Genomes and Genes
adenovirus e1 proteins
Summary: The very first viral gene products synthesized after cells are infected with adenovirus. The E1 region of the genome has been divided into two major transcriptional units, E1A and E1B, each expressing proteins of the same name (ADENOVIRUS E1A PROTEINS and ADENOVIRUS E1B PROTEINS).
- An adenovirus type 5 (Ad5) amplicon-based packaging cell line for production of high-capacity helper-independent deltaE1-E2-E3-E4 Ad5 vectorsDaniele Catalucci
Istituto di Ricerche di Biologia Molecolare P Angeletti, Via Pontina Km 30 600, 00040 Pomezia, Roma, Italy
J Virol 79:6400-9. 2005..6 kb) was exploited to construct a vector encoding the entire hepatitis C virus (HCV) polyprotein. Infection of HeLa cells by the resulting vector showed high levels of correctly processed HCV proteins...
- Efficient generation and amplification of high-capacity adeno-associated virus/adenovirus hybrid vectorsManuel A F V Gonçalves
Gene Therapy Section, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Virol 76:10734-44. 2002..98% without compromising hybrid vector rescue. This allowed amplification of high-capacity AAV/Ad hybrid vectors to high titers in a single round of propagation...
- Infection of endothelium with E1(-)E4(+), but not E1(-)E4(-), adenovirus gene transfer vectors enhances leukocyte adhesion and migration by modulation of ICAM-1, VCAM-1, CD34, and chemokine expressionS Rafii
Division of Hematology Oncology, Belfer Gene Therapy Core Facility, Institute of Genetic Medicine, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Circ Res 88:903-10. 2001..inflammatory responses by upregulating expression of adhesion molecules and enhancing migration through Advector-infected ECs and suggest that E1(-)E4(-) Advectors may be a better choice for gene-transfer strategies directed to the ECS:..
- Construction of adenovirus vectors through Cre-lox recombinationS Hardy
Somatix Therapy Corporation, Alameda, California 94501 1034, USA
J Virol 71:1842-9. 1997..We found that a loxP site next to the packaging site of the gutless virus was necessary to neutralize homologous recombination between psi5 and the gutless viruses within their packaging domains...
- Human adenovirus type 35: nucleotide sequence and vector developmentW Gao
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Gene Ther 10:1941-9. 2003..Our novel Ad35-based vectors and their corresponding packaging cell lines will provide a versatile and powerful system for DNA-based vaccine development and gene therapy applications...
- Adenoviral-mediated transduction of human pancreatic islets: importance of adenoviral genome for cell viability and association with a deficient antiviral responseAndreea R Barbu
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Endocrinology 146:2406-14. 2005....
- Development and characterization of bovine x human hybrid cell lines that efficiently support the replication of both wild-type bovine and human adenoviruses and those with E1 deletedAlberto L van Olphen
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Virol 76:5882-92. 2002..The development of somatic cell hybrids appears to be a simple way of combining some of the desirable characteristics present separately in two parental cell lines...
- Incorporating the survivin promoter in an infectivity enhanced CRAd-analysis of oncolysis and anti-tumor effects in vitro and in vivoZeng B Zhu
Division of Human Gene Therapy, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35291, USA
Int J Oncol 27:237-46. 2005..These data clearly demonstrate that CRAd-Survivin-RGD is a potential novel therapeutic agent for treatment in many, but not all, human cancers...
- Towards a double controlled conditionally replicative adenovirus for potent and specific melanoma cell killW M Gommans
Department of Therapeutic Gene Modulation, University of Groningen A Deusinglaan 1, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Control Release 116:e64-6. 2006
- Gene expression changes induced by a recombinant E1-/E3- adenovirus type 5 vector in human mammary epithelial cellsAngelo G Scibetta
Cancer Research UK, Breast Cancer Biology Group, Guys Hospital, London, UK
Intervirology 48:350-61. 2005..Gene expression changes induced by an E1/E3-defective adenovirus vector have been studied in human mammary epithelial cells by comparing the gene expression profile in infected and uninfected cells...
- Binary AdEasy vector systems designed for Tet-ON or Tet-OFF regulated control of transgene expressionSaideh Berenjian
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University, BMC, Box 582, 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Virus Res 115:16-23. 2006..Taken together our results suggest that the binary vectors described here should be a valuable addition to the repertoire of viral vectors used in basic and medical research...
- Induction of CD8+ T cells to an HIV-1 antigen through a prime boost regimen with heterologous E1-deleted adenoviral vaccine carriersArguinaldo R Pinto
The Wistar Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 171:6774-9. 2003..They are equivalent to sequential vaccinations with an E1-deleted Ad vector followed by booster immunization with a poxvirus vector and they surpass regimens based on DNA vaccine prime followed by a recombinant adenoviral vector boost...
- Combination therapy with conditionally replicating adenovirus and replication defective adenovirusChoon Taek Lee
Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37322 6838, USA
Cancer Res 64:6660-5. 2004..The combination of CRAD and E1-deleted ad induced tumor-specific replication of CRAD and E1-deleted ad and increased the transduction rate and therapeutic efficacy of these viruses in model tumors...
- Improved vascular gene transfer with a helper-dependent adenoviral vectorShan Wen
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 7710, USA
Circulation 110:1484-91. 2004....
- Fluorescently labeled adenovirus with pIX-EGFP for vector detectionLong P Le
University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA
Mol Imaging 3:105-16. 2004..In addition, this technique has potential utility for dynamic monitoring of adenovirus replication and spread...
- Prolongation of islet allograft survival following ex vivo transduction with adenovirus encoding a soluble type 1 TNF receptor-Ig fusion decoyJ Machen
Diabetes Institute, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Gene Ther 11:1506-14. 2004..These data support the potential utility of TNFR-Ig gene transfer to islets as a means of facilitating allogeneic islet transplantation...
- A simian replication-defective adenoviral recombinant vaccine to HIV-1 gagJulie C Fitzgerald
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 170:1416-22. 2003..However, the response elicited by the AdHu5 vaccine is greatly attenuated in AdHu5 preimmune animals...
- Hybrid yeast-bacteria cloning system used to capture and modify adenoviral and nonviral genomesCraig A Hokanson
Cell Genesys, 342 Lakeside Drive, Foster City, CA 94404, USA
Hum Gene Ther 14:329-39. 2003..This novel cloning strategy allows the rapid and versatile construction of adenoviral vectors for gene expression and gene therapy applications...
- An HSV amplicon-based helper system for helper-dependent adenoviral vectorsShuji Kubo
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 307:826-30. 2003..Since the HSV amplicon can be easily and completely inactivated by chloroform extraction and/or heat treatment from the HDAdV stock, this helper system might be an alternative method to produce helper virus-free HDAdVs...
- A recombinant E1-deleted porcine adenovirus-3 as an expression vectorAlexander Zakhartchouk
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Virology 313:377-86. 2003..We demonstrated that PAV219 was able to transduce and direct expression of GFP in some human cell lines...
- Early adenoviral gene expression mediates immunosuppression by transduced dendritic cell (DC): implications for immunotherapy using genetically modified DCAndrea Tuettenberg
Department of Dermatology, J Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Immunol 172:1524-30. 2004..These results have important implications for the use of genetically modified DC for therapeutic application...
- An adenoviral system for tetracycline-regulated TGF-beta expression mediates a reversible cell cycle arrestM A Wettergreen
Department of Oral Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 109:415-21. 2001..These results highlight the possibility of using low level infection with recombinant adenovirus to cause short-term blocks on cell proliferation...
- Configurations of a two-tiered amplified gene expression system in adenoviral vectors designed to improve the specificity of in vivo prostate cancer imagingM Sato
Department of Urology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1738, USA
Gene Ther 15:583-93. 2008..The prostate-targeted gene delivery vectors with robust and cell-specific expression capability will advance the development of safe and effective imaging guided therapy for recurrent metastatic stages of prostate cancer...
- Direct comparison of hepatocyte-specific expression cassettes following adenoviral and nonviral hydrodynamic gene transferF Jacobs
Molecular and Cardiovascular Medicine, Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Gene Ther 15:594-603. 2008....
- Development of a suspension serum-free helper-dependent adenovirus production system and assessment of co-infection conditionsAngélica Meneses-Acosta
Animal Cell Technology Group, Biotechnology Research Institute, National Research Council, 6100 Royalmount Avenue, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4P 2R2
J Virol Methods 148:106-14. 2008..These results were validated in a 3 L bioreactor under controlled operating conditions where a higher HDAd yield of 2.6 x 10(9) viral particles (VP)/mL or 3.5 x 10(8) infectious units (IU)/mL of HDAd was obtained...
- T-cell response to adenovirus hexon and DNA-binding protein in miceT McKelvey
Department of Viral Vaccine Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA, USA
Gene Ther 11:791-6. 2004..These results add to the evidence that cell-mediated immunity is a substantial barrier to therapeutic adenoviral vectors and provide more quantitative tools to measure cellular immune responses to adenovirus...
- A replication-competent adenovirus assay for E1-deleted Ad35 vectors produced in PER.C6 cellsG Marzio
Crucell Holland BV, P O Box 2048, 2301CA Leiden, The Netherlands
Vaccine 25:2228-37. 2007..C6 cells were analysed and found to be free of RCA and HDEP. Based on the statistical model used, we anticipate that our approach to RCA assay development can be broadly applicable to other adenoviral vectors...
- Rapid construction of small interfering RNA-expressing adenoviral vectors on the basis of direct cloning of short hairpin RNA-coding DNAsHiroyuki Mizuguchi
National Institute of Biomedical Innovation, Osaka 567 0085, Japan
Hum Gene Ther 18:74-80. 2007..This method should be useful for RNA interference-based experiments, and should make it easy to construct an siRNA-expressing Ad vector library for functional screening...
- Intravenous administration of an E1/E3-deleted adenoviral vector induces tolerance to factor IX in C57BL/6 miceP A Fields
Departments of Pediatrics and Pathology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center and The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Gene Ther 8:354-61. 2001..Given the well-documented immunogenicity of the first-generation adenoviral vector, data from C57BL/6 mice may therefore grossly underestimate immunological consequences in certain gene therapy protocols...
- Improved adenoviral vector for vascular gene therapy : beneficial effects on vascular function and inflammationH S Qian
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Circ Res 88:911-7. 2001....
- A novel system to study adenovirus tropism to normal and malignant colon tissuesD Kolodkin-Gal
Department of Virology, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, 91120, Israel
Virology 357:91-101. 2007..Increased infectivity and altered tropism were noted in the treated tumor tissue. Taken together, this ex vivo system indicated that receptor utilization and extracellular-matrix components influence AD viral tropism in solid tissues...
- Fiber-substituted conditionally replicating adenovirus for oncolysis of human renal carcinoma cellsHisao Nagaya
Laboratory of Cell and Gene Therapy, Institute for Advanced Medical Sciences, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya 663 8501, Japan
Anticancer Res 32:2985-9. 2012..We investigated the oncolytic effects of a chimeric adenovirus type 5 (Ad5) with replacement of Ad5 fiber knob with adenovirus type 35 (Ad35) fiber knob (Ad5F35) on human renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Cell transformation by human adenovirusesC Endter
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Universitat Regensburg, Landshuterstr 22, 93047 Regensburg, Germany
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 273:163-214. 2004....
- Liver toxicities typically induced by first-generation adenoviral vectors can be reduced by use of E1, E2b-deleted adenoviral vectorsR S Everett
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Medical Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Hum Gene Ther 14:1715-26. 2003..On the basis of a careful review of the literature, these improvements in vector safety rival those noted with other, more significantly modified Ad vectors described to date...
- Characterization of human adenovirus 35 and derivation of complex vectorsDuncan McVey
Department of Research, GenVec, Inc, Gaithersburg, MD 20874, USA
Virol J 7:276. 2010..The structure of the viral genome and life cycle of Ad35 differs from the better characterized Ad5 and these differences require differences in the strategies for the generation of vectors for gene delivery...
- Common structure of rare replication-deficient E1-positive particles in adenoviral vector batchesPete Murakami
Process Development Department, Berlex Biosciences, 2600 Hilltop Drive, Richmond, CA 94804, USA
J Virol 78:6200-8. 2004..This finding allowed development of an HDEP assay to screen batches of rAd5 produced on the PER.C6 cell line and resulted in detection of seven HDEP agents from four different transgene-virus vector constructs in separate batches of Ad...
- Characterization of a family of chimpanzee adenoviruses and development of molecular clones for gene transfer vectorsSoumitra Roy
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania and The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Hum Gene Ther 15:519-30. 2004..These results indicate that chimpanzee adenoviral vectors may be useful as vaccines or gene therapy vectors in human populations and should allow applications that require multiple vector administrations...
- NKG2D is required for NK cell activation and function in response to E1-deleted adenovirusJiangao Zhu
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Immunol 185:7480-6. 2010....
- Optimization of adenovirus serotype 35 vectors for efficient transduction in human hematopoietic progenitors: comparison of promoter activitiesF Sakurai
Laboratory of Gene Transfer and Regulation, National Institute of Biomedical Innovation, Osaka, Japan
Gene Ther 12:1424-33. 2005..These results indicate the construction of an optimized Ad35 vector backbone for efficient transduction into HSCs/progenitors...
- Checkpoints in adenoviral production: cross-contamination and E1ADagmar J Haeussler
Vascular Biology Section, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e23160. 2011..Here we report methods for evaluation of contaminating adenovirus and E1 viral DNA...
- Telomerase-specific replication-selective virotherapy for human cancerTakeshi Kawashima
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:285-92. 2004..We investigated the antitumor effect of the hTERT-specific replication-competent adenovirus on human cancer cells...
- CpG methylation of a plasmid vector results in extended transgene product expression by circumventing induction of immune responsesA Reyes-Sandoval
The Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Ther 9:249-61. 2004..Nevertheless, mice remain responsive to the transgene product delivered by a viral vector...
- Optimization of vaccine responses with an E1, E2b and E3-deleted Ad5 vector circumvents pre-existing anti-vector immunityT Osada
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 16:673-82. 2009..These pre-clinical studies with E1 and E2b-deleted recombinant Ad5 vectors suggest that anti-Ad immunity will no longer be a limiting factor, and that clinical trials to evaluate their performance are warranted...
- Designing E1 deleted adenoviral vector by homologous recombinationAlireza Zamani
Dept of Immunology and Hematology, Medical School, Hamedan University of Medical Sciences, Hamedan, Iran
Iran Biomed J 11:199-202. 2007..In spite of their usefulness, the construction of adenoviral vectors (AdV) is a cumbersome and lengthy process that is not readily amenable to the generation of large collection of clones...
- Specific and efficient transduction of Cochlear inner hair cells with recombinant adeno-associated virus type 3 vectorYuhe Liu
Division of Genetic Therapeutics, Center for Molecular Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Minami Kawachi, Kawachi, Tochigi, Japan
Mol Ther 12:725-33. 2005..These findings are of value for further molecular studies of cochlear inner hair cells and for gene replacement strategies to correct recessive genetic hearing loss due to monogenic mutations in these cells...
- Rescue of chimeric adenoviral vectors to expand the serotype repertoireSoumitra Roy
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Division of Transfusion Medicine, Gene Therapy Program, Translational Research Laboratory, 125 South 31st Street, Suite 2000, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3403, USA
J Virol Methods 141:14-21. 2007..It is further shown that this strategy may be more widely applicable...
- Immunological insights from genetic vaccinesHildegund C J Ertl
The Wistar Institute, 3601 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Virus Res 111:89-92. 2005..Virus neutralizing antibody titers can be enhanced by prime-boost regimens...
- AdEasy-based cloning system to generate tropism expanded replicating adenoviruses expressing transgenes late in the viral life cycleM Lie-A-Ling
AMC Liver Center, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gene Ther 12:1347-52. 2005..This flexible cloning system allows for straightforward construction of tropism expanded replicating adenoviral vectors that express transgenes late in the adenoviral life cycle...
- Replication-defective adenovirus serotype 5 vectors elicit durable cellular and humoral immune responses in nonhuman primatesSampa Santra
Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, RE113, P O Box 15732, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Virol 79:6516-22. 2005..Therefore, administration of ADV5-based vectors in DNA-primed subjects may be a preferred use of this vaccine modality for generating long-term immune protection...
- Efficient generation of double heterologous promoter controlled oncolytic adenovirus vectors by a single homologous recombination step in Escherichia coliDennis Hoffmann
Ruhr University Bochum, Institute of Microbiology and Hygiene, Department of Molecular and Medical Virology, Bldg, MA, RM, 6 40, D 44801 Bochum, Germany
BMC Biotechnol 6:36. 2006..Presently the E1 and E4 regions are modified in a time consuming sequential fashion...
- Targeting mesothelioma using an infectivity enhanced survivin-conditionally replicative adenovirusesZeng B Zhu
Department of Medicine, Pathology, and Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35291, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:701-11. 2006..These agents should provide important insights into the identification of novel therapeutic strategies for mesothelioma...
- The CED-4-homologous protein FLASH is involved in Fas-mediated activation of caspase-8 during apoptosisY Imai
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Japan
Nature 398:777-85. 1999..Overexpression of full-length FLASH blocks the anti-apoptotic effect of the adenovirus protein E1B19K. FLASH is therefore necessary for the activation of caspase-8 in Fas-mediated apoptosis...
- Influence of E1-deleted recombinant adenoviruses on B7.1 and IL-2 expression in C1498 cellsMohammad Saeid Hejazi
Dept of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Iran Biomed J 11:153-60. 2007..Knowing that adenoviral vectors could initiate innate immunity, the ability of E1-deleted recombinant adenovirus (Ad-E1Delta) in induction of B7.1 and IL-2 molecules was studied...
- Decreased replication ability of E1-deleted adenoviruses correlates with increased brain tumor malignancySubrata Ghosh
Department of Neurological Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Cancer Res 65:8936-43. 2005..Because of this tumor grade-based differential growth, the E1-deleted adenoviruses may represent novel tools for studies of brain tumor malignancy...
- [Inheritable phenotypic normalization of rodent cells transformed by simian adenovirus SA7 E1 oncogenes by singled-stranded oligonucleotides complementary to a long region of integrated oncogenes]N I Grineva
Hematology Research Center, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow 125167 Russia
Genetika 31:1043-51. 1995..The normalization also produced cells that divided 2 - 5 times and died and cells that reverted to a transformed phenotype in 2 - 10 days. The latter appeared predominantly upon the action of the antisense oligonucleotides...
- Induction of endogenous genes following infection of human endothelial cells with an E1(-) E4(+) adenovirus gene transfer vectorR Ramalingam
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Virol 73:10183-90. 1999....
- Gene therapy in the inner ear. Mechanisms and clinical implicationsT R Van De Water
Department of Otolaryngology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 884:345-60. 1999..Gene therapy has been successfully applied to the cochlea of a laboratory animal, and future studies will define the types of vectors and therapeutic genes that will work best for the treatment of inner ear diseases in the clinic...
- Differential influence of the E4 adenoviral genes on viral and cellular promotersL Grave
Transgene SA, Strasbourg, France
J Gene Med 2:433-43. 2000..In this study, the influence of the E4 adenoviral region on the activity of various promoters was investigated in vitro and in vivo...
- An immunomodulatory procedure that stabilizes transgene expression and permits readministration of E1-deleted adenovirus vectorsA I Kuzmin
Institute for Gene Therapy and Molecular Medicine, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Mol Ther 3:293-301. 2001..These experiments demonstrate that this treatment is transient and antigen-specific...
- Biology of E1-deleted adenovirus vectors in nonhuman primate muscleP W Zoltick
Institute for Human Gene Therapy, University of Pennsylvania, USA
J Virol 75:5222-9. 2001....
- Development of a packaging cell line for propagation of replication-deficient adenovirus vectorJ S Kim
Clinical Research Center, Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Seoul, Korea
Exp Mol Med 33:145-9. 2001..These results may have a significant impact on the development of packaging cell lines for replication-deficient adenovirus production...
- A midkine promoter-based conditionally replicative adenovirus for treatment of pediatric solid tumors and bone marrow tumor purgingY Adachi
The Division of Human Gene Therapy, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Cancer Res 61:7882-8. 2001..We concluded that application of this replication-competent Ad to hematopoietic grafts could be a simple but effective procedure to achieve complete tumor cell purging...
- Rejection of intraocular tumors by CD4(+) T cells without induction of phthisisL R Schurmans
Department of Ophthalmology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Immunol 167:5832-7. 2001..Taken together, these observations demonstrate that CD4(+) T cells are able to eradicate MHC class II-negative tumors in an immune-privileged site without affecting surrounding tissues or the induction of phthisis...
- Reduced toxicity, attenuated immunogenicity and efficient mediation of human p53 gene expression in vivo by an adenovirus vector with deleted E1-E3 and inactivated E4 by GAL4-TATA promoter replacementL Ji
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Gene Ther 6:393-402. 1999....
- Switching transgene expression in the brain using an adenoviral tetracycline-regulatable systemT C Harding
Department of Medicine, University of Bristol
Nat Biotechnol 16:553-5. 1998..This regulatable adenoviral vector system should be of value in behavioral studies and in vivo studies of neuronal gene function, and may further the development of effective gene therapy strategies in the brain...
- Lack of persistence of E1- recombinant adenoviral vectors containing a temperature-sensitive E2A mutation in immunocompetent mice and hemophilia B dogsB Fang
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gene Ther 3:217-22. 1996..Additionally, humoral immune response to transgene products has been demonstrated in immunocompetent animal models, which will also need to be surmounted for long-term efficacy in disease treatment by gene therapy...
- Unique genome arrangement of an ovine adenovirus: identification of new proteins and proteinase cleavage sitesS Vrati
Division of Biomolecular Engineering, CSIRO, North Ryde, New South Wales, Australia
Virology 220:186-99. 1996..The data emphasize that this ovine virus differs significantly from other known human and animal adenoviruses...
- Recombinational construction in Escherichia coli of infectious adenoviral genomesJ Crouzet
Rhône Poulenc Rorer Gencell, Centre de Recherche de Vitry Alfortville, Vitry sur Seine, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:1414-9. 1997..The potential of this procedure is demonstrated by the recovery of several E1E3E4-deleted adenoviruses following transfection of the corresponding E. coli-derived genomes in IGRP2 cells...
- The human cytomegalovirus major immediate early promoter can be trans-activated by adenovirus early proteinsC M Gorman
Department of Cell Genetics, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080
Virology 171:377-85. 1989We have examined the effect of adenovirus E1 proteins on expression from the immediate early (IE) region of the human cytomegalovirus (HCMV)...
- Conditional repression of the E2 transcription unit in E1-E3-deleted adenovirus vectors is correlated with a strong reduction in viral DNA replication and late gene expression in vitroK Rittner
Gene Therapy Department, Transgene S A, Strasbourg, France
J Virol 71:3307-11. 1997..In contrast, there was no repression in the presence of the regulator tetracycline. We propose that regulation by TetR-KRAB is a valuable tool with which to study the effects of viral gene expression in vitro...
- Production and characterization of improved adenovirus vectors with the E1, E2b, and E3 genes deletedA Amalfitano
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Virol 72:926-33. 1998..The results suggested that these modified vectors may be very useful both for in vitro and in vivo gene therapy applications...
- In vitro and in vivo biology of recombinant adenovirus vectors with E1, E1/E2A, or E1/E4 deletedM Lusky
Transgene S A, Strasbourg, France
J Virol 72:2022-32. 1998..In addition, our data confirm that, in the absence of transgene expression, mouse cellular immunity to viral antigens plays a minor role in the progressive elimination of the virus genome...
- Selective gene transfer into the liver of non-human primates with E1-deleted, E2A-defective, or E1-E4 deleted recombinant adenovirusesS E Raper
Institute for Human Gene Therapy, Harrison Department of Surgical Research, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104 6100, USA
Hum Gene Ther 9:671-9. 1998..At high doses of vector, widespread dissemination of vector DNA is seen. At low doses, hepatic gene transfer is not associated with vector DNA dissemination to gonads...
- Effects of first generation E1E3-deleted and second generation E1E3E4-deleted/modified adenovirus vectors on human endothelial cell deathL Jornot
Respiratory Division, Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland
Endothelium 8:167-79. 2001..This effect can be complicated by the action of transgene expression on cell survival...
- Single oral immunization with replication deficient recombinant adenovirus elicits long-lived transgene-specific cellular and humoral immune responsesSally Sharpe
Centre for Applied Microbiology and Research, Salisbury SP4 0JG, United Kingdom
Virology 293:210-6. 2002....
- Inclusion of Moloney murine leukemia virus elements upstream of the transgene cassette in an E1-deleted adenovirus leads to an unusual genomic integration in epithelial cellsChangyu Zheng
Gene Therapy and Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1190, USA
Virology 313:460-72. 2003..These results suggest that the 2.7 kb of MoMLV sequence included in AdELP-luc have cis-acting functions and mediates an unusual integration event...
- Infectivity enhanced, cyclooxygenase-2 promoter-based conditionally replicative adenovirus for pancreatic cancerMasato Yamamoto
Division of Human Gene Therapy, University of Alabama at Birmingham, BMR2 408, 901 19th Street South, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 2172, USA
Gastroenterology 125:1203-18. 2003..Thus, we constructed infectivity enhanced cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 promoter-based CRAds to develop a safe and effective therapeutic modality...
- Mucosally delivered E1-deleted adenoviral vaccine carriers induce transgene product-specific antibody responses in neonatal miceZhiquan Xiang
Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 171:4287-93. 2003..The efficacy of the AdHu5rab.gp vector given orally to newborn mice born to AdHu5 virus-immune dams was not impaired by maternally transferred Abs to the vaccine carrier...
- Fatal systemic inflammatory response syndrome in a ornithine transcarbamylase deficient patient following adenoviral gene transferSteven E Raper
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, BRB II III Rm, 607 421 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Genet Metab 80:148-58. 2003....
- Dawdling polymerases allow introns time to spliceNick J Proudfoot
Nat Struct Biol 10:876-8. 2003
- Replication of an adenoviral vector controlled by the human telomerase reverse transcriptase promoter causes tumor-selective tumor lysisNicholas A Lanson
Gene Therapy Program, Department of Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 533 Bolivar Street, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Cancer Res 63:7936-41. 2003..These results suggest that the Ad5-hTERT-E1 vector has potential as a broad-spectrum antitumor agent...
- Adenovirus vector library: an approach to the discovery of gene and protein functionDuncan McVey
GenVec Inc, 65 West Watkins Mill Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
J Gen Virol 84:3417-22. 2003..This AdLibrary approach provides an opportunity to exploit the efficient gene delivery capabilities of adenovirus vectors for the rapid discovery of gene and protein function...
- Impurity of recombinant adeno-associated virus type 2 affects the transduction characteristics following subretinal injection in the ratWei Yong Shen
Centre for Ophthalmology and Visual Science, The University of Western Australia, 2 Verdun Street, Nedlands, Perth, WA 6009, Australia
Vision Res 44:339-48. 2004..Future studies of these factors will undoubtedly lead to development of new therapeutic approaches to PR- and RPE-specific retinal diseases...
- Intraneural colchicine inhibition of adenoviral and adeno-associated viral vector remote spinal cord gene deliveryNicholas M Boulis
Department of Neurosurgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Neurosurgery 52:381-7; discussion 387. 2003..The present experiment demonstrates that intraneural injection of colchicine is capable of inhibiting remote delivery of both adenoviral and adeno-associated viral (AAV) vectors, implicating axonal transport in this process...
- [A new human cellular protein AUP1. III. The intracellular localization of AUP1 protein in different human and rat cell lines]K V Karpisheva
Institute of Cytology RAS, St Petersburg, Russia
Tsitologiia 44:846-51. 2002..Taken together, these results suggest that AUP1 is a cytoplasmic protein that is expressed in all cell lines we examined...
- Efficient mobilization of E1-deleted adenovirus type 5 vectors by wild-type adenoviruses of other serotypesHendrik J Rademaker
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Center, Wassenaarseweg 72, 2333 AL Leiden, The Netherlands
J Gen Virol 83:1311-4. 2002..To prevent vector mobilization by wt Ads, new vectors should be developed in which essential functions such as the initiation of DNA replication and genome packaging are restricted...
- A new type of adenovirus vector that utilizes homologous recombination to achieve tumor-specific replicationKathrin Bernt
Division of Medical Genetics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Virol 76:10994-1002. 2002..These new Ad.IR-E1A vectors combine elements that allow for tumor-specific transgene expression, efficient viral replication, and spread in liver metastases after systemic vector application...
- Construction and characterization of E1-minus replication-defective adenovirus vectors that express E3 proteins from the E1 regionKaroly Toth
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Saint Louis Unversity School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
Virology 301:99-108. 2002..7K, as expected. The RID-expressing vectors forced the internalization and degradation of Fas and EGFR, and they inhibited apoptosis induced through the Fas pathway. These vectors should be useful reagents to study the E3 proteins...
- Characterization of bovine adenovirus type 3 E1 proteins and isolation of E1-expressing cell linesAlberto L van Olphen
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907, USA
Virology 295:108-18. 2002..These cell lines will be useful in generating and growing BAV3 E1-deleted recombinants, and also for studying E1 protein interactions with a number of cellular and/or viral proteins...
- Degenerated pIX-IVa2 adenoviral vector sequences lowers reacquisition of the E1 genes during virus amplification in 293 cellsJ J Robert
Aventis Gencell-CNRS-IGR UMR 1582, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Gene Ther 8:1713-20. 2001..This approach could also be applied to decrease reincorporation of the E1 genes during amplification of deltaE1deltaE4 vectors in 293/E4-trans-complementing cells...
- Inhibition of tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced NF-kappa B activation by the adenovirus E3-10.4/14.5K complexJoshua M Friedman
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Virol 76:5515-21. 2002....
- Hepatocarcinoma cells constitutively expressing adenoviral E1-genes provide a tumor model for intratumoral replication of E1-deficient adenovirusesGuenter Cichon
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute for Biology, Humboldt University Berlin at the Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Germany
Anticancer Res 22:197-201. 2002..Moreover, Huh7-E1 tumors release human alpha-1-antitrypsin (hAAT), which allows the monitoring of occult growing tumors (i.e. liver, peritoneum) by measuring serum hAAT levels...
- Transcription initiation activity of adenovirus left-end sequence in adenovirus vectors with e1 deletedMasato Yamamoto
Division of Human Gene Therapy, Department of Medicine, and the Gene Therapy Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 2172, USA
J Virol 77:1633-7. 2003..Further understanding of the transcription initiation activity of the left-end sequence of the adenovirus genome should lead to optimization of adenovirus vectors...
- A single short stretch of homology between adenoviral vector and packaging cell line can give rise to cytopathic effect-inducing, helper-dependent E1-positive particlesPete Murakami
Berlex Biosciences, Process Development Department, Richmond, CA 94804, USA
Hum Gene Ther 13:909-20. 2002..C6 (lacking the 177 nucleotide region of homology) has allowed extensive virus propagation (Ad5.1FGF-4) with no CPE- or HDEP-like events yet detected...
- Telomerase-specific oncolytic virotherapy for human cancer with the hTERT promoterToshiyoshi Fujiwara
Center for Gene and Cell Therapy, Okayama University Hospital, Department of Surgery, Okayama Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Uirusu 58:11-8. 2008..This article reviews recent highlights in this rapidly evolving field: cancer therapeutic and cancer diagnostic approaches using the telomerase-specific oncolytic adenoviruses...
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF CORNEAL ALLOGRAFTSJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will lead to improved strategies for re-establishing immune privilege of corneal transplants and offsetting the untoward effects of allergic diseases on the fate of corneal transplants. ..
- IMMUNOLOGICAL MODULATION OF OCULAR TUMOR METASTASESJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long rang goal of this project is to design, develop, and evaluate novel immunotherapeutic modalities for the prevention and treatment of uveal melanoma metastases. ..
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF CORNEAL ALLOGRAFTSJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2004..All three of these aims will be addressed in a well-characterized mouse model of penetrating keratoplasty. ..
- Prime-boost regimens for adenoviral vaccines to HIV-1Hildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- E1-deleted adenoviral vectors for oral immunizationHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2004..In aim 4, we will determine the tropism of the simian and human Ad recombinants upon oral application emphasizing localization of and cytokine production by transduced antigen presenting cells (APCs). ..
- Oral Vaccine to Inhalation RabiesHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2004..In aim 2, the AdC68rab.gp vaccine will be tested in a non-human primate rabies virus challenge model. ..
- TRANSPLANT AND TUMOR REJECTION PROCESSES WITHIN THE EYEJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2003..g., corneal transplantation). In some cases, it may be desirable to abrogate immune privilege to promote the immune-rejection of sight- and life-threatening ocular neoplasms. ..
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF CORNEAL ALLOGRAFTSJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2002..All three of these aims will be addressed in a well-characterized mouse model of penetrating keratoplasty. ..
- TRANSPLANT AND TUMOR REJECTION PROCESSES WITHIN THE EYEJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2002..g., corneal transplantation) or abrogate immune privilege to protect against sight- and life-threatening neoplasms. ..
- IMMUNOLOGICAL MODULATION OF OCULAR TUMOR METASTASESJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2002..The long rang goal of this project is to design, develop, and evaluate novel immunotherapeutic modalities for the prevention and treatment of uveal melanoma metastases. ..
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF CORNEAL ALLOGRAFTSJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2001..Both strategies procure antigen-specific suppression of host immune responses and should prove useful in preventing corneal graft rejection. ..
- CANCER VACCINE TO P53Hildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF CORNEAL ALLOGRAFTSJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will lead to improved strategies for re-establishing immune privilege of corneal transplants and offsetting the untoward effects of allergic diseases on the fate of corneal transplants. ..
- TRANSPLANT AND TUMOR REJECTION PROCESSES WITHIN THE EYEJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2001..g., corneal transplantation) or abrogate immune privilege to protect against sight- and life-threatening neoplasms. ..
- CANCER VACCINE TO P53Hildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- TRANSPLANT AND TUMOR REJECTION PROCESSES WITHIN THE EYEJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2006..g., corneal transplantation). In some cases, it may be desirable to abrogate immune privilege to promote the immune-rejection of sight- and life-threatening ocular neoplasms. ..
- Oral Vaccine to Inhalation RabiesHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2006..In aim 2, the AdC68rab.gp vaccine will be tested in a non-human primate rabies virus challenge model. ..
- TRANSPLANT AND TUMOR REJECTION PROCESSES WITHIN THE EYEJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- IMMUNOLOGICAL MODULATION OF OCULAR TUMOR METASTASESJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2010..The fourth aim will evaluate the therapeutic efficacy of a monoclonal antibody directed against human CD54 in controlling liver metastases in a nude mouse model of uveal melanoma. ..
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF CORNEAL ALLOGRAFTSJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will lead to improved strategies for re-establishing immune privilege of corneal transplants and offsetting the untoward effects of allergic diseases on the fate of corneal transplants. ..
- TRANSPLANT AND TUMOR REJECTION PROCESSES WITHIN THE EYEJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- IMMUNOLOGICAL MODULATION OF OCULAR TUMOR METASTASESJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2009..The fourth aim will evaluate the therapeutic efficacy of a monoclonal antibody directed against human CD54 in controlling liver metastases in a nude mouse model of uveal melanoma. ..
- TRANSPLANT AND TUMOR REJECTION PROCESSES WITHIN THE EYEJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- HIV-1 Vaccine Based on Chimp Serotypes of AdenovirusHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2008..Studies by HVTN will be complemented by studies of Project 3, which will assess in human volunteers the quality of vaccine-induced gag-specific T cell responses in relationship to pre-existing immunity to the vaccine carrier. ..
- Immune Responses To AAV-Mediated FIX Gene TransferHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2008..The projects will be supported by an Administrative Core, which will provide the needed oversight, and a Vector Core, which will provide the investigators with purified and quality controlled vectors. ..
- INFRASTRUCTIRE DEVELOPMENT GRANT FOR CORNEA RESEARCHJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2008..These facilities will save time, energy, and resources while enhancing the success of seven NEI-sponsored research programs at U.T. Southwestern Medical Center. ..
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF CORNEAL ALLOGRAFTSJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2007
- TRANSPLANT AND TUMOR REJECTION PROCESSES WITHIN THE EYEJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Immune Responses To AAV-Mediated FIX Gene TransferHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2007..The projects will be supported by an Administrative Core, which will provide the needed oversight, and a Vector Core, which will provide the investigators with purified and quality controlled vectors. ..
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF CORNEAL ALLOGRAFTSJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2006..All three of these aims will be addressed in a well-characterized mouse model of penetrating keratoplasty. ..
- Genetic Vaccine to Rabies VirusHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2006..In aim 3, we are proposing experiments in non-human primates to test the vaccine for efficacy in pre- and post-challenge vaccination experiments with and without concomitant application of RIG. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRANSPLANT AND TUMOR REJECTION PROCESSES WITHIN THE EYEJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 2000..g., corneal transplantation) or abrogate immune privilege to protect against sight- and life-threatening neoplasms. ..
- TRANSPLANT AND TUMOR REJECTION PROCESSES WITHIN THE EYEJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 1993..The long range goals of this project are to understand immune regulatory processes in the eye and to manipulate such processes to reduce immune-mediated injury and corneal graft rejection...
- IMMUNOLOGICAL MODULATION OF OCULAR TUMOR METASTASISJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 1992..The long range goal of this project is to implement the optimal protocols for each step of the metastatic process into a single comprehensive plan for preventing and treating metastases arising from intraocular melanomas...
- CANCER VACCINES TO HPV-16 ASSOCIATED TUMORHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 1999..In case the applicant's hypothesis is correct, data gathered within the realm of this application will serve as the basis for a clinical Phase I trial. ..
- TRANSPLANT AND TUMOR REJECTION PROCESSES WITHIN THE EYEJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 1990..Understanding immune privilege may lead to strategies for promoting long term survival of therapeutic organ grafts...
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF CORNEAL ALLOGRAFTSJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 1992
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF CORNEAL ALLOGRAFTSJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 1991
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF CORNEAL ALLOGRAFTSJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 1990
- IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF CORNEAL ALLOGRAFTSJerry Niederkorn; Fiscal Year: 1993..The results from these investigations should provide important insights into the immunobiology of corneal allografts and the feasibility of specific immunological strategies for promoting corneal allograft survival...
- CANCER VACCINES TO HPV-16 ASSOCIATED TUMORHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2000..In case the applicant's hypothesis is correct, data gathered within the realm of this application will serve as the basis for a clinical Phase I trial. ..
- HIV-1 Vaccine-Induced CD8+ Memory CellsHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2003..The role of the two different memory CD8+ T cell populations in limiting propagation of the vaccinia gag recombinant virus will be tested by adoptive transfer experiments. ..
- CANCER VACCINES TO HPV-16 ASSOCIATED TUMORHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2001..In case the applicant's hypothesis is correct, data gathered within the realm of this application will serve as the basis for a clinical Phase I trial. ..
- CANCER VACCINE TO P53Hildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN THE IMMUNOBIOLOGY OF VACCINESHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2007..All of the course work will take place at The Wistar Institute. ..
- Oral Vaccine to Inhalation RabiesHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2005..In aim 2, the AdC68rab.gp vaccine will be tested in a non-human primate rabies virus challenge model. ..
- Mucosal Vaccine to HIV-1 GagHildegund Ertl; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the third aim, we will test a prime-boost regimen using DNA vaccines, expressing Gag for systemic priming combined with the adenoviral recombinants for systemic or intranasal booster immunization. ..