacent amino acid effects
Benjamin J Cargile
Mass Spectrometry Research Program, Research Triangle Institute, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Electrophoresis 29:2768-78. 2008
- Histone 3. 3. Sequence studies on the cyanogen bromide peptides; complete amino acid sequence of calf thymus histone 3
R J DeLange
J Biol Chem 248:3261-74. 1973
- A case of fetal midgut volvulus and jejunal atresia: nutritional support and maintenance of mucosal function and integrity
Maria Elisabetta Baldassarre
Department of Gynecology, UO of Neonatology and NICU, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 30:601-8. 2008
..Early EN should be encouraged in newborn abdominal surgical patients because it is associated with reduced complications...
- The amino acid sequence of the A protein (alpha subunit) of the tryptophan synthetase of Escherichia coli
J R Guest
J Biol Chem 242:5442-6. 1967
- Cytochrome c2 of Rhodospirillum rubrum. II. Complete amino acid sequence and phylogenetic relationships
J Biol Chem 243:5507-18. 1968
- Preventive effect of hydrolyzed infant formulas persists until age 6 years: long-term results from the German Infant Nutritional Intervention Study (GINI)
Andrea von Berg
Department of Pediatrics, Marien Hospital Wesel, Wesel, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:1442-7. 2008
..The long-term effect of nutritional intervention with hydrolyzed infant formulas on allergy development has not been sufficiently evaluated...
- The acquisition of tolerance toward cow's milk through probiotic supplementation: a randomized, controlled trial
Department of Pediatric Respiratory Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Centre Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:1448-54. 2008
..Interventions have been proposed to accelerate tolerance and reduce morbidity. Probiotic supplementation could be effective through modulation of the immune system...
- Dietary protein peptic hydrolysates stimulate cholecystokinin release via direct sensing by rat intestinal mucosal cells
Northern Advancement Center for Science and Technology, Colabo-Hokkaido, Sapporo 001-0021, Japan
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 226:1031-6. 2001
..All protein hydrolysates significantly stimulated CCK release from dispersed rat intestinal mucosal cells...
- Effect of milk base and starter culture on acidification, texture, and probiotic cell counts in fermented milk processing
Unité Mixte de Recherche de Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, Institut National Agronomique de Paris Grignon Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Thiverval Gignon, France
J Dairy Sci 85:2479-88. 2002
..acidophilus LA5 and 10(7) cfu/ml for L. rhamnosus LR35. However, an optimization of the level of casein hydrolysate added to milk base has to be done, in order to improve texture and flavor when using this dairy ingredient...
- Dinitrophenol derivatization of proteolytic products and its application in the assay of protease(s) activity
Department of Neurochemistry, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore 560 029, India
J Neurosci Methods 120:155-61. 2002
..The proposed method to monitor the increase in NH(2)-end groups as a function of proteolytic activity could be employed to assay the activity of proteases...
- Safety of a new extensively hydrolysed formula in children with cow's milk protein allergy: a double blind crossover study
Suzanne W J Terheggen-Lagro
Department of Pediatrics, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Pediatr 2:10. 2002
..Differences in molecular weight and peptide chain length may affect its clinical outcome. We studied the safety of a new extensively hydrolysed casein based formula (Frisolac Allergycare: FAC) for children with IgE mediated CMA...
- Electro-membrane filtration for the selective isolation of bioactive peptides from an alpha(s2)-casein hydrolysate
NIZO Food Research, P O Box 20, 6710 BA Ede, The Netherlands
Biotechnol Bioeng 80:599-609. 2002
..Considerable improvements in transport rate, energy efficiency, and process economics seem to be attainable by additional optimization of the process parameters and the EMF module design...
- Amino acid deamination by ruminal Megasphaera elsdenii strains
Jennifer L Rychlik
Section of Microbiology, Wing Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Curr Microbiol 45:340-5. 2002
..Because all of the strains could tolerate 5 micro M monensin, it is unlikely that this feed additive would significantly inhibit M. elsdenii in vivo...
- Effects of peptides derived from dietary proteins on mucus secretion in rat jejunum
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U45, Hopital Edouard Herriot, 69437 Lyon Cedex 3, France
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 283:G521-8. 2002
..In conclusion, two enzymatic milk protein hydrolysates (casein and lactalbumin hydrolysates) and beta-casomorphin-7, specifically, induced mucin release in rat ..
- A novel precursor ion discovery method on a hybrid quadrupole orthogonal acceleration time-of-flight (Q-TOF) mass spectrometer for studying protein phosphorylation
R H Bateman
Micromass Ltd, Wythenshawe, Manchester, UK
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 13:792-803. 2002
- Determination of allergenicity to three cow's milk hydrolysates and an amino acid-derived formula in children with cow's milk allergy
Paediatric Department, Ospedale Maggiore, Parma, Italy
Clin Exp Allergy 32:74-9. 2002
..However, some children who are allergic to cow's milk and who clinically react to substitute milk formulas have been observed...
- Identification of phosphopeptides by chemical modification with an isotopic tag and ion trap mass spectrometry
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 16:999-1001. 2002
- Quantifying peptides in isotopically labeled protease digests by ion mobility/time-of-flight mass spectrometry
Jennifer M Kindy
Department of Chemistry, Indiana University, Bloomington 47405, USA
Anal Chem 74:950-8. 2002
..The influence of the acetyl and deuterioacetyl groups on the mobilities of peptides is considered. The coincidence in mobilities of isotopic pairs provides a means of distinguishing isotopic pairs from other isobaric interferences...
- Nutritional evaluation of caseins and whey proteins and their hydrolysates from Protamex
Key Laboratory of Food Science and Safety, Ministry of Education, Southern Yangtze University, Wuxi 214036, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 7:90-8. 2006
..The nutritional qualities of WPC 80, sodium caseinate and their hydrolysates were good and make them appropriate for food formulations or as nutritional supplements...
- Cross-linking of the DNA repair protein Omicron6-alkylguanine DNA alkyltransferase to DNA in the presence of antitumor nitrogen mustards
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Cancer Center and Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 21:787-95. 2008
..S-cysteinyl]ethyl)- N-(2-[guan-7-yl]ethyl)methylamine, respectively, based upon HPLC-MS/MS analysis of protein hydrolysates in parallel with the corresponding amino acid conjugates prepared synthetically...
- Identification and characterization of topoisomerase II inhibitory peptides from soy protein hydrolysates
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition and Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Agric Food Chem 56:6267-77. 2008
..the objectives of this study were to employ co-immunoprecipitation to identify inhibitory peptides in soy protein hydrolysates in a single step and to investigate their molecular interactions with topoisomerase II...
- Selective hydrolysis of milk proteins to facilitate the elimination of the ABBOS epitope of bovine serum albumin and other immunoreactive epitopes
A C Alting
Department of Biophysical Chemistry, Netherlands Institute for Dairy Research NIZO, Ede, The Netherlands
J Food Prot 61:1007-12. 1998
..the ABBOS epitope of bovine serum albumin (BSA), can still be detected in commercially available milk protein hydrolysates. We used lactococcal cell-envelope proteinase (CEP) for the hydrolysis of the individual milk proteins and ..
- Bitter avoidance in guinea pigs (Cavia porcellus) and mice (Mus musculus and Peromyscus leucopus)
Kristin L Field
Monell Chemical Senses Center, 3500 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Comp Psychol 124:455-9. 2010
..guinea pigs with bitter plant secondary metabolites (salicin, caffeine, quinine hydrochloride) and bitter protein hydrolysates (two types of hydrolyzed casein, hydrolyzed soy) in a series of two-choice preference tests...
- Functionality and antioxidant properties of tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) as influenced by the degree of hydrolysis
Mohamed Beva Kelfala Foh
Jiangnan University, Wuxi, China
Int J Mol Sci 11:1851-69. 2010
..2, 130.0 to 62.5, and 124.5 to 55.0, 137.5 to 53.3, 129.6 to 62.7 for FMM and HWD hydrolyzed with Alcalase 2.4 L, Flavourzyme and Neutrase, respectively. Tilapia fish protein hydrolysates are thus potential functional food ingredients.
- Evaluation of the residual antigenicity of dairy whey hydrolysates obtained by combination of enzymatic hydrolysis and high-pressure treatment
Department of Science and Technology of Plant Food, Instituto del Frio, C Jose Antonio Novais 10, 28040 Madrid, Espana
J Food Prot 69:1707-12. 2006
..These results suggest that HP combined with selected food-grade proteases is a treatment that can remove the antigenicity of whey protein hydrolysates for their use as ingredients of hypoallergenic infant formulae.
- Metabolite profile in milk of lactating rats after treatment with a carcinogen, N-2-fluorenylacetamide
Laboratory for Cancer Research, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55417
Drug Metab Dispos 15:760-6. 1987
..05 to 0.13% or 0.6% of the dose of 2-FAA, respectively, were similar in the uninduced and induced groups. Protein hydrolysates of milk of 2-FAA-treated rats and of milk interacted with 2-nitrosofluorene (2-NOF) in vitro both contained ..
- Utilization of protein extract from dairy manure as a nitrogen source by Rhizopus oryzae NRRL-395 for l-lactic acid production
Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering Department, University of Minnesota, 1390 Eckles Avenue, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Bioresour Technol 101:4132-8. 2010
Six levels of crude protein (0.21, 0.42, 0.84, 1.68, 2.52, and 3.36g/L) and six levels of protein hydrolysates from dairy manure, defined by degree of hydrolysis (DH, 6.9%, 17.2%, 25.9%, 33.8%, 36.1%, and 36...
- Review of methods for the reduction of dietary content and toxicity of acrylamide
Western Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Albany, California 94710, USA
J Agric Food Chem 56:6113-40. 2008
..ingredients (acidulants, amino acids, antioxidants, nonreducing carbohydrates, chitosan, garlic compounds, protein hydrolysates, proteins, metal salts) that have been reported to prevent acrylamide formation; (f) removing/trapping ..
- Effects of an alfalfa protein hydrolysate on the gene expression and activity of enzymes of the tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle and nitrogen metabolism in Zea mays L
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Agrarie, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Agripolis, Viale dell Universita 16, 35020 Legnaro, Padova, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 56:11800-8. 2008
..through a coordinate regulation of C and N metabolic pathways and open the way for further research on protein hydrolysates as a valid tool to improve N use efficiency and, as a consequence, to reduce the intensive use of inorganic ..
- Studies on intestinal absorption, distribution and metabolism of 3 beta-chloro[4-14C]cholest-5-ene and 3 beta-chloro[4-14C]stigmast-5-ene in mice
, H P Kaufmann Institut, , Federal Republic of Germany
Food Chem Toxicol 27:259-63. 1989
..These compounds are known to occur in commercial protein hydrolysates. The gastro-intestinal absorption, distribution and metabolism of chlorinated steroids were studied after ..
- Comparison of the aggregation behavior of soy and bovine whey protein hydrolysates
Bas J H Kuipers
Department of Agrotechnology and Food Sciences, Laboratory of Food Chemistry, Wageningen University, P O Box 8129, 6700 EV Wageningen, The Netherlands
Biotechnol Adv 25:606-10. 2007
..At neutral pH, all soy-derived protein hydrolysates, particularly those from glycinin, obtained by hydrolysis with subtilisin Carlsberg, chymotrypsin, ..
- Enzymatic hydrolysis of brewers' spent grain proteins and technofunctional properties of the resulting hydrolysates
Laboratory of Food Chemistry and Biochemistry, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 20, B 3001 Leuven, Belgium
J Agric Food Chem 55:8703-10. 2007
..We therefore aimed to generate BSG protein hydrolysates with improved technofunctional properties...
- Analysis of novel angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitory peptides from enzymatic hydrolysates of cuttlefish (Sepia officinalis) muscle proteins
Laboratoire de Genie Enzymatique et de Microbiologie Ecole Nationale d Ingenieurs de Sfax, Sfax, Tunisia
J Agric Food Chem 58:3840-6. 2010
The angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitory activities of protein hydrolysates prepared from cuttlefish (Sepia officinalis) proteins by treatment with various bacterial proteases were investigated...
- DNA sequence analysis, expression, distribution, and physiological role of the Xaa-prolyldipeptidyl aminopeptidase gene from Lactobacillus helveticus CNRZ32
G U Yüksel
Department of Food Science, University of Wisconsin Madison 53706, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 44:766-73. 1996
..The physiological role of PepX during growth in lactobacillus MRS (a rich medium containing protein hydrolysates along with other ingredients) and milk was examined by comparing growth of CNRZ32 and a CNRZ32 PepX-..
- Fish protein hydrolysates: production, biochemical, and functional properties
H G Kristinsson
Institute for Food Science and Technology, School of Fisheries, University of Washington, Seattle 98105, USA
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 40:43-81. 2000
..This review describes various manufacturing techniques for fish protein hydrolysates using acid, base, endogenous enzymes, and added bacterial or digestive proteases...
- The vicinal chloroalcohols 1,3-dichloro-2-propanol (DC2P), 3-chloro-1,2-propanediol (3CPD) and 2-chloro-1,3-propanediol (2CPD) are not genotoxic in vivo in the wing spot test of Drosophila melanogaster
Institute of Toxicology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH, Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
Mutat Res 394:59-68. 1997
..3CPD as well as some related glycerol chlorohydrins were identified in protein hydrolysates industrially used for the production of food items such as seasonings, sauces and soups...
- Plant protein hydrolysates (plant peptones) as substitutes for animal proteins in embryo culture medium
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Institut des Sciences de la Vie, Unité des Sciences vétérinaires, Place Croix du Sud 5 Box 10, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Reprod Fertil Dev 21:587-98. 2009
..of the present study was to improve the sanitary quality of in vitro-produced bovine embryos by using plant protein hydrolysates (plant peptones) as substitutes for animal proteins...
- Biochemical and functional properties of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) muscle proteins hydrolyzed with various alkaline proteases
H G Kristinsson
Institute for Food Science and Technology, The School of Fisheries, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98105, USA
J Agric Food Chem 48:657-66. 2000
b>Protein hydrolysates (5, 10, and 15% degrees of hydrolysis) were made from minced salmon muscle treated with one of four alkaline proteases (Alcalase 2...
- Rheological and functional properties of catfish skin protein hydrolysates
Dept of Food Science, Louisiana State Univ Agricultural Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70803 4300, USA
J Food Sci 75:E11-7. 2010
..is an abundant and underutilized resource that can be used as a unique protein source to make fish skin protein hydrolysates. The objectives of this study were to isolate soluble and insoluble proteins from hydrolyzed catfish skin, ..
- Peptones stimulate both the secretion of the incretin hormone glucagon-like peptide 1 and the transcription of the proglucagon gene
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U45, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Diabetes 47:1038-45. 1998
..The hypothesis that protein hydrolysates (peptones) can directly regulate both GLP-1 secretion and proglucagon (PG) gene transcription was tested in ..
- Influence of the rapeseed protein hydrolysis process on CHO cell growth
Laboratoire des Sciences du Genie Chimique, UPR CNRS 6811, ENSAIA INPL, Nancy Universite, 2 Avenue de la Foret de Haye, 54505 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Bioresour Technol 99:7143-51. 2008
Different protein hydrolysates were prepared from enzymatic hydrolyses of a rapeseed isolate (>90% protein content) using different commercial enzymes of non-animal origin...