Genomes and Genes
Summary: Molecules found on the surface of some, but not all, B-lymphocytes, T-lymphocytes, and macrophages, which recognize and combine with the Fc (crystallizable) portion of immunoglobulin molecules.
Publications250 found, 100 shown here
- Fcgamma receptors as regulators of immune responsesFalk Nimmerjahn
Laboratory of Experimental Immunology and Immunotherapy, Nikolaus Fiebiger Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Glueckstr 6, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Nat Rev Immunol 8:34-47. 2008In addition to their role in binding antigen, antibodies can regulate immune responses through interacting with Fc receptors (FcRs)...
- Roles of Fc receptors in autoimmunityToshiyuki Takai
Department of Experimental Immunology, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Institute of Development, Ageing and Cancer, Tohoku University, Seiryo, Sendai, Japan
Nat Rev Immunol 2:580-92. 2002
- Discriminating gene expression profiles of memory B cell subpopulationsGotz R A Ehrhardt
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Exp Med 205:1807-17. 2008....
- Albumin binding to FcRn: distinct from the FcRn-IgG interactionChaity Chaudhury
Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Biochemistry 45:4983-90. 2006..Our results suggest that the FcRn-albumin interaction has unique features distinct from FcRn-IgG binding despite the overall similarity in the pH-dependent binding mechanism by which both ligands are protected from degradation...
- Phagocytosis and clearance of apoptotic cells is mediated by MERR S Scott
UNC Neuroscience Center, USA
Nature 411:207-11. 2001..Thus, the Mer receptor tyrosine kinase seems to be critical for the engulfment and efficient clearance of apoptotic cells. This has implications for inflammation and autoimmune diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus...
- Role of IgA and IgA fc receptors in inflammationRenato C Monteiro
INSERM U699, Paris, France
J Clin Immunol 30:1-9. 2010..However, IgA can also, when aggregated, be deleterious to the host, inducing inflammatory diseases. This Janus-like nature of IgA is mainly due to their heterogeneity in molecular forms and their interaction with IgA receptors...
- A critical role of Fc receptor-mediated antibody-dependent phagocytosis in the host resistance to blood-stage Plasmodium berghei XAT infectionT Yoneto
Department of Allergology and Center for Experimental Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 166:6236-41. 2001..These results suggest that FcR-mediated Ab-dependent phagocytosis, which is located downstream of IFN-gamma production, is important as an effector mechanism to eliminate PRBC in blood-stage P. berghei XAT infection...
- Crystal structure and immunoglobulin G binding properties of the human major histocompatibility complex-related Fc receptor(,)A P West
Division of Biology 156 29 and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Biochemistry 39:9698-708. 2000..The structure of human FcRn and studies of its ligand binding are relevant to current efforts to use FcRn-mediated regulation of IgG half-life in serum to increase the lifetimes of antibody-based therapeutics...
- Involvement of Fc receptors in disorders of the central nervous systemEitan Okun
Laboratory of Neurosciences, National Institute on Aging Intramural Research Program, 251 Bayview Boulevard, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuromolecular Med 12:164-78. 2010..Knowledge of the functions of FcRs in the nervous system in health and disease is leading to novel preventative and therapeutic strategies for stroke, Alzheimer's disease, and other neurological disorders...
- Utilization of Fc receptors as a mucosal vaccine strategy against an intracellular bacterium, Francisella tularensisDeepak B Rawool
Center for Immunology and Microbial Disease, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Immunol 180:5548-57. 2008Numerous studies have demonstrated that targeting Ag to Fc receptors (FcR) on APCs can enhance humoral and cellular immunity...
- Exocytosis of IgG as mediated by the receptor, FcRn: an analysis at the single-molecule levelRaimund J Ober
Center for Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11076-81. 2004..Such retrograde movement may represent a mechanism for FcRn retrieval. Our studies provide insight into the events that lead to IgG exocytosis...
- The MHC class I-related receptor, FcRn, plays an essential role in the maternofetal transfer of gamma-globulin in humansM Firan
Center for Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Int Immunol 13:993-1002. 2001..FcRn therefore plays a central role in the maternofetal delivery of IgG and this has implications for the use of protein engineering to improve the properties of therapeutic antibodies...
- FcRn: the neonatal Fc receptor comes of ageDerry C Roopenian
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 7:715-25. 2007..This Review summarizes these two areas of FcRn biology...
- Definition of immunoglobulin A receptors on eosinophils and their enhanced expression in allergic individualsR C Monteiro
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham
J Clin Invest 92:1681-5. 1993..The data indicate that expression of Fc alpha R molecules with a characteristic glycosylation pattern is upregulated on eosinophils in allergic individuals...
- Fc receptors as determinants of allergic reactionsStefan Kraft
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Trends Immunol 27:88-95. 2006..in the positive and negative regulation of Fc receptor expression and signaling have shed light on the role of Fc receptors in our immune system, indicating them to be bifunctional, inhibitory and activating structures...
- Visualizing the site and dynamics of IgG salvage by the MHC class I-related receptor, FcRnRaimund J Ober
Cancer Immunobiology Center and Center for Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Immunol 172:2021-9. 2004..The studies provide a dynamic view of the trafficking of FcRn and its ligand and have relevance to understanding how FcRn functions to maintain IgG homeostasis...
- Immunoglobulin transport across polarized epithelial cellsRaul Rojas
Laboratory of Epithelial Cell Biology, Renal Electrolyte Division of the Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 3:944-55. 2002..Recent studies on the intracellular transport pathways of antibody-receptor complexes and antibody-stimulated receptor-mediated transcytosis are providing new insight into the nature and regulation of endocytic pathways...
- Crystal structure at 2.8 A of an FcRn/heterodimeric Fc complex: mechanism of pH-dependent bindingW L Martin
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Mol Cell 7:867-77. 2001..The structure reveals conformational changes in Fc and three titratable salt bridges that confer pH-dependent binding, and can be used to guide rational design of therapeutic IgGs with longer serum half-lives...
- Prolonged and increased expression of soluble Fc receptors, IgG and a TCR-Ig fusion protein by transiently transfected adherent 293E cellsGøril Berntzen
Department of Molecular Biosciences, University of Oslo, P O Box 1041, 0316, Oslo, Norway
J Immunol Methods 298:93-104. 2005..The approach should be of interest to laboratories that do not have access to a bioreactor but still have a requirement for reasonable amounts of protein to be produced in an easy and cost-effective manner...
- Increased clearance of IgG in mice that lack beta 2-microglobulin: possible protective role of FcRnE J Israel
Combined Program in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Immunology 89:573-8. 1996..These data suggest that FcRn can protect IgG from degradation, and is therefore important in maintaining IgG levels in the circulation...
- Beta 2-microglobulin deficient mice lack CD4-8+ cytolytic T cellsM Zijlstra
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Nature 344:742-6. 1990....
- Fc receptors and immunity to parasitesR J Pleass
Dept of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Dundee Medical School, Ninewells Hospital, DD1 9SY, Dundee, UK
Trends Parasitol 17:545-51. 2001b>Fc receptors (FcRs) are crucial in the immune system; they mediate a plethora of biological functions as diverse as antigen presentation, phagocytosis, cytotoxicity, induction of inflammatory cascades and modulation of immune responses...
- Complement, Fc receptors and antibodies: a Trojan horse in HIV infection?Heribert Stoiber
Section of Hygiene and Microbiology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 4:394-9. 2009..Thus, immediately upon entering the host, independent on the route of infection, HIV activates the complement system. Although a first line of immune defense, complement cannot eliminate retroviral infections completely...
- Fc receptor but not complement binding is important in antibody protection against HIVAnn J Hessell
Department of Immunology and Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 449:101-4. 2007..Overall, the data suggest the potential importance of activity against both infected cells and free virus for effective protection against HIV...
- MHC class I-related neonatal Fc receptor for IgG is functionally expressed in monocytes, intestinal macrophages, and dendritic cellsX Zhu
Gastroenterology Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 166:3266-76. 2001....
- Tryptophan- and dileucine-based endocytosis signals in the neonatal Fc receptorZ Wu
Rosenstiel Center for Basic Biomedical Sciences, W. M. Keck Institute for Cellular Visualization, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02254-9110, USA
J Biol Chem 276:5240-7. 2001..This shift appeared to arise because the loss of endocytosis signals inhibited apical to basolateral transcytosis of FcRn more than basolateral to apical transcytosis...
- Decoding IgE Fc receptorsMing Zhang
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
Immunol Res 37:1-16. 2007..A better understanding of signaling events following IgE FcR aggregation will shed new light on how allergy patients might be treated more safely and effectively...
- A full complement of receptors in immune complex diseasesJeffrey V Ravetch
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Clin Invest 110:1759-61. 2002
- Dependence of antibody-mediated presentation of antigen on FcRnShuo Wang Qiao
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:9337-42. 2008....
- Fc receptors as potential targets for the treatment of allergy, autoimmune disease and cancerToshiyuki Takai
Department of Experimental Immunology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Curr Drug Targets Immune Endocr Metabol Disord 3:187-97. 2003..On the contrary, activating-type Fc receptors are crucial for the onset and exacerbation of such diseases...
- A synthetic mimic of human Fc receptors: defined chemical modification of cell surfaces enables efficient endocytic uptake of human immunoglobulin-GSiwarutt Boonyarattanakalin
Department of Chemistry, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:11463-70. 2006..Certain human leukocytes and epithelial cells express Fc receptors (FcRs) that bind and internalize antibodies through this mechanism...
- Human anti-idiotypic antibodies can be good immunogens as they target FC receptors on antigen-presenting cells allowing efficient stimulation of both helper and cytotoxic T-cell responsesL G Durrant
CRC Academic Unit of Clinical Oncology, University of Nottingham, City Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 92:414-20. 2001..Human anti-idiotypes are therefore good immunogens since they target Fc receptors on antigen-presenting cells, allowing efficient stimulation of both helper and cytotoxic T-cell responses...
- Polyclonal immunoglobulins (IVIg) modulate nitric oxide production and microglial functions in vitro via Fc receptorsM Stangel
Department of Neurology, Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200, Berlin, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 112:63-71. 2001..inhibition of Syk and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, two enzymes involved in the signalling cascade of Fc receptors. TNFalpha secretion was dose-dependently stimulated by IVIg in both untreated microglia and after stimulation ..
- Aglycosylated immunoglobulin G1 variants productively engage activating Fc receptorsStephen L Sazinsky
Department of Biological Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:20167-72. 2008....
- Cross-talk between Fc receptors and integrinsAlejandro Ortiz-Stern
Department of Immunology, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Apartado Postal 70228, Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico D F, C P 04510, Mexico
Immunol Lett 90:137-43. 2003b>Fc receptors (FcRs) and integrins are both key players of immune responses. These receptors are capable of independent signaling that leads to various cell functions...
- IgG transcytosis and recycling by FcRn expressed in MDCK cells reveals ligand-induced redistributionT S Ramalingam
Division of Biology 156 29, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
EMBO J 21:590-601. 2002....
- Antibodies, Fc receptors and cancerFalk Nimmerjahn
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 19:239-45. 2007..These novel insights into antibody FcR interactions might be useful to produce the next generation of improved immunotherapeutic molecules...
- Channel catfish NK-like cells are armed with IgM via a putative FcmicroRLinling Shen
Department of Microbiology, University of Mississippi, Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 27:699-714. 2003..This is the first report suggesting that teleost NK-like cells express a putative FcmicroR which participates in antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity...
- Fc receptor biologyM Daeron
Laboratoire d Immunologie Cellulaire et Clinique, INSERM U 255, Institut Curie, Paris, France
Annu Rev Immunol 15:203-34. 1997This review deals with membrane Fc receptors (FcR) of the immunoglobulin superfamily. It is focused on the mechanisms by which FcR trigger and regulate biological responses of cells on which they are expressed...
- Human NK cells express Fc receptors for IgA which mediate signal transduction and target cell killingGabriela Mota
Center of Immunology, Institute of Virology, Bucharest, Romania
Eur J Immunol 33:2197-205. 2003..In this work the expression of Fc receptors for IgA (FcalphaR) on human NK cells and the signaling events were investigated...
- The role of IgA and IgA Fc receptors as anti-inflammatory agentsRenato C Monteiro
INSERM U699, Paris, France
J Clin Immunol 30:S61-4. 2010....
- Microglial Fc receptors mediate physiological changes resulting from antibody cross-linking of myelin oligodendrocyte glycoproteinCecilia B Marta
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Medical School, Farmington, CT 06030 3401, United States
J Neuroimmunol 196:35-40. 2008..Here, we show that similar events occur when anti-MOG is cross-linked with Fc receptors (FcRs) present on microglia but not with complement...
- Rhesus macaque polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies inhibit simian immunodeficiency virus in the presence of human or autologous rhesus effector cellsDonald N Forthal
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, School of Medicine, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 4028, USA
J Virol 80:9217-25. 2006..Finally, our data underscore the potential importance of Fc-Fc receptor interactions in mediating biological activities of antibody...
- Maternal antibodies enhance or prevent cytomegalovirus infection in the placenta by neonatal Fc receptor-mediated transcytosisEkaterina Maidji
Department of Cell and Tissue Biology, School of Dentistry, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0512, USA
Am J Pathol 168:1210-26. 2006..These findings could explain the efficacy of hyperimmune IgG for treatment of primary CMV infection during gestation and support vaccination...
- Crystal structure of the complex of rat neonatal Fc receptor with FcW P Burmeister
Division of Biology 156 29, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125
Nature 372:379-83. 1994..4) and suggesting an unusual orientation of FcRn on the membrane...
- Efficient capture of antibody neutralized HIV-1 by cells expressing DC-SIGN and transfer to CD4+ T lymphocytesThijs van Montfort
Laboratory of Experimental Virology, Department of Medical Microbiology, Center of Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center of the University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 15, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 178:3177-85. 2007..The increased capture of the 2F5-neutralized virus by iMDDCs was negated upon blocking the Fc receptors. Blocking DC-SIGN on iMDDCs resulted in a 70-75% inhibition of HIV-1 capture at 37 degrees C, whereas at 4 ..
- Receptor-mediated immunoglobulin G transport across mucosal barriers in adult life: functional expression of FcRn in the mammalian lungGerburg M Spiekermann
The Combined Program in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 196:303-10. 2002..These data show that mucosal surfaces that express FcRn reabsorb IgG and explain a mechanism by which IgG may act in immune surveillance to retrieve lumenal antigens for processing in the lamina propria or systemically...
- Surface display of IgG Fc on baculovirus vectors enhances binding to antigen-presenting cells and cell lines expressing Fc receptorsJohn C Martyn
The Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Arch Virol 154:1129-38. 2009..to recombinant soluble FcgammaRIIalpha receptor and to cell lines and antigen-presenting cells expressing Fc receptors (FcRs)...
- A family of human lymphoid and myeloid Ig-like receptors, some of which bind to MHC class I moleculesL Borges
Immunex Corp, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
J Immunol 159:5192-6. 1997..Like killer inhibitory receptors, at least two LIRs bind to MHC class I Ags, but their different cellular distribution suggests a distinct role in immune system modulation...
- An Fc receptor structurally related to MHC class I antigensN E Simister
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Nine Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
Nature 337:184-7. 1989..b>Fc receptors on intestinal epithelial cells of the neonatal rat (FcRn) mediate the uptake of IgG from milk...
- Human neonatal Fc receptor mediates transport of IgG into luminal secretions for delivery of antigens to mucosal dendritic cellsMasaru Yoshida
Gastroenterology Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunity 20:769-83. 2004..These results explain how IgG is secreted onto mucosal surfaces and scavenges luminal antigens for recognition by the immune system...
- Expression of the immunoregulatory molecule FcRH4 defines a distinctive tissue-based population of memory B cellsGotz R A Ehrhardt
Division of Clinical and Developmental Immunology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Exp Med 202:783-91. 2005..Cell surface FcRH4 expression thus marks a unique population of memory B cells with distinctive morphology, functional capabilities, and tissue localization...
- IRTAs: a new family of immunoglobulinlike receptors differentially expressed in B cellsIra Miller
Institute of Cancer Genetics and the Department of Pathology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Blood 99:2662-9. 2002..All IRTA genes code for transmembrane receptors that are closely related to Fc receptors in their most amino-terminal extracellular domains and that possess cytoplasmic domains containing ITIM (..
- Fc receptorsJ V Ravetch
DeWitt Wallace Research Laboratories, Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, New York, New York 10021
Annu Rev Immunol 9:457-92. 1991..The detailed analysis of the IgG and IgE Fc receptors has indicated that these molecules have evolved from a common precursor through gene duplication...
- Fc receptors: rubor reduxJ V Ravetch
Molecular Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021
Cell 78:553-60. 1994
- IgG-assisted age-dependent clearance of Alzheimer's amyloid beta peptide by the blood-brain barrier neonatal Fc receptorRashid Deane
Division of Neurovascular Biology, Department of Neurosurgery, Arthur Kornberg Medical Research Building, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Neurosci 25:11495-503. 2005..Our data suggest that the FcRn pathway at the BBB plays a crucial role in IgG-assisted Abeta removal from the aging brain...
- Species-specific evolution of the FcR family in endothermic vertebratesSvetlana A Fayngerts
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Novosibirsk, Russia
Immunogenetics 59:493-506. 2007....
- Immature neutrophils mediate tumor cell killing via IgA but not IgG Fc receptorsMarielle A Otten
Immunotherapy Laboratory, Department of Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Immunol 174:5472-80. 2005..This may provide a rationale for the disappointing results observed in some earlier clinical trials in which patients were treated with G-CSF and antitumor Ab-targeting FcgammaR...
- Regulation of antibody responses via antibodies, complement, and Fc receptorsB Heyman
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Annu Rev Immunol 18:709-37. 2000..IgG can enhance primary antibody responses in the absence of the complement system and seems to be dependent on Fc receptors for IgG (FcgammaRs). IgE enhances antibody responses via the low-affinity receptor for IgE (FcepsilonRII/CD23)...
- Expression and transport functionality of FcRn within rat alveolar epithelium: a study in primary cell culture and in the isolated perfused lungMasahiro Sakagami
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, 23298 0533, USA
Pharm Res 23:270-9. 2006..FcRn expression in the upper tracheobronchial airways of the lung is recognized. In this study, we sought to characterize the functional expression of FcRn within alveolar regions of lung tissue...
- Effective therapy for a murine model of human anaplastic large-cell lymphoma with the anti-CD30 monoclonal antibody, HeFi-1, does not require activating Fc receptorsMeili Zhang
Metabolism Branch, Radiation Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 108:705-10. 2006..We demonstrated that the expression of FcRgamma on polymorphonuclear leukocytes and monocytes was not required for HeFi-1-mediated tumor growth inhibition in vivo, although it was required for daclizumab...
- Fc receptors are major mediators of antibody based inflammation in autoimmunityP Mark Hogarth
Helen McPherson Smith Laboratory, Austin Research Institute, Heidelberg, Vic, Australia
Curr Opin Immunol 14:798-802. 2002..Of increasing interest are Fc receptors, which have been more closely investigated in the past decade using recombinant proteins, gene deficient mice ..
- Cutting edge: both activating and inhibitory Fc receptors expressed on mast cells regulate experimental allergic encephalomyelitis disease severityMichaela Robbie-Ryan
Graduate Program in Immunology and Molecular Pathogenesis, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Immunol 170:1630-4. 2003..Notably, mice reconstituted with FcgammaRIII(-/-) BMMC exhibit a relapsing-remitting course of disease. These data demonstrate that both activating and inhibitory FcRs expressed on mast cells influence the course of EAE...
- The impact of Fc receptors on the development of autoimmune diseasesS Kleinau
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Curr Pharm Des 9:1861-70. 2003..of autoantibodies to self-antigens, which initiate an inflammatory response through binding to immunoglobulin Fc receptors (FcRs) or via complement components...
- Transmembrane domains in the functions of Fc receptorsRaphael Zidovetzki
Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Biophys Chem 100:555-75. 2003....
- Myosin vb is associated with plasma membrane recycling systemsL A Lapierre
Departments of Medicine, Surgery, and Cellular Biology and Anatomy, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia and the Augusta VA Medical Center, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Mol Biol Cell 12:1843-57. 2001..The dominant negative effects of the myosin Vb tail chimera indicate that this unconventional myosin is required for transit out of plasma membrane recycling systems...
- Redundant and alternative roles for activating Fc receptors and complement in an antibody-dependent model of autoimmune vitiligoJiri Trcka
The Swim Across America Laboratory, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Weill Graduate School of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Immunity 16:861-8. 2002..Thus, either complement or macrophages expressing activating Fc gamma R can independently and alternatively mediate disease in a model of autoimmune vitiligo...
- Fc receptor homologs: newest members of a remarkably diverse Fc receptor gene familyRandall S Davis
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Immunol Rev 190:123-36. 2002Newfound relatives of the classical Fc receptors (FcR) have been provisionally named the Fc receptor homologs (FcRH)...
- Channel catfish cytotoxic cells: a mini-reviewLinling Shen
Department of Microbiology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 26:141-9. 2002..The availability of various cloned cytotoxic cell lines should enable unambiguous functional studies to be performed in ways not currently possible with any other fish species...
- A family of highly diverse human and mouse genes structurally links leukocyte FcR, gp42 and PECAM-1Sergei V Guselnikov
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, Institute of Cytology and Genetics, Lavrentjev St 10, Novosibirsk 630090, Russia
Immunogenetics 54:87-95. 2002A group of genes encoding proteins structurally related to the leukocyte Fc receptors (FcRs) and termed the IFGP family was identified in human and mouse...
- Bidirectional transepithelial IgG transport by a strongly polarized basolateral membrane Fcgamma-receptorSteven M Claypool
Harvard Medical School, Program in Immunology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:1746-59. 2004..Thus, the strong cell surface polarity displayed by hFcRn results from dominant basolateral sorting by motifs in the cytoplasmic tail that nonetheless allows for a cycle of bidirectional transcytosis...
- Human antibody-Fc receptor interactions illuminated by crystal structuresJenny M Woof
Division of Pathology and Neuroscience, University of Dundee Medical School, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Nat Rev Immunol 4:89-99. 2004..classes trigger different effector mechanisms through interaction of immunoglobulin Fc regions with specific Fc receptors (FcRs) on immune cells...
- Bivalent binding of IgA1 to FcalphaRI suggests a mechanism for cytokine activation of IgA phagocytosisAndrew B Herr
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
J Mol Biol 327:645-57. 2003..The bivalent, pH-dependent interaction between FcalphaRI and IgA has important implications for cytokine-dependent phagocytosis of IgA and the FcalphaRI-mediated degradation or recycling of IgA...
- Definition of an Fc receptor-related gene (FcRX) expressed in human and mouse B cellsRandall S Davis
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Alabama, Bimingham 35294, USA
Int Immunol 14:1075-83. 2002..FcRX transcripts are found primarily in secondary lymphoid tissues, where they are expressed by B lineage cells. FcRX thus may function as a secreted or intracellular protein in normal and neoplastic B cells...
- Neonatal Fc receptors discriminates and monitors the pathway of native and modified immunoglobulin G in placental endothelial cellsLuminita Radulescu
Institute of Cellular Biology and Pathology Nicolae Simionescu, 8, B P Hasdeu Street, Bucharest, 79691, Romania
Hum Immunol 65:578-85. 2004..We questioned the role of neonatal Fc receptors (FcRn) in the traffic of IgG in human placental endothelial cells (HPEC)...
- Functional reconstitution of human FcRn in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells requires co-expressed human beta 2-microglobulinSteven M Claypool
Harvard Medical School, Program in Immunology, Gastroenterogy Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 277:28038-50. 2002..These results show that human FcRn travels to the cell surface via the normal secretory pathway and that the appropriate expression and function of human FcRn in MDCK cells depends upon the co-expression of human beta(2)m...
- Ligand valency affects transcytosis, recycling and intracellular trafficking mediated by the neonatal Fc receptorDevin B Tesar
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Traffic 7:1127-42. 2006..We also demonstrate that hdFc and wtFc have different intracellular fates, with more hdFc than wtFc being trafficked to lysosomes and degraded, suggesting a role for avidity effects in FcRn-mediated IgG transport...
- Familial hypercatabolic hypoproteinemia caused by deficiency of the neonatal Fc receptor, FcRn, due to a mutant beta2-microglobulin geneManzoor A Wani
Department of Internal Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5084-9. 2006..This experiment of nature affirms our hypothesis that FcRn binds IgG and albumin, salvages both from a degradative fate, and maintains their physiologic concentrations...
- Pathology and protection in nephrotoxic nephritis is determined by selective engagement of specific Fc receptorsYoshikatsu Kaneko
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 203:789-97. 2006..These results establish the significance of specific IgG subclasses and their cognate FcgammaRs in renal disease...
- Cytotoxic antibodies trigger inflammation through Fc receptorsR Clynes
Program in Molecular Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Immunity 3:21-6. 1995..Roles have been proposed for Fc receptors, complement, and complement receptors in the pathogenesis of these disorders, although the contribution of each ..
- How the controller is controlled - neonatal Fc receptor expression and immunoglobulin G homeostasisShuo Wang Qiao
Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunology 120:145-7. 2007
- Fcgamma receptor-mediated phagocytosis in macrophages lacking the Src family tyrosine kinases Hck, Fgr, and LynC J Fitzer-Attas
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Exp Med 191:669-82. 2000..Since FcgammaR-mediated phagocytosis did occur at modest levels in a delayed fashion in triple mutant macrophages, these Src family kinases are not absolutely required for uptake of IgG-opsonized particles...
- Anamnestic protective immunity to Bacillus anthracis is antibody mediated but independent of complement and Fc receptorsEric T Harvill
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Science, The Pennsylvania State University, 115 Henning Building, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Infect Immun 76:2177-82. 2008..anthracis-challenged mice. Adoptively transferred sera were protective in mice lacking complement, Fc receptors, or both, suggesting that they operate independent of these effectors...
- Identification of residues in the CH2/CH3 domain interface of IgA essential for interaction with the human fcalpha receptor (FcalphaR) CD89R J Pleass
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Dundee Medical School, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee DD1 9SY, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 274:23508-14. 1999..We have thus identified motifs in the interdomain region of IgA Fc critical for FcalphaR binding and triggering, significantly enhancing present understanding of the molecular basis of the IgA-FcalphaR interaction...
- Genetic dissection of the effects of stimulatory and inhibitory IgG Fc receptors on murine lupusQingshun Lin
Department of Pathology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Immunol 177:1646-54. 2006Immune complex (IC)-mediated tissue inflammation is controlled by stimulatory and inhibitory IgG Fc receptors (FcgammaRs)...
- In vivo veritas: the surprising roles of Fc receptors in immunityJeffrey Ravetch
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology, Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
Nat Immunol 11:183-5. 2010Jeffrey Ravetch describes how he came to identify the in vivo function of the once mysterious Fc receptors.
- Antibody- and Fc-receptor-based therapeutics for malariaJianguo Shi
Institute of Genetics, School of Biology, University of Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Clin Sci (Lond) 110:11-9. 2006..These Abs also aid investigation of immune mechanisms operating to control the disease and are valuable tools in developing neutralization assays for vaccine design. This review explores how this might be achieved...
- Mapping of the neonatal Fc receptor in the rodent eyeHyuncheol Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Duke University Medical Center, 1530 Erwin, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2025-9. 2008..The goal of this study was to localize FcRn receptor expression in the rat's eye...
- IRTA1 and IRTA2, novel immunoglobulin superfamily receptors expressed in B cells and involved in chromosome 1q21 abnormalities in B cell malignancyG Hatzivassiliou
Institute of Cancer Genetics, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Immunity 14:277-89. 2001..In tumor cell lines with 1q21 abnormalities, IRTA2 expression is deregulated. Thus, IRTA1 and IRTA2 are novel immunoreceptors implicated in B cell development and lymphomagenesis...
- FcRn-mediated antibody transport across epithelial cells revealed by electron tomographyWanzhong He
Division of Biology 114 96, California Institute of Technology, 1200 East California Boulevard, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Nature 455:542-6. 2008..Markers for early, late and recycling endosomes each labelled vesicles in different and overlapping morphological classes, revealing spatial complexity in endo-lysosomal trafficking...
- Effects of mutations in potential phosphorylation sites on transcytosis of FcRnK M McCarthy
Rosenstiel Center for Basic Biomedical Sciences, W. M. Keck Institute for Cellular Visualization, and Biology Department, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02254-9110, USA
J Cell Sci 114:1591-8. 2001..FcRn-S313A recycled more Fc to the apical medium than the wild-type receptor, suggesting that Ser-313 is required to allow FcRn to be diverted from an apical recycling pathway to a transcytotic pathway...
- Comparison of biological activity among nonfucosylated therapeutic IgG1 antibodies with three different N-linked Fc oligosaccharides: the high-mannose, hybrid, and complex typesYutaka Kanda
Tokyo Research Laboratories, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, 3 6 6 Asahi machi, Machida shi, Tokyo 194 8533, Japan
Glycobiology 17:104-18. 2007..The present study provides basic information on the effects of core fucose-lacking N-linked Fc oligosaccharides on antibody biological activities...
- Generation of mutated variants of the human form of the MHC class I-related receptor, FcRn, with increased affinity for mouse immunoglobulin GJinchun Zhou
Center for Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9093, USA
J Mol Biol 332:901-13. 2003..In turn, understanding human FcRn function has significance for the optimization of the serum half-lives of therapeutic and prophylactic antibodies...
- Humanized IgG1 variants with differential binding properties to the neonatal Fc receptor: relationship to pharmacokinetics in mice and primatesAmita Datta-Mannan
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 35:86-94. 2007..This work provides further insights into how the FcRn/IgG interaction may be modulated to develop monoclonal antibodies with improved therapeutic properties...
- NOD/SCID mice engrafted with human peripheral blood lymphocytes can be a model for investigating B cells responding to blood group A carbohydrate determinantWendy Zhou
Department of Surgery, Division of Frontier Medical Science, Programs for Biomedical Research, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Transpl Immunol 12:9-18. 2003..The human PBMC-NOD/SCID chimera developed by injection of blood group O human PBMC might be a useful in vivo model to test effects of immunosuppressants or other approaches on human B cells that respond to blood group A antigens...
- Monoclonal antibody clearance. Impact of modulating the interaction of IgG with the neonatal Fc receptorAmita Datta-Mannan
Department of Drug Disposition Development Commercialization and Biotechnology Discovery Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Biol Chem 282:1709-17. 2007....
- Physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) model to predict IgG tissue kinetics in wild-type and FcRn-knockout miceAmit Garg
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn 34:687-709. 2007..2 and 0.86 +/- 0.3 in control and FcRn-KO mice. The PBPK model, which incorporates the influence of FcRn on IgG clearance and disposition, was found to provide accurate predictions of IgG tissue kinetics in control and FcRn-knockout mice...
- Ca2+-dependent calmodulin binding to FcRn affects immunoglobulin G transport in the transcytotic pathwayBonny L Dickinson
The Research Institute for Children, Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:414-23. 2008..These results suggest a novel mechanism for regulation of IgG transport by calmodulin-dependent sorting of FcRn and its cargo away from a degradative pathway and into a bidirectional transcytotic route...
- Podocytes use FcRn to clear IgG from the glomerular basement membraneShreeram Akilesh
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Renal Division, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:967-72. 2008....
- Reduction of IgG in nonhuman primates by a peptide antagonist of the neonatal Fc receptor FcRnAdam R Mezo
Syntonix Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 9 Fourth Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2337-42. 2008..SYN1436 and related peptides thus represent a previously uncharacterized family of potential therapeutic agents for the treatment of humorally mediated autoimmune and other diseases...
- Investigation of IgG receptors expressed on the surface of human placental endothelial cellsA Gafencu
Institute of Cellular Biology and Pathology Nicolae Simionescu, 8, B P Hasdeu Street, POB 35 14, Sect 5, 79691, Bucharest, Romania
Placenta 24:664-76. 2003....
- EVOLUTION OF IMMUNE RECOGNITION AND EVASIONAustin Hughes; Fiscal Year: 1993..MHC genes and other genes playing important roles in the immune system (including T cell receptors, integrins, Fc receptors, the C3/C4/C5 complement component family, and the ABC family of transmembrane transporters)...
- Statin modulation of immunotherapy for Alzheimer diseaseJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2009..major hypotheses regarding the actions of A( immunotherapy are the facilitation of microglial phagocytosis via Fc receptors and promotion of A( removal from the brain by increasing the brain/blood concentration gradient via anti-A( ..
- Fc receptor targeted therapy for immune hemolytic anemiaPeriasamy Selvaraj; Fiscal Year: 2009..Project Description Page 6 ..
- Key determinants of dengue virus neutralization by naturally occurring human mAbsScott A Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..These skills, along with didactic coursework, will help me to develop my career, as a physician-scientist, in a direction independently of my mentor. ..
- PHAGOCYTOSIS IN PULMONARY ALVEOLAR MACROPHAGESSteven Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2000..a lymphocyte cell line that expresses a chimerib receptor whose cytosolic domain consists of the y subunit of Fc receptors. We will use lyn-deficient lymphocytes to address the requirement for this tyrosine kinase in pseudopod ..
- PHAGOCYTOSIS IN PULMONARY ALVEOLAR MACROPHAGESSteven Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 1999..a lymphocyte cell line that expresses a chimerib receptor whose cytosolic domain consists of the y subunit of Fc receptors. We will use lyn-deficient lymphocytes to address the requirement for this tyrosine kinase in pseudopod ..
- EFFECT OF COLOSTRUM ON GUT MATURATION AND HOST DEFENSEW Walker; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- Pathogenesis of autoimmune endocarditis: roles for Fc receptors and integrins?Bryce Binstadt; Fiscal Year: 2010..Arthritis in this mouse model depends primarily on complement C5 and not Fc receptors;conversely, endocarditis depends essentially on Fc receptors and not C5...
- Role of autoantibody isotype in pemphigus pathogenesisAimee S Payne; Fiscal Year: 2010..In IgA pemphigus, neutrophilic skin abscesses are caused by anti-Dsg IgA binding to leukocyte Fc receptors, and anti-Dsg IgE may cause eosinophilic forms of pemphigus by analogy...
- REGULATION OF EAE WITH RECOMBINANT TCR LIGANDSArthur A Vandenbark; Fiscal Year: 2010..levels of natural IgM and IgG antibodies specific for RTL that would likely bind to and signal through Fc receptors (FcR) when complexed with injected RTL, and it is possible that this pathway involves inhibitory FcR such as Fc?..
- Protective Human Monoclonal Antibodies to HIV-1Susan Zolla Pazner; Fiscal Year: 2009..These antibodies could also be used to develop products to treat HIV infection when used in conjunction with anti-retroviral drugs. ..
- Protective immunity against HIV: the role of IgG subclass and glycosylationDonald Forthal; Fiscal Year: 2009Project Summary Engagement of IgG Fc receptors (Fc?Rs) on natural killer cells, monocytes, macrophages, or dendritic cells may play a critical role in preventing lentivirus infection...
- INTESTINAL & PLACENTAL FC-RECEPTORS FOR IMMUNOGLOBULINNeil Simister; Fiscal Year: 2000..Lastly, the proposed work almost completes the studies that follow directly from the discovery by the P.I. of MHC class I-related FcRs, and additional time will be essential to consider and plan future research directions. ..
- INTESTINAL & PLACENTAL FC-RECEPTORS FOR IMMUNOGLOBULINNeil Simister; Fiscal Year: 1999..Lastly, the proposed work almost completes the studies that follow directly from the discovery by the P.I. of MHC class I-related FcRs, and additional time will be essential to consider and plan future research directions. ..
- Protective immunity against HIV: the role of IgG subclass and glycosylationDonald Forthal; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Engagement of IgG Fc receptors (Fc?Rs) on natural killer cells, monocytes, macrophages, or dendritic cells may play a critical role in preventing lentivirus infection...
- ROLE OF MONONUCLEAR LEUKOCYTES IN IMMUNITYSamuel Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 1990....
- INTESTINAL AND PLACENTAL FC-RECEPTORS FOR IMMUNOGLOBULINNeil Simister; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- CD1 AND BCR/Fc RECEPTOR TARGETED LIGANDGrant Yeaman; Fiscal Year: 2001..of expertise will be used to design synthetic peptide and carbohydrate/lipid antigens to investigate how BCR or Fc receptors internalizes and initiate the processing of these antigens to their effective form that induces T cell ..
- Structure-Function Relationships of C-Reactive ProteinAlok Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, binding of CRP to phagocytic cells via Fc receptors, with a variety of functional consequences, has been described...
- Structure-Function Relationships of C-Reactive ProteinAlok Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, binding of CRP to phagocytic cells via Fc receptors, with a variety of functional consequences, has been described...
- Structure-Function Relationships of C-Reactive ProteinAlok Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, binding of CRP to phagocytic cells via Fc receptors, with a variety of functional consequences, has been described...
- Structure-Function Relationships of C-Reactive ProteinAlok Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2003
- Structure-Function Relationships of C-Reactive ProteinAlok Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2002
- Structure-Function Relationships of C-Reactive ProteinAlok Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2005
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CRYOGLOBULNEMIC GLOMERULONEPHRITISCHARLES ALPERS; Fiscal Year: 2005..In this proposal, we seek support for studies that will define the role of the immunoglobulin binding Fc receptors (FcR) of leukocytes, major mediators of inflammation in immune complex deposition disease, in this model and ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CRYOGLOBULNEMIC GLOMERULONEPHRITISCHARLES ALPERS; Fiscal Year: 2006..In this proposal, we seek support for studies that will define the role of the immunoglobulin binding Fc receptors (FcR) of leukocytes, major mediators of inflammation in immune complex deposition disease, in this model and ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CRYOGLOBULINEMIC GLOMERULONEPHRITISCHARLES ALPERS; Fiscal Year: 2004..In this proposal, we seek support for studies that will define the role of the immunoglobulin binding Fc receptors (FcR) of leukocytes, major mediators of inflammation in immune complex deposition disease, in this model and ..
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CRYOGLOBULINEMIC GLOMERULONEPHRITISCHARLES ALPERS; Fiscal Year: 2007
- Antibody mediated intracellular bacterial eliminationGary Winslow; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our preliminary studies have determined that Fc receptors for IgG are critical for antibody effectiveness, and that antibodies do not block bacterial adhesion or entry ..
- Antibody mediated intracellular bacterial eliminationGary Winslow; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our preliminary studies have determined that Fc receptors for IgG are critical for antibody effectiveness, and that antibodies do not block bacterial adhesion or entry ..
- Antibody mediated intracellular bacterial eliminationGary Winslow; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our preliminary studies have determined that Fc receptors for IgG are critical for antibody effectiveness, and that antibodies do not block bacterial adhesion or entry ..
- Antibody mediated intracellular bacterial eliminationGary Winslow; Fiscal Year: 2003
- Antibody mediated intracellular bacterial eliminationGary Winslow; Fiscal Year: 2002
- INTESTINAL TRANSCYTOSIS OF IGG IN ADULT LIFERichard Blumberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..This raises the possibility that blockade of FcRn function may be of therapeutic utility in colitis if our studies support an involvement of FcRn in inflammation. ..
- INTESTINAL TRANSCYTOSIS OF IGG IN ADULT LIFERichard Blumberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..This raises the possibility that blockade of FcRn function may be of therapeutic utility in colitis if our studies support an involvement of FcRn in inflammation. ..
- Recombinant Fc receptor therapeutics for systemic lupus erythematosusPeriasamy Selvaraj; Fiscal Year: 2009..affinity of Fc3Rs, which necessitates the administration of physiologically unattainable levels of recombinant Fc receptors. Furthermore, the high level of circulating IgG immediately will neutralize the action of high affinity ..
- Recombinant Fc receptor therapeutics for systemic lupus erythematosusPeriasamy Selvaraj; Fiscal Year: 2010..affinity of Fc3Rs, which necessitates the administration of physiologically unattainable levels of recombinant Fc receptors. Furthermore, the high level of circulating IgG immediately will neutralize the action of high affinity ..
- SYNCYTIOTROPHOBLAST IGG FC RECEPTORS AND HIV INFECTIONDaniel Sedmak; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- Immune activation by cetuximab in head and neck cancer patientsRobert L Ferris; Fiscal Year: 2010..The lack of this information has negative impact on the development of strategies to optimize cetuximab-based immunotherapy and the selection of patients to be treated. ..
- Clinical ComponentScott Plevy; Fiscal Year: 2003..In Aim 3, the investigators will evaluate immune responses in microsphere-treated individuals and correlate the results with clinical remission or improvement. ..
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF RA SYNOVIOCYTE PHENOTYPELionel B Ivashkiv; Fiscal Year: 2010..Fibrinogen activates signaling via 22 integrins and immune complexes ligate Fc receptors. This finding was surprising, as 22 integrins and Fc receptors signal via immunoreceptor tyrosine-based ..
- Function of Phospholipase Cgamma2 in RANKL-Induced OsteoclastogenesisYabing Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Function of Phospholipase Cgamma2 in RANKL-Induced OsteoclastogenesisYabing Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Role of Macrophage Activation in Carotid Plaque InstabilityMICHELLE LENNARTZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our data suggest that FcR signaling in involved in the development of unstable plaques. This research will determine the role of FcgR in plaque progression and rupture and provide novel targets for reducing heart attack and stroke. ..
- Role of Macrophage Activation in Carotid Plaque InstabilityMichelle R Lennartz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our data suggest that FcR signaling in involved in the development of unstable plaques. This research will determine the role of FcgR in plaque progression and rupture and provide novel targets for reducing heart attack and stroke. ..
- ROLE OF FC RECEPTOR IN THE AFFERENT LIMB OF THE AUTOIMMUNE RESPONSEJeffrey Ravetch; Fiscal Year: 1999..These immune responses will be compared to those displayed by autoimmune strains of mice. These studies will further explore the role of antibody receptors in autoimmune disease and may identify new targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- IGA FC RECEPTORSJULIA PHILLIPS QUAGLIATA; Fiscal Year: 1993..5) To establish whether the receptor plays a physiological role in the function of the cells...
- IGA FC RECEPTORSJULIA PHILLIPS QUAGLIATA; Fiscal Year: 1992..5) To establish whether the receptor plays a physiological role in the function of the cells...
- Fc receptors in asthma pathogenesisRaphael Clynes; Fiscal Year: 2001Description (provided by applicant): Fc receptors, expressed on both professional antigen presenting cells (APCs) and myeloid effector cells, link the humoral and cellular arms at two key regulated steps in the host hypersensitive immune ..
- PROSTATE ANTIGENS/Fc RECEPTORS AND TUMOR IMMUNITYPaul Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- FC RECEPTOR DEPENDENT NEUTROPHIL ACTIVATIONElahe Crockett; Fiscal Year: 1991..The effect of CD11/CD18 modulation by various ligands on the function of Fc receptors will also be studied...
- FcgRIIb protects fetus from allograft rejectionCLARK ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..What function, then, does RIIb serve? One possibility is that villus endothelial Fc receptors serve to trap and eliminate maternal IgG antibodies provoked by and directed toward foreign (paternal) antigen ..
- FcgRIIb protects fetus from allograft rejectionClark L Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..What function, then, does RIIb serve? One possibility is that villus endothelial Fc receptors serve to trap and eliminate maternal IgG antibodies provoked by and directed toward foreign (paternal) antigen ..
- FcgRIIb protects fetus from allograft rejectionCLARK ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..What function, then, does RIIb serve? One possibility is that villus endothelial Fc receptors serve to trap and eliminate maternal IgG antibodies provoked by and directed toward foreign (paternal) antigen ..
- LIGAND BONDING FORCE AND CELL ADHESION BY CD16 ISOFORMSCheng Zhu; Fiscal Year: 1999..The proposed research will contribute to our understanding as to how the membrane anchor of Fc receptors affects their properties, their interactions with ligands, and the ability of such interactions to induce ..
- FcgRIIb protects fetus from allograft rejectionCLARK ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Ligand Binding Kinetics and Cell Adhesion by Fc ReceptorCheng Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2004..It may also provide guidance to the development of Fc-gamma-R- based drugs for treatment of inflammatory disorders and auto-immune diseases. ..
- Ligand Binding Kinetics and Cell Adhesion by Fc ReceptorCheng Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2003..It may also provide guidance to the development of Fc-gamma-R- based drugs for treatment of inflammatory disorders and auto-immune diseases. ..
- Ligand Binding Kinetics and Cell Adhesion by Fc ReceptorCheng Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2002..It may also provide guidance to the development of Fc-gamma-R- based drugs for treatment of inflammatory disorders and auto-immune diseases. ..
- Ligand Binding Kinetics and Cell Adhesion by Fc ReceptorCheng Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2005
- Fc receptor targeted therapy for immune hemolytic anemiaPeriasamy Selvaraj; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will also form a solid foundation for the development of novel decoy Fc?R-based therapies for treatment of AIHA and other antibody-mediated autoimmune disorders in humans. ..
- HUMAN NEUTROPHIL RC-RECEPTOR-MEDIATED PHAGOCYTOSISHattie Gresham; Fiscal Year: 1990..mediators and intracellular enzymes in response to the binding of IgG containing immune complexes to PMN Fc receptors. The transmembrane signals that trigger ingestion of these complexes, lysosomal enzyme release, and/or ..
- Development of an anti-PSA IgE to treat prostate cancerBirgit Schultes; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- HUMAN BLOOD MONOCYTE RECEPTOR EXPRESSION AND MODULATIONAlan Schreiber; Fiscal Year: 1999..It demonstrates that the mode of signalling and the consequences of receptor ligation via the three Fc receptors (FcgammaRI, II, and III and the receptors' A,B,C isoforms) differs with respect to the roles of Ca++, tyrosine ..
- CONTROL OF PERSISTENT ANTIBODY RESPONSE BY FC RECEPTORSTimothy Manser; Fiscal Year: 2002..Mice deficient in the activation Fc receptors FcgammaRI and FcgammaRIII display dramatically enhanced IC deposition and retention on FDCs...
- CONTROL OF PERSISTENT ANTIBODY RESPONSE BY FC RECEPTORSTimothy Manser; Fiscal Year: 1999..Mice deficient in the activation Fc receptors FcgammaRI and FcgammaRIII display dramatically enhanced IC deposition and retention on FDCs...
- ANTIGENIC DETERMINANTS OF VARICELLA VIRUSCharles Grose; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- CONTROL OF PERSISTENT ANTIBODY RESPONSE BY FC RECEPTORSTimothy Manser; Fiscal Year: 2000..Mice deficient in the activation Fc receptors FcgammaRI and FcgammaRIII display dramatically enhanced IC deposition and retention on FDCs...
- LYMPHOCYTE ACTIVATION BY IMMUNE COMPLEXESHAROLD LISCHNER; Fiscal Year: 1980..been shown to be a consequence of interaction of the Fc portion of activated immunoglobulin G molecules with Fc receptors on the surfaces of the active cells...