Genomes and Genes
retinoid x receptor alpha
Summary: A nuclear transcription factor. Heterodimerization with PPAR-GAMMA is important in regulation of GLUCOSE metabolism and CELL GROWTH PROCESSES.
Publications216 found, 100 shown here
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and retinoid X receptor transcription factors are released from activated human platelets and shed in microparticlesDenise M Ray
University of Rochester Medical Center, Environmental Medicine, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Thromb Haemost 99:86-95. 2008....
- Identification of novel NRF2-regulated genes by ChIP-Seq: influence on retinoid X receptor alphaBrian N Chorley
Environmental Genomics Section, Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 40:7416-29. 2012..the expression of about two-thirds of the candidates are likely to be directly NRF2-dependent including retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRA). NRF2 regulation of RXRA has implications for response to retinoid treatments and adipogenesis...
- Structure of the intact PPAR-gamma-RXR- nuclear receptor complex on DNAVikas Chandra
Department of Pharmacology, and Center for Molecular Design, University of Virginia Health System, 1300 Jefferson Park Avenue, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0735, USA
Nature 456:350-6. 2008..The PPAR-gamma LBD cooperates with both DNA-binding domains (DBDs) to enhance response-element binding. The A/B segments are highly dynamic, lacking folded substructures despite their gene-activation properties...
- Epicardial retinoid X receptor alpha is required for myocardial growth and coronary artery formationEsther Merki
Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18455-60. 2005..In particular, heart morphogenesis depends on vitamin A signals mediated by the retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), as the systemic mutation of this receptor results in thinning of the myocardium and ..
- Common architecture of nuclear receptor heterodimers on DNA direct repeat elements with different spacingsNatacha Rochel
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Illkirch, France
Nat Struct Mol Biol 18:564-70. 2011..The results reveal two additional features: the conserved position of the ligand-binding domains at the 5' ends of the target DNAs and the binding of only one coactivator molecule per heterodimer, to RXR's partner...
- Proteasomal degradation of retinoid X receptor alpha reprograms transcriptional activity of PPARgamma in obese mice and humansBruno Lefebvre
Univ Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
J Clin Invest 120:1454-68. 2010..esterase L1 (UCH-L1) and with increased degradation of the PPARgamma heterodimerization partner retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), but not RXRbeta, in visceral WAT from obese humans and mice...
- Rubella vaccine-induced cellular immunity: evidence of associations with polymorphisms in the Toll-like, vitamin A and D receptors, and innate immune response genesInna G Ovsyannikova
Mayo Vaccine Research Group, Mayo Clinic, Guggenheim 611C, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hum Genet 127:207-21. 2010..This is the first paper to present evidence that polymorphisms in the TLR, vitamin A, vitamin D receptor, and innate immunity genes can influence adaptive cytokine responses to rubella vaccination...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha) potentiates, whereas PPARgamma attenuates, glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in pancreatic beta-cellsKim Ravnskjaer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Endocrinology 146:3266-76. 2005..In this study we show that adenoviral coexpression of PPARalpha and retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) in INS-1E beta-cells synergistically and in a dose- and ligand-dependent manner increases the ..
- Epigenetic modulation of the retinoid X receptor alpha by green tea in the azoxymethane-Apc Min/+ mouse model of intestinal cancerSuresh R Volate
Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Mol Carcinog 48:920-33. 2009..The results suggest that a low concentration of GT is sufficient to desilence RXR alpha and inhibit intestinal tumorigenesis in the Apc(Min/+) mouse...
- Retinoid X receptor alpha controls innate inflammatory responses through the up-regulation of chemokine expressionVanessa Núñez
Department of Regenerative Cardiology, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Madrid 28029, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:10626-31. 2010The retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) plays a central role in the regulation of many intracellular receptor signaling pathways and can mediate ligand-dependent transcription by forming homodimers or heterodimers with other nuclear ..
- The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma/retinoid X receptor alpha heterodimer targets the histone modification enzyme PR-Set7/Setd8 gene and regulates adipogenesis through a positive feedback loopKen Ichi Wakabayashi
Genome Science Division, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 29:3544-55. 2009..target genes of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPAR gamma) and its partner protein retinoid X receptor alpha during adipogenesis...
- Thyroid hormone induces hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha gene expression through thyroid hormone receptor beta/retinoid x receptor alpha-dependent activation of hepatic leukemia factorTeresa Otto
Institut fur Physiologie, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Endocrinology 149:2241-50. 2008..subunit mRNA and protein within a few hours through activation of the thyroid hormone receptor beta retinoid X receptor alpha heterodimer because knockdown of each of the partners abrogated the stimulation by T(3)...
- Autoimmune kidney disease and impaired engulfment of apoptotic cells in mice with macrophage peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma or retinoid X receptor alpha deficiencyTamas Roszer
Departamento de Cardiología Regenerativa, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, 28029 Madrid, Spain
J Immunol 186:621-31. 2011..These results demonstrate that stimulation of PPARγ and RXRα in macrophages facilitates apoptotic cell engulfment, and they provide a potential strategy to avoid autoimmunity against dying cells and to attenuate SLE...
- Gene-specific alterations of hepatic gene expression by ligand activation or hepatocyte-selective inhibition of retinoid X receptor-α signalling during inflammationAstrid Kosters
Department of Pediatrics, Texas Children s Liver Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Liver Int 32:321-30. 2012..Inflammation-mediated reduction of nuclear RXRα levels is a main factor in reduced nuclear receptor (NR)-regulated hepatic gene expression, eventually leading to cholestasis and liver damage...
- Deregulation of growth factor, circadian clock, and cell cycle signaling in regenerating hepatocyte RXRalpha-deficient mouse liversXiaoXia Yang
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Am J Pathol 176:733-43. 2010..As many of these observed changes were not documented in the regenerating livers of other nuclear receptor knockout mice, these observed effects may be hepatocyte RXRalpha specific...
- Developmental changes of the expression of the genes regulated by retinoic acid in the small intestine of ratsYuko Ogura
Laboratory of Nutritional Physiology and COE Program in the 21st Century, University of Shizuoka School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, 52 1 Yada, Shizuoka shi 422 8526, Japan
Life Sci 77:2804-13. 2005..b>Retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) mRNA and retinoic acid receptor alpha (RARalpha) mRNA levels in the small intestine showed ..
- Retinoic acid administration and vitamin A status modulate retinoid X receptor alpha and retinoic acid receptor alpha levels in mouse brown adipose tissueJoan Ribot
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Nutrition and Biotechnology, Department of Fundamental Biology and Health Sciences, University of the Balearic Islands, 07122 Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Mol Cell Biochem 266:25-30. 2004..previously shown to down-regulate the steady state levels of retinoic acid receptor alpha (RARalpha) and retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) in primary brown adipocytes differentiated in culture...
- Mechanisms of resistance of hepatocyte retinoid X receptor alpha-null mice to WY-14,643-induced hepatocyte proliferation and cholestasisMaxwell Afari Gyamfi
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Biol Chem 284:9321-30. 2009..We have examined the role of hepatocyte retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), an essential partner of PPARalpha, in modulating WY-14,643-induced hepatocyte proliferation ..
- Expression patterns and role of prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthases, prostaglandin E synthases, prostacyclin synthase, prostacyclin receptor, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta and retinoid x receptor alpha in rat endometrium during artificCarolina Gillio-Meina
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Reproduction 137:537-52. 2009..synthase (PTGIS), prostacyclin receptor, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta (PPARD) and retinoid x receptor alpha (RXRA) in endometrium was assessed by semiquantitative RT-PCR, western blot analyses and ..
- Phosphorylation of the human retinoid X receptor alpha at serine 260 impairs coactivator(s) recruitment and induces hormone resistance to multiple ligandsMichael Macoritto
McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:4943-56. 2008The retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) is a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily that regulates transcription of target genes through heterodimerization with several partners, including peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor, ..
- Phosphorylated retinoid X receptor alpha loses its heterodimeric activity with retinoic acid receptor betaKotaro Yoshimura
Department of Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, 501 1194, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:1868-74. 2007..In conclusion, the inhibition of RXRalpha phosphorylation and the restoration of its original function as a master regulator of nuclear receptors might therefore be an effective strategy for controlling cancer cell growth...
- Suppression of retinoid X receptor alpha and aberrant β-catenin expression significantly associates with progression of colorectal carcinomaFenfen Zhang
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital and Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Eur J Cancer 47:2060-7. 2011To investigate retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRα) and β-catenin expression and their relationship with the clinicopathological features of colorectal carcinoma (CRC)...
- Redundant roles for cJun-N-terminal kinase 1 and 2 in interleukin-1beta-mediated reduction and modification of murine hepatic nuclear retinoid X receptor alphaAstrid Kosters
Texas Children s Liver Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Hepatol 51:898-908. 2009b>Retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), the heterodimeric partner for multiple nuclear receptors (NRs), was shown to be an essential target for inflammation-induced cJun-N-terminal kinase (JNK) signaling in vitro...
- Expression of retinoid X receptor alpha is decreased in 3'-methyl-4-dimethylaminoazobenzene-induced hepatocellular carcinoma in ratsNobuhiro Ando
Department of Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Oncol Rep 18:879-84. 2007....
- Strategy and mechanism for the prevention of hepatocellular carcinoma: phosphorylated retinoid X receptor alpha is a critical target for hepatocellular carcinoma chemopreventionMasahito Shimizu
Department of Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:369-74. 2009..Acyclic retinoid, which targets phosphorylated RXRalpha, may thus play a critical role in preventing the development of multicentric HCC...
- Synergistic growth inhibition by 9-cis-retinoic acid plus trastuzumab in human hepatocellular carcinoma cellsHideharu Tatebe
Department of Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 14:2806-12. 2008..In this study, the effects of phosphorylation of RXRalpha on the ability of RXRalpha ligand 9-cis-retinoic acid (9cRA) and trastuzumab to inhibit growth of HCC cells was examined...
- Hepatic effects of a methionine-choline-deficient diet in hepatocyte RXRalpha-null miceMaxwell Afari Gyamfi
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160 7417, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 234:166-78. 2009..9-fold) only in the H-RXRalpha-null mice. In conclusion, these data suggest a critical role for RXRalpha in hepatic fatty acid homeostasis and protection against MCD-induced hepatocyte injury...
- Retinoid X receptor regulates Nur77/TR3-dependent apoptosis [corrected] by modulating its nuclear export and mitochondrial targetingXihua Cao
The Burnham Institute, Cancer Center, 10901 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:9705-25. 2004..Together, our results reveal a novel nongenotropic function of RXRalpha and its involvement in the regulation of the Nur77-dependent apoptotic pathway [corrected]..
- NSAID sulindac and its analog bind RXRalpha and inhibit RXRalpha-dependent AKT signalingHu Zhou
Institute for Biomedical Research, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian 361005, China
Cancer Cell 17:560-73. 2010..K-80003 displayed enhanced efficacy in inhibiting tRXRalpha-dependent AKT activation and tRXRalpha tumor growth in animals...
- Alteration of hepatic nuclear receptor-mediated signaling pathways in hepatitis C virus patients with and without a history of alcohol drinkingChuanghong Wu
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Hepatology 54:1966-74. 2011..The messenger RNA levels of fibroblast growth factor 21, interleukin-10, and fatty acid synthase, which are all regulated by nuclear receptors, showed independent correlation with hepatic HCV RNA levels...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma ligands enhance human B cell antibody production and differentiationTatiana M Garcia-Bates
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Immunol 183:6903-12. 2009..These new findings indicate that low doses of PPARgamma/RXRalpha ligands could be used as a new type of adjuvant to stimulate Ab production...
- Synergistic effects of RXR alpha and PPAR gamma ligands to inhibit growth in human colon cancer cells--phosphorylated RXR alpha is a critical target for colon cancer managementKenji Yamazaki
Department of Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Gut 56:1557-63. 2007..In this study the effects of p-RXR alpha on the ability of RXR alpha and PPAR gamma ligands to inhibit growth in colon cancer cells was examined...
- Labor-associated gene expression in the human uterine fundus, lower segment, and cervixRadek Bukowski
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, Texas, USA
PLoS Med 3:e169. 2006..We aimed to assess labor-associated gene expression profiles in these functionally distinct areas of the human uterus by using microarrays...
- Identification and characterization of the human retinoid X receptor alpha gene promoterGuojun Li
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Gene 372:118-27. 2006..In addition, the 5' untranslated region of RXRalpha is highly G+C rich, resulting in a potentially stable folding pattern, that would place RXRalpha amongst a group of genes that are subject to regulation at the translational level...
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids including docosahexaenoic and arachidonic acid bind to the retinoid X receptor alpha ligand-binding domainJohan Lengqvist
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cell Proteomics 3:692-703. 2004..Taken together, these results show that RXR binds PUFAs in solution and that these compounds induce receptor activation, suggesting that RXR could function as a fatty acid receptor in vivo...
- The effect of antagonists on the conformational exchange of the retinoid X receptor alpha ligand-binding domainJianyun Lu
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Magn Reson Chem 47:1071-80. 2009....
- Predictive impact of retinoid X receptor-alpha-expression in renal-cell carcinomaNicole Buentig
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 19:331-42. 2004..In our study, we analyzed the expression of retinoid X receptor-alpha (RXR-alpha) and its prognostic value in renal-cell carcinoma (RCC) patients exhibiting stage IV disease upon first diagnosis or thereafter...
- Recruitment of RXR by homotetrameric RARalpha fusion proteins is essential for transformationBernd B Zeisig
Haemato Oncology Section, The Institute of Cancer Research, 15 Cotswold Road, Sutton, Greater London SM2 5NG, UK
Cancer Cell 12:36-51. 2007..Taken together, these results define the oncogenic threshold for self-association and reveal the pathological significance of higher-order RARalpha fusion/RXR hetero-oligomeric complexes and their potential value as a therapeutic target...
- Retinoid X receptor alpha is highly phosphorylated in retinoic acid-resistant HL-60R cells and the combination of 9-cis retinoic acid plus MEK inhibitor induces apoptosis in the cellsNobuhiro Kanemura
First Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Leuk Res 32:884-92. 2008We examined the effects of 9-cis retinoic acid (RA) on the expression levels of retinoid X receptor alpha (RXR alpha) and its phosphorylated form (p-RXR alpha) in HL-60 and HL-60R cells...
- Hepatocyte retinoid X receptor alpha-dependent regulation of lipid homeostasis and inflammatory cytokine expression contributes to alcohol-induced liver injuryMaxwell Afari Gyamfi
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160 7417, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:443-53. 2008Hepatocyte retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha)-deficient mice are more sensitive to ethanol toxicity than wild-type mice...
- The use of in vitro peptide binding profiles and in silico ligand-receptor interaction profiles to describe ligand-induced conformations of the retinoid X receptor alpha ligand-binding domainSimon Folkertsma
Centre for Molecular and Biomolecular Informatics, University of Nijmegen, 6500 GL Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Mol Endocrinol 21:30-48. 2007....
- Hepatocyte RXRalpha deficiency in matured and aged mice: impact on the expression of cancer-related hepatic genes in a gender-specific mannerMinglei Guo
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66103, USA
BMC Genomics 9:403. 2008..Signaling pathways regulated by retinoid x receptor alpha (RXRalpha) are involved in hepatocellular carcinogenesis...
- Retinoid X receptor alpha Regulates the expression of glutathione s-transferase genes and modulates acetaminophen-glutathione conjugation in mouse liverGuoli Dai
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7417, USA
Mol Pharmacol 68:1590-6. 2005..This report reveals a potential novel strategy to enhance the detoxification of APAP or other xenobiotics by manipulating Gst activity through RXRalpha-mediated pathways...
- 9-cis-retinoic acid up-regulates expression of transcriptional coregulator PELP1, a novel coactivator of the retinoid X receptor alpha pathwayRajesh R Singh
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 281:15394-404. 2006b>Retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), functioning as either a homodimer or a heterodimer with peroxisome proliferator receptors, is known to be involved in manifesting antiproliferative effects in cells...
- Nuclear export of retinoid X receptor alpha in response to interleukin-1beta-mediated cell signaling: roles for JNK and SER260Tracy L Zimmerman
Texas Children s Liver Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 281:15434-40. 2006As the obligate heterodimer partner to class II nuclear receptors, the retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) plays a vital physiological role in the regulation of multiple hepatic functions, including bile formation, intermediary ..
- The role of retinoid X receptor alpha in regulating alcohol metabolismMaxwell Afari Gyamfi
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160 7417, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 319:360-8. 2006..There is substantial overlap in retinol and alcohol metabolism. Mice that lack retinoic acid (RA) receptor retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) expression in the liver are more susceptible to alcoholic liver disease...
- Effects of fish oil feeding and fasting on LXRalpha/RXRalpha binding to LXRE in the SREBP-1c promoter in mouse liverTeruyo Nakatani
Division of Clinical Nutrition, National Institute of Health and Nutrition, 1 23 1, Toyama, Tokyo 162 8636, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1736:77-86. 2005..Previous promoter analysis revealed that liver X receptor alpha (LXRalpha)/retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) complex was required for SREBP-1c gene expression in cell culture...
- Phosphorylation of the retinoid x receptor at the omega loop, modulates the expression of retinoic-acid-target genes with a promoter context specificityNathalie Bruck
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, BP 10142, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, France
Cell Signal 17:1229-39. 2005....
- Coactivation of liver receptor homologue-1 by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma coactivator-1alpha on aromatase promoter II and its inhibition by activated retinoid X receptor suggest a novel target for breast-specific antiestrogen therapyRachid Safi
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cancer Res 65:11762-70. 2005..Interestingly, we note that all of these peptides also interact in an agonist-dependent manner with retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), suggesting that these two receptors may compete for limiting cofactors within target cells...
- Effect of vitamin A content in cafeteria diet on the expression of nuclear receptors in rat subcutaneous adipose tissueC Bairras
Unité de Nutrition et Signalisation Cellulaire ISTAB, Universite Bordeaux 1, av des Facultés, 33405 Talence, France
J Physiol Biochem 61:353-61. 2005....
- Retinoid X receptor-alpha-dependent transactivation by a naturally occurring structural variant of human constitutive androstane receptor (NR1I3)Scott S Auerbach
Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, The Pennsylvania State University, 201 Life Sciences Bldg, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Mol Pharmacol 68:1239-53. 2005..These results demonstrate that CAR3, unlike CAR1, is a ligand-activated receptor and that CAR3 may regulate gene expression in vivo in a manner distinct from the reference form of the receptor...
- Analysis of ligand binding and protein dynamics of human retinoid X receptor alpha ligand-binding domain by nuclear magnetic resonanceJianyun Lu
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Biochemistry 45:1629-39. 2006..Taken together these results suggest that the RXRalpha LBD exists as a dynamic ensemble of conformations, even after binding its cognate ligand. Such dynamic characteristics may allow RXRalpha to partner with multiple nuclear receptors...
- Downregulation of liver X receptor-alpha in mouse kidney and HK-2 proximal tubular cells by LPS and cytokinesYuwei Wang
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
J Lipid Res 46:2377-87. 2005....
- Ligand recognition by RAR and RXR receptors: binding and selectivityFredy Sussman
Departamento de Quimica Organica, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela 15782, Spain
J Med Chem 48:6212-9. 2005..The hypothesis that the difference in binding site polarity might be exploited to build RXR-selective ligands is tested with some compounds having a thiazolidinedione anchoring group...
- beta-Carotene conversion into vitamin A in human retinal pigment epithelial cellsGurunadh Reddy Chichili
Institute of Biological Chemistry and Nutrition, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:3562-9. 2005..The purpose of the study was to investigate beta-carotene metabolism and its effects on BCO expression in the human retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) cell line D407...
- TGIF inhibits retinoid signalingLaurent Bartholin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics and Center for Cell Signaling, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:990-1001. 2006....
- Retinoic acid exerts dual regulatory actions on the expression and nuclear localization of interferon regulatory factor-1Xin M Luo
Department of Nutritional Sciences, 126 S Henderson Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 231:619-31. 2006....
- Manipulation of reciprocal salt bridges at the heterodimerization interface alters the dimerization properties of mouse RXRalpha and PPARgamma1Lap Shu Chan
Molecular and Cellular Biology, Sunnybrook Research Institute, 2075 Bayview Avenue, T2 058 Toronto, Ont, Canada M4N 2M5
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 358:1080-5. 2007..Such mutants will be valuable tools in the genetic analysis of NR function...
- Regulation of 17-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 in human placental endothelial cellsEmily J Su
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Biol Reprod 77:517-25. 2007..Both retinoic acid receptor alpha (RARA) and retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRA) were readily detected by immunoblotting in isolated placental endothelial cells...
- Structural and functional characterization of a novel type of ligand-independent RXR-USP receptorThomas Iwema
IGBMC Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, UMR7104 CNRS, U596 INSERM, ULP, Departement de Biologie et de Genomique Structurales, Illkirch, France
EMBO J 26:3770-82. 2007..These findings together with a phylogenetic analysis suggest that RXR-USPs have undergone remarkable functional shifts during evolution and give insight into receptor-ligand binding evolution and dynamics...
- Selectivity of fatty acid ligands for PPARalpha which correlates both with binding to cis-element and DNA binding-independent transactivity in Caco-2 cellsKazuki Mochizuki
Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, COE Program in the 21st Century, The University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Life Sci 80:140-5. 2006....
- Age-related change in the retinoid X receptor beta gene expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of healthy volunteers: effect of 13-cis retinoic acid supplementationJ Brtko
Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Vlarska 3, 833 06 Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Mech Ageing Dev 128:594-600. 2007..Our data suggest that in healthy elderly men reduction of RXRbeta expression in PBMCs might be a common feature of physiological senescence...
- Retinoic acid inducibility of the human PDGF-a gene is mediated by 5'-distal DNA motifs that overlap with basal enhancer and vitamin D response elementsNancy G Pedigo
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536 0298, USA
Gene Expr 14:1-12. 2007..The addition of RARE activity to previously described functions of the 5'-distal enhanceosome underscores the importance of this region as a key integration point for regulatory control of PDGF-A expression...
- Effect of heterodimer partner RXRalpha on PPARgamma activation function-2 helix in solutionJianyun Lu
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 365:42-6. 2008..This result suggests that 9cRA-bound RXRalpha can affect the PPARgamma AF-2 helix in solution and demonstrates that NMR is a powerful new tool for studying the mechanism of allosteric ligand activation in RXR heterodimers...
- Coactivator recruitment is enhanced by thyroid hormone receptor trimersBrenda J Mengeling
Section of Microbiology, One Shields Avenue, University of California, Davis 95616, CA, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 280:47-62. 2008..We conclude that trimer formation confers isoform-specific DNA recognition and transcriptional regulatory properties that are not observed for TR dimers...
- Transactivation of the hepatitis B virus core promoter by the nuclear receptor FXRalphaChristophe Ramière
INSERM U851, Universite de Lyon, Lyon, France
J Virol 82:10832-40. 2008..receptor activated by bile acids recognizing hormone response elements by forming heterodimers with retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha)...
- Preservation of hepatic phenotype in lentiviral-transduced primary human hepatocytesStephanie M Zamule
Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis and Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Pennsylvania State University, 101 Life Sciences Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Chem Biol Interact 173:179-86. 2008....
- ERAP140/Nbla10993 is a novel favorable prognostic indicator for neuroblastoma induced in response to retinoic acidHiroshi Arai
Division of Biochemistry, Chiba Cancer Center Research Institute, Chiba, Japan
Oncol Rep 19:1381-8. 2008..Taken together, our present findings indicate that ERAP140/Nbla10993 plays an important role in the regulation of ATRA-mediated neuronal differentiation, and is a novel member of prognostic indicators for neuroblastoma...
- Involvement of NF-kappaB subunit p65 and retinoic acid receptors, RARalpha and RXRalpha, in transcriptional regulation of the human GnRH II geneRuby L C Hoo
School of Biological Sciences, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
FEBS J 274:2695-706. 2007..Taken together, these data demonstrate the differential roles of NF-kappaB p65 and RARalpha/RXRalpha, interacting with the same sequence in the promoter of the human GnRH II gene to influence gene expression in a cell-specific manner...
- Valproic acid induces CYP3A4 and MDR1 gene expression by activation of constitutive androstane receptor and pregnane X receptor pathwaysLukas Cerveny
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Charles University in Prague, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Drug Metab Dispos 35:1032-41. 2007..EMSA experiments showed VPA-mediated augmentation of CAR/retinoid X receptor alpha heterodimer binding to direct repeat 3 (DR3) and DR4 responsive elements of CYP3A4 and MDR1 genes, ..
- Tumor necrosis factor and interleukin 1 decrease RXRalpha, PPARalpha, PPARgamma, LXRalpha, and the coactivators SRC-1, PGC-1alpha, and PGC-1beta in liver cellsMin Sun Kim
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Metabolism 56:267-79. 2007..that tumor necrosis factor (TNF) and interleukin 1 (IL-1), but not IL-6, decrease the expression of retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha), PPARgamma, liver X receptor ..
- Mechanism of 4-HPR-induced apoptosis in glioma cells: evidences suggesting role of mitochondrial-mediated pathway and endoplasmic reticulum stressMeenakshi Tiwari
Department of Endocrinology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareli Road, Lucknow, 226 014, India
Carcinogenesis 27:2047-58. 2006..Taken together, these results suggest the role of mitochondrial-mediated pathway and ER stress as a key event in 4-HPR-induced apoptosis in glioma cells...
- Retinoic acids and trichostatin A (TSA), a histone deacetylase inhibitor, induce human pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 4 (PDK4) gene expressionHye Sook Kwon
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 635 Barnhill Drive MS 4053, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5122, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1759:141-51. 2006..Two retinoic acid response elements (RAREs) to which retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) and retinoic acid receptor alpha (RARalpha) bind and activate transcription are present in ..
- Enhancement of caffeic acid phenethyl ester on all-trans retinoic acid-induced differentiation in human leukemia HL-60 cellsHsing Chun Kuo
Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University, No 110, Section 1, Chien Kuo N Road, Taichung, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 216:80-8. 2006..It is suggested that CAPE possesses the potential to enhance the efficiency of ATRA in the differentiation therapy of APL...
- Ligand-activated PPARbeta efficiently represses the induction of LXR-dependent promoter activity through competition with RXRKimihiko Matsusue
Laboratory of Metabolism, Building 37, Room 3106, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, United States
Mol Cell Endocrinol 256:23-33. 2006....
- Bile salt excretory pump: biology and pathobiologyFrederick J Suchy
Laboratory of Molecular and Developmental Hepatology, Department of Pediatrics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 43:S10-6. 2006..This defect leads to enhanced ileal bile salt uptake and impaired canalicular bile salt secretion by BSEP. In PFIC1, an increased load of bile acids is retained in the liver leading to cholestasis and progressive liver injury...
- Human PXR forms a tryptophan zipper-mediated homodimerSchroeder M Noble
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Biochemistry 45:8579-89. 2006..Taken together, these results suggest that the unique Trp-Zip-mediated PXR homodimer plays a role in the function of this nuclear xenobiotic receptor...
- Induction of human CYP2A6 is mediated by the pregnane X receptor with peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator 1alphaMasahiro Itoh
Drug Metabolism and Toxicology, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 319:693-702. 2006..In conclusion, we found that CYP2A6 is induced via PXR and PGC-1alpha through the DR4-like element at the distal response region. This is the first study to report the molecular mechanism of the induction of CYP2A6...
- Topical vitamin D3 and low-calcemic analogs induce thymic stromal lymphopoietin in mouse keratinocytes and trigger an atopic dermatitisMei Li
Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire and Institut Clinique de la Souris, BP10142, 67404 Illkirch Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:11736-41. 2006..We propose molecular mechanisms through which vitamin D3 and retinoic acid signalings could be involved in the pathogenesis of atopic diseases...
- Coordinated control of bile acids and lipogenesis through FXR-dependent regulation of fatty acid synthaseKaren E Matsukuma
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
J Lipid Res 47:2754-61. 2006..These findings provide the first evidence for direct regulation of lipogenesis by bile acids and also provide a mechanistic rationale for previously unexplained observations regarding bile acid control of FAS expression...
- Regulation and induction of CYP3A11, CYP3A13 and CYP3A25 in C57BL/6J mouse liverM J Down
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, St Michaels Building, University of Portsmouth, White Swan Road, Portsmouth, UK
Arch Biochem Biophys 457:105-10. 2007..Furthermore, the gender- and age-dependent pattern of basal PXR and RXRalpha expression is similar to the 3 CYP3As analysed...
- Molecular abnormalities in oocytes from women with polycystic ovary syndrome revealed by microarray analysisJennifer R Wood
Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska Lincoln, 3800 Fair Street, Lincoln, Nebraska 68583 0908, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:705-13. 2007..These PCOS phenotypes are associated with exaggerated ovarian responsiveness to FSH and increased pregnancy loss...
- CAR2 displays unique ligand binding and RXRalpha heterodimerization characteristicsScott S Auerbach
Center for Molecular Toxicology and Carcinogenesis, Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 35:428-39. 2007....
- The nuclear receptor Rev-erbalpha is a liver X receptor (LXR) target gene driving a negative feedback loop on select LXR-induced pathways in human macrophagesCoralie Fontaine
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 545, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1, rue du Professeur Calmette, Boite Postale 245, Lille 59019, France
Mol Endocrinol 22:1797-811. 2008..These data identify Rev-erbalpha as a new LXR target gene, inhibiting LXR-induction of TLR-4 in a negative transcriptional feedback loop, but not cholesterol homeostasis gene expression...
- A role for constitutive androstane receptor in the regulation of human intestinal MDR1 expressionOliver Burk
Dr Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Auerbachstrasse 112, D 70376 Stuttgart, Germany
Biol Chem 386:503-13. 2005..In summary, our data suggest that CAR plays a role in the regulation of intestinal MDR1 expression...
- Endocrine-disrupting organotin compounds are potent inducers of adipogenesis in vertebratesFelix Grün
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California Irvine, 2113 McGaugh Hall, Irvine, California 92697 2300, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:2141-55. 2006..Developmental or chronic lifetime exposure to organotins may therefore act as a chemical stressor for obesity and related disorders...
- Ubiquitinated or sumoylated retinoic acid receptor alpha determines its characteristic and interacting model with retinoid X receptor alpha in gastric and breast cancer cellsQiao Wu
Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Cell Biology and Tumor Cell Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, Fujian Province, China
J Mol Endocrinol 32:595-613. 2004..This resulted in a reduction in the DNA binding activity of RARalpha/retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) heterodimer, the separation of RXRalpha from RARalpha and the translocation of RXRalpha from ..
- The nuclear bile acid receptor FXR is activated by PGC-1alpha in a ligand-dependent mannerEiko Kanaya
Department of Molecular Biology, Biomolecular Engineering Research Institute BERI, 6 2 3 Furuedai, Suita City, Osaka 565 0874, Japan
Biochem J 382:913-21. 2004..Transcriptional activation of the SHP (small heterodimer partner) gene by the FXR-RXRalpha (retinoid X receptor alpha) heterodimer was also enhanced by PGC-1alpha in the presence of CDCA (chenodeoxycholic acid)...
- Breast cancer progression in MCF10A series of cell lines is associated with alterations in retinoic acid and retinoid X receptors and with differential response to retinoidsXinjian Peng
Department of Surgical Oncology Laboratories, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Int J Oncol 25:961-71. 2004....
- Isolation and functional analysis of a keratinocyte-derived, ligand-regulated nuclear receptor comodulatorAnthony M Flores
Graduate Program in Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, USA
J Invest Dermatol 123:1092-101. 2004..4 kDa), and strict dependence on AF-2 for interaction distinguish COPR1 and COPR2 from the SMRT/NCoR type of corepressor and may represent a means of control that dampens rather than completely represses NR-mediated gene expression...
- The nuclear xenobiotic receptor CAR: structural determinants of constitutive activation and heterodimerizationKelly Suino
Laboratory of Structural Sciences, Van Andel Research Institute, 333 Bostwick Avenue, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Mol Cell 16:893-905. 2004..These structural observations provide a molecular framework for understanding the atypical transcriptional activation properties of CAR...
- A structural basis for constitutive activity in the human CAR/RXRalpha heterodimerRobert X Xu
Discovery Research, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Mol Cell 16:919-28. 2004The X-ray crystal structure of the human constitutive androstane receptor (CAR, NR1I3)/retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha, NR2B1) heterodimer sheds light on the mechanism of ligand-independent activation of transcription by nuclear ..
- Rapid apoptosis induction by IGFBP-3 involves an insulin-like growth factor-independent nucleomitochondrial translocation of RXRalpha/Nur77Kuk Wha Lee
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Mattel Children s Hospital at UCLA, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 280:16942-8. 2005..This unique nongenotropic nuclear pathway supports an emerging role for IGFBP-3 as a novel, multicompartmental signaling molecule involved in induction of apoptosis in malignant cells...
- Effects of in utero exposure to bisphenol A on mRNA expression of arylhydrocarbon and retinoid receptors in murine embryosHanako Nishizawa
Unit of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Animal Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan
J Reprod Dev 51:315-24. 2005....
- A method for efficient production of recombinant thyroid hormone receptors reveals that receptor homodimer-DNA binding is enhanced by the coactivator TIF2Ericka M Diallo
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0678, USA
Protein Expr Purif 40:292-8. 2005..We found the coactivator TIF2 greatly enhances binding of T3-occupied TRs to a subset of TREs, suggesting TRs may activate transcription from these TREs in an RXR-independent manner...
- Functional role of RXRs and PPARgamma in mature adipocytesD Metzger
Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire IGBMC INSERM CNRS ULP, 1, rue Laurent Fries, 67404 Illkirch, France
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 73:51-8. 2005..Thus, in adipocytes, RXRalpha is essential for lipogenesis, but RXRgamma can functionally replace RXRalpha for the adipocyte vital functions exerted by PPARgamma/RXR heterodimers...
- Expression of retinoid X receptor transcripts and their significance for developmental competence in in vitro-produced pre-implantation-stage bovine embryosS Mamo
Institute of Animal Breeding Sciences, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Reprod Domest Anim 40:177-83. 2005..Moreover, identifying the transcript variations in different qualities and expression of RXRG at these stages is a novel input to the pre-implantation-stage knowledge...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha and its response element are required but not sufficient for transcriptional activation of the mouse heart-type fatty acid binding protein geneKowhei Kawabe
Department of Biochemistry, Meiji Pharmaceutical University, Kiyose, Tokyo 204 8588, Japan
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 37:1534-46. 2005....
- Selective activation of PPARgamma in breast, colon, and lung cancer cell linesClinton D Allred
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Pharmacology, Markey Cancer Center, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 235:21-9. 2005..Message levels of PPARgamma and retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) in the individual cell lines were quantitated by real time-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- Identification of a retinoic acid-inducible element in the murine PTH/PTHrP (parathyroid hormone/parathyroid hormone-related peptide) receptor geneM Karperien
Department of Endocrinology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Mol Endocrinol 13:1183-96. 1999..Finally, we show that the RA-responsive promoter region is also able to induce expression of a reporter gene in extraembryonic endoderm of 7.5 day-old transgenic mouse embryos...
- Bovine cumulus-granulosa cells contain biologically active retinoid receptors that can respond to retinoic acidMahesh Mohan
Department of Physiological Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma 74078 2006, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:104. 2003..alpha (RARalpha), retinoic acid receptor beta (RARbeta), retinoic acid receptor gamma (RARgamma), retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha), retinoid X receptor beta (RXRbeta), retinaldehyde dehydrogenase-2 (RALDH-2), and peroxisome ..
- Mechanisms Regulating Reversal of MalignancyPriscilla Furth; Fiscal Year: 2009..to define the role of p53 in pharmacological differentiation therapies that target nuclear receptors Retinoid X Receptor alpha (RXRalpha) and Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma)...
- Interactions between TGFbeta and retinoid signaling in cardiac developmentLoretta L Hoover; Fiscal Year: 2010..The retinoid X receptor alpha knockout mouse (RXRa-/-) shows cardiac defects which phenocopy human cases of congenital heart disease...
- Transcription factor function of hairlessAndrew Engelhard; Fiscal Year: 2005..catagen stage of the normal hair cycle, including hairless (hr), the vitamin D receptor (VDR), and the retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha) have been identified on the basis of mutations in these genes which cause hair loss ..
- Cross Regulation of Beta-catenin and Retinoid SignalingStephen Byers; Fiscal Year: 2004..In general the work proposed tests the molecular mechanisms, and significance of, cross regulation of beta-catenin/TCF retinoid signaling pathways. ..
- Ubiquitination Regulation of Tumor Cell DifferentiationLingtao Wu; Fiscal Year: 2006..of differentiation regulators including retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein (pRb), RARalpha, and retinoid X receptor alpha (RXRalpha)...
- Signaling Mechanisms Regulating Cardiac RemodelingSTEVEN KUBALAK; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have documented that the retinoid X receptor alpha null (RXRalpha-/-) mouse is an excellent model system to aid our understanding of how retinoic acid ..
- Alcohol abuse in a small rodent neuroAIDS modelJohnny He; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF FXR ACTIVITYJongsook Kim Kemper; Fiscal Year: 2010..The studies may also facilitate the design of therapeutic agents for treating these metabolic disorders. ..
- Variation in the ALOX5 gene and response to omega-3 fatty acid supplementsCharles Stephensen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Indicators of cardiovascular risk will also be assessed before and after intervention, including blood lipid profile, blood pressure, heart rate, and plasma CRP, glucose and insulin concentrations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ETHANOL OXIDATION IN GENETICALLY MODIFIED CELLSDavid Crabb; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study should answer the question of how the presence of different isozymes of ADH modulates alcohol metabolic rates and intracellular acetaldehyde. ..
- BIOCHEMICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF PPARJOHN VANDEN HEUVEL; Fiscal Year: 2008..Taken together the proposed studies will greatly enhance our knowledge of PPARalpha's mechanism of action and hence our understanding of an important class of carcinogen. ..
- REGULATION OF EXPRESSION OF ALDH2David Crabb; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies should further our understanding of the tissue-specific control of ALDH2 and the potential that dietary factors have on its expression. ..
- Chemoprevention of Chemically-Induced Bladder CancersClinton Grubbs; Fiscal Year: 2004..Depending on the results in the FTI treated rats, additional profiles can be assessed in the celecoxib and esculetin treated animals. ..
- Prevention of Urinary Bladder Carcinogenesis in MiceClinton Grubbs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Examination of altered RNA levels in cancers and preneoplastic lesions in an animal model will facilitate the development of relevant surrogate biomarkers for cancer chemoprevention studies (one of the stated goals of this RFA). ..
- CARDIOVASCULAR REMODELING MEDIATED BY RXRa RECEPTORSSTEVEN KUBALAK; Fiscal Year: 2003..III) To test the hypothesis that disruption of RXRalpha expression during cardiogenesis results in cardiac defects that are TGFbeta2 dependent. ..
- Regulation of Bile Acid Synthesis by Nuclear ReceptorsJohn Y L Chiang; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study could contribute to understanding the mechanisms of metabolic diseases caused by dysregulation of bile acid synthesis and develop therapeutic agents to treat dyslipidemia, liver diseases, obesity and type II diabetes. ..
- Correlative trial of fenretinide against GlioblastomasVINAY PUDUVALLI; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such data could be relevant not only to future trials of retinoids in gliomas but also for ongoing trials of fenretinide in other malignancies. ..
- Regulation of cholesterol catabolism by bile acidsJONGSOOK KEMPER; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of ethanol on AMP kinase signalingDavid Crabb; Fiscal Year: 2008..It may also shed light on the pathogenesis of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Convergence of Nuclear Receptor and Forkhead SignalingPaul Dowell; Fiscal Year: 2004..The excellent research environment at Johns Hopkins coupled with an extensive collaborative team of experts in relevant fields of study is ideal for successful completion of the proposed work. ..
- Hypoxia-Induced Mitogenic Factor in Perinatal LungDechun Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will utilize comprehensive promoter-reporter transfection studies, EMSA, footprinting, and overexpression studies to define the protein-DNA interactions critical to HIMF gene expression during the perinatal period. ..
- Efficacy and toxicity of TRAIL against gliomasVinay K Puduvalli; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this study could also potentially provide a basis for clinical trials using TRAIL or analogues against gliomas and allow rational selection of agents to modulate the tumor resistance to TRAIL. ..
- Vitamin A Regulates Th1/Th2 Development via RXR PathwayCharles Stephensen; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, receptor-selective retinoids are currently used in cancer therapy and are being evaluated for diabetes. This work will help evaluate possible side effects of these therapies. ..
- The Role of Dendritic Cells in Renal Immune ResponsesKarl Nath; Fiscal Year: 2007..Analytic tools will include flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence microscopy, morphometric analysis, cytokine/chemokine ELISA. ..
- Role of Vitamin D in Dendritic Cell Immune FunctionsMatthew Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2004....