Genomes and Genes
adenosine a2a receptor
Summary: A subclass of adenosine A2 receptors found in LEUKOCYTES, the SPLEEN, the THYMUS and a variety of other tissues. It is generally considered to be a receptor for ADENOSINE that couples to the GS, STIMULATORY G-PROTEIN.
Publications334 found, 100 shown here
- Neuroprotection by adenosine A2A receptor blockade in experimental models of Parkinson's diseaseKen Ikeda
Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, Nagaizumi, Sunto, Shizuoka, Japan
J Neurochem 80:262-70. 2002..We therefore conclude that the adenosine A2A receptor may provide a novel target for the long-term medication of Parkinson's disease, because blockade of this ..
- A(2A) adenosine receptor deficiency attenuates brain injury induced by transient focal ischemia in miceJ F Chen
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Neurosci 19:9192-200. 1999....
- Dopamine D2 receptor dysfunction is rescued by adenosine A2A receptor antagonism in a model of DYT1 dystoniaFrancesco Napolitano
CEINGE Biotecnologie Avanzate, Naples, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 38:434-45. 2010....
- Local glutamate level dictates adenosine A2A receptor regulation of neuroinflammation and traumatic brain injuryShuang Shuang Dai
Molecular Biology Center, State Key Laboratory of Trauma, Burn, and Combined Injury, Research Institute of Surgery and Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
J Neurosci 30:5802-10. 2010..These findings identify a novel role for glutamate in modulation of neuroinflammation and brain injury via the adenosine-A(2A)R system...
- Adenosine A2A receptor blockade prevents synaptotoxicity and memory dysfunction caused by beta-amyloid peptides via p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathwayPaula M Canas
Center for Neuroscience of Coimbra, Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Coimbra, 3004 504 Coimbra, Portugal
J Neurosci 29:14741-51. 2009....
- Adenosine A2A receptor occupancy stimulates collagen expression by hepatic stellate cells via pathways involving protein kinase A, Src, and extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2 signaling cascade or p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathJiantu Che
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Pharmacol 72:1626-36. 2007Prior studies indicate that adenosine and the adenosine A2A receptor play a role in hepatic fibrosis by a mechanism that has been proposed to involve direct stimulation of hepatic stellate cells (HSCs)...
- Adenosine A2A receptor stimulation potentiates nitric oxide release by activated microgliaJosep Saura
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, IIBB, CSIC, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
J Neurochem 95:919-29. 2005....
- Adenosine A2A receptor activation protects CD4+ T lymphocytes against activation-induced cell deathLeonóra Himer
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
FASEB J 24:2631-40. 2010..The antiapoptotic effect of A(2A) receptor stimulation was mediated by protein kinase A. Together, these results demonstrate that A(2A) receptor activation suppresses the AICD of peripheral T cells...
- Adenosine A2A receptor antagonists exert motor and neuroprotective effects by distinct cellular mechanismsLiqun Yu
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Ann Neurol 63:338-46. 2008..To investigate whether the motor and neuroprotective effects of adenosine A(2A) receptor (A(2A)R) antagonists are mediated by distinct cell types in the 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine (MPTP) model of Parkinson's disease...
- Receptor heteromerization in adenosine A2A receptor signaling: relevance for striatal function and Parkinson's diseaseK Fuxe
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurology 61:S19-23. 2003....
- Receptors for purines and pyrimidinesV Ralevic
School of Biomedical Sciences, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, England
Pharmacol Rev 50:413-92. 1998
- Adenosine A2A receptor activation reduces hepatic ischemia reperfusion injury by inhibiting CD1d-dependent NKT cell activationCourtney M Lappas
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 2290, USA
J Exp Med 203:2639-48. 2006..These findings suggest that hepatic reperfusion injury is initiated by the CD1d-dependent activation of NKT cells, and the activation of these cells is inhibited by A2AR activation...
- Adenosine promotes wound healing and mediates angiogenesis in response to tissue injury via occupancy of A(2A) receptorsM Carmen Montesinos
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 160:2009-18. 2002..Thus, targeting the adenosine A(2A) receptor is a novel approach to promoting wound healing and angiogenesis in normal individuals and those suffering from chronic wounds...
- Adenosine A2A receptor antagonist istradefylline (KW-6002) reduces "off" time in Parkinson's disease: a double-blind, randomized, multicenter clinical trial (6002-US-005)Peter A LeWitt
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Hospital, Southfield, MI 48034, USA
Ann Neurol 63:295-302. 2008..Based on new understanding of nondopaminergic pathways involved in Parkinson's disease (PD) pathophysiology, a selective adenosine A(2A) receptor antagonist, istradefylline, shows promise for the treatment of PD...
- Myocardial infarct-sparing effect of adenosine A2A receptor activation is due to its action on CD4+ T lymphocytesZequan Yang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia Health System, Box 800759, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Circulation 114:2056-64. 2006We previously used adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR) knockout (KO) mice and bone marrow transplantation to show that the infarct-sparing effect of A2AR activation at reperfusion is primarily due to effects on bone marrow-derived cells...
- Adenosine A2A receptor mediated protective effect of 2-(6-cyano-1-hexyn-1-yl)adenosine on retinal ischaemia/reperfusion damage in ratsT Konno
Drug Research Section II, Fukushima Research Laboratories, Toa Eiyo Ltd, Yuno, Iizaka, Fukushima 960 0280, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 90:900-5. 2006To determine the effect of 2-(6-cyano-1-hexyn-1-yl)adenosine (2-CN-Ado), an adenosine A2A receptor agonist, on retinal ischaemia/reperfusion damage in rats.
- Preactivation of NKT cells with alpha-GalCer protects against hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury in mouse by a mechanism involving IL-13 and adenosine A2A receptorZongxian Cao
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G249-58. 2009..Treatment with alpha-GalCer also led to an increased expression of adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR) in the liver, and blockade of A2AR by SH58261 diminished alpha-GalCer pretreatment-mediated ..
- Effects of the adenosine A2A receptor antagonist SCH 58621 on cyclooxygenase-2 expression, glial activation, and brain-derived neurotrophic factor availability in a rat model of striatal neurodegenerationLuisa Minghetti
From the Departments of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 66:363-71. 2007....
- Synergistic up-regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor expression in murine macrophages by adenosine A(2A) receptor agonists and endotoxinSamuel Joseph Leibovich
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
Am J Pathol 160:2231-44. 2002....
- The adenosine A2A receptor antagonist ZM241385 enhances neuronal survival after oxygen-glucose deprivation in rat CA1 hippocampal slicesA M Pugliese
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 157:818-30. 2009..Activation of adenosine A(2A) receptors in the CA1 region of rat hippocampal slices during oxygen-glucose deprivation (OGD), a model of cerebral ischaemia, was investigated...
- A2A adenosine receptor induction inhibits IFN-gamma production in murine CD4+ T cellsCourtney M Lappas
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Immunol 174:1073-80. 2005..We conclude that the rapid induction of the A(2A)AR mRNA in T cells provides a mechanism for limiting T cell activation and secondary macrophage activation in inflamed tissues...
- Attenuation of experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage--induced cerebral vasospasm by the adenosine A2A receptor agonist CGS 21680Chih Lung Lin
Department of Neurosurgery, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Neurosurg 106:436-41. 2007..This study was designed to examine the effects of an adenosine A2A receptor agonist, (2(4-[2-carboxyethyl]phenyl)ethylamino)-5'-N-ethylcarboxamidoadenosine (CGS 21680), in the ..
- Structure-based discovery of novel chemotypes for adenosine A(2A) receptor antagonistsVSEVOLOD KATRITCH
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Med Chem 53:1799-809. 2010..High success rate, novelty, and diversity of the chemical scaffolds and strong ligand efficiency of the A(2A)AR antagonists identified in this study suggest practical applicability of receptor-based VLS in GPCR drug discovery...
- Adenosine A(2A) receptor activation promotes wound neovascularization by stimulating angiogenesis and vasculogenesisM Carmen Montesinos
Departments of Medicine and Surgery, The Veterans Administration New York Harbor Healthcare System, New York University Cancer Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 164:1887-92. 2004....
- GPCR 3D homology models for ligand screening: lessons learned from blind predictions of adenosine A2a receptor complexVSEVOLOD KATRITCH
Molsoft LLC, 3366 N Torrey Pines Court, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Proteins 78:197-211. 2010..A recently performed assessment of blind predictions of adenosine A2a receptor (AA2AR) structure in complex with ZM241385 (ZMA) antagonist provided a first example of unbiased ..
- Adenosine A2A receptor antagonism increases nNOS-immunoreactive neurons in the striatum of Huntington transgenic miceS Cipriani
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini 6, 50139 Firenze, Italy
Exp Neurol 213:163-70. 2008..We suggest that the protective effect of A(2A) antagonism in HD is related to the increase in striatal nNOS-IR neurons...
- Adenosine A2A receptor activation reduces infarct size in the isolated, perfused mouse heart by inhibiting resident cardiac mast cell degranulationTyler H Rork
Robert M Berne Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H1825-33. 2008..In addition, our data suggest that A2AAR activation is cardioprotective in the isolated heart, at least in part by attenuating resident mast cell degranulation...
- Enhanced neuronal damage by co-administration of quinolinic acid and free radicals, and protection by adenosine A2A receptor antagonistsW M H Behan
Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK
Br J Pharmacol 135:1435-42. 2002..The site of interaction is probably distal to the NMDA receptor. Blockade of adenosine A(2A) receptors can protect against this combined damage, suggesting potential value in the prevention of brain damage...
- Adenosine A2A receptor signaling and golf assembly show a specific requirement for the gamma7 subtype in the striatumWilliam F Schwindinger
Weis Center for Research, Geisinger Clinic, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
J Biol Chem 285:29787-96. 2010..Collectively, these results further support the A(2A)R G-protein α(olf)β(2)γ(7) interface as a possible therapeutic target for Parkinson disease...
- Adenosine A2A receptor activation reduces proinflammatory events and decreases cell death following intracerebral hemorrhageM Mayne
Department of Pharmacology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Ann Neurol 49:727-35. 2001..These results suggest that pharmacological strategies targeting A2A receptors may provide effective inhibition of acute neurotoxic proinflammatory events that occur following intracerebral hemorrhage...
- Adenosine A2A receptor deficiency exacerbates white matter lesions and cognitive deficits induced by chronic cerebral hypoperfusion in miceWei Duan
Department of Neurology, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, 2 V Xinqiao Street, Chongqing 400037, PR China
J Neurol Sci 285:39-45. 2009b>Adenosine A2A receptor inactivation consistently protects against acute ischemic brain injury; however, the role of the A2A receptor in chronic cerebral ischemia is unknown...
- Selective adenosine A2a receptor antagonism reduces JNK activation in oligodendrocytes after cerebral ischaemiaAlessia Melani
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini, 6, Florence, Italy
Brain 132:1480-95. 2009....
- Differential expression of adenosine receptors in human endothelial cells: role of A2B receptors in angiogenic factor regulationIgor Feoktistov
Division of Cardiology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn 37232 6300, USA
Circ Res 90:531-8. 2002..A2B receptors, predominantly expressed in human microvascular cells, modulate expression of angiogenic factors via coupling to G(q), and possibly via G12/13...
- A differential role for the adenosine A2A receptor in opiate reinforcement vs opiate-seeking behaviorRobyn Mary Brown
Brain Injury and Repair Group, Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:844-56. 2009..Collectively, these data suggest a differential role for adenosine A(2A) receptors in opiate reinforcement compared to opiate-seeking...
- Th1 cytokines regulate adenosine receptors and their downstream signaling elements in human microvascular endothelial cellsD Khoa Nguyen
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Immunol 171:3991-8. 2003....
- The adenosine A2A receptor interacts with the actin-binding protein alpha-actininJavier Burgueno
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Barcelona, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
J Biol Chem 278:37545-52. 2003..a major F-actin-cross-linking protein, as a binding partner for the C-terminal domain of the adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR)...
- Adenosine A2A receptor blockade or deletion diminishes fibrocyte accumulation in the skin in a murine model of scleroderma, bleomycin-induced fibrosisMajid Katebi
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Ave, New York, NY 10016, USA
Inflammation 31:299-303. 2008..Moreover, these results provide further evidence that adenosine A(2A) receptors may represent a new target for the treatment of such fibrosing diseases as scleroderma or nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy...
- Adenosine A2A receptor antagonism increases striatal glutamate outflow in dopamine-denervated ratsClaudia Corsi
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini 6, 50139, Florence, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 464:33-8. 2003..These results may be relevant to our understanding of the mechanism of action of adenosine A(2A) receptor antagonists in Parkinson's disease...
- Genetic deletion of the adenosine A2A receptor confers postnatal development of relative myopia in miceXiangtian Zhou
School of Optometry and Ophthalmology and Eye Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:4362-70. 2010To critically evaluate whether the adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR) plays a role in postnatal refractive development in mice.
- Adenosine A2A receptor antagonists: blockade of adenosinergic effects and T regulatory cellsM Sitkovsky
New England Inflammation and Tissue Protection Institute, Consortium at Northeastern University, 113 Mugar Building, 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Pharmacol 153:S457-64. 2008..This review addresses several possible pharmacological modalities to block adenosinergic pathways and speculates on their future application together with impacts on human disease...
- Adenosine A2A receptor stimulation increases angiogenesis by down-regulating production of the antiangiogenic matrix protein thrombospondin 1Avani Desai
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Pharmacol 67:1406-13. 2005Topical adenosine A2A receptor agonists promote wound healing by, among other effects, increasing microvessel formation...
- Genes for prostaglandin d synthase and receptor as well as adenosine A2A receptor are involved in the homeostatic regulation of nrem sleepO Hayaishi
Department of Molecular Behavioral Biology, Osaka Bioscience Institute, 6 2 4 Furuedai, Suita, Osaka 5650874, Japan
Arch Ital Biol 142:533-9. 2004....
- A critical role of the adenosine A2A receptor in extrastriatal neurons in modulating psychomotor activity as revealed by opposite phenotypes of striatum and forebrain A2A receptor knock-outsHai Ying Shen
Molecular Neuropharmacology Laboratory, Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Neurosci 28:2970-5. 2008..These results indicate that A(2A)Rs in striatal and extrastriatal neurons exert an opposing modulation of psychostimulant effects and provide the first direct demonstration of a predominant facilitatory role of extrastriatal A(2A)Rs...
- The 2.6 angstrom crystal structure of a human A2A adenosine receptor bound to an antagonistVeli Pekka Jaakola
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037 USA
Science 322:1211-7. 2008....
- Adenosine A2A receptor-antagonist/dopamine D2 receptor-agonist bivalent ligands as pharmacological tools to detect A2A-D2 receptor heteromersAroa Soriano
Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica en Red sobre Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas CIBERNED, and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Barcelona, Avenida Diagonal 645, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
J Med Chem 52:5590-602. 2009..The dopamine/adenosine bivalent action could constitute a novel concept in Parkinson's disease pharmacotherapy...
- Adenosine A2A receptor activation reduces lung injury in trauma/hemorrhagic shockGyorgy Hasko
Department of Surgery, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, USA
Crit Care Med 34:1119-25. 2006..The current study was designed to evaluate the effect of A(2A) receptor activation on organ injury and inflammation in the setting of global ischemia/reperfusion elicited by trauma/hemorrhagic shock and resuscitation...
- Adenosine A2A receptor activation limits graft-versus-host disease after allogenic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationCourtney M Lappas
Department of Biology, Lebanon Valley College, Annville, Pennsylvania, USA
J Leukoc Biol 87:345-54. 2010..We conclude that the selective activation of the A(2A)R has therapeutic potential in the prevention and treatment of acute GVHD...
- Characterization of genomic organization of the adenosine A2A receptor gene by molecular and bioinformatics analysesLiqun Yu
Department of Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Brain Res 1000:156-73. 2004..This raises the possibility of generating multiple tissue-specific A(2A)R mRNA species by alternative promoters with varying regulatory susceptibility...
- The protective effect of adenosine A2A receptor antagonism in cerebral ischemiaF Pedata
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, V le Pieraccini 6, 50139 Florence, Italy
Neurol Res 27:169-74. 2005..We reviewed our most recent work on the protective effect of adenosine A(2A)antagonism in cerebral ischemia...
- Up-regulation of A(2A) adenosine receptors by proinflammatory cytokines in rat PC12 cellsMaria L Trincavelli
Dipartimento di Psichiatria, Neurobiologia, Farmacologia e Biotecnologie, Universita di Pisa, Via Bonanno 6, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 64:625-31. 2002..The biological significance of this regulation might be associated with modulating cellular activity in response to tissue damage associated with inflammatory mediator production...
- Protein kinase C regulates adenosine A2a receptor mRNA expression in SH-SY5Y cellsR A Peterfreund
Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 336:71-80. 1997Protein kinase C regulates mRNAs encoding several G protein-linked receptors but its role in adenosine A2a receptor expression is not known...
- The adenosine a2a receptor inhibits matrix-induced inflammation in a novel fashionKara A Scheibner
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 40:251-9. 2009....
- The crystallographic structure of the human adenosine A2A receptor in a high-affinity antagonist-bound state: implications for GPCR drug screening and designVeli Pekka Jaakola
Oulu Biocenter and Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, Post Office Box 3000, FIN 90014 Oulu, Finland
Curr Opin Struct Biol 20:401-14. 2010..However, in the last three years this situation has changed with the advent of structures of the human adenosine A2A receptor, avian beta1-adrenoceptor, human beta2-adrenoceptor, squid rhodopsin and activated form of bovine (rhod)..
- Randomized, controlled dose-ranging study of the selective adenosine A2A receptor agonist binodenoson for pharmacological stress as an adjunct to myocardial perfusion imagingJames E Udelson
Division of Cardiology, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington St, Boston, Mass 02111, USA
Circulation 109:457-64. 2004..Selective agonism of the adenosine A2A receptor should result in a similar degree of coronary vasodilation (and thus similar perfusion images) with fewer ..
- Ecto-AMP deaminase blunts the ATP-derived adenosine A2A receptor facilitation of acetylcholine release at rat motor nerve endingsM Teresa Magalhães-Cardoso
Laboratório de Farmacologia UMIB, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas de Abel Salazar, Universidade do Porto, Portugal
J Physiol 549:399-408. 2003....
- Blunted adenosine A2a receptor function in platelets in patients with major depressionM Berk
Department of Psychiatry, University of the Witwatersrand, 7 York Road, Parktown 2193, Johannesburg, South Africa
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 11:183-6. 2001..This suggests that dysregulation of the adenosine A2a receptor may be present in depression.
- Inactivation of the adenosine A2A receptor protects apolipoprotein E-deficient mice from atherosclerosisHuan Wang
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1046-52. 2009..Atherosclerosis is a chronic inflammatory disease of the arterial vessel wall. The A(2A) receptor (A(2A)R) plays a central role in many antiinflammatory effects of adenosine. However, the role of A(2A)R in atherosclerosis is not clear...
- Protective effects of adenosine A2A receptor agonist in ventilator-induced lung injury in ratsChin Ming Chen
Department of Intensive Care Medicine and Internal Medicine, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
Crit Care Med 37:2235-41. 2009..The activation of adenosine A2A receptors has been reported to attenuate inflammatory cascades...
- Effect of adenosine A2A receptor agonist (CGS) on ischemia/reperfusion injury in isolated rat liverZ Ben-Ari
Liver Institute and Department of Medicine D, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva 49100, Israel
Apoptosis 10:955-62. 2005..Apoptotic hepatic injury seems to be mediated through caspase-3 activity...
- Adenosine A2A receptor agonists promote more rapid wound healing than recombinant human platelet-derived growth factor (Becaplermin gel)Cassandre Victor-Vega
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, NY 10016, USA
Inflammation 26:19-24. 2002Animal studies of the topical application of adenosine A2A receptor agonists show that it promotes wound closure...
- Adenosine A2A receptor activation inhibits T helper 1 and T helper 2 cell development and effector functionBalázs Csóka
Department of Surgery, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Ave, University Heights, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
FASEB J 22:3491-9. 2008..In summary, these data demonstrate that A(2A) receptor activation has strong inhibitory actions during early developmental, as well as late effector, stages of Th1- and Th2-cell responses...
- Lack of adenosine A1 and dopamine D2 receptor-mediated modulation of the cardiovascular effects of the adenosine A2A receptor agonist CGS 21680Charles W Schindler
Preclinical Pharmacology Section, Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, National Institute on Drug Abuse NIH DHHS, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 484:269-75. 2004....
- Adenosine A2a receptor induced gliosis via Akt/NF-kappaB pathway in vitroRong Hu Ke
Department of Pathology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, No 138, Yi Xue Yuan Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Neurosci Res 65:280-5. 2009..This study explores the role of the adenosine A2a receptor (A2aR) in gliosis after ischemia-like injury in a rat astrocyte cell line transfected with A2aR...
- Effect of the adenosine A2a receptor antagonist 3,7-dimethyl-propargylxanthine on anxiety-like and depression-like behavior and alcohol consumption in Wistar RatsAnnika Thorsell
Laboratory of Clinical and Translational Studies, NIAAA, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1108, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 31:1302-7. 2007..We therefore examined the effect of the adenosine A2a receptor antagonist 3,7-dimethylpropargylxanthine (DMPX, 3, and 10 mg/kg intraperitoneal) on alcohol reinforcement, ..
- Adenosine A2A receptor-selective stimulation reduces signaling pathways involved in the development of intestine ischemia and reperfusion injuryRosanna Di Paola
IRCCS Centro Neurolesi Bonino Pulejo, School of Medicine, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Shock 33:541-51. 2010In the present study, we tested the efficacy of treatment with the selective adenosine A2A receptor agonist 2-[p-(2-carboxyethyl)phenylethylamino]-50-ethylcarboxamidoadenosine (CGS 21680) on ischemia and reperfusion injury of the ..
- Adenosine A2A receptor antagonists improve deficits in initiation of movement and sensory motor integration in the unilateral 6-hydroxydopamine rat model of Parkinson's diseaseAnnalisa Pinna
Section of Cagliari, CNR Institute of Neuroscience, Cagliari, Italy
Synapse 61:606-14. 2007....
- Arachidonic acid activates phospholipase D in human neutrophils; essential role of endogenous leukotriene B4 and inhibition by adenosine A2A receptor engagementSonya Grenier
Canadian Institutes for Health Research Group on the Molecular Mechanisms of Inflammation, Centre de Recherche en Rhumatologie et Immunologie, Quebec, Canada
J Leukoc Biol 73:530-9. 2003..These results provide evidence of a requirement for an autocrine-stimulatory loop involving LTB(4) and BLTR1 in the translocation of small GTPases to membranes and the activation of PMN PLD by AA...
- Protective effect of adenosine A2A receptor activation in small-for-size liver transplantationLi Ming Tang
The Liver Transplantation Center of the First Affiliated Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Transpl Int 20:93-101. 2007..Our findings provide the rationale for a novel therapeutic approach using A(2A)R activation to maximize the availability of small-for-size liver grafts...
- Linear and nonlinear 3D-QSAR approaches in tandem with ligand-based homology modeling as a computational strategy to depict the pyrazolo-triazolo-pyrimidine antagonists binding site of the human adenosine A2A receptorLisa Michielan
Molecular Modeling Section, Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Padova, Via Marzolo 5, I 35131 Padova, Italy
J Chem Inf Model 48:350-63. 2008..computational techniques has been used to depict the hypothetical antagonist binding site of the human adenosine A2A receptor. In particular, a collection of 127 known human A2A antagonists has been utilized to derive two 3D-QSAR ..
- Adenosine A2A receptor dysfunction correlates with age at onset anticipation in blood platelets of subjects with Huntington's diseaseV Maglione
Neurogenetics Unit, IRCCS Neuromed, Pozzilli, Italy
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 139:101-5. 2005..48, P = 0.0001 by linear correlation analysis). An increased platelet A(2A) receptor B(max) may belong in a cascade of toxic events leading to earlier onset of HD: as such it could be a useful marker of onset anticipation...
- Adenosine A2A receptor activation and macrophage-mediated experimental glomerulonephritisGabriela E Garcia
Department of Medicine, Nephrology Section, Alkek N520, One Baylor Plaza, Houston TX, 77030, USA
FASEB J 22:445-54. 2008..Accordingly, pharmacological activation of A(2A)R could be developed into a novel treatment for glomerulonephritis and other macrophage-related inflammatory diseases...
- Differential expression of adenosine A3 receptors controls adenosine A2A receptor-mediated inhibition of TLR responses in microgliaCéline van der Putten
Alternatives Unit, Biomedical Primate Research Centre, Rijswijk, The Netherlands
J Immunol 182:7603-12. 2009..This would suggest exploration of combinations of A(2A)R agonists and A(3)R antagonists to dampen microglial activation during chronic neuroinflammatory conditions...
- Upregulation of striatal adenosine A2A receptor mRNA in 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned rats intermittently treated with L-DOPAMasahiko Tomiyama
Third Department of Medicine, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki 036 8216, Japan
Synapse 52:218-22. 2004To determine whether the adenosine A2A receptor might play a role in L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in Parkinson's disease, we analyzed changes in the expression of A2A receptor mRNA in response to intermittent treatment with L-DOPA in rats ..
- Adenosine A2A receptor activation on CD4+ T lymphocytes and neutrophils attenuates lung ischemia-reperfusion injuryAshish K Sharma
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 139:474-82. 2010..This study tests the hypothesis that adenosine A(2A) receptor activation attenuates ischemia-reperfusion injury by inhibiting CD4+ T cell activation and subsequent neutrophil infiltration...
- Modulation of orphan nuclear receptor NURR1 expression by methotrexate in human inflammatory joint disease involves adenosine A2A receptor-mediated responsesJennifer A Ralph
Department of Veterinary Biochemistry and Physiology, Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Belfield, Ireland
J Immunol 175:555-65. 2005....
- Adenosine A2A receptor activation: another potential therapy for trauma and hemorrhagic shockRongqian Wu
Crit Care Med 34:1273-5. 2006
- The adenosine A2A receptor agonist CGS 21680 fails to ameliorate the course of dextran sulphate-induced colitis in miceZ Selmeczy
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Inflamm Res 56:204-9. 2007In this study we investigated the effect of CGS 21680 (2-p-(2-Carboxyethyl)phenethylamino-5-N-ethylcarboxamidoadenosine hydrochloride), an adenosine A2A receptor agonist, in a model of dextran sulphate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis.
- Recent advances in the design and optimization of adenosine A2A receptor antagonistsChi B Vu
Biogen Idec Inc, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, 14 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Curr Opin Drug Discov Devel 8:458-68. 2005In recent years, the adenosine A2A receptor has gained interest as a potential therapeutic target for alleviating the symptoms of Parkinson's disease...
- Adenosine A2a receptor-mediated, normoxic induction of HIF-1 through PKC and PI-3K-dependent pathways in macrophagesCristina De Ponti
Istituto di Patologia Generale, Universita di Milano, Italy
J Leukoc Biol 82:392-402. 2007....
- Monoamine oxidase B inhibition and neuroprotection: studies on selective adenosine A2A receptor antagonistsNeal Castagnoli
Department of Chemistry, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061 0212, USA
Neurology 61:S62-8. 2003..b>Adenosine A2A receptor antagonists (e.g...
- Inactivation of adenosine A2A receptor impairs long term potentiation in the accumbens nucleus without altering basal synaptic transmissionP d'Alcantara
Laboratory of Neurophysiology, Department of Neuroscience, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Begium
Neuroscience 107:455-64. 2001....
- Adenosine A2A receptor activation decreases reperfusion injury associated with high-flow reperfusionSteven M Fiser
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 124:973-8. 2002..Our hypothesis was that selective activation of the adenosine A(2A) receptor with a highly specific analog (ATL-146e) would inhibit leukocyte activation and decrease reperfusion injury after high-flow reperfusion...
- Optimization of the human adenosine A2a receptor yields in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeAlison Wedekind
Chemical Engineering Department, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
Biotechnol Prog 22:1249-55. 2006..When compared to other reports of GPCR expression in yeast it is clear that this system is among those producing the highest GPCR protein yields per culture both before and after optimization...
- Effect of the adenosine A2A receptor antagonist 8-(3-chlorostyryl)caffeine on L-DOPA biotransformation in rat striatumKrystyna Gołembiowska
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 12 Smetna Street, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Brain Res 998:208-17. 2004In the present study, we investigated effects of the new selective adenosine A2A receptor antagonist 8-(3-chlorostyryl)caffeine (CSC) on L-DOPA-induced dopamine (DA) release in the striatum of intact and reserpine-treated rats...
- Characterization of the antiparkinsonian effects of the new adenosine A2A receptor antagonist ST1535: acute and subchronic studies in ratsElisabetta Tronci
Department of Toxicology, University of Cagliari, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 566:94-102. 2007Antagonism of adenosine A2A receptor function has been proposed as an effective therapy in the treatment of Parkinson's disease...
- Adenosine A2A receptor-mediated cell death of mouse thymocytes involves adenylate cyclase and Bim and is negatively regulated by Nur77Ildiko Kiss
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Signaling and Apoptosis Research Group, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Research Center of Molecular Medicine, University of Debrecen
Eur J Immunol 36:1559-71. 2006..Collectively our data demonstrate that adenosine-induced cell death involves signaling pathways originally found in negative selection of thymocytes and suggest a determining role of Bim and a regulatory role for Nur77...
- Adenosine A2A receptor stimulation decreases GAT-1-mediated GABA uptake in the globus pallidus of the ratBrenda Gonzalez
Departamento de Fisiologia, Biofisica y Neurociencias, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados, Apartado Postal 14 740, 07000 Mexico DF, Mexico
Neuropharmacology 51:154-9. 2006..2microM) are within the range measured in the interstitial fluid under some physiological conditions. Thus, inhibition of uptake may be important in increasing interstitial GABA during endogenous adenosine release...
- Adenosine A2A receptor occupancy stimulates expression of proteins involved in reverse cholesterol transport and inhibits foam cell formation in macrophagesAllison B Reiss
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Leukoc Biol 76:727-34. 2004..Prior studies have suggested occupancy of the anti-inflammatory adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR) minimizes early atherosclerotic changes in arteries following injury...
- PAP 9704, a Korean herbal medicine attenuates methamphetamine-induced hyperlocomotion via adenosine A2A receptor stimulation in miceYong Soo Kwon
Neurotoxicology Program, College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chunchon, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 27:906-9. 2004..5 or 3.0 mg/kg, i.p.) did not significantly affect this pharmacological action. Our results suggest that PAP 9704 prevents MA-induced hyperlocomotion, at least in part, via the stimulation of the adenosine A(2A) receptor...
- Suppression of inflammation by low-dose methotrexate is mediated by adenosine A2A receptor but not A3 receptor activation in thioglycollate-induced peritonitisM Carmen Montesinos
Department of Pharmacology, Universidad de Valencia, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R53. 2006..75 mg/kg/week) in a model of acute peritoneal inflammation in adenosine A2A receptor knockout mice and A3 receptor knockout mice and their wild-type littermates...
- New aspects of physiological and pathophysiological functions of adenosine A2A receptor in basal gangliaH Kase
Pharmaceutical Research and Development Division, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65:1447-57. 2001..A2A receptor antagonists provide a novel therapeutic potential for the treatment of Parkinson's disease...
- Theophylline induces neutrophil apoptosis through adenosine A2A receptor antagonismK Yasui
Department of Pediatrics, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 67:529-35. 2000..was designed to determine whether theophylline would augment granulocyte apoptosis via a mechanism of adenosine A2A receptor antagonism...
- Behavioral and electrophysiological effects of the adenosine A2A receptor antagonist SCH 58261 in R6/2 Huntington's disease miceM R Domenici
Department of Drug Research and Evaluation, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, 299, 00161, Rome, Italy
Neurobiol Dis 28:197-205. 2007The effect of chronic treatment with the selective adenosine A2A receptor antagonist SCH 58261 on the behavioral and electrophysiological alterations typical of R6/2 mice (a transgenic mouse model of Huntington's disease, HD), has been ..
- Rapid modification of the glycocalyx caused by ischemia-reperfusion is inhibited by adenosine A2A receptor activationSteven H Platts
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22908, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H2360-7. 2003..The modifications of the glycocalyx appear to be an early step in the inflammatory cascade typically associated with reperfusion injury, and adenosine A(2A) receptor activation may play a role in protection from this injury...
- The selective adenosine A2A receptor agonist CGS 21680 reduces JNK MAPK activation in oligodendrocytes in injured spinal cordTiziana Genovese
IRCCS Centro Neurolesi Bonino Pulejo, Messina, Italy
Shock 32:578-85. 2009..Although functional studies indicate a protective effect of adenosine A2A receptor agonists in SCI, the basic molecular mechanisms accounting for the their protective effects from SCI have ..
- Blocking adenosine A2A receptor reduces peritoneal fibrosis in two independent experimental modelsSigal Nakav
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Soroka Medical Center and Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:2392-9. 2009..We have previously shown that adenosine is a potent regulator of inflammation in the peritoneum. In the current study, we explored the role of adenosine and the A(2A)R in two experimental models...
- Spinal adenosine A2a receptor activation elicits long-lasting phrenic motor facilitationFrancis J Golder
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Neurosci 28:2033-42. 2008....
- Adenosine A2A receptor antagonists as novel anti-Parkinsonian agents: a review of structure-activity relationshipsF Azam
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Seventh of October University, Misurata, Libya
Pharmazie 64:771-95. 2009The adenosine A2A receptor (AA2AR) has emerged as an attractive target for the treatment of Parkinson's disease...
- Cellular and behavioural effects of the adenosine A2a receptor antagonist KW-6002 in a rat model of l-DOPA-induced dyskinesiaM Lundblad
Department of Physiological Sciences, Wallenberg Neuroscience Centre, Neurobiology Division, Lund, Sweden
J Neurochem 84:1398-410. 2003..These results show that monotreatment with an adenosine A2a receptor antagonist can relieve motor disability without inducing behavioural and cellular signs of dyskinesia in ..
- Synergistic up-regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression in macrophages by adenosine A2A receptor agonists and endotoxin involves transcriptional regulation via the hypoxia response element in the VEGF promoterMadhuri Ramanathan
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Mol Biol Cell 18:14-23. 2007Macrophages are an important source of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). Adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR) agonists with Toll-like receptor (TLR) 2, 4, 7, and 9 agonists synergistically induce macrophage VEGF expression...
- Adenosine closes the K+ channel KCa3.1 in human lung mast cells and inhibits their migration via the adenosine A2A receptorS Mark Duffy
Department of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, Institute for Lung Health, University of Leicester, and Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, UK
Eur J Immunol 37:1653-62. 2007..KCa3.1 suppression by adenosine was reversed partially by the selective adenosine A2A receptor antagonist ZM241385 but not by the A2B receptor antagonist MRS1754, and the effects of adenosine were ..
- Pharmacological strategies to improve breathing after cervical spinal cord injuryFRANCIS GOLDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our approach uses small, highly permeable molecules (adenosine A2a receptor agonists) that mimic the effects of brain- derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) on phrenic motoneuron ..
- Therapeutic Strategies for Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic EncephalopathyRAYMOND CHARLES KOEHLER; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- The Pharmacology of Dermal FibrosisBruce Neil Cronstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have recently demonstrated that the purine nucleoside adenosine, acting through the adenosine A2A receptor, plays a central role in the fibrosis that develops in experimental models of hepatic cirrhosis and ..
- Regulatory T Cells as a Novel Therapeutic Agent/Target for Acute Kidney InjuryGilbert R Kinsey; Fiscal Year: 2013..expert in immune mechanisms of kidney injury and the anti-inflammatory properties and potential of adenosine A2A receptor agonists in kidney disease...
- Adenosine 2A Receptor Signaling in Lung Transplant Injury and RejectionChristine L Lau; Fiscal Year: 2013..Agonists of the anti-inflammatory Gs-coupled adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR) have been shown to inhibit the activity of most inflammatory cells, and extensive preclinical ..
- Adenosine, Toll-Like Receptors and AngiogenesisSamuel Joseph Leibovich; Fiscal Year: 2011..This pathway involves a synergistic interaction of TLR 2, 4, 7 or 9 and adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR) signaling. TLR agonists up-regulate A2AR expression. A2AR agonists then up-regulate HIF11-I...
- Crystallization and structure determination of the mu-opioid receptorRoger K Sunahara; Fiscal Year: 2012..This method has proven to be applicable to other GPCRs as demonstrated in the more recent structure of the adenosine A2A receptor. We propose to utilize a similar approach to stabilize the [unreadable]OR for crystallogenesis...
- Effects of Adenosine Signaling on Cocaine Reward and RelapseRyan K Bachtell; Fiscal Year: 2012..The goal of this research is to better understand the disease as a whole, identify specific strategies to reduce cocaine use and evaluate major biological targets for potential therapeutic intervention to promote abstinence. ..
- Dopamine/Adenpsine interaction in depression: Therapeutic role of A2A antagonismMARIANA PEREIRA ARBOLEYA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The third group of experiments will evaluate the therapeutic efficacy of adenosine A2A receptor antagonism as a novel treatment strategy for postpartum depression...
- Preconditioning Improves Coronary PatencyKarin Przyklenk; Fiscal Year: 2012..The ultimate goal of our proposal is to obtain novel mechanistic insights that may, in future, be exploited for the design of new treatments for patients at risk of developing thrombotic events. ..
- Biomarkers of Inflammation and Vaso-occlusion in Sickle Cell DiseaseDavid G Nathan; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, these studies will provide new information about the cellular and molecular events that trigger vaso-occlusion and tissue ischemia in SCD. ..
- CTRIP: Treatment of Sickle Cell Crisis with inhibitors of NKT cell activationDAVID G contact NATHAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..It causes short life span, pain and multi-organ failure. We have discovered a new anti-inflammatory approach to effectively treat SCD in mice and we plan to evaluate this new therapy in patients with SCD. ..
- A2AR/mGluR5 Antagonist Combination Antiparkinsonian Therapy in MPTP MonkeysJames Bogenpohl; Fiscal Year: 2010..Another potential non-dopaminergic anti-PD drug target is the adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR). A2AR is expressed almost exclusively in striatal medium spiny neurons of the indirect pathway...
- Functional Effects of Adenosine A2A Receptor Activation on MicrogliaSTEFKA IVANOVA GYONEVA; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Neural Plasticity and Sensorimotor Gating in RatsRonald P Hammer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Together, these studies will elucidate the mechanisms of neural plasticity underlying PPI recovery in rodents, and will provide novel therapeutic targets for schizophrenia. ..
- A2a receptor engagement promotes T cell toleranceJonathan D Powell; Fiscal Year: 2010The adenosine A2a receptor has recently been shown to play a critical role in negatively regulating immune responses in vivo...
- GPCR NetworkRaymond C Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2013..Based on the experience of the CMPD investigators, preference will be for human or eukaryotic membrane proteins to maximally leverage the CMPD capabilities. ..
- Dopamine D2 receptor overexpression, adenosine A2A receptors, and motivationRYAN DAVID WARD; Fiscal Year: 2010..preliminary assessment of brain changes that result from striatal D2 overexpression indicate that the adenosine A2A receptor is significantly downregulated in the D2OE mice...
- Lymphocyte Activation in Sickle Cell Lung DiseaseJoel M Linden; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hypothesis: Patients with SCD will have elevated iNKT cell numbers, CXCR3 expression and intracellular IFN that will be correlated to some parameters of disease severity. ..
- Purinergic Modulation of Dermal FibrosisEdwin Sl Chan; Fiscal Year: 2011Dermal fibrosis is a hallmark of systemic sclerosis. We have previously demonstrated that stimulation of adenosine A2A receptor promotes collagen production in vitro while blockade of the adenosine A2A receptor attenuates development of ..
- Substance Abuse Research - Medications Development CenterJOY MARIE SCHMITZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..Project 1 (Joy M. Schmitz PI) is a Phase II adaptive design clinical trial using the selective adenosine A2A receptor antagonist SYN115 alone and in combination with the dopamine precursor L-Dopa. Project 2 (Scott D...
- Adenosine receptor activation in spreading depolarization and ischemic injuryBritta Lindquist; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results of the proposed experiments will elucidate mechanisms of recovery and injury in the brain after stroke, and may suggest novel treatments to prevent the delayed expansion of ischemic injury. ..
- Adenosine A2A receptor cross-activation of TrkB in Huntington's diseaseDonald C Lo; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Synergistic Neuroprotective Mechanisms of Coffee Components in Parkinson's DiseasJeffry B Stock; Fiscal Year: 2013..Studies indicate that the actions of caffeine stem from its antagonism of adenosine A2A receptor signaling, but downstream neuroprotective mechanisms remain to be established...
- Regulation of the A2a receptor by extracellular matrix fragmentsSAMUEL LESTER COLLINS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Adenosine acts as a negative regulator of inflammation and tissue destruction specifically thorough adenosine A2a receptor (A2aR) engagement...
- Nitric Oxide and Compensatory Coronary VasodilationDavid Stepp; Fiscal Year: 2004..2) We hypothesize that adenosine A2a receptor mediated coronary vasodilation is augmented by chronic impairment of NO production...
- Cellular basis of motor, anti-dyskinesic and neuroprotective benefits of A2A receJiang Fan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): During the last 5 years, the adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR) has emerged as a leading non-dopaminergic therapeutic target in Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Sepsis syndrome and adenosine A2A receptor activationWILLIAM SCHELD; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- PHARMACOLOGIC PROMOTION OF WOUND HEALINGBruce Cronstein; Fiscal Year: 2007We have previously demonstrated that topical application of adenosine A2A receptor agonists promotes more rapid wound healing both in diabetic and normal animals...
- Pathogenesis and Treatment of Alcohol-Induced CirrhosisBruce Cronstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..This adenosine-stimulated collagen production by HSC is blocked by an adenosine A2A receptor antagonist...
- DEVELOPMENTAL REGULATION OF HYPERCAPNIC RESPONSESRichard Martin; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- IMPROVED VASODILATORS FOR PHARMACOLOGICAL STRESS IMAGINGGeorge Beller; Fiscal Year: 2000..The desired coronary vasodilatation is mediated by the stimulation of the adenosine A2A receptor by adenosine, most of the side effects are caused by stimulation of the other 3 adenosine receptor ..
- Ethanol regulation of signaling: from cells to behaviorIvan Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2009..The experiments in this proposal will identify and validate novel targets for the development of new therapeutic agents to treat alcoholism and alcohol abuse. ..
- Prostaglandins: Kinins and Angiotensin InteractionsJOHN MC GIFF; Fiscal Year: 2009..3) Heme oxygenase activity and suppression of EET and 20-HETE synthesis. 4) Activation of peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor alpha by Fibrates with stimulation of EET synthesis. ..
- Safety of Adenosine A2a Agonist for Treatment of SepsisSHANNON WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2007..small molecule developed by Adenosine Therapeutics, LLC (ATL) that acts as a selective agonist of the adenosine A2A receptor. ATL146e, sterile solution for intravenous (i.v...
- A2A ADENOSINE AGONISTS LIMIT DAMAGE FROM INFECTIONRobert Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2003..In Phase I of this SBIR award we documented the anti-inflammatory effects of adenosine A2A receptor (A2AAR) agonists on isolated immune cells and have observed dramatically improved survival in mouse models ..
- NEW THERAPEUTICS FOR PATHOGENIC E-COLI DISEASESTom Obrig; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, the effectiveness of anti-inflammatory adenosine A2A receptor agonists will be tested in the murine model of LPS plus Stx1/Stx2-induced inflammation...
- A2a Adenosine Agonist Cardiac Reperfusion InjurySHANNON WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 2005..LLC (ATL) is a drug discovery and development company that has developed a family of potent and selective adenosine A2A receptor agonists...
- A2A AR Agonists as Adjunct Therapy Against S. aureus SepsisJayson Rieger; Fiscal Year: 2006..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This is a phase I STTR application to study the efficacy of selective adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR) agonists developed in the laboratories of Adenosine Therapeutics (ATL) in models of Gram-positive ..
- Enhancement of Phrenic Long-Term Facilitation Following Intermittent HypoxiaMICHAEL SHAMAINE HOFFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Preliminary data have demonstrated that adenosine A2A receptor antagonists greatly enhance pLTF following AIM and that the relevant A2A receptors are located in cervical ..
- CHOLINERGIC MECHANISMS OF BREATHING DURING SLEEPRalph Lydic; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 4 will use pontine and systemic drug administration to test the hypothesis that pontine cholinergic mechanisms modulate the ability of adenosine AI receptors to alter arousal and breathing. ..
- Adenosine A2A receptor antagonists for the treatment of cocaine addictionJayson Rieger; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Long Acting Agonists of Adenosine A2a ReceptorsRobert Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, we will evaluate standard PK parameters for our best candidates using standard LC/MS protocols that we have developed. ..
- Novel Molecules to Treat Parkinson's DiseaseFong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..Adenosine modulates basal ganglia neurotransmission by an adenosine A2A receptor-mediated mechanism...
- SYNAPTIC PHARMACOLOGY OF THE BASAL GANGLIASteven Johnson; Fiscal Year: 1999..In contrast, the potentially opposing influences of presynaptic dopamine D1 and adenosine A2A receptor-stimulation on GABA release from nerve terminals in the GP will be investigated...
- Bioinformatics & identification of cis elements for dopamine gene expressionJiang Fan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- A1/A2A Receptors and Caffeine PsychostimulationJiang Fan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- ADENOSINE /DOPAMINE INTERACTIONS IN A2A RECEPTOR KO MICEJiang Fan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2002DESCRIPTION (from applicant's abstract): The adenosine A2a receptor (A2aR) is co-expressed with the dopamine D2 receptor (D2R) in striatopallidal neurons and exerts an antagonistic influence on postsynaptic D2R function in brain...
- Translational Foundation of Adenosine Antagonist Use for DyskinesiasMichael A Schwarzschild; Fiscal Year: 2010The adenosine A2A receptor (A2AR) has emerged as a promising target for Parkinson's disease (PD) therapy based on its ability to modulate dopaminergic neurotransmission and its remarkably discrete localization to a subset of ..
- Translating A2A Receptor Biology into Novel PD TherapyMichael Schwarzschild; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, this timely conference stands to serve as a catalyst for developing A2A antagonists as a novel multi-faceted treatment strategy for Parkinson's disease. ..
- Targeting Adenosine A2A Receptors in Parkinson's DiseaseMichael Schwarzschild; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Recent insights into the CMS functions of the adenosine A2A receptor, its remarkable anatomical specificity for the basal ganglia, refinements in A2A receptor pharmacology and intriguing ..
- Novel Neuroprotection by Caffeine in Parkinson's DiseaseMichael Schwarzschild; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- A2A Adenosine Receptors in Psychostimulant SensitizationMichael Schwarzschild; Fiscal Year: 2005The adenosine A2A receptor offers a novel and compelling target for the modulation of addictive behaviors...
- MOTOR EFFECTS OF ATYPICAL ANTIPSYCHOTICSJohn Salamone; Fiscal Year: 2003..Taken together, the results of these experiments will help to identify the pharmacological characteristics and brain circuits that underlie the motor effects of clozapine. ..
- BEHAVIORAL EFFECTS OF NIGRAL D1 ANTAGONISMJohn Salamone; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Effort-related Functions of Nucleus Accumbens Adenosine A2A ReceptorsJohn D Salamone; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Dopamine D2 and Adenosine A2A roles:Tremulous MovementsJohn Salamone; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Hyperbaric Oxygenation May Increase Lung InjuryMichail Sitkovsky; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable]..
- Lysophosphatidic Acid Receptors and Acute Renal FailureMARK OKUSA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, these studies will provide the foundation for future human clinical trials of acute renal failure and renal allograft preservation. ..
- Mechanisms of Tumor Protection for T Cells by HypoxiaMichail Sitkovsky; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- ADENOSINE AND RENAL INJURYMARK OKUSA; Fiscal Year: 2009..These experiments also will shed light on the role of inflammation in the etiology of DN and provide insights into other potential anti-inflammatory therapeutic strategies. ..
- Ischemia-Reperfusion in A2A and A2B Knockout HeartsR Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- HYPOXIA AND CONTROL OF FETAL BREATHING MOVEMENTSBrian J Koos; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, the proposed studies are directly applicable to the morbidity and mortality of heart and breathing disorders in infants, children, and adults, including prolonged sleep apnea, brain injury, and sudden death. ..
- Adenosine and Epoxyeicosatrienoic AcidsMAIREAD CARROLL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Selective A2AR agonists may provide a therapeutic approach to controlling blood pressure. ..