Genomes and Genes
retinoid x receptor alpha
Summary: A nuclear transcription factor. Heterodimerization with PPAR-GAMMA is important in regulation of GLUCOSE metabolism and CELL GROWTH PROCESSES.
Publications182 found, 100 shown here
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and retinoid X receptor transcription factors are released from activated human platelets and shed in microparticlesDenise M Ray
University of Rochester Medical Center, Environmental Medicine, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Thromb Haemost 99:86-95. 2008....
- The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma/retinoid X receptor alpha heterodimer targets the histone modification enzyme PR-Set7/Setd8 gene and regulates adipogenesis through a positive feedback loopKen Ichi Wakabayashi
Genome Science Division, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 29:3544-55. 2009..target genes of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPAR gamma) and its partner protein retinoid X receptor alpha during adipogenesis...
- Structure of the intact PPAR-gamma-RXR- nuclear receptor complex on DNAVikas Chandra
Department of Pharmacology, and Center for Molecular Design, University of Virginia Health System, 1300 Jefferson Park Avenue, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0735, USA
Nature 456:350-6. 2008..The PPAR-gamma LBD cooperates with both DNA-binding domains (DBDs) to enhance response-element binding. The A/B segments are highly dynamic, lacking folded substructures despite their gene-activation properties...
- Retinoid X receptor alpha controls innate inflammatory responses through the up-regulation of chemokine expressionVanessa Núñez
Department of Regenerative Cardiology, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Madrid 28029, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10626-31. 2010The retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) plays a central role in the regulation of many intracellular receptor signaling pathways and can mediate ligand-dependent transcription by forming homodimers or heterodimers with other nuclear ..
- Thyroid hormone induces hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha gene expression through thyroid hormone receptor beta/retinoid x receptor alpha-dependent activation of hepatic leukemia factorTeresa Otto
Institut fur Physiologie, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Endocrinology 149:2241-50. 2008..subunit mRNA and protein within a few hours through activation of the thyroid hormone receptor beta retinoid X receptor alpha heterodimer because knockdown of each of the partners abrogated the stimulation by T(3)...
- Proteasomal degradation of retinoid X receptor alpha reprograms transcriptional activity of PPARgamma in obese mice and humansBruno Lefebvre
Univ Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
J Clin Invest 120:1454-68. 2010..esterase L1 (UCH-L1) and with increased degradation of the PPARgamma heterodimerization partner retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), but not RXRbeta, in visceral WAT from obese humans and mice...
- Hepatocyte retinoid X receptor alpha-dependent regulation of lipid homeostasis and inflammatory cytokine expression contributes to alcohol-induced liver injuryMaxwell Afari Gyamfi
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160 7417, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:443-53. 2008Hepatocyte retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha)-deficient mice are more sensitive to ethanol toxicity than wild-type mice...
- The effect of antagonists on the conformational exchange of the retinoid X receptor alpha ligand-binding domainJianyun Lu
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Magn Reson Chem 47:1071-80. 2009....
- Nuclear export of retinoid X receptor alpha in response to interleukin-1beta-mediated cell signaling: roles for JNK and SER260Tracy L Zimmerman
Texas Children's Liver Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 281:15434-40. 2006As the obligate heterodimer partner to class II nuclear receptors, the retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) plays a vital physiological role in the regulation of multiple hepatic functions, including bile formation, intermediary ..
- 9-cis-retinoic acid up-regulates expression of transcriptional coregulator PELP1, a novel coactivator of the retinoid X receptor alpha pathwayRajesh R Singh
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 281:15394-404. 2006b>Retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), functioning as either a homodimer or a heterodimer with peroxisome proliferator receptors, is known to be involved in manifesting antiproliferative effects in cells...
- Phosphorylation of the human retinoid X receptor alpha at serine 260 impairs coactivator(s) recruitment and induces hormone resistance to multiple ligandsMichael Macoritto
McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:4943-56. 2008The retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) is a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily that regulates transcription of target genes through heterodimerization with several partners, including peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor, ..
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids including docosahexaenoic and arachidonic acid bind to the retinoid X receptor alpha ligand-binding domainJohan Lengqvist
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cell Proteomics 3:692-703. 2004..Taken together, these results show that RXR binds PUFAs in solution and that these compounds induce receptor activation, suggesting that RXR could function as a fatty acid receptor in vivo...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) potentiates, whereas PPARgamma attenuates, glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in pancreatic beta-cellsKim Ravnskjaer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Endocrinology 146:3266-76. 2005..In this study we show that adenoviral coexpression of PPARalpha and retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) in INS-1E beta-cells synergistically and in a dose- and ligand-dependent manner increases the ..
- Retinoid X receptor alpha is highly phosphorylated in retinoic acid-resistant HL-60R cells and the combination of 9-cis retinoic acid plus MEK inhibitor induces apoptosis in the cellsNobuhiro Kanemura
First Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Leuk Res 32:884-92. 2008We examined the effects of 9-cis retinoic acid (RA) on the expression levels of retinoid X receptor alpha (RXR alpha) and its phosphorylated form (p-RXR alpha) in HL-60 and HL-60R cells...
- Developmental changes of the expression of the genes regulated by retinoic acid in the small intestine of ratsYuko Ogura
Laboratory of Nutritional Physiology and COE Program in the 21st Century, University of Shizuoka School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, 52 1 Yada, Shizuoka shi 422 8526, Japan
Life Sci 77:2804-13. 2005..b>Retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) mRNA and retinoic acid receptor alpha (RARalpha) mRNA levels in the small intestine showed ..
- Retinoid X receptor alpha Regulates the expression of glutathione s-transferase genes and modulates acetaminophen-glutathione conjugation in mouse liverGuoli Dai
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7417, USA
Mol Pharmacol 68:1590-6. 2005..This report reveals a potential novel strategy to enhance the detoxification of APAP or other xenobiotics by manipulating Gst activity through RXRalpha-mediated pathways...
- Rubella vaccine-induced cellular immunity: evidence of associations with polymorphisms in the Toll-like, vitamin A and D receptors, and innate immune response genesInna G Ovsyannikova
Mayo Vaccine Research Group, Mayo Clinic, Guggenheim 611C, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hum Genet 127:207-21. 2010..This is the first paper to present evidence that polymorphisms in the TLR, vitamin A, vitamin D receptor, and innate immunity genes can influence adaptive cytokine responses to rubella vaccination...
- Phosphorylated retinoid X receptor alpha loses its heterodimeric activity with retinoic acid receptor betaKotaro Yoshimura
Department of Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, 501 1194, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:1868-74. 2007..In conclusion, the inhibition of RXRalpha phosphorylation and the restoration of its original function as a master regulator of nuclear receptors might therefore be an effective strategy for controlling cancer cell growth...
- Retinoid X receptor regulates Nur77/TR3-dependent apoptosis [corrected] by modulating its nuclear export and mitochondrial targetingXihua Cao
The Burnham Institute, Cancer Center, 10901 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:9705-25. 2004..Together, our results reveal a novel nongenotropic function of RXRalpha and its involvement in the regulation of the Nur77-dependent apoptotic pathway [corrected]..
- The use of in vitro peptide binding profiles and in silico ligand-receptor interaction profiles to describe ligand-induced conformations of the retinoid X receptor alpha ligand-binding domainSimon Folkertsma
Centre for Molecular and Biomolecular Informatics, University of Nijmegen, 6500 GL Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mol Endocrinol 21:30-48. 2007....
- Epicardial retinoid X receptor alpha is required for myocardial growth and coronary artery formationEsther Merki
Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18455-60. 2005..In particular, heart morphogenesis depends on vitamin A signals mediated by the retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), as the systemic mutation of this receptor results in thinning of the myocardium and ..
- Predictive impact of retinoid X receptor-alpha-expression in renal-cell carcinomaNicole Buentig
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 19:331-42. 2004..In our study, we analyzed the expression of retinoid X receptor-alpha (RXR-alpha) and its prognostic value in renal-cell carcinoma (RCC) patients exhibiting stage IV disease upon first diagnosis or thereafter...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma ligands enhance human B cell antibody production and differentiationTatiana M Garcia-Bates
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Immunol 183:6903-12. 2009..These new findings indicate that low doses of PPARgamma/RXRalpha ligands could be used as a new type of adjuvant to stimulate Ab production...
- The role of retinoid X receptor alpha in regulating alcohol metabolismMaxwell Afari Gyamfi
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160 7417, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 319:360-8. 2006..There is substantial overlap in retinol and alcohol metabolism. Mice that lack retinoic acid (RA) receptor retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) expression in the liver are more susceptible to alcoholic liver disease...
- Labor-associated gene expression in the human uterine fundus, lower segment, and cervixRadek Bukowski
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, Texas, USA
PLoS Med 3:e169. 2006..We aimed to assess labor-associated gene expression profiles in these functionally distinct areas of the human uterus by using microarrays...
- Phosphorylation of the retinoid x receptor at the omega loop, modulates the expression of retinoic-acid-target genes with a promoter context specificityNathalie Bruck
, CNRS/INSERM /ULP, BP 10142, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, France
Cell Signal 17:1229-39. 2005....
- Functional role of RXRs and PPARgamma in mature adipocytesD Metzger
Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire IGBMC INSERM CNRS ULP, 1, rue Laurent Fries, 67404 Illkirch, France
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 73:51-8. 2005..Thus, in adipocytes, RXRalpha is essential for lipogenesis, but RXRgamma can functionally replace RXRalpha for the adipocyte vital functions exerted by PPARgamma/RXR heterodimers...
- A role for constitutive androstane receptor in the regulation of human intestinal MDR1 expressionOliver Burk
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstrasse 112, D 70376 Stuttgart, Germany
Biol Chem 386:503-13. 2005..In summary, our data suggest that CAR plays a role in the regulation of intestinal MDR1 expression...
- Selective activation of PPARgamma in breast, colon, and lung cancer cell linesClinton D Allred
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, Markey Cancer Center, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 235:21-9. 2005..Message levels of PPARgamma and retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) in the individual cell lines were quantitated by real time-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- Expression of retinoid X receptor transcripts and their significance for developmental competence in in vitro-produced pre-implantation-stage bovine embryosS Mamo
Institute of Animal Breeding Sciences, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Reprod Domest Anim 40:177-83. 2005..Moreover, identifying the transcript variations in different qualities and expression of RXRG at these stages is a novel input to the pre-implantation-stage knowledge...
- The nuclear xenobiotic receptor CAR: structural determinants of constitutive activation and heterodimerizationKelly Suino
Laboratory of Structural Sciences, Van Andel Research Institute, 333 Bostwick Avenue, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Mol Cell 16:893-905. 2004..These structural observations provide a molecular framework for understanding the atypical transcriptional activation properties of CAR...
- A structural basis for constitutive activity in the human CAR/RXRalpha heterodimerRobert X Xu
Discovery Research, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Mol Cell 16:919-28. 2004The X-ray crystal structure of the human constitutive androstane receptor (CAR, NR1I3)/retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha, NR2B1) heterodimer sheds light on the mechanism of ligand-independent activation of transcription by nuclear ..
- Structural and functional characterization of a novel type of ligand-independent RXR-USP receptorThomas Iwema
IGBMC Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, UMR7104 CNRS, U596 INSERM, ULP, Departement de Biologie et de Genomique Structurales, Illkirch, France
EMBO J 26:3770-82. 2007..These findings together with a phylogenetic analysis suggest that RXR-USPs have undergone remarkable functional shifts during evolution and give insight into receptor-ligand binding evolution and dynamics...
- Rapid apoptosis induction by IGFBP-3 involves an insulin-like growth factor-independent nucleomitochondrial translocation of RXRalpha/Nur77Kuk Wha Lee
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 280:16942-8. 2005..This unique nongenotropic nuclear pathway supports an emerging role for IGFBP-3 as a novel, multicompartmental signaling molecule involved in induction of apoptosis in malignant cells...
- Effects of in utero exposure to bisphenol A on mRNA expression of arylhydrocarbon and retinoid receptors in murine embryosHanako Nishizawa
Unit of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Animal Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan
J Reprod Dev 51:315-24. 2005....
- Synergistic effects of RXR alpha and PPAR gamma ligands to inhibit growth in human colon cancer cells--phosphorylated RXR alpha is a critical target for colon cancer managementKenji Yamazaki
Department of Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Gut 56:1557-63. 2007..In this study the effects of p-RXR alpha on the ability of RXR alpha and PPAR gamma ligands to inhibit growth in colon cancer cells was examined...
- Isolation and functional analysis of a keratinocyte-derived, ligand-regulated nuclear receptor comodulatorAnthony M Flores
Graduate Program in Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, USA
J Invest Dermatol 123:1092-101. 2004..4 kDa), and strict dependence on AF-2 for interaction distinguish COPR1 and COPR2 from the SMRT/NCoR type of corepressor and may represent a means of control that dampens rather than completely represses NR-mediated gene expression...
- A method for efficient production of recombinant thyroid hormone receptors reveals that receptor homodimer-DNA binding is enhanced by the coactivator TIF2Ericka M Diallo
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0678, USA
Protein Expr Purif 40:292-8. 2005..We found the coactivator TIF2 greatly enhances binding of T3-occupied TRs to a subset of TREs, suggesting TRs may activate transcription from these TREs in an RXR-independent manner...
- Regulation of 17-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 in human placental endothelial cellsEmily J Su
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Biol Reprod 77:517-25. 2007..Both retinoic acid receptor alpha (RARA) and retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRA) were readily detected by immunoblotting in isolated placental endothelial cells...
- Manipulation of reciprocal salt bridges at the heterodimerization interface alters the dimerization properties of mouse RXRalpha and PPARgamma1Lap Shu Chan
Molecular and Cellular Biology, Sunnybrook Research Institute, 2075 Bayview Avenue, T2 058 Toronto, Ont, Canada M4N 2M5
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 358:1080-5. 2007..Such mutants will be valuable tools in the genetic analysis of NR function...
- Retinoid X receptor-alpha-dependent transactivation by a naturally occurring structural variant of human constitutive androstane receptor (NR1I3)Scott S Auerbach
Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, The Pennsylvania State University, 201 Life Sciences Bldg, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Mol Pharmacol 68:1239-53. 2005..These results demonstrate that CAR3, unlike CAR1, is a ligand-activated receptor and that CAR3 may regulate gene expression in vivo in a manner distinct from the reference form of the receptor...
- Retinoic acid exerts dual regulatory actions on the expression and nuclear localization of interferon regulatory factor-1Xin M Luo
Department of Nutritional Sciences, 126 S Henderson Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 231:619-31. 2006....
- Regulation and induction of CYP3A11, CYP3A13 and CYP3A25 in C57BL/6J mouse liverM J Down
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, St Michaels Building, University of Portsmouth, White Swan Road, Portsmouth, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 457:105-10. 2007..Furthermore, the gender- and age-dependent pattern of basal PXR and RXRalpha expression is similar to the 3 CYP3As analysed...
- Retinoic acids and trichostatin A (TSA), a histone deacetylase inhibitor, induce human pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 4 (PDK4) gene expressionHye Sook Kwon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 635 Barnhill Drive MS 4053, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5122, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1759:141-51. 2006..Two retinoic acid response elements (RAREs) to which retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) and retinoic acid receptor alpha (RARalpha) bind and activate transcription are present in ..
- Enhancement of caffeic acid phenethyl ester on all-trans retinoic acid-induced differentiation in human leukemia HL-60 cellsHsing-Chun Kuo
Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University, No. 110, Section 1, Chien-Kuo N. Road, Taichung, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 216:80-8. 2006..It is suggested that CAPE possesses the potential to enhance the efficiency of ATRA in the differentiation therapy of APL...
- Ligand-activated PPARbeta efficiently represses the induction of LXR-dependent promoter activity through competition with RXRKimihiko Matsusue
Laboratory of Metabolism, Building 37, Room 3106, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, United States
Mol Cell Endocrinol 256:23-33. 2006....
- Bile salt excretory pump: biology and pathobiologyFrederick J Suchy
Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Hepatology, Department of Pediatrics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 43:S10-6. 2006..This defect leads to enhanced ileal bile salt uptake and impaired canalicular bile salt secretion by BSEP. In PFIC1, an increased load of bile acids is retained in the liver leading to cholestasis and progressive liver injury...
- Human PXR forms a tryptophan zipper-mediated homodimerSchroeder M Noble
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Biochemistry 45:8579-89. 2006..Taken together, these results suggest that the unique Trp-Zip-mediated PXR homodimer plays a role in the function of this nuclear xenobiotic receptor...
- Induction of human CYP2A6 is mediated by the pregnane X receptor with peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator 1alphaMasahiro Itoh
Drug Metabolism and Toxicology, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 319:693-702. 2006..In conclusion, we found that CYP2A6 is induced via PXR and PGC-1alpha through the DR4-like element at the distal response region. This is the first study to report the molecular mechanism of the induction of CYP2A6...
- Topical vitamin D3 and low-calcemic analogs induce thymic stromal lymphopoietin in mouse keratinocytes and trigger an atopic dermatitisMei Li
Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire and Institut Clinique de la Souris, BP10142, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:11736-41. 2006..We propose molecular mechanisms through which vitamin D3 and retinoic acid signalings could be involved in the pathogenesis of atopic diseases...
- Selectivity of fatty acid ligands for PPARalpha which correlates both with binding to cis-element and DNA binding-independent transactivity in Caco-2 cellsKazuki Mochizuki
Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, COE Program in the 21st Century, The University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka 422-8526, Japan
Life Sci 80:140-5. 2006....
- Endocrine-disrupting organotin compounds are potent inducers of adipogenesis in vertebratesFelix Grün
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California Irvine, 2113 McGaugh Hall, Irvine, California 92697 2300, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:2141-55. 2006..Developmental or chronic lifetime exposure to organotins may therefore act as a chemical stressor for obesity and related disorders...
- Analysis of ligand binding and protein dynamics of human retinoid X receptor alpha ligand-binding domain by nuclear magnetic resonanceJianyun Lu
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biochemistry 45:1629-39. 2006..Taken together these results suggest that the RXRalpha LBD exists as a dynamic ensemble of conformations, even after binding its cognate ligand. Such dynamic characteristics may allow RXRalpha to partner with multiple nuclear receptors...
- TGIF inhibits retinoid signalingLaurent Bartholin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics and Center for Cell Signaling, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:990-1001. 2006....
- Downregulation of liver X receptor-alpha in mouse kidney and HK-2 proximal tubular cells by LPS and cytokinesYuwei Wang
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
J Lipid Res 46:2377-87. 2005....
- Effects of fish oil feeding and fasting on LXRalpha/RXRalpha binding to LXRE in the SREBP-1c promoter in mouse liverTeruyo Nakatani
Division of Clinical Nutrition, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, 1-23-1, Toyama, Tokyo 162-8636, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1736:77-86. 2005..Previous promoter analysis revealed that liver X receptor alpha (LXRalpha)/retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) complex was required for SREBP-1c gene expression in cell culture...
- Effect of vitamin A content in cafeteria diet on the expression of nuclear receptors in rat subcutaneous adipose tissueC Bairras
Unité de Nutrition et Signalisation Cellulaire ISTAB, Universite Bordeaux 1, av des Facultés, 33405 Talence, France
J Physiol Biochem 61:353-61. 2005....
- beta-Carotene conversion into vitamin A in human retinal pigment epithelial cellsGurunadh Reddy Chichili
Institute of Biological Chemistry and Nutrition, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:3562-9. 2005..beta-Carotene cleavage in the RPE may be an alternative pathway that would ensure the retinoid supply of photoreceptor cells...
- Involvement of NF-kappaB subunit p65 and retinoic acid receptors, RARalpha and RXRalpha, in transcriptional regulation of the human GnRH II geneRuby L C Hoo
School of Biological Sciences, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
FEBS J 274:2695-706. 2007..Taken together, these data demonstrate the differential roles of NF-kappaB p65 and RARalpha/RXRalpha, interacting with the same sequence in the promoter of the human GnRH II gene to influence gene expression in a cell-specific manner...
- Valproic acid induces CYP3A4 and MDR1 gene expression by activation of constitutive androstane receptor and pregnane X receptor pathwaysLukas Cerveny
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Charles University in Prague, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Drug Metab Dispos 35:1032-41. 2007..EMSA experiments showed VPA-mediated augmentation of CAR/retinoid X receptor alpha heterodimer binding to direct repeat 3 (DR3) and DR4 responsive elements of CYP3A4 and MDR1 genes, ..
- Tumor necrosis factor and interleukin 1 decrease RXRalpha, PPARalpha, PPARgamma, LXRalpha, and the coactivators SRC-1, PGC-1alpha, and PGC-1beta in liver cellsMin Sun Kim
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Metabolism 56:267-79. 2007..that tumor necrosis factor (TNF) and interleukin 1 (IL-1), but not IL-6, decrease the expression of retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha), PPARgamma, liver X receptor ..
- CAR2 displays unique ligand binding and RXRalpha heterodimerization characteristicsScott S Auerbach
Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 35:428-39. 2007....
- Molecular abnormalities in oocytes from women with polycystic ovary syndrome revealed by microarray analysisJennifer R Wood
Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska Lincoln, 3800 Fair Street, Lincoln, Nebraska 68583 0908, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:705-13. 2007..These PCOS phenotypes are associated with exaggerated ovarian responsiveness to FSH and increased pregnancy loss...
- Coactivation of liver receptor homologue-1 by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1alpha on aromatase promoter II and its inhibition by activated retinoid X receptor suggest a novel target for breast-specific antiestrogen therapyRachid Safi
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cancer Res 65:11762-70. 2005..Interestingly, we note that all of these peptides also interact in an agonist-dependent manner with retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), suggesting that these two receptors may compete for limiting cofactors within target cells...
- Coordinated control of bile acids and lipogenesis through FXR-dependent regulation of fatty acid synthaseKaren E Matsukuma
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
J Lipid Res 47:2754-61. 2006..These findings provide the first evidence for direct regulation of lipogenesis by bile acids and also provide a mechanistic rationale for previously unexplained observations regarding bile acid control of FAS expression...
- Ubiquitinated or sumoylated retinoic acid receptor alpha determines its characteristic and interacting model with retinoid X receptor alpha in gastric and breast cancer cellsQiao Wu
Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Cell Biology and Tumor Cell Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, Fujian Province, China
J Mol Endocrinol 32:595-613. 2004..This resulted in a reduction in the DNA binding activity of RARalpha/retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) heterodimer, the separation of RXRalpha from RARalpha and the translocation of RXRalpha from ..
- Ligand recognition by RAR and RXR receptors: binding and selectivityFredy Sussman
Departamento de Quimica Organica, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela 15782, Spain
J Med Chem 48:6212-9. 2005..The hypothesis that the difference in binding site polarity might be exploited to build RXR-selective ligands is tested with some compounds having a thiazolidinedione anchoring group...
- The nuclear receptor Rev-erbalpha is a liver X receptor (LXR) target gene driving a negative feedback loop on select LXR-induced pathways in human macrophagesCoralie Fontaine
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 545, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1, rue du Professeur Calmette, Boite Postale 245, Lille 59019, France
Mol Endocrinol 22:1797-811. 2008..These data identify Rev-erbalpha as a new LXR target gene, inhibiting LXR-induction of TLR-4 in a negative transcriptional feedback loop, but not cholesterol homeostasis gene expression...
- ERAP140/Nbla10993 is a novel favorable prognostic indicator for neuroblastoma induced in response to retinoic acidHiroshi Arai
Division of Biochemistry, Chiba Cancer Center Research Institute, Chiba, Japan
Oncol Rep 19:1381-8. 2008..Taken together, our present findings indicate that ERAP140/Nbla10993 plays an important role in the regulation of ATRA-mediated neuronal differentiation, and is a novel member of prognostic indicators for neuroblastoma...
- Preservation of hepatic phenotype in lentiviral-transduced primary human hepatocytesStephanie M Zamule
Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis and Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Pennsylvania State University, 101 Life Sciences Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Chem Biol Interact 173:179-86. 2008....
- Mechanism of 4-HPR-induced apoptosis in glioma cells: evidences suggesting role of mitochondrial-mediated pathway and endoplasmic reticulum stressMeenakshi Tiwari
Department of Endocrinology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareli Road, Lucknow, 226 014, India
Carcinogenesis 27:2047-58. 2006..Taken together, these results suggest the role of mitochondrial-mediated pathway and ER stress as a key event in 4-HPR-induced apoptosis in glioma cells...
- Transactivation of the hepatitis B virus core promoter by the nuclear receptor FXRalphaChristophe Ramière
INSERM U851, Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Virol 82:10832-40. 2008..receptor activated by bile acids recognizing hormone response elements by forming heterodimers with retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha)...
- Coactivator recruitment is enhanced by thyroid hormone receptor trimersBrenda J Mengeling
Section of Microbiology, One Shields Avenue, University of California, Davis 95616, CA, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 280:47-62. 2008..We conclude that trimer formation confers isoform-specific DNA recognition and transcriptional regulatory properties that are not observed for TR dimers...
- Effect of heterodimer partner RXRalpha on PPARgamma activation function-2 helix in solutionJianyun Lu
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 365:42-6. 2008..This result suggests that 9cRA-bound RXRalpha can affect the PPARgamma AF-2 helix in solution and demonstrates that NMR is a powerful new tool for studying the mechanism of allosteric ligand activation in RXR heterodimers...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha and its response element are required but not sufficient for transcriptional activation of the mouse heart-type fatty acid binding protein geneKowhei Kawabe
Department of Biochemistry, Meiji Pharmaceutical University, Kiyose, Tokyo 204 8588, Japan
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 37:1534-46. 2005....
- Age-related change in the retinoid X receptor beta gene expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of healthy volunteers: effect of 13-cis retinoic acid supplementationJ Brtko
Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Vlarska 3, 833 06 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Mech Ageing Dev 128:594-600. 2007..Our data suggest that in healthy elderly men reduction of RXRbeta expression in PBMCs might be a common feature of physiological senescence...
- The nuclear bile acid receptor FXR is activated by PGC-1alpha in a ligand-dependent mannerEiko Kanaya
Department of Molecular Biology, Biomolecular Engineering Research Institute BERI, 6 2 3 Furuedai, Suita City, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
Biochem J 382:913-21. 2004..Transcriptional activation of the SHP (small heterodimer partner) gene by the FXR-RXRalpha (retinoid X receptor alpha) heterodimer was also enhanced by PGC-1alpha in the presence of CDCA (chenodeoxycholic acid)...
- Retinoic acid inducibility of the human PDGF-a gene is mediated by 5'-distal DNA motifs that overlap with basal enhancer and vitamin D response elementsNancy G Pedigo
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, USA
Gene Expr 14:1-12. 2007..The addition of RARE activity to previously described functions of the 5'-distal enhanceosome underscores the importance of this region as a key integration point for regulatory control of PDGF-A expression...
- Breast cancer progression in MCF10A series of cell lines is associated with alterations in retinoic acid and retinoid X receptors and with differential response to retinoidsXinjian Peng
Department of Surgical Oncology Laboratories, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Int J Oncol 25:961-71. 2004....
- Identification of a retinoic acid-inducible element in the murine PTH/PTHrP (parathyroid hormone/parathyroid hormone-related peptide) receptor geneM Karperien
Department of Endocrinology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Mol Endocrinol 13:1183-96. 1999..Finally, we show that the RA-responsive promoter region is also able to induce expression of a reporter gene in extraembryonic endoderm of 7.5 day-old transgenic mouse embryos...
- Analysis of the functional role of steroid receptor coactivator-1 in ligand-induced transactivation by thyroid hormone receptorM Jeyakumar
The Population Council and The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mol Endocrinol 11:755-67. 1997..Our results raise the interesting possibility that a RXR-specific ligand may modulate T3-mediated signaling by inducing additional interactions between TRE-bound TR-RXR heterodimer and the coactivator...
- Bovine cumulus-granulosa cells contain biologically active retinoid receptors that can respond to retinoic acidMahesh Mohan
Department of Physiological Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma 74078 2006, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:104. 2003..alpha (RARalpha), retinoic acid receptor beta (RARbeta), retinoic acid receptor gamma (RARgamma), retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), retinoid X receptor beta (RXRbeta), retinaldehyde dehydrogenase-2 (RALDH-2), and peroxisome ..
- Evolutionary significance of intra-genome duplications on human chromosomesT Endo
Center for Information Biology, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Shizuoka, Japan
Gene 205:19-27. 1997..glucose-regulated protein (HSPA5), valyl-tRNA synthetase 1 (VARS1), complement component V (C5), PBX3, retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRA), ORFX/RING3L, and others...
- Expression of nuclear hormone receptors in the rat supraoptic nucleusS Lopes da Silva
Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neurosciences, Department of Medical Pharmacology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Endocrinology 136:2276-83. 1995..This indicates that the peptide-producing magnocellular neurons of the SON express a specific set of transcription factors of the nuclear hormone receptor family...
- Activation of myoD gene transcription by 3,5,3'-triiodo-L-thyronine: a direct role for the thyroid hormone and retinoid X receptorsG E Muscat
University of Queensland, Centre for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Ritchie Research Laboratories, St Lucia, Australia
Nucleic Acids Res 22:583-91. 1994..that the thyroid hormone receptor alpha (TR alpha) formed a heterodimeric complex, with either the retinoid X receptor alpha or gamma 1 isoforms (RXR alpha, RXR gamm), on the MyoD TRE that was specifically competed by other well ..
- Dexamethasone induces pregnane X receptor and retinoid X receptor-alpha expression in human hepatocytes: synergistic increase of CYP3A4 induction by pregnane X receptor activatorsJ M Pascussi
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U128, Institut Federatif de Recherche 24, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Montpellier, France
Mol Pharmacol 58:361-72. 2000..These results reveal the existence of functional cross talk between the GR and PXR, and may explain some controversial aspects of the role of the GR in CYP3A4 induction...
- The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma regulates murine pyruvate carboxylase gene expression in vivo and in vitroSarawut Jitrapakdee
Cambridge Institute of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism and the Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, CB2 2QR, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:27466-76. 2005..fragment of mouse PC gene linked to a luciferase reporter construct and with plasmids overexpressing retinoid X receptor alpha/PPARgamma1 or retinoid X receptor alpha/PPARgamma2 showed a 6-8-fold increase above the basal promoter ..
- Cow's milk increases the activities of human nuclear receptors peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors alpha and delta and retinoid X receptor alpha involved in the regulation of energy homeostasis, obesity, and inflammationW Suhara
Institute Oncorex Inc, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
J Dairy Sci 92:4180-7. 2009..The possible role in enhancing the activities of PPARalpha, PPARdelta, and RXRalpha, and the health benefits of cow's milk were discussed...
- Farnesoid X receptor responds to bile acids and represses cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase gene (CYP7A1) transcriptionJ Y Chiang
Department of Biochemistry, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, Ohio 44272, USA
J Biol Chem 275:10918-24. 2000..In Chinese hamster ovary cells transfected with retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha)/FXR, only chenodeoxycholic acid (CDCA) and deoxycholic acid (DCA) were able to stimulate a ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor and farnesoid X receptor ligands differentially regulate sebaceous differentiation in human sebaceous gland organ cultures in vitroM M T Downie
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital Box 232, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QR, UK
Br J Dermatol 151:766-75. 2004..In particular, there is evidence suggesting that the activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs) is an important factor in the regulation of sebocyte lipogenesis...
- Sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1 interacts with the nuclear thyroid hormone receptor to enhance acetyl-CoA carboxylase-alpha transcription in hepatocytesLiya Yin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, School of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
J Biol Chem 277:19554-65. 2002..Here, we also show that alterations in SREBP expression play a role in mediating cell type-dependent differences in T3 regulation of ACCalpha transcription...
- A TATA binding protein-associated factor functions as a coactivator for thyroid hormone receptorsK J Petty
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 8857, USA
Mol Endocrinol 10:1632-45. 1996..The dTAFII110 did not bind to human retinoid X receptor alpha in vitro, indicating that this TAF interacts differentially with nuclear receptors...
- Friend of GATA 2 physically interacts with chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter-TF2 (COUP-TF2) and COUP-TF3 and represses COUP-TF2-dependent activation of the atrial natriuretic factor promoterG S Huggins
Cardiovascular Biology Laboratory, Harvard School of Public Health, Cardiac Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
J Biol Chem 276:28029-36. 2001..Binding to COUP-TF2 was specific because FOG-2 did not interact with the ligand-binding domains of retinoid X receptor alpha, glucocorticoid receptor, and peroxisome proliferating antigen receptor gamma, which are related to the ..
- Dimerization interfaces of v-erbA homodimers and heterodimers with retinoid X receptor alphaQ Shen
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Mississippi Medical Center and G V Montgomery Veterans Administration Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, USA
J Biol Chem 275:41018-27. 2000..The mutant proteins were tested for their ability to form v-ErbA homodimers and heterodimers with retinoid X receptor alpha on differently oriented core motifs by electrophoretic mobility shift assay...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma and retinoid X receptor-alpha expression in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: association with clinicopathological parameters, tumor proliferative capacity, and patients' survivalConstantinos Giaginis
Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Med Sci Monit 15:BR148-56. 2009..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the clinical significance of PPAR-gamma and RXR-alpha expression in pancreatic adenocarcinoma...
- Functional specificity of two hormone response elements present on the human apoA-II promoter that bind retinoid X receptor alpha/thyroid receptor beta heterodimers for retinoids and thyroids: synergistic interactions between thyroid receptor beta and upsEudoxia Hatzivassiliou
Biomedical Sciences Research Center Al Fleming, Institute of Immunology, 14 16 Al Fleming Str, Vari GR 16672, Greece
Biochem J 376:423-31. 2003..A-II) promoter contains a thyroid HRE (hormone response element), which strongly binds RXRalpha (retinoid X receptor alpha)/T(3)Rbeta (thyroid receptor beta) heterodimers and weakly T(3)Rbeta homodimers, but does not bind other ..
- Prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia in mice with conditional disruption of the retinoid X receptor alpha allele in the prostate epitheliumJiapeng Huang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Cancer Res 62:4812-9. 2002..of action of retinoids in the context of the prostate, we used the Cre-loxP system to disrupt the retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) gene specifically in the prostatic epithelium of the mouse...
- Preterm and infection-driven preterm labor: the role of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors and retinoid X receptorSarah J Holdsworth-Carson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Mercy Hospital for Women, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reproduction 137:1007-15. 2009..The reasons for such dysregulation remain to be determined; however, the data are consistent with the hypothesis that PPARs may play a role in preterm labor and infection-complicated preterm deliveries...
- [L-carnitine and cardiac metabolism and remodeling indices in alcoholic cardiomyopathy]Ling Jing
Department of Cardiology, the First Clinical Hospital of Haerbin Medical University, Haerbin 150001, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 47:934-7. 2008..To observe the preventive and therapeutic effects of L-carnitine on the metabolic disorder and cardiac remodeling in alcoholic cardiomyopathy...
- Synergism between nuclear receptors bound to specific hormone response elements of the hepatic control region-1 and the proximal apolipoprotein C-II promoter mediate apolipoprotein C-II gene regulation by bile acids and retinoidsDimitris Kardassis
Department of Basic Sciences, School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Crete, PO Box 1393, 71500 Heraklion, Greece
Biochem J 372:291-304. 2003..This increase in transcription requires the binding of retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha)-FXRalpha heterodimers to a novel inverted repeat with one nucleotide spacing (IR-1) present ..
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha-mediated pathways are altered in hepatocyte-specific retinoid X receptor alpha-deficient miceY J Wan
Department of Pathology, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California 90509, USA
J Biol Chem 275:28285-90. 2000b>Retinoid x receptor alpha (RXRalpha) serves as an active partner of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPARalpha)...
- Mechanisms Regulating Reversal of MalignancyPriscilla Furth; Fiscal Year: 2009..to define the role of p53 in pharmacological differentiation therapies that target nuclear receptors Retinoid X Receptor alpha (RXRalpha) and Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma)...
- Mechanisms Regulating Reversal of MalignancyPriscilla Furth; Fiscal Year: 2009..to define the role of p53 in pharmacological differentiation therapies that target nuclear receptors Retinoid X Receptor alpha (RXRalpha) and Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma)...
- Transcription factor function of hairlessAndrew Engelhard; Fiscal Year: 2005..catagen stage of the normal hair cycle, including hairless (hr), the vitamin D receptor (VDR), and the retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) have been identified on the basis of mutations in these genes which cause hair loss ..
- Cross Regulation of Beta-catenin and Retinoid SignalingStephen Byers; Fiscal Year: 2004..In general the work proposed tests the molecular mechanisms, and significance of, cross regulation of beta-catenin/TCF retinoid signaling pathways. ..
- Signaling Mechanisms Regulating Cardiac RemodelingSTEVEN KUBALAK; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have documented that the retinoid X receptor alpha null (RXRalpha-/-) mouse is an excellent model system to aid our understanding of how retinoic acid ..
- Ubiquitination Regulation of Tumor Cell DifferentiationLingtao Wu; Fiscal Year: 2006..of differentiation regulators including retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein (pRb), RARalpha, and retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha)...
- Hepatic drug metabolism in inflammationRomi Ghose; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, these studies will provide a basis for screening of individuals with polymorphisms in TLR genes during clinical trials of new drugs. ..
- Genomic/Proteomic Premature Birth Research Clinical CoreRADOSLAW BUKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our concept protocols propose to examine networks of co-expressed genes in the uterus during preterm birth. We accept the RFA's capitation and participatory stipulations and stand ready to contribute as a member of the Network. ..
- Efficacy and toxicity of TRAIL against gliomasVINAY PUDUVALLI; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this study could also potentially provide a basis for clinical trials using TRAIL or analogues against gliomas and allow rational selection of agents to modulate the tumor resistance to TRAIL. ..
- Hypoxia-Induced Mitogenic Factor in Perinatal LungDechun Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will utilize comprehensive promoter-reporter transfection studies, EMSA, footprinting, and overexpression studies to define the protein-DNA interactions critical to HIMF gene expression during the perinatal period. ..
- Regulation of Bile Acid Synthesis by Nuclear ReceptorsJohn Y L Chiang; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study could contribute to understanding the mechanisms of metabolic diseases caused by dysregulation of bile acid synthesis and develop therapeutic agents to treat dyslipidemia, liver diseases, obesity and type II diabetes. ..
- Regulation of cholesterol catabolism by bile acidsJongsook Kim Kemper; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will help us understand how SHP activity is modulated and may suggest new approaches for treating metabolic diseases. ..
- Regulation of Bile Acid Synthesis by Nuclear ReceptorsJOHN CHIANG; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Mechanism of keratinocyte RXRalpha mediated melanoma skin cancer developmentARUP K INDRA; Fiscal Year: 2010..The present study involves the use of a novel melanoma mouse model to study the molecular mechanism underlying the role of skin keratinocytes to control melanocyte mitogenesis and melanomagenesis. ..
- BIOCHEMICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF PPARJOHN VANDEN HEUVEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Taken together the proposed studies will greatly enhance our knowledge of PPARalpha's mechanism of action and hence our understanding of an important class of carcinogen. ..
- Efficacy and toxicity of TRAIL against gliomasVINAY PUDUVALLI; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of this study could also potentially provide a basis for clinical trials using TRAIL or analogues against gliomas and allow rational selection of agents to modulate the tumor resistance to TRAIL. ..
- Effects of ethanol on AMP kinase signalingDavid Crabb; Fiscal Year: 2007..It may also shed light on the pathogenesis of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. ..
- Regulation of cholesterol catabolism by bile acidsJONGSOOK KEMPER; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Mechanism of keratinocyte RXRalpha mediated melanoma skin cancer developmentARUP K INDRA; Fiscal Year: 2011..The present study involves the use of a novel melanoma mouse model to study the molecular mechanism underlying the role of skin keratinocytes to control melanocyte mitogenesis and melanomagenesis. ..
- Correlative trial of fenretinide against GlioblastomasVINAY PUDUVALLI; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such data could be relevant not only to future trials of retinoids in gliomas but also for ongoing trials of fenretinide in other malignancies. ..
- CARDIOVASCULAR REMODELING MEDIATED BY RXRa RECEPTORSSTEVEN KUBALAK; Fiscal Year: 2003..III) To test the hypothesis that disruption of RXRalpha expression during cardiogenesis results in cardiac defects that are TGFbeta2 dependent. ..
- BIOCHEMICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF PPARJOHN VANDEN HEUVEL; Fiscal Year: 2003..Taken together the proposed studies will greatly increase our knowledge of PPARalpha's mechanism of action and hence our understanding of an important class of chemical carcinogens. ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF BILE ACID SYNTHESISJOHN CHIANG; Fiscal Year: 2001..The long term objective of this research project is to understand molecular mechanisms of regulation of bile acid synthesis and mechanisms of human diseases in bile acid metabolism and cholesterol homeostasis. ..
- Convergence of Nuclear Receptor and Forkhead SignalingPaul Dowell; Fiscal Year: 2004..The excellent research environment at Johns Hopkins coupled with an extensive collaborative team of experts in relevant fields of study is ideal for successful completion of the proposed work. ..
- Prevention of Urinary Bladder Carcinogenesis in MiceClinton Grubbs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Examination of altered RNA levels in cancers and preneoplastic lesions in an animal model will facilitate the development of relevant surrogate biomarkers for cancer chemoprevention studies (one of the stated goals of this RFA). ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF FXR ACTIVITYJONGSOOK KEMPER; Fiscal Year: 2009..The studies may also facilitate the design of therapeutic agents for treating these metabolic disorders. ..
- Vitamin A Regulates Th1/Th2 Development via RXR PathwayCharles Stephensen; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, receptor-selective retinoids are currently used in cancer therapy and are being evaluated for diabetes. This work will help evaluate possible side effects of these therapies. ..
- Efficacy and toxicity of TRAIL against gliomasVinay K Puduvalli; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this study could also potentially provide a basis for clinical trials using TRAIL or analogues against gliomas and allow rational selection of agents to modulate the tumor resistance to TRAIL. ..
- Mechanism of CTIP2 action in mouse epidermal homeostasis and barrier formation, ARUP K INDRA; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Effects of ethanol on lipid metabolismMin You; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- The Role of Dendritic Cells in Renal Immune ResponsesKarl Nath; Fiscal Year: 2007..Analytic tools will include flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence microscopy, morphometric analysis, cytokine/chemokine ELISA. ..
- Ethanol regulation of adiponectin and its signalingMin You; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Effects of ethanol on lipid metabolismMin You; Fiscal Year: 2007..Since these pathways can be manipulated by pharmacological agents, this hypothesis suggests possible new therapies for alcoholic fatty liver and possibly steatohepatitis. ..
- Role of Vitamin D in Dendritic Cell Immune FunctionsMatthew Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2004....